PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany Marie Souers from Ladue slain in South Carolina - SUSPECT INMAN CAUGHT!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Fayetteville Online - AP Article Page (http://www.fayettevillenc.com/local/article_ap?id=86525)

... Inman was arrested during a traffic stop just a mile from his parents' home in Tennessee. Authorities say his D-N-A matched samples taken from the apartment of victim Tiffany Souers. Her body was found May 26th, with her wrists and neck bound.

Inman has a court appearance today and Jefferson County, Tennessee, Sheriff David Davenport says the suspect could be returned to South Carolina quickly if he decides to waive extradition."

raisincharlie
06-07-2006, 09:17 AM
This whole incident brings out a potential problem that I think all college campuses can have. I realize he was a construction worker at an off campus site. However, how many campuses have construction going on while students are there? How many of those companies do background checks? What and who are our children being exposed to you? In addition many campuses have auxiliary services such as food service. Do those companies do background checks? Pre-employment screening for actual college employees is probably pretty good - but what about those employers associated with the college? Just my thoughts and an area I think of concern.
Seems as though colleges have had much to ponder lately (Duke i.e.). I doubt many construction firms do serious background checks and I kind of doubt that it is illegal to hire a former convict in any case, can't you just see the ACLU having fun with that one if it could be proved someone was intentionally not hired because they had previous convictions and served jail time ...whew !!! Can hear it now - criminals have rights too....

IMO the problem at hand is for the justice system itself to resolve. The public can assist by reviewing a judge's actual record - if inappropriate - vote them out of office. Some are appointed to lifetime positions - that is just wrong and should be terminated immediately. Plea bargins, time off for good behavior, releasing criminals to make room in the cells for newcomers etc. The justice system makes several claims about rehabilitation but in truth I seriously doubt that little true effort is made towards rehabilitation while a criminal is in jail. Not enough staff at most prisions to deal effectively with the criminals. Heck they made Martha Stewart wear an electronic braclet so they could keep track of her - where the heck was Mr. Inman's braclet? I would rather meet Martha Stewart in a dark alley than Mr. Inman, Good example of how bloody stupid the courts can be.

There needs to be, IMO, a thorough review and revamp of how to deal with sex offenders and violent offenders and sentencing for committing such crimes should actually mean something. When will they learn, Jessica Lunsford, Dylan Groene, Karlie Bruscia (sp) and this list goes on and on - 100s of children and adults that would still be alive if the justice system actually took the issues seriously IMO. The sad point is, is that even with all the publicity - the courts still are not listening. I keep hearing all these lawyers say we are a country of law - seems to me the law has been seriously perverted. JMHO

Pharlap
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Any one know if this is the guy that Faith told the cops about?:confused:

Everyone is right, this scumbag should of never seen the light of day.

concernedperson
06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
He's also charged with kidnapping? I can understand unlawful detention (or whatever term it might be labeled), but I don't understand kidnapping. Is there more to this story?

Someone asked about the DNA connection. I, too, find that intriguing. I imagine that the DNA was retrieved from Tiffany herself, and that when it was run through the database, they got the link to this scum from his prior sex crime arrest. I imagine that that's why he took the sheets. I imagine that he somehow thought he'd get away with this?

What a maniac - looking at his record, I cannot believe for a second that he was ever let go. It is obvious to me, and probably to all of us here, that this guy was not looking to "get better". This is disgusting.

I think the kidnappng charge is in place because she was bound at her wrists and neck. I am glad that one is off the street but they better be checking for unsolveds too. His mother also said that he would take off for a couple of days at a time.....stalking/peeping his prey, probably.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
It sounds like Tiffany's father might be struggling with the thoughts that would haunt all of us. I hope that they can somehow get through this.

WREG-TV Memphis - Bikini Murder Suspect Captured in East Tennessee (http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=4998271)

... "How he destroyed an almost and most perfect life, he destroyed the life and for what? You know to destroy it and how long did it take, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, I mean really," said Jim Souer, Tiffany's father...

nanandjim
06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
...notice the scratch on his face...
This appears to be a recent photo. The photo shown in the video and yesterday evening did not have this scratch. I bet it is a fingernail dig.

Call me naive, but I didn't realize that she was bound and sexually assaulted (raped?).

LE solved this case faster than any case I have ever seen. You really have to give them a lot of kudos.

This guy's mother said that he was working in Tennessee. How far is South Carolina from Tennessee. Also, I was assuming that he was working construction at the site adjacent to Tiffany's apartment complex. I figured that he had seen her from that site.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Only on FOX: Souers Family Reacts To Capture (http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=4997969&nav=2KPp)

... Souers says, "I think it is my understanding that her room faced a construction site...as he was building, he was looking my daughter's room."

Tiffany's parents believe the killer stalked their daughter. Tiffany had only been living at the apartment complex for 7 days. "I'm going to tell you, it wouldn't surprise me if Tiffany left her door open...a word to the wise."

The Souers family says their love for Tiffany has kept them together and they've tried not to let anger enter their minds. But when Jim Souers saw the suspect's picture he says he thought, "Absolute disgust and anger..going into my daughter's apartment words I can't use on radio or TV..."

"She was incredible..we're so proud of her...so proud..never forget her..."

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
I think the kidnappng charge is in place because she was bound at her wrists and neck...You're right:

thedailytimes.com - Sex offender nabbed in Jefferson County (http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/259518)

South Carolina prosecutor Bob Ariail also said she was bound by her wrists and neck, which led to the kidnapping charge.

nanandjim
06-07-2006, 09:31 AM
What I don't get is why didn't he just wear bandanas in her home? Then, she couldn't identify him; and he wouldn't have had to kill her. What a pathetic idiot to take a life so full of promise.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Unbelievable, a violent felon with 24 disciplinary actions while incarcerated...
His rage unleashed on a beautiful woman with a bright future -
Rehabilitated?? :banghead:

DISCIPLINARY INFRACTION CODE: Jerry Buck Inman
1989-01-25 FIGHTING
1989-02-01 SELF INJURY
1990-02-27 PROFANE LANGUAGE
1990-03-22 DISOBEY ORDER
1990-04-10 WEAPON POSSESSION
1990-06-13 WEAPON POSSESSION
1991-02-05 ATTEMPT CLASS B OFFENSE
1991-03-04 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1991-08-26 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1992-06-05 ATTEMPT CLASS D OFFENSE
1992-07-02 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-08-10 BARTER/TRADE/LOAN MONEY
1992-08-13 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-08-21 PROVOKE ASSAULT
1992-09-28 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-10-22 ACTIVE RIOTER
1994-03-09 ATTEMPT CLASS A OFFENSE
1994-03-09 DISOBEY ORDER
1994-08-13 HIGH RISK ACT
1994-08-13 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1994-09-29 ATTEMPT CLASS A OFFENSE
1994-09-29 WEAPON POSSESSION
1994-09-29 ATTEMPT CLASS B OFFENSE

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:58 AM
1994-08-13 HIGH RISK ACTWhat qualifies as a high risk act, I wonder?

This lunatic wasn't released early was he? I'm astounded that he's had so many disciplinary problems in prison.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 10:24 AM
What qualifies as a high risk act, I wonder?

This lunatic wasn't released early was he? I'm astounded that he's had so many disciplinary problems in prison.
Hi JerseyGirl,
I'm interpreting it as projected release date 4-4-99 but actual release date 1-4-99. I'm not sure what they consider high risk but how unfortunate that Inman was not more successful in his self injury attempt!

1996-11-18 PAROLE REVIEW
1997-09-22 PAROLE REVIEW
1998-06-26 PAROLE REVIEW
1998-11-19 INTERIM REVIEW
1998-12-07 VOTE REVIEW
1999-01-04 RELEASED/INTENSIVE SUPERVISN - WILL NOTIFY IF RELEASED PRIOR - SUBMIT TO PHYSCL/CHEM/BRTHLYZR - NO CONTACT WITH VICTIMS - WARRANTLESS SEARCHES BY OFFCER

SENTENCE BEGIN DATE (FOR MAX): 1988-09-26
ACTUAL SENTENCE END DATE: 1999-01-04
PROJECTED RELEASE DATE (PRD): 1999-04-04
PAROLE DISCHARGE DATE: 1999-04-04
PAROLE SUPERVISION BEGIN DATE: 1999-01-04

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
1999-01-04 RELEASED/INTENSIVE SUPERVISN - WILL NOTIFY IF RELEASED PRIOR - SUBMIT TO PHYSCL/CHEM/BRTHLYZR - NO CONTACT WITH VICTIMS - WARRANTLESS SEARCHES BY OFFCERWow, so it's not like they didn't realize what a danger this guy was. I can't believe that we see this issue so much and nothing seems to be changing.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
This appears to be a recent photo. The photo shown in the video and yesterday evening did not have this scratch. I bet it is a fingernail dig.

Call me naive, but I didn't realize that she was bound and sexually assaulted (raped?).

LE solved this case faster than any case I have ever seen. You really have to give them a lot of kudos.

This guy's mother said that he was working in Tennessee. How far is South Carolina from Tennessee. Also, I was assuming that he was working construction at the site adjacent to Tiffany's apartment complex. I figured that he had seen her from that site.
hello nan,
Date of Photo:08-18-2005 http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=53230

nanandjim
06-07-2006, 10:33 AM
hello nan,
Date of Photo:08-18-2005 http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=53230
My bad. :blushing: It is however a different photo from the other one that they have been airing because there is no blemish/mark on his left cheek.

cbcrime
06-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I really think it depends on the type of conviction. If it is related to your work - then an employer can choose to not hire. i.e. if you have been convicted of embezzlement - a bank would not have to hire you.

