PDA

View Full Version : Arsonist setting dogs on fire in Colorodo :(

Casshew
02-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Dog Burnings In Arvada, Jefferson County Investigated
One Black Lab Dies, Other Being Treated At Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital

ARVADA, Colo. -- Somebody is going around setting puppies on fire and Arvada police and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department are looking to see if it is the same person.

On Monday night, around 8:30 p.m., a worker at the Colorado Cinemas Olde Town 14 movie theater on the 5500 block of Wadsworth Boulevard in Arvada found a kennel inside a burning trash bin located behind the building. Locked inside were two dogs, yelping. The worker grabbed a fire extinguisher and was able to put the fire out but it was too late for one of the puppies.

The animal had been burned beyond recognition, police said.

One 8-week-old black lab survived and was taken to Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, where she is being treated for burns to her face and paws and smoke inhalation. Doctors expect her to make a complete recovery.

Both dogs' mouths and paws had been bound with duct tape.

Englewood police say the puppies and the kennel were stolen from the Colorado Humane Society Shelter, at 2760 S. Platte River Drive, on Monday night. The Humane Society's director said the burglar broke a rear window to gain access inside the Englewood building and to steal four dogs.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department is also looking for a man who set one dog on fire and may have tried to do harm to two other dogs.

A worker at the Bally's Health Club on Bowles Avenue near Southwest Plaza said he was walking outside, around 11:30 p.m., when he smelled something burning. At the back of the gym he spotted a small dog on fire in the stairwell.

The dog had its legs bound and a fire accelerant had been poured on it, Jefferson County spokesman Jim Shires said.

The worker said that he noticed a man, standing on top of the stairs, holding two other dogs. When the man saw that he was spotted, he dropped one of the dogs and ran away with the other dog. The dog in the stairwell was left at the scene, where it died.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=26299

sansoucie
02-19-2004, 06:56 PM
The sick SOB taped them??!! He just got off on seeing them suffer..... kill him. Next it will be kids. They're helpless, too.

CarolinaGirl
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
That is incredibly upsetting! What a sicko, to do that to defenseless animals!!!!

Kim Ii
02-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Reading this just makes me sick to my stomach. What the hell's wrong with this guy? Someone ought to bind him up with duct tape and set him on fire. I hope they catch this guy and soon. What a sick b@#stard.

bluehawaii25
02-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Reading this just makes me sick to my stomach. What the hell's wrong with this guy? Someone ought to bind him up with duct tape and set him on fire. I hope they catch this guy and soon. What a sick b@#stard.

My sentiments exactly! People who harm defenseless animals need to be put away permanently!

Peake
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Oh this is so sad... I hope they catch this sicko.

Pea

Arielle
02-20-2004, 10:33 AM
STep one on the way to becoming a serial killer.

Quincy
02-20-2004, 11:28 AM
They have a video surveillance tape of a man in a drugstore at the counter paying for a flammable liquid. If this is the guy, I hope they stop this sick SOB before any more innocent dogs are tortured killed. How would HE like it if his mouth was taped shut and he was put in an enclosed space and set on fire!!??!!??

You can watch the video here:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2856894/detail.html

sansoucie
02-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Quincy, I dunno how he'd like it, but ya wanna catch him with me and find out?? ;)

Cupcake
02-20-2004, 11:51 AM
This is just horrible ... I say when they catch him, they ought to do the same to him - eye for an eye!

I'll help catch the son of a ... well, okay ... gun!

mindys
02-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Grrrr. I hope they get him/her/them.

Someone who can do this, could do anything and will. We need this 'person' off the streets.

mommyd
02-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh that is just so sad. I sure do hope they can catch whoever did this. :(

d

SieSie
02-24-2004, 11:38 AM
I truly cannot fathom how anyone could possibly do this to another living thing! I feel sick, those poor defenseless puppies. An eye for an eye seems almost too good for this psychopath.

PrayersForMaura
02-24-2004, 05:13 PM
this totally brings tears to my eyes and makes me sick!!!!!
I hope they catch the SOB and set his you-know-what on blazing fire!

Quincy
03-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Here's a couple of articles on it...

He's 19!!!!!!!! ID'd by a woman who saw the video surveillance.
Sick bastard!
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E53%257E1994825,00.html

This article talks about him being a dog owner. Sounds like he's definitely the one who did it.
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E53%257E1997435,00.html

bluehawaii25
03-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks Quincy for providing this update! So glad to hear this SOB is off the streets (for the time being). I wonder what Colorado's laws are regarding animal abuse. In most states, unfortunately, crimes against animals bring very little jail time. It just infuriates me how lax state laws are against hurting/killing defenseless animals. This guy, at 19, obviously is extremely disturbed and IMO doesn't belong back out in society.

Arielle
03-05-2004, 03:42 PM
As I said before, both arson and animal abuse are two of the stepping stones to becoming a sociopathic serial killer. They really need to evaluate this kid and make sure he gets the help he needs so that he doesn't end up doing something even worse. I mean if he has fun with dogs, what's next? Helpless children?