PDA

View Full Version : Precious Doe- Erica Green -merged threads -

mysteriew
04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
A 4-6 yr old girl whose remains have never been identified. Kansas

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11517751.htm

sharon25
04-30-2005, 08:20 PM
She is definitely not forgotten. I hope and pray that someday we will be able to find out what really happened and bring people to justice.

ktanne1
05-05-2005, 08:14 AM
http://www.wral.com/news/4452117/detail.html

At last, bless this poor child.

Gabby
05-05-2005, 08:16 AM
\o/ Praise the Lord, Precious has been identified.

May the monsters that did this to this precious child get what they deserve.

audrey77
05-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Such a pretty name: Erica Michelle Maria Green.

lisag
05-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Finally !! Now justice can be served. Bless this little baby.

Dalilah
05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Oh my gosh. After all this time, I can hardly believe we know who she is now! I've got tears in my eyes.

Richard
05-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Girl Found Decapitated In 2001 No Longer Called 'Precious Doe'

May 5, 2005
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In a brief news release early Thursday morning, Kansas City police said that the young girl known for the past four years as Precious Doe has been identified.The girl referred to as "Precious Doe" since 2001, whose decapitated body was found in Kansas City, Mo., has been identified as Erica Michelle Maria Green, 3.

In April 2001, a young girl's decapitated body was found in a wooded area near Hibbs Park at 59th Street and Kensington Avenue in Kansas City, Mo. Her head was later found nearby. Until now, police have not been able to identify the girl, and there were very few solid leads in the case since that time.

The girl has now been identified as Erica Michelle Maria Green, 3.
Investigators will hold a news conference at 10 a.m. Thursday at police headquarters.Police Captain Rich Lockhart said everyone at the police department is "excited beyond words" by the development. Jackson County prosecutor Mike Sanders says he's been presented a file on the case and will be announcing charges.Police went to Muskogee, Okla., this week to check out a tip that an Oklahoma woman may be the mother of the young girl.

The information came from an Oklahoma man who contacted Kansas City activist Alonzo Washington after seeing an advertisement in a Kansas City newspaper. The man claimed to know the identity of Precious Doe and who killed her. The man claimed that Precious Doe's mother went to Kansas City in 2001 seeking a job, but became involved in drugs.

The man with the tip is a relative of the Johnsons, officials said. He said he had a granddaughter who he hasn't seen since 2001 when her mother, Michelle Johnson, took the 3-year-old girl to Kansas City.Two people were taken into custody in Oklahoma in connection with the case. The Muskogee Phoenix identified the pair as Harrell Johnson, 25, and Michelle Johnson, 30, both of Muskogee.The case has been widely publicized with police following up on more than 1,000 tips.....

Link:
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/4452117/detail.html

TaylorJ4
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Was Erica a missing child? Why hasn't anyone come forward sooner?

Shannon

less0305
05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh, I'm so glad this little girl was finally identified. I hope they determine what happened to her and put the monster away that did this to her.

mysteriew
05-05-2005, 10:38 AM
This is one case I never really had much hope of them solving. Thank God they proved me wrong. And I do hope that they are able to bring her killers to justice. This little one, like so many others- deserves it!
Now she can rest with a name and a grandfather who missed her.

2luvmy
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Thank goodness! I thought about her a lot! Now she has a name!!!! "Erica"

From the story it sounds like the grandfather called it in. The mother apparently went to Kansas City and then returned without the daughter and the grandfather saw a story about "Precious Doe".

RIP little one!

CaliKid
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM
This warms my heart. I am so thankful the people of Kansas City didn't give up on this child. God bless Erica.

curious1
05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
May her 'precious' soul Rest In Peace Now.

misterallgood
05-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Her name was Erica Michelle Marie Greene.

She was just shy of 4 when she was murdered in 2001. Her mother Michelle Johnson and father Harrell Johnson are in custody now and Michelle is awaiting extradition from Muskogee, OK to Kansas City, MO.

Here's one news article, and as I write a news conference is on CNN.

Precious Doe Mystery Solved. (http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?page=blognews/stories/UN0000223.txt)

Google search for "Precious Doe." (http://tinyurl.com/ajpvr)

mysteriew
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
She now has a name, and apparently a grandfather who missed her.
May she finally rest in peace.

christine2448
05-05-2005, 11:45 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=533&e=3&u=/ap/20050505/ap_on_re_us/precious_doe

I was busy this morning and havent' had a chance to read all the news posts, forgive me if this is old news...it just came up on my yahoo about 20 minutes ago.

Kindest regards to all!

dasgal
05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I just read this story a few minutes ago. I knew WS would have more news!
So so so sad. What a horrible and short life this little girl led. It's very depressing.
I hope the people of OK will get her a headstone.

Sudzi
05-05-2005, 04:11 PM
After all this time, she has a name.

Too bad nobody cared for this little one when she was alive, and thank God people cared for her after her death.
Sleep with the Angels Erica. :innocent:

mysteriew
05-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Mother charged in 2001 Precious Doe case

Police said it was the girl's stepfather who actually killed her with a kick to the head and then used hedge clippers to sever her head.

According to police, Johnson and her husband were with Erica in Kansas City when he delivered the fatal kick. Police said Johnson told them the couple let the girl lay motionless for two days, deciding not to seek medical care because there were warrants out for their arrests.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3168945

mysteriew
05-05-2005, 05:45 PM
"Roughly on April 28th, the stepfather in this case kicked the poor young girl Erica in the head," Sanders said. "After kicking her in the head, she essentially laid in the house for a roughly two-day period. It was after she quit moving, after I think it was fairly certain ... that she was no longer with us, that they decided to take her to the church..."

"At that point he takes her out of the car, takes her back into the wooded area, and obviously we find her later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/05/precious.doe/

mysteriew
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
During questioning, Michelle Johnson said she was Erica's mother and confessed to being involved in her death while the family was in Kansas City in 2001, Lockhart said.

Authorities allege Johnson's husband kicked Erica in the head, and the girl lay in the house for about two days, said Sanders.

"Roughly on April 28th, the stepfather in this case kicked the poor young girl Erica in the head," Sanders said. "After kicking her in the head, she essentially laid in the house for a roughly two-day period. It was after she quit moving, after I think it was fairly certain ... that she was no longer with us, that they decided to take her to the church..."

"At that point he takes her out of the car, takes her back into the wooded area, and obviously we find her later."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/05/precious.doe/

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3168945

Jillkfs
05-05-2005, 05:57 PM
This just makes me so incredibly sad for this poor little girl. To be laying there, for days, dying, ... oh, it's too much to bear.

I can't take this kind of news about children.

inquiringmindz
05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
May she finally be able to rest in peace.

Anniegirl
05-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I am so releived this little girls case has been solved..

Ive wanted since John Walsh brought this case to AMW, to find the creeps that did this to her, and they will pay now!!!

Schmerty_Jones
05-05-2005, 07:51 PM
That poor baby. Thank God the people of Kansas didn't give up. She did not have much of a life,but now with the angels she will have peace. I am so broken-hearted for what some little children must suffer.

LovelyPigeon
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Killed, beheaded, then thrown away 4 years ago--Precious Doe is finally identified as almost-4 Erica Michelle Marie Green.

