PDA

View Full Version : MN MN - Leeanna Marie "Beaner" Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

Pages : [1] 2

Doyle
08-12-2003, 10:53 PM
http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster720.htm

AussieSim
08-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Have there been any updates at all on Leanna's disappearance??

I can't get this little girl out of my mind...if anyone has heard any reports in the last couple of weeks, please post!!

Thanks!

Aussie

Up2theminute
08-14-2003, 01:13 AM
I can't remember whether this was posted before the forums were down but this is from August 3rd. It's kind of long but it talks about when they 'finally' decided on the possibility of it being a stranger abduction and strategies they've used to see if she's connected to any other cases, etc.

Missing LeeAnna: A family endures while authorities struggle for answers
Jill Burcum, Star Tribune

Published August 3, 2003

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4021285.html

Rocky
08-14-2003, 03:21 AM
I was looking for that article last night...

a few things that caught my eye in the article was

""We're not perfect," said Chris Warner, a heavy-equipment mechanic at the nearby taconite mine. "But we have nothing to hide.""

so the mapquest location I had posted before showing the processing plant is right next to were Chris LeeAnna's father worked, could it actually be someone he works with?

there is still no mention of the man in the neighborhood with the star tattoo on his arm.

the article doesn't mention LeeAnna was last seen running down the street chasing a little black dog.

"Chris and Kaelin Warner said they have been interviewed numerous times by law enforcement officers and were told that they are "cleared." They said officers told them that's why the couple has not been asked to undergo lie-detector tests."

the pickup truck mentioned in the neighborhood was brown, I still haven't seen anything about a light blue one with a trailer hitch.

The Rock The Range Festival was going on that weekend, and we still haven't heard how closely they've checked out the people that were there from for the concert.

They were at the lake before going home the evening LeeAnna disappeared, does anyone remember anyone suspicious out there watching the Warners?

mindys
08-14-2003, 05:08 AM
I'm betting the perp is someone the whole family knows. That's just my gut. They came into contact in the recent past.

AussieSim
08-15-2003, 01:58 AM
I think the perp is someone the family knows as well.

A little girl goes missing and nobody notices...

Could it be a neighbour???

Aussie

Bailey1
08-15-2003, 07:09 AM
I told myself I wasn't gonna post here anymore (regarding Leanna) as it was too upsetting..1) that a 5yr. old has been missing and absolutely no coverage on her has been in my area (ie. NJ/NEast); 2) The parents (now I learn that they felt 4 hours of her missing was not worthy of 911 being that their little girl was very "friendly" and could be anywhere innocently???

What 5 yr. old is not friendly and curious? Why would a parent allow a 5yr. to be "anywhere" for 4 hours innocently if she was only 5? These "parents" regularly did not know where she was for lengths of time on end as normal?

I tend to think the perp does live in that area, doesn't take the sharpest knife in the drawer to get a clue this child was an easy target. And yes, I feel these parents SHOULD hold blame for allowing this to happen. THE perp is a perp regardless of these parents negligence but she was not taken from her home she was when she was all by herself, in broad daylight and they a good 4 hours to get the hell out of there w/not a trace of evidence. Even the neighbors were so used to seeing her alone they didn't do anything.

I'm done..unfortunately don't see this little angel coming back any time soon. NO EXCUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE PARENTS?!!!!

AussieSim
08-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Amen Bailey1.

Sad, but it's the harsh truth.

Aussie

Ghostwheel
08-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Just a little story I was told the other day that amazed me.

My FIL was walking to school in OROVILLE (if you can believe that), when a car stopped by a little girl standing by her driveway (large acre land houses). The girl screamed, and intead of running toward her house, or to the bus stop where the other kids were heading, she ran into the field opposite her driveway. The guy gets out of his car and chases the little girl into the field, pulling down his pants on the run. The girl was actually running towards her father, who was digging a hole in the field (FIL couldn't remember what it was for), so he couldn't be seen in the tall grass, in the hole. The little girl jumped over her father's head, and the guy chasing her fell in the hole...with Dad. Wasn't much left of the guy's parts from the story, and I wouldn't be surprised.

The whole story boils down to this guy was from 80 miles away, and cruised the small rural communities, looking for a victim. It didn't matter who, but if some child was in the wrong place at the time this piece of $%^# came by, he'd grab them. This was 45+ years ago, but no one knew because there was no massive television coverage, small town newspapers didn't pass the information on to other papers, and there was no internet.

People say it's different now, you have to be extra careful. It doesn't look too different, we just didn't KNOW we had to be careful back then.

AussieSim
08-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Ghostwheel,

What a classic story!!! Thanks for sharing it!

And yes, you're right. We are all aware of the dangers that lurk these days, and know better than to let our children roam the streets for hours without checking up on them.

Aussie

Rocky
08-17-2003, 02:25 AM
now that's justice...

first time you're caught...

wack off the winky

Up2theminute
08-17-2003, 03:23 AM
I'll admit that I agree the parents' lackadaisical bordering on negligient attitude is disturbing, imo. But what also bothers me is LE in this case. There's a paragraph in the article that I cited above that I wanted to quote but I can't right now because the Star Tribune website won't open for me so I'll have to quote it later. But anyway, it's something like they were talking about why they didn't issue an Amber Alert and one of the reasons they gave is because stranger abductions, according "to statistics", are supposedly rare so they were trying to claim it was natural for them to rule out the family first and rule out the possibility of her just being lost on her own before issuing an Amber Alert.

I mean, give me a break. I felt like I was reading the details of a disappearance from the days of yore on the cold case network. While it may be true that "stranger abductions" are "rare" by statistical data and family-related/someone known abductions are more common - the fact still stands that stranger abductions do happen however "rare" they may be. And even if it wasn't technically a "stranger", someone "familiar" could merely mean a neighbor or someone from their church, etc. etc - it still would have helped to have issued an Amber Alert regardless of whether the person involved was even remotely familiar to LeeAnna.
As soon as LE found out that the family and neighbors had searched already for a few hours to no avail - they should have issued an Amber Alert asap! So, overall, I don't think the parents are the only ones to blame for the negligience here (although if she was allowed to go out like that regularly, I do agree that someone could have caught on to that pattern of her being alone). It sounds like LE was equally to blame as soon as they got involved in the situation. I completely understand the need to rule out family members; but, it is absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age they weren't savvy enough to be ruling out the possibility of a stranger abduction from the get-go too - especially since she was so young because they can't even try to claim that they thought she was a runaway or some cr@p like that.

Juliana
08-17-2003, 03:46 AM
I agree Ghostwheel. And there is never any news! Every morning, almost the first thing I do when I get up is the search the news for articles on Leanna. Nothing!

Somebody knows something. Maybe somebody just has an acquaintance who changed their appearance or began acting oddly or disappeared after Leanna was taken. If there were constant reminders in the media, this person might be guilted into tipping LE to their suspicions.

It's like she has just disappeared and life goes on... but where the **** is she?

Up2theminute
08-17-2003, 03:55 AM
The Star Tribune has this new article today. I can't personally get their website to open at this moment...though here's the link and intro:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4045034.html
The LeeAnna Warner abduction
Chisholm, Minnesota
Sunday service planned for missing 5-year-old -- (Star-Tribune) LeeAnna's grandmother, Lois Warner, said the service, which will begin at 7 p.m., is not a memorial service. Instead, it's "to give a message of hope that we have not given up, that we have faith that she's coming back home."

Juliana
08-17-2003, 05:05 AM
Thanks for posting the link Up2theminute. I was wondering why I didn't find the Star Tribute article this morning when I searched. Then I figured out that I was searching for "Leanna". Her name is actually spelled "LeeAnna". When I searched with the correct spelling, I found the article. But still, no news for a week or so, until today.

Just my opinion...

Darlene733510
08-19-2003, 10:53 AM
It seems to me that there has not been enough effort to find this child. Even the parents and the grandparents don't seem as concerned as they should be. I would think that if school is supposed to start soon, wouldn't she be going to school this year? Someone needs to register this child. I would get bulletins out to the Supt. of Schools at least in the surrounding states. I can't believe these people that just let a child wander off like this.

