Pages : [1] 2

CW
05-31-2007, 02:15 AM
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49115 First thread

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49532 Second Thread

Continue on.

strach304
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I just posted today's story from The Herald News on the media thread. It talks about LE doing more searches for Lisa and mentions the Goodwill tip.

Seahorseladydi
05-31-2007, 11:15 AM
thank you windchime!

Going to read that article now strach....... this is the first I have heard about the goodwill trip.... hummmm......

also.... CS sure seems to be tight liped lately... maybe he got a clue!

@homemommy
05-31-2007, 01:09 PM
I just read on the chicago 2 news website the Stebic family has rasied the reward money to $50,000.00

ihadcabinfever
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
I wonder if those clothes didn't fit her since they reported in the beginning she had lost weight? If they did fit and they were new then he has a problem.

kinsey milhoune
06-01-2007, 12:01 AM
I wonder if those clothes didn't fit her since they reported in the beginning she had lost weight? If they did fit and they were new then he has a problem.

Whether they fit her or not, that should not be a priority of his to be going to Goodwill right at this time. Geez, this guy must have taken lessons from the Scott Peterson school of Missing Wives!!!!

I just wish it seemed like the police were making some headway, I worry that he may take off with the kids!!!!

Like the article said, the interest in the case seems to be fading, I live about 10 minutes from there & it is not big news here and that's terrible~~!!!

ihadcabinfever
06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Whether they fit her or not, that should not be a priority of his to be going to Goodwill right at this time. Geez, this guy must have taken lessons from the Scott Peterson school of Missing Wives!!!!

I just wish it seemed like the police were making some headway, I worry that he may take off with the kids!!!!

Like the article said, the interest in the case seems to be fading, I live about 10 minutes from there & it is not big news here and that's terrible~~!!!

I doubt he is going anywhere without his Annuity and Pension Fund.

ocean
06-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I hope the intrest in this case picks up. I live in plainfield and believe that the "intrest" will help break the perp. We need to be in his face. Her picture needs to be hanging everywhere this person goes, so he sees it...and feels it ....and....finally caves

Seahorseladydi
06-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I read in one of the articles that most of the missing flyers have fallen down or been blown away....

Does anyone know if they are going to have more searches by volunteers? or even have volunteers help go door to door and hand out flyers..... and put up new flyers.... this needs to be out in the news..... the family and friends MUST keep her face out there.....

A candle light vigil is good too.... gets attention.... call the media..... and let them know when it is going to be... attention attention attention........ that is what Lisa needs!

ocean
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Seahosreladydi
Great post great ideas.

JP76ER
06-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi Strach,

You asked me about the weapons that Craig Stebic had when he was arrested on weapon charges & if they can be used for hunting in Ilinois. Sorry I'm just getting back to you now, I had to run the other night.

First the Universal 10-gauge double barrel shotgun. 10-gauge is as big as you can go in Illinois as far as shotguns, both size, power & weight. They are mostly used for geese & other waterfowl because of their size & weight. Hunting waterfowl you normally boat in to your blind, or are dropped off via truck, etc. You then sit. No walking except from boat or vehicle. You really don't want to be walking with one of these hunting upland game. Hit a rabbit with one of these & you would probably have just a furball left. It would also be unwieldly to swing on birds such as quail or pheasant. You would also have the puff feather effect on birds with this shotgun too, IF you can hit them. You can hunt deer with these but I can't recall the last time I saw a box of 10-gauge deer slugs. A powerful shotgun.

The Desert Eagle .44 magnum handgun can be used in Illinois for deer hunting. It is also very popular for sport shooters who shoot at ranges or private land. It's a lot of fun to shoot. It is another very powerful weapon.

The Chinese-made AK-47 semiautomatic assault rifle & the Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle are not allowed for hunting in Illinois. Illinois has a great part of it's terrain that is flat open farm land & the rounds from these weapons can carry too far to be considered safe for hunting. Both are very popular sporting firearms. Once again, they are a lot of fun to shoot. Sport shooters fire these at gun ranges & private land. The AK-47 was originally a Russian manufactured assault rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov & adopted in 1947. Hence the AK-47 label. It fires a 7.62 mm round. It is one of the most popular automatic assault rifles in the world & copied by many, including the Chinese. It is probably the most produced military firearm in history. The automatic version is tightly controlled here in the United States. The semiautomatic version can be purchased legally & are relatively expensive. Still fun to shoot.
The Ruger Mini-14 is a sport rifle produced for target shooters, vermin, etc. Some police departments use it to fill the gap in their arsenal between the handguns & the sniper rifle. It is chambered to fire the .223 Remington round & the 5.56 mm military round. The 5.56 is used by the the USA military in all of the automatic M16 family of rifles. The Mini-14 is another fun sporting gun to shoot plus it is used a lot to control pests & vermin around farm areas.

Every weapon he had/has is perfectly legal. I have friends & I have seen people with as much as his and more. Just with this, he has a nice collection of firearms & it looks like he is an avid sports shooter. He has already stated that he is a hunter. 2nd Amendment guarantees his right to own the firearms.
His slip up of claiming that he had used his truck to haul rabbits after hunting the week before Lisa disappeared is a telling one. Rabbit season ended in January. You know well the police know this & more. He is aswering on the fly now & I'm sure there is more that the PD has. They are now working hard to find her & I fear they are looking for a body. The blood in his truck and on his tarp show to me that he transported her body in that vehicle. The police will find her & bring justice to her family & friends. I never use the word "closure". I believe that never happens.

JP76ER
JMHO

strach304
06-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks JP76ER :cool:

I am familar with the .44 and AK47, these are guns my ex and brother have, target shooting and hunting. My father and brother have huge gun collections but I haven't bothered them because I just can't fathom any of these weapons being used to hunt little rabbits. Deer and Bear of course but I think Craig changed it from deer to rabbits because for there to be blood there must be the animal and the children obviously would've seen it. Now let LE test the guns to see which ones were shot supposedly for rabbit and catch him lying or there is another gun unaccounted for imo. Also LE said or so it was reported that none of the guns taken looked like they had been fired. Isn't that strange?

JP76ER
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi Strach,

I really don't think he shot her. If he did, you're right, where's the weapon? If it was legally purchased, the PD will have him on that particular weapon being missing. If he bought one illegally, I'm sure they are checking banking & spending data to see if he bought one. If he did shoot her, it was small enough to not make enough noise to draw attention. He would still have to been so careful to completely have not left any blood evidence. I don't think he shot her but time may tell. I truly hope she is alive & I pray for her family & friends. Just not a good thing & way too much of it happening.

JP76ER
JMHO

strach304
06-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I completely agree JP76ER. I do think if he did this it was done in that very tight time frame of when he sent the children to the store no matter how it went down or came about. Using a gun is too risky in my opnion because of the noise and the houses look close. Then there is blood and ballistics.

The hunting rabbit story seems so far-fetched from what we know for it to be believable. If I were LE and the test resuts on those guns came back as not having been fired recently, CS would have some explaining to do. :waitasec:

We know he was at the Michigan property the weekend before she disappeared and LE did go there and search. Makes you wonder why they did at that stage and what CS told LE before he lawyered up.

j2mirish
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
I completely agree JP76ER. I do think if he did this it was done in that very tight time frame of when he sent the children to the store no matter how it went down or came about. Using a gun is too risky in my opnion because of the noise and the houses look close. Then there is blood and ballistics.

The hunting rabbit story seems so far-fetched from what we know for it to be believable. If I were LE and the test resuts on those guns came back as not having been fired recently, CS would have some explaining to do. :waitasec:

We know he was at the Michigan property the weekend before she disappeared and LE did go there and search. Makes you wonder why they did at that stage and what CS told LE before he lawyered up.

I have visions of strangling ( just like I felt with Laci )- but I also wonder if he hit her in the head with the shovel, if there is actuallyl blood on a tarp, perhaps from an injury from a hit-
:(

closeobserver
06-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Here's a scary story about CS. Sounds like this cop thought CS was going to shoot him. It also talks of his practice of hiding bodies from way back in 1995.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_152205923.html

strach304
06-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the update closeobserver. I'll post it on the media thread.

The first thing I thought when I started to read it was the arrest was in Oct. so it wasn't hunting season and then the officer went on to talk about that. Even though they didn't find the animals I wonder if they tested the blood to make sure it was an animal's.

Didn't know his father was with him at the time either so I wonder if he too was charged or it was just Craig because the guns were registered to him.

Can you imagine with 150 acres of their property, then 100's of mining pits that strech out 1100 miles that LE could even begin to search those areas? Is it even possible that he could've taken Lisa there without an accomplice? Or he put her someplace else closer and then moved her? If they had some kind of poaching thing going on and it sure sounds like they did and never got caught maybe that's why CS was so sure of himself in his threats to Lisa.

j2mirish
06-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the update closeobserver. I'll post it on the media thread.

The first thing I thought when I started to read it was the arrest was in Oct. so it wasn't hunting season and then the officer went on to talk about that. Even though they didn't find the animals I wonder if they tested the blood to make sure it was an animal's.

Didn't know his father was with him at the time either so I wonder if he too was charged or it was just Craig because the guns were registered to him.

Can you imagine with 150 acres of their property, then 100's of mining pits that strech out 1100 miles that LE could even begin to search those areas? Is it even possible that he could've taken Lisa there without an accomplice? Or he put her someplace else closer and then moved her? If they had some kind of poaching thing going on and it sure sounds like they did and never got caught maybe that's why CS was so sure of himself in his threats to Lisa.

That is exactly why I do not believe they will ever find her-- :mad:
what a POS :razz:

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Here's a scary story about CS. Sounds like this cop thought CS was going to shoot him. It also talks of his practice of hiding bodies from way back in 1995.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_152205923.html

Oh, My! This story certainly paints a picture of Craig his defense attorney won't like! Coming from a Law Enforcement officer, this statement is going to be difficult to overcome as to the true colors of Craig and his father!

He can no longer hide behind his facade of the kind, loving father and husband...when he confronted an officer while engaged in such an illegal act and put the seasoned officer in fear enough to draw his weapon. Their gut instinct has been honed to see danger and his interview says it all. Craig definitely has a darker side.

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 07:19 AM
I have another "what if" for you to contemplate. What if the children never went to the store? What if they went with their father to dump her body and were threatened by Craig not to talk?

Everyone is assuming what the children told LE in the beginning is true, but if it isn't...that would give Craig from the time they got out of school until the next day...Right?! Giving him plenty of time to dispose of her body in upper Michigan.

Has anyone stated they saw the children on their bikes or at the store? It would seem a positive ID could be made on the kids during the time they were supposed to have been there from the clerk or other witnesses. I wonder if the store had CCTV? LE should make for certain their stories check out by looking at videos either there or along the way. If they can't talk to the children, they can still verify their whereabouts with the cams. Hmmm...

Did anyone ever find out anything about this cellphone being found? I wonder if this is info that LE is holding back. Very interesting!

#6 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1488603&postcount=6) http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=1488603)
http://websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
micaelasmama (http://websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=16262) http://websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1488603", true);

i was just curious if anyone heard anything about the cell phone that they allegedly found on 5/12 during the search? (i havent found an article on it.....one of the red cross people told me at the search!)

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I hope the intrest in this case picks up. I live in plainfield and believe that the "intrest" will help break the perp. We need to be in his face. Her picture needs to be hanging everywhere this person goes, so he sees it...and feels it ....and....finally caves

Gather your friends, download her poster, make copies, and start plastering!! Write letters to the local paper, television stations, and anyone who will listen to keep this in the public eye. Take an active roll instead of wishing the interest to pick up. Sometimes, we have to make things happen.

Get the churches involved to hold bake sales, put up lemonade stands, or find other ways to raise support and awareness, but check with her family first to get their blessings. Make sure the media is aware of what you are doing, too! This gives the search for Lisa at least a mention in the news and keeps the public more involved.

I think it would be wonderful for Lisa's children to see other kids involved in doing something to help find their mother. You could set up a stand on every corner on his way to the store, the post office, or to the nearest convenience store. (The man HAS to buy groceries!)

CW
06-02-2007, 08:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken a neighbor seen them coming home on their bikes with a jewels grocery bag.

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 08:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken a neighbor seen them coming home on their bikes with a jewels grocery bag.
Ah, that takes care of that theory then! Thanks, WindChime! Guess I missed that!

closeobserver
06-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Much speculation has gone into that fact that the body is likely within 3 hours of CS's house. Is it far fetched to consider his Dad as an accompliss. Consider this:
1. His father stands behind his kid. He said "He's my son, I have to believe him."... (or help him)
2. His father refered to Lisa in the past tense in earlier interviews.
3. They have an apparent history of illegal activity (poaching and hiding)

Is it possible they met half way? Then Lisa's body could be in one of the hundreds of mines on the family property. Could CS have called his Dad and said, "Dad, I need you. I've had a terrible accident. I didn't mean to do it, but it would look real bad. No one would believe me that it was an accident."

Maybe far fetched, but.....? Hope they looked at CS's dad's vehicles, too.

sleuthin4fun
06-02-2007, 01:26 PM
ANother odd comment in this recent article was from Craigs sister Michelle. She said" I am thinking about spending the money to put her picture in the paper". Now is it just me? What is there to think about?

Seahorseladydi
06-02-2007, 01:27 PM
OMG...... reading that new article I have to wonder if they will ever find Lisa now... ELEVEN HUNDRED MILES!!!! with pits and hiding places.... OMG...... I just shiver at the thought....

All I can think of is grid searches......

