PDA

View Full Version : CA CA - San Francisco - LIVING Child, Oct 2004

outofthedark
04-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Here's a profile of an unknown young child found in San Francisco in October 2004- Authorities don't know whether he's from SF- he was just found there.

Last time I checked- the National Centre for Missing And Exploited Kids does not have a profile for him- only America's Most Wanted does

AMW link: http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=29743

Poor kid : (

blueclouds
04-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Tell me what you think about this missing child. The age, hair & eye color is right. Looks very similar to me. But would love feedback.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3720/05000209eo.jpg

and the UNIDENTIFIED CHILD ON AMW IS BELOW.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4651/toddlerlg18me.jpg

EdinburghLass
04-28-2006, 01:31 AM
blueclouds - it looks similar to me as well. There is something that is a tiny bit different but I can't put my finger on it. Who is the boy with short hair?

blueclouds
04-28-2006, 01:34 AM
blueclouds - it looks similar to me as well. There is something that is a tiny bit different but I can't put my finger on it. Who is the boy with short hair?

He's missing along with his sister (parental abduction). Attempting to get more info on the child IE: if he had speech impairment or such. It just struck me when I saw the AMW because this other kid is what I've been looking for and attempting to obtain more info. If I receive more info, I will gladly forward it on WS. Wish me luck. Awaiting several LE responses.

EdinburghLass
04-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Good luck and well spotted! Let us know how it goes!

T'sNana
04-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Looks very promising. Look at his eyes (the outer corners turn down) and the cheeks near the nose. The nose looks a little different (only slightly) to me but that could be just the slight angle each picture is taken. I hope he has a home soon, if not his original one...a good one.
Tell me what you think about this missing child. The age, hair & eye color is right. Looks very similar to me. But would love feedback.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3720/05000209eo.jpg

and the UNIDENTIFIED CHILD ON AMW IS BELOW.

mjak
04-28-2006, 12:16 PM
How dose a child just end up in the streets? In a country with more places to go for help how can anyone just disgard a child in the streets? My blood boils reading the plight of this little boy. I think blueclouds photo and the boy could be the same child. Poor little boy.

mjak

outofthedark
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
that photo of the missing boy and the unknown boy do look alike, even the nose kinda looks the same- there's one thing though- the hair, it appears that the unknown boy has more than the missing boy- though perhaps the time frame that the boy went missing in could have given him time to grow more hair, as the unknow child has more hair than the missing boy does.

Paradise
04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Take a look at their teeth, they both have a small gap between the top front two.

amandab
04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
The only thing I wonder about is that the direction of his hair growth seems very different, but maybe that's something that the length could play a factor in? I'm not sure.

Other than that, they do look very very similar.

Lisahas2cats
08-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if this child was ever identified?

Trino
08-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Where I live at birth kids are "footprinted." I don't know how that compares to fingerprints, nor do I know if all hospitals do this. Does anyone have info on this? Just wondering if the boy could be identified by this.

outofthedark
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know if this child was ever identified?
He still hasn't been identified- but he's in protective custody now

Dr. Doogie
08-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Where I live at birth kids are "footprinted." I don't know how that compares to fingerprints, nor do I know if all hospitals do this. Does anyone have info on this? Just wondering if the boy could be identified by this.
I have no specific knowledge about this, but I suspect that there is no national database of footprints on file anywhere to be compared to this child. If they had a possible ID, they could compare the his footprints to the specific footprints of the possible, but no means of randomly running a "footprint check".

californiacarrie
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
This is one of my favorite cases! I'd love to find out what they've tried to extract from this kid, if anything. It amazes me that some kid can just turn up somewhere and not be "missed" - like the Precious Doe case, or even the more recent kidnapping out of Pennsylvania. The difference is, that this child lives! I wonder if they've tried hypnotherapy or anything out of the ordinary in order to conclude what may have happened to his parents. There are just so many possibilities. I'm sure though that they have to be careful not to traumatize him, which limits what they can and can't do to seek answers.

missacorah
08-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure that this could be the same child and thats because of the teeth! The AMW child has quite large teeth while the other boys are rather noticeably smaller and neither boy would have a fully grown set of adult teeth by that age surely!

The other thing that bothered me was why did it say on AMW site that the boy had been missing 2001-2003. What did it mean, please? I mean where could a little lad that age have been alone for a longer period of time? Forgive me if I have missed something - I probably have!

