PDA

View Full Version : Search Warrants

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
WRAL in Raleigh, as well as other information sources, released copies of Search Warrants returned as of 12/06/06 relating to this case. The link to these documents can be found here for your perusal:

http://www.wral.com/news/10485228/detail.html

It is recognized that not all of the posters here can pull up PDF files so in an effort to assist, summary information for each warrant will be posted. It is summary only and may miss pieces of information which may be relavant to your own thoughts, so please check the above link for further detail.

Search Warrant Date: 11/03/2006
Address Served: 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Brent David, author

Probable Cause:

1. Officers arriving on the scene discovered a deceased female on the floor of her master bedroom.

2. There is blood spatter on the walls, and lamp in the room.

3. The victim's sister came to the house and discovered the three year old child of the victim walking inside the home.

4. The sister entered the home and discovered the victim.

5. The sister then called the Sheriff's Office.

In the Matter of:

The crime scene...needs to be searched and processed for evidence and instrumentalities of this crime. The items searched for will be:

1. Blood evidence
2. Trace evidence
3. Writings of identification
4. Instruments and items used to cause the death of the victim
5. Evidence and items that will hopefully identify the person or persons responsible for the death of the victim.
6. Photographs
7. Body of victim
8. Fingerprints
9. Palm prints

Items Collected (partial list condensed for space)

airline baggage claim ticket, airline ticket, credit card statement (JY), hotel reservation confirmation, hotel receipts, library key tag, 3 wedding photos, computer hard drive, 3 manilla folders with personal papers

close_enough
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
alRIGHT!...i just got back from looking at one of the search warrants...glad this is here now...thanks RC!...

ok, this is what is stated about the "document"....

the victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer

the document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered

i put the two words in bold lettering...ok, am i right to conclude that JY printed this document while at the home???....was this something he printed before he left the home that night for his 'business meeting'?? (sounds like it to me)

ETA....this goes along with what i (& others) thought from the beginning, pretty much.....JY planned to have Meredith find Michelle's body the next day....UNLESS he was stupid enough to print it out while he was 'back at the house' (after killing Michelle).....i'll be shocked if the latter is the case though....

PolkSaladAnnie
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Stunning, charlie. Thanks...

Maybe we can get a couple of sticky's going? One with (your) collected and KNOWN evidence and the 2nd with a chronological list of people & players?

Gosh, after yesterday's news-flurry, I am quite convinced there is more, much mire, that will be revealed.

I personally do NOT think Jason Young is all he's made out to be...

Thanks! Fab stuff :)

PolkSaladAnnie
12-09-2006, 02:51 PM
alRIGHT!...i just got back from looking at one of the search warrants...glad this is here now...thanks RC!...

ok, this is what is stated about the "document"....

the victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer

the document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered

i put the two words in bold lettering...ok, am i right to conclude that JY printed this document while at the home???....was this something he printed before he left the home that night for his 'business meeting'?? (sounds like it to me)

ETA....this goes along with i (& others) thought from the beginning, pretty much.....JY planned to have Meredith find Michelle's body the next day....UNLESS he was stupid enough to print it out while he was 'back at the house' (after killing Michelle).....i'll be shocked if the latter is the case though....

Seems like it, close.

It may have been a fax-modem that was printed out - I think JY had to scour his brain to get Meredith over there.... and maybe made out it was more critical than was necessary; perhaps he thought Meredith's TRUE discovery would detract from "the fax" for going to their house???

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Search Warrant Date: 11/13/2006
Address Served: Wake County Sheriff's Office, Brent David, author

Probable Cause:

1. Officers arriving on the scene discovered a deceased female on the floor of her master bedroom.

2. The victim's sister came to the house to retrieve a document, which was on the printer, located next to the computer.

3. The document had been printed from that computer the hours before the victim's death was discovered.

4. The victim's husband had contacted the victim's sister by telephone and asked the victim's sister to go to the home and recover those documents.

5. The victim's sister went to the house.

6. Once inside, she discovered the three year old child of the victim inside the residence.

7. She also found her sister deceased in the house.

8. The sister then called the Sheriff's Office.

9. There was no sign of forced entry.

10. The computer was siezed pusuant to the 11/03/2006 Search Warrant.

11. It was locate in an office area of the home.

In the Matter of:

Examination and analysis of a Compac Presario 6000 hard drive collected 11/03/2006. Access to the computer's hard drive will be used for the purpose of obtaining information including but not limited to:

1. Obtaining financial records
2. Correspondence with insurance companies
3. Information to corroborate with witness statements
4. To locate evidence to be compared with evidence already collected.

Items Collected

Compac Presario 6000 hard drive

close_enough
12-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Seems like it, close.

It may have been a fax-modem that was printed out - I think JY had to scour his brain to get Meredith over there.... and maybe made out it was more critical than was necessary; perhaps he thought Meredith's TRUE discovery would detract from "the fax" for going to their house???

right...we now know that the document was printed from the computer there at the home, so it only makes sense that he printed this, IMO, prior to leaving that Thursday night for his 'meeting'....he knew good & well that he was going to call Meredith the next morning to have her go & retrieve it....he knew she would find Michelle dead.....

close_enough
12-09-2006, 02:57 PM
:clap: to RC....this is great, & i (along with others, i'm sure) really appreciate this info posted out like this!!

PolkSaladAnnie
12-09-2006, 03:00 PM
right...we now know that the document was printed from the computer there at the home, so it only makes sense that he printed this, IMO, prior to leaving that Thursday night for his 'meeting'....he knew good & well that he was going to call Meredith the next morning to have her go & retrieve it....he knew she would find Michelle dead.....

And JY is the key to the call & the discovery! Meredith was the guinea pig, or final conduit to LE .... makes sense, close.... gosh!

PolkSaladAnnie
12-09-2006, 03:01 PM
:clap: great info, charlie. We nned all this stuff stored in one place!!!!

fran
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
This is great!

Now, I read over at ctv that he'd called and left a message on Meredith's phone in the MORNING. He probably wanted her to go there earlier than she did. That's probably why he kept checking his voice mail.

JMHO
fran

close_enough
12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
This is great!

Now, I read over at ctv that he'd called and left a message on Meredith's phone in the MORNING. He probably wanted her to go there earlier than she did. That's probably why he kept checking his voice mail.

JMHO
fran

yep yep...could be, Fran!....i hadn't thought of that...since, IMO, JY told Meredith that Michelle was at work, (that's what Meredith thought on the 911 call) Meredith probably didn't think there was any BIG rush to get over there, just as long as she got there before Michelle got off work....

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Search Warrant Date: 11/21/2006
Address Served: Wake County Sheriff's Office, author, Inv. A.M.Sternberg WCSO

Probable Cause:

1. Michelle Marie Fisher Young was found murdered on Nov 3, 2006 in her home.

2. Jason Lynn Young is the victim's husband.

3. The witness who found the victim was a sibling.

4. The sibling reported getting voicemail from Jason Lynn Young about how she was needed to go to the house to retrieve some documents.

5. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he was uncooperative.

6. Wake County Sheriff's Office personnel obtained a search warrant for the 5108 Birchleaf Drive home to seek evidence.

7. A search warrant was also obtained by Investigatot Lilyquist WCSO to search Jason Lynn Youngs SUV.

8. One of the items located and collected from his SUV was a Cingular Wireless Cell phone. Investigator Mc Cormack obtained court process to obtain the above Cingular cell phone call records.

