PDA

View Full Version : CO CO - Christopher Enoch Abeyta, 7 months, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

annemc2
05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Christopher Enoch Abeyta
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: July 15, 1986 from Colorado Springs, Colorado
# Classification: Non-Family Abduction
# Date Of Birth: November 28, 1985
# Age: 7 months old
# Height and Weight: 2'2, 25 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Blond hair, blue eyes. Abeyta is of Swedish, German and Spanish descent. His hair may darken to brownish-blond as he grows older. His father and brothers are all of average to above average height and Abeyta may be also.

Details of Disappearance
Abeyta's parents discovered that he was missing in the early morning hours of July 15, 1986 from their Colorado Springs, Colorado home. They had put him to bed at midnight and in the morning they found his crib empty. A basement window was open and the garage door opener had apparently been stolen. Abeyta has never been heard from again. His parents alerted police to his disappearance at 6:30 a.m.
Members of Abeyta's family were initially viewed as potential suspects in his case. It was reported that his mother failed a polygraph exam shortly after his disappearance, which she stated was caused by a withdrawal from tranquilizers.
Both parents admitted that the baby, who was much younger than his five older siblings, was not planned and initially not wanted. There were no signs of forced entry to the house. The Abeytas said they had left the front door unlocked that night, but police stated that this was uncharacteristic of them. Police also stated that, due o the placement of Abeyta's crib at the far end of a very cluttered room, only a person very familiar with the room could have crossed it in the dark without tripping over things and making noise. Abeyta's parents are therefore not being ruled out as suspects in his disappearance.
Three weeks after Abeyta vanished, authorities drained Quail Lake to search for his body. They had no evidence to suggest he might be there, but decided to look anyway. No evidence relating to Abeyta's case was found in the lake.
Abeyta's family members believe that he is alive and unaware that he was abducted from his home, and that possibly the person(s) raising him also do not know he was kidnapped. His loved ones operate a web site that features information about his case. They believe he may be in Texas or New Mexico. Abeyta's case remains unsolved.

Although I don't think they're related, this case reminds me of the Aisenberg case. I've never heard about this child before. It seems that if he really was alive and had the publicity that the Aisenberg case had, he might have been located. I wonder what makes them think he is in TX or NM? I found out about this case while perusing www.thecharleyproject.org His family also has a website set up at www.findchristopher.com Has anyone else looked into this case or know anything about it?

lady-eowyn
05-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Although I don't think they're related, this case reminds me of the Aisenberg case. I've never heard about this child before. It seems that if he really was alive and had the publicity that the Aisenberg case had
Even with the publicity of the Aisenberg case she hasn't been located...if she's still alive.

I'm not familiar with this case, but it makes me wonder sometimes, where do all these missing people go? :confused:

lindsay
03-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Date Of Birth: November 28, 1985
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 months old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'2; 25 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Not available

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Nov 28, 1985
Missing Date: Jul 15, 1986
Age Now: 20
Missing City: COLORADO SPRINGS
Missing State : CO
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC600552

NCME (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=600552&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US)

Charley Project (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/abeyta_christopher.html)

Find Cristopher (http://www.findchristopher.com/)

Khavna
06-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Missing since July 15, 1986 from Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 28, 1985
Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 months old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'2; 25 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
<LI>Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Abeyta's parents awoke during the early morning hours of July 15, 1986 to discover that their infant son had been abducted from their home in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Upon investigation of the property, officers found that the basement window was open and the garage door opener was missing.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Colorado Springs Police Department
719-444-7000
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number:
86-20515

NCIC Number:
M-247963785
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information related to this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=600552&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US)
Please Help us Find Christopher (http://www.findchristopher.com/sys-tmpl/door/)

[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/font][/color][/size][/font]

Khavna
06-08-2006, 06:53 PM
I wonder why someone would want to take this child from his own home?

meggilyweggily
06-08-2006, 08:04 PM
To sell him, most likely. Blond, blue-eyed baby like that would be much sought after.

I have more details on my own site:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/abeyta_christopher.html

Khavna
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
sad thing about that is whoever took him would have been watching the family and picking a suitable sign for him/her to take Christopher :(

Khavna
06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
To sell him, most likely. Blond, blue-eyed baby like that would be much sought after.

I have more details on my own site:

my goodness after reading it makes me think that a family member has taken him :doh:

bykerladi
06-11-2006, 06:09 PM
If not a family member, then someone who had intimate knowledge of the family. And the parent's actions are a tad odd... Who would tell LE that a child is unplanned and unwanted?

meggilyweggily
06-11-2006, 07:06 PM
If not a family member, then someone who had intimate knowledge of the family. And the parent's actions are a tad odd... Who would tell LE that a child is unplanned and unwanted? Perhaps LE asked them. I know LE asks a lot of very personal questions in those kinds of investigations, all the while saying things like "I know this is difficult, but we need to know the truth." I recall one investigation with an abducted child where they conducted testing to determine that the little girl was really the offspring of her mother and father.

Khavna
06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
If not a family member, then someone who had intimate knowledge of the family. And the parent's actions are a tad odd... Who would tell LE that a child is unplanned and unwanted?
that is true, plus why would you make a website up for your 'un-wanted' child?! :furious: the person that did this surely must have known the family surely because of the way they did it. i mean to do it so quietly without them waking up is one thing but apparently his bedroom was really cluttered anybody from the outside would have made a noise if they went in there. i've heard of cases were it turns out that the plumber, decorator etc has taken a child/ren becasue they had legitimate access to the houses and it was easy for them to know the layout of the house. i wonder if the family ever looked into this possibility :waitasec: :twocents:

Khavna
06-11-2006, 07:12 PM
actually another point, why did the child not cry the night he was taken? :waitasec:

meggilyweggily
06-11-2006, 11:50 PM
I think possibly the abductor picked up the sleeping baby so carefully that he didn't wake it. Many children older than that are snatched from beds with nary a sound.

I'm sure the Abeytas want Christopher now. A lot of people are really angry about expecting a baby, how can we afford this, years more of middle-of-the-night feedings, etc, then it's actually born and they're all "awwww, woogie woogie"

Khavna
06-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I think possibly the abductor picked up the sleeping baby so carefully that he didn't wake it. Many children older than that are snatched from beds with nary a sound.

I'm sure the Abeytas want Christopher now. A lot of people are really angry about expecting a baby, how can we afford this, years more of middle-of-the-night feedings, etc, then it's actually born and they're all "awwww, woogie woogie"

true i know alot of people that were like that :angel: simply the abductor could have used something to cover his mouth?! :eek: to stop him from crying etc or even the child knew that abductor so when Christopher woke up there was no peep from him because he knew who the person was. i personally believe that stranger abductions happen when a child is outside like that many stories here but in cases like these i think that they are known to the family. this is only because you would have a lot of guts to break into a home and steal a child :furious:

meggilyweggily
06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
You have to have a lot of guts to kidnap a child, period. Elizabeth Smart's abductor broke into her home, did he not?

Khavna
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
You have to have a lot of guts to kidnap a child, period. Elizabeth Smart's abductor broke into her home, did he not?
Elizabeth's smart's abductor was KNOWN to the family he was their gardener so he knew what their house was like etc, i think you have alot of guts to kidnap them in their own home :doh: sometimes children exspecially young ones are just too trustworthy of adults and sometimes its too late when they find out what they are really like :twocents:

meggilyweggily
06-12-2006, 11:45 PM
The abductor wasn't that well known to the family. He'd been hired for just a day or two, months and months before, and I'm not sure his job involved going inside the house at all.

I don't see why kidnapping a child from their home would take any more resolve than kidnapping one off the street. I don't think it involves any more risk -- on the street you're more likely to be seen than you would be in a private house while everyone was asleep.

bykerladi
06-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Because in this case the baby wasn't easy to get to or easy to find. Someone had to work REALLY hard to get this baby without being caught.

Khavna
06-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Because in this case the baby wasn't easy to get to or easy to find. Someone had to work REALLY hard to get this baby without being caught.
Agreed if you read the case the police believe hold hardly that it was someone well known to the family to be able to have access to the house firstly they left the door un-locked that night totally uncharacteristic of them so the perpertrator came in through there because there was NO forced entry. secondly Christopher was at the other end of his room all around the crib was stacks of junk a person unknown to the family would make a hell of a noise but strangly there was no noise and no crashing therefore the person had to have known the room REALLY WELL to have done this and gotten away with it. last but not least the parents themselves are STILL suspect in his disaperance becasue of evidence that points to them :twocents:

SadieJane
06-26-2006, 12:01 AM
This has always felt like a non-family abduction to me. If Christopher was abducted for adoption purposes, it could have been a friend of the family or an acquaintance who would have had access to the house and seen his room.

There was a case a few years ago where a house was set on fire and an infant girl, Delimar Vega, was presumed dead, but it turned out a woman who had visited her house before took her and set the fire to cover her tracks. Six years later her mother saw her at a birthday party and realized this was her daughter (the body was never found) and the woman had stolen her. It's an amazing story.

I hope one day Christopher will recognize his face and decide to come forward. I wonder how thorougly acquaintances/friends/etc were investigated at the time of the kidnapping.

Khavna
06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
your right sadie it is sad:sick: however i have a feeling it's a family member abduction or if not a family member someone who has been watching them for a long time and knows alot about his family and their house structure etc

beakiebean
06-26-2006, 04:43 PM
In the first post it says that the garage door opener was missing. I wonder where it was kept and how long it was missing-did it go missing right when it happened or had it been missing for awhile. Most people I know keep them in their car or purse so they can have easy access to it.

Opening a garage door makes a lot of noise though-I can't imagine that someone would use the garage door opener to try to sneak in-I think it would wake someone up.

I suppose if someone was watching the family they could have stolen it with the intentions of using it when they kidnapped Christopher but then changed their mind and came in through the basement window. Or maybe they took it to make it look like that was how they got in and throw off the investigation.

I'm mostly thinking out loud here I guess-I just can't riddle out the garage door openers place in this and why someone would take it.

Khavna
06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
actually their front (or back) door was left unlocked that night and the police think that's how the perpertrator came into the house because there was no evidence of forced entry at all :twocents: and since the family left in unlocked the police became suspicious of them because that was totally out of character for them :confused:

SadieJane
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm confused as to where you got this information about the family's door being unlocked and this being out of character for them.

What I read on the Charley Project & the Doe Network said that the basement window was left open. I don't know whether this was unusual or not. They may not have used their basement often, so the window could have been open for days.

I don't know first-hand how often a garage door opener is used, but it seems like if it was missing, you would notice it pretty quickly. Is it possible they had two garage door openers and that's why they didn't notice? It could have just gotten lost and they didn't notice it was gone till after Christopher was kidnapped. I don't know for sure that it's connected, but the basement window is definitely suspicious.

I don't know-- it is puzzling. I think the police should question everyone who was in that house since Christopher was born, period.

Khavna
06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
"The Abeytas said they had left the front door unlocked that night, but police stated that this was uncharacteristic of them"

this directly comes from the charley project site for christopher :dance:

"Both parents admitted that the baby, who was much younger than his five older siblings, was not planned and initially not wanted. There were no signs of forced entry to the house. The Abeytas said they had left the front door unlocked that night, but police stated that this was uncharacteristic of them. Police also stated that, due to the placement of Abeyta's crib at the far end of a very cluttered room, only a person very familiar with the room could have crossed it in the dark without tripping over things and making noise. Abeyta's parents are therefore not being ruled out as suspects in his disappearance"

lilsister
06-29-2006, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Khavna]"The Abeytas said they had left the front door unlocked that night, but police stated that this was uncharacteristic of them"

How would the police know their habits re safety, did they tell them this?

