PDA

View Full Version : Watch for Devon tomorrow in People Magazine

Anngelique
11-30-2006, 11:24 PM
My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.

JBean
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
Sorry about his poor little legs.

Anngelique
11-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I can't wait to see the article Laura. I am glad that Devon continues to improve overall. Our own miracle.
Sorry about his poor little legs.

Thanks Jelly. His poor legs make me mad. I wish the care home he was in could have just exercised them whether they were paid or not. Or I wish he was placed closer so we could have done it ourselves (family) but I don't think the doctors mentioned this could happen. But like I said they honestly didn't think he'd wake up so he was getting just minimal care I believe.

2luvmy
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I'll be sure to keep a look out for the stories!!!!

Sheromom
11-30-2006, 11:53 PM
How exciting for you and your family!! I can't wait to ready about him!

mfmangel1
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
What wonderful news! That's terrific!

What a miracle Devon is. :innocent:

Truly remarkable.

nanandjim
12-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I'll be looking, too. I subscribe to People. :)

SieSie
12-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I haven't bought a People magazine in ages, but I think I'll buy this issue as I've prayed for Devon, too, and can't wait to see how good he's doing. I remember watching the one video clip of him and being impressed with how far he had come at that point - I'm still praying that he continues to recover every day, and that his legs do heal. Bless you and your family.

cricket
12-01-2006, 12:24 AM
My nephew Devon who woke up after a 2 year coma is being featured in People magazine Friday according to my brother. He called yesterday to tell me. I know so many of you have been praying for his recovery and following his miracle recovery. So here's a head's up. 20/20 is also working on a feature on Devon for their show. I will let you know when that's ready to air.

As a side note Devon is talking much better now. He's understanding and reading even. His legs are very messed up from being in a fetal type position for the 2 years in the coma. Medicaid didn't pay for his legs to be exercised daily and so they were not done on a regular basis. (They wouldn't pay for it because they never thought he'd wake up). I guess my brother and his wife didn't know this. Now his ligaments are fractured and he can put no real weight on his legs. This is very painful and we don't know how long it will take to heal. So that's the worst setback right now. Other than that we're thinking the sky's the limit to his recovery.
I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible.

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm looking forward to reading the article. I'll be praying for his recovery. The same thing happened to my father - he was in a coma and the doctors were so sure he was going to die that they didn't even suggest any physical therapy. We believed them when they told us that he was not going to wake up, and that "family decisions would need to be made." We didn't know to ask about physical therapy or to just be exercising him ourselves.

He woke up after 14 days and just started talking. His body was all crunched up, his legs were bent really bad. He ended up having a hip replaced, and eventually he was was able to walk again. My dad was old and had a lot of other problems - I think your nephew has a much better chance. Recovering the use of your limbs is hard work - but it may be possible. Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks... but he was that way for 2 years! But we have faith and hope. I'm glad your dad also woke up.

Thanks everyone. You might want to check the magazine before you buy it. My brother's called me with wrong dates and info before... LOL.

close_enough
12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
oh, i'm glad i popped in over here...i'll definately get the issue of People:)

Pandora
12-01-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! :) Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!! :blowkiss:

Marthatex
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Wow that's great! Will certainly read!

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm usually not a People reader, but I'll buy this issue! If enough of us buy it, they may wonder what happened to their circulation numbers!!! :) Please let us know when the 20/20 episode is about to air--we'll send their Nielson numbers through the roof!
Love and Hugs to DEVON!!!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

PaperDoll
12-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Anngelique :blowkiss: I will be on the lookout for this.. Can't wait to read it..

eve
12-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I didn't know about this - how wonderful he is recovering Anngelique! I am looking forward to reading and viewing!

Eve

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone!

Has anyone seen it yet? I haven't been able to get to a store yet because I run a daycare. I will go this evening though. I'm dying to know if it made it in.

Jeana (DP)
12-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Thank you for telling us! I cannot wait to see it.

scandi
12-01-2006, 04:59 PM
That's wonderful Anngelique! I'd be angry too about them not massaging his legs. People that are in comas can hear, they say, so they can feel too. You would think they would do that along with turning him like I am sure they did. Even my hip gets sore laying on one side for too long and I have a wonderful mattress!

