PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Woman "C"

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Doogie
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
In an effort to put all posts about the new Mystery Woman "C" in one place, I have created a new seperate thread for our research and discussion about her.

RobinH
11-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Doogie, this will definately make it easier for me. Are you going to call the number I sent you in a PM yesterday?

Annasmom
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
In an effort to put all posts about the new Mystery Woman "C" in one place, I have created a new seperate thread for our research and discussion about her. Doogie, can the stuff about her on the other threads be moved, or does it have to stay where it is? If it can't be moved, maybe we can cross-reference or something, at least to the pictures.

Dr. Doogie
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I can cut and paste the major posts to here (including the links to the pictures). I will do that this evening.

Dr. Doogie
11-29-2006, 08:58 AM
"As a result of the various MySpace sites that have been posted, we have been contacted by someone who thinks that her acquaintance may be Anna. I can only speak in generalities at this point due to our ongoing investigation, but I can say the following:

1) The woman strongly resembles the age-progression of Anna.

2) The woman's listed birthday is within seven months of Anna's.

3) The woman knows that she is adopted by her step-father, but suspects that her mother is also not her birth-mother. She does not resemble anyone else in her family.

4) She has no memories (or childhood pictures) of five or before.

5) When showed Anna's childhood pictures without an explaination, her reaction was "Where did you get pictures of me as child?"

Dr. Doogie
11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
"A couple of other quick notes:

1) The woman's birth certificate has notable gaps in information that raises the question of its authenticity. (Actually, it turns out that no birth certificate was officially on file - the incomplete BC was as a replacement for ther non-existant one.)

2) The woman's current picture shows birthmarks on her face that seem to exactly correspond with pictures of Anna as a child and her birthmarks."

Dr. Doogie
11-29-2006, 09:10 AM
"I received a phone call from the intermediary person yesterday. She personally went to the public library and found a birth announcement in their local newspaper from 1967 for the Anna look-alike. The newspaper there or back then did not print the name of the child, only the name of the father or parents. She was told some time ago her fathers first name. The newspaper showed his first name along with a last name that has shown up in the look-alike and her siblings searches.

So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.
We have a very slim chance that this woman is Anna. We may still consider a DNA on this person since the pros have heavily outweighed the cons..."

Dr. Doogie
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
"I received a phone call today from the Anna "look-alike". This is the first direct contact that we have had with this woman.

There were a couple of important clarifications and revelations as a result of the phone call. One is that the name of the man who she knows as her birthfather matches the name of the birth announcement that SherlockJr mentioned. This does make it unlikely that this woman is Anna.

However, the other revelation is that the state records bureau where she lives has no record of her birth at all. The birth certificate that contains incomplete information was issued by the state recently because she needed a birth certificate and she did not have all of the details of her birth. It is possible that she was born in a different state than she believes she was and that state would have the records, but this does not fit with anything that she knows about her history. This is very curious and causes me to not dismiss the possibility that she may still be Anna.

One other interesting thing about her name is that her first name is a variation of "Christian" and her middle name is a variation of "Anna". I can think of no logical reason that an abductor would do this purposely, so it probably is nothing more than one more amazing coincidence in a case full of them. However, it is one heck of a coincidence."

Dr. Doogie
11-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Edited by Moderator by request

Gina_M
11-30-2006, 04:30 AM
Thanks, Doogie, for creating a new thread for C. Here is something I thought of today when reading about the photos, and how C resembles Anna's age progression but we cannot find any young photos of C. Since artists are able to do age progressions, are they also able to do age re-gressions? i.e. take a photo of C and age-regress it to see what she may have looked like when she was younger.

RobinH
11-30-2006, 08:27 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that I saw C last night and talked with her for a long time. She does not think that she is Anna, however because of her dysfunctional family and upbringing, the similarities between the 2 pictures, and other things in her mind that may not make sense, she is willing to do a DNA to let herself and Annasfamily know for sure. She said "I believe that there is a 1% chance that I am Anna, but poor Annasmom, anyone who could do this to such a loving mom deserves punishment" She actually would love to be Anna, but does not believe that she is. She does not contribute to WS 1. because she does not have a computer, and 2. because she is frightened. She is now having dreams (when she is able to sleep). I do copy some of the posts and give them to her which she appreciates a great deal, so if anyone has anything encouraging to say to C, I will be seeing her agian tonight. We have all taken the time to try and understand how Annasmom and her family feel, I would like to also take the time to understand how C feels with this picture of a missing child being given to her that looks just like herself. C does not know what to think right now, and maybe with our posts we can help her through this trying time as well as Annasmom and family.

Jodibug
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Please tell C that I believe she is a very strong and courageous woman. She is also very caring, to want to help out Annasmom in this way.

Even if she is not Anna, I hope that she will someday have all the answers she is looking for and that she will come to terms with her past, whatever that may be.

Annasbro
11-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Yes, thank you Robin and C for putting yourselves out there and helping the investigation. Regardless of the outcome, these turn of events has renewed my hope that someday I may stand face to face with my sister again. I had resigned myself to accepting that she was probably not alive. It is quite remarkable how close we are to a match. If nothing else maybe the forum can learn from the whole sequence of events. There has been a revitalized interest from the authorities - amazing! It also makes those of us in Anna's family think - what would we do if we were reunited with her after all of these years and after she had grown up with her abductors or someone associated with them?

All I can say is love, hope, and support. The love had never wavered, the hope is for a happy life given a new awareness of the past, the support is knowing that family is forever, we are still here and we are still searching.

Annasmom
11-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, thank you Robin and C for putting yourselves out there and helping the investigation. Regardless of the outcome, these turn of events has renewed my hope that someday I may stand face to face with my sister again. I had resigned myself to accepting that she was probably not alive. It is quite remarkable how close we are to a match. If nothing else maybe the forum can learn from the whole sequence of events. There has been a revitalized interest from the authorities - amazing! It also makes those of us in Anna's family think - what would we do if we were reunited with her after all of these years and after she had grwon up with her abductors or someone associated with them?

All I can say is love, hope, and support. The love had never wavered, the hope is for a happy life given a new awareness of the past, the support is knowing that family is forever, we are still here and we are still searching.
Now all of you know why I have never once thought of myself as "poor me". Annasbro and his brother are my blessings.

LinasK
11-30-2006, 09:27 PM
So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.

No, what you have is a birth announcement placed in the paper by the parents/father or kidnappers with the date they wanted to establish her identity. This is NO proof of C's actual date of birth in a hospital or where she was born.

Dr. Doogie
12-01-2006, 01:08 AM
No, what you have is a birth announcement placed in the paper by the parents/father or kidnappers with the date they wanted to establish her identity. This is NO proof of C's actual date of birth in a hospital or where she was born.
True.

LinasK
12-01-2006, 01:53 AM
True.
That's why I stated on the other thread that I think this birth announcement is a so-what red herring. Anyone could send in the info on the birth announcement, no proof is required. I think it was designed to throw people off C's track and give her the parent's last name. That's all it is an "announcement" not an actual birth certificate that is notarized.

I think C is legit, she didn't come to us, she was found.

RobinH
12-01-2006, 10:18 AM
That's why I stated on the other thread that I think this birth announcement is a so-what red herring. Anyone could send in the info on the birth announcement, no proof is required. I think it was designed to throw people off C's track and give her the parent's last name. That's all it is an "announcement" not an actual birth certificate that is notarized.

I think C is legit, she didn't come to us, she was found.
LinasK, you are right, C is legit, she did not ask for her life to be disrupted as it has been, however, the birth announcement is still a BIG question, because it was placed in the paper BEFORE Anna was born. I would find it very hard to believe that Anna's abduction was planned before she was even born.

MagicRose99
12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
LinasK, you are right, C is legit, she did not ask for her life to be disrupted as it has been, however, the birth announcement is still a BIG question, because it was placed in the paper BEFORE Anna was born. I would find it very hard to believe that Anna's abduction was planned before she was even born.
If you knew the two Georges... ANYTHING is possible!

Dr. Doogie
12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I will say this: the detective is fully aware of the birth announcement, yet is still eager to explore this, so he also is not putting too much stock in it.

Dr. Doogie
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM
In the past, we have on occasion had to take certain aspects of this case "off-forum" to protect privacy of certain individuals or to not expose certain things that were being explored. You good folks at WS have been understanding and we have brought you back up to speed as soon as we can. Well, we are running into one of those periods.

The detective with the SMC Sheriffs Department has requested that we refrain from posting any additional information about C on the forum for the time being. This is in an effort to protect any case that may arise from the results of DNA test. There may be some information that we can pass along, but since we have been praying for greater LE involvement, it would be wise to follow their advice at this point.

Rest assured that anything that we can safely post will be posted, but all posts will need to be reviewed thoroughly before we put it up here. And believe me, it is going to kill me to be so excited without having the ability to share everything with you guys. I will do what I can to keep you informed and thank you for your understanding.

SherlockJr
12-01-2006, 01:26 PM
The detective with the SMC Sheriffs Department has requested that we refrain from posting any additional information about C on the forum for the time being. This is in an effort to protect any case that may arise from the results of DNA test. There may be some information that we can pass along, but since we have been praying for greater LE involvement, it would be wise to follow their advice at this point.
I can remember about a year ago, this same thing happened where a family member who was posting about her sister's murder was advised by law enforcement to stop posting information also. LOL, I just can't remember the name of the thread. :waitasec:

annemc2
12-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Understood. Thanks, Doogie, for keeping us updated about possibly not being updated. :crazy:

In the meantime, I will keep sending positive thoughts to everyone involved!

gardenmom
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Understood. God Bless all involved.

MagicRose99
12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I can remember about a year ago, this same thing happened where a family member who was posting about her sister's murder was advised by law enforcement to stop posting information also. LOL, I just can't remember the name of the thread. :waitasec:
Wasn't it "upallnight"?

Read and understood Doogie!

LisainWV
12-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I thought this was mentioned somewhere else.... Is it possible that the birth announcement was for another child that died and Anna was a "replacement" (sorry that sounds so cold) for the child? Anyone do any digging on obits of very young children for the time period?

Annasmom
12-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I thought this was mentioned somewhere else.... Is it possible that the birth announcement was for another child that died and Anna was a "replacement" (sorry that sounds so cold) for the child? Anyone do any digging on obits of very young children for the time period?LisainWV, the birth announcement was found in a newspaper published some months before Anna was born. We really don't know quite what to make of it unless it is legitimate, which it may be.

Jodibug
12-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I remember the "upallnight" thread. I search for it every couple of weeks to see if there has been any news posted (nope!).

I hope this one doesn't remain "off forum" for that long!

We know that you will tell us what you can, when you can, Dr. Doogie!

I am praying for all those involved. Good luck!

SherlockJr
12-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I remember the "upallnight" thread. I search for it every couple of weeks to see if there has been any news posted (nope!).

I am praying for all those involved. Good luck!
MagicRose and Jodibug, I do think it was "UPALLNIGHT" sister's thread. I was always curious what ever happened in that case also.

GraceBlue
12-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Thinking about C on her wedding day...

RobinH
12-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I had breakfast with C this morning she asked me to "Thank everyone for their kind thoughts and well wishes".