Texana
08-21-2003, 12:22 PM
This case truly has me baffled. I too find it reprehensible the child was gone for four hours and the parents didn't check--I don't let my seven year old go next door, for pete's sake. And my older daughter has to call as soon as she gets to a friend's house, if she doesn't, I get in the car, go looking for her, and pick her up to bring her home.

So far, I've only had to do that once to remind her that she HAS to call me, so I know right away if she got there okay. (and that's less than a block away.)

Just makes me sick.

The Amber Alert should have been issued. It shouldn't be up to LE to decide who took the child, before they issue the alert. :mad:

Juliana
08-21-2003, 01:40 PM
I truly do not get it. Laci Peterson disappears and every national news agency in the country devotes hours to her story for months on end. LeeAnna Warner disappears and there is virtually no news, no attention, for weeks. She is a helpless child who was heading off to do the most innocent of childhood past times - skipping barefoot to her friend's house to play, hopefully not a care in the world. She is snatched, disappears into thin air. Oh, well. No interest, no attention.

I know the reason is that LeeAnna would not attract the viewers, etc., that Laci attracted. But maybe, just maybe, someone who had some information which could lead to LeeAnna's whereabouts would see the story, toss and turn that night in bed, and the next morning, call the police with a tip that just might bring LeeAnna home.

Let me be the first to say that I have been as interested in Laci's story as anyone. It has really touched a nerve with me. It is heartbreaking, truly. It is what brought me to this forum to begin with. I just wish that LeeAnna would get a fraction of the attention Laci got. I wish that all missing people would get that attention so that they could be brought home and give their families closure.

Just my opionion....

shihtzulovr
08-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Juliana, you took the words right out of my mouth! I too have followed the Laci Peterson case from the get go. I have at times felt guilty while I have been watching, reading and thinking about Laci and Conner. I know there are so many missing loved ones out there who don't get a drop of the attention they have gotten. Don't get me wrong-I don't begrudge them that whatsoever, I just wish others would get some of the same.

Recently(can't remember where) I came across a story online about an african-american girl abt. 12 years old who was abducted and murdered. Body found in the water decomposing. Never heard a word about it even tho it was a four hour ride from my house. Seems the guy who took her was her mother's boyfriend who was previously convicted of raping his sister's friend while she spent the night at their house. The first time she was allowed to sleep over at someones house, by the way-how sad. A few years later he's out of prison and nowhe's killing...ugh!

Someone on WS in the past suggested a channel devoted to missing people. I think that would be awesome. With all the wealthy sports stars, celebrities and business people donating, I think it would be a breeze to start something like that.

I also agree with many of the other posts, I think the behavior of the parents and LE is suspicious.

My opinion only...

Bailey1
08-22-2003, 01:40 AM
I think the fascination with Lacy Peterson is it's a prime time Lifetime movie in the making. Sex, drugs, affair, good looking husband....yada yada.

I agree with Julianna that this precious innocent child should get as much if not MORE coverage. Actually Lacy has been found, THIS CHILD HAS NOT! It's pretty obvious the husband was involved with her and Connor...NOONE HAS A CLUE for this innocent child? Someone on this thread called the police in that town to see why there was no coverage and they acted like they had their heads up their butt and basically said they had "no new information"? HEY GET A CLUE...THEY HAVE NEVER HAD ANY INFORMATION!@!!!!!!

All I can say is Danielle made headlines because her PARENTS kept her in the news. They hired an marketing advertising company, solicited every Child Advocacy agency group they could find, contacted the media and KEPT IT IN THE NEWS despite their lifestyle choices.

I also have tremendous respect for the cops out their in San Diego for being so diligent and going into the neighbors houses IMMEDIATELY and wasting no time to "think about it". Sadly there are still too many police around our nation who still believe that when crimes happen it's only their business and "they will get to it when they can" but then never do because their are so many missing people and their workload can't handle it?!!!

We need to stand up and realize that when stuff like this happens it's EVERYONE'S BUSINESS and the cops should not keep information to them selves. It is 99.9% the PUBLIC that brings missing people home and/or helps find who did it.

I am so sick and tired of these back woods police people who hold info "secretly" in the name of the investagation but also are the first ones to tell you they have too many cases and we have to just deal with their incompetence. Look at Ashley Pond...what idiots...they had the guy ...spoken from the first missing girl's mouth...she filed complaints of him...HE WAS SO GUILTY AND they never even investigated his house for months and at the cost of another innocent child and his son's girlfriend being raped.

Let's face it, cops are people like you and me...their is no standard that they have any sense. Look at the child welfare people...most of them don't even like children, never follow up on abuse complaints, put the kids right back in hideious homes and falsify paperwork so they don't have to think about visiting them? And we are supposed to sit back and "trust" THEY ARE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN.

Sorry for rambling but this makes me so mad. I believe in getting the word out to anyone..including evidence and everything.

tezi
08-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I agree with every point you made in the above post...I find it hearbreaking that there hasn't been any more news about this case also.:confused:

AussieSim
08-24-2003, 01:47 AM
Rocky,

Wack off the winkie...

ROFLMAO!!!:D

Aussie

JumpinJaneFlash
08-31-2003, 03:51 AM
Let's face it, cops are people like you and me...their is no standard that they have any sense. Look at the child welfare people...most of them don't even like children, never follow up on abuse complaints, put the kids right back in hideious homes and falsify paperwork so they don't have to think about visiting them? And we are supposed to sit back and "trust" THEY ARE HERE TO HELP CHILDREN.

As a current public health social worker and a former child welfare worker who very much loves children I take offense to this!!!! Our system sucks so be very careful where your judgement lands. For one thing, the case loads are extremely high for child protection workers. Everyone working with children is a mandated reporter meaning if they know something is wrong they are obligated by law to report. This means daycare providers, teachers etc. Not everyone does this! For another thing, there is so much dysfuntion, so much that ties the hands of CP workers that sometimes they get give up. If cases that are obvious offenses get off by the judges why try? I'm not trying to defend lazy social workers by the way. You find laziness and apathy in every discipline. There are lazy cops, waiters, lawyers, doctors etc. and some social workers are no different. What I am trying to do is remind you that most of us went into social worker because we like to defend the cause of the disenfranchised of society and because we have hearts of compassion. T.V does nothing to depict this and the media loves to sensationalize when things go wrong but the truth is, someone has to be on the front lines defending children!! And the truth is, many times social workers can't win. We are either perceived as not doing enough or being too involved. It's not an easy job and certainly many mistakes are made. But until we get a better system it's all we've got. Instead of knocking it, support your social workers and child abuse prevention and crime prevention centers. Get involved in prevention!!!

You know what I do? I teach parenting and compassion to very young parents and to teens BEFORE it happens. I have 2 fulltime jobs, parent myself and recently got my master's in social work. I love what I do and believe in it but I also find time to embrace those kids walking around "unparented" in my community, to begin support groups and to make sure my kids know they are loved and where they are every hour of the day. We all have to do our part..every one of us!! We have to get involved!! It's so easy to point fingers and blame and so much harder to find some way to be responsible ourselves.

Juliana
09-05-2003, 08:02 AM
I just can't stand that there is never any news on poor LeeAnna. The local media especially needs to keep her name, picture and story in the news. Somebody knows what happened to LeeAnna. Maybe somebody is having trouble sleeping at night because they have a suspicion about something they may have seen or heard. If they are constantly reminded about LeeAnna maybe their conscience will get the best of them and they will report it to LE. I pray that LeeAnna is safe somewhere, being taken care of, but if not, she deserves to be found and laid to rest.

Just my opinion...

Bailey1
09-06-2003, 01:24 AM
JumpinJaneFlash (cute name? ha)... I agree the "system" needs to be changed but the system is the people, right? I applaud you for being one of the good ones...but excuse me for being so tired of hearing of children lost, being returned time and time again to abusive relationships, falsified records, Foster parents w/pedaphile history, never visiting the kids, never following up. Showing up at the door seeing the kid nicely dressed then leaving and writing it off as the kid is ok? Florida is a mess. I don't trust these social workers anymore...all I can do is pray that these kids will have the right people intervene. How about the slap on the wrist these people get when they DON'T do their jobs? They should be more than fired (which many don't get that)...THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP.

