PDA

View Full Version : Searching For Anna Book: Download and Comments

Dr. Doogie
06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Here is the link to download the book Searching For Anna by Michaele Benedict (Annnasmom):

http://home.earthlink.net/~drdoogief/ (http://home.earthlink.net/~drdoogief/)

It is not a PDF as originally advertised - I was having way too many issues converting it to a PDF, so the file is a Microsoft Word document.

One quick note: Chapter 20 is the chapter that summarizes the activities here on Websleuths. Unfortunately, the chapter is still a work in progress and as a result, it is incomplete and difficult to read or follow (besides that, it is perfect!). A revised version with a completely rewritten / re-edited Chapter 20 will be forthcoming in a few weeks, but I did not want to hold up the availability of this download because of my obsessive-compulsive desire for perfection.

Please use this thread for general comments/critiques/suggestions about the book. If you have specific questions about the details, please post those questions in the appropriate existing threads to help maintain a coherent organization to the forum.

Enjoy!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Annasmom
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Here is the link to download the book Searching For Anna by Michaele Benedict (Annnasmom):

Doogie has done a wonderful job of putting photographs and illustrations right in the text they apply to, and those of you who have requested more pictures will find them here.

LinasK
06-07-2006, 10:27 PM

It is not a PDF as originally advertised - I was having way too many issues converting it to a PDF, so the file is a Microsoft Word document.

One quick note: Chapter 20 is the chapter that summarizes the activities here on Websleuths. Unfortunately, the chapter is still a work in progress and as a result, it is incomplete and difficult to read or follow (besides that, it is perfect!). A revised version with a completely rewritten / re-edited Chapter 20 will be forthcoming in a few weeks, but I did not want to hold up the availability of this download because of my obsessive-compulsive desire for perfection.

Please use this thread for general comments/critiques/suggestions about the book. If you have specific questions about the details, please post those questions in the appropriate existing threads to help maintain a coherent organization to the forum.

Doogie, to make a multi-page .pdf file, you should get Adobe Acrobat. With that it's a snap to make one... It comes with the Creative Suite with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, all fantastic programs!

annemc2
06-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Eek - I'm already on chapter 11 and had to force myself to stop so I could go outside and get some things done before it gets dark! Annasmom, I had no idea you are a writer! Your prose and poetry are beautiful and haunting at the same time. Especially poingnant is the poem you were working on the day Anna disappeared. I also like the letters and telegrams interspersed throughout - it's so interesting to hear all the different thoughts and perspectives. Thanks so much for sharing your manuscript with us - I think it's a great way to get Anna's story out, and it's a pleasure to read.

ps-I love hearing details about Anna and all her endearing quirks (ie the LO letters) - what a funny little munchkin!

laini
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I am having trouble opening it on my computer beyond the cover page with Anna's pic. Can anybody help? :confused:

kyresearcher
06-08-2006, 12:28 AM
I am having trouble opening it on my computer beyond the cover page with Anna's pic. Can anybody help? :confused:I am having the same problem. So if someone can step us throught this it would be apprecaited.

SherlockJr
06-08-2006, 04:07 AM
:HappyBday Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Annasmom. Happy Birthday to you. May the dear Lord bless you, in ALL that you do. May Jesus and Mary, smile down upon you. :HappyBday

dottierainbow
06-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Me 3. Maybe I don't have program to open it with?:confused:
Amy

I am having the same problem. So if someone can step us throught this it would be apprecaited.

SherlockJr
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
It is now 7:30 am and I have finished reading. I have tears and a lump in my throat. I have written notes which I will address after getting some sleep. Beautiful work Mikie! Nite all.

mjak
06-08-2006, 10:49 AM
I can't open it either :(. It wants me to fill out an ownership window for mircrosoft windows 2003!! I dont' own that. Help please.

mjak

Dr. Doogie
06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Doogie, to make a multi-page .pdf file, you should get Adobe Acrobat. With that it's a snap to make one... It comes with the Creative Suite with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, all fantastic programs!I ran the Word.doc through Acrobat and several flow issues arose (chapters starting mid page, photos being cut off, etc). My afore-mentioned OCD led me to post the Word.doc itself instead of the PDF. Part of the problem is the manuscript was written on a MAC, edited on two different PC's with different versions of Word, then distilled into a PDF on a third PC - all a receipe for disaster.

For all of you that are having file issues, I will post a seperate link at the same website for the download of the flawed PDF file. Sorry that so many are having problems. Please let me know if this solves the issues.

Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm to view the manuscript!

mjak
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks Doogie, I am now reading the book. I have to say this. The resembalnce between Anna and the little girl in the synergy photo is exstrodinary!!! Every picture I have seen of in Anna in this manuscript brings me back to that Synergy girl. I even pulled both pictures up and stared at them. What a resembalance.

mjak

Dr. Doogie
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Is anybody still having problems accessing the book?

laini
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I am still having trouble. I tried using the pdf file. It said "downloading.." and then "done". But the page is blank. Any ideas?

annemc2
06-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I opened mine with Open Office (www.openoffice.org) - you can download it for free if you're in a hurry to read the book (which you probably are!).

mjak
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
I downloaded mine to a flashdisk using the PDF file and it worked great.
- Mjak

mysteriew
06-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I opened mine on wordpad and it is working great. I am not done reading yet though.

kyresearcher
06-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Yes, I am reading it now, thanks to Sherlock. She sent me an email and told me how to get in.

What a read, I know if Anna reads this book she is bound to remember something that will stir the memories of her childhood when she was with her mom and Joe. So glad you made notes and had all this recorded to put in your book. Annasmom you are an amazing mother. When the book is printed I want a copy of it, I can't wait to send you a check for it, please let me know when it is released.........

LinasK
06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Doogie, I'm able to open both the Word versions and the .pdf...

gardenmom
06-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks Annasmom and Doogie. I have saved it to my documents and will read it soon. Been busy getting ready to move, but I do still check in here.

GraceBlue
06-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Wow wonderful book! I read it this morning. It was so touching, espcially when Annasmom told little stories of Anna. My heart broke when I saw her handprint.

One question/confusion I do have...when Anna dissappeared, it was mentioned in the book that the dog, Saturn didn't bark. Later in the book, when Annasbro remembered the 'couple in the car' he mentioned he had to "settle the dog" was Saturn barking at the couple? Perhaps, Saturn knew the abductor (if there is one) that took Anna right from her yard and didnt bark?

laini
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
After several hours of downloading adobe last night until 3 a.m., I was able to download the pdf. (thx dr. doogie for the obvious suggestion:) )

It was well worth the trouble and wait. I can't wait to read your story, Annasmom. Thanks for sharing with us.

rideforfun
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I've finished the book. Thanks so much -- it is very powerful. I will reread again this weekend and note my questions. I pray for everyone involved.

Dr. Doogie
06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
One question/confusion I do have...when Anna dissappeared, it was mentioned in the book that the dog, Saturn didn't bark. Later in the book, when Annasbro remembered the 'couple in the car' he mentioned he had to "settle the dog" was Saturn barking at the couple? Perhaps, Saturn knew the abductor (if there is one) that took Anna right from her yard and didnt bark?
Interesting question! Annasmom, do you know where Saturn was during the five-minute window of time that Anna disappeared?

Dr. Doogie
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
After several hours of downloading adobe last night until 3 a.m., I was able to download the pdf. (thx dr. doogie for the obvious suggestion:) )
Stating the obvious is my specialty. :rolleyes: Glad you were able to access the file.

Dr. Doogie
06-09-2006, 04:47 PM
I've finished the book. Thanks so much -- it is very powerful. I will reread again this weekend and note my questions.
One of our hopes is that the book will raise questions and angles of investigation that we have not explored yet. Please feel free to post those questions under the appropriate thread (just to keep the information on the forum logically organized).

Thanks for the kind words about the book - Annasmom has done a fantastic job in documenting not only the facts, but the emotions of the search also. The manuscript is ultimately a 160 page love-letter from a mother to a daughter that she has not seen for thirty three years. If Anna reads the book, I know that she will be proud of how her family has searched for her all of these years.

Annasmom
06-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Interesting question! Annasmom, do you know where Saturn was during the five-minute window of time that Anna disappeared?
I can't really remember for sure. I believe he was in the fenced back yard. Anna was pretty good about closing gates behind her (country girl training), so if she went up to the road to get the mail, she may well have shut him in the yard. At any rate, we heard no barking that I recall. Things just got very quiet all of a sudden. As I have said before, Saturn was just a youngster and didn't always bark at things an adult would have barked at.

smile22
06-09-2006, 08:01 PM
have yet to read the book but will this weekend since i am finaly off from work till monday. i was reading the first page of this thread on the book and someone mentioned that the dog was kinda not settled the first time he saw the people in the car annas brother was the dog barking was he happy? did he have the look of fear on him.? what if those same people came back to take anna and beacuse the dog was settled down he saw these people again and thought nothing of them beacuse he saw them before and they semed to be harmless

LadyCat
06-10-2006, 02:27 AM
I've been lurking and reading this forum for month or so now. I have prayed that you will find your daughter or that she will find you. Your book (which I'm still reading) is amazing, and is a wonderful document. I'm sure it will spark something and perhaps provide another step on the way to finding a resolution to this long mystery.