Shadow205
12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
MagicRose and Jodibug, I do think it was "UPALLNIGHT" sister's thread. I was always curious what ever happened in that case also.
In my signature the is a link under "Jusitce For Jane" I don't remember now if that goes to the original thread or the later one. Upallnite does not post at WS's any longer but I am still able to contact her. The last time that I spoke with her there was nothing new to report on her sister Jane's case.
There was major progress made in the last year in the case though and yes she was advised by LE not to discuss the case here.

itsreenw
12-03-2006, 06:54 PM
MagicRose and Jodibug, I do think it was "UPALLNIGHT" sister's thread. I was always curious what ever happened in that case also.Upallnight is no longer on WS.
There are no new developments in that case.

Shadow205
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Upallnight is no longer on WS.
There are no new developments in that case.
Isn't that what I just said? LOL

Annasmom
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I am praying for all those involved. Good luck! Thank you, Jodibug. Just to clarify, we were only asked not to post about LE activity. We are glad that they are involved. Also, we may have a newer age-enhanced picture of Anna before too long, since the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children asked for more recent family photographs. Because the passport office came through, we were also able to give them a front-facing picture of Anna's father, which they have never had before.

Dr. Doogie
12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
This I can share: we have been looking at uncovering a potential direct link between C and the two Georges. Our lead did not pan out. Back to the drawing board...

Jodibug
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
This I can share: we have been looking at uncovering a potential direct link between C and the two Georges. Our lead did not pan out. Back to the drawing board...

Does this mean that C is no longer a possible match, or only that you need to find another way to link her?

Couldn't she have been kidnapped by someone other than the two G's? (ie: couple in the car)

I'm sorry you've had a set back.

Annasmom- That's great news that you have the passport photo. I hope that really helps with a new age-progression pic! Still praying for you!

Dr. Doogie
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Does this mean that C is no longer a possible match, or only that you need to find another way to link her?

Couldn't she have been kidnapped by someone other than the two G's? (ie: couple in the car)
No, C is definitely still in the picture. It was just that we had a potential means of linking C to the two Georges, but it turned out to not be true. Had it been true, then it would have solidified the chances that C is Anna. This does not rule her out at all.

I believe that the evidence points toward Anna physically being abducted by "the couple in the car". It remains to be seen if Waters and Brody had any involvement. (I suspect that they did, but cannot prove it.)

Jodibug
12-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Good luck tomorrow! I hope you are able to post something after your meeting tomorrow. I'll be checking the forum all day for updates!

Dr. Doogie
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
We are looking into a paperwork trail for a significant event that occured in the childhood of C. If we can discover a timeframe for when this event occured, it will help bolster or disprove that C is Anna (if it occured at age 4 or earlier, then C is not Anna. If it occured at 5 or later, then she still may be Anna).

Because of the nature of this event, I am specifically not detailing it to protect C's privacy. She only has the vaguest recollection of it and is unsure of how old she was when it occured. We have a source working on getting information who is in an excellent position to accomplish the task, so we should have some answers to this specific question soon.

mysteriew
12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
We are looking into a paperwork trail for a significant event that occured in the childhood of C. If we can discover a timeframe for when this event occured, it will help bolster or disprove that C is Anna (if it occured at age 4 or earlier, then C is not Anna. If it occured at 5 or later, then she still may be Anna).

Because of the nature of this event, I am specifically not detailing it to protect C's privacy. She only has the vaguest recollection of it and is unsure of how old she was when it occured. We have a source working on getting information who is in an excellent position to accomplish the task, so we should have some answers to this specific question soon.

DrD, I just have a caution. You can't always go by stated age in kids. Kids can vary widely in their size at that age, and also in their school progress. If someone wanted to fudge the age of a child by a year or so, they could likely get by with it. For instance if you wanted to say a 5 year old was actually 4 or 6, most likely you could get by with it.

Dr. Doogie
12-11-2006, 12:51 AM
DrD, I just have a caution. You can't always go by stated age in kids. Kids can vary widely in their size at that age, and also in their school progress. If someone wanted to fudge the age of a child by a year or so, they could likely get by with it. For instance if you wanted to say a 5 year old was actually 4 or 6, most likely you could get by with it.
What we are looking into would have a year associated with it. If it occured in 1972 or earlier, that would rule out C. If it occured later, then the possibility remains that she could be Anna.

gardenmom
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
What we are looking into would have a year associated with it. If it occured in 1972 or earlier, that would rule out C. If it occured later, then the possibility remains that she could be Anna.
I'm going to take a guess that it was a surgery. Maybe she had her tonsils out or something similar.

kyresearcher
12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Gardenmom, that is exactaly what I was thinking, but we may both be wrong. :)

WhiteWolf
12-13-2006, 06:22 PM
3) The woman knows that she is adopted by her step-father, but suspects that her mother is also not her birth-mother. She does not resemble anyone else in her family.

Did the birth announcement have C's current mother's first name on it, but a different last name (bio dad's last name)?

Has C's bio dad been found and talked to?

Reason I'm wondering is what if C's current mother and the man named as her bio dad didn't place the birth announcement in the paper. Suppose C's current mother (or whoever may have taken C) searched the birth announcements and used someone else's birth announcement as their own?

Dr. Doogie
12-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Did the birth announcement have C's current mother's first name on it, but a different last name (bio dad's last name)? Has C's bio dad been found and talked to?The announcement was listed as "Mr. and Mrs. (Father's name)", so it did not specifically list the mothers first name. The "father" has not been contacted (nor has the "mother") since we do not know if they were involved in a crime. LE will contact them at some point (if a DNA test were to show C is Anna), but I do not want to "tip them off" if they are involved and I certainly do not want to involve them if they are innocent of any crime.

Jodibug
12-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Dr. Doogie- is there a DNA test scheduled for "C"?

I've been anxiously awaiting an update on "C"!

Dr. Doogie
12-27-2006, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Jodibug]Dr. Doogie- is there a DNA test scheduled for "C"?
QUOTE]

Because LE has requested that certain details of their involvement be kept "off forum", I cannot answer that specific question. I will say that they are looking into all avenues concerning C and other possible solutions in this case. I will update you on those developments as I can.

Jodibug
01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
I will update you on those developments as I can.

Thanks! Hope I wasn't being a pain!

Dr. Doogie
01-18-2007, 04:48 PM

"C" listened to the "Missing Pieces" broadcast on Tuesday and was inspired to research the above-mentioned event herself. LE cannot do this research presently because it would require a search warrant and not enough "provable" evidence exists to justify a court order. However, "C", as the person directly involved, should be able to access her files herself.

If this event occured prior to January 1973, then "C" is not Anna. If it occured after that date, then the possibility that "C" is Anna remains alive.

Kudos to "C" for her efforts! The possibilty that she could be Anna is obviously a frightful thought, yet she has set aside that fear in the search for the truth. Well done!

SherlockJr
02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Comparing the modified age progression in the vital statistic thread to the Anna look-a-like "C", the mole is not in the same area on the cheek.

TIPPY1116
02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I am new to this... i found this missing persons report... for a little boy.. Turns out his mother was kidnapped around 1973-1975.... they show a picture of her at the bottom of the article... resembles anna... but i am not to sure.. i don't know how to make the pictures larger.... also i have read somewhere on here anna's mothers name was pronounced michael... that is the name of this mystery girls son.... she has never been identified.... i am new to this and it probably is nothing... but worth a shot.. sorry if i mislead anyone. i figured dr. doogie would be able to check this out.. lol.

To Anna's mom... i am soo sorry.. i have a 5 year old daughter.. if anything ever happened to her i don't think i would have the strength to go on.. ur an amazing woman. good luck.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hughes_michael.html

annemc2
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Good thinking, Tippy, and welcome to WS! It appears you've stumbled upon the infamous "Sharon Marshall" case, on which there are several threads here. The current one is listed under cold cases. There is a book by Matt Birkbeck called "A Beautiful Child" that chronicles the saga and there are many people still actively searching for "Sharon's" true identity. Keep up the great sleuthing!

TIPPY1116
02-04-2007, 01:50 AM
I AM SORRY... I AM NEW TO THIS... WOW.... YOU GUYS ARE REALLY ON TOP OF THINGS... ITS AMAZING... GOOD JOB... MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL HAVE SOME USEFUL INFO. :doh:

MagicRose99
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Actually, if I'm not mistaken... it was Sharon Marshall's case which inspired Doogie to look for Anna... including trying to match Sharon and Anna! So good sluething Tippy!

Annasmom
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
To Anna's mom... i am soo sorry.. i have a 5 year old daughter.. if anything ever happened to her i don't think i would have the strength to go on.. ur an amazing woman. good luck.
Thank you, Tippy. I am really very un-amazing, but I am grateful for this forum and all the sleuthers out there.

Annasbro
02-05-2007, 04:04 PM
On the mole on the cheek comparison: As a lot of you probably know, and as I noticed pretty quickly, the aged progression of Anna shows the mole on the wrong cheek. Annasmom confirmed this. As far as the placement as far as zone, I haven't looked at that as closely

Annasbro
02-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Sherlock -Sorry - didn't see the updated picture on the vital stats. page. Now it all makes sense!

julianne
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I've been checking this thread religiously - -I'm just dying to find out any new updates or info on "C". I know that there are certain things that can't be revealed or discussed at this time----just wanted to say that I am eagerly anticipating any news....

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
The changes to the new age-progression seem very subtle (except for the placement of the mole). Nothing in the new picture seems to eliminate "C" as a viable possibility, IMHO.

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I've been checking this thread religiously - -I'm just dying to find out any new updates or info on "C". I know that there are certain things that can't be revealed or discussed at this time----just wanted to say that I am eagerly anticipating any news....Ain't we all... :D

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Actually, there are some tidbits that can be revealed:

*Both Anna and C have a small patch of scarring from chicken pox on their face. The exact placement of Anna's scarring is unclear.

*C had a relatively rare oral surgery performed at about age eight. Annasmom had the same surgery at about the same age. It is possible that the reason for the surgery is a genetic trait passed from mother to child.

*C recently recalled a childhood memory of riding a horse with people that were not her family. At first, this did not match up with any memories that Annasmom had. However, when recently rereading her diary from the "bus trip" that the family took prior to Anna's disappearance, Annasmom discovered an entry mentioning how Anna had riden a horse with some friends of the family. (BTW, so some of you won't have to reread a thousand posts to find out about the "bus trip": the family converted an old school bus into an RV and travelled cross-country for several months.)

Obviously, none of this is conclusive, but it does provide additional evidence that we may be heading in the right direction.

InterestedNHelping
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Dr Doogie,

Do we get an estimated time frame of when this info might be revealed? is this a days, weeks or months process? Yes, I am curious too! LOL...been wondering... interesting horse story too! :-)

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Dr Doogie,

Do we get an estimated time frame of when this info might be revealed? is this a days, weeks or months process?Certainly weeks and probably months. There are certain things that LE want to examine before information can be revealed. This is obviously a difficult time for both C and Anna's family, but the possibility of reuniting a family is worth the wait.

