PDA

View Full Version : Eight year old tortured to death by his mother

cinsbythesea
10-31-2006, 08:52 AM
This was in this morning's SF Chronicle - made me furious and sad at the same time...http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/31/BAGHVM343F1.DTL

That poor little boy. I hope they throw the book at his mother - literally!

southcitymom
10-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Prayers to this family and may the little boy rest in peace. It sounds like her daughter was not abused. Wonder if she had a resentment against her son or men in general?

Runningwild
10-31-2006, 09:15 AM
They should do to her what she done to that little boy. That's really sad. Children are precious gifts from God. It's really sad that parents are doing such crazy things to their kids. He is a cute little fellow. May his soul rest in peace.

lizzybeth
10-31-2006, 09:51 AM
He was such an adorable little boy with a gorgeous smile. It breaks my heart to think of all he went through. I admire the grandmother for not sticking up for the boy's mother. So many times relatives are in denial about the atrocities their loved ones commit.

christine2448
10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Prayers to this family and may the little boy rest in peace. It sounds like her daughter was not abused. Wonder if she had a resentment against her son or men in general?
She admitted that she poured a caustic substance on her son's genitals earlier Friday to discourage him from urinating on himself.

This is one sick SOB.

SadieMae
10-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Such a sweet faced little boy. I hope they put her under the jail. If her son was having problems wetting/deficating on himself why didn't she take him to a doctor? She probably had health insurance with her job. Poor baby tried to run away, so sad at such a young age. It just breaks my heart that he didn't even have toys to play with. I don't understand such a sick mind, and she was supposed to be his mother.

GlitchWizard
10-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately, the cause of the boy wetting and deficating himself was probably the mother. Stress can really screw up body functions, especially in children. I wonder when he ran away, if she was worried about him.

2sisters
10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Poor child. i did not read the article, i couldn't bring myself too. there are somethings on here i just can't read. i have yet to even look in the thread about the woman who was murdered and her baby hanged.

mindi77
10-31-2006, 02:41 PM
That poor little guy, why would she do this? People make me sick. I really hope she goes to prison forever.

lizzybeth
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
I hope she doesn't try "innocent by reason of insanity". Of course someone would have to be insane to do something like that to a child (or anyone for that matter) but I don't think she deserves any breaks.

If grandma knew the child existed why didn't she wonder why she never saw him? Why he was locked up in a room? If she did see him she would have to have seen the bruises. The more I think about that little boy the more depressed and angry I get. If people don't want their children there are plenty of other loving people out there that would love to give them a good home.

cinsbythesea
10-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I hope she doesn't try "innocent by reason of insanity". Of course someone would have to be insane to do something like that to a child (or anyone for that matter) but I don't think she deserves any breaks.

If grandma knew the child existed why didn't she wonder why she never saw him? Why he was locked up in a room? If she did see him she would have to have seen the bruises. The more I think about that little boy the more depressed and angry I get. If people don't want their children there are plenty of other loving people out there that would love to give them a good home.

I'm with you - that's why I started this thread- the story bothered me on SO many different levels. And the more you think about it the worse it is. I wonder how the little girl dealt with all of this - she had to have seen or heard at least some of the terrible abuse being inflicted on that poor child. I hope they charge that "mother" with anything and everything possible. I wonder if women in prison have the same low opinion of child killers as men in prison do. One can only hope so....

southcitymom
10-31-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm with you - that's why I started this thread- the story bothered me on SO many different levels. And the more you think about it the worse it is. I wonder how the little girl dealt with all of this - she had to have seen or heard at least some of the terrible abuse being inflicted on that poor child. I hope they charge that "mother" with anything and everything possible. I wonder if women in prison have the same low opinion of child killers as men in prison do. One can only hope so....
The little girl is so young - 3, I think. Possibly she was shielded from a lot of it just by the nature of being three. Her mother may have told her that her brother had to be kept locked away because he was dangerous - who knows - it;s very easy to manipulate a 3 year old.

I believe that this little girl has a good chance of recovering if she gets into a normal, loving environment. So sad.

CyberLaw
10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
What I can't stand it when adults 'attribute" adult motivations in what their kids do.

As in: He "took" all of the tissues out of the box because he "wants" to get back at me, or he "wants" me to work harder to clean up the house.

