PDA

View Full Version : signature photo not showing

dark_shadows
06-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I used to have a photo on my signature.Now it is not working.When I put the code in from photobucket,it is a square with an x.The same steps that I did when it was working.I tried it with yahoo photos and I get the photo in the preview,but when I check my posts,it shows a link to click on to see the photo.
Any clues??
I can post photos in a post,but not in the signature.

Amraann
06-11-2006, 04:11 PM
YUP
DO this ...

Go to user CP (upper right of any page)

Click Edit options from the left side list Scroll down
It says THread display Visible Post Elements
Make sure "show images" is checked

dark_shadows
06-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Wow Amraann,you are quick on answering!:clap:

I am going to go try it and I will let you know if it worked.

dark_shadows
06-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Amraann I just checked this post and it is working.It is huge and has image tags at the bottom.It is not the same as before.

:(

Amraann
06-11-2006, 04:33 PM
The size isn't dictated by us.

Are you using photobucket? You can shrink the picture there.

What did you do to add the pic? Possibly you can go back to User CP and edit Siggy and take out the extra tags ..

IMO you copied the image link that already had the tags .. thereby creating the extra ones when you added it here.
Use the URL link and When the window pops up to add delete the HTTP that is already there then add yours.

dark_shadows
06-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Amraann,
What would we do without you!
Is this too big to have as a signature?

In my photobucket the size says 85x160.Somewhere in photobucket, it is changing the out going photo to a larger size.

Amraann
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Glad its fixed!

Going from memory.. In photobucket you should be able to click edit above the picture then change the size.

LinasK
06-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Amra, on a related note, how are you able to have an avatar separate from the signature image? On mine the option for an avatar is a radio button that won't uncheck don't use an avatar.

Amraann
06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Now I have to think about that!

I think it just means you can see others avatars??
If you don't use one it makes no difference?

It may be the way the software is set up
that everyone sees them??

I am not sure.