PDA

View Full Version : OH OH - Patricia "Patti" Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

LOOKING FOR PATTI
06-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Patti was seen 6/29/2001 leaving her job at Honda of America Mfg. located in Marysville, Ohio. If you have any info please contact www.co.union.oh.us/sheriff/html/Adkins.htm (http://www.co.union.oh.us/sheriff/html/Adkins.htm)

www.stopcrime.org/missing (http://www.stopcrime.org/missing)

It has been almost 5 years since Patti has gone "missing".

Bobbisangel
06-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Wish we had more info on this case. Her sister must have been keeping her daughter for a week for some reason as evidentally Patti wasn't supposed to pick her daughter up until July 8th......but Patti was last seen on June 29th.

Was Patti married....divorced...have a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend? Is her vehicle missing? Could LE tell if she had been home after work? Was there signs of a struggle in her home? Was her purse...cell phone or anything missing or left at home? Did she mention any plans for the evening to her co-workers?

If she didn't show up at work for her next shift didn't they have an emergency number to call? Heck, if someone grabbed her somewhere they had a whole 8 days to do whatever and disappear with no one being the wiser. If Patti was always at work on time and didn't miss days without calling in I can't understand why they didn't realize something was amiss. Didn't anyone go over to her home to check....co-worker...friend? Did she usually call her daughter when she was away from home for a week at a time?
Seems like someone should have gotten worried about her.

LOOKING FOR PATTI
06-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Yes, Patti's sister was keeping her daughter because she was going on a week long vacation with a male coworker. When she did not return as planned we knew something was wrong and tried to contact the coworker. The coworker told us he had no idea what we were talking about so the police was called. We believe he is involved but..... In our hearts we know she is gone, she would never have left her daughter. The reason her sister waited so long to contact the police is because Patti had told her of her plans.

Gmommy
06-26-2006, 02:50 AM
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9288892/detail.html

The FBI is now involved in the case of Patti Adkins.

More at link.

LButler
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
looking for patti ... did she actually go on this trip with the coworker or did she disappear before leaving with him? Where did they plan to go? Were she and this coworker romanticly involved or just friends? And, what about the father of her little girl - were they still in touch? Was it a "bad" relationship? Sorry to ask all these questions, but ...

Such a pretty lady and a sweet little girl left behind.

lilsister
06-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Apparently the co-worker, when questioned by LE, denied that they were ever to go on vacation together---odd. Why would she make up going on vacation and go to the trouble of getting a sitter etc. for a whole week? I think the co-worker looks like a good suspect but there could be many possibilities.

She is a very pretty young woman and her poor daughter :(

LOOKING FOR PATTI
06-29-2006, 11:08 PM
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS TODAY!!!!

Patti had been divorced for a few years prior to 6/29/2001... Patti and her ex remained friends and shared custody of their daughter. Patti had planned on going on a camping/fishing trip with the co-worker. At the time everything seemed to be on the up and up. Of course since then we have found many things to be out of the ordinary....many we cannot discuss.

I'm not quite sure how I ended up here??? Sometimes I think that the person or persons involved may check different websites checking to make sure they were able to get away with this unspeakable crime. Who knows stranger things have happened. Am I the only person crazy enough to think like this?

stormy
06-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Five years! How awful to not know where a loved one is or what happened to her for that long. I truly don't know how a family copes with that kind of loss. I hope and pray something new breaks in the case and you find out what happened to your loved one.

bykerladi
06-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm not quite sure how I ended up here??? Sometimes I think that the person or persons involved may check different websites checking to make sure they were able to get away with this unspeakable crime. Who knows stranger things have happened. Am I the only person crazy enough to think like this?
Well, if you're crazy then most of us are too. I think anyone devient enough to kill another human being would definately check around to see if they were getting away with it. Actually, police often mention that perps will try to involve themselves into the police investigations to see if LE is on to them or where the case is going.

But I wouldn't let that keep you from telling Patti's story. Thank goodness this is America and we have (mostly) freedom of speech.

Bobbisangel
07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, if you're crazy then most of us are too. I think anyone devient enough to kill another human being would definately check around to see if they were getting away with it. Actually, police often mention that perps will try to involve themselves into the police investigations to see if LE is on to them or where the case is going.

But I wouldn't let that keep you from telling Patti's story. Thank goodness this is America and we have (mostly) freedom of speech.

One good thing here is that we don't use our real names or where we live unless we mention the state. If some creep did come snooping around he wouldn't really learn much as we just throw around theorys and ask questions.
He would probably think we were just a bunch of people with nothing better to do :D

Bobbisangel
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS TODAY!!!!

Patti had been divorced for a few years prior to 6/29/2001... Patti and her ex remained friends and shared custody of their daughter. Patti had planned on going on a camping/fishing trip with the co-worker. At the time everything seemed to be on the up and up. Of course since then we have found many things to be out of the ordinary....many we cannot discuss.

Did Patti tell her sister where they were going to go camping and fishing? If so, was it at a place where other people would have also been camping or was it somewhere in the wilderness?

Do you think that maybe there was a change of plans and she didn't end up going with her co-worker? Is he still working at the same place? Just wondering if he stuck around or disappeared? Had she been dating anyone that she might have gone somewhere else with instead of the co-worker? Did she have any camping equipment or fishing equipment that she would have taken with her that was missing from her home?

LOOKING FOR PATTI
07-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Before I start I just want to say.... Looking back there were plenty of signs that something wasn't right but at the time we didn't see it, Patti just seemed so happy.

No, we do not know exactly where she was going, all we knew was it was a place the coworker went on fishing trips and it was very remote. Trust me I know what everyone is thinking... Why in the world didn't we question this.

The guy no longer works at Honda he left about a year later. He still lives in the same house with his family. Yes, he is married. At the time of Patti's disappearance she was told his divorce would be final the next month. This was not an affair she truly believed he had been seperated for sometime and was just waiting for his divorce to be final. There is so much more that I wish I could share....

As for anything missing from her home.... No, she just packed clothes. If there had been a change in plans she would have told us. We have been asked time and time again "do you think she may have run away?" The answer is NO!!! Patti had a daughter that she loved with all her heart, a wonderful family, lots of friends, a house and a great job.

I truly believe her case would be solved if the police had more experience but like I said before Marysville, Ohio is a very small town. Our only hope now is that the FBI comes through.

LOOKING FOR PATTI
07-14-2006, 02:23 AM
I would like some input on using Psychics? Has anyone used them if so, what happened?

bykerladi
07-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Kelly from Project Jason has done a wonderful expose on the evils of psychics. Her series starts here (I think) http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2006/03/33006-pmp-sylvia-and-friends-part-i.html

Bobbisangel
07-16-2006, 01:22 AM
I would like some input on using Psychics? Has anyone used them if so, what happened?

Psychics if they are honest.. will tell you that they can't see names on street signs....like names of roads...names of cities...anything like that that would give a person an idea where someone might be. Signs. They can't even see license plate numbers. They say things like...a body of water...or a house...stuff like that that does no good.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with talking to them if you have the mind set not to hope for anything and take anything that they say worth a grain of salt. I would not pay one. Slyvia Brown, who is supposed to be so great charges $400 for her GIFT!! Gifts are to be given away in my book. She has never solved a mystery as far as I know.

When my daughter's killer was on the run my oldest daughter found out about a psychic...she called her self something else but its all the same to me. Anyway, my daughter contacted this lady and made a phone appt with her. This was say in March or April of 2002. When my daughter talked to the lady the lady told her not to give her any information. She could say a name but that was it. So my daughter said "Shelley." The lady said that she could see Shelley through the windshield of a car. That she had been murdered by her ex-husband. My daughter said "Mike." She said that he is on the run and was currently in Mexico. She said that she had never seen a person in handcuffs that didn't end up getting caught and she saw him in handcuffs. She said that he would be caught in Oct or Nov she wasn't sure.

I kind of just blew it off and didn't get my hopes up even though the lady knew the whole story. It had also been all over the new when it happened and his vehicle had been found a couple towns away from this lady. But it had been 7 yrs previously that the murder had taken place so I doubted that the lady would have remembered and she didn't have any last names. I said "well that sure would be nice if he was caught then. I had always believed that he was in Mexico because his mama lived in Texas...lots of money..and I knew he wouldn't be that far away from his B--ch of a mother.

October came around and nothing happened. I would think of it once in awhile. My co-workers knew and they would talk to me about it. One Novemeber 16th I got a call from our lead detective and he wanted to come over. I thought he just wanted to get together to see if we could figure out something new to do to try and catch this killer. He came over and came in and sat down. When he told me that Mike was sitting in the jail in the next town over you could have knocked me over! Such a relief just knowing he wasn't out there living his life like nothing ever happened.

As it happened this lady was right on. She told my daughter that she doesn't do murder cases anymore because it just takes to much out of her. I guess maybe she did ours because we knew who the killer was. We just wanted to see if she could tell us where he was. She could only tell us Mexico.

She also told my daughter a bunch of crap about Shelley and what she was doing, etc. I didn't want to hear about that. There isn't any proof that she knows what Shelley was doing. She did say that Shelley was with Brian that she grew up with. She talked about how he died and it was Brian that had gotten murdered on the day his baby boy was born. My kids grew up with him. She also said that she was with another Brian who had died in a car accident...he hit the back of a semi. She said this Brian was quite the joker and she mentioned something that he had said about the accident. This was the brother of my oldest daughter's boyfriend. The crack he had made was one my daughter had heard him say before about accidents. It was weird but believable. That is my history with psychics. I don't plan to ever talk to one but you know when you have someone missing or on the run you get desperate to find out something. You hope a psychic can give you some kind of info. My daughter paid $80 to talk to that lady. Not me. I don't have that kind of money and I wouldn't pay one anyway. When you have a loved one missing you need the name of a city...street signs...something that can lead you somewhere. They can't see those things so they are basically useless.