(as an aside, I noticed that you refered in Chapter 20 to Doug posting on WebSearch'. I know you said this chapter is still being worked on, so I wondered if this was supposed to read 'WebSleuths'?

The section reads: After some months, Doug started a thread under “Cold Cases” on WebSearch, an Internet bulletin board which calls itself a “crime sleuthing community”, with more than 5700 members. )

SadieJane
06-10-2006, 03:49 AM
I have only just begun to read it, but I must give my applause to Anna's Mom! Great job! I feel like I got to "meet" Anna in a way. She was such a unique and wonderful little girl. This book will be such a gift to her when you meet again, so she will know all you & your family did to find her.

It was so eerie to hear Brody telling you to let Anna stay with him when you had a cold so she wouldn't be "contaminated." Seeing pictures of him just gives me the creeps. He has a spooky vibe, even in photos. It's truly upsetting to read about how he came to command George Waters's mind as his sickness worsened. I am also struck by what a little window there was for Anna's abduction to take place. It's every parent's nightmare.

Also, I know this has been mentioned before (at least I think I know... lol) but Anna's Mom, you don't remember any of the other names Brody suggested for Anna, right?

Annasmom
06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
(as an aside, I noticed that you refered in Chapter 20 to Doug posting on WebSearch'. I know you said this chapter is still being worked on, so I wondered if this was supposed to read 'WebSleuths'?

The section reads: After some months, Doug started a thread under “Cold Cases” on WebSearch, an Internet bulletin board which calls itself a “crime sleuthing community”, with more than 5700 members. )

Thank you, LadyCat! That one slipped by us. Yes, it should be WebSleuths.

Annasmom
06-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Also, I know this has been mentioned before (at least I think I know... lol) but Anna's Mom, you don't remember any of the other names Brody suggested for Anna, right?
I can't be sure, but one was "Christiana Benedo". I'm not positive of the spelling.

HeartofTexas
06-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I can't be sure, but one was "Christiana Benedo".
The name Christiana Benedo sounds very Italian, which would be in keeping with Brody's real name being Anthony Giordano. I wonder if Christina or Christine, or some variation thereof, could be the name of his mother, and possibly Benedo (Benito?) was her maiden name. I'll do some checking on Ancestry.com to see if I can find anything like that. Many times Italian sons are very close with their moms, so it could have been a way for him to pay tribute to her.

Annasmom
06-10-2006, 12:54 PM
HoT, I was thinking the same thing. Closest name I found was Benito also.
I'm pretty sure it was Benedo--kind of taken from my maiden name. I hated the made-up name, I remember. His object was to come up with his "magic 27", according to his system of numerology (which apparently is unlike any other system Websleuthers have come across), so I don't think he was looking at a family name here. More like coming up with something I would accept that still put him in control. As you see, I resisted--up to a point.

smile22
06-10-2006, 01:28 PM
in the book this stood out to me

there was a panel truck a youngish driver and an older passanger driving towards the ocean i thought they were mighty friendly for strangers

sometime between one and two i heard anna in the glased in porch me and joe used as a bedroom i heard anna talking at about two talking to the cats

what was she saying to the cats? was it talk she would have said to the cats or was it human talk she would have said to someone else. is it possible someone opend up the door and took anna or she saw some strangers and opend up the door for them beacuse they have said were here to see your parents and they may have told her not to get u or joe? could the people in the panel truck have been both males and one of them was brody and waters or could one of them have been brody with another male or was it a female in the car. did this friend of yours know what brody and waters looked like? i think the panel car has to be looked at first annas brother said the car had washington plates a man and a women in the car. and they wouldnt get in the car. now think like a kidnaper ive spoken to all the children they wouldnt get into the car our plan was to get anna maybe that day or scout her out get a feel for how she acts towards strangers and stuff. knowing that her and her brothers saw the car with the washington plates they wouldnt come back with the same car and plates that would give away to much and easy trace what i think they did was borrow a car or rented one for the second time they came so they wouldnt look suspicus had her brothers had been around. assuming that these people took anna

annasmom or joe did anything pan out from the clicks on the telephone annas mom u said that u mentioned that to the police but they didnt seem suprised?

mysteriew
06-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Has the police file arrived yet?
When I read about clicks on the phone and police not being surprised, I wondered if maybe the phone had been tapped by police. And that could have been why they were so reluctant to turn the file over.

laini
06-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Annasmom, I just finished reading Searching For Anna. For lack of better words, it really touched my heart. Thank you again for sharing your story.

smile22
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM
still reading it very very intresting book. something that also stood out from the book was the footprint was it small or rather large maybe the people who took anna wanted to leave the sock and footprint as a means to lead the search in the water and not on land i think they were doing that so that the police could say we think she went into the water but then we cant find a body or something and leave it at that they wanted everyone to think she drowned so that their master plan of action to get anna out of the state would work. think about if u were going to commit this crime how would u do it how would u think like a kidnaper

Annasmom
06-11-2006, 12:17 PM
annasmom or joe did anything pan out from the clicks on the telephone annas mom u said that u mentioned that to the police but they didnt seem suprised?
It is very unlikely that anyone came around to the back door. They would have been visible making the entire walk from the road, in front of the big window, etc., into the fenced yard. The friend who mentioned the van did not know what Brody and Dr. Waters looked like. The clicks on the phone were almost certainly neighbors on the party line listening in (since the phone rang for all the neighbors at the same time--one of us had two short rings, another one long ring, etc.). We may be able to tell more about this when the police report arrives.

Annasmom
06-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Has the police file arrived yet?
When I read about clicks on the phone and police not being surprised, I wondered if maybe the phone had been tapped by police. And that could have been why they were so reluctant to turn the file over. They say they've mailed it, but I haven't received it yet. I think the delay was just bureaucracy at work, since they were quick to send it once the detective on the case gave them the word.

Annasmom
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
still reading it very very intresting book. something that also stood out from the book was the footprint was it small or rather large maybe the people who took anna wanted to leave the sock and footprint as a means to lead the search in the water and not on land i think they were doing that so that the police could say we think she went into the water but then we cant find a body or something and leave it at that they wanted everyone to think she drowned so that their master plan of action to get anna out of the state would work. think about if u were going to commit this crime how would u do it how would u think like a kidnaper The footprint exactly fit the rubber boot of our neighbor, who had been there before we saw it, and she believes that it was her footprint. Several socks were fished out of the water in the weeks after Anna disappeared, but we didn't recognize any of them as hers. Smile, you are really good at picturing scenarios, and I appreciate this quality. I wish I could actually show you the house, the road, etc.

Annasmom
06-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Annasmom, I just finished reading Searching For Anna. For lack of better words, it really touched my heart. Thank you again for sharing your story.
Laini, thank you for reading it. I have to say that it would still be sitting in a box in the attic except for Doogie.

mfmangel1
06-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I have only been able to peek in now and then for the last few weeks. I have so much to say, but it will have to wait until tomorrow when I will have more time. I know all of you are waiting in anticipation....LOL! :D

However; for now; I found this extremely compelling:

Annasmom's dream "movie" of 9/21/74 in which she envisioned the Georges. She "sees" shrubbery in the shape of the letter "L"....G.W.'s note labeled "Plan" refers to "L".

She "sees" a woman taking care of the children, including Anna. The woman is a nurse....Margaret Kukoda was a nurse.

She "sees" they are living on a street or road named "Gary"....The Georges are living on a street named "Geary".

Interesting parallels.

Annasmom also had the feeling that the nurse believed George was entitled to take Anna. From what we have discovered about them here, I believe that is exactly how they would have felt about the abduction.

SherlockJr
06-14-2006, 12:20 AM
She "sees" a woman taking care of the children, including Anna. The woman is a nurse....Margaret Kukoda was a nurse.

She "sees" they are living on a street or road named "Gary"....The Georges are living on a street named "Geary".

Interesting parallels.

Annasmom also had the feeling that the nurse believed George was entitled to take Anna. From what we have discovered about them here, I believe that is exactly how they would have felt about the abduction.

Wow mfm, good work. :clap: Margaret Kukoda died in 1967. Is there another nurse he worked with that could have taken Anna?

mfmangel1
06-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Wow mfm, good work. :clap: Margaret Kukoda died in 1967. Is there another nurse he worked with that could have taken Anna?
Even though Kukoda died, there is a theory that her family may have been involved.

We have never been able to track down the "Suki" person that the Georges were associated with. I believe GW worked with her at one of the hospitals.

SherlockJr
06-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Even though Kukoda died, there is a theory that her family may have been involved.