Khavna
06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
the abeyta's said that they left the door accidentily unlocked, maybe they said they rountinely lock it every night

bykerladi
06-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry, but this story is getting more and more suspicious. The family uncharacteristically leaves the front door open one night, and it just happens to be the night that someone breaks in, makes their way silently through the house, goes into the one room with the baby in it, makes their way around TONS of junk to find a baby hidden in the back, picks up the baby without a sound, and someone tracks back all the way through the house without anyone noticing. Uh huh.

Khavna
06-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry, but this story is getting more and more suspicious. The family uncharacteristically leaves the front door open one night, and it just happens to be the night that someone breaks in, makes their way silently through the house, goes into the one room with the baby in it, makes their way around TONS of junk to find a baby hidden in the back, picks up the baby without a sound, and someone tracks back all the way through the house without anyone noticing. Uh huh.
yes i highely agree, the police still have the parents as a suspect. mind you the family has a website dedicated to his memory and are still looking for him. the police themselves stated that only a person who was very familiar with the layout of the room would be able to successfully take the child (because their was so much junk in the room)
having said this though i myself have accidentily left the front door keys in the door all night, and ususally i always check to make sure it is properly locked and the keys are not in the door (i've done this 4 times!) so i guess it is easy to forget exspecially when your busy.

the police know that there was no forced entry into the house at all, how would the abductor know that the door was unlocked??? :eek: to get inside the house and take christopher without anybody "knowing" :bang: makes me think that the parents know more than they let on :furious:

anthrobones
07-14-2006, 08:13 PM
bumping up post

Khavna
07-14-2006, 08:48 PM
bumping up post
thanks anthrobones, my suspicions lye with the parents knowing something odd happened to him :furious:

meggilyweggily
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Christopher's sister wrote me a few days ago. She maintains that her family was innocent of involvement in his disappearance and the police were suffering from tunnel vision and had a negligent and incompetent investigation. (Given that they have lost most of the evidence in this case, she may be right. http://www.koaa.com/news/view.asp?ID=5171 )

Christopher's sister says the family habitually left the front door unlocked and the room he was in was not cluttered at all, and she knows because she put him to bed herself on the night of his abduction. She also says he was not unwanted and his entire family adored him.

lilsister
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the info meggily. I do not believe they are guilty. JMO

docwho3
08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
If the police suspect the family they probably know more case info than we do that points to the family and I certainly won't dipute their greater access to case facts or their greater experience with cases in general. Having said all that, I have the following insight to offer:

Many long years ago my young wife & I had some problems we needed to work out and so for a short time my young son & I moved in with my parents while we sorted things out (which troubles we later worked out nicely.) My parents lived in a mobile home back then which had the kind of lock on the back door that you lock by pushing and turning. Evidently one night we forgot to lock the door. In the rural area we lived in most people did not lock their doors anyway. One night my sister heard a noise and it was coming from my son's bedroom. She got up to investigate and found a teen neighbor kid standing in the room softly calling my sons name (my son was less than 5 yrs old then). Fortunately the teen was unarmed and she marched his backside down the hall & woke the rest of us and we called the cops and his parents.

It turned out the neighbor kid had some mental problems that he needed help with. Our story ended well but it could easily have been a tragedy. If my sister had not woke up and caught the guy then either we all could have been killed in our sleep or my son could have been kidnapped with no sign of forced entry into the house. If he had been kidnapped I am sure L.E. would have had to start their investigation and their suspicions with the family, just because I think that is where you always start, with those that are closest to the missing person and then you work outwards from there.

I am not saying the family is innocent but I am trying to show that odd things do sometimes happen so I try to keep an open mind even when I see that there are similarities in the story of these parents to others who have been guilty of wrongdoing.

Old Broad
08-06-2006, 10:43 AM
The whole time I was growing up our door was not locked, we didn't even have a key to it that I know of. I was the youngest of 8 children and am sure that when my mother found out she was pregnant again I also was "unplanned and unwanted"
If the police were focused on the family only, they may very well have missed clues pointing elsewhere. A young baby taken away would have no idea he'd been stolen years later, he may have been told he was adopted. I do hope that where ever he went he was cared for and loved.
It very well could have been a case of someone knowing the family and thinking they already had enough children.
Going into a dark room, even if cluttered would not be impossible, bring along a flashlight and you should manage quite well or even have night vision goggles. If someone is determined it's surprising what you can do!

OB

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
01-13-2008, 03:18 AM
I was looking on NCMEC about 6 months ago and came across Christophers case. As soon as I saw his age progression my heart skipped a beat and I immediately said, "That kid looks sooooo familiar". His picture looks very similar to a guy I took a few classes with in college. I looked everywhere for a picture of him, but was unsuccessful as I couldn't remember his last name until tonight. It just popped into my head. So I did a MySpace search and found him.

I put Christopher's age progressions up next to a few pictures of this guy, and to me they look similar. I don't know if it's just because I know the guy and have been thinking that they look alike for 6 months, or if they really do. Also, I don't know his family history or anything like that, so I'm going off of the pictures only. I'm not sure I want to post the comparison on here though. I would love to have all of your opinions, but I don't really feel that it would be appropriate, especially since I don't have his permission.

I would love some opinions on what I could do. I'm also wondering if it would be okay to share the image via email with those that are interested. Thanks in advance.

hoppyfrog
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/50898802.html

15 July 09

Experts have created a new composite showing what Christopher Abeyta might look like, 23 years after the 7-month-old disappeared from the family's home in Colorado Springs.

The composite was released by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The Center is asking anyone who may have information about Abeyta, to call their toll-free national hotline, 1-800-THE-LOST.

Christopher disappeared from his parents' bedroom between 12:30 - 2:30 a.m. on July 15th, 1986.

Christopher Abeyta's mother has never stopped looking for him, even though she, at one time, was under police focus.

Bernice Abeyta says she's optimistic about this new composite, and about new leads generated recently. She says, "I want to do whatever it's going to take to get through to people to find Christopher."

[The new age progression, however, is not shown at the link!]

Mr. E
10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I saw on the family website that they are investigating a suspect, and I thought those following the case might be interested.

http://www.findchristopher.com/investigativefacts.html

at_peace_az
11-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I went to elementary school with the younger daughters...and was a fairly frequent guest at their home. This was a close and loving family. They were always laughing and joking with each other...I never saw a cross word between any of them.

Their mother Bernice is probably the most serene woman I ever met. She could be in the middle of chaos (as having 6 children and all of their friends in the house can create) and was completely unfazed and nothing but warm and welcoming.

As far as their home being cluttered...I can honestly say that even with their 6 children, there wasn't a single time I was at their home that it wasn't clean and orderly...this includes many times that I just stopped by without notice...

I think items about this case have been sensationalized...at the very least, exaggerated...

My own aunt had 5 children...when her youngest was 20, my aunt became unexpectantly pregnant again...my mother laughed at her and said she was so glad it was her and not my mom that had to do it all over again...And I know without a doubt that my mother loved us and my aunt loved my little cousin...

Kids are an enormous responsibility, so I totally see why the father thinking they were close to being done with that part of their lives, maybe wasn't pleasantly surprised to start over again...to take that to mean he didn't want their son or did something to cause him harm is a big, gigantic, humongous leap...one that really shouldn't have been taken...the fact that he answered honestly is an indication that he is an honest man...

To ask a grieving mother that has been on medication to deal with probably the worst situation a mother could ever be dealt, to take a lie detector test is just egregious...it shouldn't be a surprise that it would be inconclusive...the fact that she took it under those or any other circumstances should indicate that she was willing to do whatever it took to find her son...

As far as the door being left unlocked that night...first of all they lived in a smaller, very low crime community...also if you have 6 teenagers coming and going (school, work, friends, etc) is it really that hard to imagine how a door could go unlocked for the evening...

Now as far as a baby being taken in the middle of the night without a sound...who's to say there wasn't any sound? If you have 9 people living in a house, there is going to be noise...and if you want to get some sleep in a house with 9 people in it, you better get used to sleeping through noise and people walking around...And a baby so used to having so many different people holding him, may not wake up with just another person holding him...especially when he was full from a bottle feed at 12:30am.

I see two people that were just trying to answer all the questions they could (and answered all of the questions very honestly) so that the real investigation could take place...and focus on outside people.

Mr. & Mrs. Abeyta and their children have lived through the worst nightmare...they love their children, all 7 of them...I hope they find the answer and peace that is due to them.

denalves
11-07-2009, 12:59 AM
7 month old baby taken from his crib from his Parents room in the middle of the night. Non family abduction. www.findchristopher.com (http://www.findchristopher.com)
DOB: Nov 28, 1985Missing Date: Jul 15, 1986Age Now: 23Missing City: COLORADO SPRINGSMissing State : COMissing Country: United States

NCMEC
Doe Network

mysterygirl
11-07-2009, 04:07 AM
# UPDATE October 2009: The family is investigating a suspect. Because of our ongoing investigation, we are limited as to what we can report here.

From his website.......

Says the family was being stalked, receiving hang up phone calls..

This is heartbreaking.

denalves
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Press Release

Little Christopher Abeyta was kidnapped out of his crib in the middle of the night from his Colorado Springs home in Cheyenne Hills 23 years ago and has never been found. He was just 7 months old at the time of his abduction. The Abeyta Family will celebrate Christopher’s 24th birthday at 11:00 am, November 28, 2009 with a balloon release at Quail Lake Park in Cheyenne Hills. The Colorado Springs community is encouraged to come out and send a Birthday wish for Christopher up in a balloon. Please lend your support and ensure Christopher is not forgotten and he continues to have a voice.

The entire Colorado Springs community was effected by this high profile kidnapping case that remains unsolved to this day. The Abeyta family has never wavered in their search for Christopher and continues to believe Christopher is alive and well. They now have renewed hope that justice will be served and Christopher will be reunited with his family.

Additional information can be found on his website at www.findchristopher.com (http://www.findchristopher.com)

Read article on the Denver Post website.
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13828945 (http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_13828945)

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Prayers to Christopher's family. May they continue to be strong, and one day be reunited with him.

pudd
11-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Idaho, what happened with the possible match with the guy you took classes with?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Not much, pudd. A representative from NCMEC contacted me. I gave her some photos, and as much of his information as I had. I haven't heard anything else, so I'm assuming it was nothing.

denalves
11-29-2009, 04:34 AM
Hope Floats Balloon Release for Christopher Abeyta Nov 28, 2009 Birthday
Newsclip

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/77774642.html

http://www.krdo.com/global/story.asp?s=11585197

denalves
12-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Below is video taken by Christopher's sisters of the house and room Christopher was kidnapped from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiRP9DGFMU#watch-main-area (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiRP9DGFMU#watch-main-area)

The night Christopher was taken there was nothing in the pathway to his crib. There was no furniture obstructing the area leading to the crib either. The morning of his disappearance Christopher's mother was in a state of panic and was tossing things over frantically looking everywhere for Christopher. When the Detectives arrived at the scene they saw a couple of things on the floor and thought a kidnapper would have had to walk over those things to get to the crib, the investigators never questioned the family about them, but just assumed these items were on the floor when the kidnapper walked in the bedroom, which was not the case.

denalves
03-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Abeyta Family Suspect Information including uploaded documents on Christopher's Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/findchristopher

RubyRed
03-17-2010, 02:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiRP9DGFMU#watch-main-area

This was heartbreaking to watch, I hope they find him.

Daisy1975
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

As did that monster that took Polly Klaas.

Daisy1975
10-07-2010, 01:25 PM
yes i highely agree, the police still have the parents as a suspect. mind you the family has a website dedicated to his memory and are still looking for him. the police themselves stated that only a person who was very familiar with the layout of the room would be able to successfully take the child (because their was so much junk in the room)
having said this though i myself have accidentily left the front door keys in the door all night, and ususally i always check to make sure it is properly locked and the keys are not in the door (i've done this 4 times!) so i guess it is easy to forget exspecially when your busy.

the police know that there was no forced entry into the house at all, how would the abductor know that the door was unlocked??? :eek: to get inside the house and take christopher without anybody "knowing" :bang: makes me think that the parents know more than they let on :furious:

A lot about that bothered me as well at first. I grew up in Aurora, Colorado which is at least 75 miles north of Colorado Springs and we ALWAYS locked our doors at night. Granted, we were a family of all females (unless my older brother came to visit) and were especially cautious. However, I have talked to so many people over the years who never did (and still don't for that matter!) lock their doors or windows. People can feel too safe amongst their neighbors in my opinion.

