PDA

View Full Version : MD MD - Linda Peugeot, 21, & Lori Peugeot, 2, LaVale, 22 Sept 1969

kim playfair
10-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Linda and Lori Peugeot were kidnapped from a shopping center September 1969 in Maryland by prison escapee Stanley Hoss. He was later apprehended and confessed to killing Linda and Lori. They have never been found.
http://216.15.229.16/news/full_story.cfm?story_id=16609
A book is being written by Jim Hollock about Stanley Hoss' crimes and each of his victims lives.

Richard
10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Linda Peugeot
Missing since September 22, 1969 from LaVale, Cumberland County, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 96 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: Light blue sweater; bellbotton slacks with shoulder straps and a black and white checked blouse.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Linda and her baby daughter Lori Peugeot were last seen on September 22, 1969 in LaVale, MD.

The two were allegedly kidnapped and murdered by Stanley B. Hoss Jr., a convicted cop-killer who grabbed the mother and daughter in the parking lot of the former King’s Department Store in LaVale on September 22, 1969.

Linda Peugeot was a waitress at Warner’s. The bodies were never recovered.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Cumberland County Sheriff's Office

Source Information:
Maryland Missing
Cumberland Times-News
doenetwork.org

marylandmissing
10-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Some folks believe this might be Sharon Marshall and her mother...

kim playfair
11-23-2006, 02:02 PM
We have been doing alot of research on this possibility.
http://officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/index.php

mel36
12-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Is the father of this little girl still alive and if so they could do a DNA test between Sharon Marshall and him. Also does anybody know where this guy was in prison and if he ever had any connection with FDF while in prison. I know it says that he was found with their car. But I think it is worth looking into because that little girl looks so to much like Sharon.

mel36
12-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Floyd's crime timeline
1960 - Breaks into a Sears store in Los Angeles to steal a gun. The alarm goes off and he gets arrested. He is subsequently placed in a youth facility in Preston.
1961 - Was on parole for the break in when he violates his parole by going to Alaska on a camping trip with fellow parolee James Marvin.
June 1962 - Abducts 4 year old from bowling alley and rapes her
July 1962 - Convicted of "Child Molestation" and sentenced to 20 years
March 1963 - Escapes from mental facility where he was sent for evaluation and subsequently robs a bank to supposedly get money to appeal his Child Molestation sentence. Was in a shoot out and shot in the stomach. He survived the operation.
July 1963 - Was sentenced to 15 years at Chillicothe Federal Reformatory in Ohio.
September 1963 - Tries to escape again by hotwiring a truck and crashing through a fence. Subsequently transferred to Lewisberg Pennsylvania.
June 1964 - Transferred to Springfield Missouri Medical Center for prisioners for evaluation
February 1965 - Transferred to Federal Penn in Marion Illionos.
February 1968 - Transferred back to Reidsville GA to finish rape sentence. Meets David Dial who is incarcerated for a drug offense.
November 1971 - Transferred to Federal Penn in Atlanta GA for the Escape Attempt from OH reformatory
November 1972 - Floyd is released to a halfway house
Late January or February 1973 - Attempts to kidnap a young woman from a gas station in Atlanta GA. Before his June court appearance, Floyd dissappears - it is later found out that he bunks with David Dial, assumes the alias Daniel Pittman and begins working for AVIS Car Rentals.

It's odd that Hoss and Floyd's patterns of crime were so similar.

Hoss's crime timeline
September 11, 1969Stanley Hoss, 26, of Tarentum, PA broke out of
the Allegheny County Workhouse in Pittsburgh PA
where he was serving time for a rape conviction

September 19, 1969 Gets pulled over in stolen vehicle. Murders
patrolman Joseph Zenella, 25 durng a traffic
stop in Verona PA.

September 21, 1969 Kidnaps a woman, 20 at a cemetery near her
home in Arnold, PA. He forced her to drive to
Wheeling, WV and released her. Steals a white
sports car. Drives to Cumberland MD

September 22, 1969 Abducts Linda,21 and Lori Mae Peugeot, 2, from a
dept store parking lot in Cumberland, MD

Steptember 19-23, 1969 sightings reported in WV, MD and OH where
held 2 women at gunpoint & carjacked them.

September 23, 1969 Stops at a Jay's Florist in Wellington, OH to
send a dozen yellow roses to Lucille his girlfriend of
Brokenridge PA. FBI in Steubenville OH said Hoss
was last seen heading West on US 40 with a
woman. Reports received (from ??) that Hoss
released the Peugeots but those reports were not
confirmed.

October 4, 1969 Captured in Waterloo, IA

I wonder why Hoss did not tell the autorities where Linda and Lori were if he was not able to be convicted of the crimes why did'nt he just tell. does anybody have any information on if he was asked and what his response was if any. thanks

Richard
12-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Floyd's crime timeline...
February 1968 - Transferred back to Reidsville GA to finish rape sentence. Meets David Dial who is incarcerated for a drug offense.
November 1971 - Transferred to Federal Penn in Atlanta GA for the Escape Attempt from OH reformatory
November 1972 - Floyd is released to a halfway house...
Hoss's crime timeline...
September 22, 1969 Abducts Linda,21 and Lori Mae Peugeot, 2, from a
dept store parking lot in Cumberland, MD

Steptember 19-23, 1969 sightings reported in WV, MD and OH where
held 2 women at gunpoint & carjacked them.

September 23, 1969 ... Reports received (from ??) that Hoss
released the Peugeots but those reports were not
confirmed.

October 4, 1969 Captured in Waterloo, IA

I wonder why Hoss did not tell the autorities where Linda and Lori were if he was not able to be convicted of the crimes why did'nt he just tell. does anybody have any information on if he was asked and what his response was if any. thanks
Your timelines would seem to exclude Floyd from having anything to do with the abduction of Linda Peugeot and her daughter. But it seems very strange that they would have survived their time with the murderer Hoss, and then simply disappear of their own volition.

Hoss seems (in your timeline) to be a man on the run continually, and not someone who kidnapped the Peugeots for any purpose other than his own immediate intentions. Still, one wonders if perhaps he might have had a friend along route 40 with whom he might have left Linda and/or Lori as he fled westward.

To answer your question of why Hoss did not tell - Note that my first post states that Linda and Lori were ALLEGEDLY kidnapped and murdered by Hoss. That would mean that he was never tried/convicted of the crime.

My feeling is that he did not talk because then their bodies would have been found and that would be the evidence needed to convict him. There have been very few murder convictions without a body.

A kidnapping conviction might have been succussfully pursued by Maryland authorities, but it is likely that Pennsylvania authorities wanted him more because he had murdered the police officer.

Mr. E
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Floyd's crime timeline
1961 - Was on parole for the break in when he violates his parole by going to Alaska on a camping trip with fellow parolee James Marvin.

March 1963 - Escapes from mental facility where he was sent for evaluation and subsequently robs a bank to supposedly get money to appeal his Child Molestation sentence. Was in a shoot out and shot in the stomach. He survived the operation.

The 1961 trip? I find it hard to believe Floyd and another con just spent some time camping. Anyone know of any missing or unidentified from this time period?

1963 -- Too bad he didn't die. Why'd they have to go and give him an operation?

2sisters
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
The 1961 trip? I find it hard to believe Floyd and another con just spent some time camping. Anyone know of any missing or unidentified from this time period?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burr_ann.html Ann marie Burr ,it is said that Ted Bundy killed her but I don't think he did. I think it was a strange coincidence.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tompkins_karen.html Karen Tompkins

MacPlus512
12-14-2006, 12:45 AM
I put a few theories relating to this and the Sharon Marshall case in the Sharon Marshall thread.

I can't believe he started out in Allegheny County! I live there and this is the first I've heard of this story. Granted, I wasn't born at the time (I'm only 20 now), but after hearing about some other cases in the western PA area I'm surprised I never learned of this one. I also know several people from Verona, PA--I'll have to ask my close buddy from there if his folks ever heard the story (he wasn't born yet then).

itsreenw
12-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Floyd's crime timeline

1963 -- Too bad he didn't die. Why'd they have to go and give him an operation?

Mr. E, there was an 11 yr old girl named Karen Lynn Tomkins from Torrance CA that went missing in August 1961, the same month Floyd was released from the Preston Youth Correctional Facility, also in CA.
I contacted the Dept of Corrections to find the exact date of his release but they have not replied. If it was after 8/18/61 we can rule him out.
Karen has never been found.