In the Matter of:

Electronics & Audio/Voice mails in Michelle Young murder case.

1. Sternberg reviewed and collected trace evidence in the form of document records, electronic devices and storage media at the house.

2. Sternberg located and collected an answering machine at the house, noting it contained pending messages.

3. Sternberg collected as evidence a cell phone from a purse in the kitchen as well as two camcorders and associated recording media devices and CD's.

4. Investigator Mc Cormack found out from Cingular Wireless about the existence of saved voicemails attached to the account.

5. Investigator Mc Cormack reported making analysis of Jason Lynn Young's call activity on the account: Young made frequent checks of his voicemail.

6. Upon receipt of a copy of a search warrant, Cingular Wireless would release electronic audio files of the voicemails from their service system to wake Co Sheriff's Office.

Conclusion:

The traces of aural content of the voicemail and the answering machine messages as well as requested electronic contents of the cell phones and other electronic devices and storage media are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Taking a short break - will get back on it in a few.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 03:31 PM
This is great!

JMHO
fran
This is a huge mess up by Mr. Young - not only does it show anxiety - it tracks his location very well. OOOOOOppppppps dumb sucker IMO.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Search Warrant Date: 11/30/2006
Address Served: 3210 Farland Drive, Ocoee FL, author, R.C. someone (not me folks)

Probable Cause:

1. In the course of the investigation, we discovered the victim's husband Jason Young has had a relationship with Michelle Money of Ocoee Fl.

2. The past three months Jason Young and Michelle Money have corresponded frequently.

3. In an interview with Michelle Money, she confirmed that she corresponded by phone or email to Jason Young almost daily.

4. A search warrant was conducted at Michelle Money's home to obtaine any computer or computer equipment, data storage device, recording device or digital evidence.

5. A search warrant is needed to search the computer files and images, email accounts or passwords, data storage devices, and evidence of correspondence with Jason Young, Michelle Young, and Michelle Money.

6. Upon the excecution of the search warrant, an external hard drive was connected to Michelle Money's laptop computer.

7. The external hard drive belongs to Elizabeth Schroff who was present during the search warrant.

8. She confirmed that the Seagate external hard drive had pictures of the victim Michelle Young as Mrs. Schroff was going to compile a scrapbook of the victim.

Conclusion:

The preceding facts establish probable cause to believe that the above described items located within the Dell Inspirion Computer, coherent flash card and the Saegate external hard drive will aid in the investigation and identifications of the possible participants in the crime of Homicide occurring at 5108 Birchleaf Drive.

ETA - note there are actually two warrants involved

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Search Warrant Date: 12/01/2006

Probable Cause:

4. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he has been uncooperative.

5. Wake County Sheriff's Office personnel obtained a search warrant for the 5108 Birchleaf Drive home to seek evidence.

6. One of the items located in the upstairs den/office area was a Nikon Coolpix digital camera.

7. Upon inspection it was noted the camera contained a San Disck memory card in the memory slot.

Conclusion:

The traces of electronic contents of the digital camera are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath. The preceeding facts establish probable cause to believe the above described items will be found and will aid in identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons responsible for the crime of Murder for the death of the victim.

scandi
12-09-2006, 04:28 PM
What pictures would have been taken that would show the events that led up to the crime or murder and the events that happened after the crime was committed?

Big thing on pictures in this case, eh? Would they be naughty ones? Photos of him and MM? Hmmmmm Scandi

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Search Warrant Date: 12/01/2006

Probable Cause:

4. The sibling reported getting voicemail from Jason Lynn Young about how she was needed to go to the house to retrieve some documents.

5. Wake County Sheriff's investigators attempted to interview Jason Lynn Young, he has been uncooperative.

6. A search warrant was also obtained by Investigatot Lilyquist WCSO to search Jason Lynn Youngs SUV.

8. One of the items located and collected from his SUV was a Cingular Wireless Cell phone. While making additional inventory and analysis of evidence recovered from Jason Young's SUV, Investigator Sternberg noted an additional cell phone from the vehicle, a Samsung Verizon cell phone.

Conclusion:

The traces of electronic contents of the Samsung cell phone are expected to materially aid in the reconstruction of the events leading up to the time of the crime and events in the aftermath. The preceeding facts establish probable cause to believe the above described items will be found and will aid in identifications that will assist in identifying the person or persons responsible for the crime of Murder for the death of the victim.

strach304
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Close, I didn't get the impression it was printed before Jason left just that that's one of the possibilities. Couldn't an e-fax have been automatically sent and printed at any time? I didn't see anything about a laptop for Jason anywhere either so I wonder if he did have one that LE didn't confiscate?

strach304
12-09-2006, 04:38 PM
What pictures would have been taken that would show the events that led up to the crime or murder and the events that happened after the crime was committed?

Big thing on pictures in this case, eh? Would they be naughty ones? Photos of him and MM? Hmmmmm Scandi

I posted about the pics on another thread here too Scandi because it just seems like so many. Blackmail?

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Close, I didn't get the impression it was printed before Jason left just that that's one of the possibilities. Couldn't an e-fax have been automatically sent and printed at any time? I didn't see anything about a laptop for Jason anywhere either so I wonder if he did have one that LE didn't confiscate?
Stratch,

I'm thinking JY would have had a laptop for business. Keep in mind, these warrants are only the ones that have been returned, there are probably several more to come. I would think JY had a lap top and it was in the SUV, returns on this item might not yet be received. JMO

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:46 PM

IMO a lot of this language is SOP so to speak. I think more than anything they just need to CYA and look through the photos, they may be totally innocent photos but they need to find out.

Hope this has helped you Scandi - can you down load PDF's ? For some reason I was thinking that possibly you could not.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 04:50 PM
This is all that we have access to for now 12/09/2006. If more come out we can go through this again if you all feel it is indeed helpful. Please excuse my typo's and mispelling - I am not a typist and my darn keyboard is a bit sticky, need to make the trip into town to get a new one.:crazy:

strach304
12-09-2006, 05:03 PM
This is all that we have access to for now 12/09/2006. If more come out we can go through this again if you all feel it is indeed helpful. Please excuse my typo's and mispelling - I am not a typist and my darn keyboard is a bit sticky, need to make the trip into town to get a new one.:crazy:

Great work RC! The search warrants are very valuable info in this case and I know I really appreciate you getting it together in one place. The original SW link was very hard to read, this is much better.

strach304
12-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Stratch,

I'm thinking JY would have had a laptop for business. Keep in mind, these warrants are only the ones that have been returned, there are probably several more to come. I would think JY had a lap top and it was in the SUV, returns on this item might not yet be received. JMO

I'm thinking he did too but left it at his parents house or conveniently lost it ;)

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Great work RC! The search warrants are very valuable info in this case and I know I really appreciate you getting it together in one place. The original SW link was very hard to read, this is much better.
There is another link besides the WRAL link - check the media thread for the one that says: better link to SWs. Its easier to work with and print out- but because of copywrite I did not post it or use it here.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking he did too but left it at his parents house or conveniently lost it ;)
Along with some clothes that maybe he lost as well...:cool:

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Quik list of items known to be searched for and/or in possesion of LE from these warrants:

• Paper writings of identification trace evidence, blood, instruments or items used to cause the death of the victim, fingerprints, palm prints, photographs and body of victim
• Compaq Presario 6000 hard drive, removed from the home office
• Two cell phones, both found inside Jason Young's Ford Explorer
• Voicemail and other service provider information from both cell phones, including missed calls, received calls, text messages and digital photos
• Answering machine, CDs, camcorders, storage media from inside the home
• Nikon Coolpix 4 megapixel camera and SanDisk 256 megabyte SD memory card, found in the upstairs den/office
• US Airways baggage claim ticket for Jason Young
• United Airlines ticket for Jason Young
• US Airways MasterCard statement for Jason Young
• Confirmation for Hampton Inn reservation from early September 2006
• Receipt for the Adam's Mark
• Wake Co. Public Library key tag
• United Airlines receipt for Jason Young for trip to Denver on October 9, 2006
• Storage box containing miscellaneous papers
• Three (3) wedding photos
• Three (3) manila file folders containing a will, insurance papers and other items
• Small bag containing Fuji brand cassette tape

scandi
12-09-2006, 05:58 PM
You're such a luv, Charlie. Thank you so much for your idea and you work on this worthwhile project!~

So Charlie, he can print from the lap-top, but a lap-top has not been mentioned yet? Hmmmnmm I know since this was not a fax but a print out from a site on line, if he was at the computer he would have to click print, as it wouldn't be automatic. It really doesn't matter now that we know it was printed before he left the house that night.

One thing I am set up for is PDF's , although they keep telling me to update it to 7 something, and it's not free! LOL Scandi

PS: I almost feel like calling in sick to my company partee! :rolleyes:

Oh Oh, forgot - what about that key-tag? Odd isn't that? Maybe it has blood on it!

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 06:20 PM
You're such a luv, Charlie. Thank you so much for your idea and you work on this worthwhile project!~

So Charlie, he can print from the lap-top, but a lap-top has not been mentioned yet? Hmmmnmm I know since this was not a fax but a print out from a site on line, if he was at the computer he would have to click print, as it wouldn't be automatic. It really doesn't matter now that we know it was printed before he left the house that night.

One thing I am set up for is PDF's , although they keep telling me to update it to 7 something, and it's not free! LOL Scandi

PS: I almost feel like calling in sick to my company partee! :rolleyes:

Oh Oh, forgot - what about that key-tag? Odd isn't that? Maybe it has blood on it!

Scandi,

You are welcome and it was no problem. In the warrants there are just 2 computers - the Compac from the home and the Dell from MMs home. No mention of a lap top but given that ChartOne specializes in medical software I am thinking it is a given there is a lap top but it may well belong to ChartOne.

In this same line, since the information on it would be proprietary as well as medical in nature, if it exists or was found, may well be under escort back to ChartOne for examination etc. The warrants we have are only the warrants returned - for example the 11/3 search warrant for the house was returned on 11/31, so it is possible many other warrant exist but have not been returned.

As for the print out, I know on our system that the printer is routed for fax resception through the computer. It does spool the fax (which means a transmission time will be noted) and automatically prints it with no manual requirement, provided the computer and printer are on line. If this is indeed a print out from an electronic device outside the home - the hard drive will contain the transmission data. Also I am certain they will look at the router to see if it has auto print or fax reception capability - if not he's just a little more messed up.

The key tag - I checked the Wake County Library website, when issued a card you get a wallet size and a key tag. There may have been blood on the tag - but they may also need it to check if he or someone made use of the computers at the library and back track that information. Just a thought.

Don't really know. Go to your party and have fun !!!

jilly
12-09-2006, 06:53 PM
:clap: to RC....this is great, & i (along with others, i'm sure) really appreciate this info posted out like this!!

I'm one of "the others"!:) :clap:

jilly
12-09-2006, 07:01 PM
This is a huge mess up by Mr. Young - not only does it show anxiety - it tracks his location very well. OOOOOOppppppps dumb sucker IMO.

Agreed plus - if he did send do this fax/printout himself, didn't he think the police would check into that? I mean that is so stupid!

close_enough
12-09-2006, 08:18 PM

evening strach:)

what other possibility do you think there is, besides JY printing it out while at the house, after he killed Michelle?

i'm not a computer whiz by NOOOOO means, lol....just from the way it's worded in the SW, it sounds like it was printed from the computer there in the home....if he printed this out, after killing Michelle, then he's an idiot....

close_enough
12-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Scandi,

You are welcome and it was no problem. In the warrants there are just 2 computers - the Compac from the home and the Dell from MMs home. No mention of a lap top but given that ChartOne specializes in medical software I am thinking it is a given there is a lap top but it may well belong to ChartOne.

In this same line, since the information on it would be proprietary as well as medical in nature, if it exists or was found, may well be under escort back to ChartOne for examination etc. The warrants we have are only the warrants returned - for example the 11/3 search warrant for the house was returned on 11/31, so it is possible many other warrant exist but have not been returned.

As for the print out, I know on our system that the printer is routed for fax resception through the computer. It does spool the fax (which means a transmission time will be noted) and automatically prints it with no manual requirement, provided the computer and printer are on line. If this is indeed a print out from an electronic device outside the home - the hard drive will contain the transmission data. Also I am certain they will look at the router to see if it has auto print or fax reception capability - if not he's just a little more messed up.
The key tag - I checked the Wake County Library website, when issued a card you get a wallet size and a key tag. There may have been blood on the tag - but they may also need it to check if he or someone made use of the computers at the library and back track that information. Just a thought.

Don't really know. Go to your party and have fun !!!

ok, i'm completely confused on this computer stuff, lol.....

the SW clearly states that the printout came from the computer there in the home, sooooooo what am i missing here?????

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 08:43 PM
ok, i'm completely confused on this computer stuff, lol.....

the SW clearly states that the printout came from the computer there in the home, sooooooo what am i missing here?????
You're not missing anything Close,

A fax would route through the software package on the computer, in other words the computer software would receive the information just as a fax machine would and then transfer it to the printer for printing. In order for this occur however, the computer and printer would both have to be powered up.

close_enough
12-09-2006, 08:56 PM
You're not missing anything Close,

A fax would route through the software package on the computer, in other words the computer software would receive the information just as a fax machine would and then transfer it to the printer for printing. In order for this occur however, the computer and printer would both have to be powered up.

aahhhh, ok thanks!

i still think JY printed this out with his own hands, at his own computer, at the house, some time before he left that Thursday night.....he didn't care if Michelle saw it or not, because he knew she wasn't going to be alive much longer...he just needed this printout there for Meredith to retrieve the next day......

eta...just watched the shuttle lift-off....it's a go!

PolkSaladAnnie
12-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm one of "the others"!:) :clap:

Indeed ... :clap: and I'm another one of "the others" ... this is great to have on hand when it comes to trial! Thanks charlie :)

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 09:06 PM
aahhhh, ok thanks!

i still think JY printed this out with his own hands, at his own computer, at the house, some time before he left that Thursday night.....he didn't care if Michelle saw it or not, because he knew she wasn't going to be alive much longer...he just needed this printout there for Meredith to retrieve the next day......

eta...just watched the shuttle lift-off....it's a go!
A computer forensic fellow or lass will be able to determine when it was printed in terms of real time...if the print out time was the day before it sure won't look too good. Based on the initial transmission point - if their hours of operation don't include the overnight hours - he's definitely up the creek without a paddle. They will determine when it was printed and from what source it was printed from.

