PDA

View Full Version : Burke's school

candy
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I wanted to set the record straight that Burke Ramsey does indeed attend a Public school as I have posted, not a "private" or other such nonsense as is being posted by libel boards.

LovelyPigeon
02-23-2004, 04:38 PM
candy, I take that to mean in Charlevoix, MI, where the Ramseys now live.

When the Ramseys lived in Atlanta Burke attended a private school.

twilight
02-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Are they in Charlesvoix? I could have sworn I saw something to indicate they had settled quite a bit south of there, but in Michigan, all the same. Closer to MIT. Can't think of the name right now, but if I take a moment, I'll be able to picture it, I'm sure.

Sabrina
02-23-2004, 07:20 PM
As someone pointed out on another forum, Don Gentile's article in the N.E. states that Burke attends a Christian Day School. So there have been conflicting bits of information printed.

I fail to see why what school he goes to is such a big deal anyway.

Nehemiah
02-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Candy, do you consider this a "libel board"?

What school does Burke attend? Charlevoix High?

BrotherMoon
02-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I fail to see why what school he goes to is such a big deal anyway.

Because he could be the Achilles' heel in Patsy's house of cards. (Horrible mix of metaphors, I know.)

The "Burke watch" will be on his entire life and will grow more intense the closer he gets to independence.

Shylock
02-23-2004, 11:39 PM
The "Burke watch" will be on his entire life and will grow more intense the closer he gets to independence.
Yeah, you imagine John and Pats worst nightmare is Burke going off to college, doing a few shots in the dorm, and getting loose lips.

gretchen
02-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Because he could be the Achilles' heel in Patsy's house of cards. (Horrible mix of metaphors, I know.)

I truly hope the media leaves Burke alone, although I am sure that won't happen. I do not think Burke is connected to his sister's murder, but I do think he knows more than we ever will know.
I pray Burke will find peace in his life. It has to be so hard on him to change schools at his age.

Sabrina
02-24-2004, 10:47 AM
I hope they leave him alone too, there have been snippettes about Sidney Simpson over the years and I was just thinking of her, she should be about the same age or a little older now.

maketoast
02-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I hope they leave him alone too, there have been snippettes about Sidney Simpson over the years and I was just thinking of her, she should be about the same age or a little older now.
Well, unless this case is solved, I have a feeling the Media will never leave Burke alone. And even if it was solved, IMO they would still follow him around...their thoughts..."He is the Brother of JonBenet Ramsey"! So, will he be left alone, hope so, but doubt it!

BlueCrab
02-24-2004, 12:06 PM
The way I interpret the evidence Burke was involved somehow in this crime, and there may have been a fifth person (and maybe even a sixth person) in the house that night who was also involved. If that fifth person was a kid about Burke's age, I'd be willing to walk away from the case and help put it to bed forever, as Boulder authorities seem to be trying to do.

But, based on some unusual happenings in the case, I feel that fifth person may not have been a kid and, if so, someone's getting away with murder. An adult getting away with murder would be 100% wrong no matter how you slice it.

JMO

DocWatson
02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
An adult getting away with murder would be 100% wrong no matter how you slice it.

JMO
Yep, which is EXACTLY why it's so improbable to imagine PR, JR and an army of LE complicit in such a cover-up.

twilight
03-01-2004, 04:36 PM
What school does Burke attend? Charlevoix High?

IMO

I thought I heard he went to Dexter High.

WolfmarsGirl
03-02-2004, 04:48 AM
I wanted to set the record straight that Burke Ramsey does indeed attend a Public school as I have posted, not a "private" or other such nonsense as is being posted by libel boards.

Candy, who cares what school Burke goes to? Poor kid. It probably doesn't matter where he attends school. His life is ruined anyway...

Also, what is a 'libel board?' Is that anything like a 'surf board?'
'Labor board?'
'Snow board?'
:confused:

In any case, cheer up. Why are you so angry? :cool:

Toth
03-02-2004, 10:58 AM
His life is ruined anyway...Actually, I hear he is handling the loss of his sister quite well, has a little more of a problem handling the intruder not having been caught and despite his parents trying to keep him unaware of the malicious statements being made about him, he seems to be aware of it and seems to be rising above that too.

BlueCrab
03-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Actually, I hear he is handling the loss of his sister quite well, has a little more of a problem handling the intruder not having been caught and despite his parents trying to keep him unaware of the malicious statements being made about him, he seems to be aware of it and seems to be rising above that too.

Toth,

Please provide a source for that information or distribute knee-high boots to WS readers. Thanks.

JMO

candy
03-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm obviously not going to say the name of Burke's school except that it is a public school, not a Christian day school, or anything else.

