PDA

View Full Version : Found Deceased MD - Rachel Smith 16, & Rachel Crites, 18, Montgomery Co., 19 Jan 2007

kittykat1
01-22-2007, 09:24 PM
MISSING RACHEL SMITH & RACHEL CRITES

http://www.bnaitzedek.org/Rachel.html

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=598&sid=1038831

Please spread the word

kittykat1
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Rachel Crites MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57377361

Female
18 years old
ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
United States

A message left on her blog:
Rachel/Rachel or Thelma and Louise. Met you the other night for dinner - you were both terrific - so much to offer. Pls phone home or post on myspace. Critters need you. Your Mom needs you. Let us know you're OK, pls.

Posted by __________ on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM

LionRun
01-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Rachel Crites MySpace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=57377361

Female
18 years old
ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
United States

A message left on her blog:
Rachel/Rachel or Thelma and Louise. Met you the other night for dinner - you were both terrific - so much to offer. Pls phone home or post on myspace. Critters need you. Your Mom needs you. Let us know you're OK, pls.

Posted by __________ on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Thank you kittykat for posting about these missing girls. I hope they are found safely.

Lion

Becba
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I checked mapquest and North Potomac Md is 343 miles from Charleston WV. That is a long ways. I don't really understand a daughter calling her mom from that far away pretending to be going to the movies. If a child is running away they usually won't call to buy time.Perhaps one of the girls had met a boy from that area or was going out of state for a secret she didn't want anyone to know about. I hope they have just run off and will be back.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=north+potomac&1s=md&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=charleston&2s=wv&2z=&r=f

Emmie
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
The one article makes em seem like they were lovers but the myspace page has the older Rachel listed as straight. Hmmmm.... I hope they are okay.

Elphaba
01-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Being as Rockville is a community of DC, it is all over the DC news. One of the stations actually ran a picture of what one of the girls parents found in her hand-written diary. Though the picture of the diary page is not posted with this article, it does sum it up:

http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=55208

The parents did an interview and said that their daughter was suicidal in the past. Other news stations are reporting that officials asked them to not reveal what was in the diary.

Charlestown, WV, is maybe an hour to an hour-and-a-half drive from here, if the traffic isn't bad... that was the last place her cellphone registered from.

Mygirlsadie
01-23-2007, 02:33 AM
It sounds like they were more then friends. And you know what? That is ok. Let them be and just let them come home. I hope they didnt run away due to pressure and are going to do something drastic.

reb
01-23-2007, 02:35 AM
i saw that earlier,, and i wonder why the parents revealed to the media what the girl said in her diary. i know the situation could be urgent.. but somehow it seems like a cruel invasion of privacy. was that really necessary?
still.. judging by that it does not sound good.. hopefully it's just the usual hormonal-induced epic end-of-the-world drama that young people go through... and she didn't mean anything serious by it...........?

sissy's mom
01-23-2007, 02:40 AM
Teenage girls can be so dramatic. I sure hope that's all this is and the girls will be found safe.

Elphaba
01-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Teenage girls can be so dramatic. I sure hope that's all this is and the girls will be found safe.
Goodness, do I know that... having raised teens, I couldn't agree with you more, on the drama. And I too, hope the girls are found safe... my heart goes out to their parents...

julianne
01-23-2007, 03:57 AM
i saw that earlier,, and i wonder why the parents revealed to the media what the girl said in her diary. i know the situation could be urgent.. but somehow it seems like a cruel invasion of privacy. was that really necessary?
still.. judging by that it does not sound good.. hopefully it's just the usual hormonal-induced epic end-of-the-world drama that young people go through... and she didn't mean anything serious by it...........?I would call what clearly appears to be a form of a suicide note, written by a teenage girl who has suffered from depression no less, as something VERY URGENT.

Quote: "wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry." End Quote

The parents obviously feel it is of utmost importance to release this--they are afraid for her LIFE. If I was in their shoes, I would risk my daughter feeling like her privacy had been invaded if it meant more exposure for her missing persons case and possibly saving her life. I'd rather her feel that, than be dead and not feel anything at all.

The last part where she says "This is my choice. I'm sorry" makes me feel that she KNEW it would be found, and maybe even WANTED it to be found. As a parent, you stop at nothing when the safety and well being of your child is being compromised.

Elphaba
01-23-2007, 05:51 AM
I would call what clearly appears to be a form of a suicide note, written by a teenage girl who has suffered from depression no less, as something VERY URGENT.