Stepdad, Mom Charged in Precious Doe Slay
By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer
Thursday, May 5, 2005

(05-05) 16:47 PDT Kansas City, Mo. (AP) --

For four years, she was known only as Precious Doe, a little girl whose headless body was found along a road. On Thursday, police identified the girl, arrested her mother and stepfather on murder charges, and pronounced the sad mystery solved.

The girl with big brown eyes and neat cornrows in her hair was identified as Erica Michelle Marie Green, just shy of 4 when she was found.

Her mother, Michelle M. Johnson, 30, and stepfather Harrell Johnson, 25, were charged with murder and endangering the welfare of a child.

Police said Harrell Johnson admitted that under the influence of alcohol and the hallucinogenic drug PCP, he became angry with Erica when she refused to go to bed, grabbed her, kicked her and threw her to the ground, leaving her unconscious. After she died, he said he used hedge clippers to sever her head.

Both suspects were being held in Oklahoma, where they live.

"We have closure," Police Chief James Corwin said. "The little girl that we've known for four years as Precious Doe has a name."--->> http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/05/05/national/a153837D94.DTL&sn=001&sc=712

May they spend the rest of their lives in prison!

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-05-2005, 09:34 PM
My God, this beautiful little girl ... my heart breaks every time we hear these horrible stories. I just can't make sense of this. How beautiful she was in her pretty white dress. Why couldn't she have been blessed with parents that adored her? Why can't they all? :(

Jack
05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Such a pretty little girl with a pretty name. How sad that it took her death to find out how much she was cared for. This child should be the poster child for why young single moms should be helped and encouraged to make a good life for their children and not be so dependant on a man. Maybe then the mother would have had enough self respect to wait until she was able to pick a man who would be good to her and her children. It's just so sad that the children have to bear the punishment for their parents' bad choices.

browneyes
05-05-2005, 11:31 PM
This is such a horrible crime. I cannot believe they decapitated her. :furious:

Bless whoever turned in the tip.

This has to stop happening to our children. :banghead:

golfmom
05-06-2005, 07:17 AM
"Washington said a grandfather of one of the individuals involved in the case came forward, talking with him and detectives last weekend. He said the source, who had spoken to police before on the case, sent photographs of the child as well as hair samples from the child and the mother."

I am so glad that there is resolution to this case. Children are not disposable!

Kymistry35
05-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I am so glad that she finally has a name! This case stuck with me for so long, that poor grandfather!

mrs4point0
05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I just don't understand people. How can a mother let someone hurt her child in such a way and DO NOTHING? That is just not in my nature. I can typically put myself in another's shoes, but not on something like this. There is just no amount of reasoning that could get me to understand.

HappyChic727
05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
What a beautiful little face. What monsters for parents. I really wonder if we should just use the "eye for an eye" technique for punishment rather than jailing someone or quietly putting them to death. How did they live with themselves for this long? How did the mother not hate the step-father? How did they keep Erica's death a secret for all of this time? Geez, this world makes me crazy.

KatherineQ
05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
It's astonishing, isn't it, that the mother would stand by this guy. It just . . . defies belief.

So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-06-2005, 11:39 AM
So often in cases like this the mother who stands there and does nothing while her man kills her child gets worse punishment than the man who actually kills the kid - not sure I agree with that - but I bet that will happen in this case too.That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.

cami
05-06-2005, 11:53 AM
That's a good question ... who deserves the harsher punishment? In many cases, I would think that they both deserve equal punishment. In some cases, I think that the mother that stands idly by deserves a harsher punishment because in addition to the unthinkable things that the child has suffered, the mother has added betrayal on top of it. Like you, I can't imagine how a mother can allow something like this to happen, and then stay with the man that murdered her child. I imagine that there are mental mechanisms there that I can't fully comprehend.

My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.

PaperDoll
05-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I read this yesterday on my MSN homepage :( :( :( :( and it made me sick and just broke my heart.. put me in a really bad mood.. What a darling little girl she was...

HappyChic727
05-06-2005, 12:57 PM
My wish would be that they throw both of them in a dungeon somewhere and forget about them. I cried and cried last night finally seeing her picture and how cute and sweet she appeard to be. Why do these parents do these horrendous things to their own children. If they don't want them, give them to me, I'll take them.

Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.

cami
05-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Awe, that's so nice. You would end up with a ton of kids. If you've ever seen any of my posts about my neighborhood kids, you would know that I am the same way. I feed them, talk to them, play with them, burn music for them, sing with them, read to them, take them places . . . and they aren't even mine . . . but they bring something to me too . . . in their little faces, in their little ways, in their laughter, in their tears. Yes, this little girl was so innocent in all of this but she, like Laci and Conner, had a big part to play in their time on earth and we should be forever grateful to them for bringing awareness to us . . . and Jessica L. . . . I just love her Dad . . . what a great guy. We have to put an end to all of this senselessness by opening our eyes, ears and hearts and stepping in when we see something wrong. I yell at my own brother if I think he's too hard on his step-son. He doesn't like it, but I have to live with myself.

Ah yes, i've done the same thing with the neighbourhood kids. I usually start the first snowball fight of the year and buy the first popsicles of the summer for all the street. I've always done that, I used to feed my friends and was always dragging someone home with me. My mum used to call them "Cami's wounded birds" lol. Then I continued with my own son's friends and my great nieces and newphew. I have one of my son's friends living with me now while my son is out on his own.

I'll take them all. I wanted a large family, I have five siblings. I didn't get it so I still long for the rest of them. Maybe my son will give me a dozen grandbabies. Wouldn't that be nice, lOL.

I just cannot fathom why someone would kill their own children. If they want rid of them, give them to me.

luvbeaches
05-06-2005, 03:18 PM
A friend of mine did all the latent print work on this case. I haven't talked with her yet, but I know everyone who worked on this case (and others who just watched it unfold), were hoping for this day.

From the beginning, I just couldn't understand how no one would miss a child. It's hard to believe the mom had her little girl a little more than a week, and then this happened (At least that's what I believe I read in the morning paper).

It's all sick...but how in the world (or why) did this freak of a step-dad cut her head off? I guess he thought they wouldn't be able to identify her? I guess he doesn't know about DNA....Poor little baby. :(

gardenmom
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I am so happy that she has a name. This news certainly has been long coming. I hope these parents both rot in jail. How cruel they are to have done this. I can almost understand that they freaked out when she died at the abuse (OK, no I cannot understand), but to decapitate her is too much for words.

LovelyPigeon
05-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Was Erica Michelle Marie Green a child previously reported missing, and if so, what were the circumstances?

concernedperson
05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
A friend of mine did all the latent print work on this case. I haven't talked with her yet, but I know everyone who worked on this case (and others who just watched it unfold), were hoping for this day.

From the beginning, I just couldn't understand how no one would miss a child. It's hard to believe the mom had her little girl a little more than a week, and then this happened (At least that's what I believe I read in the morning paper).

It's all sick...but how in the world (or why) did this freak of a step-dad cut her head off? I guess he thought they wouldn't be able to identify her? I guess he doesn't know about DNA....Poor little baby. :(

This case leaves an open gaping whole in my heart. These behaviors are incomprehensible.All I can do is cry.

luvbeaches
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
This case leaves an open gaping whole in my heart. These behaviors are incomprehensible.All I can do is cry.