The crimes he went to Preston for were committed in Los Angeles, literally over the tracks from Torrance -It is possible he went back to familiar territory upon his release. I dont believe his story about camping in Alaska either. What a great way to distance himself from any crimes in the L.A. area.

I spoke with a detective from the Torrance PD and he is working with the LAPD cold case detective in charge of Karen's case. Nothing new as of late. I guess it's time to call and bug them again.

I started a thread here on WS about Karen. The link is:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36329&highlight=karen+lynn+tompkins

Here is a link to her photo:
http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/tompkins.html

Anyone just joining the Sharon Marshall or Linda & Lori Mae Peugeot threads, it would be to your advantage to read the archived Sharon Marshall thread so we can proceed forward from where that thread left off. Many of the questions on this thread have been asked and answered there. Not that we couldn't all use a refresher course. The cases are both quite confusing.

Richard
12-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I received the following information from someone who is far more familiar with this case than I am.

Stanley Hoss committed 2 very brutal, disgusting rapes with a man named Richard Surdyk, and for those crimes, he was incarcerated.

He escaped with a man named Thomas Lubresky. They got a ride from a man Lubresky later identified as George Kane to the house of an invalid woman named Amanda Riddle. She gave them clothes and money.

After his subsequent capture, Hoss confessed to police that after he abducted Linda and Lori, he shot Linda Peugeot almost immediately in the side and in the head. She bled out in the trunk of the car. According to police, there were huge amounts of blood in the trunk.

Hoss stated that he drove baby Lori around the country with him for 6 days, the last sighting of her with Hoss was in Fairberry, Illinois.

Stanley Hoss' brother Harold Hoss was living in Chicago when this kidnapping occurred. Harold is also a convicted felon.

Stanley Hoss made 3 trips to Chicago during his run from justice.

Floyd went to the Chicago area and mailed his friend David a postcard from there in 1973, which is the time it was believed that he obtained Sharon.

Lori's birthday is 9/22/1967. Sharon's was always said to be 9/19/1967. Floyd always said Sharon's mother's name was Linda. Floyd has always stated that Sharon is not "missing".

2sisters
12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Richard that is interesting. Has this info been sent to the Sharon Marshall investigators?

Richard
12-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Richard that is interesting. Has this info been sent to the Sharon Marshall investigators?
It actually came from one of them.

Usher737
12-15-2006, 03:57 PM
I wonder if its possible to do a DNA test between Sharnon and Linda? This seems like a very promising lead.

2sisters
12-15-2006, 04:02 PM
It actually came from one of them.So that means they are following this and maybe will do DNA testing?

Mr. E
12-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I received the following information from someone who is far more familiar with this case than I am.

Stanley Hoss committed 2 very brutal, disgusting rapes with a man named Richard Surdyk, and for those crimes, he was incarcerated.

He escaped with a man named Thomas Lubresky. They got a ride from a man Lubresky later identified as George Kane to the house of an invalid woman named Amanda Riddle. She gave them clothes and money.

After his subsequent capture, Hoss confessed to police that after he abducted Linda and Lori, he shot Linda Peugeot almost immediately in the side and in the head. She bled out in the trunk of the car. According to police, there were huge amounts of blood in the trunk.

Hoss stated that he drove baby Lori around the country with him for 6 days, the last sighting of her with Hoss was in Fairberry, Illinois.

Stanley Hoss' brother Harold Hoss was living in Chicago when this kidnapping occurred. Harold is also a convicted felon.

Floyd went to the Chicago area and mailed his friend David a postcard from there in 1973, which is the time it was believed that he obtained Sharon.

Lori's birthday is 9/22/1967. Sharon's was always said to be 9/19/1967. Floyd always said Sharon's mother's name was Linda. Floyd has always stated that Sharon is not "missing".
Didn't Floyd say that he rescued Sharon from a bad situation, or something like that? Maybe he felt that taking Lori from this violent Hoss person was "rescuing" her.

itsreenw
12-15-2006, 08:00 PM
So that means they are following this and maybe will do DNA testing?If they can find the evidence box!!!

2sisters
12-15-2006, 08:51 PM
If they can find the evidence box!!!Sharon's or the Puegot's? i am sorry, I had quit following the Sharon Marshall case after it was locked and have been working on catching up on the new thread. I vaugley rememerb something about Sharon's blood being missing. Is there DNA on file for the Puegot's?

2sisters
12-15-2006, 09:42 PM
This was interesting about Hoss, I am not sure if it has been posted or not.

Gina_M
12-17-2006, 07:16 AM
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burr_ann.html Ann marie Burr ,it is said that Ted Bundy killed her but I don't think he did. I think it was a strange coincidence.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tompkins_karen.html Karen Tompkins
I was just going to post about Ann Marie Burr. If Floyd did make a trip to Alaska, Washington would have been on the way. I was originally looking at Ann as a possible connection to Sharon Marshall (similar to Karen Tompkins), but Ann seems a bit too young to be Sharon's mother.

I've posted about Lori Peugeot and Karen Tompkins on my Sharon Marshall MySpace page, as possible connections to her.

marylandmissing
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Sharon's or the Puegot's? i am sorry, I had quit following the Sharon Marshall case after it was locked and have been working on catching up on the new thread. I vaugley rememerb something about Sharon's blood being missing. Is there DNA on file for the Puegot's?
They have been trying to locate the family. They believe the father is in PA, however, last I heard they are waiting till after Christmas to contact the family...

kim playfair
12-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi, I am Gerald Peugeot's niece. Everything that needs to be done is being done. Every effort is being made by NCMEC to locate dna on Linda's side of the family and to have her and Lori entered into CODIS. After this is accomplished we will know if they are among the unidentified that are listed or if Lori is Sharon Marshall. Please, DO NOT CONTACT him. He is not wanting to speak to anyone except family and the few official persons who he has already had contact with.

mel36
12-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Didn't Floyd also say that he took Sharon because she was with a man that was going to kill her? I think that was in Matts book. I am going to go back and look at the statements that Floyd made. How did they know that there was a letter sent to David that was postmarked from Chicago? and also do they know what was in the letter?

michelle
12-17-2006, 09:40 PM
So is it a possibility that Lori is Sharon Marshall? I need to do more reading on SM there is so much info on her thread.

MacPlus512
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I think there is a definite possibility here. Illinois is the key. FDF, if I recall, has said multiple times about obtaining Sharon in Chicago.

What this would leave, though, are the "mystery years" of late 1969-whenever in 1973 she was obtained by FDF. Did this Hoss guy perhaps take her in after those sightings? And what was Sharon's early life like in that case? Given her intelligence I am wondering how she was raised by whoever had her prior to FDF.

Also, anyone recall the picture that Jennifer Fisher found of the woman who may have been Sharon's mother? If FDF and Hoss were connected somehow, perhaps they swapped photos. If only someone were able to recover that photo...

2sisters
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi, I am Gerald Peugeot's niece. Everything that needs to be done is being done. Every effort is being made by NCMEC to locate dna on Linda's side of the family and to have her and Lori entered into CODIS. After this is accomplished we will know if they are among the unidentified that are listed or if Lori is Sharon Marshall. Please, DO NOT CONTACT him. He is not wanting to speak to anyone except family and the few official persons who he has already had contact with.Hi Kim, I know you have been around here for a little while, but I just wanted to say welcome to WS. It is always good to get a family memebers insight on these cases. I hope your family is doing good and that this new lead can give you some answers. So then are you Lori's cousin?

2sisters
12-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I was just going to post about Ann Marie Burr. If Floyd did make a trip to Alaska, Washington would have been on the way. I was originally looking at Ann as a possible connection to Sharon Marshall (similar to Karen Tompkins), but Ann seems a bit too young to be Sharon's mother.