Colorado Springs does have a lot of that "small town" feel to it too. I can see where the family might not feel they were in harm's way at all.

From what they've posted, Emma Bradshaw does look like a good suspect for it, but it seems like the police would have looked at her more closely had they any evidence?

What I find strange is that the family thinks she may have taken Christopher as revenge for the father having ended relations with her - yet they then state at other times they believe he was taken by someone who wanted a child and is being loved and cared for without knowing he was kidnapped?

With this woman's menacing background for stalking and harassment, if she did take Christopher, I don't get the feeling it would be out of love unless perhaps she then sold him? I am probably not making a lot of sense, as so many aspects of this case don't.

Boy I do see a trend with the Colorado Police departments having tunnel vision in child abduction cases though. Don't even get me started on the lost evidence.

denalves
10-28-2010, 02:50 AM
The CSPD has just listed Christopher's case as MOST WANTED for Information, http://www.springsgov.com/Page.aspx?NavID=3716. A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts or the arrest of Christopher's kidnapper. The Abeyta's suspect is EB of Castlerock, CO. EB was having an affair with Christopher's Father. The night Christopher disappeared was the first night that Christopher's father had spent the night back at the family home after a seperation from Christopher's Mom. EB's name had been given to Detectives the day after Christopher's disappearance, and unfortunately they did not investigate her. They were very inexperienced and formed a myopic view and felt it had to be a family member.

A few years previously to Christopher's kidnapping, EB had been arrested for stalking and harrasment of another mans family when he tried to break things off with her. She entered their home as well with no signs of forced entry and wrote threatening letters. For uploaded police records go to christopher abeyta's facebook page. EB broke into yet another mans home and on the police report the police officer wrote in capital letters, "HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET RID OF HER". EB clearly had an MO. She certainly had a motive. Another disturbing fact about EB is that when she was pregnant with her only son, she was brought into the hospital for a stab wound in her abdomen. She said the knife accidentally fell off the counter and into her pregnant belly injuring her unborn child. Her son was born and has a scar from it. EB has received mental healthcare. Christopher's kidnapper was obviously not mentally well. EB had been to the Abeyta home before his kidnapping. EB had been calling the Abeyta home and hanging up. She had also been calling the victims Granparents and hanging up. There are obviously other facts and pieces of information that can not be disclosed on this site due to the on-going investigation.

Christopher's Parents have never given up, even after 24 years. They have never moved from Colorado Springs and have always tried to get their sons story in the media. Not only was their son kidnapped, but they lived under the suspicion of having been involved, and they also lived with the fact that Christopher never received the investigation he deserved because of inexperienced investigators.

Finally after all of these years, there appears to be cold case detectives who realize this investigation was flawed. Nothing we can do about the past, but we finally can do something now. Christopher's family, and more importanly Christopher deserves answers for the peace so desperately needed. Justice will be served.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Denalves...I know EB is mentioned on Christopher's website www.findchristopher.com but do you have a link for the info you talk about in your second paragraph? TIA!

denalves
10-30-2010, 01:27 AM
The public records of the Abeyta's suspect are uploaded on Christopher's Facebook page. They include court documents and police reports of the suspect stalking, harrassment, and breaking in to other mens homes, http://www.facebook.com/findchristopher
It was the first night Christopher's father spent the night back at the family home after a brief seperation from Christopher's mother. This suspect called Christophers father several times the night of Christophers kidnapping trying to reach him up until midnight. Coincidence?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Link to the documents on the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/findchristopher#!/album.php?aid=17198&id=1671240809&fbid=1126460776322

Danaya
10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
How sad. What a beautiful little boy. I think that EB seems a likely suspect. How anyone can hurt a helpless little child or baby is beyond comprehension.

denalves
01-28-2011, 03:10 AM
EB, prime suspect in Christophers kidnapping has been asked by the Colorado Springs Police Department to take a polygraph and she has refused. She is not cooperating. www.findchristopher.com (http://www.findchristopher.com)

denalves
07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
The 25th anniversary date of Christopher's kidnapping is next week. http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=637590

denalves
07-16-2011, 06:23 AM
http://http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

denalves
10-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Our door was often unlocked at night. We lived in an upper middle class neighborhood in 1986. Christophers siblings were teenagers and woud come and go. Go to this link to see the layout of the home: http://www.youtube.com/user/findchristopher
The room was absolutely not cluttered. There was a waterbed, nightstand, crib, and dresser. The morning of Christopher's disappearance my Mom woke up and went to the crib to see it was empty. She tossed over a laundry basket and was running all over the house stumbling down the stairs. She was in her nightgown and once we called the Police she went into her bedroom to put on clothes. She was so frantic she couldn't even dress herself. When she pulled open her dresser drawer to put undergarments on the drawer fell on the floor. The dresser was near the window, not in the pathway of the door to the crib. When the Police got there they took photos of this and assumed this was on the floor the night before. They NEVER asked any of us about this. I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night. I was the first person to see my Parents that morning and hear my Mother's voice as she screamed out, "Christopher, he's not here!" And she had pure panic in her eyes. Yet, the Detectives only interviewed me a short time in his car the morning of my brothers disappearance?

denalves
10-10-2011, 04:35 AM
Parents told LE Christopher was an "unplanned" pregnancy. They had 6 other children, the youngest being 15 at the time, so it was quite a shock when Christopher's mother found out she was pregnant. Once she got over the initial shock of being pregnant in her 40's, she was excited about having the baby. Christopher's parents were very forthcoming and honest with LE. Christopher was loved by his whole family and given so much attention since he was the baby of the family.

krimekat
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh, denalves - so sorry for your family's loss . . . thanks for sharing & praying for peace!

mrye4709
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Wow, I hadn't heard of this case before. My son was born 2 days before Christopher, I just couldn't imagine. Hope he is found, it's never too late.

Kat
10-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Good to see you here denalves. Hopefully the link on the other subforum will lead other's to come read Christopher's thread.

I'll say a prayer for him tonight.

pdxmama
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.

Juno
10-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Denalves, this story breaks my heart. If there is anything we can do to help, say it.

Big hugs go out to this family.

w1df10wr
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Thank you to the member who posted about this on another thread.

Denalves, I'm so sorry for all your family has to go through since your brother was taken away. Hoping you get the answers & peace that you all deserve.

denalves
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Denalves,

Are there any updates on the woman that the family suspects is involved? I think the last I read was that she was asked to take a lie detector test but refused.

I'm so sorry about what Christopher's family has gone through. It's been so long.

The suspect, EB was contacted by local media to get her side of the story and she never returned their calls. She has only been interviewed at her home twice! She lives in Castle Rock Colorado with her adult son and his teenage daughter. She is single and was only married once in the late 60's and divorced after a couple of years. Her ex-husband was interviewed by my Mom and he said he felt she was "capable" of kidnapping Christopher. He told my Mom that when she was pregnant with their son she claimed that a knife accidentally slipped off the counter into her pregnant stomach injuring her unborn child. He said he saw her with scissors one day cutting up family photos into little pieces and putting them in the trash. Her ex-husband passed away a couple of years ago. He was a good source of information. When my Mom tracked him down and interviewed him she gave this information to LE but they still didn't take investigative steps toward our suspect.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.

andalso
10-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Where is Christopher's father now? (Your dad, I guess?) I am sorry if I missed that info (just popping over from the Lisa Irwin case to see if I can help)

SuziQ
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I keep thinking how terribly frustating this is for your family. Your mom had to sleuth her own son's kidnapping and then have LE completely ignore her.

You mentioned in Lisa's thread that LE has renewed interest. Can you tell us what they are doing?

Thank you

denalves
10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Where ever this woman lived during Christoper being taken, I would search that area very well. I wonder if she placed Baby Christopher some place that was special to Christopher's father and her when they were having an affair.

This woman lived in Pueblo, CO about 40 minutes from the home we lived in at the time in Colorado Springs. She worked in Colorado Springs as well. My Mom spoke with her neighbors who knew her and have lived in their since before the 80's. They never saw a baby at her home, but did provide some info about her. I went to the home she lived in last year and spoke with the current owners who bought home after she moved out. That is a very good idea, something we haven't thought of -- any special place they may have frequented.

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...

denalves
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
View this link for the story. http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

denalves
10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Denalves,

You may not know this but did the police ever investigate whether or not she had an alibi for the time Christopher went missing? Other than asking her to take a LD have the police done much in the way of investigating this woman at all, that you know of?

I can't imagine the frustration of have your baby go missing and feeling like the police weren't doing everything in their power to find the person. Praying for Christopher...

My brother was taken between 12:30 and 6 a.m. We went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 6 a.m. EB attempted to contact my father that night up until midnight. My Dad had been staying in Pueblo 40 miles away with my brother. My brother took the calls. Emma also lived in Pueblo, so if the calls were made from her home it would have taken her approximately 40 min to get to our house. My Dads car was parked in front of the house. The current detectives working the case have acknowledged the investigation was flawed. Alibi? EB is considered a suspect, if she had an alibi LE would have checked her off.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 02:44 PM
She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
My brother was taken between 12:30 and 6 a.m. We went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 6 a.m. EB attempted to contact my father that night up until midnight. My Dad had been staying in Pueblo 40 miles away with my brother. My brother took the calls. Emma also lived in Pueblo, so if the calls were made from her home it would have taken her approximately 40 min to get to our house. My Dads car was parked in front of the house. The current detectives working the case have acknowledged the investigation was flawed. Alibi? EB is considered a suspect, if she had an alibi LE would have checked her off.

Good point.

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 02:59 PM
She took Christopher out of anger and to get back at your Dad. That seems to be pretty clear with her background of stalking. If your Father is still alive ask him to remember back anything he might have told her that might click to where she might have gone with Christopher.

I'm surprised she didn't leave a calling card, like leave something of Christopher's for your dad to find somewhere. She must have had a lot of rage when she took him. 40 Miles! Wow, not good, the drive she could have stopped any place along the way. Wonder what area she would have stopped, rest stop? Any honey moon lanes her and your Dad went to?

I had the same thought Lera213. If I were some crazy stalker and I did something like this to get back at my lover, I feel like I would want to leave something behind. Just enough for him to know it was me but not enough to be able to prove it.

Of course, I'm not some crazy stalker so who knows? Maybe I've watched one to many crime shows.

chaddylex
10-12-2011, 03:32 PM

Wow, this is the first I have read this thread. I am hoping you and your family find answers soon.

SuziQ
10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
View this link for the story. http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

I'm very impressed that Colorado Springs PD destroyed 11,395 pieces of evidence, including evidence in Christophers case. :rolleyes:

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm very impressed that Colorado Springs PD destroyed 11,395 pieces of evidence, including evidence in Christophers case. :rolleyes:

Did this happen because the Cop that had an affair with this woman just wanted her to go away, was he threatened, scared, or just wanted his issue with her not to come up again.

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 06:14 PM
http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

I thought that this was really interesting:

"The CSPD has given the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children permission to take a look at Christopher's case.

"We're more than willing to have more eyeballs on it and have more people looking at it to see if there's anything that we can do to learn what happened to Christopher," Noblitt said.

Gil said he is thrilled with this latest development.

"These are the experts, the best that we got. These are the best guns there are, and I am so happy about that," he said.

The Abeytas said they are hopeful that the team of experts will bring them one step closer to closure."

