PDA

View Full Version : Evidence shows Miami juvenile jail official told dying teen to 'suck it up'

blueclouds
03-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Suspension of 14 people. That's it??????????????? A child died for Christ sake. If I ignored my child's plea's and they died, I would be jailed period!!!!!!
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040308_1802.html

Ghostwheel
03-10-2004, 03:51 PM
It may be sad, but given the conditions under which the jail quacks work and the low salary paid, they are not going to attract capable or dedicated people. Whether the low-life vermin that infest our jails merit good medical care is a totally separate issue.This wasn't adult jail, but Juvenile Hall jail. Some of the kids in some of these still have a chance, if they were stupid and led down the wrong path (I could go in to the Darwinism theory here, but I choose not to this time). Whether they are entitled to GOOD medical care is one thing. Whether they are entitled to ANY medical care (the kid was retching, and you can tell when someone is in extreme pain) is something else.

Just because something IS, doesn't make it right. If people want to fight the good fight against something like that, that is their right.