Not that the kid had "fun" pulling out all of the tissues.

My question again: I thought someone had "posted" that when children are "home schooled" that the state checks up on them to make sure that they are learning correctly. It seems(yet again) that home school is just another excuse to keep battered kids away from people that may be able to help them under the "guise" of home school.

southcitymom
10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
What I can't stand it when adults 'attribute" adult motivations in what their kids do.

As in: He "took" all of the tissues out of the box because he "wants" to get back at me, or he "wants" me to work harder to clean up the house.

Not that the kid had "fun" pulling out all of the tissues.

My question again: I thought someone had "posted" that when children are "home schooled" that the state checks up on them to make sure that they are learning correctly. It seems(yet again) that home school is just another excuse to keep battered kids away from people that may be able to help them under the "guise" of home school.Different states have different rules regarding home schooling, but I am not aware of any states that go to people's houses and "check up" on them and I certainly wouldn't be for such a law.

In most states, you have to keep a curriculum and other housekeeping matters, but I don't think any states even require formal testing of homeschoolers (though I'm not entirely positive about that).

Homeschooling, like many other choices and freedoms we have, is sometimes abused by sick people.

cinsbythesea
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Here's a short clip from our local ABC news... http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=4713271

and yet another from the local Fox affiliate - http://www.ktvu.com/news/10194507/detail.html

Iriz
10-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Still don't know why I'm compelled to read stories like this...they hurt me and get me depressed for days....That girl is no mother, not even an animal would act so cruel and horrible to her youngs :(. I have to believe that now the sweet looking little boy must be playing with the angels, and will never again feel mental or phisical pain.

SadieMae
10-31-2006, 04:34 PM

If grandma knew the child existed why didn't she wonder why she never saw him? Why he was locked up in a room? If she did see him she would have to have seen the bruises. The more I think about that little boy the more depressed and angry I get. If people don't want their children there are plenty of other loving people out there that would love to give them a good home.I don't know how she can in any way plead insanity. I don't know any truly "insane" people that hold a regular job. Also she can't plead that because her daughter appeared well taken care of. The woman was just evil to her son. She need to rot!!!! :behindbar

cinsbythesea
10-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Still don't know why I'm compelled to read stories like this...they hurt me and get me depressed for days....That girl is no mother, not even an animal would act so cruel and horrible to her youngs :(. I have to believe that now the sweet looking little boy must be playing with the angels, and will never again feel mental or phisical pain.

I know exactly how you feel. This is just so incomprehendable and to think of what that child must have suffered -yet I'm drawn into the story. I agree with you that he's finally in a place where he can be happy and painfree...

SadieMae
10-31-2006, 05:55 PM
I know what you're saying. But I just have to read the stories. It just amazes me that some children live in such pain and agony and no one who knows/cares about it to DO something!!!! All these mothers had families, so why didn't anyone care enough about their kids! Saying the mother kept them away is NO excuse IMO. That should be a clue, something is wrong.

kazzbar
10-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Poor boy! Of course, he was wetting himself from fear of the *****!. What a sad sack piece of chit this person is. Let her suffer the most imhumane treatment legally available. She is lower than scum let her die for her cruelty.Nothing is gained for society by letting her live.

kidzndogznme
10-31-2006, 08:28 PM
They said in the second link that this little boy suffered for months and maybe years before he was killed? He ran away in November and was returned to his
"uterus" (I don't call people like this mothers, sorry). Did the police not see marks and scars on him then? Did they not ask him why he ran away???? WTF????

Perry
10-31-2006, 08:36 PM
I will never for the life of me understand how people commit the cruelties they do to one another.:(

My heart bleeds for this child.

Prayers for him and those who loved him.

Shadow205
10-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Over and over, again and again. It has got to stop!