We have never been able to track down the "Suki" person that the Georges were associated with. I believe GW worked with her at one of the hospitals.I am compiling a list of RN in San Francisco right now. So far 8,000 names on the list and I am up to the "P's". We will find Suki. Wasn't her name Seki?

SherlockJr
06-14-2006, 01:47 AM
:bang: Not toooooo bad, only 11,082 names to sift thru.

MagicRose99
06-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Don't mean to throw a wrench into your efforts... but, do we know that Suki was a nurse? She could have been an aide, a receptionist or even volunteer...

I am compiling a list of RN in San Francisco right now. So far 8,000 names on the list and I am up to the "P's". We will find Suki.

Dr. Doogie
06-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Good analyses, MFM. It is very interesting how Annasmom's dreams and intuitions (and some of the details from the psychics) lines up with what we have determined independently to be fact.

The name of the woman that has been mentioned is Seka and she was from Yugoslavia. It appears that she was only involved with the two Georges for a short period that started a couple of years after Anna disappeared. Evidently, she quickly learned that they were loons and broke off contact with them (to Brody's great distress).

mfmangel1
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
For Annasmom & Dr. Doogie-

Thank you so much for posting the journal. It allows us to gain so much insight into the circumstances and the people involved.

It is also such a heartbreaking, yet precious record of Anna and Annasmom's odyssey of their lives together and the agonizing separation. It allows us to feel a small inkling of her pain.

Thank you so much for allowing us into your private world.

Annasmom
08-28-2006, 07:55 PM
It is now 7:30 am and I have finished reading. I have tears and a lump in my throat. I have written notes which I will address after getting some sleep. Beautiful work Mikie! Nite all. It has been a slow couple of weeks here, so I thought I'd tell you a little about the family reaction to Searching for Anna. Not all my family members were as stalwart as dear Sherlock, and not all of them have been able to get through the book, maybe for emotional reasons, or maybe because they just couldn't plough their way through so many words. Annasunc, however, made valuable notes as he read it. For instance, he says all the pictures need captions...he never realized that the one of Doogie was of him playing a Father in a production of The Fantasticks. He laughed when I sang him a bit of the Fathers' song: "..but if your issue doesn't kiss you, then I wish you luck...for once you've planted children, you're absolutely stuck!" He thinks some papers which are referred to should be included in full, in particular GW's letter to Goering's widow, as gruesome and bizarre as that might be. I'm still waiting to hear from the passport office and hope it won't be too much longer. I'll let you all know as soon as I know something.

laini
08-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the update on the book. I think including some of the papers and letters in full is a great idea.

kyresearcher
08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Annasmom, I haven't posted lately but think of you and precious little Anna daily. It has been a very busy time for me this summer but I check daily to see if any thing new is new and try to search the adoption sites when time premits.
You have done a beautiful job compiling the book, hopefully it will soon be on a book store shelf. Just a thought, I know you have already chosen the cover picture but would there be anyway that you could put a smaller age progression picture of Anna on the cover? I think there might be a chance that someone would notice it that might know her or she might even see it herself. I know if I saw a book with my picture or friends on the front cover I would take notice. There are so many to choose from that while in book store I often just glance at the cover and move on to the next row.
Keep the faith, she is out there somewhere just waiting for you. She will be so amazed at all the loving work you have done to bring her home. Our world would be a better place today if we had more mothers like you!

Dr. Doogie
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
...For instance, he says all the pictures need captions...he never realized that the one of Doogie was of him playing a Father in a production of The Fantasticks. He laughed when I sang him a bit of the Fathers' song: "..but if your issue doesn't kiss you, then I wish you luck...for once you've planted children, you're absolutely stuck!" ...
Jeez, I played the same role twice on stage and I cannot even remember the words to that song. (LOL!). You mean Annasunc just assumed that I always walked around with a grease pencil moustache?

Annasmom
08-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Just a thought, I know you have already chosen the cover picture but would there be anyway that you could put a smaller age progression picture of Anna on the cover? I think there might be a chance that someone would notice it that might know her or she might even see it herself. I know if I saw a book with my picture or friends on the front cover I would take notice. There are so many to choose from that while in book store I often just glance at the cover and move on to the next row.
Keep the faith, she is out there somewhere just waiting for you. She will be so amazed at all the loving work you have done to bring her home. Our world would be a better place today if we had more mothers like you!
Really good idea, kyresearcher. Thank you.

kshamgochian
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
I started reading the book today and came across the name Becky Baydo. She was in our class and I went to school with Becky into high school. Last year was our 20 year reunion and I learned that tragically, Becky died of a drug overdose several years ago.

Kelly

Mr. E
09-29-2006, 08:10 PM
I am about 1/3 of the way through the book. It is a very interesting read, and very well-written. It certainly has brought tears to my eyes.

One thing I haven't seen much mention of -- George Waters' parents. The book talks a bit about their lives, and there is a terse little note from them when GW started acting really weird (the note said something about them not giving money anymore). Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've seen any mention of GW's parents after Anna disappeared. Lots of notes from all kinds of people, but was there one from the grandparents?

Is it at all possible that GW's grandparents took Anna? Or has that possiblity already been explored and discarded?

Annasmom
09-29-2006, 08:42 PM
I am about 1/3 of the way through the book. It is a very interesting read, and very well-written. It certainly has brought tears to my eyes.

One thing I haven't seen much mention of -- George Waters' parents. The book talks a bit about their lives, and there is a terse little note from them when GW started acting really weird (the note said something about them not giving money anymore). Maybe I missed it, but I don't think I've seen any mention of GW's parents after Anna disappeared. Lots of notes from all kinds of people, but was there one from the grandparents?

Is it at all possible that GW's grandparents took Anna? Or has that possiblity already been explored and discarded? There is correspondence from all GW's family later on in the book. His father died; I have been in continuous correspondence with the rest of the family.
Thank you for your interest in our quest.

Dr. Doogie
09-30-2006, 06:42 PM
By the time of Anna's disappearance, GW had severed all ties to his family. This separation continued to his death.

Mr. E
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm almost finished with the book now. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I can't help but notice the connection between the name "Gary" in Michaele's dream and the fact that Hotel Paul was located on Geary street, which is very similar. Probably just a coincidence, but when I read Geary, I remembered the Gary dream.

Annasmom
10-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm almost finished with the book now. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I can't help but notice the connection between the name "Gary" in Michaele's dream and the fact that Hotel Paul was located on Geary street, which is very similar. Probably just a coincidence, but when I read Geary, I remembered the Gary dream. Always good to have an extra pair of eyes looking for us.

itsreenw
10-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Annasmom, regarding the dream of a nurse taking Anna, was it the nurse's attire that made you aware the woman was a nurse? I know that Brody befriended waitresses at the local eateries. Some waitress uniforms at diners were white and were similar to nurses uniforms. Like on the show from the 70's "Alice". Hotel maids wore those uniforms too. Did you compare the woman's description in your dreams to any Joe Ford saw GB bothering?

Annasmom
10-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Annasmom, regarding the dream of a nurse taking Anna, was it the nurse's attire that made you aware the woman was a nurse? I know that Brody befriended waitresses at the local eateries. Some waitress uniforms at diners were white and were similar to nurses uniforms. Like on the show from the 70's "Alice". Hotel maids wore those uniforms too. Did you compare the woman's description in your dreams to any Joe Ford saw GB bothering?
Sorry, I can barely remember anything about the dream. Fortunately, I described it in my journal when it was closer to the actual occurrence. I don't think this was a "prophetic" dream or anything. It was just something to check on when we couldn't think of anything else to do.

Mr. E
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Regarding hair color. From the few pictures I've seen of Anna's family, it looks like they all have dark hair. Anna was blond at age 5. Lots of kids are blond at a young age, then their hair darkens as they grow older. I was towheaded as a child, but now my hair is auburn. My older daughter went from blonde to brunette between kindergarten and 2nd grade.

Isn't it possible that Anna's hair darkened? Has anybody thought of altering an age-progressed picture to give her dark hair?

MagicRose99
10-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Regarding hair color. From the few pictures I've seen of Anna's family, it looks like they all have dark hair. Anna was blond at age 5. Lots of kids are blond at a young age, then their hair darkens as they grow older. I was towheaded as a child, but now my hair is auburn. My older daughter went from blonde to brunette between kindergarten and 2nd grade.

Isn't it possible that Anna's hair darkened? Has anybody thought of altering an age-progressed picture to give her dark hair?
I still consider myself a blonde... but I too was a towheaded kid, and now I'm a dark blonde with blonde streaks.

Now my mother... she was a towheaded kid. As she aged her hair got darker and darker until she had dark brown hair. When she passed at 72 years of age, not ONE single gray hair was on her head... all dark brown hair!

SherlockJr
12-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Anything new on the completion of the book? Is there any timeframes when it will be published?