Is the NCMEC still investigating? Has the family heard anything from them? I won't even comment on the loss of thousands of pieces of evidence. That's just ludicrous.

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Per her co-worker, EB (about:blank#) missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped. The co-worker was interviewed by my Mom, but it wasn't until a year after Christopher's disappearance. The co-worker was going to call crime stoppers and report Emma for some suspicious behavior after Christophers kidnapping, but didn't . The reason she didn't was because my Mom failed the polygraph and she said she figured LE knew more info and maybe she was looking too much into EB (about:blank#). Last year when new Detectives finally listened and looked over all of the investigating my Mom did over they years, they re-interviewed the co-worker. The place she worked is no longer in business and the owner passed away years ago. EB (about:blank#) spoke of a ranch in Wagon Mound NM often. It was a family ranch and it is dilapidated, but she grew up there. It would be about a 5 hour drive.

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Just wanted to bump this link from the first post:

http://www.findchristopher.com/

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Did this happen because the Cop that had an affair with this woman just wanted her to go away, was he threatened, scared, or just wanted his issue with her not to come up again.

I've spoke with the investigator at the District Attorney's office about this missing evidence. He said he can assure my family that it was just an "accident". You can imagine how my Parents feel. They already feel that Christopher didn't get a proper investigation and then the CSPD acccidentally destroys the evidence, one of the cities highest profile cases! I try not to think it was some cover up because they realize they messed up on this one, and we can't dwell on it, but no doubt it is disturbing.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Per her co-worker, EB (about:blank#) missed work the day Christopher was kidnapped. The co-worker was interviewed by my Mom, but it wasn't until a year after Christopher's disappearance. The co-worker was going to call crime stoppers and report Emma for some suspicious behavior after Christophers kidnapping, but didn't . The reason she didn't was because my Mom failed the polygraph and she said she figured LE knew more info and maybe she was looking too much into EB (about:blank#). Last year when new Detectives finally listened and looked over all of the investigating my Mom did over they years, they re-interviewed the co-worker. The place she worked is no longer in business and the owner passed away years ago. EB (about:blank#) spoke of a ranch in Wagon Mound NM often. It was a family ranch and it is dilapidated, but she grew up there. It would be about a 5 hour drive.
Has the area been checked out? I don't want to upset you but if she did Kill Christopher, maybe she buried him around that area?

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.coloradoconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=640778

I thought that this was really interesting:

"The CSPD has given the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children permission to take a look at Christopher's case.

"We're more than willing to have more eyeballs on it and have more people looking at it to see if there's anything that we can do to learn what happened to Christopher," Noblitt said.

Gil said he is thrilled with this latest development.

"These are the experts, the best that we got. These are the best guns there are, and I am so happy about that," he said.

The Abeytas said they are hopeful that the team of experts will bring them one step closer to closure."

Is the NCMEC still investigating? Has the family heard anything from them? I won't even comment on the loss of thousands of pieces of evidence. That's just ludicrous.

The CSPD scanned in the volumes of investigative information documentation and they have handed the case over to the NCMEC to review. It is currently being reviewed.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I've spoke with the investigator at the District Attorney's office about this missing evidence. He said he can assure my family that it was just an "accident". You can imagine how my Parents feel. They already feel that Christopher didn't get a proper investigation and then the CSPD acccidentally destroys the evidence, one of the cities highest profile cases! I try not to think it was some cover up because they realize they messed up on this one, and we can't dwell on it, but no doubt it is disturbing.

Understood and I wouldn't expect they would admit any wrong doing with the missing evidence. This to me makes it harder to believe that any investigator will work hard to solve this case. With the missing evidence my guess is from the start they think it is unsolvable because of missing Evidence. Not only that, if they do have indication that the evidence was destroyed on purpose, hrm no cop would want to be the one to uncover that fact and an aggressive cold case investigation would do that.

Catch 22!

That is all in the past, now the future, it is a shame your family paid tons of money for a PI. I hope the family though is putting a lot of pressure on LE. This is the only help that the family can get resources to actually come up with leads. I say they should at least pull her in to talk to her and have her relive her days before and after Christopher went missing. That is a start!

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:34 PM
OH one more suggestion. The cop that she had an affair with, is he still alive? Is he retired? If alive and retired perhaps he would be willing to use any contacts he has to get this case going. Perhaps he has information about this that he never divulged but now he might? Worth a shot.

If he knew something I'm sure it was heavy on his mind for years. My FIL was dying of cancer, on liquid Morphine, one night he was reliving a time when he was in the war. It was something that bothered him all his life but held it in. It came out when he was dopped up and dying. Perhaps if this past cop died something like this, he said something to a family member that didn't make sense to them, but it would you or to the investigation.

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Has the area been checked out? I don't want to upset you but if she did Kill Christopher, maybe she buried him around that area?

The area has not been checked out. But it needs to be. You won't upset me. I live with that reallity. If you talk to my Mom she believes he is alive and I am sure because she wants him to be. Because EB missed work that day, one of my mom's theories is that she drove to NM and told someone a story that she didn't want her baby and they took the baby. Christopher's case did not receive the national media attention back then. EB is a habitual liar, and it is unbelievable how she will talk as if what she is telling is the truth, very believable.

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
OH one more suggestion. The cop that she had an affair with, is he still alive? Is he retired? If alive and retired perhaps he would be willing to use any contacts he has to get this case going. Perhaps he has information about this that he never divulged but now he might? Worth a shot.

I agree completely with you. He needs to be spoken to. I have reached out to his now wife through Facebook and she has not returned my calls. He lives in Hutchinson, Kansas. We have spoken to acquaintances of his and they have been helpful in providing information. I have to wonder if the reason LE never took EB seriously as a suspect was because this Sheriff called them. I won't ever understand why they didn't investigate her early on. EB and him were very close. EB comes across normal (if there is a normal), but once you talk to her past lovers she was psycho when they tried to end their relationships with her.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
The area has not been checked out. But it needs to be. You won't upset me. I live with that realty. If you talk to my Mom she believes he is alive and I am sure because she wants him to be. Because EB missed work that day, one of my mom's theories is that she drove to NM and told someone a story that she didn't want her baby and they took the baby. Christopher's case did not receive the national media attention back then. EB is a habitual liar, and it is unbelievable how she will talk as if what she is telling is the truth, very believable.

I understand and your mother has a decent theory but with EB's past history with that knife...that is a big red flag to me. I wish I could go out there and dig the earth up. There has to be an agency out there or a group (grave searchers) that can or would accept to search that area. Hrm, then they would have to get permission to dig in the area. This is so heartbreaking and now will haunt me.

The good thing is the age progression photo shows him to be a beautiful man. I would take comfort in having that picture. I would probably have a big 11x14 portrait of it hanging in my house. Something about that picture just really reaches out.

denalves
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Understood and I wouldn't expect they would admit any wrong doing with the missing evidence. This to me makes it harder to believe that any investigator will work hard to solve this case. With the missing evidence my guess is from the start they think it is unsolvable because of missing Evidence. Not only that, if they do have indication that the evidence was destroyed on purpose, hrm no cop would want to be the one to uncover that fact and an aggressive cold case investigation would do that.

Catch 22!

That is all in the past, now the future, it is a shame your family paid tons of money for a PI. I hope the family though is putting a lot of pressure on LE. This is the only help that the family can get resources to actually come up with leads. I say they should at least pull her in to talk to her and have her relive her days before and after Christopher went missing. That is a start!

I agree. And I have to remind my Parents constantly that we can't do anything "about that". We have to work with what we have. We can't beat the current Detectives up for what the others didn't do.

Interestingly, I wondered if EB was thinking about Christopher now with Lisa Irwins case being the circumstances are so similar. I know my family feels we are reliving those first few weeks.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I agree completely with you. He needs to be spoken to. I have reached out to his now wife through Facebook and she has not returned my calls. He lives in Hutchinson, Kansas. We have spoken to acquaintances of his and they have been helpful in providing information. I have to wonder if the reason LE never took EB seriously as a suspect was because this Sheriff called them. I won't ever understand why they didn't investigate her early on. EB and him were very close. EB comes across normal (if there is a normal), but once you talk to her past lovers she was psycho when they tried to end their relationships with her.

She hasn't replied? um that says a lot to me. I'm sure your reaching out was very soft and gentle begging for any help and if she didn't answer you..wow, as a human being I couldn't deny you at least a sit down, phone call, email something. This tells me there is something more and they do not want to get involved. It could be too she just wants it to go away but how can you deny a family member searching for a loved one for so long. This just reeks!

If you reach out to her again, just make sure you state that whatever they tell you, that could help that you will not make public. You just need a decent lead. Any suggestions that he might have to where to start to look for Christopher. Something like that.

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:02 PM

My Dad is still alive and his greatest fear is he will die without "an ending". Very interesting points. Right after the disappearance he asked EB if she did this, ofcourse she said "no". She still wanted to have a relationship with my father. He told her she was going to be investigated. Who, in there right mind would still want to see someone if they were possibly blaming them for kidnapping their son? If you go to Christophers facebook page you can see some of the police records and a court document from an incident she had from another affair. I think she was trying to hurt my Mom, more than my Dad.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 07:05 PM
There is a website for adoptive people to look for their bio parents. Have you submitted the age progression photo and Christopher's information on sites like this? You can add the photo and his birth. It might click with someone. If he was illegally adopted, he might be searching for his bio parent through one of these type of sites. Which site I have no idea there are many.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 07:08 PM
My Dad is still alive and his greatest fear is he will die without "an ending". Very interesting points. Right after the disappearance he asked EB if she did this, ofcourse she said "no". She still wanted to have a relationship with my father. He told her she was going to be investigated. Who, in there right mind would still want to see someone if they were possibly blaming them for kidnapping their son? If you go to Christophers facebook page you can see some of the police records and a court document from an incident she had from another affair. I think she was trying to hurt my Mom, more than my Dad.

Hind sight is 20/20 but at the time I probably would have lied to her and if I was your Dad tell her something like "I would come back to you if you could find my child and give her back to her mother, then you and I can have a life together" I would have lied my butt off and even followed through to a point until that baby was returned.

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I had the same thought Lera213. If I were some crazy stalker and I did something like this to get back at my lover, I feel like I would want to leave something behind. Just enough for him to know it was me but not enough to be able to prove it.

Of course, I'm not some crazy stalker so who knows? Maybe I've watched one to many crime shows.

Six months after my brothers disappearance the hang up calls resumed. We had the Police put a tracer on our phone and they were traced to EB at her work. She said she was calling my Father as a "code" to get in touch with him. LE never shared that with us at the time, because my parents were still suspects. It wasn't any code, my Dad was at work when she would call. They couldn't get a trace on the phone because she wouldn't stay on long enough, so my Mom had her friends son come over to answer the phone and throw her off and we got the trace. That may have been her sign? Very interesting, never thought of this before. It was because of those hang up calls that my Mom started looking into her. My mom thought what kind of person calls and hangs up like that. I assume it is too late to press charges for harrassment (to get her to talk), even though we have evidence it was her. LE never pressed her on this. They actually believed her, unbelievable!

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Hind sight is 20/20 but at the time I probably would have lied to her and if I was your Dad tell her something like "I would come back to you if you could find my child and give her back to her mother, then you and I can have a life together" I would have lied my butt off and even followed through to a point until that baby was returned.

My Dad did! My Mom told my Dad that he was to continue to see her to get information. She even wrapped a present up to give to her. EB probably saw right through it. He told her that if he didn't have to concentrate on finding his son, maybe they could have a life together or something like that.

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
She hasn't replied? um that says a lot to me. I'm sure your reaching out was very soft and gentle begging for any help and if she didn't answer you..wow, as a human being I couldn't deny you at least a sit down, phone call, email something. This tells me there is something more and they do not want to get involved. It could be too she just wants it to go away but how can you deny a family member searching for a loved one for so long. This just reeks!