Quote: "wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry." End Quote

The parents obviously feel it is of utmost importance to release this--they are afraid for her LIFE. If I was in their shoes, I would risk my daughter feeling like her privacy had been invaded if it meant more exposure for her missing persons case and possibly saving her life. I'd rather her feel that, than be dead and not feel anything at all.

The last part where she says "This is my choice. I'm sorry" makes me feel that she KNEW it would be found, and maybe even WANTED it to be found. As a parent, you stop at nothing when the safety and well being of your child is being compromised.
True... very true.

In an interview from WJZ (B'more station), her father expressed that he is scared: (the video interview is on the upper right side of the page)

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_022225721.html

About him finding her diary: the way he described it, he found it right on her desk, under a book. While I don't want to jump to conclusions, I do know how protective girls can be of their private diary and will do what they can to keep it hidden well away... but with him finding it so easily, it sets off red flags... it does give cause to think that she meant for it to be found.

PrayersForMaura
01-23-2007, 11:06 AM
True... very true.

In an interview from WJZ (B'more station), her father expressed that he is scared: (the video interview is on the upper right side of the page)

About him finding her diary: the way he described it, he found it right on her desk, under a book. While I don't want to jump to conclusions, I do know how protective girls can be of their private diary and will do what they can to keep it hidden well away... but with him finding it so easily, it sets off red flags... it does give cause to think that she meant for it to be found.

But I am curious about why she wrote it in the diary?
Why not just write a note and leave it on the desk or somewhere out in the open?

cynpat2000
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
True... very true.

About him finding her diary: the way he described it, he found it right on her desk, under a book. While I don't want to jump to conclusions, I do know how protective girls can be of their private diary and will do what they can to keep it hidden well away... but with him finding it so easily, it sets off red flags... it does give cause to think that she meant for it to be found.I agree, most teen girls have their diaries locked and well hidden. I just hope they find them soon.

mistivon
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
While there were no signs of trouble, Rachel Crites was still undergoing counseling for depression, her father said. She had attempted suicide in March because of problems the family was going through, according to her father. In September, he and his wife — Crites’ stepmother — separated and in October his daughter moved in with him, he said. He has called her mother, who lives in Italy, and her stepmother, about Rachel being missing.

more at link:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/012307/montcou151501_31997.shtml

LisainWV
01-23-2007, 10:53 PM
I checked mapquest and North Potomac Md is 343 miles from Charleston WV. That is a long ways. I don't really understand a daughter calling her mom from that far away pretending to be going to the movies. If a child is running away they usually won't call to buy time.Perhaps one of the girls had met a boy from that area or was going out of state for a secret she didn't want anyone to know about. I hope they have just run off and will be back.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=north+potomac&1s=md&1z=&2pn=&2a=&2c=charleston&2s=wv&2z=&r=f
There is a CharlesTON, WV and a CharlesTOWN, WV. I believe they are referring to Charlestown which is on the northern border of WV.

Sleuthster
01-24-2007, 12:17 AM
I have to agree, on both remarks.

With 3 teenage daughters of my own, I can testify that they can be very dramatic and unpredictable. My eldest daughter (she is 20) ran away 3 x and it was a shock each time she did, afterall she was scared of the dark I could not believe that she would stay gone at night on her own accord. I was sure that she was abducted and they where going to find her in a ditch somewhere every time she did it. We always hope for the best but imagine the worst.

The last time was 10 months ago and she said she was going to a concert, she did not tell me it was in New Orleans. She came back a month later pregnant with some guy. Now I am a grandma. She started talking about going on one of her adventures again this week. I said, now you have a responsibility so there will be no more road trips!

To sum this up, Teenage girls are unpredictable, dramatic,sneeky, and emotional. I truely believe that these girls will be found safe and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am right.

mistivon
01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Consultants from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are assisting the search for two missing Montgomery County teenagers, police said today.

Two retired federal law enforcement agents with experience in missing children are now consulting with Montgomery County Police to provide investigative and technical assistance.

Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg and Rachel Smith, 16, of North Potomac were last heard from on the afternoon of Jan. 19 when they called their parents and told them they planned to see a movie in Georgetown.

Police do not suspect foul play but are concerned about the mental state of the pair, said police spokeswoman Lucille Baur.

Information about the two girls will be posted on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s web site www.missingkids.com⁄sightings and people with possible information about the women can call the center’s toll free line at 1-800-843-5678.

Rachel Smith is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall, 118 pounds, with green eyes and medium-length brown hair.

Rachel Crites is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 110 pounds, with brown eyes and brown medium-length hair.