I guess LE do use them at times but I don't know that they solve cases. Like I said...I don't see anything wrong as long as they don't charge a cent and you don't get your hopes centered on anything they say. Just keep a we'll see attitude and if you do find out something that is great but just don't count on it. That is my opinion anyway.

lab mama
02-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Here's a website for Allison Dubois - I think she is truly gifted and possibly could help - she's helped law enforcement before with good results: http://www.allisondubois.com/

Bobbisangel
02-22-2007, 06:08 AM
I wonder if the family ever contacted this lady? There is another lady that I've heard good things about named Noreen Riemer or something like that.

lab mama
08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Last I heard, the FBI was finally getting involved. I think that was this year after LE found a body up in Marion and thought it might be Patti's - it actually was not though but I think they are finally involved. I can only hope she is found soon and whoever did this to her. If anyone has some updates on this case, please post them!

angarella
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
This thread just happened to catch my attention today. Such a sad case. Poor Patti and her family. I hope something has been found out.

imamaze
10-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Article wrote Feb. 21, 2009

Spotlight back on Patricia Adkins case (http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/marysville/stories/2009/02/21/0222maadkins_ln.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=104)

Union County Sheriff Rocky Nelson hopes national attention from the "America's Most Wanted" Web site will lead to new clues in the 2001 disappearance of Patricia "Patti" Adkins....More...

imamaze
10-20-2009, 09:43 PM
America's Most Wanted: Patricia Ann Adkins (http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=63068)

Patricia "Patti" Adkins' young daughter has not seen her mother since she was 7 years old. Patti was last seen leaving her job at the Honda of America plant in Marysville, Ohio on June 29, 2001.

Patti told friends she was planning to go on vacation, but the night she supposedly left was the last time anyone heard from her. Shortly before her disappearance, she left her daughter with relatives but never returned to pick her up.

On July 8, 2001, Patti's sister, Marcia, reported her missing. Ever since, authorities say there has been no activity on any of Patti’s financial accounts and none of her family or friends have heard from her....More...

imamaze
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
The Charley Project: Patricia Ann Adkins (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/adkins_patricia.html)

lab mama
09-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Recent article in Dispatch, it's been 9 years since Patti's disappearance: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/09/06/woman-left-work-vanished.html

Kat
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Come home soon Patti, prayers for your family.

Odyssey
09-23-2010, 02:54 AM
A little more info here.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/09/06/timeline.html

Odyssey
09-23-2010, 10:32 AM
and a little more here as well

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/09/06/woman-left-work-vanished.html

Killers Among Us
Woman left work, vanished
Single mother was going on vacation with married man
Monday, September 6, 2010 02:51 AM
By Holly Zachariah
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

MARYSVILLE, Ohio - It's only a single speck of blood, no bigger than if someone had swatted a bug.

But that speck inside a vial on an evidence-room shelf could be all it takes to solve the 9-year-old mystery of what happened to Patricia "Patti" Adkins.

The last thing anyone knows for certain about the 29-year-old single mom, who was a second-shift assembly-line supervisor, is that she punched out at Marysville's Honda of America plant after working her shift on June 29, 2001. It was 19 seconds after midnight.

"Then she walked out into the night and disappeared," said detective Jeff Stiers of the Union County sheriff's office.

Stiers is confident that Patti was killed, although her body has never been found. In 2006, a Union County judge declared her dead, and her family - including her only child, a daughter, now 16 - has tried to hold on to their memories and let go of their anger.

"I have never fully grieved for my sister because the pain is so overwhelming," said Marcia Pitts, one of Patti's four siblings and the one closest to her in age and spirit.

"You can't come to terms with it because your mind wants this to be rational. And it isn't. There is nothing rational about someone just vanishing from this Earth."

Patti had everything going for her when she disappeared. She made good money at Honda in a job she had held for more than a decade. She was in line for a promotion.

She owned a well-kept home in a quiet subdivision. She and her ex-husband got along well for the sake of their daughter, Michaley, who was only 7 back then.

Patti loved the outdoors, shopped a lot and spoiled her golden retriever and her cats. She rarely lost at euchre during breaks at work. She occasionally went out with friends after work and was known to enjoy a Bud Light or two.

Those who knew her best say she was a happy, well-adjusted, independent woman, a devoted mother and sister and a loyal friend.

But she had a secret: She hated to be alone.

Perhaps that explains her long-term, on-again, off-again relationship with a married co-worker.

Her friends and sisters - even her ex-husband, her banker and her hairdresser - knew of the affair. She told those closest to her that she knew it was wrong, but that he was going to leave his wife someday. He swore it. She just had to help him first.

So Patti gave him money - about $90,000 over a couple of years, by the detective's accounting of her retirement account, her savings and her loans - to get his family businesses out of hock.

Then, they would be together. He promised.

Stiers thinks that Patti believed her new life was to start June 29 at midnight when the Honda plant closed for its weeklong Fourth of July shutdown.

Patti had told many people about her vacation plans, mentioning a few possible destinations. A remote cabin in Canada was the most common.

She said that her boyfriend had said she wouldn't be able to call home once they arrived because there was no phone service and that she shouldn't bring anything with her because they would buy whatever they needed when they got there.

She asked Marcia to help care for Michaley while she was gone. She kenneled her pets.

She asked a friend, LaDonna Wolding, to drive her to work so she could leave with her boyfriend after the shift.

But, in Stiers' mind, this was the most bizarre thing of all: Patti told LaDonna that she was going to have to hide in the bed of her boyfriend's pickup truck for a while until they'd dropped a buddy he commuted with at home.

Patti didn't follow every instruction, however. She had to bring something, she told LaDonna. She took a small, teal-colored duffel bag. She said it held something new from Victoria's Secret. She said it was blue, his favorite color.

The bag and the clothes were never found.

After Patti disappeared, the boyfriend was questioned. He has been interrogated time and again. He denies any relationship with Patti. He said she was just a co-worker, that he had even floated her a little lunch money a time or two.

His wife told investigators her husband had had no affair; the friend who rode to work with him that night denies knowing anything at all.

They all told authorities that, although it is tragic, they cannot help solve this mystery.

Not long after Patti was reported missing, the man gave authorities permission to search his home and businesses. They even dug up a recently poured concrete pad.

All proved fruitless - until someone noticed a new tonneau cover in the garage.

He had only just bought it, he said, and had it on his truck bed for just a few days to cover some fishing gear.

Forensic analysts examined it for evidence. They turned up a few cat hairs. Patti's veterinarian confirmed they came from her animals.

And they found a single spot of blood. Investigators think it is Patti's.

But real life isn't like a TV crime show. Results aren't immediate, action isn't always quick. Often, blood and body-fluid samples are tested repeatedly over time as methods to provide more-accurate results develop and advance.

This sample is so small that there will be no second chance, and technology hasn't quite yet caught up.

"We get one shot at this, and we know it," said Union County Prosecutor David Phillips. "One. That's it."

So they wait.

What Stiers really must do is find Patti's body.

He concedes that she could be anywhere. It is as if she clocked out and was simply swallowed by the darkness.

All of Honda's property as well as thousands of acres across three counties were searched on foot and by horseback and four-wheeler, and from cars, trucks, helicopters and airplanes.

Divers have scraped the bottoms of quarries and sunk special cameras deep into ponds. Dogs trained to find dead bodies have run through thickets and woods.

"You name it, we've heard it all," Stiers said. "But we keep looking. If we get a tip that she's behind the oak tree, then we go look behind the oak tree."

He has, of course, considered that his theory could be wrong. What if Patti simply took off, sought a fresh start? What if the boyfriend changed his mind, dumped her out somewhere and, wandering the dark countryside alone, she was hurt?

Over the years, the detective has pored over Patti's records, chased down leads, traced rumors and interviewed potential suspects - former boyfriends, co-workers, even a homeless guy said to have bothered a few local women at that time.

"To keep your eye on just one theory, one person would be a mistake," he said.

So he keeps searching for a body but mostly chasing ghosts.

And Marcia, who teaches math and coaches sports at Marion Harding High School and has helped raise Michaley in her Marion home, searches for peace.

She pauses, just for a second or two, each time she hears a news anchor say a body has been found. She takes comfort whenever it is identified: "Even if I didn't get answers, someone did."

Her heart races whenever her caller ID flashes the sheriff's office phone number. She's grateful the authorities still call to remind her they are working hard, that they care.

And sometimes, every now and then, she still cries. Just last week, more than nine years after she last spoke to Patti, she called her sister's old phone number by mistake.

Time, she says, simply cannot change some things.

hzachariah@dispatch.com

Odyssey
09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Timeline of Patricia Adkins' murder
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 09:59 AM

The Columbus Dispatch

Case in brief

Patricia "Patti" Adkins, a 29-year-old single mother from Marysville and supervisor at the Honda of America plant, disappeared at midnight, June 29, 2001, after clocking out from work. She was never seen or heard from again. She has been declared legally dead. Despite exhaustive searches over several years across several counties, her body has never been found.

Keys to the case

Police have a suspect.