I've posted about Lori Peugeot and Karen Tompkins on my Sharon Marshall MySpace page, as possible connections to her.I just don't feel like Bundy is responsible for Ann Marie's dissapperance. It is just a strange coincidence that she lived next door to a serial killer. Sadly, as sick as FDF is, Ann Marie could be Sharon's mom, it is a long shot but by the late 60's she would have been a teenager. I think the Peugeot baby is more likely to be Sharon though.

kim playfair
12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Kim, I know you have been around here for a little while, but I just wanted to say welcome to WS. It is always good to get a family memebers insight on these cases. I hope your family is doing good and that this new lead can give you some answers. So then are you Lori's cousin?Yes, I would have been, I never got to meet Linda and Lori, I was born after their deaths. There is such a minute possibility that Lori is Sharon, but you just never know. Both Sharon and Lori's stories are completely insane.

mel36
12-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Mac,
They didn't recover Linda's body either did they? that would mean that its a possibility that they kept Linda alive longer then what Hoss said could that be a possibility? Maybe that's who took care of Lori through those years I don't know just guessing.

I think there is a definite possibility here. Illinois is the key. FDF, if I recall, has said multiple times about obtaining Sharon in Chicago.

What this would leave, though, are the "mystery years" of late 1969-whenever in 1973 she was obtained by FDF. Did this Hoss guy perhaps take her in after those sightings? And what was Sharon's early life like in that case? Given her intelligence I am wondering how she was raised by whoever had her prior to FDF.

Also, anyone recall the picture that Jennifer Fisher found of the woman who may have been Sharon's mother? If FDF and Hoss were connected somehow, perhaps they swapped photos. If only someone were able to recover that photo...

itsreenw
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Mac,
They didn't recover Linda's body either did they? that would mean that its a possibility that they kept Linda alive longer then what Hoss said could that be a possibility? Maybe that's who took care of Lori through those years I don't know just guessing.Investigators said that there was enough blood found in the car to assume Linda was dead. There was no DNA testing back then so they could only match by blood type. It is highly unlikely that Linda survived more than a day or so with Hoss.

(unrelated to above post)
JUST A REMINDER TO ALL...PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT
MR. PEUGEOT. AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, THESE NEW POSSIBILITIES ARE OVERWHELMING TO HIM. HE IS CORRESPONDING WITH THE PROPER AUTHORITIES AND HIS NIECE, KIM PLAYFAIR, WILL LET US KNOW WHEN THERE ARE ANY NEW DEVELOPMENTS.

MacPlus512
12-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Something else just crossed my mind. FDF has said something about a Linda Williams in the past. Do you suppose he knew this Linda was Sharon's mother and was using the name to cover up Linda Peugot's real identity? Perhaps he was doing it to protect himself from becoming involved in this Hoss case? After all, we all know FDF was good with aliases and that his names typically were fairly common...last I checked the names Davis, Marshall, and Hughes were pretty common, as is Williams.

mel36
12-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I am also wondering if FDF and Hoss ever knew any of the same people, maybe through prison or even if they both knew David Diahl. I know it would be a long shot but I think that if the authorities are looking at the possiblity that Sharon could possibly be Lori then maybe that would be one avenue to go.:twocents:

MacPlus512
12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Mel, now that you mention it, I think David Dial as a middleman may be a pretty good theory. I have a feeling he knows a lot more than he will ever say and I think he (and also Rebecca Barr) are the missing links in the story. Somehow they played into this and who knows, they may have had connections to Hoss or anyone else.

Could Hoss have given Lori/Sharon to Dial or Barr, perhaps? And then FDF obtains her from one of them and just makes up the whole "she was in danger" story?

mel36
12-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Whats puzzling to me is that I don't think we can even locate Rebecca Barr, has anybody been able to? I think that its strange that we have no address on her but I have an idea that may help on that, has anybody been able to do a postal on her at all if not let me know I have the form for doing postals on people I only use them when absolutely legal and needed I think that we are getting to the point where that may become the issue if not already please if anybody has feedback on this idea post them. Other than that I am out of idea's for finding her. I am so convinced that there are more than these two that have had conections with Floyd and know more of what happened. Do we know who Floyd stayed with when he moved with Sharon all those times I mean he had to have money to move and I am sorry but you don't make enough on welfare to move and minumum wage back then was not anything, It takes alot of money to relocate and I am just wondering who Floyd may have recieved help from either through funds or houseing.

Mel, now that you mention it, I think David Dial as a middleman may be a pretty good theory. I have a feeling he knows a lot more than he will ever say and I think he (and also Rebecca Barr) are the missing links in the story. Somehow they played into this and who knows, they may have had connections to Hoss or anyone else.

Could Hoss have given Lori/Sharon to Dial or Barr, perhaps? And then FDF obtains her from one of them and just makes up the whole "she was in danger" story?

tuitsweet
12-20-2006, 05:59 PM
IIRC...in the original Sharon Marshall thread, alot was done to discover 'where' Rebecca is, I think they figured it out finally...you will have to look there for the info, there is alot of info on Rebecca barr.

itsreenw
12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
IIRC...in the original Sharon Marshall thread, alot was done to discover 'where' Rebecca is, I think they figured it out finally...you will have to look there for the info, there is alot of info on Rebecca barr.Tuitsweet, you are right. Much of what is being discussed now was researched over a year ago and can be found at the link below. I added a new "start here" thread directing newbies to the archived thread to save them time. Thousand of hours of research have been done on this case. No need for anyone else to go down a road already traveled.

Link to archived thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Richard
12-22-2006, 02:33 PM
For an interesting discussion on the case of Linda and Lori Peugeot check out this website: Cold Case Investigations...

Link:

http://officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

agentf
12-26-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm sure this possibility has been noted, but I'd like to throw it out there. Has any research been done on Sharon being CYNTHIA SUMPTER? I'm not sure if I can legally post the poster, since I'm new and all, but her info can be found at www.missingkids.com (http://www.missingkids.com) Note the dimple on the chin. I know is some photos it is on the opposite side, but sometimes photos get flipped when being adjusted or put on the web and the age progressed photo shows it on the opposite side. There is a blog on myspace on Sharon and the dimple is so simular. The timing is right and she was from CA, a state Floyd seems to be periodically tied to.

Mr. E
12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
agentf, I believe Cynthia Sumpter has been ruled out. Didn't they use DNA to eliminate her?

kim playfair
12-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I believe that was in ABC.

Dr. Doogie
12-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, Sumpter was ruled out.

itsreenw
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Because of the mishandling of the blood and the uncertainty that the blood submitted for testing was even Sharon's, nobody can really be ruled out as a match.

pittsburghgirl
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
For what it's worth, Jim Hollock gave a talk on the Hoss case at our college last summer. (I am adding a link already given in a post above) http://216.15.229.16/news/full_story.cfm?story_id=16609

Hoss went to his death refusing to say where Lori's body was left. I am sure Hollock would be willing to respond to emails. I have his email address somewhere--or I will ask the head of our Crim. Justice dept. for it when school is in session next week.

pittsburghgirl
01-04-2007, 03:24 AM
I am in constant contact with Jim Hollock, are there questions you have for him? I will be happy to relay this message. He is the absolute in Hoss history.

It makes perfect sense that you would be in touch with Jim. I was just blown away by his presentation last summer; I couldn't stay for the whole question and answer thing, but I wrote him a note and he quite kindly replied to me. In doing some research on another case, I had googled Hoss because the case I had in mind was prior to his 1969 spree--he seemed a person capable of abducting a young girl-and of course turned up the articles by Jim and about his work. Then one day my colleague told me an expert on Stanley Hoss was talking to his class. I was a college freshman in 1969 and I remember vividly how afraid everyone was until he was captured, and so I couldn't miss his talk.

You are so kind to offer to ask him questions for me, but I was thinking more of other people who are interested in Hoss and his bizarre criminal history. Until Jim gets his book out, there really will be no accounts that demonstrate the sheer range of evil things he did.

One question Jim can't do is get inside Hoss's head and figure out why he wouldn't have killed Linda and Lori at the same time--or how he travelled any distance at all with a small child. I wonder if his silence on the location(s) of their bodies might have been cover for the fact that Lori was NOT dead. Just the sort of twisted thing he would think of--to let people THINK she was dead when she wasn't.

PS--we are both up way too late tonight!!

NewMom2003
01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, I would have been, I never got to meet Linda and Lori, I was born after their deaths. There is such a minute possibility that Lori is Sharon, but you just never know. Both Sharon and Lori's stories are completely insane.

Kim, I hope that your uncle and your family get some answers soon. Are there any updates that you are aware of? I've followed the Sharon Marshall case for a few years now and Lori Peugeot is the first missing child that I really feel "could be" Sharon.