They are believed to be driving Crites’ dark blue 1997 Subaru Outback station wagon with a black cargo rack on the roof and Maryland tags MBJ-485. ‘‘We remain very optimistic with all the help we’re receiving from the community members that we’ll be able to locate these young ladies,” Baur said. ‘‘We’re just very hopeful the girls understand it’s important for them to call in and let the families or the police know they are safe.”

http://www.gazette.net/stories/012507/montcou150438_32004.shtml

mistivon
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
ROCKVILLE, Md. -- Police said two missing teenage girls from Montgomery County, Md., could still be in our area and talking to friends.

Investigators first thought that 16-year-old Rachel Smith, of Potomac, and 18-year-old Rachel Crites, of Gaithersburg were in West Virginia, but now they are not sure about that.

more at link:

http://www.nbc4.com/news/10850633/detail.html

mistivon
01-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Speaking in front of television cameras and reporters on Friday afternoon, the families of two missing teenagers appealed for their children to call home.

‘‘Sweetie, I’m here if you need me or if I can do anything to help you,” said Kathryn Cornelius, the mother of Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg. ‘‘Please call us.”

Crites and her friend, Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, were last heard from on the afternoon of Jan. 19 when they called their parents, saying that they planned to see a movie in Georgetown. Police do not suspect foul play but are concerned about the pair’s mental state.

‘‘We are worried about you and hope that you can just let us know that you are safe,” said Daniel Alexander, Rachel Smith’s uncle. The families asked police about making a public appeal to the girls in the hope that the girls will see it, police spokeswoman Lucille Baur said at Friday’s news conference in Montgomery County Police headquarters in Rockville.

more at link:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/012607/montcou191426_32027.shtml

SeriouslySearching
01-27-2007, 01:26 AM
My hope is that they have a literal underground network helping them. Not a sinister one...but friends they are staying with and others helping them to 'hide in plain sight'. Teenagers, gay or not, have connections of likeminded people who they feel safe around plus willing to take them in and not turn them in. I pray this is the case.

Going through her diary is something any parent would do under these circumstances. When your child takes off, you have an obligation to search for any possible way to bring them home and everything previously off-limits for reasons of privacy to your child become evidence. Calling every phone number you find, reading every written word, or anything that gives you an idea should be followed through on. Putting out the word of her diary was pertinent to this case. It does sound like a suicide note. I believe it was to inform the friends that might be helping them of how serious this is and they are obviously asking for their cooperation in light of that.

I will keep those girls in my thoughts and prayers, along with their parents. I feel they are safe and will be back eventually. Everything at their age seems like the world is against them and particularly if they aren't open with being gay.

I hope the girls know that deep down there is absolutely NOTHING they can ever do or be that will keep their parents from loving them. A parent's love is unconditional. No matter how much you feel they don't understand you...given a chance, parents learn and accept you as you really are because what we all want is for you to be happy and healthy.

OneLostGrl
01-27-2007, 03:05 AM
My hope is that they have a literal underground network helping them. Not a sinister one...but friends they are staying with and others helping them to 'hide in plain sight'. Teenagers, gay or not, have connections of likeminded people who they feel safe around plus willing to take them in and not turn them in. I pray this is the case.

Going through her diary is something any parent would do under these circumstances. When your child takes off, you have an obligation to search for any possible way to bring them home and everything previously off-limits for reasons of privacy to your child become evidence. Calling every phone number you find, reading every written word, or anything that gives you an idea should be followed through on. Putting out the word of her diary was pertinent to this case. It does sound like a suicide note. I believe it was to inform the friends that might be helping them of how serious this is and they are obviously asking for their cooperation in light of that.

I will keep those girls in my thoughts and prayers, along with their parents. I feel they are safe and will be back eventually. Everything at their age seems like the world is against them and particularly if they aren't open with being gay.

I hope the girls know that deep down there is absolutely NOTHING they can ever do or be that will keep their parents from loving them. A parent's love is unconditional. No matter how much you feel they don't understand you...given a chance, parents learn and accept you as you really are because what we all want is for you to be happy and healthy.

Excellent post!

mistivon
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
did anyone see greta, or know where i can get a transcript?

This is a partial transcript from "On the Record," January 29, 2007, that has been edited for clarity.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Two Rachels and one big mystery tonight. They're teenagers from Maryland: Rachel Smith (javascript:siteSearch('Rachel Smith');) is 16, Rachel Crites (javascript:siteSearch('Rachel Crites');) 18. They're good friends and they're gone. The girls vanished over a week ago, they said they were going to the movies and they, well we just don't know. No one does. Was there an accident? Did they run away together? Was there a crime? Police and family is looking for answers tonight.