I'm going to check - but some legislation - I believe was passed in Ca relative to sex offenders and working at a school. This was as a result of a very sad incident that happened at a Sacramento High School. It might have been that a school can't hire until the background check is completed. Everything that we can do - I feel should be done.

I totally agree that we really need to look at how sex offenders are handled. From sentencing to parole to monitoring. There is just too many incidents of repeat offenses - light sentences and a poor child or young adult pays the price. When are judges - parole boards etc going to get it?

indigomood
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
My bad. :blushing: It is however a different photo from the other one that they have been airing because there is no blemish/mark on his left cheek.
LOL... my hubby is always saying "my bad"... too funny!

The guy Inman was a fighter not a lover :doh: His disciplinary actions reeks of propensity towards violence. Even an attempted "self injury" <--- (albeit unsuccessful ) :rolleyes:

I imagine he often had wounds but none he would wear as well as the wounds Tiffany's dad might inflict if given the chance. :bang:

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I think the kidnappng charge is in place because she was bound at her wrists and neck. I am glad that one is off the street but they better be checking for unsolveds too. His mother also said that he would take off for a couple of days at a time.....stalking/peeping his prey, probably.

They are trying to link him to another recent unsolved sexual assault in another state as we speak...and I can't believe there aren't others. I also don't believe Tiffany is his first homicide. :sick:

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I also don't believe Tiffany is his first homicide. :sick:I totally agree. He seems much too violent for this to have been his first time.

nanandjim
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
... Even an attempted "self injury" <--- (albeit unsuccessful ) :rolleyes:
Who knows if this self-injury was a ploy to get him a trip to the hospital where life may be a little easier on the prisoners??

indigomood
06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Who knows if this self-injury was a ploy to get him a trip to the hospital where life may be a little easier on the prisoners??
No Doubt! Three hots and a cot probably better in the hospital than the big house. He served time for two escapes, as well. Might have made a go for it again in transit...

indigomood
06-07-2006, 11:14 AM
S.C. Slaying Suspect Waives Extradition

Davenport said Inman has been talking to investigators.

"He didn't know the victim," Davenport said Wednesday. "It is our information he was driving around in the (victim's) neighborhood and saw her and he liked her looks."

Souers, a 20-year-old civil engineering student from the St. Louis suburb of Ladue, Mo., was wearing only a bra when she was found May 26 on the bedroom floor in her off-campus apartment. The bikini top was still around her neck and her wrists and ankles were bound.

Inman was registered as a sex offender in Florida and North Carolina. Davenport said his department had been told by South Carolina authorities to look for Inman, whose family moved to the area from Florida in 2000. Authorities staked out the relatives' homes and spotted Inman driving by in a red Chevy Blazer around 11:45 p.m.
Chief Deputy Bob McCoyg pulled him over and arrested him without incident.

"His vehicle had several items in it that were related to the crimes," McCoyg said Wednesday.

more at link http://www.edmondsun.com/feeds/apcontent/apstories/apstorysection/D8I3E3OG2.xml.txt/resources_apstoryview

concernedperson
06-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Looks like he will be charged with attacks on other women.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=35013

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Why do you guys supposed he killed Tiffany? Did she fight him too hard and make him angry? Did she pull off a mask or bandanna and get a look at him? Was he getting excited at the thought of killing a victim?

Masterj
06-07-2006, 12:54 PM
This is a bit O/T but I am really surprised at the post that mentioned her apartment complex supplied panic buttons in all the apartments. Is this typical of apartments these days? I have never had one of those in any of my apartments, nor have I heard of it before. I especially wouldn't have expected to hear of one in a Clemson apartment.

I am so thankful that Tiffany's parents can watch this horrible excuse of a human be charged for this horrific crime. Does SC have the death penalty? Also, I wonder what items were found in his car relating to this crime.

There has to be more victims. This was too aggressive and brazen an act IMO.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Alleged Killer of Tiffany Souers Arrested in Tennessee - The Crime library (http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0606/0701_alleged_souers_killer_arrested_in_tennessee5. html)

... In Hillsborough County, on December 14, 1987, Jerry Inman had committed sexual battery with a weapon or force, robbery with a deadly weapon, burglary, grand theft of a motor vehicle, aggravated assault with intent to kill, and kidnapping.

... Inman was finally convicted and on September 5, 1989, he was sentenced to 30 years in prison.

... convicted in North Carolina on September 26, 1988 of another sex offense. ... Inman was sentenced to a maximum term of 20 years. According to his record, Inman tried to escape twice, and had at least 24 other unspecified infractions. For North Carolina's purposes, Jerry Inman's sentence was up in January of 1999. A 2nd degree sexual assault netted Inman 11 years of a 20-year sentence in North Carolina, and this was apparently served concurrently with his sentence in Florida.

... Bren Souers, Tiffany's mother, expressed a measure of relief at news of the accused killer's capture. "We're moving in the right direction," she said, "We can move on with how we put the pieces together in our lives without our little girl."

Angels_Not_Forgotten
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
who knows? Good question though. maybe these other crimes he was linked to just wasnt giving him the thrill anymore. Who knows what perverted psychopaths think :(

LaMer
06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
This is a bit O/T but I am really surprised at the post that mentioned her apartment complex supplied panic buttons in all the apartments. Is this typical of apartments these days? I have never had one of those in any of my apartments, nor have I heard of it before. I especially wouldn't have expected to hear of one in a Clemson apartment.

I am so thankful that Tiffany's parents can watch this horrible excuse of a human be charged for this horrific crime. Does SC have the death penalty? Also, I wonder what items were found in his car relating to this crime.

There has to be more victims. This was too aggressive and brazen an act IMO.

Some of the newer apt/condos have built in security systems, and one has the option of purchasing a separate 'panic button mechanism'. Even with a security system (which also have panic buttons), one has to be able to get to it.

When I am staying here alone, I always have the 'panic button' within reach.

SC does have the death penalty, per the news last night.

I pray this piece of crap, pleads guilty and spares Tiffany's family from having to suffer further through a trial. Someone on FOX mentioned this monster/raper/killer could have a mental disease defense defense ---I say fry him!

Question: If he does plead 'guilty', could he still get the death penalty? Probably not huh?

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Someone on FOX mentioned this monster/raper/killer could have a mental disease defense defense ---I say fry him!An article I read earlier quoted his mother as saying that he's bipolar and has been suicidal from time to time. I'm absolutely positive that they're going to try to spin a defense from that. :rolleyes:

Anderson Independent Mail: News (http://www.independentmail.com/and/news/article/0,1886,AND_8203_4756915,00.html) (this isn't the one but it also mentions the statement by his mother):

... When Jerry Inman was released from prison in Florida last September, the state prison system registered him as a sex offender as a prerequisite for his release, said Tom Berlinger, chief media spokesman for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Another requirement was that he provide a DNA sample for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s DNA database, which became one of the two DNA matches made to crime scene evidence, Mr. Berlinger said...

The site lists tattoos of a skull on his back; a tiger on his chest; a skull pentagram on his left hand; a skull dagger on his left leg; a bat on his neck; a skull, dragon, cross, and "memory of broth" on his right arm; a skull on his right hand; and a female gun on his stomach...

Mr. Inman’s mother, Vera McArthur, told The Greenville News that her son is bipolar and often suicidal and had no idea South Carolina authorities were looking for him...

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
who knows? Good question though. maybe these other crimes he was linked to just wasnt giving him the thrill anymore. Who knows what perverted psychopaths think :(

I just wondered b/c apparently he raped two other women in the days immediately prior to killing Tiffany, one woman in my own state. :::shuddering::: I agree that probably just raping wasn't enough for him anymore. Poor, sweet Tiffany.

Damn the judge or parole board who let this scumbag out of prison in 9/05 to the pit of hell.

raisincharlie
06-07-2006, 02:44 PM
An article I read earlier quoted his mother as saying that he's bipolar and has been suicidal from time to time. I'm absolutely positive that they're going to try to spin a defense from that. :rolleyes:

<snip>

Mr. Inman’s mother, Vera McArthur, told The Greenville News that her son is bipolar and often suicidal and had no idea South Carolina authorities were looking for him...

Fox News has been broadcasting live the booking in Pickens S.C. - the booking officer flat asked him if he was suicidal and he said no...maybe a smart move on their part to film him being asked these questions - maybe not good that it was on the national news but...he says he is not suicidal. If he was suicidal, shame he didn't act on it and suceed before he hurt someone. Maybe they should just slip a good sharp knife into his cell and see, save the good tax payers of S.C. the cost of a trial and prevent any chance some idiot judge or parole board will ever let him walk the streets again. I should not be proud of this line of thought but this guy deserves a needle, and quickly IMO.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 03:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/phatwirephreddie/inman4.jpg

Suspect confesses to killing; two other rapes, authorities say

DANDRIDGE, Tenn., — Jerry Buck Inman confessed to the strangling death of Clemson University student Tiffany Marie Souers and two other rapes involving young blonde women in Alabama and Tennessee just days before, authorities said Wednesday.

