PDA

View Full Version : The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

Pages : [1] 2

CW
03-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Continue on.

Taximom
03-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks, WindChime!
:blowkiss:

GO Buckeyes! (Basketball, this time.) :dance:

Samiya
03-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Continue on.

Hi WindChime, (pretty username!)

maybe after a week you can save server space by deleting part 1?

Sami

raisincharlie
03-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Thought I would post a few pics:

Germany: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/Quiddelbach.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/nurburgring1.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/Buttermarkt-Adenau.jpg

Homestead:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/carprephomestead.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/homestead.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/Tkcarhomestead.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/patron.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/wheldonwheel.jpg

Shelly Beach
03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi Jilly! :blowkiss:

Great pics, Raisin. :)

MY eldest dau goes to the Grand Prix in Melbourne every year
with her Fiance and soon to be MIL and FIL.

The guys go to the track, the girls go shopping. :dance:

BarnGoddess
03-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Checked out your pictures. Beautiful ones of Germany. Now as to Homestead, well, the last time I was there it was a military base, LOL. Went with my parents to the PX and Commisary. Dad was a retired Army Colonel and occasionally we'd venture down on a trip to the Keys. Hard to picture it as a race course now. I know that Hurricane Andrew did damage there and the entire general area down there was devastated the last time I was through there. Last time I saw a race in the area was the Miami Grand Prix for a couple of years. Worked for a car dealer and had VIP passes through BMW and Porsche and our bank. Pit passes, the works. We even had a "local" Porsche of ours and an employee who went through Skip Barber racing in his Honda in the GTU class. Fun, but had to buy ear plugs as we were "up front and personal". I still remember my private driving lesson with Vic Elwood at Sebring and learning the apex of a curve. It will always be a highlight of my life. I really think it made me a safer driver and certainly helped me when I totally spun out going down I-70 at 2am during a whiteout blizzard. Kept my "cool" and never hit the brakes.

jilly
03-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi Jilly! :blowkiss:

Great pics, Raisin. :)

MY eldest dau goes to the Grand Prix in Melbourne every year
with her Fiance and soon to be MIL and FIL.

The guys go to the track, the girls go shopping. :dance:

Hey Shelly!!!!:blowkiss: :blowkiss: I've sure missed you!! Always looking for you! Are you following this case now??

Shelly Beach
03-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Hey Shelly!!!!:blowkiss: :blowkiss: I've sure missed you!! Always looking for you! Are you following this case now??

Oh and me you, come and drop in once in awhile, it's not the same without you. :blowkiss:

I have been following this case since the beginning but just read all you wonderful sleuther's thoughts, ideas and brilliant observations. :)

otto
03-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Even more off topic than the usual off topic, but how many CTV refugees are here? The board has been shut down indefinitely due to bad behavior and complaints. I have to wonder if the mods here receive endless emails with complaints about other posters. I offer my deepest sympathies to the mods if that's what they put up with (kidding) ... what I mean is that patience is indeed a virtue. Anyway, if anyone has the stomach to read to the end of the last thread maybe they can understand, but the frequency of banned people re-creating themselves is endless. It's not much of a leap to assume that they had multiple identities to begin with. Always interesting discussion, nevertheless.

otto
03-30-2007, 05:56 PM
And back to our regularly programmed off topics ...

So after a gruelling week, I attended the after work wine and cheese. We were backed up to the wall so the retiree could open gifts. I stood for a while, made my way back to the wine table; mingled. After about an hour I head to the car, belt up, and notice my fly is wide open. I think back, wondering how long it's been like that. First thought - why didn't someone say something (or were they too polite to notice). I remembered having my hand in my pocket most of the time so I stick my hand in my pocket to see how far the fly is open.

Since when is a computer nerd supposed to be able get dressed anyway?

otto
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay, so nobody thinks it's funny that I attended a wine and cheese with my fly wide open. After that, Michelle was murdered and vendettas against the people that loved her (even if they loved her) are fickle.

Michelle went to sleep one night. She was apparently woken up one night by a brutal beating. Hwy, at least she woke up before she was murdered. What a viscious beating with the cracked skull and all that other stuff - I'm sure that the murder weapon was not an obvious object like the mag light. I don't think we should be influenced to think that a mag light was a murder weapon when the entire crime is un

Samiya
03-30-2007, 10:13 PM

So after a gruelling week, I attended the after work wine and cheese. We were backed up to the wall so the retiree could open gifts. I stood for a while, made my way back to the wine table; mingled. After about an hour I head to the car, belt up, and notice my fly is wide open. I think back, wondering how long it's been like that. First thought - why didn't someone say something (or were they too polite to notice). I remembered having my hand in my pocket most of the time so I stick my hand in my pocket to see how far the fly is open.

LMAO!!!!

The ones who noticed? It's easy to pick them out because they're the only 'bug-eyed' people in the room.

Sami

otto
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Okay, forgive me, but who is this RPD Barney Fife Bud Beer that had it in for Jason Young, the husband of the murdered wife? No vendettas necessary.

Can we at least assume that the husband is a victim too? Other than lawyering up, what makes him look guilty?

After looking at the profile girl (cheer leader, under 30, young family, married, promising career) why shouldn't we wonder why she was murdered? She's the profile girl for girls that had it all under control and ****ed up.

scandi
03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
My Dear Otto! How good it is to see you again.:blowkiss: You definately cracked me up when I read about your moment of discovery LOLOLOL. Had I been there I probably would have been the one to walk over to you, sidle up a bit to whisper, give you a big ;) {that's a wink} and give you a little curlup motion with my index finger. :D It is not the worst of things :p , and if anyone noticed it they probably had a good laugh. YaYa

How was the wine? I have discovered a very good one from Chile called Veramonte, @ $9.99 a bottle. It tastes better than many I have had a sip or two of that cost mucho dineros. lol

Scandi

Samiya
03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Okay, so nobody thinks it's funny that I attended a wine and cheese with my fly wide open. After that, Michelle was murdered and vendettas against the people that loved her (even if they loved her) are fickle.

Michelle went to sleep one night. She was apparently woken up one night by a brutal beating. Hwy, at least she woke up before she was murdered. What a viscious beating with the cracked skull and all that other stuff - I'm sure that the murder weapon was not an obvious object like the mag light. I don't think we should be influenced to think that a mag light was a murder weapon when the entire crime is un

Oh no honey,

I just found your post and thought it was hilarious. I had that problem once with a half buttoned up blouse and thought "it's ok, showing your bra is fashionable these days"....

Which would have been a great excuse except I didn't have a bra on. I've never seen so many smiles from guys in a room and had conversations with those who had never really spoken to me before that I must've missed all the daggers from the women :D

Sami

jilly
03-31-2007, 12:01 AM

Hey Otto!!:blowkiss: ROFL - Hopefully, you were wearing low rise slacks and then there's only about an inch of zipper! haha.

jilly
03-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay, forgive me, but who is this RPD Barney Fife Bud Beer that had it in for Jason Young, the husband of the murdered wife? No vendettas necessary.

Can we at least assume that the husband is a victim too? Other than lawyering up, what makes him look guilty?

After looking at the profile girl (cheer leader, under 30, young family, married, promising career) why shouldn't we wonder why she was murdered? She's the profile girl for girls that had it all under control and ****ed up.

Otto, my dear, I have to respectfully disagree with you about RPD et al. From the very beginning he has always posted credible information imo and when he has been wrong he has immediately stepped up to the plate. Its MO that his vested interest is solely justice for Michelle & her unborn child.

Many of us, including RPD think that JY committed this horrible murder and it's not just because of him lawyering up. Sorry, I do not have the time or energy to list all my reasons nor do I really wish to argue all the points after all this time.

otto
03-31-2007, 01:34 AM
My Dear Otto! How good it is to see you again.:blowkiss: You definately cracked me up when I read about your moment of discovery LOLOLOL. Had I been there I probably would have been the one to walk over to you, sidle up a bit to whisper, give you a big ;) {that's a wink} and give you a little curlup motion with my index finger. :D It is not the worst of things :p , and if anyone noticed it they probably had a good laugh. YaYa

How was the wine? I have discovered a very good one from Chile called Veramonte, @ $9.99 a bottle. It tastes better than many I have had a sip or two of that cost mucho dineros. lol

Scandi

I like red wine. I became suspicious of Chilean wine after they were found to be adding anti-freeze back in the lat 70's, but perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

otto
03-31-2007, 02:23 AM
Otto, my dear, I have to respectfully disagree with you about RPD et al. From the very beginning he has always posted credible information imo and when he has been wrong he has immediately stepped up to the plate. Its MO that his vested interest is solely justice for Michelle & her unborn child.

Many of us, including RPD think that JY committed this horrible murder and it's not just because of him lawyering up. Sorry, I do not have the time or energy to list all my reasons nor do I really wish to argue all the points after all this time.

I know that Barney Fife has inserted himself into the investigation on the level of media, medical examiner, police and family, but to have a vendetta against Jason, to state that Cassidy is spending her birthday with a murderer? To not know the family or anyone in the family and to have such convictions? I have to question whether anyone can really conclude that Jason is a murderer. Yes, we suspect him. Did he do it? I don't know. Has RPD been banned several times on CTV for outrageous comments and come back several times with new names? Yes. He is as much of a repeat offender as Goings.

He has posted some credible info and some off the wall info. The mag light rumour is entirely RPD et al. There's absolutely nothing to support this idea, and we're not sure of how many names he's been posting under with Bud Weise and rpd and all the in between names.

I haven't seen RPD step up to the plate when he's wrong. He seems to want to have a huddle with all the female sleuthers and even goes off on tangents about mag lights and vendettas. That's extreme, for me.

otto
03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Hey Otto!!:blowkiss: ROFL - Hopefully, you were wearing low rise slacks and then there's only about an inch of zipper! haha.

Yup, low rise but still ... embarrassing!

But funny.

I had to wonder whether I did this around 100 people, or just 40. Oops.

otto
03-31-2007, 02:30 AM
Oh no honey,

I just found your post and thought it was hilarious. I had that problem once with a half buttoned up blouse and thought "it's ok, showing your bra is fashionable these days"....

Which would have been a great excuse except I didn't have a bra on. I've never seen so many smiles from guys in a room and had conversations with those who had never really spoken to me before that I must've missed all the daggers from the women :D

Sami

You have to make sure that the right guy signed your underpants - then the women just make a mental note.

Samiya
03-31-2007, 03:45 AM
You have to make sure that the right guy signed your underpants - then the women just make a mental note.

lmao.....but I do have to add for all the gals...

Nylon and Nippies???

do NOT mix :(

Sami

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 09:11 AM
I know that Barney Fife has inserted himself into the investigation on the level of media, medical examiner, police and family, but to have a vendetta against Jason, to state that Cassidy is spending her birthday with a murderer? To not know the family or anyone in the family and to have such convictions? I have to question whether anyone can really conclude that Jason is a murderer. Yes, we suspect him. Did he do it? I don't know. Has RPD been banned several times on CTV for outrageous comments and come back several times with new names? Yes. He is as much of a repeat offender as Goings.

He has posted some credible info and some off the wall info. The mag light rumour is entirely RPD et al. There's absolutely nothing to support this idea, and we're not sure of how many names he's been posting under with Bud Weise and rpd and all the in between names.

I haven't seen RPD step up to the plate when he's wrong. He seems to want to have a huddle with all the female sleuthers and even goes off on tangents about mag lights and vendettas. That's extreme, for me.

I agree with much that you have posted. In addition, he is constantly pointing fingers at other posters accusing them of being Mimi, it's
getting ridiculous, especially in light of the fact that imo, Bud Wiser/rpd is posting with another nic himself: Wyn. It's getting very old and that is
why Coldwater is thinking of closing the forum for good until there is news.
I don't blame her, the immature posters have no one to blame but
themselves, imo.

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I agree with much that you have posted. In addition, he is constantly pointing fingers at other posters accusing them of being Mimi, it's
getting ridiculous, especially in light of the fact that imo, Bud Wiser/rpd is posting with another nic himself: Wyn. It's getting very old and that is
why Coldwater is thinking of closing the forum for good until there is news.
I don't blame her, the immature posters have no one to blame but
themselves, imo.

You think you are so smart don't you RL ? You come here and spread your venom since you can't moderate CTV. This board has been very nice without your "blue". At least you are posting on 'totally off topic" so who really cares.

BTW, Mimi is Cate and I am not Wyn.

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 10:13 AM

Otto,

If you read the original post by Lindsey, you will see she used the term "personal vendetta". I simply repeated it and said 'yea, I have a personal vendetta against JY". Mimi (CateKelly) took it too the next level with about 50 posts. Geez

The 'Mag lite" was OPINION only. Otto, that is what a message board is for. I never said I had inside info that it was a mag lite. I do not think LE recovered the murder weapon, so I think everone is speculating.

Let me set the record here. I am posting for Michelle Young JUSTICE. Sure, I have gotten carried away with Mimi, Alter Ego, Sandpiper and Lampert. Aside from those distractions, I think I have posted informative, insightful information. If you do not agree, simply put me on ignore or scroll on by.:confused:

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 10:17 AM
You think you are so smart don't you RL ? You come here and spread your venom since you can't moderate CTV. This board has been very nice without your "blue". At least you are posting on 'totally off topic" so who really cares.

BTW, Mimi is Cate and I am not Wyn.
Sorry, I won't fight with you. Bait someone else.
My opinion stands.

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry, I won't fight with you. Bait someone else.
My opinion stands.

Great ! You come on and BAIT and then say you won't take bait ?:laugh:

My opinion of you stands.

Looks like we have something in common after all.

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
For what it's worth if anyone is interested, CateKelly is most certainly not the poster Mimiof5. I have posted with CateKelly on other cases, she has been a member of ctv since 6/06. All long time posters lost posts recently when they tweaked the board, the most striking example of that was sammie who had over 35,000 posts and now has 4,000 +

Samiya
03-31-2007, 01:13 PM
For what it's worth if anyone is interested, CateKelly is most certainly not the poster Mimiof5. I have posted with CateKelly on other cases, she has been a member of ctv since 6/06. All long time posters lost posts recently when they tweaked the board, the most striking example of that was sammie who had over 35,000 posts and now has 4,000 +

Thanks BC,

I also know that CateKelly isn't mimiof5.