Seahorseladydi
06-02-2007, 01:28 PM
ANother odd comment in this recent article was from Craigs sister Michelle. She said" I am thinking about spending the money to put her picture in the paper". Now is it just me? What is there to think about?

That is what I was thinking too..... if this is a family member why do you even have to think about it...... JUST DO IT!

Seahorseladydi
06-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Seahosreladydi
Great post great ideas.

Thank you Ocean..... I just wish I was closer and could PLASTER her posters all over.... for him to see!

UGH...... CS just makes me wanna puke.... :sick:

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Much speculation has gone into that fact that the body is likely within 3 hours of CS's house. Is it far fetched to consider his Dad as an accompliss. Consider this:
1. His father stands behind his kid. He said "He's my son, I have to believe him."... (or help him)
2. His father refered to Lisa in the past tense in earlier interviews.
3. They have an apparent history of illegal activity (poaching and hiding)

Is it possible they met half way? Then Lisa's body could be in one of the hundreds of mines on the family property. Could CS have called his Dad and said, "Dad, I need you. I've had a terrible accident. I didn't mean to do it, but it would look real bad. No one would believe me that it was an accident."

Maybe far fetched, but.....? Hope they looked at CS's dad's vehicles, too.

Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.

Liz
06-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I did a search to find out when rabbit hunting season is in Michigan, and this is what I found:

Rabbit season is September 15 - March 31

http://www.swmichigan.org/hunting.htm

So, if CS was hunting rabbits up on his property (or any property) in Michigan the weekend before Lisa went missing (April 28 & 29th), he was poaching. IOW, breaking the law.

JP76ER
06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Liz,

We did the check for Illinois too. November through January rabbit season. Poaching here too. Strach was wondering about the weapons LE had recovered, if they had been fired recently. He would also have to used a different weapon then the ones he was picked up with before by LE. None of those would be used for upland game hunting (pheasant, quail, rabbit). The police know this & I'm sure that's one of the things that they have locked in on CS story not being kosher. I'm sure they tested all his firearms to see if they have been fired recently & to see if any new ones have popped up or disappeared.

JP76ER
JMHO

Lisa Too
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.

j2mirish
06-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe it isn't that far fetched, but I don't know that his father could hide his involvement after they have already scrutinized him and his property. He didn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. Anything is possible at this point tho.
I agree- I dont think he is the sharpest tool in the shed either- dont think he is involved, but certainly a good thought

CW
06-02-2007, 10:25 PM

It doesn't sound that far fetched to me either his father was with him when he had the run in with the Conservation Officer and is up holding his son and as stated he did talk about Lisa in the passed tensed. I hope and pray now that the conservation office has come forward LE will look very close into this OB.

JP76ER
06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi Lisa Too,

I'm thinking like you. That's close to my opinion on what happened. I hope we are wrong.

Salem
06-02-2007, 11:12 PM
What about "bow hunting?" Would/does CS own a bow? There are several kinds now, some of which appear to be pretty lethal. It could explain hunting without firing a gun. Also, if they are poachers, bow hunting is much quieter.

Salem

SeriouslySearching
06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Strangulation is a common method for husbands because it is up close and personal, but then he could have bashed her over the head just as easily. There was blood present on the tarp.

I don't believe he used a gun or bow tho. I agree that the houses are too close together for a gunshot not to be heard in the evening while people would be home.

JP76ER
06-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi Salem

I bow hunt too & I'm also disabled with Multiple Sclerosis. All modern hunting bows are very lethal. Because of my disability, I qualify to hunt with a crossbow. To show you how lethal it is, a bunch of us hunted up at Ted Nugent's Sunrize Acres & I shot my Russian boar quartering away & he just flopped over dead. No running at all. Broke my bolt (arrow) by just falling over. They are big animals & almost the entire group that day took hogs by bow. You can murder some one with a bow but it would be a bloody scene. Arrows kill by cutting arteries, lung tissue & heart muscle. Basically cause the game to quickly bleed to death. We take as much safety training & shooting practice with our bows as our firearms. Safety is first & the most important part of the hunt. One could have been used but the death scene would have been bloody & clean up would be a very big chore. They are definitely a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, i.e. a murderer.

JP76ER
JMHO

fran
06-03-2007, 12:17 AM
I have been following this story from the start. I live only about 8 miles from the Stebics. Don't know them, but this story is just a little too close to home.

Here's what I think may have happened: Lisa was probably getting ready to go out for the evening and she and Craig probably got into an argument. I'm guessing his anger got the best of him and he did her in, hid her body in the back of his pickup in the tarp (in the garage) and sent the kids away for the candy run so he could figure out what to do next.

My guess is he panicked and called his father and his dad agreed to help him out. When the kids went to bed, he met his dad 1/2 way and did a transfer of the body, which his father promptly transported to one of the mines on their property in the north woods.

Whatever really transpired, I'm 99% sure Craig has something to do with it. After watching that 12-year old video clip of his arresting officer, I'm closer to 100% sure - scary to think someone with that kind of violent potential could be living that close to us.

I'm praying for Lisa's family and kids, and I sure hope this case produces some answers soon.

OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

JMHO
fran

strach304
06-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Fran, that's the case I was thinking about also.

JP76ER, I think Salem meant using the bow to hunt not as a murder weapon. My brother bow hunts and I thought he said something about there being a bow season? Meaning I guess different days before the regular one opens up.

closeobserver
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
OhMyGosh Lisa, I never thought him meeting his dad 1/2 way! Remember Janet March. After her husband murdered her, his dad helped him get rid of the body! The dad finally admitted it, but 10 years later and couldn't remember exactly where she was placed.

Let's hope LE gets some type of evidence soon on this case so it doesn't go on for as long as Janet's case. It took 10 years for justice for Janet,......please don't let that happen here.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

Read my earlier post on this thread, at the end of page one. I think that he may have even told his dad that he accidentally did it in a fit of rage. Perhaps he told his dad that nobody would ever believe it was an accident so he needed his help in getting rid of the body. That would explain why his dad used Lisa's name in the past tense during an interview. He also plays way too dumb, stating he only gets news when he hears people talk about it. Give me a break...if this happens in your family, you are going to be searching every angle to get all the information available. Dumb like a fox!

Lisa Too
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Fran & JP76ER,

I'm also thinking he strangled her. I agree that gunshots would have been too noticeable in that neighborhood and at that time of the day. Someone surely would have had recollection of hearing "fireworks". And gunshots would have been too messy - remember the kids were around at this time.

Lisa Too
06-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Just found this link to a new article that appeared yesterday:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/news/405333,6_1_NA01_CASE_S1.article

Lisa Too
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
And this one appeared today:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/412037,6_1_NA03_MISSING_S1.article

What's interesting here is the Afterward section at the bottom of the article. Now, Joe Stebic (Craig's Dad) is call LE liars!

Taximom
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/412037,6_1_NA03_MISSING_S1.article

What's interesting here is the Afterward section at the bottom of the article. Now, Joe Stebic (Craig's Dad) is call LE liars!

I can envision this becoming like the Perry March case. No body found. Shady soon-to-be ex and shady father-in-law.... I'm pretty sure they won't make it to Mexico though. (IMO)

I'm so sorry for those children.

strach304
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks for that article Taximom. :)

It sure clears up the confusion about the arrest of Craig over the gun charges and his father. The first story we learned about with the weapons near a school was in Illinois and the incident with his father was an altogether different one. Looks like the media went to Michigan for this.

Closeobserver, I can completely identify with the scenario you posted. When I first read it I was reminded of my own situation with my ex and his father and siblings. I can clearly see Craig whining it was an accident and he didn't mean it. What about the kids, etc? Even if the father played no part in helping Craig after the fact imo he isn't gonna go to LE with anything he might know that would link Craig to Lisa's disappearance. Joe Stebic has already stated in an interview that he was told Lisa was caught up in that internet stuff and he thinks that's what happened. Where'd he get that idea?

JP76ER
06-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi Strach,

Sorry if their is any confusion on that one. The deer season with a bow runs from October until January here in Illinois. I would assume any other game's season would open November & run until January. No matter what he was using, he admits it & the blood turns out to be rabbit blood, he's facing numerous violations from the Illinois DNR. The poaching would have kicked off that part of the investigation. It's a glaring DNR game violation & it came from CS when the discussion of Lisa's blood being on a tarp carried in his truck. Seemed to me he is thin ice now & knows it. He slipped a little that we know of with the rabbit hunt story. I''m sure there is more that is not being released that LE has in it's possession.

I'm waiting for him to come up with a prospector game hunt that you pay for. I know that there a lot of laws they must abide by with close inspection by the government, vetrinarians & the Dept. of Health. Not sure if there any nearby where he can claimed he hunted there. Problem with that; they check your FOID, hunting license & hunters safety course number. So if he claims it, it can be verified quickly.

JP76ER
JMHO

Taximom
06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for that article Taximom. :)
(snipped)

Hi Strach! :) I think the article you mentioned was posted by Lisa Too. (Thanks, Lisa!)

I just watched the video from the other link posted by close. It's quite interesting how something from 12 yrs ago can be remembered so clearly by that policeman. I can only wonder what things Craig might have said or done to Lisa, and probably the children, that left the same scary impression on them. Hopefully the children will talk eventually about what they've experienced.

It just STINKS that these men get away with these obvious crimes. :razz: I know, it'll catch up with them someday....

strach304
06-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Records indicate Craig Stebic also was arrested two other times in Iron County, Mich. In November 2004, he pleaded guilty and paid a $189 fine for using another person's kill to tag a big-game animal. And in 1996 he paid an $80 fine for being caught with two undersized bass

JP76ER, did you notice this part in todays report? The incidents in Michigan and Illinois aren't the only ones and these are more recent. I also noticed that they investigated Craig and his father for a year. I doubt if they would run such a lengthy and costly investigation if they thought it wasn't warranted.

What does the part about him tagging someone else's kill mean? What kind of market and money are involved with selling poached animals, any idea?

fran
06-03-2007, 07:58 PM
IMHO, Craig has no respect for the law and I don't believe he had any special permits to hunt. In looking at one of the posted articles, he's even been sighted for having under-size fish. Every fisherman knows he MUST keep track of the size, whether it's a fish or a crab or whatever. Their are rules to abide by, but it seems Craig thinks they don't apply to him.

IMHO, Craig and his father are the ones not telling the truth here. Looks like Craig's days as a free man could be numbered. :behindbar

Wonder what other little bits of news are going to be coming out about Craig?:bang:

Lisa Too, you may be right in that he didn't use a gun but may have strangled her. WHICH would mean it wasn't a crime of passion or without forethought. It takes several minutes to strangle someone. It's considered premeditated murder even if it's one minute before the crime. There's plenty of motive here too,.............especially since Lisa had just sent the papers to the attorney to have him be evicted.

closeobserver, you may be right, IMO. I believe Craig inherited his tendancies to be a bully and self-centered from his dad. So, his dad sticking up for him, even knowing the TRUTH (or Craig's version), wouldn't at all surprise me.

JMHO
fran

j2mirish
06-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Records indicate Craig Stebic also was arrested two other times in Iron County, Mich. In November 2004, he pleaded guilty and paid a $189 fine for using another person's kill to tag a big-game animal. And in 1996 he paid an $80 fine for being caught with two undersized bass

JP76ER, did you notice this part in todays report? The incidents in Michigan and Illinois aren't the only ones and these are more recent. I also noticed that they investigated Craig and his father for a year. I doubt if they would run such a lengthy and costly investigation if they thought it wasn't warranted.

What does the part about him tagging someone else's kill mean? What kind of market and money are involved with selling poached animals, any idea?

I dont think it has anything to do with $$--- I think it isall about HIM...and that he will do whatever he wants....whenever he wants--:mad:

strach304
06-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok, so I didn't have to call my brother the info was online. Bow season in MD. runs from the first week in Sept. to January. It looks like the limits are a lot greater for bow hunters as well so that must be what I remembered.

Push comes to shove though any kind of hunting won't explain Lisa's blood. :)

strach304
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
[/U][/B]

I dont think it has anything to do with $$--- I think it isall about HIM...and that he will do whatever he wants....whenever he wants--:mad:

That and Fran's comments apply to Craig and his father. I was wondering about the money angle because of LE spending a year to investigate them. Now that we know his father was involved in this illegal activity it's a logical conclusion that he may be the teacher.

Quite a few years ago there was a big problem with poachers for rockfish in the chesapeake bay area. Let me tell you, MD. gladly took a man's 25,000 boat and his vehicle.

twinkiesmom
06-03-2007, 09:29 PM
I hope they are looking at all the male relatives and close associates in this case.

Lisa Too
06-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Reading all this about CS makes me think and agree with those that have said he thinks he's above the law. He seems to think he can poach game, take fish that are too small to keep and even intimidate LE to the point that, 12 years later, the officer still remembers that encounter, saying it was one of the few times in his career that he actually drew his gun! After all, we're talking the north woods of the UP Mich, not the slums of Chicago! I'm feeling very uneasy that there is a cold-blooded killer out there, and he lives among us. I simply don't buy the idea that he could have possibly covered his tracks that well.

And yes, I really do think that his father was in on it! Going back to the incident 12 years ago, what father in his right mind would let his son stand armed against a police officer? Even if the son pulled the shotgun on the officer of his own volition, don't you think the father should have intervened and told his son to drop the shotgun?

I think this is a case where the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

philamena
06-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Humm I think that screams volumes!
LE has no reason to lie....but maybe dad and son do.

SeriouslySearching
06-04-2007, 12:47 AM

You are only allowed a certain number of "kills" and are given tags to this end to keep track. Using someone else's tag would simply mean they gave you their tag so you can get around the law. Yes, it is illegal, too.