In all three cases he was driving around and just happened to see these women,

"We asked him, `Why?', and all he would say was that he's a sick animal," Chief Deputy McCoig said.

more at link http://www.independentmail.com/and/home/article/0,1886,AND_8195_4757201,00.html

NEW DETAILS: Clemson murder suspect to be charged with other attacks on women

Authorities say Jerry "Buck" Inman will be charged with a May 23 assault on a woman in Rainsville, Alabama in which the victim was tied up.

He will also be charged with the May 24 rape of a Sevierville, TN woman.

more at link http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=35013

Yeah,me
06-07-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't think the family would get closure if this animal commited suicide. IMO, they need to go thru the trial to finish the grieving process, as difficult as that may be.

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 04:16 PM
If he confessed, perhaps he'll plead guilty and spare Tiffany's parents the agony of a trial and all the horrible details. I pray so. Then he'll be put to death by SC even faster, too.

spclk
06-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Surviving a rape would have to be just horrendous, and thank the good Lord I don't know from experience. However, these other two girls are certainly lucky to be alive. I am sure that they are going through a terribly traumatic time knowing that he murdered poor Tiffany and that could have been them.

I spoke to the mother of a classmate of Tiffany's this week (they did not know each other, but went through sorrority rush together) and she stated that all of the girls that live off campus were just terrified. Thank goodness they caught this monster!

LNL
06-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Any one know if this is the guy that Faith told the cops about?:confused:

Everyone is right, this scumbag should of never seen the light of day.
Sounds like this is a different guy. The guy Faith talked about was a local, married with a couple of young kids who had lived there for a while.

Anniegirl
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
We asked him, `Why?', and all he would say was that he's a sick animal," Chief Deputy McCoig said.

Sounds like to me he's 'boasting' and gets off on being a sick , animal--- i think he's using way to kind of a word for him, "Animal"... he's lower than spit on a sidewalk... way below the worse , violent animal that would walk this earth-

Makes me sick , repeated sex offenders let free to do it again-:confused:

concernedperson
06-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Sounds like to me he's 'boasting' and gets off on being a sick , animal--- i think he's using way to kind of a word for him, "Animal"... he's lower than spit on a sidewalk... way below the worse , violent animal that would walk this earth-

Makes me sick , repeated sex offenders let free to do it again-:confused:

You are not alone in your thinking. But it has to be broadcasted to be effective.People need to understand that because they admit or they deny a heinous crime has been committed, they will be prosecuted. This will go a long way to insure that sexual predators are not released early. They will continue and escalate. The perverson is going to be part and parcel to their lives. It has to be stopped and the courts are the jurisdiction to see that it is. I think that all of us have stepped up to the plate and all of us want to see reponsibility come to the people who see this and want it stopped.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Inman spent most of life in jail

Florida authorities released Mr. Inman in September after he served only six years in prison there. Mr. Inman was sentenced in 1989 in Florida to serve four 30-year sentences and two five-year sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery, burglary, armed robbery, grand theft auto and aggravated assault in Hillsborough County, Fla. Those occurred on Dec. 14, 1987.

A judge sentenced Inman to serve his sentences - which amounted to 130 years in jail - concurrently, meaning his total sentence was actually only 30 years.

But in 1988, Inman had been convicted of a sexual offense in the second degree in North Carolina and sentenced to 20 years in prison there

In 1989, however, he was taken to Florida, where he was convicted of the Hillsborough County charges, according to state records.

Then, Mr. Inman was returned to a North Carolina prison to complete his North Carolina sentence.

Mr. Inman’s jail time trail is complicated because of the different jurisdictions, crediting of prison time and use of concurrent sentencing practices.

more at link (http://www.independentmail.com/and/home/article/0,1886,AND_8195_4757726,00.html)

ETA - the article also states Mr. Inman’s time served was shortened because he received credit for the days he remained in jail while awaiting trial and because he received "gain time," an incentive offered for good behavior or participation in certain programs allowing inmates an opportunity to earn a reduction in a sentence imposed by the court, Ms. Plessinger said.

:waitasec: my question is, how are they defining "good behavior"?? Does this qualify??

DISCIPLINARY INFRACTION CODE: Jerry Buck Inman
1989-01-25 FIGHTING
1989-02-01 SELF INJURY
1990-02-27 PROFANE LANGUAGE
1990-03-22 DISOBEY ORDER
1990-04-10 WEAPON POSSESSION
1990-06-13 WEAPON POSSESSION
1991-02-05 ATTEMPT CLASS B OFFENSE
1991-03-04 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1991-08-26 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1992-06-05 ATTEMPT CLASS D OFFENSE
1992-07-02 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-08-10 BARTER/TRADE/LOAN MONEY
1992-08-13 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-09-28 WEAPON POSSESSION
1992-10-22 ACTIVE RIOTER
1994-03-09 ATTEMPT CLASS A OFFENSE
1994-03-09 DISOBEY ORDER
1994-08-13 HIGH RISK ACT
1994-08-13 NO THREAT CONTRABAND
1994-09-29 ATTEMPT CLASS A OFFENSE
1994-09-29 WEAPON POSSESSION
1994-09-29 ATTEMPT CLASS B OFFENSE

Bobbisangel
06-07-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm so glad that they caught him. I feel so bad for Tiffany's parents just knowing what this evil, creepy, pervert did to their daughter and knowing that his ugly face and bald head was the last thing that that sweet girl ever saw. I can't stand to look at the man. I get a shiver right down my spine everytime his picture shows on TV. You just have to look at him and know that he feels no remorse at all. They do have the death penalty in that state and it sounds like the Pros is going for it.

This guy should never in a million years been let out of prison. I can't see the sense in giving a person 3 30 year sentences if they are going to all be served at the same time. That is just a bunch of bull. In reality the guy got one 30 year sentence no matter how the judicial system trys to make it look.
So much of what they say is nothing but double talk to make the public think that they are really slamming it to these perverts.

LaMer
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone see Greta tonight? She interviewed the arresting officer, he said, the sick pervert talked. Admitted to driving around, saw Tiffany sitting on her balcony, went back after he thought she would be asleep! What a sicko, I have so many name for this pervert, but will refrain.

richandfamous
06-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Anyone see Greta tonight? She interviewed the arresting officer, he said, the sick pervert talked. Admitted to driving around, saw Tiffany sitting on her balcony, went back after he thought she would be asleep! What a sicko, I have so many name for this pervert, but will refrain.

Also, one of the other officers from one of the other attempted rape cases in another state said that the victim talked him out of raping her...his words were something like "she witnessed to him and he stopped"

dark_shadows
06-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Article from Fox News

news link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198582,00.html)
A convicted sex offender charged Wednesday with first-degree murder, kidnapping and rape in the bikini strangulation death of a Clemson University (http://javascript<b></b>:siteSearch('Clemson%20University');) junior has confessed to the murder and two other sexual attacks in two other states, authorities said.
Jerry Buck Inman (http://javascript<b></b>:siteSearch('Jerry%20Buck%20Inman');), 35, confessed to the May 26 murder of Tiffany Marie Souers (http://javascript<b></b>:siteSearch('Tiffany%20Marie%20Souers');), 20, as well as two sexual attacks of blond women in Tennessee and Alabama, The Anderson Independent-Mail (http://www.independentmail.com/) reported Wednesday.

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I saw portions of Greta last night and heard this, too. It reminded me of that Duncan guy who drove around and spotted the Groene children playing in a sprinkler.

I wonder if Inman had entered Tiffany's apartment just to rape and not murder her. Perhaps, he was angered because she fought back. The woman in Alabama talked him out of raping her (according to last night's Greta).

It is so sad that a woman had to be murdered to get this guy off of the streets. Surely, he left DNA in the other two cases. It seems to me that if the police had been quicker in following up with those cases, perhaps, a life could have been saved.

Maybe, that's being unrealistic. I believe that the Alabama attempted rape occurred just three (?) days prior to the murder. I don't know when the Tennessee rape occurred.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
our system seems to bend over backwards to protect the criminals ( such as not keeping track of him certainly, but also making sure he got whatever the ratio of waiting in jail for sentencing was taken off his sentence ) it seems impossible that with all of those charges the short amount of time he served was all that he was sentenced too. I also agree that if he wasnt being careful about leaving DNA here im sure he wasnt in Tenn and alabama. Such a tragedy for everyone involved :(

kato
06-08-2006, 09:47 AM
NG on GMA right now talking about Inman. She said he has had sexual attacks before and one was on a man. That's the 1st I've heard about him assaulting a man. She's wearing jeans with a rip in the knee. Just thought I'd add that observation. LOL

Marisa714
06-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Woah, I just now realized/remembered that my uncle is a professor at Clemson University! Sorry this is so off topic, I just forgot he was teaching there.....

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 10:38 AM
...She said he has had sexual attacks before and one was on a man...
He raped a man while in prison, I believe.

kato
06-08-2006, 10:41 AM
He raped a man while in prison, I believe.

That's probably right.

mocity
06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Has anyone said how he got into her apartment? Did she open the front door or did he go in through the sliding door? Was she awake or asleep? Not sure if they have said.

kato
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Has anyone said how he got into her apartment? Did she open the front door or did he go in through the sliding door? Was she awake or asleep? Not sure if they have said.

I'm curious about that also. Did we miss something? Or are they not saying yet?