Dr. Doogie
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Anything new on the completion of the book? Is there any timeframes when it will be published?
Funny you ask that question today: I just spoke to Annasmom this morning and she has had a proof-reader go over the manuscript and will be incorporating those changes. Chapter 20 (concerning our work here) remains a problem - we will probably be detailing that in an appendix after the main part of the book written by me. It may be optimistic, but I would like to have something in hand by the January 16th, 2007 anniversary of Anna's disappearance (and the radio interview).

Annasmom
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/organicpiano/th_12-72Xmascard.jpg (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/organicpiano/?action=view&current=12-72Xmascard.jpg)
Anna drew these goofy Christmas trees in December of 1972 (notice the tongue hanging out), and I wanted to post them with my thanks to all of you WebSleuthers for your work and support this year. Lo.

GraceBlue
12-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Merry Christmas and LOLOLO (instead of HOHOHO) everyone!!!

Gina_M
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
What a cute card! I'll be offline for a few days, but I'll be thinking of Anna on Christmas. I got all my cards sent out with Anna's picture and info in them. A friend of mine on MySpace also asked for one so she could make copies and distribute them. LoLoLo :)

mfmangel1
12-22-2006, 08:46 PM
The trees are so cute!

My cards also went out with our Anna's story.

Happy Holidays & Peace To All.

kyresearcher
12-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Annasmom thanks for sharing the card with us, it is so sweet. So glad that you saved it and it makes me wonder if she grew up enjoying art.
Merry Christmas to all !!

SherlockJr
12-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Merry Christmas to Annasmom & Charles, Annasbro & family, Annasotherbro & family, Dr Doogie & family, Joe & family. Wishing everyone to have a Christmas filled with laughter & memories.

Grace, love your idea of using LoLoLo instead of HoHoHo!

Joe Ford
12-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you. Same to you Sherlock.

itsreenw
12-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Merry Christmas to my Websleuths family. Merry Christmas Anna, where ever you are. We are thinking of you.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/itsreenw/Neat%20Pics/tree08.gif

smile22
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
merry xmas to everyone hope your holidays are good

SherlockJr
01-17-2007, 03:32 AM
The manuscript shows 2 different people describing a street name Gary.

Quoted from book:
In the dream, I saw her looking out the window of a white house with a brown gambrel roof and brown shutters. There was a hedge in front with a chain link fence behind it. The address was 2120 Gary, Bakersfield. We telephoned Yellow Cab in Bakersfield to see if there was a Gary street or avenue and learned that there was a Gary Place. Could it be that we will find the house with the brown roof?

Another quote from book:

Rev. Grace Forman, Lily Dale, New York, May 24, 1975

I do feel Anne (sic) is alive and living in Sacramento, California, in a small white house with a small porch on it and dark trimming, could be brown or black. Near the house is tall grass growing and sand around it. Anne was picked up by a couple in a blue car. They wanted a child but did not have one. The man jumped out of the car and left the engine running and put Anne between them. Anne was screaming and crying but they did not stop.

I see boats and feel many make a living fishing.

I do not feel Anne has been abused in any way.

The name Gary came in to me; I do not know if it is a street or a first name of the man.

The name of the street where the hotel was located at was Geary.

Originally Posted by HeartofTexas

Here's what I found re 650 Geary... not sure if it matches what was said above, unless it turned into a hotel for a bit in between being a theatre. If you go to the link, it has a picture of it, so maybe that will help on identifying if it's the hotel you're talking about.

Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie

Oops. Maybe I have the address wrong. I will check my notes when I get home. It may be 630 Geary.

mfmangel1
01-17-2007, 04:09 AM
We all talked about the Gary-Geary connection before. I think it's on page two of this thread, you, HoT, me, etc...

I have to go to bed. Good night all.

SherlockJr
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
We all talked about the Gary-Geary connection before. I think it's on page two of this thread, you, HoT, me, etc...

I have to go to bed. Good night all.
Thanks for reminding me Mfm, I took off from your posting with getting a list of nurses at that point.

Dr. Doogie
01-17-2007, 06:14 PM
It is interesting that both Annasmom and the psychic came up with the name of Gary (in particular as a possible street name, as compared to a person's name). It is also interesting that they both have similar descriptions of the house (white with dark brown trim). The hotel on Geary street would not fit the description of the house.

Dr. Doogie
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I wonder in what order these two "visions" occured. Did the pyschic mention Gary first and then Annasmom dreamed the same info, or the other way around? I would give this greater consideration if Annasmom dreamed it first, then the psychic independently said the same thing. If the Psychic was first, Annasmom's dream could have just recycled that tidbit in the way that a lot of our dream information is just details from our day jumbled around into a fantasy sequence.

Annasmom
01-17-2007, 08:30 PM
I wonder in what order these two "visions" occured. Did the pyschic mention Gary first and then Annasmom dreamed the same info, or the other way around? I would give this greater consideration if Annasmom dreamed it first, then the psychic independently said the same thing. If the Psychic was first, Annasmom's dream could have just recycled that tidbit in the way that a lot of our dream information is just details from our day jumbled around into a fantasy sequence.Doogie, the dream came first. But since we're talking about dreams, I might mention the extremely vivid dream I had a few days after Anna disappeared where she asked me "Why did you fire me?" Since of course I would NEVER EVER under any circumstances fire her (and doubted that she even knew that word), I wondered at the time if someone had told her this by way of explaining why they were taking her away from home. I am awfully skeptical about dreams, but I know Jung and the Talmud take them very seriously.

Dr. Doogie
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Jung and the Talmud - sounds like a bad band from the sixties. :D

Since your dream came first (and I assume that the article in the Sunday SF Chronicle/Examiner came after the vision of the psychic), then either something was connecting there or it was another of those maddening coincidences.

Dr. Doogie
05-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Due to the rapidly developing events as of recent, I have removed the downloadable version of "Searching for Anna" from the website. We want to have some control over access to this info if and when the media firestorm begins.

dacqueri
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Due to the rapidly developing events as of recent, I have removed the downloadable version of "Searching for Anna" from the website. We want to have some control over access to this info if and when the media firestorm begins.

I just found this thread too...was so looking forward to reading it! Although awaiting news is always exciting too! I have been reading every post about Anna, and my heart aches. I just hope that time, patience and love will give Annasmom all the answers she will need. Dr. Doogie, you are one of my heroes, for all that you have done, and all that you continue to do. May blessings be upon you and your family. You deserve it. Annasmom, and family, i hope you get the answers you need, you all amaze me with your determination. stay safe and strong!

Gina_M
05-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Are there still plans to get the book published, even if Anna has been found? I think it would be great to see it updated with additional chapters chronicling recent events (and events yet to come?) Either way, it is such a great and inspirational story...of a family's strength, perserverance, and love for Anna.

Dr. Doogie
05-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Are there still plans to get the book published, even if Anna has been found? I think it would be great to see it updated with additional chapters chronicling recent events (and events yet to come?) Either way, it is such a great and inspirational story...of a family's strength, perserverance, and love for Anna.

Yes, the plans are to publish it regardless of the outcome of the tests. Obviously, if we get the results that we anticipate, we will need to quickly update the information before publishing.

Early on, when Annasmom and I were discussing the manuscript, I suggested that it would work best if we could write a happy ending to it. I hope that we have found that happy ending.

GraceBlue
05-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, the plans are to publish it regardless of the outcome of the tests. Obviously, if we get the results that we anticipate, we will need to quickly update the information before publishing.

Early on, when Annasmom and I were discussing the manuscript, I suggested that it would work best if we could write a happy ending to it. I hope that we have found that happy ending.

If it gets published, I'd love to buy a copy of the book, signed by you and Annasmom :)

raindrops300
05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh wow. I read the thread with the anticipation of going back and clicking to download the book!! That's ok. I'm glad for the recent developments, I can catch the book later. I check here daily (usually two or three times) although I don't post much. Hoping along with everyone else that there will be good news soon. Regardless of the outcome with this latest development, you guys have done some amazing work here.

Dr. Doogie
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Things are falling into place concerning the book. We are on schedule to have it available by the first of next year. The book will be available online at that time. Ordering info will be forthcoming once we have a firm publishing date.

Gina_M
11-28-2007, 08:48 PM
:clap: How exciting...congratulations! I'm very eager to order the book :)

Dr. Doogie
01-13-2008, 02:27 PM
The book has been submitted to the printer and I should be receiving a couple of proof copies next week. Once Annasmom and I approve the proofs (and I make some design changes to the cover), I will be able to announce how it will be available online. It should be available the the publisher's site, along with the usual Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. sites.

MagicRose99
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
The book has been submitted to the printer and I should be receiving a couple of proof copies next week. Once Annasmom and I approve the proofs (and I make some design changes to the cover), I will be able to announce how it will be available online. It should be available the the publisher's site, along with the usual Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. sites.

