PDA

View Full Version : Media Exposure - #1

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dr. Doogie
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
We have had the first article printed detailing the recent stage of the investigation:

http://hmbreview.com/articles/2006/09/20/news/local_news/story02.txt

I have started this thread to provide a means of keeping track off all media exposure that the case generates - hopefully this is the first step in a long series of media ateention that can spread the word of our search.

Joe Ford
09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Excellent job Doug ! Your tenacity would humble even the fiercest pit bull.

Annasmom
09-21-2006, 10:38 AM
We have had the first article printed detailing the recent stage of the investigation:

http://hmbreview.com/articles/2006/09/20/news/local_news/story02.txt

I have started this thread to provide a means of keeping track off all media exposure that the case generates - hopefully this is the first step in a long series of media ateention that can spread the word of our search.
Doogie, did you notice that Marc corrected Anna's eye color in the story's lead? He went to the archives, got out the old story, and was eager to put things right. I think he put a great deal of effort and heart into this.

Dr. Doogie
09-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Doogie, did you notice that Marc corrected Anna's eye color in the story's lead? He went to the archives, got out the old story, and was eager to put things right. I think he put a great deal of effort and heart into this.
Marc called me two or three times "pre-publication" to read portions of the article to me to check his accuracy. One of the specific questions he asked was Anna's eye and hair color (blond when disappeared, but most likely brown today). He did a great job and wanted to get it right. He did!

Annasmom
09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
I just picked up a copy of the Half Moon Bay Review. Our story is on the front page (fortunately, below the fold, so that I don't have to see my face every time I pass a newsrack) and continues inside, where it has that last known photo of Anna and a copy of GW's note with the date Jan. 16 on it.

Annasmom
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
The silence here is deafening. I know a lot of people in this town, and yet I have had not a single note, e-mail or telephone call from anyone locally in response to the considerable coverage in the Review. (Doogie did get a couple of calls.) My home address was on all the fliers distributed on Purisima Creek Road which were mailed Monday morning. You would think someone would send a note saying "We fish in the creek all the time and have never found anything" or "we live here and didn't know about this story" or SOMETHING. As it is, they either don't know what to say or have made up their minds already, regardless of the facts, or they don't want to hear about it, or they think I'm obsessed. I could really use some advice from you guys about how to handle this.

Dr. Doogie
09-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't fret yet. I just received calls yesterday - mail responses would probably start tomorrow. My hope is that the responses we get are limited to people with information to offer, not people sending notes of sympathy or encouragment (while appreciated in the spirit that they are sent, I want to focus on moving forward). If we only receive a small number of messages from people with new evidence to offer, that is a success. It means that we have found out things that we did not know, and it means that perhaps we have uncovered everything that the locals have to offer.

As far as the question of whether people perceive that you are obsessed: I doubt that anyone could come to that conclusion, but if they do, screw 'em. Whether your enevitable reunion with Anna occurs in this earthly realm or the after-life, you can say to her in all honesty, "I never gave up looking for you." The peace in the knowledge that your daughter knows that fact will make the petty perceptions of a few seem trivial in comparison.

GraceBlue
09-22-2006, 05:12 PM
The silence here is deafening. I know a lot of people in this town, and yet I have had not a single note, e-mail or telephone call from anyone locally in response to the considerable coverage in the Review. (Doogie did get a couple of calls.) My home address was on all the fliers distributed on Purisima Creek Road which were mailed Monday morning. You would think someone would send a note saying "We fish in the creek all the time and have never found anything" or "we live here and didn't know about this story" or SOMETHING. As it is, they either don't know what to say or have made up their minds already, regardless of the facts, or they don't want to hear about it, or they think I'm obsessed. I could really use some advice from you guys about how to handle this.

Hugs to you Annasmom. Indeed its weird no one has responded. I wish I had an answer for why people havent responded. But couple thoughts, the article is fairly new, its been only 2 days since it was published, if someone wanted to send you a letter in the mail it would take a little longer right? Maybe they need time, like a weekend, to write a letter? Or maybe they dont want to upset you any further because they dont think they have anything to report. I highly doubt they think you are obessed with it, they probably just dont know how to approach you on this. Maybe if there is still no responses, you can re-distribute the flyers every 6 months? Or every anniversary that Anna disappeared? That way the word keeps spreading and the community gets reminded once again that Anna still has not been found.

kshamgochian
09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been some time since I've been on the site and apologize for not staying current.

Obsessed no, determined DEFINITELY!!!!! Anna and shared the same birthday and as it approaches, I think the article was timely and most definitely reminded the community that Anna is still out there.

K

Dr. Doogie
09-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been some time since I've been on the site and apologize for not staying current.

Obsessed no, determined DEFINITELY!!!!! Anna and shared the same birthday and as it approaches, I think the article was timely and most definitely reminded the community that Anna is still out there.

KGreat so see you online, K. K is one of the girls born in SF on the same day as Anna that we looked at when we were researching the adoptee from Lodi that we thought might be Anna. It wasn't until K and I had exchanged a couple of emails that we realized that she also was Anna's best friend in kindergarten - an amazing coincidence!

Did your mother (who was a kindergarten teacher at the school) and Anna's teacher ever get registered here at WS?

kshamgochian
09-22-2006, 05:36 PM
My mom is completely computer/technology challenged so I don't know if she ever was able to figure out the link that I sent her via email. I will try her again though, she had the Geek Squad out for a visit and might be feeling willing to give it another shot.

Joe Ford
09-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Anna'smom, do not be discouraged. Give it a little time. Unlike Sisyphus*, you have many shoulders here to help.

*Sisyphus (SIS-i-fus) King of Corinth, condemned in Tartarus to an eternity of rolling a boulder uphill then watching it roll back down again.

Annasmom
09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Annasmom, do not be discouraged. Give it a little time. Unlike Sisyphus*, you have many shoulders here to help.
*Sisyphus (SIS-i-fus) King of Corinth, condemned in Tartarus to an eternity of rolling a boulder uphill then watching it roll back down again.

Thank you, Joe. Doogie's wonderful words apply to you, too: " Whether your inevitable reunion with Anna occurs in this earthly realm or the after-life, you can say to her in all honesty, 'I never gave up looking for you.' The peace in the knowledge that your daughter knows that fact will make the petty perceptions of a few seem trivial in comparison."

HeartofTexas
09-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Annasmom, "obsessed" would be the last word I would ever in a million years think of parents searching for a child who has been missing for even a week, let alone 34+ years. Caring, compassionate, dogged, loving, focused, tenacious, etc. might come to mind... but never obsessed. Someone who could think of the word "obsessed" at a time like this has never known the loss of a child in the blink of an eye. You, your brother, Joe and Doogie probably have no idea how very highly you are thought of in this online community. My own life has been enriched by each of you.

MagicRose99
09-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you, Joe. Doogie's wonderful words apply to you, too: " Whether your inevitable reunion with Anna occurs in this earthly realm or the after-life, you can say to her in all honesty, 'I never gave up looking for you.' The peace in the knowledge that your daughter knows that fact will make the petty perceptions of a few seem trivial in comparison."
Joe IS Anna's true father... Joe has proven beyond a doubt that HE is Anna's father. He's has never given up looking for his daughter. Anna truly is lucky to have such a man in her life; whether she knows it or not.

Annasmom
09-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Sherlock has discovered that the Review story is being picked up by lots of other sites, even one in the Philippines.

GraceBlue
09-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Sherlock has discovered that the Review story is being picked up by lots of other sites, even one in the Philippines.

WONDERFUL news!!!!! :woohoo:

mfmangel1
09-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Annasmom-

The word "obsessed" would never enter my mind when thinking about you and your family.

Determined, yet gracious is what I think of. All of you are very highly thought of here at WS.

People will come forward. I don't know how you have been patient for as long as you have, but just hold on to your patience a bit longer.

I truly believe the renewed publicity will bring the results we are all hoping and praying for.

SherlockJr
09-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Annasmom-

The word "obsessed" would never enter my mind when thinking about you and your family.

Determined, yet gracious is what I think of. All of you are very highly thought of here at WS.

People will come forward. I don't know how you have been patient for as long as you have, but just hold on to your patience a bit longer.

I truly believe the renewed publicity will bring the results we are all hoping and praying for.
I agree with Mfm. I was taught as a very young girl that patience is a virtue.

Does anyone here at the forum have any ties to reporters in the Seattle area? It would be a good idea to get a story there because of the phone number left in GW's wallet.

kyresearcher
09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
If someone could reach a reporter in Seattle wouldn't it be a good idea to have them mention the phone # that was found in GW wallet? Might be the break we need.......

Gina_M
10-21-2006, 09:26 AM
I have a question. Was Anna ever featured on a TV show such as Unsolved Mysteries?

Annasmom
10-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I have a question. Was Anna ever featured on a TV show such as Unsolved Mysteries? Not as far as I know. The NCMEC has at various times asked for film and pictures, but nobody has contacted me about these being used, apart from the flyers the Center used to send out on a regular basis.

SherlockJr
10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
This is the time of year to fill out pledge cards for payroll deduction for Non Profit Charities. This year my deductions are being forwarded to National Center Missing & Exploited Children.

Annasmom
10-23-2006, 12:22 PM
This is the time of year to fill out pledge cards for payroll deduction for Non Profit Charities. This year my deductions are being forwarded to National Center Missing & Exploited Children.
Great idea, Sherlock, and a generous one.
I woke up this morning thinking "What can I DO?" (A thought shared by some of you, I'm sure). Suddenly I thought of sending a first-person story to the San Francisco Chronicle, which has a very large circulation, a sort of follow-up to the old Chronicle/Examiner story I did (reprinted in the Anna mss), summarizing some of the recent work all of you have done on Anna's case. I've already started to work on it. Any suggestions will be welcome. I particularly want you to remind me of other "finds" which have happened in the process of looking for Anna, such as the girls reunited with their birth families.

Dr. Doogie
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
...Suddenly I thought of sending a first-person story to the San Francisco Chronicle, which has a very large circulation, a sort of follow-up to the old Chronicle/Examiner story I did (reprinted in the Anna mss), summarizing some of the recent work all of you have done on Anna's case. I've already started to work on it...
Great idea. It would be interesting to get some media exposure in the San Mateo/Redwood City area (which the SF Chronicle covers) and see if anything pops up that corresponds with the info that our tipster provided.