Only good things ahead for Devin. If his legs need special care now or surgery later, maybe his parents could negotiate with someone in power there about their paying for this. Those folks need all ther help they can get.

xoxoxo Scandi

deanws
12-01-2006, 05:15 PM
How wonderful for Devon! Yippie!!!! :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance: :D!!!!

real eyes
12-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow, I used to follow this from the start. I am so glad to here that he is doing better. I totally forgot about it, until I saw this....did they ever say what caused it? I think they thought it was West Nile at first and the they had no idea-from what I remember.

Ticamom
12-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I just checked the People website and his story is on the table of contents of tomorrow's issue ( the one with Prince William on the cover )

Can't wait to read about Devon, he's been in our prayers for two years and it's as if we know him somehow. I celebrate his recovery ! God willing, he will walk again !

Hugs to you and your family, Anngelique !!!! :blowkiss:

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I just checked the People website and his story is on the table of contents of tomorrow's issue ( the one with Prince William on the cover )

Can't wait to read about Devon, he's been in our prayers for two years and it's as if we knew him somehow. I celebrate his recovery ! God willing, he will walk again !

Hugs to you and your family, Anngelique !!!! :blowkiss:

Thanks for this information... you rock!!!!

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
He will be in the issue that has this cover....

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1564364,00.html

LadyLuck
12-01-2006, 07:25 PM
It is so wonderful to read about miracles and Devon is one. I thank you for keeping us updated, I feel like I know him. I am so happy for him and his family. I am looking forward to getting the mag.

luvbeaches
12-01-2006, 08:06 PM
That's wonderful news. You'll have to keep us posted on how he's doing. I'll have to get out and get a People magazine.

Mimi
12-01-2006, 08:56 PM
He will be in the issue that has this cover....

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1564364,00.htmlThanks for sharing Anngelique-wow- what an uplifting and encouraging story- I have often thought and prayed for him too-even though a busy, hectic life prevails! Will definitely buy it tomorrow!

JDB
12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I love this one from the website
Long in a coma, Devon Rivers, 11, awakens
The is POWER IN PRayer. Hard to think it has been two years. Seems like yesterday.

fran
12-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Anngelique:

Thank you for letting us know about this article and for keeping us updated on Devon's progress. I can't believe it was two years. I remember when you first started posting about his mystery illness. It was thrilling when he came out of it.

I'm so glad he's doing better. Yes, the power of prayer is silent but powerful.

Now, someone needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility for not giving him therapy on his legs and fix them. Perhaps the attention his case is getting will bring someone forward to help.

Best wishes,
fran

PS....I'll have to get a copy of that magazine as well!

Anngelique
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Anngelique:

Thank you for letting us know about this article and for keeping us updated on Devon's progress. I can't believe it was two years. I remember when you first started posting about his mystery illness. It was thrilling when he came out of it.

I'm so glad he's doing better. Yes, the power of prayer is silent but powerful.

Now, someone needs to step up to the plate and take responsibility for not giving him therapy on his legs and fix them. Perhaps the attention his case is getting will bring someone forward to help.

Best wishes,
fran

PS....I'll have to get a copy of that magazine as well! I asked my brother if he'd try to sue but he said nope, they didn't think he'd recover. They honestly didn't think he'd survive. So I guess I see his point. I pray his legs will heal but if he has to live in a wheelchair the rest of his life at least he's alive and starting to function.

Anngelique
12-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I asked my brother if he'd try to sue but he said nope, they didn't think he'd recover. They honestly didn't think he'd survive. So I guess I see his point. I pray his legs will heal but if he has to live in a wheelchair the rest of his life at least he's alive and starting to function.
I got the issue tonight. His story starts on page 107. It's so awesome to see my brother this happy and having a huge smile on his face. It's been a while since I've seen him like this. Well, since before Devon's illness. Thanks again for all your support and love and prayers. I know you've all made a huge difference. :blowkiss:

JBean
12-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Thanks everyone!

Has anyone seen it yet? I haven't been able to get to a store yet because I run a daycare. I will go this evening though. I'm dying to know if it made it in.I brought it on the plane with me today and didn't even know it was the new issue. I had it all this time and hadn't read it yet. I just saw the cover you posted and thought whoops! I have that in my bag. Reading now!

OneLostGrl
12-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Awww! This is wonderful! Devon is a miracle!!

Anngelique
12-02-2006, 04:28 AM
I brought it on the plane with me today and didn't even know it was the new issue. I had it all this time and hadn't read it yet. I just saw the cover you posted and thought whoops! I have that in my bag. Reading now!
LOL How funny Jelly!