Sammie had over 35,000 posts?

:clap: Sammie!

Sami

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks BC,

Sami
I think she "swooned" upon returning and seeing
how much "weight" she had lost.....lol :p

scandi
03-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Gee, I don't know Sammie at CTV!

I wonder if CW made her threat good to close the board until there is breaking news. It is amazing, but if you read the last 5 or 6 posts of Friday's Daily Thread, they are discussing another case altogether. :slap:

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Scandi, it sure looks like it. :banghead:

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks BC,

Sami

If shes not, she's a perfect clone. Mean, hateful and adds very little other than trouble.

I know she is mimiof5. She has various 'disposable nics" she used on other crime discussions. She drug out CateKelly 3-27-07 when Mimiof5 was BANNED from MY board on 3-26-07
Its ok if you have a different opinion. It is very obvious to most.

Utopia
03-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Its reopened now.

Gee, I don't know Sammie at CTV!

I wonder if CW made her threat good to close the board until there is breaking news. It is amazing, but if you read the last 5 or 6 posts of Friday's Daily Thread, they are discussing another case altogether. :slap:

Bee Charmer
03-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Its reopened now.

Yep, it's open with 362 views and 12 posts.....looks like Agatha Christie's right, everybody is all talked out. :p

Samiya
03-31-2007, 07:18 PM
If shes not, she's a perfect clone. Mean, hateful and adds very little other than trouble.

I know she is mimiof5. She has various 'disposable nics" she used on other crime discussions. She drug out CateKelly 3-27-07 when Mimiof5 was BANNED from MY board on 3-26-07
Its ok if you have a different opinion. It is very obvious to most.

Barney,

If it is 'ok' if I have a different opinion, why did you bother replying to my post? :waitasec:

lol
Sami

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Barney,

If it is 'ok' if I have a different opinion, why did you bother replying to my post? :waitasec:

lol
Sami

I guess I had nothing better to do :waitasec:

The bottom line is Mimi or CateKelly means nothing at all at the end of the day. I was just pointing out who she was IMO, though who really cares ?

Samiya
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I guess I had nothing better to do :waitasec:

The bottom line is Mimi or CateKelly means nothing at all at the end of the day. I was just pointing out who she was IMO, though who really cares ?

Lol.

Exactly. Those people are just people on a message board. It really doesn't matter who they are. If they rile you, they will continue to rile you whether intentional or unintentional as you wait for their next post or look for them in every poster who comes on board. Put them on ignore and it will serve you better in conserving your energy, allowing you to concentrate on what you want....Justice For Michelle.

Not everyone can agree all the time and there are some strong opinionated posters on every message board you find. Pages of 'you are so and so, IMO' is not going to get justice for Michelle.

FWIW, I have been posting with Bee Charmer for quite a while now, and when she's not being 'attacked' over silly nonsense, she is an excellent poster and a great mind. She is not the only one calling out for posters at ctv to stay on topic. I have done so and so have many others. Every daily thread should not have to start out as "stay on topic, blah blah". Posters have been warned often enough by Coldwater and still they ignore those warnings.

(I stopped opening with poems because of the rubbish that goes on. After spending time working out something beautiful in dedication to Michelle to start a thread with, all the nonsense begins and really spoils it for me.)

The bottom line is, if people aren't going to listen that board will be shut down and posters will only have themselves to blame....not Coldwater....and that goes for other boards over there that are schmozzles too.

Sami

That's enough CTV talk for me...this is WebSleuths :)

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Lol.

Exactly. Those people are just people on a message board. It really doesn't matter who they are. If they rile you, they will continue to rile you whether intentional or unintentional as you wait for their next post or look for them in every poster who comes on board. Put them on ignore and it will serve you better in conserving your energy, allowing you to concentrate on what you want....Justice For Michelle.

Not everyone can agree all the time and there are some strong opinionated posters on every message board you find. Pages of 'you are so and so, IMO' is not going to get justice for Michelle.

FWIW, I have been posting with Bee Charmer for quite a while now, and when she's not being 'attacked' over silly nonsense, she is an excellent poster and a great mind. She is not the only one calling out for posters at ctv to stay on topic. I have done so and so have many others. Every daily thread should not have to start out as "stay on topic, blah blah". Posters have been warned often enough by Coldwater and still they ignore those warnings.

(I stopped opening with poems because of the rubbish that goes on. After spending time working out something beautiful in dedication to Michelle to start a thread with, all the nonsense begins and really spoils it for me.)

The bottom line is, if people aren't going to listen that board will be shut down and posters will only have themselves to blame....not Coldwater....and that goes for other boards over there that are schmozzles too.

Sami

That's enough CTV talk for me...this is WebSleuths :)

Your points are well taken Sami. There are several posters that I should just ignore and move on. Please understand I am not a 'seasoned' crime board sleuth like many of you . I am here for MY and will leave when this is finally over (thank the lord).

I can appreciate your fondness for Bee Charmer. I can only say from my point of view that she is "attacked" because she baits. She dislikes my so called "rumors" and takes every opportunity to slam me with her sarcastic barbs. Yes, I am a big boy, but I am just not used to CTV where you can be attacked for stating very credible local information that is helpful to 99% of the posters. This is not California and Scott Peterson. There are no fake "insiders" I have seen yet. The local Raleigh posters are few and far between. In fact, there are fewer and fewer every day. Why ? Because of the constant feeling of distrust and negative vibes received from many.

Wonder where these posters are ?...........They post very rarely now.

W/O local info , what can you grasp with no media coverage ?

Sorisista
Outsidethebox
Frenchbroad
sosad
gorealtors
Raleighresident

Ok. I'm off my soap box. I'm just tired of being attacked.

scandi
03-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Barney, looks like we should PM Outofthebox! Although I read an astute poster today who said in essence really nothing that poster said was reliable. He said JY called Meredith at 7:30am. Why would he do that when he knew she would be sleeping as she didn't have to be at work that day till 11 or 11:30. Can't remember right now what else we learned from him.

Thanks Barney for putting flowers on Michelle's grave. A really thoughtful thing for you to do. Scandi

Barney Fife
03-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi Barney, looks like we should PM Outofthebox! Although I read an astute poster today who said in essence really nothing that poster said was reliable. He said JY called Meredith at 7:30am. Why would he do that when he knew she would be sleeping as she didn't have to be at work that day till 11 or 11:30. Can't remember right now what else we learned from him.

Thanks Barney for putting flowers on Michelle's grave. A really thoughtful thing for you to do. Scandi

Hi Scandi !

I will say OTB has blurted out some things that were questionable. He is however, someone that does live in Greensboro NC and did in fact work with JY (prior to ChartOne). He does have some legit info.

The "by the end of the month" was really stupid. He received good info that LE was close, but you can't put by 3-31-07 on it.

jilly
03-31-2007, 11:27 PM

Hi Scandi!:) I had a thought (oh no!:D ) when I just read this - you know how things can just jump out at you.

Maybe jy called her specifically at that time because he was actually hoping for voice mail? No questions, no conversation, just say what he had to say, turn off his phone and just keep checking his vm for her to confirm that she would be going to the house.

scandi
04-01-2007, 03:29 AM
:D OMG Jilly, Now that thought 'twern't no April Fools Day joke, was it! :doh: Often I have thoughts come to me just like that! :D :D :D

Actually it does make a lot of sense. He didn't want to talk to anyone where he might have to give a response or an answer because he'd probably give himself away in a quick second!

We've got to think of some great
April
Fools
Day
Jokes

Bright and early in the morning.

Can you tell I'm watching SNL and guess I've caught the Fever. LOL

scandi
04-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi Scandi !

I will say OTB has blurted out some things that were questionable. He is however, someone that does live in Greensboro NC and did in fact work with JY (prior to ChartOne). He does have some legit info.

The "by the end of the month" was really stupid. He received good info that LE was close, but you can't put by 3-31-07 on it.

Oh Yes
Barney, Now I remember the other thing that poster said. It was that he had an affair with someone at work, right. Or he insinuated it.

I can't believe at CTV tonight they're having an ardent argument over whether JY and MM really had a sexual encdounter in that 3 month period. I bet OTB doesn't show his face again. I thought one poster was going to cry because he hasn't been arrested yet.

Bee Charmer
04-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Thank you very much Samiya for your kind words, I really do appreciate them I think your sensitive poems are very much missed on the opening threads over at ctv, I know I miss them.

For the record, I have never attacked barneyfife. All my posts are here for review as are barneyfife's. It is very apparent who enjoys lobbing nasty and derogatory personal remarks by reading the prior posts from yesterday, and all because of my opinion that he isn't credible.

:boohoo:

Barney Fife
04-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank you very much Samiya for your kind words, I really do appreciate them I think your sensitive poems are very much missed on the opening threads over at ctv, I know I miss them.

For the record, I have never attacked barneyfife. All my posts are here for review as are barneyfife's. It is very apparent who enjoys lobbing nasty and derogatory personal remarks by reading the prior posts from yesterday, and all because of my opinion that he isn't credible.

:boohoo:

I was talking about CTV and you know it. Correct, your posts are there for everyone to see. For the past 5 months, there are scores of sarcastic & mean spirited remarks directed at me and many of my friends. Since you do not find me credible, why don't you just return the favor and just scroll on by ? :silenced:

Bee Charmer
04-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I was talking about CTV and you know it. Correct, your posts are there for everyone to see. For the past 5 months, there are scores of sarcastic & mean spirited remarks directed at me and many of my friends. Since you do not find me credible, why don't you just return the favor and just scroll on by ? :silenced:

I am Regina.Lampert over on ctv and I do not indulge in
the kind of activity which you describe because that would get me
banned. You on the other hand have been banned several times for
the kind of remarks that you are making at WS.

close_enough
04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
this might come in handy ... lol, wanted to share..found it on another board...you can click on the "women's version" also;)

http://www.karmafarm.com/formletter.html

Utopia
04-01-2007, 03:38 PM
:D That is a riot Close - and very appropriate. If you are registered over at CTV you might want to post it over there too!

Utopia

this might come in handy ... lol, wanted to share..found it on another board...you can click on the "women's version" also;)

Barney Fife
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I am Regina.Lampert over on ctv and I do not indulge in
the kind of activity which you describe because that would get me
banned. You on the other hand have been banned several times for
the kind of remarks that you are making at WS.

:waitasec:

scandi
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
LOLO That ws a great find Close!

BarnGoddess
04-02-2007, 02:34 AM
I've been posting on WS since the beginning of Laci Peterson's disappearance. I am very interested in this case, but haven't posted much on it. I read every day and have begun to read at CTV's board on MY. I really hope the spats don't continue here. As far as I'm concerned, Barney Fife aka RPD at CTV is a respected poster here as of now. He's gone out of his way to enlighten all as to what he can find out from the authorities on the details of the autopsy and as far as I can see is concerned as a citizen as well as a poster. I have deep respect for his efforts.

I will say that I also believe that Jason killed his wife. Many things are making me lean toward him. Too many things at this time to think anyone else did it.

Bee, I know you from here and know you are Regina Lampert over there. I like you. However, I must say in all honesty, that you should ignore garbage over there, not comment on it. You seem to come accross as a person trying to keep people on topic, but it seems abrasive at times.

Just reading this "off topic" thread is making me feel the same way I do when I read over there. Edgy.

I can't figure out why someone like Mimi can get people banned, post with multiple hats and then posters like RPD who is banned under that hat is villified when he registers under a new hat. He has a voice that is not disruptive, but tries to inform. Unfortunately, with the good guys getting banned, it's becoming a wasteland of trivial nonsense.

I really don't want to stop reading here, so I, for one would appreciate it if we could continue to be the best forum for crime discussion on the internet.

Thanks for letting me say my piece.

Bee Charmer
04-02-2007, 06:35 AM
This is an opinion board BarnGoddess why wouldn't your
opinion be allowed? Same goes for court tv. I remind posters of the
rules and regs because I want that forum to remain open. Coldwater
doesn't have a problem with my reminding everyone of the rules and that's
all I care about.

Utopia
04-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I am a lurker over at CTV as well and have found it painful at times to read. I actually appreciate that members take responsibility to remind each other to stay on topic and get along. I guess it depends on how people take it and to be conscious of not being baited into arguments.

I was reading there last night and couldn't believe it, it was absolutely friendly with interesting discussion as a result. It seemed everyone was happy. They even did a "g'nite John Boy" thing at the end (very Waltons). The only thing I wish is that they would say goodnight to the lurkers as well!:(

jilly
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
This is an opinion board BarnGoddess why wouldn't your
opinion be allowed? Same goes for court tv. I remind posters of the
rules and regs because I want that forum to remain open. Coldwater
doesn't have a problem with my reminding everyone of the rules and that's
all I care about.

And how many times has that forum been shut down? Seems to me that your reminders are an effort in futility so I think one could assume there is some ulterior motive on your part.

I agree with BG. Plus, I don't think the purpose of this O/T thread was to carry over a dispute from another site and tattle on posters here. If you don't like a poster, then do what most of us do - put them on ignore?

Bee Charmer
04-02-2007, 11:36 AM
And how many times has that forum been shut down? Seems to me that your reminders are an effort in futility so I think one could assume there is some ulterior motive on your part.

I agree with BG. Plus, I don't think the purpose of this O/T thread was to carry over a dispute from another site and tattle on posters here. If you don't like a poster, then do what most of us do - put them on ignore?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

scandi
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I am a lurker over at CTV as well and have found it painful at times to read. I actually appreciate that members take responsibility to remind each other to stay on topic and get along. I guess it depends on how people take it and to be conscious of not being baited into arguments.

I was reading there last night and couldn't believe it, it was absolutely friendly with interesting discussion as a result. It seemed everyone was happy. They even did a "g'nite John Boy" thing at the end (very Waltons). The only thing I wish is that they would say goodnight to the lurkers as well!:(

It was a great day and evening, and even the poster that has been a bit crochetty before, the guy with a brain, did a complete turnaround and added pertinent thoughts to the conversation.