I'm sick of the "I'm over worked" excuse..who isn't. Truth is, social workers get kids assigned and they should do their job with each one. Any abusive parent should have NO RIGHTS...one strike you are out. I HATE THE FACT OUR SYSTEM STILL BELIEVES THE PARENTS ARE THE BEST OPTION....

Doyle
09-06-2003, 02:32 AM
One thing I think we can do...

We can start empowering ourselves., to get involved etc...

We can write our congressmen, our governer etc. These are the people who help in the decisionmaking of how money is spent at state levels.

We need to start pressuring these people to make these important issues, we need to get more involved in a solution.

2 cents worth..

vote for me in 04...lol

JumpinJaneFlash
09-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Well, I think there are bad social workers just like there are bad anybody's! I agree with you but to expect social workers to carry all the burden while we turn our heads is another story. I don't know about you but I see kids in my neighborhood wandering all the time. I see teens with no parent home wondering who they are and looking for anyone to give them an identity. I see emotionally hungry kids looking for touch and easy prey for pedophiles. I mean I just think we as a community need to get more involved in the prevention aspect BEFORE it goes to the judges or to the state. We all need to turn that tv off and that computer off (I'm one to talk uh?) and get involved!! Anyway that's just my take!!! I do hear Fla.'s social service system is horrible!! Have a good 'un!!

camsmom
09-07-2003, 07:44 PM
You know why there has not been media attention about Leanna, don't you. The family doesn't have any money!!!!!

Should I list the examples:
Danielle VanDam (God love her..I followed her case every day)
Chandra Levy... we all know why
Samantha Runion..his trial is still to come and God love her mother for pushing Samantha's voice. I personally think this made headlines because of Danielle.
Elizabeth Smart. Thank God she was found. But she never disappeared from our eyes. Quite the mansion she was taken from.

What about Leanna,
What about Christian,
What about the children that are missing with no voice at all?(money)

I guess the media puts a price tag on every missing person, who will bring the most $$$$. Pathetic.

Bailey1
09-09-2003, 06:48 AM
The family may not have any money but they sure as hell have a voice, arms, legs, TIME..yet I have heard S-Q-U-A-T from them.

Bailey1
09-09-2003, 06:53 AM
I am kinda tired of hearing the money blues from people regarding who is in the media who isn't. The Van Dam's were not rich in my view..they were probably average middle class. Point is, it is the PARENTS who are ultimately responsible for any news on their child. You don't need money to miss and desperately do whatever it takes to get your child back. If it takes showing up at the local news station, blasting the newspapers or standing in the middle of an intersection throwing youself on oncoming cars to get people's attn...you do it. You don't sit back and wonder why your 5yr. old didn't come back in an hour..let alone 4 hrs when you said "bye bye" at the door..all while she had no shoes and a major concert was going on. All because "that's how they do it down there"...all while they just MOVED there no less and knew none of the neighbors they never watched their child go too...hense, when she didn't make it...believing she "innocently" was playing somewhere 4hrs later.

:dontknow:

Ghostwheel
09-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Jahi Turner got plenty of coverage in San Diego (and I'm still not posting all those links again, three times was enough) UNTIL his parents stopped talking to the media.

No money there, but the media ran with it for as long as they could. If no one talks to them, or comes up with some juicy story to spin, the media goes away, and that is your biggest ally. How much coverage you can get.

Up2theminute
09-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Man questioned in LeeAnna Warner's disappearance is found dead
Howie Padilla and Terry Collins, Star Tribune

Published September 14, 2003 LEAN14

The body of one of several men who had been questioned in the disappearance of 5-year-old LeeAnna Warner of Chisholm, Minn., was found in a gravel pit Friday, the victim of an apparent suicide, authorities said Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4096415.html

Juliana
09-14-2003, 09:59 PM
The guy who killed himself had a record of child pornography and lived just a few doors from LeeAnna's family. Hmmmm...

blueclouds
09-14-2003, 10:59 PM
how awful if he turns out to be the main focus... at least (if he did this), he could have written where her body is. I hope it's someone else because these poor parents may never get closure. If he is the one, I hope he burns.

Up2theminute
09-14-2003, 11:27 PM
I certainly hope they don't drop the investigation into him just because of the suicide. I mean even though they won't be able to get a conviction they can at least try and see if this is the avenue they need to take in order to find LeeAnna.
I guess we'll be hearing (hopefully) a little more about this in the near future.

Up2theminute
09-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Doyle

vote for me in 04...lol [/B]

Aww, Doyle I'll vote for ya in '04! :bigthumb:

Bailey1
09-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Wellllllll, I believe this person is a strong suspect if not the one. I felt from the beginning it was someone that lived on that street...saw her daily all by herself. That fateful morning she was also a few doors down (JUST LIKE HIMMMMMM).

It breaks my heart as in the case of Megan Kankas....it was also a next door neighbor...as in Danielle's too. Horrible, heinus, evil goins on all under the nose of police and their own parents looking for her....right next door.

I pray that the family of this monster is thoroughly checked out and the house invaded to the last dust ball. Unfortunately I have very little faith in this investigation so hopefully a miracle will happen as they don't seem to swift when it comes to reality.

Doyle
09-18-2003, 06:17 AM
Reward at $25,000 in 'Beaner' disappearance
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4101922.html

chardonnaystargirl
09-18-2003, 08:54 PM
this hasn't been on the news in quite a while. poor leeanna.

Rocky
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
any details on the suicide?

could someone have killed him and made it look like a suicide?

Think of if Beaner's kidnapper finds out a neighbor was just busted for child porn so he kills him making it look like a suicide and the cops stop trying to find the "real killer"....

feel pretty safe living up in Chisolm now huh...

a serial killer that found out he can get away with murder...

and ol Barney in charge of wrapping up the investigation.

sorry, her real killer is still lurking...

Juliana
10-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Leanna's Mom Charged With Running Over Leanna's Dad

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_287131136.html

MidnightMyst
10-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Juliana
Leanna's Mom Charged With Running Over Leanna's Dad

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_287131136.html

Wow..that's interesting huh? Wonder what's up with that? :confused:

Juliana
10-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm sure the stress is unbelievable. They say that when a couple loses a child, they often break-up because of the blaming, guilt and just different, incompatible ways people grieve. In some ways I'm sure this is even more stressful, the not knowing (thank God, I have never been in either situation, so I don't know...).

I was so surprised to find this article today. I do a "google" on Leanna's name every day, and there is never anything at all. It is so frustrating and sad that day after day goes by with no mention of this girl's name in the news. It's like everyone has just accepted that she is gone.

Juliana
10-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Here's another article where Leanna's dad says he stands behind his wife, and talks about how the stress is unbearable, especially after they taped a Montel Williams show where a psychic gave them upsetting information:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news-article.asp?NEWS_ID=53597

Bailey1
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry but I have ZERO respect for Montel Williams to support some fruit cake on his show FOR RATINGS at the expense of grieving parents of a still at large, innocent kidnapped and presumed dead child!!!!!! How about a spokesperson for missing and endangered children, A WELL KNOWN INVESTIGATOR that agrees to take on this case, information that may help them, guide them, support them, comfort them. But instead he hires some QUACK to play God?! I'd rather see a minister who is their to give them hope and prayer for support

Yet as sad and disturbing as this story is and how tragic I feel for these parents to lose their 5yr. old..I have heard/seen SQUAT from these parents up till now and finally I hear about them using their time to talk to some NUT?

With all due respect...PUTTING HER PICTURE, DRIVING HER DISAPPEARNCE IN THE NEWS...EXCAVATING that suicidal's pediphile neighbor's home...tracing and retracing every step, contact, friend, family he ever knew to the time he died to find traces of their baby. PUTTING HER FACE AND STORY IN THE HEADLINES NATIONALLY, GLOBALLY would be a much better use of their time.

Phsycics no nothing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to atleast "assume" this neighbor could have been involved and she is somewhere local. I don't mean to be insensitive. It makes me cry to just imagine the parent's conversations....

