PDA

View Full Version : Midyette's Arrested in Boulder County!

tezi
05-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Here is a statement from the Boulder County DA. The Grand Jury indicted them today. Finally, maybe this child can get justice.

http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/ma...-district-cour/ (http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/may/08/das-statement-midyette-charges-filed-district-cour/)

concernedperson
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I just heard and finally, something. Justice for the baby!

sherri79
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
i know nothing about this case. what happened to this child?

chicoliving
05-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Finally!!!

aussiegran
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
here is a link to his sad story .I hope the poor baby gets justice .
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0706/2505_back_to_Boulder.html

philamena
05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Finally! Justice for little baby Jason.

sherri79
05-09-2007, 12:03 AM
here is a link to his sad story .I hope the poor baby gets justice .
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0706/2505_back_to_Boulder.html ok i read the link and cried... omg that poor baby. i pray that justice is served in this case. i am not sure if you can find justice when a 10 week old baby dies. nothing done by the court will ever be enough.

philamena
05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Here is the link to the autopsy report posted in by the Denver Channel. Trust me, this will make you cry.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/download/2006/1207/10484195.pdf

White Rain
05-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Here is the link to the autopsy report posted in by the Denver Channel. Trust me, this will make you cry.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/download/2006/1207/10484195.pdf

My God..it's a wonder the baby lived as long as he did. What absolute monsters! I hope they both fry.

philamena
05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
My God..it's a wonder the baby lived as long as he did. What absolute monsters! I hope they both fry.
I'm with you White Rain. How could they do that to their 10 week old baby?

Amster
05-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I can't believe it took this long for DA Mary to arrest these monsters! Isn't one of them the kid of some wealthy family in Boulder?

Poor little baby...:(

sissy's mom
05-09-2007, 01:37 AM
finally!!

daphnec
05-09-2007, 02:08 AM
oh my. I can't believe they did that to a 10 week old baby.:razz: May God bless that little one.:(

Bobbisangel
05-09-2007, 02:33 AM
I've never heard of these people or this case. That poor little guy. People have to be evil in order to do things like that to a tiny new born baby. It is just horrible. Anyone want to go with me while I swing a baseball bat at both of their heads :furious:

sissy's mom
05-09-2007, 03:01 AM
I've never heard of these people or this case. That poor little guy. People have to be evil in order to do things like that to a tiny new born baby. It is just horrible. Anyone want to go with me while I swing a baseball bat at both of their heads :furious:

you betcha..

misterallgood
05-09-2007, 03:52 AM
About danged time. I started Crime Library's coverage of this case, as I was already wondering in July of 2006 why there'd been no arrest. I did a blog entry about this development tonight, and included a story I was sent by a person who alleges he was assaulted by Alex Midyette in 1997:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=409

I almost made a morbid joke about wondering where the teenaged Alex was in December, 1996. His daddy J. Nold Midyette was, after all, the landlord for John Ramsey's Access Graphics. But I decided not to go there... yet. The Ramseys may not have known the Midyettes outside of that arrangement.

Either way, I still see a few -- and I emphasize, just a few -- parallels between JonBenet and JJ.

Steve/Mister A.

RiverRat
05-09-2007, 06:35 AM
About danged time. I started Crime Library's coverage of this case, as I was already wondering in July of 2006 why there'd been no arrest. I did a blog entry about this development tonight, and included a story I was sent by a person who alleges he was assaulted by Alex Midyette in 1997:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=409

I almost made a morbid joke about wondering where the teenaged Alex was in December, 1996. His daddy J. Nold Midyette was, after all, the landlord for John Ramsey's Access Graphics. But I decided not to go there... yet. The Ramseys may not have known the Midyettes outside of that arrangement.

Either way, I still see a few -- and I emphasize, just a few -- parallels between JonBenet and JJ.

Steve/Mister A.

Please, please, please put those parallels together for total enlightment.

tennessee
05-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Thank goodness! It is great that they finally indicted these two. I don't understand how anyone could harm a defenseless little baby.

Dena
05-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank goodness! I have kept up on every update from Crime Library since the story broke.

I had read something that the father was very upset at the hospital and that the mother was more concerned for her marriage than the welfare of her own child.
Leads me to believe she was the abuser and was worried the husband would leave her. Although, broken bones in different stages of healing would say he had to know about the abuse.
From the autopsy report, it appears there was no visible exterior injuries to baby Jason.
I am happy they finally arrested them.

misterallgood
05-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Please, please, please put those parallels together for total enlightment.

Like I said, there are just a few -- but both children were from good families with money, both children may or may not have fallen prey to their own parents (I'm on record everywhere as not being one who thinks the Ramseys did it, but there's still plenty of people who do think so), both children's murders were subject to a long drawn-out investigation by the Boulder authorities. A fruitless investigation for JonBenet, apparently a successful-enough investigation for JJ.

Differences are major, too -- JJ was an infant and not the victim of a sex crime, and JonBenet was in school already and may have been the victim of a sex crime. The Ramseys initially appeared to cooperate with the investigation before unchaining the lawyers, the Midyettes were super-quick on the draw with representation.

There are other ties, some of them cause & effect -- I have to think that the fiasco of Boulder's investigation into JonBenet's murder influenced the handling of the Midyette investigation. Once again, a child from a well-off family was dead under highly suspicious circumstances, and the world might just notice -- surely Boulder authorities thought at some point: "let's get it RIGHT this time."

In 1996, Alex was a teen, near driving age, and his father and John Ramsey at the very least had a business acquaintance with one another. The odds are in favor of that just being a passing coincidence. Still -- I'd like to know if the families socialized. I'd like to know if Alex could have been around in December, 1996. One of JonBenet's injuries was a major blow to the head, and blows to the head killed JJ. I'm pretty sure that in the late '90s and early 21st century there have been at least two other unsolved attacks in and around Boulder that involved victims being beaten savagely about the head. I have an account on my blog from someone who claims the then-17-year-old Alex Midyette didn't hesitate to reach in his car and beat the crap out of him, focusing on his face and head.

Then again, if you read one of the most recent Crime Library articles by Chuck Hustmyre, people at the hospital felt the stranger member of the couple when Jason was brought in was Molly, not Alex. Chuck interviewed someone who said Alex's reactions were much more "appropriate" to the situation than Molly's.

The Boulder Grand Jury indicted both parents, and Alex had the higher bail. So whatever was there, it was serious. I think the ties to the Ramsey case in the end will be purely tangential, but not so minor that they should be ignored.

And I doubt I clarified anything, but whaddya want, I haven't had any coffee yet :)

Steve/Mister A.

MrsMush99
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm so happy to hear this. Finally!

RiverRat
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Like I said, there are just a few -- but both children were from good families with money, both children may or may not have fallen prey to their own parents (I'm on record everywhere as not being one who thinks the Ramseys did it, but there's still plenty of people who do think so), both children's murders were subject to a long drawn-out investigation by the Boulder authorities. A fruitless investigation for JonBenet, apparently a successful-enough investigation for JJ.

Differences are major, too -- JJ was an infant and not the victim of a sex crime, and JonBenet was in school already and may have been the victim of a sex crime. The Ramseys initially appeared to cooperate with the investigation before unchaining the lawyers, the Midyettes were super-quick on the draw with representation.

There are other ties, some of them cause & effect -- I have to think that the fiasco of Boulder's investigation into JonBenet's murder influenced the handling of the Midyette investigation. Once again, a child from a well-off family was dead under highly suspicious circumstances, and the world might just notice -- surely Boulder authorities thought at some point: "let's get it RIGHT this time."

In 1996, Alex was a teen, near driving age, and his father and John Ramsey at the very least had a business acquaintance with one another. The odds are in favor of that just being a passing coincidence. Still -- I'd like to know if the families socialized. I'd like to know if Alex could have been around in December, 1996. One of JonBenet's injuries was a major blow to the head, and blows to the head killed JJ. I'm pretty sure that in the late '90s and early 21st century there have been at least two other unsolved attacks in and around Boulder that involved victims being beaten savagely about the head. I have an account on my blog from someone who claims the then-17-year-old Alex Midyette didn't hesitate to reach in his car and beat the crap out of him, focusing on his face and head.

Then again, if you read one of the most recent Crime Library articles by Chuck Hustmyre, people at the hospital felt the stranger member of the couple when Jason was brought in was Molly, not Alex. Chuck interviewed someone who said Alex's reactions were much more "appropriate" to the situation than Molly's.

