PDA

View Full Version : Baby Found Stabbed In Back

kayceebee
01-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I feel SICK!! When is this madness going to end??? :boohoo:

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2795535/detail.html
PHILADELPHIA -- Police in Philadelphia have arrested a teen mother they say stabbed her daughter and left her in a snow-covered elementary schoolyard Monday.

The 1-year-old girl was found alive Monday morning, sitting upright with a four-inch steak knife blade lodged in her back.

The baby was discovered in the school yard of the Barry Elementary School at 59th and Race Streets in West Philadelphia. A man taking his child to day care noticed the toddler, Skytiasha Shirley, about 8:45 a.m., police said.

The mother, Tamika Fowler, 19, was found a short distance down the street and was taken into custody by the Philadelphia Police Department's special victims' unit. She has been charged withShe was wearing jeans and a thermal shirt, but wasn't wearing a coat, shoes or socks. Police say an earlier statement about her wearing only a diaper was mistaken attempted murder, aggravated assault and other offenses.

The baby was stabbed twice -- in the center of her back and in the lower side of the back, according to Philadelphia TV station WCAU. She was rushed to Children's Hospital where she is expected to survive.

Temperatures in the city were hovering around 20 when the girl was found.

Previous Story:
January 26, 2004: Baby Found Stabbed In Back At Philly Schoolyard

maggiemay
12-23-2004, 01:56 AM
POOR BABY!!!!! I HOPE THE MOTHER GETS WHAT SHE DESERVES:furious:

Casshew
12-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Hi Kayceebee ~ I think this story is from quite a while ago (not that it makes it any better) :sick: but I remember posting this same story a long time ago.

I hope the little girl has been placed in a loving home and is doing well now.

kato
12-23-2004, 08:30 AM
What a sick *itch!!!

LovelyPigeon
12-23-2004, 04:38 PM
The story, as indicated in the first post, is from January 2004.

The mother was declared incompetent and court ordered into mental health care. She was charged with charged with a series of offenses, including attempted murder, aggravated and simple assault, endangering the welfare of a child, and recklessly endangering another person. I don't know what the final outcome of her case was.

Shytaisia was released to her father's custody a few months after being stabbed, but I think she may have been returned to state custody by the time of her mother's arraignment hearing in July 2004.