PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany Marie Souers from Ladue slain in South Carolina - SUSPECT INMAN CAUGHT!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

cathieq
05-28-2006, 03:37 PM
"...On Friday, Tiffany Marie Souers was found murdered in her college apartment in South Carolina. She had been strangled, said Pickens County Coroner Dr. Jim Mahanes..."
http://tinyurl.com/nq2t6

Reminds me of the college student's murder in Arkansas.

concernedperson
05-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I heard about this briefly this morning before work.Two things strike me. Clemson is a small town with very friendly people. The kind of people who would open their doors to everyone. The general atmosphere is rural with college spirit, lemonade, homemade biscuits etc. Generally safe.

The fact that she did volunteer work with the under privileged in an area 20 minutes from where she lived is raising my meter. What if one of the under privileged is a sex offender that is unregistered in the area? We know how they slip under the radar. She may have met this person at the center and had an acknowledgement but not a full trust yet. She may have allowed them in to be social, cordial, accepting of their plight, etc. Just early speculation.

Hopefully more details will be provided shortly.

montana_16
05-28-2006, 08:39 PM
What a shame. She sounds like such a sweet, giving person. My heart goes out to all who knew her and loved her.

richandfamous
05-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I heard a news report saying that there is a "my space" stalker connection.

misterallgood
05-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I heard a news report saying that there is a "my space" stalker connection.Which may explain why she's impossible to find on there, but daggone near every other kid at Clemson seems to have one.

Thanks for that note. Interesting.

Steve

scandi
05-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi Steve, I just heard the spokesperson for the college on Fox. She said there was no forced entry. Then they discussed whether that really meant she knew the person and let him/her in, and they left it up in the air asw to whether this was really the case.

It could be since the town is small and friendly that lots of people don't lock their doors.

Scandi

ETA: I'm thinking she reminds me a lot of Taylor Behl.

concernedperson
05-30-2006, 06:48 AM
I heard a news report saying that there is a "my space" stalker connection.

I, too, heard a brief report on a possible connection but researching further, I can't find any other reference. Please if anyone hears,please post.

Most of the news articles speak about grief counseling for the students and going with their normal activities.I hope this one doesn't go cold. Seems people are talking this in stride or maybe I am misreading.

"The more people they clear, the more random it becomes",says neighbor.
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/0530strangle.html

Vet4Bush
05-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Here's an interesting link:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:X6MpUc9mE80J:www.blacktie-stlouis.com/premiere_events/details.cfm%3Fid%3D2148+tiffany+marie+souers&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=8&ie=UTF-8

Apparently, Veiled Prophet Organization is an organization that does good local service but has an interesting past:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:XTQIJEDEg8QJ:www.riverfronttimes.co m/issues/2000-06-28/stateofthearts.html+veiled+prophet+organization&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&ie=UTF-8

izzyB
05-30-2006, 08:35 PM
CC tonite had a brief segment about this crime. they are calling it the bikini murder b/c she was stangled with her bikini (top?). LE has taken her computer to investigate who she hung out with. very sad as she was a lovely young woman.

Beyond Belief
05-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Fox said it was just a murder, no mention of sexual assault. I wonder if she had been wearing the bikini. Maybe been to the pool. She may also have let someone in, thinking they were a repair person, or delivery person. I don't get the "murder only" unless the person got cold feet and left/or the murderer is a female.

concernedperson
05-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Fox said it was just a murder, no mention of sexual assault. I wonder if she had been wearing the bikini. Maybe been to the pool. She may also have let someone in, thinking they were a repair person, or delivery person. I don't get the "murder only" unless the person got cold feet and left/or the murderer is a female.

Got the answer to that. The ME was on Nancy Grace and said no...she was not wearing it but an opportunity for the murderer.She also was not wearing panties indicating but not explicit that she was molested. Still early.

Beyond Belief
05-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks, going to be same type motive as most of them then. Death needs to be swifter for these murderers. A positive dna match should be put them right in the room with the nasty needle within two weeks.

GRETA is covering this right now, if anyone wants to see it.

LvsAMystry
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
A tragedy. I also heard a blurb about a webpage taking down by LE but thought it said Facebook rather than MySpace. Could have heard wrong.

It was so strange when I first heard about this crime. I spent some time this weekend catching up on Tivo'd episodes of shows I like to watch, one of them being "Close to Home," which is on Friday nights. Anyhow, I watched an episode dealing with a young, blonde women strangled at night (the night before her wedding on the show) with a red teddy. Right after watching the episode I flipped to the news and they were talking about this crime with a picture of the victim and saying she'd been strangled. The victim and the actress in the show look so amazingly similar I was completely freaked out by it.

Bobbisangel
05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Tiffany and Imette remind me of each other. Both were really focused on their careers and seemed kind of driven. Tiffany was completing her classes in 4 years instead of 5 yrs. Both of these girls were very intelligent and liked by everyone around them. Neither seemed to have any doubts as to where their lives were headed and what they wanted in their futures.

Tiffany didn't seem to be having a problem with anyone. It doesn't sound like she had a boyfriend at the time either. I just wonder if it was someone who would have liked to be her boyfriend and he just dropped by her place. She knew him and let him in and things got ugly. Maybe someone that she had been nice to because it sounds like she was that type of a girl. Maybe he thought that she liked him when she was really just being her friendly self.

It's hard to tell what happend or why someone took this young girl's life but I hope the police are finding evidence and make an arrest soon. The town sounds like a town that people would want to raise their kids in. Murders just don't happen there. Someone must have also known that Tiffany's roommate had just moved out and that Tiffany stayed to go to summer school. I wonder if it was someone in her summer classes?

concernedperson
05-31-2006, 12:33 AM
I am just going to spout it off and if I wrong so be it.It is someone who is not a bonified serial yet. He is young. He has probably spent some time as a peeping tom. More than likely past molestations, maybe in juvie.His DNA will get him due to inexperience. At least, I hope so. Nip this now.

Also, look for behaviors that indicate animal abuse.

scandi
05-31-2006, 01:13 AM
Very good Concerned! I bet he also lives with his mother. I don't think he knew her but rather had been eyeballing her for a while to get her schedule down and simply knocked on her door and she answered.

I haven't heard of any signs of a struggle or physical fight, so I bet he gave her a quick slap to knock her out b . . . .

Oooh, you got me going Concerned!

Scandi :p

kato
05-31-2006, 08:13 AM
A tragedy. I also heard a blurb about a webpage taking down by LE but thought it said Facebook rather than MySpace. Could have heard wrong.

It was so strange when I first heard about this crime. I spent some time this weekend catching up on Tivo'd episodes of shows I like to watch, one of them being "Close to Home," which is on Friday nights. Anyhow, I watched an episode dealing with a young, blonde women strangled at night (the night before her wedding on the show) with a red teddy. Right after watching the episode I flipped to the news and they were talking about this crime with a picture of the victim and saying she'd been strangled. The victim and the actress in the show look so amazingly similar I was completely freaked out by it.

Her brother (on one of the news shows Sun.) said she had a myspace and another didn't get which, page. So, she had 2 sites on the web.

OhSal
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi All.....................

Have been following the case and may be going out on a limb here, but from what is known so far I think they should be looking for a female friend who just might have been playing the "choking game" that went too far. Am hoping the autopsy and forensic evidence may reveal more clues.

scandi
05-31-2006, 11:03 AM
I heard Dr Baden this morning, and was wrong in some of my comments.

He said her attacker did not come with a weapon to kill her as he used something he found in her apt, which he interpreted to say means she knew the perp.

The neighbors heard nothing because he strangled her and she could not scream for help. He said it could have been a sex crime as she was mostly nude, but it is too early to tell. They already know of course if semen was present but it will take time to get the DNA results back. And he believes it was a man as she was subdued so quickly and strangled.

Scandi

ETA: Forgot. There was no sign of a struggle and no marks on her body except for the strangulation marks on her neck.

BrendaStar
05-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Also wondering if this crime could have been committed by a female since there was no mention of sexual assault.

2luvmy
05-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Here Grandparents are from my town and they did a story in the newspaper today. Not much new info. She sounds like she was a such lovely gal.

cbcrime
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
If she had two webpages - chances are the second was facebook. Facebook is really popular with college students. And as with myspace - there is so much personal information posted at those sites.

chicoliving
05-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Got the answer to that. The ME was on Nancy Grace and said no...she was not wearing it but an opportunity for the murderer.She also was not wearing panties indicating but not explicit that she was molested. Still early.
I thought I heard the ME say that she was wearing a bra and nothing else....did I hear correctly? Not sure what show I saw that on...maybe Nancy maybe Greta?

chicoliving
05-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Listening to Dayside on Fox news now...just mentioned two other murders one in '92 and the other in '97. Coulda swore the lady on Nancy yesterday said that murder just doesn't happen there.

Masterj
05-31-2006, 02:11 PM
I am totally shocked. I went to Clemson and always felt like it was the safest place in the world.

chicoliving
05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Investigators are exploring a possible link between the recent bikini strangulation death of a 20-year-old Clemson University student and two other murders in 1992 and 1997.

Police are searching the computer and cell phone records of Tiffany Marie Souers (javascript:siteSearch('Tiffany Marie Souers');), the Clemson junior recently found strangled to death with a bikini top, FOX News has learned. Investigators seized Souers' computer and searched a dumpster in her apartment complex for evidence, according to the incident report released to FOX News on Wednesday.

There have been at least two other unsolved killings in Pickens County involving females, but authorities don't know if they are connected. In 1997, Brooke Holsonback was found strangled. Authorities believe more than one person is responsible for that death.

more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197597,00.html

nightowl
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Have they reported where she was found within the apartment? Was she found in the living room, bedroom or where? Was she found on the floor or in the bed?

I think it was one of her neighbors.

chicoliving
05-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Have they reported where she was found within the apartment? Was she found in the living room, bedroom or where? Was she found on the floor or in the bed?

I think it was one of her neighbors.
Here ya go:

Pickens County Coroner Dr. James Mahanes on Tuesday told FOX News that Souers was found partially clothed in her bedroom and was strangled with a bikini top.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197376,00.html

chicoliving
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
MAHANES: Well, there were no distinctive signs that there were -- you know, that there was a battle, as far as that`s concerned. No specific defensive wounds were identified.

GRACE: Were her hands bagged, Doctor, when she got to the morgue?

MAHANES: Her hands were contained for, you know, the more extensive forensic examination to be done.

~snip~

GRACE: With us, the Pickens County coroner, Dr. James Mahanes is with us. A couple of questions, as much as you can recall. I also know that I`m sure that you have read an investigative report about the crime scene. Was the young lady -- I understand found on the floor. Was she face up or face down?

MAHANES: She was face up, except turned -- her head and upper torso turned slightly to the left.

GRACE: And so that sounds to me that she was not posed in any way?

MAHANES: You`d have to repeat that, please?

GRACE: Not posed. In other words...

MAHANES: Not posed, no, ma`am, no, not posed.

GRACE: It doesn`t sound like she was dragged into the bedroom having been killed elsewhere or she would have been lying flat.

~snip~

GRACE: Good question. Dr. Mahanes, did she have on her underwear?

MAHANES: Yes, let me answer that in two parts. I think -- you know, it`s speculative to say, you know, why would not he may have chosen this item. And, yes, it is possible that DNA from, you know, a palm or moisture and stuff could be defined in this clothing, but I think that would be very difficult. And the young lady was not wearing any panties.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0605/30/ng.01.html

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Investigators are exploring a possible link between the recent bikini strangulation death of a 20-year-old Clemson University student and two other murders in 1992 and 1997.

Police are searching the computer and cell phone records of Tiffany Marie Souers (javascript:siteSearch('Tiffany Marie Souers');), the Clemson junior recently found strangled to death with a bikini top, FOX News has learned. Investigators seized Souers' computer and searched a dumpster in her apartment complex for evidence, according to the incident report released to FOX News on Wednesday.