If you reach out to her again, just make sure you state that whatever they tell you, that could help that you will not make public. You just need a decent lead. Any suggestions that he might have to where to start to look for Christopher. Something like that.

I agree and yes I am always very tactful. I have always kept my word when we have spoken to someone that I wouldn't divulge where we got the information from. I will send another message.

Lera213
10-12-2011, 07:17 PM
wow this EB is evil! Sounds like a better con man needs to be hired to hook up with her to get information. LOL funny but slightly serious and dubious

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I keep thinking how terribly frustating this is for your family. Your mom had to sleuth her own son's kidnapping and then have LE completely ignore her.

You mentioned in Lisa's thread that LE has renewed interest. Can you tell us what they are doing?

Thank you

Once you go through this, you don't have a choice. It really is a sad. Everything my Parents did to find their son and my Mom is probably a better investigator than real detectives. The NCMEC is currently doing a review with the case information that the CSPD has provided to them.

denalves
10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
wow this EB is evil! Sounds like a better con man needs to be hired to hook up with her to get information. LOL funny but slightly serious and dubious

Vendictive and conniving

Lera213
10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Denalves, God Bless you and your family! I wish I could help find him. I'm only a older woman sitting behind a computer.

I would suggest meeting some place where maybe this past cop and his wife will feel secure. Any email, phone call they might suspect is recorded, or typed print could be used. meeting them face to face on their turf might help ease their fears. Not only that would be hard to deny you information, it would increase their guilt load if they do have information.

pdxmama
10-12-2011, 08:39 PM
My Dad did! My Mom told my Dad that he was to continue to see her to get information. She even wrapped a present up to give to her. EB probably saw right through it. He told her that if he didn't have to concentrate on finding his son, maybe they could have a life together or something like that.

I can't imagine having to look the person in the face that I felt had kidnapped my baby and pretend that I cared for them. Your parents are incredibly strong people.

Kat
10-13-2011, 11:58 PM
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-colorado-man-says-he-understands-the-pain-of-losing-young-child-20111013,0,4814468.story

SuziQ
10-14-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-colorado-man-says-he-understands-the-pain-of-losing-young-child-20111013,0,4814468.story

The end of the video states that tomorrow Mr Abeyta will be on Inside Addition.

Kat
10-14-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm going to try to watch it Suzi.

tiredblondy
10-14-2011, 08:21 PM
The aged regression picture of Chris reminds me of Jacob Wetterling's.

The blue eyes these babies shared and light hair, does anyone know if there is any research on blue eyed babies blond hair being abducted and if there is a concentration of these abductions anywhere? Not sure I expressed that correctly?

LMax
10-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Here is a transcript from JVM show yesterday. About 1/4 of the way down is an interview with Christopher's father.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/14/ijvm.01.html

Kimster
10-16-2011, 08:12 AM
:rose: Christopher is our featured cold case from 10/16 to 10/23/2011:rose:

alwayslooking
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I am so glad that a thread way opened in the case! My heart goes out to the family, I pray he is alive and living a wonderful life with another family! However if the family is correct on his abduction, he may not have lived the first 24 hours.....This case really scared me when I read it a few days ago! GOD BLESS THE FAMILY!

cocomod
10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Denalves,

First, I am so terribly sorry for the nightmare that your family has lived through. I have a couple of questions. Do you know if the police did any fingerprinting at your home when they "investigated" his disappearance? Since EB has a record, wouldn't her fingerprints be on file with LE?

Is there any chance that police would think about a supeona for financial records of EB? Couldn't they check for any gas receipts that she may have had during the day or two after his disappearance? It would be very telling if she had stopped for gas that very night or the next morning somewhere. I do not know if after this many years the records would still be available. It is unlikely since it is long past the time that most financial institutes would destory; however...

Does EB have any close frineds? Is it possible that she may have told someone something long ago?

Was anything else in the house missing besides Christopher?

Again, I am so terribly sorry for you loss; and I am in complete and utter dismay at the early investigators.

denalves
10-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Denalves,

First, I am so terribly sorry for the nightmare that your family has lived through. I have a couple of questions. Do you know if the police did any fingerprinting at your home when they "investigated" his disappearance? Since EB has a record, wouldn't her fingerprints be on file with LE?

Is there any chance that police would think about a supeona for financial records of EB? Couldn't they check for any gas receipts that she may have had during the day or two after his disappearance? It would be very telling if she had stopped for gas that very night or the next morning somewhere. I do not know if after this many years the records would still be available. It is unlikely since it is long past the time that most financial institutes would destory; however...

Does EB have any close frineds? Is it possible that she may have told someone something long ago?

Was anything else in the house missing besides Christopher?

Again, I am so terribly sorry for you loss; and I am in complete and utter dismay at the early investigators.

Police did not tape off the crime scene immediately. To my recollection they did not dust prints the morning of his disappearance (I will get confirmation of this.) But even if they had, the CSPD accidentally destroyed my brothers evidence in 2006. http://www.gazette.com/articles/evidence-6798-cases-velez.htmlhttp://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/2713706.html

My Mom was able to get EB's trash (long story...the trash had lots of info in it) She sifted through pieces of trash. It appears EB was struggling financially. She did not give that perception off to my Dad. He can remember them driving and she pointed to a vacant lot and said she owned it. We investigated all of that and she didn't own any property outside of the home she lived in at the time of Christopher's disappearance.

Nothing else was missing. We were missing a garage door opener previous to my brothers disappearance.

denalves
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM

There is a paternity record in the Pueblo Courthouse for EB's only son. EB was married for a short time and got divorced. I was surprised that the ex-husband was questioning paternity of his son? EB had the affair with this Sheriff in the time frame that the son would have been conceived. The paternity record could have had something to do with ensuring that her ex-husband paid child support, if he questioned the paternity of his son. Or it could confirm if the Sheriff is the son's father. Through investigating we know EB and the Sheriff were close friends. It really makes me wonder if the initial Detectives working the case didn't take EB as a serious suspect because the Sheriff made a call to them. My family will never understand why they didn't investigate her initially as a suspect. But I would like to get a copy of that paternity record.

The ex-sheriff lives in Hutchinson, Kansas.

(I've been asked before, could EB's son Christopher? No, he is in his early 40's.)

cocomod
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, it does sound like it is possible that the investigation was tainted by her relationship with a sheriff. There is no way to go back and reclaim the time lost and the clues that disappear with time.

I hope beyond hope that you are able to get some resolution to this case in the near future.

It would be the very best if she did collect money by "selling" baby Christopher, because the alternative is that he is gone for good. I am keeping hope for you that her money problems combined with the intent to hurt your mom, lead to her selling Christopher to a good family. Possibly he doesn't even know that he was not legally adopted, or possibly he may not even know that he was adopted.

If however she did take his life, I hope that you can find this out. I hope that you can find out what really DID happen to Christopher. I sincerely wish that a great SARS team could check out her family ranch just to help you put that possibility to rest. Do you know if her family still owns the ranch? If perhaps it has been sold to another family, maybe there is a possibility that the new family would allow you access.

denalves
10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately, it does sound like it is possible that the investigation was tainted by her relationship with a sheriff. There is no way to go back and reclaim the time lost and the clues that disappear with time.

I hope beyond hope that you are able to get some resolution to this case in the near future.

It would be the very best if she did collect money by "selling" baby Christopher, because the alternative is that he is gone for good. I am keeping hope for you that her money problems combined with the intent to hurt your mom, lead to her selling Christopher to a good family. Possibly he doesn't even know that he was not legally adopted, or possibly he may not even know that he was adopted.

If however she did take his life, I hope that you can find this out. I hope that you can find out what really DID happen to Christopher. I sincerely wish that a great SARS team could check out her family ranch just to help you put that possibility to rest. Do you know if her family still owns the ranch? If perhaps it has been sold to another family, maybe there is a possibility that the new family would allow you access.

The ranch is still owned by a family member.

When he was abducted his case did not receive National attention. Lots of local media. But, if someone adopted him they would not necessarily have known he was kidnapped. EB is a habitual liar, so who know what she would have told the person(s).

A few months after my brothers disappearance I remember hitting the road with my Mom and we drove town to town hitting the Newspapers asking them to put Christopher's photo in their paper. Most did, but some didn't! If his disappearance had rec'd national attention, maybe we would have answers. But media was different in 1986.

chaddylex
10-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Wonder if EB's and her only son are still close? Does anyone know if he is still in the local area to see if he would know anything.... I don't understand how some people don't have a conscious. I believe you said he's in his 40's now, so in 1986, he could have been a teenager??

denalves
10-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Wonder if EB's and her only son are still close? Does anyone know if he is still in the local area to see if he would know anything.... I don't understand how some people don't have a conscious. I believe you said he's in his 40's now, so in 1986, he could have been a teenager??

EB's son was a teenager in the 80's and is in his early 40's. He currently lives with his Mother and has for several years. He is not married.

cocomod
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
The ranch is still owned by a family member.

When he was abducted his case did not receive National attention. Lots of local media. But, if someone adopted him they would not necessarily have known he was kidnapped. EB is a habitual liar, so who know what she would have told the person(s).

A few months after my brothers disappearance I remember hitting the road with my Mom and we drove town to town hitting the Newspapers asking them to put Christopher's photo in their paper. Most did, but some didn't! If his disappearance had rec'd national attention, maybe we would have answers. But media was different in 1986.

Unfortunately, you have some good and some bad with the media being quite different in the 80's. There was not as much coverage across the nation in the 80's; only some locals would have heard about Christopher's disappearance. This is a hinderance in the investigation.

However, on the upside, you did not have the national media looking at your family's every move and subjecting you to the intense scrutiny that happens now. Since LE focused on your mom early on, especially when she failed the LD test, the media would have also likely focused on your mom.

However, I do think that with media attention, LE may have been forced to "think outside the box" and consider additional suspects. Your mom would have also had additional help in "sleuthing" your main suspect. The media would have had a field day with this suspect's record. This may have pushed LE into looking deeper into her involvement.

It is hard to say if it would the difference would have been good or bad; but it certainly would have made a difference to have the internet and media attention on your brother's case many years ago.

My heart just hurts for your family. It is amazing that your mom has held on to hope for all of these years.

ETA:

EB's son was a teenager in the 80's and is in his early 40's. He currently lives with his Mother and has for several years. He is not married.

It would be very interesting to know the dynamics between these two; and what kind of personality her son has with the influence his mother must have on his life.

denalves
10-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Unfortunately, you have some good and some bad with the media being quite different in the 80's. There was not as much coverage across the nation in the 80's; only some locals would have heard about Christopher's disappearance. This is a hinderance in the investigation.

However, on the upside, you did not have the national media looking at your family's every move and subjecting you to the intense scrutiny that happens now. Since LE focused on your mom early on, especially when she failed the LD test, the media would have also likely focused on your mom.

However, I do think that with media attention, LE may have been forced to "think outside the box" and consider additional suspects. Your mom would have also had additional help in "sleuthing" your main suspect. The media would have had a field day with this suspect's record. This may have pushed LE into looking deeper into her involvement.

It is hard to say if it would the difference would have been good or bad; but it certainly would have made a difference to have the internet and media attention on your brother's case many years ago.

My heart just hurts for your family. It is amazing that your mom has held on to hope for all of these years.

ETA:

My family wishes Christopher would have had National Media attention. We were so desperate to get his photo out and information about his disappearance. We did it the hard way with fliers. We sent packages of fliers to people across the United States, but really I look back and how sad that was, a flier of a missing baby posted up in a store! No National media attention. He got little bits here and there, but his story has never been told. It needs to be.

My Mom was under public scrutiny early on by the community (ask anyone from CS who lived there in 86), but my Parents have always had a good relationship with the local media. Yes, media is sometimes going to get reporting/facts wrong, but my Parents never had anything to hide, and they always spoke to media freely when asked because they knew they had to keep their sons disappearance out there.