It isn't really about big money with poaching, IMO. They stand to make a couple of hundred (?) or so on the meat with a large buck (altho if this went on for years...who knows?! Could amount to thousands of dollars!), but I think it is the hunt and kill that interests them.

I lived in a huge hunting community growing up and poaching was common every season. The real hunters deplored them, but it still happened. The story I always heard was that its "all about the thrill of the kill" for poachers because many times they left the meat behind.

fran
06-04-2007, 01:09 AM
OT, but not really.

Over twenty years ago we lived in a small town in Oregon. By 'small town,' I mean 1000 people. It was a tourist area so during the summer months we had heavy volume of people, but things slowed down during the fall and winter months.

Anyway, they took their hunting season seriously. Oh, we knew couples who would get two tags, one in the wife's name and one for the husband, but they honestly needed the meat for their 'years supply of meat.' These were honest, hardworking people who didn't have a lot of money, loggers for the most part. They definitely lived on a limited budget.

But then there was this one guy who came into town with a wife and a brew of kids. Transplanted from a big city, he was a 'former' police officer. Oh, we felt sorry for him, he'd lost one of his legs in the line of duty. That is, we felt sorry for him until he was caught, in the dead of night, poaching 6, that's SIX, beautifully HUGE elk and leaving them along the side of the road. It was all about the kill.

Craig reminds me of this guy. It's all about him and satisfying some sadistic part of him, IMHO.

Those poor children. They need to get away from him. I DON'T think he's the type of person who should be raising children.

Just my 'gut feeling,' of course, but it's like you can see the handwriting on the wall.:(

JMHO
fran

SeriouslySearching
06-04-2007, 04:54 AM
When are they going to get enough evidence to at least take the kids in for questioning?

Seahorseladydi
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I just can't believe how frustrating this case has become! UGHHHHHHHHHH

fran
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
With these recent revelations of more than one arrest and the circumstances involved, IMO, LE is looking into Craig. Yeah, he might be right, LE is looking at him for being responsible of his wife's disappearance. It's called "person of interest."

I so hope this case doesn't get stalled and they can't prove their case. I have a strong feeling they are NOT going to ever find Lisa unless someone squeels.

You all realize the reward $$ has gone up to $50K. Lisa's family is serious about finding their loved one, even without Craig's help! Maybe this higher amount will convince someone to come forward. Craig may not be talking to the media or LE, but he seems to pompous (his dad too), that I think someone else knows something. Even if it's where the duo usually dump the bodies of the animals they hunt for sport. That could be a HUGE clue on where Lisa may be.

JMHO
fran

Lisa Too
06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Fran,

I agree the likely spot for CS to dump Lisa's body is in one of those pits in the Northwoods of the UP. Is anyone on this board familiar with those mining pits? Can you weigh in here? How large are they, and are they usually well-hidden?

Also, reading the news, I'm wondering who this poor soul is: http://www.nbc5.com/news/13437922/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

strach304
06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Lisa, I did research the Iron County mines info over the weekend. I have no doubt that LE wouldn't be able to cover that area even with cadaver dogs.

One of the weekend reports did state that the Stebic property is 150 acres and LE had searched that. As for the mines it said there are hundreds of them stretching over a 1100 mile area in Iron County. I did search on mining pits in Michigan and got more info than I could read. It's vast and then on top of that there are also huge waterways to consider. Besides the hunting there is also the fishing in the Michigan and Illinois area that Craig would know very well.

closeobserver
06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Does CS's dad, Joe, live in the UP, or do they travel up there for vacations? Was Joe staying up there at the time? Is CS's mother still alive, or anyone that can vouch to the whereabouts of JS the night of her disappearance.

With speculation the JS may have been involved, whether or not he believes the death was an accident or not, it is possible that JS could have left his home at 3:30 in the afternoon. CS may have had to only drive 5 minutes away from home to make a body switch.

It would be nice to know the whereabouts of JS from 3:30 PM April 30, to 6 AM on May 1st. Maybe CS asked him to drive down to pick up a body of a rabbit... I mean deer...I mean "dear".

Didn't JS in one interview say he doesn't have a TV. The last story says he was angered by the news report of what the cop said about the story from 12 years ago. Did he see this on TV?

Another question I've had for some time is, "How did CS know that Lisa had posted for exercise partners if he wasn't spying on her. He must have somehow figured out her password to get into her email and history.

twinkiesmom
06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Does CS's dad, Joe, live in the UP, or do they travel up there for vacations? <<Was Joe staying up there at the time? Is CS's mother still alive, or anyone that can vouch to the whereabouts of JS the night of her disappearance.>>

His mother is deceased but he has a 45-year-old brother.

Trino
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I've been to the UP.

Many mines are a century old - abandoned and not filled in because laws back then were not in place to require reconstruction of the landscape. Water has filled many of them. You just cannot imagine how plentiful and how deep they are - and how dangerous they would be to investigate. I just don't see how you could get down in them, especially because most have been abandoned for so long. It would probably take $$$$$ to investigate just one of them.

SeriouslySearching
06-04-2007, 05:05 PM
No wonder LE is having such a tough time finding any evidence to haul Craig in! If he had plenty of time to clean the house, the truck (oops..he missed a spot on the tarp), and whatever else he had to do to get rid of any evidence plus they have to deal with a possible accomplice dumping into mine pits...this case might drag on forever. Of course, that would be the way CS planned it.

LE's ONLY hope would be the children, I am afraid. Has Craig let anything slip with them? How has he acted since that day? Do the children have any suspicions of their own? What did they see or hear leading up to their mom's disappearance? Was it out of character for Dad to send them to the store on bikes? DID Dad send them or did they ask to go? Did they see their father with any bags headed to Goodwill or anywhere else? When was the last time they saw their mother and what was her demeanor? What was the last thing she said to them? Were they aware of anything about their mom that father didn't know?

The kids need to be questioned at length. It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO.

Lisa Too
06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I've been to the UP.

Many mines are a century old - abandoned and not filled in because laws back then were not in place to require reconstruction of the landscape. Water has filled many of them. You just cannot imagine how plentiful and how deep they are - and how dangerous they would be to investigate. I just don't see how you could get down in them, especially because most have been abandoned for so long. It would probably take $$$$$ to investigate just one of them.

Well, it's no wonder then that CS could say with such conviction that he'd kill Lisa and her body would never be found! Sick, sick, sick, and what arrogance! I hope LE really starts putting the pressure on him soon! This is a nut that must be cracked.

fran
06-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I guess CS was right when he said he could make her disappear.:(

I wonder how Craig's mom died? Accident? Disappeared? Just wonderin'.

Craig won't let LE talk to the children.

It was not usual for Craig to give the kids money to go to the store. There's also a store just a short distance from them, but he sent them to the store that was further away. Ehhhh..........so it would take them longer.

Can you spell PREMEDITATED?

JMHO
fran

strach304
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
The goodwill story was reported to be a case of mistaken identity last week. We know from the early reports that Craig's father was at Craig's house the day Lisa was reported missing. He was supposed to have come to help with the kids. I think he lives in Highland Park? I know the report about Lisa's petition states where he lives because Lisa said Craig could live there. Then later it was reported as the area Craig grew up in. The cabin in Michigan was initially reported to be in Craig and his father's name and more recent reports have stated the property consists of 150 acres that have been in the Stebic family for many years. I know there are at least cousins that live in that Michigan area.

twinkiesmom
06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
The only info I was able to find on the mom was some IL Congressional proclamation of condolences on her passing....I assumed she died due to illness....do not know for certain...But was quite a few years ago.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/legisnet91/srgroups/sr/910SR0308LV.html

Lisa Too
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Fran,

I agree, it sounds premeditated. I was thinking about the tarp and the truck - I wonder if the truck disappeared for a time the night of 4/30? Maybe JS took the truck to the UP and returned it the same night or next morning? That way, CS could stay with the kids and have an alibi for most of the evening/night. I wonder what time those kids went to bed? I wonder what time JS arrived? And what time he left?

There are so many unknowns here...I hope they're just unknowns to us and not LE.

fran
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
The only info I was able to find on the mom was some IL Congressional proclamation of condolences on her passing....I assumed she died due to illness....do not know for certain...But was quite a few years ago.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/legisnet91/srgroups/sr/910SR0308LV.html

Do they do that for everyone that dies in Il? Issue a Congressional proclamation of condolence?

Please don't tell me these people are politically connected. :doh:

I'm still curious how the mom died.:confused: She wasn't that old.

JMHO
fran

fran
06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Fran,
There are so many unknowns here...I hope they're just unknowns to us and not LE.

Me too Lisa Too. I hope this one doesn't get away with it.:(

JMHO
fran

Lisa Too
06-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Do they do that for everyone that dies in Il? Issue a Congressional proclamation of condolence?

Please don't tell me these people are politically connected. :doh:

I'm still curious how the mom died.:confused: She wasn't that old.

JMHO
fran

Fran,

My thoughts exactly! Looks like Mom was in politics! Wonder who's palm she was greasing! This is disgusting!

Lisa Too
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear what CS is telling those poor children! Bet it's one of the tallest tales ever!

I've been through a very nasty divorce myself, and I know the dirty pool the soon-to-be-ex can play, including the mind games with the kids. Not fair to them at all! My kids are now grown, and you can be they've come to realize which side their bread was buttered on! Sad to say, they now have nothing but pity for their dad. I'm betting that will be the outcome here as well. Kids are much wiser than they're given credit for, especially these days!

Liz
06-05-2007, 04:14 AM
Craig's mother was employed by Walgreens corporate office.

fran
06-05-2007, 08:31 AM
I saw that she was employed by Walgreen's coroporate Liz. Thank you. Maybe that was her connection to government.

The only reason I was hoping the Sebic family doesn't have political connections is IF they do, it could effect LE's handling of the case. There's a couple of 'missing persons' cases I've run through the past couple of years where-by the family of the POI were large land owners, the victim's were never found, and the cases remain unsolved to this day. I can't off-hand recall the names, but one was a nine month pregnant woman and the other was a mom and her little girl. Oh, and IMO, it was obvious who did it, but the cases never saw the inside of a court room.

Lisa Too,........I hear ya on using the kids. It's hard to tell what will happen should he not be caught for this crime. Sometimes the kids are in denial, or just plain don't believe their father could do such a thing to their mom. I've seen cases where there are more than one child involved, even older than these two children, and one or more think the dad is guilty and the other(s) don't. I guess it's a toss-up.

What I'm worried about and this is just my opinion, is I don't think Craig is a very nice person, nor his dad either. My fear is these children will learn the habits of the dad and grandfather. THAT would be sad.

I would still like to know how Craig's mom died. It could very well have been through illness,.................but maybe not.:angel:

JMHO
fran

Lanie
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.highlandpark.org/obits/ste-sy.html

"Stebi, Carol Ann, Walgreens employee. Feb. 10, 2000, p. 179."

This is either the date of death, or the date the obit was in the paper.

SailorMoon
06-05-2007, 12:48 PM
snipped ---

LE's ONLY hope would be the children, I am afraid. Has Craig let anything slip with them? How has he acted since that day? Do the children have any suspicions of their own? What did they see or hear leading up to their mom's disappearance? Was it out of character for Dad to send them to the store on bikes? DID Dad send them or did they ask to go? Did they see their father with any bags headed to Goodwill or anywhere else? When was the last time they saw their mother and what was her demeanor? What was the last thing she said to them? Were they aware of anything about their mom that father didn't know?

The kids need to be questioned at length. It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO.

How true Seriously!! I think the thing to hold on to here is your last 2 sentences - and I quote them again - "The kids need to be questioned at length." Yes, indeedy they sure do. But ole CS won't let that happen right now.

But....I hadn't thought of it this way - "It might have to wait until they turn 18...but it will happen eventually, IMO."

Yes, yes, and yes. It will.

strach304
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd also like to add to the questions of what the kids may know. Did you hear or see anyone come to the house that night after you went to bed? Did you see or hear your father leave the house that night? Was he there when you woke up? What did he say and his reaction when your mother wasn't there to drive you to school? As well as the details of them going to the store for candy and any discussion they heard going on between Lisa and Craig going on that day. Lisa also may have discussed with the children that daddy wouldn't be living there anymore since she did send that petition out that very day, in an attempt to prepare the children for what was about to happen.

Lisa Too
06-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Strach,

Good questions. I have a couple more to add:

Where were the kids after school? Did they go out to play, coming home for dinner? It was dinner time in most households when CS sent them to the store for candy.

If the kids went out after school and simply came home at dinner time, CS would have had more time to commit his crime.

Suppose the kids came home just when CS was trying to wrap the body in the tarp and hide it in the bed of the truck. He would still have some kind of clean up to do (depending on the method of killing he used) and probably have to work out a plan to dispose of the body (call JS for help?) So, he had to buy some time - get rid of the kids, that is. Which would explain why he sent them to a store further from their home than others.

It's also conceivable that CS hid the body in the tarp in the truckbed overnight in the garage, then disposed of it the next day, after the kids went off to school. (very creepy thought!)

fran
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Strach,
It's also conceivable that CS hid the body in the tarp in the truckbed overnight in the garage, then disposed of it the next day, after the kids went off to school. (very creepy thought!)

Yes, a very good possibility, storing her in the truck bed overnight. Then getting up in the morning and doing the carpool thing for the kids. THEN he allegedly went to work. Wonder if he really did go to work and what time he clocked in?