This whole case is too tragic for words. It makes me angry. VERY ANGRY at the arse hole police dept. who HAVE SAID AND DONE SQUAT. We hear about this neighbor and STILL SQUAT 4months later. She could be under his house for all we know. But for some reason don't think those twit cops will make any effort as..."she may be innocently lost for all they know".

Bailey1
10-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok, I just over reacted (again). Sorry. I do grieve with these parents and how tragic to hear some goof tell them what they probably already know in the name of "crystal ball".

I react out of grief for this little girl and huge frustration for not hearing/seeing anything on her. I don't mean to make it worse for the parents and feel my prior post was too harsh.

But I do have zilch respect for the police for not helping more. And Montel can join the ranks of FLUFF BS HOLLYWOOD GARBAGE for all I care...meaningless hog wash..not journalistic, substance media.

Perhaps he is trying to trail the footprint of John Walsh in an attempt to turn his soap opera fluff show to a show of substance.... geared for information, support and encouragement.

Juliana
10-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Here's an article that says authorities are draining a lake to look for evidence in Leanna's case:

http://www.virginiamn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=154581

I agree with you Bailey regarding Montel Williams. In this article, Chris Warner says that he and his wife were obviously extremely upset after what Sylvia Brown told them regarding Leanna, and they were basically rushed out of the building and sent home after the taping, with no one to talk to or answer questions for them. That is dispicable.

River
10-15-2003, 09:26 PM
I agree, it's the parents who are the ones that determine if they will speak for their missing children.

It does seem that money helps, because you can rent billboards, radio spots, etc and get the word out.

My hinky meter went off immediately with this case. Maybe the parents know more than they are telling. They may not know who took their child, but maybe they left her home alone or something and don't want to tell. The reason I state that is when I investigated child abuse hotlines, I found out quickly that parents 'forget' to tell investigators what really happened. They'll leave out details.

For example- one of my cases had a little boy who was 3 and burned so badly he's disfigured. His mom took him to the hospital and it was determined that macaroni noodles were burned into his skin. Well, this "mom" had left him alone with his 7 year old sister and they decided to fix a snack. "mom" failed to report that she left these two kids alone for over 5 hours. So, those kids were placed in foster care until she could get her act together.

What I'm saying is that I feel the parents are failing to report that they some how may have erred.

Leaving small kids home alone is common, dangerous and sometimes deadly.

Juliana
10-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Thank you for that reminder, River. It is so easy to tell yourself "well, I'll only be gone 10 minutes, what can happen?." Well, alot of really bad things can happen in 10 minutes. But what if you are involved in a traffic accident or something else unexpected happens? 10 minutes can turn into hours. I needed that reminder myself. That is one of the reason I am so thankful for this forum - it keeps me vigilent.

Julie

Trino
10-16-2003, 04:42 AM
I live in the Twin Cities, haven't heard anything lately about Leanne. The crime occurred in small town American, the parents/community weren't weatlthy. My guess it that these two factors are contributing to the lack of publicity about the case. Patty Wetterling, a nationally known speaker/advocate for missing children, is from MN. It would seem to me that it would be beneficial if she were to emphasize this case.

People live differently on MInnesota's Iron Range. Chisholm. a town of 2,000, was considered a safe place, a working class environment, sort of like Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon. It's a place where people felt safe letting kids go alone from one house to another. If Leanne were missing, parents undoubtably, would think she was at a neighbor's home. I believe the parents were doing what everyone else in the community did, and I can't fault them for this. Times, however, have changed, and people are realizing that crime just doesn't occur in cities and that Lake Wobegon is no more.

mindys
10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Juliana
Here's an article that says authorities are draining a lake to look for evidence in Leanna's case:

http://www.virginiamn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=154581

I agree with you Bailey regarding Montel Williams. In this article, Chris Warner says that he and his wife were obviously extremely upset after what Sylvia Brown told them regarding Leanna, and they were basically rushed out of the building and sent home after the taping, with no one to talk to or answer questions for them. That is dispicable.

The same thing occurred with the Audrey Herron story (see her thread in the Missing forum too), they did Montel with Sylvia to try and find answers, the one's she gave broke their hearts and left them confused and gave me a lesson about the heart's of these people desperately searching. I don't know that Sylvia is doing much good in these cases.

mindys
10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
I wonder if the Mom here has been taking tranquilizers to try and sleep and cope. Her reaction and the emotional distance between her and her husband, seems to point to that. I've had a bit of experience there. If so, they need to get her weaned off of them, she needs to have a clear head now and weeks from now.

Juliana
10-16-2003, 06:16 PM
http://www.kstp.com/article/view/123798/

This article says that footprints believed to be Leanna's were found around the lake. They are going to lower the lake level soon to see if they can find Leanna. I don't remember reading about these footprints before.

Why are they just now searching the lake if they found footprints believed to be Leanna's?

Bailey1
10-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Because they are a bunch of back woods twits.

Bailey1
10-16-2003, 06:28 PM
My question is why did they never question the suicide ped more than once...HE LIVED 2 DOORS DOWN. Now he's dead and the only comment is ...'THEY WANTED TO QUESTION HIM FURTHER BUT NEVER GOT TO IT...??

Does this not sound so much like the Ashley Pond nuts. I think even the common Joe's first thought was the NEIGHBORS. The way these folk's parade their children alone on the streets it doesn't take a full loaf to think a neighbor finally took advantage.

Juliana
10-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Does anyone remember the name of the lake which Leanna visited with her mom the afternoon she disappeared? The authorities are draining Longyear Lake and I'm wondering if it is the same lake. I can't find any news articles.

Bailey1
10-17-2003, 11:07 AM
I wondered the same thing. Everyone stated on this board early on...why havent they checked the lake where the Mom stayed the day? It did say the lake in question was Chislom if that helps. I think that is the town they live in so it may be a local lake.

I'm not sure what they expect to find 4months later anyway? If she is in there she could be next to nothing by decompisation by now. This happened in the summer so don't think there would be much left.

This is so frustrating the cops don't reveal more on WHAT THEY HAVE FOUND OUT..searching that sob's house, truck...footprints? I am a strong believer that police should NOT w/hold evidence to the public as the public can pick things up and help more than a few cops who's time is divided amongst other things...like parking tickets. Let's face it...a handful of cops is NOT as efficient as the world wide web....

Just revealing tid bits about what THEY HAVE FOUND or is suspicious could trigger the memory of a neighbor, someone that was visiting that w/end for the concert...or even across the nation remembering someone strange who made a comment about being in that exact area around that time? They could put 2 and 2 together that he may be invovledf?

susie77301
10-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Detective Talk Forum Index Missing Persons / Kidnappings (http://Missing Persons / Kidnappings)

This is a messege board where Chris Warner has an email address. He invites posters to email him. Maybe we can give him and Kaylin support for thier missing little girl.

Susie from Texas I am still under construction, please be patient:dontknow:

alpharee
10-19-2003, 12:59 AM
your links don't work :(

susie77301
10-19-2003, 01:24 PM
I tried to post the link again. If it is not working, paste this in the browser. I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

I have been messing with this for 45 min. You can go to the site and find your way around from there. Something on here HAS to work!!!!!

This one works.

www.detectivetalk.com

GO IN THIS ORDER

www.detectivetalk.com

Click here to go to our main message boards

Missing Persons / Kidnappings

Leanna 'Beaner' Warner

Chris is signed in as GUEST ON page one he is the 7th post down. Aug/26/2003
His email is after he introduces himself.

A friend emailed him but did not get a reply yet. We think with all that is happening lately he may not have access to a computer.

Susie from Texas please be patient, I am still under construction.:dance:

GO IN THIS ORDER

www.detectivetalk.com

Click here to go to our main message boards

Missing Persons / Kidnappings

Leanna 'Beaner' Warner

Chris is signed in as GUEST ON page one he is the 7th post down. Aug/26/2003
His email is after he introduces himself.

A friend emailed him but did not get a reply yet. We think with all that is happening lately he may not have access to a computer.

alpharee
10-19-2003, 02:05 PM
I seen it. Wonder why he didn't stop by here?:)

susie77301
10-19-2003, 02:22 PM
Alpharee, maybe he needs to be invited!!! You are the most experienced poster of the two of us? You want to do it on the Detetive Board?