Cupcake
12-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I almost always buy every issue ... I'll be certain to get this one and show it to my boys and say "this is the Devon you guys sent a card to!" They'll be thrilled to see how well he's doing.

Go DEVON!!!

Dark Knight
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I will pray for Devon's legs, now. Praise the Lord he woke up and defied the odds! I look forward to reading about him, too! :blowkiss:

Anngelique
12-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone! You're awesome! :blowkiss:

Cupcake
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Laura,

The article was very good!! Devon looks wonderful! I will pray for his legs to heal, also.

Anngelique
12-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Laura,

The article was very good!! Devon looks wonderful! I will pray for his legs to heal, also.
Thank you! :blowkiss:

angelmom
12-07-2006, 09:41 AM
I am not a People person, but definitely made an exception for this issue. I called my friend who reads hers cover to cover every week and told her he was in there...she had read the story and was so amazed when I told her about the many, many people who had been praying since the beginning.

This is truly a miracle. So happy for your family.

Pandora
12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
WOOHOO!! I got the last copy! Then I made the mistake of reading it while waiting in line and I started squalling! :)
GREAT ARTICLE!!!

close_enough
12-09-2006, 02:27 PM
i meant to post on this last night, but forgot...THEN i searched all over the place here to find where this was posted...LOL...anyway, i DID get the People issue, & WHAT a happy, uplifting article it is:)...

i just can't imagine how everyone must have felt when they got wind of Devon starting to track things with his eyes....amazing is the only word i can think of....just amazing:)

Anngelique
12-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Thanks for taking the time to read it. Devon's smile is what really made my day. It's amazing!

I really appreciate everyone's prayers on his behalf. You guys are the best!

dark_shadows
12-14-2006, 05:43 PM

Hello Anngelique,:)
This is truly a miracle. Please be sure to keep us updated.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

scandi
12-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Merry Christmas, Devon

I just saw you on the news, and I hope your Auntie Laura will show you this letter.

I am very proud you have worked so hard to get well. I saw you playing ball with your nurse in the hospital and knew you would get better real fast.

I know your family loves you so much and now you will all have a happy Christmas together because you got to come home from the hospital. :woohoo: :dance:

You are talking and I had to laugh because your voice sounded so strong. And I think Santa will bring you lots of presents Devon. You have been a very good boy.

Love :blowkiss: to you at Christmas Devon,

Cheryl, your Auntie's friend at Websleuths

LionRun
12-22-2006, 04:02 AM
Anngelique, such fantastic news! I just read this thread, and I am amazed and happy that young Devon has come out of a coma after two years....and doing so well. My thoughts and prayers are with him. I'm sorry that his leg muscles have atrophied and that his ligaments and tendons are rigid and tight. Physical therapy should help him immensely. May you, Devon, his Mom and Dad, and all of your family have a wonderful Holiday.

Is there a link that tells about his situation from beginning to now?

Scandi, what a darling Christmas card to Devon. So thoughtful.

scandi
12-22-2006, 04:13 AM
Hi LionRun,

I decided to make this a thread for Merry Christmas, Devon, as Anngelique has lots of friends who have been reading about him since he got so ill and went into a coma. I will leave this post here too.

And then I also thought wouldn't it be neato for anyone posting at Websleuths to be included in sending him a note. I think he will love it, and any child like this who has worked so hard and come so far in leaps and bounds deserves a big pat on the back.

Tonight they said Devon has only been really talking and saying words for 2 weeks! I couldn't believe it. His little voice isn't little at all, but deep and full of tonality. I just laughed and then starting crying to see him acting so normal on the news. It just touched my heart. His parents too seem genuine and so full of love. His Mom said, sometimes we just don't know what God's plan is. What a statement.

Well. we have joined with so many who have prayed for him, and we will still pray for him to be completely healed and get better every day.

He is a real miracle. They said tonight he might be back in school by Spring!

I'll go see what other threads there are LionRun, and be right back.

Scandi

Here is one: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43414&highlight=Devon

Here is Anngeliques's first threads about Devon from April 2005: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21604&page=1&highlight=devon+coma

LionRun, if you go to search and access it from the bottom right forum jump, type 'devon coma' into the word search space in the top left hand corner. Don't change anything else as you want the computer to check all the fields. The threads have been on several different forums here. Any questions, HOLLAR! Nitey Nite

poco
12-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I asked my brother if he'd try to sue but he said nope, they didn't think he'd recover. They honestly didn't think he'd survive. So I guess I see his point. I pray his legs will heal but if he has to live in a wheelchair the rest of his life at least he's alive and starting to function.