Wonderful news! I can't wait to get my copy! Uh... do you think I can maybe get it signed? :rolleyes:

itsreenw
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
What great news!! Of all the missing persons cases I have been involved with or even have knowledge of, Dr. Doogie and Anna's family are the most determined and dedicated people I have encountered. When Anna is found, she won't have an ounce of doubt about how much her real family loved and missed her. :clap: :clap:

Annasmom
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Wonderful news! I can't wait to get my copy! Uh... do you think I can maybe get it signed? :rolleyes:
Aww...I'm looking into getting self-adhesive bookplates showing the book cover and thought we could sign those and send them if you want them. Since the books will come by mail, it would be simpler than sending the books themselves back and forth.:blowkiss:

Annasmom
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
What great news!! Of all the missing persons cases I have been involved with or even have knowledge of, Dr. Doogie and Anna's family are the most determined and dedicated people I have encountered. When Anna is found, she won't have an ounce of doubt about how much her real family loved and missed her. :clap: :clap:
You've been with us all the way. Thank you.:blowkiss:

kyresearcher
01-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Annasmom and Doogie, I am so glad that you are moving ahead with the book. I can't wait to buy one of them and show it to my friends and family who think I am nuts for going on the forum so much. They just don't understand why I have worried and prayed so much that Anna would be found, nor the love I feel for you guys. God continue to Bless you in your search for Anna.:)

MagicRose99
01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Aww...I'm looking into getting self-adhesive bookplates showing the book cover and thought we could sign those and send them if you want them. Since the books will come by mail, it would be simpler than sending the books themselves back and forth.:blowkiss:

I want! Just let me know when it's available! Congrats Annasmom... let's home this brings some answers your way.

Gina_M
01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I am so excited that the book is almost here. I will be ordering at least two copies. My mom is very interested in Anna's case as well so one of the copies will be for her. As others have said, of all the missing persons cases I've read about, my heart really goes out to Anna and her family. You guys are special :blowkiss:

Can't wait to read the book!

huk
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say I am very excited about the book. I can't wait to share it with my family and friends. I have been following this thread from the beginning, and you are often in my thoughts an prayers. I admire your courage and dedication.

:hugs:

JDB
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Might mot post much on this forum. But I do want the book. I think one reason I do not post is Anna went missing about 30 miles from where I lived.Seems The Bay ares have had to many children go missing.An I am talking about for over 25 years.

Dr. Doogie
01-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Might mot post much on this forum. But I do want the book. I think one reason I do not post is Anna went missing about 30 miles from where I lived.Seems The Bay ares have had to many children go missing.An I am talking about for over 25 years.

There was a definite "spike" in abductions of young girls in the late 1980's. One of the things that I did early on in the search for Anna was to look at all the missing children cases in the region looking for any possible connections. No obvious links were found (with, perhaps, the exception of the disappearance of Cynthia Sumpter from San Jose in 1974), but it was sobering to see how many children disappeared during that era.

MagicRose99
02-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Any update on the book release? I'm getting anxious... :D

Annasmom
02-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Any update on the book release? I'm getting anxious... :D
Doogie is working on the final corrections this weekend and the bookplates are on their way. We're almost there.

Gina_M
02-03-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm getting excited. I've been periodically googling "Searching for Anna" to see if I can find it listed on Amazon or something ;)

MagicRose99
02-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Doogie is working on the final corrections this weekend and the bookplates are on their way. We're almost there.

Whoo hoo! Thanks for the update! :woohoo:

Dr. Doogie
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Soon, very soon.

The book will be available first through the self-publishing company (lulu.com). It will take 2-4 weeks for it to become available through outside sources such as Amazon.com.

Annasmom
02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Soon, very soon.

The book will be available first through the self-publishing company (lulu.com). It will take 2-4 weeks for it to become available through outside sources such as Amazon.com.

Doogie just called to tell me that the book is up and running on Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085

If you want a signed bookplate, send a self-addressed envelope to Annasmom, Box 370462, Montara CA 94037 and I'll send you one as soon as they arrive.

InterestedNHelping
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Yipee! I do I do I do! Buying book now...will mail for the bookplate ASAP!

Dr. Doogie
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
If anyone has any trouble purchasing the book through the above link, please let me know. Setting up the book through Lulu was more complicated than I thought (probably more my fault than theirs), so there may be a couple more glitches that need to be worked out. Your feedback will be helpful.

The book is currently available through the link http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085. It will also be available in a few weeks through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. We will soon have a link estalished on searchingforanna.com to the Lulu.com site for easy ordering.

We have two goals in publishing the book. First, we want to spread the word about Anna to the broadest audience possible in the hope that someone with any information will see it and come forward. This is the reason that sites such as Amazon are important venues to distribute the book. Secondly, we are hoping to use revenue generated from book sales to help finance the search (expenses such as website hosting and access to pay research sites, etc.). This is mentioned because there is a major difference in royalties paid between Lulu and the other retail outlets. Books purchased directly through Lulu will generate about four times the revenue for the search as compared to Amazon. So everything being equal on your part, purchasing through Lulu will help the search the most.

Thanks to everyone who been anxious to see the finished product. I have been somewhat AWOL while working on the final touches of the book, but now that it is compete, I intend to jump back into this forum with renewed vigor. There are several interesting leads that have been set aside while I concentrated on the book, but I will persue them afresh now that I can focus on the search.

Dr. Doogie
02-06-2008, 02:35 PM
I see that a couple of copies of the book have been purchased already. When the person who purchased these copies receives them, please PM me. I have some questions concerning the quality of the printing/artwork that you can answer. Thanks!

Smugshots
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to say I just purchased a copy through Lulu, the sign up and purchase process was very easy, was happy to see paypal is accepted. Received confirmation immediately.

Thanks,
Melissa

Dr. Doogie
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Melissa. I have ordered before from Lulu and they did a great job getting me my book in a timely fashion - especially since the book was printed "on-demand".

My concern is that the artwork on the cover in the preview on Lulu looks like it may have "choppy" type. The creation of the cover art involved pulling in a lot of different type files from different sources, then setting the type in Photoshop (which is notorious for type problems). I am hoping that what I am seeing on screen is not a problem on the actual printed piece. When people receive the book, please let me know. Thanks!

SherlockJr
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Hats off to Dr. Doogie!!!!! I have been in Florida for awhile staying with critical ill family. Hearing the good news about the book was the best news I've had all week. My toughest decision was whether to ship my copies here or back home. I decided to have them shipped home expecting them in weeks Afterwards, I found out how quickly the book ships I should have had it sent here.

Joe Ford
02-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Fyi: Ordered the book from Lulu yesterday. Sent link in email to everyone on my mailing list! Hope others will do the same.

smile22
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
i clicked on the link but no picture was visible i even refreshed the page a few times i wonder if its the server

MagicRose99
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday! Congrats Annasmom and Doogie! I can't wait to get my copy!

I will order a book as soon as I can and I will definitely send for my autograph!

FYI: I also posted Doogie's thread re the purchase of the book in WS's book forum...

Dr. Doogie
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks, everybody. Once we get a link set up on searchingforanna.com to lulu.com, I will put together an email about Anna's case and the book to be distributed. If you decide to create your own email to share about the book, please have people either link straight to Lulu or to the SFA.com website.

raindrops300
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
i ordered one also. lulu.com was easy to use & i like being able to pay with paypal. very reasonable priced and shipping costs (i used media mail) good also. thanks for letting everyone know they were ready. looking forward to it.

MagicRose99
02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Annasmom and Doogie... make sure you take a look at this thread! :D

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60007

Annasmom
02-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Annasmom and Doogie... make sure you take a look at this thread! :D

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60007

Thanks so much, MagicRose. By the way, I keep forgetting that people who have ordered the book have not yet seen it (because it takes 3-4 days at Lulu before it is ready to mail), so I will tell you that the book is dedicated to DrDoogie, SherlockJr, AnnasUnc and WebSleuths.

Gina_M
02-08-2008, 05:39 AM
I just ordered the book and also emailed the link to my mom. Can't wait to read it!

SherlockJr
02-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I already received notification yesterday that my order had shipped. Unbelievable! Two days!

MagicRose99
02-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Finally ordered my copy today! I'm also sending an envelope to Annasmom for my bookplate. I can't wait to get both of them!

Gina_M
02-12-2008, 04:16 AM
I received notification that my order shipped today, Monday. I just ordered on Friday! Of course I am in the middle of moving and had it shipped Media Mail to the new address, so it might be a while before I get to read it (where's the "impatient" icon? :waitasec: )

MagicRose99
02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I received my bookplate today and my book is due this coming Wednesday. Thank you so much Annasmom! This'll make this book even that much more special for me!

Annasmom
02-16-2008, 03:06 PM
A friend in England wrote this morning that he has already received his book from Lulu! I am still waiting for mine, but it is supposed to come on Monday. It's funny to think that deliveries to the west coast would take longer than deliveries across the Atlantic!

Smugshots
02-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I received my book last Wednesday, just a few days after ordering. The cover photo does look a little pixelated, but not unattractive by any means.

