PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion #4

chicoliving
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Continue here...changed the name to just general discussion so don't anyone freak out or anything ;) :)

SeriouslySearching
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks, ChicoLiving!

I hope the kids are doing well. I guess since they spent time on vacation with Lisa's family...equal time is only fair. Maybe it is good for them to be away and out of state for the moment. It probably is taking a lot of pressure off them. Bless their hearts.

fran
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Has this already been discussed? Sorry, to lazy to go back and check. :)

Anywho! Wonder if Craig knows about this? :eek:

Hope he's sweatin' it!:razz:

JMHO
fran

http://websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1610121

Search For Missing Mom Reaches 3 Month Mark

Lisa Stebic Was Last Seen By Her Estranged Husband

<<snip>>

“We've been to Kentucky, we've been to Indiana, we've been to Iowa, we've been to Michigan," Bennett siad. "We've been all over following up on leads. Our investigation's kind of like an iceberg and the part that's underneath it and we've been working on, we really can't expose to the public."

But Bennett did say he expects to receive important lab results from the state crime lab.

SailorMoon
08-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I wish there would be some news or resolution to this case. This poor woman needs to come home, one way or the other. We hear nothing anymore. Time is ticking though, craigy boy. Wonder the reporter is up to these days??? Whose pool is she hanging out at?

SeriouslySearching
08-07-2007, 12:10 AM
She is probably hanging out with some Senator or Congressman this week. Next week, maybe it will be with a new employer...perhaps the National Enquirer?! LOL

ocean
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Just a reminder re. garage sale this Friday and Sat. Aug. 10&11. More info on find lisa stebic web site. I know that some belive fund raisers are a waste...I am just believing that ANYthing that keeps Lisa's name out there is a plus....hope to see you there

Fran....I believe CS is sweating it....he is living the hunted life....not pleasent. At anytime the axe will fall, his life will be as it should a cold cell......

Lisa Too
08-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Here's something interesting...I went out to www.voy.com/211695/ (http://www.voy.com/211695/) to see what chatter might be out there, and the site no longer exists. Wonder why it was taken down? Yes, there was a lot of B.S. going on, but there was still some interesting information being discussed buried in all that BS. Any thoughts on what might have caused that site to disappear?

closeobserver
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Here's something interesting...I went out to www.voy.com/211695/ (http://www.voy.com/211695/) to see what chatter might be out there, and the site no longer exists. Wonder why it was taken down? Yes, there was a lot of B.S. going on, but there was still some interesting information being discussed buried in all that BS. Any thoughts on what might have caused that site to disappear?

The Voy site got so bad that one of the regulars started a new site. The new site is moderated and is kept clean of 99% of the junk. Eventually, people, including a family member complained enough to the owners of the site and got it (the Voy site) shut down.

The new site is http://pub47.bravenet.com/forum/3952443598/

Many of the same people. One regular poster, Don Z is a family member. He is very interesting, although there still isn't a lot of new information coming out of it.

Lisa Too
08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks, CO. That site was, indeed, out of hand and needed to be cleaned up!

SeriouslySearching
08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I think it is odd that Don Z would prefer to go to a junk site like that instead of here where people are truly interested in the case. I find that in itself very strange.

Lisa Too
08-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I think it is odd that Don Z would prefer to go to a junk site like that instead of here where people are truly interested in the case. I find that in itself very strange.

That is very strange, agreed, SS. Unless he is there hoping that someone will reveal something that would lead to a break in the case. The only other possible explanation is that he doesn't know this site exists, which I doubt.

Cubby
08-10-2007, 01:25 AM
Anyone besides me curious what the kids might talk about when they return to school in a few weeks?

I've wondered if CS will allow the kids to go to the same school, or further try to keep them quiet by sending them elsewhere under the pretense he's protecting them.

strach304
08-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Good question Cubby ;) They get so predictable.

ocean
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't forget the yard sale 8/10-11 9AM-4PM. All welcome lookforward to seeing you there!

closeobserver
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Don't forget the yard sale 8/10-11 9AM-4PM. All welcome lookforward to seeing you there!
I was there and made a donation. How did it go?

I still wish that they would hurry up and bring the kids before the Grand Jury before school starts. It appears obvious that this is the only way they are going to get some info from them. Also, still frustrated that nothing has been said about the infamous "lab results due any day". :banghead:

ocean
08-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Well thanks for being there. I agree it is very frustrating not hearing about any 'lab' results....I do believe that the lab usually takes longer than 3 months....I could be wrong

ByTheBay
08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
I was there and made a donation. How did it go?

I still wish that they would hurry up and bring the kids before the Grand Jury before school starts. It appears obvious that this is the only way they are going to get some info from them. Also, still frustrated that nothing has been said about the infamous "lab results due any day". :banghead:

Hi Close,

When does school start in Illinois?

Yeah, how about thoses lab results. Back on July 30th, it was reported that Chief Bennett expected to receive important lab results from the state crime lab in the coming days.
http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=34446@wbbm.dayport.com

I wonder if there wasen't enough blood to work with. If not; can't they a least perform a mitochondrial DNA to see if it matches Lisa's mothers' DNA. Man, this waiting is a bummer. I can only imagine how it is for the family......

closeobserver
08-16-2007, 09:53 PM
I thought I'd share a post I did on another forum under the name Someone because it got over 2300 views, and it was copied to another forum with a large readership: Here it is:

The 800 pound gorilla

I don't know how to put this in a way that won't upset some people, but again, this is a forum and this is my thought:

If an animal that looks like a duck walks through my back yard, quacks at me and then flies away, should I doubt it was a duck because I can't prove it? Perhaps I was wrong. I should just be open minded that it could have been anything, but for me to call it a duck is irresponsible because I have no proof.

There is an 800 pound gorilla in the room. While it is possible that what we think is the gorilla is a fat hairy man, while someone shaved a gorilla, put him on a diet and dressed him up as a person. Maybe we should ignore the gorilla in the hopes that he will become like one of us. But my guess is that eventually the gorilla will display his true nature in the future. And I'm a little afraid of an 800 pound gorilla. Personally, I'd rather see that gorilla removed from the room for the safety of everyone in it. Perhaps I'm wrong. Then my apologies. I'm not above humbling myself, asking for forgiveness, and inviting that person back into the room. I'm sure that eventually that person would realize that, while I was wrong, I was trying to protect the others in the room that I love.

Besides, it's not as if this gorilla is trying to look like a non-gorilla. Sometimes my children lie to me and many times I can't prove it, but I know. I know that the majority of the people that read these posts feel pretty strongly about what happened. I have never said that, without any doubt, I absolutely know what happened. I have always expressed the fact that it is possible I'm wrong, just as when my children tell me they are not lying. I give them the benefit of doubt regarding punishment, but I still have a strong feeling in my heart that I'm right. And my wisdom is usually right.

But I'm afraid of what an 800 pound gorilla may do again in the future. If, again if, the majority of the people are right, we know this particular gorilla would have the capacity to be very calculating and deliberate, could strike from the same room, and not be discovered again.

But I guess I should look the other way and hope I'm wrong about the gorilla in the room. Let's just wait and see what happens because I can't prove that it's a gorilla.

Look before anyone says anything about double jeapordy stuff. I'm not saying let's be stupid and provide a legal hook to be free. But let's at least consider that this gorilla is not even trying to look like he's not a gorilla.

Now if you automatically assume I'm talking about C.S., you are as guilty as I am for making assumptions. I never said that, did I? Anyone that thinks I'm talking about C.S. understands the "gorilla in the room".

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, I'm putting my money on the fact that it probably is a duck. But I could be wrong. That's okay with me because I like my odds. My apologies to the duck if it turns out to be a flying dog, but I can't help feeling what I feel based on wisdom, experience, and the power of observation. While not 100&#37;, it is right more often than not.

closeobserver
08-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Close,

Yeah, how about thoses lab results. Back on July 30th, it was reported that Chief Bennett expected to receive important lab results from the state crime lab in the coming days.

I wonder if there wasen't enough blood to work with. If not; can't they a least perform a mitochondrial DNA to see if it matches Lisa's mothers' DNA. Man, this waiting is a bummer. I can only imagine how it is for the family......

School starts next Thursday

strach304
08-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi Close,

What blood? On the tarp? They already know it was Lisa's. There was a hit in the laundry room from a cadaver dog as well. The problem with what they have in the way of blood as in any case where the victim and suspect live together is that it has to be a large enough amount for experts to swear under oathe that the victim couldn't possibly live after such an extensive blood loss. I have to assume that LE doesn't have that. Under reasonable doubt the defense can say there are many ways to account for her blood on that tarp such as a cut finger and they went camping together, etc. No way to date that blood either. My guess is that there are no forensics in the house or vehicle that can prove she was murdered there. Without a body at this point they can't even prove she's dead. If they had forensics in the house that could prove death then they would have a chance of getting a conviction without the body at least.

ByTheBay
08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
What blood? On the tarp? They already know it was Lisa's. There was a hit in the laundry room from a cadaver dog as well. The problem with what they have in the way of blood as in any case where the victim and suspect live together is that it has to be a large enough amount for experts to swear under oathe that the victim couldn't possibly live after such an extensive blood loss. I have to assume that LE doesn't have that. Under reasonable doubt the defense can say there are many ways to account for her blood on that tarp such as a cut finger and they went camping together, etc. No way to date that blood either. My guess is that there are no forensics in the house or vehicle that can prove she was murdered there. Without a body at this point they can't even prove she's dead. If they had forensics in the house that could prove death then they would have a chance of getting a conviction without the body at least.

I know it was "said by a source" that the blood on the tarp matched Lisa's DNA.

I actually meant "whatever" it was that the dog hit on. LE never specified the nature of the specimen found in the house. I assumed blood.

Regardless of what it is, I still want to hear the results.

strach304
08-18-2007, 01:49 AM
I see what you're saying about lab results BytheBay but even with an arrest LE won't publish that info. A cadaver dog picks up a death scent so lets say he indicated a cloth, some sort of material. It wouldn't have to have blood but that scent. Then there's dna testing to see if it's Lisa's. Then there's the possibility of the dog just hitting on the floor where she may have been placed uncovered. How do they prove it? It's not an exact science anyway and with only the dogs no way they can get a conviction. I just hope they come up with something else and soon.

AZ News Watcher
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1620113#post1620113)

That is very strange, agreed, SS. Unless he is there hoping that someone will reveal something that would lead to a break in the case. The only other possible explanation is that he doesn't know this site exists, which I doubt.

In actuality, neither Don Z. nor the rest of Lisa's family (or those of us who run Lisa's website) knew of this Forum, until the first few week's of August.
It has taken us some time to also obtain passwords, screen names etc in order to respond to your many insights and questions.