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
I haven't heard how he got in, but I feel certain that he would have used any means possible. I heard something last night on one of the cable shows that he entered the home in Alabama through floor tiles or something like that.

I think that he spotted Tiffany, waited for her to go to sleep and slipped in somehow. I am assuming that she was still in the process of getting ready for bed as she was on the phone for a while after she returned home (or at least that is what I heard on the news, I think).

I'm not sure of the scenario, though, because it was said that he removed the sheets from her bed. This makes me wonder what kind of DNA they found if this guy thought that he was removing all of the evidence by removing the sheets.

richandfamous
06-08-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm curious about that also. Did we miss something? Or are they not saying yet?
Don't know if she was actually asleep but they did say he saw her on the balcony and waited till she was asleep to go in.

cammy-g
06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
If I had to bet a dollar, my guess is they got fingerprints off the DL that was found. I know they keep saying DNA but I would think we would have heard by now...?

Notice my wager is only a dollar.

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Don't know if she was actually asleep but they did say he saw her on the balcony and waited till she was asleep to go in.
What I heard last night is that he waited until he thought that she was asleep before entering the apartment. This made me think that she wasn't asleep yet.

richandfamous
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I haven't heard how he got in, but I feel certain that he would have used any means possible. I heard something last night on one of the cable shows that he entered the home in Alabama through floor tiles or something like that.

I think that he spotted Tiffany, waited for her to go to sleep and slipped in somehow. I am assuming that she was still in the process of getting ready for bed as she was on the phone for a while after she returned home (or at least that is what I heard on the news, I think).

I'm not sure of the scenario, though, because it was said that he removed the sheets from her bed. This makes me wonder what kind of DNA they found if this guy thought that he was removing all of the evidence by removing the sheets.

I don't think she was actually asleep either, she still had her bra on. So, unless she sleeps in her bra, she was not in bed yet. Who was she on the phone with???

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
... I know they keep saying DNA but I would think we would have heard by now...?
I heard that there was 'all sorts of DNA' found in the apartment. Tiffany's mother said that her daughter fiercely fought for her life.

P.S. I usually only wager a dollar myself and never pay up on my bets with my husband. ;)

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 11:10 AM
...Who was she on the phone with???
I can't remember. I thought that in the timeline it was said that she arrived home at 11:30 p.m. and was on the phone until 12 midnight.

Of course, I am usually fuzzy about details as there are so many with so many cases. :blushing:

kato
06-08-2006, 11:15 AM
I've been thinking. I'm very OCD about doors and windows being locked even when I'm home. I lock my BF out all the time when he's barbecueing. LOL But even if you lock up tight if someone is determined to get in they will. I once dated a guy that after we broke up I was sure that even when I locked up he was still getting in. Come to find out even though the sliding glass door was locked he was taking it off the track. The door was at the back that faced a golf course with lots of brush and no one would notice if something like that were going on.

richandfamous
06-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I've been thinking. I'm very OCD about doors and windows being locked even when I'm home. I lock my BF out all the time when he's barbecueing. LOL But even if you lock up tight if someone is determined to get in they will. I once dated a guy that after we broke up I was sure that even when I locked up he was still getting in. Come to find out even though the sliding glass door was locked he was taking it off the track. The door was at the back that faced a golf course with lots of brush and no one would notice if something like that were going on.
Yep, locked doors don't stop a determined perp. Sounds like we need to send our kids to bootcamp and learn to defend themselves with deadly force just to survive in this sick world. This is all too much for me right now, My Daughter just moved to Phoenix to go to College and I am really creeped out by the reality of this crap. Last night she called and said she was locked outside her apt and sitting in the rain waiting for a friend to come and help her. I am besides myself with worry about her....she really has her head up her butt and thinks nothing can happen to her.

concernedperson
06-08-2006, 11:30 AM
If I had to bet a dollar, my guess is they got fingerprints off the DL that was found. I know they keep saying DNA but I would think we would have heard by now...?

Notice my wager is only a dollar.

I believe I read that the DNA was off the bikini top she was strangled with.....probably saliva.

kato
06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Yep, locked doors don't stop a determined perp. Sounds like we need to send our kids to bootcamp and learn to defend themselves with deadly force just to survive in this sick world. This is all too much for me right now, My Daughter just moved to Phoenix to go to College and I am really creeped out by the reality of this crap. Last night she called and said she was locked outside her apt and sitting in the rain waiting for a friend to come and help her. I am besides myself with worry about her....she really has her head up her butt and thinks nothing can happen to her.

Just remind her of all the sick things we see and read here and maybe she'll take her head out. All the best for her.

mocity
06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I thought the DNA was matched after they determined that she was raped. I thought it was from the rape???

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I heard that there was 'all sorts of DNA' found in the apartment. Tiffany's mother said that her daughter fiercely fought for her life.One of the shows mentioned that when he was arrested, he still had some of the wounds that Tiffany had inflicted. I only wish that she had been successful and that this world would still have her.

LaMer
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I saw portions of Greta last night and heard this, too. It reminded me of that Duncan guy who drove around and spotted the Groene children playing in a sprinkler.

I wonder if Inman had entered Tiffany's apartment just to rape and not murder her. Perhaps, he was angered because she fought back. The woman in Alabama talked him out of raping her (according to last night's Greta).

It is so sad that a woman had to be murdered to get this guy off of the streets. Surely, he left DNA in the other two cases. It seems to me that if the police had been quicker in following up with those cases, perhaps, a life could have been saved.

Maybe, that's being unrealistic. I believe that the Alabama attempted rape occurred just three (?) days prior to the murder. I don't know when the Tennessee rape occurred.

Nanandjim, and all, I had the impression from something Tiffany's mother had said, that this sickos was going to be exposed from something Tiffany had done. It made me think, Tiffany had fought back and somehow someway LE had a good source of his DNA--which they did.

I agree, this guy should've been stopped. Did LE have the other women look at mug shots of the sex offenders? I thought the one lady recognized him from his picture in the media. Right?

He did move around from state to state. Maybe his construction job near Tiffany's place was a site where workers were hired day to day. Somewhere it was said, he lived out of this car. I guess that is when he wasn't living with his mother.

Also, I think it was in the media, TIffany was on the computer until 12:03.

Yeah, how did this rapist/murderer get in the apt? Also wondering since Tiffany had a balcony, maybe she didn't lock the door, being on the second floor. Also thought she had a ground apt, but the word balcony was used.

No doubt she probably fought back so hard, he killed her to shut her up.

Hope we get some answers. soon

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 12:03 PM
...Did LE have the other women look at mug shots of the sex offenders? I thought the one lady recognized him from his picture in the media. Right?
I think that it would hard to track down the perp from using mugshots, especially from an out-of-state offender. Supposedly, a friend of the Alabama victim, recognized the guy from the victim's description. She called the victim and told her to turn on her television. The victim recognized him from photos on television.

...Maybe his construction job near Tiffany's place was a site where workers were hired day to day...
A representative said that Inman did not work at the construction site near Tiffany's apartment complex. He also said that background checks are done on all the construction workers before they are hired.

...Also wondering since Tiffany had a balcony, maybe she didn't lock the door, being on the second floor. Also thought she had a ground apt, but the word balcony was used.
The balcony comment confused me. It is my understanding that she had a unit in the back sort of below the first floor. You know, the type that you walk down to on a slant (if that makes sense). Maybe, he saw her sunning herself on a little back patio or something. I'm not sure how he would see her while he was cruising in his car as her unit was supposed to be in the back.

LaMer
06-08-2006, 12:05 PM

Oh my, I do understand, as I have two daughters. They made it through college and all, but now that they are married, I still worry. That worry never goes away. Now I also worry about my granddaughters. There is no end to the worry, it just goes on and on. Worry Worry Worry

Keep telling her all the horrible things we read about here. I tell my daughters, but they think I am nuts, obsessed LOL guess it has to come with age and maturity. Maybe we were the same at that age, heads up our butts-so old now I can't remember! ha ha

LaMer
06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I think that it would hard to track down the perp from using mugshots, especially from an out-of-state offender. Supposedly, a friend of the Alabama victim, recognized the guy from the victim's description. She called the victim and told her to turn on her television. The victim recognized him from photos on television.

A representative said that Inman did not work at the construction site near Tiffany's apartment complex. He also said that background checks are done on all the construction workers before they are hired.

The balcony comment confused me. It is my understanding that she had a unit in the back sort of below the first floor. You know, the type that you walk down to on a slant (if that makes sense). Maybe, he saw her sunning herself on a little back patio or something. I'm not sure how he would see her while he was cruising in his car as her unit was supposed to be in the back.

I guess, I pictured a book of all the sex offenderd, regardless of the state. Hmm that book would be as tall as the Empire State building :waitasec:

Thanks Nan, I didn't know he didn't work near by, so much for the reporting. Must have been some theorizing by some reporter.

Right, being in the back and on the first floor is confusing. Could have been a patio. Maybe he looks for apts in the back of complexes, as it would 'nt be in plain site to be observed when breaking and entering. Sneaky and Creepy Perverts know all the tricks, I supose.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Police: Sex offender confesses to killing Clemson student | GoUpstate.com | Spartanburg, S.C. (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060608/NEWS/60608006/1051/NEWS01)

As investigators questioned him ... Jerry Buck Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina) kept looking down, calling himself an "animal...

Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina), 35, traveled around the Southeast looking for victims to sexually assault, Jefferson County Sheriff David Davenport said.