This morning my daughter witnessed a child abuse in progress. She saw a woman beating a child, punching it, kicking it, dragging it by it's hair through the yard. She said that she could not believe what she was seeing. It was several houses away from her and she could not tell if the child was male or female or the age. She estimated it to be about 5-8 years old. The woman picked the child up by the hair and threw it back inside of the house. She immediately called 911. She waited 20 mins and no LE arrived. She called back to 911 to see why they had not sent anyone. She just got the runaround and no answer. She then called the Child abuse hotline. By this point is was extremely upset and couldn't seem to get anyone to realize that this child could be dead! Finally almost 3 hours after she witnessed this, someone from child protective services arrived at this house. No one would come to the door. The worker called my daughter and questioned her about what she had seen. She said that he did not seem to believe her and seemed to be trying to play it down. He said that he was going to go to the elementary school and check on the child. Evidently this was not the first time they had been to that house because how else would he have known who to go to the school and check on? I have been furious all day about this. I cannot believe that lack of response by LE. No wonder we have children who die every day from abuse.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had been sitting here trying to figure out what thread to post this rant in when I came accross this story. It just seems to fit here.

SadieMae
10-31-2006, 09:52 PM

This morning my daughter witnessed a child abuse in progress. She saw a woman beating a child, punching it, kicking it, dragging it by it's hair through the yard. She said that she could not believe what she was seeing. It was several houses away from her and she could not tell if the child was male or female or the age. She estimated it to be about 5-8 years old. The woman picked the child up by the hair and threw it back inside of the house. She immediately called 911. She waited 20 mins and no LE arrived. She called back to 911 to see why they had not sent anyone. She just got the runaround and no answer. She then called the Child abuse hotline. By this point is was extremely upset and couldn't seem to get anyone to realize that this child could be dead! Finally almost 3 hours after she witnessed this, someone from child protective services arrived at this house. No one would come to the door. The worker called my daughter and questioned her about what she had seen. She said that he did not seem to believe her and seemed to be trying to play it down. He said that he was going to go to the elementary school and check on the child. Evidently this was not the first time they had been to that house because how else would he have known who to go to the school and check on? I have been furious all day about this. I cannot believe that lack of response by LE. No wonder we have children who die every day from abuse.
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I had been sitting here trying to figure out what thread to post this rant in when I came accross this story. It just seems to fit here.
That's horrible!!! I saw something very much like that once. The police were called and came right away. There was a lot of cussing out both ways. It got to where I just about fixin' to beat the beyotch down when the police arrived. Her little boy was only 4. I couldn't believe what I was seeing either, and NO one intervened!! It was in a grocery store parking lot. The people witnessing this did give statement to the police, thank goodness. I did get a good yank of her hair though.
I don't understand why the police didn't demand to to see the child was ok after what your daughter told them. Unbelievable!

gardenmom
11-01-2006, 07:15 AM
Just when I think I have seen the worst in people, someone comes along who changes my mind. Studies have shown that people become desensitized to violence, but since I have been here I haven't yet. I still find it as sickening as the first time I have heard about this sick people.

GlitchWizard
11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I am EXTREMELY proud of your daughter. I don't know if she is young, or older - but she didn't look away, like some people do.

When my daughter was still in a stroller, she had an ice cream cone and a little boy came toddling up to her and stared at the ice cream cone. The Mother snatched him by the arm and gave him a hard spank - My daughter pointed and waved her finger at the woman and even though she couldn't talk, she cursed out the woman in baby talk. I thought it was funny at first, but the woman only got angrier at her son. The manager of the hair salon we were in grabbed her hand when she went to spank the boy again and kicked her out of the store.

teonspaleprincess
11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
A few of my co-workers witnessed a man screaming (calling the kids cunts and b*****) and kicking and slapping two little girls about 3 and 4 in the head while the mother stood there and looked stupid, not saying a word. Our manager called 911 while she ran close enough to get the license plate number and a description of the man. She saw the van go into the Wal-Mart parking lot and the police caught the guy there, but I don't know if anything was done about it.

GlitchWizard
11-01-2006, 09:04 AM
A few of my co-workers witnessed a man screaming (calling the kids cunts and b*****) and kicking and slapping two little girls about 3 and 4 in the head while the mother stood there and looked stupid, not saying a word. Our manager called 911 while she ran close enough to get the license plate number and a description of the man. She saw the van go into the Wal-Mart parking lot and the police caught the guy there, but I don't know if anything was done about it.
I'd like to pass a law that you can physically stop a parent from things like that - without being charged with assault yourself.