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Indeed ... :clap: and I'm another one of "the others" ... this is great to have on hand when it comes to trial! Thanks charlie :)

Everyone is very welcome - glad to help out !!!

close_enough
12-09-2006, 09:17 PM
A computer forensic fellow or lass will be able to determine when it was printed in terms of real time...if the print out time was the day before it sure won't look too good. Based on the initial transmission point - if their hours of operation don't include the overnight hours - he's definitely up the creek without a paddle. They will determine when it was printed and from what source it was printed from.

see, i'm thinking on the lines of him printing it out there at the home some time Thursday before leaving out for his 'trip'..... he can simply say he had forgotten it, & needed Meredith to pick it up before Michelle got home....

oh well, we'll find out soon enough though won't we?

ok, so the time had to be somewhere on this print-out right???...for LE to state in the SW "hours before the discovery of her death"...right???

i'm thinking outloud here, excuse me.....

i know when i print something out, there is a date, but no time is posted on the documents, here on my computer...faxes (sp?) DO however have times ON them...ooooook, so i'm getting the idea now about "e-fax" ..... someone could send someone a copy of a fax, then they could print it???....

oh gosh, if you don't want to answer, that's fine...i think i'm just confusing myself more.... :crazy:

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 09:57 PM
see, i'm thinking on the lines of him printing it out there at the home some time Thursday before leaving out for his 'trip'..... he can simply say he had forgotten it, & needed Meredith to pick it up before Michelle got home....

ok, so the time had to be somewhere on this print-out right???...for LE to state in the SW "hours before the discovery of her death"...right???

i know when i print something out, there is a date, but no time is posted on the documents, here on my computer...faxes (sp?) DO however have times ON them...ooooook, so i'm getting the idea now about "e-fax" ..... someone could send someone a copy of a fax, then they could print it???....

oh gosh, if you don't want to answer, that's fine...i think i'm just confusing myself more.... :crazy:No I'm probably not explaining it well enough. try this and perhaps it will help you understand:

http://www.apple.com/support/tiger/printing/

close_enough
12-09-2006, 10:08 PM
No I'm probably not explaining it well enough. try this and perhaps it will help you understand:

http://www.apple.com/support/tiger/printing/

thanks RC...i'll check it out in the morning with my coffee...i'm getting a headache, UGH.....

raisincharlie
12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
thanks RC...i'll check it out in the morning with my coffee...i'm getting a headache, UGH.....
Get well Close

Also this one - allows one to access there personal PC from anywhere - your desktop pulls down and it is just like sitting at your PC except you can be anywhere.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/features.jsp?pcid=pf&pvid=pca12

close_enough
12-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Get well Close

Also this one - allows one to access there personal PC from anywhere - your desktop pulls down and it is just like sitting at your PC except you can be anywhere.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/features.jsp?pcid=pf&pvid=pca12

oooook, my computer is ancient.... :crazy:

interesting stuff....i took 2 aleve (headache stemmed from a sore neck muscle) last night, then went over to ctv for a bit....i came back over here & read your two links before going to bed....i'll be interested in hearing more about this "document", that's for sure......

Samiya
12-10-2006, 10:08 AM
If he printed it out while seated at that computer it would've been after the murder of Michelle.

If he had printed it out the night before and she saw it, it probably wouldn't have been sitting in the printer still. She would've moved it. But if she saw it, looked at it then put it back, it'd have her prints on it.

raisincharlie
12-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Just puzzling again on these warrants and have noticed a few things that lead me to the following speculations:

The first warrant dated 11/03/06 ;

It is noted that a confirmation for the Hampton Inn reservation (9/5 - 9/8 2006) was confiscated

The leap - this is when JY went to Florida. The date is consistent with the 3 month relationship with MM. The warrant does not reflect the location of the Hampton (whereas the Adams Mark is noted as Denver) so I am thinking the location of the Hampton was left out as this trip and hotel was related to the relationship.

Confirmed confiscation of Us Airways info and a United Airlines receipt to Denver on 10/9/06. Also confiscated was a United "ticket" for JY - no date specified. Upon checking United's website - there are direct flights from Raleigh to Orlando MCO - not even expensive actually.

The leap - JY was preparing to go see MM again or someone else sometime in the future - the "ticket" date is not specified and is listed as a ticket, not a stub.

Confiscated Adams Mark (Denver) hotel receipt and United airline receipt for JY to Denver dated 10/9/06.

The leap -the Denver Trip was business related IMo as the dates and locations are listed where as the other confiscated items do not provide such specifics except for the Hampton Inn which is consistent with the approximated 3 month affair between JY and MM.

Just studying....

otto
12-10-2006, 04:13 PM

oh gosh, if you don't want to answer, that's fine...i think i'm just confusing myself more.... :crazy:

Every action in the computer is time stamped by the computer. Even if Jason altered the time on the computer, that action would be time stamped by the computer. For example, go into My Computer, click on the C drive and then in the VIEWS drop down menu, choose DETAILS. That will show the most recent time that everything was accessed in your computer. The computer stores all the information deep down in the harddrive, showing the complete history of all the documents and files.

If the print out was sent remotely (and Jason would know this) then the time that it was sent and printed would be recorded.

I think that the only way a fax/email could be sent and immediately printed is if, as RC said, the computer and printer were turned on and the fax/modem process was running.

strach304
12-10-2006, 04:27 PM
For a fact my printer dates everything and also gives the time whether it's a webpage or mapquest in accordance with the date and time setting on my computer. If that were altered then my printer would replicate that false setting.

Also I do leave everything powered up all the time and only do a shut down if I will be gone for a few days or so.

otto
12-10-2006, 08:58 PM
For a fact my printer dates everything and also gives the time whether it's a webpage or mapquest in accordance with the date and time setting on my computer. If that were altered then my printer would replicate that false setting.

Also I do leave everything powered up all the time and only do a shut down if I will be gone for a few days or so.

Yup, agreed. If the time stamp on the computer was altered, the wrong time would show up on the activity, but the altering of the time stamp would show up on the computer harddrive.

strach304
12-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah Otto I think they went over that in the SP trial, did you follow that one at all?

Samiya
12-11-2006, 04:05 AM
Was the printer not taken so that they could make sure it was actually printed from that specific printer and not brought in from somewhere else and put on the printer?

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Was the printer not taken so that they could make sure it was actually printed from that specific printer and not brought in from somewhere else and put on the printer?

Y'know ... your post got me thinking and I'm raising a white flag here (sorry if this has been discussed) ... but WHAT IF :-

Jason called MM and asked HER to fax/mail him a gift idea for this purse 'thing' and ...... then got Meredith to go collect it?

That may give credence to the absolute passion that ConcernedCitize and JTF (etc) had when they were on their internet JASON DIDN'T DO IT campaign ... because I feel these posters were part of the inner girlfriend circle. Maybe MM confirmed to them there REALLY WAS A PRINTOUT for some gift ... because they had MM's word on it as she could back up JY's request for this printout - and at that stage no-one knew MM and JY were doing the rug-rat-rumpus behind everyone's backs. (MM's WORD .... has turned out to be rather unsavory in other aspects, tho...)