InterestedNHelping
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Well spoken! I understand that all too well.

Many blessings to all involved. Courage and understanding are amazing when people truly care.

Jodibug
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow! I hadn't read this forum in a few days and I am so excited to read this new info!

I will be anxiously awaiting more news about "C"!!!

:dance:

Jodibug
02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
If you are still around.... please let "C" know that we are thinking of her. I hope her new marriage is going well, and that she will finally have a stable family of her own.

RobinH
02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
If you are still around.... please let "C" know that we are thinking of her. I hope her new marriage is going well, and that she will finally have a stable family of her own.
Jodibug, C says thanks for your kind thoughts, and to let you know that all is going well. We are just trying to survive another cold winter here.

WholeLottaRosie
02-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I don't contribute much as I don't have much to add, but, I have read every word and Anna's case has so touched me. I have a daughter and can't imagine what Annasmom and family have went through. That said, I pray about this case daily, Anna is on my prayer candle and I so hope that there is a reunion in site.

Shadow205
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Because of the nature of this event, I am specifically not detailing it to protect C's privacy. She only has the vaguest recollection of it and is unsure of how old she was when it occured. We have a source working on getting information who is in an excellent position to accomplish the task, so we should have some answers to this specific question soon.Was this the oral surgery?

Dr. Doogie
02-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Was this the oral surgery?No, it involved a legal issue. The incident appears to have occured some time after 1973, so the possibility that C is Anna remains.

Tuffy101
02-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Dr.Doggie I searched all day Yesterday and found this photo ...of Gloria....I am now searching for Goodman.....have you read these threads....the photo to conpair with Sharon.....?????

Dr. Doogie
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Dr.Doggie I searched all day Yesterday and found this photo ...of Gloria....I am now searching for Goodman.....have you read these threads....the photo to conpair with Sharon.....?????
Huh? I am not following your question.

akgal
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
If she's willing to go through all this to find out if she's Anna, why doesn't she just take a dna test and compare it to Anna's mom?

MagicRose99
02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Dr. Doogie- is there a DNA test scheduled for "C"?
Because LE has requested that certain details of their involvement be kept "off forum", I cannot answer that specific question. I will say that they are looking into all avenues concerning C and other possible solutions in this case. I will update you on those developments as I can.Reposting in answer to above question...

Jodibug
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
If she's willing to go through all this to find out if she's Anna, why doesn't she just take a dna test and compare it to Anna's mom?

Who says she isn't willing? Real life isn't like CSI, and DNA comparisons aren't completed in 60 mins or less.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with "C".

ETA: I have no knowledge of whether or not a DNA sample has been, or is scheduled to be taken from "C". However, if they are doing a test, it will take awhile to come back.

If you pay for the test out of pocket, the expected turn around time is 4-6 weeks.

Since Doogie said that LE is involved, I would expect the samples to be processed in a LE lab, which is often quite backlogged and can take several months.

Tuffy101
02-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Huh? I am not following your question.In conpairing Photos of Sharon Marshall and Gloria Jean.....and I have many photo web cam taken from Court TV about Sharon Marshall Story. and put up a page for Sharon........Sorry I did not say that right!

MagicRose99
02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
In conpairing Photos of Sharon Marshall and Gloria Jean.....and I have many photo web cam taken from Court TV about Sharon Marshall Story. and put up a page for Sharon........Sorry I did not say that right!
Tuffy, you may want to read thru this forum... as we've stated, Sharon Marshall has been ruled out as being a possible link to Anna. Sharon is actually what started Doogie on his quest in looking for Anna.

There is a lot of information in this forum on Anna and what, to date, has been done and looked into and what direction(s) we may be able to go in search of.

Tuffy101
02-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I got that thank you.....I read the info ......... after I posted that photo and I see why.... they do resemble one another.....thank you.....I am sure that most are as I am wanting to know answers to the Sharon Marshall Story......Forgive my jumping in I know all of you at WS have been working on this for along time....and must get some what irrated at a dummmm questions....the research @ WS and the info ....requires much reading....at the dillagent work that has gone on concerning all these Beautiful Children...
Sorry,again.....the pain that these familys are in...doing something no matter how small......may help.....

akgal
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Who says she isn't willing? Real life isn't like CSI, and DNA comparisons aren't completed in 60 mins or less.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with "C".

ETA: I have no knowledge of whether or not a DNA sample has been, or is scheduled to be taken from "C". However, if they are doing a test, it will take awhile to come back.

If you pay for the test out of pocket, the expected turn around time is 4-6 weeks.

Since Doogie said that LE is involved, I would expect the samples to be processed in a LE lab, which is often quite backlogged and can take several months.

Nobody was trying to compare this to CSI, but people are trying to figure out if the mole on one is the same as the mole on another and trying to figure out if she had the same dental surgery as Anna's mom. All I'm saying is if she is willing to have her life, face and medical (dental) records scrutinized by a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, why wouldn't she just give a DNA sample. And as the poster before you answered quite nicely that there were things not allowed to be posted on the forum, maybe this has happened. So thankyou for that answer, and I didn't need the smart ass comment from you, Jodibug.

MagicRose99
02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Nobody was trying to compare this to CSI, but people are trying to figure out if the mole on one is the same as the mole on another and trying to figure out if she had the same dental surgery as Anna's mom. All I'm saying is if she is willing to have her life, face and medical (dental) records scrutinized by a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, why wouldn't she just give a DNA sample. And as the poster before you answered quite nicely that there were things not allowed to be posted on the forum, maybe this has happened. So thankyou for that answer, and I didn't need the smart ass comment from you, Jodibug.
Because LE has it's hands in this particular aspect of the case, those in the "know" CANNOT divulge any info INCLUDING whether or not C has submitted DNA for testing.

Nowhere in this thread has it been stated that C refused to have DNA testing done. Until there is a resolution one way or another we will not learn whether or not this has been done.

Dr. Doogie
02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Things are a bit stressful while we wait for LE to complete their investigation. Please understand that every reasonable avenue is being looked into and that we hope to have some partial answers soon. If I could speak more freely, then we probably could have avoided any hurt feelings on the subject, but rest assured, a definitive answer about C is being sought.

Annasmom
02-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Nobody was trying to compare this to CSI, but people are trying to figure out if the mole on one is the same as the mole on another and trying to figure out if she had the same dental surgery as Anna's mom. All I'm saying is if she is willing to have her life, face and medical (dental) records scrutinized by a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, why wouldn't she just give a DNA sample. And as the poster before you answered quite nicely that there were things not allowed to be posted on the forum, maybe this has happened. So thankyou for that answer, and I didn't need the smart ass comment from you, Jodibug.AKgal: The sheriff's office has specifically asked us not to discuss DNA on the forum at this point. It is hard to wait. The moles and the dental surgery are similar, as are other things which make C worth investigating, but these are of course not conclusive. It really helps me if everybody is nice to each other here. Thank you for your post.

LinasK
02-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Anna'sMom, I wish you luck! I sincerely hope for you and am anxiously awaiting to hear that she's the one! I wish you many years to regain time with your lost daughter.

Cubby
02-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Or someone could have read an old newspaper and chosen to use that info.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought this was mentioned somewhere else.... Is it possible that the birth announcement was for another child that died and Anna was a "replacement" (sorry that sounds so cold) for the child? Anyone do any digging on obits of very young children for the time period?

That was my first thought as well, if C actually turns out to be Anna. "C" says her family was dysfunctional so I thought of the possibility that the Birth announcement was for an actual bio-child that could have died from Child abuse...not reported, body disposed of. They might have received notices from the state about why the child wasn't enrolled in school and they panicked. They could have spotted Anna anywhere and thought she resembled the dead child, followed her moves and took her to replace the one they killed. Jan. 16 would have been about the start of a new semester... Sorry, I look at the most devious side of things.

I really hope "C" is Anna, but since it's taken well over 4 months for any answers from LE, I highly doubt she is. If I have learned anything from the hours and hours of ANS coverage taking up air space is a Paternity DNA test done at a private lab cost $475 and results in less than 5 days. Heck if you Google it, you get hundreds of private labs. I don't know but I would highly suspect that Annasmom would pay triple that for an answer in 5 days instead of waiting on back logged state labs that take months. If money is an issue, I could bet you every one of us here would throw some money in the basket to get this done. Sorry, I know we're not supposed to speak of DNA, I'm just beating my head against a wall. :banghead:

Jodibug
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry, I know we're not supposed to speak of DNA, I'm just beating my head against a wall. :banghead:

I know how hard it is to be patient! Hopefully we'll know something soon, one way or the other.

I still think about C often, and I really hope she is doing well.

Dr. Doogie
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
That was my first thought as well, if C actually turns out to be Anna. "C" says her family was dysfunctional so I thought of the possibility that the Birth announcement was for an actual bio-child that could have died from Child abuse...not reported, body disposed of. They might have received notices from the state about why the child wasn't enrolled in school and they panicked. They could have spotted Anna anywhere and thought she resembled the dead child, followed her moves and took her to replace the one they killed. Jan. 16 would have been about the start of a new semester... Sorry, I look at the most devious side of things.

This scenario is perfectly plausible.

I really hope "C" is Anna, but since it's taken well over 4 months for any answers from LE, I highly doubt she is.

Not to say that a DNA test is being done in the case of C, but past history in cold cases has shown that DNA tests can take up to six months once the samples have been collected (SherlockJr can share her stories of frustration in the Melissa Hightower case that she worked on). Samples of Annamom and Anna's two siblings (along with Anna's actual DNA from some articles of clothing that had not been washed) were not completely collected until around the first of this year.

If I have learned anything from the hours and hours of ANS coverage taking up air space is a Paternity DNA test done at a private lab cost $475 and results in less than 5 days. Heck if you Google it, you get hundreds of private labs. I don't know but I would highly suspect that Annasmom would pay triple that for an answer in 5 days instead of waiting on back logged state labs that take months. If money is an issue, I could bet you every one of us here would throw some money in the basket to get this done.

People here have been very kind in offering financial assistance to help move this case forward, but we decided early on that no donations would ever be solicited or accepted. This allows us to avoid any suspicions of ulterior motives to our actions (not that anyone has ever made those accusations, it is just that we want to avoid any hint of impropiety).

In California, LE uses the labs at the Department of Justice for all DNA matters. Because of the high volume of samples being tested, the backlog can be several months. This is especially true concerning cold cases which are usually shuffled behind active recent cases where time is of the essence.

The fact that a DNA profile of Anna is being created is a positive step, regardless of whether C is being tested or not. There is always the possibility that a match will be found somewhere that we have not been looking (an unknown UID or a different girl of unknown origin such as a "Sharon Marshall" type). An answer may come to us when we are the least expecting it.

Sorry, I know we're not supposed to speak of DNA, I'm just beating my head against a wall. :banghead:

Actually, you can talk about DNA all you want - it is just Annasmom, Annasbro and myself that cannot give any specific answers concerning specific actions by LE concerning C and the other aspects of their investigation. :angel:

Annasmom
03-30-2007, 12:30 PM
I know how hard it is to be patient! Hopefully we'll know something soon, one way or the other.