I have learned in posting tht you definately reap what you sow. The old gal just banned who I think must look a lot like Phyllis Diller LOL, I never had a problem with her really. But I never sniped at her either.

You should join Utopia. It is always great to post with WS'ers over there.

Where is Charlie? I haven't seen him lately and have been wondering if he is OK. Usually he stops in to say Hi or do a little post on a regular basis.

Scandi

Utopia
04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
It was a great day and evening, and even the poster that has been a bit crochetty before, the guy with a brain, did a complete turnaround and added pertinent thoughts to the conversation.

I have learned in posting tht you definately reap what you sow. The old gal just banned who I think must look a lot like Phyllis Diller LOL, I never had a problem with her really. But I never sniped at her either.

You should join Utopia. It is always great to post with WS'ers over there.

Where is Charlie? I haven't seen him lately and have been wondering if he is OK. Usually he stops in to say Hi or do a little post on a regular basis.

Scandi

Well you know Scandi, after last night I was temped...however, I had a little visit over there tonight and it seems last night was an aberration after all (...sigh). Aside from the fact that I just don't have the time to start getting involved in another board beyond occasional lurking, I don't think my skin is thick enough to cope with some of the more mean and sarcastic posters. Websleuths is much more my speed and temperament.

Perhaps the reemergence of Charlie will cheer them up - if he ever reemerges that is.:confused:

I'll be sure to look out for your posts over there though.

:blowkiss: Utopia

jilly
04-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Scandi

I've been wondering the same thing! He's our Rock!:dance:

raisincharlie
04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, it is nice to be back. Quess I should have left you all a note. I went to St. Pete for the Honda Grand Prix (confession - watching Danica race) !
This is one of my favorite events because it is a four day festival in the streets of St. Petersburg - non stop fun all day and down late in the evening. The City of St. Pete puts on a very very good event !

The racing was good this year, even though Ms. Patrick did not win, she drove very well and gave some of those boys a pretty difficult time finishing 8th. My man Helio finished 1st - yeah buddy ! Danica made some really nice passes on a course that has few areas to pass - she is smooth. I'm impressed as St. Pete is an incredible course, very technical and extremely demanding. Imagine driving a car with no power steering over 1.8 miles with 14 turns and concrete walls at speeds exceeding 100 mph for 100 laps. Tough tough course to say the least. It was awesome !

So, not much has changed yet on this case. i was hoping since I was away that everything would break - darn, wish it would and soon. This case needs resolution, Justice for Michelle and her baby boy.

raisincharlie
04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
:laugh:

Exactly what I need - :D Thanks Close !

close_enough
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM
:laugh:

Exactly what I need - :D Thanks Close !

hey buddy:)

i thought of you when i caught this video on another site...i know you watch videos here & there, so i'm curious what you'll think of this...it's a spoof/parady of the tune My Hump by the Black Eye Peas.....Alanis Morrissette does it GREAT, imo......check it out when you have the time:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g

close_enough
04-03-2007, 10:49 AM
LOLO That ws a great find Close!

glad you all enjoyed it :)
a very good friend of mine posted in on another board i visit sometimes...

raisincharlie
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
hey buddy:)

i thought of you when i caught this video on another site...i know you watch videos here & there, so i'm curious what you'll think of this...it's a spoof/parady of the tune My Hump by the Black Eye Peas.....Alanis Morrissette does it GREAT, imo......check it out when you have the time:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g

:D Quess she showed them who the boss is ! Funny !

raisincharlie
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Happy2bn10ec

The Lady Vols are going for the championship in just a littel under 2 hours - hope you are going to be watching to cheer them on. Heck of a game the other night against UNC ( sure glad the Vols won!).

There is an hour long special on ESPN before the game - dial it in !

GO TN Lady Vols !!!

RC

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Tennessee Lady Vols Championship #7

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7319/champsmo1.jpg

Congrats Coach Summit !!! :D

happy2bn10ec
04-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Tennessee Lady Vols Championship #7

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7319/champsmo1.jpg

Congrats Coach Summit !!! :D

Hey RC, I saw your post last night before the game even started and I appreciate you for reminding me...but I was too afraid of replying in fear that I would HEX them! It seems every time I watch an important game like this, that TN loses, so I wouldn't even hardly watch the game! I kept going back outside playing hide and seek with my son - in the dark and he was loving being scared out of his pants! - and sneaking in to catch the score! I knew as soon as I got on this message board and mentioned it, they would be OUT! So I kept it quiet for days! Anyway, it sure is
SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Especially after my brother called this weekend from Gainesville bragging that the Gators were playing OSU for the NC - he had forgotten about the LADY VOLS! He said "Everybody's going to end up HATING FL..."
I was like..."duh...they ALREADY do!"

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey RC, I saw your post last night before the game even started and I appreciate you for reminding me...but I was too afraid of replying in fear that I would HEX them! It seems every time I watch an important game like this, that TN loses, so I wouldn't even hardly watch the game! I kept going back outside playing hide and seek with my son - in the dark and he was loving being scared out of his pants! - and sneaking in to catch the score! I knew as soon as I got on this message board and mentioned it, they would be OUT! So I kept it quiet for days! Anyway, it sure is
SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Especially after my brother called this weekend from Gainesville bragging that the Gators were playing OSU for the NC - he had forgotten about the LADY VOLS! He said "Everybody's going to end up HATING FL..."
I was like..."duh...they ALREADY do!"

I know that feeling - the hex thing - I was that way in 2001 when the SMS Lady Bears (with Jackie Stiles) made their run through the NCAA tourney !
Unfortunately the hex panned out and SMS lost to Purdue in the Final Four- my boys were heartbroken as was this entire area.

After the whooping Tennessee gave UNC (loved every minute of that one) - I had no doubts they would beat Rutgers ! Watched the whole game and a fine game it was !

Brag on there in Tennessee - a great tourney by the Lady Vols and they showed - they are simply the best !

happy2bn10ec
04-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I know that feeling - the hex thing - I was that way in 2001 when the SMS Lady Bears (with Jackie Stiles) made their run through the NCAA tourney !
Unfortunately the hex panned out and SMS lost to Purdue in the Final Four- my boys were heartbroken as was this entire area.

After the whooping Tennessee gave UNC (loved every minute of that one) - I had no doubts they would beat Rutgers ! Watched the whole game and a fine game it was !

Brag on there in Tennessee - a great tourney by the Lady Vols and they showed - they are simply the best !

Thanks, rc. TN doesn't have the opportunity to brag on ANYTHING too often! Seems like the only time TN makes the national news is for something REAL embarassing!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks, rc. TN doesn't have the opportunity to brag on ANYTHING too often! Seems like the only time TN makes the national news is for something REAL embarassing!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Here now Happy ! Not true at all, so many beautiful places and things to do - the Blue Hole in Elizabeth, Cades Cove waterfall near Gatlinburg and the Craftsmen's Fair, Memphis BBQ and the Beale Street Music Festival, Nashville, the wonderful Tennessee walking horses, home of the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell and the most amazing sunrises in the Great Smokie Mountains - that'll take your breath away every time. Little black bears stealing your supplies and scaring the snot out of your horses - can't beat it !

Just keep Mr. Gore hidden :silenced: and all is perfect in Tennessee ! :D

BarnGoddess
04-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Here now Happy ! Not true at all, so many beautiful places and things to do - the Blue Hole in Elizabeth, Cades Cove waterfall near Gatlinburg and the Craftsmen's Fair, Memphis BBQ and the Beale Street Music Festival, Nashville, the wonderful Tennessee walking horses, home of the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell and the most amazing sunrises in the Great Smokie Mountains - that'll take your breath away every time. Little black bears stealing your supplies and scaring the snot out of your horses - can't beat it !

Thanks for the memories. It's been a long time since I was in Tennessee, but you're right. It's a beautiful state that has contributed its beauty, unique culture and its history to our nation. Don't ever be embarrassed about your state, happy2bn10ec.

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM

But....but... Mr Gore invented the internet! :cool:

happy2bn10ec
04-04-2007, 03:18 PM

OMG, Charlie - HOW is the world do you know about the Blue Hole??? I can WALK to the Blue Hole from my house!!! Have you been there???

I got married in Gatlinburg, been to Cades Cove many times, and Nashville is GREAT!

P.S. I KNOW there are MANY beautiful places here in TN - it's just the rest of the US thinks we are ALL backwoods rednecks.

And most of us are. But it's not always a BAD thing!

(But...Mr. WHO??? - I don't know anyone by that name!)

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 03:23 PM
:(

A momentous occasion like my first post and I talked about Gore. Can I have a do over? lol

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
:(

A momentous occasion like my first post and I talked about Gore. Can I have a do over? lol

"THUD"

Hello Snowshuze - glad you could make it !

happy2bn10ec
04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I guess what contributes to my embarassment was when the national news ran a story several years ago almost NON-STOP about this preacher and his family who "adopted" this girl and kept her as the family slave and sex slave to the preacher and his wife for years and years. The poor girl finally got the nerve and somehow escaped and it went to trial. It was all over tv for a couple of years, BUT they never mentioned the family was from somewhere up North and adopted the girl there and moved here years later. A PREACHER, no less!!!

Then, of course, there was the accidental shooting at the KKK rally a couple of summers ago right near here - that made national news, too!

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
OMG, Charlie - HOW is the world do you know about the Blue Hole??? I can WALK to the Blue Hole from my house!!! Have you been there???

I got married in Gatlinburg, been to Cades Cove many times, and Nashville is GREAT!

P.S. I KNOW there are MANY beautiful places here in TN - it's just the rest of the US thinks we are ALL backwoods rednecks.

And most of us are. But it's not always a BAD thing!

(But...Mr. WHO??? - I don't know anyone by that name!)

Some of my early life was spent at Ft. Campbell and have some extended family in Tn. Take several vaction trail rides in various places around Tennessee as it is one of the most calming and peaceful places I have found (love the Smokies). Been to the Blue Hole many times and froze many times but had to try it ! :D

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
"THUD"

Hello Snowshuze - glad you could make it !

Why, hello raisin, fancy meeting you here. :p

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Why, hello raisin, fancy meeting you here. :p

Sure beats Steal Your Dollar City ! Back at ya - :p

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Sure beats Steal Your Dollar City ! Back at ya - :p
Exactly how many times have they stole YOUR dollars? :laugh:

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Exactly how many times have they stole YOUR dollars? :laugh:

Can't tell you - I've run out of fingers and toes to count with :D
Actually I quite like it, at least during the off season, mostly fall and around Christmas - they sure know how to light things up ! My next forray however will be to the Titanic Museum.

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Can't tell you - I've run out of fingers and toes to count with :D
Actually I quite like it, at least during the off season, mostly fall and around Christmas - they sure know how to light things up ! My next forray however will be to the Titanic Museum.

Christmas is best time of year around here, isn't it?
I haven't been to the Titanic yet,I promised my grandson I would wait to go when he was here from Louisiana. Grammy keeps her word, lol.

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Christmas is best time of year around here, isn't it?
I haven't been to the Titanic yet,I promised my grandson I would wait to go when he was here from Louisiana. Grammy keeps her word, lol.

Christmas is definitely a good time in this neck of the woods and that area is pretty neat at that time. Very visual time of the year. Not sure when I'll go to the Titanic complex but will let you know how it is - I have heard it is pretty good. I'm sure I will find it entertaining given my curiosity concerning that particular ship. One reason I refuse to take a cruise...:p

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Today would be an excellent day to go to the Inspiration Tower. hehehe

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Today would be an excellent day to go to the Inspiration Tower. hehehe

I have never gone up in that puppy but it has to be an awesome view of the area and the lake I would think. One has to admit that that area is beautiful despite all the tourism that goes on and the city has gone the extra mile to return the lake to its beautiful blue color.

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I have never gone up in that puppy but it has to be an awesome view of the area and the lake I would think. One has to admit that that area is beautiful despite all the tourism that goes on and the city has gone the extra mile to return the lake to its beautiful blue color.
The Tower is the best thrill ride around on a windy day, lol.
Before it gets too hot and crowded you and the Mrs should ride over to check out The Landing. It's really lovely what they have done to that area down there. Hate it that there are so many condos going in though. Wasn't supposed to be ANY.

raisincharlie
04-04-2007, 04:28 PM
The Tower is the best thrill ride around on a windy day, lol.
Before it gets too hot and crowded you and the Mrs should ride over to check out The Landing. It's really lovely what they have done to that area down there. Hate it that there are so many condos going in though. Wasn't supposed to be ANY.

Been to the Landing and explored a few times - there is a very good Mexican restaurant there - yum ! I like the Landing. HCW is putting all those condos in and there is suppose to be a Starbucks going in north (used to be Akers & Arney) across from the new convention center down by the Scenic Railway Depot - buggars - but hey, at least the city limited the Hilton to just 12 stories!

snowshuze
04-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Been to the Landing and explored a few times - there is a very good Mexican restaurant there - yum ! I like the Landing. HCW is putting all those condos in and there is suppose to be a Starbucks going in north (used to be Akers & Arney) across from the new convention center down by the Scenic Railway Depot - buggars - but hey, at least the city limited the Hilton to just 12 stories!
There's something...well..incongruent about Starbucks and the Scenic railway,isn't there? lol
I don't even want to talk about the Hilton. :D

strach304
04-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Some of my early life was spent at Ft. Campbell and have some extended family in Tn. Take several vaction trail rides in various places around Tennessee as it is one of the most calming and peaceful places I have found (love the Smokies). Been to the Blue Hole many times and froze many times but had to try it ! :D

This one I can comment on since I've been there. Not in the winter though, I went in September. Very beautiful. I still prefer New York City for X-mas and New Year. Very different in Manhattan then than at any other time imo.

jilly
04-04-2007, 08:39 PM
This one I can comment on since I've been there. Not in the winter though, I went in September. Very beautiful. I still prefer New York City for X-mas and New Year. Very different in Manhattan then than at any other time imo.

