PDA

View Full Version : girl abducted from bed, assaulted

mistivon
02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
MOSS POINT — A 10-year-old girl was pulled from her bed early Wednesday morning by a man she didn’t know, taken miles from her home, sexually assaulted and left to wander alone on a road in the Orange Grove community.

It was still dark when a man who was headed home from work saw the girl on the road and stopped. He called police while his wife comforted the child.

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department released information about the abduction and assault Friday evening; they are hoping media attention will help turn up a witness to any part of the crime that began at the girl’s home on Raby Street, where she lives with her parents and other family members.

Her parents were asleep in the home when she was abducted.

“Someone opened her bedroom window — her bed was against the wall next to the window — reached in and put a hand over her mouth and threw her in the trunk of a car,” said Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd. “They took her into the county, to the Orange Grove community where she was assaulted. “We’re just trying to find this car, because this is just terrible,” Byrd said.

more:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/16668399.htm

southcitymom
02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks goodness she is alive. Prayers to her and her family.

Bobbisangel
02-11-2007, 05:21 AM
It is just hard to believe that these perverts are so bold as to reach right in and grab a child right out of their bed. Eleven years old!!! I wonder how big this girl is and how much she weighs? Had he been watching that neighborhood looking for a little girl that he liked or did he know the family? He knew which bedroom she was in and where she was sleeping. Makes me wonder. It is really scary. Kids need alarms on their windows even if they lock tight. This is happening so often now.

I'm so glad that he didn't murder that little girl. I wonder if she even saw his face at all.

Shadow205
02-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Sheriff Mike Byrd said Saturday officers had interviewed four suspects and ruled out all but one in their investigation of the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 10-year-old girl pulled from her bed last week.

One of the four persons of interest will likely go before a photo lineup Monday, Byrd said, but no arrests have been made.

'That just makes me sick at my stomach,' Byrd said. 'I don't know what goes through these people's minds.'
Byrd said the men took the girl from her bed in a home on Raby Avenue in Moss Point (http://www.topix.net/city/moss-point-ms) in the early-morning hours Wednesday. They believe she was taken to the Orange Grove community in Jackson County, where she was sexually assaulted.

more at the link http://www.topix.net/content/kri/1623844912353583740503758957381634473427

IdahoMom
02-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Thank God she's alive! Poor little thing- she must have been absolutely terrified.:(

Spazkat9696
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I read last week on MSNBC(I think) that police in Arizona or some where out west had alerted parents to be careful of this very thing because they have/had a person creeping in at night and doing the same thing. I know that's not where this girl is from but it makes you think this is going a lot more than we are being told. I wonder if people place as much importance on locking there windows as there door's.

LovelyPigeon
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Byrd said the men took the girl from her bed in a home on Raby Avenue

Men or man?

I wonder if this could be related to the yet unsolved abduction case of Marissa Graham http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46272

mistivon
02-14-2007, 11:49 PM
PASCAGOULA - The 10-year-old victim of a sexual assault and kidnapping last week saw several men in a photo lineup Monday that looked "similar" to her attacker, but could not say for sure who might be responsible.

Sheriff Mike Byrd said officials at the state Crime Lab are analyzing evidence collected in the case to positively identify the man responsible.

"It just makes me sick to my stomach," Byrd said Monday. "We just don't have enough to hold anyone right now. It's one of those things where we're going to have to wait on the evidence."

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/nation/16685757.htm

mistivon
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
PASCAGOULA - Marice Dion "Ice Cream" Miller, one of two suspects in the sexual assault and kidnapping of a 10-year-old Moss Point girl, is expected to have an extradition hearing in Mobile as early as Wednesday or Thursday before he's turned over to the custody of the Jackson County Sheriff's Department.

Sheriff Mike Byrd confirmed Tuesday that the extradition proceedings are currently in the works, tentatively scheduled as noted above.

Miller, 18, and LaBrandon Thompson, 17, both of Moss Point, are accused in the Feb. 7 kidnapping of the girl from a home on Raby Street in Moss Point. The suspects allegedly entered through an unlocked window and grabbed the victim.

From there, investigators believe the girl was taken to a remote location in the Orange Grove community where she sexually assaulted and dumped. A man on his way home from work the morning of the abduction spotted the girl walking alone on a road, picked her up and brought her to his home, where he called authorities.

Thompson was first arrested and charged as an adult with kidnaping for his alleged role in the crime.

Investigators believe Miller actually sexually assaulted the victim.

The victim is currently in protective custody. She's already taken part in a photo lineup where she picked Miller as a suspect though she couldn't say for sure. The Sheriff's Department has sent off evidence in the case to the state Crime Lab for analysis

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/breaking_news/16845011.htm

Bobbisangel
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Those two guys are in their teens! I'm so glad that they got caught right away. I wonder how many other children they have messed with. Kind of hard to believe that they would start out by kidnapping a 10-11 yr old girl from her bed and take her away to rape her. I'll bet we hear more about these two.

I'm thankful that the little girl wasn't murdered. The guys must not have covered their faces or anything. I guess they weren't worried about her being able to identify them. That was pretty dumb but so lucky for LE and the little girl.

Beyond Belief
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I sure am glad they got these guys. What a brave little girl.

ibbasquish
03-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Why is the poor girl in protective custody? Does that mean foster care? I cannot even imagine what it must be like for the parents to be away from their daughter right now.

Prayers and hugs for this poor girl tonight.

Sable
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Maybe they meant police are posted by her home, to prevent anything from happening to her or her family? Since she can identify the people that took her, more than likely they want to make sure no one tries to hurt/kill her to save the two guys from going to jail.

bigbuck
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Why is the poor girl in protective custody? Does that mean foster care? I cannot even imagine what it must be like for the parents to be away from their daughter right now.

Prayers and hugs for this poor girl tonight.I wondered the same thing. Perhaps this is gang related or, she was attacked as retalliation over some conflict with another member of her family.

Belinda
05-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Maurice Dion Miller

Housed: WGCF

Offense: Vehicle Theft
Sentence: 5 years (concurrent)

Offense: Kidnapping
Sentence: 15 years (consecutive)

Offense: Sexual Battery
Sentence: 40 years (consecutive)

Total Length: 55 years
Tentative Release Date: 03/22/2062

La Brandon Thompson

Sentence: 18 years

Tentative Release Date: 10/02/2023

TallCoolOne
05-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Maurice Dion Miller

Offense: Vehicle Theft
Sentence: 5 years (concurrent)

Sentence: 15 years (consecutive)

Offense: Sexual Battery
Sentence: 40 years (consecutive)

Total Length: 55 years
Tentative Release Date: 03/22/2062

La Brandon Thompson

Sentence: 18 years

Tentative Release Date: 10/02/2023Just wanted to tell you Thank You so very much for bringing all of these cases up to date for us. I for one greatly appreciate your diligence sweetie!!

~TCO~

alsmom
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I wanted to add my thanks as well.

It's been rather interesting to see how some seem to get very long sentences and others pretty much get off with very little. Nothing to do with this case, just in general. I guess there's probably something that I'm not privy to in some of the cases.

Anyway thanks! :)