There have been at least two other unsolved killings in Pickens County involving females, but authorities don't know if they are connected. In 1997, Brooke Holsonback was found strangled. Authorities believe more than one person is responsible for that death.

more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197597,00.html

Ok websleuths, who are the other two murdered females in Pickens County???

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Link to other case maybe connected (http://html.wyff4.com/gs/news/stories/news-20001114-121704.html)

Boy do these two girls look alike or what?

http://images.ibsys.com/2000/1114/167803.jpgBrooke Holsonback
http://whns.images.worldnow.com/images/4967698_BG1.gifTiffany Souers

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Brook was murdered in 1997 so (if these two murders are connected), the perp isn't a student. Maybe a maintenance man or someone that works at the college.

concernedperson
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Link to other case maybe connected (http://html.wyff4.com/gs/news/stories/news-20001114-121704.html)

http://images.ibsys.com/2000/1114/167803.jpg
Brooke Holsonback
I was so waiting to see if anyone would connect the similarities. Glad you did. Me too. The budding serial seems to have a wait and see attitude.Opportunity and longevity.I still think this is random but prescribed to the mode. 3 possibles years apart. Check peeping toms in the area. They like to establish routines. Check a momma's boy with no real income and lots of free time to explore. He is there and LE has said lots of leg work to get to the bottem. But it is there folks. Clemson is not a gang fighting, peer group kind of town. There is a pervert in the midst.

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Local Fox channel news: (http://www.whns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4967698)
New Leads In Clemson Murder

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
The two guys to last see Brooke got outta town fast!

A few weeks later, Dubnansky and Gallup dropped out of Clemson and hired lawyers.

http://html.wyff4.com/gs/news/stories/news-20001114-121704.html

richandfamous
05-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Another unsolved murder connected to 3 others! (http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060421/NEWS01/604210351)
Genevieve Zitricki was strangled also. Maybe this guy travels in the area and is an accomplished serial killer.....the other connection is a mother and daughter shot to death in Missouri and another one in Tennessee.

cbcrime
05-31-2006, 10:42 PM
I've just been watching Greta and she is talking about this case. It is so sad because as a parent you send your child off to college and you expect that they will be safe. And it just isn't necessarily so.

College students are so trusting. One of Tiffany's friends made a comment that she would go to class and not even lock her door. There is this false sense of security - that this is an academic community and everyone is safe. The reality is that it is an open community and just about anyone can enter. I realize that this was off campus housing - but that false sense of security happens on campus also.

LvsAMystry
05-31-2006, 11:04 PM

http://images.ibsys.com/2000/1114/167803.jpgBrooke Holsonback
http://whns.images.worldnow.com/images/4967698_BG1.gifTiffany Souers

From Foxnews article listed in another post above:
"Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at Clemson, an agricultural and engineering school in the northwestern corner of the state about 30 miles west of Greenville. She also worked with a local charity."

From article regarding possible linked case:

"Brooke Holsonback was in her second semester at Clemson University. She was a 19 year-old freshman who graduated from Saluda High School less than a year before. She had already started making good friends and the night of February 19, 1997 had just returned from a Gamma Sigma Sigma sorority meeting."

Now, myself having gone to a small, private no frat or sororities college, I wonder what the percentage of female students participate in these. So they look fairly similar and were both pledged. Interesting possibly.

lymom3
06-01-2006, 04:49 AM
I've just been watching Greta and she is talking about this case. It is so sad because as a parent you send your child off to college and you expect that they will be safe. And it just isn't necessarily so.

College students are so trusting. One of Tiffany's friends made a comment that she would go to class and not even lock her door. There is this false sense of security - that this is an academic community and everyone is safe. The reality is that it is an open community and just about anyone can enter. I realize that this was off campus housing - but that false sense of security happens on campus also.
If she was raised in Ladue that is a double edged sword. She was still smack dab in the middle of St Louis, certainly a big city and people lock their doors in the big city. The flip side is that Ladue is a very wealthy community. There is virtually no crime there. Bad things don't happen there. If she went to school there and her circle of friends was from that area then crime was probably just a statistic to her and nothing that she ever experienced in real life.

michelle
06-01-2006, 05:12 AM
This is so sad and scary. I hope they find the person soon!!!

kato
06-01-2006, 08:07 AM

Yes, I just don't see in this day and age no matter where you live why one would not lock their doors. Not blaming the victims. Sometimes my BF will not lock the upstairs windows and I always get on his case. He says ack no one is going to go up there. I tell him you don't know that. There are some sick people in this world and nothing will deter them once they are determined to do something.

concernedperson
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I understand that LE may get the results of the rape kit as early as today. Also, that they are developing a DNA profile. I hope this furthers the unsolved cases too.

richandfamous
06-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Here's the other 1992 unsolved murder that is possibly linked: (http://carolinaunsolved.bravejournal.com/)

Norsaadah Husain
Clemson, Pickens County, SC
Abducted : Central, Pickens County, South Carolina
Body Found: Oconee County, South Carolina

On Monday June 8, 1992 Norsaadah Husain, a 30 year old graduate student at Clemson University in Clemson, SC was seen doing her laundry at the Suds and Duds Laundromat in the tiny town of Central, SC. Roy Jamison the Laundromat's janitor entered the Laundromat at 8:42 PM, to find blood covering the concrete floor and a long smear of blood running 15 feet from a wall of dryers to the front door as if someone had been dragged. Roy Jamison immediately phoned the Central Police Department to report his findings.
Norsaadah's keys were found on a nearby washing machine and a clump of hair was on the floor. Norsaadah's clothes were left in a dryer and her car was found out front with the motor still warm.
Over 60 officers from various agencies (Central PD, Clemson City, Clemson University, Pickens County Sheriff's Office, Greenville County Sheriff's Office and SLED) began a 3 county search, spanning over Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties in the upstate of SC.
Month's went by without a clue as to what happened to Miss Husain, a quiet individual originally from Malaysia. It's said that Norsaadah kept to herself and went to school, very few people knew Norsaadah.
Three month's later on Wednesday September 16, 1992, a man scouting for deer tracks near Highway 11 in Oconee county stumbled upon a human skeleton. The remains were located near the Oconee Nuclear Station, where 4 years earlier Daisy Ruth Moore Snider's body was found (same vicinity). The remains were later identified as Norsaadah Husain's. Norsaadah's remains were found two miles from the nearest highway and about 100 yards from a paved back road.
If you have any information concerning Norsaadah's case please contact one of the agencies below.

Central Police Department: 1-864-639-4020
Pickens County Sheriff's Office: 1-864-898-5500
Oconee County Sheriff's Office: 1-864-638-4111
SC Law Enforcement Division: 1-888-559-TIPS (8477)

..........and then there's the Daisy Snider murder in 1988??? this is getting more confusing.

Masterj
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
From Foxnews article listed in another post above:
"Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at Clemson, an agricultural and engineering school in the northwestern corner of the state about 30 miles west of Greenville. She also worked with a local charity."

From article regarding possible linked case:

"Brooke Holsonback was in her second semester at Clemson University. She was a 19 year-old freshman who graduated from Saluda High School less than a year before. She had already started making good friends and the night of February 19, 1997 had just returned from a Gamma Sigma Sigma sorority meeting."

Now, myself having gone to a small, private no frat or sororities college, I wonder what the percentage of female students participate in these. So they look fairly similar and were both pledged. Interesting possibly.
Clemson is an extremely social school and fraternity/sorority life is very dominant on campus, or at least it was when I was there in the mid 90's. If I remember correctly, Gamma Sigma Sigma was more of a civic minded sorority and was more welcoming of new people. A pledge of Kappa Kappa Gamma, on the other hand, had to go through a formal rush process which can be very competitive.

I was in a sorority at Clemson and didn't experience hazing. Well, actually - I was blindfolded once and had to sing Salt'N Peppa songs to frat boys but we all thought that was pretty funny.

I know columbia is far away (4-5 hours maybe?) but I can't help but be reminded of Dail Dinwiddie's disappearance. Especially because she shared a similar look to these girls.

englishleigh
06-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Just watched the funeral recessional for Tiffany on Fox News...the priests and her casket being carried out of the Catholic church in Ladue where she was a member. So very sad. They had bagpipers and everything. My eyes filled with tears.

May LE solve this case, ASAP. I think it was someone Tiffany knew and trusted, b/c of there being no sign of forced entry.

scandi
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
They do look alot alike. But I think this 'look' is a very common one for predators to take. Kind of the All American Girl or Barbie look.

We have seen so many girls like this - both Brooke's, Drew, Taylor, Elizabeth and so many more were all preyed upon. Looks like predators like young blonds.

Scandi

richandfamous
06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I have been doing some searching and there are a number of "missing young women" from that area! One was listed as a runaway...???...she was 20. I don't think people actually "run away" at that age. JMO

I think it's a serial killer and he has been active since the late 80's. jmo

richandfamous
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Fox news just reported that an arrest will be made soon! Also there should be news from the investigation this afternoon.

kato
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Fox news just reported that an arrest will be made soon! Also there should be news from the investigation this afternoon.

Thanks for the update, rich. Please keep us posted. If true that is pretty fast work. I wonder if we'll be shocked as to who it is.

nanandjim
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Whoa. That's great. I can't wait to hear who it is. I am betting another student who lives in the complex or who saw her out with her friends that night. Of course, that's just my WAG...

MrsMush99
06-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I heard on the Abrams report that they have a picture of a suspect and his car. They are going to release it tomorrow. They also said that a transaction that was made in connection with Tiffany is what makes him a suspect. The only thing I can think of is an ATM transaction.

nightowl
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Local Fox channel news: (http://www.whns.com/Global/story.asp?S=4967698)
New Leads In Clemson Murder
That article says she was found on the floor of the living room. Other reports have said it was the bedroom. Wonder which is correct?

concernedperson
06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
They are saying the photo is blurry but hope someone recognizes a stance or a facial feature. The car I am not sure about. The transaction could be a pizza delivery guy, someone returning a book, a cab driver etc. I think they have time stamped surveilance around her front door otherwise it wouldn't be a suspect. It would be just an encounter that happened at another location.

They are sure it is male....that is all they are sure of at this point.

englishleigh
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
They are saying the photo is blurry but hope someone recognizes a stance or a facial feature. The car I am not sure about. The transaction could be a pizza delivery guy, someone returning a book, a cab driver etc. I think they have time stamped surveilance around her front door otherwise it wouldn't be a suspect. It would be just an encounter that happened at another location.

They are sure it is male....that is all they are sure of at this point.

I feel sure the poor girl was raped and the DNA they have is likely from that...so that's a big reason why they are sure her killer is a male.

nanandjim
06-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I could be mistaken, but I thought that they said the guy in the video was driving a jeep.

Vet4Bush
06-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Guy was in a Jeep? Wasn't that girl who was killed in 97 dumped near an off road course for four wheelers and dirt bikes?

indigomood
06-02-2006, 12:46 AM
--Central man charged in sexual assault
Authorities say arrest came during investigation of Souers' slaying

Authorities investigating the slaying of a Clemson University student at an off-campus apartment complex arrested a man who lives at the same complex Wednesday and charged him in an alleged sexual assault a month ago.

The 25-year-old Central man is identified in warrants as Stephen David Kudika Jr. of 101-O Sumter Lane.

Kudika was arrested by the Central Police Department and was being held at the Pickens County Detention Center, according to the warrant and a booking report.

more at link (http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/NEWS01/60601011/1004/rss01)

--Authorities say young man is suspect in Clemson slaying

GREENVILLE, S.C. - A young man was identified as a suspect Thursday in the killing of a 20-year-old Clemson University student who was strangled with a bikini top nearly a week ago, prosecutor Bob Ariail said.

Ariail said authorities were waiting to release the photo because it was not clear and officials were working to enhance it. He also said they had to finalize plans for a tip line and make sure there was staff to answer phones.

He wouldn't say if the suspect was a student, but he was confident the young man wouldn't flee.