I've never been to New York and I have always wanted to go at Christmas. Can't talk anyone here into it though!:crazy:

I had always dreamed of being in Hawaii for Christmas, sitting under a palm tree with a Mai Tai! Well, we did that one year & it was just so weird - I LOVE Christmas and I felt like I had been robbed. I'll never do that again!

How's your Dad Strach?

strach304
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
I convinced several friends and family to go to NY after going myself and they too loved it. :)

He's doing better, again that is. He did so well at first he was able to come home after six days but after his 3 week check up he was back in ICU. Spent 4 days there and he's back out again doing well. The real test is when he goes home to my mother since he's been at my sister's house. :crazy:

happy2bn10ec
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Speaking of enlightening news stories from my area, here's one for the books, right here in my hometown:
http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=43908

And charlie - did you go SKINNY-DIPPING at the Blue Hole?

When my husband was in high school and maybe got out and drank a few too many beers, he would stop by the Blue Hole before he went home and "sober up" by stripping off and standing under the waterfall a few minutes! I've got a few pictures of the waterfall froze solid - looks unreal.

jilly
04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I convinced several friends and family to go to NY after going myself and they too loved it. :)

He's doing better, again that is. He did so well at first he was able to come home after six days but after his 3 week check up he was back in ICU. Spent 4 days there and he's back out again doing well. The real test is when he goes home to my mother since he's been at my sister's house. :crazy:

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Too many times they let people out of the hospital too soon!

raisincharlie
04-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Speaking of enlightening news stories from my area, here's one for the books, right here in my hometown:
http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=43908

And charlie - did you go SKINNY-DIPPING at the Blue Hole?

When my husband was in high school and maybe got out and drank a few too many beers, he would stop by the Blue Hole before he went home and "sober up" by stripping off and standing under the waterfall a few minutes! I've got a few pictures of the waterfall froze solid - looks unreal.

No - no skinny dipping for me at that location. Your husband is wise - as cold as that water is I have no doubt it was very sobering ! Sure sobered me up and I don't drink but every now and then...:p

strach304
04-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Too many times they let people out of the hospital too soon!

We were all so happy he did so well throughout the whole thing. He's only had one other surgery in his life many years ago for his ear.

happy2bn10ec
04-06-2007, 08:54 PM
What's for Easter dinner, ya'll? I've been working on this spread:

ham
mashed potatoes
baked beans (my secret recipe from my mom)
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
mac and cheese (for the finicky grandkids)
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

We are all sitting here starving to death today smelling of what I have already been cooking and we aren't eating this until tomorrow night. I was going to have a big egg hunt for the kiddies, but it has been SNOWING this afternoon and is supposed to flurry tomorrow again. We also started baseball practice this weekend - it has been in the 80's for almost 2 weeks and it MIGHT have been in the low 30's this evening during practice at a ball field where the wind never quits blowing!

Hope you ALL have a blessed Easter and get a great, big chocolate Bunny! (solid, NOT hollow!)

happy2bn10ec
04-06-2007, 08:59 PM
No - no skinny dipping for me at that location. Your husband is wise - as cold as that water is I have no doubt it was very sobering ! Sure sobered me up and I don't drink but every now and then...:p

You know, I was thinking about this today - my husband doesn't drink much at all anymore. But I was wondering - if he got tired of the drinking...or was it freezing in that water???

:confused:

raisincharlie
04-06-2007, 10:49 PM

ham
mashed potatoes
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

We are all sitting here starving to death today smelling of what I have already been cooking and we aren't eating this until tomorrow night. I was going to have a big egg hunt for the kiddies, but it has been SNOWING this afternoon and is supposed to flurry tomorrow again. We also started baseball practice this weekend - it has been in the 80's for almost 2 weeks and it MIGHT have been in the low 30's this evening during practice at a ball field where the wind never quits blowing!

Hope you ALL have a blessed Easter and get a great, big chocolate Bunny! (solid, NOT hollow!)

Happy,

That sounds like a very fine meal, I'm sure the finicky grandkids will be very happy you went the extra mile for them ! Hoping you and yours have an excellent Easter Holiday filled with smiles, laughter and the joys of family!

Can I be a grandkid ? Sure do like home made banana pudding! :p

BarnGoddess
04-06-2007, 11:39 PM

ham
mashed potatoes
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

Well, I have a choice between Ham and Standing Rib Roast. The BarnGod decided tonight that the ham will do. I'll also do Paula Deen's Twice Baked Potato Casserole. Absolutely yummy. I'll also fix sugared baby carrots and spiced apples and a salad. Attached is the potato receipe for those of you who don't know Paula Deen:

http://www.lansinglowdown.com/index.php/article/483

I have fixed it before and it's the best ever.

I'll do them the night before and put them in the oven for the final stage on Sunday.

Way too cold here for Easter. The BarnGod is trying to put new fence in here, but we are going down near Colorado Springs to buy back our old horse, Chief. He's a 20 year old Belgin. We sold him 2 years ago to a couple who raises Clydesdales. They aren't using him and he's eating them out of house and home. We will take him back for half what they paid and use him to train the young horses. He's the laziest thing on earth. No one will run away with him under harness, LOL. Typical male, lets the "women" do all the work.

jilly
04-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Ohhhh BG - That potato recipe sounds yummy and I have copied it. Thank you! One question about mashing the potatoes (I'm not the greatest cook!) - do you use an electric mixer to mash?

I've got a lot of good recipes on this site over the years!

Had to laugh about Chief! I bet he'll be glad to be home though! hehe.

Just to add, I am not cooking for the first Easter in my life. Kids not around so hubby & I are going to a huge smorgasboard at a Club that we belong too.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

BarnGoddess
04-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Ohhhh BG - That potato recipe sounds yummy and I have copied it. Thank you! One question about mashing the potatoes (I'm not the greatest cook!) - do you use an electric mixer to mash?

I've got a lot of good recipes on this site over the years!

Had to laugh about Chief! I bet he'll be glad to be home though! hehe.

Just to add, I am not cooking for the first Easter in my life. Kids not around so hubby & I are going to a huge smorgasboard at a Club that we belong too.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

Jilly, Chief is back home, fat and sassy. Moved our two expecting mares into a different pen. With the cold front they may deliver any time. Low pressure near delivery time seems to get the job done. It never got above 22 degrees and snowing all the way, with freezing fog.

I have used a portable electric mixer and have also done it by hand. I've been searching for a potato ricer. I really want one of those. I just finished baking them, so I'll wait until the morning to peel and mash them and finish the dish. Ham is thawing out now. You won't be disappointed with the receipe. They are outstanding.

scandi
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Thank you Barn Goddess for the recipe! I've been meaning to buy the book and just never get around to it. Ocean says it is the best recipe as well!

raisincharlie
04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Thank you Barn Goddess for the recipe! I've been meaning to buy the book and just never get around to it. Ocean says it is the best recipe as well!

Scandi,

I have given my input to the dancing horse thread - just so you know. If you have more questions, I will try to explain.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

scandi
04-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Thanks Charlie, and you were masterful, by the way! I actually learned a lot, and know everyone was really enjoying the thread. I wonder why it is locked? Some poster came in there who was less than blunt about what he wanted to say, and maybe CW saw trouble ahead.

Scandi

raisincharlie
04-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks Charlie, and you were masterful, by the way! I actually learned a lot, and know everyone was really enjoying the thread. I wonder why it is locked? Some poster came in there who was less than blunt about what he wanted to say, and maybe CW saw trouble ahead.

Scandi

Glad to have helped out. I had hoped I was able to get some information out without it being too difficult. Not exactly an easy subject to discuss if people are not familiar with the technicalities. Simply put, K Salinero was technically superior to BH Martine and Anky is a far superior rider. BH Martine is signed up for the FEI World Cup competition in Las Vegas next week - April 18 through the 22nd. I do not know if any of this will be televised but will find out- some times they do air parts of it on one of the 40 Fox Sports channels. Will try to get you some video.

The next WEG is in 2010 and for the first time will be held outside of Europe - right here in the USA at Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington KY. If you run across a video of Anky with a horse called Bonfire - you will see a real treat - Bonfire was the cream of the crop in his day - the two were absolutely unbeatable.

Taximom
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm just posting my support of the people here that have stuck with this case, and consistently post using the facts that we know.

I hope justice is served soon. I can't understand how such an obvious case (to me) would be so difficult to prove in court after all this time.

jilly
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm just posting my support of the people here that have stuck with this case, and consistently post using the facts that we know.

I hope justice is served soon. I can't understand how such an obvious case (to me) would be so difficult to prove in court after all this time.

Hey Taxi!:) I hope justice is served soon too! One thing's for sure - at least they know who did it. It's just a matter of being able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a circumstantial case and harder to prove but I'm confident there will eventually be a charge.

It appears jy was very clever after the fact what with getting a lawyer & clamming up. He conveniently left 2 tidbits of info (the hotel & gas receipt) in his vehicle - hoping I guess that LE would accept that it couldn't be him. Well, it didn't work obviously and I think he made a few mistakes during that murder.

In the event he's never charged, then he has to deal with the Karma. If he thought that his life was bad when he was married, little does he know that he's in for a lifetime of grief. He's in a no win situation.

scandi
04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks Charlie and I would love to watch Martine compete if it is televised. Really I want to put her in a painting, as her total form and personality together would make a great painting. See there the fact that when she gets excited her tail keeps the beat with her ear only adds to her appeal. If I do a painting I'll have it scanned and send it to you, OK

Now This is O/T for sure, but I am so excited it is hard to type right now. :D Y'all remember D.B. Cooper? 36 years ago he hijacked a plane midway to Seattle and bailed from the plane close to Portland, and he and the loot were never recovered. Well, a bit of the loot washed up on the banks of the Mighty Columbia River later on to be factual.

Well, we have two guys, local Portlanders, who for the last 7 years have tried to solve the case. When our local channel put this on the news one night I called the station the next day and left a message for them to join WS - I always tell everyone I belong to a crime forum! LOL One of them did come, and we have a great thread here about their investigation on Up To The Minute.

This afternoon our poster found out that DB will be exposed publicly on the air with 3 daily segments. It isn't until May 15th which is when the station wants to do it.

But remember this when it hits the National News. One of our own here at
WS will be one of the two men who have exposed the dastardly criminal in the case of the only hijacking in US history that has not been solved.

I think that is really great news! Scandi

jilly
04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
This is awesome Scandi! I'm sorry I missed that thread! And you are the best sleuther! You've also got a lot of guts!:dance:

scandi
04-12-2007, 12:55 AM
This is awesome Scandi! I'm sorry I missed that thread! And you are the best sleuther! You've also got a lot of guts!:dance:

I didn't do any sleuthing on that :p But I sure did learn alot. We have a aposter here named Adnoid who knows almost everything about flying. She did help him. But the thread is still there.

It is a real coup they are planning to expose him, and he is a lifelong criminal - bank robber - so yes, it is really turning out to be a fascinating case. Now the legwork has been done will come the best part of letting the world know who he is. The FBI still has some sort of a warrant on his head even though the period for experation for the hijacking crime has expired.

The best may be yet to come! scandi

Taximom
04-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Scandi, that's so exciting!

I'll go look for the other thread-hopefully that's where updates will post!

raisincharlie
04-13-2007, 08:53 AM
It's almost May !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJh58ILFaM

scandi
04-14-2007, 04:14 PM
And don't forget Charlie, I believe May 5th is the running of the Kentucky Derby ;)

UPDATE: D B Cooper

I wanted to announce that our local WS'er has posted that our CBS affiliate in Portland will be running 3 spots on consecutive days on the exposing of D.B Cooper to the public. The first spot will be on May 15th.

I think it will hit the national news within the day, and it should be a boon for WS since one of the two men who investigated for 7 years to bring this case to exposing him, is one of our own here at Websleuths.

I hope they line up in FBI offices all over the country to see where 2 local :woohoo: private investigators have cracked this case when they were unable to do so. Here is a link to our thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44859 Scandi

raisincharlie
04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
And don't forget Charlie, I believe May 5th is the running of the Kentucky Derby ;)

UPDATE: D B Cooper

I wanted to announce that our local WS'er has posted that our CBS affiliate in Portland will be running 3 spots on consecutive days on the exposing of D.B Cooper to the public. The first spot will be on May 15th.

I think it will hit the national news within the day, and it should be a boon for WS since one of the two men who investigated for 7 years to bring this case to exposing him, is one of our own here at Websleuths.

I hope they line up in FBI offices all over the country to see where 2 local :woohoo: private investigators have cracked this case when they were unable to do so. Here is a link to our thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44859 Scandi

Awesome stuff Scandi !

By the way - I haven't watched a horse race since I left NY and the track in 2000. I came to detest the industry for its failure to protect these beautiful athletes. No watching for me...:(

raisincharlie
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Happy,

Glad to hear the dog is fine and the glass jug is gone. Your concern and efforts to assist are admirable. :blowkiss:

scandi
04-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Awesome stuff Scandi !

By the way - I haven't watched a horse race since I left NY and the track in 2000. I came to detest the industry for its failure to protect these beautiful athletes. No watching for me...:(

Yea, the gouging with heel in the side is not at all good. I did see the most adorable animal movie this weekend about a zebra who thought he was a racehorse. Of course he won the big race! I didn't catch the name of it as it had already started, but it was priceless for a show with taking animals. LOL And the gal that rode the zebra to victory didn't jab him once. All he needed to hear is that if the race was too hard and he had to stop, it was OK. It was all he needed to hear! Scandi

raisincharlie
04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Yea, the gouging with heel in the side is not at all good. I did see the most adorable animal movie this weekend about a zebra who thought he was a racehorse. Of course he won the big race! I didn't catch the name of it as it had already started, but it was priceless for a show with taking animals. LOL And the gal that rode the zebra to victory didn't jab him once. All he needed to hear is that if the race was too hard and he had to stop, it was OK. It was all he needed to hear! Scandi

I think the movie is "Racing Stripes" or something along that line. I have seen it as well - cute movie.;)

I wish the heel gouging was all there was to it, unfortunately, the abuse goes much further than that.

happy2bn10ec
04-17-2007, 03:47 PM
I think the movie is "Racing Stripes" or something along that line. I have seen it as well - cute movie.;)

I wish the heel gouging was all there was to it, unfortunately, the abuse goes much further than that.