JMHO
fran

kooldeedee
06-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Fox News had some story tonight about a "new video tape" of Lisa that could help in the search. Did anyone catch this? I was distracted and missed it.

SeriouslySearching
06-06-2007, 02:28 AM
No, I didn't hear any mention of new news...but caught a blurb of a guy named Mike I thought might be CS's atty. I will watch again later to see what he said tho.

strach304
06-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Lisa, I don't know exactly how accurate the reports are from the beginning but it was reported that Craig got home at 5:40 that day. It was also originally reported that when LE spoke to the children that they confirmed seeing their mother before they went to the store at 6:00. She was gone when they got home. Now the time Lisa left was first reported as 6:30, then 6:15, then back to 6:00. The exact wording reported was that the children confirmed Craig's story which is of course why I believe he first let LE talk to them. Seems to me if he got home at 5:40 he would want to eat and whatever else before doing yard work considering he has a manuel labor type job but he's out there at 6:00.

Of course if this time line is accurate then it stands to reason that if Craig did this it was during the time the kids went to the store and he either hid her in the truck or trunk of her car. Disposed of her that night or on his way to work or had an accomplice that came there or he met up with on his way to work. I don't know if there was an argument that preceded him sending them to the store or he planned it for that hour in time but the petition for eviction issue sent on that very day seems way too coincidental.

Lisa Too
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Strach,

Where did you read that the kids told LE that they saw their mom at 6:00 on 4/30? I just re-read the timeline on this site and here's what it says:
"Lisa is said to have left the house with her purse and cell phone. Craig said Lisa either left on foot or was picked up because her car remains at the family's home. Craig said he was working in the backyard and the couple's children were out of the house during the time his wife left. It was reported Lisa would work out at Plainfield North High School in the evenings fairly frequently."

If this is true, the kids were not home at the time - they were out of the house. I'm guessing they came home sometime after he did the crime and he had to get rid of them to take care of business with the body, and make arrangements for its disposal.

closeobserver
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Someone in this family needs to be the "Denise Brown" of the case and start talking about the white elephant, or 800 pound gorilla, or whatever you want to call it, in the room!!!!! At this point, who cares about hurt feelings. We are talking about someone's life that has apparently been SELFISHLY taken and two children living without their mother and possibly without hope. Certainly without peace!

Put some pressure on this case! Push the cops. Push CS to let his children help solve the mystery of their missing mother. For the sake of argument, if CS is innocent, why isn't he helping the children find closure by helping with this case. Forget the lawyer...the kids should be what's important, especially if you are innocent.

Being nice is not helping anyone but the murderer! I just want to f'ing scream. Meanwhile, the murderer is out there living a free life! I believe the people not talking and not being allowed to talk know enough to break the case.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

crash676
06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
No, I didn't hear any mention of new news...but caught a blurb of a guy named Mike I thought might be CS's atty. I will watch again later to see what he said tho.

I caught it on the news and unfortunately it was much ado about nothing. It wa a video tape from a birthday Criag and Lisa had attended a few months ago together. Lisa was shown smiling and Craig was shown cutting the cake. The main point of the whole story was that the family was making a press release about a $50,000 reward for where or what happened to Lisa. There was no more new info concerning the "meat of the case" Just the reward announcment.

strach304
06-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Lisa, I'll go check some of the earlier media links here and at court tv for the report where it says the kids confirmed Craig's story that she was there when they left to go to the store and gone when they got back. Many people questioned what the kids said so I suppose that's why LE gave that info to reporters. Many of the media reports stated he got home at 5:40 and gave the kids money for candy so that can only be a 20 minute time span.

SewingDeb
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Let's hope the reward will loosen some lips. Somebody saw something.

strach304
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Lisa, I found this one that mentions it off a media link on ctv http://www.topix.net/content/trb/3853154400332658340200748960072775310417

Also some of the links no longer have the story but I did see several posts stating the same thing. I'll look again later because I remember it was LE that stated it. There are so many media links to look through and posts with links. Also glanced at a post on ctv that stated Lisa fixed dinner for the kids before she left but didn't know if they ate before or after going to the store.

Another interesting find was in an early media link I re-read about the search of the Michigan property. LE states that Craig, his father and children were at the cottage the weekend before and we knew that but it says they were laying tile, remodeling a bathroom, etc. Thought he was hunting rabbit or was that deer? :innocent:

Lisa Too
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Strach,

Yes, I read that, too, regarding the weekend before Lisa's disappearance. It's too bad the kids weren't interviewed at length. While CS and JS may have been "remodeling" the cabin, there may have been other, more surreptitious activities taking place up there - like, scoping out a repository for a body. And the kids are old enough to be left alone for a while without a babysitter, so JS and CS could have gone out in search of a secluded and camoflaged spot.

Of course, now with the passage of time, any details they might have had could be growing "fuzzy", and they will only get "fuzzier" as more time passes.

There sure seem to be some conflicting reports out there regarding details of exactly when Lisa disappeared, who saw her, were the kids home at that time or not, etc.

I'm hoping LE has more evidence than they're letting on to!

Lisa Too
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow, big news day today on missing persons: Found one 15-year old, missing a year, ALIVE and under a staircase in a hidden closet; and
found one missing girl, 18, NOT ALIVE, one week after being abducted from a shopping mall - how tragic! But, at least there is closure for both these families.

God only knows if and when there will be closure here. I wait and hope each day for resolution - I'm hoping we're dealing with a psychopathic husband and not some stranger at large, just too close to home for comfort!

We all need to see this case closed.

Cubby
06-07-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm surprised rumor didn't start floating around while the children where still in school, and who they might have spoken too. Friends, teachers that are confidant's...........

Now that school is out, I wonder how closely CS is watching those children and who he is allowing them to socialize with.

Surely the children would voice some of their concerns to their friends. Especially with an upcoming divorce....... Maybe one of them spoke about issues which occured prior to the disappearance which might lead to some clue.

Also, we vacationed as kids in Alpha & Crystal falls MI. My family still does, it is a looooong drive from the Chicago area. I don't think CS could make it there and back after the kids went to sleep and before they awoke for school. It's got to be about a 7 hour drive one way from Plainfield.

fran
06-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I still strongly believe the husband did it. I understand he hasn't allowed LE to talk to the children since the initial contact. I'm wondering why? I mean, he hasn't talked to LE since the original contact and he lawyered up,........but it's because he COULD be the perp. But to NOT allow LE to talk to the kids.................................suspicion in OVERDRIVE!:razz:

I also wonder if he's allowing her family access to the kids? Like, without him or one of HIS family members in attendance to orchestrate what they talk about.:rolleyes:

IF this were my sister or daughter, I would try to get a week long visit with the kids to stay at my house.;)

Oh, and about the weekend before and working on the property or 'rabbit hunting' out of season?!:doh: Guess this would be {proof} of :liar: #1.

JMHO
fran

strach304
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
It's always possible the kids didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary right before her disappearance. I think LE should be focusing their searches closer in to where she lived and was expected to be going as well as his route to work that morning. In his threats to make her disappear do we know if he said never to be found? One of the media links I recently re-read said she wouldn't get anything but would disappear. Anywhere in Michigan would be too revealing of his involvement. The mining pits and waterways would probably insure she would never be found but also look like it would require an accomplice.

With the internet posting and then Joe Stebic stating it was his understanding that she was involved in that internet stuff and he thinks that's what happened. I think it's supposed to look like that's what happened. Where did JS get that info, hmm? What about the guy she went out with a few times a few weeks before her disappearance? I know LE has checked that out but what I'm saying is why isn't Craig and his father harping on that angle? Acknowledgement could indicate jealousy therefore more motive is what I think. This guy can be cleared by alibi, etc. whereas an unknown seems more likely and unable to prove.

fran
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
So, according to this article posted by chicoliving in the 'media threads' page, LE has NOT talked to the children at all since Lisa went missing! Why would the husband refuse to let LE talk to them? What is he hiding?

Soooo, they find Lisa's BLOOD on the tarp in the back of HIS truck and they can't take him in for questioning? Doesn't make sense.

Perhaps the family should just change the reward to say anyone with information resulting in the convicition of anyone responsible for the disappearance of their daughter/sister/mother, they'd get more of a response.
Sorry, at this point, I don't believe there's any 'safe return' possible

JMHO
fran

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279089,00.html

closeobserver
06-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Very interesting article.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

At some point, cadaver dogs were used and made a positive "hit" at the Stebic house. Yet, still not considered a suspect?!

The question I have is, if CS was considered a suspect, could LE talk to the kids?

ocean
06-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Did the interview with the police chief of plainfield seem.....odd. What are they doing?????? So they have info (tarp, dogs) and still no person of intrest??? I know I am just a retired 'Big City Detective' but I am begginig to lose hope for this investigation........

Lisa Too
06-08-2007, 11:41 PM
The lack of action here is starting to get on my nerves. Just how much evidence is needed to take action??? I think it's pretty clear to all concerned who the main suspect is, and yet, he has control over the children and continues to laugh in LE's face!

I'm mortified that this case hasn't progressed significantly yet! What about everyone else?

There's something really wrong with LE in this country when Paris Hilton makes the front page on all the news for her ridiculous antics, and yet, a very serious situation such as this one is struggling to stay in focus! Hellooooooooo LE ----we have a missing mother of 2 and friend to many here! And, this has occurred in an area where these sorts of things are rare! Would someone please wake the justice system up around here?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????? Quit trying to focus on the small stuff and put your energies where they're needed, already!

I'm so frustrated over this case, and my heart goes out to the family and those poor children. God help us all!

strach304
06-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Anybody know if the cadaver dogs can differentiate between humans and animals?

hoppyfrog
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM

From this link: http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

"In one of the searches investigators brought in dogs trained to detect the smell of decaying human flesh."

This suggests to me that the dogs can indeed tell the difference.

strach304
06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
We did want to know if they used dogs and now we know. My theory was that they use the trailing dogs from the house. They can determine how she left, on foot or by vehicle. If they didn't get a scent then she didn't leave. You can bet LE did bring those dogs in otherwise they wouldn't have brought cadavers into the home. No scent leading away from the house only into it. I know they used dogs in the searches outside because there are pics.

ETA: I meant LE brought in cadaver dogs, not cadavers.

strach304
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
From this link: http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/local_story_159190722.html

"In one of the searches investigators brought in dogs trained to detect the smell of decaying human flesh."

This suggests to me that the dogs can indeed tell the difference.

Makes sense that they would otherwise what good would they be. I remember a lot from the LP case but I don't think that ever came up. They even took those dogs out on the water. In LP's case they used a variety of trained dogs.

Wonder if it was her clothes they hit on or was that where he stored her rather than the trunk of the car or in the pick up?

strach304
06-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Can't wait to hear Craig's excuse for this. He stored the rabbits and deer in there. :waitasec:

CW
06-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Plainfield police are searching for Lisa Stebic, 37, who lives in the 13200 block of Red Star Drive. Her husband, Craig Stebic, 41, said he was working in the back yard and their children, ages 10 and 12, were out buying candy about 6:30 p.m. Monday when his wife left.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=2&cset=true

CW
06-09-2007, 05:28 AM
After the Greenbergs spoke with the media, Craig Stebic's father answered the door at 13244 Red Star Drive. He said he was watching one of his grandchildren but had no new information.

I had for got that.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/371847,4_1_JO05_MISSING_S1.article

CW
06-09-2007, 05:43 AM
FIORE: We have not spoken with the children at this point.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../09/ng.01.html

strach304
06-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Windchime, the chicago tribune and Fiore links don't work. The other one is dated May5th.

Any ideas about them going to Iowa? Wonder what's there? Of course the thought of Michigan scares me because I see less of a chance of them finding Lisa if she was taken there.

LionRun
06-09-2007, 04:52 PM

Yes, a skilled dog suitable for the job who is working with a skilled handler can detect the difference between animal and human scent. First, the dog is chosen in part due to its lack of being too, "gamey". Then, during initial and continuous training the dog is discouraged(using positive methods in a humane manner) in focusing or alerting to the scent of any animal except for human scent. There are many characteristics, some physical(athletic, good health, etc..), and many natural behaviors(energetic, ball or toy drive, not dog aggressive or animal aggressive, friendly towards people, dogs with courage, etc..) that search dogs are chosen for.

There are dogs who are trained to search for live humans but who are cross trained to detect and alert to human remains(cadaver dogs). There are also dogs trained only in the detection of human remains(human remains detection dog). There are 3 basic methods of scenting including air scenting, trailing and tracking. Some dogs, usually air scenting dogs aka area search dogs will utilize all three methods depending on what works best for the dog in a given situation.

Bloodhounds typically trail and make excellent trailing dogs at that. They do not track, but it is common for them to be described as tracking dogs. Several other breeds including the German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Labs, and others often make good trailing dogs and excellent air scenting dogs. However, many dogs are not chosen by breed alone. There are mixed breed dogs and atypical breed individuals that may also do a great job. And, each individual is temperament tested carefully prior to training and monitored for suitability during training.

There are also water search dogs. These dogs have been cross trained to air scent for human remains up to about 40 feet below the water's surface. Under water currents can shift the scent from where the body actually is, so it is important to understand how the currents are running.

Really, the bottom line is that a well chosen, well trained search dog matched with a skilled handler is quite reliable, and can even be used as evidence in court.

I have a feeling that LE is on top of this, but that the person responsible has done a very good job of leaving little evidence. I think LE knows a lot more than they are willing to talk about and that they are making a case against the husband as we speak. I think they are making every effort to dot all of their, "i's" before they move forward because they want to be SURE that they have enough to convict him. Sometimes it seems that LE is sitting on a case for no good reason, and sadly that may happen sometimes. But, I don't think that is the case here. I sure hope I am not mistaken, because I really want whomever is responsible for Lisa's disappearance to meet serious justice. And, Lisa's loving family needs to know where she is and what became of her.