OMG, I am so happy for you and your brother and his family. I remember when this all first began two years ago (have I been around that long - geez).

This little guy has come a long way - he will end up walking again, too, I can almost guarantee it.

Makes me want to run out and get the People mag right now - and I would if there weren't 9 million cars out there on the road right now...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Anngelique
12-22-2006, 11:24 PM
OMG, I am so happy for you and your brother and his family. I remember when this all first began two years ago (have I been around that long - geez).

This little guy has come a long way - he will end up walking again, too, I can almost guarantee it.

Makes me want to run out and get the People mag right now - and I would if there weren't 9 million cars out there on the road right now...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

He IS walking!!! You can see last night's news segment here and see him walk and here him talk! http://www.katu.com/home/video/4994956.html?video=pop&t=a

Maybe So
12-23-2006, 03:48 AM
I followed your posts back when Devon first went into the coma then reading how things got worse as the doctors said his brain was more and more damaged and they slowly lost all hope that he would ever wake up again. I have not been on the forum for several months but I stopped in a few weeks ago only to read that your nephew was waking up....!!!!

My gosh the speed of his recovery is almost unbelievable. I was imagining that it would take him a very very long time...like years... to completely relearn everything from the beginning.

It seemed like such a miracle that he even woke up and I think his parents would have been happy with that. At first he wasn't even walking or talking and it looked like he would have a long long road to recovery.....I wondered if he even would recover some functions at all.

But my gosh....in just a short time he has completely changed...he looks so physically strong and healthy in the recent video and way more mentally alert than he was when he first woke up ....and in just such a short time.

Your family has been blessed with a miracle. Obviously he is going to be just fine if he has come this far this fast his walking and talking will only get better. Any lasting affects (if any) he may have are so unimportant compared with what he has been through and how far he has come and his families joy at regaining their son who they thought would never wake up again. To have him to hug and hold again.....to see him smile...must make them feel like they are on top of the world.

Devon must have a very strong fighting spirit inside him.

One thing I was wondering. Does Devon have any memories of before the coma or was everyone and everything strange and new to him? Did he recognize people when he woke up? Does he understand that he was asleep for 2 years?

I hope he has a great Christmas....he sure deserves it.

YOU GO DEVON !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Anngelique
12-23-2006, 04:31 AM
I followed your posts back when Devon first went into the coma then reading how things got worse as the doctors said his brain was more and more damaged and they slowly lost all hope that he would ever wake up again. I have not been on the forum for several months but I stopped in a few weeks ago only to read that your nephew was waking up....!!!!

My gosh the speed of his recovery is almost unbelievable. I was imagining that it would take him a very very long time...like years... to completely relearn everything from the beginning.

It seemed like such a miracle that he even woke up and I think his parents would have been happy with that. At first he wasn't even walking or talking and it looked like he would have a long long road to recovery.....I wondered if he even would recover some functions at all.

But my gosh....in just a short time he has completely changed...he looks so physically strong and healthy in the recent video and way more mentally alert than he was when he first woke up ....and in just such a short time.

Your family has been blessed with a miracle. Obviously he is going to be just fine if he has come this far this fast his walking and talking will only get better. Any lasting affects (if any) he may have are so unimportant compared with what he has been through and how far he has come and his families joy at regaining their son who they thought would never wake up again. To have him to hug and hold again.....to see him smile...must make them feel like they are on top of the world.

Devon must have a very strong fighting spirit inside him.

One thing I was wondering. Does Devon have any memories of before the coma or was everyone and everything strange and new to him? Did he recognize people when he woke up? Does he understand that he was asleep for 2 years?

I hope he has a great Christmas....he sure deserves it.

YOU GO DEVON !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Thanks Maybe So. He really has come along at an amazing speed. He woke up in late August and this is just a few months later. We all have hope that he will be fully recovered. He seems pretty bright in our minds.

He hasn't talked about when he was asleep. We have not pushed him because we're afraid of what he might remember. We figure if he does he'll talk about it some day. He saw a classmate and he recognized her and it was 2 years later so he seems to have some memory before. He definitely remembered his motorcycle too. LOL I believe things are coming back to him.

As far as his brain goes every test showed his brain was dead. So this is truly a real life miracle.

This is truly the best Christmas EVER!

poco
12-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Talk about the best Christmas present ever!!!!!! Sends chills through me. Tried to get the video to play, but couldn't get it going!!!!