"We're not worried about that," Ariail said. Asked why, he responded, "Trust me."

more at link (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2006/06/02/ap-state-sc/d8hvnc9g1.txt)

maiseyjane
06-02-2006, 01:28 AM
There is a Stephen Kudika listed on the Clemson website. If it is the same one, It says he is a Graduate Assistant in Fitness and Marketing.

http://stuaff.clemson.edu/campusrec/staff.html

indigomood
06-02-2006, 01:35 AM
There is a Stephen Kudika listed on the Clemson website. If it is the same one, It says he is a Graduate Assistant in Fitness and Marketing.

http://stuaff.clemson.edu/campusrec/staff.html
thankyou maiseyjane, yes... I saw that as well. Since he has not been officially named a suspect I am waiting for the news to break tomorrow, but I think this will be the man based on those reports. what are your thoughts?

maiseyjane
06-02-2006, 01:55 AM
They also are searching for the sheets that were missing from the bed of the Clemson University student when she was found on the floor of her apartment, a source close to the investigation told The Greenville News late Thursday. After an extensive search, investigators fished a set of sheets from a river, but they turned out not to be hers, the source said.

Authorities are searching for a 1986-95 Blazer or Jimmy that is light-colored, possibly gray or white, the source told the newspaper.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/NEWS01/60601014/1004

scandi
06-02-2006, 02:20 AM
What the reporters on Fox said today was they will release a profile of this man and photos of him and of his car, and that he is seen in an interaction or maybe transaction that Tiffany was not a party to but present. Something like that.

Van Zant said it sounded like maybe this photo was taken by a security camera in a mini mart.

They also have DNA markers that are not Tiffany's and they believe they are of the perp. They didn't say though that they have proof she was raped. They said it could be from saliva or any bodily fluid for that matter.

So very very sad.

Scandi

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
1pm est prosecutor news conference.

LaMer
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Tiffany's Clemson ID card was found and turned in, along a highway near Clemson.

Hmmm could be fingerprints.

chicoliving
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Per Fox News Channel Tiffany's ID was found off highway near Clemson.

Wudge
06-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Crimetainment's new hot case: The murder, by bikini, of an attractive, young, white college coed.

Still no high-profile murder case of an old, ugly, fat, poor, black man, more wait.

chicoliving
06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Crimetainment's new hot case: The murder, by bikini, of an attractive, young, white college coed.

Still no high-profile murder case of an old, ugly, fat, poor, black man, more wait.
Maybe this breaking news story would be more to your liking

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1076696#post1076696

Wudge
06-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe this breaking news story would be more to your liking

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1076696#post1076696

I read about many cases that are certainly as interesting and commanding of high-profile attention, if not moreso, than this murder by "bikini".

However, this is now the highlighted case, because it follows the basic standard crimetainment template that plays on a potential crime against a white, young, attractive female -- with "murder by bikini" substituting for her not being pregnant.

BrendaStar
06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Wudge, they are calling it "the Clemson murder" now. So no need to be upset about "the bikini murder" moniker.

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
press conference any minute now.

kato
06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
press conference any minute now.

Thanks rich, keep us updated please. I'm NG and Greta will cover it tonight.

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks rich, keep us updated please. I'm NG and Greta will cover it tonight.

Hey Kato! No problem! Good to see ya!

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Tiffany's ID found by man collecting cans along side hyway 76. Still waiting for press conference. It's been set up and waiting for 2 hours now. Wonder what the hold up is???

kato
06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey Kato! No problem! Good to see ya!

Good to see ya too.

kato
06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Tiffany's ID found by man collecting cans along side hyway 76. Still waiting for press conference. It's been set up and waiting for 2 hours now. Wonder what the hold up is???

Well, ya know these things never happen on time most of the time. ARGH

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
can't wait any longer...gotta take care of some business...back in 20 mins. dang it!

dontpanic38
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
I can't watch it, I have to leave in a minute, but KSDK in St. Louis has a link for the conference.
I have been following this one, so if someone is able to see it, please give a summary if possible. Thanks!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=97893

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 04:00 PM
It was just said on Fox News that the vehicle discription is wrong.
The range is 1982-1994 Chevy or GMC 2 door (not 4 door),SUV type vehicle.
Owned or borrowed vehicle.They also said that he could have had it repossesed or not allowed to borrow it.
They said that he may be absent from classes or work,change his eating habits and so on.They said that he is very dangerous right now.
The photo was taken attempting to use a bank card.He is wearing 2 bandanas,the marks are,a cross(they said a Christian cross) and a V shape(could be a Nike sign?).

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh the picture of him is with two bandanas on his face. I don't know how someone could identify him from them. Oh also they are showing his facial structure. The picture was taken at an ATM he was trying to use a debit card belonging to Tiffany.

Wudge
06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
It was just said on Fox News that the vehicle discription is wrong.
The range is 1982-1994 Chevy or GMC 2 door (not 4 door),SUV type vehicle.
Owned or borrowed vehicle.They also said that he could have had it repossesed or not allowed to borrow it.
They said that he may be absent from classes or work,change his eating habits and so on.They said that he is very dangerous right now.
The photo was taken attempting to use a bank card.He is wearing 2 bandanas,the marks are,a cross(they said a Christian cross) and a V shape(or a Nike sign).

GM could tell what the model and year is. In about three years, someone in LE will get a brainstorm and ask them, instant promotion of course.

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Suspect tried to use the debit card 5 times.

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh the picture of him is with two bandanas on his face. I don't know how someone could identify him from them. Oh also they are showing his facial structure. The picture was taken at an ATM he was trying to use a debit card belonging to Tiffany.The photos were not good at all.The only way they could indentify would be the bandanas?Maybe on the myface webite?

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:14 PM
DS, I have no idea how they are going to be able to identify this guy. Pretty scary. Also, another interesting thing is that he was smart enough to hide his face from the ATM camera, but not smart enough to know that you can't guess a pin number. He tried 5 times. That's just dumb. Unless, she told him a fake number, I suppose that is possible.

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:16 PM
He's a white male. How they can tell that from the photo I have no idea. I'm looking at it now, I can't make out anything.

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I need to make a correction, suspect tried to use ATM card 6 different times, 2 different banks. Also, they are calling it a sexually motivated crime.

kato
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
DS, I have no idea how they are going to be able to identify this guy. Pretty scary. Also, another interesting thing is that he was smart enough to hide his face from the ATM camera, but not smart enough to know that you can't guess a pin number. He tried 5 times. That's just dumb. Unless, she told him a fake number, I suppose that is possible.

That's what I figured. A dumb*ss to think he could figure it out cuz they usually send out some kind of alert after so many wrong combos.

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 04:29 PM
DS, I have no idea how they are going to be able to identify this guy. Pretty scary. Also, another interesting thing is that he was smart enough to hide his face from the ATM camera, but not smart enough to know that you can't guess a pin number. He tried 5 times. That's just dumb. Unless, she told him a fake number, I suppose that is possible.Hello MrsMush,
Thank-you so much for the post.
They had us waiting all this time for nothing.Why would they say that they were not worried about him being a flight risk when they first had a suspect.They had it all over the news and the web that they had a suspect,his vehicle and that he would not flee.What is wrong with this picture........Then they show a photo that you cannot see,they had to point out the things on the bandana,and they even said that those were not clear.If LE knows for a fact what a vehicle is used in a crime,a BOL should be sent not only to LE,but the public as well.Why did they wait until now to say that the original vehicle discription is wrong????

indigomood
06-02-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2006/06/02/ap-state-sc/d8i08rso0.txt

Authorities find slain student's license

The owner of a towing business near Pendleton said he called authorities around 10 Friday morning when James Lindsey of Pendleton came in with a driver's license he had found on the side of the road.

"He wanted me to turn the license in," Dan Baker said "He was scared."

Baker turned in the license as well as a small bag Lindsey found farther down U.S. Highway 76 just inside Anderson County, Baker said.

A reporter saw authorities photographing and bagging a cell phone found in the ditch about five yards from the road, The Anderson Independent-Mail reported on its Web site Friday.

more at link (http://www.thetandd.com/articles/2006/06/02/ap-state-sc/d8i08rso0.txt)

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
That's what I figured. A dumb*ss to think he could figure it out cuz they usually send out some kind of alert after so many wrong combos.Hi Kato,
I think that is the 3rd attempt that the bank confinscates the card or spits it back out.You would think that banks would have better camera shots instead of the poor quality video that they have.Pediphiles have better cam views on the net than the bank does on their ATM machines:rolleyes: .

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
That's what I figured. A dumb*ss to think he could figure it out cuz they usually send out some kind of alert after so many wrong combos.

Not only that Kato, but don't some banks take the card? You know he puts it in the ATM and it never comes back out??

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello MrsMush,
Thank-you so much for the post.
They had us waiting all this time for nothing.Why would they say that they were not worried about him being a flight risk when they first had a suspect.They had it all over the news and the web that they had a suspect,his vehicle and that he would not flee.What is wrong with this picture........Then they show a photo that you cannot see,they had to point out the things on the bandana,and they even said that those were not clear.If LE knows for a fact what a vehicle is used in a crime,a BOL should be sent not only to LE,but the public as well.Why did they wait until now to say that the original vehicle discription is wrong????

Also DS, did you hear that they said they don't think anyone is harboring him??? How in the world could they possibly know that??? They seemed very confident in that statement.

LaMer
06-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Not only that Kato, but don't some banks take the card? You know he puts it in the ATM and it never comes back out??

I think it is not returned after two attempts. Didn't he say, he had visited several ATM machines? So maybe he was smart enough to keep moving. Then, I wonder if several attempts at one machine would effect attempting to use the card at another machine. Probably not. Just guessing tho.

However, the machine I use, I only have to 'swipe' my card. Never leaves my fingers. Unless they have some mechanism which clamps down on it lol

I fear they (he) was acting more confident than they really are, at least that was my impression.

It's possible, the guy using the bank card could have found it somewhere after it was discarded too. Not much of a time element there tho.

cathieq
06-02-2006, 04:56 PM
What I'm wondering...in this article
http://tinyurl.com/f7r8l

"...Stephen David Kudika Jr., 25...was arrested Wednesday and was released a day later after posting a $30,000-bond, authorities said..."

LE must be pretty confident that he is NOT involved...or else they want to trap him somehow. Was he out when these transactions were taking place? Is it possible that they suspect it's him but need more evidence linking him to this particular crime? Maybe LE is using Kudika to lure someone out of hiding?

Something about these press conferences just doesn't sit right with me.

indigomood
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM
What I'm wondering...in this article
http://tinyurl.com/f7r8l

"...Stephen David Kudika Jr., 25...was arrested Wednesday and was released a day later after posting a $30,000-bond, authorities said..."

LE must be pretty confident that he is NOT involved...or else they want to trap him somehow. Was he out when these transactions were taking place? Is it possible that they suspect it's him but need more evidence linking him to this particular crime? Maybe LE is using Kudika to lure someone out of hiding?

Something about these press conferences just doesn't sit right with me.
Is it possible that they suspect it's him but need more evidence linking him to this particular crime?
I'm wondering the same thing cathieq. Why not just come right out and dismiss the connection if there truly isn't one? Instead, I get the impression that the solicitor is making cryptic references about a potential link. It would be of interest to compare a pic of Steve Kudika to the ATM suspect, even with the bandana/disguise.

the following article also alludes to the possible connection...

Police Nab Alleged Rapist in Tiffany Souers' Apartment Complex,
Cops target suspect in co-ed's slaying, won't say if accused rapist is their man 06/02/2006

GREENVILLE, S.C. (Crime Library) — Investigators probing the death of 20-year-old Clemson University co-ed Tiffany Souers have declined to say whether a man charged Wednesday with an unrelated rape in the same apartment complex is a suspect in her slaying.