Joining us are Rachel Crites' parents — Troy Crites and Kathy Cornelius.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248639,00.html

Melisinde
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Hmm, I have some guys working in and around that area. I'll be passing this along to a few people. Who knows, maybe they'll see them. :(

mistivon
02-01-2007, 10:34 AM
WJZ) It has been nearly two weeks since two teenage girls went missing from their Washington D.C. area homes.

As WJZ's Dennis Edwards reports, police believe the two teens could be within 2 1/2 hours of their homes where family members are anxiously hoping to hear of their safe return.

On January 19, 18-year-old Rachel Crites and 16-year old Rachel Smith went to a movie and never came home.

Montgomery County police are now calling the search for both teens an extremely active investigation. They do not believe foul play or abduction was involved, but they are concerned about the girls' emotional states

more:

http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_031230205.html

Bobbisangel
02-02-2007, 07:30 AM
This part of the journel entry is what would scare me to death......

It sounds like the girls might have made a suicide pact. It's odd though that the vehicle hasn't been found. If they had gone somewhere to commit suicide it seems that the vehicle would have been found by now unless they drove way out somewhere. I don't know what the country is like though or if there is even places like that that they could drive to that is like country way out somewhere.

This could also be their way of letting their parents know that the are actually girlfriends instead of telling them face to face. Maybe they were afraid of their parents reactions and decided to write something in the diary knowing that the parents would read the diary and would then know. If they have heard their parents talk in negative ways about gays then I can see them being afraid of their reactions. Maybe they were tired of sneaking around and wanted to be out in the open with their relationship. I hope that is what is behind their disappearance.

mistivon
02-02-2007, 10:54 AM
HAGERSTOWN - A search for two missing Maryland teenagers went national last Saturday when "America's Most Wanted" aired a 15-second segment about the Montgomery County residents.

A national correspondent for the television show said that at least one tip received after the broadcast placed the pair in Hagerstown.

Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, and Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg, have been missing since Jan. 19.

The teenagers told their parents that they were going to see a movie in Georgetown that night and never returned, said Michelle Sigona, a national correspondent for "America's Most Wanted."

more:

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=157851&format=html

mistivon
02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
oh no

AP) The bodies of two females were found Friday in a vehicle matching the description of a Subaru that two missing
Maryland girls were believed to be driving when they did not return home last month, authorities said.

The car was found in northern Virginia about 2:15 p.m. by someone who was driving off Route 9 in a remote area near the West Virginia border, Loudoun County Sheriff Stephen Simpson told WRC-TV.

http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_033201320.html

ketel0ne
02-02-2007, 09:51 PM
"At about 2:15 this afternoon, we received a call from someone who was four-wheeling up in this area -- a fairly remote location off of Route 9 near the West Virginia line -- they said they found a vehicle there that was not supposed to be there," said Loudoun County Sheriff Steve Simpson. "Deputies arrived on the scene, confirmed that there was a Subaru station wagon matching the description of one that has been missing from Montgomery County. They did locate two white females inside the vehicle -- both deceased. Both appeared to be probably under the age of 25. We're in the process right now of trying to make a positive ID of who they are."

The causes of their deaths are unknown.

Bodies Found In Missing Teens' Car (http://www.nbc4.com/news/10914969/detail.html)

Jessiebell
02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
ROCKVILLE, Md. -- Two white female bodies have been discovered inside the vehicle in which two teenage girls from Montgomery County were riding when they disappeared two weeks ago.

Link (http://www.nbc4.com/news/10914969/detail.html)

englishleigh
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
:(

I wish they hadn't felt suicide was their only option, whatever the issue was.

Prayers for their families. How awful.

philamena
02-03-2007, 01:35 AM
What a sad story. Hopefully the families will know the cause of death soon, although whatever the cause won't be easy to accept. Either the girls met with foul play or they comitted suicide. :(

Bobbisangel
02-03-2007, 06:32 AM
I was so afraid that this was going to be the outcome of this story. The entry in the journal sounded to much like the girls had formed a suicide pact and she was letting her parents know.

I hope they didn't make the decision to commit suicide because they loved each other and were afraid that their parents wouldn't love them or accept them if they knew. I don't know the parents so I don't know their thoughts and feelings about children being different but I do know that you either love your children unconditionally even if you don't approve of what they are doing or you lose them.