cinsbythesea
11-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Here's todays article from the SF Chronicle - http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/01/BAG0UM3QD51.DTL

christine2448
11-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I'd like to pass a law that you can physically stop a parent from things like that - without being charged with assault yourself.
Amen to that Glitch..I'll tell ya, if I saw someone behaving that way towards a child, I'd jump right in, no 2nd thought, go ahead and charge me with assault, I dont' give a hoot, I'll make sure I hurt you enough that the charges are worth it to me!

julianne
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
The judge ordered the mother AND the little boy to undergo psychotherapy? The only therapy this little boy needed was to be taken from his mother. Poor little guy. I hate that they won't release results of the authorities visiting the home (for "confidentiality" reasons) because all too often, it seems to protect them against not doing their job! Not saying that is the case here, but it sure does seem suspect to me. If the little boy couldn't take a cookie from Grandma or speak to someone without first looking at Mom for approval, there's a problem. She removed him the public school system to go to "Theresas Home School", AFTER CPS had already been called, and it turns out that it was a bogus home school and address. WHY didn't anyone follow up on that? Ridiculous. She admitted before that she had poured some sort of chemical on him for punishment, yet they apparently thought that was an adequate and acceptable form of punishment because he wasn't removed from the home. GRRRRR!!!!! I know that CPS workers are often overworked and understaffed, but it sure appears that, in this case, they are also underqualified to do their job to adequately protect those that truly need it!!

Mom failed him miserably and his blood is on her hands, but the system appears to have failed him too. I hope she gets it in prison. I hope she suffers every excruciating, humiliating, painful, tortuous event that she invoked upon him. And then some. She is yet another example of someone who does not deserve to share the oxygen on this Earth with others. Fry her ass!

2beautifulboys
11-01-2006, 12:10 PM
amen sister! what a dispicable piece of human trash.....we can only hope that the other woman in prison, many of them with children, will seek justice their own way for this little guy and we know that God punishes evil.

GlitchWizard
11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Amen to that Glitch..I'll tell ya, if I saw someone behaving that way towards a child, I'd jump right in, no 2nd thought, go ahead and charge me with assault, I dont' give a hoot, I'll make sure I hurt you enough that the charges are worth it to me!
ha! That's good advice for victims of bullies in public schools around here. If someone hits you, and you defend yourself, you are in trouble too. Might as well make it COUNT.

SadieMae
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Well that would have been great if there was a law. Trust me the beyotch I saw in the parking lot would have been stomped! It just burns me up when people do that to their children in PUBLIC. I wonder how much worse the child is treated in their own homes.

Belinda
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
WARNING: LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF RAIJON'S INJURIES.

* Richmond Women, 26-Year-Old Teresa Moses Found To Be Insane For Alleged Torturing And Killing Of Her 8-Year-Old Son Raijon Daniels

Published by Staff Writer on June 18, 2009

www.valenciaippolitobowman.com

Three doctors who evaluated Teresa Moses, a 26-year-old Richmond woman accused of torturing and killing her 8-year-old son in 2006, found that she was legally insane at the time of his death, her attorney Emily Gunston said today.Moses has been charged with felony child abuse, torture and murder in connection with her son Raijon Danielsí death.All three mental health professionals, one psychiatrist and two forensic psychologists, concluded that Moses suffered from paranoid delusions and was incapable of knowing or understanding the nature and consequences of her actions, Deputy District Attorney Gerald Chang said.Prosecutors will be reviewing the reports and making a decision within the next couple of weeks about whether to accept a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity or take the case to trial,

snip

ĒBefore his death, Contra Costa Children and Family Services had received five separate reports from people who suspected that Raijon was being abused beginning in November 2005. The most recent report was in January 2006. Raijonís case was closed eight months before he died, according to CFS documents. Investigators found no evidence that Moses had abused Raijonís half-sister, who is now 5 or 6 years old, but a CFS report alleged that the girl had suffered severe mental and emotional trauma from witnessing her motherís continuous torture and abuse of Raijon, according to a California Court of Appeal decision issued in 2008.