For the moment, investigators are saying little about any possible connections between the death of Souers, who was found a week ago, partially nude and strangled with her own bikini top in her off campus apartment and David Kudika, Jr., a 25-year-old who lives in the same apartment complex.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0606/0202_police_nab_souers_alleged_rapist1.html

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 05:43 PM
wasn't it reported that the evidence of this crime may match evidence in two other murders, one in '92 and one in '97? That would make this guy 11yrs old and 16yrs old. This whole thing doesn't make sense.

never mind...wrong case! sorry

michelle
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Couldnt they get fingerprints of the machine and run them through the national database just to see if he had any priors??

cathieq
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
There's a web site designed by a Tiffany Souers. Nothing there, but notice the date
http://www.souers.com/

Clemson's site about Tiffany:
http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_releases/2006/May/souers/

If these have been posted before, I apologize.......:)

indigomood
06-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Clemson's memo on Kudika

Interim suspension imposed
CLEMSON STUDENT FACING ASSAULT CHARGES

http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/www_releases/2006/June/kudika.html

indigomood
06-02-2006, 06:13 PM
link to incident report...

http://web.andersonsc.com/web/2006_files/souers_case/report1.pdf

Sassygerl
06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
He's a white male. How they can tell that from the photo I have no idea. I'm looking at it now, I can't make out anything.

His hand appears in one of the pics. Can't make out much though from the pics, but the bandanas are unusual so hopefully someone will recognize them!

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0602/9314578_200X150.jpg

this gives me the creeps!

indigomood
06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0602/9314578_200X150.jpg

this gives me the creeps!
Ughhh, me too!

eta - can you tell if there are slits cut in the bandana for his eyes or if his eyes are uncovered? I cannot discern it from that picture.

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Ughhh, me too!

eta - can you tell if there are slits cut in the bandana for his eyes or if his eyes are uncovered? I cannot discern it from that picture.They are 2 bandanas,one on the head,one to cover below that one.There are no slits cut.

michelle
06-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Is this guy white, black, chinese or what, I cant really tell anything in the pic.:waitasec:

dark_shadows
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Ariail did, however, release surveillance photos of a white male trying to use Souers' bank card at an ATM a few hours after the killing. Ariail said the man, who had covered most of his face with bandanas, tried unsuccessfully to use the card six times at two cash machines. The man was driving an older sport utility vehicle. Authorities on Friday released photos of a vehicle similar to the one they believe a suspect may be driving.

[url="http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/CA2F85CE760A730B86257180005E8FA6?OpenDocument"]Click here to read the Post-Dispatch story. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197865,00.html[news link[/URL)
Police who had been searching Souers' computer have developed a timeline of her whereabouts up until 12:03 a.m. last Friday. They were also searching her cell-phone records for evidence and combing through a trash bin seized at The Reserve apartment complex, where Souers lived.

indigomood
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
They are 2 bandanas,one on the head,one to cover below that one.There are no slits cut.
thankyou dark_shadows... so is that his left eye peeking out between the two bandanas? That's about all I can make out michelle! Two bandanas, and one left eye, not much to go on.... :doh:

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Ughhh, me too!

eta - can you tell if there are slits cut in the bandana for his eyes or if his eyes are uncovered? I cannot discern it from that picture.

looks like he is wearing 2 bandana's and wrap-around-sunglasses!

MrsMush99
06-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Is this guy white, black, chinese or what, I cant really tell anything in the pic.:waitasec:

Michelle, they said he is white.

michelle
06-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Michelle, they said he is white.Thanks, I guess I should read better....:rolleyes:

Pinkhammer
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
GM could tell what the model and year is. In about three years, someone in LE will get a brainstorm and ask them, instant promotion of course.
OTOH, this is not an episode of "Law and Order".

They take their time down South.

cammy-g
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I read about a Mike Zepuhr that was gunned down in Minneapolis while on springbreak from Clemson. He was originally tied into some 911 conspiracy that was eventually ruled out. (http://nvfc.us/blog/archives/211)

Now Tiffany, just a couple of months later is found murdered. I doubt that there is a connection but there is probably just as much chance of a connection between these two murders (http://nvfc.us/blog/archives/253) as those that happened years ago. IMO it is worth a look at least.

LaMer
06-02-2006, 09:10 PM
looks like he is wearing 2 bandana's and wrap-around-sunglasses!

RichandFamous, I concur with the glasses. Do you think they are clear glasses? They appear from this photo that they are clear plastic, along the lines of safety glasses. One thing to remember, some of the survielance cameras make things appear a different color,but there is something which appears to look like the top of glasses to me.

In the Jennifer Kesse case, the FBI wasn't sure of the poi's pants were a light color or a dark color, due to the video of the survielance camera.

My heart and prayers go out to Tiffany's family. :angel: Tiffany was much much too young to have lost her life. She was just getting started. :angel:

LvsAMystry
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
When they first kept saying a suspect from a "transaction" I immediately wondered whether it would turn out to be ATM video etc... It looks from the time of night on the picture that it likely is the killer, I wondered after hearing about the finding of the drivers' license whether the ATM card could have been found by someone also. This looks like the person though. I can't see anything from the picture really.

concernedperson
06-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I still say this is a serial wanna be but I think his days are numbered. Thank God! They are much closer than we know. The putting out is corroboration for trial. The fact that they let him post bond is the law. I guess he has other enablers but don't they all!

I am hopeful. Let's get other info and put this guy behind bars for life.

The pattern of a serial is there but he is to stupid to carry it out all the way. He decided a few hundred bucks from an atm would benefit him. They like greed even if it trips them up.

Tiffany deserves much more than the scum that killed her. There is no reason on earth or beyond to protect him. I hope the whole world is looking for every reason to get him.

richandfamous
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I was on some discussion board at one of the SC news media sites and a young woman college student from Clemson University made a comment that she couldn't understand how this could happen in such a safe community.
Well, I have to say this to all the young people out there who are naive if they think anyplace is safe. At any given time there are at least 50 uncaptured serial killers running loose in America. Now, if you think about the theory of "six degrees of separation", just how close do you think you have come to interaction with one of them???? I know that sounds paranoid but it is true. You can't live your life in fear but you can certainly be aware!

Ok, Greta just interviewed two of Tiffany's friends and they know who did it and have reported it but have not been taken seriously it seems!!!!
Her name is Faith!!

mssheila
06-03-2006, 12:05 AM
You know... from all I've heard all day about this murder and the suspect, it sure seems like LE knows who it is. I have a feeling that publishing this photo to the public may simply be a game they're playing to flush him out. Possibly, they're trying to make him think that someone might ID him. Or they might just be trying to put pressure on him- make him nervous, and (long shot) turn himself in. If they are as confident as they come across to me, I would think they probably have him under surveillance and this is just a game with the media designed to make him very nervous, maybe just to see how he reacts. Just a theory.

gego
06-03-2006, 04:28 AM
http://www.cluttercottage.com/suspect5.jpg

As an experiment I tried drawing in face lines from one of the pics on the internet to see how much of a face could be guessed from the vague outlines I imagined I saw.

The jawline and head shape were the most evident. From another pic I could see the rough shape of his right ear which appeared to be small but to sticky-out a little more than average. The nose I thought I saw sticking out a little extra also. The rest I was mostly guessing.

The forehead just above the eyes looked to be constricted from tension.

This guy looked to me to be either muscular or heavy set or a combination of both as his right arm seemed to fill out the jacket he was wearing quite fully, yet his fingers in one of the other pics did not seem fat. I am guessing he lifts weights or works out some.

This is probably an exercise in finding shapes in clouds; too bad there is not some computer program that is designed to "xray" by subtracting the bandanas.

Becba
06-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Looks like he put a stocking over his head and then put on the bandanas. If you look at the shape of his face and top of his head it is all compressed as if a stocking is pulled over it. The end of the stocking is sticking out of the top of the top bandana also. It appears to be hair long enough to be pulled up into that area also. Light colored hair a few inches long.

Beyond Belief
06-03-2006, 06:21 AM
gego

good drawing.

Pharlap
06-03-2006, 08:38 AM
I was on some discussion board at one of the SC news media sites and a young woman college student from Clemson University made a comment that she couldn't understand how this could happen in such a safe community.
Well, I have to say this to all the young people out there who are naive if they think anyplace is safe. At any given time there are at least 50 uncaptured serial killers running loose in America. Now, if you think about the theory of "six degrees of separation", just how close do you think you have come to interaction with one of them???? I know that sounds paranoid but it is true. You can't live your life in fear but you can certainly be aware!

Ok, Greta just interviewed two of Tiffany's friends and they know who did it and have reported it but have not been taken seriously it seems!!!!
Her name is Faith!!Maybe the cops are, but don't want to show there hand.
May need more pieces of the puzzle before nailing him....
Just guessing here...
Maybe the truck was stolen and the cops have to work backwards...
Again just thinking out loud...

Any other thoughts why the cops are appearing not to take Faith seriously?:confused:

englishleigh
06-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Maybe the cops are, but don't want to show there hand.
May need more pieces of the puzzle before nailing him....
Just guessing here...
Maybe the truck was stolen and the cops have to work backwards...
Again just thinking out loud...

Any other thoughts why the cops are appearing not to take Faith seriously?:confused:

I'm wondering if they are fingering someone like a Clemson official's son or someone that the police don't want to mess with until they have more evidence?
The guy is apparently young and white...makes you wonder if he is a Clemson student and maybe a prominent one?

nanandjim
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
I think that the killer must have gone to ATM's where he frequents or feels most comfortable. He certainly was prepared, wasn't he? Who carries extra bandanas with them?? Wouldn't you think that the killer would drive somewhere far away to try and use the card to withdraw money--unless he didn't readily know of any other area.

Does anyone think that Tiffany was familiar with this guy (like the guy who lived in the complex and was a grad student at Clemson) and that this guy asked to borrow her phone or somehow talked his way into her apartment that night?

If he lived in the complex, he may have known her routine and that she was alone. He may have watched her coming and going and waited for her to get home that evening.

The only thing that perplexes me is that she was on the phone 30 minutes after she arrived home. Do you think that the guy could have broken into her apartment and bounced on her as she was undressing for bed?

richandfamous
06-03-2006, 11:02 AM
The friend, Faith, said she had called the police/tipline 5 times and she was afraid to tell greta who it was because he was still loose. She said she talked to the cops 2 times but that she had received some more info yesterday and had tried to call the tipline/it was busy so she called the police station and got voice mail so she left a message. Anyway, Greta told the cops to call this woman...maybe they will.

Pharlap
06-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Update from the news just now.
100 tips have come in using the tip line.

Said the person wore the bandanas at a custume party, if I heard correctly..

concernedperson
06-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Calls flood tip line.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060603/NEWS01/60603003

SewingDeb
06-03-2006, 02:32 PM

In this link (http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060603/NEWS01/606030313), it sounds like GM has weighed in on the model:

Also shown in surveillance photos are hood and grill portions of the suspect's vehicle, which Ariail said General Motors experts identified as a GMC or Chevy Blazer-type two-door SUV made between the years 1982 and 1994.

mssheila
06-03-2006, 03:03 PM
The friend, Faith, said she had called the police/tipline 5 times and she was afraid to tell greta who it was because he was still loose. She said she talked to the cops 2 times but that she had received some more info yesterday and had tried to call the tipline/it was busy so she called the police station and got voice mail so she left a message. Anyway, Greta told the cops to call this woman...maybe they will.
It was interesting. I watched the repeat of the show. Greta first asked the other girl if she knew of anyone who could do this- the answer was no. Then she asked Faith if she knew if the police had any suspects.... (or a question like that, not directly asking her if she knew WHO had done it).. and she hesitated.. and said No. Then Greta, looking a little lost, said... "Well, we're going to take a quick break be right back"...
When they came back from commercial, she asked Faith if she knew who may have done this... straight out like that... and Faith said "YES". She said she had called 4 or 5 different times trying to tell the police, and it was my impression that they either didn't take her serious, or they weren't getting back to her.