-Melissa

Annasmom
02-18-2008, 04:27 PM
SFA has moved from about 19-thousandth on Lulu's list to 12,633. This doesn't mean it has sold seven thousand books, but has something to do with the number sold in a given period of time. It's great that the word is getting out. When you get your copy, it would be good if you would go back to http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085 and leave a rating or a comment, so that people who don't know anything about the case yet could have a recommendation from a reader. Also, remember to send me a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want a signed bookplate (Annasmom, Box 370462, Montara, CA 94037). It's so nice to have this out there.

Dr. Doogie
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Good idea, Annasmom, about leaving the ratings/reviews.

I am waiting for my copies to arrive. I believe that once I receive them and they are officially approved, then the process of getting the books available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc will begin. Once they are available there, if people could leave reviews on those sites also (even if you bought the book through Lulu), that would be helpful.

Annasmom
02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
My copies just arrived, and I was anxious to see whether the cover would be pixelated.. Actually, the cover has a B.P. phenomenon (before pixels): It shows the grain of the canvas in what was an oil painting of Anna by Howard Gilligan.

Dr. Doogie
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Annasmom:

Is the type crisp or is it broken on the front and back covers?

Annasmom
02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Annasmom:

Is the type crisp or is it broken on the front and back covers?

The type is nice and crisp.

Dr. Doogie
02-19-2008, 02:23 PM
The type is nice and crisp.

Whew! I have been sweating that possibility.

raindrops300
02-20-2008, 12:56 AM
I received my book today. Ordered it on 2-6; delivered today via media mail (Alabama). It is a beautiful book. The covers (front and back) are really pretty. No pixelating at all. Print looks great.
Going to start reading it now; kinda don't want to mess it up. I'm usually really rough on books; but plan to treat this one kindly and not drop it in the tub..hmm, maybe I should order another so as to always have a nice copy.
It looks as if you guys did a great job. Thanks...

Dr. Doogie
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
It looks as if you guys did a great job.

Thanks, RD. This is a book that has been being written over the last 35 years (and continues to be written with each new revelation that we uncover). What I would like to do is to provide it with a happy ending.

Rhett
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I have just ordered my book from lulu and I will write a review there and anywhere else the book ends up being sold. I am also addressing an self-addressed envelope to Annasmom today.

Dr. Doogie
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks, Rhett.

MagicRose99
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Got my book! And it looks absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to start reading it...

and hey! I'm even mentioned in the book! "A Websleuths member created a side by side..." LOL!

Dr. Doogie
02-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I believe that lots of posters here will find oblique references to themselves in the chapter that I wrote. I didn't use any names (real or screen) unless I had permission from that poster. I just figured to err on the side of personal privacy.

MagicRose99
02-20-2008, 10:36 PM
I believe that lots of posters here will find oblique references to themselves in the chapter that I wrote. I didn't use any names (real or screen) unless I had permission from that poster. I just figured to err on the side of personal privacy.

LOL! I was just surprised to see myself there... I feel honored to be mentioned "obliquely" or not... :crazy:

kyresearcher
02-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Just ordered book, can't wait for it to arrive. A big congratulations to Annasmom, Doogie and all who worked so deligently on it, Anna will be so proud of all of you when she sees how much love went into telling her story.

joellegirl
02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got my book today-it came real fast! Can't wait to start reading it! The cover looks fine-kind of like a Monet painting!
Annasmom, Doogie etc I think it is wonderful that you published this. Still praying Anna finds her way home.

Cubby
02-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Got my book, well sort of..... My sister let me know she has it this morning. However, it is a birthday present for me so I have to wait an entire MONTH to actually have it in my posession. I sure wish she would give it to me early. I think I may ask she allow my mom to read it first. I have my mom lurking here and reading about Anna.

A whole month, not sure if I can stand it, lol.

Smugshots
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I finished reading the book over the weekend. One thing that I was surprised about is that Anna was not mentioned in George Waters obituary. Was this written by Water's family? Why did they not include Anna?

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I finished reading the book over the weekend. One thing that I was surprised about is that Anna was not mentioned in George Waters obituary. Was this written by Water's family? Why did they not include Anna?That is odd...but maybe they couldn't think of away to say it. Preceded in death couldn't work because they didn't know if she was dead...but you'd think they could have said something like "George Waters was the father of Anna" period. Hummm, I better get my book ordered ASAP. :)

Smugshots
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
That is odd...but maybe they couldn't think of away to say it. Preceded in death couldn't work because they didn't know if she was dead...but you'd think they could have said something like "George Waters was the father of Anna" period. Hummm, I better get my book ordered ASAP. :)

I thought that too, but I reread it several times and thought, why wouldn't they just state father to Anna Waters. It just seemed very odd to me they would completely leave her out.

I know that George Waters had alienated himself from his family by the time Anna went missing, but did his family ever contact him after Anna went missing? Did they speak with him after Brody past away?

Dr. Doogie
02-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I know that George Waters had alienated himself from his family by the time Anna went missing, but did his family ever contact him after Anna went missing? Did they speak with him after Brody past away?

Annasmom can give a definitive answer about this, but I doubt they did have any contact. The alienation was very nasty and complete by the early 1970's - so much so that when Joe Ford went to pickup the BFH from George Waters's brother, the brother showed very little emotion about GW's death.

Dr. Doogie
02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I finally approved the proof copy of the book, so that means that it will start to be available at the major online retailers such as Amazon.com within 4-6 weeks. Even if you have purchased your copy through Lulu, you can post a review on Amazon (hint, hint). Also, if directing friends to find the book, it is financial helpful to direct them to the link to Lulu through the searchingforanna.com website - the royalty rate from buying through Lulu is higher than through the online retailers. Thanks!

P.S. As of this writing, we are number 8174 in Lulu's sales rankings (up from somewhere in the 15,000's in the beginng). Considering that no marketing of the book has occurred except by word of mouth, this is a resounding success. Once the book is available through the retailers, we will try to promote it through media outlets.

Dr. Doogie
02-25-2008, 06:13 PM
BTW: Whoever posted the nice review "An Excellent Read" on the Lulu site, thank you.

If you have not posted a review or rating on the site and would like to, you can access this feature through the same page as you ordered the book. Other customers who are surfing the various books available use your reviews to help guide their purchases, so your input of your honest opinion is greatly appreciated.

Annasmom
03-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I finished reading the book over the weekend. One thing that I was surprised about is that Anna was not mentioned in George Waters obituary. Was this written by Water's family? Why did they not include Anna? I think it was just a matter of not getting into something so complicated and painful for the family. Certainly they showered attention, gifts and love upon Anna even long after George had left home. Anna's paternal grandmother (for whom she was named) just died this week at the age of 94. There was no mention of Anna or George in the obituary, but I think it was for the same reason. The family said that they would be sending me photographs and letters which the grandmother had kept. I know that all this must have weighed on her mind, but she handled it all with great grace and courage.

MagicRose99
03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Annasmom...

It doesn't matter how old they lived to be, they still will be missed for what they added to our lives.

Alta
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I run a missing persons website as well as a crime forum.Anna was listed as our missing person of the month for July in 2007.I have lurked here since Anna received her own spotlight forum.Unfortunately I am a better lurker than a participator..lol..I always find everyone else is at least two steps ahead of me.I wanted to just stop by and let you know I received my copy of Anna's book in the mail today.Not bad it took just over 2 weeks to get to me in Canada.I am now going to sit down and start reading the book.I know a couple of my forum members have also ordered the book as well.No matter where we all are and the thousands of miles between us we understand and share in your loss,we also pray for your family.The day Anna comes home rest assured we will cry with you as well.Please feel free to let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help out.

Bless you all here who have worked so hard to help Anna come home,she will return,and with a new huge family that will greet her with open arms.Everyone on this forum deserves a big pat on the back for all you have done.

Now I am off to read my book.Keep up the great work everyone,you are an inspiration to us all!

Annasmom
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I run a missing persons website as well as a crime forum.Anna was listed as our missing person of the month for July in 2007.I have lurked here since Anna received her own spotlight forum.Unfortunately I am a better lurker than a participator..lol..I always find everyone else is at least two steps ahead of me.I wanted to just stop by and let you know I received my copy of Anna's book in the mail today.Not bad it took just over 2 weeks to get to me in Canada.I am now going to sit down and start reading the book.I know a couple of my forum members have also ordered the book as well.No matter where we all are and the thousands of miles between us we understand and share in your loss,we also pray for your family.The day Anna comes home rest assured we will cry with you as well.Please feel free to let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help out.

Bless you all here who have worked so hard to help Anna come home,she will return,and with a new huge family that will greet her with open arms.Everyone on this forum deserves a big pat on the back for all you have done.

Now I am off to read my book.Keep up the great work everyone,you are an inspiration to us all!

Alta, thank you for your kind words.
Re the Lulu site: I am not sure they are updating their ratings and reviews, since I have heard of many more than they have posted. (The last update seems to be some time in February.) Any ideas?