Patti had a longtime boyfriend who was married. She had told her closest friends and relatives that she was leaving with him for a weeklong trip to a remote part of Canada and that she wasn't allowed to take anything with her. Detectives have what they believe is forensic evidence that places her in his pickup truck about the time of her disappearance. They are awaiting technological advances to better test it.

Timeline

June 26, 2001:

Patti Adkins' boyfriend orders a new tonneau cover for his pickup truck.

June 29:

10 a.m.: The man picks up the cover, installs it and drives the truck - a vehicle he usually doesn't drive - to work.

Early afternoon: Patti takes her golden retriever and cats to the kennel. She catches a ride to work with a friend. Patti tells her that she is leaving after work with her boyfriend but that she will have to hide in the bed of his pickup truck for awhile until all is clear.

June 30:

19 seconds after midnight: Patti clocks out at Honda. She is never seen nor heard from again.

July 8:

Noon: Patti fails to show up as expected to pick up her daughter.

4 p.m.: Patti's sister, Marcia Pitts, checks Patti's house and finds her Honda Accord in the garage and her personal items undisturbed.

7:15 p.m.: Marcia filed a missing persons report with Marysville police.

July 10:

Police interview the boyfriend for the first time. He denies any relationship or involvement.

July 13:

The boyfriend consents to a search of his property. They discover a spot of blood on the tonneau cover, which he told them he removed from his truck on July 7.

Reward

Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000 for information leading to a conviction in this case. Tips can be left anonymously at 614-461-8477 or online at www.stopcrime.org (select the "submit a tip" tab). Information, without promise of the reward, can also be directed to Detective Jeff Stiers of the Union County sheriff's office at 937-645-4101 ext. 4442.

lab mama
09-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Come home soon Patti, prayers for your family.
I agree, it's been way too long.

debloree
01-10-2011, 02:15 PM
This case will be on the I.D. Channel tonight @ 9 pm e.s.t. Disappeared.

smallaxe27
01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I saw the ID Channel show last night.

I hope there soon is a break in the case.

I read on another forum that Brian Flowers is the name of the boyfriend/scam artist. Its incredible that he has gotten away with this so long since she told so many people that she was dating him and was going on a trip with him.

He is damned lucky that she was not my sister or daughter.

OldSteve
01-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Saw the ID Disappeared show last night – what a frustrating case!

With so much to go on early on, if ONLY more resources where available early on – especially forensics to check things such as identifying where a vehicle traveled because to the kind of mud, seed pods, etc…. fibers inside the vehicle, etc…

Also where the dogs gave indication at the newly poured cement – forensically going over that, even breaking the cement apart and scanning it… What about phone records, cell phone pings,.

cluciano63
01-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I don't understand when LE says they are waiting for technology to catch up? I thought they could get DNA from a pinpoint of blood these days.

How horrible that this man has gotten away with this murder all of these years, as I am convinced that he has. And why is his name supposed to be a secret? He is a POI or suspect according to articles I have read. Since when do POI's get protection?

OldSteve
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
That scares me - if the sample is that small, it seems defense will argue that it could have come from a flea that simply found it's way under the truck cover... If only one or two cat hairs were found under the cover, still not great forensics..

I feel the best evidence is the accounts given separately that each person gave without knowing what the others had said. Also why the truck cover was used for just a short time, and why one would even use a cover considering what the truck was normally used for.

Waiting all this time I think weakens the case... I wonder if I were on a jury if there would be enough evidence... it bothers me that her X knew of what she was doing.... he would have to have an air-tight alibi to rule out jealousy and anger…

Missing Budweiser
01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
This story broke my heart. This woman was apparently very trusting if not naive and gullible. This suspect is a scumbag. I agree with "smallaxe27". If she was anyway connected to me, this dude would have a serious problem. And that's just not me typing on a keyboard. What kind of a guy takes money like that from a single mother?

OldSteve
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
This story broke my heart. This woman was apparently very trusting if not naive and gullible. This suspect is a scumbag. I agree with "smallaxe27". If she was anyway connected to me, this dude would have a serious problem. And that's just not me typing on a keyboard. What kind of a guy takes money like that from a single mother?

And considering how naive/gullible she appeared, I wonder why would her POI boyfriend want to end it like he did?
Since there was no record of him receiving any of her money, it seemed he could have simply denied getting some or all of it...

Missouri Mule
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Just saw this tonight. Incredible how she would enter into such an arrangement with this guy. I would think that the wife would be the weak link. I can hardly believe she was ignorant of this unless she was complicit and in it for the money herself. This had to have had some planning in that
none of that money could be traced to him.

From what I gather, the circumstantial case would convict him if that blood could be identified.

I wonder if he could have pulled this off before with any other women.

msteach
01-25-2011, 01:10 AM
And considering how naive/gullible she appeared, I wonder why would her POI boyfriend want to end it like he did?
Since there was no record of him receiving any of her money, it seemed he could have simply denied getting some or all of it...

Maybe the wife did it...and not him.

OldSteve
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I wonder if LE will ever go forward with this case...

cluciano63
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
This case is on Nancy Grace's Missing in America on Thursday March 10th.

I think LE has a great circumstantial case, have seen cases tried with less. It is glaringly obvious the boyfriend killed her, motive was the money and not wanting to divorce his wife or have her find out (but mostly the money.) How sickening he goes about with his life like nothing ever happened.

debloree
03-10-2011, 02:18 AM

I think LE has a great circumstantial case, have seen cases tried with less. It is glaringly obvious the boyfriend killed her, motive was the money and not wanting to divorce his wife or have her find out (but mostly the money.) How sickening he goes about with his life like nothing ever happened.

Thanks for letting us know about the NG show. I will definitely watch it.

OldSteve
03-10-2011, 02:28 PM

His wife did not seem that upset about his seeing Patty, to the point I wonder if she was in on it.... Considering how gulible Patty was, and that the money couldn't be traced going to the boyfriend, I'm not sure about money being a motive, as well as the proverbial "why kill the goose that lays the golden egg" .... Now if Patty were PG, that would cast a different light on things... Also, consider she is giving away money that should be saved and used for her future and her child's future... her doing that might have enraged someone else ....
As for the DNA evidence... don't know what LE is waiting for. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to use since it will be claimed that the amount was so little it doesn't mean much. It also doesn't prove that she stayed hidden under the cover...
Having said all this - don't get me wrong, I am no fan of her boyfriend...

Kimster
03-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Patti being covered on NG now. So sad! :(

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-10-2011, 10:02 PM
AIRING NOW!!!

Patricia Adkins: Nancy Grace America's Missing

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/03/09/patricia-adkins-blog.jpg

After working the second shift as the assembly line supervisor at a Honda plant, 29-year-old Patricia Adkins clocked out at midnight on June 29, 2001.

Patti, as she was often called, was never seen again. Friends say she had plans for the fourth of July holiday week with a married co-worker she’d been having an affair with. The two were allegedly headed to a remote part of Canada. When the single mother didn’t pick up her daughter as scheduled on July 8 family knew something was wrong. Police say the married co-worker is the only person of interest in Patti’s disappearance. Despite numerous interviews with him police have not gotten any closer to finding Patti.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

cluciano63
03-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I am watching...hoping something has changed since "Disappeared" a few months ago, but not optimistic...

Kimster
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
She gave the BF large amounts of money, taking loans off her 401K.

This is so sad.

cluciano63
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I honestly did not know that they could not test a tiny amount of blood these days without losing it; I thought technology had already caught up with all of that. They have a tiny amount found on the truck bed cover, along with cat hairs that match her cat, but cannot test the blood for DNA. I hope they can soon and surprise this man with an arrest.

Cat99
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Saw this last night on NG. There is no way that this boyfriend/co-worker was not involved in this, and I suspect his wife as well. I am amazed they cannot trace the money to he or his wife. Maybe someone helped him - an unknown accomplice maybe? JMO

OldSteve
03-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Watched the NG show last night ..... learned and thought about some things:
1) loans on her 401K were coming due and she was asking BF to start paying her back....
2) BF remains still married.
3) On NG they do not name or show the BF, whereas if I remember correctly, on the ID show some time back they did show and name the BF and his wife... but could be wrong about that...
4) Sheriff said BF did take a lie detector and results were that he was deceptive...
5) No mention of PA's ex taking a lie detector.

If I were the BF's wife, I would be most fearful.... if anyone knows anything more she would most likely be the one IMO. Many times we see a case break when a couple splits up and the ex-wife comes forward...

LotsaLatte
03-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I am just waiting for the divorce so either the BF or wife cracks. This is so sad. I feel so bad for her family.

cluciano63
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
What if they never divorce...

I am counting on the blood, I guess; hope they can figure a way to test it soon. I wonder if they did DNA on the cat hair. I already think they have a solid circumstantial case. It galls me that he has been free these 10 years and got to keep all of her money...

OldSteve
03-12-2011, 01:49 PM
What if they never divorce...

I am counting on the blood, I guess; hope they can figure a way to test it soon. I wonder if they did DNA on the cat hair. I already think they have a solid circumstantial case. It galls me that he has been free these 10 years and got to keep all of her money...

If I remember correctly, they did test the cat hair DNA and it matched her cat.

Bennettras
10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Bumping for Patti

OldSteve
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Bumping for Patti
Sadly, seems this case is going nowhere...

psdumas
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Of all the shows I've watched on disappearances, crime, etc, this one has haunted me the most. The idea that someone would make another person climb into the back of a pickup truck, and possibly kill them right there- a mother with a young child- is particularly abhorrent to me.