It is just so sad, but what's interesting is the police actually talked with the mom (after the body was found, they went door-to-door in the area), and she sent them on a wild goose chase looking for some "stranger" she saw in the area.

This woman had eight children (I believe), and at one point, the authorities thought that they were all accounted for (they are in state custody).

Every now and then something so horrible happens, it takes my breath away. This is one of those things. But thank God, she has finally been identified. Hard to believe that monster of a mom and step-dad only had her for a week...then they killed her. :(

CaliKid
05-07-2005, 02:16 AM
How sad! Strangers cared more about this baby than her own mother did.

I hope the courts throw the book at Erica's mom and stepfather and give them a good long prison sentence to think about what they did to her. Rest in peace, angel.

madgallico
05-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Thank you to the grandfather to put a name to this poor innocent child so she can rest in peace.
Unbelievable what some people can do to their children & then just leave them to die! :furious:
How the **** does someone just kick a baby in the head? Then sit there & let her die because they're afraid of the consequences? :confused: :furious:

Sudzi
05-07-2005, 06:52 AM
I read this yesterday on my MSN homepage :( :( :( :( and it made me sick and just broke my heart.. put me in a really bad mood.. What a darling little girl she was...
This one gets to me the same way PaperDoll. I have a little one at home just shy of 4, the same age as Erica.
I worked late yesterday and she was asleep when I got home. I climbed into her bed and slept there all night....holding her.
So many people cared about this baby....worked to find out who she was, gave her a beautiful burial, it's heartbreaking that her mother didn't care about her a bit.....but strangers loved her in death.

mrs4point0
05-07-2005, 07:21 PM
An update:

'Precious Doe' Beaten in Days Before Death'

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/precious_doe

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE DO ANYTHING?

luvbeaches
05-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Thank you to the grandfather to put a name to this poor innocent child so she can rest in peace.
Unbelievable what some people can do to their children & then just leave them to die! :furious:
How the **** does someone just kick a baby in the head? Then sit there & let her die because they're afraid of the consequences? :confused: :furious:

Last night I caught the tail end of a report where they were interviewing a family member. This woman said how awful the step-dad was to the little girl, and how he threatened to harm her (maybe even said kill her), and he would "whoop" her all the time. Now, IMO, this woman is as guilty as the mom and step-dad. She knew things were bad, but she di absolutely nothing. I can't imagine going on tv and telling the world I saw things happen...but did nothing. They should charge her as well.

mysteriew
05-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Some of the hair came from the mother's brush, and she gave some of it to the tipster after he told her he would put it in a Bible under the 23rd Psalm to bring her good luck, said Alonzo Washington, a Kansas City community activist who has long championed efforts to identify the girl.

Washington said the tipster, who does not want his name released, first contacted police nearly a year ago and gave them all the pertinent details about the case, but investigators did not believe him.

"He is very clever, but he is not the most articulate-sounding person, and I think that made them dismiss him," Washington said. "They probably thought 'This is some Okie from Muskogee, and he doesn't know what he's talking about

Police investigators said the tipster was in touch with them numerous times since July 2004, but his information was incomplete. Then, on April 29, "He called back with a lot more detailed information," said Kansas City police spokesman Darrin Snap.

According to court papers, Harrell Johnson beat the girl one night in April 2001 and the couple left her unconscious on the floor for two days. They did not seek medical help, the mother said, because both had warrants out for their arrest.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=735623

mysteriew
05-07-2005, 11:20 PM
In her final month of life, little Erica Green sobbed often.

Plucked from the only home she'd known, she cried because she lived with strangers in a strange town. Beaten until she threw up, she cried because she hurt.

Those sad details come from Lawanda Driskell, in whose house 3-year-old Erica died four years ago.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11586288.htm

mysteriew
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
During a court appearance April 1, 2002, in Muskogee, Harrell pleaded guilty to several crimes and then was allowed into a different courtroom so he and Michelle could be married by a judge.

In 2003, while Harrell Johnson was imprisoned in Watonga, Okla., Michelle Johnson completed a court-ordered drug rehabilitation program. But Michelle would relapse, Lewis said. The state took custody of the three children she had with Harrell.

By then, Erica had been dead for two years.

The next year, Michelle Johnson was sentenced to five years of probation for forging a check. She was ordered to pay $700 in fines and court costs. While applying to defer payment, she completed a document listing her children.

She included Erica in the list, writing that the girl was 7.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11586282.htm

OriginalJerseyGirl
05-07-2005, 11:34 PM
The next year, Michelle Johnson was sentenced to five years of probation for forging a check. She was ordered to pay $700 in fines and court costs. While applying to defer payment, she completed a document listing her children.

She included Erica in the list, writing that the girl was 7.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11586282.htm
These are all such heart-breaking details. Hearing about the last month of her short life is tearing me apart. To hear that the mother then used Erica's name for her own selfish needs, two years after allowing her to lie dying on the floor for two days ... I just can't believe it. I have no words for what I'm feeling right now.

mysteriew
05-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Deep into an interrogation with investigators Wednesday, Michelle M. Johnson — Precious Doe's mother — flipped over a photo of her slain daughter, police said, and shakily scribbled something on the back.

It was an apology

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11576023.htm

blueberryeyore
05-08-2005, 10:18 AM
I just don't understand people. How can a mother let someone hurt her child in such a way and DO NOTHING? That is just not in my nature. I can typically put myself in another's shoes, but not on something like this. There is just no amount of reasoning that could get me to understand.
I don't understand this either. That mother should have been more concerned for her child than as to what would have happened to that man she was with and of herself! Warrents or not, her child should have been her main concern. And to dispose of her like she was garbarge is heartless. How anyone could live with themselves is beyond me.

katbug
05-08-2005, 02:48 PM
it's great lawanda driskell is finally coming out with all this info now that this child has been identified. I wonder what her reason is for standing by while this child was beaten by this man. What is wrong with these people? she may not have murdered her, but she stated this poor baby lived a brutal life and yet she did nothing!!

CaliKid
05-14-2005, 12:19 AM
This story makes me extremely angry. When are people going to realize they can't just "mind their own business" when the life of a child is involved. This Lawanda Driskell had a duty to inform Child Services about the threats and the beatings. And she definitely should've followed up when she suspected that "Precious" was Erica.

sharon25
05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
An update:

'Precious Doe' Beaten in Days Before Death'

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/precious_doe

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE DO ANYTHING?

That woman is just as bad as the mother.
"We could hear her screaming in the back bedroom," Lawanda Driskell told The Kansas City Star in Saturday's editions.

I hope that every night when she closes her eyes to sleep, she will ALWAYS hear poor little ericka's screams.

Should could've prevented this and she could've saved that baby.

People really make me sick!:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

marylandmissing
05-14-2005, 09:06 AM
That woman is just as bad as the mother.
"We could hear her screaming in the back bedroom," Lawanda Driskell told The Kansas City Star in Saturday's editions.
I hope that every night when she closes her eyes to sleep, she will ALWAYS hear poor little ericka's screams.

Should could've prevented this and she could've saved that baby.