Forgive us for responding to the Voy.com folks, first...but they were the only online Forum named off in the Sun-Times Group article, back in July.
That was what introduced us to the world of cyber-discussion (beyond our own family website)..so we have been steadily trying to visit everyone and address all the discussions which concern our Lisa Michelle.

I will re-post here, something I pointed out on the Bravenet News-Discussions Forum, concerning the relationship between Lisa's (family) website...and all of these discussion forums. And why Don Z. and I are now trying to focus/visit each one:

"Lisa's website (FindLisaStebic.com) was created to serve as a "Main Hub" by which information, support and coordination could take place in hopes of finding her/what happened to her.
Support (graphic, media, planning/organization) for those who wish to organize benefits which add to the Lisa Stebic and Childrens Fund...is yet another function.

Most of those who know, love, worked with, lived near Lisa have been working SO very hard to channel their frustration by staging benefits (car washes, pancake preakfasts, garage sales, hair cut-a-thons, raffles, etc) because they know that adding to the Reward Fund is the best way to entice someone to come forward to solve this terrible mystery.

Now, there was a point made about LE being the main & best recipient of solid leads or tips.
This, ultimately, would be the preferable way of furthering the investigation (tip-wise).
But, for one reason or another, there are many individuals who do NOT feel comfortable getting directly in touch with LE....and this, unfortunately, is a truism which spans across the board in legal/criminal settings.
Luckily, anonymous Tip Hotline's and the internet (like these forums or direct e-mails accounts) has opened up several important, for some - more palatable - ways of "floating" salient clues in a crime.
This is why Lisa's family and those who support them are trying to pay more attention, these days, to what is going on within them.
Some would argue that we only have a "Missing Persons" case, here, with Lisa.
But the PPD has been plain in saying - confirming - that they believe Lisa is "missing" not of her own, free choice or will.
This points to criminal activity...which in turns begs the need of someone stepping up and giving information/evidence as to bring an answer to: Where is Lisa Stebic !?!?!
Even the much-anticipated report from the Crime Lab (processing current evidence) can't answer that most important question.

So, once again, the focus must remain on the building up of the Reward Fund, the independent searches, the spreading of the word to places OUTSIDE the Plainfield, IL area...and other possibilities which may lead us to Lisa.

So, please, go ahead..and indulge in as much informed discourse as you wish concerning the case.
Argue the points, follow the Timeline, root out the facts...and keep the need to find Lisa, alive.
Don Z. and I will do everything we can to keep you up with the currently-known facts of the case and try to correct erroneous assumptions being posted.

You just will need to know that both of us have very wry senses of humor...for we have agreed that in order to "keep our heads on straight" through all of this is to choose the grins versus the tears.

Lisa is just this same kind of personality..and it is our way of keeping her alive and with us - in all that we do! "
Email: findlisastebic@gmail.com (javascript:mailto('gmail.com','findlisastebic');)

AZ News Watcher
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Wonder the reporter is up to these days??? Whose pool is she hanging out at?

She is probably hanging out with some Senator or Congressman this week. Next week, maybe it will be with a new employer...perhaps the National Enquirer?! LOL

As stated on the Lisa's (family) website (www.FindLisaStebic.com (http://www.findlisastebic.com/)) ...you have no idea how much Amy Jacobson wanted to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa, on behalf of Lisa's 2 children & family...and how she has helped to spread the word to hundreds of thousands of people of Lisa's disappearance!
She treated Lisa's sisters with exceptional sensitivity, caring and concern - much like the handling of cut-glass figurines. Yet, she was able to extract the most in-depth of interviews with those who love Lisa most.

Amy Jacobson is an excellent investigative journalist and does NOT deserve your derision or cutting remarks.

Someday, the "Truth will Out"...and you will see that you were shortsighted & too quick to upbraid her for her devotion to solving a terrible mystery, the mystery of what happened to Lisa!

strach304
08-20-2007, 06:40 PM
AZ, courttv.com also have a forum on their message board set up for Lisa. That site gets a lot of traffic. The moderator for that one is Coldwater and she has temporarily put it on hold till some news breaks. If you e-mail her and tell her who you are and want to post there I think she would re-open it. I know there are people from the area that have posted on that board.

SeriouslySearching
08-21-2007, 08:55 AM
As stated on the Lisa's (family) website (www.FindLisaStebic.com (http://www.findlisastebic.com/)) ...you have no idea how much Amy Jacobson wanted to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa, on behalf of Lisa's 2 children & family...and how she has helped to spread the word to hundreds of thousands of people of Lisa's disappearance!
She treated Lisa's sisters with exceptional sensitivity, caring and concern - much like the handling of cut-glass figurines. Yet, she was able to extract the most in-depth of interviews with those who love Lisa most.

Amy Jacobson is an excellent investigative journalist and does NOT deserve your derision or cutting remarks.

Someday, the "Truth will Out"...and you will see that you were shortsighted & too quick to upbraid her for her devotion to solving a terrible mystery, the mystery of what happened to Lisa!Sorry, but excellent investigative journalists do NOT take their children to a suspect's home, take their clothes off to don a bikini, and jump in the suspect's pool in order to "extract" in-depth interviews. Obviously, her employers felt the same way or she would not have been fired for it. This not only shows "nearsightedness" on her part, it shows a complete disregard for what most consider professionalism and journalistic integrity. If I choose to make light of the fact she was so blatently irresponsible, I feel it is better than the things I could be saying about her.

Where ARE these wonderful interviews you have mentioned? I would like to know how she went about obtaining them and am quite interested in reading or seeing them. I have not seen any real in-depth reporting in this case unless you count the reporter who went to interview the police officer who caught Craig and his father poaching...which was impressive work, IMO.

However, I am glad you and Don Z have found our site. I feel we ask a lot of questions and bring up valid points for this investigation. We all feel Lisa's disappearance is a tragic circumstance and we would love to see her home with her children. It has been frustrating watching this case from the outside and feeling that LE is up against a mountain in solving it. I have faith that something will eventually happen whether it is through a Grand Jury or some other break in the case. At least, for Lisa, her children, and her family...I pray the answers will come.

Most of us have a sense of humor and fully understand how important it is to "lighten" the heart in dire situations. I think it is quite healthy actually and my family is much the same way.

Welcome to Websleuths! We are very opinionated, passionate, and caring individuals who have one thing in common...we are sick and tired of all the missing children/adults in our country and would love to find ways to prevent this from happening over and over again. If it is trying to enact new laws, start more programs for awareness, or whatever it takes...we want this to stop! We also want to bring home the missing. We honestly do care.

philamena
08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
AZ NEWS WATCHER,
If what you know would blow people away, does that mean that there's enough information to make an arrest or possibly enough to name a person of interest?

AZ News Watcher
08-22-2007, 02:04 AM
AZ NEWS WATCHER,
If what you know would blow people away, does that mean that there's enough information to make an arrest or possibly enough to name a person of interest?

No, no arrests, yet...unfortunately, CBS2 took out a main player to possibly solving this terrible, heartbreaking mystery..before she could get the job done.

All due to professional jealousy on the part of her competitor.

So here we sit, waiting for lab results...and listening to the high-pitch whining of "high-minded" people who obviously have never needed to get their hands dirty...or to dive into very muddy water to save a drowning person.

And, btw, Craig Stebic WAS named a "Person of Interest"...a day after CBS2 aired their first edited piece on Amy, 5 full days after the now-infamous "through the back-window of the neighbors house using an "extender" shots" were taken.

The timing of the PPD's announcement was a complete coincidence.

AZ News Watcher
08-22-2007, 04:02 AM
AZ NEWS WATCHER,

BTW, Philamena...here is the most in-depth article, to date, covering the timeline and developments in the case, up to July 12th, 2007...if you wish to be clear on the facts of the Lisa's disappearance. It was written the day that Lisa's husband - Craig - was named a "Person of Interest":

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_193135404.html

CBS) PLAINFIELD, Ill. In the days after his wife was reported missing, Craig Stebic spoke to a reporter in tears, clutching a crumpled tissue and saying his wife Lisa would never voluntarily leave their two children.

More than two months after an emotional Craig Stebic told reporters about the last time he saw his wife, Plainfield police (on Thursday, July 12, 2007) announced he's become a prime focus of their investigation.

"Plainfield police have narrowed the focus of their investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Stebic and now consider Craig Stebic a person of interest," Plainfield Police Chief Donald Bennett said. But Bennett said the announcement does not really change anything as far as the police investigation goes.

"Right now, we feel we've narrowed it in, and where we need to go is to focus currently our investigation on Mr. Stebic," Bennett said.

Plainfield police say they were led to that conclusion following numerous interviews and countless hours of investigation.

Police had previously been reluctant to name Craig Stebic as the subject of their investigation.

They said Thursday he was the last person who saw Lisa Stebic on the evening of April 30. They also said they believe Lisa Stebic was the victim of foul play.

SeriouslySearching
08-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I don't wish to argue with anyone about Amy or how I feel about the subject. AZ~ I wish you the best in finding Lisa.

I DO stand corrected on one point. Craig is NOT nor has ever been considered a suspect in this case. He was not considered a POI by LE until after Amy's "story" broke. (LE doesn't use that particular terminology "suspect" much anymore until an arrest is made.)

ocean
08-23-2007, 11:13 AM
well talk about 800+ pounds of gorillla....this is the stress that eats at our cores. We all want this case resolved and yes along the way there will be....hiccups....it is not just Lisa Michelle, but all the things that happen when living thru this life event. Emotions are off the scale and life is surreal. Some of us have lived it some of us have lived thru the investigations and the frustration. As a retired leo from a metro area, I hold a piece of each family memeber whose search I could not resolve, in retirement I do not/WILL not give up.....I know the stress,respect it and just want to give HOPE and Strength to those out there looking....I know this for a fact you must never, never lose hope.....so to you Seriously Searching and you AZ news watcher..the search is never easy,the paths differ....know always that people are out here helping, looking in ways that can only bring comfort to you.....wishing you peace
Blessings

TGIRecovered
08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Nice post, Ocean!

Susan

Lisa Too
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
AZ NewsWatcher,

I think you'll find this site refreshing as it seems to me all those here are truly interested and concerned. I don't know if you noticed this on the home page, but here's a link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30199

that might help you and the family to keep the story in the forefront of the news, and keep the search alive. We empathize with you and the entire family, and our prayers are with you all.

Cubby
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Forgive us for responding to the Voy.com folks, first...but they were the only online Forum named off in the Sun-Times Group article, back in July.
That was what introduced us to the world of cyber-discussion (beyond our own family website)..so we have been steadily trying to visit everyone and address all the discussions which concern our Lisa Michelle.

