PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Girl Set Mom's Bed on Fire, Faked Abduction of Herself, Siblings

ajc2804
11-28-2006, 02:39 PM
PERU, Ind. A 12-year-old girl set fire to her sleeping mother's bed and took off in the family car to fake the abduction of herself and her two younger siblings, police said.

Authorities began looking for the girl, her 8-year-old brother and her 6-year-old sister early Monday after their mother called 911. The 29-year-old woman said she had awakened with her bed on fire and discovered her children and car were missing.

Police called the woman's cell phone and spoke to the 12-year-old, sheriff's Sgt. Gary Glassburn said. The girl told officers she and her siblings had been kidnapped and forced to drive south while the abductor followed in another vehicle.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,232371,00.html

2sisters
11-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Things don't sound right in this family.

southcitymom
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Things don't sound right in this family.
That's the understatement of the year!

Opie
11-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Definitely some serious problems there.

cynpat2000
11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I just wonder if the mother was abusive to the kids.

southcitymom
11-29-2006, 09:23 AM
I just wonder if the mother was abusive to the kids.
Sounds like the 12-year-old certainly thought she was!

teonspaleprincess
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
If the girl was upset about chores as the mother claims, why did she go through the trouble of taking the little ones with her? Seems like she would have just taken off by herself. I wonder if the police even questioned the girl or the other kids before returning them to the mother.

SewingDeb
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
I hope someone is looking closely at the home situation. It's not normal for a 12 year old to set her mother's bed on fire.

j2mirish
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
I hope someone is looking closely at the home situation. It's not normal for a 12 year old to set her mother's bed on fire.
I hope not--- I have a 12 year old daughter :crazy:

I agree, it is strange she took the little ones away with her-- she may have some serious ANGER issues, but maybe she was trying to save the little ones as well-

txsvicki
11-30-2006, 12:41 AM
The girl must have been trying to kill her mother. Hopefully if there's abuse the kids will tell.

SewingDeb
11-30-2006, 01:27 AM
I hope not--- I have a 12 year old daughter :crazy:

I agree, it is strange she took the little ones away with her-- she may have some serious ANGER issues, but maybe she was trying to save the little ones as well-

I have a 12 year old son...lol.

I hope that's why she took them with her. She may have had other plans....that would just be too evil to imagine at her age.

Gmommy
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I can't even imagine it. What was she thinking and where did her cockamamie story about the abductor following her come from. Obviously this girl does not watch enough television ;) Must've been a lot of chores for her to snap this badly.

I know at the age of 12 I was probably a pretty evil child at times-I hated doing my own chores and ran away more than once from a home that as far as I remember was not abusive. I hope this girl receives counseling that she obviously needs.