Susie from Texas I am still under construction, please be patient.

Ghostwheel
10-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Susie, here is how you make a link that works:

Click on Reply so you have all the buttons.
Click on the http:// button above the text box.
Type what you want to show as text in the space in the box that appears. Click OK
In the next box that appears, put in the URL from the Address line (url line) of the site you want people to see, in this case http://www.detectivetalk.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2977&start=0 Click OK.

Detectivetalk (http://www.detectivetalk.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2977&start=0)

You often cannot just copy a link and paste it elsewhere. You have to go to the properties of the link, copy them, and make your own link. Fortunately, this software will do that for you.

Now if it only had a spell check.....;)

susie77301
10-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Now maybe I can help in return. If you don't already know about
iespell checker it is free and works from your browser or right click.
It is a handy and small download.

Now let me see if I followed the instructions you gave me right.

THANK YOU

http://www.iespell.com

Susie from Texas I am still under construction please be patient.:bigthumb:

susie77301
10-19-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by susie77301
Now maybe I can help in return. If you don't already know about
iespell checker it is free and works from your browser or right click.
It is a handy and small download.

Now let me see if I followed the instructions you gave me right.

THANK YOU

http://www.iespell.com

Susie from Texas I am still under construction please be patient.:bigthumb:

IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED.
Thank you Thank you :bowing:

Ghostwheel
10-20-2003, 02:14 AM
The checker works, so all I have to do is remember to use it. My brain just goes much faster than my hands. Typing was never my forte.

Thank you.

susie77301
10-20-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ghostwheel
The checker works, so all I have to do is remember to use it. My brain just goes much faster than my hands. Typing was never my forte.

Thank you.

I dare not send a post without a spell check! It looks like a kindergarten's writting . I was afraid the board would send me home. LOL

Susie from Texas I am still under construction, please be patient.:dance:

susie77301
10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
This in today. The lake being drained to look for her. I wonder if they think she wondered off and fell in, or was taken and put in the lake. They haven;t made that clear enough.

Search for LeeAnna: Crews prepare to drain lake
KSTP, MN - 3 hours ago
(Chisholm-AP) -- Crews this week could start lowering a Chisholm
lake as they search for five-year-old LeeAnna Warner. The girl ...

www.kstp.com/article/view/123872/ (http://www.kstp.com/article/view/123872/)

I am looking every day on a goggle search for news.

Susie from Texas I am still under construction, please be patient:dance

Maybe So
10-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Leeannas mother tried to run her husband down with a car. They say that the stress of her missing daughter finally caught up with her.

Also, They are draining Longyear lake of 80 million gallons of water. The lake was already searched before but not drained.

The lake is only blocks from Leeanna's home. Bloodhounds found her scent there during the original search.

I think maybe this little girl may have merely wandered away and drowned by accident.

She was far to young to be let roam freely. I don't like to blame parents in the death of a child but I don't know what people are thinking when they let a 5 year old roam for hours without checking on them.

Maybe So
10-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I think she may be found in the lake. The bloodhounds went to the lake and they think they saw her footprints in the sand on the shore. Unless there are other footprints alongside hers then I think she may have fallen in on her own. If there were other footprints then that would change things.

They did search the lake before with divers and from the air......why are they draining the lake? wouldn't side scan sonar have found her more easily? Why didn't they use that when she was first missing?

Lots of questions about this case.

MissMisty
10-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Susie,
I appreciate your looking for articles on the search for Leanne. I don't have time and look forward to stopping by every now and then to see if there's any news. I have a bad feeling about that lake...I have no doubt that she's dead but if/when it's confirmed it will be so, so sad.
Misty

Bailey1
10-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, I don't think she fell in. She had a Pedaphile neighbor only 2 doors down..RECENTLY caught w/child porno then mysteriously killed himself. If she is in the lake..it is because he put her there.

Maybe So
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Do you think he took her walking all the way to the lake? Could he really risk having her walking out in the open like that?

I think that the dogs tracked her from her house to the lake so I don't think she stopped at a house or was taken in a vehicle.

Why didn't the dogs track her to his house?

On of her parents called her a survivalist. Said whe would drink from mud puddles and would eat army worms. I think she might have been independant enough to go to the lake alone....at least I think it is possible....not the only possibility but a good possibility.

As for the neighbor I would like to see at least some other evidence before I said he was guilty for sure.

Bailey1
10-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Well, my thoughts are speculation but facts of past abductions speak for themselves. Samantha Runnion was taken in broad daylight, Danielle was taken in a house full of people, kids are upducted from bus stops, on their way to school. There was a concert, people were "used" to seeing her by herself. It is not unfathomable she was taken in broad daylight and people not even noticing.

I see this guy talking to her and asking her to join him in the woods...why does it have to be at his house? I see him taking or leading her to the woods and doing the evil in the woods. And/or she may have wandered in there herself (unlikley IMO) and he followed her there.

This guy was a loser. HIs mind was in the gutter. It was Saturday at a time that is the most high percentage of abductions..early evening.

Maybe So
10-23-2003, 01:27 PM
I didn't know there was any woods. The lakes is in town surrounded by residential streets. Is there also woods around the lake? I haven't been able to find out. I know there are apartment buildings etc on the lake.

The lake is even divided in half by a road grade...which must be how they are able to drain one half of the lake into the other half. Apparently Leeanna lived near the southern half of the lake (the half they are draining). The southern half does appear from maps to have less residential area around it and maybe some woods?

Was the music festival in Chisholm being held anywhere near the Warner's neighborhood? or near the lake?

I 'm not saying he didn't do it. Just saying that the kiddy porn makes him suspicious but not necessarily guilty. He may have committed suicide just over the kiddy porn charges.

I would think that if his footprints were found near hers at the lake then they would have had the dogs backtrack to see
where they came from....Or at least taken a cast that they could now compare to his shoes.

I think that her footprints were all alone and that is why police are not yet saying the two are connected.

It's just my humble opinion that she could very well have been the victim of an accident instead of an abduction.

Maybe So

Bailey1
10-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Leanna was barefoot..hense her footprints. He more than likely was wearing shoes/boots. His prints may have not been legible or tackable in weeds, heavy brush.

I think it is too much a coincindence he was a pedaphile, in her area...2 DOORS DOWN, police suspect (they wanted to talk to him further), AND he committed suicide.

To me the probability he was involved is greater than not.

Maybe So
10-24-2003, 09:47 AM
As of yesterday (thurs oct 23) they hadn't started draining the lake yet. Might start today. I think they need to step on it. We are in for freezing temps and snow here in the northern US.

Northern Minnesota winters start early and the work will be miserable if they wait until it's too cold to work outside. Actually it's already pretty cold for that kind of work.

At least I am guessing that if it is miserable cold and rainy here then it is just as miserable and cold in Chisholm too. Chisolm is even further north and west than I am, they are only an hour from Cananada.

Saw some footage of the lake on the news and it does appear to have woods and brush along the shoreline in some areas. It also appeared that some rather busy roads running alongside the lake in some areas that you would have to cross to get to some areas of the shoreline. I have no idea if the area of the lake they showed was anywhere near where they think Leeanna is or not. It don't know if what they showed was recent footage or old file footage of the lake.

Maybe So
10-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Weather forecast for Chisholm and further down the page is a good areal view of the town and the lake. The lake is pretty big.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Chisholm-Minnesota.html

susie77301
10-24-2003, 04:10 PM
:dontknow: I not sure on this. I will look at past news articles to
be sure. But from what I understand the foot prints were found at Chisholm Lake. I think also the blood hounds picked up her trail there. The Longmire Lake is where the pedo killed himself. I also was wondering about the way he died. He died of asphyxiation with a plastic bag over his head. Could be a sexual accidental death or someone participated in something with him. The LE have not said anything at all about that possibility. JMOO. It would be interesting to find out if there was a partner in his death. There may be another person of interest to check out about Leanna! At any rate I will get back to the post about the information I just posted. If anyone else has information on this please correct my post.