Welcome to WS AZ newswatcher. It's unfortunate Voy was the first site you which introduced you to the world of cyber-discussion. There was so much nonsense going on there, it was difficult to sift through for any worthwhile discussion regarding Lisa. I'm sure you'll find WS has a great group of people and hopefully that crowd over on VOY doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Prayers for you, your family and finding Lisa.

SeriouslySearching
08-24-2007, 12:46 AM
I must say the people here on WS not only have walked in Lisa's families' shoes, but the majority here have caked on mud and muck from standing in the "trenches" of real life crimes. Some have mothers, fathers, children, sisters, brothers, and others missing, murdered, or worse. We aren't "armchair detectives" who somehow live in another reality. We are, for the most part, the survivors of violence and tragedy.

One of my best friends was one of those murdered women by her soon to be exhusband (in prison for life now). We had a bullet-ridden body to contend with knowing he was the one who pulled the trigger and his 6 children are still to this day trying to cope with it all. I was second on his "hit list". My children and I were taken by LE into hiding until he was caught. His violence affected so many people.

I don't know what we will tell his grandchildren someday. Or should I say...our grandchildren.

I don't feel I deserved to have been singled out by AZ in his/her comments and altho I chose not to respond to the majority of them...I want AZ to realize the comments were unwarranted. It would be wise to refrain from making such adverse blanket statements or talking down to us.

We are not like the people on Voy. We don't enjoy engaging in volitile exchanges and thank goodness...it isn't allowed here. So if AZ came here expecting a fight...he/she might be sorely disappointed.

philamena
08-24-2007, 01:09 AM
BTW, Philamena...here is the most in-depth article, to date, covering the timeline and developments in the case, up to July 12th, 2007...if you wish to be clear on the facts of the Lisa's disappearance. It was written the day that Lisa's husband - Craig - was named a "Person of Interest":

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_193135404.html

CBS) PLAINFIELD, Ill. In the days after his wife was reported missing, Craig Stebic spoke to a reporter in tears, clutching a crumpled tissue and saying his wife Lisa would never voluntarily leave their two children.

More than two months after an emotional Craig Stebic told reporters about the last time he saw his wife, Plainfield police (on Thursday, July 12, 2007) announced he's become a prime focus of their investigation.

"Plainfield police have narrowed the focus of their investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Stebic and now consider Craig Stebic a person of interest," Plainfield Police Chief Donald Bennett said. But Bennett said the announcement does not really change anything as far as the police investigation goes.

"Right now, we feel we've narrowed it in, and where we need to go is to focus currently our investigation on Mr. Stebic," Bennett said.

Plainfield police say they were led to that conclusion following numerous interviews and countless hours of investigation.

Police had previously been reluctant to name Craig Stebic as the subject of their investigation.

They said Thursday he was the last person who saw Lisa Stebic on the evening of April 30. They also said they believe Lisa Stebic was the victim of foul play.
Thank you so much for posting the article! ;)

ocean
08-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Glad to see a little more dialog. Points made points taken by all....much pain, a lot of healing needed. A lot can get done working together. I noted that there are a few new fundraisers or keeping Lisa's face out there, events coming up in the next few weeks...see findlisastebic.com.

closeobserver
08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't feel I deserved to have been singled out by AZ in his/her comments and altho I chose not to respond to the majority of them...I want AZ to realize the comments were unwarranted. It would be wise to refrain from making such adverse blanket statements or talking down to us.

We are not like the people on Voy. We don't enjoy engaging in volitile exchanges and thank goodness...it isn't allowed here. So if AZ came here expecting a fight...he/she might be sorely disappointed.

SS, I wouldn't take it too personally. I have been dissed by both AZ and Don Z, but I don't think they mean to. Having been through what you've been through, I'm sure you can understand that they are responding from a very emotional state. Having been thrown into this world, I doubt they have had the time, or maybe even desire, to learn the art of disagreeing diplomatically. It's real easy at this stage to respond to one thing said and not to know the entire position of a poster.

I think Amy Jacobson was very trusted and respected by the family. I also believe that they felt she was getting close to something, whether she was or wasn't. But, she WAS getting C.S. to talk, even if it was only superficial at the time. Judgement on Amy's part, good or bad, and on CBS's part, may have hampered this investigation. I think it taught C.S. not to trust anyone. This is a touchy subject from every angle with strong opinions. But I think the family felt that she had the best shot to get information that the family so badly wants.

closeobserver
08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
SS, I wouldn't take it too personally. I have been dissed by both AZ and Don Z, but I don't think they mean to. Having been through what you've been through, I'm sure you can understand that they are responding from a very emotional state. Having been thrown into this world, I doubt they have had the time, or maybe even desire, to learn the art of disagreeing diplomatically. It's real easy at this stage to respond to one thing said and not to know the entire position of a poster.

I think Amy Jacobson was very trusted and respected by the family. I also believe that they felt she was getting close to something, whether she was or wasn't. But, she WAS getting C.S. to talk, even if it was only superficial at the time. Judgement on Amy's part, good or bad, and on CBS's part, may have hampered this investigation. I think it taught C.S. not to trust anyone. This is a touchy subject from every angle with strong opinions. But I think the family felt that she had the best shot to get information that the family so badly wants.

Sorry, AZ and Don. I'm not trying to speak for you. Just my feeling from all I have read. Even though I have been on the receiving side of some jabs, I respect you and feel for you. No hard feelings on my end. What I have learned over the years is that when sarcasm is used, even in the best intent, it is rarely interpreted correctly in these environments.

AZ News Watcher
08-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Sorry, AZ and Don. I'm not trying to speak for you. Just my feeling from all I have read. Even though I have been on the receiving side of some jabs, I respect you and feel for you. No hard feelings on my end. What I have learned over the years is that when sarcasm is used, even in the best intent, it is rarely interpreted correctly in these environments.

No problem, "Close"...I appreciate your trying to interpret our communiques to those who are not currently standing nose-to-nose with this current investigation ( of our missing Lisa Michelle).
Your assessment of Amy's position was fairly accurate...and her trusted position with BOTH sides of the story.

What is not appreciated (and I will say this with the utmost control and diplomacy) is that any person who lives in a Glass House, shouldn't throw stones....especially towards those people are actually doing everything, sacrificing everything to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa (and protect her children).

Unless you ("Seriously" and anyone else who read this) are standing in our shoes, and our shoes ALONE, in this case - they have no right to make catty, snide remarks...or actually rip into someone who was actually furthering this investigation, to end the agony & pain her children and family are currently feeling.

I, too, was touched by murder during my life (see Moxley/Skakel - Greenwich, CT)...but that does not mean that I know what it is to have my own mother (named Lisa Stebic) missing (probably murdered or, at least, as the PPD/FBI designate as a "Victim of Foul Play"). The same should go for ALL of you.

Whether you like it or not...you all are "Armchair Detectives" when it comes to this case. (Despite what you tell yourselves). Just as I would be if the situation was reversed.

My proximity to Lisa's case allows me to understand many of the more layered-details .... which, I would hazard, none of you have. (Just as I have none of the details of the cases which affected your own lives, respectively.)

If Don Z. or I see that you (or anyone else,here or on other websites other Forums) are putting forth an untruth, a piece of misinformation, an undeserved vitriolic layer and/or accusing innocent people in Lisa's case...you can be assured you will hear from us! This is due to the fact that it is our assigned duty to roam through these many Forums (which are following the Lisa Stebic case)...and keep track of what is being said, put forward the truth (as we know it to be, to this date) in order to protect her..her children, her family...and, yes, even Craig Stebic.

CW
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
No problem, "Close"...I appreciate your trying to interpret our communiques to those who are not currently standing nose-to-nose with this current investigation ( of our missing Lisa Michelle).
Your assessment of Amy's position was fairly accurate...and her trusted position with BOTH sides of the story.

What is not appreciated (and I will say this with the utmost control and diplomacy) is that any person who lives in a Glass House, shouldn't throw stones....especially towards those people are actually doing everything, sacrificing everything to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa (and protect her children).

Unless you ("Seriously" and anyone else who read this) are standing in our shoes, and our shoes ALONE, in this case - they have no right to make catty, snide remarks...or actually rip into someone who was actually furthering this investigation, to end the agony & pain her children and family are currently feeling.

I, too, was touched by murder during my life (see Moxley/Skakel - Greenwich, CT)...but that does not mean that I know what it is to have my own mother (named Lisa Stebic) missing (probably murdered or, at least, as the PPD/FBI designate as a "Victim of Foul Play"). The same should go for ALL of you.

Whether you like it or not...you all are "Armchair Detectives" when it comes to this case. (Despite what you tell yourselves). Just as I would be if the situation was reversed.

My proximity to Lisa's case allows me to understand many of the more layered-details .... which, I would hazard, none of you have. (Just as I have none of the details of the cases which affected your own lives, respectively.)

If Don Z. or I see that you (or anyone else,here or on other websites other Forums) are putting forth an untruth, a piece of misinformation, an undeserved vitriolic layer and/or accusing innocent people in Lisa's case...you can be assured you will hear from us! This is due to the fact that it is our assigned duty to roam through these many Forums (which are following the Lisa Stebic case)...and keep track of what is being said, put forward the truth (as we know it to be, to this date) in order to protect her..her children, her family...and, yes, even Craig Stebic.
AZ News Watcher I believe that you need to take a few minutes and read our TOS Rules here at WS. #1 We do not allow anyone to come to WS and attack anyone of our members. #2 Websleuth is a forum where we welcome debates and each and every member has a right to his/her own opinion and if someone has a problem with that then I think that it's best you remove yourself. You will find here at WS we do not allow a victim nor their family to be attacked or bashed. But we do allow our members to post their opinions and if some believe what Amy did was wrong then that is their opinion and their right as a member here at ws and we are NOT going to allow them to be bashed nor attacked. So do not think you are going to come to WS and tell us how WS is going to be run and what members can say or not say because if that is your mission it's not going to happen. We welcome you here but if you can't respect others opinions then I believe it would best for you to remove yourself from this every emotional forum. I can truly understand the hell that you and Lisa's family are going through hoping and praying that Lisa will be found alive and safe so that she can be with her precious children and family and friends.

ocean
08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
That gorilla is getting bigger and bigger...What about Lisa, anything new? Any new thoughts or ideas???? Any searces planned? I see a lot of upcoming events are planned....great to keep here picture and story out there.