I want to know if there is a dedicated, passionate detective that is working on this case that won't give up? When will that blood be tested? And is there a possibility that this person of interest will get his due?

Hopefully, someday this sad, sad story will get solved.
Pat in Jersey

OldSteve
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Of all the shows I've watched on disappearances, crime, etc, this one has haunted me the most. The idea that someone would make another person climb into the back of a pickup truck, and possibly kill them right there- a mother with a young child- is particularly abhorrent to me.

I want to know if there is a dedicated, passionate detective that is working on this case that won't give up? When will that blood be tested? And is there a possibility that this person of interest will get his due?

Pat in Jersey

This would be a tricky case to bring to trial - the amount of blood was so minute inside the pickup that defense could probably cast lots of doubt... same with the cat hairs.. Because she knew and associated with the owner of the pickup, her DNA and cat's hair could show up amongst his things. DNA doesn't provide a timestamp as to when it got there....
Interesting circumstantial is that the cover was only used when she went missing, then not used...
Also there was something about a shirt found at the home of the pickup driver....
I can see defense trying to say her X got upset over all the money she had given away that should have been used to help their daughter ...
(Not that I support this argument... just saying... picture being on the jury...)

RubyRed
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
This is a very sad case. I hope one day they find out what happened.

Simply Caustic
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
The BF had only purchased the cover for his pickup (where the blood was found) a couple days prior to her going missing (he subsequently removed it within a week or two.) So, I don't see how they could necessarily claim that her blood SHOULD be there...in that very small window of time (like one to two days prior to her going missing). In addition to the cat hairs which were found there in the bed of his truck (confirmed to be from her cats)....and his claim of only knowing Patti through work, denying any affair, etc. would necessarily preclude his denials IMHO at least.

Bumping for Patti. This case is so sad. It sickens me that the POI, Brian Flowers, just went merrily along his way after murdering this woman (if that is indeed what happened...and it's what I'm convinced happened).

Sheerly on a circumstancial level, it's also damning that the loan payments on her 401(k) were coming up due, and she was pressuring him to make good on his promise of re-payment. Sounds like a damn good motive to me - avoid repaying a 100k (or nearly so) debt AND avoid the embarassment/stress/perhaps divorce that would result from his marital infidelity. Perhaps even some type of a consequence at work (I think, and I don't recall for sure so please correct me if I am wrong...but I think he was a supervisor/of a higher job title than Patti.) I am not 100% on that, but if so, that's definitely something that is frowned upon AT THE VERY LEAST in a work setting, esp. in a corporation the size of Honda. It's like begging for a lawsuit to let supervisors and their subordinates engage in relationships, especially adulterous ones.

Just some thoughts. Prayers for Patti and her family.

OldSteve
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
The amount of blood was so small, and since she and her BF had been contact with each other, transfer could have taken place. Had it been more blood, consistence with a crime, that would be different, but it's only a spec and the fact the LE has not done anything with it for so long sort of confirms this, IMO.
So proving it's her DNA, and her cat won't shown when and under what circumstances it got there. Just saying this, and I am no fan of the BF!

OldSteve
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM

Pat in Jersey

:welcome: Just realized this your first post and we should be welcoming you - so better late than never!

I been playing a bit of devil's advocate on this thread. I'm no fan of Patty's BF. I'm also not happy with how gullible Patty was in giving out her $$. IMO she should have considered how her money could be better used on herself and her daughter- but that's just my opinion, and certainly doesn't justify what appears to have happened to her.

Simply Caustic
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
The amount of blood was so small, and since she and her BF had been contact with each other, transfer could have taken place. Had it been more blood, consistence with a crime, that would be different, but it's only a spec and the fact the LE has not done anything with it for so long sort of confirms this, IMO.
So proving it's her DNA, and her cat won't shown when and under what circumstances it got there. Just saying this, and I am no fan of the BF!

This is IIRC, so don't quote me on this (I will try to find the link for reference) but perhaps it was on the Disappeared episode that LE stated, they have such a miniscule amount of blood that they are waiting for DNA testing to further advance prior to testing.
And IMHO, with the VERY small amount of time that he had the cover on his truck (day or two?) and his total denial of knowing her whatsoever outside of work....having her blood on the inside of his pickup truck (in the back, but still) along with cat hair - in a place where it could not have simply been transferred there casually - would at LEAST bust him lying. Just my two cents.

Simply Caustic
01-17-2012, 11:16 PM
:welcome: Just realized this your first post and we should be welcoming you - so better late than never!

I been playing a bit of devil's advocate on this thread. I'm no fan of Patty's BF. I'm also not happy with how gullible Patty was in giving out her $$. IMO she should have considered how her money could be better used on herself and her daughter- but that's just my opinion, and certainly doesn't justify what appears to have happened to her.

I agree with you on all counts: But in regards to the money....she didn't cash in her IRA (as I had initially thought) but instead, took out a loan against the principal. It was the repayment of that loan, that the BF was avoiding paying back (and that, ironically, payments were about to become due on shortly after her disappearance!). Wasn't sure if you were aware of that, but I think that the earlier links and media reports stated that she had cashed IN her IRA and I was astounded - not blaming the vic whatsoever, just was shocked that she would take such a major finanical loss (for early disbursement etc) but a loan against the principal is less egregious, IMO.

I read that she did it because his interest rates would have been astronomically high - but there's a reason someone doesn't want a loan/note in their name - and sometimes, it's a nefarious reason.....regardless, I wouldn't personally do the loan for anyone, but that's just me.

Odyssey
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
It should not be too difficult to prove the money part of it... I find it unlikely that Patti gave him almost 100k in cash... If nothing else, I still think POI should be sued and required to repay the debt to Patti's daughter.

Francisco
02-28-2012, 09:54 PM
This is IIRC, so don't quote me on this (I will try to find the link for reference) but perhaps it was on the Disappeared episode that LE stated, they have such a miniscule amount of blood that they are waiting for DNA testing to further advance prior to testing.
And IMHO, with the VERY small amount of time that he had the cover on his truck (day or two?) and his total denial of knowing her whatsoever outside of work....having her blood on the inside of his pickup truck (in the back, but still) along with cat hair - in a place where it could not have simply been transferred there casually - would at LEAST bust him lying. Just my two cents.

I just caught a summary of this case on Disappeared on ID. One of the detectives, in commenting on the amount of blood, said it would be the amount you would expect from a mosquito. Anyone who has ever smacked a mosquito full of blood knows it's a significant amount, so I wonder just how much DNA they really have. Regardless, if what they have was sufficient to test back in 2001, albeit by consuming the entire sample, then surely there must be enough to do LCN testing now and still retain some of the sample?

I would also agree that given the brief time the tonneau cover was on the truck, and that DNA confirmed hair from Patti's cat was on it is damning evidence. If Patti wasn't in the bed of his truck then there is no way that hair got there. DNA confirmation that the blood is Patti's would be the nail in his coffin. How long will Patti's family wait before deciding to proceed with the case? It's time!

Queen_City
02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty into the show "Disappeared" and of all the episodes I've seen, I think this one is the most obvious as far as who committed the crime. Hopefully something is done.. enough time has already passed.

neverletgo
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM
:bump:

This Friday will be the 11th anniversary of Patti's disappearance.

Where is she? Her family deserves answers. :(

OldSteve
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I just caught a summary of this case on Disappeared on ID. One of the detectives, in commenting on the amount of blood, said it would be the amount you would expect from a mosquito. Anyone who has ever smacked a mosquito full of blood knows it's a significant amount, so I wonder just how much DNA they really have. Regardless, if what they have was sufficient to test back in 2001, albeit by consuming the entire sample, then surely there must be enough to do LCN testing now and still retain some of the sample?

I would also agree that given the brief time the tonneau cover was on the truck, and that DNA confirmed hair from Patti's cat was on it is damning evidence. If Patti wasn't in the bed of his truck then there is no way that hair got there. DNA confirmation that the blood is Patti's would be the nail in his coffin. How long will Patti's family wait before deciding to proceed with the case? It's time!

Ironically, I think that's (BBM above) will what the defense will claim if ever this goes to trial... that a mosquito bit Patty and got crushed under the tonneau cover and left the blood... Now, the trick there is for the forensics to show that blood contained no mosquito anti-coagulant, if such can still be tested for..
Also, easy for cat hair to be statically attracted to tonneau cover - I have allot of experience with cat fur floating around and landing on things...

lab mama
06-27-2012, 09:25 AM
To the P.A. of Union Co., test the damn blood already. If it's a trace amount then it's a trace amount - test it and see what the results have to say - JUST DO IT CORRECTLY, through a reputable forensics testing agency (BCI?). Quit waiting on the 'technology' to be created in order to be able to test trace amounts of blood multiple times, if ever a techology will be created, and just test it once. I think a 'once and done' testing is a chance everyone is willing to take to see justice through. There's been cases in the past where such trace amounts have been tested, yielded accurate results, went to trial and won...why can't Patti's be one of them? What is it going to take? Another 10 plus years - while this guy goes about living his life, living off the money Patti loaned him, as though nothing ever happened? Where's the justice in that? Where's the justice for Patti, her daughter, her family and friends?

neverletgo
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Gone 11 years today! Where are you, Patti? :cry:

Carmen29
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I just found out about this case by watching the show on Netflix. It is frustrating bc it is so obvious. Also heartbreaking that she basically helped this guy with his plan by hiding in the truck. He just didn't count on her telling people.
Even if they say it was blood from a bug bite how are they going to explain WHY she was in the back of the truck ? (sometime in the week after she was last seen)

I would like to see some kind of civil suit against the man for the money he stole to go towards her daughter. Not the loans she took out but money she took out of savings. It's just not right that he is living off that money. It is too bad so much time has passed. Would be interesting to see if he had made any large purchases with cash over the years...