Lion

CW
06-09-2007, 06:55 PM
LionRun I totaly agree with you 110% that LE and the prosecutors know's a heck of alot more then what little bit has been leaked out through LE and the media. I truly believe the reason they haven't arrested Craig yet is because once they arrest him their clock starts ticking where as right now they can get take their time and dot all there T's and I's and not be rushed. That is what happened IMO with OJ's case. If they arrested Craig now he and his attorney could demand a speedy trial and that right there alone could cost them a guilty verdict.

LionRun
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
WindChime, you have another good point about the issue of a speedy trial putting a fateful time limit on LE getting there ducks in a row for a solid conviction. I will say that if Craig is responsible for Lisa's disappearance he best meet justice. I will be pulling my hair out if he doesn't.

Lion

strach304
06-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the refresher course LionRun :) I did do a lot of research on the dogs during the LP case and even found out the history of the bloodhounds at that time. The FBI had just started a cross training program around that time that I found very informative. I remember them taking the dogs out in boats during the LP case. That was the first time I had ever heard about that.

What concerned me about the cadaver dogs is Craig's lame explanation of Lisa's blood and again from watching the defense in the SP trial I remember all too well how that evidence can be torn apart by the defense, should there be a trial and that be submitted as evidence. I guess I'm looking for reassurance because I expect another lame excuse that contain more dead animals. Reasonable doubt.

Cockroach
06-10-2007, 11:52 AM
You are so right Strach about resonable doubt. I live in Plainfield and have been on pins and needles this whiole time. We don't want another bumbled OJ.

On the May 12 search, my group DID find the insides of a cell phone along a road. They sent for someone to pick it up, but I have not heard anything about it.:banghead:

Lisa Too
06-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Today's news: http://www.nbc5.com/news/13476532/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Here's hoping the psychic can help the police!

Cubby
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Today's news: http://www.nbc5.com/news/13476532/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Here's hoping the psychic can help the police!

"That development comes as police confirm that cadaver dogs trained to identify dead bodies made a positive hit during a search of Stebic's home, police sources said."

Interesting. I'm not so sure what I think about psychic's. I've met a few who can really tune in, but certainly the minority.

I've been following this daily.

Lisa Too
06-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I've been following this daily, as well. I'm only a few miles from the Stebic's home; being this close to home, I'm riveted by this story. I'm hoping, as all signs seem to point, that the perp is CS. However, there is always an outside chance that there is some other "crazy" out there.

I think this investigation is at the point, however, where all stops need to be pulled out - if that means bringing psychics in, so be it. Whatever might help, at this juncture. The children, the family, the community, need answers. And the perp needs to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Stories like this one evoke fears in all of us - to think that one day you can be living your perfectly normal life, and the next you've vanished from the face of the earth. Very frightening for all concerned, even those that look on from afar.

Cockroach
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I pick up my friend's daughter from the school Lisa worked. I feel soo close to this case because I am going through the exact same thing Lisa is. Living under one roof while getting divorced (why doens't Nancy Grace understand some of us have no choice?) custody battle, AND my soon to be ex is an avid hunter.

OJ and SP were in California. This case does fit close to home for me figuratively and literally. I keep praying for those kids and justice to be served.

Taximom
06-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I pick up my friend's daughter from the school Lisa worked. I feel soo close to this case because I am going through the exact same thing Lisa is. Living under one roof while getting divorced (why doens't Nancy Grace understand some of us have no choice?) custody battle, AND my soon to be ex is an avid hunter.

OJ and SP were in California. This case does fit close to home for me figuratively and literally. I keep praying for those kids and justice to be served.

I think it's hard for some to understand things if they haven't experienced it themselves. I lived in the same place for a few months with my (then)soon-to-be-ex too. I despised what he did to me and our child and couldn't stand to be near him. There just wasn't anywhere to go for a few more paychecks.

Anyway, I hope you are in a safer position than Lisa Stebic was. Take care. :blowkiss:

strach304
06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
That media link about the psychic told where LE is currently searching a construction site in montgomery and silver spring park. I thought I'd do a little snooping on the state park and include links here. What I did find interesting is that they are currently doing reconstruction and restoration on the wetlands and prairies. It does involve plowing and turning the dirt.

Many local posters have suggested the cornfields because of them being freshly plowed and then the corn growing up. The park is on his route to work and I'd think he'd be familar with it since there is hunting and fishing there. Maybe that's why he took the dog?

http://chicagowildernessmag.org/issues/winter2007/we_silversprings.html

http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/LANDMGT/Parks/R2/SILVERSP.HTM

Lisa Too
06-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Strach,

This is a possibility as well. I live near the Springbrook prairie FP in south Naperville; just a hop-skip from the Stebic's home. It is about 2000 acres of natural prairie/forest preserve, with a meandering stream through it. They are currently widening the stream and restoring it to its previous shape; removing trees and turning lots of ground. The body of a man was found here just a couple of months ago - never did hear any more about it, though.

http://www.dupageforest.com/preserves/springbrook.html

Utopia
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Stay safe Cockroach and get out ASAP. Please keep us abreast of your situation so we know you're okay.

CW
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Stay safe Cockroach and get out ASAP. Please keep us abreast of your situation so we know you're okay.

I totally agree Utopia. Cockroach PLEASE sweetie stay safe and always let a family member or friend no your where abouts and at all times keep your cell phone turned on. I'd also suggest having a family member or friend live with you while you remain in the home with your soon to be ex.

Cockroach
06-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts. It should be over soon. One thing I know is there is no way you can go through this under the same roof and NOT talk. I bet he was always in her face and that's why she was trying to have him removed. According to my attorney, that's difficult to do in the absence of physical violence. I tried!!

philamena
06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Have you all seen this today?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280512,00.html

Report: Cadaver Dogs Get Positive Hit in Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic

j2mirish
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Have you all seen this today?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280512,00.html

Report: Cadaver Dogs Get Positive Hit in Home of Missing Mom Lisa Stebic
thanks for the article-:(
this one has slowed way down just like Michelle Youngs case has---:(

philamena
06-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I know j2m.
It makes me sad that these 2 cases can't be solved.

Lisa Too
06-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Today's news: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/423512,6_1_NA12_STEBIC_S1.article

j2mirish
06-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Today's news: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/423512,6_1_NA12_STEBIC_S1.article
thanks LT-- I would try anything at this point too :o

closeobserver
06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know how long LE can hold on to the two cars and other confiscated possessions without naming CS a suspect?

Lisa Too
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
CloseObserver,

Are you saying that LE still has the vehicles, computers, etc. that were confiscated? Wow, I would think that, if nothing were found, they'd have to return them by now. (If they haven't, does that imply they've found something and are holding for evidence in a trial, as soon as they've got enough evidence to hang him?)

fran
06-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear a public statement from Craig Stebic or his, ehhh....side of the family with regard to this cadaver dog "hit." Wonder what the excuse would be for that? :(

Has CS gone out looking for his poor lost wife? Or is he still holed up in his home afraid to answer the phone?

Where is Craig Stebic these days? Is he still hiding from the press? Is he still refusing to talk to LE? Has he paid his attorney fee?:doh:

JMHO
fran

philamena
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Personally, I'd like to hear a public statement from Craig Stebic or his, ehhh....side of the family with regard to this cadaver dog "hit." Wonder what the excuse would be for that? :(

Has CS gone out looking for his poor lost wife? Or is he still holed up in his home afraid to answer the phone?

Where is Craig Stebic these days? Is he still hiding from the press? Is he still refusing to talk to LE? Has he paid his attorney fee?:doh:

JMHO
fran

Let's see, he'll say something like the cadaver dogs hit because he left raw hamburger meat in the kitchen or he left fishing bait somewhere. This guy makes me sick. IMO he did something to Lisa.

j2mirish
06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know how long LE can hold on to the two cars and other confiscated possessions without naming CS a suspect?

Good question, I dont know the answer,

dh says he thinks they can as long as they want to-

chicoliving
06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
No Word Yet If Bones Are Human Remains

Plainfield police investigating the disappearance of Lisa Stebic arrived at a state park in Kendall County, where searchers have found three bones after Stebic's family called them on the advice of a psychic.

It is not yet known if the bones are human bones, much less Stebic's.

CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports that friends and co-workers of Lisa Stebic recently hired a psychic to help them in their search for the Plainfield mother who has been missing for six weeks.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_163200032.html

Lisa Too
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Based on this story, I pray for strength for the family and friends of Lisa. I do hope there is closure soon. This is just taking too long!

philamena
06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I agree Lisa Too. Prayers to the family.

SeriouslySearching
06-13-2007, 05:27 AM
No Word Yet If Bones Are Human Remains

Plainfield police investigating the disappearance of Lisa Stebic arrived at a state park in Kendall County, where searchers have found three bones after Stebic's family called them on the advice of a psychic.

It is not yet known if the bones are human bones, much less Stebic's.

CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports that friends and co-workers of Lisa Stebic recently hired a psychic to help them in their search for the Plainfield mother who has been missing for six weeks.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_163200032.html

I think it is an excellent idea to bring in psychics to work such cases. It certainly gives them something to go on rather than the nothing they already have. Reputable Psychics are proving to be helpful in a number of cases and should be utilized as a viable source of information. IMO

The bones could turn out to be nothing associated with Lisa, but you never know. Since Craig liked this place and it was close enough, it is worth the testing.

Lisa Too
06-13-2007, 08:00 AM
More about the latest searches: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/425417,6_1_NA13_STEBIC_S1.article

nanandjim
06-13-2007, 01:09 PM
The bones could turn out to be nothing associated with Lisa, but you never know...
I believe that I read that the bones turned out to be those of a deer.

Lisa Too
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I believe that I read that the bones turned out to be those of a deer.

That is correct; here's a link to the report:
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_164072425.html

ocean
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
there is a camp ground by silver springs off of 71 on Van Emmon. It has several bodies of water in and around the property. I have posted the rewards fliers and walked in areas that were torn and hidden. I wonder if there could be a link.....The name ishide away lakes....

Lisa Too
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Search comes up empty: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/427775,6_1_NA14_STEBIC_S1.article

fran
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Too bad we can't get the girl who told us where Laci was. She was right on and that was months before they found her body. Ballenger? or Bellinger?

She was good!

fran

puglet
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Fran, it was Sandra Belanger. She was supposed to have her own website, but every time I checked it it was still under construction. She was right on!

Also, talked to someone today whose husband is working on the Stebic case. They know he did it and are just waiting to pull all the evidence together. She confirmed the blood evidence on the tarp, as well as the cadaver dogs hitting in the house. She also mentioned other evidence (wasn't specific) that hasn't been made public. I didn't want to ask too much and put her on the spot. She was adament that they knew he did it and think he had help. I asked her if they thought his father was involved and she just smiled.

fran
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Fran, it was Sandra Belanger. She was supposed to have her own website, but every time I checked it it was still under construction. She was right on!

Also, talked to someone today whose husband is working on the Stebic case. They know he did it and are just waiting to pull all the evidence together. She confirmed the blood evidence on the tarp, as well as the cadaver dogs hitting in the house. She also mentioned other evidence (wasn't specific) that hasn't been made public. I didn't want to ask too much and put her on the spot. She was adament that they knew he did it and think he had help. I asked her if they thought his father was involved and she just smiled.

Hi puglet!:blowkiss:

Yes, I thought it was Sandra, Belanger sounds about right. Actually, her site was up for quite awhile. I don't have it anymore, but it was up because I saw it.

I'm pleased to see the case is moving along. It seems to be forming just as I'd hoped. Of course, I also feel the father MAY have had something to do with it. The March case comes to mind here. (Oh,....and there was NO BODY with that case either)

Thanks for the info. I feel better now. Justice will be coming for Lisa. Thank goodness!

fran

puglet
06-14-2007, 11:18 PM
I think she will get justice too. I firmly believe that. I just feel sorry for her children. I will see if I can find Sandra Belanger's site.

j2mirish
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I think she will get justice too. I firmly believe that. I just feel sorry for her children. I will see if I can find Sandra Belanger's site.

she was good.

strach304
06-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Puglet, thank you for the info. It is reassuring. I think Lisa's family will be a better option for the children anyway. I do believe they have seen and heard things that CS may not even realize and I'm sure they are frightened. He probably has told them that she ran off with the guy that she had two dates with, told him she didn't want them, etc. If LE believes he had help I'd like to see them be able to get warrants for his father's vehicle and house which I have hoped for.

The psychic used what she called EVP so maybe she can be found that way.

Lisa Too
06-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Wow, Puglet, that is great news to hear from an insider. I've felt CS's father was involved all along, and I'm glad to hear LE is all over this one. Those poor children - I hope LE breaks the case soon, so they can be in loving, caring hands, and get whatever help they might need.

I am in admiration of the strength of Lisa's family - they have taken the high road and not pointed any accusing fingers or spoken out against CS - they must be very fine people to be able to control their emotions and their tongues in this tragic situation.

SeriouslySearching
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
The psychic used what she called EVP so maybe she can be found that way.
Electronic voice phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon)

This is used mainly in investigations of homes experiencing disturbances which cannot be explained. However, the show on Court TV called Haunting Evidence has used this type of recording in the search for missing people. (Btw...I saw a commercial on Wednesday's show that they will be in Aruba searching for clues to NH's case.)

fran
06-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Electronic voice phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon)

This is used mainly in investigations of homes experiencing disturbances which cannot be explained. However, the show on Court TV called Haunting Evidence has used this type of recording in the search for missing people. (Btw...I saw a commercial on Wednesday's show that they will be in Aruba searching for clues to NH's case.)