Many prayers to your family. Dredging up this horrible tragedy has got to be so painful for them. :angel:

kim playfair
01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, NewMom.
I am the only person in our family who has any interest or tolerance in following up on their case, the loss and the lack of closure for them is more than they can take. Anyone who knew Linda and Lori loved them. They were so loved that it hurts to talk about them for most of my relatives.
I am working with some amazing, truly good people to get their cases entered into the proper places like NCMEC, NCIC, etc.
There is no proof or evidence to prove that Lori is Sharon, and most who know Linda and Lori's case well are skeptical and Hoss was a diabolical man. But there is always that minute chance, since they have never been found.

mel36
01-06-2007, 09:29 AM
There was mention of DNA possibly being compared to Sharon and I know that takes a long time, have you heard anything back from the LE division on this matter Kim?

kim playfair
01-06-2007, 09:58 AM
No, this hasn't been completed yet. This is a long process because there are many persons who have to be contacted as of right now.

smile22
01-06-2007, 06:23 PM
i still have that doubt that the blood we have on hand is even sharons. iwish we could get a soild true sample of dna from sharon to truely rule out anyone that was tested against sharon. is it possible floyd had switched out her blood? got a hold of some random womens blood and switched out the samples? hopefully we will get answers soon as to weather lori is sharon or not

mel36
01-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Won't the court allow for an exhumation of Sharons body so that they can retrieve what DNA they need, I heard they can get it from the pulp of the tooth.

kim playfair
01-07-2007, 05:32 PM
From what I have seen, it would take someone with a whole lot of clout to get any body exhumed. As far as we have heard in the past OK city is not exactly cooperative. Someone would have to do an awful lot of convincing, wouldn't they!?

mel36
01-09-2007, 11:41 AM
What about a petition to the court from ALOT of concerned citizens and possibly someone from the FBI that worked on this case and possibly still does, here's my theory: Filing a petition with the court with petition in hand of several citizens from all over the country, for the purpose of obtaining DNA for comparitive purposes that will inevitably one day solve this case is of extreme importance and it does not hurt to have the news media on hand to witness and film the decision of the court judge if he/she permits such an exhumation and I am wondering if AMW would help in this plight of all things that would be denied it would be embarrasing I think to deny an exhumation for the purpose of retrieveing DNA to keep on hand at an independant lab (for some reason I don't trust it to be kept in OK city police dept possesion) this I realize will take time BUT as long as we are researching and investigating this case anyway then we might as well start something big and keep it going, I don't believe that Sharon or Michael deserve any less.

Richard
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
What about a petition to the court from ALOT of concerned citizens and possibly someone from the FBI that worked on this case and possibly still does, here's my theory: Filing a petition with the court with petition in hand of several citizens from all over the country, for the purpose of obtaining DNA for comparitive purposes that will inevitably one day solve this case...
Any petition or request for exhumation would have to conform strictly with the laws of the State where the body is buried. There are procedures to follow and laws which govern those procedures. Normally, and exhumation requires the permission of the next of kin, and also a solid reason behind the request.

In this case, it is obvious that no one knows who her next of kin is. There may be some provision for doing this as you suggest, but it must be researched and stated specifically in the petition.

There is also the matter of cost to consider, as this would be another barrier to overcome.

A case for exhumation would have to be worded in such a way that the origional DNA is put into doubt and a list of possible matches should also be submitted, along with statements from those missing persons' next of kin.

mel36
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
When the paternity test was done by Roche Biomedical Labs they concluded that Sharon was definately the mother of Michael but that Floyd could not in any way be the father. I wonder how long the lab keeps records or if they do on Paternity tests. I might have to make a call to just ask them a general question pertaining to the above without giving names. what do you guys think?

Richard
01-10-2007, 11:52 PM
When the paternity test was done by Roche Biomedical Labs they concluded that Sharon was definately the mother of Michael but that Floyd could not in any way be the father. I wonder how long the lab keeps records or if they do on Paternity tests. I might have to make a call to just ask them a general question pertaining to the above without giving names. what do you guys think?
You could certainly ask about their procedures. I think that DNA labs which do paternity tests tend to have strict limitations on what is done with samples and how far tests are conducted.

For instance, I know that one such lab would do a two-way or a three-way comparison of DNA (for paternity determination), but they requried that it all testing be done at the same time for those samples. Of course, all parties had to agree to such testing in advance.

There are probably strict legal requirements and regulations regarding DNA paternity testing. And storage of DNA samples past the comparison and report is probably NOT done. A typical Paternity test will look at several specific map areas of samples for comparison, and not at ALL points. Basically, they look close enough to see if there is a match or not, and then stop looking and make their report.

I am speaking from the perspective of normal paternity tests conducted for consenting persons - not from the point of a police investigation which compells the testing. So in the case of Sharon, Floyd, and the baby different rules or laws might apply.

itsreenw
01-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Any petition or request for exhumation would have to conform strictly with the laws of the State where the body is buried. There are procedures to follow and laws which govern those procedures. Normally, and exhumation requires the permission of the next of kin, and also a solid reason behind the request.

In this case, it is obvious that no one knows who her next of kin is. There may be some provision for doing this as you suggest, but it must be researched and stated specifically in the petition.

There is also the matter of cost to consider, as this would be another barrier to overcome.

A case for exhumation would have to be worded in such a way that the origional DNA is put into doubt and a list of possible matches should also be submitted, along with statements from those missing persons' next of kin.I contacted the FBI and submitted a copy of a letter from Jerry Nance of NCMEC to another member here stating that Sharon's DNA that was submitted to NCMEC was not a good sample. Before they got it from OCPD it was lost, then miraculously found and had not been stored properly, therefore rendering it degraded. The letter also stated that funding would be provided for an exhumation but OK LE showed no interest.

I added the fact that there are a number of families that are agonizing over not knowing whether Sharon was their daughter, sister, etc... and that many cases were falsely excluded by that degraded DNA sample. I didn't send a list of names but said one could be provided if necessary. I told them I didn't know which agency had the authority to order the exhumation so I was asking them to advise me who to contact or take the matter on themselves since this effects cases from all over the country.

Of course I haven't heard anything back from them. I will post if/when I do.

mel36
01-11-2007, 11:10 AM
When did you make the request itsreenw?
I contacted the FBI and submitted a copy of a letter from Jerry Nance of NCMEC to another member here stating that Sharon's DNA that was submitted to NCMEC was not a good sample. Before they got it from OCPD it was lost, then miraculously found and had not been stored properly, therefore rendering it degraded. The letter also stated that funding would be provided for an exhumation but OK LE showed no interest.

I added the fact that there are a number of families that are agonizing over not knowing whether Sharon was their daughter, sister, etc... and that many cases were falsely excluded by that degraded DNA sample. I didn't send a list of names but said one could be provided if necessary. I told them I didn't know which agency had the authority to order the exhumation so I was asking them to advise me who to contact or take the matter on themselves since this effects cases from all over the country.

Of course I haven't heard anything back from them. I will post if/when I do.

itsreenw
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
When did you make the request itsreenw?The end of last month. I am searching through my emails so I can post a copy of what I sent.

Richard
02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
This article discusses Linda and Lori's case and has details about a book being written (in 2003) by author Hollock about Stanley Barton Hoss. Photos of the author and of Hoss can be seen by clicking on the below link.

-----------------------------------
Friday, October 03, 2003
Corrections manager chronicling convicted slayer's saga
Pennsylvania man didn't stand trial for local killingsSam Shawver

Times-News Staffwriter
CUMBERLAND — It was Sept. 22, 1969, and the next day would be 2-year-old Lori Mae Peugeot’s birthday. She had just finished some birthday shopping with mother Linda at King’s Department Store (now Giant Eagle supermarket) in LaVale. Mother and daughter were living with relatives in Bel Air while Linda’s husband, Gerald, was doing a tour of duty with the U.S. Navy. But this would prove to be Linda and Lori’s final shopping trip.
From a vehicle he had stolen that day in Wheeling, W.Va., 26-year-old Stanley Barton Hoss anxiously watched as mother and daughter crossed the LaVale parking lot. He was apparently carrying the same handgun that he had used to kill a police officer in Verona, Pa., three days earlier. As Lori Mae and Linda climbed into their late-model Pontiac GTO, Hoss, brandishing the weapon, walked up to the car and demanded a ride. The last words heard from Linda were, “All right, but you won’t hurt us, will you?”