People really make me sick!:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
There's reasons why people don't call, which aren't understood by most.
1. Many of these people have already had their kids removed by social services or have been scrutinized by them.
2. Drug are hot in these types of areas and no one wants the "heat" on them.
3. Many people feel it's not their business.
4. Many people think the days of 'beating a child's a**' need to come back in
5. Minorities especially feel that social services is a 'white institute' and no well off white lady in the white cadillac has any business coming and taking their kids
6. Many people think foster care is no better than existing situations
7. Many people think it's best to handle things without getting police or other agencies involved

sharon25
05-14-2005, 10:57 AM
1. Many of these people have already had their kids removed by social services or have been scrutinized by them.
5. Minorities especially feel that social services is a 'white institute' and no well off white lady in the white cadillac has any business coming and taking their kids
7. Many people think it's best to handle things without getting police or other agencies involved
1- probably for good reason.
2- they could call in an Anonymous tip.
3- it's EVERYONES BUSINESS TO PROTECT A CHILD
4- stupidity. There's a HUGE difference in disciplining a child and ABUSING a child.
5- I have yet to meet a social worker that can afford a cadillac.
6- Foster care has it's issues, yes. But most kids in foster care don't get their head bashed in and then left for dead and then have their corpse mutilated.
7- She could've "Handled It" by contacting the police. OR defending the child.
This was obviously not a one time incident.:snooty:

Stupidity does not equal lack of guilt or blame.

marylandmissing
05-14-2005, 12:34 PM

1- probably for good reason. Many kids are beaten in middle-class homes every day of the week..Think Social Services is going to treat a two-family parent living in a 600k house the same as a poor mother with five kids living in public assistance? One’s going to get chalked up as a bratty kid whose parents didn’t give him his Ritalin that morning after a lawyer’s threat, and the other is going to be told to show up for court in the morning.

Let’s not forget that many children in foster care don’t have “bad parents,” they have parents in the hospital with no one to take care of them, parents who die, handicapped or disabled parents, and quite often, their parents are deported to another country. (The latter is what is making up a good portion of foster care these days)

2- they could call in an Anonymous tip. – Course they could. Most calls are anonymous, but spend one day on the streets of Washington, DC and see how many people call “anonymous” tips in to the police or any authorities. People lose their lives over this every day.

3- it's EVERYONES BUSINESS TO PROTECT A CHILD – Go into an inner-city ghetto and suggest this. It’s complete disrespect to interfere with another person’s parenting in the ‘hood.

4- stupidity. There's a HUGE difference in disciplining a child and ABUSING a child.

One person’s version of discipline might be abuse to another. I know people who will quickly call social services if they see a parent spank a kid who ran in front of a car. I had some woman once in a store threaten to call the police on my friend because she pinched her daughter who was severely acting up. My sister-in-law is a teacher and had a parent try to have her arrested and fired for restraining their child who was hitting another kid.

I know people who will slap their teen’s mouth in a heartbeat and put them up against a wall if they sass, is that abuse? I know people who believe at about the age of 4 you need to give your kid one good beating and they will never act up again because you just have to threaten them with that. I know people who have lost their temper with their children once or twice, but do not go around beating their kids day in and day out. I know someone whose son got a severe cut after her bipolar son whose son tried to hit her and missed and his hand went through a window. He lied and said she did it and she was arrested for child abuse. Know another woman who put a mark on her son, but it wasn’t intentional. She was cooking and he came over and was pulling on her leg right when she was trying to move a hot pot and she kicked him really hard out of protection. Kid couldn’t go to school for a week. Is that abuse? It's hard to say what is clear-cut abuse or one time incidents, unintentional abuse, etc.
This situation is a little unique and reminds me of the Jahi Turner case. Erick and Jahi had never been raised by their parents, and both died within weeks of their "real parent" claiming them.

We also do not know what goes on in most people’s houses. I personally have know one woman who is a noted school teacher - even has won lots of awards, puts on the sweetest act around people - I mean everyone who knows this woman think's she's so great, but behind close doors she’s an alcoholic with a ferocious temper.

They are there, but I do have to admit not really in DHS anymore. The pay for state social worker’s is piss poor, so they all try to get in private companies where they make double their salary. What’s in DHS? Lots of people who are just staying there a year or so to get experience to move to the private sector, people who barely speak English, or people who won’t be hired elsewhere.

6- Foster care has it's issues, yes. But most kids in foster care don't get their head bashed in and then left for dead and then have their corpse mutilated.

They don’t? I’ve read just in the last week about four social worker’s pleading guilty to molesting children, one leaving a kid in a vehicle for four hours, and one drinking and driving with a child in the car, and one who beat a child in her care. In foster care, I’ve read about nine molestations this week, six abuse arrests, one starvation death, and one child beaten to death. In Baltimore, MD, there’s a HUGE problem here with children dying in foster care. Let’s not even forget that social services has lost track of over 10,000 children across the US. Is this where you want your kid? Sorry, I wouldn’t want mine there.

As I said, you don’t interfere in the ghetto. What I personally would have done in her shoes is knocked on the door and said I was taking my kid’s to the park and can I take yours too? This is what works in the ghetto…

PS - I'm not advocating this woman's actions - I'm just saying a lot of people have no experience with inner city cultures and apply the why's to their own backyard.

sharon25
05-14-2005, 01:12 PM

1- probably for good reason. Many kids are beaten in middle-class homes every day of the week..Think Social Services is going to treat a two-family parent living in a 600k house the same as a poor mother with five kids living in public assistance? One’s going to get chalked up as a bratty kid whose parents didn’t give him his Ritalin that morning after a lawyer’s threat, and the other is going to be told to show up for court in the morning.

Let’s not forget that many children in foster care don’t have “bad parents,” they have parents in the hospital with no one to take care of them, parents who die, handicapped or disabled parents, and quite often, their parents are deported to another country. (The latter is what is making up a good portion of foster care these days)

2- they could call in an Anonymous tip. – Course they could. Most calls are anonymous, but spend one day on the streets of Washington, DC and see how many people call “anonymous” tips in to the police or any authorities. People lose their lives over this every day.

3- it's EVERYONES BUSINESS TO PROTECT A CHILD – Go into an inner-city ghetto and suggest this. It’s complete disrespect to interfere with another person’s parenting in the ‘hood.

One person’s version of discipline might be abuse to another. I know people who will quickly call social services if they see a parent spank a kid who ran in front of a car. I had some woman once in a store threaten to call the police on my friend because she pinched her daughter who was severely acting up. My sister-in-law is a teacher and had a parent try to have her arrested and fired for restraining their child who was hitting another kid.

I know people who will slap their teen’s mouth in a heartbeat and put them up against a wall if they sass, is that abuse? I know people who believe at about the age of 4 you need to give your kid one good beating and they will never act up again because you just have to threaten them with that. I know people who have lost their temper with their children once or twice, but do not go around beating their kids day in and day out. I know someone whose son got a severe cut after her bipolar son whose son tried to hit her and missed and his hand went through a window. He lied and said she did it and she was arrested for child abuse. Know another woman who put a mark on her son, but it wasn’t intentional. She was cooking and he came over and was pulling on her leg right when she was trying to move a hot pot and she kicked him really hard out of protection. Kid couldn’t go to school for a week. Is that abuse? It's hard to say what is clear-cut abuse or one time incidents, unintentional abuse, etc.
This situation is a little unique and reminds me of the Jahi Turner case. Erick and Jahi had never been raised by their parents, and both died within weeks of their "real parent" claiming them.