Alta
03-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I wonder if they moderate their comments.I will go write mine right now and see if it shows up.

Alta
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
I just wrote my review and can see it,can someone look and make sure everyone else can see it please.Thanks!

Annasmom
03-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I just wrote my review and can see it,can someone look and make sure everyone else can see it please.Thanks!
It's up, Alta. Thank you.

Alta
03-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Your very welcome.

raindrops300
03-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I just checked the reviews also. I only see 2, one that I posted and the one that Alta posted. It does show 7 votes though. Maybe people are forgetting to submit after they write it?

Cubby
03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll post a review once I have finished the book and have it in hand. I am still waiting, I get it Sunday! I hated knowing it was in my sisters hands all these weeks waiting, would have been better had she just not mentioned it.

Annasmom, I too am sorry for your loss. How blessed that anna's paternal grandmother lived such a long life and you will be receiving some old letters and memorabilia.

That reminds me of a memory I should add elsewhere.... Also, my nephew had a great great grandmother was living for the first 3 or so years of his life.

Gina_M
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I voted but did not write up a review yet. I plan to as soon as I have a chance to read the book :)

Rhett
03-14-2008, 10:20 AM
I voted and posted my review. I truly love the book. Rhett.

Dr. Doogie
03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
I voted and posted my review. I truly love the book. Rhett.

Thanks, Rhett and everybody for your kind words about the book. It is now ranked #6,860 on Lulu.

Dr. Doogie
03-25-2008, 06:18 PM
I was just reviewing the comments on the Lulu site about SFA and must express my gratitude for the reception that the book has received. It is touching that the story of the family's search for Anna has moved so many people. I know that each day that this connection is demonstrated here on WS by your continued support and participation in the search and I am especially thankful for those who have publicly told their stories both here and on Lulu.

Annasbro
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all of the hard work getting it out there. I just ordered my copy - can't wait to get it. The site seems to work well

okietexan
03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I was just reviewing the comments on the Lulu site about SFA and must express my gratitude for the reception that the book has received. It is touching that the story of the family's search for Anna has moved so many people. I know that each day that this connection is demonstrated here on WS by your continued support and participation in the search and I am especially thankful for those who have publicly told their stories both here and on Lulu.

Dr. Doogie, both you and Annasmom deserve so much respect and credit for keeping Anna's story out there. The book was amazing with so many details that I could just picture the house and the property. I have no doubt that great things will happen and Anna will be found. I don't think anyone can help but be moved by the obvious love Annasmom has for her Anna and her boys. And your love, time and effort in the search is the icing on the cake. Kudos to all who worked on this wonderful book. God will bless you richly!

dbradford04
03-27-2008, 05:07 PM
What a coincidence. I have 3 "dearest friends" in my world. Anna's brother Nonda is one of them. I received my copy of the book today and promptly read it cover to cover, (4th time reading the story). I put down the book half-way through to check the mail, and got a card from one of my other dearest friends. The card showed 2 dogs with suitecases, and it is inscribed. "In life, it's not where you go, it's who you travel with."

My heart breaks again for my "Dearest Friend" Nonda and his family. I am honored to have traveled with him.

Strength and courage my friends.

Dan

Dr. Doogie
04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
There has been a delay in getting the book available on the major retail sites llike Amazon.com. Evidently, I was supposed to include a barcode on the back of the cover. How the heck I create one is a mystery to me. I am going to contact Lulu and ask a human being how this needs to done, then we can get the book in wider distribution. Rats!

Annasmom
06-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Searching for Anna is now available on Amazon.com and on Barnes and Noble search engines, and the total price including shipping comes to something under $20. In order to attract interest outside our own circle, we need as many reviews as possible on these sites, but apparently you have to order a book to get your review published. So far, only my "pre-publication" review appears (speak of tooting your own horn) on Amazon. Congratulations to Doogie for figuring out the bar code mystery so that all this could happen. I am assuming local bookstores can now get the book as well, if people ask for it. All in all, Doogie says we have sold about 90 copies through the Lulu site.

Annasmom
06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Four months after the initial publication on Lulu, the book has earned $271.07 in royalties after the cost (donated by family members) of Lulu's distribution package was paid. Expenses, again excluding the distribution package, have come to $494.32 for distribution copies, bookplates, postage and copyright application. Annasunc has paid the yearly fee to maintain the web page. As Doogie says, we have nowhere to go but up! Thank you, all you great souls who have posted reviews on the Lulu site and the Amazon site.

Gina_M
06-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I just ordered another copy of the book through Lulu, since I gave away my original copy. I will try to spread the word however I can.

Annasmom
07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't think Searching for Anna is going to make the best-seller list any time soon: It's Number 1,411,306th on Amazon's list! On the other hand, it has worked its way up from Number 18,813 the day it was published on Lulu to Number 4,661st. Not bad.

Dr. Doogie
07-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't think Searching for Anna is going to make the best-seller list any time soon: It's Number 1,411,306th on Amazon's list!...

Yeah, but I read the other 1,411,305 in front of us and they aren't nearly as good as SFA! :python:

Julessleuther
07-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Did you send one to Oprah so she can make one of her book club selections? :)

Annasmom
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you send one to Oprah so she can make one of her book club selections? :) Quite a few Forum members and I have sent letters to Oprah, but there has never been any response at all, not even a form letter acknowledging the correspondence. We were hoping she would do a program on the anniversary of Anna's disappearance, and then we hoped she might do one for Missing Children's day in May...nothing. Her network has background video footage and is aware of the case. We'd want at least some indication of interest before going to the trouble and expense of sending a book which might just be discarded. Any ideas?

SideKick
07-15-2008, 09:14 PM
At a garden party this year I met a television producer and told him the story of Anna, he suggested we take her website url, and put in in a mass email to television development departments and see what response we get. As well as Production Companies I'll email networks as well, perhaps on an individual email.... or something like that.

This is a less expensive way as well to reach the masses.

The outline in the story has to sell them, has to written perfectly, I will see what I can do in creating the page .... SherlockJr where are you?! Hehehee

Dr. Doogie
08-13-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think Searching for Anna is going to make the best-seller list any time soon: It's Number 1,411,306th on Amazon's list!

Slowly, but surely, we are moving on up - we are now #662,503 on Amazon.com. That means that we have now passed up 737,803 other books! Number one, here we come!

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Slowly, but surely, we are moving on up - we are now #662,503 on Amazon.com. That means that we have now passed up 737,803 other books! Number one, here we come!

Yea! I hate to even admit this, but I have yet to order my copies. I want to get a copy for me, and one for a good friend who lives overseas in Doha, Qatar. (middle east) She is a real book worm, and travels extensively...she is also in a major international book club (though a web ring of some sort), and I think I could get her to suggest the book as a read.

Is Annasmom still signing book plates? (I think that is what she called them.)

Annasmom
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Yea! I hate to even admit this, but I have yet to order my copies. I want to get a copy for me, and one for a good friend who lives overseas in Doha, Qatar. (middle east) She is a real book worm, and travels extensively...she is also in a major international book club (though a web ring of some sort), and I think I could get her to suggest the book as a read.

Is Annasmom still signing book plates? (I think that is what she called them.)

Yes, indeed. The bookplates are a smaller version of the book cover, an oil painting of Anna. I have plenty left! Just send a self-addressed stamped envelope. I'll PM the address if you don't have it. If you want Doogie's and Sherlock's signatures as well, enclose stamp and I'll send them and the sticker along.

Dr. Doogie
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey! I charge for my autograph!

Dr. Doogie
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
We are #533,812 on Barnes and Noble's site. Yippee!

Gina_M
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM

I gave a copy to my mom and ordered another one for myself; my mom ordered 5 copies to give out to friends. I also asked her to ask them to write reviews and rate the book on lulu and amazon. That's a great idea about giving one to your friend who is in a book club. I'm going to bring mine to work sometime and see if any of my co-workers are interested in borrowing it.

Annasmom
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I want to remind everyone of the Project Jason Birthday Campaign (www.projectjason.org). We have donated $27 from Searching for Anna royalties to the campaign, and it is my hope that WebSleuthers will remember what good work Project Jason does and how much Kelly has helped us in our own case.

Annasmom
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I want to remind everyone of the Project Jason Birthday Campaign (www.projectjason.org). We have donated $27 from Searching for Anna royalties to the campaign, and it is my hope that WebSleuthers will remember what good work Project Jason does and how much Kelly has helped us in our own case.

Dr. Doogie
09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Annasmom:

You are repeating yourself. And not only that, you are repeating yourself. :)

I want to add this little tidbit: The sales of Searching for Anna has surpassed the 100 quantity milestone (103 to be exact). Not exactly a "bestseller", but not a bad start with little marketing beyond word-of-mouth. Thanks guys!

Annasmom
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I've been helping a friend get out her book on Meditation, proof-reading, etc. She says that for every ten books she sells, she will buy a copy of SFA and donate it to a library.