AZ News Watcher
08-27-2007, 12:13 PM
AZ News Watcher I believe that you need to take a few minutes and read our TOS Rules here at WS. #1 We do not allow anyone to come to WS and attack anyone of our members. #2 Websleuth is a forum where we welcome debates and each and every member has a right to his/her own opinion and if someone has a problem with that then I think that it's best you remove yourself. You will find here at WS we do not allow a victim nor their family to be attacked or bashed. But we do allow our members to post their opinions and if some believe what Amy did was wrong then that is their opinion and their right as a member here at ws and we are NOT going to allow them to be bashed nor attacked. So do not think you are going to come to WS and tell us how WS is going to be run and what members can say or not say because if that is your mission it's not going to happen. We welcome you here but if you can't respect others opinions then I believe it would best for you to remove yourself from this every emotional forum. I can truly understand the hell that you and Lisa's family are going through hoping and praying that Lisa will be found alive and safe so that she can be with her precious children and family and friends.

We do not seek to bash or attack, WindChime...we seek to correct inaccuracies and mistruths. "Personal Opinions" hide and often perpetuate this misinformation.
Amy sacrificed her job (and perhaps her career) in trying to get to the bottom of what happened to our missing loved one...and it is we who do not appreciate such a dedicated & truly innocent individual to Lisa's cause being attacked.
If the members of this website (which was, presumably, founded in trying to help solve these terrible tragedies concerning women who are innocent victims in horrendous crimes) choose to not hear directly from & pose info-seeking questions of two main members of the team involved in the case you are all discussing...then it is a tragedy, indeed.
It indicates that you are, perhaps, no more than a cyber-coffee clutch..and not a group of well-meaning, supportive individuals truly dedicated to solving Lisa's disappearance.
You are correct, though ...that we, Lisa's family and the FLS Team, are standing, currently, in a VERY HOT KITCHEN...and emotions always run high in this type of situation.
But all of you have also been given a rare and unusual opportunity...and that is to have a direct-connect to two people who are directly associated with the victim, you are all discussing.
Don Z is Lisa's cousin...and I am the reason that any of you have actually ever even heard of the woman named Lisa Stebic.
I propose that we all start from a "clean slate"...now that I put forth the truth surrounding Amy Jacobson & her dedication to Lisa, Lisa's children and Lisa's story (as we know it to be...and how personally offended we were to read many of your members' comments)...and ask that any inference/remarks to Amy belonging at the National Enquirer or any other sensationalistic publication be kept in a file cabinet or popped into a wastebasket where it belongs.
You are all welcome to pose questions, double-check timelines, compare other cases which bear similarities to Lisa's case...with us.
My work with the CBS Network's 48 Hours Mystery program (concerning Lisa's disappearance) has led me/us to examine many of those similar criminal cases which could help us solve this one.
Perhaps you would all like to put forth, from your own experiences - the facts of your own individual cases - any hard, comparitive information which would assist us solve this case of our missing loved one.
We are not looking for psychic information...rather, real-life information which will yield us some answers.
To answer Ocean's question: There are no organized, official searches planned at this time. We are awaiting, as you all are aware, for the FULL picture of labwork to be processed from the PPD/FBI raid in May.
Once we have more leads, another official search is possible.
There are several smaller groups who are initiating their own searches, based on psychic intuitions. They are proceeding on their own recognizance...not with official approval, but with gratitude from Lisa's family ( on the understanding they not trespass on private property, they do not disturb possible criminal evidence and, above all, remain safe!)

AZ News Watcher
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Apparently we are not what you are looking for in a forum... we've never claimed we were here to solve crimes or find missing persons, though that has been a side benefit in some cases for this community. This is a DISCUSSION forum...

We're all entitled to our opinions and that includes our opinions on Lisa, Craig, Amy and any and all people associated with this case.

I'm sorry you expect much more from this community than we obviously give... but our "cyber-coffee clutch" are just fine with the way things are.

We weren't "looking" for anything, MagicRose....we are actually operating in a "Responding" mode to what was/is expected from us, as representatives of Lisa's family.
Members of your site wondered who we were and why we weren't posting here, if we were commenting on another site (which we only became aware of, when it was printed up in a Sun-Times newspaper publication):
__________________________________________________ ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1620113#post1620113)

That is very strange, agreed, SS. Unless he is there hoping that someone will reveal something that would lead to a break in the case. The only other possible explanation is that he doesn't know this site exists, which I doubt."
__________________________________________________ _____
We are simply coming forward and saying that we NOW know that this site exists..and that we are here to answer these questions, as well as put forward the Truth/Facts, as we know it, so far.
As stated before, if there are any of you who wish to put forth facts from other cases similar to Lisa's (such as the Perry March case, in Nashville)..this would be the time to do it.
We, too, are entitled to our opinions...and based on our knowledge of Lisa's home life & subsequent disappearance..they come with a little more weight for those who sincerely want to follow this case.
We are happy to stick with the facts...and ensuring everyone has a clear view as to what has been reported.
If someone has an opinion which contains "misinformation" (based on our knowledge of the case)- we will put forth our opinion, in debate form, and you all can decide upon what is being said by both sides.
Again, we came to this site - in response to a request...and in our responsibility to all those trying to return Lisa to her children.

It is certainly not for our enjoyment that Don Z. and I have been "getting to know" all of these forums, and having to keep track of them.
Our participation is strictly carried out in our devotion to her.

If all of this is making you (who follow our missing loved one's story) "stand too close to the flames" of an actual ongoing, high-profile criminal investigation...then we will be happy to withdraw completely from this website.
WindChime has only to ask..and we will comply.

CW
08-27-2007, 03:48 PM
We also have other family members of victims here at WS. Missing forum Rachel Cook her father post here, A mother who's daughter and 10 month old son was murdered, the baby was tied with a noose and a number of others so I do understand what you are saying but we have not treated them any different then the way we will treat the two of you Az News Watcher and we have had to ask a few family members to leave because it was just to emotional here because we do allow our members to post their opinions. We also have a family member of Tara's that post here. You have every right to post the true facts if someone post wrong information but it will be done in a nice way not rude.

ocean
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Thankyou AZ for answering my question. Wind Chime it is great to know who is posting here. It can only help those who search.

docwho3
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok, just so I do not miss something vital: What are the important facts of this case that I need to know beyond what has been reported in the news reports? And what things have been reported in news reports were wrong things and in those instances what is the correct fact?

I thought at one time it sounded as if L.E. was pretty much on the right track and was only awaiting more test results and other data to be able to advance the case.

AZ News Watcher
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, just so I do not miss something vital: What are the important facts of this case that I need to know beyond what has been reported in the news reports? And what things have been reported in news reports were wrong things and in those instances what is the correct fact?

I thought at one time it sounded as if L.E. was pretty much on the right track and was only awaiting more test results and other data to be able to advance the case.

You haven't missed anything, Doc...if you have been faithfully following the case via the news reports from the beginning.

We cannot put forward any other information beyond what is being reported.

As far as we know, the PPD/FBI are operating on the same track, as before...and, we, Lisa's Family are simply awaiting the same Lab work.

We are visiting all the forums to help keep everyone focused on what is..and what is not currently known about the facts of the case.
It is amazing how quickly these get confused ! :doh:

SeriouslySearching
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Exactly how are you related to Lisa, AZ?

docwho3
08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
. . .We are visiting all the forums to help keep everyone focused on what is..and what is not currently known about the facts of the case.
It is amazing how quickly these get confused ! :doh: Yes, it does not take long for things to get turned around, twisted and in some cases invented.

As to following the case "faithfully" I have to admit that I may have missed a news update somewhere along the way. I do not have it set up on any sort of news alert service. I look at several cases on more than one forum so it is hard to keep 100% uptodate at times. Feel free to post any case summary you think appropriate at any time. Also feel free to email me or PM me if you need to. I use this same user name at yahoo for email.

SeriouslySearching
08-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Where is Lisa?

SeriouslySearching
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Who Is Responsible For Lisa Being Missing?

ocean
08-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Great questions Seriously.

closeobserver
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Perhaps they are being diligent, but you would never know it around here by how tight lipped they are. All I've seen them do is issue a search warrant and interview some neighbors. That web of neighbor interviews didn't go more than two or three houses in either direction.

I give them credit for that, and the immediate missing person searches done around the area in the first couple weeks, but most of what has transpired has been a result of Lisa's friends and families urging. The last LE involvement I've heard of has been the "naming of a person of interest" and the elusive "lab results" due any day, announced well over a month ago.

As Joe public, I'm not aware of all activities going on with LE, but I have kept my ear very close to this and have not heard a thing over the past three months that gives me any indication they are any closer to solving this case. Perhaps, the silence could turn out to be to their credit in the long run, assuming it is there intention to withhold the plethera of info they have.

Please, I'm not dissing your statement. (I'm speaking more out of frustration as I usually do, which usually gets me in trouble...lol). But I am curious, "What it is that give you the impression of diligence on LE's part"?

AZ News Watcher
08-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Yes, it does not take long for things to get turned around, twisted and in some cases invented.

As to following the case "faithfully" I have to admit that I may have missed a news update somewhere along the way. I do not have it set up on any sort of news alert service. I look at several cases on more than one forum so it is hard to keep 100% uptodate at times. Feel free to post any case summary you think appropriate at any time. Also feel free to email me or PM me if you need to. I use this same user name at yahoo for email.

Actually, Doc...the best source for information on Lisa's case..is through our family website www.FindLisaStebic.com (http://www.FindLisaStebic.com) ...go to the "A Look At Recent News/Press" page...and you will find most of what you are seeking.
We update it immediately, when something new develops.
Things have been a little "quiet" media-wise, recently...do to alot of "behind-the-scenes" work (Filming with CBS Network's 48 Hours Mystery program, Working with CBS Outdoor, the Chicago White Sox and Cubs, etc) to keep Lisa's face, name, reward monies, website and tip hotline directly in view with the Chicagoland public....while awaiting the painstaking lab examination of forensic minutia obtained by the PPD/FBI in a Midnight raid, back in May.
All cases such as these must take their normal course of action. Investigation take time. We, as Lisa's family & support team, trust in the LE handling her case...and are quietly & patiently supporting them.

AZ News Watcher
08-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Exactly how are you related to Lisa, AZ?

(sigh)

I have been a long-time friend of her family.

I have worked in the TV/Radio News Industry for over 25 years.

I am co-creator of Lisa'swebsite www.FindLisaStebic.com (http://www.FindLisaStebic.com) (along with her cousin's Mark and Melanie Greenberg)

I am and have served as their Media Advisor/Facilitator, Website Administrator, Coordinator of Community Events/Searches...and Campaign Designer to Find Lisa Stebic! (since Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007...48 hours after Lisa went missing).