Annasmom
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Great idea. It would be interesting to get some media exposure in the San Mateo/Redwood City area (which the SF Chronicle covers) and see if anything pops up that corresponds with the info that our tipster provided. We're living in the days of instant rejection. Back before computers, I used to collect politely printed rejection slips from magazines as a kind of masochistic something or other. Anyway, the Chronicle Magazine editor just e-mailed me in response to my query. She looked up that old story (which she found "heartbreaking and very well done") but doesn't think doing another one is a good idea, barring some concrete evidence. I gave her Annasbro's story, GW's note, and our tipster's information, but...that wasn't concrete enough.

Dr. Doogie
10-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Knowing the way the Chronicle's editors work, you should have told them that I was transgendered and we would have ended up front page / above the fold. :liar:

Annasmom
10-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Knowing the way the Chronicle's editors work, you should have told them that I was transgendered and we would have ended up front page / above the fold. :liar: Wasn't there someone posting some time ago who thought George Brody might be a woman?

SherlockJr
10-24-2006, 12:04 AM
We're living in the days of instant rejection. Back before computers, I used to collect politely printed rejection slips from magazines as a kind of masochistic something or other. Anyway, the Chronicle Magazine editor just e-mailed me in response to my query. She looked up that old story (which she found "heartbreaking and very well done") but doesn't think doing another one is a good idea, barring some concrete evidence. I gave her Annasbro's story, GW's note, and our tipster's information, but...that wasn't concrete enough.
Send them another e-mail and inquire what the fee is for putting the story on the front page.

Gina_M
10-24-2006, 03:42 AM
We're living in the days of instant rejection. Back before computers, I used to collect politely printed rejection slips from magazines as a kind of masochistic something or other. Anyway, the Chronicle Magazine editor just e-mailed me in response to my query. She looked up that old story (which she found "heartbreaking and very well done") but doesn't think doing another one is a good idea, barring some concrete evidence. I gave her Annasbro's story, GW's note, and our tipster's information, but...that wasn't concrete enough.
That's too bad, Annasmom. Everything is so "competitive" nowadays.
They're probably looking for whatever they think will sell the most copies of their magazine :(

If you are still interested in info on children who have been reunited with their families, I have 2 that I have info on:

Genevieve Rachel Nielsen disappeared on Mother's Day weekend 1976 from Michigan at the age of 18 months. She was found living in Arizona (raised by her father under a different identity) around Mother's Day of 2006.

Anthony Tillotson disappeared in August 1964 at the age of 3. In 2006, his mom tracked him down...on the internet! He had been raised by his father in another state. Eventually his father told him his real name (when he found his own social security card) but still withheld the rest of the truth from him.

I am actually putting together a forum right now which has more info
on these types of cases:

http://lookingforme.20.forumer.com/index.php

It has been mentioned before that there don't seem to be many resources specifically for adults who believe they were abducted as a child and raised by someone else...so I thought I would put this forum together for that purpose. I also put up info on Anna and other children who disappeared under similar circumstances, as well as the "Reunions" that I posted above.

gardenmom
10-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Gina, that is a great idea. Good luck.

Annasmom
10-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I am actually putting together a forum right now which has more info
on these types of cases:

http://lookingforme.20.forumer.com/index.php

It has been mentioned before that there don't seem to be many resources specifically for adults who believe they were abducted as a child and raised by someone else...so I thought I would put this forum together for that purpose. I also put up info on Anna and other children who disappeared under similar circumstances, as well as the "Reunions" that I posted above. Gina, what a great idea. Inspiring.

Gina_M
10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I have created a MySpace account on Anna's behalf. There are several profiles on MySpace dedicated to a missing person, or to missing persons in general. Anna's profile is now "Friends" with many of these other MySpace users. We've even made it into a few people's "Top Friends" :D

You can view her profile at:
http://www.myspace.com/122132098

Annasmom
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I have created a MySpace account on Anna's behalf. There are several profiles on MySpace dedicated to a missing person, or to missing persons in general. Anna's profile is now "Friends" with many of these other MySpace users. We've even made it into a few people's "Top Friends" :D

You can view her profile at:
http://www.myspace.com/122132098
Gina, SherlockJr. has Anna's picture up on her MySpace page, too. I think this is a wonderful way to reach thousands of people who may not read the paper, but always check out MySpace. Thank you so much.

itsreenw
10-26-2006, 11:34 PM
It has been mentioned before that there don't seem to be many resources specifically for adults who believe they were abducted as a child and raised by someone else....This is also a good one...I thought I posted it before but maybe I didn't.
Annasfamily (including Doogie) can contact this site with info and pics in case Anna is suspect of the 'family' she is with now. It is called
Were you abducted as a baby

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/were_you_abducted_as_a_baby.htm

SherlockJr
10-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Gina, SherlockJr. has Anna's picture up on her MySpace page, too. I think this is a wonderful way to reach thousands of people who may not read the paper, but always check out MySpace. Thank you so much.
I have invited every 38-39 year old "Anna" from California to myspace. So far, every reply is "Sorry, this is not me".

http://www.myspace.com/72639185

smile22
10-28-2006, 01:20 PM
i saw the myspace and i cried it was so well done im going to add her to my own myspace and put her in the top 8 the more people on websleuths who have myspace and add anna the more chances we have of getting hits a tip what about in the about me section you put up some info on ann for those people who dont see the blog or dont hit it first that way they know more about who anna is

Gina_M
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I have invited every 38-39 year old "Anna" from California to myspace. So far, every reply is "Sorry, this is not me".

http://www.myspace.com/72639185
Oh wow, Sherlock, I didn't know you had an Anna profile too! I just requested to add you. Those are some great pics of Anna you have on there. A couple of them I had not seen anywhere else.

I've befriended someone on MySpace who puts up blogs and bulletins about missing children. She has posted some about Anna :D She also suggested someone print up flyers with Anna's pics and info and distribute them...has this been done, or has it been considered?

Gina_M
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
i saw the myspace and i cried it was so well done im going to add her to my own myspace and put her in the top 8 the more people on websleuths who have myspace and add anna the more chances we have of getting hits a tip what about in the about me section you put up some info on ann for those people who dont see the blog or dont hit it first that way they know more about who anna is
Hi smile,

Not sure whether you were referring to my MySpace or to Sherlock's, but I think it's a wonderful idea for everyone on MySpace to add Anna to their friends. Sherlock has Anna links in the blog section, and I have a little blurb in the About Me section as well as a link in the general section. I was going to put more in the About Me section but I couldn't figure out how to separate into different paragraphs. (html code doesn't seem to work in there) I will be adding more to the blog in the future.

I am amazed at the outpouring of concern and heartfelt wishes for Anna since I started the profile. I posted some bulletins, and others are now re-posting them for me. In addition to just putting in friend requests, I am also receiving friend requests from people I don't even know, who have compassion for Anna and for those of us searching for her. Truly a great bunch of people over there :)

Gina_M
10-28-2006, 06:26 PM
This is also a good one...I thought I posted it before but maybe I didn't.
Annasfamily (including Doogie) can contact this site with info and pics in case Anna is suspect of the 'family' she is with now. It is called
Were you abducted as a baby

http://hot-on-the-trail-at.blog-city.com/were_you_abducted_as_a_baby.htm
Yes, I remember that page! Unfortunately at this time, I think they are still limiting it to children under 4 years old, or something along those lines. I thought I'd start a separate forum, which was a little more flexible, and where anyone could post :)

Annasmom
10-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh wow, Sherlock, I didn't know you had an Anna profile too! I just requested to add you. Those are some great pics of Anna you have on there. A couple of them I had not seen anywhere else.

I've befriended someone on MySpace who puts up blogs and bulletins about missing children. She has posted some about Anna :D She also suggested someone print up flyers with Anna's pics and info and distribute them...has this been done, or has it been considered?
Hi, Gina. I think the MySpace information will really reach a lot of people. Regarding the flyers, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children circulates Anna's picture (not as often as it used to, but I did get a notice a few days ago), as does the Vanished Children's Alliance. Also, Doogie and I made up our own flyer and mailed it to everyone now living on Purisima Creek Road. You know, it is so touching, the way people have responded to Anna's story.
I am so grateful.

Shadow205
10-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Gina & Sherlockjr, you both did an excellent job on setting up the myspace for Anna. I sent requests to you both to be added as friends. I'm not very good at setting up the myspace thing but if I can fiqure it out I will add some things about Anna to mine too.

itsreenw
10-29-2006, 12:26 AM
I just started a discussion in the HMB Review. This is the link and what I posted:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/half-moon-bay-ca/TMCEAE05J0M3Q0LNQ

Cold Case Kidnapping- ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS-WHAT DO U REMEMBER?

THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN THE HMB REVIEW ABOUT ANNA CHRISTIAN WATERS WHO WAS ABDUCTED FROM HER HOME NEAR PURISMO CREEK IN 1973. SHE WAS 5 YRS OLD. HER FAMILY HAS NEVER GIVEN UP THEIR SEARCH.
WERE YOU A RESIDENT OF HMB IN THE 70'S? DID YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE SEARCH? HEAR ANY RUMORS ABOUT HER DISAPPEARANCE? PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW OR HEARD ABOUT THE CASE. ALL INPUT WILL BE APPRECIATED. IF YOU HAVE INFO AND WISH TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS PLS SEND AN EMAIL TO drdoogief@earthlink.net (drdoogief@earthlink.net)
YOU WILL BE ASSURED ANONYMITY.Not much but just maybe we will get a comment or two on there. I'll check frequently and hopefully you all will too.

itsreenw
10-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Sorry. the discussion is in Topix.net- Half Moon Bay Forums

Gina_M
10-29-2006, 01:39 AM
A-ha, Shadow, I just put two and two together and figured out which of my new MySpace friends you are ;) Thanks for adding me :D

itscreenw, that's a great idea about the Topix.net discussion. I hope someone responds. Even if they don't have any info, I think it's good to get people interested in Anna's case :)

Shadow205
10-29-2006, 09:08 AM
For AnnasMom:

To Anna http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=112012735

This is a very special song for me. That is my beautiful Niece singing it. I was listening to it this morning while thinking of Anna. To me it seemed perfect for Anna's Mom. I can hear her singing it to Anna. I hope that you enjoy it AnnasMom.

smile22
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
gina found your myspace page and added you to my friends list my space id is www.myspace.com/aliespage

Annasmom
10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
For AnnasMom:

To Anna http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=112012735

This is a very special song for me. That is my beautiful Niece singing it. I was listening to it this morning while thinking of Anna. To me it seemed perfect for Anna's Mom. I can hear her singing it to Anna. I hope that you enjoy it AnnasMom. Shadow, I'm really going to have to get a newer computer. I saw the picture of your beautiful niece, but the music didn't play. What was the name of the song? (I'll try again to see if my machine will play it for me.) Thank you!