The Boulder Grand Jury indicted both parents, and Alex had the higher bail. So whatever was there, it was serious. I think the ties to the Ramsey case in the end will be purely tangential, but not so minor that they should be ignored.

And I doubt I clarified anything, but whaddya want, I haven't had any coffee yet :)

Steve/Mister A.

You did wonderful! I was hoping that you wouldn't break my heart by saying that you saw no similarities, so your pre-coffee off the top of your head response was a great start!

Show Me
05-13-2007, 07:59 AM
You did wonderful! I was hoping that you wouldn't break my heart by saying that you saw no similarities, so your pre-coffee off the top of your head response was a great start!

Bump!....Thought we had a thread on this already.

Show Me
05-13-2007, 08:14 AM
From Little at FFJ, great article!

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/onpoint/archives/2007/05/carroll_the_lucky_couple.html

Carroll: The lucky couple
Friday, May 11 at 12:00 AM
Molly and Alex Midyette should get on their knees every night and thank whatever providential power they might believe in for having the good fortune to live in Boulder County. In almost any other jurisdiction, at least one of them would very possibly be in jail.
Rather than traipsing about the Erie community while being monitored by an ankle bracelet, the suspect would be counting stale hours from the confines of a cell.

But the Midyettes are lucky. They live in a county where the district attorney is the feckless Mary Lacy, engineer of last year’s fiasco involving John Mark Karr as well as other assorted public travesties. And so, when a grand jury under the care and feeding of her office finally got around this week to indicting the two with child abuse for the death early last year of their infant son, Jason, the most serious charge was a Class 2 felony.

Now maybe you think that eight to 24 years, the normal range for a Class 2 conviction, minus “good time” of course, is a punishment fit for the crime. If so, you should read the grand jury’s indictment.

There you will discover that at his death, 10-week-old Jason had more than 20 broken bones “in various stages of healing,” including breaks in his arms, legs, ribs, hands and feet. His skull had been fractured, too, with a “complete loss of gray-white interface involving the cerebrum,” which is as bad as it sounds. And he had “contusions on the right and left temporal lobes of his brain” that were “older than other hemorrhages found in Jason’s brain.”

You will learn, too, from the testimony of an expert at The Children’s Hospital, that while many such injuries are fairly common in serious child abuse because of “abusive squeezing,” “violent shaking” or “twisting or pulling forces applied near the end of a bone,” the “hand and foot fractures are very uncommon, and are likely the result of a direct blow.”

Only one conclusion fits this sickening set of allegations: Jason was not dropped or bumped and thus bruised and broken by accident, or even in a single violent fit of quickly regretted rage. He was roughed up repeatedly, brutally, and without anyone reporting a single incident either to a doctor or a cop.

For the rest of the article click on link above.
-----------------------------
Makes you want to cry. Some couple in Denver were charged with murder and not released on bail, when their abused child died....but not in Boulder.

Well not for the rich in Boulder, whom Mary Lacy bends over backwards to protect, though she is supposed to be the DA!

But then again Mary has ties to the Midyettes, and as she will retire soon, I'm sure Mary is looking out for her 'future' career, rather than the innocent life of a little abused baby.

Show Me
05-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Link stolen from RiverRat at FFJ....:dance:

---------------------
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5535462,00.html

By Christine Reid, Daily Camera
May 14, 2007
BOULDER - The solidarity of Alex and Molly Midyette - charged with child abuse resulting in the death of their 10- week-old son - could prove to be prosecutors' biggest challenge, according to legal experts.
Beginning Feb. 24, 2006, when they took their only child to the hospital, the parents have refused to talk to authorities. They retained separate lawyers after the death of their infant, Jason, and have continued to exercise their constitutional right to remain silent ever since.

It took five months for the Boulder County coroner to determine Jason's death was a homicide after ruling out a medical malady. It took a grand jury another six months to return an indictment last week.

The Midyettes, who have moved from their former Louisville home to Erie, continue to back each other and are supported by their families, as evidenced by their court appearance last week.

Surrounded by family members in Boulder County District Court, the Midyettes held hands during the hearing, and at one point Alex kissed Molly on the forehead. According to one of their attorneys, the couple are eager to fight the charges against them.

Former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant said determining the facts in such a case can prove difficult for prosecutors.

"It's not unusual where there is little evidence other than that which comes from both parents in a child-abuse case," Grant said.

And if they aren't talking, he said, it can be a nightmare to try to determine exactly what happened and who may be more culpable. A prosecutor in such a case ideally would like to identify the parent with the lesser role and have that person testify in exchange for a deal, Grant said.

For rest of the article click on the link above.

cynpat2000
05-14-2007, 10:11 PM
well it took long enough but at least now jason will finally have some justice, poor little fellow. May he rest in peace.

Show Me
05-15-2007, 06:44 AM
well it took long enough but at least now jason will finally have some justice, poor little fellow. May he rest in peace.

Let's hope so cynpat...however I have a feeling the rich Midyettes will spend little if any time in jail for the tortorous murder of an innocent little babe.

My biggest fear....will Molly Midyette get pregnant in the future and have another baby? Someone else to neglect and malnourish?

RiverRat
05-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Let's hope so cynpat...however I have a feeling the rich Midyettes will spend little if any time in jail for the tortorous murder of an innocent little babe.

My biggest fear....will Molly Midyette get pregnant in the future and have another baby? Someone else to neglect and malnourish?

I'll bet that we hear news of that before the next docket sounding. :sick:

hipmamajen
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/local/midyette.jason.molly.2.615089.html

According to local news, today Molly Midyette testified why she took her son into the doctor's office rather than the ER.

Molly Midyette is charged with fatal child abuse in the 2006 death of 10-week-old Jason Midyette, who had a head injury and more than 30 broken bones. Prosecutors accuse her of waiting too long to get medical help for Jason.

Midyette said she and Alex Midyette, her husband and Jason's father, went to Dr. Jill Siegfried's office because they thought they would have a long wait with a lot of paper work at an emergency room.

"It seemed like the faster option with Jill," she said. "They had all information, and all we had to do is pay copay and go to Jill's office."

RiverRat
12-20-2007, 05:00 PM
"Molly Midyette called an e-mail she wrote days after Jason' birth a "very goofy, very embarrassing thing."

The e-mail, written to a former boyfriend read: "I'm in the hospital right now (your favorite place). I got in a real bad car accident (not my fault)."

It detailed injuries Molly said she sustained in the accident, including a punctured lung and broken ribs. She reported she needed 45 stitches on her belly.

"All that working out and the bikini body has a scar," the e-mail said.

There was no mention of her Cesarean section or her son Jason in the e-mail.

:liar:

"I had put on so much weight while pregnant and had some serious body image issues," she told jurors. "I was terrified of how I looked."

Midyette said that she and her old boyfriend were still friends, and she sent him the e-mail for some reassurance. She used the description of car crash, she said, because that is how she felt her body had been through during the pregnancy.

"It was really dumb, really embarrassing thing to do," she said. "It's hard for me to describe. I just felt like I looked disgusting."

Midyette told jurors that he responded, made a light joke and told her to hang in there.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/20/trial-blog-headline-here/#comments

RiverRat
12-22-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/molly-midyette-guilty-my-life-is-over/

"What's next for Molly Midyette: She will be held at the Boulder County Jail -- and not be allowed to bond out -- until her Feb. 29 sentencing hearing. At that hearing, Judge Lael Montgomery will sentence her to between 16 and 48 years of prison. Midyette will then be sent to a Department of Corrections facility in Denver, where officials will decide at which security-level prison she will serve her sentence. Because her conviction is considered a "crime of violence," she will have to serve 75 percent of her sentence before she is eligible for parole."

One Down, One To Go! And Daddy knows it!

RiverRat
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
BOULDER — A screaming Alexander Midyette was hurried out of the courtroom Friday evening after a jury found his wife guilty of child abuse resulting in the death of their 10-week-old son, Jason.

“This is bull----,” he yelled. “She didn’t do anything, you f------ a-------.”

Deputies rushed to clear the courtroom at the judge’s order after a red-faced Alexander Midyette began screaming and pulling at his hair.

As deputies and his supporters hurried him from the courtroom, Midyette yelled over his shoulder to Louisville Police Detective Jessica Steele, accusing her of lies.

Minutes earlier, supporters of Alexander and Molly Midyette began to cry as Boulder District Judge Lael Montgomery read the verdict at about 6:45 p.m. A woman yelled at reporters that they “better write something nice.”

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=5356

Taximom
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the updates, RiverRat.

That last image of Alex is pretty scary.