So Greta says "CLEMSON POLICE, CALL FAITH!"

richandfamous
06-03-2006, 03:09 PM
It was interesting. I watched the repeat of the show. Greta first asked the other girl if she knew of anyone who could do this- the answer was no. Then she asked Faith if she knew if the police had any suspects.... (or a question like that, not directly asking her if she knew WHO had done it).. and she hesitated.. and said No. Then Greta, looking a little lost, said... "Well, we're going to take a quick break be right back"...
When they came back from commercial, she asked Faith if she knew who may have done this... straight out like that... and Faith said "YES". She said she had called 4 or 5 different times trying to tell the police, and it was my impression that they either didn't take her serious, or they weren't getting back to her.

So Greta says "CLEMSON POLICE, CALL FAITH!"

Wow, u said it better than I did...yes, that's what happened except that Faith also said she was afraid for her safety and did not want to name the suspect on tv.

mssheila
06-03-2006, 03:25 PM
On Studio B- the friend Faith says that Tiffany had come into contact with a "local harasser" several times. She can't rule this person out (even with the surveillance picture) and she seems to think that this "harasser" could be the killer. They say people who know him may be talking to the police to tell them where he is.

It sounds like this guy is well known in that area. Faith said she thinks there will be an arrest soon.

ETA: 8:54 PM

I just saw Faith on "The Line Up". She did say clearly that the ATM photos and the description of the vehicle still could be the guy that she suspects.

I just want to say this.. I sincerely hope she's pointing her finger at the right guy. The reason I say this is that she is really talking a LOT about someone who hasn't even been arrested yet. She hasn't said his name, but she's been on every major national network now giving the town a pretty good idea who this person is. However, she is the only person who's pointing at him publicly. Her other friends have said no such thing, even when they're on TV standing right next to Faith.

She's said he's a married man with children, and he acts incredibly inappropriate with females. She says that she's had multiple conversations with other people about him both before and after the murder... and he's the "town harasser", in her words. He's been the subject of much gossip... Many people will likely know exactly who she suspects has done this to Tiffany.

If he's not the guy... he has been slandered in the WORST way. I guess what I'm saying is... someone should tell Faith that she's gotten her message across now. She needs to leave the rest to the police. If she's wrong, she could get in pretty big trouble for going on all these shows talking about a local man who may be totally innocent..... :eek: :twocents:

This is all JMO!

raisincharlie
06-03-2006, 11:38 PM
On Studio B- the friend Faith says that Tiffany had come into contact with a "local harasser" several times. She can't rule this person out (even with the surveillance picture) and she seems to think that this "harasser" could be the killer. They say people who know him may be talking to the police to tell them where he is.

It sounds like this guy is well known in that area. Faith said she thinks there will be an arrest soon.

ETA: 8:54 PM

I just saw Faith on "The Line Up". She did say clearly that the ATM photos and the description of the vehicle still could be the guy that she suspects.

I just want to say this.. I sincerely hope she's pointing her finger at the right guy. The reason I say this is that she is really talking a LOT about someone who hasn't even been arrested yet. She hasn't said his name, but she's been on every major national network now giving the town a pretty good idea who this person is. However, she is the only person who's pointing at him publicly. Her other friends have said no such thing, even when they're on TV standing right next to Faith.

<snip>

This is all JMO!
As you say if she is indicating this guy and it turns out he isn't the one - she better lawyer up quick. To me the worst part of her blabbering is if she is correct and this guy takes flight because he has seen her blabbing and now knows the cops may be looking specifically for him. What if he isn't caught for a length of time because he runs, following her blabbering, and ends up hurting or forbid killing another innocent girl ? Seems to me she is blabbing because she felt the police wouldn't listen to her. She may well have interferred with this investigation. The interviewers are no better IMO either.

Too late now... JMO

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
As you say if she is indicating this guy and it turns out he isn't the one - she better lawyer up quick. To me the worst part of her blabbering is if she is correct and this guy takes flight because he has seen her blabbing and now knows the cops may be looking specifically for him. What if he isn't caught for a length of time because he runs, following her blabbering, and ends up hurting or forbid killing another innocent girl ? Seems to me she is blabbing because she felt the police wouldn't listen to her. She may well have interferred with this investigation. The interviewers are no better IMO either.

Too late now... JMO

If I were the friend of Tiffany and the last person to see her alive....and I thought I knew something about who might have done this...and I feared for my safety...and I had tried to tell the cops but they didn't seem interested in my info...I would be blabbing it all over the tv too! The cops should know how to handle people with information. jmo

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 09:00 AM
New Sunday morning article. The tip line is staying busy so I believe they are connecting dots right now. Between the vehicle and bandanna descriptions and in light of the fact how small Clemson and the surrounding area is, I am sure any number of people have figured this out.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060604/NEWS01/606040320

raisincharlie
06-04-2006, 09:47 AM
If I were the friend of Tiffany and the last person to see her alive....and I thought I knew something about who might have done this...and I feared for my safety...and I had tried to tell the cops but they didn't seem interested in my info...I would be blabbing it all over the tv too! The cops should know how to handle people with information. jmo
Quess I would be wondering why the police didn't want to listen. But to make an accusation on national TV without knowing 100% the person was involved, out of fear, frustration, whatever, hardly seems the way to improve anything let alone one's safety - nothing like displaying one's face to the world and the potential killer. Not very bright IMO if one is fearful for their life. I would agree the police know how to handle information. Afraid - she should be keeping a low profile instead of showing her face on every talk show that will give her air time. JMO.

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 09:57 AM
I haven't seen Faith on television. However, if the "harasser" is married with children, he may not fit the profile of being a young guy, possibly a college student. From what I could see from the ATM photo, the guy gives me the general impression of being a young guy, possibly a college student, a young guy that used to be a college student or who hangs out with students.

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 10:05 AM
I agree nan. LE has been fairly specific about the profile. 18-25 years old, 1st murder, uncomfortable now, not likely to flee (could be because he is financially dependent on parent), etc.

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Quess I would be wondering why the police didn't want to listen. But to make an accusation on national TV without knowing 100% the person was involved, out of fear, frustration, whatever, hardly seems the way to improve anything let alone one's safety - nothing like displaying one's face to the world and the potential killer. Not very bright IMO if one is fearful for their life. I would agree the police know how to handle information. Afraid - she should be keeping a low profile instead of showing her face on every talk show that will give her air time. JMO.

I haven't seen all of Faith's tv interviews but in the one I saw on Greta, she did not give a name or identify the subject. Did she accuse someone specifically? If not she has covered her arse legally. As to wondering why the police didn't want to listen....that could be any number of reasons, he could have connection, ie. LE, government, (dog catcher, BTK, just kidding). But never the less, people didn't report BTK for fear of retaliation. Sorry, just thinking out loud...always gets me in trouble.
Anyway, I don't think she has damaged the investigation by talking to media. jmo

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Look at the photos at the link. The photo taken at 3:37 a.m. (5th photo) looks like the bandanna is down or that you can see the outline of the guy's face and mouth. You can click on the photos to enlarge them.
http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_releases/2006/May/souers/photos/suspect/suspect.html

It also looks like the guy has on some type of sunglasses. He certainly came prepared, didn't he??

scandi
06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
That #5 is a phenominal photo Nan. I can almost see right thru the bandana to see his whole face. Looks like his mouth is stretched a bit from the bandana or nylon he has on it, but I can pretty well tell what he looks like!

So Concerned, I didn't understand what you meant in saying the link is forbidden?

Scandi

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 12:07 PM
That #5 is a phenominal photo Nan. I can almost see right thru the bandana to see his whole face. Looks like his mouth is stretched a bit from the bandana or nylon he has on it, but I can pretty well tell what he looks like!
I would think that the FBI or police would have some kind of computer program to draw a picture of what this guy looks like. They should do some kind of computer enhancement and release that photo.

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Look at the photos at the link. The photo taken at 3:37 a.m. (5th photo) looks like the bandanna is down or that you can see the outline of the guy's face and mouth. You can click on the photos to enlarge them.
http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_releases/2006/May/souers/photos/suspect/suspect.html

It also looks like the guy has on some type of sunglasses. He certainly came prepared, didn't he?? It does look like sunglasses. Good catch! I bet it was all stuff he had in his vehicle. The other thing about the atm visit is she may have been trying to prevent the assault and said to take her money but not hurt her etc. gave him the number but he was rattled and couldn't remember. This is another reason I think he is young and inexperienced and probably surprised he murdered her. But once he got the card he thought he would try one last humiliation.

scandi
06-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Gee, it makes me wonder why LE chose the picture they did to put on national TV when they had this particular shot!

Scandi

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 12:10 PM

So Concerned, I didn't understand what you meant in saying the link is forbidden?

Scandi

Nan fixed it sweetie....It is fine now.

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 12:13 PM
It also looks like he has on more than one shirt. The Oxford-type shirt looks like he grabbed it and put it on to hide his arms. You can almost see his t-shirt which has some kind of print on it. You would think that the t-shirt could be enhanced, too.

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Gee, it makes me wonder why LE chose the picture they did to put on national TV when they had this particular shot!

Scandi
The only reason that I can think of is they wanted people to see the bandana with the cross on it. I think that they should find this particular type of bandana and show photos of it on the national news.

scandi
06-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanks Concerned :blowkiss:

In pic #5 it looks like he has pulled the bandana down off his face and it is around his neck. I can't see the under t-shirt, but it appears the polo shirt is not buttoned down the front so could be a cover up for his arms like you said Nana.

All that work to make himself illusive and you can see right thru his 'mask'. LOL We read he had trouble getting the card to work, so he was probably frustrated and the bandana bothered him, so he jerked it down so he could concentrate better.

Scandi

ETA: Someone here said he might have a nylon pulled over his head under the bandanas, and I think this pic #5 shows that clearly as his mouth is stretched.

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 12:35 PM
It also looks like he has on more than one shirt. The Oxford-type shirt looks like he grabbed it and put it on to hide his arms. You can almost see his t-shirt which has some kind of print on it. You would think that the t-shirt could be enhanced, too.

I think so too about two shirts. I think the print you are seeing is the v of the other bandana. Do you have a magnifying glass to double check.....I am at work and mine isn't here.

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I think so too about two shirts. I think the print you are seeing is the v of the other bandana. Do you have a magnifying glass to double check.....I am at work and mine isn't here.
Look at photo #4. You can see some kind of design on the t-shirt.

LvsAMystry
06-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I definitely notice the two shirts also. Looks like cotton oxford type shirt, laundered instead of pressed so it has the wrinkles, and it's worn loose and unbuttoned even at the cuffs. I also see the t-shirt under it that appears to have a design or writing on it, but can't make out much of what it is.

scandi
06-04-2006, 01:00 PM
You sure can Nana! Looks like they worked on enhancing these photos. It could be the bandana is not pulled down off his face in #5 and could just be the light, but somehow his face shows thru the bandana which is amazing!

This is the last photo taken acc to the times shown, and he is back a bit further from the camera. Is he sitting in his car? Out here you don't drive up to an ATM machine, but rather walk up to it.

Scandi

scandi
06-04-2006, 01:02 PM
From what I see, it looks like the tip of a wing - maybe a Harley Davidson T-shirt?

Scandi

chicoliving
06-04-2006, 01:12 PM
VAN SUSTEREN: Was she also wearing a bra, I mean, or is that what they're calling the bikini, in terms of what was the instrument used to kill her?

MAHANES: Well, yes, the only other article of clothing she had on was a brassiere.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197661,00.html

Finally found where it was stated that she was only wearing a bra....

I heard that there was $500 in her apartment...can't recall if it was stated the $$ were in her bedroom or which channel I was watching/listening to. Will continue to look til I find the link.

So...was found in her bedroom on the floor wearing only a bra with $$ in the apartment. Her bedsheets, ATM card and DL were taken but not the bucks??

nanandjim
06-04-2006, 01:25 PM
...I heard that there was $500 in her apartment...
A local news reporter said that there was no cash found in her apartment as previously stated. She said that there was a computer valued at $500 that was left behind by the killer.

concernedperson
06-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Does this article seem to be imploring for a family member or friend to come forward?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060604/COLUMNISTS02/606040322

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 03:48 PM
The Sheets! Maybe he took them because he left semen on them but not on her??? just speculating here.