Authorities said the crimes got progressively more violent ...

The magistrate did not set bond for Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina), who was being held in solitary confinement.

Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina) has also been charged with burglary, robbery, theft of property and attempted rape in an incident three days before Souers was found where authorities said he broke into a home in Rainsville, Ala., and tried to attack a woman after she came home for lunch. Davenport said he expects Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina) will also be charged with a May 24 rape in Sevierville, Tenn.

Davenport said the victims identified Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina) from his tattoos...

Inman (http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=wiki&text=Inman%2C_South_Carolina)'s lawyer said his client's first concern was the welfare of his mother. He wanted to make sure she knew he hadn't been mistreated and that he was keeping his spirits up...

(more at link)

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Inman Confesses; Souers' Killer Could Face Death By Lethal Injection, Electrocution - The Crime library (http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0606/0801_inman_confesses_to_souers_killing1.html)

... "The next step for us is to determine whether this is a death penalty case," a spokeswoman for 13th Circuit Solicitor Bob Ariail told Crime Library this morning. "There is no urgency; the man is in jail and he's never going anywhere so the urgency is off..."

Though authorities in South Carolina declined Thursday to discuss the details of his confession, The Associated Press reported that Inman ... had a habit of driving around looking for potential victims. Authorities have said that Inman hadn't even realized that he had crossed into South Carolina — where he was not on any sex offender's registry — where Souers was slain...

LNL
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
On one of the shows last night, maybe Greta, I heard her father say that he thought the creep probably entered through an unlocked slider.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
KnoxNews: National (http://news:%20National/)

The ex-convict accused of killing Clemson University student Tiffany Souers would probably still be in prison if newer laws were in effect in the late 1980s, authorities say...

Inman's Florida conviction occurred before a 1995 Florida law that required all felony inmates to serve at least 85 percent of their sentences...

"In the '80s, criminals served only about half of their sentences," Cox said. "The Florida legislators saw the error of their ways and tightened up those laws. Sentences now are a lot heavier."

Criminals now serve more time on average, and for some offenses they must serve the sentences "day for day," Cox said...

Concurrent sentences are very common, especially since the tougher laws have been enacted, said South Carolina 10th Circuit Judge J. Cordell Maddox.

"Since judges know that criminals will serve most of the sentence anyway, more of them lean toward making the sentences concurrent," Maddox said.

richandfamous
06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Oh my, I do understand, as I have two daughters. They made it through college and all, but now that they are married, I still worry. That worry never goes away. Now I also worry about my granddaughters. There is no end to the worry, it just goes on and on. Worry Worry Worry

Keep telling her all the horrible things we read about here. I tell my daughters, but they think I am nuts, obsessed LOL guess it has to come with age and maturity. Maybe we were the same at that age, heads up our butts-so old now I can't remember! ha ha

I do tell her, but she has her head up her butt and can't hear me. Like your daughters, she thinks I'm nuts, obsessed, etc. I would rather believe I am nuts and it's really not that dangerous. but there have been just to many girls/women murdered lately to accept that premise.
And look at Tiffany, she wasn't even like the girls that exibit risky behavior and put themselves in harms way.
OMG, ok, I will go back to worry in silence. thx

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:39 PM
He did move around from state to state. Maybe his construction job near Tiffany's place was a site where workers were hired day to day. Somewhere it was said, he lived out of this car. I guess that is when he wasn't living with his mother.

Also, I think it was in the media, TIffany was on the computer until 12:03.I can't seem to figure out if he lived in his car or not and also if Tiffany was asleep or if she wasn't. This article sounds a bit more definitive:

National Ledger - Sex Offender Jerry Buck Inman Confesses to Killing Tiffany Souers (http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27266275.shtml)

... The sheriff says it appears Inman was living out of his vehicle and may not have even realized he was the focus of a nationwide manhunt...

"He did say when he saw one particular one, he waited until she went to sleep," he said of the attack on Souers. "He thought she was asleep and that's when he entered the apartment.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:43 PM
The Sun News | 06/08/2006 | Police: Man confesses to killing Clemson student (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/local/14767568.htm)

... McCoig said authorities continued to receive information on cases that might be linked to Inman. McCoig said authorities are investigating each case but have made no further connections...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays10.com (http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=32981)

... He served only a portion of his sentence and was released due to prison overcrowding issues...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Anderson Independent Mail: News (http://www.independentmail.com/and/news/article/0,1886,AND_8203_4758139,00.html)

... Chief Stewart said he couldn't comment on where the DNA was gathered at the crime scene.

"Generally, evidence is brought in from a crime scene or from a victim," he said.

"That evidence is reviewed for any substance from which you can get DNA." He said things that could be gathered are body fluids, hair or saliva...

LaMer
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I can't seem to figure out if he lived in his car or not and also if Tiffany was asleep or if she wasn't. This article sounds a bit more definitive:

National Ledger - Sex Offender Jerry Buck Inman Confesses to Killing Tiffany Souers (http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27266275.shtml)

... The sheriff says it appears Inman was living out of his vehicle and may not have even realized he was the focus of a nationwide manhunt...

"He did say when he saw one particular one, he waited until she went to sleep," he said of the attack on Souers. "He thought she was asleep and that's when he entered the apartment.

JerseyGirl, thank you for all the links. :) I am going to read all the articles on work breaks today. Thanks you make life easier :)

Maybe he just thought she was asleep. I remember Tiffany's mother saying when she had talked to her that day, Tiffany had rented three movies, and she was going to be watching them that night. Tiffany was probably relaxing, maybe in the dark, watching one of the movies she had rented when this scumbag :behindbar entered.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:57 PM
FOX Carolina The Ten O'Clock News Detectives say They Are Tracking Jerry Inman's Crime Spree (http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=5002426&nav=menu149_2)

... The woman in Sevierville says the rapist attacked her in her bedroom. She describes him as a man with a bald head, about 5'7 and says he smelled like a smoker. Some people say the description fits Inman's profile.

They haven't charged him in that case, but investigators say they are pretty sure about an attempted rape in DeKalb County Alabama. Beth Bates says she came face to face with Inman."He rubbed me on the back and said I'm sorry. Even when he locked me in the closet he said I"m sorry," said Bates. Investigators in DeKalb started looking into an attempted rape case on May 23. A woman says Jerry Inman made a hole in her floor from under her house to get in. "I said don't hurt me, because I have a daughter and he said I know so that made me feel like that he was watching me the whole time," commented Bates.

She says he then put a knife to her throat and tried to rape her...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 12:59 PM
JerseyGirl, thank you for all the links. :) I am going to read all the articles on work breaks today. Thanks you make life easier :)You're very welcome. I was actually worried that it might be getting annoying. lol. But I keep finding little tid-bits that I hadn't seen before.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
SitNews - Suspect confesses to student killing, authorities say (http://www.sitnews.us/0606news/060706/060706_shns_clemson2.html)

Jefferson County Sheriff Department Chief Deputy G.W. "Bud" McCoig ... "I knew him. He had to report with me," McCoig said. "He has such a violent past I'm not at all surprised he did this..."

Pickens County law enforcement officers started applauding as Inman climbed out of the vehicle and was walked into the law enforcement center for his arraignment on murder charges...

christine2448
06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Another report on confession at CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/08/clemson.suspect.ap/index.html

Cops: Bikini slaying suspect confessed

Jerry Buck Inman called himself 'a sick animal,' police say

concernedperson
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
I guess, I pictured a book of all the sex offenderd, regardless of the state. Hmm that book would be as tall as the Empire State building :waitasec:

Thanks Nan, I didn't know he didn't work near by, so much for the reporting. Must have been some theorizing by some reporter.

Right, being in the back and on the first floor is confusing. Could have been a patio. Maybe he looks for apts in the back of complexes, as it would 'nt be in plain site to be observed when breaking and entering. Sneaky and Creepy Perverts know all the tricks, I supose.

Speaking of creepy, read this account of the attack on the Rainsville woman.
http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=5003085&nav=0hBE

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 01:25 PM
What a lucky woman. I can well imagine how traumatized this young lady is, especially to think that she had come that close to rape and death herself.

indigomood
06-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you concernedperson for the link...
I watched the video link on that page as well, and, it was sooo creepy to see the crawl space through which Inman entered the home and the hole he cut through the floorboards.

That young lady is very courageous to have maintained her composure and certainly lucky to be alive! May God bless her.

opme
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
What a lucky woman. I can well imagine how traumatized this young lady is, especially to think that she had come that close to rape and death herself.
I think Unfortunately in Tiffany's case she must have fought him as previously stated in another posters comments. I think her Mom commented that Tiffany would fight for her life if needed.. that may just have cost her her life in this case... I beleive the woman mentioned in this attack in Atlanta mentioned how hard it was to not fight him..and that it mayhave saved her life. I also think this guy was escalating the attacks and the violence associated with each attack.. so incredibly sad that such a bright wonderful girl had to suffer and lose her life at the hands of this animal ..who should never have been out to begin with!

jubie
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't think he planned on killing her because he didn't take anything with him to strangle her, he used her own bikini top. So sad.

