PDA

View Full Version : Boys, ages 11 and 12, face sex charges

Casshew
02-06-2004, 10:41 AM
CNN) -- Two South Florida boys are charged with the sexual battery of a 10-year-old girl at an elementary school, local sheriff's officials said. The Broward County, Florida, Sheriff's Office Wednesday said the two boys, ages 11 and 12, are being charged with sexual battery and lewd or lascivious exhibition.

A sheriff's office spokesman said the boys Wednesday pushed the girl into a bathroom at Royal Palm Elementary School in Lauderhill, a community northwest of Fort Lauderdale.

The two boys, whose names were not released because of their ages, allegedly exposed themselves and committed sex acts on her, the spokesman said.

A teacher who learned of the alleged incident contacted police.

Full Story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/05/fl.minors.sexual.battery/index.html

Brefie
02-07-2004, 01:11 PM
These boys need to be monitored. What would make them do such things? Have they seen it elsewhere?

Babcat
02-09-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm shocked that the school didn't say "boys will be boys" and give the girl suspension for participating in a sex act on school property. :rolleyes:

Ivy
02-09-2004, 06:54 PM
There was a case last spring in Stamford, CT, in which a 9-year-old boy was arrested and later charged with the rape and sodomy of a 7-year-old-girl in a school restroom. The assault took place in March. The school tried to argue that boys will be boys, but it didn't work.

The Stamford Advocate article containing the story is no longer available (at least I can't find it), and I've seen no followup articles about the case.

Casshew
02-09-2004, 06:59 PM
There was a case last spring in Stamford, CT, in which a 9-year-old boy was arrested and later charged with the rape and sodomy of a 7-year-old-girl in a school restroom. The assault took place in March. The school tried to argue that boys will be boys, but it didn't work.

Good lord, how awful! :(