Nehemiah
03-02-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm obviously not going to say the name of Burke's school except that it is a public school, not a Christian day school, or anything else.

Not trying to be snippety here, but why would you start a thread on it if you weren't going to give comment? What does it matter then? It could be viewed that you are leading posters to comment "libelously" regarding Burke, just by starting a thread on the topic of his school. Charlevoix is a very small town and area, and it would not be difficult for anyone to find out where he attends school, just by doing a little research.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the intent of the thread is confusing to me, IMO.

twilight
03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
This is a private forum were the hosts guarantee the behaviour of the participants, is it not? What's the problem Candy?

As for parents protecting Burke, isn't he old enough to pretty much launch out on his own? I'm thinking - unless he's not as bright as Patsy predicted - he'll be away to College next fall.

Maybe he'll want to take over the investigation. I can reference several Colleges in the States, in Canada, and even better yet, the UK, that offer linguistic analysis, so 's he can take an informed look at the Ransom Note. Or maybe he'd be more interested in a career in forensics, you know DNA analysis, hair analysis, or even medicine - so's he can read the autopsy report to his parents and explain what it means in a compassionate, intimate manner.

Or he could become an engineer like his Dad, and explain to BC and others that you cannot modify a 7 seater aircraft to take extra passengers and not forfeit luggage or fuel or something. Of course, as an engineer he would be able to tell you which chemicals have a ghostly greyish-silver appearance...reminiscent of a dead body.

Or, maybe he'll go into journalism, or hey, hang on a minute...what about the Mr. World competition? Is he being groomed, I wonder as I type?

Anyway, the possibilities are endless, and I'm sure - exciting. And I'm glad some of you are disinterested, but I'm sure not.

Why as a psychological study alone, where Burke winds up will be fascinating. How does the death of a sibling that is never resolved affect the remaining child? Then you could do all the - was it because he suspected his parents/step-siblings/Santa/friends, Romans, countrymen??? that he...blah, blah, blah? How did the abandoned family dog factor in? ... not to mention 'stray dogs' and 'fat cats.'

Sorry, he's not normal now, and he never will be. His sister was murdered. That is not a normal occurrence.

candy
03-02-2004, 01:15 PM
A slime thread was started on a libel board trying to insinuate that the Ramseys left Atlanta because of Burke. That is a lie, and their other assertion that he went to some type of special school (again indicating " a problem" with Burke) is a lie.

Nehemiah
03-02-2004, 01:20 PM
A slime thread was started on a libel board trying to insinuate that the Ramseys left Atlanta because of Burke. That is a lie, and their other assertion that he went to some type of special school (again indicating " a problem" with Burke) is a lie.

Was that slime thread started here at WS?

Why did the Ramseys leave Atlanta, and what is your source for it not being because of Burke?

IMO

twilight
03-02-2004, 01:44 PM

But Burke does have a 'problem.' His sister was murdered when he was just a young boy. It made newspapers - worldwide. I'd say that's a pretty big 'problem.' Puberty saw him sitting before a grand jury who were attempting to make a case against his mother.

PROBLEM should be his middle name.

So, is it Dexter?

Ivy
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Candy, are your lawyers really watching everything that's said on the forums because, in your opinion, everyone is libeling Burke?

Edited to add: You never did answer my question as to whether you send WS posts to your buddy Lin Wood. DO YOU?

IMO

Tricia
03-02-2004, 07:30 PM
IVY good point. I notice Candy isn't having a meltdown when someone on WS mentions their belief that Burke did it.

Candy has a problem with FFJ. She goes to any and every board she can to try and discredit us.

I am wondering about what Ivy said Candy. Are you reporting WS as well?

I am hoping that WS will not allow Candy to trash another forum on WS.

CS is closed down, Purgatory is getting sick of her. I hope she leaves all of you alone.

WS is a great board. I love it.

Tricia
PS. Candy please give Lin Wood my phone number. Have him call me if he has a problem ok?

Shylock
03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Toth,
Please provide a source for that information or distribute knee-high boots to WS readers. Thanks.

LOL! - Good one BC! Now that Toth's master and commander has been excommunicated from the Ramsey fold, he has no source for personal information about them.

Don't you find it strange that at no time in 7-years has any of Burke's friends/peers come forward anywhere on the Internet to defend him, or show any type of support for him? I find that to be VERY strange and unbelieveable. In comparison, there are hundreds of kids posting their opinions and experiences with Harris and Kliebold, the Colombine shooters.