The cold case detectives have the advantage of "time" in my brothers case. They know my parents have never wavered in the search for my brother. And they can see all of the work my Parents have done over the years.

My Parents have never given up on Christopher.

It would be very interesting to know the dynamics between these two; and what kind of personality her son has with the influence his mother must have on his life.

I agree.

denalves
10-20-2011, 12:52 AM
My family wishes Christopher would have had National Media attention. We were so desperate to get his photo out and information about his disappearance. We did it the hard way with fliers. We sent packages of fliers to people across the United States, but really I look back and how sad that was, a flier of a missing baby posted up in a store! No National media attention. He got little bits here and there, but his story has never been told. It needs to be.

My Mom was under public scrutiny early on by the community (ask anyone from CS who lived there in 86), but my Parents have always had a good relationship with the local media. Yes, media is sometimes going to get reporting/facts wrong, but my Parents never had anything to hide, and they always spoke to media freely when asked because they knew they had to keep their sons disappearance out there.

The cold case detectives have the advantage of "time" in my brothers case. They know my parents have never wavered in the search for my brother. And they can see all of the work my Parents have done over the years.

My Parents have never given up on Christopher.

denalves
10-20-2011, 01:18 AM
EB has two brothers, twins. They are now in there 50's and also single. They live together in Pueblo. They said that they admitted their sister to a hospital in Denver in the 80's due to "plumbing" issues. They used that term and it took me a minute to register what they meant. EB was placed on the OB ward with a woman who had just delivered a baby. They said that she was asking for the woman's baby next to her, so much so that the Dr. told them that they needed to admit her to Highlands, which is a behavioral health psychiatric care center in Denver. So they did. They said that she was there a few days and given medication. I asked them if they found this odd that she would have this behavior like this asking for a baby, and they said something like, "No, not with everything she was going through." My Mom did confirm EB was in the hospital.

The brothers also lie. When talking to them they are believable. There were a couple things they said that I knew was not the truth but I continued to listen to see how far they would take it. They have health issues. They both have been arrested in the past for DUI's, and other minor things. Ironically, the Sherrif (EB's very good "friend") wrote a letter to a judge when one of them missed getting back to their work release program (another piece of information retreieved from the trash!). He also was at the jail house and signed paper work when they got booked one time.

One of the brothers lived a couple miles from our house where Christopher disappeared.

chaddylex
10-20-2011, 08:40 AM
EB has two brothers, twins. They are now in there 50's and also single. They live together in Pueblo. They said that they admitted their sister to a hospital in Denver in the 80's due to "plumbing" issues. They used that term and it took me a minute to register what they meant. EB was placed on the OB ward with a woman who had just delivered a baby. They said that she was asking for the woman's baby next to her, so much so that the Dr. told them that they needed to admit her to Highlands, which is a behavioral health psychiatric care center in Denver. So they did. They said that she was there a few days and given medication. I asked them if they found this odd that she would have this behavior like this asking for a baby, and they said something like, "No, not with everything she was going through." My Mom did confirm EB was in the hospital.

The brothers also lie. When talking to them they are believable. There were a couple things they said that I knew was not the truth but I continued to listen to see how far they would take it. They have health issues. They both have been arrested in the past for DUI's, and other minor things. Ironically, the Sherrif (EB's very good "friend") wrote a letter to a judge when one of them missed getting back to their work release program (another piece of information retreieved from the trash!). He also was at the jail house and signed paper work when they got booked one time.

One of the brothers lived a couple miles from our house where Christopher disappeared.

I wish your brother's case would get into the hands of the right people so EB and her family could be thoroughly investigated.....ahhh... my heart breaks for your family.

Did you ever think about contacting Nancy Grace? I know last winter she had that show on HLN "Find 50 people in 50 days". Maybe someone like her could get Christopher's story out and if he is alive, he would see it?? (just a thought)

I am hoping that one day soon you get the answers of what happened to Christopher.

cocomod
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
This case really needs to still get more national attention to possibly shake something loose that has been there all of the time. I saw your dad on talking the other day about baby Lisa and trying to talk to her parents. They shut the door in his face. Did he ever get to talk to them?

I would love to see Dateline do this story. Possibly we should start a petition to send to them.

denalves
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
I wish your brother's case would get into the hands of the right people so EB and her family could be thoroughly investigated.....ahhh... my heart breaks for your family.

Did you ever think about contacting Nancy Grace? I know last winter she had that show on HLN "Find 50 people in 50 days". Maybe someone like her could get Christopher's story out and if he is alive, he would see it?? (just a thought)

I am hoping that one day soon you get the answers of what happened to Christopher.

We have asked the CSPD for a cold case review for years and finally they agreed to have the National Center for Missing Children review. But it was my Mom who gathered all the investigative information on EB. And it was a lot of hard work. I couldn't believe when I went to the Pueblo Court house just under two years ago and the Court Record, State of Colorado vs. EB had never been accessed. They had to pull it out of archives. It showed she had stalked, harrassed, and entered another families home whom she was having an affair with a few years before she met my Dad. I also pulled all of her police reports from Pueblo, mostly her reporting a burglary or her being involved in one. Of course we gave it all to LE.

I have contacted Nancy Grace through email several times but to no avail. I also posted Christopher's story on the find 50 people in 50 days. Acutally posted it up there several times and didn't get a response.

chaddylex
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
We have asked the CSPD for a cold case review for years and finally they agreed to have the National Center for Missing Children review. But it was my Mom who gathered all the investigative information on EB. And it was a lot of hard work. I couldn't believe when I went to the Pueblo Court house just under two years ago and the Court Record, State of Colorado vs. EB had never been accessed. They had to pull it out of archives. It showed she had stalked, harrassed, and entered another families home whom she was having an affair with a few years before she met my Dad. I also pulled all of her police reports from Pueblo, mostly her reporting a burglary or her being involved in one. Of course we gave it all to LE.

I have contacted Nancy Grace through email several times but to no avail. I also posted Christopher's story on the find 50 people in 50 days. Acutally posted it up there several times and didn't get a response.

Keep trying.. maybe someday someone will pick his story up that can put it on National TV!!! The case that is very dear to my heart was on Nancy's 50 people in 50 days. Cherie Mahan went missing not far from where I am from in 1985. She is a year younger than me and her case is why I got involved in helping find the missing. They have had a couple of tips, but nothing has panned out.

Again good luck!!! i hope you get some answers soon!

denalves
10-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Christopher Abeyta - 25 years later - YouTube

TheDuchess
10-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I had a dream about this little boy last night and I felt badly because I thought of him as some forgotten child in jus a sea of missing children. I just had to click on the link to learn more. How happy I was to learn that this little boy has never been forgotten and how hard his family has looked for him. I share Christophers mothers hope that DB gave this child away to someone. I hope the increased media attention and the power of the Internet help find him-maybe even alive and well! I will pray for Christopher and his family tonight!

TheDuchess
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi Denlves- first of all I am so sorry for what your family has gone through and I pray you find your brother. I think the key is that you have Internet and media on your side and also the name of a suspect. I was wondering if Christopher had any distinguishing characteristics that he may recognize? A birthmark? Scars? Rare blood type? Sometimes these things are noted on the birth records. Did he go by a nickname? Or did EB have a particular name she liked that she may have called him when handing him off?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
10-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Father of Colorado infant who vanished in 1986 sees eerie parallels in Lisa Irwin case

Gil Abeyta was in a kind of twilight sleep a couple of weeks ago as he dozed and half listened to a radio next to his bed.

But after a minute or so, the elements of the Colorado Springs, Colo., newscast yanked him awake … an infant snatched from parents’ home … in the middle of the night … a failed lie detector test ….

It took Abeyta, 69, a minute to realize that the announcer wasn’t rehashing the details of his own son’s abduction 25 years earlier. Rather, it was a new case — in Kansas City.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/28/3235919/father-of-colorado-infant-who.html#ixzz1cDKwESI3

cocomod
11-01-2011, 01:16 AM
:bump: for Christopher and for his family. My heart just goes out to you.

Ausgirl
11-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm so happy that outside agencies are looking into this case.

Like the 1981 Cabin 28 murders in Keddie, California, Christopher's kidnapping was clearly and badly mishandled by the police at the time. In that case too, vital evidence was "lost" or "destroyed" and many leads were ignored. Like the Keddie case, it's been up to family and concerned private citizens to continue the investigation LE failed to do.

Like that case, too, it never got appropriate national airtime, when that sort of exposure really could have helped. 30 years later, people are slowly starting to come forward - and I pray that this is what happens for Christopher and his family.

When will the police be made accountable for the additional suffering their incompetence and corruption inflicts on people who are already in agony?

Christopher's family deserve the support they never got all these years. Good luck to them, I hope their diligence and persistence leads them to him, and may Christopher be safe and well, wherever he is.

denalves
01-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Any websleuthers out there who can locate this vehicle? Make Toyota, Year 1982, VIN JT4RN38S0C0022987, Title No 02E864981, Previous Colorado License plate 1855A6. Long Shot...possible DNA.

Sleuthnewbie
01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Any websleuthers out there who can locate this vehicle? Make Toyota, Year 1982, VIN JT4RN38S0C0022987, Title No 02E864981, Previous Colorado License plate 1855A6. Long Shot...possible DNA.

I checked carfax.com and noticed that there is one record that is listed for this VIN. Unfortunately, you need to pay for the report :(. Maybe you could call them and let them know your situation - they could give you the info for free perhaps.

denalves
01-11-2012, 03:26 AM
I checked carfax.com and noticed that there is one record that is listed for this VIN. Unfortunately, you need to pay for the report :(. Maybe you could call them and let them know your situation - they could give you the info for free perhaps.

Thank you. I will go pull it. I don't think it will give previous owners but will allow me to see how many times the title has been transferred and maybe some other info I can use.

cocomod
01-30-2012, 02:22 PM
This is a great article that mentions Christopher and his family's search.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/old-132568-missing-dedicated.html

Not about Christopher, but KUDOS to this detective!

Lopez started the missing person’s unit in 2009 and, after seeing how much work there was, recruited four computer-savvy volunteers who started helping him in 2011. By this month their 100-plus case load was whittled down to 25 missing people. They tracked down people in Germany and Mexico.

Most of those tracked down were adults who, for whatever reason, decided to walk away from their lives in Colorado Springs without telling loved ones. In most cases, once they were found, they didn’t want to communicate with their families, Lopez said.

In the NamUs database, a picture of doe-eyed Christopher Abeyta is one of the oldest Colorado Springs cases listed.

Alves used the database once to try to track down Christopher. Once, she saw that a baby’s body was found in Texas and sent an e-mail to site managers. Her e-mail was quickly returned and she was told that the baby was a newborn, so it couldn’t be Christopher.

Just searching the site was hard, she said, because finding his body on it would mean that he was dead and her mom insists he’s alive.

“I checked, because I had to,” she said. “I don’t know the answer if he’s alive or not.”

smile22
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you. I will go pull it. I don't think it will give previous owners but will allow me to see how many times the title has been transferred and maybe some other info I can use.

i sent you info in a pm plus a link to check out. i just found your brothers case and i pray that he is found.

i do believe eb had something to do with him. i wonder if you had fliers made up of his baby picture and his age progressed picture and then put them up near where her ranch was in nm

audie
02-02-2012, 06:19 PM
This case brings back memories. My daughter was born in Co Spgs, 3 days after Christopher was taken. Even though the nurses knew who I was, they watched me and the nursery like a hawk. I really got bad vibes cause I didn't understand what had happened. Only later, after hearing about Christopher, did I figure out why they were eyeing me like that.