BBM. Much more at link.
http://fugitive.com/archives/7515

Belinda
05-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Child Abuse
1/14/2010
Christopher Keane
In California, Teresa Moses is sentenced to maximum commitment in a state mental hospital in connection with the death of her 8-year-old son, Raijon Daniels. She pleaded no contest to charges of first-degree murder. A news story report alleges doctors determined Ms. Moses is criminally insane and suffers from paranoid delusions which led to the chronic abuse of her son. Raijon passed away on October 27, 2006. Autopsy findings determined Raijon died from battered child syndrome. His little sister is now in protective custody with Contra Costa County Children and Family Services.

http://www.keanelaw.com/blog/in-california-teresa-moses-is-sentenced-to-maximum-commitment-in-a-state-mental-hospital-in-conn.cfm

kbl8201
05-01-2010, 12:52 PM

law smaw.....if i saw something like that they might have to end up charging me with attempted murder.

kbl8201
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM
so does this mean she wont ever get out hopefully?

Columbo
05-01-2010, 01:35 PM
so does this mean she wont ever get out hopefully?

According to this article, it sounds like she might get out in a few years. Sickening! She should be spayed, at the very least.

http://fugitive.com/archives/7515

kbl8201
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM
<sigh>

kbl8201
05-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Can't understand why the law doesn't realize vigilante justice WILL happen so long as they continue to FAIL our children!! Children are precious, defenseless, and most often harmless up to a certain age..ADULTS know better. When adults commit crimes against defenseless children and nothing suitable is done about it time and time again..and the abuse doesn't stop nor slow down, families, parents and people who just love children will start to take matters into their own hands. And why wouldn't they? The law is supposed to "protect and serve"...protect the criminals and serve themselves!

hitting thanks wasnt good enough :dance:

Litlred
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
This woman needs to be executed sane or insane, not released.

SyraKelly
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM
That woman is just plain EVIL!!!!

Columbo
04-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Theresa Moses is now a free woman. Her doctors at the mental hospital declared her no longer a threat to society. Supposedly she has completely changed. I don't believe it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23119430/woman-freed-three-years-after-being-sentenced-killing

MsFacetious
04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
The ONLY consolation here is this:

Moses was awaiting trial when she was stripped of all parental rights for the girl,
who was Raijon's half-sister.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_23119430/woman-freed-three-years-after-being-sentenced-killing

This is why I HATE these laws!!! :stormingmad:
It needs to be that you are in the mental hospital until you are SANE... then you go to PRISON!!!
I am SO sick of women torturing their kids and only spending a couple of years in a mental hospital!
This was not a "crime of passion" this was long term TORTURE. :banghead:

For at least a year before Raijon died of battered child syndrome in October 2006,
the boy was tortured with high-pressure hoses and household chemicals.
He slept duct-taped to his bed in his Richmond apartment locked from the outside and monitored by video cameras.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5296/raijon.jpg

mommy23
04-29-2013, 01:00 AM
wow..........

jjenny
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Why do we have to put up with not guilty by reason of insanity laws?
They are outrageous.
If someone is deemed "cured" by the shrinks, put them in prison to serve the reset of the sentence, not let them run free on the street.

Spurser
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Who wants to bet this loser gets pregnant within months? She will have yet another child to torture. Why didn't they fix the bitc*?

Angels_Not_Forgotten
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
How does a woman who holds a job and not beat her daughter get away with this? She apparently had some grasp on reality, enough that the only person affected by these "delusions" was her son. And the poor sister that had to watch this pos of a mom kill her brother. I just don't understand at all. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CanManEh
04-29-2013, 05:22 PM
It sounds to me like the boy was so scared of his mother almost like he had a trigger to her when she maybe started yelling or a look even hearing her coming up the stairs that he would loose control of his bodily functions from being so dam terrified knowing what was coming' everything just let go he's so scared that's why he is urinating and defacating on himself . What a cute little guy he was too so sad / tragic .Terrible that he is gone may he RIP but atleast he is safe and can't be harmed anymore and I hope she gets the same remmedy he was forced to swallow only in her case it's injected in to her viens actually she doesn't even deserve something that humain in my eyes...

believe09
04-29-2013, 05:58 PM
why do we have to put up with not guilty by reason of insanity laws?
They are outrageous.
If someone is deemed "cured" by the shrinks, put them in prison to serve the reset of the sentence, not let them run free on the street.

amen.

He was a beautiful boy. Just beautiful. I think that people like her get a dx of crazy because no one could possibly believe that this was intentional and systematic. That is the only thought I am going to devote to her, because she is very broken.

Like jjenny said, lwop once she is "cured."