Joe Ford
10-16-2008, 07:07 AM
I've been helping a friend get out her book on Meditation, proof-reading, etc. She says that for every ten books she sells, she will buy a copy of SFA and donate it to a library.

Sign me up. What is the title and where can I purchase it?

KivaSupporter
10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Sign me up. What is the title and where can I purchase it?

I would like to buy it, too.

Annasmom
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I would like to buy it, too.

The book is called Any Time Any Place Meditation for Your Earthwalk, by Susan Bradfield. It was just submitted to Lulu.com yesterday, so it should be available through Lulu's website very shortly. Doogie can clarify how long that might be, and how long the delay is before Amazon and Barnes and Noble will be listing it (Doogie being the technical brains behind Searching for Anna, as well as the designer and author of the Foreword and Chapter 20.)

Joe Ford
10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Is it possible to include a direct link to LULU on the forum or in all the posts so it would be easier to order the book? It might be discouraging to some to have to backsearch through all the posts to find the connection. Just a thought.

Annasmom
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Is it possible to include a direct link to LULU on the forum or in all the posts so it would be easier to order the book? It might be discouraging to some to have to backsearch through all the posts to find the connection. Just a thought.
The direct link to order Any Time Any Place is: http://www.lulu.com/content/4479513

Susan Bradfield, the author, has promised to purchase a copy of Searching for Anna for every ten of her books she sells and to donate it to a public library.

MagicRose99
10-24-2008, 03:30 PM
The direct link to order Any Time Any Place is: http://www.lulu.com/content/4479513

Susan Bradfield, the author, has promised to purchase a copy of Searching for Anna for every ten of her books she sells and to donate it to a public library.

You can also order this wonderful book from Amazon.com

huk
10-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Just a suggestion, but you could put the link in your signature, that way it shows up on all your posts.

Dr. Doogie
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM

I am pretty sure that Joe meant the link for Searching for Anna. It can be found through the searchingforanna.com site (which is in my signature at the bottom of my posts) or directly from

http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085

Joe Ford
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
I am pretty sure that Joe meant the link for Searching for Anna. It can be found through the searchingforanna.com site (which is in my signature at the bottom of my posts) or directly from

http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085
Thanks D. You are right. Sorry if my post was unclear.

Gina_M
02-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Those of you who have Facebook accounts... you can add the application "I read/We read" and add "Searching For Anna" as one of your favorite books. You can also write a review on there and recommend the book to your Facebook friends!

Annasmom
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Those of you who have Facebook accounts... you can add the application "I read/We read" and add "Searching For Anna" as one of your favorite books. You can also write a review on there and recommend the book to your Facebook friends!

What a great idea, Gina!

Cubby
03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
bumping to the front page.

Skully
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Is the book available in other languages? I am thinking about Italy? How we would promote the book?

SideKick
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Is the book available in other languages? I am thinking about Italy? How we would promote the book?

Such an excellent thought Bern. Way to go! :dance:

I doubt the book is available in other languages, but I'm sure we'll find out soon. If we could get a couple of copies sent to some schools in northern and southern Italy, perhaps the word will spread? I will try to think of resources.

Annasmom
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Such an excellent thought Bern. Way to go! :dance:

I doubt the book is available in other languages, but I'm sure we'll find out soon. If we could get a couple of copies sent to some schools in northern and southern Italy, perhaps the word will spread? I will try to think of resources.

The book has not been translated, though if you Google it, you will see that it is available on many sites already. One way to get it circulated abroad would be to make it available on Kindle and other readers. Some Lulu books are already available in this form, but I'm not sure just what this entails. Curiously, we have never had a confirmation of our copyright, though the application was made when the book first came out, copies sent, check sent, etc. The copyright office says they have a backlog, but I think this has to be the backlog of all time!

MagicRose99
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
The book has not been translated, though if you Google it, you will see that it is available on many sites already. One way to get it circulated abroad would be to make it available on Kindle and other readers. Some Lulu books are already available in this form, but I'm not sure just what this entails. Curiously, we have never had a confirmation of our copyright, though the application was made when the book first came out, copies sent, check sent, etc. The copyright office says they have a backlog, but I think this has to be the backlog of all time!

Kindles will read pdf, prc and mobi files. There is a free program called Calibre which will convert many formats into one of these three.

Once converted, it's the distribution you'd have to find out how to get going.

Annasmom
04-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Kindles will read pdf, prc and mobi files. There is a free program called Calibre which will convert many formats into one of these three.

Once converted, it's the distribution you'd have to find out how to get going.
Oh, MagicRose, it's good to see you here again. The distribution has always been on-demand from Lulu.com, and I imagine it would continue that way. Doogie had to submit the document as a pdf file, so it wouldn't have to be converted. Doogie, what do you know about all this?

OzzieMum
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM

Maybe Raf or Pink Panther might have some ideas on how to promote the book in Italy if it was translated.

Annasmom
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Translating a book could take as long as writing one...I think we might do better to think of distribution and hoping that people abroad who read English might see it. Today I saw on a Google search that a company in India is selling it.

MagicRose99
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh, MagicRose, it's good to see you here again. The distribution has always been on-demand from Lulu.com, and I imagine it would continue that way. Doogie had to submit the document as a pdf file, so it wouldn't have to be converted. Doogie, what do you know about all this?

Thanks, Annasmom!

I do believe that Lulu sells those types of ebooks too...

Pink Panther
04-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Maybe Raf or Pink Panther might have some ideas on how to promote the book in Italy if it was translated.

I would be happy to help in whatever way I can. I have been looking for additional Italian websites that could feature Anna's story and will continue to do so...

Unfortunately, while I may be able to check in on occasion, I am unlikely to be able to do much on the internet for the next couple of weeks but I will let you know when I can get more involved again!

Dr. Doogie
04-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Lulu offers to sell ebooks also. When we first published SFA, I set it up only as a "hard copy" product, but with a simple check of a toggle button, the book could be available for electronic download also.

Annasmom, do you want me to set this up?

Annasmom
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Lulu offers to sell ebooks also. When we first published SFA, I set it up only as a "hard copy" product, but with a simple check of a toggle button, the book could be available for electronic download also.

Annasmom, do you want me to set this up?

Yes, indeed, Doogie! Also, see your e-mail for a question about iPad format.

Dr. Doogie
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I have enabled an edownload function of SFA at the Lulu website. The price is $7.95 - 50% less than the hard copy of the book. PDF files can be viewed by Kindle with native software or with an Ipod with a PDF Reader app. If we need to send ecopies to anyone, I can download the files for free or I also have the original pdf files that I uploaded originally.

MagicRose99
04-26-2010, 11:41 PM
One of the best things about my Kindle is that I can email docs, books, music, etc. to it for a small fee. If you find out the person's Amazon user ID you can email it to them. For example, JohnDoe@kindle.com.

Annasmom
05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
The copyright on Searching for Anna FINALLY came through (more than two years after the application.) The book now has a Library of Congress number dated back to March 17, 2008: TX7-120-730.

floridamomma
09-02-2013, 11:20 AM
i would love this book, it's not available at the link any longer...or on kindle?!

Annasmom
09-02-2013, 12:57 PM
i would love this book, it's not available at the link any longer...or on kindle?!

Thank you so much for your interest. The free download was available for a limited time before the manuscript was published. Now you can get it from Amazon or direct from Lulu, the publisher. Let me know if you need these links. It should be available for e-readers as well.

floridamomma
09-02-2013, 05:12 PM
thank you, let me check to see how much money i have, id love to read it. i dont feel im much help, but will certainly do anything possible!

hugs & peace!

Annasmom
09-03-2013, 01:50 AM
thank you, let me check to see how much money i have, id love to read it. i dont feel im much help, but will certainly do anything possible!

hugs & peace!

We have placed a few copies in the local library. If you request the book from your local library, you would be able to read it and would also give the book a wider circulation! Best of luck. Let us know how it goes!

floridamomma
09-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I ordered it from Amazon today- wish it was available on Kindle, but it wasn't. (I'm old, but still into that instant gratification thing!)

Anxious to get it! More anxious for you to get some answers, though. (hugs)

Cubby
09-11-2013, 12:05 PM
For those interested in the Searching for Anna book, here is the link to order the book through lulu.

Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085 (http://www.lulu.com/content/2005085)

floridamomma
09-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Well, my book arrived in the mail today- I just finished it.

I wish I could say I had some kind of instinct, a light bulb moment...

I do not feel that she has passed on. In reading for so many months (all these threads) I opened the book with an open mind. After finishing the book, I sat there and just held it... I wish I had some answers. If I had to guess, I have to say I think her bio father had some contact with a woman who could not have a child, and he directed her to Anna. I am sure this idea has been tossed around, it just didn't stick to me as I read it here- it just kinda landed on me as I finished the book.

Again, hugs, prayers and peace to Anna's family.