In other words: JY used MM to solidify a 'reason' for Meredith to go to his house. And, here's another dumb remark from me: it may just have been a PRINT-OUT of a purse that was FAXED.

Now I have heard you CAN print out a doc remotely. I'm useless at IT stuff, so wouldn't know for sure. However, LE, media, friends and rumors are confirming the print-out story...

Just a thought - or two :D ...

otto
12-11-2006, 05:09 AM
Y'know ... your post got me thinking and I'm raising a white flag here (sorry if this has been discussed) ... but WHAT IF :-

Jason called MM and asked HER to fax/mail him a gift idea for this purse 'thing' and ...... then got Meredith to go collect it?

That may give credence to the absolute passion that ConcernedCitize and JTF (etc) had when they were on their internet JASON DIDN'T DO IT campaign ... because I feel these posters were part of the inner girlfriend circle. Maybe MM confirmed to them there REALLY WAS A PRINTOUT for some gift ... because they had MM's word on it as she could back up JY's request for this printout - and at that stage no-one knew MM and JY were doing the rug-rat-rumpus behind everyone's backs. (MM's WORD .... has turned out to be rather unsavory in other aspects, tho...)

In other words: JY used MM to solidify a 'reason' for Meredith to go to his house. And, here's another dumb remark from me: it may just have been a PRINT-OUT of a purse that was FAXED.

Now I have heard you CAN print out a doc remotely. I'm useless at IT stuff, so wouldn't know for sure. However, LE, media, friends and rumors are confirming the print-out story...

I like that idea. Jason seems to be one to have all his little ducks in a row so he probably put a fair bit of thought into the murder. After all, this may well be the second time he planned Michelle's death. His alibi is already over-worked, and he would have realized that he'd have to explain all the emails and phone calls to the other Michelle. Why not say that he and MM were really good friends and MM sent him a fax/print-out of a gift suggestion for Michelle - proof of their friendship.

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 05:17 AM
Well ... HELLO otto - long time, hope you are over your cold!

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 05:21 AM
I like that idea. Jason seems to be one to have all his little ducks in a row so he probably put a fair bit of thought into the murder. After all, this may well be the second time he planned Michelle's death. His alibi is already over-worked, and he would have realized that he'd have to explain all the emails and phone calls to the other Michelle. Why not say that he and MM were really good friends and MM sent him a fax/print-out of a gift suggestion for Michelle - proof of their friendship.

Well, I sort of wondered why the BIG FUSS about this fax had really stretched al corners of the 'net. The Jasonites were 'too' supportive of this fax ... and they were on a campaign, IMO. It suddenly stopped 2 weeks into the story - and what do we discover? That mid November LE approached MM at her house and told MM, SM and friends about MM/JY affair.

ALL SUPPORT SUDDENLY STOPPED. You're right, Otto ... JY does seem the type to get all his little ducks in a row. In this case, he may have used one of his little chicks ...

MMmm. Alibi FAR TOO FUSSY. too much detail.

otto
12-11-2006, 05:33 AM
Well ... HELLO otto - long time, hope you are over your cold!

I'm sick as a dog, can't sleep, massive headache, day off work to sleep.

otto
12-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, I sort of wondered why the BIG FUSS about this fax had really stretched al corners of the 'net. The Jasonites were 'too' supportive of this fax ... and they were on a campaign, IMO. It suddenly stopped 2 weeks into the story - and what do we discover? That mid November LE approached MM at her house and told MM, SM and friends about MM/JY affair.

ALL SUPPORT SUDDENLY STOPPED. You're right, Otto ... JY does seem the type to get all his little ducks in a row. In this case, he may have used one of his little chicks ...

MMmm. Alibi FAR TOO FUSSY. too much detail.

I am such a slow thinker when I'm sick, but I like the little chick.

What do we know about MM anyway. I've read both that she has been cooperative and that she did not voluntarily contact the police.

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 08:57 AM

This is what I think as well - JY had MM to send this bs to the home. He used her to help cover his tracks in a way but I think MM may have had the impression from JY that she was to send to him what SHE wanted not anything for MY. The reason I think this is there was an airline ticket, not stub, not receipt, but a ticket siezed according to the 3 Nov search warrant in JY's name on United. United has direct flights from Raleigh to MCO (orlando). There was an upcoming date for the two of them IMO and the purse was actually for MM rather than MY. LE did not need MM's computer to verify email between the two - although they will but they will also find the connection to the purse on her computer - the search and the origin of the fax/print out will IMO be on her computer. JMO

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
This is what I think as well - JY had MM to send this bs to the home. He used her to help cover his tracks in a way but I think MM may have had the impression from JY that she was to send to him what SHE wanted not anything for MY. The reason I think this is there was an airline ticket, not stub, not receipt, but a ticket siezed according to the 3 Nov search warrant in JY's name on United. United has direct flights from Raleigh to MCO (orlando). There was an upcoming date for the two of them IMO and the purse was actually for MM rather than MY. LE did not need MM's computer to verify email between the two - although they will but they will also find the connection to the purse on her computer - the search and the origin of the fax/print out will IMO be on her computer. JMO

That makes sense, thanks charlie ... so by checking the fax/printout at MY's house ... they may have been able to track it back to MM - and once they saw MM's puter ... the two connected. And he blind-sided Meredith into believing this was a surprise gift for MY. Maybe he didn't think much attention would be made of the fax once the body was discovered ... that it would be considered obsolete in the crisis at hand. Surely he'd realize LE would check out Meredith's reason for going over and scruntize the fax??

OK. Short-end: If this is what happened, then JY's a real dirty sleazeball, eh? Cunning piece of work. And MM cannot be too happy with herself. Perhaps the reality of her two-faced friendship with MY is eating her? I'd want to die if I was in her shoes and did this to my b/f. Beggars belief.

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
That makes sense, thanks charlie ... so by checking the fax/printout at MY's house ... they may have been able to track it back to MM - and once they saw MM's puter ... the two connected. And he blind-sided Meredith into believing this was a surprise gift for MY. Maybe he didn't think much attention would be made of the fax once the body was discovered ... that it would be considered obsolete in the crisis at hand. Surely he'd realize LE would check out Meredith's reason for going over and scruntize the fax??

OK. Short-end: If this is what happened, then JY's a real dirty sleazeball, eh? Cunning piece of work. And MM cannot be too happy with herself. Perhaps the reality of her two-faced friendship with MY is eating her? I'd want to die if I was in her shoes and did this to my b/f. Beggars belief.
PSA

Good Morning !

I think the two of them JY & MM blind sided Meredith about the fax/print-out. It was a story between them to cover someone picking it up. The only thing is - JY knew MY was dead, MM probably thought she was at work.

I would wager that MM was interviewed by police shortly after the funeral and most likely while she was in Raleigh, as well as some of the others that came from out of state. I think this is in fact the origin of the purse story. JMO MM would be trying to cover her tracks with the other "sisters" and I don't think she told them of the affair at that time. I have mixed thoughts about if she told LE about the affair at that time - she may have if they point blank asked the question but I suspect she would not have volunteered the information.

It is a good puzzle...but a very strange one. Seems to me the "sisters" were in the dark about the affair until either LE intimated it through interviews or MM finally came clean with them. JMO

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Morning backatcha, charlie... :)

Nope, I daresay MM may not have told LE about her affair that early on (foolishly). I'm sure suspicions have been raised among them all and for MM to go off on the spa weekend with 'the sisters' while the b/f murder is being investigated just reeks of .... well, I don't know what, but CARE GRIEF and CONVERN don't come into that picture! Wouldn't be surprised if LE knew earlier and waited to see if MM would come clean - as in if they could trust her. We know she's 'now co-operating' ... wonder in what form??