Penny Lane
05-11-2012, 01:38 AM

The brothers also lie. When talking to them they are believable. There were a couple things they said that I knew was not the truth but I continued to listen to seey how far they would take it. They have health issues. They both have been arrested in the past for DUI's, and other minor things. Ironically, the Sherrif (EB's very good "friend") wrote a letter to a judge when one of them missed getting back to their work release program (another piece of information retreieved from the trash!). He also was at the jail house and signed paper work when they got booked one time.

Would EB have sought assistance from the brother that lived only a few miles away? Did that brother have close neighbors that would have seen or heard something? And would it be useful to search the area and house now?

voiceinthewildernes
05-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm confused as to where you got this information about the family's door being unlocked and this being out of character for them.

What I read on the Charley Project & the Doe Network said that the basement window was left open. I don't know whether this was unusual or not. They may not have used their basement often, so the window could have been open for days.

I don't know first-hand how often a garage door opener is used, but it seems like if it was missing, you would notice it pretty quickly. Is it possible they had two garage door openers and that's why they didn't notice? It could have just gotten lost and they didn't notice it was gone till after Christopher was kidnapped. I don't know for sure that it's connected, but the basement window is definitely suspicious.

I don't know-- it is puzzling. I think the police should question everyone who was in that house since Christopher was born, period.

In the Gazette Telegraph, July 16, 1986, article titled, “Kidnapper steals baby from crib” it was reported that:

“The front door of the home was left unlocked overnight. One of the seven Abeyta children Tabatha, called Monday night and told her mother to leave the door open because she would be late.

As it turned out, Tabatha 17, stayed at a girlfriend’s house and did not come home until after 6 a.m. Tuesday.”
http://www3.gazette.com/documents/abeyta/Abeyta16July1986.pdf

Much prayer is needed for the Abeyta family.

leanaí
05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I hope he is found soon.

smile22
05-27-2012, 02:09 PM
is the sheriff that was involved with eb still alive?

cocomod
07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Bump for justice for Christopher. :hug: denalves.

My heart still goes out to Christopher's family. They deserve answers. They deserve justice. :cry:

mysterygirl
10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Denalves, I admire your family's strength and courage.

Bumping for Christopher.

mysterygirl
10-29-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm wondering if anyone could talk to EB's child who is now grown.

Perhaps some hints of info have slipped out over the years..........?

You never know.

denalves
10-30-2012, 02:47 AM
is the sheriff that was involved with eb still alive?

Yes the sheriff that EB was involved with is still alive. He lives in Kansas. He is not talking to Detectives! What former sheriff refuses to talk to investigators about a missing child's case? Why?

denalves
10-30-2012, 02:48 AM
I'm wondering if anyone could talk to EB's child who is now grown.

Perhaps some hints of info have slipped out over the years..........?

You never know.

EB's child who is now in his 40's lives with him Mom. He is not married and has lived with her for years.

Daisy1975
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I have thought about bombarding this woman with photos of Christopher on the anniversary of his kidnapping and thought a giant billboard near her home with a photo would be appropriate too. I wish I knew someone in her family etc. and could do more to help.

RANCH
11-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Family asks for help finding EB, suspect in disappearance of Christopher Abeyta

Christopher's sister, Denise, said the FBI has completed a review of Christopher's case and it has prompted the Colorado Springs Police Department to take additional investigative steps.

I glad to see that LE is taking some positive steps in Christopher's case. My prayers are with you Denalves.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/family-asks-for-help-finding-emma-bradshaw-suspect-in-disappearance-of-chirstopher-abeyta

denalves
03-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Please view the latest News link from February 25 2013 and share!
http://kdvr.com/2013/02/25/family-offers-100000-for-information-in-kidnapping-from-27-years-ago/

denalves
04-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Christopher was kidnapped that night. There was not an accident and some cover-up by a family member! I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night and was the first to see my Parents that morning. 27 years of my parents begging investigators to review his case, following up on the countless leads, spending every penny they have looking for my brother and it is some major cover-up? Really? So pathetically sad that my Parents had to endure waking up to an empty crib and doing everything humanly possible to find their son, and then for people to speculate after 27 years. What else does she have to be subjected to after 27 years, really?

Honestywon
04-10-2013, 08:35 AM
A petition has been created to help Christopher Abeyta's family find their son, and to compel the DA to initiate a Grand Jury Investigation on the suspect. At the bottom of the petition, there are links to the evidence and other information regarding the case. It is normal to think about other possible scenarios, but please refrain from doing so until you have looked through all available information and evidence. This family has spent 27 years investigating the disappearance of their son, and in My Honest Opinion, have had to endure continued horrors because of perceptions. Perceptions are NOT facts. These same perceptions are what have prevented "professionals" from doing their job; The first of which, was to investigate the suspect when the name was given to them the day after Christopher's kidnapping! It should not take a Grand Jury Investigation for this family to get help. The suspect has never been investigated, only questioned as a witness. It is truly sickening all the injustices and prejudices that have been allowed to occur in the past 27 years related to this case. It is time that this family got some help. They have evidence, and they want it presented to a Grand Jury for investigation, in full!
Take the time and read through the EVIDENCE. Sign & Share the petition. Their son is STILL missing!
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-office-of-the-district-attorney-of-colorado-springs-colorado-initiate-a-grand-jury-investigation-2

Irish_Eyes
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Wanted to share:

This interactive graphic is today featured on the front page of CNN! Of all the missing cases, it only highlights a few, but Christopher Abeyta is one of them! Never hurts to have more eyes on the case, or more people asking for a resolution:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/05/us/missing-persons/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

denalves
05-12-2013, 03:30 AM
Thank you for sharing that link!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
05-19-2013, 12:12 AM
27 years later: Abeyta family still hopeful missing son will be found

As three missing teens turn up alive inside an Ohio home three decades after they disappeared, there's new hope in a 27 year old cold case right here in Colorado Springs.

July 15, 1986 is when 7-month old Christopher Abeyta vanished from his home. A massive manhunt and lengthy investigation turned up nothing, but that's not stopping Christopher's mother, Bernice, from searching for answers.

[snip]

There is a $100,000 reward being offered for information on where Christopher might be. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-THE-LOST.

More: http://www.koaa.com/news/27-years-later-abeyta-family-still-hopeful-missing-son-will-be-found/#_

OkGrace
06-16-2013, 05:49 PM
What happened to the Christopher Abeyta FB ? I noticed I was not getting updates anymore.

Roselvr
06-16-2013, 06:04 PM
What happened to the Christopher Abeyta FB ? I noticed I was not getting updates anymore.

She some how changed it from a profile to a FB page Christopher Abeyta (https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher?ref=ts&fref=ts)

Roselvr
06-17-2013, 06:23 PM
By the way; some pretty interesting posts on the FB page. Look under posts by others.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-15-2013, 12:26 AM
26 years ago tonight, the Abeyta's put Christopher to bed, only to wake up to an empty crib. :(

A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts.

https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher

Lots of interesting info from the family about their prime suspect on the latest update.

margarita25
07-15-2013, 12:34 AM
26 years ago tonight, the Abeyta's put Christopher to bed, only to wake up to an empty crib. :(

A $100,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Christopher's whereabouts.

https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher

Lots of interesting info from the family about their prime suspect on the latest update.

Wow, indeed. The part about the butcher knife is especially troublesome.

Its amazing they can estimate an age progressed likeness from a baby's photo!

I hope this family gets some answers. Where is the main suspect living today?

margarita25
07-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Christopher was kidnapped that night. There was not an accident and some cover-up by a family member! I laid Christopher in his crib with my Mom that night and was the first to see my Parents that morning. 27 years of my parents begging investigators to review his case, following up on the countless leads, spending every penny they have looking for my brother and it is some major cover-up? Really? So pathetically sad that my Parents had to endure waking up to an empty crib and doing everything humanly possible to find their son, and then for people to speculate after 27 years. What else does she have to be subjected to after 27 years, really?

Oh my goodness, I just saw this post denalves!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Family offers $100,000 for information in kidnapping from 27 years ago

A Colorado family is now offering a $100,000 reward for help finding a kidnapped boy.

[snip]

A few years ago, they went back to the home where Christopher was taken.

Denise reenacted his kidnapping, showing how a person could get in and out of the house without waking anyone in the middle of the night. Watch what the family believes are the steps of Christopher’s kidnapper:

The Steps of Christopher Abeyta's Kidnapper - YouTube

The Abeyta’s have their suspicions about who took Christopher, but police say no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

More: http://kdvr.com/2013/02/25/family-offers-100000-for-information-in-kidnapping-from-27-years-ago/

denalves
08-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Latest News, Corsentino Investigations has been retained by the Abeyta family. http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/New-Private-Investigator--217872661.html

Roselvr
08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Latest News, Corsentino Investigations has been retained by the Abeyta family. http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/New-Private-Investigator--217872661.html

Not sure if you got my PM here or on FB. If you'd like a link to the adoption group I go to; PM me.

If your brother was told he was adopted; it's possible he's going to order a family tree DNA kit from 23andme (https://www.23andme.com/ancestry/). It's the cheapest one out there & has the largest database. A LOT of adoptees are doing it to try to find their birth parents. You as well as your dad or male sibling should submit one in case he tries it. I'll copy a post on an adoption site to explain how to get your DNA into other sites as well...

There are groups of DNA search angels (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AdoptionDNA_Tools) who will help you and educate you on how this works so you can then help others. People are finding their relatives every single WEEK~! do 23andme.com $99 and once you have those results upload to FTDNA (http://www.familytreedna.com/) (Family tree DNA) for about $99 and to GEDmatch (http://gedmatch.com/) and a DNA Tools site DNAgedcom.com (http://dnagedcom.com/) both free.

23 and me- buy 1 kit at $99 get additional kits 20% off (https://www.facebook.com/23andMe/posts/10152066984622802)! They're really trying to have the largest registry!

How this offer works:
* Requires purchase of one kit at full price ($99)
* 20% off applies to each additional kit purchased in the same order
* Redeem online following the offer link
* No promo code needed

denalves
09-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Christopher's family has retained private investigator. http://www.milehi-pi.com/private%20investigator%20denver/blog_details.php?category=commentary&id=122

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Petition drive nearly complete for missing child's family
Abeyta family seeks public pressure for grand jury in 1986 case

The Colorado Springs family of missing Christopher Abeyta plans to use his 28th birthday this month as the date to present District Attorney Dan May with a petition calling for a grand jury to indict a suspect.

[snip]

A suspect has not been identified in the case. The Abeytas say they believe they know who the suspect is -- a woman who allegedly had an affair with Christopher's father. The woman has repeatedly denied any involvement.

http://www.krdo.com/news/petition-drive-nearly-complete-for-missing-childs-family/-/417220/22779690/-/y0fpqp/-/index.html

mikkismom
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Nearly three decades after Colorado Springs boy went missing, Christopher Abeyta's family seeks justice
Read more at http://gazette.com/nearly-three-decades-after-colorado-springs-boy-went-missing-christopher-abeytas-family-seeks-justice/article/1509948#U7rumc4wYStQyYjB.99

Roselvr
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Nearly three decades after Colorado Springs boy went missing, Christopher Abeyta's family seeks justice
Read more at http://gazette.com/nearly-three-decades-after-colorado-springs-boy-went-missing-christopher-abeytas-family-seeks-justice/article/1509948#U7rumc4wYStQyYjB.99

Nearly three decades after Colorado Springs boy went missing, Christopher Abeyta's family seeks justice (http://gazette.com/nearly-three-decades-after-colorado-springs-boy-went-missing-christopher-abeytas-family-seeks-justice/article/1509948#3g1rdVUgU2ADUC3L.99) there is a comment by B.B.Z. (http://gazette.com/article/1509948?fb_comment_id=fbc_1412304129005580_91526_1 412458292323497#f237e0965a06ff8) - Christopher Abeyta is NOT classified by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as a non-family abduction. He is classified as “endangered missing”. There is a big difference in the two classifications. See for yourself (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=600552&orgPrefix=NCMC).