Susie from Texas I am still under construction please be patient:bigthumb:

Maybe So
10-25-2003, 04:40 PM
No it is Longyear lake they are draining half of. Perhaps in the news they called it "a Chisholm Lake" because it is in Chisholm... but that is not it's actual name.

The guy with kid porn killed himself at a gravel pit.

Maybe they should excavate the gravel pit too?

susie77301
10-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Maybe So
No it is Longyear lake they are draining half of. Perhaps in the news they called it "a Chisholm Lake" because it is in Chisholm... but that is not it's actual name.

The guy with kid porn killed himself at a gravel pit.

Maybe they should excavate the gravel pit too?

Of course they should excavate the gravel pit duh! You mean they have'nt?

Susie

Maybe So
10-25-2003, 09:49 PM
Well they did search for clues just in case she was buried there....but it didn't sound like they did a lot of digging or excavating.

Maybe So
10-26-2003, 02:32 PM
When looking at the findbeaner website I looked at the Warner home video. Leeanna is bigger and more mature than I imagined her to be. When they siad she would drink from a puddle or eat army worms I imagined a girl little enough to not really know better....but she is a pretty good size and seems pretty mature.

Additionally in the article below it appears she would ride her bike along the shore of Longyear Lake.

http://www.kbjr.com/morenews/morenews-story.asp?n=1

"She's energetic and curious.

Her father says LeeAnna loved to ride her bike, especially along the shore of Longyear Lake."

Juliana
11-04-2003, 10:31 AM
They have stopped the lowering of Longyear Lake due to freezing weather. They had more cadaver dogs out to search the newly-exposed land, and they didn't come up with anything.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/7177150.htm

Maybe So
11-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Yes, they stupidly waited to do this until we had freezing wet weather. They missed two weeks of much better weather before that when they could have gotten the job done. The last thing I read was that they had only lowered the lake about 9 inches in a week.....

Bailey1
11-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Does that surprise you? This child was/is lost. The police move backwards and the parents..well..nuff said.

Maybe So
11-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Officials get heat for calling off lake draining effort.

http://www.grandrapids-mn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=156347

Bailey1
11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I would be so furious at these cops...more so for the bumbling and down right NEGLIGENCE AND INCOMPETENCE since when Leanna went missing.

It's all about money right now. That is totally BOGUS their reasoning for working at night>?? As if bloodhounds are a sure thing? If they would have put out an Amber Alert all this could have been avoided. It they would have taken SERIOUSly neighbors and PEDAPHILES living 2 doors down things could have been different.

With all due respect to Leanna's mother...her body found in the lake does not prove drowning. Unfortunately I don't know what evidence there could be in either direction with bones. What it could do is put closure to her not "out there somewhere".

Not knowing the area it is highly unlikely a barefoot 5yr. old going next door for a 30min play Sat eveing when tired would venture ALONE in the wilderness to go swimming. hello

Maybe So
11-12-2003, 01:36 AM
I have no idea if she would have gone there to go swimming all alone or not but this lake isn't in the "Wilderness" and she often rode her bike there..... It is only about 2 city blocks from her house. It is surrounded by roads and residential neighborhoods it isn't a lake out in the woods.

Bailey1
11-13-2003, 12:32 PM
She was barefoot. So 2 blocks can be a deterent. I didn't mean to suggest swimming..just used that as a figure of speech. I tend to lean if she is in the lake, someone put her there.

Juliana
12-24-2003, 02:42 PM
No sign of Leanna in man's car. What are the chances they would find some trace after all this time anyway?

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4285573.html

scandi
12-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Hi!

Wasn't this the case that Rocky spent so much time on? I wonder what ever happened to Rocky?

I was so hoping she would be found alive.

:santahat: ScandiRainmaker ILKstress

Trino
12-25-2003, 07:01 AM
It sounds like the local LE screwed up things rather badly. How many people would be "onlookers" anyway that LE would need to drain the lake at night? And, they didn't tell the family? How long did it take to seize the truck of the pedophile? Sounds like they didn't do it until after his suicide. It also sounds like local LE has spent most of their time at the local donut shop/chasing speeders, have little experience with real crime.

miimaa
12-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Trino - you're right about that. I live in the area and the cops focus on DUI's and drugs. They don't know anything else.

Trino
12-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Today's Star Tribune stated that the suicide had nothing to do with Leanna's disappearance. What are current theories in the area about her disappearance? I just don't think she went into the water on her own and drown.

jblfelines
12-27-2003, 09:43 AM
I felt it was odd that the parents did not push for more media attention. I hope this case gets solved.

Trino
12-28-2003, 10:07 AM
You know, it's interesting that you mention the parents. When I first heard/read about LeAnna's disappearance, that's where my first thoughts were. I really don't have much reason right now to say why I felt that way, but something just didn't add up. But, why would the mother hurt LeAnna? Accidentally harmed her? She sounds like an angry and aggressive person - didn't know about her trying to run the father over. Is there a way to remove the police chief?

miimaa
12-29-2003, 10:46 AM
More than a few people think they should remove the police chief too. I don't know if the mom did anything to Leanne but the story is that the parents were going to get a divorce then this happened. The mom had Leanne at a friend's lake place that day but I've never read or heard WHO that friend was. It's all such a mystery. All I know is that even when my son was in his his early teens I'd wait outside (or in the car) until he was IN the friend's house. I always wanted to make sure someone was home. In fact, I'd make him wave to me to signal that everything was okay before I'd leave.

Juliana
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
This case really upsets me. I hate that when I do a Google News search on Leanna's name, I come up with nothing. What happened to Leanna?

http://findbeaner.org/

Up2theminute
02-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Remember, it's LeeAnna :)
I'm having conversation deja vous. :innocent:
Hey, what happened to the other thread we had on her around here?

Up2theminute
02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
bump :angel:

Up2theminute
02-23-2004, 09:06 PM
:) Juliana, It was on page 4 past a month old in the other missing section. I just bumped it.
I swear I'm not being picky about the name spelling thing but we might want to change that just so info/article searching is easier. :angel:

Juliana
02-23-2004, 09:14 PM
:) Juliana, It was on page 4 past a month old in the other missing section. I just bumped it.
I swear I'm not being picky about the name spelling thing but we might want to change that just so info/article searching is easier. :angel:

Thanks for the correction! I remember that, now! Anyway, I did a search with the correct spelling and still nothing.

Ghostwheel
02-25-2004, 12:47 AM
findbeaner.org has it as Leanna (so check both) and I found quite a few articles by searching www.go.com (powered by google), but none of them new.

http://www.amw.com/site/thisweek/W/WarnerLeanna/warnerindex.html
http://www.kdlh.com/news/headlines/392557.html
http://www.virginiamn.com/placed/index.php?story_id=156241

WasBlind
03-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks for adding Leanna to 18 Wheel Angels, Kelly.

Praying for answers and soon, Lanie

WasBlind
03-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for adding Leanna to 18 Wheel Angels, Kelly.

I see she got a lot of downloads and flyers posted. I sure hope it helped in the search.

God bless you for all you do for the missing, Lanie

Kelly
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Project Jason is pleased to announce that Leanna Warner is our current 18 Wheel Angels campaign.

18 Wheel Angels is our National Missing Person's Location Program wherein we enlist the aid of truck drivers or other business travelers to place, or distribute in any way, specifically chosen posters of missing persons, both adult and children. Campaigns run bi-monthly.

If you know any drivers or trucking companies who might be interested in supporting our program through participation, please direct them to our website and to the 18 Wheel Angels link, or have them email me.

In addition to this news of hope for Leanna's family, Project Jason, through their affiliation with J.B. Scott Publishing, has secured front page coverage of Leanna on one of their magazines, Through the Gears. This publication can be picked up free at truck stops across the country. Leanna's photo is on the cover of the April issue, plus more detailed information is available about her inside the magazine. This publication has a circulation of approximately 150,000+.

I received an advance copy via email, and you can view it here:

http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/index_files/page0017.htm

As soon as I have the actual issue, I will scan it & upload it so that it is clearer than the one available to view in the above link.

With hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski,
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
18WheelAngels@projectjason.org

River
04-01-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't know if the parents were involved in this or not. I do believe that they know a heck of a lot more than they are telling.