I still think about C often, and I really hope she is doing well.

It's good that you brought this up, Jodibug. As you can imagine, C has suffered an enormous life-altering shock at the mere suggestion that she might be Anna, starting with having Anna's kindergarten picture shown to her and thinking it was a picture of her (never having seen any of her own childhood pictures.) It has been, and still is, extremely difficult for her, and we are unable to speed up the process so that we can learn one way or the other. Whether or not she turns out to be our girl, we certainly have to marvel at the likeness and the seeming coincidences. Meanwhile, we're trying to look into as many other possibilities as we can. Waiting is hard, hard, hard, but necessary.

tuitsweet
03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Annasmom,
Just curious if you have had the opportunity to have an acutual 'conversation' with "C", and if so, does she 'sound' like what you would expect Anna to 'sound like' ?

I have followed your story, and truly believe one day this search will be over for you and your family, and yes, the waiting must be unbearable at times, but all so necessary for everyone to endure.

Jodibug
03-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Waiting is hard, hard, hard, but necessary.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, annasmom.

We all need to remember that since LE is involved, it is probably necessary for any lab testing to be done by their own lab. They also need time to build a case, if one is to be pursued. *If* "C" really is Anna, then there would be a lot more involved than just checking her blood.

While Annasmom is only interested in finding out what happend to her daughter, since LE is involved, she probably doesn't have a lot of say in whether or not the case is pursued from a legal standpoint.

Jodibug
04-11-2007, 11:00 AM
RobinH-

I hope "C" is doing ok with all of the new developments.

How exciting and scary for both her and Annasmom.

and.... I know that some have seemed to criticize "C"'s level of cooperation, but I know that she has done all that she can do. She has gone far beyond what anyone can expect of her. She has really allowed an intrusion into her life, and for that I know that Annasmom is grateful, regardless of the outcome.

(I tried to PM you but your box is full!)

Dr. Doogie
04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
.... I know that some have seemed to criticize "C"'s level of cooperation, but I know that she has done all that she can do. She has gone far beyond what anyone can expect of her. She has really allowed an intrusion into her life, and for that I know that Annasmom is grateful, regardless of the outcome.

I am not aware of anyone being critical, but I know that it has sometimes been frustrating that certain things that seem like they should be easily confirmed by someone's memory have been difficult to draw out of C. That is why I have recently been trying to explain that those incidents that may seem like C is not being cooperative are, in fact, situations where C's memory is not functioning like most of our might. It is hard for most of us to understand that large periods of time are missing from C's memory and that unanswered questions about those periods are not due to uncooperation, but to truly not remembering.

C's cooperation in this whole process has been couragous and admirable. She has been eager to help in anyway that she can. There have been times when she has become overwhelmed and needed to have a cooling-off period, but she has always returned to the process of discovery. She has our thanks.

mysteriew
04-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I had a relatively 'normal' childhood yet I retain very few memories of it, so I can understand her having trouble remembering. Also, if there were any problems with abuse and/or family instability (and I don't know if there was or was not) in her childhood- children sometimes forget their childhood as a kind of coping mechanism.

dhchick04
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I am glad I have finally decided to start reading this thread. I always wanted to but never knew where to start. So, since classes were cancelled today, I started at the very bottom.

When I saw "C's" picture it really did jump out at me at how close she resembles Anna. My question for annasmom would be does this strike you as your child? I know it's being looked into etc, but just on going by her looks do you really see her as being Anna? I ask this because of Shawn Hornbeck. He was recently(Jan.) found and his parents always said they would immediately know his face no matter the length of time that had passed.

I really do hope nothing but the best for you and your family. I admire you all so much. :)

Jodibug
04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Very true. I can only remember a couple of things before the age of 5, and my childhood was cookie-cutter normal.

InterestedNHelping
04-12-2007, 11:41 PM
It is interesting to see those who can and cannot remember, as my husband had a traumatic childhood and blackout before age 3 and can only remember one minor event and it causes him to have a literal 'blackout' seizure(epilepsy that is only blackout/passout) when he forces himself to recall it, so he cannot remember it fully. Because of those issues of trauma before adoption, his memory is blocked out almost purposefully, as a coping mechanism I would guess. As his history has unfolded during the last few months, he is recalling with more comfort, and less blackout of memory, though it was so early his recollections just are not fully there.

MissieMt
04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I just want to give Kudos to Anna's family. Your determination in finding Anna is inspiring to say the least. My prayers are with your family!

Dr. Doogie
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
...When I saw "C's" picture it really did jump out at me at how close she resembles Anna.

RobinH recently did a side-by-side analysis of C and Anna's two parents (Annasmom and George Waters). She pointed out that the most distinctive difference between C and Annasmom was the shape of the end of her nose, but that shape corresponded with GW's nose.

We are not posting any additional pictures of C here because if it turns out that C is not Anna, then C does not want numerous pictures of herself floating around the internet along wih the story that she was entertaining the possibility that her family was not really her family. We have not posted her name, but the more pictures of her in cyberspace, the greater the odds that someone could identify her and create even greater tension between her and her family. This is a wise request by C and we will respect that.

Elberethe
05-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Sorry I have not been around for awhile. I have had to take care of things in my own life. I'm still not going to have very much time, but did get a chance to read this latest development. I have to say that my hair stood up on my neck reading this thread. I can not begin to imagine how you all must feel. I sincerely hope this is Anna.

Annasmom, I worry about the disappointments you have had, but I see how strong you are and you are an inspiration to me. You commended your boys and your pride was well placed. I feel the same reading Annasbro posts; he is so very mature and loving. You do have a wonderful support group gathered around you and you never forget to show your appreciation. I think you are wrong to say you are not an extraordinary person, though. Your commitment, determination, strength, compassion, beauty shine through in every post you make. Your courage to face whatever may come is heroic IMO. Yet, you always have a kind word for others. I have no doubt that come what may, you will face it with the same quiet dignity that you have everything else so far. Still, I worry about you and you are always in my prayers. You are seldom far from my thoughts.

C (if anyone keeps her posted), welcome to Anna's family. If you are Anna, welcome home. You should know that whatever comes, you have crossed paths with this family for a reason and you will never be the same again. This family has grown considerably since Anna went missing. There are so many here who feel Anna's spirit move them to embrace each other and smile in the face of adversity. This is a very special group of people who have only become more special by having shared in Anna's journey. I hope you feel the love and acceptance reach out to you and accept what comfort you can.

My family at Anna's forum, we are blessed to have each other. There is so much violence and hurt in the world today, but we have this priviledge to know goodness, kindness, generosity and love. We can learn patience too. We will probably learn much more then that before it is all over. I am grateful to know people such as those who have come together here. Lifes lessons are so much easier when you have caring people to share them. Give everyone a hug today and thank Anna for bringing us all together. She can't be far from where we are when she is in our hearts.

:blowkiss: too all my family at Anna's forum.

Shadow205
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
What a beautiful post Elberethe. There is a bond among the people who post on Anna's thread that is unlike any I've seen on any other thread. I don't know why it is because people care on other threads but for some reason it is different here.

Dr. Doogie
05-02-2007, 07:57 PM
What a beautiful post Elberethe. There is a bond among the people who post on Anna's thread that is unlike any I've seen on any other thread. I don't know why it is because people care on other threads but for some reason it is different here.

One thing that I have noticed is that we have avoided any of the personal spats that have occured on some other threads. Everyone has been respectful of Anna's family and each other - that goes a loooong way to keeping the good vibes going. Kudos to everyone for playing nice! :clap:

mysteriew
05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Doogie, I have to say this. You are an excellent leader. And you did just that- you led- not pushed.
One of the things that I especially liked about this forum was the fact that no theory was ever just dismissed. No theory was ever too unlikely to be discussed and analyzed. And you have openly encouraged all ideas.
Both you and Anna's mom have been right there to keep things in focus, to point directions and to keep it on topic. LOL, personal spats??? Not here, no time was given for that!

Gina_M
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree - Doogie, you are an excellent leader. In fact, your name came up in another thread here on WS as an example of how an investigation should be led. I think Anna's forum is really a great "role model" for all of us amateur sleuthers :)

Dr. Doogie
05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I have seen some of those other forums where personalities got in the way of investigation and did make a deliberate decision to avoid those here. But even with that intention, it has been the integrity and class of all of those involved here that has guided us to where we are at. I am grateful for everyone here - not just for what you have contributed, but also how you contributed.

MagicRose99
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Robin, please let C know that no matter what the outcome is next week, she has friends and family, right here on WS! I can't image what these past weeks have been like for her, but I do know that she has found a place here in all of our hearts. God bless C and hope the future bring her all that she dreams.

Annasmom and family... you know I love you and admire you and all the strengths you have shown us over these past months. My heart, hope and prayers are with you... I hope the end to your long search is finally over. But, if, by some chance it's not, you know we won't give up... EVER!

Dr. Doogie
05-07-2007, 03:16 AM
I need to ask a favor from all of those who have created websites, mySpace sites, etc.:

Please remove any pictures of C from those sites.

The pictures have served its purpose, but the time has come to remove them. If the results come back as a match, the pictures can be put back up. But if it is not a match, it would be disasterous for that picture to make it in to mass media that would distribute the picture beyond our narrow focus where C's family could see it and create troubles for C. I think you can understand the problems this would cause for her.

Thanks!

MagicRose99
05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I need to ask a favor from all of those who have created websites, mySpace sites, etc.:

The pictures have served its purpose, but the time has come to remove them. If the results come back as a match, the pictures can be put back up. But if it is not a match, it would be disasterous for that picture to make it in to mass media that would distribute the picture beyond our narrow focus where C's family could see it and create troubles for C. I think you can understand the problems this would cause for her.

Thanks!

Hey Doogie! You need to delete the attachment on the first post of this thread if you can... or have a Mod do it!

**Edited to say** I got Jeana to delete the attachments for us! Keeping fingers crossed for good news this week!

RobinH
05-07-2007, 08:21 AM

Thanks!

Doogie, Thanks so much for thinking of this. C greatly appreciates it. Thanks too all WS members for being so kind and considerate of her feelings, she appreciates it more than I could ever tell you. Hugs to all of you.:)

Jodibug
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
And one of the first things I have done is to check for an announcement (not yet!). It could be a very long week!

So what is everyone doing this morning?

I had scheduled vacation days from work Fri/Mon/Tues so I would have five glorious days off. Unfortunately, Friday afternoon I started feeling terrible. Sat morning I went to urgent care and tested positive for strep throat. I've been on antibiotics for two days and I still feel like I've been run over by a freight train. Then yesterday afternoon my daughter came down with it. She has a 102 degree fever. So I'm just waiting for the doc's office to open so I can call and get her an appt.

I'm not looking forward to taking her to the doc because I'm sure I'll get a lecture about starting her on my antibiotic. I didn't want her to suffer any longer than necessary. We don't have ANY urgent care centers open on Sunday. Plus, I'll just tell the doctor that my husband and son don't have any symptoms yet, and I'd really like for my DD to be un-contagious ASAP!

This has turned out to be a great vacation!

I get sick EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I try to take some time off work. You'd think I would learn!