OldSteve
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
I just found out about this case by watching the show on Netflix. It is frustrating bc it is so obvious. Also heartbreaking that she basically helped this guy with his plan by hiding in the truck. He just didn't count on her telling people.
Even if they say it was blood from a bug bite how are they going to explain WHY she was in the back of the truck ? (sometime in the week after she was last seen)

I would like to see some kind of civil suit against the man for the money he stole to go towards her daughter. Not the loans she took out but money she took out of savings. It's just not right that he is living off that money. It is too bad so much time has passed. Would be interesting to see if he had made any large purchases with cash over the years...

Good to see some activity here... sad case, for sure, and looks like it will never see the light of justice, sadly.

madeleine
02-13-2013, 09:46 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-PatriciaPattiAdkins/208453215851266

The cat hair in the Tano(SP?) cover has been tested and is proven to be the same hair as Patti's cat. The reason the blood has not been tested is because the speck they have(speck as in how much blood you would find if you squished a mosquito) would be used up in one test, and could very well be inconclusive. There fore they are waiting until forensic technology is better and more clarity can be brought from what they have.
I also want to Thank everyone who likes and share this page. I made it so that hopefully we can find where Patti is and bring her home. Also to let Brian Flowers KNOW that we did not forget about what he did, and that we will NOT stop looking for Patti. Someone knows something, and they will talk. all we can do is wait.

OldSteve
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Don't like playing devils-advocate, but a drop of blood and a few cat hairs under the tonneau cover doesn't prove much since it would not tell us when or how they got there.

madeleine
02-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Don't like playing devils-advocate, but a drop of blood and a few cat hairs under the tonneau cover doesn't prove much since it would not tell us when or how they got there.

the blood was found on the tonneau which was purchased same day or a few days before she disappeared and never was used afterwards,he stored it in his attic IIRC,the cops said IIRC this was pretty telling

madeleine
02-14-2013, 06:38 AM
http://voices.yahoo.com/patti-ann-adkins-disappearance-2001-8049586.html

A spot of blood has been found on the new tonneau cover that he purchased several days prior to Patti going missing. The tonneau cover was installed the day Patti did go missing.

http://************.com/2011/10/25/bring-home-patti-adkins/

June 26, 2001:
Patti Adkins’ boyfriend orders a new tonneau cover for his pickup truck.
June 29:
10 a.m.: The man picks up the cover, installs it and drives the truck – a vehicle he usually doesn’t drive – to work.
Early afternoon: Patti takes her golden retriever and cats to the kennel. She catches a ride to work with a friend. Patti tells her that she is leaving after work with her boyfriend but that she will have to hide in the bed of his pickup truck for awhile until all is clear.
June 30:
19 seconds after midnight: Patti clocks out at Honda. She is never seen nor heard from again.
July 8:
Noon: Patti fails to show up as expected to pick up her daughter.
4 p.m.: Patti’s sister, Marcia Pitts, checks Patti’s house and finds her Honda Accord in the garage and her personal items undisturbed.
7:15 p.m.: Marcia filed a missing persons report with Marysville police.
July 10:
Police interview the boyfriend for the first time. He denies any relationship or involvement.
July 13:
The boyfriend consents to a search of his property. They discover a spot of blood on the tonneau cover, which he told them he removed from his truck on July 7.

madeleine
02-14-2013, 06:41 AM
this whole story around this tonneau kinda points to premeditated murder to me....he didn't know though that she was talking to people about their relationship....and the fact that he told her not to bring any clothes with her....pretty telling too IMO

madeleine
02-14-2013, 06:43 AM

yeah but he denied even knowing her at first...this proves she was in the back of his truck and confirms her story....he later admitted he got a card from her...why would she send a card to someone she doesn't even know (out of 4.000 people that worked there).....AND they found the Rock cafe t-shirt she bought for him.....

Odyssey
02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
yeah but he denied even knowing her at first...this proves she was in the back of his truck and confirms her story....he later admitted he got a card from her...why would she send a card to someone she doesn't even know (out of 4.000 people that worked there).....AND they found the Rock cafe t-shirt she bought for him.....

I don't think he said that he didn't know her - IIRC he said that he worked with her but that was all, then added that he "floated her money for lunch a couple times".

Your point is still completely valid, however - I think proving that she was in his truck and proving that she gave him all this money will prove he is lying.

I'm not sure if his wife is really gullible, or is covering for him, but if nothing else, proving that he lied might jog his wife's memory a bit, assuming that she believes that there was no affair.

OldSteve
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't think he said that he didn't know her - IIRC he said that he worked with her but that was all, then added that he "floated her money for lunch a couple times".

Your point is still completely valid, however - I think proving that she was in his truck and proving that she gave him all this money will prove he is lying.

I'm not sure if his wife is really gullible, or is covering for him, but if nothing else, proving that he lied might jog his wife's memory a bit, assuming that she believes that there was no affair.

Still playing "devil's-advocate".... even though she gave him lots of money, and that she had begun pressuring him to pay her back IIRC, we don't have anything that shows he did anything to her.

Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her? T
That's the problem in proving beyond a RD that he did it. Yes, we all want to convict this guy, but....

madeleine
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her?

She probably wasn't in the back of his truck for long (until he dropped of his friend IIRC)...did she happen to have a nose bleed or something exactly then?
I know there isn't much against this guy (yet)....only circumstancial stuff....that's why we need the blood test.....if that's her blood then they have solid reasons to bring him in for questioning....

Odyssey
02-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Still playing "devil's-advocate".... even though she gave him lots of money, and that she had begun pressuring him to pay her back IIRC, we don't have anything that shows he did anything to her.

Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her? T
That's the problem in proving beyond a RD that he did it. Yes, we all want to convict this guy, but....

I agree that the money and the fact that she was in the back of his truck don't prove that he harmed her - but it does prove that he lied. I still think these facts are important, for several reasons:

1) Proving the money part will open the avenues for a civil suit, so that at least Patti's family can sue for the money back. This can be used to help with Patti's child, as well as make it so POI ends up not gaining anything from what he did to her. If he doesn't have to pay the money back because of what he did, that just doesn't sit well with me.

2) His wife may really be gullible and believe that there was no affair, and that he only knew her through work, etc - proving that is a lie would possibly cause his wife to recall some things that might be useful. She may be in denial and need some evidence that he was involved with her.

3) Proving that he has lied about these things could eventually help show a history of dishonesty and hurt his credibility if it ever goes to trial.

I think he needs to be pushed on these issues and see what happens when he tries to dig himself out of it... JMO...

OldSteve
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
My memory is fading on this case, so correct me if I'm wrong.... I thought they searched his house (gf let LE look IIRC) - and speaking of lying - LE found a shirt Patti had given him....

neverletgo
04-17-2013, 02:31 PM
:bump:

Bumping Patti's thread with her episode of Disappeared for anyone that hasn't seen it before:

Disappeared - 3x02 - Secret Rendezvous - YouTube

mikkismom
05-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Local woman has been missing since 2001

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20130507/NEWS01/305070016/Local-woman-has-been-missing-since-2001

CircuitGuy
08-13-2013, 06:24 AM
this whole story around this tonneau kinda points to premeditated murder to me....he didn't know though that she was talking to people about their relationship....and the fact that he told her not to bring any clothes with her....pretty telling too IMO

I don't get the thing about bringing no clothes if they were going somewhere remote. Wouldn't she have brought a bag with at least a toothbrush, one change of clothes, any medicines, a book, and so on?

If I worked all day and left directly for vacation, I'd want to change clothes and brush teeth as soon as I got to the hotel.

What was her plan? Canada is five hours away, and she was supposedly going to a somewhat remote part. I suppose they were going to stay in a hotel in northern OH. Then were they going to buy tooth brushes, clothes, and anything they needed there before going on to Canada?

Her sister said she didn't even know where she was going? Does that mean she said it was a cabin near Lake Huron just past the border but she wasn't sure exactly how far up? Or was she saying had no idea where she was going?

I don't see why her sister would lie but the story that she was sneaking into the truck with only the contents of her purse and no plan for where she was going does not make sense to me.

OldSteve
08-13-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't get the thing about bringing no clothes if they were going somewhere remote. Wouldn't she have brought a bag with at least a toothbrush, one change of clothes, any medicines, a book, and so on?

If I worked all day and left directly for vacation, I'd want to change clothes and brush teeth as soon as I got to the hotel.

What was her plan? Canada is five hours away, and she was supposedly going to a somewhat remote part. I suppose they were going to stay in a hotel in northern OH. Then were they going to buy tooth brushes, clothes, and anything they needed there before going on to Canada?

Her sister said she didn't even know where she was going? Does that mean she said it was a cabin near Lake Huron just past the border but she wasn't sure exactly how far up? Or was she saying had no idea where she was going?

I don't see why her sister would lie but the story that she was sneaking into the truck with only the contents of her purse and no plan for where she was going does not make sense to me.