Hoss ordered the woman to drive him to Canada, but somewhere along U.S. Route 219 in Pennsylvania, concern for her daughter’s safety caused Linda to pull off the roadway. When she told Hoss that she could go no farther, he shot and killed her, dumped her body into the trunk, and placed Lori Mae in the back seat.

Some days later he also murdered the child. The bodies were never found, and Hoss, who was captured in Iowa within two weeks and later confessed to the kidnapping and murders, was never brought to trial for killing Linda and Lori Mae Peugeot due to a Maryland court ruling that authorities violated his right to a speedy trial.

“The Maryland Court of Special Appeals said Hoss’ rights were trampled on and the kidnapping charges against him must be dismissed,” said Jim Hollock, author of a new book tentatively titled, “It’s a Hanging Matter,” chronicling the criminal life of Hoss. Hollock is a unit manager for the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections at Western Penitentiary in Pittsburgh.

“This is not a ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ type of book,” he said. “Although Stanley Hoss is a common thread throughout the book, I can talk about issues like media coverage, capital punishment, ethics and penal systems. We can discuss law officers of those days who were often local boys with few qualifications.”

In his book, which is about half-finished, Hollock traces Hoss, who grew up in Tarentum, Pa., from his earliest misdemeanors to a daring escape from an Allegheny County (Pa.) jail where he was being held on a rape charge, and on to the murderous rampage that led to the deaths of Verona police officer Joseph Zanella and Linda and Lori Peugeot.

Although he was never tried for the Peugeot murders, Hoss was convicted for the cop killing and sentenced to life in prison. But his killings didn’t end there. In 1973, at Western Penitentiary, Hoss conspired with fellow inmates in the brutal murder of corrections officer Lt. Walter Peterson. He was transferred to an isolation facility in Philadelphia where, in 1978, Hoss hanged himself.

“He started out as a local thug in the Pittsburgh area,” Hollock told teacher Roni Ringler’s criminal justice class at Fort Hill High School on Thursday morning. Hollock was in the Cumberland area to gather more background information for his book.

“Hoss was a sixth-grade dropout who became a burglar, thief and ruffian, but was not considered dangerous then,” said Hollock. But within eight months in 1969, Hoss was on the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted” list and became the subject of an intense nationwide manhunt. He said the Hoss story has continued to resurface at various times over the past 34 years.

“We hear about murders all the time,” Hollock told the students. “We watch the evening news and hear that someone has killed someone else. Then we get up from the television, go make a sandwich and soon forget the name of the killer as we go on with our lives. “But some murders reach such notoriety that they stick with us, hanging like a mist over the mountains,” he said. “That seems to be the case with Stanley Hoss.”

LINK:

flower1969
02-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Has there been any word yet on the DnA tests of Sharon Marshall/ Peugeot family? I have been checking here but there has not even been any new posts for a while? Please advise if results are in?

kim playfair
03-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, Flower, did you know someone involved with the Hoss case?

Astara
03-01-2007, 07:09 AM

If he kept her for 6 days, did he feed her and change her? i seem to remember reading that he was sighted at a restaurant. If this is true what did the child have to eat and how? i certaintly cant see him sitting with her feeding her, can you?
i have to agree he isnt the type to hang on to anyone, i reckon he would just get rid as fast as possible and move on. I would love to know more about Surdyke and if he had any family that may have seen that child.

Astara
03-01-2007, 07:17 AM
does anyone know the results of the blood group in the back of the car ( the boot ) ?

flower1969
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Kim no I know no one from the case. I found linda and loris case when I was searching for possibilites on Sharon Marshall. I have been following hers for a while but had never posted before as I had nothing to add. I just think as many others do that there are resemblances.

flower1969
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Has the DNA test come back yet? If not does anyone have any idea how long that takes?

Bobbisangel
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
They have been mentioned in the Sharon Marshall forum because age&looks have suggested Lori could be Sharon. The book that Jim Hollock is writing is going to be getting published soon.

How could Lori be Sharon Marshall? Wasn't Lori just a little girl and wasn't Linda the mother? I thought that Sharon Marshall died when she was much older and had a child of her own or am I mixed up?

Cubby
03-12-2007, 12:47 AM
How could Lori be Sharon Marshall? Wasn't Lori just a little girl and wasn't Linda the mother? I thought that Sharon Marshall died when she was much older and had a child of her own or am I mixed up?
Sharon was a young girl when kidnapped. Although not as young as little Lori. No account for the years between when Lori was kidnapped and when it's suspected "Sharon" was acquired/kidnapped. Athough floyd always stated Sharons mothers name was Linda...... may just be coincidence, or Floyd may have known of this story and used it too as an alias.

flower1969
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
It has been a while now. Has the DNA test been finished yet? Please let us know what is going on with the case?

kim playfair
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I am Lori Peugeot's cousin. From the Peugeot Family, I will make this statement:
We have gone through all the proper channels to have their case listed and all the LE's know all about everything. The authorities are dealing with what needs to be dealt with. Anyone who bothers my uncle or any other family member is not going to like the results. LE is aware of the fact that people have been bothering him.
When we get anything that is permitted to be released to the public, he will do that. Thank you for those of you who actually care about the broken hearts of my family who have lived through the tragedy of losing Linda and Lori. The family is not interested in reliving this and is not welcoming any unsolicited calls or letters.
For anyone who doesn't know, dna and other types of tests take months and months.

pedinurse
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I am Lori Peugeot's cousin. From the Peugeot Family, I will make this statement:
We have gone through all the proper channels to have their case listed and all the LE's know all about everything. The authorities are dealing with what needs to be dealt with. Anyone who bothers my uncle or any other family member is not going to like the results. LE is aware of the fact that people have been bothering him.
When we get anything that is permitted to be released to the public, he will do that. Thank you for those of you who actually care about the broken hearts of my family who have lived through the tragedy of losing Linda and Lori. The family is not interested in reliving this and is not welcoming any unsolicited calls or letters.
For anyone who doesn't know, dna and other types of tests take months and months.

????

There were two months between the above posts asking for updates. Pretty innocent. I don't take asking on an independent thread as the individual above did if anyone is hearing anything as "bothering the family." I kind of take the above post as threatening almost. Geez.

Deidre

annemc2
05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I think that Kim was using the fourm as a means to convey in a general sense that the family does not wish to be contacted in any way, shape, or form. Sounds to me like people were calling, mailing, or otherwise contacting the family outside of Websleuths (and other places on the internet) and harrassing them. In other words, the post wasn't directed at Flower 1969 or other innocuous update requests. Just asking for respect for the family as this is a very troubling time for them, dredging up all of this pain from the past.

timetravel
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
i'm sure it is, but why use our forum - several places in our forum i might add - to convey an unfriendly message - most of us i think have not "bothered" her family in any way.....

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
i'm sure it is, but why use our forum - several places in our forum i might add - to convey an unfriendly message - most of us i think have not "bothered" her family in any way.....

I know what you mean timetravel, seemed a little bit like, leave us alone, we don't care...strange. I guess I'm just used to cases where the family wants it solved and appreciate any help.

poppypetals
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
She did not just post that message here !! Lori's dad's wife and child were shot, he found out she lived for a while and bled out in the trunk of her own car, lost most of her blood contents in the trunk, he also found out his 2 year old daughter was most likely shot and possibly worse.

There are people calling him, this is the only place his name was posted.

Can you imagine if this happened to someone in your family and people off of here were calling them.

The family has done absolutely everything they could do back then and now to have this all investigated. I cannot believe the comments I am reading here.

mjak
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
It is never the intention of anyone I have met at websleuths to upset or revictimize the familiy members of any missing or murdered person. Family members should have every right to request that their family members situation not be part of websleuths. I think prehaps this might be the best solution in this case because clearly the family is feeling traumatized by attention they percieve as being initiated thru publicity garnered by the thread of websleuths.
IF Kim playfair is a designated family spoksmen prehaps she should be given the option to have this thread locked outof respect for the family. IF she is not an official spokesperson then in my opinion it is not a good idea to lock this thread because that infringes on the right to free speech upon which so much of what we do at websleuths is enabled. I would hope that all people are respectful of each other. This includes not only people who might be disregarding boundaries and intrudding upon a family who has been so traumatized; but, also a family memeber who is trying to protect her family but who's message has been interrpurted as rude by a majority of peoples who's only agenda was really to help. Let us not harbor on the negative but foces on the positive.

mjak

poppypetals
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Mjak, I respectfully agree with everything that you said. The problem is, there are certain people who do not have the intelligence to realize that Dna takes a long time. They are calling, even though it has been made very clear on this forum that Dna testing is underway. They do not have the patience to simply wait. It has been made very clear and I think the family is losing patience with the phone calls.