FWIW ... where I grew up we never had sorority sisters and things like that ... and when heard the term way back :blushing: I thought of nuns at a chapel - or in-training, or something. I feel a total jack@ss for admitting this, and still am unable to understand the "whole club membership thing" ... but nevertheless, I see the SS as a group of girls that were 'top achievers' or something.... and that once bound - forever entrusted in one another.

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Morning backatcha, charlie... :)

Nope, I daresay MM may not have told LE about her affair that early on (foolishly). I'm sure suspicions have been raised among them all and for MM to go off on the spa weekend with 'the sisters' while the b/f murder is being investigated just reeks of .... well, I don't know what, but CARE GRIEF and CONVERN don't come into that picture! Wouldn't be surprised if LE knew earlier and waited to see if MM would come clean - as in if they could trust her. We know she's 'now co-operating' ... wonder in what form??

FWIW ... where I grew up we never had sorority sisters and things like that ... and when heard the term way back :blushing: I thought of nuns at a chapel - or in-training, or something. I feel a total jack@ss for admitting this, and still am unable to understand the "whole club membership thing" ... but nevertheless, I see the SS as a group of girls that were 'top achievers' or something.... and that once bound - forever entrusted in one another.
My experience with sorority girls - they are far from being "nuns". Bwahahahhahahahhahhaha - thats a good visual Annie !

close_enough
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm sick as a dog, can't sleep, massive headache, day off work to sleep.

oh my otto:(
sorry to read this .... take care of yourself & get well soon!..we're going to need you in good health here, for the next few weeks:)

close_enough
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM

hmmmmm, i hadn't thought of this....(light bulb going off in my head)...you & Polk could very well be right on the money about this...

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 11:17 AM
hmmmmm, i hadn't thought of this....(light bulb going off in my head)...you & Polk could very well be right on the money about this...
Very puny there Close ! :)

close_enough
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM

me toooooo Polk...can you imagine how MM will be looked at, & thought about, from now on...i'm sure she's got a lot of good friends, but i doubt any of them will EVER trust her, as far as they can throw her, from now on.....really just a horrible situation all the way around...& on top of THAT, her husband finding out from LE :eek:

even if he had an inkling of an idea of it, my lawd, hearing it from LE would just be mind blowing, i would think...

close_enough
12-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Very puny there Close ! :)

lol, yeah that phrase (right on the money) will never be the same now :doh:

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 11:27 AM
me toooooo Polk...can you imagine how MM will be looked at, & thought about, from now on...i'm sure she's got a lot of good friends, but i doubt any of them will EVER trust her, as far as they can throw her, from now on.....really just a horrible situation all the way around...& on top of THAT, her husband finding out from LE :eek:

even if he had an inkling of an idea of it, my lawd, hearing it from LE would just be mind blowing, i would think...

... not to mention the whole world knowing about it, too! There's no way I'd stay in a marriage if my SO was in (min) 3 month affair with any of best friends (because if you can do that with your b/friends - there's no telling how many other less well-known men have been around,...). ESPECIALLY if a murder is involved. Crikey - how would I know I wouldn't be next??

This is a huge issue. It's not something that a little weekend to a spa is going to erase. By the time the full reality sets in, I wouldn't be surprised if SM leaves - with their child. And all I can say is MM brought this UPON HERSELF. I dont really think she was involved in the murder - but - she's low class, now, IMO. She's foolish, insensitive, fickle and her actions are simply never to be trusted. MOO.

:laugh: charlie .... doh ... "On the Money". very puny, funny, money! LOLLLL :D :D :D

WhiteWolf
12-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Just puzzling again on these warrants and have noticed a few things that lead me to the following speculations:

The first warrant dated 11/03/06 ;

It is noted that a confirmation for the Hampton Inn reservation (9/5 - 9/8 2006) was confiscated

The leap - this is when JY went to Florida. The date is consistent with the 3 month relationship with MM. The warrant does not reflect the location of the Hampton (whereas the Adams Mark is noted as Denver) so I am thinking the location of the Hampton was left out as this trip and hotel was related to the relationship.

Confirmed confiscation of Us Airways info and a United Airlines receipt to Denver on 10/9/06. Also confiscated was a United "ticket" for JY - no date specified. Upon checking United's website - there are direct flights from Raleigh to Orlando MCO - not even expensive actually.

The leap - JY was preparing to go see MM again or someone else sometime in the future - the "ticket" date is not specified and is listed as a ticket, not a stub.

Confiscated Adams Mark (Denver) hotel receipt and United airline receipt for JY to Denver dated 10/9/06.

The leap -the Denver Trip was business related IMo as the dates and locations are listed where as the other confiscated items do not provide such specifics except for the Hampton Inn which is consistent with the approximated 3 month affair between JY and MM.

Just studying....

rc, I'm glad you brought this up because something has been bugging me all morning. I remember reading something about MM and JY getting together (physically) at least once during their "relationship" and I think it was stated it was in September. Now, I can't remember which poster at CTV posted that information.

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 01:43 PM
rc, I'm glad you brought this up because something has been bugging me all morning. I remember reading something about MM and JY getting together (physically) at least once during their "relationship" and I think it was stated it was in September. Now, I can't remember which poster at CTV posted that information.
I would suspect RPD is the poster that may have referenced this. Not sure but I think if you want to check - you would be wise to start there. RC

WhiteWolf
12-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I would suspect RPD is the poster that may have referenced this. Not sure but I think if you want to check - you would be wise to start there. RC

Thanks, rc. I'm lazy this morning so if I think of it later, I'll check it out. RPD is probably who posted the info.

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 02:03 PM
WhiteWolf,

glad you jingled my brain on this. Is anyone here really good at google searches ? I have tried all kinds of ways to determine what conventions might have been in Denver on or near October 9th 2006.

I found a link to support there is indeed and Adams Mark in Denver near the convention center. Can anyone advise or help me find out if there was a convention on the date mentioned above ? I've tried the Denver Convention Center web site but no listing of past conventions only upcoming events. It may mean nothing and maybe I am just being noisy and aimless:)

TIA if you can figure it out.

WhiteWolf
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
WhiteWolf,

glad you jingled my brain on this. Is anyone here really good at google searches ? I have tried all kinds of ways to determine what conventions might have been in Denver on or near October 9th 2006.

I found a link to support there is indeed and Adams Mark in Denver near the convention center. Can anyone advise or help me find out if there was a convention on the date mentioned above ? I've tried the Denver Convention Center web site but no listing of past conventions only upcoming events. It may mean nothing and maybe I am just being noisy and aimless:)

TIA if you can figure it out.

Did you try the google cache for the Denver convention center?

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Did you try the google cache for the Denver convention center?Thanks - I found it !!!

October 11 - American Health Information Management Association convention.

This I think explains the Denver Co trip:

http://www.downtowndenver.com/Visitors/VisitConventions.htm

Thanks WhiteWolf - awesome

So there appears to be a legitimate reason why JY would be there.

This is probably why:

http://www.ahima.org/hitweek/EmployeeValuesurvey.pdf

close_enough
12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks - I found it !!!