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I think Unfortunately in Tiffany's case she must have fought him as previously stated in another posters comments.
I theorized that in one of my posts. I'm afraid that I would also be dead because I would fight to the end. I just wouldn't take a chance of letting this guy tie me up. Then, you are completely defenseless. I don't care if he told me to cooperate and he wouldn't hurt me. Sorry, but I don't think that those assurances would be comforting to me.

opme
06-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I theorized that in one of my posts. I'm afraid that I would also be dead because I would fight to the end. I just wouldn't take a chance of letting this guy tie me up. Then, you are completely defenseless. I don't care if he told me to cooperate and he wouldn't hurt me. Sorry, but I don't think that those assurances would be comforting to me.
I would as well.. no way would I sit quietly and allow this creep to have any control if possible.. having read the cases on this board like Imette St Guillen, I would be far more fearful of what would happen if I was tied up...I would rather go down fighting. its far more likely to be so much worse when they have complete control and I just dont think that many of these guys will just let you go at the end especially if you can identify them.

Dark Knight
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays10.com (http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=32981)

... He served only a portion of his sentence and was released due to prison overcrowding issues...
In the past, every time Rebublicans have tried to fund expansion of prisons, Democrats have blocked it, saying that's not the answer, the answer is lowering the crime rate. Never mind the fact the population is growing rapidly overall. They need to hunker down and do what they have to do to expand our jails and prisons, as they are all overcrowded, by far.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 05:25 PM
In the past, every time Rebublicans have tried to fund expansion of prisons, Democrats have blocked it, saying that's not the answer, the answer is lowering the crime rate. Never mind the fact the population is growing rapidly overall. They need to hunker down and do what they have to do to expand our jails and prisons, as they are all overcrowded, by far.I am a solid Democrat and I fully support tax increases to expand the prisons.

nanandjim
06-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I am a solid Democrat and I fully support tax increases to expand the prisons.
One down, 150,000,000 to go. ;)

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't think he planned on killing her because he didn't take anything with him to strangle her, he used her own bikini top. So sad.I believe this as well, jubie.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 05:28 PM
LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

One down, 150,000,000 to go. ;)
It's not quite that bad. Many of my Democratic friends feel the same way. I think that most people are getting sick of the criminal activity in this country, Democrats and Republicans alike.

concernedperson
06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
States need to carry out the death penalty in a shorter period of time and then that would help a lot with over crowding. Making room for all and saving the taxpayers a chunk of change. JMO.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-08-2006, 05:37 PM
What blows my mind is that the prison was in a situation where they had to release prisoners due to overcrowding, and they chose this maniac as one of those to be released??? That to me is simply astounding. Who were his prison mates? Ted Bundy? Jeffrey Dahmer? I can't imagine that Inman was the least dangerous of the bunch.

mocity
06-08-2006, 05:39 PM
It says he "thought" she was asleep. It makes it sound as if he thought she would be asleep but she wasn't.

PrayersForMaura
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
KnoxNews: National (http://news:%20National/)

The ex-convict accused of killing Clemson University student Tiffany Souers would probably still be in prison if newer laws were in effect in the late 1980s, authorities say...

Inman's Florida conviction occurred before a 1995 Florida law that required all felony inmates to serve at least 85 percent of their sentences...

"In the '80s, criminals served only about half of their sentences," Cox said. "The Florida legislators saw the error of their ways and tightened up those laws. Sentences now are a lot heavier."

Criminals now serve more time on average, and for some offenses they must serve the sentences "day for day," Cox said...

Concurrent sentences are very common, especially since the tougher laws have been enacted, said South Carolina 10th Circuit Judge J. Cordell Maddox.

"Since judges know that criminals will serve most of the sentence anyway, more of them lean toward making the sentences concurrent," Maddox said.

Now this ticks me off!! What is the point of a prison sentence if people don't have to serve the entire sentence?
I could maybe excuse someone from serving a full term if they had stole money from a candy store but didn't hurt anyone. But these kinds of perpetrators should have ALWAYS had to serve a full term.
Who makes these laws?
The court system stinks!!

PrayersForMaura
06-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Anderson Independent Mail: News (http://www.independentmail.com/and/news/article/0,1886,AND_8203_4758139,00.html)

... Chief Stewart said he couldn't comment on where the DNA was gathered at the crime scene.

"Generally, evidence is brought in from a crime scene or from a victim," he said.

"That evidence is reviewed for any substance from which you can get DNA." He said things that could be gathered are body fluids, hair or saliva...

Well ... since the ugly turd doesn't really have any hair, it must be one of the other two. I'm banking on body fluids from left on Tiffany :(
Poor Tiffany. This guy disgusts me and his evil look makes me physically ill.

PrayersForMaura
06-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Thank you concernedperson for the link...
I watched the video link on that page as well, and, it was sooo creepy to see the crawl space through which Inman entered the home and the hole he cut through the floorboards.

That young lady is very courageous to have maintained her composure and certainly lucky to be alive! May God bless her.
I know!! Can you imagine? I am happy to not live in an apartment any more and to have a security system, but if someone cuts a hole in your house, your security system doesn't have a chance. How did this guy get access to cut a hole through her floorboards?? This is VERY VERY creepy!

Dark Knight
06-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Well ... since the ugly turd doesn't really have any hair, it must be one of the other two. I'm banking on body fluids from left on Tiffany :(
Poor Tiffany. This guy disgusts me and his evil look makes me physically ill.
There's body hair.

PrayersForMaura
06-08-2006, 07:01 PM
There's body hair.
you're right. Yick. I don't even want to think about that. That guy is so nasty, evil, sickening, gross... :sick:

michelle
06-08-2006, 07:03 PM
you're right. Yick. I don't even want to think about that. That guy is so nasty, evil, sickening, gross... :sick:This guy is creepy, he is seriously the ugliest most evil thing I have ever seen. I cant imagine what that poor girl went through. God I hope in his Mercy let her go fast!:(

Jeana (DP)
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
He deserves to be executed and soon. I can't believe the first thing he did was ask about his mother and express concern for her health! Maybe she wouldn't have so many health problems if her son wasn't a murdering bastard! Tiffany cared about her mother too, but I guess that didn't matter.

PrayersForMaura
06-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I live somewhat near Tiffany's parents. I don't know them, though. She was definitely a role model from what everyone is saying here. This story was on the front page of our newspaper today with a big picture of the ugly, evil, poor excuse for a human.

Her brother is 16 and he speaks so articulately about her and this case. He's very concerned for his mother and her feelings and health. And this monster put her through that. He also is putting his mother through hell right now, you're right about that.

englishleigh
06-08-2006, 11:54 PM
I don't think he planned on killing her because he didn't take anything with him to strangle her, he used her own bikini top. So sad.

Agreed. I think as he was raping her she was fighting him like a wildcat and he grabbed her bikini top and strangled her. He may have intended just to render her unconscious but not kill her, however, dead is dead, and he is toast in SC.

Poor, sweet Tiffany. :(

Bobbisangel
06-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I can't seem to figure out if he lived in his car or not and also if Tiffany was asleep or if she wasn't. This article sounds a bit more definitive:

I heard on the news that Inman was not aware that his picture was being shown all over TV. He said if he had known that he would have been gone.

LaMer
06-09-2006, 01:31 AM
You're very welcome. I was actually worried that it might be getting annoying. lol. But I keep finding little tid-bits that I hadn't seen before.

JerseyGirl~Not annoying at all! Very much appreciated from here and I'm sure from others too :blowkiss:

I was in and out of here today, but with hardly a minute to spare. I read all the articles. :)

Nanandjim~ reading about the pervert/rapist/murdered coming up through the floor really creeped me out! So what good is a security system? Who would have thunk it? I've been looking around here all day-at the floor! Makes me shudder! :banghead: He must have spent his 17 years in jail thinking up that one :behindbar I'll bet LE found bags of his tricks/tools in his mobilecarhome! :behindbar Well he is toast now, good to get another off the streets! (one who should have still been behind bars) Go to :behindbar you $astard!

Maura~Thanks for letting us know about Tiffany's brother. I too am worried for her Mom. She has been so strong through her interviews, I fear she is in denial. I know I couldn't be as strong as she appeared. God Bless her and help her, God Bless the entire family, it's going to be a long long sorrowful road ahead.

May Tiffany rest in PEACE :angel:

SewingDeb
06-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I know!! Can you imagine? I am happy to not live in an apartment any more and to have a security system, but if someone cuts a hole in your house, your security system doesn't have a chance. How did this guy get access to cut a hole through her floorboards?? This is VERY VERY creepy!

Many houses have a small door on the outside leading to the crawl space. It would be very easy to get in since most that I have seen are not locked.

Makes me glad I don't have a crawl space in this house.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
AP Wire | 06/09/2006 | Alabama victim: Inman apologized during home invasion ordeal (http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/14782798.htm)

... Bates said she came home from work from around lunchtime on May 23 and was doing a few chores when a man suddenly came up behind her and put a knife to her throat. Bates said he told her she wouldn't be hurt if she stayed calm.

"I tried to do that but it's harder than it sounds," said Bates, whose 7-year-old daughter was in school for the final day of class...

"He would tell me everything he was going to do before he did it. When he was tying my hands, he asked me if he was hurting me. He was very apologetic. He seemed to have some control over what he was doing, but seemed sincere in apologizing," Bates said.

Bates said the man took her into the bedroom and told her to lie down on the bed. As she prayed, he unfastened her pants. Then he stopped.