Taximom
12-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I was looking for Steve's thoughts on this latest development but not sure I'm at the right place over there! He's on hiatus, so maybe he'll pop in later here.

concernedperson
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/molly-midyette-guilty-my-life-is-over/

"What's next for Molly Midyette: She will be held at the Boulder County Jail -- and not be allowed to bond out -- until her Feb. 29 sentencing hearing. At that hearing, Judge Lael Montgomery will sentence her to between 16 and 48 years of prison. Midyette will then be sent to a Department of Corrections facility in Denver, where officials will decide at which security-level prison she will serve her sentence. Because her conviction is considered a "crime of violence," she will have to serve 75 percent of her sentence before she is eligible for parole."

One Down, One To Go! And Daddy knows it!

The rage in his face is startling and the poor baby was the brunt of it until he died.

RiverRat
12-22-2007, 02:16 PM
After seeing the photo of baby Jason as he was hooked up to the life support system and now seeing the above picture of his father, I am even more livid that Alex is not charged with murder. :banghead:

Betcha his rage subsides and he regrets his outburst that Molly did not do anything when his trial rolls around and he tries to save his own butt. Maybe he does not understand that Molly is headed for prison BECAUSE she did not do anything....like stopping his abuse....like heading straight for the Emergency Room?! :doh:

RiverRat
12-22-2007, 02:24 PM
http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/legal-experts-say-verdict-vindicates-justice/

"The conviction of Molly Midyette, Grant said, also sends a message about the way the judicial system works.

"I think one of the undercurrents of this case is that these have been well-heeled, well-connected people," he said. "Some folks probably thought, 'Here's another rich person getting off.' This shows the justice system is sort of blind to those issues."

:waitasec:

Squishified
12-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you so much for the updates, RiverRat!!!!

tezi
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, RR, I guess we were wrong about Molly getting off! Thank goodness! Now, if we can get Alex in jail, that would be the icing on the cake!!!!

Justice for Jason!!!!!

misterallgood
12-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I was looking for Steve's thoughts on this latest development but not sure I'm at the right place over there! He's on hiatus, so maybe he'll pop in later here.

That's one less shallow, evil person running free. I'll be really happy to hear about Alex Midyette's life sentence without parole, though. He's a rage-filled psychopath, is my bet, and he feels no responsibility for what he did.

I broke this story for the Crime Library, and from the get-go I knew both parents were messed-up somehow, and I also knew that they would think their money could help them out. It's good to see that's not what's going on, so far.

And I want to know more about Alex's past. I'm certain he hasn't only been violent with the child. I hope people have scrutinized his activities in the past very closely.

Let's remember that Alex's Daddy knew the Ramseys. He was John's business landlord. I've always wanted to know just how well the families knew each other. Did they socialize, or anything, stuff like that. Violent, rage-filled psychopath Alex would have been in his midteens at the time.

Just saying I'm curious, is all.

Steve/Mr. A

concernedperson
12-23-2007, 02:58 PM
That's one less shallow, evil person running free. I'll be really happy to hear about Alex Midyette's life sentence without parole, though. He's a rage-filled psychopath, is my bet, and he feels no responsibility for what he did.

I broke this story for the Crime Library, and from the get-go I knew both parents were messed-up somehow, and I also knew that they would think their money could help them out. It's good to see that's not what's going on, so far.

And I want to know more about Alex's past. I'm certain he hasn't only been violent with the child. I hope people have scrutinized his activities in the past very closely.

Let's remember that Alex's Daddy knew the Ramseys. He was John's business landlord. I've always wanted to know just how well the families knew each other. Did they socialize, or anything, stuff like that. Violent, rage-filled psychopath Alex would have been in his midteens at the time.

Steve/Mr. A

Wow! I didn't know that. Can this be checked out? This is certainly an avenue that hasn't been considered since it is the first anyone (me,at least) knew of the connection.

RiverRat
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Steve/Mr. A

:woohoo: Curious is a start!!

RiverRat
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, RR, I guess we were wrong about Molly getting off! Thank goodness! Now, if we can get Alex in jail, that would be the icing on the cake!!!!

Justice for Jason!!!!!

This is one I can handle being wrong on, Tezzie! I have a gut feeling though that Molly is the sacrificial lamb here so we have to keep on top of this one! :blowkiss:

emmcee
12-23-2007, 09:22 PM

Wow - I'm curious too.

BTW, what's stopping Alex from fleeing the country before he goes to trial? He's not being held, right?

emmcee

hipmamajen
03-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Attorneys say a woman convicted in the death of her infant son say she should get a new trial because she was threatened and coerced by her husband, her father-in-law and their lawyer.....

She claims the Midyette family tried to obstruct the grand jury proceedings in the case in late 2006, when Alex Midyette's attorney, Paul McCormick, talked to several witnesses before and after their testimonies.

Molly Midyette also claims Alex Midyette's mother, Kay, altered a photo depicting injuries of the baby's eyelid and lied to the grand jury about it.

The motion also states Alex Midyette repeatedly threatened Molly Midyette and the well-being of her parents leading up to the trial. Molly Midyette claims Alex's father, J. Nold Midyette, told her not to talk about Alex to her attorney. She says she was told if she did, she could be punished by losing her job, her car, her house and the remains of her son.

"I have never seen anything like the claims being brought by Molly Midyette's attorney," said 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson. "Grand jury tampering, witness intimidation, bribery of witnesses, if even half of what is alleged is true, then Molly Midyette has a good chance of getting a new trial."

The motion claims that during the trial, Midyette family members were in court "texting real-time information back to Midyette headquarters via computer, allowing Alex Midyette, who was waiting outside the courtroom, to confront Molly Midyette at recesses or during lunch breaks."

More at link: http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=88318

I wonder what will happen now?

tezi
03-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Attorneys say a woman convicted in the death of her infant son say she should get a new trial because she was threatened and coerced by her husband, her father-in-law and their lawyer.....

She claims the Midyette family tried to obstruct the grand jury proceedings in the case in late 2006, when Alex Midyette's attorney, Paul McCormick, talked to several witnesses before and after their testimonies.

Molly Midyette also claims Alex Midyette's mother, Kay, altered a photo depicting injuries of the baby's eyelid and lied to the grand jury about it.

The motion also states Alex Midyette repeatedly threatened Molly Midyette and the well-being of her parents leading up to the trial. Molly Midyette claims Alex's father, J. Nold Midyette, told her not to talk about Alex to her attorney. She says she was told if she did, she could be punished by losing her job, her car, her house and the remains of her son.

"I have never seen anything like the claims being brought by Molly Midyette's attorney," said 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson. "Grand jury tampering, witness intimidation, bribery of witnesses, if even half of what is alleged is true, then Molly Midyette has a good chance of getting a new trial."

The motion claims that during the trial, Midyette family members were in court "texting real-time information back to Midyette headquarters via computer, allowing Alex Midyette, who was waiting outside the courtroom, to confront Molly Midyette at recesses or during lunch breaks."

OMG! Well, I hope she testifies against him when he goes on trial. Can you say divorce?

I am just speechless. RR, where are you?

RiverRat
03-18-2008, 07:55 AM
OMG! Well, I hope she testifies against him when he goes on trial. Can you say divorce?

I am just speechless. RR, where are you?

Oh, I'm here.....just waiting to see if Molly gets to stay The Patsy or not!

SteveHuff
03-18-2008, 08:14 AM

Why do I find none of the above surprising? Just don't. Sounds exactly like the portrait of Alex and the Midyette family that I developed when I first looked into the story.

Steve

Reannan
03-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Spoiled, evil, arrogant people. I find the connection with the Ramsey's very interesting. It would sure be interesting to know if the Midyette family was at the Christmas party the Ramsey's had the night before JB was murdered.

Brefie
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Are all states charging mothers who allow abuse to happen to their children, or just a few? It's my understanding that the battered / terrified wife defense is being thrown out in a few courtrooms.

I hope the Midyettes are ALL served justice. If that family have done what Molly says, then they should be punished, but it does not lessen the fact that her only child died when he did not have to and she could have saved him. :furious:

RiverRat
03-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Spoiled, evil, arrogant people. I find the connection with the Ramsey's very interesting. It would sure be interesting to know if the Midyette family was at the Christmas party the Ramsey's had the night before JB was murdered.

They were NOT there. Plus - the Christmas Party was not the night before the murder!

tezi
03-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Why do I find none of the above surprising? Just don't. Sounds exactly like the portrait of Alex and the Midyette family that I developed when I first looked into the story.

Steve

Steve, you were spot on!