Paradise
08-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Maybe they meant he could've been a missing child from 2001 to 2003? :waitasec:

Trino
08-30-2006, 08:01 PM
So, where is this young lad now? In foster care? Hasn't he even mentioned a name in all this time?

outofthedark
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
So, where is this young lad now? In foster care? Hasn't he even mentioned a name in all this time?
I think they said he had speech problems, so maybe he can't really pronounce his own name

missacorah
08-31-2006, 07:57 AM
They must have at least a vague idea of his name by now. I work in a school and even when speech is really bad I have noticed that the therapists note down which letters the children substitute and what sound they substitute them for so they should have a very rough guess at the very least. Presuming he has the ability to carry out a conversation that is - I presumed it was just the speech that was a problem, but it could be that he actually doesnt know words couldnt it?
Its so sad that there doesnt seem to be anyone actively searching for this little lad doesnt it?

outofthedark
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
It's too bad they didn't update his AMW profile with his progress

smile22
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
ok my posting didnt go through. does anyone know if they sent out his picture to local school districts throughout the usa. it might be the key in finding out who he really is. im willing to send out his pictures and contact info to local schools in the new england area. does anyone think this is a good idea. i know it would be impossible to send out his contact info and picture to every state but if x ammount of people want to help from various states we could cover those first. maybe someone whos a good letter writer could compose a generic letter that we could use in addition to his picture and contact info. if hes in california the chances of him comming from say the east coast are slim but stranger things have happend

californiacarrie
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
He was 3ish when he was found, so if he had speech problems, it was probably pretty bad, and he probably hadn't rec'd any therapy. Also, that would be too young to have been in school. Also, they are just approximating his age by his size.
I know he was placed in foster care when found and i'm guessing that unless he has displayed a bunch of behavioral problems, he is likely in gaurdianship with a family now. I don't think they will ever be able to legally adopt him out though, not sure of those laws...

Lisahas2cats
08-31-2006, 07:35 PM
I wonder if LE has already cross-referenced infants who went missing and would be a likely age to be this little boy?

Lisahas2cats
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Sorry for the double-post, and this adds nothing at all, but his picture looks so much like my DS's biofather (and DS's half-sisters....but not DS himself) that it's eery.

outofthedark
08-31-2006, 08:16 PM
He was 3ish when he was found, so if he had speech problems, it was probably pretty bad, and he probably hadn't rec'd any therapy. Also, that would be too young to have been in school. Also, they are just approximating his age by his size.
I know he was placed in foster care when found and i'm guessing that unless he has displayed a bunch of behavioral problems, he is likely in gaurdianship with a family now. I don't think they will ever be able to legally adopt him out though, not sure of those laws...
Is it me or does this case have some similarities with the "Paloma Unknown" case- except Paloma was seen with an unknown woman

missacorah
09-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Good points but what I meant about the speech was that he would have been assessed when he was found and they could have taken things from there - I'd love to know how he is doing now and whether police have managed to get any info at all from him.

I hope he can be adopted eventually - it would be such a waste otherwise wouldnt it?

Lisahas2cats
09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Who/what is the Paloma Unknown case? I did a search on here but came up with nothing except this thread...
Thanks,
lisa

outofthedark
09-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Who/what is the Paloma Unknown case? I did a search on here but came up with nothing except this thread...
Thanks,
lisa
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/219uftx.html

she also has a NCMEC page with an additional photo on the poster- I can't access NCMEC right now because of some error on their site

Lisahas2cats
09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the link....how sad for that little girl :(. Of course, it's better than what happens to so many little kids, but still. I'm glad she's with a family that wants her, even though it seems she'll be in legal limbo forever...

outofthedark
09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the link....how sad for that little girl :(. Of course, it's better than what happens to so many little kids, but still. I'm glad she's with a family that wants her, even though it seems she'll be in legal limbo forever...You're Welcome

Here's the NCMEC page for "Paloma": http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=99UN0004&orgPrefix=USIL&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

In 2003, "Paloma" was ruled out as a DNA match to Sabrina Aisenberg

mel36
12-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Do they know anything about this little guy yet? I mean who he is or has anybody come forward?

outofthedark
12-14-2006, 01:34 AM
Do they know anything about this little guy yet? I mean who he is or has anybody come forward?
A woman claimed to be his mom, but what she said didn't check out. I've tried to find updates on him on google- but info's hard to find on him. AMW has also removed his profile on their "Missing Children" page without explanation. I did find mention on this MySpace profile for missing kids: http://www.myspace.com/save_our_kids

He's listed under "Abandoned Children"

Lisahas2cats
05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Wonder why AMW pulled his profile? Maybe that means good news...?

californiacarrie
05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Maybe so that he could live a "normal" life without beind identified as "that kid who was found in San Francisco." He's of the age now where that stuff would get frustrating to have to deal with.

seagull65
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
sorry to post 3 years after the last post but I just saw this thread for the first time. Poor little boy :( . What was the outcome, was he ever identified?
The child in the second picture looks like the same child aged a year or two. It is so baffling and sad if they never found out who he really is. Did they ever feature his picture on national TV to see if any family come forward?

The bio parent or guardian could have died or been harmed and that's why they're not searching for him. 3 is very young so he might not understand or be able to explain anything, he could even have been a non-English speaker. Wonder if any tourists or immigrants went missing after coming here or anything along those lines?..... he must have a parent or grandparents or other relatives somewhere obviously, maybe they are not aware what's happened?

hollye
12-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know where I can find current information on this child, since the information is no longer listed on AMW?

Here is a boy that has been missing since 2002
http://www.missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC939490c1.jpg
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=939490&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Though the eyes don't really look the same to me and I think this boy is older.

belfastgirl73
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Anyone know if this little guy has ever been identified. Just came across this thread tonight. So sad!