"I think God just intervened at that point. I was terrified. But (Inman) just kept telling me that if I listened to him and did what he said then he wouldn't hurt me. You wouldn't think you would trust somebody like that but I really didn't have a choice. I just put my faith in God," Bates said...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
AP Wire | 06/09/2006 | Some recall serial rape suspect as 'sweet' boy, others as 'evil' (http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/14782705.htm)

To the few who remember him in this small lakeside community, Jerry Inman will always be "Bucky," a "regular rambunctious boy ... a real sweet little guy" from 20 years ago.
But authorities who arrested him ... have a different view.

"I don't think he is bad, I think he is evil," said Sheriff David Davenport, whose deputies elicited a confession from the heavily tattooed Inman in the hours after his surrender in a church parking lot near his parents' home........

Nine months before, Inman was a free man for the first time in his adult life, after spending the past 18 years in prisons in North Carolina and then Florida for homosexual and heterosexual rapes committed in those states as a teenager.......

"I have known the family for 20 or 25 years and they are some of the best people I know," said lifelong resident Kathleen James, 68. They belonged to the same church, Swansylvania Baptist Church, and became instant friends when they helped her cope with her mother's death.

Jerry Buck Inman "attended our church and was in our youth group," she said. "And he was just a regular rambunctious boy, like all the rest of them. He was a real sweet little guy......."

But earlier in the week Hensley told WATE-TV that Inman seemed "frustrated with his life. I think he had some dreams and had some goals and had some aspirations, and he didn't know exactly how to get there."

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-09-2006, 06:21 PM
WLTX News 19 Clemson Murder Suspect Moved to Lee County (http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.aspx?storyid=38675)

... Friday, officers with the state corrections department transported 35-year-old Jerry Inman from the Pickens County Jail to the Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville. Authorities say the jail is overcrowded and it was a strain on resources to keep Inman there. Inman also is considered an assault and escape risk, so local officials asked that he be sent to a more secure facility...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
FOXNews.com - Souers' Family: Accused Bikini Slayer Should Have Been in Prison - Crime (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198873,00.html)

... Ever since he was released from prison in September, police said he has confessed to hunting for women to attack...

panthera
06-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Agreed. I think as he was raping her she was fighting him like a wildcat and he grabbed her bikini top and strangled her. He may have intended just to render her unconscious but not kill her, however, dead is dead, and he is toast in SC.

Poor, sweet Tiffany. :(One of the news articles said he didn't intend to kill her, but he knew she was dead when he left her apartment. It really must have disturbed him so much that all he could think of was trying to get Tiffany's money out of two bank ATM machines. :mad:

Bobbisangel
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
One of the news articles said he didn't intend to kill her, but he knew she was dead when he left her apartment. It really must have disturbed him so much that all he could think of was trying to get Tiffany's money out of two bank ATM machines. :mad:

It disturbed him so much that when LE caught up with him he was out riding around looking for his next victim. If he didn't intend to kill her maybe he shouldn't have then :furious: From what has been said the violence had gotten worse with each attack.

englishleigh
06-10-2006, 12:00 AM
One of the news articles said he didn't intend to kill her, but he knew she was dead when he left her apartment. It really must have disturbed him so much that all he could think of was trying to get Tiffany's money out of two bank ATM machines. :mad:

I have just skimmed the latest articles, so I didn't catch that he said he didn't mean to. Yeah, right. I don't believe he didn't mean to for a second. :furious:

Bobbisangel
06-10-2006, 12:05 AM
It sounds like Tiffany's father might be struggling with the thoughts that would haunt all of us. I hope that they can somehow get through this.

WREG-TV Memphis - Bikini Murder Suspect Captured in East Tennessee (http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=4998271)

... "How he destroyed an almost and most perfect life, he destroyed the life and for what? You know to destroy it and how long did it take, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, I mean really," said Jim Souer, Tiffany's father...

I believe that parents are so torn over wanting to know exactly what happened and how long it took and not wanting to know anything because that is what will remain in your head. One of the witnesses to my daughter's murder told me what she saw. We happened to meet at my daughter's place of work and she just told me. Part of me wanted to know and part of me didn't. I think that we feel that if we don't know our imaginations will just run wild but if we know then we can never get that picture out of our minds. Part of us wants to know how much or how little our child suffered but once you know you wish that you didn't know. It's a battle of the mind. I think one of the worst parts is knowing that your child knew he/she was going to die.
You can't help but think of the terror that they must have felt. It really is horrible.

My heart goes out to Tiffiney's parents and every other parent who has to go through this. The grief of losing your child is nightmare enough but everything else involved just makes it worse and it is something that you can never truly erase from your mind. No one likes to know about or see their child in pain...like when they are little. Knowing that your child suffered horribly and you weren't there to stop it is hard.

Bobbisangel
06-10-2006, 12:54 AM
AP Wire | 06/09/2006 | Some recall serial rape suspect as 'sweet' boy, others as 'evil' (http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/14782705.htm)

To the few who remember him in this small lakeside community, Jerry Inman will always be "Bucky," a "regular rambunctious boy ... a real sweet little guy" from 20 years ago.
But authorities who arrested him ... have a different view.

"I don't think he is bad, I think he is evil," said Sheriff David Davenport, whose deputies elicited a confession from the heavily tattooed Inman in the hours after his surrender in a church parking lot near his parents' home........

Nine months before, Inman was a free man for the first time in his adult life, after spending the past 18 years in prisons in North Carolina and then Florida for homosexual and heterosexual rapes committed in those states as a teenager.......

"I have known the family for 20 or 25 years and they are some of the best people I know," said lifelong resident Kathleen James, 68. They belonged to the same church, Swansylvania Baptist Church, and became instant friends when they helped her cope with her mother's death.

Jerry Buck Inman "attended our church and was in our youth group," she said. "And he was just a regular rambunctious boy, like all the rest of them. He was a real sweet little guy......."

But earlier in the week Hensley told WATE-TV that Inman seemed "frustrated with his life. I think he had some dreams and had some goals and had some aspirations, and he didn't know exactly how to get there."

I wondered if he didn't have a church background. I find it interesting that when Beth started talking to him about the Lord that he stopped. It must have touched something deep within him for the moment anyway. I honestly believe that her talking to him about the Lord and her constant prayers kept him from hurting/raping her. I just can't see any other reason why he just stopped. I know that miracles still do happen but I wish that we would see more of them.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-10-2006, 09:35 AM
I wondered if he didn't have a church background. I find it interesting that when Beth started talking to him about the Lord that he stopped. It must have touched something deep within him for the moment anyway. I honestly believe that her talking to him about the Lord and her constant prayers kept him from hurting/raping her. I just can't see any other reason why he just stopped.I completely agree with all of this. And I still do believe that he didn't intend to kill her that night. I think that she did what most of us would do, myself included - she probably fought him like hell, and he tried to quiet her. I realize that LE said that he got more violent with each attack but they're talking about the 3 recent attacks. One of them resulted in no rape because the victim spoke of God, and one resulted in murder. It's not hard to find a progressively more violent situation across only 3 cases when 2 of them ended up like they did. About the ATM, maybe he was hoping to get some money to flee further away. And about looking for more victims, I don't think that he can control it. But I do believe that he's the type to feel remorse. In other words, he's an animal but not a sociopathic one from what I've seen and read. I think that he does have emotions but that when he gets that urge, he cannot control it.

Regardless of everything else, I hope that he is punished appropriately this time for the pain that he's caused this family and for taking that wonderful human being from this world.

nanandjim
06-10-2006, 09:47 AM
...I still do believe that he didn't intend to kill her that night. I think that she did what most of us would do, myself included - she probably fought him like hell, and he tried to quiet her...
I don't think that he was merely trying to quiet her. I think that she enraged him by fighting back the way that she did, and he showed her who was boss by strangling the life out of her.

He could have knocked her down or out and run, but he decided it was more important to kill her. I hope that he gets the death penalty because that's what he deserves.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't think that he was merely trying to quiet her. I think that she enraged him by fighting back the way that she did, and he showed her who was boss by strangling the life out of her.

He could have knocked her down or out and run, but he decided it was more important to kill her. I hope that he gets the death penalty because that's what he deserves.Although I don't necessarily agree about why this happened, I do agree that he deserves the death penalty.

LaMer
06-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I wondered if he didn't have a church background. I find it interesting that when Beth started talking to him about the Lord that he stopped. It must have touched something deep within him for the moment anyway. I honestly believe that her talking to him about the Lord and her constant prayers kept him from hurting/raping her. I just can't see any other reason why he just stopped. I know that miracles still do happen but I wish that we would see more of them.

I don't believe for one minute this piece of $hit was touched by Beth talking to him about the Lord. He probably was so excited in his hunt and attack, he pre-ejaculated and was unable to rape her. jmo

dottierainbow
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Actually, I believe as she was praying, he may of thought of his mom who was a praying woman.

Amy

PrayersForMaura
06-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I completely agree with all of this. And I still do believe that he didn't intend to kill her that night. I think that she did what most of us would do, myself included - she probably fought him like hell, and he tried to quiet her. I realize that LE said that he got more violent with each attack but they're talking about the 3 recent attacks. One of them resulted in no rape because the victim spoke of God, and one resulted in murder. It's not hard to find a progressively more violent situation across only 3 cases when 2 of them ended up like they did. About the ATM, maybe he was hoping to get some money to flee further away. And about looking for more victims, I don't think that he can control it. But I do believe that he's the type to feel remorse. In other words, he's an animal but not a sociopathic one from what I've seen and read. I think that he does have emotions but that when he gets that urge, he cannot control it.