Hi SeriouslySearching:

Just curious, as I've been a big time follower of the NH case, who's going to be in Aruba searching for clues? I know Tim Miller and TexasEquasearch are returning with the aid of a man who owns large ships with special equipment. Or, are you talking about the people from Haunting Evidence?

Just wonderin',:)
fran

SeriouslySearching
06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Yes, the people from Haunting Evidence will be there searching for Natalie. I thought it might be interesting to see what they come up with.

soccermom2
06-15-2007, 05:15 PM
On the previews for Haunting Evidence, Lost in Paradise (Natalie Halloway) it shows Carla Baron saying she knows who did it. I can't wait until next Wednesday to watch it!

b_fly27
06-16-2007, 03:04 AM
I just joined the group trying to post information reguarding Lisa. I live in Illinois a little ways from Chicago. My uncle I learned yesterday worked with her husband. According to my uncle. Last year her husband made a statement to the effect of the following.

"If I was going to kill my wife. My father owns a tree cutting business. No one would ever find her."

My uncle also said that he would "snap", over nothing at the drop of a hat.

My uncle did and does NOT want to call and tell the police this. So I did today. I had to leave a voice mail. I didn't tell them my name or phone number. I told them I would call back around noon tomorrow if they needed to speak to me. With this info I thought it might be enough for them to be able to search the equipment, like a wood chipper. If taken apart one would think that it would yield evidence. If nothing else show blood. If absolutely nothing else. I thought they might be able to search records of the places of business he had worked and talk to the co-workers. At least then it might not make my uncle furious that I turned this information in.

Liz
06-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Hi B_fly and welcome aboard! That is some riveting information you posted. :eek:

I wasn't aware that his dad owned a tree cutting business. Do you know if it's in Michigan or Illinois?

I think most of us that follow Lisa's case have read of those type threats by Craig before. I think he darn well meant it, too!

Glad you joined us!

Utopia
06-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Welcome bfly! Very interesting first post. Good on you for calling LE. Many posters here have speculated that Lisa's FIL was involved somehow, but I think that is the first we've heard about the tree cutting business. I'm having Fargo flashbacks - Yikes!:eek:

I just joined the group trying to post information reguarding Lisa. I live in Illinois a little ways from Chicago. My uncle I learned yesterday worked with her husband. According to my uncle. Last year her husband made a statement to the effect of the following.

"If I was going to kill my wife. My father owns a tree cutting business. No one would ever find her."

My uncle did and does NOT want to call and tell the police this. So I did today. I had to leave a voice mail. I didn't tell them my name or phone number. I told them I would call back around noon tomorrow if they needed to speak to me. With this info I thought it might be enough for them to be able to search the equipment, like a wood chipper. If taken apart one would think that it would yield evidence. If nothing else show blood. If absolutely nothing else. I thought they might be able to search records of the places of business he had worked and talk to the co-workers. At least then it might not make my uncle furious that I turned this information in.

Lisa Too
06-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi all...bfly, thank you for supplying that information. You never know what information might be important to the case. I'm sure you're uncle won't mind if it turns out to be the turning point that puts CS behind bars where he should be! I got chills reading your post. Yes, it does evoke memories of "Fargo". Makes you wonder how anyone could do something like that and live with themselves? Also makes me fear for the children.

SeriouslySearching
06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Hello B fly and Welcome to WS! Tips like those will eventually break this case (and possibly that very tip!) You did absolutely the right thing in calling the police.

Wow! A woodchipper! That does give me shivers down my spine! If he were making statements such as that a year ago...it would prove he had planned this for a very long time. People do not normally sit around and discuss how to kill their spouse in such a graphic manner without giving it some thought first.

I learned this during the trial of my good friend after her ex-husband shot her several times. He had commented about killing his wife to a secretary months before and she waited until mid-trial to come forward out of fear. (Was a true Perry Mason moment.) Her statement alone took his Insanity plea and chucked it right down the drain.

I am certain they will investigate your tip because it sounds quite valid. It could even give them cause for his arrest and the ability to talk to the children (which is what they absolutely need). (I have always been worried about the children and feel they need to be away from CS.)

Way to GO, B Fly!!! Your uncle can just be mad at you if that is what it takes to break this case! He should have been a man and done the right thing by calling himself! (In My Opinion..of course!)

Utopia
06-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Just thinking a little more about bfly's post and the implications. Its seems that LE would probably know about FIL's tree cutting business, I doubt that will be a surprise. Puglet's post hints that the FIL has been under investigation. I think what's important here is the statement CS made to bfly's uncle. Not only does it speak to premeditation, but it could also provide grounds for further investigation (read search warrants) regarding the tree cutting business specifically. While LE may KNOW certain facts they may be limited as to what they can investigate with so little evidence.

Is this making any sense?

strach304
06-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Welcome B Fly :) I agree, good for you. LE needs a starting point on where to look, just that tip alone could be what they need to get warrants to start the process of searching Craig's father's property. LE needs probable cause for a warrant if they want to check his vehicle for instance.

B Fly, have you posted anything on the ctv board? I know the possibilty of a wood chipper came up on this board or the ctv one, I wish I could remember where I saw it. I do remember it vaguely because it reminded me of the case where that did happen. The idea may have come from ctv where the subject of Craig having a meat grinder came up. I will check, if I find it I'll post it here.

fran
06-16-2007, 02:33 PM

b_fly27.........First of all, Welcome to Websleuths! :)

Secondly, WOW! What an incredibly memorable 'first post!'

It has been reported that Lisa told her friends CS had threatened to 'make her disappear.' This fits right in with what you said. A wood chipper. OhMyGosh, how incredibly sick can this guy be?

Of course, do I believe this is a STRONG possibility on what happened to Lisa. ABSOLUTELY! This guy has already shown he has no regard for life, whether it's animal (he kills just for the fun of it) or human, he hasn't asked ONE question or answered ONE question from LE since the intial contact and he won't allow his children to either.

I've read in a news article that the men of this family had 'hot tempers.' I guess their women folk take it in stride and still stand by Craig and say he couldn't possibly have hurt his wife. Are they really, really, really sure of that?:doh: IMHO, they probably know deep down in their heart, looking at his previous run ins with the law where he was hunting animals and just discarding them, he's capable of harming his wife too. After all, she was his property, just like the house, the car, and the kids.

Bless you for turning this info over to LE. I don't think that your uncle will be mad at you. Honestly, would he really want this guy to get away with murder? I don't think so.

JMHO
fran

PS....Oh, if you called LE with a follow-up call, IF you can let us know, we'd appreciate anything you are able to share............fran

strach304
06-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok I was searching ctv's posts and haven't found it yet, there are a lot of posts. Now I remember there were two sites posted that were message boards about Lisa, one was the voyer.com board. I believe the meat grinder thing was started there, supposed to be a rumor that LE took that into evidence. That's what brought up the wood chipper subject from a poster on ctv. I remember saying that even though the idea turned my stomach that if CS used a meat grinder that would leave a lot of mess and extreme evidence. However a wood chipper would be used out of the home and most of us know the basics about that other case where it did happen. I didn't consider it as a possibilty at the time because nothing was said about one existing in relation to this case. Different ball game now.

SeriouslySearching
06-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Is there anyone that lives in the area that could check up on such a business being it is probably only a sign that says, "Mulching done and gives a phone number"? Joe didn't seem to be much of a businessman to me and I would imagine if he were doing treetrimming etc. it would be done by roadside signs and in the cheap newspaper ads. Maybe someone could find the local rag for cheap advertising. Worth a shot!

strach304
06-16-2007, 05:07 PM
SS, that's a great idea. It occurred to me that LE may not have known about it because of that. Very suspicious if that equipment disappeared as well. Anyone remember what area the other case happened?

puglet
06-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Okay, this is really weird -- I drove by CS's house on my way home last night. I just wanted to track the mileage from Walgreen's to their house. There is a huge pile of chopped wood by his garage! I was going to post and ask closeobserver if CS was now a lumberjack.

Also, it would not have been difficult for him to remove a body from that house without being seen. There is a parkway area across the street from the house, so they do not face another home. Additionally, their yard and their neighbor's yards on either side are fenced. The house that sits behind them is elevated a little and does not offer a clear view of the Stebic's back yard.

My theory on this case is that he gave the kids money to go to the store -- it is about a mile and a half -- intending to confron/argue with Lisa while they were gone. He got mad and things got out of hand. He called his dad who said to hide her body until the kids went to bed. Then he met his dad and they disposed of the body together.

I also think LE is watching his every move. I'm sure they have coached Lisa's family on what to say and how to remain neutral until they have everything they need.

What I will never understand is how you could watch the mother of your children die by your own hand and then go on with your life like nothing happened. I hope they arrest him soon and take those kids from him. I truly believe he thinks he won't be caught.

As for the wood chipper, there was a case where a man killed his wife and put her through a wood chipper by a river. They found her teeth, which contained DNA and identified her that way. Then, they examined the wood chipper and found her DNA there too.

closeobserver
06-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Okay, this is really weird -- I drove by CS's house on my way home last night. I just wanted to track the mileage from Walgreen's to their house. There is a huge pile of chopped wood by his garage! I was going to post and ask closeobserver if CS was now a lumberjack.

Also, it would not have been difficult for him to remove a body from that house without being seen. There is a parkway area across the street from the house, so they do not face another home. Additionally, their yard and their neighbor's yards on either side are fenced. The house that sits behind them is elevated a little and does not offer a clear view of the Stebic's back yard.

1. The lumber showed up within the last week.

2. More that that, try driving around this neighborhood around 6 PM. It would have been more impossible for Lisa to have been pulled, or have gotten into a car without someone seeing her do so. The body didn't leave until after dark, or was loaded into the back of the pickup inside the garage with the door closed. The pickup with the blood had a cover over the back so it could have been loaded and sat in the driveway for a couple hours, especially if wrapped in a tarp.

strach304
06-17-2007, 09:31 AM
This whole thing is just sickening. :( If LE ever gets to the bottom of this and CS desecrated Lisa this way what will that do to these children? Especially if Craig's father was involved on top of it?

Why the wood? Is there a fireplace? In the summer you're going to stock wood or am I missing something? Plus having it in front of the house it would get wet, right? Can a local do a search on the property records and see if this house has a fireplace or wood stove?

SeriouslySearching
06-17-2007, 10:15 AM
You don't buy wood in the summer!! Unless they were taking out trees in his backyard (CS has been doing some 'landscaping' so they reported), there would be no reason for it ...even if they DID have a fireplace. Yes, firewood does sit outside and it doesn't harm it to get wet...but during the summer months, it also becomes a breeding ground for rats and bugs. Most people I know wouldn't replenish their supply until late fall due to this factor.

If he wanted to try to "clean" his chainsaw and woodchipper...running fresh trees thru them could help accomplish this...or at least...he might think so anyway. Hmmm...curious.

Taximom
06-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe he makes his own mulch? I don't know, just trying to think of something here...

Does he smoke his own meat from what he hunts/kills?

Utopia
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
snipped...

Does he smoke his own meat from what he hunts/kills?

:eek: Oh gawd I hope not...now I'm having flashbacks to that guy that was trying to barbecue the remains of his murdered wife - eeeewwwww!

closeobserver
06-17-2007, 01:05 PM
You don't buy wood in the summer!! Unless they were taking out trees in his backyard (CS has been doing some 'landscaping' so they reported), there would be no reason for it ...even if they DID have a fireplace. Yes, firewood does sit outside and it doesn't harm it to get wet...but during the summer months, it also becomes a breeding ground for rats and bugs. Most people I know wouldn't replenish their supply until late fall due to this factor.

If he wanted to try to "clean" his chainsaw and woodchipper...running fresh trees thru them could help accomplish this...or at least...he might think so anyway. Hmmm...curious.

IMO, the wood doesn't mean anything. Probably as simple getting ready to go up to the place in Michigan. It is not unusual to sit around a bond fire at night. A lot of other things bug me much more than this.

twinkiesmom
06-17-2007, 01:11 PM
<<Is there anyone that lives in the area that could check up on such a business being it is probably only a sign that says, "Mulching done and gives a phone number"? >>

Since Craig grew up in Highland Park, they had to have had significant (at least middle) income coming in. The mom worked at Walgreen's corporate offices (I believe) but no idea how high up.

There's all sorts of tree trimming businesses in the northern suburbs. Would need at least the name of a city to do the research. Could be anywhere in Cook, Lake, or McHenry counties.

Google only seems to be picking up hits on Lisa's disappearance.

Taximom
06-17-2007, 01:13 PM
:eek: Oh gawd I hope not...now I'm having flashbacks to that guy that was trying to barbecue the remains of his murdered wife - eeeewwwww!

The things we remember...:eek: I had forgotten about that one. Ewwww is right.

Utopia
06-17-2007, 01:59 PM
IMO, the wood doesn't mean anything. Probably as simple getting ready to go up to the place in Michigan. It is not unusual to sit around a bond fire at night. A lot of other things bug me much more than this.

Yes, I agree, not a big deal. My dad lives in cottage country and spends the entire summer chopping and selling firewood to campers and cottagers for campfires. Red herring I think.

j2mirish
06-17-2007, 02:09 PM
snipped by j2m
when you say chopped wood---- do you mean like muclh, tree trimmings, wood for fires, what exactly is it?
thanks

puglet
06-17-2007, 06:29 PM
CloseObserver, I agree with you that it would be difficult getting her out of there around 6:00 p.m. The day I drove by there were people everywhere -- walking, riding bikes, etc.