GraceBlue
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Aw I am sorry Jodibug. It is never fun being sick! I hope you and your DD get better soon!!

natasha-cupcake
05-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Jodibug, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope you and your daughter get better soon. That really does stink that you are sick on your days off. Try to pamper yourself at least. You deserve it.

smile22
05-07-2007, 11:46 AM
working at 230-11 so when i get out maybe some news? if not sometime soon

mysteriew
05-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Please let 'C' know that we realize that she is also waiting on the results and that her feelings of anticipation may not have the same focus as ours. Facing an unknown is always hard. Please let her know that no matter what the results are that we do appreciate her help and that our thoughts are with her also.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Okay, this could be good news or bad news, but USUALLY Dr. Doogie is on-line at this time...I wonder where everyone is at and what they are doing? I would just love to be a fly on the wall and know what is going on! I've had the news on all day (Fox) and even missed the idiotic Soap I usually watch. I keep books (from my home) for a small Town, and tomorrow is Payday, if I don't stop checking this board, no one will get a paycheck tomorrow!!

RobinH
05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Okay, this could be good news or bad news, but USUALLY Dr. Doogie is on-line at this time...I wonder where everyone is at and what they are doing? I would just love to be a fly on the wall and know what is going on! I've had the news on all day (Fox) and even missed the idiotic Soap I usually watch. I keep books (from my home) for a small Town, and tomorrow is Payday, if I don't stop checking this board, no one will get a paycheck tomorrow!!

This really IS a tough time for all of us, but just wanted you to all know that I am here, waiting with all the rest of WS. Longest wait that I believe I have ever had in my lifetime. I am only speculating, but I am not expecting anything until at least Thursday or Friday. Don't know if that helps any of you or not.

GraceBlue
05-07-2007, 02:40 PM

I am here checking the forum for Doogie or Annasmom. Obviously, there has been no sight of them. I agree, I hope it means good news! I am like you! I want to know whats going on! I was going to go for a bike ride to the library with my daugter in tow but I know once I sit on the bike I will want to turn around and come home to check the forum!

GraceBlue
05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
This really IS a tough time for all of us, but just wanted you to all know that I am here, waiting with all the rest of WS. Longest wait that I believe I have ever had in my lifetime. I am only speculating, but I am not expecting anything until at least Thursday or Friday. Don't know if that helps any of you or not.

How is C doing? Please give her a BIG hug from all of us!

RobinH
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
How is C doing? Please give her a BIG hug from all of us!

C is a strong woman, and doing well. I'm sure she will be happy to get through this week. I certainly WILL give her a big hug from all as soon as I see her.

MagicRose99
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM

I'm thinking Wednesday at the earliest, but more than likely the end of the week. When has the FBI ever moved fast?!?! LOL!

We'll hold on together... good news or bad, we'll help Doogie and Annasmom and C get through this as much as we can.

InterestedNHelping
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking Wednesday at the earliest, but more than likely the end of the week. When has the FBI ever moved fast?!?! LOL!

We'll hold on together... good news or bad, we'll help Doogie and Annasmom and C get through this as much as we can.

Ditto that on both, and Amen, we are with you...together, regardless!

Jodibug
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I imagine that it will be the end of the week, isn't that the way it always goes! At least we have one day (almost) down.

I am feeling a bit better and so is my DD. I actually mowed half of the yard and then my DH came home and finished it for me.

The nurse and doctor both gave me a lecture about sharing my antibiotics with DD and said that they couldn't even test her for strep now. I did not realize that, and I do feel bad.... but I am not sorry that she is already feeling a little better and she had one less day to suffer.

I explained to them that I TRIED to find urgent care for myself on Friday night and early Saturday morning, but all the 24/7 places have closed down. A couple of years ago both of the hospitals offered 24/7 urgent care, but now no one in town does. If urgent care had been available on Sunday, I would have taken DD to a doc immediately, but that wasn't an option.

They did agree and the doctor said that she had talked with people at the hospital about the need for urgent care at night, but that all the UC places are now using the same office-hours as the other docs keep. They told me to take her to Columbia next time, which is 45 miles away. When I was looking for UC in the middle of the night Friday, it never even occurred to me to drive to Columbia. But I guess I should look that up and find out exactly where I should go in the future.

Now..... I'm off to catch up on the other threads to see if Annasmom or Dr Doogie ever showed up at all today..... I'm guessing from what I see on this thread that they have not.

I sure hope this is good news!!!

Jodibug
05-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Ok, I'm caught up now.

Well, no news is good news, right???

MissieMt
05-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh, I agree about the no news thing.

Today has been pretty hectic for us so far. It started yesterday when we went for a drive and found some houses, turns out they are PERFECT! We've been looking for 4 weeks now, and these new houses they are building are just what we wanted. So, we got to figure everything out today and then we went to make our offer tonight. This is our first house (we were military for 7 years) and we are so excited. So-this week could be a banner week for us!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

annasmomsbro
05-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm on the verge of tearing my hair out (what's left of it). I know my bro is there, and I want to be there, but I anxiously await news, along with all of you who care so much. I just want the news to be good, and the search to be over. I have fond memories of watching Anna run around a restaurant in SF's Chinatown and being mildly scolded for allowing her to do so. And later visiting AnnasMom at the farm (with my new wife and stepdaughter) to try to help/distract/whatever, but just be there.

Cubby
05-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Congrats on the home! Hoping they accept your offer and you hear back soon! AFter all it is a buyers market these days.

MagicRose99
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm on the verge of tearing my hair out (what's left of it). I know my bro is there, and I want to be there, but I anxiously await news, along with all of you who care so much. I just want the news to be good, and the search to be over. I have fond memories of watching Anna run around a restaurant in SF's Chinatown and being mildly scolded for allowing her to do so. And later visiting AnnasMom at the farm (with my new wife and stepdaughter) to try to help/distract/whatever, but just be there.

What a wonderful memory annasmomsbro! Lets hope there are many more memories to make with Anna for you!

Shadow205
05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking Friday. It has been my experience that LE likes to break a big news story on Friday, late in the afternoon. 1 press conference and then all of the big wigs are out of reach for the weekend. This gives the worker bees(investigators) the weekend to continue to work on tying up loose ends without having to deal with the press. They just refer them to someone higher up the food chain who conveniently is not available to answer any more questions. I hope that I am wrong, Friday seems so far away.

Jodibug
05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm thinking Friday. It has been my experience that LE likes to break a big news story on Friday, late in the afternoon. 1 press conference and then all of the big wigs are out of reach for the weekend. This gives the worker bees(investigators) the weekend to continue to work on tying up loose ends without having to deal with the press. They just refer them to someone higher up the food chain who conveniently is not available to answer any more questions. I hope that I am wrong, Friday seems so far away.

Very true. I was hoping we could get a hint prior to a press conference though. ;)

MissieMt
05-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Wow Shadow-that makes complete since, in my opinion. Guess I'll set my anticipation clock for Friday and if news comes sooner then yippee!

MissieMt
05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
It seems so quiet around here, it's making me even more ancey. I really want to turn on the cnn but I know it's just going to give me an anxiety attack if I leave it on too long. Everyone-let me know if things start showing up in the media so I can turn it on then, please!

smile22
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
my alergies are acting up as well as a cold forming last winter/spring 2006 i had one cold all year this past November i get the flue shot and have gotten sick at least 4 times already and the 24hr cold and sinus tablet is not helping. and with the dam alergies and cold im geting even more anxious for some good news regarding the new developments

JDB
05-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Like I said earlier. One way or the other we will know. Annasmom DD and Anna's family will need time to digest what has happened. Along with C.I admit I check this one every couple of hours but.Understand what is going on.

MagicRose99
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Like I said earlier. One way or the other we will know. Annasmom DD and Anna's family will need time to digest what has happened. Along with C.I admit I check this one every couple of hours but.Understand what is going on.

I absolutely am on the same track as you! I know we won't hear immediately, but when things settle and someone has a chance... I have a feeling we'll find out before the media, but the waiting...

I keep looking on-line for just the right prayer... Of hope, of miracles, of dreams... but nothing seems to fit just right.

Shadow205
05-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I absolutely am on the same track as you! I know we won't hear immediately, but when things settle and someone has a chance... I have a feeling we'll find out before the media, but the waiting...

I keep looking on-line for just the right prayer... Of hope, of miracles, of dreams... but nothing seems to fit just right.

That is what I was doing last night but couldn't find just the right one so I posted her:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/mar1957ian/angels/angels.jpg

MagicRose99
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
And she's beautiful Shadow! I wish there were words to express how we feel, but I don't think there is.

Cubby
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Two days down, three to go. 72 hour mark now. Thoughts to Annasfamily, and C.

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 01:30 AM

You are probably right. But I kept getting the feeling that we would hear something today or tomorrow. But that is most likely a result of wishful thinking.

natasha-cupcake
05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Happy Wednesday to all. As we approach an answer, one way or the other, I just wanted to take a moment and say a prayer for the families of all missing loved ones, that they too, may have the possibility of resolution. Hoping you will all join me in a silent moment for all those who suffer from the heartache of the unknown.

christine2448
05-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Happy Wednesday to all. As we approach an answer, one way or the other, I just wanted to take a moment and say a prayer for the families of all missing loved ones, that they too, may have the possibility of resolution. Hoping you will all join me in a silent moment for all those who suffer from the heartache of the unknown.

Most definitely!

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow. It's Wednesday morning and it is so hard to believe that we are sooooo close to the answer!

Praying for everyone involved.

Wishing everyone safe travel.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
I have the news on and every 5 minutes they report...IN CALIFORNIA...There is a wild fire, collage kid arrested for murder, Paris Hilton, and on and on and on...LOL But no Anna! Boy, that state sure has a lot of action going on right now!

In Nebraska, Lori checks her computer between loads of laundry! (NE is not the most newsworthy state...LOL)

smile22
05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah its warm here and im still sick with alergies and a cold i woke up at 6am to bring my mom to work then attempted to watch a movie fell aslep and woke up at 1030 i keep checking the thread every so often today. maybe today will bring news? maybe tomrow

InterestedNHelping
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I just 'feel' like today is the day, even if all of us here at WS may not find out today, I think the answer is coming today...just a gut feeling
I check all the news and local info and the site alot too...lol, anticipation is positive, regardless the answer

Rhett
05-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Me too. Today is the day for those in HMB.

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I actually think that those directly involved already KNOW the answer.

They are just waiting to announce it. I think that some people are still en-route and they are just waiting for everyone to arrive in HMB.

GraceBlue
05-09-2007, 02:11 PM
I actually think that those directly involved already KNOW the answer.

They are just waiting to announce it. I think that some people are still en-route and they are just waiting for everyone to arrive in HMB.

I agree, I think they know the answer.

Gina_M
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Dr. Doogie hasn't logged on since Monday...I wonder if anything is transpiring today...my thoughts are with Annasfamily and C.

Gina_M
05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
You guys may be right...maybe they found out today and are deciding when and how to announce it. My prayers to all involved, regardless of the results. (Oh, the anticipation...)