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Does this article seem to be imploring for a family member or friend to come forward?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060604/COLUMNISTS02/606040322

Concerned, absolutely! That's the same message I get!

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 04:05 PM

It also looks like the guy has on some type of sunglasses. He certainly came prepared, didn't he??

Yes, looks like wrap around sunglasses. I notice that and posted it 2 days ago. I down loaded the pic in my photo program and played with it a bit. It was very easy to come up with a schematic of his face with an overlay. To the right of the cross and above the solid white line is something that looks like the pentagram heart shape logo the kids are all hot on. Hot Topic has lots of clothing items with this graphic. Also, in photo #7 the hand looks very distinctive. I would recognize one of my loved ones by just that picture of the hand. Hope he has some loved ones..............and they turn him in right away.

scandi
06-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Did you mean from her family? I only got the impression that if anyone out there has seen a change with a member of their family that they describe in the article, like now suddenly driving a different car, etc, then it might be the hardest call you'll ever make, but just do it!

I also have this feeling they know just who he is but can't find him now and don't want to let him know through the media that they know he is the one who killed her. He would run as fast as he could.

Also, Fox had Tiffany's friends on a while ago, and there was nothing said about these girls knowing who the guy is. Only that they were her roomies, and now they think he knows who they are too because of that and are afraid for their safety. I don't blame them a bit. In ordser to get a good story for ratings, I think Greta put this one roomie in jeopardy by taking a break and then have the girl say she thought she knew who he was. B
A D!

Scandi

richandfamous
06-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Scandi...his family.

scandi
06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
YaYa, and thanks richandfamous ;}
That's what I thought.

Scandi

chicoliving
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
A local news reporter said that there was no cash found in her apartment as previously stated. She said that there was a computer valued at $500 that was left behind by the killer.
Thank ya much nanandjim!

raisincharlie
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
I haven't seen all of Faith's tv interviews but in the one I saw on Greta, she did not give a name or identify the subject. Did she accuse someone specifically? If not she has covered her arse legally. As to wondering why the police didn't want to listen....that could be any number of reasons, he could have connection, ie. LE, government, (dog catcher, BTK, just kidding). But never the less, people didn't report BTK for fear of retaliation. Sorry, just thinking out loud...always gets me in trouble.
Anyway, I don't think she has damaged the investigation by talking to media. jmo

I get in trouble for thinking out loud as well ! I quess the truth is I am more disgruntled that the media seeks out people such as this and/or provides an outlet for speculation from people who are not direct witness to the crime. I don't see anything worthy in this - it hasn't resulted in an arrest, it can do nothing positive IMO - this woman's face is now recognizable to a killer, and if what she says is true it makes him more dangerous and more inclined to run...can't see anything positive out of her speculation. If she is wrong and has provided a name that ends up being investigated I see considerable potential for harm. Consider me jaded - IMO its the 15 minutes of fame thing.

mssheila
06-05-2006, 12:41 PM
This person that Faith is pointing her finger at is now, on Fox News, being called a "serial stalker". She's opened a can of worms here. Innocent or guilty, he knows who he is, just from the detailed descriptions of conversations she's personally had with him. Here's what he knows about her.

1. He knows where she works and who she is.
2. He knows what she looks like.

Whether he's the killer or not, he could be looking for some retaliation. I'm sure she's been told to cover her bases. Not go to the charity office, etc... I hope she's listening.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
To the right of the cross and above the solid white line is something that looks like the pentagram heart shape logo the kids are all hot on. Hot Topic has lots of clothing items with this graphic...I hadn't noticed that in the photos but my son has clothes with a graphic that sounds like what you might be referring to. It's from skateboarder (and MTV show star), Bam Margera. (I think that he might skate for Element.) It also seems to appear on CD covers by the band H.I.M., (in which I believe Bam's brother is a member but I don't remember - ETA: No, his brother's band is CKY; H.I.M. is just one of Bam's favorite bands). In any case, is this the symbol?

Amazon.com: Love Metal: Music: H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007CYEFS/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prodimg_16/002-9817372-3774420?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174)

Amazon: Listmania! - View List "The Heartagram Collection: Everything Bam Margera & HIM" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullview/2LLGGZGETY7RT/002-9817372-3774420?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

Bam Margera - Heartagram Products (http://store.freestyleshop.com/bammahepr.html)

Bam Margera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bam_Margera)

ETA: Actually, it appears that the heartagram initially belonged to the "love metal" band, H.I.M. "Bam is a fan of, friend of, and occasional video director for HIM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIM_%28band%29)'s frontman, Ville Valo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ville_Valo). Bam has licensed the band's logo, the heartagram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartagram) (a pentagram (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram) with two points curved to incorporate a heart symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_%28Symbolism_and_Metaphor%29)), for personal use. Bam has had himself tattooed with the heartagram."

"According to H.I.M. front man, Ville Valo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ville_Valo), the heartagram represents both love (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love) and death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death). The balance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance) of hate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate) and love (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love), the two main themes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme) in life, is a common theme in Valo's lyrics ... Fans use the heartagram to represent both HIM and Bam Margera.

It is wrongly believed by some people that the heartagram is associated with satanism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism), but Ville Valo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ville_Valo) denies these claims."

Heartagram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartagram)

englishleigh
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
This person that Faith is pointing her finger at is now, on Fox News, being called a "serial stalker". She's opened a can of worms here. Innocent or guilty, he knows who he is, just from the detailed descriptions of conversations she's personally had with him. Here's what he knows about her.

1. He knows where she works and who she is.
2. He knows what she looks like.

Whether he's the killer or not, he could be looking for some retaliation. I'm sure she's been told to cover her bases. Not go to the charity office, etc... I hope she's listening.

I could have sworn that this morning I heard her say, "this person, PAT...." Did she name the person or was the reporter she was talking to named Pat? It was on Fox News and I don't think there is anyone on there named Pat?? I remember going "whoa" when I heard her say that....she is nuts to name the guy if she did.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-05-2006, 01:52 PM
This is the last photo taken acc to the times shown, and he is back a bit further from the camera. Is he sitting in his car? Out here you don't drive up to an ATM machine, but rather walk up to it.Yes, he's in his car. We don't have many of them, but drive-up ATM's are available near me.

mssheila
06-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I didn't hear the "Pat" thing, but I know they've had Pat Brown, the profiler, on with her many times to discuss his 'profile'.

englishleigh
06-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I didn't hear the "Pat" thing, but I know they've had Pat Brown, the profiler, on with her many times to discuss his 'profile'.

OK...I don't remember if she was in on this segment, but she may have been.

FOX NEWS ALERT...THEY ARE NOW SAYING THE KILLER MAY HAVE DEFENSIVE WOUNDS.

mssheila
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm sure he would. In a strangling, the victim would scratch and claw just out of instinct to live. They'd scratch like mad for the ability to breathe. I wonder why this would be a fox news alert.

englishleigh
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm sure he would. In a strangling, the victim would scratch and claw just out of instinct to live. They'd scratch like mad for the ability to breathe. I wonder why this would be a fox news alert.

I guess the coroner just said it today. And you know FNC. :rolleyes:
I wonder if this was another reason the killer had his face shielded and seemed to be covered up from head to toe....to hide the wounds....

less0305
06-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Probably to let people know that if they have some suspicion as to who it may be that if this person has wounds on his hands or arms or face - it would be the icing on the cake to make someone call in and give a tip. And if someone were to try to hide those marks in the hot weather we've been having, it's going to look pretty stupid and obvious!

mssheila
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Coming up on Abrams, they're going to be talking to Faith again. Dan's teaser "Coming up, a woman who knows who killed Tiffany Souers says she knows who the killer is, so why are the police ignoring her tips?"
ETA: Faith was not on. It was a reporter from the area and Clint Van Zandt
In case anyone doesn't catch this segment, he re-runs in 2 hours.

mssheila
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Here is the over all tone of the Abrams segment.

The police have identified and ruled out this man that Faith is purporting as her murderer. The police have asked reporters to lay off the Faith story.:hand:
Faith needs to now get a good attorney, IMO.

ETA: On Catherine Crier, right after Abrams, Faith was on talking about how she doesn't care if the police have 'ruled him out'.... she wants absolute proof that it is not him. DNA etc....:banghead:

I don't know what to think about this woman! The police have told the media to stop reporting on her. I think she's detracting from other tips coming in. She's taking the focus away from other suspects. How many people might think "Oh, I saw so and so with scratches, and i know he has a bandana like that, but Faith knows who the REAL killer is... I don't need to call".

She might even bring possible harm to herself. She is running someone's name through the mud (might not be much of a 'name') but he doesn't deserve to be called a murderer AT LEAST unless he's charged.It sounds like the police have CLEARED him. On Abrams, they suggested that he was cleared through some definitive means..... yet Faith keeps on.

concernedperson
06-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Obviously, she is wrong. She needs to back off or she will be sued. If LE isn't qualifying her insinuations and they are vocal about it....she needs to be on her way.

The problem I have had with her comments is this person is a bother to a lot of people. He irritates them with sexual innuendo just like a lot of buffoons. A true SK will be a little more subtle.They will deflect in other "charming" ways. Not all have the savvy as Ted Bundy but they are socioathic and can figure out a weak/vulnerable area. Maybe they use religion...BTK, maybe they use victimology....Ted Bundy, maybe they use drugs or rides....Keith Jesperson,maybe they use blunt force because they can and don't even know the victim...Derrick Todd Lee. In other words, they will use what suits their own MO.

LaMer
06-05-2006, 07:45 PM
http://www.cluttercottage.com/suspect5.jpg

As an experiment I tried drawing in face lines from one of the pics on the internet to see how much of a face could be guessed from the vague outlines I imagined I saw.

The jawline and head shape were the most evident. From another pic I could see the rough shape of his right ear which appeared to be small but to sticky-out a little more than average. The nose I thought I saw sticking out a little extra also. The rest I was mostly guessing.

The forehead just above the eyes looked to be constricted from tension.

This guy looked to me to be either muscular or heavy set or a combination of both as his right arm seemed to fill out the jacket he was wearing quite fully, yet his fingers in one of the other pics did not seem fat. I am guessing he lifts weights or works out some.

This is probably an exercise in finding shapes in clouds; too bad there is not some computer program that is designed to "xray" by subtracting the bandanas.

I'm a day late here.

I just viewed the pics. After I enlarged them, I thought of gego's drawing, particulary the shape of the face. Looks to me to be very close to what I can tell from the outline of the bandana on the guy's face. What do you think?

Beyond Belief
06-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Her mother will be on Fox, in a few minutes with some new information.

mssheila
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
FOX NEWS ALERT:

Prosecutor says there will be "significant news" for the public momentarily..... I hope they caught the guy

nanandjim
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
FOX NEWS ALERT:

Prosecutor says there will be "significant news" for the public momentarily..... I hope they caught the guy
Thanks. I wonder what it is... :waitasec:

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 09:27 AM
FOX NEWS ALERT:

Oh, please, God!!! I pray they've got him.

nanandjim
06-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, please, God!!! I pray they've got him.
I haven't heard anything yet. You would think that they would break in with one of their "News Alerts" if it were anything important, like an arrest.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I haven't heard anything yet. You would think that they would break in with one of their "News Alerts" if it were anything important, like an arrest.