We also do not know what goes on in most people’s houses. I personally have know one woman who is a noted school teacher - even has won lots of awards, puts on the sweetest act around people - I mean everyone who knows this woman think's she's so great, but behind close doors she’s an alcoholic with a ferocious temper.

They are there, but I do have to admit not really in DHS anymore. The pay for state social worker’s is piss poor, so they all try to get in private companies where they make double their salary. What’s in DHS? Lots of people who are just staying there a year or so to get experience to move to the private sector, people who barely speak English, or people who won’t be hired elsewhere.

They don’t? I’ve read just in the last week about four social worker’s pleading guilty to molesting children, one leaving a kid in a vehicle for four hours, and one drinking and driving with a child in the car, and one who beat a child in her care. In foster care, I’ve read about nine molestations this week, six abuse arrests, one starvation death, and one child beaten to death. In Baltimore, MD, there’s a HUGE problem here with children dying in foster care. Let’s not even forget that social services has lost track of over 10,000 children across the US. Is this where you want your kid? Sorry, I wouldn’t want mine there.

As I said, you don’t interfere in the ghetto. What I personally would have done in her shoes is knocked on the door and said I was taking my kid’s to the park and can I take yours too? This is what works in the ghetto…

PS - I'm not advocating this woman's actions - I'm just saying a lot of people have no experience with inner city cultures and apply the why's to their own backyard.
I have to say that it all sounds like an excuse.
Like kids who live in the ghetto should be treated differently?

If people stopped having that kind of attitude (It's not MY business)
the would would be a better place!

On a side note: I am not attacking you ;) Just wanted to make that clear.

any for what it's worth. I've lived in the ghetto- I've also stood in line for food to feed me and my daughter, and I've gone to places like the salvation army as well for food.
I've been very close to living in my car once as well.

sharon25
05-14-2005, 01:15 PM
If It wasn't for erica's grandfather- no one would've ever found her name, or her attackers.
At least I don't think they ever would've.
I don't think anyone in the inner city would've thought less of this "neighbor" for saving a child either.

Knocking on someone door to ask them if you could take their kids to the park also, from my knowledge, doesn't happen in the inner city.

mysteriew
05-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Tipster describes fight to be heard

The tipster in the Precious Doe case publicly identified himself Friday, saying he had called Kansas City police 40 to 50 times before they took him seriously.

Thurman McIntosh, 81, of Muskogee, Okla., finally called police again April 29 with information that led to the identity of Precious Doe as 3-year-old Erica Green. That information also led to the arrest of Michelle and Harrell Johnson. McIntosh is Harrell Johnson's grandfather. Michelle Johnson is Erica's mother.

McIntosh said he initially wanted to remain anonymous, because he didn't want people to know he had turned in his grandson. But he said he revealed his identity this week because his anonymity had already been compromised.

“The media already said it was the grandpa,” he said in a phone interview from his home in Muskogee. “That busted my confidentiality right there.”

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11643495.htm

mysteriew
05-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Two states are investigating Michelle Johnson for welfare fraud, a week after she was charged in the death of her daughter known in Kansas City as Precious Doe.

Welfare officials in Missouri and Oklahoma confirmed Thursday that their states recently opened investigations on Johnson. Officials would not say exactly what they are investigating.

“It appears there may have been welfare fraud,” said Dustin Pyeatt, spokesman for the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. “The investigation was brought about by the recent media attention in this case.”

Johnson also was receiving welfare benefits in Illinois, according to Kansas City police.

It is not known if Johnson received benefits from more than one state at the same time or which of her children received assistance. Because there isn't a nationwide database for welfare cases, a state would not know if a person is receiving benefits elsewhere.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11633308.htm

marylandmissing
05-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I have to say that it all sounds like an excuse.
Like kids who live in the ghetto should be treated differently?

If people stopped having that kind of attitude (It's not MY business)
the would would be a better place!

On a side note: I am not attacking you ;) Just wanted to make that clear.

any for what it's worth. I've lived in the ghetto- I've also stood in line for food to feed me and my daughter, and I've gone to places like the salvation army as well for food.
I've been very close to living in my car once as well.
Didn't take it as you are. :) Just shedding light on why people don't call social services. My perspective as well... Why should kids in the ghetto be treated differently? Good question - think it's a lack of education, lack of money, and a lack of know-how. You can have the same situation say a mother with a recent boyfriend who's moved in the house, her leaving the kids with him, a possible allegation of sexual abuse, and it very well may be handled differently. Someone in a middle-class area will be on the phone with an attorney before DHS is out the door, while someone in a poor area can't afford an attorney. Guess it goes along the lines of who's in prison - ? Is it people who could afford decent attorneys? Money talks

marylandmissing
05-14-2005, 04:35 PM
If It wasn't for erica's grandfather- no one would've ever found her name, or her attackers.
At least I don't think they ever would've.
I don't think anyone in the inner city would've thought less of this "neighbor" for saving a child either.

Knocking on someone door to ask them if you could take their kids to the park also, from my knowledge, doesn't happen in the inner city.

Depends on if you're tight with the neighbors or not. A stranger wouldn't knock on a door.

This is an example of what I am talking about when I talk about people afraid to speak up. In DC, there was a 8-year-old girl shot last year. No one, even people who witnessed the crime, would speak up. The police conducted one of the largest manhunts ever in DC to find the killer. It took months.

A 9-year-old was shot a couple months ago. There's a $75,000 reward in the case, yet, no one's talking...People are afraid to "rat" on others, and that's including child abuse in inner cities.

mysteriew
05-14-2005, 11:33 PM
I think what happened to the GF also influences the fact that things don't get reported. He didn't report until after the fact it is true. But after the child came up missing, he reported. And he reported again. And again.

All over, neighbors families and others make reports of what they suspect may be happening in an abuse situation. Maybe an investigation is made or maybe not (that is protected info, and cannot be discussed after the report is made. There is an assumption that it will be investigated). Nothing appears to change for the child. The only thing that changes is there is one or two mad parents going around trying to find out who made the reports. And possibly trying to get even. That is why people often don't want to make a report.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Didn't take it as you are. :) Just shedding light on why people don't call social services. My perspective as well... Why should kids in the ghetto be treated differently? Good question - think it's a lack of education, lack of money, and a lack of know-how. You can have the same situation say a mother with a recent boyfriend who's moved in the house, her leaving the kids with him, a possible allegation of sexual abuse, and it very well may be handled differently. Someone in a middle-class area will be on the phone with an attorney before DHS is out the door, while someone in a poor area can't afford an attorney. Guess it goes along the lines of who's in prison - ? Is it people who could afford decent attorneys? Money talks
You are so very right about the prison issue.
I have written several essays in college about that!!!

Off topic- I believe they also looked at the statistics- A person who is free on bail will typically be found not guilty, than a person who can not make bail.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:20 AM
[/b]

Depends on if you're tight with the neighbors or not. A stranger wouldn't knock on a door.

This is an example of what I am talking about when I talk about people afraid to speak up. In DC, there was a 8-year-old girl shot last year. No one, even people who witnessed the crime, would speak up. The police conducted one of the largest manhunts ever in DC to find the killer. It took months.

A 9-year-old was shot a couple months ago. There's a $75,000 reward in the case, yet, no one's talking...People are afraid to "rat" on others, and that's including child abuse in inner cities.
hmm, maybe in high drug and gang areas??
the biggest problem is that you are not really dealing
with one prep. you're dealing with all that prep.'s friends.