Shylock
03-02-2004, 07:50 PM

So Candy, just how would YOU know what the Ramseys motive was for leaving Atlanta?
If the Ramseys moved to MI because that's where Burke will attend college I don't see that as "indicating a problem with Burke". (Unless of course, they want to keep him on a short leash so he doesn't spill the beans.)

Cain
03-02-2004, 08:28 PM
"I'm obviously not going to say the name of Burke's school"... can translate to "Ireally don't know" or "I just suppose". Hilarious.

Jayelles
03-03-2004, 06:51 AM
There are two ways of looking at this:-

1) The Ramseys have stated that Atlanta was where they liked to be - that it was "home". Did they uproot THEMSELVES from the place where they felt was home and moved - for Burke's sake (maybe he had problems through no fault of his own). Loving, compassionate parents and all that?

OR

2) According to B, Ramsey friend from j_ameson's , Burke liked Atlanta and didn't want to move. So did the ramseys selfishly uproot HIM and move to another State - regardless of his feelings?

candy is suggesting that the former is libelous towards Burke. I sugeest Candy looks the word "libel" up in the dictionary. I fail to see how it is libelous to suggest that parents did something selfless for the sake of their child.

cappuccina
03-03-2004, 10:32 AM
...is a really, really, small place...

In addition to Charlevoix High, there are other public high schools in the surrounding counties/area, as well as an alternative high school for "troubled youth" ...

If you live in Charlevoix Couty, you have "schools of choice" priveleges for that county, i.e., you can go to any public or public-charter school in that county...

http://www.charlevoixcounty.org/community0003.asp

JMO

Nehemiah
03-03-2004, 01:40 PM
The other public high school in Charlevoix is listed as Northwest Academy, which is a charter school. Perhaps when the Natl Enq reported that Burke was attending a "private" school, they mistakenly thought Northwest Academy was private, due to its name? Just thinking out loud here.

IMO

cappuccina
03-03-2004, 01:51 PM
...have made this mistake...

And, we do not even know if he is going to school in Charlevoix...As I said, the other high schools in Charlevoix county would not be far...

Nehemiah
03-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Candy never referred to where the school was located. She must not know. The towns are all in fairly close proximity.

IMO

cappuccina
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
...I've been through there, and it is very much an area of small towns...

She is probably just guessing, unless he is in an alternative situation (also public), and she's not talking...JMO...BTW, I do NOT think that Burke had anything to do with this... What happened to JBR, was IMO, the result of child abuse and a subsequent cover-up... If Burke were to be found in an alternative HS situation or in need of counseling it would be because of the residual effects of what happened and who he is living with - JMO again:

That is, children are EXTREMELY and PERMANENTLY affected by physical and emotional violence in the home, and it would be very scary, IMO, living in a situation, where there is a damned good possibility that Mom went ballistic and whacked your younger sibling, and then categorically denied it with Dad's help and protection...JMO, of course...

twilight
03-03-2004, 04:46 PM
...That is, children are EXTREMELY and PERMANENTLY affected by physical and emotional violence in the home, and it would be very scary, IMO, living in a situation, where there is a damned good possibility that Mom went ballistic and whacked your younger sibling, and then categorically denied it with Dad's help and protection...JMO, of course...

Hi Capp - well, put.

But I've been pouring over maps, and Dexter High is in the south end of the state close to MIT. Charlevoix is very northern, on the great lakes. So, which is it...did they return to Charlevoix, after selling their property, or did they buy in the south end of the state close to MIT? While browsing, I noticed that many schools integrate the gifted and the slower students in special needs programs. The school they attended in Colorado did, as does Dexter, and possibly some of those in Charlevoix as well.

Nehemiah
03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
It is very common here for Special Education to include "gifted". It usually falls within the same realm and receives funding to that effect.

I thought someone posted back last fall an article from a Michigan newspaper (maybe Charlevoix area) about the Rs moving to Charlevoix. Maybe someone else saved it or remembers.

IMO

tezi
03-04-2004, 06:29 PM
IVY good point. I notice Candy isn't having a meltdown when someone on WS mentions their belief that Burke did it.

Candy has a problem with FFJ. She goes to any and every board she can to try and discredit us.

I am wondering about what Ivy said Candy. Are you reporting WS as well?

I am hoping that WS will not allow Candy to trash another forum on WS.

CS is closed down, Purgatory is getting sick of her. I hope she leaves all of you alone.

WS is a great board. I love it.

Tricia
PS. Candy please give Lin Wood my phone number. Have him call me if he has a problem ok?

YOU ROCK!!!! FFJ is a wonderful forum, and I guess the only folks who have problems with it are the ones who don't want to see the truth come to light. JMO, of course.