Lisa's other cousin, Don Z. and I have accepted the positions of "visiting" the different website discussing Lisa's case, both to monitor and contribute, on behalf of the family.
I drew this one (among others, including Braveheart & CyberSleuths)..and he drew Topix, Voy.com & one other).
We confer on a daily basis - about the questions being posed, the point of views being expressed and then, if necessary, discuss our answers prior to posting them.
He, alas, is much more amusing, in his answers, than I. ;)

Does this adequately answer your question, Seriously?

An article from the Chicago Tribune on Lisa's website would elucidate on this topic, much more...if you wish to invest the time.

See the bottom of our Recent Press/News page.

docwho3
08-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Actually, Doc...the best source for information on Lisa's case..is through our family website www.FindLisaStebic.com (http://www.FindLisaStebic.com) ...go to the "A Look At Recent News/Press" page...and you will find most of what you are seeking. . . Thank you. I read one of your previous posts that mentioned that address and then went there and looked it over, paying attention to the links you have mentioned in your post #56 in this thread as well as a few of the other links. I also took a look at some of the source code, mostly out of curiosity as I have also done some website work from time to time.

At present time I do not see how I can be of much help in this case but will try to keep my eyes open for any new development.

AZ News Watcher
08-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Thank you. I read one of your previous posts that mentioned that address and then went there and looked it over, paying attention to the links you have mentioned in your post #56 in this thread as well as a few of the other links. I also took a look at some of the source code, mostly out of curiosity as I have also done some website work from time to time.

At present time I do not see how I can be of much help in this case but will try to keep my eyes open for any new development.

We appreciate your time and your expertise, Doc.

You never know...something might "develop" with the case which would pique your interest, again, someday. But, until then, thanks for checking in!

SailorMoon
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I wonder about the Steibic kids. Surely they are back in school? Is Craig working these days? What's going on in that household? Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall i that house.

((but not get swatted!!)))

Dryad
08-31-2007, 03:15 PM
This was in my local paper today:

Police: Stebic case at a crossroads

Will meet with state's attorney about next steps

August 31, 2007
By Janet Lundquist

Four months after Lisa Stebic disappeared, police say the missing woman's case is at a crossroads.
The flow of tips about the missing mother of two has mostly dried up.

RELATED STORIES
• Find Lisa Stebic Web site (http://www.findlisastebic.com/)

Police have searched local parks, trails, lakes, storage facilities and parking lots -- and anywhere else Lisa might have gone.
Investigators have followed some leads out of state. They've consulted with other law enforcement agencies who have handled similar cases and interviewed and re-interviewed friends, family, acquaintances and others.
Now police plan to meet with the state's attorney's office, which has assigned an assistant state's attorney as a point person on the case, to review the evidence.

ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/news/536979,dst_stebic_831.article)

SewingDeb
08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
It looks like the children will be brought in to testify in front of the grand jury. It's a shame they will be put through that when their father could simply let them be interviewed by the police.

SeriouslySearching
09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
It is either the Grand Jury or wait until they turn 18! CS is not going to allow them to interview the children because they may have their own interpretation of the events that Monday evening.

There is only one reason for the leads to dry up...the person who holds the key to this case made certain there were no clues for the police to follow up on. Hopefully, the Grand Jury can tip the scales in favor of Lisa and her perpetrator will be pressured into a confession.

SewingDeb
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Not sure if this is a rerun, but Nancy Grace covered this last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/03/ng.01.html

Nancy.....But the reality is, he`s not talking. He`s not helping police in any way. He`s not letting the kids talk. So why not go ahead and name him a person of interest and go ahead and lawyer up and clam up?

MICHAEL CARDOZA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I mean, when did this term "person of interest" come into vogue? When I was a district attorney, if the police were looking at you, you were simply called a suspect in the case.

Look, he`s been a suspect since day one. Let`s call him what he is. Let`s call him what he`s been all along, and that`s a suspect. So what are the police doing here? They`re certainly keeping national attention on this case by changing the terminology. It means nothing. He`s a suspect.

GRACE: Michael, finally, I get to answer a question for you after all these years. This is my theory on "person of interest" versus "suspect." As soon as the U.S. Supreme Court started ruling that once you`re officially designated a suspect, as opposed to a defendant -- used to be when you were an official defendant, you had been formally charged, your constitutional rights applied.

CARDOZA: Right.

GRACE: When you were arrested, your rights applied.

CARDOZA: Sure.

GRACE: Then when they started calling you a suspect and you haven`t been arrested, your rights applied.

CARDOZA: OK.

GRACE: So then they backed up to person of interest. I don`t know what it`s going to be next here!

closeobserver
09-05-2007, 01:29 PM
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_248115141.html

Does anybody know anything about the case of Yolanda Panek? There was a conviction here with no body ever being found. I was wondering if anybody knows what evidence there was in this case.

SeriouslySearching
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Deb, that does explain more of why they don't use the term, "suspect" much anymore, doesn't it? I didn't realize as a suspect there would be certain "rights" which could be applied in the case. Interesting. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks for catching it!

philamena
09-12-2007, 12:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295713,00.html

If this has already been posted, mods please delete.

(http://www.foxnews.com/index.html)
CHICAGO — Prosecutors could subpoena missing suburban Chicago mom Lisa Stebic's two young children to help provide information about her disappearance nearly four months ago, according to a report.
Stebic's daughter, 11, and son, 12, were the last to see her alive on April 30, along with her husband, Craig Stebic.
“Obviously, it would be in the best interest of the children to not have to go before a grand jury and possibly be traumatized in such a big, scary environment in a courtroom like that but we understand that police have to do what they have to do," said Melanie Greenburg, Lisa's cousin.

philamena
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Sadly there's no follow up article. I hope the children were subpoenaed.

SeriouslySearching
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
What is taking them so long?!?!?! They are dragging their feet again!! Get the subpoena and get these interviews either done or get a GJ seated! This horse and pony show has gone on long enough.

KR2tonenow
09-16-2007, 10:20 PM
What is taking them so long?!?!?! They are dragging their feet again!! Get the subpoena and get these interviews either done or get a GJ seated! This horse and pony show has gone on long enough.

Naming Craig Stebic the "Person of Interest" now, should hopefully get the ball rolling and get those kids in protective care and interviewed, ASAP.
The children can do "Play Therapy", if they are to afraid to speak out. I hope the authorities take this into consideration.

I would like to see Craig Stebic do a polygraph.

This case needs to keep moving, Lisa needs to be found.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2007, 12:12 AM
They named him a POI weeks ago! It seems it is taking so long to get the Grand Jury seated. Too long!

The kids are old enough to be treated more like adults. They aren't small children. They are preteens. They should be able to interview them with the proper help from a psychologist or I say...go ahead and get that GJ moving! They will have a rougher time, but the kids will be fine. They want to know what happened to their mother, too.

I think even if he has done a brainwash job on them...the truth will come out. Besides, if the kids are still with his family and not with him...maybe they have had time to think about things he has said or done since their mom went missing. Kids are very intelligent.

Bobbisangel
09-17-2007, 05:43 AM
I can't believe that he hasn't been arrested yet. What is taking so long. I wish that Lisa's body would be found but that might never happen. I hope that LE has enough evidence to really hang this arrogant guy. I'd hate for him to get off on a murder charge. Hope something happens soon. We have to many women missing that we know their husbands were involved.

SeriouslySearching
09-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Hmmm...I didn't even KNOW he had an older brother! I wonder why he wasn't mentioned before he got arrested for DUI etc.? This sure adds an interesting element to this case.

strach304
09-21-2007, 11:20 AM
SS, I think the brother was mentioned early on in the case. I believe the sister in law in Michigan that was interviewed is his wife. I seem to recall him also being mentioned as hunting with Craig and their father so I think he lives in Michigan but has visited Craig since Lisa's disappearance.

Lisa Too
09-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I just finished reading an article in July's Readers Digest about a woman named Monica Caison and a national non-profit organization she founded to assist in finding missing persons, even cold cases. She has an outstanding track record: last year, they worked 540 cases, resolving 300, with more than half of the formerly missing turning up alive.

I hope I'm not bringing "old news" here, but here's a link to the org's website: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Also, RD has several other suggestions for help with cases such as this one: http://www.rd.com/missing/

Just don't want to leave any stone unturned.

KR2tonenow
09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I just finished reading an article in July's Readers Digest about a woman named Monica Caison and a national non-profit organization she founded to assist in finding missing persons, even cold cases. She has an outstanding track record: last year, they worked 540 cases, resolving 300, with more than half of the formerly missing turning up alive.

I hope I'm not bringing "old news" here, but here's a link to the org's website: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Also, RD has several other suggestions for help with cases such as this one: http://www.rd.com/missing/

Just don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Thank you that's awesome information!!

SeriouslySearching
09-22-2007, 02:03 PM
SS, I think the brother was mentioned early on in the case. I believe the sister in law in Michigan that was interviewed is his wife. I seem to recall him also being mentioned as hunting with Craig and their father so I think he lives in Michigan but has visited Craig since Lisa's disappearance.
I guess I did know that, but it didn't register for some reason. :waitasec:

It would be worth going into his history tho...I hope LE did an extensive inquisition on him.

chicoliving
09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Clint Van Zandt, 61, spent 25 years in the FBI, his career peaking as supervisor of the agency's behavioral science unit. He is the founder and president of Fredericksburg, Va.-based Van Zandt Associates, an international threat and assessment group that specializes in behavioral and forensic analysis of cases such as Lisa Stebic's disappearance.

The Naperville Sun, a sister paper of The Herald News, asked Van Zant what he thought of Scott Stebic's arrest, and how it might impact proceedings surrounding the disappearance of Lisa Stebic.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/569424,4_1_JO22_STEBIC_S1.article

SeriouslySearching
09-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Good article, Chico! It does raise some further questions.

strach304
09-25-2007, 03:39 AM
They pulled the page. What did it say?

docwho3
09-25-2007, 05:33 AM
The page is still there but it left out a tiny bit of the address or the address was changed by a tiny bit after the post. Try this address for now.

http://www.rd.com/content/missing-/

chicoliving
09-27-2007, 01:28 PM
LAWYER CLAIMS POLICE USED SCOTT STEBIC'S ARREST TO PUT PRESSURE ON HIS BROTHER

The arrest of Craig Stebic's brother last week was more than a routine warrant collar -- it was a police tactic to squeeze his client, Stebic's lawyer said Wednesday.

Scott Stebic, 44, who had been living with his brother for several weeks, was apprehended at Stebic's house Sept. 20 on four warrants from Lake County and Highland Park.

