PDA

View Full Version : Someone leaves baby on side of road - St Cloud, MN

PaulaKay
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
How Horrible.....

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061121/NEWS01/111210042/1009

KrisNine
11-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Awful. I wonder if something happened to the parents? You know, maybe someone killed a couple for their car, realized there was a baby in the back and just dumped her on the side of the road? I hate to think a parent would leave a baby like that, but we all know it happens far too often.

cynpat2000
11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
How horrible. Its such a pity they didnt take the baby to a safe haven.:banghead:

PolkSaladAnnie
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Arrrggghh! This is a baby.... A BABY! What the heck gets into people's minds? Everytime I read about crimes against babies, toddlers, children and pregnant moms I go dilly. For the life of me there IS NO EXCUSE!

The very fact this babe was LEFT ... on the side of the road screams the 'depositer' knows trouble was at hand. Gosh, I'm clearly on a mission as just hours earlier I drove across the open block from where I live to yell at, and try to stop, 3 men stoning, chasing a CAT!!!!! I heard the kitty's wild scream from my den ... and went into auto-pilot. I just cannot bear cruelty to defenless creatures. And to leave a BABY on the road? Lord above!

(Sorry, OT: the cat escaped but was hurt: however I let them see I photographed their l/plate with my mobile.. it's the least I could do ... )

PaulaKay
11-21-2006, 04:34 PM
The article said the baby was between 3 days and 14 days.

I think the Safe Haven law here in MN stops at 3 days.

cheko1
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
It's normally so frigid cold this time of year in Mn it would of froze to death. Also had she not of been found it would of died probably during the night from exposure. Temp was near 20 to 30 degrees........thru the night.

Sick sorry azz loosers...she was only a teeny baby & ever so cute. If the parents did it I hope they castrate the Dad / & make her have a tubal. This is awful.....How? Why? Could anyone do that there are so many people in this world who would of given her a perfect home. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Floh
11-21-2006, 04:50 PM
How wonderful Bob Klaverkamp found her and how wonderful she is now safe and well.

i would suggest whoever did this is an appalling human being for not giving the baby girl up for adoption in a reasonable manner. i would also suggest this baby is very, very lucky to have been found by Mr Klaverkamp and to be well away from whoever her parents might be.

may Bob Klaverkamp never have to face such a find again. :(

such a wonderful man! :blowkiss:

Beyond Belief
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Yes, he is a wonderful man. The story mentions that he looks for things on the side of the road. I wonder if someone knew he would be passing by shortly and purposely left the baby there for him to find.

Theres a million places you could abandon a child where is would be found quickly, why a lightly traveled road.

mssheila
11-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I went to school in St Cloud. This area of highway 75 is totally rural. I am 99% sure that whoever left the baby there never thought she'd be found alive. :banghead:

MistyM
11-21-2006, 10:01 PM
well at least they left the baby there alive, and not dead. it seems like someone wanted to get rid of her very fast to have just left her like that. maybe it wasn't the parents.

cynpat2000
11-22-2006, 02:57 PM

I think the Safe Haven law here in MN stops at 3 days.She still could have contacted an adoption agency or something.

montana_16
11-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Thank Goodness she is alive.
It seems to me not long ago there was a story very similar to this one. I can't remember/Does anyone remember a story similar to this one a while back?

PaulaKay
12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061208/NEWS01/112080037/1009

STEARNS LOOKS FOR PARENTS

Stearns County investigators continue to search for the parents of the girl who was abandoned Nov. 20 in Lynden Township.
Investigators are combing through birth announcements in the St. Cloud Times and are contacting families who were listed as having given birth to daughters in the days before the girl was found, Chief Deputy Bruce Bechtold said.
About 90 women are known to have given birth to daughters around the time deputies believe the girl was born.
“That’s a lot of doors to knock on,” Bechtold said.
Deputies have traced brand and model numbers of a car seat and duffel bag found with the baby. Investigators contacted people who are known to have bought such items and have seen their babies.

Taximom
12-08-2006, 02:18 PM

I think the Safe Haven law here in MN stops at 3 days.
I think Ohio is trying to change our law to 3 months. I can't remember exactly but professionals seem to think a longer period will help.

God bless that little baby.

2sisters
12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
amazing ths baby lived, i have never been to MN but I am sure it is freezing cold right now.

Kim777
12-08-2006, 04:29 PM
How? Why? Could anyone do that there are so many people in this world who would of given her a perfect home. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Yes, there are. We have been through a miscarriage and (as yet) unexplained infertility, and will end up paying tens of thousands of dollars to either adopt or go through treatments. These stories have always upset me, but after what we have gone through this year...I don't even have the words...

fryhisbutt
12-08-2006, 05:12 PM
amazing ths baby lived, i have never been to MN but I am sure it is freezing cold right now.It's cold..I live in the twin cities ( about an hour or so from St. Cloud)
and yesterday morning it was 7 degrees when i left for work and I think the high was 16. It is warmer today with a high of about 30 degrees.

If there was no fowl play and the Mother left that baby on purpose..She didn't want it to survive. Which is just so sad...
At least he had an angel watching over him and was found healthy..
Unlike the 1 month old whos Mother micro-waved her to death!!!