My thoughts are that the parents didn't watch Beaner and just let her out to play, unsupervised. They "lost" her and won't admit it. JMO. I also think that she's been picked up by a pedophile, most likely the dead one that killed himself. They have other kids, right? If they admit the truth, they are probably afraid that they would have to give up their other kids due to neglect. JMO again, of course.

Juliana
04-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Here's a new article. Not any new info just asking the public to look for Leanna now that the snow is melting and foliage isn't on the trees yet.

The article says that unlike Dru Sjodin's abduction, LE did not have a surveilance tape. Did they have a surveilance tape of Dru or are they referring to the girl who faked her abduction last month (can't think of the name)?

Here's the link:
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/8506474.htm

Maybe So
04-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Here's a new article. Not any new info just asking the public to look for Leanna now that the snow is melting and foliage isn't on the trees yet.

The article says that unlike Dru Sjodin's abduction, LE did not have a surveilance tape. Did they have a surveilance tape of Dru or are they referring to the girl who faked her abduction last month (can't think of the name)?

Here's the link:
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/8506474.htm

I think the reporter is confused with some other recent case? I never heard of a surveillance tape in the Dru Sjodin case. The reporter is also incorrect about there not being any sex offender in the area. There was a man caught with child porn in the neighborhood and he committed suicide on the day he was supposed to go to court about the child porn charge...he hasn't been linked to the dissapearance however.

mindys
04-24-2004, 10:56 AM
There is surveillance tape of the PERP who abducted Dru, in the mall and from a camera outside another entrance. He said he had been nowhere in the area - LIE.

Up2theminute
04-24-2004, 01:10 PM
That is true about the neighbor w/ child porn. I wonder though if they had to be careful to not use the word sex offender since he never did get charged or have a court hearing for the offense, it was just an accusation before he killed himself. But I see what you're saying. They should have at least made mention of the fact that a neighbor was "alleged" to have possession of child porn after which he killed himself before any charges arose. Saying there was no one with any such background gives a false picture of the circumstances in that area. I agree.

blueclouds
05-03-2004, 02:53 AM
bumping for Beaner and her family
God, I pray she will be found by the end of may 2004.
God bless her family.

Mom who cares
05-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Is there any new news about this little peanut? Same age as my little niece, where did she go?

coloradomom
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe it's because I have a daughter who is about Leanna's age, but I can't get this little one off my mind. Have their been any updates in her case? I search the Internet almost daily, but have come across no new information.

Doyle
06-15-2004, 05:11 AM
She was last seen June 14 in Chisholm. For more information, go to www.find
beaner.org.

Kaelin Warner can't bring herself to drive by her daughter's old child-care center. Same for the elementary school where Leanna was supposed to attend kindergarten last fall.

Her husband, Chris, has trouble looking at pictures. It's too hard, he says, to see his brown-eyed little girl smiling back at him.

Five-year-old Leanna, nicknamed "Beaner" at birth because her mother thought she looked like a tiny bean pod, was last seen June 14, 2003, walking alone about a block away from her home in Chisholm.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/8906581.htm

Doyle
06-30-2004, 05:03 AM
The parents of LeeAnna Warner have hired a private investigator to help find out what happened to the 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her Chisholm neighborhood more than a year ago.

Chris and Kaelin Warner said they are working with Bob Heales, a private investigator who spearheaded searches that led to the bodies of Dru Sjodin and Erika Dalquist.
http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D83GFQQG2

Doyle
07-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Chris and Kaelin Warner are fully aware of what might be discovered in a new ground search for their missing 5-year-old daughter, Leanna.

However, a little more than a year after their brown-eyed, brown-haired daughter disappeared from their small-town neighborhood, the Warners are still seeking closure.

"I realize that when you start doing a search like this that the outcome may not be positive," Chris Warner said. "But we need this to end."

Bob Heales, a private investigator who coordinated nationally publicized search efforts leading to the recovery of the bodies of Dru Sjodin and Erika Dalquist, has been hired by the Warners to lead a search for Leanna.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/9045248.htm

Doyle
07-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Renowned private investigator Bob Heales isn’t making any guarantees to the family of Leanna Warner for this coming weekend’s search.
“The only guarantee I can make is that if we don't go out and try to find Leanna, we won’t find her,” said Heales Monday afternoon, just five days before renewed search efforts for Warner will begin in Chisholm.
http://www.hibbingmn.com/placed/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=177276

Trino
07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
We were in Chisholm (not part of search) this weekend. Nothing was found on Saturday; I assume nothing was found on Sunday either.

If you're not familiar with Chisholm, let me tell you about the area. It's remote by most standards. Minnesota's northern mining industry, including Chisholm, is pre-Reclaimation Act, so for miles there are abandoned iron ore mines/pits/very long and deep lakes created by mining. The Iron Range itself extends both east and west of Chisholm, so it's an extensive area of nothingness of iron ore tailings (small mountains of them) amid trees and woods for as far as you can see. From Grand Rapids through Hibbing, Chisholm, Virginia to Eveleth it's about 70 straight miles, so you can imagine the square mileage surrounding the area. ATV and snowmobile trails crisscross the land forever. I don't know how anyone could find evidence. You could search around Chisholm, but there's so much unoccupied land in the entire area that only a miracle could locate clues. Even this description doesn't do the possibilities justice.

Aunt Blabby
07-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I was in Hibbing/Chisholm on Friday. My youngest daughter lives in Hibbing. She knows the family and talks to Leanna's grandmother quite often. Unfortunately, my daughter couldn't be there for the search but she did recruit a number of volunteers from her church. You described the area much better than I could. If you've never been there it's hard to imagine. And like you said it would take a miracle---(and everyone is still hoping for one.)

Trino
07-13-2004, 01:59 PM
The Iron Range is approximately 200 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul. North of MiLacs there's not much for about 100 miles until things open up to the Iron Range cities. The economy was healthy there for about 100 years until the bottom fell from the taconite industry (iron ore) in the 1980s. The State has made attempts to revive the range cities with Iron World and the Mesabi Trail but has experienced limited success. I would guess that Chisholm doesn't have a lot of resources to devote to finding Leanna. I don't know the finances of her parents, but I would guess they would fit the mold of struggling people who stayed on the Range.

If there's an account set up for the family, and anyone has a few extra $, it would be a worthy cause.

WasBlind
08-13-2004, 03:21 AM
For Beaner

AuntieKaren
08-16-2004, 12:48 AM
This case really upsets me. I hate that when I do a Google News search on Leanna's name, I come up with nothing. What happened to Leanna?

Has LE ever formally said that she is considered dead? I mean, after all this time...damn, it's like she fell off the face of the earth. So sad. I still think her parents were involved.
Karen

deputylinda
08-16-2004, 02:26 AM
i have not forgotten this child. something doesn't smell right.

emma l
08-16-2004, 05:34 AM
I haven't forgotten her either. The one positive thing about this case is that the child is so young that is not impossible she was taken by someone who wanted a child of their own. She would be too young to recall much of her previous family life after a while. I pray that this is what happened..........

Mom who cares
08-18-2004, 04:02 PM
If that were the case, LeeAnna has a rather unique face and someone might recognize her somewhere. I believe they are going to search for her again in September.

Trino
08-19-2004, 10:20 PM
It seems many posts are from city folks, so I'll post this again. Maybe it will help to clarify the possibilities.

Northern Minnesota from where Leanna disappeared is part of a region known as the Iron Range. What you see for miles and miles are trees, abandoned mines, lakes and snowmobile/ATV trails. Between this landscape there are a few towns, built a century ago as mining settlements. Just as soon as you leave these towns, the landscape abruptly changes. There are so many hiding places, so many places where people just don't go, that unless you've seen the region, you cannot imagine the possibilites - miles and miles of iron ore tailings, an occasional house, but mostly nothingness. Without a clue, to look for anything in that region is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Mom who cares
08-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi, Trino, thanks for the info. I live in Northern Wisconsin, very remote, but not with the old mines or anything, just lots of forests, lakes and miles of nothing much. I don't know if you remember the Cora Jones case, she was killed near Waupaca and her killer for some reason brought her body just North of Antigo, where I live. If not for some bow hunters checking a deer stand, she may never have been found. I just pray and hope that something like that will happen for Beaner.