SherlockJr
10-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Gina & Sherlockjr, you both did an excellent job on setting up the myspace for Anna. I sent requests to you both to be added as friends. I'm not very good at setting up the myspace thing but if I can fiqure it out I will add some things about Anna to mine too.
Thank you Shadow. Myspace was new to me also. I had my 14 year old show me all the ins and outs and helped me with the webpage. I just got home and approved your requests.

Gina_M
10-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Shadow, I'm really going to have to get a newer computer. I saw the picture of your beautiful niece, but the music didn't play. What was the name of the song? (I'll try again to see if my machine will play it for me.) Thank you!
I love that song...it's called "My Valentine". I remember Martina McBride's version of that on the radio around 1998. Very beautiful! Too bad it didn't play for you Annasmom. It may be your computer, or it may be the MySpace music player, because there have been a lot of problems with the songs loading and playing for people. I think MySpace still has a lot of "bugs" in their system that need to be worked out :rolleyes:

itsreenw
10-31-2006, 02:26 AM
I just emailed a place called "Artists Helping Children".
http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/ahc/index.php?c=643&s=21

It is a charitable foundation that offers services to help terminally ill and children in crisis situations.
The volunteer artists paint murals, sketches, etc... so I explained what we do on WS and that we are looking for a sketch artist in N. CA that would volunteer or for a minimal fee, draw a composite of the man and child the tipster saw at her house. I will post as soon as I get a reply.

Doogie, I gave your email address as a person to contact. I hope you don't mind. (I know you don't). I also cc'd the email to you.

Dr. Doogie
10-31-2006, 11:35 AM
I just emailed a place called "Artists Helping Children".
http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/ahc/index.php?c=643&s=21...Doogie, I gave your email address as a person to contact. I hope you don't mind. (I know you don't). I also cc'd the email to you.
I don't mind at all. I think that this is a great idea.

SherlockJr
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I have sent an e-mail to a Program Director/Associate Producer to "Missing Pieces". They replied back and will be calling me this week-end to get more information about Anna's case. Of coarse she will be directed to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom. Here is their website:

http://www.missingpieces.info/

Gina_M
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I have sent an e-mail to a Program Director/Associate Producer to "Missing Pieces". They replied back and will be calling me this week-end to get more information about Anna's case. Of coarse she will be directed to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom. Here is their website:

http://www.missingpieces.info/ (http://www.missingpieces.info/)
Cool, Sherlock! Sounds like a great program :)

itsreenw
11-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Just an update: There haven't been any comments added to the Discussion I started on Topix.net.

I checked out the link SherlockJr listed above and through that link, I found a site that does "Vanished" commercials that feature missing children. I don't know if that is a nationwide program or just in CA. I forwarded the link to Dr. Doogie and Annasmom for review.

ETA:
2 of the sketch artists I contacted to do a composite of the man/girl the tipster recalled have replied to my emails. I put them in contact with Dr. Doogie and I'm sure he will give us updates when available. Dr. Doogie. It's Tuesday night (hooray). Breathe deep and exhale;)

SherlockJr
11-11-2006, 07:43 PM

http://www.missingpieces.info/ (http://www.missingpieces.info/)

I received the phone call we have been waiting for.

WE'RE IN!!!

The woman who called me is trying her best to be able to air the show in January on or near the 16th! This will be the 34th anniversary of Anna's missing. They dedicate the complete hour to only one case.

Gina_M
11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I received the phone call we have been waiting for.

WE'RE IN!!!

The woman who called me is trying her best to be able to air the show in January on or near the 16th! This will be the 34th anniversary of Anna's missing. They dedicate the complete hour to only one case.
Woo Hooo!!!!!! :D

:woohoo:

Way to go, Sherlock! :clap: :dance:

SherlockJr
11-11-2006, 08:41 PM
We are confirmed for January 16, 2007 airing on WCAN Radio. This broadcast is international and can also be viewed in the text format in their archives.

This is the link to listen live.
http://www.wcanradio.com/

This is the link for archives and schedules for upcoming shows.

smile22
11-12-2006, 01:14 PM
so many good things are happening first the manuscript. then the article in the paper information from a tipster, the myspace page, the dna samples that soon hopefully will be collected, the women who contacted someone about a friend she had in tulsa., and the other women who said her friend looks like the age composit pictures. and now this radio cast. we are making very very huge progress in the search for anna and hopefully things will keep on getting better

Dr. Doogie
11-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Each time we have gotten the word out about Anna (the article in the HMB Review, MySpace), we have generated new leads. This is great news.

mjak
11-15-2006, 07:44 PM
What is the criteria for getting Ann'a story on a show like 48 hours mystery or Dateline?
I think Anna's story has all the charectoristics these shows could possibly want for a show. The setting is beautiful and dynamic, The father has mental illness, the mother is well spoken, colorful and a writer to boot, Anna is beautiful. The mystery is unsolved and there are lots of twists and turns with the two George's surly this would make a good segment for one of these shows. This type of publicity would be so fabulous. The Father is a doctor, these shows seem to like to show segments of doctors accused of all kinds of murder and mahem. I guess they like the dichotomy of the healer and the destoryer. So Anna's story in my opinion has it all for one of these shows to want to do a segment on her. Of couse I believe they should want to do it just out of the kindness of there own hearts :). How can we find out there criteria so we can submitt her story so that they are wowed by it and want to air it?? Please do not tell me that we have to say that Anna had two heads or was last seen entering a UFO in order to get her story shown.

mjak

Dr. Doogie
11-15-2006, 07:54 PM
...Please do not tell me that we have to say that Anna had two heads or was last seen entering a UFO in order to get her story shown...
No, we'll try and leave the UFO stuff to the Johnny Gosch/Franklin Coverup crowd. :crazy:

Rhett
11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
I can't remember if this has been mentioned before or not but: I was reading over on the America's Most Wanted site and I noticed something I had not noticed before. They have a section called "My Story" where people essentially write letters about their cases and it can be viewed by anyone. A lot of unsolved murders on there but also some missing people. I think this would be a good place to write a letter about missing Anna. You can also include pictures of her, her mom, etc. Dr. Doogie or Annasmom if you haven't seen this already will you guys check it out? Just a thought.

Gina_M
11-17-2006, 12:56 AM
I can't remember if this has been mentioned before or not but: I was reading over on the America's Most Wanted site and I noticed something I had not noticed before. They have a section called "My Story" where people essentially write letters about their cases and it can be viewed by anyone. A lot of unsolved murders on there but also some missing people. I think this would be a good place to write a letter about missing Anna. You can also include pictures of her, her mom, etc. Dr. Doogie or Annasmom if you haven't seen this already will you guys check it out? Just a thought.
That sounds like a good idea!

Here's the link:

http://www.amw.com/mystory/

SherlockJr
11-19-2006, 03:13 PM
We are confirmed for January 16, 2007 airing on WCAN Radio. This broadcast is international and can also be viewed in the text format in their archives.

I have notified Missing Pieces that Dr Doogie will be doing the interview for the radio program on Jan 16. They have updated their "upcoming shows" and corrected the timeframe when Anna was seen in 1976.

Gina_M
11-19-2006, 07:36 PM
I have notified Missing Pieces that Dr Doogie will be doing the interview for the radio program on Jan 16. They have updated their "upcoming shows" and corrected the timeframe when Anna was seen in 1976.
I just checked out their schedule...it's great to see Anna listed on there! Thanks for giving them the link to my google page...it reminded me to add the MySpace pages to the Links section.

SherlockJr
11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I am home from work early tonite and taking advantage of listening to Missing Pieces radio show.

SherlockJr
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Doug, have you had any contact from Missing Pieces?

Dr. Doogie
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Doug, have you had any contact from Missing Pieces?
No, not yet. Maybe I should contact them...

Annasmom
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM

This is just to remind everyone that Doogie will be participating in an hour-long interview about the search for Anna on Jan. 16. However, the link for information is no longer working for me. (The broadcast site DOES work.) Does anyone else have this problem?

Gina_M
12-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Annasmom, the link is working fine for me. I am going to start spreading the word on MySpace about the upcoming Missing Pieces show...hopefully a lot of people will tune in!

kyresearcher
01-02-2007, 11:40 PM
You guys are really getting the word out about Anna and I have an idea that we could include a poster in all of our out going mail, such as bills, magazine subscriptions, any correspondences sent to insurance companys, etc. If we do this we need to include a note and ask them to post it for awhile so all of the staff can view it......Don't you think this might be another way to get the word out and who knows it might generate a lead? I am going to start this with my January bills.

Dr. Doogie
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I received an email from the producer of the "Missing Pieces" radio show today and everything is a "go" for the 16th. I hope that as many of you as possible will be listening. This will be a golden opportunity to spread the word about the search for Anna.

Gina_M
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I created a MySpace "Event" for the radio show and invited all my friends to it. I've also been adding a lot more friends this week. Please, everyone on MySpace, remember to repost the event as a bulletin and/or blog so others can see it!

I listened to yesterday's show with Billy Smolinski's mom. It was a good show. I'm sure Anna's will be great too. Can't wait to hear it! :D

SherlockJr
01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I received an email from the producer of the "Missing Pieces" radio show today and everything is a "go" for the 16th. I hope that as many of you as possible will be listening. This will be a golden opportunity to spread the word about the search for Anna.
Doogie, you may want to familiarize yourself with the story about Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck. This news may be brought up on the radio interview on Tuesday. Two boys who had been missing were found in Missouri. Shawn has been missing since 2002. Another Stockholm Syndrome case? The abductor was 41 year old Michael J Devlin. Public records show Michael's father at one
time living in Calistoga, CA.