Hi CircuitGuy - what I BBM, it's amazing what some will do when they are "in love" or simply all fired up about someone...
Have you seen the show on ID about this case? They did a good job -- her sneaking into his truck, while a dumb thing to do, seemed like something she would do since he had control over her, and she was super naive!

CircuitGuy
08-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Hi CircuitGuy - what I BBM, it's amazing what some will do when they are "in love" or simply all fired up about someone...
Have you seen the show on ID about this case? They did a good job -- her sneaking into his truck, while a dumb thing to do, seemed like something she would do since he had control over her, and she was super naive!

Most everything I know is from that ID show. I can accept she would sneak into his truck to hide the affair from other people and also just for the fun of doing something that underscores the clandestine nature of the trip. I can see the childlike fun in operating like a spy.

I don't see, though, the fun in going some place after work with no clothes. Maybe she actually did pack some minimal clothes and basic toiletries in a large purse. The thought of working all day and then heading for some unknown cabin for a week without changing or even packing seems unpleasant.

I probably don't need all the stuff I back beyond a tooth brush and one change of clothes. But I feel the need to pack clothes for variable weather, deodorant, several electronic toys, my bad habit, food I might want but not find away from home, one or two books, and so on. Maybe I don't need all that junk, but I think I just feel better having it. It would be weird to go on a trip with none of it. Maybe it's because I'm a geek, but I don't know. I think most people have their little toys, vices, diversions, and comforts of home they like to carry with them on vacation.

OldSteve
08-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Snipped for a bit of friendly discussion:

I don't see, though, the fun in going some place after work with no clothes.

I agree... CMIIW, I thought he convinced her that they would buy things once they were there, or something reason why she didn't need anything.
Poor gal was gullible...

Someone got away with murder!

T9D
08-23-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm going to play the other side here for a bit.

Perhaps she did have an on again off again fling with him. Or maybe they interacted and were friends or acquaintances but she was just obsessed with him. They apparently have no proof at all of any money being transferred to Brain Flowers. She could have honestly done a million other things besides give it to him. That money could have gone anywhere. She could have seen him wearing the hard rock shirt at work before.

She could have easily overheard him talking about the tonneau cover at work. He had bought it to put fishing gear in. He may have been planning to head off on a fishing trip and originally that was the night. She knew this. But she wasn't even invited. She was going to SNEAK into his truck. That is why she brought almost nothing. Easier to sneak around. This is why she raced out of the factory before he got there. With just a small bag of lingerie? Seems suspicious. 'oh I'll pop out of the truck and surprise him at the lake he's going to fish at, he'll want me and we'll stay there together'. So maybe he didn't go on the trip after all. Maybe she's back there, he drives off someplace else after work. She gets out when it stops and walks to go looking for him, he gets back in the truck and goes home. She's left God knows where alone. She hitchhikes and is abducted or just plain died from exposure. Or maybe she did pop out some place and he freaks out. And just leaves her there and she goes missing.

She may have been just plain batty and crazy and obsessed with this guy. She certainly showed it in some areas. Now as to why he seemed startled and was different after his sister called and mentioned this trip, well yeah, you'd be to if it was something totally off the wall. Why did he stay on the phone? At the very least it's an acquaintance of his, at most it's someone he did care about but didn't want his wife to know, so yeah he's going to want to know what is going on too and where she is but not let on that they may have had something together at one time. He's going to lie about not really knowing her because there may be some history that he obviously doesn't want his wife to know about. Even if it was a long time ago.

Now the 7th comes around. It's a work truck. The tonneau cover can't stay on. He takes it off and puts it away. He'll use it another time when he does actually need it for fishing. If I was fishing you do NOT want to leave your expensive poles inside an open truck bed. It totally makes sense to get that cover for something like that. And to use it just for one purpose. Some people buy bike racks they only put on their car for only when they go biking, some people ski racks. You get the point. He may have even delayed the fishing trip but wanted to get the cover all set up and put on and ready to go.

Cat hair....cat hair gets on EVERYTHING. Way to easy to pick that up. His coat or bag or anything could have picked it up. I don't have a cat and pick that hair up all the time. Sometimes I can't even remember where I was that I picked it up at. Sometimes it's peoples hair I don't even know who's.

The blood? Maybe it's his from when he put the cover on. So small he didn't even know he did it. Why don't they test it? Because there is a big chance it's not hers or they can't get anything from it. As long as they have it then it's always that "what if". The police always have a pressure point to push with him. To always keep him on his toes and worried. But in reality it's probably not enough to convict him if it is even hers. Even if it is hers it's so small it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Sure that seems like a lot of circumstantial evidence. But it happens even to innocent people. And if the blood isn't hers that is a huge part of it gone. It's really holding the case together like glue. Take that away and it starts to fall apart. This is why I think they don't test it. It's to little to take a chance with too. The odds are better by leaving everyone to assume it's hers.
Either way there is no way there is enough for a conviction. They need to find a body or a whole lot more evidence.

I found a comment on a news page from a friend. I believe it was a friend she worked with and not a fake:

"I worked with Mr Flowers a lot, especially during the weeks and months before she went missing. I saw a lot of fighting between the two of them(physical and verbal) during work, on-line and out in the parking lot on breaks. Patti confessed a lot to me about him, and what was going on in their relationship, the good and bad.... I was assigned to help out in her work area almost daily and for many months prior to her disappearance."

All that says is they fought though and didn't get along at times, and she did tell her they had a relationship and others. But there is no other proof of that. Some women can be obsessed and Imagine a relationship that is not there, or if one is make it out more than it actually is. Or perhaps there was one there but was long over and she didn't want to believe it (hence the fighting). And snuck into his truck one day. Or what if she got into the wrong truck?

I thought the sisters said though that they got along and they were happy. That means she wasn't telling the sisters everything or being honest. When in fact they were fighting a lot about something.

Let's look at one more angle. Maybe she snuck in the back without him knowing. He hears something and pulls over. He grabs something heavy in the cab. She jumps out in the dark and he hits her thinking he's protecting himself. Do you think he's going to tell anyone and they will believe him? Not with their history, he'd be in jail for sure. The safest thing would be to hide the body and try to go on with his life.

Or think of this. He owed her money, lots of it. She was pressuring him to pay. He couldn't. We know they had argued before, the friend said so. He also says he's not going to leave his wife. *She's mad, real mad. We may need to consider that perhaps she snuck into his truck and had some plan to confront them or harm them after he got home. Somehow the whole trip thing could work out as an alibi, she could say the angry wife saw her when he had to stop at home and attacked her but she defended herself. But her plan didn't happen, maybe he found her too soon, she attacked him, he killed her. He had to get rid of her body since nobody would believe he didn't set it up. Who knows, crazier things have happened.

Now with all that being said. I think he very well did do it. There still is the possibility that at the very least she may have planned on surprising him, pops out some place, he kills her. Maybe she was planning on surprising him by popping out at his house, and finally confronting the wife. But he can't let that happen after he finds her first. Or maybe she had even suggested killing the wife and so he felt justified in killing her first.

Anyway if it did go down like had been already mentioned from everyone else and the show, and he planned it like that. That is just so grossly evil and horrible. That means he had been taking money for a long time. Then planned her murder that whole time he was telling her about the trip. Got her hopes up and was so happy. And when she got in that night he knew he was going to kill her. And to kill a mother of a 7 year old. That is just so heinous. Which means he already had a place he was going to dump her body. The whole time she was back there under the cover and excited he was driving her to her death. He drives out to some country road, she gets out very confused in the dark wondering why they are there, and he kills her, and hides or buries the body. Her body can be anywhere.

I think the wife knows about it too.

But I still can't help but think that there is still the possibility that someone else did something to her. I've read of cases that seem so sure thing that one person did it, but they catch someone else.

josie1986
10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
just caught disappeared on netflix....bumping for patti!!

i honestly thought they could test tiny amounts of dna these days.

maybe they could try a Polymerase chain reaction on the sample...sounds like that could work

Polymerase chain reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OldSteve
10-13-2013, 11:04 AM
just caught disappeared on netflix....bumping for patti!!

i honestly thought they could test tiny amounts of dna these days.

maybe they could try a Polymerase chain reaction on the sample...sounds like that could work

Polymerase chain reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymerase_chain_reaction)

IMO it's not because they cannot test and show it's her DNA, but since she was associated with the owner of the truck and cover; her DNA could have gotten there by any number of ways, even indirectly.... I would need more than that if I were on a jury.

IMO mention of waiting for future testing was done in hopes of putting pressure - even perhaps upon anyone being fearful of being hauled in and eventually charged as an accomplice. - all IMO.

EyesOnSunday
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
It sounds far fetched but there is a possibility that his wife was in on the whole thing. Couples have worked together to do some pretty horrible things. Money can be an great motivator.

I'm a little surprised that there was no surveillance footage at the Honda factory. Although it was quite some time ago and maybe not as common back then.

I have considered this whole thing from the angle that she was mentally ill and perhaps imagined her relationship (I have witnessed such a thing personally) but the other scenario seems so glaringly obvious.

OldSteve
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
It sounds far fetched but there is a possibility that his wife was in on the whole thing. Couples have worked together to do some pretty horrible things. Money can be an great motivator.

I'm a little surprised that there was no surveillance footage at the Honda factory. Although it was quite some time ago and maybe not as common back then.

I have considered this whole thing from the angle that she was mentally ill and perhaps imagined her relationship (I have witnessed such a thing personally) but the other scenario seems so glaringly obvious.

Not so far-fetched; I wondered about that too!

She did give him allot of $$ - not sure how that plays into it if she were imagining a relationship.

CircuitGuy
11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Couples have worked together to do some pretty horrible things. Money can be an great motivator.

Since the loan was not documented, though, why do they have to kill her? What is the absolute worst-case scenario for the them if she did lend him large amounts of cash? She could sue him and probably lose b/c the loan was not documented. She could tarnish his reputation, but this would be tricky since she didn't document the loan.

CircuitGuy
11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Perhaps she did have an on again off again fling with him. Or maybe they interacted and were friends or acquaintances but she was just obsessed with him. They apparently have no proof at all of any money being transferred to Brain Flowers. She could have honestly done a million other things besides give it to him. That money could have gone anywhere.

Yes. People blow money on stupid stuff and lie about it all the time.

He may have been planning to head off on a fishing trip and originally that was the night. She knew this. But she wasn't even invited. She was going to SNEAK into his truck. That is why she brought almost nothing. Easier to sneak around. This is why she raced out of the factory before he got there. With just a small bag of lingerie? Seems suspicious. 'oh I'll pop out of the truck and surprise him at the lake he's going to fish at, he'll want me and we'll stay there together'.

In this scenario you're saying he was originally planning a long distance trip to a cabin up north? She told her sister he had invited her for a week's vacation. This would be a lie, and she would be found out if he rejected her.

Her plan would require him to leave for the trip shortly after work. It would be unpleasant if he decided he was tired and would get up early the next morning and go.

If she somehow knew he would leave directly and they had once even had a hint of a possibility of relationship, your scenario actually makes sense. She figures he's only going to drive a few hours. She figures he would like to be with her on some level but would say no to a premeditated affair. He she surprises him, now he has to leave her there or drive for hours to undo it and get her home. He can tell himself "the woman's crazy; what could I say?" and stay with her.

Now as to why he seemed startled and was different after his sister called and mentioned this trip, well yeah, you'd be to if it was something totally off the wall. Why did he stay on the phone? At the very least it's an acquaintance of his, at most it's someone he did care about but didn't want his wife to know, so yeah he's going to want to know what is going on too and where she is but not let on that they may have had something together at one time.

Yes. Even if they never had a relationship, if the sister of a woman at work called saying I had been planning a clandestine trip, I would stay on the phone and hound them for info. That's probably not the right thing to do. I should probably just dismiss it as absurd and hang up, but I would want to know what's this all about and what she's been telling people about me.

The blood? Maybe it's his from when he put the cover on. So small he didn't even know he did it. Why don't they test it? Because there is a big chance it's not hers or they can't get anything from it. As long as they have it then it's always that "what if". The police always have a pressure point to push with him. To always keep him on his toes and worried. But in reality it's probably not enough to convict him if it is even hers. Even if it is hers it's so small it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Excellent idea about the police holding it out there to psych out the real criminal. I believe that's the whole point of the lie detector test. It's not has way too many false positives and negatives to be useful in finding the truth, but the suspect thinks maybe it will work, and that freaks him out. He focuses on that possibility instead of keeping his story straight. Having this tiny drop of blood may do the same thing. They can always say to someone, "We've been doing more analysis on that blood, and we'd like to talk to you about where you were on such-and-such night." It's not going to make the criminal confess but it sure might throw him off.

"I worked with Mr Flowers a lot, especially during the weeks and months before she went missing. I saw a lot of fighting between the two of them(physical and verbal) during work, on-line and out in the parking lot on breaks. Patti confessed a lot to me about him, and what was going on in their relationship, the good and bad.... I was assigned to help out in her work area almost daily and for many months prior to her disappearance."

If there was physical fighting during work, I wonder if it was documented or at least if someone saw it and told the police.

Or think of this. He owed her money, lots of it. She was pressuring him to pay. He couldn't. We know they had argued before, the friend said so. He also says he's not going to leave his wife. *She's mad, real mad. We may need to consider that perhaps she snuck into his truck and had some plan to confront them or harm them after he got home. Somehow the whole trip thing could work out as an alibi, she could say the angry wife saw her when he had to stop at home and attacked her but she defended herself. But her plan didn't happen, maybe he found her too soon, she attacked him, he killed her. He had to get rid of her body since nobody would believe he didn't set it up. Who knows, crazier things have happened.

This means she would have had to formulate the story to her sister such that her sister think she thought she was going on a trip. But it would all be rouse to get into their garage and murder them. She would have to have a weapon and feel confident she could take them both. If she just killed this his wife, it wouldn't work because he might tell the police that it was not self-defense. It just seems like an very complicated plan with a low chance of success. I agree weirder things have happened.

Anyway if it did go down like had been already mentioned from everyone else and the show, and he planned it like that. That is just so grossly evil and horrible. That means he had been taking money for a long time. Then planned her murder that whole time he was telling her about the trip. Got her hopes up and was so happy. And when she got in that night he knew he was going to kill her. And to kill a amother of a 7 year old. That is just so heinous. Which means he already had a place he was going to dump her body. The whole time she was back there under the cover and excited he was driving her to her death. He drives out to some country road, she gets out very confused in the dark wondering why they are there, and he kills her, and hides or buries the body. Her body can be anywhere.

I think the wife knows about it too.

That's just ghastly I agree. And what's his upside? Was she threatening to ruin his marriage? Killing her in cold blood in not only heinous but risky. If his wife knows about it, it really makes no sense. They could just ignore her. The only way I could see killing her helping is if his wife was jealous and knowing or even suspecting he killed his alleged mistress ended her jealousy. That requires her to be heinous too.

Snoopster
11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
She may have been obsessed with him, but I am having trouble believing this.

I think he "played her"....leading her on.

OldSteve
11-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Since the loan was not documented, though, why do they have to kill her? What is the absolute worst-case scenario for the them if she did lend him large amounts of cash? She could sue him and probably lose b/c the loan was not documented. She could tarnish his reputation, but this would be tricky since she didn't document the loan.

Good point! Especially if his wife knew what was going on.... makes no sense to harm her..

MissouriGirl
02-24-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed or not, but is it possible that she could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning while she was hiding in the back of his truck under the tonneau cover, and upon discovery maybe B.F. panicked and disposed of the body?

I found this safety precaution listed on the installation instructions of a tonneau cover: "NEVER allow people or animals to occupy the bed of a truck while the engine is running! Serious or fatal injury may occur from carbon monoxide poisoning or collision."

OldSteve
02-25-2014, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed or not, but is it possible that she could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning while she was hiding in the back of his truck under the tonneau cover, and upon discovery maybe B.F. panicked and disposed of the body?

I found this safety precaution listed on the installation instructions of a tonneau cover: "NEVER allow people or animals to occupy the bed of a truck while the engine is running! Serious or fatal injury may occur from carbon monoxide poisoning or collision."

Interesting - what you mentioned is first time I've heard of that. Would make for an interesting defense...

Balor51
02-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Bumping for Patti. Her disappeared episode was shown on Discovery ID today. It was heartbreaking listening to her sisters.

My gut tells me the co-worker is involved. And possibly his wife as well. I think he was using her for the money. JMO

Where is Patti?

walkingdeadgirl
02-26-2014, 04:11 PM
:blushing:
Ironically, I think that's (BBM above) will what the defense will claim if ever this goes to trial... that a mosquito bit Patty and got crushed under the tonneau cover and left the blood... Now, the trick there is for the forensics to show that blood contained no mosquito anti-coagulant, if such can still be tested for..
Also, easy for cat hair to be statically attracted to tonneau cover - I have allot of experience with cat fur floating around and landing on things...

That would require the BF to actually admit knowing her more than just "in passing", as he has claimed to date, and explain why she was in his truck and why he lied. So then we have her in his truck in that short window of time, matching the story she told people prior to her disappearance. We have proof he is a liar, and most likely the last person to see her.

I agree with everyone who has said they should just test the blood finally, and charge him. Circumstancial cases have been won with less.

walkingdeadgirl
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM

If she was pressuring him to pay her back, he could have been afraid he would go to his wife and confess the affair. I'm sure he told her lots of "my wife is so terrible" stories that, if repeated to his wife, would clue her in to the truth. He may have felt like he had to get rid of her to avoid paying her back and avoid the affair coming to light. If they were fighting like someone else mentioned, maybe she even threatened, in a moment of anger, to come clean to his wife.

OldSteve
02-27-2014, 11:23 AM
This is a strange case. Glad to see from what's mentioned ^^ the ID show is replaying.

Don't think there is enough evidence to try anyone, and sadly after all these years, don't think it will ever go to trial.

The drop of blood - even if tested and her's; it doesn't tell when it got there or how it got there.

Cat hair get's everywhere, no nothing in that.

As for motive, considering his wife did not leave him after she found out, it lessens saying he had to silence PA so wife wouldn't find out.

Now, I'm not defending him, don't get me wrong on that.
procesuite

LexR
04-11-2014, 04:26 AM
Hi! I'm new to posting although have been reading WS for a while now I finally felt compelled to sign up to make a few comments on this Patti Adkins thread. Please bare with me and let me know if I have said anything that is not allowed :)

In response to T9D, I am assuming your scenarios are hypothetical but I just wanted to add some extra info that doesn't seem to of been mentioned here so far that can really squash this miniscule possibility that BF and Patti were not involved or that Patti was some kind of obsessed woman.

So firstly, it has been confirmed that although they cannot or have not been able to track BF's cell phone during the time when they suspect Patti has left her workplace but they HAVE found that Patti and BF did have significant communication with one another over the phone.

Secondly BF didn't put the cover on his truck until the morning of the supposed getaway date. Patti however told her sister and best friend about her plan to hide under the cover days earlier..how could she of known he would have the cover when he didn't have one to begin with and went out to order and buy one! Also, this should be noted that he rarely drove his truck to work and usually drove a different car (sedan) so again how would Patti randomly know he would be driving the truck and that it would have the cover on the back?

Some other facts that to me scream GUILTY is Patti clocking out of work earlier than other co-workers that night as she was always the last to leave and clean up, (maybe because she had to make it in time to get in the back of the truck..) then there are the items that Patti told friends and family she had purchased for BF, which wasn't limited to the Hard Rock Cafe shirt, in fact she had given him quite a few gifts one in particular as a mobile phone cover that was known to of been purchased by Patti that BF was in possession of, next is the huge fact that he LIED to police saying on his way home from work that night the time he couldn't account for before he arrived home at 2.30am was because he was waiting at a Burger King drive-through for 45 minutes! Police checked and they said there was no way that it was possible he was waiting for that long, not to mention at that time in the morning it would definitely not of been that busy! Then there's BF failing the lie detector and showing deception..ok I know these aren't admissible in court for a reason but this case just angers and saddens me so much because it really is as clear as day what has happened here!

OldSteve
04-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi! I'm new to posting although have been reading WS for a while now I finally felt compelled to sign up to make a few comments on this Patti Adkins thread. Please bare with me and let me know if I have said anything that is not allowed :)

In response to T9D, I am assuming your scenarios are hypothetical but I just wanted to add some extra info that doesn't seem to of been mentioned here so far that can really squash this miniscule possibility that BF and Patti were not involved or that Patti was some kind of obsessed woman.

So firstly, it has been confirmed that although they cannot or have not been able to track BF's cell phone during the time when they suspect Patti has left her workplace but they HAVE found that Patti and BF did have significant communication with one another over the phone.

Secondly BF didn't put the cover on his truck until the morning of the supposed getaway date. Patti however told her sister and best friend about her plan to hide under the cover days earlier..how could she of known he would have the cover when he didn't have one to begin with and went out to order and buy one! Also, this should be noted that he rarely drove his truck to work and usually drove a different car (sedan) so again how would Patti randomly know he would be driving the truck and that it would have the cover on the back?

Some other facts that to me scream GUILTY is Patti clocking out of work earlier than other co-workers that night as she was always the last to leave and clean up, (maybe because she had to make it in time to get in the back of the truck..) then there are the items that Patti told friends and family she had purchased for BF, which wasn't limited to the Hard Rock Cafe shirt, in fact she had given him quite a few gifts one in particular as a mobile phone cover that was known to of been purchased by Patti that BF was in possession of, next is the huge fact that he LIED to police saying on his way home from work that night the time he couldn't account for before he arrived home at 2.30am was because he was waiting at a Burger King drive-through for 45 minutes! Police checked and they said there was no way that it was possible he was waiting for that long, not to mention at that time in the morning it would definitely not of been that busy! Then there's BF failing the lie detector and showing deception..ok I know these aren't admissible in court for a reason but this case just angers and saddens me so much because it really is as clear as day what has happened here!

:welcome: LexR to WS :welcome6: Always nice when a cold case brings someone new to both WS and the thread as well!

Good points!

LexR
04-12-2014, 02:25 AM
:welcome: LexR to WS :welcome6: Always nice when a cold case brings someone new to both WS and the thread as well!

Good points!

Thank you OldSteve :)

OldSteve
04-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Thank you OldSteve :)
You are most welcome! Curious if you think this case will ever be solved?
It continues to get attention thanks to reruns of the ID show about her.

Cincinnati Kid
04-12-2014, 02:02 PM
I recall learning of this case by watching its story on one of the TV shows. There are a couple of aspects that make me believe Patricia truly cared for the BF. That seems quite evident by her making arrangements to have her daughter cared for during what might be considered a long period of time especially for a loving mother. Also that she would loan the BF such a large amount of money. If she did do that (and the detective's work on this seems to show it took place) then what did the BF do with it? Is there any creditable evidence or information as to what he may have spent it on: trips, luxury items, drugs, quickly paying off large debts, etc.? The old adage of "follow the money" might help put some further heat on this man even these many years later.

LexR
04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
You are most welcome! Curious if you think this case will ever be solved?
It continues to get attention thanks to reruns of the ID show about her.

I really hope so! Although I feel that the only way the police will and can move forward on the case is if her body is found one day. Even if her body is found there still may be a major lack of evidence due to elements, decomposition or other factors that may not shed any light on how/when/by who's hand she died. The only other scenario would be if the person responsible for her disappearance confesses (which I think would be highly unlikely!) or if he has told someone else, ie. the wife and if they ever divorce and it gets nasty then maybe she will go to the police. Sadly though this may be wishful thinking and everyone involved may keep their mouths shut forever. What is your take on it all, do you think she will ever be found and the case will be solved one day?

OldSteve
04-16-2014, 11:15 AM
I really hope so! Although I feel that the only way the police will and can move forward on the case is if her body is found one day. Even if her body is found there still may be a major lack of evidence due to elements, decomposition or other factors that may not shed any light on how/when/by who's hand she died. The only other scenario would be if the person responsible for her disappearance confesses (which I think would be highly unlikely!) or if he has told someone else, ie. the wife and if they ever divorce and it gets nasty then maybe she will go to the police. Sadly though this may be wishful thinking and everyone involved may keep their mouths shut forever. What is your take on it all, do you think she will ever be found and the case will be solved one day?

So much time has gone by, doesn't look good for solving this case. Would need some direct kind of evidence.
Perhaps if she were found there might be something found used in the crime...

LexR
04-16-2014, 10:45 PM
So much time has gone by, doesn't look good for solving this case. Would need some direct kind of evidence.
Perhaps if she were found there might be something found used in the crime...

I agree..I really hope something is found one day but a lot of time has passed which makes things a lot harder!

debloree
04-17-2014, 12:06 AM
I keep waiting on any news about her. This is where I am from.

OldSteve
04-17-2014, 11:41 AM
There's always the possibility someone will come forward and say something.

RDGirl
04-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Hi all,

Patti's case aired again today on the show Disappeared. I have seen the episode before, but haven't ever checked out her WS page. In Googling, I found a Topix forum with the POI's name in the title. Lots of talk over there, and a lot of BF's friends standing up for him. It sounds like BF has concocted a story for his friends/family that Patti was stalking him, and that the 90K wasn't given to him, so she must have been saving it to run away because she was in debt.

Also, I was thinking. As all of the physical evidence that we're aware of (cat hair, trace blood) was found on the underside of the Tonneau cover, Patti was clearly in the bed of the truck. If you have seen these covers, it seems unlikely that someone could get themselves OUT of the back of a truck. I don't think you can open a truck's tailgate from inside. Can you? And it doesn't seem like you could poke your arm out of the cover to reach around to the tailgate handle to open it. Someone would have had to take her out. This would make the argument that she got in there as part of her "stalking" unlikely.

Also, the carbon monoxide argument is very interesting, but I don't think it is valid. If Patti was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, I would think that the effects would have started when the other passenger was in the truck (as they went to get food and she was probably in the bed of the truck a while). If this was the case, she would have become pretty ill, probably vomiting, and at that point it would be logical to assume she didn't care about blowing her cover with the married coworker. She probably would have started thrashing about and trying to draw attention so someone would get her out before she became more ill or passed out. Also, if she became ill in the bed of the truck it stands to reason that it would have been a smelly mess. BF probably would have cleaned the truck and the cover and any evidence (cat hair & blood) would have been washed away. Otherwise I would think there would be evidence of her being ill (physical or an odor) on the cover.

Just some thoughts. I hope they are able to bring Patti home and get her some justice. Thank you to everyone on WS who has kept this case alive for the past 13 years.

LexR
05-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Hi RDGirl,

Great post and points you made. I also read that forum you mentioned a few months back and there are a lot of BF's friends and followers standing up for him which really is dumbfounding to me. I keep thinking of his wife in the back of my mind and I have to come to my own conclusion that she HAS to of been in on it, whether or not that was in the planning or if she found out after the fact and helped cover it up. If not then she has to be the most trusting/naive/stupid person. I highly doubt she knew nothing of it though given she surely would of had to of known about the money. Who knows maybe it was something they planned together as a way to get money but once Patti started asking for it back they took action.

I am not certain on the makings of the tonneau cover although what you say does sound about right. I find it so hard to believe that she told her sister she was going to be hiding in the back of his truck and then that same day he drove his truck to work when he always drove a sedan to work..that is too much of a coincidence for her to purely just of been his stalker.

I agree with you wholly about the carbon monoxide poisoning, as even if she knew she had to be quiet if she ended up struggling to breathe and needed fresh oxygen then I honestly think most people would panic and submit themselves to having to draw someones attention!

I really hope when the technology is ready and the police are ready to re investigate this case that they test the blood found in the truck (there's not a doubt from me that it belongs to Patti) and even though this may be circumstantial it would no doubt speak VOLUMES. Patti's family and daughter deserve to know the truth and that the person responsible is held accountable.

OldSteve
05-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Thinking more about this case.... it would be interesting if LE had setup a reenactment test to find out if someone was inside the bed of this truck with the same make of tonneau cover snapped in place, if the snaps could be undone from the inside...