However, I did think it was unusual to have all those "logs" in front of his house. Most people who do landscaping and use the wood stack it where it isn't so obvious. I guess he could take it to MI, but seems like there are plenty of trees there -- can't imagine why he would haul it all that way.

Do you know if he is working? Do you see the kids out and about? There are many things that bother me about this case too. I say arrest him already and get it over with.

strach304
06-17-2007, 06:44 PM
CloseObserver, I agree with you that it would be difficult getting her out of there around 6:00 p.m. The day I drove by there were people everywhere -- walking, riding bikes, etc.

However, I did think it was unusual to have all those "logs" in front of his house. Most people who do landscaping and use the wood stack it where it isn't so obvious. I guess he could take it to MI, but seems like there are plenty of trees there -- can't imagine why he would haul it all that way.

Do you know if he is working? Do you see the kids out and about? There are many things that bother me about this case too. I say arrest him already and get it over with.

That's what I thought, why haul it all that way? Did he get his truck back? If he was using it for mulch wouldn't it already be chipped up? Puglet and Closeobserver, how big is the yard anyway? Can you tell? I got the impression from pics it's just a yard and a pool would take up considerable space.

Lisa Too
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
My guess is that, if there was firewood in the front yard, it was probably just dumped there by the delivery folks, or whomever, until there was time to stack it. When I had a woodburning fireplace, there were fellows that would come up from Missouri selling firewood, they would dump it in the driveway, then we'd stack it up in the back of the yard. So, it could be something as simple as that. I don't know of a single soul that stacks firewood in the front yard (except maybe in rural areas).

closeobserver
06-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Everyone wants to find something to discuss because the news has slowed to a crawl. Again, I think the firewood is a non issue. But since everyone seems to wonder about it, the wood (logs, larger than any trees he would have had in his yard because the neighborhood is only around 8 years old) is stacked in the driveway, not the yard. It is in front of one side of the garage, but remember, he only has one vehicle now, so he doesn't need to go in and out on the other side.

The wood was probably dropped off and stacked in the driveway, or he picked it up and put it in the driveway, preparing to take it with him up to the cottage. He wouldn't put it in the yard because he would have to move it farther, plus he would kill the grass for no reason. Why do twice the work and kill the grass if he is taking it with him up north?

Or, he may have a Weber fireplace for his backyard to sit around the pool at night with a bondfire. The fire pits are very popular in the area. Many people have them and have wood in their yards.

I want to have news to talk about too, but this is just firewood IMO.

closeobserver
06-17-2007, 10:40 PM
sorry for the double post. Thought the first one didn't take.

Lisa Too
06-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I agree, CloseObserver. Probably just firewood for the fireplace or outdoor fire pit. And probably just dumped there until he has time to move it elsewhere.

It's really tough sitting here waiting for something to give. It's pretty obvious to all on this board what happened to Lisa. That makes the waiting game more difficult as LE gathers whatever evidence might have been left behind. Perhaps B'fly's post and message to LE will help - we can only hope so!

I just don't understand what kind of human being can go on living his life after doing something like this! Yes, there are bad people, and then there are BAAAAAAAAD people!

SeriouslySearching
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
It wasn't about the firewood...it was the fact that B Fly mentioned CS's comment about the woodchipper and someone else mentioned JS's treetrimming business. I wondered if the wood was related in some way to either is all.

strach304
06-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Ha! here it is, exactly as I remembered. The link in the post no longer works where the rumor was originally posted and then this poster on ctv brought it there. Thanks to Amy for finding it, I couldn't. I also had gone to the link and read that post but the forum was taken down shortly afterward.

neighborette

You know their are many people claiming to be psychic, just for the money, if they can guess right they can make more money from the publicity. There is also a few special people in this world, with that talent. People always expect them to perform at 100% and everybody on this earth is wrong about something or another at some point in time. I don't think it is way off ! I think its a matter of the right person for the job! Not some mail order/ internet psychic. I have seen first hand some amazing psychic work, you have to get the right person.

So any way I found something about lisa DNA blood on a meat grinder used to make dear sausage on another posting site

http://www.topix.net/city/plainfiel...g-for-3-days/p2

Who knows how much truth it holds, after reading it I thought what would you do ground meat. Feed it to the dog?

strach304
06-18-2007, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=SeriouslySearching;1536812]It wasn't about the firewood...it was the fact that B Fly mentioned CS's comment about the woodchipper and someone else mentioned JS's treetrimming business. I wondered if the wood was related in some way to either is all.[/QUOTE

Yes that was the whole point and since most of us aren't local we have no way to know if Craig's father does have a wood chipper. Craig seemed very confident in making Lisa disappear and she hasn't been found.

SeriouslySearching
06-18-2007, 03:23 AM
He seems a bit too confident? YES! His divorce attorney presenting that Lisa abandoned her children and Craig asking for full custody is far over the line of confidence, I would say.

strach304
06-18-2007, 06:07 AM
I so agree SS! There's so much of a ring of truth to the wood chipper story because it isn't the first time Craig spoke this way. As if he had thought about it and planned it out for some time, yes indeed!

SewingDeb
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
strach,

Your link wouldn't work to the comment about Lisa's blood in the meat grinder. Says page not found.

strach304
06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
strach,

Your link wouldn't work to the comment about Lisa's blood in the meat grinder. Says page not found.

Ha! here it is, exactly as I remembered. The link in the post no longer works where the rumor was originally posted and then this poster on ctv brought it there. Thanks to Amy for finding it, I couldn't. I also had gone to the link and read that post but the forum was taken down shortly afterward.

neighborette

You know their are many people claiming to be psychic, just for the money, if they can guess right they can make more money from the publicity. There is also a few special people in this world, with that talent. People always expect them to perform at 100% and everybody on this earth is wrong about something or another at some point in time. I don't think it is way off ! I think its a matter of the right person for the job! Not some mail order/ internet psychic. I have seen first hand some amazing psychic work, you have to get the right person.

So any way I found something about lisa DNA blood on a meat grinder used to make dear sausage on another posting site

http://www.topix.net/city/plainfiel...g-for-3-days/p2

Who knows how much truth it holds, after reading it I thought what would you do ground meat. Feed it to the dog?

puglet
06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
In my opinion, which I am entitled to, I think there is more to the wood and the wood chipper story. You do not stack wood/logs in front of your house, blocking one side of your garage in the middle of summer. If they were cut down in the back yard, then why not leave them there for a fire pit? Why would someone haul that much wood/logs to MI in a pickup, weighing it down when gas prices are so high and you supposedly have no income? It may not mean anything, but it is pretty damn weird.

Also, most associations in this neighborhood are very strict about what can and cannot be in the front yard -- such as, no boats, no "PODS" for over 24 hours -- we can't even leave the brown bags we put our grass clippings in out in front unless it is trash day.

I can't tell anything about his backyard. It is fenced, but looks to be a normal lot size. The front yard is small.

Lisa Too
06-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Puglet,

I doubt that those logs were cut from trees in his yard. The neighborhood is relatively new and any trees are barely more than twigs. Those logs had to be delivered, if they look anything like firewood. Maybe Daddy Dearest delivered them? If they don't have a fireplace, maybe there is a Mexican chiminea in the yard?

I am just sick over this whole situation - why don't they get this guy, already???

strach304
06-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Bfly, do you remember if your uncle said Craig told him that a year ago or last year? It's been reported that Lisa told him she wanted a divorce in December. I doubt that he had no clue his wife wasn't happy with him until December. How would one even start a conversation with a co-worker about how they would kill their wife? He must have had this plan well beforehand.

closeobserver
06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
In my opinion, which I am entitled to, I think there is more to the wood and the wood chipper story. You do not stack wood/logs in front of your house, blocking one side of your garage in the middle of summer. If they were cut down in the back yard, then why not leave them there for a fire pit? Why would someone haul that much wood/logs to MI in a pickup, weighing it down when gas prices are so high and you supposedly have no income? It may not mean anything, but it is pretty damn weird.

Also, most associations in this neighborhood are very strict about what can and cannot be in the front yard -- such as, no boats, no "PODS" for over 24 hours -- we can't even leave the brown bags we put our grass clippings in out in front unless it is trash day.

I can't tell anything about his backyard. It is fenced, but looks to be a normal lot size. The front yard is small.

I don't disagree with you that a wood chipper may have been involved...who knows. And I don't disagree with you that it is a little weird to stack logs in your driveway for an extended period of time, although I don't consider this to be an extended period yet. (Perhaps he is just a bit lazy and hasn't moved it yet, or again, maybe he is taking it.)

I can tell you though, that the wood in the driveway likely has nothing to do with a wood chipper. The logs are too large to run through a chipper. And the logs didn't come from his back yard, or his yard at all. They definitely came from outside the neighborhood and delivered by either himself or someone else. Also, it is not entirely weird to get a log delivery in the summer. I once got a half a cord of logs in the summer because someone chopped down a tree and the price was right. Maybe he got it for free. I've also got wood for free before when a friend cut down a tree and he didn't want to pay to have it hauled away. Many possibilities on the wood.

I can also tell you that there is no association in Nature's Crossing (which is the neighborhood C.S. lives in, not Walker's Grove as some of the articles state). It is not at all unusual in this neighborhood to have gravel, sand, mulch, bricks, and other landscaping items delivered in the driveway and left for a period of time. While there is no association, Plainfield ordinances say you can't put your garbage, or lawn bags out until the day of pick-up, but that is pretty much ignorded. People leave lawn bags out here from weekend work until Thursday pick-up...4-5 days.

Here are the things that bother me the most:
1. Lisa's family is so quiet. Where's the Denise Brown (OJ case)
2. Why is nobody pressuring the Plfd Police to make progress, or at least criticizing the case and lack of progress?
3. Why can't they find a way to talk to the kids? (I understand the legality issue, but what circumstance, i.e., being named a person of interest, would allow the Police access.
4. Why isn't CS, or anyone in his family trying to help solve the mystery?
5. Why can't anyone confirm if J.S. actually owns a tree service business?
6. What happened to the FBI? Are they still working on the case?
7. Can the police or FBI confirm if it was Lisa's blood on the tarp? So far, the only confirmation was from an un-named source of someone working on the investigation...i.e. an unofficial leak.
8. How are those poor kids coping? Are they getting counseling?
9. How long until the house goes into foreclosure? What additional impact is that going to have on the kids? Will they then move in with J.S.?

SeriouslySearching
06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
All very excellent questions, Close! Wish we had more answers.

Lisa Too
06-19-2007, 10:19 PM
This is so sad, not much happening on this case (at least, not that we are aware of). It seems so cut and dry - CS did it! Why the long wait? Those poor children! This is awful! We really need a break here.

ocean
06-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Lisa Too, I agree why the long wait? We must stay strong. Keep printing flyers, talking to anyone who will listen, and those who wont, write letters to the press. Letters to the mayor of plainfield, and the police chief asking for updates. These I believe are things we can do to keep the search alive.

Lisa Too
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
In the news today: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/435113,6_1_NA20_STEBIC_S1.article

OMG, this article would lead you to believe that CS isn't under suspicion anymore! Either that, or they just don't have enough evidence to nab him!

Dena
06-20-2007, 10:41 AM
strach,

Funny, my mother and I were talking about this over the weekend, and in the past I have compared CS to my stepfather.
My stepfather had an industrial strength meat grinder and would comment on how it could grind up bones. My mom always said if she comes up missing to check the meat grinder for her DNA. (no joke)
Did the Stebics have a dog?

strach304
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Doesn't sound that way to me Lisa. The article is making it clear that they both had access to the computer and with the fees LE are paying that's an angle they are investigating. They want to see what else they can find and just maybe they can prove Lisa didn't post that ad by getting the time and date and proving Lisa was else where when it was done and if it was placed from that computer.

ETA: Remember SP researching tides and currents for S.F. Bay?

Lisa Too
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Doesn't sound that way to me Lisa. The article is making it clear that they both had access to the computer and with the fees LE are paying that's an angle they are investigating. They want to see what else they can find and just maybe they can prove Lisa didn't post that ad by getting the time and date and proving Lisa was else where when it was done and if it was placed from that computer.

ETA: Remember SP researching tides and currents for S.F. Bay?

Good points, Strach. That's an angle I hadn't thought of. But it could mean that they've come up empty on evidence, too.

SeriouslySearching
06-21-2007, 05:41 AM
It is just sad they don't have anything to move this case forward with. I hope LE hasn't put this on a back burner and are waiting on CS to mess up. <sigh>

strach304
06-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm still optimistic about LE in this case. We didn't know they got the blood sample off of the tarp in the beginning. That news wasn't released until the results came back.

The latest article states they are checking the computer and looking at videos so I don't think it's on a back burner at all. They can investigate many things while waiting on forensics.

j2mirish
06-21-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm still optimistic about LE in this case. We didn't know they got the blood sample off of the tarp in the beginning. That news wasn't released until the results came back.

The latest article states they are checking the computer and looking at videos so I don't think it's on a back burner at all. They can investigate many things while waiting on forensics.

and behind the scenes

closeobserver
06-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Article title seems to indicate new evidence, but reading the article, I'm not clear if they are just retesting stuff previously found. Also, a possible new police search at the State Park.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285473,00.html

strach304
06-22-2007, 06:36 AM
I am posting a link to the slideshow of pics that were taken early on in this case, with commentary. Possibly this is what LE is reviewing on the videos.

http://www.nbc5.com/slideshow/family/13250522/detail.html

Image 45 depicts what looks like a burn on Craig's right pinky.
Image 15 shows his right hand in his pocket.
Image 29 partial right hand, can't see the pinky.
Images 30 and 50 on Zach's head. right hand and left. Can LE get these from media and have them enhanced or shown larger to reveal the pinky and look for anything on the left hand?
Image 33 also shows the side of his right hand. Can't see the pinky.