"I think that (Scott Stebic's arrest) definitely was an attempt for them to continue to put pressure on Craig," said Stebic's attorney Dion Davi. "It's evident that the Plainfield police are at a point of desperation, given their arrest of Scott and the current (police department) administrative shakeup that occurred."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/576254,4_1_JO27_PCOPS_S1.article

SeriouslySearching
09-28-2007, 02:52 AM
LOL Gee...it couldn't be because his brother was actually GUILTY of the charges or anything...and the reason he had arrest warrants out for him?!

SeriouslySearching
09-28-2007, 04:00 AM
I wonder where we are on the Grand Jury being convened?! They were supposed to decide this last week! GRRR!

Cubby
09-28-2007, 04:18 AM
LOL Gee...it couldn't be because his brother was actually GUILTY of the charges or anything...and the reason he had arrest warrants out for him?!

No kidding, a little dui, a few measly bad checks. Petty stuff.... :rolleyes:

Cubby
09-28-2007, 04:19 AM
I wonder where we are on the Grand Jury being convened?! They were supposed to decide this last week! GRRR!

I hear ya, still waiting, and still checking this thread daily.

twinkiesmom
09-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Nope, the brother lives in Vernon Hills, IL. Found him on one of those people search sites.

SeriouslySearching
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No kidding, a little dui, a few measly bad checks. Petty stuff.... :rolleyes:

chicoliving
10-11-2007, 08:08 PM
~snip~

An interview with Stebic's sister, Jamie Bouma, and a Plainfield police detective is scheduled to air Friday morning on CBS morning news program The Early Show.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/599476,JO13_STEBICONTV_WEB.article

strach304
10-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the updates Chico. I try to check here daily. :blowkiss:

chicoliving
10-12-2007, 03:51 AM
YW! Unfortunately there's not a chance for me to catch this show but hopefully someone will!

SeriouslySearching
10-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Ok....so Why No Grand Flipping Jury Yet?!?!?!?! What Is The Hold Up?!?!?!?! Grrrrr!!!

Salem
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Nothing happening here, huh? I wonder why.........

Salem

SewingDeb
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I posted this in the media links also:

Family of Missing Illinois Woman Lisa Stebic Say Her Husband Cut Communication to Family

PLAINFIELD, Ill. — Family members of Lisa Stebic say her estranged husband, who has been named by police as a person of interest in her disappearance six months ago, has cut off all communication between his children and his wife's sisters.

and

Stebic had barred his wife's parents from the couple's Plainfield home and had not allowed his wife or their children, ages 11 and 12, to speak to them for the last two years, Greenberg said Monday. She did not explain why.

~much more at link~

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306191,00.html

SewingDeb
10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Lisa Stebic's estranged husband, described by police as a person of interest in her disappearance six months ago, has cut off all communication between his children and his wife's sisters, family members said Monday.

The family has long feared Craig Stebic would sever those relationships, said Melanie Greenberg, Lisa Stebic's cousin. He had barred her parents from the couple's Plainfield home and had not allowed his wife or their children, ages 11 and 12, to speak to them for the last two years, she said.

When they attended parties for extended family members, the children were not permitted to speak to their grandparents, who often were standing in the same room, Greenberg said. She could not explain why.

Lisa Stebic's sisters, Debbie Ruttenberg and Jamie Bouma, last saw the children alone about five weeks ago, after a fundraiser in Joliet. The women told the children how much their mother loved them and how she would never intentionally leave them. Greenberg said the children tried to change the subject.

"After that, Craig turned off the ringer to his phone and wasn't accepting messages," Greenberg said. "The sisters do not have the children's cell phone numbers. There is no way for us to contact them directly."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-stebic_30oct30,0,1715247.story?coll=chi_tab01_layo ut

kidzndogznme
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306191,00.html

Lisa's sisters say Craig has now cut them off from contacting Lisa's children.

SeriouslySearching
10-30-2007, 05:39 PM
What a POS! It isn't bad enough the children have lost their mother, but now the people who love them and adore them are ripped away, too! This shows how vindictive Craig is and is an excellent example of how he does NOT have the best interests of his children at heart. Lisa's children need an advocate.

I don't know the laws there regarding grandparents, but in many states...the grandparents can file for visitation rights to see the children. If I were them...it is exactly what I would do! I would also ask the Judge to give the children a Guardian Ad litem to legally represent what is in their best interest.

What IS the hold up on the GJ?! I simply do NOT understand!

Lisa Too
10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Serously Searching,

Those are EXCELLENT suggestions! I feel your frustration with this case. He is doing emotional harm to those children, at a time when they need empathy and compassion.

Cubby
10-31-2007, 10:57 PM
And Craig is about as intelligent as believing hiding and sheltering THEIR kids is somehowe helping. \

My mom is missing, my dad refuses to talk about it. We, my brother/sister and I have not been allowed to see our grandparents, we are now not allowed to see out Aunties....the only remainding family we know on our moms side.

Dad, do you really believe not being allowed to talk about this helps? Dad, do you think we are so niave, that we aren't understanding what we were NOT allowed to talk about 2 years before our mother went missing.

Dad, do you realize, you might be winning the battle, now, but once I/we are 18..... we can make our own decisions and talk, to whomever we choose, and dad....... Why did you waste the years you could have done something, shown some compassion to the woman who bore us.... our mother? Why do you hate moms family so much? Why won't you let us talk to them?

Dad, the day will come we will see the truth..... until then, enjoy your snowball, you are NOT fooling anyone!

Tick tick tick Craig....... If you were so slick, Jack, why not cooperate.

Tick tick tick................tock.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 04:37 PM
It seems now that CS has a "buddy". They can start their own club..."Men Without A Conscience".

"I know what he's going through," said Craig Stebic, the Plainfield pipefitter who has a missing wife of his own. "Especially with you media and everything."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/news/633440,4_1_JO03_MISSING_S1.article

Betsy
11-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh yes, Craig, VERY smart to identify with Drew Peterson!! What, are you two following the same script??

What idiots, both of them....

chicoliving
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh yes, Craig, VERY smart to identify with Drew Peterson!! What, are you two following the same script??

What idiots, both of them....

LOL Yep!

kidzndogznme
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Pardon me if my post doesn't make sense. Just out of surgery and bored and brain fuzzy LOL.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308137,00.html

chicoliving
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Take it easy kidzdogznme! Your post was just fine :)

strach304
11-08-2007, 01:43 AM
I just read on the Stacy Peterson board at ctv they got the kids in front of a grand jury today. :woohoo:

I'll go back and get the link and post it here in the media thread. I had also read there earlier today that they are trying to combine the Equusearch's to include Lisa as well.

chicoliving
11-08-2007, 01:56 AM
CHICAGO (CBS) ― CBS 2 news partner the Naperville Sun reports Wednesday night that Craig Stebic, estranged husband of missing Plainfield mother Lisa Stebic, and the couple's two children appeared before a Will County grand jury Wednesday at the county courthouse. Authorities had been trying to interview the children for months.

It has been more than six months since Lisa Stebic disappeared. Despite much media attention across the country police don't appear any closer to finding the missing woman.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/lisa.stebic.craig.2.557228.html

Here ya go strach!

Chicogirl36
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Children of Lisa Stebic Testify TODAY before grand jury

I am new here so I hope I am doing this right :woohoo:

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309536,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309536,00.html)

JUSTICE FOR LISA!!!! and STACY P!!

SeriouslySearching
11-08-2007, 04:23 PM
OH, I AM JUST SOOOO GLAD THIS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!! HIS GOOSE SOUNDS LIKE IT IS STARTING TO SIMMER NOW! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! :woohoo:

It couldn't have come at a better time either with him putting his two cents in about Drew Peterson. The gall of both of those men!!! I think they should get to share a cell together since they are so "close" n all!!

TGIRecovered
11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I worry about how Craig might treat the kids now that they have testified. He has to be dying to know exactly what they were asked and how they answered. It is a shame they they aren't being protected from him.

Wouldn't it be great if something they find from the grand jury testimony could be used to get them out of Craig's clutches!

Susan

Salem
11-11-2007, 12:58 AM
I worry about how Craig might treat the kids now that they have testified. He has to be dying to know exactly what they were asked and how they answered. It is a shame they they aren't being protected from him.

Wouldn't it be great if something they find from the grand jury testimony could be used to get them out of Craig's clutches!

Susan

I'm with you TGI - I wonder if they are doing anything at all to try to protect those children. If CS thinks they know something or might have said something............ I'm sure CS has quizzed them to the max by now to find out what was asked and how they answered. It is down right scary and it must be scary for the kids if they suspect that LE suspects their dad of harming their mom. It seems Social Services should be able to do something, anything to remove the kids from the home until CS's status as a POI or suspect is cleared.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them and sending prayers to the family,

Salem

SeriouslySearching
11-26-2007, 03:33 AM
Their hands on tied on doing anything for the children at this time. Until Craig is arrested, he will remain in complete control (or unless they suspect "abuse" from him). The truly sad part is they are not allowed to see the people who have loved and adored them from birth. They have to be in such pain losing their mom and then her family. The holidays are going to be tremendously difficult for them. :'(

Craig needs to do the best thing for those kids and come clean. He and his Atty have the story narrowed down into an art form now...which probably is the same with the children. (Craig's Atty surely did practice interviews with the kids before they went on the stand.)

crocus
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Check this out--

Brian's Predictions

He posted a RV on 11/29/07 for Lisa Stebic

ocean
12-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Check this out--

Brian's Predictions

He posted a RV on 11/29/07 for Lisa Stebic

any news????or updates

CW
12-22-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Lisa's parents and grand parents have filed a suit for visitation to see their grandchildren that Craig won't allow.

SeriouslySearching
12-23-2007, 03:45 AM
Lisa~

There are many people around the country and the world who are thinking of you and your children during the Holidays. I pray your children find peace in their hearts and love from people who truly care about them. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I will light a candle for you on Christmas Eve. May you come home soon. Bless you and yours.

Hugs~
SS~

SeriouslySearching
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM
I did light a candle for you and I prayed for you along with your children. My hope is that you will be found and we can put an end to this for everyone. Justice comes to those who speak out for themselves. I pray you will be found so you can speak for yourself. Put evidence where it belongs and put justice where it is deserved. I know your children deserve it, too. Bless them and keep them forever.

Salem
01-11-2008, 01:08 AM
This case needs a break! There must be something that will give CS away....

Still no word on the grand jury? Was it ever reported that the grand jury decided no indictment or has it only been silence?

Salem

ThoughtFox
01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
The body found near the canal was sadly not Lisa Stebic:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-080126stacy-peterson-not-story,0,3938281.story

Police: Human remains are not related to missing suburban women
The Associated Press
12:40 PM CST, January 26, 2008

CHICAGO - A Chicago Police spokeswoman says the human remains found frozen to the ground in a field on Chicago's southwest side are not related to the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond also says the body is not related to the disappearance of Lisa Stebic.