They have also barraged Maryland's Missing with phonecalls reporting this as a match for Sharon Marshall. Can they not clearly read and understand that obviously if DNA testing is already underway, this has all been done before ?? I can in no way understand the actions of these people. They have also called Western Penitentiary asking for Jim Hollock. It is just intrusive and wrong. There is a point where wishing to help becomes "I'm too impatient"

All of this has been made abundantly clear more than once. I do not blame Kim for losing her temper at all.

mjak
05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Mjak, I respectfully agree with everything that you said. The problem is, there are certain people who do not have the intelligence to realize that Dna takes a long time. They are calling, even though it has been made very clear on this forum that Dna testing is underway. They do not have the patience to simply wait. It has been made very clear and I think the family is losing patience with the phone calls.

They have also barraged Maryland's Missing with phonecalls reporting this as a match for Sharon Marshall. Can they not clearly read and understand that obviously if DNA testing is already underway, this has all been done before ?? I can in no way understand the actions of these people. They have also called Western Penitentiary asking for Jim Hollock. It is just intrusive and wrong. There is a point where wishing to help becomes "I'm too impatient"

All of this has been made abundantly clear more than once. I do not blame Kim for losing her temper at all.

In this world their are always people who just do not seem to get it. Fortunitly, these folks are usually the minority and not the majority. Professiional organisations such as Maryland's Missing and Prisons I am sure are quite use to dealing with the annoying, misguided and obseesed and are probably not losing any sleep or over the antics of a misguided personor two . I Find it hard to beleive that their could be so many people acting inappropriatly that it justifies losing ones temper at all. I personally would rather have the help of the many , even those who are annoying and misguided then silencing all and prehaps missing out on the one piece of information that could be the key to bringing home a missing person or brigning answers to a traumatized family. Prehaps the real answer here is that we all need tolerance. Tolerance for the misugided who drive us nuts and the stressed and upset who alow there emotions to produce an emotionlay charged response where one might not have been called for.

mjak

poppypetals
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
His wife and daughter were murdered !!

There is no possible reason for anyone to be calling him. If they have a tip, they should be calling the police.

And we are talking about hundreds of calls. This is the sad truth, like it or not, believe it or not.

NewMom2003
05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
She did not just post that message here !! Lori's dad had his wife shot, he found out she lived for a while and bled out in the trunk of her own car, lost most of her blood contents in the trunk, he also found out his 2 year old daughter was most likely shot and possibly worse.

I'm confused about this. Are you saying the father was involved in their disappearance or is this a mistake?

poppypetals
05-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes, I did definately say that wrong. I meant his wife and daughter were killed by Stanley Hoss. It could be taken two ways.

The point is, authorities have been made aware of the possibility (remote possibility) that Sharon is a match for Lori. Dna testing is underway.

I wanted to say at this point, there were at least 5 other little girls that went missing in that time period that have not been tested and are not listed anywhere. I thought this is what you all were supposed to be doing.

If everyone is so interested in the Sharon Marshall case, why is it that no one is trying to find out where Floyd was between 1973-1975 ? Why is no one trying to find little girls that went missing in that time period ?? Why is everyone focusing all of this energy on the case that is being checked. I think law enforcement officials are more than capable of determining whether or not this is a match, and making any connection between Stanley Hoss and Franklin Floyd, and if no one has any faith in LE, then why are we all even bothering. These people have careers doing this, they do it every day, they live it, they solve cases.

There has been an extraordinary match for Linda Peugeot made and no one is even bothering to look. Do not the rest of these cases matter ?? I have seen just downright meanness involved with this whole Sharon Marshall case, and it's sad, because everyone that knew her said what a sweet, kind-hearted person she was, I don't think she would ever want this.

tuitsweet
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Poppypetals...For once, SOMEBODY, finally gets IT !!!
I, for one applaud you
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, I did definately say that wrong. I meant his wife and daughter were killed by Stanley Hoss. It could be taken two ways.

The point is, authorities have been made aware of the possibility (remote possibility) that Sharon is a match for Lori. Dna testing is underway.

I wanted to say at this point, there were at least 5 other little girls that went missing in that time period that have not been tested and are not listed anywhere. I thought this is what you all were supposed to be doing.

If everyone is so interested in the Sharon Marshall case, why is it that no one is trying to find out where Floyd was between 1973-1975 ? Why is no one trying to find little girls that went missing in that time period ?? Why is everyone focusing all of this energy on the case that is being checked. I think law enforcement officials are more than capable of determining whether or not this is a match, and making any connection between Stanley Hoss and Franklin Floyd, and if no one has any faith in LE, then why are we all even bothering. These people have careers doing this, they do it every day, they live it, they solve cases.

There has been an extraordinary match for Linda Peugeot made and no one is even bothering to look. Do not the rest of these cases matter ?? I have seen just downright meanness involved with this whole Sharon Marshall case, and it's sad, because everyone that knew her said what a sweet, kind-hearted person she was, I don't think she would ever want this.

mjak
05-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Why are their expectations has to how much time and what kind of involvment individuals should be or should not be giving to a case? I think anyone who takes the time to help , irregardless iof what that help is should be appreciated. Their should be no judgements as to the quailty or quanity of help expected. Clearly, people have to act in a reasonsable manner and there is no exucse for anyone harrasing the family of a murdered women and missing child. However, I doubt the majority of people who read here are doing that. I am sorry you seem to be so angry. I hate to see anger spewed in this forum or any forum because it becomes a detterant and the negative energy does take away from the good work we all try to do here.

mjak

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Poppypetals, I can understand where you are coming from. It would be hard enough without strangers calling and asking for information that you have already had to tell LE multiple times. If you can get a name and/or a phone number for the callers you can take that to a site moderator. If they are members here the mods should be able to help put a stop to it.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Poppypetals, I can understand where you are coming from. It would be hard enough without strangers calling and asking for information that you have already had to tell LE multiple times. If you can get a name and/or a phone number for the callers you can take that to a site moderator. If they are members here the mods should be able to help put a stop to it.

Thanks Mysteriew, I think the family plans to file suit against any further calls. I was going to say, I believe some of these calls are from people who aren't even members here, because there is no way that many people, that are members here, could have participated in this.

I am not angry, I am frustrated. When the father was initially contacted, he felt Lori bore a resemblance to Sharon, and was willing to do anything it took to right a wrong, so to speak. Then, he started getting hit with all of these calls, and completely turned around on the subject.

He is a very "keeps to himself" type of person. A very respectful, kind person. He did not at that point anymore want anything to do with it, I think he felt there was going to be this huge spectacle, with media at his door every minute and such. It almost blew the whole thing. Locating Linda's DNA from the trunk of the car would be next to impossible, and she has hardly any family, her parents are no longer with us, only one half sibling. The father was all there was. These calls almost blew it !! So, yes, I am just a little shocked that so many people would feel it is their place to make calls about something they did not even discover.

Imagine if you made a match to an unidentified on here, mentioned it on here, then called to report the tip, and found out 100 people already reported it, and LE were quite angry about all of the calls. It was sort of like that, except for it wasn't just a match with an unknown person. This is a very precious family, a family I really care about.

flower1969
05-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I am sorry if it seemed that I was unaware of how long it took for DNA tests to come back. I did not mean to upset anyone. As the first post that said they were going to do the DNA tests was posted on 12-17-06 and I asked on 2-28-07 I was asking more for an update like did they find a family member that would be a great match, like a female from Lindas family. Then I did not ask again until 5-3-07 a little over two months later. I figured they were trying to find the best match. I have never called the family or LE. I am sorry if anything I did or said on here has upset the grieving family of these two beautiful people. I do realize how long it takes for things like that to be done as we waited for months for results on the autopsy done on my cousin (and there was no DNA test to wait on). Please again forgive me if I have upset the family.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
... When the father was initially contacted, he felt Lori bore a resemblance to Sharon, and was willing to do anything it took to right a wrong, so to speak. Then, he started getting hit with all of these calls, and completely turned around on the subject.