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
....... or maybe not.

smile22
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
this is killing me waiting and waiting i think im going to head off for a while and clear my congested nose with some hot steam and then get some dinner havent ate since this am and then check back in around 6 maybe news then..

GraceBlue
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
....... or maybe not.

...or maybe they found something else.

Like many of you, I keep going back and forth on whether they know or not. Sometimes when they post I get the feeling they know something and other times they post I get the feeling they dont know anything yet. But everytime someone (who is in touch with Doogie/Annas Family) posts something like "things are crazy here" or "we've made a lot of progression" I am thinking either they know something or they discovered something new.

:banghead: I am thinking too much here! lol

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Dan, Annasbro's friend, assures us they know nothing as of yet... if this waiting is driving us insane... my heart so goes out to the family!

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Perhaps the difference is between "knowing" and "having legal evidence in hand".

I think they "know". ;)

The evidence will be coming any time now.

SanJoaquinValleyGirl
05-09-2007, 04:05 PM
No news from them is good news, If the tests came back as not a match I think they would tell us immediatley. Its like what Doogie said earlier, before the days of DNA we would already have our answer. I agree if it is doing this to us, I can imagine what they are going thru. Hopefully they do have their answer , and I think they do. But cannot yet let us know for many obvious various reasons. My thoughts are with them and hopefully they are celebrating as we wait.

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
No news from them is good news, If the tests came back as not a match I think they would tell us immediatley.

Agreed.

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we have an increased number of guests at this time.

Jodibug
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we have an increased number of guests at this time.

yeah, I've noticed.

(I've also noticed that I've not gotten much work done today, and with only a few mins left, I really need to get out of WS and get busy!)

BBL

smile22
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
i said in another thread here on annas case i wouldnt hop on till after 6 well its 520 and i couldnt wait any longer and still no news i bet tomrrow will be the big day if not friday crossing my fingers for some news soon. the wait is killing me

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
i said in another thread here on annas case i wouldnt hop on till after 6 well its 520 and i couldnt wait any longer and still no news i bet tomrrow will be the big day if not friday crossing my fingers for some news soon. the wait is killing me

Unfortunately, here on the West coast it's only coming on 2:30... we still have a long day ahead of us... LOL!

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I was going to email the radio morning show I listen to(it is heard in 4 other cities around the country) and let them know of this story. Would that be a bad idea? I am debateing bc I don't want to add to the family bombardment upon the results being made public.

I would suspect that Doogie would ask you please do NOT contact the media... leave that to the family - it's THEIR wishes that should be respected at this time.

SanJoaquinValleyGirl
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I havent been this antsy since the Peterson Verdict. :banghead: It does to make you a lil :crazy::crazy::crazy: ! I just so hope the news is good... I have a good feeling:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

RobinH
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I was going to email the radio morning show I listen to(it is heard in 4 other cities around the country) and let them know of this story. Would that be a bad idea? I am debateing bc I don't want to add to the family bombardment upon the results being made public.

I just spoke with Dr.Doogie and he asked me to relay to everyone on WS that he really appreciates your patience. Annasmom and his wishes are that there be no contact with the media at this time for reasons that he will explain soon. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers though. Hoping for a resolution soon.

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I just spoke with Dr.Doogie and he asked me to relay to everyone on WS that he really appreciates your patience. Annasmom and his wishes are that there be no contact with the media at this time for reasons that he will explain soon. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers though. Hoping for a resolution soon.

Thanks for the update Robin! The family's wishes MUST come first in this... (and by family, I am including "C" and her wishes!)

KT Can
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM
OMG I'm sneaking on at work!!! I promised myself I would wait until I got home to check in but I CAN'T STAND THE WAITING!!! I'll PAY someone to email me the outcome if it comes in during the daytime tomorrow or Friday... ;) ;) ;)

GraceBlue
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
OMG I'm sneaking on at work!!! I promised myself I would wait until I got home to check in but I CAN'T STAND THE WAITING!!! I'll PAY someone to email me the outcome if it comes in during the daytime tomorrow or Friday... ;) ;) ;)

I will be happy to e-mail you but for free!

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 06:25 PM
As hard as it is to wait, we have to remember this has been years in getting this far. We do not want to do anything premature now that it has gotten this far.
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning- will I get what I want for Christmas, will I get something I like even better that I didn't ask for? Christmas morning always came, and I always made it to morning.
And we will make it until the morning that the news comes. In some ways the anticipation is as exciting as the news we are anticipating.

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 06:29 PM
As hard as it is to wait, we have to remember this has been years in getting this far. We do not want to do anything premature now that it has gotten this far.
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning- will I get what I want for Christmas, will I get something I like even better that I didn't ask for? Christmas morning always came, and I always made it to morning.
And we will make it until the morning that the news comes. In some ways the anticipation is as exciting as the news we are anticipating.

LOL! I agree... that is a very apt description of us! LOL! Morning will come...

Gina_M
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
If we are kids waiting for Christmas morning...does that mean Dr. Doogie is Santa Claus? :laugh: :D

MagicRose99
05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
If we are kids waiting for Christmas morning...does that mean Dr. Doogie is Santa Claus? :laugh: :D

LMAO!!! From pics I've seen... he could well be... LOL! :D

smile22
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
doogie we need updates even if u have no news for us i bet u friday the news will be out

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
doogie we need updates even if u have no news for us i bet u friday the news will be out

With LE involvement much of that will be out of their hands. Until LE is where they need to be, the family and Dr. D. will be bound to keep it quiet. Also, there is the protection of the family to consider. They will need time to meet, to become accustomed to whatever the news is, and to do it in privacy. Unfortunately, this board is public. We have already noted an increase in the number guests. So to make an announcement- would put it into the public domain. Robin and DBradford have been kind enough to let us know that while things are moving, there is no information they can announce yet (news of the DNA or whatever is going on behind the scenes). I think we can wait until they can safely let us know something concrete. That way there will be no media guessing or anything that might endanger whatever is happening. After all in comparsison to what is at stake our need to know takes a backseat.

Annasunc
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM

I just talked with Annasmom and, while we're all tired of waiting, it would be the absolute worst thing we could do if we try to apply pressure though media attention now. If that happens and LE clams up, we'll be out of the loop completely until they get good and ready to tell us something. At least right now they return our phone calls. If they feel we're not cooperating with them, we might not know what's in the report for days, Weeks, MONTHS ...

Please, it's like we're walking a tightrope in a hurricane and right now we're somewhere in the middle -- if someone starts starts shaking the rope, it's a bad thing. Thanks for understanding. :banghead:

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Since we are all here and waiting together we might as well have a bit of fun.

Rules: I hate rules but every game has to have them.
Closest guess as to the date and time the announcement will be made. Dates to be between now and Fri. at Midnight. More than one person can guess the same date and time.

Prize: Winner gets to have the trophy

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a255/mysteriew/misc/trophy.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My guess is Thurs. May 10 at 3:48 pm my time, that makes it 12:45 pm California time.

raindrops300
05-09-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll play. I'll guess Friday, May 11, at 11:12 am, pacific time. Although I hope it's sooner than that.

KT Can
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
My guess is that it will be between 7:30 am & 5:30 pm tomorrow or Friday, CUZ I'LL BE AT WORK & WON'T BE ABLE TO CHECK MY WS'S!!! :razz: :banghead:

What the heck though, I'll go with 11:37 am on Friday, central time, but I'm praying that its sooner!!!

mysteriew
05-09-2007, 11:01 PM
LOL, I never even thought of the time zone differences. I guess we really ought to convert this to Pacific time since that is where the action is. Anybody good with time zones that can explain the time difference in the different time zones?

Time zone converter
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

mfmangel1
05-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I thought we all knew we were not to make contact with the media at this point.

We had done so previously to bring attention to the case, but once LE was completely involved again and the DNA tests performed, DD and Annasmom backed away from the media. I believe LE had advised them to at a certain point due to the possible criminal activities involved in the case. Obviously, a person/people somewhere committed a criminal act/crimes that caused Anna's disappearance. The person(s) does not need to hear about the details in the media.

The family and "C" do not need the media to add to the quiet chaos they are experiencing right now, as they await what may be the biggest news in their lives. That would be a nightmare.

I realize all anyone has to do is log on here to see the details of what we already know, but that is why some info has been removed; such as "C's" pictures, etc...But, please, let's not use the media for pressure. We are much too close!

KT Can
05-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I will be happy to e-mail you but for free!

Bless you GraceBlue!!! :blowkiss:

I'll PM you my email address....

SanJoaquinValleyGirl
05-10-2007, 12:41 AM
.But, please, let's not use the media for pressure. We are much too close![/quote]
I totally agree.

Cubby
05-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Funny you posted this, I thought about the same thing.

Thursday 2:30pm pacific time. Announcement to principals, I'm not confident a public announcement will be made before the week is up. Which is ok....... I think we can live with knowing the principals have the answer.

Cubby
05-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Still counting down.... less than 48 hours now until the principals have an answer. I'm hoping we will get a "public" announcement before the weekend starts, but will be ok with knowing the principals have their answer in case we don't.

Prayers to all.....

SanJoaquinValleyGirl
05-10-2007, 02:16 AM
I don't think an announcement will be made before Monday, but if I have to choose between now and Friday Midnight. I pick Friday 7:25pm Pacific Time. :waitasec: I predict the DNA test will confirm it is Anna .:clap: :woohoo:

Annasunc
05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

Hi Websleuthers, sorry I haven't posted too frequently the last couple of weeks (work has been brutal), but I finally got a chance to read everything here and get up to date.

I talk with Annasmom daily, mostly small talk just to show her my support, and I can tell you two things:

1. She doesn't know the results of the tests. If she did, I could tell by the sound of her voice. She wouldn't be able to hide that from me.

2. She's pretty much hit overload at this point and has gone into survival mode. She does what she can to take her mind off the unrelenting anticipation of the sudden ring of the telephone, the unannounced police car pulling into the driveway, the knock on the door that will change her life forever ... She tries to take her mind off it by working in the garden picking snails off the primroses, or practicing the piano and going to rehearsals and pretending that her anxiety is just about the upcoming performances. She loves you all, but can't bring herself to read the forum, because even the words of wellwishers don't allow her those rare moments of peace when she can pretend that today is just another normal day when the most important things she has to worry about are doing laundry and shopping for groceries.

If I may make a few guesses for "The Waiting Game" being played on another thread in this forum, my first guess is that LE will make the announcement at 4:50 p.m. PDT (7:50 Eastern Time) this Friday, too late for the evening news and at a transition time when the TV station B-teams take over (there are exceptions, so if any of you are reporters who work the weekend shift, I'm sure I'm not talking about you). My second guess is 4:50 p.m. Friday, May 18. My third guess is 4:50 p.m. Friday, May 25. I won't make any more guesses because I don't want to contemplate that the Waiting Game won't be over by then. :banghead:

Love to you all.:blowkiss:

Cubby
05-10-2007, 03:05 AM
Annasunc -

Thank you for the update. I can't imagine your sisters anxiety right now. I'm glad she is doing her best to keep herself busy, and certainly understand her need to stay away from the forum for the time being. There has been so much activity the past few days.

The 4:50 time frame you presented makes so much sense.