They need a lot more policing in those neighborhoods where those
two children were shot, we've had problems like that here
and as soon as the police stepped in to help the citizens
take back the street the crime went way down.
Of course it just moved a couple of blocks away, where the
wasn't as much police and citizens taking action.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:21 AM
I think what happened to the GF also influences the fact that things don't get reported. He didn't report until after the fact it is true. But after the child came up missing, he reported. And he reported again. And again.

All over, neighbors families and others make reports of what they suspect may be happening in an abuse situation. Maybe an investigation is made or maybe not (that is protected info, and cannot be discussed after the report is made. There is an assumption that it will be investigated). Nothing appears to change for the child. The only thing that changes is there is one or two mad parents going around trying to find out who made the reports. And possibly trying to get even. That is why people often don't want to make a report.
very true, unfortunately.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Tipster describes fight to be heard

The tipster in the Precious Doe case publicly identified himself Friday, saying he had called Kansas City police 40 to 50 times before they took him seriously.

Thurman McIntosh, 81, of Muskogee, Okla., finally called police again April 29 with information that led to the identity of Precious Doe as 3-year-old Erica Green. That information also led to the arrest of Michelle and Harrell Johnson. McIntosh is Harrell Johnson's grandfather. Michelle Johnson is Erica's mother.

McIntosh said he initially wanted to remain anonymous, because he didn't want people to know he had turned in his grandson. But he said he revealed his identity this week because his anonymity had already been compromised.

“The media already said it was the grandpa,” he said in a phone interview from his home in Muskogee. “That busted my confidentiality right there.”

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11643495.htm

hmmm... so I wonder WHY they never followed up with his phone calls??

poor man, I only hope and pray that Erica got to feel the amount of love her grandpa had for her.

MistyM
05-15-2005, 05:17 AM
i was living in an apartment building when i was in college and the woman above me was hurting her baby, constantly that child would scream and she would scream and i could hear her hitting the child. i called social services and reported her anonymously. she and the child disappeared shortly after. don't know what happened. nothing is worse than listening to a child being abused. if i hadn't called i would guilty to this day. it's my OBLIGATION to protect a child, any child. if i hear something that shouldn't be going on.

sharon25
05-15-2005, 01:56 PM
i was living in an apartment building when i was in college and the woman above me was hurting her baby, constantly that child would scream and she would scream and i could hear her hitting the child. i called social services and reported her anonymously. she and the child disappeared shortly after. don't know what happened. nothing is worse than listening to a child being abused. if i hadn't called i would guilty to this day. it's my OBLIGATION to protect a child, any child. if i hear something that shouldn't be going on.
I'm the type of person that you might hear about on the news someday :(

I would call the police first, social services next, then I'd go up there and kick her @%$

yep.. I'd be in jail probably.:doh:

mysteriew
05-16-2005, 01:31 PM
BIRTHDAY PARTY HONORS ERICA GREEN'S MEMORY

Celebrating a precious girl

“We just wanted to have a big celebration to let her know that we never forgot her, that we never will forget her.”

Marcie Williams of the Precious Doe Committee

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11656197.htm

mysteriew
05-16-2005, 01:33 PM
BIRTHDAY PARTY HONORS ERICA GREEN'S MEMORY

Celebrating a precious girl

“We just wanted to have a big celebration to let her know that we never forgot her, that we never will forget her.”

Marcie Williams of the Precious Doe Committee

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11656197.htm

mysteriew
06-03-2005, 09:20 PM
The tipster who provided key information in the Precious Doe murder investigation called police 50 times starting last year, Kansas City police acknowledged Thursday. Police said they were looking at ways to avoid such missed opportunities in the future.

Thursday’s comments followed an internal review of the last year of the four-year investigation. The review found only one return phone call from a detective to the tipster. Just three of the tipster’s calls were logged in the case file.

“Yes, we dropped the ball,” homicide Sgt. Dave Bernard, who led the murder investigation for four years, said Thursday.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/11801685.htm

monkalup
06-03-2005, 09:36 PM
hmmm... so I wonder WHY they never followed up with his phone calls??

poor man, I only hope and pray that Erica got to feel the amount of love her grandpa had for her.

Bless his heart for never giving up. He's my hero

JJJJaded
06-04-2005, 04:57 AM
May you now have peace darling Erica.
May Justice be served to the fullest.

God Bless this dear child.

JJJJ

GinaAngel435
06-04-2005, 07:36 AM
The tipster who provided key information in the Precious Doe murder investigation called police 50 times starting last year, Kansas City police acknowledged Thursday. Police said they were looking at ways to avoid such missed opportunities in the future.
50 Times?!? And they did nothing about this?!? Yeah, I think that Kansas City Police could have most definitly handled this case better. I know they're busy... but 50 times?

Michelle M. Johnson, 30, and Harrell M. Johnson, 25, of Muskogee, Okla., are each charged with second-degree murder in Erica's death and are awaiting trial.
May they both rot in hell.

Erica Michelle Green
God bless you and keep you close to His side, little Angel. You finally have a name, and you can rest in peace knowing the truth has been found.

http://springfield.news-leader.com/news/today/20050604-PreciousDoetips.html

mysteriew
07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
The mother of a slain child whose beaten and decapitated body was dumped near a Kansas City, Mo., park was charged with obtaining food stamps and welfare assistance for the girl years after the child was killed.

Michelle M. Johnson received more than $2,000 in state aid on behalf of her daughter, Erica Michelle Green, on several occasions between September 2001 and her arrest in May, Oklahoma Department of Human Services records show.

Johnson, 30, who, along with her husband, Harrell Johnson, 25, is awaiting trial on charges of murder and child endangerment in Missouri in the child's death, was charged Friday in Muskogee County with two counts of attempting to obtain food stamps by fraud and one count of obtaining welfare assistance by fraud, all felonies.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/12146946.htm

Ike
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Harrell Johnson, the stepfather of a girl whose decapitated body was know only as "Precious Doe" for more than four years, has been indicted by a grand jury for first-degree murder, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The charge was upgraded from a second-degree murder count originally filed against Johnson, 25, and his wife Michelle M. Johnson, 30, both of Muskogee, Okla. They were arrested on May 5 after Kansas City police followed up on a tip from a family member linking them to the death of their daughter, Erica Michelle Green.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164525,00.html

mysteriew
08-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Two years ago, police exhumed the remains of a murdered little girl known as Precious Doe. Her body has remained at the Jackson County morgue ever since.

Police plan to rebury the 3-year-old, now known to be Erica Green, at 11 a.m. next Thursday in Memorial Park Cemetery.

“She was buried once without a name; this time she’ll be buried with a name,” said Sgt. Dave Bernard, whose detective squad investigated her death. “This will bring some type of closure to the people closely involved in this case.”

Police plan to invite only members of the Precious Doe committee and those who worked closely on the case to the reinterment.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/12353032.htm

PaperDoll
08-11-2005, 01:24 PM
This story just breaks my heart... I admire the LE for all their hard work and heart for this little girl.. What a little doll she was..