I was reading something a while back about how they had cancelled some kind of TN Walking Horse show here in TN (duh...) last summer, I think. All the horses had had something done to their feet/ankles that affected their gait. I don't understand what it was but apparently it hurt the horses and was supposed to be illegal to do it. I am sure you know what I am talking about even if I don't! They could not find one single horse that had not had it done to them to be in the show. It just makes me sick to see animals mistreated - especially for THAT!

happy2bn10ec
04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Happy,

Glad to hear the dog is fine and the glass jug is gone. Your concern and efforts to assist are admirable. :blowkiss:

Thanks, rc, although I didn't do anything - just watched her suffer! Bless her heart - she has been through it and back! First, she was abandoned here in our neighborhood, had puppies ALONE on the creekbank, had her puppies stolen by me and an old fisherman and now walked around for a week with a jug on her head!

I bet she will be well-fed now - everyone around here is looking out for her! I just hope they don't leave the food in another container she can get stuck in again!!!

raisincharlie
04-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I was reading something a while back about how they had cancelled some kind of TN Walking Horse show here in TN (duh...) last summer, I think. All the horses had had something done to their feet/ankles that affected their gait. I don't understand what it was but apparently it hurt the horses and was supposed to be illegal to do it. I am sure you know what I am talking about even if I don't! They could not find one single horse that had not had it done to them to be in the show. It just makes me sick to see animals mistreated - especially for THAT!

Typically, they place dried mustard under the leather pads placed under the shoes. This burns the frog and it makes the horse elevate their feet, because it does hurt. It is done to make the horse exhibit the gate the judges give marks for. They have also been known to insert tacks in the leather pads.

happy2bn10ec
04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Typically, they place dried mustard under the leather pads placed under the shoes. This burns the frog and it makes the horse elevate their feet, because it does hurt. It is done to make the horse exhibit the gate the judges give marks for. They have also been known to insert tacks in the leather pads.

OUCH!!!

Seems like this was something where they "cut" or "clipped" a tendon? I can't remember - it's been a while since I read it and I just skimmed over it because it sounded so awful.

Samiya
04-19-2007, 07:44 AM
And now for something completely different, lol

Go to http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&z=5&ll=-25.335448,135.745076&spn=31.154942,45.834961&om=1

click on 'get directions'
type in New York in the 'from' box
type in London in the 'to' box
Click on get directions
scroll down to step 24 on the left hand side and read it.

That'll teach me for playing in google maps!

Sami

raisincharlie
04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
And now for something completely different, lol

Go to http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&z=5&ll=-25.335448,135.745076&spn=31.154942,45.834961&om=1

click on 'get directions'
type in New York in the 'from' box
type in London in the 'to' box
Click on get directions
scroll down to step 24 on the left hand side and read it.

That'll teach me for playing in google maps!

Sami

A little too much swiming for me ! Too funny - can't believe they actually put it quite that way !:p

DD -

Told you she was leaving them in her wake:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=249275

happy2bn10ec
04-19-2007, 01:17 PM
A little too much swiming for me ! Too funny - can't believe they actually put it quite that way !:p

DD -

I like the estimated time : 29 DAYS, 10 HOURS!!!
Now how did they come up with that?

BarnGoddess
04-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Happy2B, here is an article about this practice. It's called "soring".

http://www.equisearch.com/horses_care/health/lameness/soring_030706/

It's a horrible practice.

I just had the vet out yesterday about a lame horse that we thought was wire-cut. He's a 2 year-old Suffolk Draft Colt. We finally got him in to the corrals and after a bit got him caught, haltered and isolated him......gave him 20 cc's of Penicillin and called the vet. Bad cut just above his rear hoof. We had to put him in a shoeing stall and secure the leg with the device used for shoeing the rear feet of draft horses. The vet cut out more wire. He's now being doctored and getting more penicillin. We have to limit his movement for a while. I was amazed how calm he stayed during this painful process. Here we are taking care of a severe cut, when there are people out there who cause pain to win a show, instead of proper training. Also the judging standards need to be drastically changed.

DEPUTYDAWG
04-19-2007, 05:41 PM

DD -

RC!

I "rarely" come on this thread...so imagine my surprise to see the little "DD!" I guess I was feeling the pull ;) today.

Too cool re Danicaaaaaaa Patrickkkkkkkkkkkk........ah, the only one to break the 27 mark. You go, girl! :D

happy2bn10ec
04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Happy2B, here is an article about this practice. It's called "soring".

http://www.equisearch.com/horses_care/health/lameness/soring_030706/

It's a horrible practice.

I just had the vet out yesterday about a lame horse that we thought was wire-cut. He's a 2 year-old Suffolk Draft Colt. We finally got him in to the corrals and after a bit got him caught, haltered and isolated him......gave him 20 cc's of Penicillin and called the vet. Bad cut just above his rear hoof. We had to put him in a shoeing stall and secure the leg with the device used for shoeing the rear feet of draft horses. The vet cut out more wire. He's now being doctored and getting more penicillin. We have to limit his movement for a while. I was amazed how calm he stayed during this painful process. Here we are taking care of a severe cut, when there are people out there who cause pain to win a show, instead of proper training. Also the judging standards need to be drastically changed.

OMG, that is AWFUL!!! That IS what I had read about - I had it wrong about thinking they cut tendons. Don't know where I got that idea - maybe because it would have to be about as painful. Those people should be took out behind the barn and beat. Thanks for linking that article, although it hurt to read it. They just shouldn't show them at all if that's how they have to do it.

raisincharlie
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Shuze,

You really must go - this is overwhelming ! Especially if you have a fascination with this ship - if you don't have one when you enter, you will have one when you leave !

Check out the webcam - you can move it around- pretty neat !

http://www.titanicbranson.com/

I think I will return a few more times, incredible.:cool:

snowshuze
04-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Shuze,

You really must go - this is overwhelming ! Especially if you have a fascination with this ship - if you don't have one when you enter, you will have one when you leave !

Check out the webcam - you can move it around- pretty neat !

http://www.titanicbranson.com/

I think I will return a few more times, incredible.:cool:

Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like a great tour, and as soon as grandson gets here for his summer visit we will definitely head over there. I have always been riveted by that piece of history. :)

raisincharlie
04-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Anyone up for a new set of tires ?

http://www.pirellifilm.com/thefilm/viewTheFilmFullWMP.jsp?lang=null

Pirelli - I think I need some of these tires.

strach304
04-25-2007, 01:31 AM
I can't sleep, I feel so bad. This happened to my niece and nephews who are 7, 8, and 10 months old. This is the second time a close family member has been wiped out by fire. My brothers house burnt down several years ago, he had insurance whereas my niece doesn't.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-fireb0424,0,5389087.story?coll=bal-local-arundel

raisincharlie
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I can't sleep, I feel so bad. This happened to my niece and nephews who are 7, 8, and 10 months old. This is the second time a close family member has been wiped out by fire. My brothers house burnt down several years ago, he had insurance whereas my niece doesn't.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-fireb0424,0,5389087.story?coll=bal-local-arundel

Strach,

I am very sorry to hear this. Hopefully no one was injured and all are well. Things will work out. If there is some kind of fund raiser set up to help them out - please pm the information to me as soon as you can.

scandi
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Strach, I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. I hope they are OK amd that since they are now displaced they get all the help they need.

Scandi

jilly
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Very sorry to hear about this Strach. Please keep us informed. I hope they'll be ok!

strach304
04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My niece and the boys are all fine, it turned out to be electrical. There was a fire there two weeks before this one in an apt. across from hers that she didn't know about. She seems to be doing her share of trying to help others who were misplaced and lost everything with children as well.

Barney Fife
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I am going to meet with Cynthia Bobbitt at the Wake County Clerk of Court today. I will ask to see the returned warrants on the case. Hopefully the "mallet warrant" has been returned and I can buy a copy and post later.

DEPUTYDAWG
04-27-2007, 11:40 AM
I am going to meet with Cynthia Bobbitt at the Wake County Clerk of Court today. I will ask to see the returned warrants on the case. Hopefully the "mallet warrant" has been returned and I can buy a copy and post later.

Yay! That'll be good and give us an update as to what's done, etc.
(Psssst...go incognito, okay? :cool: )

scandi
04-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know about her Strach. She sounds like a really neat person to be concerned about the others and helping them when she has also been hit hard by this tragedy.

You Go Barney - Hey, you could wear some big Khaki pants and a button down shirt like Barney! Slick your hair back and keep those eyes always as wide open as you can. LOL

Seriously thanks for doing what you can.

jilly
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My niece and the boys are all fine, it turned out to be electrical. There was a fire there two weeks before this one in an apt. across from hers that she didn't know about. She seems to be doing her share of trying to help others who were misplaced and lost everything with children as well.

Ohhh my! Ironic how she was able to help others and now she is in need. I hope others will rally to help your niece and her family now. Did she have insurance?

strach304
04-30-2007, 02:50 AM
No insurance Jilly but I'm happy to report she has a new place to live. The apt. complex was able to get her into another 3 bedroom apt. the rent a center donated a living room set and a local lady bought her a new kitchen set. She'll be awhile getting stuff like her computer and the kids xbox 360 replaced but we're all very grateful that everyone is ok. :)

close_enough
05-01-2007, 07:09 AM
No insurance Jilly but I'm happy to report she has a new place to live. The apt. complex was able to get her into another 3 bedroom apt. the rent a center donated a living room set and a local lady bought her a new kitchen set. She'll be awhile getting stuff like her computer and the kids xbox 360 replaced but we're all very grateful that everyone is ok. :)

sorry to hear this has happened to family members of yours, but it brings a smile to my face when i read that folks DO come together in times of need....

jilly
05-02-2007, 08:55 PM
:HappyBday Barney! Hope you had a great day!!:dance:

jilly
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
:HappyBday Scandi!

Hope your day is as special as you are!!:blowkiss:

athy
05-03-2007, 12:34 PM
happy bday scandi, barney

raisincharlie
05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Scandi

:HappyBday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6cbM-h8xg

scandi
05-03-2007, 12:41 PM
[/B]

RC!

I "rarely" come on this thread...so imagine my surprise to see the little "DD!" I guess I was feeling the pull ;) today.

Too cool re Danicaaaaaaa Patrickkkkkkkkkkkk........ah, the only one to break the 27 mark. You go, girl! :D

Hi DAWGIE, Danica has hit the world by storm!~ I saw her interviewed last night on TV, and she is a real cool cucumber for sure.

Last week we had a family get-together, and all the men were talking among themselves when I suddenly heard her name mentioned. They were hard at it discussing her, and had to smile as I thought of Charlie, and visualized her teaching him to drive. Gosh, every one of these guys would have absolutely died to be in that position! YaYa Scandi

scandi
05-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh, I just saw your Birthday greetings :blushing: Thanks everyone. It's going to be a regular work day, but I feel like a new woman, ready to go out and greet the world.

xoxoxo Scandi :blowkiss:

raisincharlie
05-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi DAWGIE, Danica has hit the world by storm!~ I saw her interviewed last night on TV, and she is a real cool cucumber for sure.

Last week we had a family get-together, and all the men were talking among themselves when I suddenly heard her name mentioned. They were hard at it discussing her, and had to smile as I thought of Charlie, and visualized her teaching him to drive. Gosh, every one of these guys would have absolutely died to be in that position! YaYa Scandi

Here is something for you to share with your menfolk:

http://promo.motorola.com/motodanica/index.html

scandi
05-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Charlie, Your U-Tube video was adorable! Neato Thanks Sweetie.

strach304
05-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Happy Birthday to You's :angel:

Scandi :HappyBday

Barney :HappyBday

scandi
05-03-2007, 01:25 PM
OK, Now I'm serving cake :blowkiss: Looks delish to me!

http://www.andrealucich.com/adm/photo/7_birthday_cake_slice_web.jpg

raisincharlie
05-03-2007, 05:43 PM
In the event any of you folks are interested in the Indy 500,

160 hours of live video streaming from Indy this month, here is the schedule:

http://www.indycar.com/video/

Enjoy - I will.

spring
05-03-2007, 05:52 PM
hi all! i finally was able to sign up here.

i wanted to say :HappyBday to scandi!

hope u have a great day!

jilly
05-03-2007, 06:07 PM
hi all! i finally was able to sign up here.

i wanted to say :HappyBday to scandi!

hope u have a great day!

Hi Spring! Welcome!:dance:

jilly
05-03-2007, 06:08 PM

How very thoughtful of you! Thank you - it was delicious!

scandi
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Why Thanks Spring! I am so honored, as this is your first post at WS. I know you will enjoy it here, and Hey, You're a Web Sleuther now! ;)

Scandi

scandi
05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
How very thoughtful of you! Thank you - it was delicious!

:D :D :D

raisincharlie
05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Ladies,

It is your month to shine at Indy ! Cheer them on !

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070506/SPORTS0101/705060406/-1/LOCAL17

raisincharlie
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Scandi,

Nothing fancy, just functional:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/southarena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/silky.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/arena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/odarena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/sstable.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/nightfall.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/GinnyVinnie.jpg

scandi
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
What a lovely barn Charlie, or should I say stables and arena? Here I was imagining you in a huge gambril roofed barn from the 30's. I love the design, a quaint but yet modern home for your horses, attached to the ring where they practice their art.

The horse, Vinnie I think, he is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Look how he accepts the appreciation for his hard work. Have you done a video of him yet? I assume Vinnie is a stallion, right? ;)

Thank you Charlie for that. Scandi

ETA: It seems pretty much like Horse Heaven!

raisincharlie
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Numerology:

Put your money on the filly. Street Sense wore saddlecloth No. 7 in winning the 133rd Kentucky Derby last Saturday. Why should Danica Patrick care? Because her car will bear the same number in the 91st Indianapolis 500 on May 27. Again, why should she care? Because the winner of America's two greatest races have shared an identifying number in two of the past four years and eight times overall. Funny Cide begat fellow No. 6 Gil de Ferran in 2003 and Smarty Jones preceded fellow No. 15 Buddy Rice in 2004.

spring
05-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Numerology:

Put your money on the filly. Street Sense wore saddlecloth No. 7 in winning the 133rd Kentucky Derby last Saturday. Why should Danica Patrick care? Because her car will bear the same number in the 91st Indianapolis 500 on May 27. Again, why should she care? Because the winner of America's two greatest races have shared an identifying number in two of the past four years and eight times overall. Funny Cide begat fellow No. 6 Gil de Ferran in 2003 and Smarty Jones preceded fellow No. 15 Buddy Rice in 2004.
good luck to danica! i grew up in indianapolis!

raisincharlie
05-08-2007, 11:39 PM
good luck to danica! i grew up in indianapolis!

Here you go Spring - a reminder of what it is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ays_EYo6BY

Samiya
05-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Have to break in and post this because I nearly had to change my undies reading it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grand motherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"

She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."

The lawyer was st unned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him."

The defense attorney almost died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and in a very quiet voice, said.

"If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you to the electric chair."

Hugs
Sami

close_enough
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM

what a lovely piece of cake:)
....i sent you b-day wishes in the jury room, but wanted to add that i hope your day was wonderful....i have a b-day comin round soon too:D

oh & something off, off topic, lol....

got my total bill for my little hospital stay in April:eek:
$14,447.53....ER for about 3 hours, one night hospital stay, an arteriogram, bloodwork, & meds....the arteriogram alone was just a hair over $3,500.00!!!!...the cardiologist charged $1,900.00....
thank GAWD we have insurance....total out of pocket will be $1,100.00...one thousand being my deductible...because i was admitted from the ER to a room, it was covered 100%.....i tell what though, the cardiologist i had, isn't paid near enough, IMO...he was wonderful...all the nurses had said he was THE best, & i was lucky he was on call while i was there....anyone out there in TN, & needs a cardiologist, Kevin Rankin is top notch!!

ok, enough O/T....i've tried to catch up, so to speak, with this case, but i've come to the conclusion that there's been nothing new.......well, as far as LE goes....i really thought JY would have been arrested by now, but it seems he's going to get away with murder, literally.....i hope i'm wrong

close_enough
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Scandi,

Nothing fancy, just functional:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/southarena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/silky.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/arena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/odarena.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/sstable.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/nightfall.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/GinnyVinnie.jpg

oh how cool, RC!!....i absolutely love the picture titled "nightfall", & Vinnie is beautiful:)

a very cool set up you have there!..great pics

spring
05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
close enough,

i'm loving your tony stewart pic. he has to be due to win soon!!!

happy2bn10ec
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
what a lovely piece of cake:)
....i sent you b-day wishes in the jury room, but wanted to add that i hope your day was wonderful....i have a b-day comin round soon too:D

oh & something off, off topic, lol....

got my total bill for my little hospital stay in April:eek:
$14,447.53....ER for about 3 hours, one night hospital stay, an arteriogram, bloodwork, & meds....the arteriogram alone was just a hair over $3,500.00!!!!...the cardiologist charged $1,900.00....
thank GAWD we have insurance....total out of pocket will be $1,100.00...one thousand being my deductible...because i was admitted from the ER to a room, it was covered 100%.....i tell what though, the cardiologist i had, isn't paid near enough, IMO...he was wonderful...all the nurses had said he was THE best, & i was lucky he was on call while i was there....anyone out there in TN, & needs a cardiologist, Kevin Rankin is top notch!!

ok, enough O/T....i've tried to catch up, so to speak, with this case, but i've come to the conclusion that there's been nothing new.......well, as far as LE goes....i really thought JY would have been arrested by now, but it seems he's going to get away with murder, literally.....i hope i'm wrong

close, my bill for two days was over $30K, including the cardio, and tests that I had the next week. My ins. paid all but about $1500. I was in the hospital in April, too, two years ago - wonder if that means anything?

I guess we are paying the price of all those years of thinking we wouldn't get old, huh?

happy2bn10ec
05-10-2007, 11:03 AM
close enough,

If I was close, I'd change that pic!!!

(She knows I can't stand him!) ;)

close_enough
05-11-2007, 06:13 AM
close enough,

Tony's my man!!!!:D

close_enough
05-11-2007, 06:14 AM
If I was close, I'd change that pic!!!

(She knows I can't stand him!) ;)

LOL...gotta love "Smoke":p

athy
05-11-2007, 08:51 AM
says good morning to eveyone and passes out some cheesecake to everyone

scandi
05-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Thank you Close for the Birthday Wishes :blowkiss: I am just thankful you are A OK ;}

Scandi

DEPUTYDAWG
05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Thank you Close for the Birthday Wishes :blowkiss: I am just thankful you are A OK ;}

Scandi

Wait a minute, when was your birthday? Yesterday? :waitasec:
Happy Belated B/D wishes to you, whenever it was!
:woohoo:

scandi
05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Wait a minute, when was your birthday? Yesterday? :waitasec:
Happy Belated B/D wishes to you, whenever it was!
:woohoo:

Hi DAWGIE, It was May 3rd, and I had a wonderful B-Day here. Really nice. Now I'm 63 + 1 week + 1day :eek: LOLOLOL Thanks though. Thim, it just has its way of wending on down the way. That is the only good thing about time I can think of now, is Alan Parsons song 'Time'.

I'm wondering when the Indy 500 is? Scandi

DEPUTYDAWG
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi DAWGIE, It was May 3rd, and I had a wonderful B-Day here. Really nice. Now I'm 63 + 1 week + 1day :eek: LOLOLOL Thanks though. Thim, it just has its way of wending on down the way. That is the only good thing about time I can think of now, is Alan Parsons song 'Time'.

Well, dang, I'm waaaay late on the birthday wishes sent your way :slap: ...so I'll just send you double the amount of good wishes in order to get out of the dawgie house, k?

Isn't Indy usually Memorial Day weekend or ?
Bet RC will clear it up after his girl does her thang today, LOL :D

close_enough
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM

LOL...hi Scandi:)
....is the song "Time" that you're talking about...is it Pink Floyd or Alan Parsons Project?...i like both, AP & PF, but "Time" is my all-time fave Pink Floyd tune:cool:

LOL @"Now I'm 63 + 1 week + 1day"

scandi
05-11-2007, 05:11 PM
OMG, All this time I thought it was the AP Project! Something like 'Time is like a river, going to the sea, who knows when we shall be together, forever, but Time, flowing like a river, to the seaaaaaaa'. That is the one I love.

"Time, flowing like a river
Time, beckoning me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river
To the sea

Goodbye my love, Maybe for forever
Goodbye my love, The tide waits for me
Who knows when we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore

Goodbye my friends, Maybe forever
Goodbye my friends, The stars wait for me
Who knows where we shall meet again
If ever
But time
Keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea

Till it's gone forever
Gone forever
Gone forevermore"

close_enough
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
by george you're right!....the tune doesn't 'click' with me...maybe if i heard it.....cool, i like the lyrics:)

http://www.tremolocowboys.com/Lyrics_A/Alan_Parsons_Project_Lyrics/Time_Song_Lyrics.html

scandi
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I love all the tradition of the Indy 500, and wonder if both Florence Henderson and Jim Neighbors will sing this year? This year the announcer will definately say, "Ladies and gentlemenm, Start Your Engines"!

Yea, its great, and I'm glad Charlie will keep us in tune with whaz up this year. I hope all three gals qualify. That must be what they're doing now.

raisincharlie
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM

The Indy 500 is Sunday May 27th at Noon Eastern time - will be aired on ABC.

For the drivers - Indy is all month - there have already been 4 practice days - today being Fast Friday.

Tomorrow at Noon EST on ESPN 2 you can watch Pole Day Qualifying
3 pm - 6 pm EST on ABC - more of Pole Day Qualifying
6pm - 7pm EST on ESPN 2 - recap of Pole Day Qualifying
Fast 11 set during this event

Sunday at Noon EST - ESPN 2 day 2 of qualifying - 12 through 22 set during this event

So far "the girl" in practice:

Day 1 - 224.457 mph - 7th place
Day 2 - 223.476 mph - 9th place
Day 3 - 226.474 mph - 2nd place
Day 4 - 225.216 mph - 7th place

Sarah Fisher has run 19th, 17th, 13th, and 15th

Milka Duno has run 20, 23, 24, and 22 - Milka hit the wall today but walked away fine - she was running about 217 mph into turn 1.

raisincharlie
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, dang, I'm waaaay late on the birthday wishes sent your way :slap: ...so I'll just send you double the amount of good wishes in order to get out of the dawgie house, k?

Isn't Indy usually Memorial Day weekend or ?
Bet RC will clear it up after his girl does her thang today, LOL :D

My girl ? Shhhhhhh - don't tell anyone...:silenced:.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/Ms.jpg

Samiya
05-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Argh dang it...

I missed Scandi's birthday :(

Happy Birthday Scandi....

Much belated as I am.

Hugs
Sami

scandi
05-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Why Thanks Sami and DAWGIE too! If you have to get a year older, WS is a neato place to celebrate. YaYa ;}

strach304
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Wishing all the Moms here a Happy Mothers Day. :blowkiss:

May there be justice for Michelle and comfort for her Mom.

jilly
05-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Wishing all the Moms here a Happy Mothers Day. :blowkiss:

May there be justice for Michelle and comfort for her Mom.

Awwww, that's sweet of you Strach! I'll join you!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

My daughter is treating me to a movie! And today, I got a card from my son sent Express.:dance: This is a BIG deal because I've never had one on time from him before! (I haven't opened it yet!:p )

My thoughts and prayers will be with Linda Fisher, Sharon Rocha & every other mother who has lost a daughter or son!

DEPUTYDAWG
05-12-2007, 10:10 AM
My girl ? Shhhhhhh - don't tell anyone...:silenced:.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/Ms.jpg

That's probably wallpaper in your tack room, isn't it? :woohoo:

And sure, your "secret" is safe - just between us two, LMAO...

DEPUTYDAWG
05-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Why Thanks Sami and DAWGIE too! If you have to get a year older, WS is a neato place to celebrate. YaYa ;}

Cyber birthdays are kinda cool - but no cake! Then again, I'll eat a whole bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough in your honor...yum! (Don't lecture me about the raw eggs - my mother still does that:innocent: )

Okay, gotta ask - how'd the YaYa start? Assuming it's from the YaYa Sisterhood or sumpin'? Never saw the movie. What am I missing?

scandi
05-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I too have been thinking about all the brave mothers who have lost their daughters since I have been here in the last 4+ years. God bless them all. You can't begin to list them all, but I think Erin Runion exemplifies them as a whole for me.

Hi DAWGIE, I guess I got that habit of saying YaYa from my mother. lol Scandinavian ancestry might have something to do with it too, and whenever I say it there is more meaning than a simple 'yes'. It is more like, You bet 'cha! YaYa

Scandi

jilly
05-12-2007, 05:59 PM
SCANDI:blowkiss:

I hope you're feeling better today!! Are you on antibiotics?

scandi
05-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, you little Sweetie Pie! I will soon, as Love Mama told me to go get some Australian Tree Oil to rub on my tooth. I think that will help until I can get to the dentist on
Tuesday!

xoxoxo Scandi

BarnGoddess
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh, you little Sweetie Pie! I will soon, as Love Mama told me to go get some Australian Tree Oil to rub on my tooth. I think that will help until I can get to the dentist on
Tuesday!

xoxoxo Scandi

I have a beautiful palamino mare who had an adorable colt, but due to our harsh winter she looked like the very devil after she delivered. Skin and bones. We are getting her back in shape and were given a skin treatment with tea tree oil. I only got half a bottle, so now need to find something with tea tree oil. It really seems to be helping more than anything we have ever used for skin problems. I think there's shampoo out there with tea tree oil. I'm going to look for it and give her another bath with it. Scandi, can I buy the oil by itself?

jilly
05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I have a beautiful palamino mare who had an adorable colt, but due to our harsh winter she looked like the very devil after she delivered. Skin and bones. We are getting her back in shape and were given a skin treatment with tea tree oil. I only got half a bottle, so now need to find something with tea tree oil. It really seems to be helping more than anything we have ever used for skin problems. I think there's shampoo out there with tea tree oil. I'm going to look for it and give her another bath with it. Scandi, can I buy the oil by itself?

Hi BG! I know you can buy the oil by itself. I have some. Got it at a Health store. I just checked and you can get it on the internet for a lot cheaper than I paid.

jilly
05-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Tuesday!

xoxoxo Scandi

Oh Good! I hope it works. Don't know about the taste though!:crazy:

DEPUTYDAWG
05-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Tuesday!

xoxoxo Scandi

Scandi,
I'm also sending you get well wishes, as I think tooth aches and ear aches are just about the worst pain! Hugs to you...
DD

scandi
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks DAWGIE, Love_Mama swears by it, saying it is a wonderful natural healer. I found some at our natural food store where they sell wellness products. so will pick some up tonight.

Another thing I've learned lately that y'all might be interested in is the healing power of Vicks Vapo Rub. I got that fingernail fungus from wearing a pair of my past BF's shoes when I got a blister. It took about a year or so to show up and my doctor told me to rub Vicks on every nail daily for 3 mos.

I finally started doing it about a month ago, and it is simply amazing. The Vicks stops this fungus from robbing the nail of something - not sure what, but my nails are almost a third grown out now and they look perfectly normal. It really works! Also, because of the Vicks my hair has started growing like crazy. Isn't that funny? So many have this fungus, and the meds they give for it is very hard on the liver. Vicks is a bit stinky, but well worth the trouble to have beautiful nails and healthy hair again!

Scandi

BarnGoddess
05-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Scandi, I too have had fungus in both my big toes. Question: do I need to remove my nail polish to try this? I did go on Lamisil? I think several years ago. I took a pill a day for 30 days and it didn't do a thing for me. My dad had these thick toenails and said it was "jungle rot" from his WWII time in the Burmese jungle. I even lost one toenail and it came back just as thick as before. It's just my two big toenails, but I sure would like to get rid of the thick nails on them. It's getting warm and I have tons of sandals ready for wearing. Help !

Samiya
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Tuesday!

xoxoxo Scandi

Dahling.....

If you can handle the taste of Tea Tree Oil in your mouth, I'll personally make you an honourary Aussie!

Gals & Guys

You should be able to find Tea Tree oil on eBay.

as an added interesting fact: Tea Tree oil KILLS HEAD LICE! If you have or know anyone who has kids at school. One 250ml bottle in a 1 litre bottle of cheap WHITE conditioner makes a great treatment and detangles at the same time.

We use the stuff on man, woman and beast over here....including fungal infections. Do NOT use for vaginal thrush or open sores or cuts at it will sting like all get out.

For teeth, chewing Cloves helps too, doesn't taste as disgusting but still yukky enough to make me screw my face up in disgust :)

Sami

scandi
05-13-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm honourary tonight, Sami!;) I bought a half fluid ounce of 100% Austrailian Tee Tree Oil at the Natural food store where I buy my veggies and meat. 2 drops laid over my bad tooth and I'm ready for the cure! LOL I have yet to eat dinner, but that's OK, as I will keep my tooth ensconsed in this oil until Tues. I am anxious to see if it will make a difference, but LoveMama told me she would have an abcessed tooth too if it weren't for the oil.

As far as the Vicks therapy, BarnGoddess, I told my hairdresser about this, because suddenly my hair has taken on a great spurt of growth. She said anything with eucalyptus or camphor in it has been used for centuries as a cure all for myriads of things in the Orient.

What it does take is dedication so that you don't miss an application. There's the rub in using this to get rid of a fungus. My little 5th toenails were very hard to cut with a regular toenail clipper before I started using Vicks. After 1 month they have already grown out and I can trim them the normal way now. Can you believe it?

I feel confident BG that if you apply this faithfully to your toenails every night before going to bed you will start to notice a big difference as your nail grows out. I don't think this is heredity, but a propensity for us to accept this fungus is present in our bodies.

I bet if we took a poll we would be amazed at how many people actually have this problem! LOL YaYa

jilly
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Gotta jump in here about the toe fungus. I got it in one BIG toe BG.

I'm blaming mine on a pedicure I had at a place where they probably didn't steralize their instruments properly.

I bought everything over the counter at the pharmacy & resorted to the internet and did read about Vicks Scandi. I even went to the Doctor & he wouldn't even consider giving me a prescription for that liver damaging stuff.

I ended up back at my Health Store and they recommended Oil of Oregano. IT WORKED IN 6 WEEKS!!! GONE!!! The little bottle has a dropper in it and I applied the oil to my toe (nail) and did my best to jam to end of the dropper down my toe (nail). Pretty much saturated the area.

That is so interesting about Vicks & hair. Scandi - How exactly do you apply it? In your conditioner? Or did it work by treating your toes?:confused:

BG I did remove the polish.

spring
05-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Gotta jump in here about the toe fungus. I got it in one BIG toe BG.

I'm blaming mine on a pedicure I had at a place where they probably didn't steralize their instruments properly.

I bought everything over the counter at the pharmacy & resorted to the internet and did read about Vicks Scandi. I even went to the Doctor & he wouldn't even consider giving me a prescription for that liver damaging stuff.

I ended up back at my Health Store and they recommended Oil of Oregano. IT WORKED IN 6 WEEKS!!! GONE!!! The little bottle has a dropper in it and I applied the oil to my toe and did my best to jam to end of the dropper down my toe. Pretty much saturated the area.

That is so interesting about Vicks & hair. Scandi - How exactly do you apply it? In your conditioner? Or did it work by treating your toes?:confused:

BG I did remove the polish.
i am so glad u asked about that jilly! i didn't want to sound like an idiot if it was obivous! lol i want to know what will make my hair grow!!

also, i had it on my big toe. i used a tea tree oil that looked like clear nail polish, same type of bottle. like u, i got it in every area i could. darn if i didn't get some kinda infection that inflamed my entire toe! i had to take antibiotics for that and it was painful. my toenail came off not too long after that and it is almost all the way grown out again. i would gladly used vicks next time if it happens tho. i love the eucalyptus smell!

jilly
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
i am so glad u asked about that jilly! i didn't want to sound like an idiot if it was obivous! lol i want to know what will make my hair grow!!

also, i had it on my big toe. i used a tea tree oil that looked like clear nail polish, same type of bottle. like u, i got it in every area i could. darn if i didn't get some kinda infection that inflamed my entire toe! i had to take antibiotics for that and it was painful. my toenail came off not too long after that and it is almost all the way grown out again. i would gladly used vicks next time if it happens tho. i love the eucalyptus smell!

LOL - I had the same feeling when I was asking about the vicks - but I figured go for it because I really would like to know! haha.

I love eucalyptus too. I used to belong to a spa that had a eucalyptus room with the stuff piped in. Great place to go when you had a cold. I've improvised since then though with a wide bowl of boiling water and a couple of drops of E in it. Put a towel over your head and bend over the bowel. Clears your sinuses right out!:dance:

Strange how you got that infection in your entire toe and losing the nail!:eek: I can only imagine the pain! I'm glad to know it's grown back.

scandi
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Mornin' girls, I was kind of leery talking about this simply7 awful fungus here, but am sure glad I broached the subject. LOL Before I started my treatment, every time I saqw thqat Lamasil commercial with the ungodly little bugs crawling under those toenails I wanted to hide!

The sudden growth of my hair was a simple byproduct of using Vicks. I bought the smallest little pot of Vicks, just for my nails. $3.99 I think. I use my third finger and start with the big toe and kind of rub it into the cuticle and at the tip of my toes, applying a bit under the nail, and work down each toe, doing the same thing for all 10 toes. Then I sparingly rub it into the cuticle area of each fingernail.

I don't remove my polish. The old nail which is diseased by the fungus has to grow out. You're not going to change that nail, but rather want any new nail growing out to be free of the fungus. The nail grows from the cuticle out. And the Vicks stops the fungus from robbing the nail of something that is inherit to it - don't remember what that is.

Hair is made of the same stuff as are nails, and that is why I think getting rid of the fungus starts healthy hair growing back. I don't really know. But I think once that Vicks is in one's system, it works continually on this problem. If you have it to where you can see it in your big toenail, it is most likely in your other nails too, just not as noticable. On my fingernails I would get tiny bubbles or ridges across the nail. Now with them over 1/3 grown out, the new nail is perfect. Neato!

jilly
05-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Hair is made of the same stuff as are nails, and that is why I think getting rid of the fungus starts healthy hair growing back. I don't really know. But I think once that Vicks is in one's system, it works continually on this problem. If you have it to where you can see it in your big toenail, it is most likely in your other nails too, just not as noticable. On my fingernails I would get tiny bubbles or ridges across the nail. Now with them over 1/3 grown out, the new nail is perfect. Neato!

Good to know you don't have to remove your polish!!

Soooooo, you're saying because of the Vicks treatment to your nails, your hair grew better? I'm glad I asked!!:crazy:

I'm going to start treating all my nails with Vicks today. Thanks Scandi!

Schmerty_Jones
05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Good to know you don't have to remove your polish!!

Soooooo, you're saying because of the Vicks treatment to your nails, your hair grew better? I'm glad I asked!!:crazy:

I'm going to start treating all my nails with Vicks today. Thanks Scandi!

Me Too!! What a great topic & what a helpful bunch of WS'ers we are!!!!!:blowkiss:

DEPUTYDAWG
05-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, since we're all grossing each other out talking about fungus, geez!
Yep, chalk me up for one who got it in my big toe last fall. My SO, who is a firefighter, said they've actually discussed this in training, LOL! He also advised that people he's known who have used that Lamisil or whatever it's called, also advised NOT to take it. I think if you read up on it, they recommend liver tests every 6 months or something similar after taking it. I figure if it's that bad, I don't want to take it unless all else fails.

So, for 3 months straight, I did the: 1) soak toe is plain white vinegar (several people suggested that) and 2) coat it with Vick's and then sleep with a sock on to cover it up without getting the sheets all icky. Yes, I was lovely to be around, between the smell of vinegar and Vicks, :razz:

I did it faithfully for those 3 months, and would say I did see improvement. Then I went on Christmas vacation in CA for a week, got off track...and haven't started it up again. Guess I should.

P.S. BG, I also wondered if it'd make a difference whether I had polish on or not. I hated the look without it on, so I kept it on. And certainly now, wearing sandles, I have it on. But if I'm doing this treatment next winter, etc. I think I'll take the polish off....

DEPUTYDAWG
05-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Me Too!! What a great topic & what a helpful bunch of WS'ers we are!!!!!:blowkiss:

Kinda gross, kinda funny, kinda educational...all at the same time! :woohoo:

jilly
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Yes we are!:blowkiss:

jilly
05-13-2007, 05:44 PM
OK....I just Vixed all my nails and my male cat is all over me like a horney Tom Cat!:eek: What the heck is in this stuff?:D He doesn't even like catnip but this is certainly doing it for him! haha!

I'll have to do it before bed and close the bedroom door! LOL

spring
05-13-2007, 05:59 PM
OK....I just Vixed all my nails and my male cat is all over me like a horney Tom Cat!:eek: What the heck is in this stuff?:D He doesn't even like catnip but this is certainly doing it for him! haha!

I'll have to do it before bed and close the bedroom door! LOL

hahahaha i can just see the cat doing that! that is hilarious!!

scandi
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
How Funny Jilly!

I think I got mine when I wore that cool pair of patent tennies once and they were a bit too tight and I got a blister on the top of my third toe thast broke. Evidently the fungus was alive in that shoe and went into my bloodstream.

I let it go for about a year and it started to become noticible. Thickened nails. After the Dr telling me about Vicks, I still waited another 6 mos or so till I noticed one day on my left big toe the nail was raising up at its cut edge and I could see something under it that looked spongy. Visions of those nasty little critters I'd seen on TV raced through mjy head and I consigned myself right then to fix it! I started that night with an old bottle of Vicks in my medecine chest, and used that until it ran out. It must not lose it's healing properties.

Today that big toenail is looking quite normal at the cut edge. It has a ways to grow out yet, but I can't see any spongyness underneath it anymore. I keep that nail trimmed short and always put extra Vicks under the edge there.

What a deal, huh!

PS: I only wear sandals now till I am healed up. I think if this fungus does live inside a shoe like a tennis shoe where the foot sweats and can be moist, those little guys have plenty to munch on! Can you imagine doing this for 3 mos, putting a pair of old tennis back on and getting it all over again!~ Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;}

jilly
05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
hahahaha i can just see the cat doing that! that is hilarious!!

He does the same for any linament like Deep Heat, Bleach & Olive oil, lol. Must be something wrong with him! haha.

spring
05-13-2007, 08:01 PM
hubby called me from the drug store just a little bit ago and asked if i needed anything. he picked me up some vicks :D

it's really a good thing you asked, jilly, i would have been slathering it on my head! haha

raisincharlie
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Interesting conversation...:p

http://web.mac.com/allanbrewer/ILiketheWayYouMove/

sweetmop
05-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Interesting conversation...:p

http://web.mac.com/allanbrewer/ILiketheWayYouMove/ Wow! so cool Charlie! Loved it! Thanks! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance::clap: :dance: :clap:

jilly
05-15-2007, 03:40 PM
:HappyBday HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLOSE_ENOUGH!!!!!

May your day be as special as you are!!!!!:blowkiss:

raisincharlie
05-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Happy Birthday Close !!!:) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZhFmnNKffA

raisincharlie
05-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Wow! so cool Charlie! Loved it! Thanks! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance::clap: :dance: :clap:

Alright - another IRL Fan - !!!

Love the sound of those cars -

raisincharlie
05-15-2007, 10:15 PM
That's probably wallpaper in your tack room, isn't it? :woohoo:

And sure, your "secret" is safe - just between us two, LMAO...

NO, no wall paper in the tack room - I can prove it - I'm still alive !:D
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/DanicaIndy.jpg

No secret either, I love those fast cars..........ooopppps wrong picture

j2mirish
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Happy Birthday Close !!!:) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZhFmnNKffA

that was really cute RC

scandi
05-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Close, You dear, dear friend, gigantic of heart and never cease to amaze us with your spirit, Happy Birthday :HappyBday to you. :blowkiss:

You always kick it up to the perfect notch, Close. Luv ya Scandi

DEPUTYDAWG
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
NO, no wall paper in the tack room - I can prove it - I'm still alive !:D
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/DanicaIndy.jpg

No secret either, I love those fast cars..........ooopppps wrong picture

Oooooops, wrong picture?!?!?! :snooty: I think not!

Okay, maybe not wall paper; how about life-size posters??? :angel:

raisincharlie
05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Oooooops, wrong picture?!?!?! :snooty: I think not!

Okay, maybe not wall paper; how about life-size posters??? :angel:

Yea, there is one life size poster, it's in T's room. I want to make sure she has proper role models to keep her focused on her racing career.:blushing:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/T-wagonrrr.jpg

DEPUTYDAWG
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea, there is one life size poster, it's in T's room. I want to make sure she has proper role models to keep her focused on her racing career.:blushing:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/T-wagonrrr.jpg

And T is how old? Did you start this subliminal thing on day #1? :laugh:

That is absolutely priceless!

P.S. I just knew there was a life size poster :D

raisincharlie
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
And T is how old? Did you start this subliminal thing on day #1? :laugh:

That is absolutely priceless!