It is just a shame that this story has such a sad ending. I just wish the girls had talked to someone.

Kymistry35
02-03-2007, 08:50 AM
How sad. It does sound like they may have planned a suicide, possibly because they loved each other. It is tragic if they chose suicide instead of coming out and telling their parents. Prayers for the families.

mistivon
02-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Loudoun County investigators confirmed early Saturday that the victims were Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, and Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg. The teens, who had been missing for two weeks, did not return home after telling their parents they would be attending a movie in Georgetown.

There were no signs of trauma on the bodies, authorities said, and the cause of death is not yet known

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-dc--missingteens0203feb03,0,2137625.story?coll=dp-headlines-virginia

shdbepaintin
02-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Breaks my heart that these beaituful girls so young and so much to live for felt dieing was the thing to do.
The families, i can't imagine the pain.
Prayers to them all

kittykat1
02-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Very sad . . . I was hoping for a better outcome. Prayers to the Smith family and the Crites family.

englishleigh
02-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Loudoun County investigators confirmed early Saturday that the victims were Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, and Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg. The teens, who had been missing for two weeks, did not return home after telling their parents they would be attending a movie in Georgetown.

There were no signs of trauma on the bodies, authorities said, and the cause of death is not yet known

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-dc--missingteens0203feb03,0,2137625.story?coll=dp-headlines-virginia

More than likely they overdosed. :( :( :( :( I feel so bad for their parents.

JanetElaine
02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
When I read the title of this thread I couldn't help but say out loud 'oh damn'. This bites. :(

reb
02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
geez... this is too bad. i kind of thought it might end this way-- i was hoping she was just being dramatic, but at the same time it sounded like she wasn't kidding. i wonder what the huge obstacle was?? did they feel ashamed or unaccepted by their families, or could they just not deal with it themselves? i wonder if the younger girl's parents were upset, thinking that an older girl was influencing their daughter... and maybe forbade them from seeing each other? but this is purely speculation.. we may never know what happened.
i don't understand these situations.... i mean- come on, all you have to do is wait a couple years til you're out of the house and you can do what you want. but, when you're young i guess that seems like an eternity...

michelle
02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
This is so sad....

Bobbisangel
02-04-2007, 08:28 AM
How sad that the girls felt that suicide was the only answer to what ever problem they had. My heart goes out to their parents. I can't imagine being in their shoes. It is just heartbreaking.

mistivon
02-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Sources tell WTOP Radio there were no notes, no empty bottles of pills or alcohol, but investigators did find the keys turned in the "on" position and the car had run out of gas.

The Loudoun County Sheriff's department will not comment, saying the cause of death will be determined during an autopsy by the State Medical Examiner in Fairfax County.

Loudoun County Sheriff's spokesman Kraig Troxell said the dark blue Subaru Outback was found about 2:15 p.m. on Friday by someone who was driving along an access road off Route 9 in a remote area near the West Virginia border

more:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1038831

Sheromom
02-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I was so afraid that this was going to be the outcome of this story. The entry in the journal sounded to much like the girls had formed a suicide pact and she was letting her parents know.

I hope they didn't make the decision to commit suicide because they loved each other and were afraid that their parents wouldn't love them or accept them if they knew. I don't know the parents so I don't know their thoughts and feelings about children being different but I do know that you either love your children unconditionally even if you don't approve of what they are doing or you lose them.

It is just a shame that this story has such a sad ending. I just wish the girls had talked to someone.
You are absolutely right, Bobbisangel; there is NOTHING that could change the love I feel for my children; regardless of whether I approve of their choices in this life. It's too bad that they aren't able to comprehend that during their teens, even if we tell them so. Such a sad story.

CatMama3
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
First time linking a story--I hope it worked (thank you Sassygerl). Autopsy shows cause of death was CO poisoning.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-girls0205,0,7844597.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

CatMama3
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Cause of death was CO poisoning. BTW, I also posted this article on the main thread.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-girls0205,0,7844597.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

mistivon
02-10-2007, 02:03 PM
The family and friends of a teenager who was found dead after being missing for two weeks are saying their final goodbyes Saturday.

The funeral for 18-year-old Rachel Crites of Montgomery County was scheduled for this morning in Gaithersburg.

Crites and her best friend, 16-year-old Rachel Smith of Potomac, had been missing for nearly two weeks before their bodies were found last week in a car in Loudoun County. An autopsy revealed that they likely died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The memorial mass was at Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church in Gaithersburg.

Crites' father plans to put her ashes inside a cemetery bench, under the shade of an oak tree.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0207/396149.html