NewMom2003
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
God Bless this baby's soul. :angel:

I just don't understand how the mother and step-father could do this to this poor little angel. I don't even consider them to be human. :furious: I hope they rot in prison for the rest of their lives!!!

concernedperson
12-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Prosecutor Seeks Death Penalty in 'Precious Doe' Case.

Kansas City, Mo.- A prosecutor announced Saturday he would seek the death penalty against a man charged with beheading his 3 year old stepdaughter, whose body was unidentified for nearly four years and was known only as "Precious Doe".

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177609,00.html

SadieMae
12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
And I hope he gets the death penalty!! To kill that baby and leave her without a name for so long. JMO

Edited to add: They should charge the mother also in a death penalty trial!

mysteriew
12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Jackson County prosecutors will seek the death penalty against an Oklahoma man in the death of 3-year-old Erica Green, whom Kansas City knew for years as Precious Doe.

In announcing the decision at a Saturday press conference, Prosecutor Mike Sanders said, “There have been very few cases in our …history that have touched our community so deeply” and the death penalty is appropriate.

Harrell Johnson, 26, is charged with first-degree murder in the case. Sanders said that the legal aggravating circumstances needed to justify the death penalty will be filed on Monday.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13320989.htm

aussiegran
12-04-2005, 05:12 PM
And I hope he gets the death penalty!! To kill that baby and leave her without a name for so long. JMO

Edited to add: They should charge the mother also in a death penalty trial!I agree Sadie IMO the mother deserves the same ,she stayed with the POS after he murdered Erica and covered up for him.I will NEVER understand that.:furious:

mysteriew
12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Jackson County Circuit Judge Charles Atwell removed himself this week from the case against Harrell Johnson, the man accused of killing the 3-year-old girl now identified as Erica Green. Atwell declined Friday to say why he was leaving the case.
He stepped down shortly after Johnson’s defense lawyer asked the judge this week to forbid prosecutors to seek the death penalty, something prosecutors announced earlier this month they would do. They have filed paperwork to start the process.
But a motion by defense lawyer Bill Raymond this week contended that prosecutors acted too late in filing for the death penalty, breaking deadlines that the judge imposed. Raymond also said Prosecutor Mike Sanders told him and Atwell in October that Sanders would not seek death. That should have settled the matter, Raymond argues.
Lawyers not in the case speculated that Atwell may have stepped down because the defense motion could in effect make the judge a witness on the issue.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13427467.htm

Tom'sGirl
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
'Precious Doe' Mother Pleads Guilty to Murder Last Edited: Thursday, 13 Sep 2007, 4:27 PM CDT Created: Thursday, 13 Sep 2007, 4:25 PM CDT

KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP) -- -- The mother of a young girl known for years as "Precious Doe" pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of her 3-year-old daughter.

Michelle Johnson, 31, of Muskogee, Okla., also pleaded guilty to child endangerment, abandoning a corpse and tampering with evidence for not helping her 3-year-old daughter as she lay dying after allegedly being abused by the girl's stepfather.
http://tinyurl.com/2jsgxt

sorry, couldn't find the thread to Precious Doe.....if this a duplicate, please delete MODS

Jeana (DP)
09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
OH MY GOD!!~ I'm too pissed off to post.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Earthbound Misfit I
09-13-2007, 06:05 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The mother of a young girl known for years as "Precious Doe" pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of her 3-year-old daughter.

Michelle Johnson, 31, of Muskogee, Okla., also pleaded guilty to child endangerment, abandoning a corpse and tampering with evidence for not helping her 3-year-old daughter as she lay dying after allegedly being abused by the girl's stepfather.

As part of the plea agreement, Johnson will testify against her husband, Harrell Johnson, who is charged with first-degree murder, assistant prosecutor Tim Dollar said. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for Harrell Johnson.

In exchange for Michelle Johnson's plea, prosecutors will recommend she serve a total of 25 years, Dollar said.

Prosecutors said Johnson did not seek help for the girl, Erica Michelle Marie Green, who was dying after being kicked by her stepfather in a Kansas City home.
Johnson's trial had been scheduled to start Jan. 22.

Prosecutors allege Harrell Johnson, also of Muskogee, Okla., was high on drugs when he kicked Erica because she wouldn't go to bed. They allege he left her to die, then later decapitated her body.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296733,00.html

imthemom
09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I remember so many times looking at her picture before they found out who she was. How could someone not miss her I thought, well know we know because those who were suppose to killed her. I feel most sorry for the family members that raised her for most of her life before being given back to her mother where she let her boyfriend beat her to death. May she rest in peac now.

Tom'sGirl
09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I remember so many times looking at her picture before they found out who she was. How could someone not miss her I thought, well know we know because those who were suppose to killed her. I feel most sorry for the family members that raised her for most of her life before being given back to her mother where she let her boyfriend beat her to death. May she rest in peac now.

Here's a link to video of the mother's testimony.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/

j2mirish
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
OH MY GOD!!~ I'm too pissed off to post.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:confused:
why? at least she plead, will get 25 years, and will testify against him--
dont misunderstand me- this was a horeeeeeeendous case, but at least she isnt pulling the not guilty by reason of anything a defense attorney can come up with -

Tom'sGirl
09-13-2007, 07:16 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The mother of a young girl known for years as "Precious Doe" pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder in the death of her 3-year-old daughter.

As part of the plea agreement, Johnson will testify against her husband, Harrell Johnson, who is charged with first-degree murder, assistant prosecutor Tim Dollar said. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty for Harrell Johnson.

In exchange for Michelle Johnson's plea, prosecutors will recommend she serve a total of 25 years, Dollar said.

Prosecutors said Johnson did not seek help for the girl, Erica Michelle Marie Green, who was dying after being kicked by her stepfather in a Kansas City home.
Johnson's trial had been scheduled to start Jan. 22.

Prosecutors allege Harrell Johnson, also of Muskogee, Okla., was high on drugs when he kicked Erica because she wouldn't go to bed. They allege he left her to die, then later decapitated her body.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296733,00.html

I posted this earlier, probably in the wrong spot RK

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53433

Earthbound Misfit I
09-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks Tom'sGirl,

I may have put this in the wrong place. Wasn't sure where to put it myself.

I posted this earlier, probably in the wrong spot RK

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53433

Jeana (DP)
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
:confused:
why? at least she plead, will get 25 years, and will testify against him--
dont misunderstand me- this was a horeeeeeeendous case, but at least she isnt pulling the not guilty by reason of anything a defense attorney can come up with -

I guess I didn't remember that they had discovered who she was. I just remembered this case here so long ago and how long we prayed and hoped that someone was looking for her . . . and now this.

I'm glad that they are going to jail. I'm just fed up! Sorry.

j2mirish
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I guess I didn't remember that they had discovered who she was. I just remembered this case here so long ago and how long we prayed and hoped that someone was looking for her . . . and now this.