October 11 - American Health Information Management Association convention.

This I think explains the Denver Co trip:

http://www.downtowndenver.com/Visitors/VisitConventions.htm

Thanks WhiteWolf - awesome

So there appears to be a legitimate reason why JY would be there.

This is probably why:

http://www.ahima.org/hitweek/EmployeeValuesurvey.pdf

yep, it appears that way....good work guys!!

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Must be! Good sleuthin, charlie! Seems viable and of course our health conscious JY was in pharm sales ... but clearly did not support the hippocratic oath :doh:

raisincharlie
12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Must be! Good sleuthin, charlie! Seems viable and of course our health conscious JY was in pharm sales ... but clearly did not support the hippocratic oath :doh:
To the contrary - it seems he may have fully subscribed to the hypocrite oath.:slap:

That's something very different isn't it.....:D

PolkSaladAnnie
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
OK, ok ... I concede defeat, charlie. That was clever, lollll ... :slap:

heh heh - you've been very astute with the double-play on words, eh? loll, love it. Too quick :)

g'nite all ... cya shortly ... Polk

Scout
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Just finished reading this thread and would like to compliment raisincharlie on his work with the warrants. I share the opinion of some of you regarding the likelihood that the infamous "fax" originated with Michelle Money. I think the inclusion of the information about the "fax" in the probable cause section of the warrant to search Mrs. Money's Dell computer supports that hypothesis.

There are obviously other warrants that have not yet been shared with the public. Very little is known about what was found in Jason's SUV and what constituted probable cause in impounding and searching it and its contents. We've only learned of the two cell phones found therein. I'm guessing that the Cingular phone was Jason's main phone, probably work phone. Little info is given about it however. The Verizon phone is described as a Samsung model SCH-A950.

LINK (http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/samsung/sch-a950.html)

Doesn't look like the phone of choice for a busy sales professional, but maybe that's just me.

Interesting too that LE hasn't revealed the brand/provider of what I presume to be Michelle's cell phone -- found in a purse in the kitchen. Guessing the Verizon service wasn't a family package.

raisincharlie
12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Just finished reading this thread and would like to compliment raisincharlie on his work with the warrants. I share the opinion of some of you regarding the likelihood that the infamous "fax" originated with Michelle Money. I think the inclusion of the information about the "fax" in the probable cause section of the warrant to search Mrs. Money's Dell computer supports that hypothesis.

There are obviously other warrants that have not yet been shared with the public. Very little is known about what was found in Jason's SUV and what constituted probable cause in impounding and searching it and its contents. We've only learned of the two cell phones found therein. I'm guessing that the Cingular phone was Jason's main phone, probably work phone. Little info is given about it however. The Verizon phone is described as a Samsung model SCH-A950.

LINK (http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/samsung/sch-a950.html)

Doesn't look like the phone of choice for a busy sales professional, but maybe that's just me.

Interesting too that LE hasn't revealed the brand/provider of what I presume to be Michelle's cell phone -- found in a purse in the kitchen. Guessing the Verizon service wasn't a family package.
Glad you took this a step further - the Samsung phone - has all the bells and whistles on it, MP3, photo images, video. I would agree, not exactly the kind of phone for a professional sales guy other than for personal use.

One thing I woundered about this phone however is if it really was JY's phone in reality. If you look at the warrants, they clearly define the Cingular phone as Jasno Lynn Young's - not the case with the Samsung-itis only noted as being found in Jason Lynn Young's SUV. I'm kind of thinking this phone may belong to someone else - family member possibly. Don't know but ownership of the phone is not clearly identified only location found. Studying....

Scout
12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Glad you took this a step further - the Samsung phone - has all the bells and whistles on it, MP3, photo images, video. I would agree, not exactly the kind of phone for a professional sales guy other than for personal use.

One thing I woundered about this phone however is if it really was JY's phone in reality. If you look at the warrants, they clearly define the Cingular phone as Jasno Lynn Young's - not the case with the Samsung-itis only noted as being found in Jason Lynn Young's SUV. I'm kind of thinking this phone may belong to someone else - family member possibly. Don't know but ownership of the phone is not clearly identified only location found. Studying....

True, it may not be his, but I get the feeling it is. I think LE would have had to supply more info in probable cause if it had belonged to someone else.

Besides, it's red! It must be his!

raisincharlie
12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True, it may not be his, but I get the feeling it is. I think LE would have had to supply more info in probable cause if it had belonged to someone else.

Besides, it's red! It must be his!
Good one ! I noticed in the data to be collected from the phone - 5 digital images. And the usual missed calls, received calls, dialed calls, contacts, text messages and electronic data. Red - yup must be the JY meister's !

raisincharlie
12-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Many thanks to Sami who found the following link relating to the Dell Latitude found in JY's SUV:

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97253&SecID=2

"The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of things of note:

1. This confirms that JY did return to Raleigh on 3 November, the same day his wife was found.

2. This confirms that the SUV was impounded on 3 Novemeber, upon this return to Raleigh.

3. This also confirms, again, that JY is uncooperative with LE.

4. This also confirms that JY told LE he went to Virginia.

close_enough
12-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Many thanks to Sami who found the following link relating to the Dell Latitude found in JY's SUV:

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97253&SecID=2

"The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of things of note:

1. This confirms that JY did return to Raleigh on 3 November, the same day his wife was found.

2. This confirms that the SUV was impounded on 3 Novemeber, upon this return to Raleigh.

3. This also confirms, again, that JY is uncooperative with LE.

4. This also confirms that JY told LE he went to Virginia.

alright!!..a little more to chew on ....

Samiya
12-31-2006, 01:22 PM
So RC doesn't have to bust fingers typing, lol :)

In the matter of: Gray Dell Latitude model D620

Submitted by Investigator B.T. David of the Wake County Sheriff’s Office Person Crimes Unit:

The computer was seized after a search of a 2004 Ford Explorer registered to Jason Young, the victim’s husband. Jason had driven the vehicle from 5108 Birchleaf Drive, Raleigh to Virginia. He left on November 2, 2006 and returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006 in the Ford Explorer after being notified of his wife’s death. The vehicle contains papers identifying Jason Young as the owner of the vehicle.

The Wake County Sheriff’s Office seized the Ford Explorer shortly after Jason Young returned to Raleigh on November 3, 2006. Attempts have been made to have Jason Young assist in this investigation. He has refused to cooperate with the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.

Access to the computer’s hard drive will be used for the purpose stated above to include but not limited to:

• Obtaining financial records
• Correspondence with insurance companies
• Information to corroborate with witness’ statements
• To locate evidence to be compared with evidence already collected

Based on this affiant’s training and experience, it is believed the preceding facts establish probable cause to believe that the above-described items be located within the Dell Latitude model D620 laptop… will aid in the investigation and identifications of the possible participants in the crime of Homicide N.C.G.S. 14-17, occurring at 5108 Birchleaf Drive, in Raleigh, NC.

For these reasons, this affiant respectfully requests this warrant.

raisincharlie
12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Sami,

Looking at this part:

Access to the computer’s hard drive will be used for the purpose stated above to include but not limited to:

Locating evidence to be compared with evidence already collected - fascinating and darn my thoughts could go crazy here. :crazy:

Boyz_Mum
12-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Okay, sorry for chiming in here and please forgive me if this has been allready addressed. From what I am reading, a laptop computer was taken out of JY's vehicle during the search. If he had a computer with him, why would he have needed to have something faxed or sent to the home? Can a laptop receive a fax? I am sorry again if someone allready explained this, it only caught my eye today.