I went to Charley Project (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/abeyta_christopher.html); he's listed as non-family abduction.

Does anyone know why NCMEC uses endangered missing? Is it because he's an adult? Who determines the missing status?

Forgot to add that most of the comments make me roll my eyes... Unreal to even think Chris's mom had something to do with him going missing.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
11-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Because NCMEC's categories are worthless. Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

They had Hasanni Campbell (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_hasanni.html) listed as "Lost/Injured Missing" for years. Yet they don't classify kids who ACTUALLY get lost in the woods as that... (i.e. Garrett Bardsley (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bardsley_garrett.html) and Sammy Boehlke (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boehlke_samuel.html) are listed as Endangered Missing on NCMEC, though they were both lost in wilderness areas.) They have teens that are known to have been sex trafficked listed as "Endangered Runaway", and some who "ran away" in the 60s or 70s. Yes, they may have ran away initially, but the circumstances have changed!

So, quite frankly, NCMEC categories mean nothing. Seriously. Just about everyone under the sun is listed as Endangered Missing.

/EndRant

Roselvr
11-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Because NCMEC's categories are worthless. Whoops. Did I say that out loud?

They had Hasanni Campbell (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_hasanni.html) listed as "Lost/Injured Missing" for years. Yet they don't classify kids who ACTUALLY get lost in the woods as that... (i.e. Garrett Bardsley (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bardsley_garrett.html) and Sammy Boehlke (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boehlke_samuel.html) are listed as Endangered Missing on NCMEC, though they were both lost in wilderness areas.) They have teens that are known to have been sex trafficked listed as "Endangered Runaway", and some who "ran away" in the 60s or 70s. Yes, they may have ran away initially, but the circumstances have changed!

So, quite frankly, NCMEC categories mean nothing. Seriously. Just about everyone under the sun is listed as Endangered Missing.

/EndRant

Thank you; wasn't sure as I don't usually follow their site..

leighmarker
12-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know when the grand jury might hear this case?

Daisy1975
12-13-2013, 12:57 PM
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/234180391.html

Roselvr
12-13-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/234180391.html

Thank you so much!

Family of missing child sued for defamation of character (http://www.krdo.com/news/family-of-missing-child-sued-for-defamation-of-character/-/417220/23277758/-/4hfv6t/-/index.html) MST Dec 03, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Last month, Emma Bradshaw filed a lawsuit against Gil Abeyta, Bernice Abeyta, Denise Abeyta Alves and "first through 100 Does, persons who are defendants, but who's identities are not fully known." The complaint says she has been damaged and defamed, and that the Abeytas' accusations invaded her privacy and damaged her person causing mental and emotional distress and loss of a job.

She is seeking upwards of $100,000 & wants everything removed from any websites that have info about her connecting her to the case or her relationship with Christopher's father.

ZannO
01-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Please sign the petition.

Roselvr
01-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Thank you so much!

Family of missing child sued for defamation of character (http://www.krdo.com/news/family-of-missing-child-sued-for-defamation-of-character/-/417220/23277758/-/4hfv6t/-/index.html) MST Dec 03, 2013

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Last month, Emma Bradshaw filed a lawsuit against Gil Abeyta, Bernice Abeyta, Denise Abeyta Alves and "first through 100 Does, persons who are defendants, but who's identities are not fully known." The complaint says she has been damaged and defamed, and that the Abeytas' accusations invaded her privacy and damaged her person causing mental and emotional distress and loss of a job.

She is seeking upwards of $100,000 & wants everything removed from any websites that have info about her connecting her to the case or her relationship with Christopher's father.

Thought I posted this -
Family of Missing Boy Countersues (http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/234180391.html) Updated: Fri 4:51 AM, Dec 13, 2013 In this new countersuit, Christopher’s parents and sister are denying the allegations they are facing in the lawsuit. The Abeyta family claims Bradshaw is abusing the court process. Their countersuit is for what this is going to cost them to fight it.

ZannO
02-17-2014, 01:11 AM
I pray that 2014 is the year this man can hug a family who has searched for him for so long.

prima.facie
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
I was just having a conversation with a friend over at her house today and she informed me her neighbor is this suspect. I came straight here to see if the case was being covered. she also works at a bank in town (not one I bank at).

I haven't read this thread yet....but now im going to, to see what all has been said and what yall have uncovered ;)

Satch
04-07-2014, 03:19 AM
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/50898802.html

15 July 09

Experts have created a new composite showing what Christopher Abeyta might look like, 23 years after the 7-month-old disappeared from the family's home in Colorado Springs.

The composite was released by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The Center is asking anyone who may have information about Abeyta, to call their toll-free national hotline, 1-800-THE-LOST.

Christopher disappeared from his parents' bedroom between 12:30 - 2:30 a.m. on July 15th, 1986.

Christopher Abeyta's mother has never stopped looking for him, even though she, at one time, was under police focus.

Bernice Abeyta says she's optimistic about this new composite, and about new leads generated recently. She says, "I want to do whatever it's going to take to get through to people to find Christopher."

[The new age progression, however, is not shown at the link!]

I don't think the parents are guilty. But I think Christopher's kidnapper was someone who knew the family and layout of the house enough to not make noise, use a flashlight. Christopher perhaps did not make noise because he likely knew his abductor. Some questionns about the case:

1.) Why did LE lose important evidence in the case, and what was the evidence that was lost?

2.) Should the polygraph test that Mrs. Abeyta failed be ruled as inconclusive evidence, because she was suffering from the obvious trauma of the abduction and the stress as she withdrew from the medication?

3.) What medication was she taking? For what length of time? How much did it help? If it was helping, why did she stop taking the medicine?

4.) I have heard different reports that the basement window was open AND the bedroom door was unlocked. I read somewhere that the Abeyta's had many children and they left the doors unlocked because some of the kids were teens and they were often coming into the house or going out.

5.) Why would the family spend all these years looking for Christopher and setting up help and support services for information if the parents were guilty? That does not make sense to me.

6.) There is one bad piece of evidence that hurts the family though, and that is Charlie Project's claim that it was the first night the father had returned home for the first time since the separation. Charlie Project claims that the father slept in the home when Christopher went missing between the night and the following morning. Maybe LE went with that and blamed the parents off of this? I don't think it's enough to make the family guilty, but it is a very painful coincidence.

7.) What is known about the Abeyta's separation? How long were they separated? Were they legally divorced? Was their any evidence of alcohol, physical abuse, or drug use within the family before or leading up to their separation? After Christopher went missing?

8.) Would family members be willing to submit to DNA testing to rule everyone out as suspects? Do you guys think another polygraph test could rule the parents out as suspects?

9.) What is the current status and situation of Christopher's family at this time?

10.) Above in the quote, a time of 12:30am to 2:30am is given for when the abduction occurred, other accounts say, between 12:30 to 6am. What evidence narrows the time gap down mentioned above? Did any of the other family members hear anything at all during that time spread?

Let's hope for justice and closure in Christopher's case!

Satch

denalves
05-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Thought I posted this -
Family of Missing Boy Countersues (http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/234180391.html) Updated: Fri 4:51 AM, Dec 13, 2013 In this new countersuit, Christopher’s parents and sister are denying the allegations they are facing in the lawsuit. The Abeyta family claims Bradshaw is abusing the court process. Their countersuit is for what this is going to cost them to fight it.

UPDATE: Emma Bradshaw filed a motion to dismiss the Abeyta's counterclaim against her. It has been DENIED by a judge.

Christopher's family filed a counterclaim against Emma Bradshaw for "Abuse of Process" stating "Bradshaw has incorrectly and falsely accused alleged claims in her Complaint against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs." "Upon information and belief, Plaintiff/Counterclaim Defendant Bradshaw brought the civil action against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs not because she has incurred the damages she has alleged in her Complaint, but instead, as a vehicle to obtain crucial investigative information (conducted by both the Defendants Abeyta/Alves and by the Colorado Springs Police Department) regarding the disappearance of Christopher Abeyta, to which she otherwise would have no access."

denalves
05-18-2014, 04:55 PM
May, 2013 News shared on NCMEC fb page;

A beautiful testament of heart-felt kindness and compassion as these children recognize a charity that has helped one of their fellow students family's.

This is a reminder of how far reaching the impact of a family tragedy is for all members. It's really intergenerational. Taryn never knew her uncle Christopher, but she is very much in touch with what it has meant to the people she loves.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/25529119/nonprofit-benefits-from-sixth-grade-school-sale

Satch
05-18-2014, 05:15 PM
UPDATE: Emma Bradshaw filed a motion to dismiss the Abeyta's counterclaim against her. It has been DENIED by a judge.

Christopher's family filed a counterclaim against Emma Bradshaw for "Abuse of Process" stating "Bradshaw has incorrectly and falsely accused alleged claims in her Complaint against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs." "Upon information and belief, Plaintiff/Counterclaim Defendant Bradshaw brought the civil action against Defendants/Counterclaim Plaintiffs not because she has incurred the damages she has alleged in her Complaint, but instead, as a vehicle to obtain crucial investigative information (conducted by both the Defendants Abeyta/Alves and by the Colorado Springs Police Department) regarding the disappearance of Christopher Abeyta, to which she otherwise would have no access."

Do you believe Emma is involved? I think it is likely yes. You can't rule it out.

Satch

G&AMom
06-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Kirk Mitchell of the Denver Post wrote an article today about the case and about the lawsuit filed by Emma Bradshaw.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2014/06/07/colorado-springs-2/8606/

Kristin83
06-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Very good article. What a beautiful baby! I did not know previously that he was snatched right from the parents' bedroom. How they did not hear that, I have no idea. I sincerely hope that Christopher was sold off to someone and had/has a happy life. However the suspect does not sound too stable so that really worries me. :(

los2188
07-06-2014, 08:35 PM
28 Years Since Missing Boy's Disappearance

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/ABEYTA+PIC1.JPG

It’s been almost three decades since a baby went missing from his home in Colorado Springs. The family says they are determined to get his case solved. This month marks 28 years since Christopher Abeyta was last seen. On Sunday, the family held what they call a justice walk. With posters in hand, dozens marched down the street in Colorado Springs, from the Springs Police Headquarters to the District Attorney's office. They say they want justice for Christopher Abeyta. He was just seven months old when he disappeared.

Roselvr
07-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Link that goes with the post above. Video at link

28 Years Since Missing Boy's Disappearance (http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/28-Years-Since-Missing-Boys-Disappearance-265972571.html)

Wonder why the walk was done on a Sunday & not the 15th which is a Tuesday.
denalves; have you guys done the DNA for genealogy?

Not sure if you got my PM here or on FB. If you'd like a link to the adoption group I go to; PM me.

If your brother was told he was adopted; it's possible he's going to order a family tree DNA kit from 23andme (https://www.23andme.com/ancestry/). It's the cheapest one out there & has the largest database. A LOT of adoptees are doing it to try to find their birth parents. You as well as your dad or male sibling should submit one in case he tries it. I'll copy a post on an adoption site to explain how to get your DNA into other sites as well...

There are groups of DNA search angels (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AdoptionDNA_Tools) who will help you and educate you on how this works so you can then help others. People are finding their relatives every single WEEK~! do 23andme.com $99 and once you have those results upload to FTDNA (http://www.familytreedna.com/) (Family tree DNA) for about $99 and to GEDmatch (http://gedmatch.com/) and a DNA Tools site DNAgedcom.com (http://dnagedcom.com/) both free.

23 and me- buy 1 kit at $99 get additional kits 20% off (https://www.facebook.com/23andMe/posts/10152066984622802)! They're really trying to have the largest registry!

How this offer works:
* Requires purchase of one kit at full price ($99)
* 20% off applies to each additional kit purchased in the same order
* Redeem online following the offer link
* No promo code needed