Regardless of everything else, I hope that he is punished appropriately this time for the pain that he's caused this family and for taking that wonderful human being from this world.
I agree with you.

PrayersForMaura
06-10-2006, 11:36 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D966048DFD8EB73C8625718900167BF5?OpenDocument

The investigator, Rhonda Jackson, said certain details of the case were similar to the rape in Sevierville.

Inman denied the Henagar rape and said he was "tired of talking," Jackson said.

"He said, 'I've already admitted to three crimes, and that's all I've done,'" Jackson said.

Jackson said she was also investigating whether Inman could be responsible for other crimes in Alabama. She noted that his Chevrolet Camaro was found burned Feb. 28 off a county road about 45 miles northeast of Birmingham.

Inman told authorities then that he had been driving to Louisiana to seek construction work when his car caught fire, and that he hitchhiked home. Jackson noted that his car was found off a county road, not an interstate, which she said suggested he was not just passing through.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D966048DFD8EB73C8625718900167BF5?OpenDocument
thats ALL hes done?! IS that not enough? That peice of crap, not ONE bone in my body believes that he didnt go in there ready to kill if he had to!

concernedperson
06-10-2006, 06:17 PM
The burned car on a country road in Alabama is interesting too.I feel he was scouting his victims then or he had one and burned the car to hide evidence.In any case they all escalate it is just we aren't privy to their time frame until it turns into murder.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-12-2006, 08:56 AM
The burned car on a country road in Alabama is interesting too.I feel he was scouting his victims then or he had one and burned the car to hide evidence.That's what worries me.

The article also mentions definitively that Inman entered the apartment through an unlocked door.

panthera
06-15-2006, 12:36 AM
I wondered if he didn't have a church background. I find it interesting that when Beth started talking to him about the Lord that he stopped. It must have touched something deep within him for the moment anyway. I honestly believe that her talking to him about the Lord and her constant prayers kept him from hurting/raping her. I just can't see any other reason why he just stopped. I know that miracles still do happen but I wish that we would see more of them.I've been away a few days and just saw this post. I absolutely agree with you. I saw Beth on tv several times now. It does seem that her speaking of God's love did touch him at the moment. Her story reminded me of how Ashley Smith handled her situation when Brian Nicholls forced himself into her apartment the night after the Atlanta courthouse shooting.

chicoliving
09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Pretrial motions were to be argued Friday in the case of a convicted sex offender charged in the slaying of a 20-year-old Clemson University student who was strangled with a bikini top.

Jerry Buck Inman, 36, faces kidnapping, rape and murder charges in the death of Tiffany Marie Souers.

Souers, an engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was found inside her off-campus apartment May 26, 2006. Police said a bikini top used to choke her was still around her neck.

Inman's attorney, Symmes Culbertson, said Wednesday that pretrial motions would be considered but would not provide details. A spokeswoman for prosecutor Bob Ariail also confirmed motions would be heard Friday.

Ariail has said he intends to seek the death penalty for Inman.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296558,00.html

joe jones
03-18-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.pickenssentinel.com/articles/2008/03/06/news/01-inman%2003-05.txt

September trial date

chicoliving
08-19-2008, 05:26 PM
A convicted sex offender has admitted he strangled a 20-year-old South Carolina college student, leaving her body in her off-campus apartment with her bikini top still wrapped around her neck.

Jerry Buck Inman pleaded guilty Tuesday to kidnapping, raping and murdering Tiffany Marie Souers. The 37-year-old Inman could face the death penalty.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406462,00.html

joe jones
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/08/student.killed.ap/index.html

judge to decide penalty

Bobbisangel
09-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Sounds like the defense attorney is using reverse psychology on the judge?
Inman feels so guilty over this murder that he would rather die then spend the rest of his life in prison. He suffers daily he feels so bad!!! My words but same thing his attorney stated. What a crock!

I wonder if he felt this same guilt over the many rapes he committed?? I wouldn't think so as he just kept raping women. Sounds like those women could identify him because they testified in court. So his excuse for killing this young girl doesn't hold any water as far as I'm concerned. So she could have identified him....she would have just been one of many.

I hope he does get the death penalty and has to sit in a tiny cell for 20 years. That means they also get LWOP too along with the death penalty.

joe jones
09-09-2008, 09:49 AM
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/sep/08/live-blog-jerry-buck-inman-sentencing-hearing/

sentencing hearing still ongoing

joe jones
09-09-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/sep/09/live-blog-jerry-buck-inman-sentencing-hearing-day-/

more from the sentencing

joe jones
09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/inman_sentencing_to_begin_monday/8217/

from today

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks for all of the updates, Joe.

OriginalJerseyGirl
09-11-2008, 12:16 AM
http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/inman_sentencing_to_begin_monday/8217/

from today
This doesn't sound so bad. I'd settle for this if they don't give him death:

Inman would be under lockdown 23 hours and have one hour to recreate or shower alone. This is for his security, Dr. Aiken says, because they have to assume gangs are out to kill him. Aiken says it would be this way every day for the rest of Inman’s life.

SewingDeb
09-11-2008, 09:03 AM
What's so different about this time in prison for him? He's spent most of his adult life in prison...probably has friends there. Just send him on!

joe jones
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM

sentencing halted whilst they decide to sort out a witness refusing to testify

Tonia
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Sentencing to resume for man who killed SC student

As the third anniversary of Tiffany Souers' death approaches, sentencing for the man who confessed to raping and strangling the South Carolina college student in her off-campus apartment is set to resume Monday.
Inman served 18 years for rapes in North Carolina and Florida and is a registered sex offender in both states. He was free for about nine months before his arrest in Souers' death. He also faces charges in an attempted rape in Alabama and a rape in Tennessee that authorities have said occurred in the days leading up to Souers' death.

http://www.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/jerry_buck_inman_in_court_monday/16694/

Tonia
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Inman defense accuses solicitor of misconduct

Greenville attorney Jim Bannister filed a motion that Solicitor Bob Ariail be recused from the sentencing hearing of Jerry Buck Inman, who pleaded guilty to murdering and raping 20-year-old Tiffany Souers in May 2006.

Bannister also asked for a mistrial.

He made the motions, questioning the solicitor’s conduct toward defense witness Dr. Marti Loring, a sociologist originally slated to testify last September in the sentencing hearing on behalf of Inman.

However, the judge said there were no grounds to recuse Arial from the case.
After Loring’s testimony, Bannister called to the stand, John Mauldin, who testified to having a similar situation take place concerning the solicitor’s conduct during another death penalty sentencing.

When the hearing broke for lunch, Mauldin was still on the stand.

Since Inman pleaded guilty, Miller must decide if the Tennessee native gets the death penalty or life in prison.

http://www.pickenssentinel.com/pages/full_story?article-Inman%20defense%20accuses%20solicitor%20of%20misco nduct%20=&page_label=home_top_stories_news&id=2353199-Inman+defense+accuses+solicitor+of+misconduct&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead&open=&

Tonia
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
A judge has refused to stop the sentencing hearing for a Tennessee man who confessed to raping and strangling a South Carolina college student.

Circuit Judge Edward Miller on Tuesday refused a request for a mistrial by an attorney for Jerry Buck Inman.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Inman for the death of Tiffany Souers.

http://www.thesunnews.com/575/story/868910.html

Tonia
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Man gets death for raping, strangling SC student

A Tennessee man who raped and strangled a South Carolina college student with her own bikini top was sentenced to die Wednesday, hours after he asked a judge to put him to death.

Jerry Buck Inman, 38, showed no reaction when Circuit Court Judge Edward Miller said he should die for killing Tiffany Marie Souers. Inman then apologized to the slain woman's family, though no relatives were in the courtroom.
He asked Miller for the sentence, which is carried out with either lethal injection or the electric chair in South Carolina.

"I've shown by my actions both in and out of prison that I cannot be rehabilitated," Inman, 38, told the judge. "I don't say any of this to be disrespectful, but your honor, in all reality, there's really only one sentence appropriate for someone like me, and I ask you to impose that sentence."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iRbV2AsaLrOUoqct7w5i7czkiR0AD97NQ6U01

Tonia
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Jerry Inman was scheduled for execution, yesterday. Not finding anything to indicate he was executed. I wonder if an appeal was made.

panthera
07-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Jerry Inman was scheduled for execution, yesterday. Not finding anything to indicate he was executed. I wonder if an appeal was made.
The execution date is set by the judge at sentencing, but I've never heard of an execution taking place on that date. :behindbar MOO

panthera
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
No new trial for man who raped, killed SC student

COLUMBIA, S.C. The same judge who sentenced a Tennessee man to die for raping and strangling a South Carolina college student with her own bikini top has denied the convicted sex offender's request for a new trial, prosecutors said Thursday.

"With the denial of this motion, we are one step closer to having Mr. Inman's death sentence carried out," Solicitor Bob Ariail said in a news release. "And I can think of no one more deserving of that sentence than Jerry 'Buck' Inman."

much more at http://www.charlotteobserver.com/233/story/861642.html

JoeFromLB
03-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Inman's death sentence upheld by South Carolina Supreme Court

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/16405881/sc-justices-uphold-clemson-murder-death-sentence

No mention of an execution date, however.