The Cook County medical examiner's office says an autopsy is scheduled today on the badly decomposed remains found Friday by a suburban land surveyor.

More at Link

philamena
01-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Continued prayers for Lisa to be found.

ocean
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Continued prayers for Lisa to be found.

Ditto

Anita Richman
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I did light a candle for you and I prayed for you along with your children. My hope is that you will be found and we can put an end to this for everyone. Justice comes to those who speak out for themselves. I pray you will be found so you can speak for yourself. Put evidence where it belongs and put justice where it is deserved. I know your children deserve it, too. Bless them and keep them forever.

:( SS, that is beautiful...and heart wrenching.

Praying for Lisa to be found.

Pharlap
02-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Lisa Stebic's Family Tries To Get Visitation Rights With Kids

http://www.wbbm780.com/Lisa-Stebic-s-Family-Tries-To-Get-Visitation-Right/1656510

KR2tonenow
03-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Bumping for Lisa!!

fran
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
hmmmmmmm............interesting. Wonder if Craig is getting a little {{nervous}}..............Wonder what LE sees that we don't know about?

LOL, wouldn't it be something if they arrested Craig and DP around the same time? :behindbar Two high profile cases at once.

Just a thought. ;)
fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/874004,WA02_stebic_s1.article

Judge: Craig Stebic can get car back

April 2, 2008

The Associated Press

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) -- A judge has ruled that Craig Stebic, the husband of a missing suburban Chicago woman can get his car back.

But Craig Stebic, whose wife Lisa has been missing nearly a year, must wait until later this month to hear whether he can reclaim his pickup truck and 24 guns.

Investigators want to keep those items, which were seized as possible evidence

fran
04-07-2008, 10:11 PM
This was posted in the media thread today.

hmmmmmmmmm..............this is interesting. Wonder what's up with the car?:confused:

IMHO, must be somethin' we haven't heard about. Hopefully a news organization will be interested enough to get a copy. LOL, I'm assuming by the way the judged worded his order, he means it will be accessable to the public. Now my curiousity is peeked. :eek:
JMHO
fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/881398,jo07_stebic2_web.article

Stebic will get his car

April 7, 2008

snip.............

The judge spoke to Stebic briefly, and the Plainfield man agreed not to object to the possible use of 23 digital photographs instead of the car.

Then Fitzgerald and Lenard asked the judge to impound and seal the court order returning the car to keep it from the public. Lenard asked for a private hearing with the judge to explain the request.

Later in the morning, Schoenstedt announced his decision.

"I’m not going to give my reasons for the ruling on the record," Schoenstedt "I am not going to order the order impounded."

Lenard and Stebic then left the building and walked to the lawyer’s office on Chicago Street. Neither one of them would talk about the case.

curious1
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
According to a media link he got is car back, but not a blanket that was in the back and he seems very concerned about that.

Hmmmm he got the $20 - $40K car back (don't know the asking price on those things), but he is concerned about not getting the $10 - $20 blankie that was in it back? hmmmmm why would he be sooooo concerned about that blanket, why oh why? :waitasec: I can't think of a reason, can you guys? :rolleyes:

fran
04-13-2008, 01:40 PM
According to a media link he got is car back, but not a blanket that was in the back and he seems very concerned about that.

Hmmmm he got the $20 - $40K car back (don't know the asking price on those things), but he is concerned about not getting the $10 - $20 blankie that was in it back? hmmmmm why would he be sooooo concerned about that blanket, why oh why? :waitasec: I can't think of a reason, can you guys? :rolleyes:

curious1 said, "hmmmmm why would he be sooooo concerned about that blanket, why oh why? :waitasec:I can't think of a reason, can you guys? ":rolleyes:

LOL, me, me, me, :) Pick me!!

I can think of 'WHY' but CS wouldn't like it! :D

He's letting his guard down.......:bang:

JMHO
fran

christine2448
04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Are police 'harassing' Stebic? (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/887470,4_1_JO10_STEBIC_S2.article)

PLAINFIELD -- Police on patrol have been cruising around Nature's Crossing subdivision more than usual -- particularly on the 13200 block of Red Star Lane, some residents say.
That's where Craig Stebic lives. And his family, as well as his neighbors, have noticed a more prominent police presence lately.
» Click to enlarge image
http://media1.suburbanchicagonews.com/multimedia/cops%20and%20stebic%20mug.jpg_20080410_14_55_58_69-120-165.imageContent (javascript:dc_popup_win('http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/888597,JO10_STEBIC_P2.fullimage', 'fullimage', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,m enubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=650,hei ght=650')) Family members and neighbors say they have noticed increased police activity around the Plainfield home of Craig Stebic (right). Craig's wife, Lisa, has been missing since April 2007.

(Herald News File Photos)

"It just seems like they're around more, which we really like because it's tense over there," said one resident who did not want her name printed. "There's no question they're around more. Why? I have no idea."
Police Chief Don Bennett declined to comment.
Recently police stopped Craig's father, Joe Stebic, near the house and cited him for driving a vehicle with a cracked windshield.
Craig was cited in January for the same reason, while driving the same vehicle. The charge was later dropped, according to court records.
"It just seems like (police are) harassing them," said Craig's brother, Scott Stebic, who has been staying at the house. "I feel safe now, the neighborhood is being well-patrolled."

curious1
04-14-2008, 03:36 PM
curious1 said, "hmmmmm why would he be sooooo concerned about that blanket, why oh why? :waitasec:I can't think of a reason, can you guys? ":rolleyes:

LOL, me, me, me, :) Pick me!!

I can think of 'WHY' but CS wouldn't like it! :D

He's letting his guard down.......:bang:

JMHO
fran

LOL! Yes, the one with her hand up...Fran is it? Do share with the class any ideas you may have.

ocean
04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
I just returned from the Lisa Stebic Walk....It was very emotional. The families of other missing area people were also there.
Lisa's family released doves with a prayer that they will lead to Lisa......

SeriouslySearching
04-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Thank you very much, Ocean! Someday all of our prayers will lead to Lisa. I am happy you got to help in trying to find her.

crumbsnatcher
05-23-2008, 01:18 AM
I've just spent a lot of time reading through all the threads on Lisa...my heart breaks for her and her family, particularly the children.

I recently wrote to Sandra Belanger about Lisa, and got a brief reply. I believe she is planning on trying to help in Lisa's case, after she puts in some more time on her current focus (I believe the Peterson case).

For anyone who might not know, SB is not a psychic, rather she works with EVP, Electronic Voice Phenomena. Whether one believes in such things or not, it certainly can't hurt. The more Lisa is talked about and remembered, the better.

I personally think there could be something to it. SB seems to have obtained correct info on where Lacey Peterson's body was before she and Conner were found. I'm praying she can help find Lisa.

fran
05-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Lots of information about Craig Stebic in the most recent news article posted.

IMHO, Stebic is a typical batterer.:chicken:

Hmmmm..........it also appears LE is closing in on him as well. Taking his license to carry a gun is a very good start! Also IMHO, this guy is VERY dangerous and needs to be locked up!:mad:

JMHO
fran

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-stebic_both_24may24,0,1830590.story

<<snip>>
Lisa Stebic's parents, Lawrence and Judith Ruttenberg, and her grandparents, Milton and Charlotte Ruttenberg, say Craig Stebic has on separate occasions threatened to kill them, his wife and their children, and has abused drugs and alcohol, the documents said.

<<snip>>

According to the court documents filed Friday, the Stebics were in the midst of divorce proceedings for a second time when she disappeared. Shortly before the couple's daughter was born in 1995, Lisa Stebic filed for divorce on grounds of "extreme and repeated mental cruelty," the documents say.

<<snip>>

"Mr. Stebic called Lawrence Ruttenberg and said that, if he or Judith Ruttenberg ever came onto Mr. Stebic's property again, Mr. Stebic would cut Lisa up into a million pieces, no one would find her, and he would kill both Lawrence Ruttenberg and Judith Ruttenberg as well," the documents said.

<<snip>>

The documents also say that in 2002, Craig Stebic became angry with his children after they hugged Judith Ruttenberg at a family event. In 2004, he forbade his children to speak to their maternal grandparents, and by the time their mother disappeared, the children were forbidden to look at them, the documents claim.

<<snip>>

The documents say Craig Stebic has been intoxicated while supervising the children's use of his weapons, and of making his own "moonshine" and allowing the kids to taste it. The documents allege he frequently mixes drugs and alcohol.

fran
05-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Yay!!

Craig finally agreed to let Lisa's family visit with her children.

About time.

Happy day,
:)
fran

TGIRecovered
05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm sure that Craig's lawyer must have told him that there was no chance that he would win in court and that trying tostop them from seeing the kids would be a waste of their time and his money.

No way he did this out of concern for the kids. The only thing that remains to be seen is how long it will take before the children can feel safe enough to tell what they know. It may never be safe for them, as long as they have to continue to live at the mercy of their mother's killer.

Susan

fran
05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm sure that Craig's lawyer must have told him that there was no chance that he would win in court and that trying tostop them from seeing the kids would be a waste of their time and his money.

No way he did this out of concern for the kids. The only thing that remains to be seen is how long it will take before the children can feel safe enough to tell what they know. It may never be safe for them, as long as they have to continue to live at the mercy of their mother's killer.

Susan

I personally think Craig DID read the documents and knew if this came before a judge, he stood a chance of loosing more than just having to allow visitation. His 'custody' of the kids may have been in jeoprady.

There's no way this guy is allowing visitation out of the goodness of his heart, or because of Lisa, or because he gives a fig what happens to Lisa's family nor his own kids. He's lost a little bit of control here and I'm willing to bet he's pizzed!

Too bad, so sad,:mad:

Where is Lisa? :(

fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/973634,6_1_NA28_STEBIC_S1.article

Stebic offers Lisa's family time with kids

Lawyers hope to reach compromise

<<<snip>>>

As part of their court filing Friday, Lisa's family claims Craig has "uncontrollable anger issues" and that he not only threatened to kill Lisa and her parents - saying he would "cut Lisa up into a million pieces, no one would find her" - but told his children if they do not obey him "they should dig a hole for themselves, their mother and the dog."

Craig has not read the document, Davi said.

"Anybody can allege anything in these matters, especially in this case where Lisa isn't here to (confirm) what decisions they had made in the past," Davi said.

The terms of the visitation agreement Stebic offered are confidential, Davi said. If an agreement is reached, the terms may remain private, Daw said.

Pharlap
05-30-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm glade to see ppl here haven't forgotten about this ongoing case.
The court is in Will County, if I remember correctly. Not wild about that county court..