I'm watching now...could they be waiting on a press conference from Clemson? Maybe they (at Fox) are not sure what the news is and haven't been told yet how it will be relayed.

gaia
06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Exactly! You'd think there'd be no messing around if the guy was in custody and we'd get the info pronto! Probably just another "hype" from Fox!;)

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Exactly! You'd think there'd be no messing around if the guy was in custody and we'd get the info pronto! Probably just another "hype" from Fox!;)

I hope not. They shouldn't announce something like that and then leave us hanging. They make me so mad sometimes. I will continue to watch as I go about my morning and hope it wasn't just hype.

mssheila
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm watching now...could they be waiting on a press conference from Clemson? Maybe they (at Fox) are not sure what the news is and haven't been told yet how it will be relayed.
It sounds like it's probably a press conference LE is calling.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Now they are saying that LE is just "providing more clues".....

opme
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
I hadn't noticed that in the photos but my son has clothes with a graphic that sounds like what you might be referring to. It's from skateboarder (and MTV show star), Bam Margera. (I think that he might skate for Element.) It also seems to appear on CD covers by the band H.I.M., (in which I believe Bam's brother is a member but I don't remember - ETA: No, his brother's band is CKY; H.I.M. is just one of Bam's favorite bands). In any case, is this the symbol?

Amazon.com: Love Metal: Music: H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007CYEFS/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prodimg_16/002-9817372-3774420?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174)

I don;t think that is what the design is on the bandana.. I think it looks more like a blade or dagger like design.. its almost cross like at the hilt and then a blade pointing forward towards the camera. I loked on a number of websites that design these and couldn;t find anything similar.. maybe its motorcylce related or sounds crazy like a pirates blade or something..

I did notice the comment about the tee shirt having a wing ..like a harley design .. many of the motorcycle groups in the area use a simliar eagle or wing design on their logos... maybe he has some connection to a group like that or has purchased a clothing item of thise nature from a shop in the area...

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I don;t think that is what the design is on the bandana.. I think it looks more like a blade or dagger like design.. I don't see the heartagram either but richandfamous mentioned something about seeing it. So I was just providing what I know about that symbol.

I think that the motorcycle logos are a good possibility.

opme
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
The other thing that I noticed about the bandana is that its completely centered... notice that the lines come to a point that is dead center like he took the time to tie it in a particular way.. rather than a quick disguise that is tied quickly and possibly askew...

I have looked a bunch of sites and can't find any bandana designs even close.. which says this is a pretty unique design and likely to be a good lead.. at least thats my hopeful thinking...maybe someone will recognize it as one belonging to a family member or friend..

LaMer
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
It sounds like it's probably a press conference LE is calling.

Hi!

I'm wondering if FOX isn't trying to keep up tuned in ;) today.

Last evening FOX stated LE would have more info on Wednesday. Today, MSNBC is reporting Wedesday.

And Fox is still saying today :waitasec:

scandi
06-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I was the one who mentioned what I saw on the T-shirt looked like it was a Harley wing. LOL

I wonder if this guy is a biker or a biker wanna be? The wrapping of both bandannas and the long sleeve shirt unbuttoned in front and at the cuffs seem to me of being condusive to the way a biker would fix himself. Like all protected and covered up from the wind. Only at this place the guy doesn't have to deal with any wind so he didn't have to button up.

Scandi

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I think the killer was trying to project an image. Meaning if thats so, this whole thing was planned ahead of time.
I believe they think the man arrested from her complex, is the person.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 02:59 PM
I think the killer was trying to project an image. Meaning if thats so, this whole thing was planned ahead of time.
I believe they think the man arrested from her complex, is the person.

Did I miss something? That wouldn't unusual. What man arrested from her complex?

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
But didn't they let the guy from her complex go on $30,000 bail? That would be ridiculously low if they thought he was a murderer, IMO. His bail amount gives me the impression that it's not him.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Did I miss something? That wouldn't unusual. What man arrested from her complex?While investigating the murder, they apparently arrested a guy that they believe was responsible for an unrelated sexual assault about a month ago. I think that this is the guy being referred to.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 03:08 PM
While investigating the murder, they apparently arrested a guy that they believe was responsible for an unrelated sexual assault about a month ago. I think that this is the guy being referred to.

Oh, ok...Gotcha. Thanks.

Angels_Not_Forgotten
06-06-2006, 04:07 PM
But didn't they let the guy from her complex go on $30,000 bail? That would be ridiculously low if they thought he was a murderer, IMO. His bail amount gives me the impression that it's not him.
if there is no solid evidence, maybe he was jailed on a past offense or some petty one from recent. that could be why bail was so low. dont know though :( was the name of the guy released?

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Likely they released him b/c they didn't have enough evidence on him for Tiffany's murder at that time, but you can bet he is being watched....

kato
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Some show I forgot (maybe Greta) showed a couple pics of the guy with girls whose faces were blurred but he looked kinda buggy eyed and creepy. Maybe they were just bad pics. I dunno.

indigomood
06-06-2006, 04:33 PM
if there is no solid evidence, maybe he was jailed on a past offense or some petty one from recent. that could be why bail was so low. dont know though :( was the name of the guy released?
Unrelated Rape Charge Filed Against Man Living Near Souers

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Authorities say a man living in the same apartment complex where a Clemson University student was found strangled last week has been charged with a rape a month earlier.

An arrest warrant said Central Police arrested 25-year-old Stephen David Kudika Jr. on Wednesday and charged him with first-degree criminal sexual conduct charges for an attack at The Reserve Apartments on April 20.

more at link... http://www.wyff4.com/news/9310080/detail.html

ETA - Regarding Mr. Kudika... He has not been convicted of any crime. He may be innocent, and thats important to remember. If he has no involvement in the Souers case, it's a shame his name was released in connection with it.

LNL
06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
News conference scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/NEWS01/60606012

LNL
06-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Foxnews story announcing press conference.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198433,00.html

Pharlap
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Just on Fox 40-50 year old man charged with the killing.
On the loose.
Picture of the man was on fox.
But no where on the net as of yet.....

concernedperson
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Boy, was I wrong. This dude named Ingram has had arrest warrents filed against him. He is a sex offender. Nothing in print yet. He looks to be late 30's or 40's. Prosecutors are saying this is a forensic case. Gottcha dude, DNA is so wonderful!!!!!!!

Here is his pic. Ugly dude.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/jadeslove/JerryBuckInman.jpg

Inman is correct spelling

Vet4Bush
06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Jerry Buck Inman from Tennessee?

concernedperson
06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Jerry Buck Inman from Tennessee?

Yes, here are his stats.

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/OffenderFlyer.asp?keys=53230

LNL
06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
From www.greenvilleonline.com

Warrants issued for Souers suspect
Suspect linked to slaying through DNA evidence

Published: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 - 4:21 pm
Last updated: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 - 8:06 Pm

NEWS STAFF

Authorities have issued warrants in the slaying of Tiffany Marie Souers, Thirteenth Circuit Solicitor Bob Ariail announced at an evening press conference.

Warrants charge Jerry Buck Inman, 35, with murder, criminal sexual conduct in the first degree and kidnapping. He is not in custody.

more at link...........

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I bet he'll be in custody before daybreak. Great work, Clemson police!!! :clap: :clap:

Vet4Bush
06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
A construction worker, drive a Camarro or Econoline van.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
This just makes me sick b/c this is another animal who never should have been out of prison. How many more innocent adults and kids have to die before we get tougher on sentencing? :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
so where does the car they spotted at the bank come in

concernedperson
06-06-2006, 08:59 PM
I bet he'll be in custody before daybreak. Great work, Clemson police!!! :clap: :clap:

Just need to check tomorrow on my construction site in Atlanta tomorrow. We have new crews starting in the a.m.Perfect opportunity for a newbie.With that said anyone who thinks someone could be in the metro Atlanta area please let me know. I am a bulldog with this kind of stuff and I am watching constantly.

I certainly hope this guy is apprehended shortly. I don't think this one has the parental influence or protection as now this is a loner.One who has committed prior crimes and has arrests for them. He is on a short sheet. Most have expended their funds in trying to help. He is very dangerous.

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Was in Florida Corrections:Release Date: 09/01/2005

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateReleases/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=726529151

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length12/14/1987SEX BAT/ WPN. OR FORCE09/05/1989HILLSBOROUGH880758330Y 0M 0D 12/14/1987ROBB. GUN/DEADLY WPN09/05/1989HILLSBOROUGH880758330Y 0M 0D 12/14/1987BURGLARY,ARMED W/EXP. OR WEAPO09/05/1989HILLSBOROUGH880758330Y 0M 0D 12/14/1987GRAND THEFT MOTOR VEHICLE09/05/1989HILLSBOROUGH88075835Y 0M 0D 12/14/1987KIDNAP;COMM.OR FAC.FELONY09/05/1989HILLSBOROUGH880758330Y 0M 0D 12/14/1987AGG ASSLT-W/WPN NO INTENT TO K

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Do we know if this horrid waste of space was in prison when Brooke Holsenback was killed in 1997? I hope they can link him to her murder as well. And maybe others in the area.

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Looks like he didn't get out til 05 from the 89 deal.

mssheila
06-06-2006, 09:26 PM
This guy makes my skin crawl just looking at his picture. Yet another example of someone who should NEVER have been released. The price? A beautiful, young, vibrant young woman MURDERED. :furious: :furious: :furious:

raisincharlie
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
This just makes me sick b/c this is another animal who never should have been out of prison. How many more innocent adults and kids have to die before we get tougher on sentencing? :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
I wonder when our justice system and all these civil rights activists are going to learn what the animals in the jungle have known forever - a leopard doesn't change his spots, ever.

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 09:39 PM
CP mentioned Atlanta. I think this guy jumped on 85, then 75 and headed back to Florida. I hope they warned the gal who pressed charges to put him away so long that he's running loose and crazy.

The town he was headed too after his release in sept 05 was Dandridge, Tenn.
Do we have any unsolved murders in that area?

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Looks like he didn't get out til 05 from the 89 deal.

Ok.... And then just couldn't wait to rape again and this time he killed someone. He is toast. :banghead: :furious: :furious:

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Greta's saying the LE think he's in Tenn. on the run.

This guy even has a bat tatoo on his neck. I hope he kills himself. After all this is his day 6-6-06

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 10:16 PM
They said his mom and sister saw him earlier today in TN, so he hasn't gotten too far.

Tiffany's dad was on Greta and he said people like him should not be released without a "specific surgical procedure being performed"...my husband said the same thing just a while ago. Castrate these animals!!

michelle
06-06-2006, 10:18 PM
They said his mom and sister saw him earlier today in TN, so he hasn't gotten too far.

Tiffany's dad was on Greta and he said people like him should not be released without a "specific surgical procedure being performed"...my husband said the same thing just a while ago. Castrate these animals!!I agree, I am so tired of hearing these stories over and over.....We need to get stricter!!!!!!!:furious:

LaMer
06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Ouuuu what a slime guy. Imagine what Tiffany must have gone through with this piece of **** good for nothing lowlife scumbag bastard.

Her Mom was on earlier this evening and said Tiffany would have put up a good fight. From what she said, I got the impression she must have injured him in some way. Too bad he wasn't killed. This just scalds me. The $astard should have been in jail never to hurt anyone again with his record, locked up for good.

Everytime I see a picture of Tiffany, and think of this piece of dirt, I get sick to my stomach. That poor poor baby.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Ouuuu what a slime guy. Imagine what Tiffany must have gone through with this piece of **** good for nothing lowlife scumbag bastard.

Her Mom was on earlier this evening and said Tiffany would have put up a good fight. From what she said, I got the impression she must have injured him in some way. Too bad he wasn't killed. This just scalds me. The $astard should have been in jail never to hurt anyone again with his record, locked up for good.

Everytime I see a picture of Tiffany, and think of this piece of dirt, I get sick to my stomach. That poor poor baby.

Agreed. She was so angelic-looking, such a beautiful person inside and out. Makes me sick as a dog that this scum was within 50 feet of her, much less did what he did and ended her precious life. PLEASE, GOD, let them catch this sick SOB ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Just reported that he is with his sister, LE went to her house but they weren't there.
I wonder if he's going to turn himself in............

LaMer
06-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure who it was, but one of the commentators was asking Tiffany's mother if she knew anything about fresh flowers being in Tiffany's apartment. She said, she knew nothing about flowers.