Gina_M
01-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Yes, how wonderful that Shawn and Ben have been found. And it certainly helps to renew the hope that other children will be found. Also, we have another age progression to examine (to see how closely people resemble their age progression photos)

Shawn Hornbeck at age 11
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ginad42/ShawnHornbeckage11.jpg

Shawn's age progression
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ginad42/ShawnHornbeckageprogression.jpg

Shawn Hornbeck at age 15
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ginad42/ShawnHornbeckage15.jpg

I don't think this one is very accurate.

Gina_M
01-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Wikipedia has a Category entitled "Kidnapped Children" with a list of kidnapped children and links to wikipedia articles about them. Does someone want to add Anna on there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Kidnapped_children

Annasmom
01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Wikipedia has a Category entitled "Kidnapped Children" with a list of kidnapped children and links to wikipedia articles about them. Does someone want to add Anna on there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Kidnapped_children
Good idea, Gina.

Dr. Doogie
01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
I spoke with Todd Mathews (the host of the Missing Pieces radio show) this weekend and we are all set for tomorrow's show. He is a very nice man and was involved in the "Tent Girl" investigation. The show does have a listener call-in line, so feel free to call in with any questions when the opportunity is presented.

This will be the first time that most of you will have actually heard my voice and probably wonder what I look like (so you place a face with the voice). Think Brad Pitt as a body-builder, only better looking...:liar:

SherlockJr
01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Doogie.
This will be the first time that most of you will have actually heard my voice and probably wonder what I look like (so you place a face with the voice). Think Brad Pitt as a body-builder, only better looking...:liar:[/QUOTE]

:laugh:LMAO, Doogie I think you have a great voice. But as far as Brad Pitt body builder, maybe if you were crossed with Kojak (I'm referring to your investigative abilities):blowkiss:

Shadow205
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
LMAO, I have to agree Doogie, I think you look more like Kojak than Brad Pit.

Dr. Doogie
01-15-2007, 06:22 PM
LMAO, I have to agree Doogie, I think you look more like Kojak than Brad Pit.
When I went bald shortly after high school, a friend of mine said that I was suffering from "premature kojakulation". :D

Shadow205
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
:laugh: :laugh:
When I went bald shortly after high school, a friend of mine said that I was suffering from "premature kojakulation". :D

smile22
01-16-2007, 07:31 AM
unforntunatly i cannot hear the radiocast my new computer needs a sound card for the speakers to work.

Annasmom
01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
unforntunatly i cannot hear the radiocast my new computer needs a sound card for the speakers to work.Smile, they will post the interview in text form and you will be able to read it. This is one of the great advantages to this kind of broadcast, since the text form (I think I'm remembering correctly from what Sherlock told me) can go abroad to other countries.

SherlockJr
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I spoke with Todd Mathews (the host of the Missing Pieces radio show) this weekend and we are all set for tomorrow's show. He is a very nice man and was involved in the "Tent Girl" investigation. The show does have a listener call-in line, so feel free to call in with any questions when the opportunity is presented.
I think we have done everything that we can do to get the word out about tonite's show, except for wrapping Dr. Doogie in bubble wrap! We have had and still continue to post bulletins at MySpace. Sending messages to profiles with over 1,000 friends to post bulletins as well. I've sent out e-mails asking folks to forward to everyone they know. Myself and Todd have posted on Yahoo Cold Case forum. Todd writes "By the way---WCAN tell's me that this is becoming a very popular show indeed...."

I encourage everyone to leave feedback at missing pieces info website to thank them for their interest in Anna's story. Lets keep the listener call-in line busy!

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Smile, they will post the interview in text form and you will be able to read it. This is one of the great advantages to this kind of broadcast, since the text form (I think I'm remembering correctly from what Sherlock told me) can go abroad to other countries.
When I spoke to Todd, he mentioned that he moniters trends in who is listening online and said that the show is listened to worldwide via the internet. In addition to the online broadcast, the show is broadcast over the airwaves from Cleveland, OH and, most importantly, will be heard in the area tha "C" lives, which means that (if "C" is Anna), people who may have information about the case will hear it and have the opportunity to call in. This could be a very interesting evening.

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I think we have done everything that we can do to get the word out about tonite's show, except for wrapping Dr. Doogie in bubble wrap! We have had and still continue to post bulletins at MySpace. Sending messages to profiles with over 1,000 friends to post bulletins as well. I've sent out e-mails asking folks to forward to everyone they know. Myself and Todd have posted on Yahoo Cold Case forum. Todd writes "By the way---WCAN tell's me that this is becoming a very popular show indeed...."

I encourage everyone to leave feedback at missing pieces info website to thank them for their interest in Anna's story. Lets keep the listener call-in line busy!

I want to thank all of you for the work that you have put in spreading the word about the interview. I told Todd to expect a large "spike" in listenership for this edition. I hope to speak to some of you tonight during the show.

And I usually do not wear bubblewrap before Memorial Day - it is so unfashionable to wear it out of season.

SherlockJr
01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
When I spoke to Todd, he mentioned that he moniters trends in who is listening online and said that the show is listened to worldwide via the internet. In addition to the online broadcast, the show is broadcast over the airwaves from Cleveland, OH and, most importantly, will be heard in the area tha "C" lives, which means that (if "C" is Anna), people who may have information about the case will hear it and have the opportunity to call in. This could be a very interesting evening.
Can someone find out the AM or FM dial for those without internet? Robin has invited "C" over to her house to listen to the show tonite.

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Can someone find out the AM or FM dial for those without internet? Robin has invited "C" over to her house to listen to the show tonite.
I sent an email to the station for their airwave frequency. Hopefully, I will get an answer before air time.

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I sent an email to the station for their airwave frequency. Hopefully, I will get an answer before air time.
I received an answer (sort of) that people can listen online, so I must have misunderstood that the show is also broadcast on the airwaves. It appears that is the only venue available. Sorry.

MagicRose99
01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Well... it's 4:58 (PST) here... I think I'm logged in and listening to the right place... it's showing me Todd's face anyway...

Good Luck Doogie! I'll be listening!

Gina_M
01-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey...what happened to the show? Are so many people listening that we overloaded the system? :confused:

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey...what happened to the show? Are so many people listening that we overloaded the system? :confused:
I think so. I am waiting for a call back to continue...:waitasec:

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
back on!

MagicRose99
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Whoo hoo Doogie! I almost busted my bladder cuz I couldn't leave to relieve myself! LOL!

Crossing fingers that this helps us all in our endeavors in finding Anna!

Now... I gotta go relieve myself! LOL!

Gina_M
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Woo Hoo! Doogie that rocked! :woohoo: :clap:

Luckily I got home from work in time to eat something first, because I was riveted to my computer the entire time. Glad they gave you an extra half hour because of the technical difficulties too :D

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Whoo hoo Doogie! I almost busted my bladder cuz I couldn't leave to relieve myself! LOL!

Crossing fingers that this helps us all in our endeavors in finding Anna!

Now... I gotta go relieve myself! LOL!
Me too!

SherlockJr
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
The show was great! Thanks to Eric Meadows & Todd Matthews for having featured Anna. Annasmom got to listen to the show from my telephone and was very impressed with the whole interview. She is a strong woman to be able to do this. Well people, what's next? Oprah? Cold Case Files? Let's get started!

Great job Dr. Doogie!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

I'm actually glad for the delay, because we ended up with more time on air for the story. As it was, we became rushed at the end, but I think the important details were covered.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Todd Matthews (the host), he was solved the "Tent Girl" cold case, so he is very familiar with the sort of journey that we are currently on. He is a great guy, as was Eric. The show was very professional (even with the technical glitch).

Thanks to everyone for listening! :clap:

Gina_M
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
I just sent a note to Missing Pieces through their website, thanking them for their wonderful program and their interest in Anna's case.

MagicRose99
01-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Here is Todd's My Space... if you click on the link for Missing Piece's on his blog, he highlight's Anna's show. You can leave comments!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=33738887

mjak
01-16-2007, 11:19 PM
You did great Doogie!! Btw, you have a great radio voice.
I have everything crossed that this brings in the info we have
been looking for.

mjak

Dr. Doogie
01-16-2007, 11:30 PM
You did great Doogie!! Btw, you have a great radio voice.
mjak
And I have a face made for radio too...

SherlockJr
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Joe, I hope you're still with us here. I had a picture in my mind of your local police dept knocking at your door! :behindbar

SherlockJr
01-17-2007, 12:59 AM
This looks like a great start to a new year! Another child found kidnapped 5 years ago from Florida...
http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/01/16/candiotti.florida.girl.cnn

mfmangel1
01-17-2007, 04:12 AM
The show was great tonight. Doogie, as usual, you handled everything so well. This is the year we will find Anna. I just feel it. So much has happened.

Good night all.

smile22
01-17-2007, 08:05 AM
ok i missed the show beacuse i dont have a sound card yet for the new computer and have asked my brother a zillion times to get it for me. is there going to be a written transcript online for those who didnt get to hear it? yeah i think oprah needs to be contacted to do a story on her

ok just checked out the website and they are going to have audio and text verson archive comming soon for those of us who missed it

mjak
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
And I have a face made for radio too...
lol, I don't believe this. I am sure you are handsome.

mjak

natasha-cupcake
01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

:clap:Doogie, you are hysterical! Thanks for the laugh.

Annasbro
01-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Great job Doug. It went great!

Dr. Doogie
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks, guys. I am sorry I jabbered so much that we didn't get a chance to take phone calls. I had so much that I wanted to cover and just scraped the surface on some of the topics. But, all-in-all, I am pleased with how it went.

Dr. Doogie
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
The unedited version of the audio is now available at the Missing Pieces Archive: http://www.missingpieces.info/ (including the 15 minute gap - sounds rather Nixonesque). If you missed this first time around, you can hear it at this website.

Gina_M
01-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Another idea I thought of for getting Anna's face and info out there is to include her in some of those homemade videos for missing children. I notice they are pretty prevalent on YouTube. Seems like it would be pretty easy to do with the right program. Anyone know a good program to use for these? See this one as an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZ3UZLD2T8

If pointed in the right direction I think I could do a bunch of these.

I did include her in a slideshow I made for one of my new MySpace pages recently:

http://www.myspace.com/148979586

It starts off with the recent recovery of the 2 boys in Missouri, then highlights other recoveries, and then "Still Missing" and "Still Unidentified".

Gina_M
01-18-2007, 07:47 AM
lol, I don't believe this. I am sure you are handsome.

mjak
See for yourself :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64500558

Jodibug
01-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I just listened to the show this morning. You did great, Doogie!