TLynn
03-04-2004, 07:23 PM
I would want to live near my daughter's grave.

Maybe it's just their own way of thinking as - John was ready to leave Boulder with JonBenet's body still on the floor of their Colorado home.

Maybe they want to get away from the Stines.

Shylock
03-05-2004, 12:39 AM
I would want to live near my daughter's grave.
Maybe it's just their own way of thinking as - John was ready to leave Boulder with JonBenet's body still on the floor of their Colorado home.

I have a big problem with the guilty Ramseys trying to get the heck out of Dodge with JonBenet's body lying on the floor. But I don't see it as a big issue that they are moving away from the family cemetery. Remember that JR moved to Boulder leaving his daughter Beth's grave behind. I guess you have to live your own life and let the dead fend for themselves.

racecar8
03-05-2004, 10:25 AM
I have a big problem with the guilty Ramseys trying to get the heck out of Dodge with JonBenet's body lying on the floor. But I don't see it as a big issue that they are moving away from the family cemetery. Remember that JR moved to Boulder leaving his daughter Beth's grave behind. I guess you have to live your own life and let the dead fend for themselves.

I had a quick question, does anyone know the cause of death for Beth Ramsey?

cappuccina
03-05-2004, 10:59 AM
...in a car accident...

http://cbn.org/scottross%2Finterviews%2Fthe_jonbenet_ramsey_case_ part1.asp

(scroll down a bit, and you'll see where John talks about it...)

LovelyPigeon
03-18-2004, 01:25 AM
"The Ramseys' son, Burke, 17, attends Charlevoix High School. " -

http://www.freep.com/news/politics/ram16_20040316.htm
Hopefully that ends the private school debate.

BrotherMoon
03-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Burke "The Bomb" Ramsey. Tick tock, tick tock, BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait.

Shylock
03-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Just wait.
The fuse has already grown shorter...
The one article said that the Ramseys moved to MI so Burke could graduate high school there. That tells me there was some kind of problem with Burke in his school in GA. There is no such thing as a kid who attends 3 years of high school and then wants to be uprooted in his/her senior year. And I don't think even the ultra-selfish Ramseys would yank their son out of an environment he felt comfortable in, after all he has been through, for their own personal reasons.

Britt
03-18-2004, 02:01 PM

Just wait.
I agree with you.

Ivy
03-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Even if Burke someday feels the need to reveal deep, dark secrets he has regarding JonBenet's death, I don't think he would want to risk losing the financial security he enjoys with neither of his parents behind bars for murder...or, if he himself killed JonBenet, that he'd want to risk losing the money his parents made in lawsuits on his behalf, even though that probably couldn't happen.

He might someday spill the beans to his buddies, especially if he's had a few too many beers, but I won't hold my breath waiting for that. If he already spilled the beans to his pals in Atlanta, apparently nothing came of it.

imo

LovelyPigeon
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Burke will establish residency in MI and pay in-state tuition rather than out-of-state. Whether that is why they moved a year before college entrance, I don't know.

He isn't, as incorrectly reported elsewhere, in a private school in Charlevoix.

Nehemiah
03-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Candy must not have known which public school he attended. Thanks, LP, for the info.

IMO

Britt
03-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Even if Burke someday feels the need to reveal deep, dark secrets he has regarding JonBenet's death, I don't think he would want to risk losing the financial security he enjoys with neither of his parents behind bars for murder...or, if he himself killed JonBenet, that he'd want to risk losing the money his parents made in lawsuits on his behalf, even though that probably couldn't happen.
Since I don't think BDI, I don't think money will be an issue for him even if his parents are in prison. In any event, he could always take a page out of their book (pun intended) - write a book, do media tours, and otherwise feed off them like they've fed off JonBenet.

AutumnBorn
03-18-2004, 07:18 PM
...The one article said that the Ramseys moved to MI so Burke could graduate high school there. That tells me there was some kind of problem with Burke in his school in GA. There is no such thing as a kid who attends 3 years of high school and then wants to be uprooted in his/her senior year...

Well, yes there is a reason for someone to do exactly what the Ramsey's did and it's not an indication of trouble. Burke may want to attend college in Michigan and by moving when they did they can pay in-state tuition, rather than out of state. It makes financial sense.

Besides, it's not like John had a job then or anything that would keep them in Georgia. It appears that he was chronically unemployed up to his job at the web place. But he's looking for a better paying job already...politics.

AutumnBorn
03-18-2004, 07:21 PM
My bad. I read wrong. Patsy's the new bread winner and John is STILL not working?

Shylock
03-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Well, yes there is a reason for someone to do exactly what the Ramsey's did and it's not an indication of trouble. Burke may want to attend college in Michigan and by moving when they did they can pay in-state tuition, rather than out of state. It makes financial sense.

The difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition is only $15,000, and that would only be for the first year if they moved after Burke graduated high school. The following year they would be in-state residents.

The rich Ramseys (and poor little rich Burke who has all his civil suit winnings) would hardly be concerned about $15,000. That amount certainly wouldn't be worth taking Burke away from his school and friends.

That's if Burke has any friends. In 7-years not one single kid has ever posted on the Internet to defend Burke. BrotherMoon may be right when he says Burke is a psycho time bomb.

Britt
03-18-2004, 09:23 PM
The rich Ramseys (and poor little rich Burke who has all his civil suit winnings) would hardly be concerned about $15,000. That amount certainly wouldn't be worth taking Burke away from his school and friends.
I agree, Shylock.

IMO the move to Michigan is clearly all about John and Patsy. They are once again putting their own selfish agenda ahead of their child because their need to pretend to be important is a higher priority than being good parents. John's a Politician, y'know. Patsy just wants to be First Lady of Something/Anything and John is all she has to work with. Hopefully their only remaining child won't get murdered in the process.

LovelyPigeon
03-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Selfish agenda? Parents move all over this country every year with their children. Mostly the moves are for economic reasons. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons.

Sometimes the children are pleased to move, often they are not. Such is life. This is a very mobile society we live in.

I have never--NEVER--N-E-V-E-R--expected nor will I expect "Burke's friends" to post on the internet in his "defense".

I feel sure Burke and his friends know not/care not that this forum is even here.

eliza
03-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Unless things have changed I think high schools have different requirements for graduation. Could it be that maybe Burke didn't have enough credits to graduate from his high school in Atlanta but would meet the requirements to graduate from the Michigan school. This would save the Ramseys the embarrasment of Burke not being able to graduate with his class in Atlanta.

cookie
03-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Just guessing here. Maybe John has been thinking about this political move for quite a while. It sure wouldn't have been a secret that the guy up there wouldn't be able to run for his position again. There is usually a period of residency that has to be established before one can sign up in an election, but I have no idea about Michigan's requirements. Also, at most colleges, you are able to get in-state tuition status simply by living there when you enroll. The year waiting period usually pertains to high school sports activities and applies to senior year activities. He would certainly be able to claim his in-state tuition if his family owned property and resided there, and he lived with them.

Shylock
03-19-2004, 11:42 AM
I have never--NEVER--N-E-V-E-R--expected nor will I expect "Burke's friends" to post on the internet in his "defense".

Are you at all familiar with teenagers, LP? I'm shocked--SHOCKED--S-H-O-C-K-E-D that none of Burke's friends have spoken up in his defense. Take a trip around the net and see how many pages there are about Harris and Kliebold by kids who knew them at Colombine. If there is one thing teenagers like to do, it's express their opinion, no matter how stupid it might be.

The silence from any kids who know Burke is deafening, and says a lot about his lack of friends and/or possibly the controlled environment he lives in. And now this uprooting by his parents without consideration of Burke just adds to the strangeness of it all.

LovelyPigeon
03-19-2004, 10:39 PM
What's strange to you obviously isn't the least bit strange to me.

Trino
04-10-2004, 10:11 AM
I sincerely wonder about Burke and friends. I have never heard mention of his interaction with anyone other than his parents nor has there been any articles/talk about school acquaintances. How old is he now?

It will be interesting to see how the unsolved murder of his sister plays out during Burke's lifetime. Is college in the picture for him? (It will certainly be in the news if/when/where he applies.) Would a school not be interested in Burke because of unwanted media attention?

I agree that in college he may get loose-lipped. Do you suppose there will be a time in Burke's life when he will be compelled to give an interview? Burke's parents cannot protect him all of his life, which I feel they are still doing.

LovelyPigeon
04-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Trino, college is in the future for Burke. He has had, and I think will continue to have, a very low key public life, and will stay off the radar screen of the media.

Unless he draws attention to himself, his college life and private life are very likely to remain free of media scrutiny.

Texana
04-11-2004, 09:07 PM
I think it's highly unlikely Burke will ever talk openly about the case.

If he does know more than the "public" story, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by talking. Whether it's actual involvement or just knowing that the facts are different than the ones presented publicly, he has no motivation to make that known.

If he doesn't, he probably firmly believes that his parents have been unfairly maligned, and nothing he says will change that, and he has no love or trust of the media.

I don't think the key to this will ever come from Burke. Maybe when he's very, very old, he'll talk openly, but most of us will be too old to hear him or understand anything he says then... :eek: