PDA

View Full Version : Found Deceased OH - Rev. Mary Ellen Walters, 68, & Ada Wasson, 80, Lebanon, 19 April 2007

SewingDeb
04-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Central Ohio Methodists are being asked to mobilize in hopes of finding a retired minister and her friend who may have set out for Columbus on April 19.

The Rev. Mary Ellen Walters, 68, and Ada Wasson, 80, have been missing since they departed the Otterbein Retirement Living Community near Lebanon in southwestern Ohio.

An e-mail from the Ohio River Valley District of the Methodist church asked ministers yesterday to enlist members of their congregations who live and work along I-71 to help look for the women and their car.

The church is seeking volunteers to search side roads 5 to 10 miles east and west of I-71, said Cindi Dietrich, finance manager of the church district.

The women were thought to be traveling to a JC Penney outlet store, either in Columbus or Carrolton, Ky., authorities said.

The women were in a silver 2000 Chevrolet Impala with Ohio license plate DG30 LC.

The Warren County sheriff’s office has alerted police agencies in Ohio and Kentucky to be on the lookout for the women. There has been no activity on their credit cards.

"Nobody’s heard anything from them," Dietrich said. "We pray they are safe."

Anyone with information about the women is asked call the sheriff’s office at 513-925-2525.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/04/27/method.html

Of course, there is no picture with the article. I assume other denominations are encourage to participate in looking for the two women.

summer_breeze
06-04-2011, 04:41 PM
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=45059

Last updated October 15, 2007

Hunters in Kentucky have made a sad discovery. Ada Wasson's car and her remains as well as the remains of her friend Mary Ellen Walters have been found. A day trip to outlet stores took a mysterious turn for the two elderly women from Ohio on April 19, 2007. Police were determined to find the friends and find answers for their respective families