I hope they will have you back again to discuss the case more.

Gina_M
01-19-2007, 06:53 AM
I saw that Anna was featured on the 18 Wheel Angels on Project Jason's website. There is also a section called "Adopt A Missing Person" in which I did not see her listed. Has this been considered?

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

Kelly
01-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Project Jason submitted these missing persons to be included in the next GINA Webcast Concert for the Missing:

Brian Barton, Anna Waters, Clinton Nelson, Coreen Wiese, and Angie Yarnell. To see other missing persons, please go to http://www.411gina.org/webcast.htm

When:
Saturday, January 27, 2007
6:00 pm (Pacific)

What:
GINA for Missing Persons presents a GINA Concert featuring recording artists Jannel Rap, Yvonne Perea, Gary Floyd, Clementine, Harriet Schock, Carey Colvin, & Ronni Rae Rivers

Purpose:
To get out the faces and stories of the missing and bring them home!

This is an interactive webcast. Encourage your friends and family to watch, and write in. Thanks for your attention!
- Jannel Rap

You can help! Forward this e-mail to your friends and log on Saturday night!

HOW TO WATCH ONLINE:Just go to http://www.411GINA.org
Click on the Webcast Button at the top of the page
ABOUT GINA: Singer/songwriter, Jannel Rap's sister Gina Bos, disappeared Oct 17, 2000. Gina's story had no scandal, no suspects and lacked the hook and intrigue to get the attention of the national public. Gina had simply vanished after performing at a pub in Lincoln, NE. Six months of slamming doors inspired Jannel into action . . . and the concept of using entertainment to get attention for the missing was born.

In 2001, Jannel organized a concert series in honor of her sister, called GINA for Missing Persons, bringing together recording artists from all over the country in an effort to raise awareness of all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children who go missing every year. In addition, through GINA (www.411gina.org) Jannel has produced a television series called "America Lost and FOUND", and now hosts a monthly international webcast featuring missing persons from around the globe.

For more information contact:
Jannel Rap, Founder
877-411-GINA
www.411Gina.org

smile22
01-23-2007, 05:09 PM
on the local news station in ct they had a segment on how myspace is doing good deeds for the missing they talked about amber alerts and pages being made for the missing so word is getting out that myspace is not as bad as it seams to be

Gina_M
01-27-2007, 04:54 PM
on the local news station in ct they had a segment on how myspace is doing good deeds for the missing they talked about amber alerts and pages being made for the missing so word is getting out that myspace is not as bad as it seams to be
That's awesome! I'm glad that MySpace is getting some "good publicity". My mom just emailed me yesterday and asked me for the links to my MySpace pages...apparently she's been telling friends/family about them, and they are interested in checking them out. I'm so happy that MySpace is now doing Amber Alerts!

Gina_M
01-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Project Jason submitted these missing persons to be included in the next GINA Webcast Concert for the Missing:

Brian Barton, Anna Waters, Clinton Nelson, Coreen Wiese, and Angie Yarnell. To see other missing persons, please go to http://www.411gina.org/webcast.htm

When:
Saturday, January 27, 2007
6:00 pm (Pacific)

What:
GINA for Missing Persons presents a GINA Concert featuring recording artists Jannel Rap, Yvonne Perea, Gary Floyd, Clementine, Harriet Schock, Carey Colvin, & Ronni Rae Rivers

Purpose:
To get out the faces and stories of the missing and bring them home!

This is an interactive webcast. Encourage your friends and family to watch, and write in. Thanks for your attention!
- Jannel Rap

You can help! Forward this e-mail to your friends and log on Saturday night!

HOW TO WATCH ONLINE:Just go to http://www.411GINA.org (http://www.411gina.org/)
Click on the Webcast Button at the top of the page
ABOUT GINA: Singer/songwriter, Jannel Rap's sister Gina Bos, disappeared Oct 17, 2000. Gina's story had no scandal, no suspects and lacked the hook and intrigue to get the attention of the national public. Gina had simply vanished after performing at a pub in Lincoln, NE. Six months of slamming doors inspired Jannel into action . . . and the concept of using entertainment to get attention for the missing was born.

In 2001, Jannel organized a concert series in honor of her sister, called GINA for Missing Persons, bringing together recording artists from all over the country in an effort to raise awareness of all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children who go missing every year. In addition, through GINA (www.411gina.org (http://www.411gina.org/)) Jannel has produced a television series called "America Lost and FOUND", and now hosts a monthly international webcast featuring missing persons from around the globe.

For more information contact:
Jannel Rap, Founder
877-411-GINA
www.411Gina.org (http://www.411Gina.org)
How wonderful that Anna is being included in the webcast! I will be sure to tune in tonight :D

Gina_M
01-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Did anyone else watch the webcast? I really enjoyed the music, and thought it was great that they read the info of missing people and showed their flyers in between songs.

They incorrectly announced Anna's eye color as blue instead of brown; I sent them an email to correct it.

If anyone is interested in owning a DVD of the webcast, you can get one for a $30 donation.

http://www.411gina.org/

Annasmom
01-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Did anyone else watch the webcast? I really enjoyed the music, and thought it was great that they read the info of missing people and showed their flyers in between songs.
They incorrectly announced Anna's eye color as blue instead of brown; I sent them an email to correct it.
http://www.411gina.org/ Gina, I can't get webcasts on my old computer, so I really appreciate your correcting the eye color. I don't know how they could get this wrong, with all the correct descriptions out there. But I'm glad they included our girl, and doubly glad that you caught the error.

Gina_M
01-28-2007, 03:46 AM
Gina, I can't get webcasts on my old computer, so I really appreciate your correcting the eye color. I don't know how they could get this wrong, with all the correct descriptions out there. But I'm glad they included our girl, and doubly glad that you caught the error.
When they showed her flyer, it was listed correctly; I think the guy just misread it.

That's a great program they have...I think I'll start tuning in every month.

SherlockJr
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM
When they showed her flyer, it was listed correctly; I think the guy just misread it.

That's a great program they have...I think I'll start tuning in every month.
I watched the webcast last nite and have to agree they have a good program.
And yes, HOT,HOT,HOT Gary read Anna had blue eyes. LOL

Kelly
02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I watched the webcast last nite and have to agree they have a good program.
And yes, HOT,HOT,HOT Gary read Anna had blue eyes. LOL

They read the data right off the NCMEC or NCMA posters, so I am sure they just misread it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I met Gary in person last August, and he is indeed pretty awesome.

skywatchn
02-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I have not posted very much on this site but read posts daily and have followed Anna's case every day since it appeared on websleuths.

I was wondering if anyone has ever visited the site http://BriansPediction.com ? He does free remote viewings for missing people among other things. It may take some time unless a rush request is made.

His remote viewings can be seen and reviewed on his sight. They also list if the RV was accurate. Many on missing people are correct. He also posts his dreams online.

We could request a remote viewing for Anna to see if anything new could be discovered but I will leave the choice to Annasmom or drdoogie after they check out the site. Also ones that view his missing people area will see Anna listed there. This is just a suggestion. Please feel free to decline.

Thanks for all efforts from everyone to find Anna.

skywatchn
02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I have not posted very much on this site but read posts daily and have followed Anna's case every day since it appeared on websleuths.

I was wondering if anyone has ever visited the site http://BriansPediction.com (http://brianspediction.com/) ? He does free remote viewings for missing people among other things. It may take some time unless a rush request is made.

His remote viewings can be seen and reviewed on his sight. They also list if the RV was accurate. Many on missing people are correct. He also posts his dreams online.

We could request a remote viewing for Anna to see if anything new could be discovered but I will leave the choice to Annasmom or drdoogie after they check out the site. Also ones that view his missing people area will see Anna listed there. This is just a suggestion. Please feel free to decline.

Thanks for all efforts from everyone to find Anna.

Sorry

Site correction is http://www.****************.com

Annasmom
02-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry

Site correction is http://www.****************.com
I was told that Brian is no longer accepting any cases involving missing children or adults.

skywatchn
02-03-2007, 01:24 AM
I was told that Brian is no longer accepting any cases involving missing children or adults.
I wasn't aware of that. I did not see on the website that he was no longer accepting cases so I just assumed he did. Thanks for the response.

SherlockJr
02-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I had previously written to Brian about a remote reading on Anna after discussing it with Annasmom. His automated e-mail comes back saying that it would take up to 6 months. Then after checking his site since then, he has been posting peoples' requests that were requested after my initial e-mail. I
wrote him again and still nothing from him. So I thought at that point maybe we are better off not knowing. His website also has suggestions to try a "pillow dream". I'd be interested in hearing others who may have tried this. I had strange results of my pillow dream.

natasha-cupcake
02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I had previously written to Brian about a remote reading on Anna after discussing it with Annasmom. His automated e-mail comes back saying that it would take up to 6 months. Then after checking his site since then, he has been posting peoples' requests that were requested after my initial e-mail. I
wrote him again and still nothing from him. So I thought at that point maybe we are better off not knowing. His website also has suggestions to try a "pillow dream". I'd be interested in hearing others who may have tried this. I had strange results of my pillow dream.I suppose I'm being lazy by not going to his site and looking this up, but what is a pillow dream, Sherlock?

SherlockJr
02-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I suppose I'm being lazy by not going to his site and looking this up, but what is a pillow dream, Sherlock?
Brian describes this on his website and also suggest others try it...

If you have been reading my dreams for the past few years, you'll know that I have had great success in doing personal readings by putting a picture and bio of a person under my pillow at night...and basically sleep on it. In the morning I'm able to do a very precise reading for the person in question....about 90% of the time.

natasha-cupcake
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks, Sherlock!

Dr. Doogie
03-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Marc Longpre, the author of the article in the Half Moon Bay Review from last year, has moved on to be the New York City reporter for PR Weekly, a national publication. Obviously, this is a tremendous career advance and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. His work on Anna's article was very impressive in its attention to detail and factuality.

Dr. Doogie
03-15-2007, 06:12 PM
It has recently been brought to my attention that a website run by an admitted pedophile named Lindsay Ashford has been listing missing girls' cases including Anna's. This POS draws the dubious distinction between pedophiles and molesters as molesters seek to harm the child, while pedophiles love children. He uses the listing of missing girls to demonstrate his "good-heartedness" toward children.