Samiya
12-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Okay, sorry for chiming in here and please forgive me if this has been allready addressed. From what I am reading, a laptop computer was taken out of JY's vehicle during the search. If he had a computer with him, why would he have needed to have something faxed or sent to the home? Can a laptop receive a fax? I am sorry again if someone allready explained this, it only caught my eye today.Hi Boyz_Mum,

It can receive a fax if it is set up with a fax program and connected to a phone line (same as a home computer, except portable). It can also send a fax as well by remote sending. Windows has a built in faxing program which he could set up to send and receive. I have no idea about Linux operating systems but I'm certain there would be a plug in for that one too for fax services.

The fact that a fax or printout was either sent to his home has us suspicious too. We're dying to know who sent it!

If it is found from examining files on the home computer that the document was printed directly from the computer at the Birchleaf Drive house, then he's toast for sure.

raisincharlie
12-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Okay, sorry for chiming in here and please forgive me if this has been allready addressed. From what I am reading, a laptop computer was taken out of JY's vehicle during the search. If he had a computer with him, why would he have needed to have something faxed or sent to the home? Can a laptop receive a fax? I am sorry again if someone allready explained this, it only caught my eye today.
Boyz_Mum,

You are asking the same questions we are - why was that fax/print out sent to the home ? It really is not clear that it was a fax - the warrant for 5108 Birchleaf confirms there was a document in the printer next to the computer in the home but it is identified as only a document. I can see a lap top not being able to receive a fax - but...

Good question and I wish we all had an answer to it. Please chime in some more - it is helpful !

Samiya
12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Sami,

Looking at this part:

Locating evidence to be compared with evidence already collected - fascinating and darn my thoughts could go crazy here. :crazy:My mind is ticking over :)

Financial records: proof of heavy debt requiring a great sum of money to pay off?

Correspondence with insurance companies: I would think would mean that he may have taken an individual new policy out on Michelle. Also did insurance 'shopping' for the best deals in town.

Witness' statements: I think there's a few folks that have been contacted, interviewed and spilled some beans on some stuff......number 1 may be an insurance company with some details of a new insurance policy and the date it came into effect? Number 2 may be that MM did NOT send the fax/printout.

Evidence already collected: the printout. Copy/copies of new insurance documents.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif....and a heap of other stuff.

raisincharlie
12-31-2006, 02:03 PM
My mind is ticking over :)

Financial records: proof of heavy debt requiring a great sum of money to pay off?

Correspondence with insurance companies: I would think would mean that he may have taken an individual new policy out on Michelle. Also did insurance 'shopping' for the best deals in town.

Witness' statements: I think there's a few folks that have been contacted, interviewed and spilled some beans on some stuff......number 1 may be an insurance company with some details of a new insurance policy and the date it came into effect? Number 2 may be that MM did NOT send the fax/printout.

Evidence already collected: the printout. Copy/copies of new insurance documents.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif....and a heap of other stuff.
Some insurance policies allow you to borrow against them.........

Samiya
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Boyz_Mum,

You are asking the same questions we are - why was that fax/print out sent to the home ? It really is not clear that it was a fax - the warrant for 5108 Birchleaf confirms there was a document in the printer next to the computer in the home but it is identified as only a document. I can see a lap top not being able to receive a fax - but...

Good question and I wish we all had an answer to it. Please chime in some more - it is helpful !Hiya again RC,

A laptop is the same as a home computer. If it can send a fax it can also receive them if it's attached to a phone line. Instead of printing the fax out if it's not connected to a printer, it will store them as a file like an email. Actually the fax program is very similar to email accounts, it has an inbox, an outbox and best of all in this case.......a SENT FOLDER :)

Sami

Samiya
12-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Some insurance policies allow you to borrow against them.........Now that's interesting :) My work policy won't let me, but my personal one does........and......

I can also cash my personal policy at any time I want as it is a policy that has a increased value that matches how much I've paid in policy fees. :)

raisincharlie
12-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Hiya again RC,

A laptop is the same as a home computer. If it can send a fax it can also receive them if it's attached to a phone line. Instead of printing the fax out if it's not connected to a printer, it will store them as a file like an email. Actually the fax program is very similar to email accounts, it has an inbox, an outbox and best of all in this case.......a SENT FOLDER :)

Sami
I think the word fax is confusing by itself. It is obvious to me that if it came through the home computer, it is not by any means a "conventional fax" which comes through a stand alone machine hooked to a phone line. An e-fax however is quite different and I would agree with your synopsis.

I think this has assisted in some of the confusion about the "fax". Considering JY's occupation, I think we will find that the laptop in question most likely had a full array of communications options whether it be his personal lap top or one belonging to ChartOne.

Boyz_Mum
01-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey all, thanks for answering my question. I remember speculating that Jason may or may not have a laptop as part of his job and how it didn't make sense that he would even send anything home (as a fax or otherwise) and I guess that the search warrant uncovered the laptop in his vehicle? (I am reading correctly, right?) It would make no sense to me that he sent the "fax/printout" home except to use it as a ruse to get MF to the house. (I usually jump to conclusions first and now I am just working my way back through with the information... sorry to be a backward thinker! LOL!)

raisincharlie
01-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey all, thanks for answering my question. I remember speculating that Jason may or may not have a laptop as part of his job and how it didn't make sense that he would even send anything home (as a fax or otherwise) and I guess that the search warrant uncovered the laptop in his vehicle? (I am reading correctly, right?) It would make no sense to me that he sent the "fax/printout" home except to use it as a ruse to get MF to the house. (I usually jump to conclusions first and now I am just working my way back through with the information... sorry to be a backward thinker! LOL!)
Boyz_Mum,

Yes you are correct - the laptop was indeed found in JYs SUV when it was impounded. I also think you are correct about the faxwhatever being a ruse to have his wife's body found while he was definitely away. It is not yet known who sent the faxwhatever, some indications are it may have been MM - if so, we can also assume JY had contact with MM - how else would he know it was there ? The other school of thought is JY himself sent it - could be just as possible as MM because again - he knew it was at the house. The good news - with all the computer siezures - there will be no doubt where it came from, when it arrived and when it was printed. :)

PolkSaladAnnie
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Great sleuthin, charlie and sami - and I agree with you, too, scout!!! MrsMush, nice to 'see' you again and yep, I recall your post considering the laptop. Doesn't make any sense. If there WAS a fax and it WAS for Michelle, then as has been suggested: it may have been sent post-crime to thwart off alibi-hunters....

Indeed, charlie: your earlier post where you entered "this confirms...." (4 issues cited). Well ... THIS ALSO CONFIRMS ... what a sob JY is, IMO.

All his actions *prove* absolutely zero remorse. None, nada, ZEEER OH, zero! So, if it emerges JY's our perp ... then he has a sorry time at trial to try and portray himself as the grieving husband - or this was a regrettable spontaneous act if he's found guilty.

He's done nothing but focus on being as obstinate and unco-operative as possible. The NERVE .... :(

D'you think LE are letting him run through all these actions - because they really do absolutely nothing to assist him whatsoever?