I wonder if this is how this scumbag got her to open the door, by posing he was delivering flowers. Anyone know anything about 'flowers'?

Or do I have this all discombotulated? I could have :waitasec:

LaMer
06-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Agreed. She was so angelic-looking, such a beautiful person inside and out. Makes me sick as a dog that this scum was within 50 feet of her, much less did what he did and ended her precious life. PLEASE, GOD, let them catch this sick SOB ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. she was. So young and innocent with so much to do, so much to see, so much to live. So sad. I just don't understand how why these things happen. Makes one wonder about a lot of things.

I pray she is with the Angels and is in a much better place. My heart goes out to her family, I don't know how they will get through all this. It would kill me.

englishleigh
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Yes. she was. So young and innocent with so much to do, so much to see, so much to live. So sad. I just don't understand how why these things happen. Makes one wonder about a lot of things.

I pray she is with the Angels and is in a much better place. My heart goes out to her family, I don't know how they will get through all this. It would kill me.

Her parents seem incredibly strong despite their horrible loss. To be on national TV as they are this soon after Tiffany's murder is amazing. To have raised such a wonderful, giving, Christian daughter as Tiffany was, you know that they have to have a strong faith themselves...they wil get through this with God's grace and love. They also know that Tiffany is in Jesus' arms and no one can ever hurt her again...and they will be reunited with her someday.

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't remember hearing that LaMer, but that would be a way to get in. What time of night do they think he entered the apt.? Those bank photos seem like its 3 thirty in the morning when he was there.

I was thinking maybe there was a sliding glass door not locked. Her lack of clothing makes me think he broke into her place.

cathieq
06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure if this link will work but:

http://tinyurl.com/khf28
If I'm interpreting this right...he was born in 1970, convicted in NC in 1988 (sexual offense). And let's see 24 infractions + 2 escape attempts, one attempt from jail and an attempt from prison. So he was paroled in 1994, right?

Then on to Florida?

cammy-g
06-06-2006, 10:47 PM
I hope they get this creep quickly!

Has anyone heard on what the DNA connection is?

I thought at first they thought the perp was much younger.

indigomood
06-06-2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.nsopr.gov/

*** OFFENDER INFORMATION ***

Latest information indicates person moved to another state and was not required to register in NC at time of release or conviction.
Registration Status:Out of State
Possible Violations:None Reported

INMAN,JERRY B

Alias Names:
INMAN,JERRY B
INMAN,JERRY BUCK

Photo Date:
SRN:003425S1

Address Information

Reported Date:0
Last Address Verified:No
Street: 475 HARVEY STREET
City: CONSTANTINE
State:MI
Zip:49042
County:OUT OF STATE

Physical and Numeric identifiers

Race: W
Sex: M
Height: 5' 09"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair:BRO
Eyes:BLK
Birth Date(s): 12-19-1970

Scars, Marks, Tattoos:

SC L ARM

Offense and Conviction Information

Registering County: OUT OF STATE
Registration Date:
Conviction Date: 09-26-1988
Release Date: 01-04-1999
NC Statute: 14-27.5 SEX OFFENSE 2ND DEGREE
Sentence Imposed:
CONFINEMENT: 020Y

Court County: 100 - BUNCOMBE , NC

Address History

Reported Date: 01-04-1999
City: CONSTANTINE
State: MI
Zip: 49042
County: Out of State

LaMer
06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Her parents seem incredibly strong despite their horrible loss. To be on national TV as they are this soon after Tiffany's murder is amazing. To have raised such a wonderful, giving, Christian daughter as Tiffany was, you know that they have to have a strong faith themselves...they wil get through this with God's grace and love. They also know that Tiffany is in Jesus' arms and no one can ever hurt her again...and they will be reunited with her someday.

Englishleigh, you are so right, I have marveled at Tiffany's parents' strength. It would have to be one's faith with God's grace and love to be able to endure the pain and loss. Still? It will be a long hard road of loss and suffering. Not only their suffering but how does one deal with knowing what one's child had to suffer before their death? I realize one's faith in God is hugh in the road to dealing with these kinds of things, but still, the hearthache is there and I doubt that ever goes away. Not really.

wondering22
06-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Greta's saying the LE think he's in Tenn. on the run.

This guy even has a bat tatoo on his neck. I hope he kills himself. After all this is his day 6-6-06

He's got so many tatoos, over half a dozen, at least.

Beyond Belief
06-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Can anyone make sense of the arrest records? Looks like more time because of escapes. I didn't see a date on the Fl records for an offense in Florida.

nanandjim
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
...I was thinking maybe there was a sliding glass door not locked. Her lack of clothing makes me think he broke into her place.
I think that he broke into her place and was there waiting in the dark. He caught her off-guard. Did you hear that there is security at those apartments, and each apartment is equipped with a panic button. She obviously didn't have time to get to the panic button.

indigomood
06-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Inman has been caught! Fox News...

Beyond Belief
06-07-2006, 12:31 AM
hurray.............

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/NEWS01/60607001

Beyond Belief
06-07-2006, 12:34 AM
fOX NEWS ANNOUNCING
JERRY BUCK INMAN.....CAUGHT...

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060606/NEWS01/60607001

Tennessee authorities took into custody early this morning a bald, tattoo-covered construction worker linked by DNA evidence to the sexual assault and slaying of Tiffany Marie Souers, authorities said.

Jerry Buck Inman, a 35-year-old construction worker who is a registered sex offender with felony records in North Carolina and Florida, was identified on Tuesday as the suspect wanted in connection with the slaying of the Clemson University junior.

Sheriff David Davenport in Jefferson County, Tenn., told The Greenville News that Inman was in custody early Wednesday. Other than confirming the arrest, he declined to provide details about how Inman was captured and whether there was a struggle.

The News interviewed Inman’s mother, Vera McArthur, late Tuesday night. She told the newspaper that she saw her son earlier in the day at their home in Dandridge, Tenn. She said she had no idea that South Carolina authorities were looking for him.

Inman’s parents told Tennessee authorities that Inman had gone to his sister’s nearby home, said 13th Circuit Solicitor Bob Ariail. He said Inman wasn’t there.

“We have that house staked out,” he said late Tuesday. “We think he’s coming back there.”

Warrants listing charges of murder, kidnapping and first-degree criminal sexual conduct have been issued against Inman in connection with Souers’ slaying, Ariail said.

annemc2
06-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Awesome! Thanks, BB!

indigomood
06-07-2006, 01:02 AM
GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Investigators have caught the man they believe killed Clemson junior Tiffany Souers.

Jerry Buck Inman, was jailed Tuesday night in Jefferson County, Tenn.He was captured, without a struggle, about midnight about a mile from his parents' home, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office told WYFF News 4.
Inman has been charged with murder, criminal sexual conduct in the first degree and kidnapping in Souer's death at her apartment on May 26.

Ariail confirmed Tuesday for the first time that Souers was sexually assaulted.

A Long Criminal History

Public records show that Inman has a criminal record dating back almost 20 years.

North Carolina records show that he was convicted of a second degree sexual offense in Buncombe County in 1988 when he was 18 years old, and that he escaped from prison twice, once in Buncombe County and once in Montgomery County.

Florida records show that he was convicted of sexual battery, armed robbery, burglary and aggravated assault in 1989 for an offense committed in 1987.

more at link (http://www.kirotv.com/news/9332607/detail.html)

Releasing new details of the investigation, Ariail said Tuesday that Souers' wrists were bound.more at link (http://www.greenvilleonline.com/app...NEWS01/60606012)

Beyond Belief
06-07-2006, 02:10 AM
sure glad they got him!

GREENVILLE, South Carolina (AP) -- A registered sex offender wanted in the death of a Clemson University student who was strangled with her bikini top was captured late Tuesday in Tennessee, officials said.

Jerry Buck Inman, who was wanted on arrest warrants for murder, rape and kidnapping, was taken into custody during a traffic stop about a mile from his parents' home in Dandridge, Tennessee, Sheriff David Davenport said.

Inman was being taken to the county jail. No other details of his arrest were immediately released.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/07/student.killed.ap/index.html

SCmomof2
06-07-2006, 08:13 AM
sure glad they got him!

GREENVILLE, South Carolina (AP) -- A registered sex offender wanted in the death of a Clemson University student who was strangled with her bikini top was captured late Tuesday in Tennessee, officials said.

Jerry Buck Inman, who was wanted on arrest warrants for murder, rape and kidnapping, was taken into custody during a traffic stop about a mile from his parents' home in Dandridge, Tennessee, Sheriff David Davenport said.

Inman was being taken to the county jail. No other details of his arrest were immediately released.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/07/student.killed.ap/index.htmlGLAD they caught him!! I wonder if the picture in this link is his recent mug shot, notice the scratch on his face. not only was he wearing those bandannas to hide his face but to cover up his tattooed neck. It says he has tats on his hands too, that would explaine the jacket or long sleeve shirt he had on covering his hands.

LOCK HIM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!

concernedperson
06-07-2006, 08:19 AM
His mother was interviewed last night and says her son is bi-polar and suicidal. Where have we heard that before?These denial moms jump at that excuse for their pitiful horrific sons. Sad!

cbcrime
06-07-2006, 08:44 AM
This whole incident brings out a potential problem that I think all college campuses can have. I realize he was a construction worker at an off campus site. However, how many campuses have construction going on while students are there? How many of those companies do background checks? What and who are our children being exposed to you? In addition many campuses have auxiliary services such as food service. Do those companies do background checks? Pre-employment screening for actual college employees is probably pretty good - but what about those employers associated with the college? Just my thoughts and an area I think of concern.

Pharlap
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Great news
And great work from all the law inforcement, plus
people calling the tip line.....
:clap:
One question, is this the person that Faith told the cops about?

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm so glad this scum is in custody. I had a feeling they'd get him last night. South Carolina, have at him!! He should never see the light of day again and should have a date with a needle.

Myserty64
06-07-2006, 09:01 AM
He should never have been 'out' in the first place.

When are the idiots who free this type of garbage going to realise they can never be rehabilitated. Their decision cost Tiffany Souers her life.

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Boy, was I wrong. This dude named Ingram has had arrest warrents filed against him. He is a sex offender.OMG, another one that should never have been let go! I cannot believe that beautiful, kind-hearted Tiffany spent her last moments with this monster. And the world is left with HIM while mourning HER!!!! Things are ridiculously backwards!

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I really admire Tiffany's parents, especially the dad. He came so close this morning to calling Inman a piece of sh** on national news. They have been so strong publicly and Tiffany would be proud of them. My hearts go out to them and I have added their family to several prayer lists I am a part of. God love them and be with them.

This animal was just shown on Fox being arraigned in TN just a while ago...he waived extradition to SC....he is horrid-looking...just a monster. Poor, sweet Tiffany. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Edited to add: Does anyone know of a memorial website for Tiffany or a place where we can leave messages of condolence for her family and friends?

Angels_Not_Forgotten
06-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I am SO SO glad they caught him, I watched NG last night and was terrified to even go outside and have a smoke!

OriginalJerseyGirl
06-07-2006, 09:15 AM
He's also charged with kidnapping? I can understand unlawful detention (or whatever term it might be labeled), but I don't understand kidnapping. Is there more to this story?

Someone asked about the DNA connection. I, too, find that intriguing. I imagine that the DNA was retrieved from Tiffany herself, and that when it was run through the database, they got the link to this scum from his prior sex crime arrest. I imagine that that's why he took the sheets. I imagine that he somehow thought he'd get away with this?

What a maniac - looking at his record, I cannot believe for a second that he was ever let go. It is obvious to me, and probably to all of us here, that this guy was not looking to "get better". This is disgusting.

englishleigh
06-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I am SO SO glad they caught him, I watched NG last night and was terrified to even go outside and have a smoke!

I was scared, too...we are in Alabama. I usually go out and say goodnight to our puppy in our fenced back yard and I made my husband check on him last night. I didn't want to go outside alone. Thank God they got him.