Needless to say, the last thing we need is Anna's case being used and abused in this manner by this idiot. I have sent two emails to this guy asking that he remove Anna's case from his site with no response. Yesterday, I contacted Jerry Nance of the NCMEC and he is attempting to use the clout of the Center to have Anna removed - the results are yet to be seen.

As Mr. Nance pointed out, as disgusting as the site is, publishing it is within Ashford's free speech rights (damn you, Thomas Jefferson!). The site is also operated out of somewhere in Central or South America, so the US government has little authority over it. However, a few other cases have been removed from his site when media scrutiny became too hot for him, so there is hope that we can rectify this problem. We cannot force his compliance, but we can make it in his best interest to comply.

Anna's case is not the only one listed by Ashford. I only glanced at the older cases he mentions and they include Cynthia Sumpter, Janice Pockett and pretty much all of the missing girls that have been mentioned in connection with the Sharon Marshall case. Other famous and not-so-famous cases are featured too. The heartache that this pervert causes in an effort to promote his abborhant sexual desires is infathomable.

WholeLottaRosie
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh my goodness. Is this the site that was in the news a week or so ago for ranking 08 presidential candidates on the basis of their young daughters? I think they had Obama's as the top rated and his staff got the guy to remove them? At any rate, I hope this guy takes off Anna and the other missing. I really wish he would be shut down. I am all for freedom of speech but when it harms others in this fashion, I draw a line.

Dr. Doogie
03-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh my goodness. Is this the site that was in the news a week or so ago for ranking 08 presidential candidates on the basis of their young daughters? I think they had Obama's as the top rated and his staff got the guy to remove them? At any rate, I hope this guy takes off Anna and the other missing. I really wish he would be shut down. I am all for freedom of speech but when it harms others in this fashion, I draw a line.
Yes, the same one.

I saw a video interview with this moron and he is so smug in his self-righteousness. I recalled an episode of South Park where one of the boys unwittingly joins NAMBLA. When NAMBLA is exposed, they launch into the same sort of gooey-sounding rationales for their behavior as Ashford does and one of the characters disgustedly states: "Dude, you want...to have sex...with children." I know that it is only a cartoon, but it was insightful to see someone, anyone, on television cut right through the BS and state how disgusting the rationales are. Perverts are perverts - no matter how sugar-coated they present their position.

smile22
03-21-2007, 07:12 AM
how could he do something like this omg i wish he would shut down his website do u have a link to this website?

Jodibug
03-21-2007, 08:31 AM
how could he do something like this omg i wish he would shut down his website do u have a link to this website?

Please DO NOT visit his website. We do not want to direct any traffic to that site! If we do, we are giving the creep exactly what he wants.

smile22
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
well i tried to edit my post after i was looking for his link but it wouldnt go through anyways i found it from wikpedia and omg you dont even want to see it i clicked on one link and every missing person was a girl no guys how sick is that then on top of it it says this is an archived website it was ran between the years of such and such to such and such

Dr. Doogie
03-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I cannot access the site from my work computer - is Anna's case still on that site?

mysteriew
03-22-2007, 01:33 AM
I haven't been to the site for a while. But I am wondering- how did he come up with the info about Anna? There aren't that many places discussing her case.

smile22
03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
yes she is still on that website i was on the page maybe 2 minutes

Dr. Doogie
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I haven't been to the site for a while. But I am wondering- how did he come up with the info about Anna? There aren't that many places discussing her case.

He links to the doenetwork and GinaM's website about Anna. GinaM is the one who brought this to my attention and is horrified that her honest effort to assist in the search for Anna has been hijacked by this a-hole. I guess that this is the dark side of trying to get as much publicity as possible - even the bad guys hear about Anna.

SherlockJr
03-23-2007, 11:21 AM
This is really only related to the forum. When I view as a guest, I only see half the threads in Anna's forum. Anyone else notice this?

Jodibug
03-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Sherlock- that is true for me as well. I tried logging out and the last thread that I could see was the "Theory #4" one. Anything below that is not accessible for guests.

I am sure this is by design though, and I would imagine that it is the same with all forums?

ETA.... checked again. This seems to happen only with Spotlight Cases.

With the Ali Gilmore forum, guests only see down to "husband gets Gilmore's assets".

With the ANS forum, I could see 8 pages of threads.

*Perhaps* this setting could be changed.... or it may be in place to lower bandwidth usage (I really know nothing about messabe boards and how that would affect bandwidth- just a guess!)

spikydragon
03-23-2007, 12:54 PM
*Perhaps* this setting could be changed.... or it may be in place to lower bandwidth usage (I really know nothing about messabe boards and how that would affect bandwidth- just a guess!)

I think it is just that for guests, the default is that they only see last month's posts; for logged in users, the default is that they see all posts. There's a drop-down box at the bottom of the forum under Display Options that even guests can change to see postings since the beginning.

Gina_M
04-10-2007, 06:32 AM
Whilst digging around on the 'net, I found this:

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE
April 29, 1996

A MISSING CHILD

Editor -- In Thursday morning's paper you mention several disappearances of children in the Bay Area, saying that Angela Bugay was the ``first in a series'' . . . My daughter, Anna Christian Waters, disappeared from our home in Half Moon Bay in 1973 at the age of 5; the case has never been closed in San Mateo County, and while I know it has been a lifetime since her disappearance, I feel somehow compelled to let people know she was never accounted for and that her disappearance was never resolved.

I wrote Marc Klaas recently and asked him if he thought I should simply put this behind me (the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children still circulates an age-advanced picture of Anna). He said that he didn't believe, had they not found Polly Klaas' body, he would ever be able to give up looking for her until the case was resolved in some way.

MICHAELE BENEDICT

Dr. Doogie
04-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Whilst digging around on the 'net, I found this:...

When I first started looking into Anna's case and was wondered if I should contact Annasmom (we hadn't communicated in a decade or so) and possibly "reopen wounds" that had perhaps healed, it was this letter to the editor that convinced me that I should make contact. And the rest is history...

SherlockJr
04-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Missing Pieces Radio now has the transcript completed...

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/MissingPiecesEpisode20Archive.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Susan Malacari & Todd!

Gina_M
04-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Awesome! Thank you Sherlock :)

Dr. Doogie
04-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Jeez, I ramble on, don't I?

:slap:

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
04-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh man! When I saw a new post in this thread, I thought it was "The Big One"!!!

But still good news nevertheless!

Gina_M
04-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh man! When I saw a new post in this thread, I thought it was "The Big One"!!!

But still good news nevertheless!

I know, lately I've been holding my breath when I come in here! Hopefully we will hear something soon :)

Cubby
04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Thank you Sherlock!

I too am hoping, and praying everytime I see a post.......

mfmangel1
04-25-2007, 02:26 AM
I have to make psych myself down so that I don't get too excited, especially when a see a thread entry by Dr. D, Annasmom or another family member. ;)

Dr. Doogie
04-25-2007, 11:31 AM
For the last couple of weeks, I have had a gut feeling that an answer would be coming down yesterday. Well, yesterday came and went with no phone call, so evidently my gut has no clue.

As much as we hope and pray that we have found Anna, we must keep ourselves open to the possibility that the test will be negative. If that is the case, after a period of weeping and gnashing of teeth, we will need to take stock of what we have discovered and develop a plan for moving forward from that point. If the test comes back as a match, we will need to consult with LE as to what role we can play in assisting them in their futher investigation.

Either way, the results will not be the end of the search - only the end of this portion of the search.

Shadow205
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Just curious Doogie, was there a specific reason that you thought it would be yesterday. If you can share that.

I think that if the test comes back negative it is going to knock the wind out of a lot of us but we will recover and move on. It might just take a day or to. We have gotten our hopes up more than once that we were maybe on to something but this time is different for me anyway. I honestly will be shocked if "C" is not Anna, but then agaain, I have never given up completely on the little girl at Synanon.:waitasec:

Dr. Doogie
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Just curious Doogie, was there a specific reason that you thought it would be yesterday. If you can share that.

Absolutely no rational reason to belive it - I just had a "intuition" or "gut-feeling" that yesterday was the day. Now you see why I do so poorly at gambling...

...We have gotten our hopes up more than once that we were maybe on to something but this time is different for me anyway. I honestly will be shocked if "C" is not Anna...

I agree - this just feels right to me. Again, this is more of a feeling than a rational deduction, but I remain optimistic.

dhchick04
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
I too get very excited everytime I see an update. I know we shouldn't all get our hopes up, but this seems so promising it's hard not to. Either way I wish Anna's family and "C" the best. Also Doug you are amazing for your efforts.

Gina_M
04-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I agree - this just feels right to me. Again, this is more of a feeling than a rational deduction, but I remain optimistic.

When I think about it rationally, I think it's very probable that C could be Anna - things she has remembered, especially the unique color scheme on the bus; her age, looks, uncertainty about her background. It all seems to fit.

But whatever the results are, I hope C knows that she has done us a valuable service in helping us explore this possibility, as someone said before, to rule it either in or out. And if C is not Anna, and still has questions about her background, I hope she knows there are many folks on WS that would love to help her out.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
I wonder if "C" turns out not to be Anna, (Fingers crossed for the best), if she will be willing to have her DNA results stored in a national database (sorry can't remember the name of it) for missing people? Even if she's not Anna, there are so many people still looking for their lost daughter, sister...etc. I think of all the Anna Waters and Rose Coles in the country, who are missing but not forgotten. If she's not a match for Anna, she could be a match for someone else who is desperately being searched for.

RobinH
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I wonder if "C" turns out not to be Anna, (Fingers crossed for the best), if she will be willing to have her DNA results stored in a national database (sorry can't remember the name of it) for missing people? Even if she's not Anna, there are so many people still looking for their lost daughter, sister...etc. I think of all the Anna Waters and Rose Coles in the country, who are missing but not forgotten. If she's not a match for Anna, she could be a match for someone else who is desperately being searched for.

If I am not mistaken, that was discussed with C at the very beginning, and she was in agreement to it, or there was no choice. I am not sure which, but I remember her saying that her DNA results would be stored.

smile22
04-26-2007, 05:03 PM
every morning i wake up and check the threads before work and come home hoping for good news. we are geting closer and closer to finding anna i can feel it

mfmangel1
04-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Last night and today, in between living my real life of dr. visits, hair cuts, shopping, etc... I studied the Anna photos so closely for the hundredth time.