I'm glad that they are going to jail. I'm just fed up! Sorry.
no need to be sorry- it seems like this case has been around for a million years- I just was making sure I didnt miss something about her plea-
I watched the video--
how--- how---- how can anyone allow this to happen- even if drugs are involved at the time- how could she then marry him, and watch all of the nationwide news about Precious Doe--- and never come forward?
at least we know she will be behind bars for 25 years- that is at least a small something-

Jeana (DP)
09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
no need to be sorry- it seems like this case has been around for a million years- I just was making sure I didnt miss something about her plea-
I watched the video--
how--- how---- how can anyone allow this to happen- even if drugs are involved at the time- how could she then marry him, and watch all of the nationwide news about Precious Doe--- and never come forward?
at least we know she will be behind bars for 25 years- that is at least a small something-

You're right about that. :behindbar :behindbar

sherri79
09-14-2007, 07:13 AM

I'm glad that they are going to jail. I'm just fed up! Sorry.if i remember correctly for years they had no idea who the baby was. a uncle of the child that lived on the other side of the country finally moved home. when he asked about the child he got story after story but they did not match or add up. he then went to police and said she was missing.

Angel4Alpha
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM
This is so heartbreaking... I cannot even begin to understand how a woman can stand by anyone who would hurt their child or allow it to happen.

The_Woof
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=8920489&nav=menu605_1

No death Penalty:furious:

rccook555
10-06-2008, 08:42 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The crime was a shock even to a community that had seen its share of slayings: a young girl's headless body found in the woods.

Seven years later, testimony begins against the man accused of killing a 3-year-old who became known to locals as "Precious Doe."

Jackson County prosecutors said Harrell Johnson, 29, was high on drugs when he knocked young Erica Green to the floor after she refused to go to bed. Johnson, along with the girl's mother, did not seek medical help as the girl lay dying for nearly 10 hours.

Snipped

The trial is expected to last about a week. If convicted of first-degree murder, the only possible sentence for Harrell Johnson would be life in prison without parole. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, partly because Johnson agreed to withdraw his request to have the case moved out of Kansas City.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17632140/detail.html

believe09
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The crime was a shock even to a community that had seen its share of slayings: a young girl's headless body found in the woods.

Seven years later, testimony begins against the man accused of killing a 3-year-old who became known to locals as "Precious Doe."

Jackson County prosecutors said Harrell Johnson, 29, was high on drugs when he knocked young Erica Green to the floor after she refused to go to bed. Johnson, along with the girl's mother, did not seek medical help as the girl lay dying for nearly 10 hours.

Snipped

The trial is expected to last about a week. If convicted of first-degree murder, the only possible sentence for Harrell Johnson would be life in prison without parole. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty, partly because Johnson agreed to withdraw his request to have the case moved out of Kansas City.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17632140/detail.html

"If" he is found guilty? This case still makes my blood boil. Thank you for the update.

Lady Loves Lurking
10-07-2008, 09:19 PM
:furious:

This makes me physically ill.

Oct 7th, 2008 | KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The mother of a little girl long known as "Precious Doe" testified Tuesday she knew the injured 3-year-old needed medical attention but that she feared going to jail and instead waited for the child to die.

Testifying in her husband's first-degree murder trial, Michelle Johnson said she watched Harrell Johnson kick little Erica Green in the head and later helped him dump the girl's decapitated body in a wooded area of Kansas City.

A police officer found Erica's naked, headless naked body in April 2001. Lacking an identity, she was known only as "Precious Doe" until 2005, when a community activist received a tip Harrell Johnson's grandfather in Muskogee, Okla., where the couple lived.

More at link:
http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2008/10/07/D93LVR1O0_precious_doe/index.html

chicoliving
10-08-2008, 10:24 PM
A man was convicted of murder Wednesday after kicking his girlfriend's daughter in the head and dumping her body in the woods, resolving a case that haunted the Kansas City area during the four years the 3-year-old was known only as "Precious Doe."

The jury deliberated about three hours before convicting Harrell Johnson, 29, of the first-degree murder of Erica Green. He was also convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child.

The murder conviction will send Johnson to prison for life without parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,434703,00.html

CaliKid
10-09-2008, 01:54 AM
A man was convicted of murder Wednesday after kicking his girlfriend's daughter in the head and dumping her body in the woods, resolving a case that haunted the Kansas City area during the four years the 3-year-old was known only as "Precious Doe."

The jury deliberated about three hours before convicting Harrell Johnson, 29, of the first-degree murder of Erica Green. He was also convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child.

The murder conviction will send Johnson to prison for life without parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,434703,00.html

Good!

rccook555
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A jury on Wednesday convicted a man of killing a 3-year-old girl long known as "Precious Doe" by kicking her in the head and waiting hours without seeking help while she died.

Harrell Johnson, 29, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Erica Green. He also was convicted of endangering the welfare of a child and abuse of a child. The jury deliberated for about three hours before returning the verdict. Johnson showed no emotion as the verdict was read.
More at link
http://www.kmbc.com/news/17660964/detail.html

rccook555
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A judge handed down a 25-year prison sentence for the mother of a 3-year-old girl who was beheaded and for years was known only as "Precious Doe."

The sentence on Wednesday for Michelle Johnson was what Jackson County prosecutors had recommended.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/17780176/detail.html

christine2448
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
November 20th, 2008
Stepfather of ‘Precious Doe’ sentenced to life without parole (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/20/stepfather-of-precious-doe-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/)
Posted: 12:20 PM ET
The stepfather of a 3-year-old girl, known for four years only
as “Precious Doe” after her headless body and severed head were found in a
wooded area of Kansas City, Missouri, was sentenced to life in prison without parole Thursday for killing her more than seven years ago.

Circuit Judge John Torrence sentenced Johnson to four years and
25 years, respectively, for those convictions, ruling those sentences will run
consecutively to the life sentence,

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/20/stepfather-of-precious-doe-sentenced-to-life-without-parole/

wfgodot
03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Man who fought for justice dies
Published March 17, 2010

A man police hailed as courageous for turning in his grandson for the murder of a 3-year-old has died.
---
[Thurman Harrell] McIntosh turned in his grandson, Harrell “Pete” Johnson, in 2001 for the murder and decapitation of Johnson’s stepdaughter, Erica Michelle Marie Green, who came to be known as “Precious Doe” in Kansas City, Mo.
---
When Kansas City police wouldn’t listen to McIntosh, he persisted in calling to help bring Erica’s killers to justice.

With the help of Kansas City community activist Alonzo Washington, police were convinced they needed to test Michelle Johnson’s DNA.

“They (Kansas City detectives) just blew me off — thought I was a crazy old man,” McIntosh said at the time of his grandson’s arrest.

Washington recalled Tuesday how McIntosh wearied at being ignored.

He didn’t have a good command of the English language, he was old, and he was completely ignored by Kansas City police, Washington said.

“The average person would give up after awhile — he never gave up,” Washington said.
---
“I’ve got it off my heart,” [McIntosh] said, his eyes downcast and his shoulders slumped. “Now, I sleep at night.”

He was retired and on a walker when the biggest heartache of his life came along.

“What my grandson did just broke my heart ... it hurt me so bad,” he said. “My time’s getting short, and I did my job.”
---

and more, at
http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_076011456.html?start:int=15

wfgodot
05-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Precious Doe’s killer loses appeal of murder conviction
Posted on Tue, May. 25, 2010 10:19 AM

The man who killed, decapitated and threw away the little girl once known as Precious Doe on Tuesday lost the appeal of his first-degree murder conviction.
---
Harrell Johnson, now 30, was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Michelle Johnson, now 35, testified against Harrell Johnson at trial and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/25/1969459/precious-does-killer-loses-appeal.html

kbl8201
05-25-2010, 11:35 PM
she waited for her to die. 25 years isnt even a slap on the wrist imo