I am not surprised that Molly has finally turned against him, but it doesn't change the fact that she didn't help her child.

RR, too funny!

spamelope
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/dec/30/judge-no-tv-coverage-midyette-trial/

spamelope
12-31-2008, 11:34 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/dec/31/midyette-defense-asks-closed-hearing/

RiverRat
01-01-2009, 06:37 AM
"Montgomery said her previous decision to allow the Camera to take still photographs during the trial remains in effect."

Oh good.....I'd hate to miss another angry explosion from Alex.

RiverRat
01-01-2009, 06:43 AM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/dec/30/judge-no-tv-coverage-midyette-trial/

"A judge ruled Monday that television cameras will not be allowed inside the court room at Alex Midyette's child abuse :furious: trial next month.

Midyette, 29, is charged with causing the death :furious: of his 11-week-old son, Jason Midyette, in 2006. His long-awaited trial begins in Denver District Court Jan. 12. It was moved there due to the potential effects of pretrial publicity on a Boulder County jury."

NOT my favorite Judge, so none of ths surprises me. Only in Boulder can Murder go to trial with Child Abuse charges.......GoodFreakingBye, Mary Keenan Lacy. Go join John Mark Karr in seclusion with Alex Hunter somewhere far away from Children!!!

spamelope
01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/05/judge-allow-blogging-midyette-trial/

spamelope
01-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Explosive allegations about Alex Midyette’s behavior before his baby’s death — that he kicked his pregnant wife in the stomach, used cocaine and viewed Internet porn just hours before bringing his dying child to the hospital — were unveiled in a court document Friday.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/09/coke-porn-and-abuse-midyette-trial/

RiverRat
01-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Child Abuse, My A$$..... :furious:

Chicogirl36
01-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Anyone have a link to the doc released today? I looked for a while, but cant find em :crazy: TIA

spamelope
01-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Child Abuse, My A$$..... :furious:
I know, right? I can only hope the new DA isn't intimidated by the rich and powerful of Boulder as his predecessors. What are the odds of one town having 3 Bozos in a row?

Chico, I'm sorry- I don't know where you could find yesterday's document. I've gotten spoiled with the Anthony case's documents being so readily available!

spamelope
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
After three postponements, two venue changes and a seemingly endless amount of speculation, Alex Midyette's long-awaited child abuse trial finally gets underway Monday with jury selection in Denver District Court.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/11/finally-second-midyette-trial-set-to-begin/

Chicogirl36
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
After three postponements, two venue changes and a seemingly endless amount of speculation, Alex Midyette's long-awaited child abuse trial finally gets underway Monday with jury selection in Denver District Court.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/11/finally-second-midyette-trial-set-to-begin/

Hope you have your pop-corn ready spamelope :) I will check in tomorrow to see what happens. He is such a time bomb, I hope he gets mad and shows the jury what he is really about. Im sure jurors have heard about his rage in the past (shhh...at least I hope they have).

tezi
01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
I know, right? I can only hope the new DA isn't intimidated by the rich and powerful of Boulder as his predecessors. What are the odds of one town having 3 Bozos in a row?

Chico, I'm sorry- I don't know where you could find yesterday's document. I've gotten spoiled with the Anthony case's documents being so readily available!

Well, spamelope, in Boulder anything is possible. I'm not too sure I have much faith in this new guy.

tezi
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
"A judge ruled Monday that television cameras will not be allowed inside the court room at Alex Midyette's child abuse :furious: trial next month.

Midyette, 29, is charged with causing the death :furious: of his 11-week-old son, Jason Midyette, in 2006. His long-awaited trial begins in Denver District Court Jan. 12. It was moved there due to the potential effects of pretrial publicity on a Boulder County jury."

NOT my favorite Judge, so none of ths surprises me. Only in Boulder can Murder go to trial with Child Abuse charges.......GoodFreakingBye, Mary Keenan Lacy. Go join John Mark Karr in seclusion with Alex Hunter somewhere far away from Children!!!

RR, don't forget she needs to take that Engel kid with her that she helped get released who already violated halfway house rules! I mean, she'd feel safe with him, after all, all he did was kill his adopted mother and grandmother with a hammer and a knife. But according to Lacy and Lacklen, he was "reformed."

Oh, how I want to hear what Molly has to say about Alex now.

RiverRat
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/12/jury-selection-could-last-wednesday/

Jury selection in Alex Midyette trial could last into Wednesday

DENVER -- Potential jurors filed into Courtroom 4 in the Denver City and County Building throughout the day Monday, as lawyers in the long-awaited Alex Midyette child-abuse trial began the process of selecting a jury.

About 150 Denver residents called up for jury duty in the highly publicized case began meeting with the defendant, his attorneys, prosecutors and the judge in closed-door interviews inside the stately marble-walled building in downtown Denver.

The one-on-one meetings with prospective jurors are expected to last through Tuesday, with the final stage of jury selection moving into the open courtroom Wednesday.

It's not clear if the attorneys will get to opening statements by Wednesday.

Midyette, 29, of Erie, is charged with inflicting the injuries that led to the death of his infant son in 2006."

RiverRat
01-13-2009, 09:02 AM
RR, don't forget she needs to take that Engel kid with her that she helped get released who already violated halfway house rules! I mean, she'd feel safe with him, after all, all he did was kill his adopted mother and grandmother with a hammer and a knife. But according to Lacy and Lacklen, he was "reformed."

Oh, how I want to hear what Molly has to say about Alex now.

Yeah....the same "kid" that has already violated his parole. What a Shocker...

tezi
01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah....the same "kid" that has already violated his parole. What a Shocker...

Yep, we were all shocked weren't we? I am surprised she didn't let Michael Bell out of prison while she was in office. He's the guy who escaped prison and went on a killing spree in Boulder County. Alex Hunter convinced the family that the death penalty would be too hard to get against him, so Bell took a deal of four consecutive life sentences (if my memory is correct). I am sure Lacy thinks he's reformed also.

spamelope
01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Yep, we were all shocked weren't we? I am surprised she didn't let Michael Bell out of prison while she was in office. He's the guy who escaped prison and went on a killing spree in Boulder County. Alex Hunter convinced the family that the death penalty would be too hard to get against him, so Bell took a deal of four consecutive life sentences (if my memory is correct). I am sure Lacy thinks he's reformed also.

Michael Bell was chilling. Who has the cajones to go up to a bunch of men who were shooting and get them to turn over their guns? I lived in the mountains at the time, and while he was on his rampage was the only time I locked the doors.
Sid Wells' murder was another example of "epic fail".

spamelope
01-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Hope you have your pop-corn ready spamelope :) I will check in tomorrow to see what happens. He is such a time bomb, I hope he gets mad and shows the jury what he is really about. Im sure jurors have heard about his rage in the past (shhh...at least I hope they have).
No doubt he will lose it again. That pic of him going off during Molly's trial is classic. The photographer outdid himself on that one.

Chicogirl36
01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
No doubt he will lose it again. That pic of him going off during Molly's trial is classic. The photographer outdid himself on that one.

Yeah, thats definitly one that deserves a prize. I think Alex deseerves a prize too- A 1-way ticket to gen pop for 25-life to match Molly's. I'm sure they are anxiously awaiting his arrival :eek:

I do not agree that she was completely at fault, but with the pre-existing conditions, she knew something, if not her hubby's temper. She was a smart, college educated woman. I believe they got caught up in drugs and went too far- What a shame!!!!

Justice for JASON!!!!

RiverRat
01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Let's not forget good guy Kolbe Bryant......:rolleyes:

WHY anyone in America woud commit a crime anywhere but in Boulder amazes me!!!

spamelope
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
A friend of Alex and Molly Midyette testified that Alex Midyette "dropped" Jason into Molly Midyette's arms while his wife was sitting on the couch and said to her "your baby's hungry."

Dancer Vernet was called to the stand Tuesday afternoon by the prosecution to talk about a visit she made to the Midyettes' home in early January 2006.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/03/midyette-trial-blog-kay-midyette-under-fire-prosec/:furious:

less0305
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Dr. Patrick Barnes, a pediatric neuroradiologist and child abuse expert from Stanford University, listed for the jury Friday morning the various symptoms Jason Midyette showed that confirmed for him the baby didn't die of abuse but from a metabolic disease.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/06/midyette-trial-blog-doctor-outlines-symptoms-disea/

More paid experts testifying today.

Chicogirl36
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Dr. Patrick Barnes, a pediatric neuroradiologist and child abuse expert from Stanford University, listed for the jury Friday morning the various symptoms Jason Midyette showed that confirmed for him the baby didn't die of abuse but from a metabolic disease.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/06/midyette-trial-blog-doctor-outlines-symptoms-disea/

More paid experts testifying today.