The resemblence in uncanny and I truly believe this is Anna! She has won me over and I pray that I am not wrong....That we are all not wrong!

mfmangel1
04-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Last night and today, in between living my real life of dr. visits, hair cuts, shopping, etc... I studied the Anna photos so closely for the hundredth time.

The resemblence in uncanny and I truly believe this is "our" Anna! She has won me over and I pray that I am not wrong....That we are all not wrong!

Gina_M
07-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube lately, watching other people's homemade videos. There are some great videos and slideshows for missing people on there. So yesterday I learned how to use Windows Movie Maker so I could make videos for Anna. Here is what I came up with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mAPR5Pspg

I plan to make more, maybe one about the 2 Georges and any other developments. Anyone who has a MySpace page or a website can embed the video in their site, and people can email the link to their friends too.

BTW, the new age progression of Anna looks great!

InterestedNHelping
07-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Gina that was absolutely awesome! I wanted to add a little something...on the new age progression slide, when you say Anna is turning 40 this year, perhaps with that you could add her actual birth date under it, in case someone recognizes the date. Again, that was really really good, and "here comes the sun" of course is so perfect!

MagicRose99
07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
You did a great job on that Gina! I had tears on my cheeks when it was over...

Annasmom
07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
You did a great job on that Gina! I had tears on my cheeks when it was over... My antique computer won't play it. I know. Time to get a newer one.

Niteowl
07-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Gina, this is so beautiful! I'm sending it to everyone I know.

joellegirl
07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Wow, what a great idea. Very well done Gina! This is another step in the right direction to finding Anna! I need to get more computer literate, there are some other cold cases I would like to make like this.

Annasmom, hope you are able to see it soon, it is beautiful!

Gina_M
07-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys! That's a great idea InterestedNHelping, about adding Anna's birthdate. I can add it to the video description on this one, and also add it to future videos. This one was kind of an experiment because I'm just learning how to use the program. (It also kept freezing up and I had to restart my computer about 5 times...Grrr!)

Annasmom, sorry you couldn't see the video! Do you have a DVD player? If so, I can put it on DVD for you along with any others I make.

Annasmom
07-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys! That's a great idea InterestedNHelping, about adding Anna's birthdate. I can add it to the video description on this one, and also add it to future videos. This one was kind of an experiment because I'm just learning how to use the program. (It also kept freezing up and I had to restart my computer about 5 times...Grrr!)

Annasmom, sorry you couldn't see the video! Do you have a DVD player? If so, I can put it on DVD for you along with any others I make.
That would be so great! Thank you!

kyresearcher
07-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Gina, you did a beautiful job with the video, I just love looking at the farm and the pictures of little Anna are so precious. Hopefully she is out there somewhere and sees the pictures of the farm, it would surely bring back memories of living there. :)

Dr. Doogie
07-05-2007, 11:20 AM
My antique computer won't play it. I know. Time to get a newer one.

It probably isn't your computer - it most likely is your dial-up connection. I have dial up also (as compared to DSL or cable) and cannot access YouTube either.

Then again, it may be that I am using a Commodore 64 computer... :liar:

GraceBlue
07-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow Gina! I love the video! Great job!!!

Jodibug
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I cannot access YouTube at work.... but I will try and remember to watch when I get home!

Annasbro
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!

Gina_M
07-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!

Thank you Annasbro and everyone else who liked the video. I'm working on another one which will go more into detail on the main theories of what happened to Anna.

annemc2
07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!

Gina_M
07-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!

Thanks! LOL about the music...I felt "Here Comes the Sun" was an obvious choice for the first one. For the second one, I wanted something different, but it took awhile to find something that fit! Finally finished the second one late last night. It's now up at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5BHNSEGYo

annemc2
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Again, nicely done Gina! You have a real talent for this. The story was succinct, but detailed enough to get the main story out there.

I love how the photos have the little tabs on the corners to make it look like a photo album. The music is perfect, too. I hope these great videos get seen by many. Yay Gina!

Gina_M
07-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

skywatchn
07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
An excellent job on the videos Gina. What a great gift you have shared in this search for Anna.

SherlockJr
08-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme

Gina_M
08-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme

Thanks Sherlock! I will check it out :)

Gina_M
08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

Here is the page with the requirements:

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_X1&PageId=3326

Annasmom
08-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_X1&PageId=3326
Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.

Annasmom
08-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.

Gina, it looks as if the person filling out the electronic submission form has to send the video, so I'll see if I can copy the one you sent me and mail it tomorrow with the other forms. You know, I didn't even ask if it was OK with you for us to do this....after all, it is YOUR work.

Annasmom
09-01-2007, 10:09 AM

I can't figure out how to copy the DVD. I'll go ahead and send the required forms and hope they'll let you send the video.

Gina_M
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Annasmom, I submitted the video via YouSendIt. I think it's okay that it's coming from my email address. Oh and of course it's okay with me...this video is my gift to you and Anna :)

Gina_M
09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw

Annasmom
09-15-2007, 01:58 AM
I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHwGina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!

Cubby
09-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.

Gina_M
09-15-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.

Oh yeah, those are great too! My favorite Cyndi Lauper song is "All Through the Night". I'm a bit younger than you guys...I enjoyed these songs in elementary school :)

Gina_M
09-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!

Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?

Annasmom
09-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now? I can; what a thrill! I still have a dial-up connection, so the video stop and starts again every few seconds, but at least it's something. Thank you, Gina.

smile22
09-15-2007, 08:22 PM
time after time is one of my favorites i was a little at the time and i can still remember dancing to that footloose and beat it in my aunts way over sized tee shirt

Gina_M
09-16-2007, 01:21 AM
time after time is one of my favorites i was a little at the time and i can still remember dancing to that footloose and beat it in my aunts way over sized tee shirt

This is all bringing back fond memories of the 80s for me too. Makes me want to watch "Footloose" and "Goonies" again :)

Gina_M
09-16-2007, 01:24 AM
I can; what a thrill! I still have a dial-up connection, so the video stop and starts again every few seconds, but at least it's something. Thank you, Gina.

You're welcome Annasmom. What you can also do is hit the play/pause button to pause the video (bottom left corner of the video square) and wait for it to load (you can see it loading if the red line is moving across the bottom of the video). Then hit the play/pause button again to continue playing, and it should play all at once :)

smile22
09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
This is all bringing back fond memories of the 80s for me too. Makes me want to watch "Footloose" and "Goonies" again :)

i just had the soundtrack on lets here it for the boys on repeat, i hear they doing a remake of the movie

Annasmom
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
June Morrall has a story and pictures of Anna on her site now: http://www.halfmoonbaymemories.com/

Annasmom
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Larry Dunn, producer of "Missing" (Telco Productions) has informed AnnasUnc that the show will be featuring a brief segment on Anna in episode M-467 of
"Missing," scheduled for the broadcast week of November 5, 2007, airing
the following weekend in most areas.

Rhett
09-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Annasmom, what network is the show on? I am not familiar with that show. Thank you. Rhett.

Annasmom
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Annasmom, what network is the show on? I am not familiar with that show. Thank you. Rhett. It will be on Fox here, at 2 A.M.! But to find out when it's showing where you are, try http://www.usamissing.com/findus.htm#S. I should thank our Canadian friend N for suggesting this to AnnasUnc, who wrote the producer.

Cubby
09-28-2007, 04:21 AM
It will be on Fox here, at 2 A.M.! But to find out when it's showing where you are, try http://www.usamissing.com/findus.htm#S. I should thank our Canadian friend N for suggesting this to AnnasUnc, who wrote the producer.

Thanks for the link. It comes on the "U" here in Chicago at 2:30 am!

smile22
09-28-2007, 05:26 AM
biggest cities near me are not listed :( let me know how it was or if there is going to be an online transcript

Dr. Doogie
09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
It will be on Fox here, at 2 A.M.!

It comes on the "U" here in Chicago at 2:30 am!

Let us pray that Anna is an insomniac so that she will be awake when this broadcasts! :D

Annasunc
09-28-2007, 12:14 PM
It will be on Fox here, at 2 A.M.! But to find out when it's showing where you are, try http://www.usamissing.com/findus.htm#S. I should thank our Canadian friend N for suggesting this to AnnasUnc, who wrote the producer.

... and SherlockJr, who forwarded information to me about the show!

MagicRose99
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Let us pray that Anna is an insomniac so that she will be awake when this broadcasts! :D

It's on at 5am here in Sac on Q58...

GraceBlue
09-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Looks like its on at 4:30 pm here in Tampa, FL.

Annasunc
09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Here it's on Saturdays at 3:35 a.m. on the New York CBS station (WCBS, channel 2) and Sundays at 3:35 a.m. on the Philadelphia CBS station (KYW, channel 3). According to the stations' Web sites, it's a 30 minute program; I don't know how many cases they do in that time.

Annasunc
09-29-2007, 04:14 AM
Tonight the show featured 23 cases. They spent one minute each on four cases, 20-30 seconds each on 19 cases, then briefly (in 45 seconds) showed the images of all 23 cases again at the end of the show.

Cubby
10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
CBS "Without a Trace" features a missing person each week after the show, and the following morning the early show on CBS also features this missing person. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/without_a_trace/missing_person/index.shtml

I can't for the life of me find any information on how they decide on cases. Do they pick them from FBI files, or can they be submitted?

This show without a trace, also won the top spot for ratings the week of September 27th so it would be awesome if we could get Anna featured.

Gina_M
10-12-2007, 07:14 AM
A teenager from the Netherlands posted a comment under my YouTube video for Anna. Someone also sent me a message on there about the possible Sharon Marshall connection (I told them it has been ruled out). It's good to know that people are looking though. And halfway around the world too!

Gina_M
10-17-2007, 04:24 AM
The Squeaky Wheel tour is making its way through California right now. Here is their schedule:

http://www.411gina.org/squeakywheeltour.htm#ca

I stumbled across MySpace pages for a couple of the artists, which is what brought my attention to it. They are featuring missing persons from the area:

http://www.myspace.com/lisamontes
http://www.myspace.com/katiegaribaldi

Perhaps they can feature Anna as well?

Gina_M
10-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I sent a myspace friend request to Lisa Montes, one of the artists in the Squeaky Wheel Tour, and she wrote back that they would like to feature Anna along with the other missing from the area during their concert next Sunday, Oct. 28. Does someone from Anna's family want to follow up with her?