We all talk about "what we want for Christmas" and what we got other people, and we are all rushing around acting like nuts, and something like that happens and it stops you right in your tracks!!! I don't know about anybody else, but this has surely made my Christmas. God bless Devon and his family and please keep up updated Anngelique!!!!!!!

poco
12-23-2006, 05:45 AM
This is an article on Devon from October 2006 ----http://www.lifenews.com/bio1792.html

My apologies if it has already been posted......

scandi
12-24-2006, 03:03 AM
My local NBC station is airing a spot on Devon now on the 11pm news. It might only be local, but maybe it will make national news in the next few days.

Thery are calling Devon The Christmas Miracle

It is a very special story to inspire millions of people this Christmas. How wonderful!

Scandi

poco
12-24-2006, 08:01 AM
That particular People Magazine wasn't at my store - am I too late?? to early??? I failed to look at the date to see which was was there.

But, then again, who needs People Magazine when we have Anngelique who keeps us UP TO THE MINUTE on his progress!!!!

scandi
12-24-2006, 05:18 PM
There is a very nice article in the Sunday Oregonian today about Devon with a great photo of him.

He looks very intense and yet as happy as he can be ;}

]Scandi

fran
12-25-2006, 12:24 PM
There is a very nice article in the Sunday Oregonian today about Devon with a great photo of him.

He looks very intense and yet as happy as he can be ;}

]Scandi

This doesn't have any pictures, but I think this might be the article you're thinking of scandi.

God bless Devon and his family and Merry Christmas!

fran

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/front_page/116685694210900.xml?oregonian?lcfp&coll=7&thispage=1

A boy comes home for Christmas
Sunday, December 24, 2006
ERIC MORTENSON
YAMHILL -- Christmas has been an empty holiday in the Rivers' household the past two years.

The first year, Christmas dinner was ham sandwiches in the car outside a pediatric nursing home in Gresham where Devon Rivers lay comatose.

Last year, a second Christmas came and went as Devon lay in uncomprehending silence. Carla Rivers bought presents in her son's name and passed them out to the family, but the gesture felt hollow.

This year, Devon has come home to the rambling white house at the end of Bony Road outside Yamhill. Home to the Christmas tree in the living room and the cats pouncing in the yard outside. Home to his noisy little brother, to his competitive older sisters and to the endless fascinations of his father's tools and machines.

He's making his way back, released at last from the mysterious, terrifying illness that gripped him, almost hopelessly, for so long.

..............................more at link.............................................. ....

poco
12-25-2006, 12:41 PM
This doesn't have any pictures, but I think this might be the article you're thinking of scandi.

God bless Devon and his family and Merry Christmas!

fran

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/front_page/116685694210900.xml?oregonian?lcfp&coll=7&thispage=1

A boy comes home for Christmas
Sunday, December 24, 2006
ERIC MORTENSON
YAMHILL -- Christmas has been an empty holiday in the Rivers' household the past two years.

The first year, Christmas dinner was ham sandwiches in the car outside a pediatric nursing home in Gresham where Devon Rivers lay comatose.

Last year, a second Christmas came and went as Devon lay in uncomprehending silence. Carla Rivers bought presents in her son's name and passed them out to the family, but the gesture felt hollow.

This year, Devon has come home to the rambling white house at the end of Bony Road outside Yamhill. Home to the Christmas tree in the living room and the cats pouncing in the yard outside. Home to his noisy little brother, to his competitive older sisters and to the endless fascinations of his father's tools and machines.

He's making his way back, released at last from the mysterious, terrifying illness that gripped him, almost hopelessly, for so long.

..............................more at link.............................................. ....

I would love to know what this illness was - pretty bizarre!

scandi
12-25-2006, 04:43 PM
HI Poco, On the news spot they said the doctors believe Devon got some virus and have absolutely no idea what it was. It is a big mystery, but thankfully his brain snapses are reconnecting. He wasn't like Terry Shivo where there was no real brain activity. He must have had oxygen going to his brain all the time.

Scandi

Anngelique
12-27-2006, 04:02 AM
HI Poco, On the news spot they said the doctors believe Devon got some virus and have absolutely no idea what it was. It is a big mystery, but thankfully his brain snapses are reconnecting. He wasn't like Terry Shivo where there was no real brain activity. He must have had oxygen going to his brain all the time.

Scandi

Actually every test while he was in the coma showed NO brain activity and they said he was exactly like Terry Schaivo. Thanks for the link, I was looking for this one!