P.S. I just knew there was a life size poster :D

Absolutely from day 1 ! T is 3 1/2 but is learning...the wagon is essential as my SO nixed the go kart for a while - the little one has a need for speed !:D Future open wheel star - maybe even F1 - they ought to be over their male chauvinism in the next decade...maybe. ;)

scandi
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Charlie, Is that you in the poster walking behind her? LOLOLOLOLOL And I think the wagon is perfect for your little girlie and know she is so fortunate to be with you and your wonderful family. I hope she grows up to be a great rider of a special dancing horse! Can't you see her all grown up riding a horse like Vinnie? Scandi

raisincharlie
05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey Charlie, Is that you in the poster walking behind her? LOLOLOLOLOL And I think the wagon is perfect for your little girlie and know she is so fortunate to be with you and your wonderful family. I hope she grows up to be a great rider of a special dancing horse! Can't you see her all grown up riding a horse like Vinnie? Scandi

Scandi,

No - horses are too dangerous - they think, and they exercise their right to think, not always logically I might add... :D And no, that is not me in that photo - you are the only WS'er who has seen a photo of me, that does not even remotely ressemble me - you are picking on me Scandi, I'm just a little feller.:crazy:

snowshuze
05-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Hmmm....this might be interesting...a 3 1/2 yr old DP in the making. Keep us posted, raisin. :D

scandi
05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
I think it is more like having fun with you Charlie, than pickin' on you! It was just kind of perfect as it looked like this guy was right in her footsteps! lol

Hey, I just learned thqat Raleigh NC is the home of Burts Bees products! They have recently made a big splash on the West Coast, and I love them all.

And you know Charlie, in the long run she will end up doing just what she feels she needs to do. I think I'd rather see my grandaughter in a Dressage competition than running in the Indy 500!

PAX Scandi

raisincharlie
05-19-2007, 08:57 AM
I think it is more like having fun with you Charlie, than pickin' on you! It was just kind of perfect as it looked like this guy was right in her footsteps! lol

Hey, I just learned thqat Raleigh NC is the home of Burts Bees products! They have recently made a big splash on the West Coast, and I love them all.

And you know Charlie, in the long run she will end up doing just what she feels she needs to do. I think I'd rather see my grandaughter in a Dressage competition than running in the Indy 500!

PAX Scandi

I know you were teasing me Scandi - :D ! I like teasing you ;)

Does Burt's Bees sell bees wax ? Bees wax is the best for protecting saddlery and tack. Honest.

T will indeed end up doing what she wants and the truth be told - I'd rather see her in F1 running at Monoco ! Right now she sure likes the Indy cars though...and that is not exactly all my fault. :laugh: The teasing kind of backfired on someone ! I'm still grinning over that one.:D

scandi
05-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi ya Charlie, Tell me about Vinnie. He is drop dead gorgeous, looks very sensitive minded. Today I watched the Preakness and the 'gal reporter' in the field was great and sitting on a horse. LOL It was perfect I thought for what she was doing, but I noticed her horses mein was somehow fancied up by white beads or maybe it was ribbons tied at intervals like I have done when making a special knotted fringe on a coat.

I noticed the beautiful braiding on Vinnies mein, and wonder why they do it sometimes, sometimes not. Scandi

Bee Charmer
05-20-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi Scandi and Charlie. Wow, what a race at Pimlico
yesterday and the best part, no horse or jockey injured!! :clap:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-05/29916319.jpg

Bee Charmer
05-20-2007, 08:39 AM
.....and Barbaro was remembered:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/horseracing/preakness/bal-sp.barbaro20may20,0,7606015.story?

raisincharlie
05-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Scandi and Charlie. Wow, what a race at Pimlico
yesterday and the best part, no horse or jockey injured!! :clap:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-05/29916319.jpg

No horses hurt, no jockey's hurt - it was indeed a good day - except Street Sense didn't win!

You doing okay Ms. Bee Charmer - hope so !

raisincharlie
05-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi ya Charlie, Tell me about Vinnie. He is drop dead gorgeous, looks very sensitive minded. Today I watched the Preakness and the 'gal reporter' in the field was great and sitting on a horse. LOL It was perfect I thought for what she was doing, but I noticed her horses mein was somehow fancied up by white beads or maybe it was ribbons tied at intervals like I have done when making a special knotted fringe on a coat.

I noticed the beautiful braiding on Vinnies mein, and wonder why they do it sometimes, sometimes not. Scandi

Scandi,

Vinnie is a Hanoverian gelding last shown in 2005. He is owned by a young lady from Riverside California who rides dressage and trains riders as well. Vinnie is not his real name by the way. He is indeed a gentle horse with a very good mind - very tractable - great personality. Easy keeper and friendly, but not entirely a great mover. His career was mostly through the mid to upper levels and some freestyle, but freestyle (such as you saw with Blue Hors) was not his strong suit.

The braiding is required in all shows that are judged for points. The reason is to show the "frame" of the horse-you've heard me speak of that often but it is a necessary element. Remember the root foundation of dressage, the mane is not essential and is actually a detriment. The mane if left down would hide the confirmation of the neck line - most are cropped short as are most race horses' manes - distraction being the primary reason.

Bee Charmer
05-20-2007, 10:39 AM
No horses hurt, no jockey's hurt - it was indeed a good day - except Street Sense didn't win!

You doing okay Ms. Bee Charmer - hope so !
I'm just fine RC, hope you are too!! Once
again, thank you so much for all your very interesting
information about horses.

I think SS had it in him to go all the way, unfortunately
his jockey became a tad too cocky, imo. :)

scandi
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi Bee Charmer and Charlie, That is so interesting about manes taking away from seeing what is important in the competition. It looks quite involved, like it would take some time to do. I remember we all thought the Grey hors was keeping beat with his long beautiful tail and you said that was a detriment.

BTW, you know I am sure that in an earlier race yesterday at Pemlico a horse broke his leg during the race and had to be put down. So sad as I bet he was in awful pain. How would they take him off the track Charlie, as this was in the middle of a race. I wonder if he was able to get up and walk off the track - would be a long walk with a broken leg!

xoxox A Happy Sunday to you both ;} Sandi

raisincharlie
05-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi Bee Charmer and Charlie, That is so interesting about manes taking away from seeing what is important in the competition. It looks quite involved, like it would take some time to do. I remember we all thought the Grey hors was keeping beat with his long beautiful tail and you said that was a detriment.

BTW, you know I am sure that in an earlier race yesterday at Pemlico a horse broke his leg during the race and had to be put down. So sad as I bet he was in awful pain. How would they take him off the track Charlie, as this was in the middle of a race. I wonder if he was able to get up and walk off the track - would be a long walk with a broken leg!

xoxox A Happy Sunday to you both ;} Sandi

Scandi,

They have horse"ambulances" at the tracks - they would first immobilize the leg with an inflatable cast and then load them in the trailer to remove them from the track back to the veterinary services area. They would most likely xray first before determining the course of action, a fracture in some bones can be dealt with but most often this is not the case.

strach304
05-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Do they still shoot them for a broken leg? :( No don't tell me, I'd rather think otherwise.

On a lighter note has anyone seen Spiderman 3 and Shrek 3? I've went to both, but am really on the edge of my seat to see Pirates/Johnny Depp. :D

scandi
05-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Do they still shoot them for a broken leg? :( No don't tell me, I'd rather think otherwise.

On a lighter note has anyone seen Spiderman 3 and Shrek 3? I've went to both, but am really on the edge of my seat to see Pirates/Johnny Depp. :D

I'm death to see Pirates, as I fell into totally mad divine devotion of him in #2. I did hear that
Spiderman is absolutely GREAT! LOL ;} Scandi

jilly
05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm death to see Pirates, as I fell into totally mad divine devotion of him in #2. I did hear that
Spiderman is absolutely GREAT! LOL ;} Scandi

I haven't seen either of them but I must rent the last Pirates. A friend's son (known him since birth) has a model girlfriend who has movie casting contacts. Long story short he is one of the poker playing pirates with Depp.

Never had an acting lesson in his life and he gets the part! Lived it up in the Caribbean for about 6 months!

sweetmop
05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I haven't seen either of them but I must rent the last Pirates. A friend's son (known him since birth) has a model girlfriend who has movie casting contacts. Long story short he is one of the poker playing pirates with Depp.

Never had an acting lesson in his life and he gets the part! Lived it up in the Caribbean for about 6 months! Wow, how much fun is that? bet he had a blast. Thanks for sharing, jilly. I love the Pirate movies. Look forward to this newest one. plus I love any thing Johnny Depp's in... great actor!

BarnGoddess
05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Scandi,

Vinnie is a Hanoverian gelding last shown in 2005. He is owned by a young lady from Riverside California who rides dressage and trains riders as well. Vinnie is not his real name by the way. He is indeed a gentle horse with a very good mind - very tractable - great personality. Easy keeper and friendly, but not entirely a great mover. His career was mostly through the mid to upper levels and some freestyle, but freestyle (such as you saw with Blue Hors) was not his strong suit.

The braiding is required in all shows that are judged for points. The reason is to show the "frame" of the horse-you've heard me speak of that often but it is a necessary element. Remember the root foundation of dressage, the mane is not essential and is actually a detriment. The mane if left down would hide the confirmation of the neck line - most are cropped short as are most race horses' manes - distraction being the primary reason.
Caught a bit of the Nationals at Las Vegas on either Saturday or Sunday, can't remember which. I love freestyle dressage. They didn't show that much dressage, but the finals of Grand Prix Jumping.

Charlie, I thought I did the perfect thing for a little girl who is using one of our Palaminos for 4H this year. I waited around forever for the instructor to come show her about grooming. Meanwhile, I brushed her out and clipped her ears and evened out her main and "banged" her tail. Boy did that b**ch chew my butt. She's a very unpleasant lady in the first place, but I guess 4H rules and grooming tips for show in Horse Illustrated are not compatible. I have tried to practice braiding manes and also the tails of our draft horses. I really need someone to show me personally. Certain breeds of registered draft horses have their tails docked. You can't show them without a docked tail. Then your braid the tail and put a rosette on. We do "roach" the manes of some of our horses for clean lines and for their comfort with heavy collars and harness.

BTW, having so much fun with two colts born mid April. Both are male this year and very affectionate. I play with them every day and can touch them all over and stretch legs, tap hoofs, get them to lay down and scratch bellies. They have decided the BarnGod's belt buckle is great for chewing. We start all colts this way. So much easier in the long run. Fortunately all our mares are very trusting of us, and let us play with the babies with no problems.

BarnGoddess
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Shrek 3 just opened nationally this week. Normally, our little town gets one or two good hits a month. I was amazed that on opening day, we actually got Shrek on the opening day. It even will play for two weeks. It was so crowded this weekend we're waiting until this coming weekend to see it.

raisincharlie
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Okay friends - just a bit over 4 1/2 days until the greatest race of them all. A little humor

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/VIDEO03/70521037

You will have to wait through a video add but the "Fun Fun Fun" animation is awesome - enjoy !

:crazy:

Good Luck Ms. Patrick !

jilly
05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow, how much fun is that? bet he had a blast. Thanks for sharing, jilly. I love the Pirate movies. Look forward to this newest one. plus I love any thing Johnny Depp's in... great actor!

Oh Yes....he had a blast - who wouldn't hey?- all expenses paid for a 6 mo caribbean vacation and hobnobbing with Johnny Depp!!! Siiiigh!:)

sweetmop
05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh Yes....he had a blast - who wouldn't hey?- all expenses paid for a 6 mo caribbean vacation and hobnobbing with Johnny Depp!!! Siiiigh!:)
Whooooaaah! Sounds wonderful! Be still my heart!:angel:

raisincharlie
05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Caught a bit of the Nationals at Las Vegas on either Saturday or Sunday, can't remember which. I love freestyle dressage. They didn't show that much dressage, but the finals of Grand Prix Jumping.

Charlie, I thought I did the perfect thing for a little girl who is using one of our Palaminos for 4H this year. I waited around forever for the instructor to come show her about grooming. Meanwhile, I brushed her out and clipped her ears and evened out her main and "banged" her tail. Boy did that b**ch chew my butt. She's a very unpleasant lady in the first place, but I guess 4H rules and grooming tips for show in Horse Illustrated are not compatible. I have tried to practice braiding manes and also the tails of our draft horses. I really need someone to show me personally. Certain breeds of registered draft horses have their tails docked. You can't show them without a docked tail. Then your braid the tail and put a rosette on. We do "roach" the manes of some of our horses for clean lines and for their comfort with heavy collars and harness.

BTW, having so much fun with two colts born mid April. Both are male this year and very affectionate. I play with them every day and can touch them all over and stretch legs, tap hoofs, get them to lay down and scratch bellies. They have decided the BarnGod's belt buckle is great for chewing. We start all colts this way. So much easier in the long run. Fortunately all our mares are very trusting of us, and let us play with the babies with no problems.

BG,

I don't know anything about the 4H requirements but I must say there was no need for the lady to be obnoxious about it IMO. Seems just about every group has a certain way of doing things, nothing consistent. I thought of you Friday nite - the annual "Sucker Days" parade was Friday and there is always a 2 horse team of Clydesdales and a 2 horse team of Belgiums pulling these beautiful old wagons (actually hearses). They were groomed beautifully as always -braided up and tails docked- some very gentle giants.

I do know how to do the braiding but it takes me about 3 hours where as my wife and the grooms have it done in about half that time. Of course mine is not as nicely done either but I try when I feel the need for punishment ! :p Total pain in the behind !

As to the foals, they are indeed wonderful little creatures and full of fun but I have it figured they spend all that time developing and fighting to get into this world and once here they spend all of their time trying to get out of this world. Scary little buds, worse than kids when it comes to finding ways to get hurt. I really don't like being responsible for other people's foals and try to avoid them if possible, sweet buggers but...

snowshuze
05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Talking about spring babies.....I am taking care of an infant cottontail rabbit. It's just the most adorable thing. My brother hit the nest with his brush hog and and sent me the only survivor to raise. Its challenging to say the least. My vet has been a godsend in what to do, and so far things are going well. He's opened his eyes and is very perky. :)

raisincharlie
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Talking about spring babies.....I am taking care of an infant cottontail rabbit. It's just the most adorable thing. My brother hit the nest with his brush hog and and sent me the only survivor to raise. Its challenging to say the least. My vet has been a godsend in what to do, and so far things are going well. He's opened his eyes and is very perky. :)

You rock Snowshuze !