MagicRose99
10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I sent a myspace friend request to Lisa Montes, one of the artists in the Squeaky Wheel Tour, and she wrote back that they would like to feature Anna along with the other missing from the area during their concert next Sunday, Oct. 28. Does someone from Anna's family want to follow up with her?

PM Doogie or Annasunc... to make sure they see this!

Annasmom
10-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I sent a myspace friend request to Lisa Montes, one of the artists in the Squeaky Wheel Tour, and she wrote back that they would like to feature Anna along with the other missing from the area during their concert next Sunday, Oct. 28. Does someone from Anna's family want to follow up with her? What should we do to follow up on this?

Gina_M
10-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I wrote her back and asked her if she would like Anna's family to contact her by regular email. I will also pm Dr. Doogie and Annasunc :)

Oh wow, that was fast - already got a response from her. I will pm her contact info to Annasmom, Annasunc, and Dr. Doogie.

ETA - Annasunc's pm box is full; sent pm's to Annasmom and Dr. Doogie :)

Gina_M
10-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Is there anyone near Redwood City, CA who would be able to bring posters and/or info about Anna to the Squeaky Wheel concert tonight? It's from 7pm to 10pm at the Little Fox Theater, 2209 Broadway, Redwood City, CA. I have Lisa Montes's cell phone number if anyone wants to go and meet with her.

Anna's missing poster is at:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=601935&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

There will be another opportunity for this, as the tour is heading down to Southern and then back up to Northern California into next month :)

Annasmom
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Is there anyone near Redwood City, CA who would be able to bring posters and/or info about Anna to the Squeaky Wheel concert tonight? It's from 7pm to 10pm at the Little Fox Theater, 2209 Broadway, Redwood City, CA. I have Lisa Montes's cell phone number if anyone wants to go and meet with her.

Anna's missing poster is at:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=601935&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

There will be another opportunity for this, as the tour is heading down to Southern and then back up to Northern California into next month :)
Gina, I'm sorry we weren't able to do this. I didn't hear from her until this morning, and we had a concert scheduled ourselves. We're just getting back now, and we're exhausted after seven hours of driving, rehearsal and performance. I hope Lisa's went well. I wrote her an e-mail and thanked her. And thank you for keeping track of all this.

Gina_M
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Gina, I'm sorry we weren't able to do this. I didn't hear from her until this morning, and we had a concert scheduled ourselves. We're just getting back now, and we're exhausted after seven hours of driving, rehearsal and performance. I hope Lisa's went well. I wrote her an e-mail and thanked her. And thank you for keeping track of all this.

That's okay Annasmom; I'm sorry I wasn't able to coordinate things better. I just heard from Lisa this morning about the posters and by then it was kind of short notice. I hope they were able to mention Anna during the concert and maybe print out a flyer themselves. I can send out some emails to see about getting Anna included when the tour comes back up the coast next month (different artist, but still Squeaky Wheel).

Oh, and a big bummer for me - I'm going out of town just as they're coming down here to my area!

MagicRose99
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Larry Dunn, producer of "Missing" (Telco Productions) has informed AnnasUnc that the show will be featuring a brief segment on Anna in episode M-467 of
"Missing," scheduled for the broadcast week of November 5, 2007, airing
the following weekend in most areas.

Now that this date is approaching, I looked at my local TV station again... I have 2 dates and I'm not sure which one is considered "the week of" 11/5:

Sunday, 11/4
Sunday, 11/11

5am... early!

Dr. Doogie
10-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Now that this date is approaching, I looked at my local TV station again... I have 2 dates and I'm not sure which one is considered "the week of" 11/5:

Sunday, 11/4
Sunday, 11/11

5am... early!

MR99:

What channel is the show on in Sacramento?

MagicRose99
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
MR99:

What channel is the show on in Sacramento?

Q58 (ch 4 on Comcast cable)

Dr. Doogie
10-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks!

MagicRose99
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks!

You're welcome!

Annasmom
10-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I just had a letter from the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children to the effect that they have posted Gina's video on their site, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cDiemi_Js. The video has already had 131 views and two "favorites", and it has only just been posted. Thank you SO MUCH, Gina. This will really help get the word out. It is a beautiful video.

Gina_M
11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I just had a letter from the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children to the effect that they have posted Gina's video on their site, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cDiemi_Js. The video has already had 131 views and two "favorites", and it has only just been posted. Thank you SO MUCH, Gina. This will really help get the word out. It is a beautiful video.

Oh how wonderful!!! :woohoo:

You are very welcome, Annasmom :)

That link wasn't working for me, but I found it at their page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cDIemi_Js
(I think it is case sensitive)

Now it's up to 182 views!

Gina_M
11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Oprah now has a YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=OPRAH

I sent her a message at YouTube asking her to check out Anna's video and to consider doing a show about her. I focused on the angle of using the internet, and modern technology, to help publicize cases.

Gina_M
11-10-2007, 06:57 AM
According to the GINA website, Anna was featured last night (Nov. 9) at their Squeaky Wheel concert in San Francisco!
http://www.411gina.org/squeakywheeltour.htm#ca

Annasmom
11-10-2007, 03:29 PM
The "Missing" show replays the videos on their site, http://www.usamissing.com/, so those of you who aren't able to see the show this week may be able to watch the video on line next week, or whenever they post it. The web page has a link to www.searchingforanna.com and has a button, "Click for the most recent episode". The program seems to be well done and informative, with many age-advanced pictures from the NCMEC which are stunning works of art and technology.

SherlockJr
11-12-2007, 07:24 AM
The "Missing" show replays the videos on their site, http://www.usamissing.com/, so those of you who aren't able to see the show this week may be able to watch the video on line next week, or whenever they post it. The web page has a link to www.searchingforanna.com (http://www.searchingforanna.com) and has a button, "Click for the most recent episode". The program seems to be well done and informative, with many age-advanced pictures from the NCMEC which are stunning works of art and technology.

www.usamissing.com (http://www.usamissing.com) has updated the "Most recent episode" link.

Annasmom
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
www.usamissing.com (http://www.usamissing.com) has updated the "Most recent episode" link.
This is such a good show. I wonder why it's so hard to find on TV, and why it airs at such impossible hours. Anyway, you can watch the video on the site now. It has only a very brief segment about Anna.

Annasmom
03-18-2008, 05:50 PM
June Morrall has put up another story mentioning Searching for Anna, with a picture of the book cover and a link to the Lulu site. Her on-line magazine apppears at http://halfmoonbaymemories.com. June has been very supportive of our efforts and has mentioned them in her stories several times.
:clap:

Annasmom
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Nancy, the friend from Canada, is putting together a proposal for Frontline for Missing Children's Day May 25. She and I have been working the past three days on the pitch, and she will send them a copy of Searching for Anna. Any other ideas on how to get our girl's picture and information around on May 25?

Cubby
04-02-2008, 07:24 AM
I love the frontline idea. A few months back there was talk about approaching Readers Digest about a condensed version of Anna's story after the book was published. I don't know if that is something that can be coordinated with May 25th but I still think it is a fantastic idea with the number of readers.

There is also a place on AMW where people can email their story "My Story" ( linked on left at bottom on AMW home page) to be published on the website. I'm not sure if that has been approached previously.

Bree0372
04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I love the frontline idea. A few months back there was talk about approaching Readers Digest about a condensed version of Anna's story after the book was published. I don't know if that is something that can be coordinated with May 25th but I still think it is a fantastic idea with the number of readers.

There is also a place on AMW where people can email their story "My Story" ( linked on left at bottom on AMW home page) to be published on the website. I'm not sure if that has been approached previously.

From AMW's site: http://www.amw.com/about_amw/faq.cfm#cases

Submitting Cases
http://www.amw.com/images/divider_green.gif

How do I submit a case to AMW?
Cases to be profiled on AMW are carefully chosen from the hundreds of requests we receive every week. Due to the high volume of requests we often need to make tough decisions when it comes to choosing which cases to profile. We make every attempt to cover cases from all parts of the country and all type of crimes. Our ultimate goal is to give a voice to the maximum number of victims possible and help find missing children and bring fugitives to justice.

If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:

America's Most Wanted
PO Box Crime TV
Washington DC 20016

Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.

NOTE: We are not able to return materials, so do not send original or irreplaceable photos, documents, etc.

Gina_M
04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Anna has been featured in another YouTube video - this one was done by someone I know from MySpace. The first minute and 55 seconds of the video is devoted to Anna:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq_5NEXXCJU

Anna's video at the ICMEC YouTube page is now up to 4,185 views.

Annasmom
05-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Nancy, our Canadian friend, has put up a notice regarding Searching for Anna on her Facebook page and suggests that Websleuthers who are also members of Facebook do the same.

InterestedNHelping
05-13-2008, 10:16 AM
It seems in my little world, many people are interested in the book, so I will be ordering several copies soon, and am directing folks to the book...people are very interested in the story. I have alot of friends in the bay area who want to read it, so they can hopefully pass the story along...soon, very soon, I hope I can get all of the books ordered!

Annasmom
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
It seems in my little world, many people are interested in the book, so I will be ordering several copies soon, and am directing folks to the book...people are very interested in the story. I have alot of friends in the bay area who want to read it, so they can hopefully pass the story along...soon, very soon, I hope I can get all of the books ordered!

Great, INH. And if you could post a rating or a review on the Lulu site, that would help us get an update there. We're currently stuck at 5,106th on their list. Thank you.

Annasmom
05-21-2008, 10:44 AM
There is a new forensic assistant on Anna's case at the NCMEC, Laura Rockman, and she informs me that "we are pushing the media for Anna, distributing her photo as a child and her age-progressed image in USA Today, in Wal-Mart's in the surrounding states, and via ADVO (a mailing across the United States)." She adds "Let's keep our fingers crossed that these mailings result in some new leads so we can find Anna. "

Dr. Doogie
05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Annasmom
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Searching for Anna just came up today on Amazon.com, which makes it widely available to people outside our immediate circle. As yet there are no reviews and no ratings for the book, so even if you have posted same on the Lulu site, it would be great if you could do the same on the Amazon.com site. Thank you!

Dr. Doogie
06-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Here is the direct link:
http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Anna-Michaele-Benedict/dp/1435710177/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212550869&sr=8-2

Dr. Doogie
06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I have heard from a poster here that Amazon will only let you post a review if you have purchased a book through Amazon. Have you all had this same experience?