WTF???? I apologize for that, but that poor baby suffered so much, he doesnt deserve this!! What about the ripped gums in that babys mouth? Thats not metabolic, it is abuse. I found this in the official grand jury indictment: edited for space

" Kay received a call from Alex prior to 2/2/06 where Alex expressed 'concern' about bleeding from Jasons gums. Moly later told Kay about a 2nd bleed from his gums while giving him a pacifier. They BOTH LIED to Kay and said the doctor examined him with a metal probe and said he was 'fine' since it did not pentrate all the way throught the gum. The doctor later testified that not only did they not ask about the gums, but they also said they would NEVER use a metal probe in an infant's mouth." :confused:

I cant imagine how much Alex's dad paid that doctor to say it was definately metabollic. Im sure a PRETTY PENNY! They dont realize they are making a mockery of the medical field by doing this crap. Kinda reminds me of the A case as far as the dynamics between Parents/children/covering up/living in denial about what their monster if a child has really done. My nephew died of metabollic syndrome, and he sufferred NOTHING even close to what Jason did. May they both RIP.

I hope Alex and Molly have EXTREME NIGHTMARES and are haunted for the rest of their lives. IMOO :behindbar :eek:

http://web.dailycamera.com/pdf/0508midyette.pdf

Page 10, paragraph 30
WARNING: VERY GRAFFIC

PS- Sorry about the rant- I just cant stand LIARS!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

JaneInOz
02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
My thoughts...

I started to read this thread as it was in the *new Posts* section..
I started to feel sick whilst reading them, and decided NOT to click the links, not to read the autopsy report
There is only so much child abuse I can read in a period of time.
Them my interest was peaked with talk of Boulder and JBR
Question : is there a connection in any way between the cases ?

Then I skipped through to the last page and saw the links in regards to metabolic condition, brittle bone disease..
I had my interest peaked , because whilst writing my blog I had come across a case where the parents , the mother , was accused of horrific child abuse , but it was infact brittle bone disease , the children were taken off her and despite her ending up proving that this child did in fact have that , her children had been officially adopted and she could not get them back.

So I was curious as to whether there was any truth in this, but I read a few of the links and to start with I was thinking oh no maybe there was some truth in this, but then no, I read the friends testimony, I read how the parents did cocaine, the father dropped the baby to his wife and other things that made my hair stand on end.

So is this the new defence for abusers ? Brittle Bone disease ?

And what about these experts ? how can they get up and lie BOLD FACED LIE and allow people to get off by telling such lies - do they have no conscience ?
what about the code that doctors take ?

I cant read the autopsy report, I just cant, My heart cant take anymore sadness at the moment, there is just too much of it being inflicted on our babies and children in this world at the moment. I need to bring some happiness into my heart to battle the sadness that these stories bring from these people who are beyond my understanding

God Bless Little Jason

Salem
02-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Hugs to you Jane. Go find some sunshine.

Salem

RiverRat
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Alex Midyette's mega-rich father owns the building where John Ramsey's Acess Grapics office was.

JaneInOz
02-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Alex Midyette's mega-rich father owns the building where John Ramsey's Acess Grapics office was.

So does this dude Alex have the B E S T Legal help provided by his very rich father then ?

Are any of the people connected to the JBR Case involved with this Case ?

I guess we can count small blessings (make that big) in that there is a NEW DA in town !

Chicogirl36
02-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Hi RR,
I have read quite a few of your posts and only know that you were very involved in Jon Benet's case. Do you think they have any connections? IIRC, you said earlier that they werent at the Christmas party the Ramseys held that year.

I know its seems Im rambling, but what Im trying to say, is "Is there somekind of silence/cover-up for the rich in Boulder, or even CO in general? I do admit I know nothing but what is posted in the national news about it, but it sure seems if you have money and you want a crime to go unpunished, go to Colorado? :waitasec: Do you possibly think this could be true? TIA for your input- I appreciate your knowledge and figured you would know :)

Chicogirl36
02-08-2009, 07:25 PM
So does this dude Alex have the B E S T Legal help provided by his very rich father then ?

Are any of the people connected to the JBR Case involved with this Case ?

I guess we can count small blessings (make that big) in that there is a NEW DA in town !

Hi Jane,

I know this case is disturbing, (as it is to ALL of us), but if you are inteested in some details from his friens and locals, read the comments at the lik below. They are definately on to the Midyette's $$ power, and are disgusted. Good read, IMO.

please see comments below article :)

less0305
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/midyette-trial-blog-jury-receiving-instructions-ju/

Closing arguments today. Prosecution had closing this morning. Jury should have case by this afternoon late.

Chicogirl36
02-13-2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/midyette-trial-blog-jury-receiving-instructions-ju/

Closing arguments today. Prosecution had closing this morning. Jury should have case by this afternoon late.

Thanks for the update less! I cant wait to hear GUILTY,GUILTY,GUILTY!!!!!!! Hopefully they will dish him a FULL SENTENCE like they did Molly- I do believe that he had a LOT more to do with the abuse, but Molly is college educated, hopefully had that 'mother's instinct' (when they werent too high) and IMHO, has babysat more than one kid in her lifetime to know that something wasnt right with that baby-

BTW- While Im on my rant- WTF would granny Midyette PHOTOSHOP bruises off that babies face to try and save her son's butt? She should be ashamed of herself! :mad: They ALL should, IMHO.

RiverRat
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi RR,
I have read quite a few of your posts and only know that you were very involved in Jon Benet's case. Do you think they have any connections? IIRC, you said earlier that they werent at the Christmas party the Ramseys held that year.

I know its seems Im rambling, but what Im trying to say, is "Is there somekind of silence/cover-up for the rich in Boulder, or even CO in general? I do admit I know nothing but what is posted in the national news about it, but it sure seems if you have money and you want a crime to go unpunished, go to Colorado? :waitasec: Do you possibly think this could be true? TIA for your input- I appreciate your knowledge and figured you would know :)

The Midyette's were not at the Ramsey Christmas Party although that wouldn't have surprised me now if they had been.

And no - you are not rambling - you are on the right track! Only in Boulder can a wealthy family beat their child to death with either no charges or a small child abuse trial. If you can, please find a copy of the book blowing the whistle from former Detective Steve Thomas. In there, more revelations besides how the Ramsey case was manipulated by the people elected to serve and PROTECT the citizens of Boulder are documented.

Now, I will sit and wait, scared to death, for this verdict to come back in and pray that some justice for Jason will be attained.

spamelope
02-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Jury has Midyette case
The jury has ordered lunch in and will be deliberating through the lunch hour. The 12-member jury began deliberations in the case at 9 a.m. Friday.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/jury-has-midyette-case/

I am not religious, but I am praying for a guilty verdict! Keep your fingers, crossed everyone! RR, I'm with you in spirit!

RiverRat
02-14-2009, 09:00 AM
"UPDATE: 5:12 p.m.

No verdict will be announced in Alex Midyette's child abuse trial until Tuesday at the earliest.

The 12 jurors gathered in Court Room 4 at the Denver City & County Building late Friday afternoon to tell Boulder District Judge Lael Montgomery that they would reconvene at 9 a.m. Tuesday to resume deliberations in the closely watched case.

Court is closed Monday due to the federal holiday.

Earlier Friday, Montgomery had informed the jury that it had the option of returning to the courthouse Saturday to deliberate, but jurors chose to take the long weekend off." :furious:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/jury-has-midyette-case/

This is how unconcerned Boulderites can be! This is a Murdered Baby awaiting Justice, yet they would rather have a three day weekend rather than perform their duty by finishing deliberations and hand down the long overdue verdict for Angry Alex!!!

spamelope
02-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Jury has reached a verdict, to be announced at 4:00 mountain time.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/17/midyette-jury-deliberating-second-day/

Oh, and RR, the trial was moved to Denver, so it's unconcerned Denverites lol. If it had been me, I would have wanted to get it over with. I'm really nervous, he sure bought quite the panel of experts :(

spamelope
02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Midyette guilty of lesser charge
DENVER – A Denver jury found Alex Midyette guilty today of criminally negligent child abuse in the death of his 11-week-old son nearly three years ago, putting an end to one of the most closely watched criminal cases in recent Boulder County history.

The jury of seven women and five men, who took two days to arrive at their verdict, spared the 29-year-old son of a wealthy Boulder architect and landlord of the most serious charge of knowing and reckless child abuse.

The knowing and reckless charge carries a prison range of 16 to 48 years, while the lesser charge Midyette was ultimately convicted of carries a presumptive range of four to 16 years in prison.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/17/midyette-jury-deliberating-second-day/

I am so sad. :(
RIP Jason

PattyCake
02-17-2009, 06:00 PM
that's so very sad. I have not read or heard about this poor child. Sure sounds like these people deserved a 1st degree murder charge. this child suffered tremendously. I can only hope someone in jail gets ahold of them both and makes them suffer tremendously as well.
Poor baby.

spamelope
02-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Patty, it is so maddening! It took forever to get this far, and now I just read that freak could be out in a year. I'm sure if it had been up to the DA, there wouldn't have even been charges brought against the parents. :furious: I too hope that someone gets a hold of that baboon in prison.

PattyCake
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Patty, it is so maddening! It took forever to get this far, and now I just read that freak could be out in a year. I'm sure if it had been up to the DA, there wouldn't have even been charges brought against the parents. :furious: I too hope that someone gets a hold of that baboon in prison.

OMG, I did not realize that at first. He did get a lot less time than his wife. Yet no one really knows which parent is truly responsible (they both are) but who dealt the murderous blow. A little baby tortured to death and this guy could get out in that little time? That was not justice. Must have been his daddy's $$$$$
:banghead:

spamelope
02-17-2009, 11:38 PM
DENVER — A majority of the jury that found Alex Midyette guilty of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son wanted to convict him on the more serious charge of knowing and reckless child abuse, several jurors told the Camera on Tuesday.
Following the five-week trial in Denver District Court, five jurors spoke with the media about their experience and what led to their guilty verdict. Justin Kaufmann, one of the 12 jurors, said nine people wanted to convict Midyette on the greater charge and three didn’t.

“It was a tough case,” Kaufmann said. “We couldn’t get a consensus on the greater charge, so we agreed on the lesser charge.”

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/17/midyette-jurors-three-wouldnt-budge-child-abuse/

JaneInOz
02-18-2009, 06:17 AM
UGH I am so ANGRY at this

WHO exactly are those three Jurors I wonder ! backgrounds, ties to whom ?

Chicogirl36
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
“It was a tough case,” Kaufmann said. “We couldn’t get a consensus on the greater charge, so we agreed on the lesser charge.”

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/17/midyette-jurors-three-wouldnt-budge-child-abuse/

WTF??? I am OUTRAGED!!!! wow, You wanna kill someone and get away with it, CO is the place to go. I cant imagine what was holding the 'undecided', but maybe Big Daddy Warbucks got to them or had ties somehow- He is VERY influential in the land developement/ property/real estate in the area- VERY WELL KNOWN!! Too bad that Molly and this creep couldnt change places- I truly believe he did it all!!! IMO :furious: :behindbar

Please dont tell me that house arrest gets credited for timed served? If so, I will be sick! :puke:

RiverRat
02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh, He has already bonded out while awaiting Sentencing. Last night, his Father was there for him again with the checkbook.

Sorry about the Denver/Boulder jury screw-up I made earlier - I was just livid at the time! I still am.....

spamelope
03-23-2009, 05:23 PM
ALERT!
Alex Midyette accused of dating day-care provider; arrested on bond violation.
Prosecutors say pair had been dating since November; new bond set at $20 million
BOULDER, Colo. — Convicted child abuser Alex Midyette has been dating a day-care operator since November, watching television, playing video games and riding motorcycles with several children at her Morrison property, according to court documents.

$20 mill! I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New felony charges!!!! Ha ha, Alex, ha ha!!!!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/20/alex-midyette-arrested-child-abuse-violation/

Lovejac
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
ALERT!
Alex Midyette accused of dating day-care provider; arrested on bond violation.
Prosecutors say pair had been dating since November; new bond set at $20 million
BOULDER, Colo. — Convicted child abuser Alex Midyette has been dating a day-care operator since November, watching television, playing video games and riding motorcycles with several children at her Morrison property, according to court documents.

$20 mill! I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New felony charges!!!! Ha ha, Alex, ha ha!!!!

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/20/alex-midyette-arrested-child-abuse-violation/

Just learned about this case and all I can say is KARMAs a b*itch!

spamelope
03-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes it is! I bet daddy doesn't bail him out this time. I've been wrong before, though lol. That is a huge chunk of change, even for Daddy Warbucks.

spamelope
03-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Alex Midyette remains in jail, set for Tuesday charging

BOULDER, Colo. — Convicted child abuser Alex Midyette remained in the Boulder County Jail on Monday, and is due to be charged with a felony bond violation Tuesday.

Midyette is being held in lieu of a $20 million bond after prosecutors said he violated conditions of his previous bond by dating a day-care operator and hanging out with her children.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/23/alex-midyette-boulder-county-jail-charging-abuse/

Nyla4
03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
GOOD! Hope his daddy's money can't get him out of this. I truly believe Midyette thinks (of thought) he can get away with anything. Why else would this pos be hanging around a daycare? I'm glad he now knows that his isn't untouchable and that the rule do apply to him.

RiverRat
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
It's hard enough to believe that this CaveMan has a Wife....much less a new girlfriend. :waitasec: Betcha Molly is wishing she had made many different decisions by now.

Hopefully, this is a sign of times changing in Boulder! Justice for Jason and JonBenet, Please & Thank You.....:praying:

tezi
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
It's hard enough to believe that this CaveMan has a Wife....much less a new girlfriend. :waitasec: Betcha Molly is wishing she had made many different decisions by now.

Hopefully, this is a sign of times changing in Boulder! Justice for Jason and JonBenet, Please & Thank You.....:praying:

CaveMan!!! LOL! Fits him perfectly! I wonder what the new girlfriend is thinking about all of this? I mean, she had to know, unless she doesn't read the newspaper, watch TV, or look on the Internet, and lives under a rock. And DHS has to be looking at the situation because of her daycare license. Thank goodness the ex-husband doesn't live under a rock and called the proper authorities!

As for Molly, well, I think she knows she made the wrong decisions. I doubt her appeal will go anywhere, so she has a very long time to reflect on her decisions. But, she's probably thankful he's someone else's problem and not her's!!!! I know I'd be extremely grateful!

Chicogirl36
03-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Alex Midyette remains in jail, set for Tuesday charging

MUUWAAAHAAAAHAAA!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: FINALLY!! About time for some justice for Jason!!

From the sounds of ALL (not most, but ALL) articles I have read about him, Jason is a BIG drug user, and Im sure he used something to calm him down during the beginning of this new drama. I hope he is on the BIGGEST COME DOWN of his life! I hope the detox is killing him slowly as we sit here.

Do you think that maybe Daddy will realize what a loser his son really is? Doubt it, but do any of you locals think that he will bail him out with such a high amount? I dont see him as a flight risk, but I do see him as a scared big mouth who likes to intimidate people. Maybe Bubba will have some fun with him......after all, he is a BABY KILLER~

RiverRat
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/24/alex-midyette-charged-felony-bond-violation/

"BOULDER, Colo. — A defense attorney for convicted child abuser Alex Midyette didn’t ask a judge to reduce his client’s $20 million bond Tuesday, when Midyette appeared briefly for a hearing in the Boulder County Jail courtroom to be charged with a felony bond violation. Defense attorney Paul McCormick declined to say whether he plans to ask for a lower bond, but to do so he would need to file a motion and allow prosecutors time to respond.

Midyette on Tuesday was set to spend his fifth night behind bars since being arrested Friday on suspicion of spending time with young children at the Morrison home of a day-care operator he’d been dating — a violation of his bond conditions.

He will be sentenced on April 20 for his conviction last month of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son, Jason.
Midyette, the 29-year-old son of a wealthy Boulder architect and commercial landlord, is scheduled for a May 8 preliminary hearing in the bond-violation case. McCormick told a judge Tuesday that hearing will take awhile because attorneys will discuss evidence spanning a four-month period.

spamelope
03-26-2009, 09:59 AM
IMO Molly was no better. She had to have noticed the effects of 37 broken bones, but chose to ignore them. Also, she had emailed an ex bf, telling him that her "bikini body" was ruined, not by childbirth, but by a car accident. She never mentioned Jason. Such motherly love-NOT. But, it was never even implied that she dealt the fatal blow to Jason, I think she was at work at the time, but don't quote me on that! I think what attracted these women to Alex was not his balding pate, no-neck Neanderthal looks, and even worse behavior, but $$$$$. Mommy Kay Midyette is another CA, photoshopping the bruise off poor Jason's eye in pictures. J Nold has been fairly quiet, but I'm sure the Alex supporters in the Daily Scamera comment section are family members. I have always thought AM was a huge flight risk-with all that money he could easily go to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. I am so grateful he's locked up now. Daddy didn't make a bee-line to the ATM machine, either ;) I hope Montgomery uses this new infraction to give him the max in the other case, and runs the new sentence consecutively to keep this creep off the streets for as long as possible. Also, you could only get away with child murders in Colo if you were rich Boulderites. I am hopeful that the new DA will deal with these people harshly, instead of being intimidated by $ like the last 2 DAs in Boulder's recent history. Alex has a long history of being a bully-there was a story about a man named Vlado I think that had an interesting tale about AM. I too hope Alex is suffering from withdrawals, especially from the one called FREEDOM. I think the Boulder LE should be commended-apparently, they have had AM under surveillance for quite some time. I bet they have an airtight case. I do think LM will give him the max. $20,000,000 bond says she doesn't have a lot of faith in the boy :)

Chicogirl36
03-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Great Points/Post Spamelope!! I sat here sceaming YES, YES!! at every comment you made :)

I noticed in the courtroom pics of AM that he has lost quite a bit of weight (and hair) since Molly's trial. He looked kinda frail in that wheelchair. Im wondering if he was working on this 'injury' since his last trial and that way, when he was sentenced, he could stay protected in the medical ward. I dont doubt for on second that he lost the weight from drug use. Any regular person would lose it from stress, but AM is not a regular Joe in ANY form. Once he hits gen pop in ANY prison yard, he will be a HUGE target. Thanks for losing weight Alex- you will be an easier taget for the smaller guys to get ya too!! ;)

One more thing to add- I think its VERY telling that AM's atty has not filed any motions, etc. He is smart, and probably KNOWS that the judge will stick it to him. He KNOWS he was in FULL VIOLATION of his terms, and has no business asking for a deal. :loser:

Thanks to you and RR, - you two seem to be CO experts and I admire both of your sleuthing skills from here and JBR !! Keep it up! :angel:

spamelope
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow, thank you, chico!:blushing: I'm no great sleuth, this case just offended my senses. River rat is probably the best expert on the JBR case that I've ever seen-she totally knows her stuff. I think her siggie pic sums up the entire case-PR wrote the ransom note, which if she did that, she was at the very least an accomplice. I think it was she that killed JB and since she's dead, I think it's like beating a dead horse-almost literally lol. I do hope the new DA gives closure in the case; he seems like a good guy who won't be intimidated by $. As for the M's, that case was appalling in that it seemed that MKL, left to her own devices, would have never even charged the Midyettes. And even then the charges were minor considering it was first degree murder.
My bf works at the state pen, and the days of throwing someone notorious in with the general population are over. It would be extreme negligence-not only can the prisoners sue the state, but the guards individually if something happens on their watch. The recent rulings about inmates' safety have guaranteed that Casey and Alex will never be in general population. Here's a snipped blurb from the Casper the friendly ghost Tribune lol:

By BEN NEARY
Associated Press writer

Sunday, February 24, 2008 2:06 AM MST

CHEYENNE -- The state of Wyoming paid $350,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by a former prison inmate who claimed he was beaten and sexually assaulted by another inmate at the state penitentiary in Rawlins. Orchard said he believes those who break the law belong in prison, but the state has a responsibility to treat them humanely.

"Humane treatment of them, and just like the humane treatment of prisoners we're seeing nationally with waterboarding, is an important litmus test about our civilization," Orchard said.
http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/02/25/news/wyoming/81a2b138f1883f65872573f900001ae2.txt

Thanks again, chico. Peace and chicken grease. :)

RiverRat
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Me? Nah.....I just hang around with the most brilliant brains on these two cases and they tend to rub off on me, but wow - how nice it is to receive a compliment - and on a Friday!

spamelope
03-28-2009, 02:58 AM
Me? Nah.....I just hang around with the most brilliant brains on these two cases and they tend to rub off on me, but wow - how nice it is to receive a compliment - and on a Friday!

Pshaw! You have a keen (not Keenan lol) mind, don't sell yourself short. We know better ;)

RiverRat
03-28-2009, 08:44 AM
OMG - KeenanLacy Tracey! If this violation would have happened while she was still in office, she would have granted Alex a quickie divorce, performed the marriage ceremony for the new couple, and had them flown First Class to Tailand for a Honeymoon!!!

Have I mentioned just how happy I am that she is finally gone?! :dance:
:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45:

spamelope
03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
OMG - KeenanLacy Tracey! If this violation would have happened while she was still in office, she would have granted Alex a quickie divorce, performed the marriage ceremony for the new couple, and had them flown First Class to Tailand for a Honeymoon!!!

Have I mentioned just how happy I am that she is finally gone?! :dance:
:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45:
LMAO!!!! So true. Plus, she would have flown her pal JR in for the wedding, too ;)

Everyone is glad she's gone-except murderous parents. Speaking of Thailand, wonder how Karr is these days? No more freebie flights for him now.

spamelope
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
BOULDER, Colo. — Convicted child abuser Alex Midyette is asking for a new judge, alleging that the $10 million bond set in his bond-violation case is "the highest bond amount ever set" for that type of violation in Boulder County and claiming the court "has lost its sense of fairness and balance in this case."

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/31/alex-midyette-new-judge-boulder-child-abuse/

Unreal. Hope he gets a new judge that's even more heavy handed if it's granted. :boohoo:

spamelope
04-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Judge won’t step down in Alex Midyette's child abuse case
Father to be sentenced Monday
BOULDER, Colo. — The judge in Alex Midyette’s child abuse case will not step down, she said in a Monday ruling.

Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery, who is scheduled to sentence Midyette next week for his role in the 2006 death of his 11-week-old son, ruled that the defendant hasn’t proven she displayed an unfair prejudice toward him.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/13/alex-midyette-boulder-child-abuse-judge-montgomery/

spamelope
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
BOULDER, Colo. — The judge in Alex Midyette’s child abuse case has denied a request to postpone his sentencing hearing, which is scheduled for Monday.

Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery ruled that despite Midyette’s March 20 arrest on an alleged bond violation — which came a month after a jury convicted him of criminally negligent child abuse in the 2006 death of his 11-week-old son — his legal team won’t get more time to prepare for his sentencing.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/15/judge-denies-midyette-motion-postpone-sentencing/

spamelope
04-18-2009, 12:21 AM
BOULDER, Colo. — In a last-ditch appeal Friday, Alex Midyette’s defense attorney convinced a judge to postpone his client’s sentencing, saying the convicted child abuser has “profound” learning disabilities that need to be evaluated first.

Midyette, 29, was found guilty by a jury in February of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son. In an about face Friday, Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery agreed to move his sentencing hearing from Monday to May 15, noting that prosecutors had no objection.

Defense attorney Paul McCormick, whose request for a delay earlier this week had been immediately denied, wrote in a new motion Friday that he hasn’t had time to present the Boulder County Probation Department with evidence making the case for placing Midyette in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/17/midyette-sentencing-moved-may-15/

Thinaire
04-18-2009, 12:57 AM
BOULDER, Colo. — In a last-ditch appeal Friday, Alex Midyette’s defense attorney convinced a judge to postpone his client’s sentencing, saying the convicted child abuser has “profound” learning disabilities that need to be evaluated first.

Midyette, 29, was found guilty by a jury in February of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son. In an about face Friday, Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery agreed to move his sentencing hearing from Monday to May 15, noting that prosecutors had no objection.

Defense attorney Paul McCormick, whose request for a delay earlier this week had been immediately denied, wrote in a new motion Friday that he hasn’t had time to present the Boulder County Probation Department with evidence making the case for placing Midyette in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/17/midyette-sentencing-moved-may-15/

:shakehead::shakehead: Oh boy...they really are stretching aren't they? Widdle Alex surely does not need his MBA to reside in a cell 24-7? :)

I could NOT be a defense attorney...no way I could do all the "stuff" they do, say some of the stoopid things they do with a straight face! :crazy:

spamelope
04-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I lmao at a comment at the end of the story. Kudos to Flang who stated this:

Posted by Flang on April 17, 2009 at 5:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I hope the delay was actually granted because the judge is busy researching "the number of years in eternity" for the actual sentence. :clap:
(Snipped)

They are grasping at straws. They know Apeman is going away for a long time. Maybe they're going to claim that he didn't earn his MBA, daddy warbucks bought that for him too?

Chicogirl36
04-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Spamelope- :blowkiss:
You made my weekend!!! :woohoo::woohoo:Believe me, I PERSONALLY needed that chuckle your post brought me. "Alex has "profound" learning disabilities and would like to in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished." -Snipped from Spamelope's post

Oh Alex, you poor pathetic piece of crap that you are~WHEN will you realize that the ONLY learning disability you have is that you are a CONVICTED, PATHETIC, CHILD ABUSER/KILLER and too much of a punk to face the music in prison?????? :behindbar :dervish:

This is one of the up-sides to all of the sad news we read here at WS. I get a kick (please, no dis-respect to baby Jason Midyette in ANY way whatsoever) out of the guilty when they act so tough and BIG and BAD in court and before trial, and then they USUALLY end up waddling away with their tails hanging when they face the music and end up having to live in PC for the rest of their lives. I understand PC is there for a reason, but it seems VERY easy to qualify (most can just say they are scared for their lives or ARE truly threatened/harassed. We ALL know that baby killers/abusers dont rate too high on the popularity charts in the pen. Gosh, I love that saying, 'An eye for an eye'..........

AM is an EVIL monster, IMO, and NEEDS to be incarcerated in a locked down facility. He is a ticking time bomb and I am SOO thankful that his new GF found out what a monster he was. How could she NOT know who he was or the fact he had major legal trouble ahead? He is NOT good looking, IMO, so was she in it for the party supplies that he seemed to always have? How could she allow those children to be around him and play with him, knowing what he was convicted of ? I have heard NOTHING but nice things about this woman (will keep name out since I havent seen it posted a lot here), yet how DUMB can she be? Every comment and blog I've read about her has positive things to say about her charicter(sp?). :waitasec:

Hopefully AM will keep that bottom bunk for the duration of his stay in the big house. I hear it makes it easier for people to come and tuck him in at night and give him a kiss goodnight like mommy and daddy would...:other_beatingA_Dead. Sorry, I couldnt help that one :shutup:.

Boy, he is sure working that wheelchair- Im sure its to keep him in the medical ward where its not so 'rough and scary for AM. Anyone know how he broke his foot? He probably threw a fit when they picked him up and he broke it kicking the squad car...hehe . Anyways, he looks 'scared to death' and PALE as he sits looking frail in his chair- Hope he feels a BIG taste of what Jason had to go thru with all those broken bones!!! He is a BIG BULLY!!!

Sorry y'all for the rant- felt good to get it out!!!!!

RiverRat
05-15-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/2009/may/15/midyette-sentencing-nears/

"Judge Montgomery is addressing Alex Midyette.

“This has been a tragedy,” Montgomery said. “I agree completely that he loved his baby.”

“But I’m basing this sentence on what I heard during trial,” she continued. “What I heard and what I saw was negligence that was woven throughout the entirety of this child’s life.”

Midyette is visibly agitated, moving in his chair."

:boohoo:

tezi
05-16-2009, 06:17 AM
http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/2009/may/15/midyette-sentencing-nears/

"Judge Montgomery is addressing Alex Midyette.

“This has been a tragedy,” Montgomery said. “I agree completely that he loved his baby.”

“But I’m basing this sentence on what I heard during trial,” she continued. “What I heard and what I saw was negligence that was woven throughout the entirety of this child’s life.”

Midyette is visibly agitated, moving in his chair."

:boohoo:

RR, did you read his statement to the court in The Daily Camera? If not, be sure to have a barf bag handy, because you'll need it.

I really wasn't expecting the judge to give him this much time, but I am glad she did.

BTW, Alex's attorney made it clear that Alex and Molly's marriage is over!

Marie
10-23-2011, 04:17 AM
Molly Midyette, the 'mother' ( :floorlaugh: ) of baby Jason is claiming that she was too abused to defend herself at trial.

Link (http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19173293?source=rss) :maddening:

Marie
10-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Here is a much longer article (http://www.dailycamera.com/ongoing-coverage/midyette-baby-death/ci_19180535) in the Boulder Daily Camera detailing Molly Midyette's (maiden name Molly Bowers) bid for sympathy and a new trial. Includes updates on the trial and statements from both sides (defense & prosecution)

They say Molly Midyette was so intimidated by her in-laws that she couldn't tell her own attorney at the time, Truman, about her growing suspicion that Alex Midyette had caused their child's death.

“She had conflicted loyalties,” Truman said. “She was trying her best to help us [her attorney's], but her living situation, her money, her cars, everything, was controlled by the Midyette family. She was trying to balance those things.”

"It's not unusual, after a person is convicted, to come up with allegations against a co-defendant, and I think that's exactly what we're seeing here," Senior Chief Deputy District Attorney Eva Wilson told the court during opening statements.

BTW, Alex (Alexander) Midyette is serving his time at the Trinidad Correctional Facility and Molly is at the La Vista Correctional Facility.

Marie
10-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Midyette was self-conscious about how heavy she looks in the photos...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site21/2011/1024/20111024_113353_MIDYETTE01s%281%29_500.jpg

tlcya
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
“She had conflicted loyalties,” Truman said. “She was trying her best to help us [her attorney's], but her living situation, her money, her cars, everything, was controlled by the Midyette family. She was trying to balance those things.”

Ummm . . . yeah. Well we wouldn't want to tell the truth and lose all those cars now would we.

spamelope
10-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Midyette hearing: Attorney defends his performance, backs claims of spousal abuse

That her original attorney provided ineffective counsel is a key claim in Molly Midyette's request for a new trial in the death of her 10-week-old son at the hands of her ex-husband.

On the first day of a weeklong hearing to determine whether she should get the new trial, Craig Truman supported another of Molly Midyette's claims -- that she was so abused by her ex-husband, Alex Midyette, that she couldn't assist in her own defense -- but Truman defended his own performance as her trial attorney.
http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19186478

What I would love to see is her get a new trial, be found guilty again, and be sentenced again. Does anyone know if she got the max? I don't remember-old age is creeping up on me. :( Go ahead Molly, test out the waters now that Stan Garnet's the DA. No more Midyette pal MKL running the show. This woman is unreal. God forbid she lose her home and car! Don't show her with her baby, the pictures are unflattering! That baby was tortured for all of his short, sweet life. And she knew it. There's no way she was unaware of what was happening. For all we know, she abused him directly as well. The only thing she was afraid of was her gravy train running dry.

Marie
10-25-2011, 10:06 AM
She is also now admitting to drug use... so I'd guess that that gravy train she was afraid of losing included a coke line.

And heck, no one looks their best right after giving birth but we all treasure those 1st photos with our newborns. How shallow can Molly be? How can she even think she deserves to be anywhere other than prison? :banghead:

spamelope
11-23-2011, 12:36 AM
YIPEEEEEEEEEE Kai AAAAAAAAAAAA!
Molly Midyette denied new trial in baby's death
Saying Molly Midyette is an "intelligent, assertive law school graduate" who was "actively engaged" in her own defense, a judge Monday denied her request for a new trial in the 2006 death of her newborn baby.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_19386383?source=most_viewed

I am so relieved and happy at the outcome of this appeal. I felt both parents should have gotten a lot harsher sentences, but at least this is more than I ever hoped for when MKL was DA. The climate in Boulder seems different, now. Not so lenient with the new DA in office. Justice was a long time coming for Baby Jason. May he rest in peace.

spamelope
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Vigil being held in Boulder for Molly Midyette after failed bid for new trial
The family and friends of Molly Midyette -- now going by her maiden name of Molly Bowers -- are holding a vigil for Midyette after a Boulder judge denied her bid for a new trial in the death of her newborn baby.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19459872

I never thought I would say this, but I wish those nutjobs from the Westbro Baptist Church would show up. These people have unmitigated gall and should be heckled severely. A vigil indeed. This is a mockery of any vigil held for the lost and missing. There is outrage in the comment section of the Camera regarding the paper still referring to Molly as Midyette, even though she has changed her name back to Bowers. Call the waambulance. This family should change their names to Anthony-that's who they're behaving like.

BrownRice
12-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Vigil being held in Boulder for Molly Midyette after failed bid for new trial
The family and friends of Molly Midyette -- now going by her maiden name of Molly Bowers -- are holding a vigil for Midyette after a Boulder judge denied her bid for a new trial in the death of her newborn baby.

A vigil for a woman who murdered her baby? Speechless.

How about a vigil for the innocent baby. I'm glad the motion for a new trial was not allowed. Even if she was found guilty again, she would still have the luxury of leaving her jail cell everyday, seeing her friends/family, and having the spotlight on her.