He is a very "keeps to himself" type of person. A very respectful, kind person. He did not at that point anymore want anything to do with it, I think he felt there was going to be this huge spectacle, with media at his door every minute and such. It almost blew the whole thing.....

Poppypetals, do you know this family personally? Are you a relative? I was wondering where you got the above referenced information. Did the Father tell you this, or did you read it somewhere? Just curious. Poor guy, if I was getting 100's of calls, I would probably just get an unlisted phone number.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes, I am a friend of the family.

There is definately no way Linda Peugeot survived this, the mass of blood that was found in the car and in the trunk of the car directly correlated with Hoss confession that he shot her in the car and then placed her in the trunk. There is no way anyone could lose that much blood and survive.

Why would Linda, who had a wonderful life, suddenly choose to abandon her child, husband, family and go off somewhere unknown ? That doesn't make any sense to me.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Hoss confessed that he shot Linda in the car and then placed her in the trunk. When the car was recovered at the time of Hoss' arrest, the blood was tested and proven to be the blood type of Linda. There is no doubt it was her blood. He said he buried her in a dump. I do not believe he buried her in a dump.

He was then sited across the United States, signing in to motels, accompanied by a small blonde haired girl about 2-years-old. He signed in to these motels using his name and the name of his brother-in-law. There is no doubt about these sightings or that the little girl was with him. He had Lori for the next five or six days, at which time, he confessed he killed her as well and put her body at a different dump.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Remember this was 1969, there was no DNA testing. While the evidence from the trunk was most likely kept for a while, it is now 2007, and unlikely that it still exists.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Linda's husband was stationed down south in the United States during her kidnapping. He was notified, came home immediately, and made statements to the media begging for the release of his wife and daughter. They were a very happy close-knit family and there is no possibility that the scenario you suggest is what the reality was.

Absolutely no possibility.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Descriptions

Linda Mae Peugot
21 years old
five feet tall
96 pounds
blonde hair/blue eyes
last seen wearing light blue sweater with bellbotton slacks with shoulder straps and a black and white checked blouse.

Lori Mae Peugot
2 years old
30 inches tall
weighs 21 pounds
blonde hair/blue eyes
hair cut in bangs.

Linda was also described in this way

White Female, Age 21
D.O.B 3/28/1948

height/ 5'1"

Weight/ 90 lbs.

Hair Colored blonde, natural hair color light brown, hazel eyes

Wearing dark blue or black bell-bottom slacks, a light blue or white long sleeve sweater with buttons.

Panty hose, a size 32 cup A bra and probably padded.

Pierced earings, a wide white gold wedding band, and probably a charm bracelet, description unknown

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Even if the evidence from the trunk of the car was found, it would still take 4-6 months for it to be processed. It is this amount of time now that we are looking at, hopefully it will be sooner. You must understand also, the family, who all those years ago, lost these two precious individuals, were faced with having to move on with their lives with no resolution. It is very difficult, in this year 2007, to have this all dredged up again. They are now facing the possibility of Linda and Lori finally being found. I imagine on one hand, this will bring closure, but on the other hand, and more predominantly, this is a horrible thing to go through.

pedinurse
05-10-2007, 01:32 PM

I don't think anyone here is obligated to do anything. That includes calling family members, which I would think inappropriate. Isn't there something on the boards here that people AREN'T supposed to do that? Common sense tells me that most people have decency not to do that. And how are HUNDREDS of people getting this person's contact information?

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Because his name was posted on here, and his number is listed.

I don't think there is any rule about contacting people, I think you just have to use good judgement. I also think you should only call about the possible leads you personally are responsible for finding. This really would be helpful for everyone in the future to keep in mind. What is a really bad thing, is I suspect there are people that are not even members here, reporting on tips that are being made on this whole forum, possibly even media are reading and phoning. There is no way to stop any of this, except for to not post anything on here in the first place.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Because his name was posted on here, and his number is listed.

It could be people from here bothering him, but I just did a simple search using the last name only with the state posted on the missing file...Very easy to find him without a first name. Anyone on any board could easily contact him wether his name was posted here or not. To assume it was only people from WS is pretty out there.

I do feel for the family, what a terrible tragedy, but if Mr. Peugeot wants to put this behind him, he might concider a private telephone number. That should help with all the annoying phone calls at least.

poppypetals
05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
There has never been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries about the Peugeot case. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying, I am finished with this moronic discussion.

MagicRose99
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
In my perspective, WS'ers are generally aware that they are not to contact victim's families unless invited directly to do so.

To someone to come into the forum/thread and accuse us without any proof of such insensitivity, isn't the way to go. What should have been done was to post a respectful post about how the family would like privacy and any "leads" be directed to LE.

I'm sure, in all of Cyberland, WS isn't the only place this is being discussed. Any individual who fancies him/herself an "amateur sleuth" could have taken it upon him/herself ,without benifit of guidence, and tried to get info from the family...

WS has taught all of us a lot... up to and including respecting victim's families and their right to privacy. I doubt very much that anyone from here would harass this family.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
There has never been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries about the Peugeot case. Are you even paying attention to what you are saying, I am finished with this moronic discussion.

I'm sorry, please excuse me, I was terribly wrong. I apologize for confusing the Peugots with Nayleen Kay Marshall. (I've been following her tragic case as well) I will go back and correct my post. Please give my condolences to Mr. Peugeot. I'm sure your calls to the family are not considered bothersome.

pedinurse
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM

wow. then you should leave and stop posting on the board if it's upsetting you. i can't believe you're talking to people who probably just really want to help your cause in this manner. call people - strangers that is - "morons" is NOT the way to get what you want done! a nicely worded message - that is not threatening - would have gotten any point across.
it seems that most people here have the sense - and are not morons - not to contact family members. I am going to to defend websleuths members here and say that I don't think that any member of this community would harrass a family. we do have a lot of people who are not members that do look on the boards though. so, that's a real possibility as you said above. heck, i lurked for at least a year before i got signed up (and even then i had registration - username issues and didn't post for a long time!)
This seems to be a little known, very cold case. I just ran across it due to the Sharon Marshall discussion, and that was pretty recently. Of course, I don't know anyone in this case (and I haven't contacted anyone about anything - this case or otherwise!) but I personally feel doubtful that this case is receiving enough attention at this point to warrant "hundreds" of phone calls.
I'm sorry that this been this way and that there has been a LOT of grief for your family in this. Maybe some resolution will occur soon. I hope so for all of your family and friends who are directly involved in this.

mjak
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
The only thing I find mornic about this discussion is all the time and energy being spent on it when we could be helping to find missing people. My only reason for even posting regarding this discussion is that I would hate for anyone to be deterred from doing all the good work websleuths does because a fustrated members angry post. It goes with out questioning that no one should ever contact a family of a missing or murdered person unless invited to do so. There is no excuse for anyone who has done this and done it repeatidly. However, I do not think that issue is a reflection of websleuths or the majority of the members here. I do not understand the statement that only people who find a tip should be the one to call it it. How does one know that someone else has allready called in that tip and why does that even matter? There is a huge difference between calling in a tip and calling 100 times. The latter is harrrasment and is of couse unexceptable but no one should be afriad to call in a tip because he or she might not have been the one and only person to find this piece of information. The focus of our efforts should always be on the missing and when, how we "speak" to one another and what we request interfeers with those efforts then I think we need to reexamine what we have said. Intrestedwomen, please do not apologize for mixing up two cases. All human beings make mystakes and people need to feel free to make mystakes here so they can be comfortable sharing ideas and theories and challenging the likley to discover the solutions. Once we alow the flow of ideas and thoughts to be stifled by ridicule, anger and judgmentalism we are in effect stifeling the ability of websleuths to be the wonderful tool it is in helping the missing.

mjak

kim playfair
05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi all, I want to apologize for my offensive comment. I have been asked by my family members to please stop anyone from bothering them- especially my uncle. I only wanted to make it clear that things are being done by LE (NCMEC, Maryland State Police and possibly on up) with regards to their case. Poppypetals is a close friend of mine and she has said all the correct info about the case. Thanks for your support, your caring and kindness and I am sorry I "snapped". There is so much pressure to squash the attention on Linda and Lori from the people who were closest to them. It is nice to me that so many people would like to help. Sorry.

mjak
05-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi all, I want to apologize for my offensive comment. I have been asked by my family members to please stop anyone from bothering them- especially my uncle. I only wanted to make it clear that things are being done by LE (NCMEC, Maryland State Police and possibly on up) with regards to their case. Poppypetals is a close friend of mine and she has said all the correct info about the case. Thanks for your support, your caring and kindness and I am sorry I "snapped". There is so much pressure to squash the attention on Linda and Lori from the people who were closest to them. It is nice to me that so many people would like to help. Sorry.