If by chance we don't hear from her before Sunday, please wish her a wonderful mothers day. She is a terrific mom, and a terrific lady.

MagicRose99
05-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Thanks Annasunc for the update! We may be jittery here, but we all know those in HMB are far, far more fragile than ours! Please, don't worry about us here... as anxious as we are, Annasmom, AnnasBro's, Doug... all of the family's needs are the ones that must come first. We'll survive...

Gracelin
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I will play .. Friday at 8.pm pacific time.

If "C" is Anna will you have a pool on her weight and height? :D

Mysteriew, Thank you for being the calm voice of reason,On this thread the last few days.

Tuffy101
05-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Mothers Day Morning of or Dateline Friday Special I know that is more then one guess its too close to mothers day !
Just to add Ya! Ain't gonna believe this I read that on Tuesday the largest Explosion of a Star ever looked like fireworks from earth. Hummmmmm !

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I think it will be this morning 9:30 PST

dhchick04
05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I thought we all knew we were not to make contact with the media at this point.

We had done so previously to bring attention to the case, but once LE was completely involved again and the DNA tests performed, DD and Annasmom backed away from the media. I believe LE had advised them to at a certain point due to the possible criminal activities involved in the case. Obviously, a person/people somewhere committed a criminal act/crimes that caused Anna's disappearance. The person(s) does not need to hear about the details in the media.

The family and "C" do not need the media to add to the quiet chaos they are experiencing right now, as they await what may be the biggest news in their lives. That would be a nightmare.

I realize all anyone has to do is log on here to see the details of what we already know, but that is why some info has been removed; such as "C's" pictures, etc...But, please, let's not use the media for pressure. We are much too close!

Hey everyone. First of all, so sorry for the misunderstanding. I really shouldn't post when I have been up for 48+ hours studying for finals--my brain is mush. I actually meant AFTER the results etc when the family is ready. I mean't this because I'm not 100% sure how nationwide this will get. Of course, it will be a huge story if the results are positive. So, babbling over I DO, of course, want what is best for all parties involved. And, I DO appologize for not stateing exactly what my intentions were and for wording it incorrectly. As I stated I did not mean to ruffle any feathers and the last thing I would want is to cause Anna's family, C, and everyone else involved any more stress.

mysteriew
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I will play .. Friday at 8.pm pacific time.

If "C" is Anna will you have a pool on her weight and height? :D

Mysteriew, Thank you for being the calm voice of reason,On this thread the last few days.

ROFL!!! Me calm???
We just have to keep in mind that as anxious as we are, we have more than one goal. First goal of course is to find out about the DNA. If the test is positive (and I think it will be) the second goal is to allow a successful reunion of the family. Yes, I want to know. But I haven't waited nearly as long as Anna's Mom (plus she has more bonds in this), so she gets all the time she needs before I need to know.

LOL, Ht. and Weight pool wouldn't be fair- Robin would win.

MagicRose99
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone. First of all, so sorry for the misunderstanding. I really shouldn't post when I have been up for 48+ hours studying for finals--my brain is mush. I actually meant AFTER the results etc when the family is ready. I mean't this because I'm not 100% sure how nationwide this will get. Of course, it will be a huge story if the results are positive. So, babbling over I DO, of course, want what is best for all parties involved. And, I DO appologize for not stateing exactly what my intentions were and for wording it incorrectly. As I stated I did not mean to ruffle any feathers and the last thing I would want is to cause Anna's family, C, and everyone else involved any more stress.

I firmly believe it isn't anyone's place to draw attention to this latest development by anyone EXCEPT the family members - even after results are known. It should be their decision by how much or how little exposure this draws. The family (this includes "C") need to have control over this... whether they do all the releasing or they ask us to participate... we need to wait for their words of wisdom.

We all know that we're being "watched" here in this forum, and I have a feeling media outlets are watching too... but honestly... this is something that the family needs to control - make the decisions on - and I would hope everyone, including those who may be in the media, waiting and watching, will respect as well as us members.

MagicRose99
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I couldn't even begin to guess... personally, I want it NOW! LOL! But, with the luck I have, I'm probably jinxing them and they won't hear this week, but next... which'll have us all in the "padded room" before this is finished... :angel:

JDB
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
They will know by 6:00 PST today. We will have to wait for all the commotion and emtions to settle down. We will hear one way or the other 5/11

RobinH
05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
ROFL!!! Me calm???
We just have to keep in mind that as anxious as we are, we have more than one goal. First goal of course is to find out about the DNA. If the test is positive (and I think it will be) the second goal is to allow a successful reunion of the family. Yes, I want to know. But I haven't waited nearly as long as Anna's Mom (plus she has more bonds in this), so she gets all the time she needs before I need to know.

LOL, Ht. and Weight pool wouldn't be fair- Robin would win.

This is too funny :) I bet if you go back and look through old posts you will find that Annasmom posted her guess a long time ago, and in another post, I confirmed this information. So in fact, we all already know this information. If C is in fact Anna, Annasmom was very close in her ideas on height and weight. Ha Ha, we ALL win:dance:

Rhett
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
what it is going to be like when and if "C" is Anna? What will we all do with ourselves then? Where will we go? What will we do? LOL

Jodibug
05-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Just what we need here..... more rain!

JanetElaine
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
what it is going to be like when and if "C" is Anna? What will we all do with ourselves then? Where will we go? What will we do? LOL

Reunite another family. :)

mfmangel1
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Perhaps the family has already appointed a "family spokesperson" that will speak on their behalf when and if necessary....Perhaps DD? Perhaps a family member.

Some people facing the media regarding private matters would prefer to initially have a "spokesperson" handle matters before they talk to the media themselves.

Just a thought.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
What if the 2 Georges had absolutely nothing to do with Anna disappearance, and it was just a spur of the moment abduction by someone who wanted a child. I think about all the hours work many have done trying to figure out who GB & MK where. It would be a drag if that was all done in vain!

Gina_M
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Perhaps the family has already appointed a "family spokesperson" that will speak on their behalf when and if necessary....Perhaps DD? Perhaps a family member.

Some people facing the media regarding private matters would prefer to initially have a "spokesperson" handle matters before they talk to the media themselves.

Just a thought.

In this post by Dr. Doogie, he did say a spokesperson has been appointed who knows the "news game":

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1471184&postcount=372

Jodibug
05-10-2007, 03:36 PM
If I were Annasmom, I would be far too overwhelmed to speak to anyone.

mysteriew
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
What if the 2 Georges had absolutely nothing to do with Anna disappearance, and it was just a spur of the moment abduction by someone who wanted a child. I think about all the hours work many have done trying to figure out who GB & MK where. It would be a drag if that was all done in vain!

You've uncovered enough to know that GB likely isn't who he said he was, so irregardless that is still one more unsolved mystery.

Well it looks like my guess was wrong!

tuitsweet
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM

There are so many missing children, unaccounted for, and families looking for and wishing for 'a resolution' , there certainly will be PLENTY to do, if you so choose to get involved !!:D Please do not forget that others need your wonderful skills too!

Dr. Doogie
05-10-2007, 08:24 PM
We received the DNA results this afternoon and they are negative - C is not Anna.

Everyone both here in HMB and back with C is taking this in stride. Everyone is so grateful for all of the help and prayers that you all have provided to get us to this point. We will be taking a couple of days to decompress and re-evaluate what the next step in the search will be, but the search will definitely continue and Websleuths will continue to be at the heart of that search.

I haven't had access to a computer for a few days, but I understand that it was suggested that media be notified of a possible news story breaking. I know that Annasunc asked that we all sit tight and not contact the media at this point - let me explain why. We have been working with a film crew from a news magazine on a major network this week about Anna's story. Since the negative results meant that we did not have the story that they hoped to have, it is debatable now whether the footage will be used - they may use it now, may hold on to it until we do have "the rest of the story" or they may shelve it. Part of our agreement with them was a trade-off - they get exclusive footage and they would then provide certain footage for "pool coverage" that other outlets could use. We were attempting to avoid the media "feeding frenzy" that often accompanies the breaking news of events such as what we had hoped would occur. Part of this agreement was that they would not break the story until either we or LE had made a public announcement, or that the story broke by other media. Because of this, we wanted to control the involvement by other media sources that would disrupt our timetable. Up to this point, we have desired any media involvement, but at this juncture, any additional media involvement would have muddied up the works. Great idea, but you were all not aware of what was happening behind the scenes.

The search for Anna will continue. Websleuths will be the forum that we continue to use to access the wonder help that you all offer. On behalf of the family and friends of Anna, thank you for everything that you have done up to this point and for the help that you will continue provide.

GraceBlue
05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you for updating us Doogie. Thank you C for being such a good sport in all this. And Bless Anna's family. WE WILL NOT GIVE UP THE SEARCH FOR ANNA!

JDB
05-10-2007, 08:32 PM
DD Now that we know C is not Anna.What are the chances are evryone there decompress . We try getting answers about Jonestown? I was hoping but the good lord has his reason for all of this.
Please give Anna's family and C my love. And yes grace C went the extra mile here.

Dr. Doogie
05-10-2007, 08:33 PM
The film crew interviewed both Annasmom and myself. They also filmed some background footage of Annasmom rehearsing for a concert. The producer and the crew a both fine journalists and fine people. After the negative results, they all came in - no camera and no tapes - just to offer their condolances and thanks for Annasmom letting them into her home and life for the last few days. And making good on a promise, Annasmom then gave the producer a short piano lesson in thanks for their kindness. These guys were a class act.

MissieMt
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
God Bless all of you. I will continue to keep Anna and all of you in my prayers. He won't bring you to it if He can't bring you through it-those words have always kept me going.

MagicRose99
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the news Doogie! Even though it's not what we were praying for, our search will go on! Me and my trusting PSP are waiting to do more composites for you... we WILL find Anna for her family.

Thank you "C" for letting us into your life and hopefully you'll always consider yourself a part of our family here. If there's anything we can do to help you with your search... all you have to do is ask!

(((HUGS))) to all!

GraceBlue
05-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Doogie...did they run the DNA in CODIS for a match with an unidentified?

InterestedNHelping
05-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you 'C' for letting all of this into your life, we so appreciate the wonderful person you are...Anna's family, we are all still here, ready willing and able to assist you, for as long as it takes, Blessings

PSUfan
05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
I am praying for "C", and praying that the search continues. Oh, I am so sorry that this did not work out the way we had hoped.

Lisahas2cats
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I hope that everyone involved eventually gets resolution and answers. I have either not read closely, or it has been kept very quiet, what "C"'s background situation is that made her a strong possibility in the first place, but I especially hope that she gets the answers she seeks.

Dr. Doogie
05-10-2007, 09:32 PM
...what "C"'s background situation is that made her a strong possibility in the first place...

Many of the details about C's past have been purposely left off the forum(or obscured) to protect her privacy. In general, there were major questions as to whether she was in fact related to her "family" or not. Those questions still remain, it is just whether she was Anna or not that have been answered today.

mfmangel1
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
The Lord's spirit and guiding angels will keep all of us going.

Still sending special thoughts and prayers for everyone involved.