The only image that's clear is 45. I think it looks more like a burn or popped blister rather than a cut or scar because of the way the inside area of the wound looks. Anybody else notice anything when you study those pics?

Lisa Too
06-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I am posting a link to the slideshow of pics that were taken early on in this case, with commentary. Possibly this is what LE is reviewing on the videos.

http://www.nbc5.com/slideshow/family/13250522/detail.html

Image 45 depicts what looks like a burn on Craig's right pinky.
Image 15 shows his right hand in his pocket.
Image 29 partial right hand, can't see the pinky.
Images 30 and 50 on Zach's head. right hand and left. Can LE get these from media and have them enhanced or shown larger to reveal the pinky and look for anything on the left hand?
Image 33 also shows the side of his right hand. Can't see the pinky.

The only image that's clear is 45. I think it looks more like a burn or popped blister rather than a cut or scar because of the way the inside area of the wound looks. Anybody else notice anything when you study those pics?

Strach, I agree that looks like a blister from a burn on his right pinky. What are you thinking about that?

ocean
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
wasn't cs a pipe fitter. Is welding involved. will that be his next explanation.????? perhaps footage that was taken and is not available to us may have more options

Lisa Too
06-22-2007, 10:34 AM
wasn't cs a pipe fitter. Is welding involved. will that be his next explanation.????? perhaps footage that was taken and is not available to us may have more options

Very possible, Ocean. Don't know if you've seen this article, but it looks like LE is trying to hang CS. 'Bout time!!!
:loser: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/stebic/438042,6_1_na21_stebicweb_s1.article

strach304
06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't think pipe fitters weld but I did consider that and he also was at the cabin the weekend before so he has many excuses for it so it really proves nothing. It is mysterious if it came up during the time Lisa disappeared and couldn't logically be tied to his job at Dial. It may lead LE to a clue for the method of disposal is what I'm thinking.

I enhanced the pic as well as zoomed in and out and I think it's a burn or blister.

crash676
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't think pipe fitters weld but I did consider that and he also was at the cabin the weekend before so he has many excuses for it so it really proves nothing. It is mysterious if it came up during the time Lisa disappeared and couldn't logically be tied to his job at Dial. It may lead LE to a clue for the method of disposal is what I'm thinking.

I enhanced the pic as well as zoomed in and out and I think it's a burn or blister.

A pipefiter is a welder and I know from first hand experience because I have three brothers who are Union pipefitters in Chicago and two that are boilermakers. Unfortunately weld burns are an every day occurence in their lives. My brother hands are constantly blistered.

strach304
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
My ex was a welder and he worked with pipe fitters so I didn't know if they were classified as seperate occupations elsewhere. He constantly had burns. I'm sure I saw someone post here early on about pipe fitters welding. I had researched Dial Corp. early on and posted about their bolier system because I thought that was Craig's position there and may be a way of getting rid of her.

ocean
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Lia Too, I sure hope they are gathering enough to hang him, .....I want so to be at the public linching!!!

Dryad
06-22-2007, 06:52 PM
I just heard a lead commercial on the NBC news here in Chicago that they have new information to be aired tonight. It said "Police give us some new information about who the new person of interest is" and other clues that are adding up.

I have to wait until 10:00?

SewingDeb
06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I just heard a lead commercial on the NBC news here in Chicago that they have new information to be aired tonight. It said "Police give us some new information about who the new person of interest is" and other clues that are adding up.

Please let us know what you hear! This may not make the national news.

Lisa Too
06-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Darn! I missed the news tonight. We have out of town company; please fill us in! I checked nbc5.com and there is nothing there about the case!

Lisa Too
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Lia Too, I sure hope they are gathering enough to hang him, .....I want so to be at the public linching!!!

That makes two of us!

SeriouslySearching
06-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Can we get an update now?!?!?! I am anxious to hear more on this myself!!! Anyone?!?!?!?!

closeobserver
06-23-2007, 09:46 AM

Is it possible you confused the headline with this story... the Vaughn case:

We have another gruesome story close by, within a few miles, of an entire family shot. All dead except the dad. He claims that he had to pull off the highway to tighten a loose luggage rack, but he pulled not only off the highway, but down a frontage road, and off the frontage road into some bushes. Then he claims his wife shot him in the leg, then he ran while she shot and killed the rest of the family and herself. When he came back, he saw them all dead, but he didn't immediately call 911. Instead, he laid on the side of the road to get the attention of a passerby.

Now he admits to having a recent affair on a business trip. Sounds pretty easy to dot the i's on this one, unlike poor Lisa where they can't find her body.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13539818/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Dryad
06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
The search for Lisa Stebic (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/stebic/index.html)
Expert says husband likely is main suspect (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/stebic/index.html)
http://media1.suburbanchicagonews.com/nixoncds/image/stebicmissingsign.jpg_20070517_16_35_20_613-100-144.imageContent (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/stebic/index.html) Lisa Stebic, a mother of two, was last seen about 6 p.m. April 30 by her estranged husband in their Plainfield home. Now Cliff Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler, says the case is most likely focusing on Lisa's husband, Craig.

This is all I could find on it today. It does say that Craig is now their main suspect, so that's probably what it was referring to.

SeriouslySearching
06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Pssst! I think his name is Clint Van Zandt. >wink<

Dryad
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Pssst! I think his name is Clint Van Zandt. >wink<

That was a direct quote from the newspaper. :waitasec:

Lisa Too
06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
In the news today: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/441331,6_1_NA24_STEBIC_S1.article

Interest in this case is dwindling.

ocean
06-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Lisa Too....sad to hear this. I believe that it is important for the family to not give up...I know it is very hard to keep the pace, and I believe they have done a more than Wonderful job...it seems like the community is still very energized...I see fresh posters and hear the topic frequently....perhaps it is time for us to kick it up a notch.....

Lisa Too
06-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, Ocean, any ideas? This is terribly sad. This area has sure had its share of newsworthy tragedies lately.

SeriouslySearching
06-24-2007, 01:36 PM
The family should contact Equusearch while they are still in Ohio.

ocean
06-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Lisa Too, I am not sure. I know writing letters to the press and Plainfield officials is one small thing. Keeping the missing posters/flyers printed and hung. I wish I were more creative. The spirit is willing but the mind needs ideas.....

Lisa Too
06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Ocean,

I'm also unsure, but willing to help in any way I can. Unfortunately, I work 12 hour days, 5 days a week. I will do whatever I can. This is a grave tragedy in our community. I live about 5 minutes northeast of the Stebic's home. I want to see closure. There have just been too many scary incidents around these parts, and I have two beautiful daughters that I worry about daily.

This is such a scary world we live in! Whomever did this to Lisa needs to be caught and confined, at the least, so none of the rest of us have to worry.

I've also been through a contentious divorce about 10 years ago. Probably the worst time of my life. But I'm doing much better now, fortunately, and am glad I lived through it all. It could have been me. What a thought!

I pray for Lisa's children; God only knows where my daughters would be had something happened to me! They are now beautiful young adults and getting on with their lives. Thank God for all the blessings he has bestowed on us.

I only pray the end result here will benefit the children in some way.

ocean
06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
No new news, no movement. The silence is.....hard.....

b_fly27
06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
from my understanding, my uncle worked with craig sometime in the last year. From sometime last summer to winter. I am assuming from the way he talked. I called the police back the next day after the first time I called. No one else wanted to speak to me. She said I wouldn't need to call back. So either they are using the info and looking in to others he worked with, or they thought the info was not usefull. Nothing else I can do I suppose. I also posted the info on the local newspaper website, and sent it to other news agencies. No one responded, so that is all i can do?!?!

Cockroach
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Why does LE not seem to care about tips? Makes me wonder if they have given up. This is sooo frustrating!

SeriouslySearching
06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I find it ridiculous they don't take leads seriously in a major case such as this. I think B fly's lead sounds like one they should definitely follow up on! I guess if your uncle had called since he had first hand knowledge, it may have been a different reaction from them, sorry to say. They could just be taking this as hearsay and not specific enough. Hey, you did all you could do! It is their loss if they don't follow it up.

closeobserver
06-26-2007, 07:15 PM
from my understanding, my uncle worked with craig sometime in the last year. From sometime last summer to winter. I am assuming from the way he talked. I called the police back the next day after the first time I called. No one else wanted to speak to me. She said I wouldn't need to call back. So either they are using the info and looking in to others he worked with, or they thought the info was not usefull. Nothing else I can do I suppose. I also posted the info on the local newspaper website, and sent it to other news agencies. No one responded, so that is all i can do?!?!

About the only other thing you could do is rat out your uncle. I don't know the relationship you have with him, but he should be a stand up guy and go to them himself...IMO. As time goes on, if in fact he did use the chipper, more DNA evidence is being wiped away.

Lisa Too
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Yes, this is not the case to be mum on. Just look at the Jessie Marie case. They've already got their perp! Whatever it takes, just do it! This poor woman deserves justice and she and her family aren't getting it.

closeobserver
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes, this is not the case to be mum on. Just look at the Jessie Marie case. They've already got their perp! Whatever it takes, just do it! This poor woman deserves justice and she and her family aren't getting it.

Or, if the police won't check your uncle out, give his name to a reporter from Fox or CBS. They will almost certainly see what they can get

ocean
06-26-2007, 10:33 PM
the press .....such a powerful tool.........

Lisa Too
06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
the press .....such a powerful tool.........

Indeed!

b_fly27
06-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I did send this info with his info to stations. I am wondering if this may be info that the police already had. Maybe they have someone with first hand knowledge already. Guess I have done all I can, although it leaves me feeling less than satisfied. What can ya do though, you know?

SeriouslySearching
06-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I did send this info with his info to stations. I am wondering if this may be info that the police already had. Maybe they have someone with first hand knowledge already. Guess I have done all I can, although it leaves me feeling less than satisfied. What can ya do though, you know?

Maybe then it will just take time if you gave them all the pertinent info. Sometimes we feel it takes forever and is going nowhere...then it all comes together for them. If you did everything you can do...then you have to wait for whatever happens and feel like you were doing the right thing no matter what. At least, you know in your heart you did the right thing for Lisa.

closeobserver
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Here is a depressing fact from an MSNBC article recently:

"It appears that Craig has moved on with his life, perhaps waiting for Lisa's disappearance to "blow over," so to speak. There are currently 1,200 missing adults on file in Illinois and 50,000 on file across the country with the National Center for Missing Adults."

For the rest of the article, here is the link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19338684/page/2/

:banghead: I'm not trying to make people give up hope, I guess I'm just looking for encouragement myself.

ocean
06-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Lousy news....However the difference can be made by maintaioning hope and never giving up. Never stop looking, never hesitate to mention Lisa's name at a gathering and keep passionate in the pursuite......Her family has proven their dedication and so to the Plainfield community.....this dedication can not waiver....I know it takes incredible strength, but as a retired LEO I know that persistance makes the difference....there may be 1200 missing in Illinois, but we need to focus on the one we have embraced Lisa, not a statistic, but a person.....when we bring her home we can turn this passion to the others.....

ocean
06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Just read on the Lisa Stebic web site. They are looking for volunteers for a search of silver spring state park on Sat July 7 from 9-2.

closeobserver
06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Just read on the Lisa Stebic web site. They are looking for volunteers for a search of silver spring state park on Sat July 7 from 9-2.

Do you suppose Craig is going to help?

micaelasmama
06-28-2007, 02:40 PM
i doubt it, he wasnt at the other search! i think i am going to go and help search again. they are also holding a pancake breakfast and looking for volunteers for that.....i got an email about it from melanie greenberg!

ocean
06-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Ha ha ha your kiddin right, unless he desires to lead us in the.......opposite directionhttp://websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

strach304
06-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Thanks Ocean, I haven't been to her site in a few days. I am so glad to see they are going to do more searches. I hope they have reasons other than the psychic to search that area. I know it's so hard to determine where to look when there are so many possibilities. I will always wonder if LE checked Dial Corp. until I know otherwise.

Liz
06-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Hoping the pancake breakfast brought in lots of cash to raise the reward fund. Somebody must have seen something and maybe more money will draw them out.

Praying Lisa is brought home to her family!

strach304
06-30-2007, 08:09 PM
BFly, there is a forum for Lisa on ctv boards and I thought I'd mention to you that there were several posters there that had complained about LE not calling them back based on tips they gave. The tips were more of a suggestive nature such as storage units and construction sites in the area. There were others but those two items I did read recent reports of LE searching both. I do know that for certain crimes a warrant can be obtained by LE simply from a tip, even if anonymous to cover the probable cause aspect.

ihadcabinfever
07-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Were the kids allowed to talk to Police or anyone to tell what they might know yet? These poor kids are probably really anxious , How long can he hold out?

Liz
07-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Just realized it's today:

Fundraiser for the Lisa Stebic and Children's Fund: (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/443781,6_1_NA29_STEBIC_S1.article)

Sunday, July 1

What: Plainfield Jaycees is hosting a pancake breakfast.

Cost: $10 for adults, $3 for kids 6 to 12, free for kids 5 and younger

When: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Where: Ira Jones Middle School, 15320 Wallin Drive, Plainfield