As I stated before we all make mystakes, me all snap and certanitly it is understandable how you feel about protecting your love ones. lets just move on from here and get back to the business of helping the missing.

mjak

flower1969
05-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I agree with mjak lets just move on. I also agree that it was probably not even WS members making the phone calls. Or that at least it was not WS members from this thread doing it. I also read for over a year before registering and posting. Newbees need to be directed (nicely) to read the threads completely and any old threads that would be helpful. As we might get something new from a newbee (we do not want to lose any potential amateur slueths do we?)we would not want to chase them off.

flower1969
05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Were the dumps in the place he was supposed to have dumped lindas body in like the big ones we have now? Or were they like the ones in my area here had back then? Just a bunch of junk dumped down a hill? I know that may sound stupid to some of you but actually if it was like the old dumps here then her remains might just be recovered someday or could have been already and remains were dated wrong?

flower1969
08-18-2007, 07:16 PM
kim playfair I am wondering if you are following this thread anymore or anyone else for that matter. There have been no posts since my last post. As I have not asked for an update since 2-28-2007 on the DNA tests and it is 8-18-2007 (six more months)I thought maybe they might have at least let your family know how much longer before they actually do the test or finish the test.

kim playfair
08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello, there is nothing new to report. No test results have been released at this point. The DNA lab is backed up so there is no way to tell when they will have any info. Also, it will be up to LE and my uncle to release info to the public when they want...

Dr. Doogie
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Kim:

Depending on how much news coverage your family is anticipating if there is a match, it would be wise to have a strategy for release in place (if your uncle and LE decide to release the results at all). The media, left to their own devices, will chew up the average family in this sort of situation. Take control of the situation early, do what needs to happen without interference before any public announcement is made, designate a single family spokesperson (someone who can go toe-to-toe with a pack of hyenas) and demand that this spokesperson will be the only source of information from the family. And if things get out of control, have the local LE run the press vultures away from your front door.

flower1969
08-25-2007, 09:27 AM
I am praying for your uncle that Sharon was not his daughter. My following of Sharons case also makes me want him to be for Sharon so she will have her identity. But most of all I pray that he will be left alone either way if that is what he wishes. I hope that at least if she turns out to be his daughter that at maybe he will get to meet and maybe have a relationship with the daughterSharon adopted out to the people in Louisiana. Seems it would have been faster to have Montel or someone pay for DNA on your uncle and this girl and it would have been done quicker?

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
08-25-2007, 03:26 PM
I am praying for your uncle that Sharon was not his daughter. My following of Sharons case also makes me want him to be for Sharon so she will have her identity. But most of all I pray that he will be left alone either way if that is what he wishes. I hope that at least if she turns out to be his daughter that at maybe he will get to meet and maybe have a relationship with the daughterSharon adopted out to the people in Louisiana. Seems it would have been faster to have Montel or someone pay for DNA on your uncle and this girl and it would have been done quicker?
I know what you mean Flower...If I learned anything from the Anna Nichole saga is that you can get a DNA test for $450 with results in less than a week from dozens of independent labs across the country. It's sad that LE doesn't refer paternity type DNA comparison to independent labs to help lighten their load. Not only would it be much faster, it probably would be less expensive for the tax payer.

AfterMidnight
08-27-2007, 12:25 AM
I had a cousin who was mudered in the mid-sixties so I can relate. I was in my twenties when she was killed and I knew her quite well. Her body was found floating in a river and her picture was on TV for several days before anyone identified her. Her killer was never found.

Her case makes Unsolved and Most Wanted every 5 or 6 years or so. Once, they let a man out of jail whom they "suspected" of killing her and about 14 other young women. Well, out came the APB, America's Most Wanted again, and a host of reporters. My phone rang constantly and I even had people knocking on my doors. So, I can relate to a lot of this, but it didn't upset me very much. So much time had passed that life had gone on and it wasn't a sharp pain any more. It upset my aunt more than it did me, but she's in her eighties and sees the publicity more as an embarassment than anything else.

A couple of years ago I got a phone call from the sister of another missing girl and she wanted justice, if possible. She called me several times with wild stories - but who knows????? She emailed for a few months then that was the end of that.

Yeah, you do get some whackos, and on some topic threads on websleuths the posters DO contact the grieving parties through email and are proud of it even though it isn't to express sympathy or support.

Yes, I can relate, but I relate to both sides. The only thing I ask is some of the posters READ what went before. I had to and it took hours, but I did it so I wouldn't ask the same old over and over and over again.

IntriguedAmI
10-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Hello, there is nothing new to report. No test results have been released at this point. The DNA lab is backed up so there is no way to tell when they will have any info. Also, it will be up to LE and my uncle to release info to the public when they want...

It was been an awfully long time to wait for DNA results. It would appear to me from the above statement that perhaps they have indeed come back, just not "released" yet. There's also been no word of late from those who have put so much research ino this case - I may be suspicious but I think maybe there is a match that is not being made public. If this is the case - can you please just let us know and put us out of our misery!

annemc2
10-30-2007, 01:05 AM
As of 10/7/07, the DNA results have not come back - still waiting... :(

IntriguedAmI
10-30-2007, 05:15 AM
Oh dear. Still! Thanks for the update.

Gina_M
12-09-2007, 11:33 PM
DNA results are in. Lori's DNA was run through CODIS, and there were no matches.

christine2448
12-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Update: Results are in on DNA for Lori Peugeot, her DNA was run through CODIS on 11/13, I have information from family member that there were no hits/matches.

Please keep everyone in your prayers.

Richard
09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
This case will be 40 YEARS old this month...

alknon
06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
These photo's that look like Lori & Linda Peugeot were found by police in serial killer Rodney Alcala's storage unit.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-alcala-photo-gallery,0,2466584.photogallery

forthelost
06-26-2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.forthelost.org/calikids/Peugeot.doc

Kat
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Bump

This month will mark 41 years that Lori and Linda have been missing. Come home soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1948/0/
Linda NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2028/1/
Lori NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

Richard
09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
44 years ago and still missing...

Richard
03-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Case Recap...

------------------------------------
Linda Mae Peugeot
Missing since September 22, 1969 from LaVale, Allegany County, Maryland

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 96 lbs.
Clothing: Light blue sweater; bellbotton slacks with shoulder straps and a black and white checked blouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lori Mae Peugeot
Missing since September 22, 1969 from LaVale, Allegany County, Maryland

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 23, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 30"; 21 lbs.

--------------------------------
Circumstances of Disappearance

Linda and Lori Peugeot were last seen on September 22, 1969 in LaVale, MD.

The two were allegedly kidnapped and murdered by Stanley B. Hoss Jr., a convicted cop-killer who grabbed the mother and daughter in the parking lot of the former King’s Department Store in LaVale on September 22, 1969.

Linda Peugeot was a waitress at Warner’s. The bodies were never recovered.

-------------------

Further information:

Stanley Hoss committed two brutal rapes with a man named Richard Surdyk, and for those crimes, Hoss was incarcerated.

Hoss escaped with a man named Thomas Lubresky. They got a ride from a man Lubresky later identified as George Kane to the house of an invalid woman named Amanda Riddle. She gave them clothes and money.

After his subsequent capture, Hoss confessed to police that after he abducted Linda and Lori, he shot Linda Peugeot almost immediately in the side and in the head. He stated that she bled out in the trunk of the car.

According to police, there were, in fact, huge amounts of blood in the trunk.

Stanley Hoss' brother Harold Hoss was living in Chicago when this kidnapping occurred. Harold Hoss is also a convicted felon.

-----------------------------------

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Allegany County Sheriffs Office
301-777-5959

Or

Maryland State Police
Cumberland Barrack "C"
301-729-2101

Source Information:

Maryland Missing
Cumberland Times-News