Though I feel heartbroken, I truly believe we will find dear Anna.

gidget641
05-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I have never posted before on any of Anna's threads. Mainly because any thought that I could come up with seemed to have already been mentioned by other posters.

However, I have been right here with everyone checking several times a day to see if in fact anna had been found. While I am disappointed for "c", Annasmom, and the rest of the family. I have faith that sooner or later everyones hard work will pay off.

Dr. Doogie to you I must say you are a remarkable person. Anna's family has a true gem of a friend in you. I have no doubt that your determination will get to the bottom of this very sad mystery.

gidget

JanetElaine
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh my gosh.... I'm sorry it turned out this way. Big hugs for Annasmom and family, and for C. And for Doogie. But you're family, right? :)

I will be keeping everyone in my prayers still. I'm not too great of a sleuth, but I'm hoping and praying the combined efforts of everyone will lead to Anna being found.

I'm also hoping C will find the answers to her questions. No doubt this all put her on a more or less unstoppable course with those, too.

My very, very best wishes to all involved.

annemc2
05-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow. I am so impressed by everyone who has been involved in the search for Anna and the identity of "C."

Annasmom (as well as everyone so closely connected to this, including C and JoeFord) is the epitome of class and grace, handling this rollercoaster of emotions with such great dignity.

At the risk of sounding veerrrry cheesy, I have to say that the search for Anna has reaffirmed my belief in innate human good and kindness. We have all been brought together by a very special girl - now let's find her.

Shadow205
05-10-2007, 09:49 PM
DD, please give everyone there a big WS's hug from all of us. This really is not the news that I thought that we would hear.
When you are ready just let us know and we'll pick up where we left off in the search for Anna.

gardenmom
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry the search must go on, but on it must go. Love to you.

christine2448
05-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Shadow has a collection of pictures of Anna, I asked her to post some......I am thinking of her as I hear this news.....where is she?

I am so proud of you all. Hugs to all involved, I don't know what else to say. I can't even begin to understand what you all are going through.

I am not very familiar with C and her circumstances, but I send her love and prayers.......I'm not sure what C is searching for...but I am sure whatever she is searching for you Wsers can and will help her if she wishes.

Shadow205
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/1343377924_m.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/shadow205/AWaters2.jpg

InterestedNHelping
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I wanted to mention how entirely amazing and kind those who are working on this case truly are...there were many many people in this public forum, waiting for those results, and all of them kept quiet, respecting the wish of this family, and not contacting media or seeking any personal gain, and it is very impressive. The people in this forum are a group of talented, genuine and caring people.Blessings to my fellow WS'ers, you are a treasured bunch!

joellegirl
05-10-2007, 10:44 PM
It is good to have the answer, even though it wasn't the answer we were hoping for. I admit I am bummed but I think we are on the right track and we are getting closer to finding Anna. This is such a great group here and if it is possible to find Anna this group will! Hugs to Anna's family, Doogie and "C". We will continue to be here for all of you as you continue your journey.

mysteriew
05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
DD, please give everyone there a big WS's hug from all of us. This really is not the news that I thought that we would hear.
When you are ready just let us know and we'll pick up where we left off in the search for Anna.

I second this motion!

I was so hoping this was a match, that Anna had been found. I cannot imagine what the family is going through right now. I am so so sorry.

The only thing I can offer just like others have is that the search can go again. This time with some advantages. The DNA is in the system, more is known about the situation now and it has gotten attention from LE again. And when you all are ready, it goes forward here too. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

sissy's mom
05-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news...
prayers to your family.. Annasmom

and to C

mysteriew
05-10-2007, 11:45 PM
'C' by now you know. I am so sorry. You tried, you were dealing with the issues of 'if' and now it is negative. But bless your heart for the trying and for taking the chance.

The fact that it is negative is not your fault in anyway. And yes, there is disappointment. But for a brief point in time you brought some hope and you breathed life into an investigation that had gone cold. For that I thank you.

I also thank you for lending us your story and for allowing time for all this to work out. I know it came at a cost to you and I truly hope you will be able to adjust to this news and continue to go forward with your life. Please know that you have made friends here, without even being here.

kyresearcher
05-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I know this is disappointing news for Anna's family, DrDoogie, C and all the sleuthers but we will come back stronger than ever when everyone has had time to digest these results.
Everyone has worked so hard to find Anna and we will continue until she is found! Never have I ever seen so much dedication and outpouring of love as I have seen on this forum. Praying that God will give the family comfort today and each day as we continue our search for precious Anna.

SherlockJr
05-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Our disappointment with the results is only temporary. We have also learned some lessons in the past 6 months for future possible Anna's we may run into. Annasmom is an inspiration for all of us to continue the search for Anna Christian Waters. :clap:

Cubby
05-11-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm sorry these weren't the results we had hoped for or expected. Thanks to C for the courage she demonstrated in working through this with us. I pray that she too finds the answers she is seeking. She has a group of friends here should she need us.

Hugs to Annasmom family and friends. We'll keep searching. I believe one day we will find Anna

natasha-cupcake
05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
There is not much else I can say that hasn't been said already. Hugs and prayers to all, most especially to you, Annasmom.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-11-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm so very sorry the results where negative. The only words I can muster up come from the Bible. "May the Lord look on you with favor and give you peace." (Numbers 6.26)

MagicRose99
05-11-2007, 10:06 AM
We received the DNA results this afternoon and they are negative - C is not Anna.

Everyone both here in HMB and back with C is taking this in stride. Everyone is so grateful for all of the help and prayers that you all have provided to get us to this point. We will be taking a couple of days to decompress and re-evaluate what the next step in the search will be, but the search will definitely continue and Websleuths will continue to be at the heart of that search.

I haven't had access to a computer for a few days, but I understand that it was suggested that media be notified of a possible news story breaking. I know that Annasunc asked that we all sit tight and not contact the media at this point - let me explain why. We have been working with a film crew from a news magazine on a major network this week about Anna's story. Since the negative results meant that we did not have the story that they hoped to have, it is debatable now whether the footage will be used - they may use it now, may hold on to it until we do have "the rest of the story" or they may shelve it. Part of our agreement with them was a trade-off - they get exclusive footage and they would then provide certain footage for "pool coverage" that other outlets could use. We were attempting to avoid the media "feeding frenzy" that often accompanies the breaking news of events such as what we had hoped would occur. Part of this agreement was that they would not break the story until either we or LE had made a public announcement, or that the story broke by other media. Because of this, we wanted to control the involvement by other media sources that would disrupt our timetable. Up to this point, we have desired any media involvement, but at this juncture, any additional media involvement would have muddied up the works. Great idea, but you were all not aware of what was happening behind the scenes.

The search for Anna will continue. Websleuths will be the forum that we continue to use to access the wonder help that you all offer. On behalf of the family and friends of Anna, thank you for everything that you have done up to this point and for the help that you will continue provide.

I've been thinking... I really hope that this news magazine show would go ahead and air this episode. Not only would it show the plight that some families go through to find their loved ones, it would bring national attention for Anna... and maybe... just maybe, someone out there has info for us...

Someone might recognize a grown Anna...
Someone might recognize something they saw, something they heard... that they didn't realize at the time...
Someone might recognize a pic of GB...
Someone might have info on MK

Can we appeal to this show to air what they have?

AMF
05-11-2007, 10:32 AM
We all share in the disappointment, but we also all share in the gifts that God's given us through this experience. The gifts of reigniting interest in Anna's Story, the gifts of bring Anna's family and friends closer together, the gift of "C" and her story, and the gift of the renewed investigations.

I can only imagine the swell of emotions felt by the family and friends, but I can see that no one is willing to stop... this family of WS is ready and willing to press on. We may not know God's plan in all of this, but we do know he has one. Our jobs are to push on to the next level.

I like the idea of national attention to the story and the heartbreak. It may very well be the key to someone else and what is needed. Time to get back to work on this case!

AMF

Mr. E
05-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm so sorry. I was really hoping and hoping. The search isn't over yet. Somewhere, somebody has got to know something.

Gina_M
05-11-2007, 01:28 PM
The search will continue. As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never, never, never, never give up!"

smile22
05-11-2007, 07:07 PM
prayers to anna's mom and family c and everyone else we will keep on searching. i wrote another poem

we will keep on searching
far and wide
for answers
we need to find
prayers faith
is what we need
never giving up
a dedicated
group of
websleuthers
fighting and searching
till we find
anna

JDB
05-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey do I win the prize?? I said 6:00 yesterday:crazy:

Tuffy101
05-11-2007, 08:06 PM
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it's not going to go away." -- Elvis Presley

mysteriew
05-12-2007, 01:27 AM
Hey do I win the prize?? I said 6:00 yesterday:crazy:

You surely do! Take the trophy!

Annasmom
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, all of us have mothers and some of us are mothers, so the greeting is to one and all. I've been trying to think what to say to the WebSleuthers who were so hopeful that we would have had some answers by today. All I can think of is the words to a choral piece I heard a few months ago. They go something like:

I believe in the sun
Even when it's dark.
I believe in love
Even when there is no feeling.
I believe in God
Even when God is silent.

I may not know what has become of Anna, but somewhere it is known. I haven't given up. And I want to tell all of you how grateful I am for your affection, your skillful searching, and your support.

Gina_M
05-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Annasmom,

I love that poem. Its words have gotten me through some difficult times. Thank you for being so kind to all of us. Hope you have a very happy Mother's Day :blowkiss:

JanetElaine
05-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Happy Mother's Day to you too, Annasmom (and to all moms here).
Thank you for that poem. You have no idea how bad I needed to be reminded of it's message today. Thank you.

rideforfun
05-14-2007, 10:57 AM
My blessings to "c" for letting us explore this idea. I hope she'll continue to look for her answers -- maybe doing a DNA with her sibling to determine if they are full, half or not related. I hope as she continues her journey about her past she builds her dream life with her husband and her family. She has shown herself to be a wonderful, compassionate person and like all of you I just wish her the best of everything.

Blessings to Anna's family in this time of reflection. I agree with everyone who points out all that we have learned and our resolve to keep going.

Cubby
05-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Someone else asked and it wasn't answered. Was the dna run through codis?

Jodibug
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM
This is the first time I have posted since the results. I have been reading, but I really just don't know what to say. Honestly, I don't understand it at all. It seems illogical to me that C could have all those memories that should have been exclusive to Anna.

I still don't know what to think or say. I just want Annasmom and C to know that I have been thinking of them.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
05-15-2007, 03:52 PM

I've wondered this as well. If Anna's DNA was ruled out for Sharon Marshall match months ago, it seems that it should have been compared to every Doe out there by now. That question is never answered. Maybe it was over looked.

LinasK
05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Honestly, I don't understand it at all. It seems illogical to me that C could have all those memories that should have been exclusive to Anna.

That's been bothering me too... how to explain that.

Dr. Doogie
05-15-2007, 04:23 PM

I believe that it has, but I will be working to confirm that shortly.

I was waiting in the backyard while the detective delivered the results to Annasmom (I wanted to allow the family the privacy that the moment demanded), so I did not get a chance to speak to him. I will contact the detective via email and get the answer to this question.