OT...What puzzles me thou, Lisa's reward is 78,000.00 which didn't, hasn't gotten the attention that Stacy P case has.
Plus Stacy P reward is 25,000.
Now what's wrong with this picture......:waitasec:

BeavisMom62
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm glade to see ppl here haven't forgotten about this ongoing case.
The court is in Will County, if I remember correctly. Not wild about that county court..

OT...What puzzles me thou, Lisa's reward is 78,000.00 which didn't, hasn't gotten the attention that Stacy P case has.
Plus Stacy P reward is 25,000.
Now what's wrong with this picture......:waitasec:
Good point, Pharlap. You hardly ever hear anything about Lisa in the media at all. Its like the she as well as the case have dropped off the face of the earth. You still hear about DP, I guess because he is or was a police officer as well as all the ex wives and his conduct in front of cameras. But even with that reward money, poor Lisa just isn't considered newsworthy. So sad!

fran
06-10-2008, 10:30 PM
So now Craig has proved what a liar he is. IMO, he didn't mean it at all when he said he'd let the grandparents visit the kids. He was just trying to detract attention from what the grandparents were proclaiming about his being an unfit parent.

IMO, he's an unfit human. He belongs in :behindbar

Grrr,:mad:

fran

SeriouslySearching
06-11-2008, 12:37 AM
I think it is typical CS. How can anyone trust him?!

fran
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Wonder if Craig is starting to feel like Scott Peterson just before he was arrested? They put a camera by SP's house too. ;)

JMHO
fran

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/drew.peterson.spying.2.745692.html

Peterson believes the police are watching him, just as they have been watching Plainfield's Craig Stebic, whose wife, Lisa, has been missing six months longer than Stacy.

"I hear the State Police have them on Stebic's house," he said. "Why should I be any different?"

Plainfield police Chief Donald Bennett said last summer that the surveillance camera was installed on a light pole near Stebic's home as part of a village-wide enforcement project based on neighborhood concern about criminal activity.

fran
07-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Now we know the reason they couldn't reach an agreement previously. Craig wanted to be there. What's he afraid of? :waitasec:

No answer necessary, I think I already know why.:eek:

JMHO
fran

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stebic.children.visitation.2.763256.html

Attorneys: Visitation Agreement Reached On Stebic

JOLIET, Ill. (STNG) ― Lisa Stebic's relatives will be able to visit her two young children under an agreement reached with her estranged husband, attorneys said Thursday.

<<<<snip>>>>

Craig Stebic previously had offered to allow Lisa's relatives to visit with the children under his supervision -- a condition they rejected. In their suit, her relatives sought visits with the children under the supervision of a court-appointed monitor.

porkchop
07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Good point, Pharlap. You hardly ever hear anything about Lisa in the media at all. Its like the she as well as the case have dropped off the face of the earth. You still hear about DP, I guess because he is or was a police officer as well as all the ex wives and his conduct in front of cameras. But even with that reward money, poor Lisa just isn't considered newsworthy. So sad!

Well DP does everything he can to stay in the media spotlight. CS actually is lying low trying to avoid the media.

twinkiesmom
07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Amy Jacobsen is suing the rival newsstation that aired her video at the Stebic house.

Complete complaint is available on Eric Zorn's blog accessible from front page of www.chicagotribune.com.

stillblv
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Amy Jacobsen is suing the rival newsstation that aired her video at the Stebic house.

Complete complaint is available on Eric Zorn's blog accessible from front page of www.chicagotribune.com.

Whatta joke that is!

cutter russ
07-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Since Craig is a hunter I guess all the woods in the area have been searched. Does anyone know if he belongs to a hunt club. We live near a 7000 acre forest and people keep kennels of deer dogs and I've heard many belong to hunt clubs. I'm wondering if they take their kills there to dress and get the head and rack ready for the taxedermist...our general store is a weighing station and in deer season you see deer hung up in the parking lot getting weighed then off they go to dress them. Maybe a hunt club would have an incinerator to get rid of the guts, bones, etc. Some of the hunters live in neigborhoods that would frown on dressing in the backyards.....just wondering...

Peki51
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Thought I would put this here for those in the area that could make arrangements to attend. This is a chance for those Missing Person's cases that haven't had as much national attention to have a time to honor them and bring awareness to their cases. Cue Center does amazing things!

The CUE National Tour for the Missing will be at Rachel's Tree on Wednesday, August 27th.. We were not able to get a weekend day, so please mark your calendar now and come out to support missing child Rachel Marie Mellon Skemp's family and friends.

The Bolingbrook Police Department will be fingerprinting children and helping us raise awareness about prevention before CUE's arrival from 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. CUE representatives will arrive at approximately 5:30 p.m. At 6 p.m., one balloon will be released for each year that Rachel has been missing.

After Rachel's balloons have been released, volunteers are asked to go directly to the next stop on the tour, which is also in Bolingbrook (at the Aquatic Center), to support the family of missing Stacy Peterson and the families of other missing adults in our area, which include, Lisa Stebic, John Spira, Bradley Olsen and Scott Arcaro.

Hope to see you there!

For those intrested or wondering. Rachel's tree is at Wipfler Park at Rockhurst & Melissa in Bolingbrook.

terminatrixator
07-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Just wanted to say I'm still here and still praying for Justice for Lisa, her children and her family.

I hope that LE keeps doing what they can to connect the dots and I pray Lisa is found and that there will be Justice for Lisa and her family.

TallCoolOne
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Ditto what you said terminatrixator. I just hate that all of these people have gone missing and there is no trace of them what-so-ever. That shouldn't happen to anyone. I feel so badly for the families and friends who are looking for answers, I just can't imagine if it were one of my family members. I just can't.

And all the children who have no idea what has happened to Mom/Dad. It pains me to think of their pain. That's so unfair to them.

passionflower
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
With all the other missing like Caylee Anthony, it seems Lisa 's case has to stay in the news also! so does Stacy, Kathleen Savio and so many others.............

BeavisMom62
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Bumping for Lisa!!

BeavisMom62
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
What happened to AZ News Watcher? I checked out Lisa's website and there really doesn't seem to be any news updates there. I guess not much is happening. So sad for this beautiful woman and her children and family.

fran
08-24-2008, 10:41 PM
FWIW, this is on the media only thread. There's going to at least be some mention of this case on AMW.

fran

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1120719,082208amwstebic.article

Stebic's family returns to TV to help others

August 22, 2008Recommend

By Janet Lundquist, Sun-Times News Group

When Plainfield mom Lisa Stebic disappeared in April 2007, her family had a Web site up with vital information a couple of days later.

One week later, they were being interviewed about her case on national news programs.

With the help of a family friend who worked as a TV news producer, Stebic's family successfully coordinated a media campaign that kept her case in the public eye for more than a year.

Now, they're sharing their knowledge with the world in a segment to be featured next month on Fox TV's "America's Most Wanted" program. A segment called "Making Noise" will give families of missing people suggestions on how to keep their cases in the headlines. It will feature Stebic's cousin Melanie Greenberg and the story of Stebic's disappearance.

CanManEh
08-25-2008, 04:29 AM
I really hate how some shows have these terrible stories and send out the ideas of a P.O.I which i think were all on the same page with on who that person is and then as soon as something else comes along poof its over with its up to everyone else to find out the information if we choose too. I mean i dont know if they ever met i dought it but i bet for awhile mr stebic's best freind was drew peterson and right now there both sitting back and going about there buisness as they please as this case with little caylee goes on..I ont know iam sure the police dont just forget about these cases but i just hate how one day its on every station and the next its gone...

SailorMoon
09-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Poor Lisa. She certainly didn't deserve this and she's not forgotten. Justice will be served. You, the killer, will be caught. Yes, there's not been a body found yet....but the truth will come out.

fran
09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm really angry about Craig's uncooperativeness with Lisa's parents to see their own grandchildren. I don't see why the judge can't settle this ONCE AND FOR ALL!

IMO, there's a REASON Craig doesn't want Lisa's parents to visit with these children. And I do NOT think it's JUST his possessiveness!:behindbar

IMO, perhaps LE should move to have these children talk to a psychiatrist and see what they know. I think they know a LOT!!!

:mad:

JMHO
fran

fran
09-27-2008, 09:18 AM
What I don't get is, Craig's sister and her family have a different last name. So it can't be they were singled out by name recognition. So, how could they be harrassed?

Guess doing $leazy things for money run$ in the family. :mad:

JMHO
fran

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1188314,092708localdigest.article

Stebic family sues Channel 2

Craig Stebic's family on Friday filed a lawsuit against WBBM-TV (Channel 2) and several of the station's reporters, claiming their coverage of the relationship between Stebic and former WMAQ-TV (Channel 5) reporter Amy Jacobson was false, malicious and illegal.

Stebic's sister Jill Webb and her husband, Robert Webb, and their children suffered "severe emotional distress" from the media attention surrounding Jacobson's swim with the family last summer in Stebic's Plainfield home, according to the lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court.

The suit stems from a July 2007 incident when Jacobson went to the Stebic home, allegedly to discuss the highly publicized disappearance of Stebic's wife, Lisa, who has been missing since April 30, 2007.

Video of the incident appeared the next day on Channel 2, showing Jacobson in a bikini, swimming with her children in the Stebic family's backyard swimming pool. The footage attracted national media attention and led to Jacobson being fired from her reporting job.

CanManEh
09-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm really angry about Craig's uncooperativeness with Lisa's parents to see their own grandchildren. I don't see why the judge can't settle this ONCE AND FOR ALL!

IMO, there's a REASON Craig doesn't want Lisa's parents to visit with these children. And I do NOT think it's JUST his possessiveness!:behindbar

IMO, perhaps LE should move to have these children talk to a psychiatrist and see what they know. I think they know a LOT!!!

:mad:

JMHO
fran

U know it reminds me of that guy cop bobby cutts jr .Remember his son and what he told the police that mommy was in the rug whitch turned out to be his demise ,,I also thought that when burke ramsey became an adult that he would same thing ,,having said all this maybe they ....his kids will talk one day...

SeriouslySearching
01-01-2009, 01:08 AM
In November 2007, Lisa's parents, Lawrence and Judith Ruttenberg, and grandparents, Milton and Charlotte Ruttenberg, filed a petition seeking visits with the Stebic children, now ages 12 and 13.

During the case, Lisa's family asked Craig to confirm some things he may have said in front of his children, including an alleged threat to "cut Lisa Stebic into pieces and no one would ever find her," according to court documents.

Or the time he allegedly said Lisa's face "would be on the back of a milk carton someday."

Craig never had to answer the questions, as he and his lawyer offered to compromise on visits soon after the request was made.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/p...ORY_S1.article