Mom who cares
08-21-2004, 04:47 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if our best scenario came true, and someone enrolls LeeAnna in school and she is found? I wonder how well trained school admins
are at watching for this.

WasBlind
08-22-2004, 05:20 AM
Has LE ever formally said that she is considered dead? I mean, after all this time...damn, it's like she fell off the face of the earth. So sad. I still think her parents were involved.
Karen

Leanna's parents have been cleared. You would know that, had you taken time to read the whole story instead of just posting without any regard for their feelings.

Please post as if the family was going to read it every time, and then you will have nothing to worry about. Consider people's feelings, and bind your tongue (fingertips), please.

To Leanna's parents, I am truly sorry if you are hurt by any comments on this forum. May God bless you and keep you until Beaner is home.
Much love to you, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

WasBlind
08-22-2004, 05:23 AM
i have not forgotten this child. something doesn't smell right.

???

I would agree, something isn't "right". A child has been taken.
Again, I will restate something that is public knowledge.
Leanna's parents have been cleared.

With prayers of HOPE for Leanna and her family, Lanie

WasBlind
08-22-2004, 05:25 AM
It seems many posts are from city folks, so I'll post this again. Maybe it will help to clarify the possibilities.

Northern Minnesota from where Leanna disappeared is part of a region known as the Iron Range. What you see for miles and miles are trees, abandoned mines, lakes and snowmobile/ATV trails. Between this landscape there are a few towns, built a century ago as mining settlements. Just as soon as you leave these towns, the landscape abruptly changes. There are so many hiding places, so many places where people just don't go, that unless you've seen the region, you cannot imagine the possibilites - miles and miles of iron ore tailings, an occasional house, but mostly nothingness. Without a clue, to look for anything in that region is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thank you Trino. Please pray for Beaner and those who search for her.
Special thanks to Kelly, Robert, Cindy and Marti for all you have done on behalf of this precious little girl.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

emma l
08-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if our best scenario came true, and someone enrolls LeeAnna in school and she is found? I wonder how well trained school admins
are at watching for this.

This would be amazing........didn't someone try to do that to missing child Bethany Markowski? I found this link.
http://www.wrcbtv.com/special_reports/crimestopper.cfm?DID=4465

Never the less Bethany and Leanna are still missing and thats the main thing. I guess an alert school admin officer might notice- in Bethanys case the woman was acting suspicious..........not sure how many other people REALLY look at missing peoples photos. Watched an episode of Oprah once where the took a piccie of a kid and put up fake "missing child" posters in a mall. They then sat the kid UNDER A POSTER to check whether people read these things..........You know how many people noticed the "missing child" was sat underneath his own poster? None! Not one person..............Lets just hope people open their eyes...............and these little girls can be brought home safe!

Trino
08-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Emma, what you described on Oprah is truly amazing. Our local grocery stores, small restaurants, the mall, post offices, etc. have wanted posters and pictures of missing kids. Thanks for showing us all that we need to be more alert!

AuntieKaren
08-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Leanna's parents have been cleared. You would know that, had you taken time to read the whole story instead of just posting without any regard for their feelings.

Please post as if the family was going to read it every time, and then you will have nothing to worry about. Consider people's feelings, and bind your tongue (fingertips), please.

To Leanna's parents, I am truly sorry if you are hurt by any comments on this forum. May God bless you and keep you until Beaner is home.
Much love to you, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Lanie--
I don't appreciate your comment. You make me out to be someone who is cold-hearted and uncaring. I truly do not remember reading that the parents were cleared.
Karen

Mom who cares
09-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Bumping for Beaner. Please pray for her safe return.

Mom who cares
09-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Bumping for Beaner!

Mom who cares
09-10-2004, 06:22 PM
After the July searches turned up nothing, I had read that they were going to search again in September. Has anyone heard anything?

MistyGirl
09-14-2004, 12:11 PM
I am from Minnesota and live just south of the Twin Cities and this case has been on my mind ever since it happened. I have a few questions & concersns.............WHY is it that Daniel VanDam case and others get all of this media attention and little Beaner let's be honest did not get nearly a quarter of the atttention / coverage by the Media. Not that it would have made much of a difference but you just never never known. It doesnt seem to me that they are even investigaiting any longer there just never seems to be much said about it. Another thing I have noticed is I have not seen ONE poster for her in my local areas at all. I feel so terrible for her family and loved ones I can't even imagaine having soemthing happen to my daughter. I pray for little Beaner every single night.

Mom who cares
09-14-2004, 01:38 PM
I feel so terrible for her family and loved ones I can't even imagaine having soemthing happen to my daughter. I pray for little Beaner every single night.

Misty, this case really bothers me too. Beaner has a printable poster on her website, FindBeaner.org, it might make you feel better to print some out and hang them up. It might seem like a small thing to do, but, somebody knows something somewhere, and it only takes one person to spot the missing and bring them home safe. Bless you for caring for Beaner! :blowkiss:

Kelly
10-05-2004, 10:45 AM
http://wcco.com/localnews/local_story_279094258.html

Commissioner: Use Missing Girl Fliers While Campaigning

Oct 5, 2004 8:40 am US/Central
Duluth, Minn. (AP) A St. Louis County commissioner has an idea for helping find a missing Chisholm girl.

Joanne Fay suggests that candidates across Minnesota hand out a picture of LeeAnna Warner as they campaign door-to-door this fall.

Fay called LeeAnn's parents, Chris and Kaelin Warner, and they liked the idea. Fay says she then called the man running against her, Steve O'Neil, and he agreed to join her in the effort.

They and the Warners are encouraging all candidates to go to the Internet, print out a LeeAnna flier and distribute copies as they go door-to-door across the state.

LeeAnna -- nicknamed "Beaner" -- was five years old when she disappeared last year.

Mom who cares
10-12-2004, 03:20 PM
For Beaner
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/state/9840776.htm

lisag
10-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Praying for Beaner....

Mickeymouse523
10-25-2004, 10:15 PM
I could be way off but I thought I remembered hearing that there was a man who have been accused of rape or sexual abuse previously who committed suicide not long after Leeanna disappeard. I could be wrong but I thought that what I heard...Correct me if I'm wrong.

LillyRush
10-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Yes, I remember there being something about a neighborhood sex offender that commited suicide, but haven't heard much of anything about it. I hope that they did not just drop that lead all because the guy killed himself.
I think the parents were a little naive and maybe even a little bit irresponsible, but I don't think that they're guilty.
I think the sex offender possibility should have been considered more, if it's not still being investigated, they may have at least been able to find her body..as sad as that sounds.

emma l
10-28-2004, 06:08 AM
No, you're right.I think they impounded this guys car but couldn't find any trace of the little girl of her DNA................................I wonder where she is??

Mom who cares
12-03-2004, 03:47 PM
For Beaner and her family.

scandi
12-07-2004, 03:53 AM
She was a dolly girl, just adorable. I remember Rocky's passion to find her before her light went out.

One thing I remember is that somewhere we learned through the media or Rocky, that there was someone with a star tatooed on his arm. Does anyone know if this neighbor with the child porn who killed himself had a tatoo like this?

There was another remarkable poster here at that time as well, who was a mainstay poster who could sense things about people. Oooohhhh, I can't think of her name. But I wonder where she is. I miss reading her posts. Sound familiar?

Good to see you River! I totally agree about Beaners parents. And I think there are a whole lot of parents like this out there with precious children not being properly cared for. It is enough to make one cringe at the thought!

And yes, God bless Beaner. I am so sorry she never got that much media attention to raise the $$'s to broaden the search. And I am so sorry she hasn't been found so she can come home to her family.

:blowkiss: Scandi

brwneyedfem4u
12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I am a friend of the aunt of Leanna and the family is doing all the can to bring her home and yeah maybe the parents have problems but it dont mean they dont love there baby girl whom they have to deal with being gone everyday so please every just pray for her safe arival home

fourboys
12-16-2004, 11:28 PM
I am a friend of the aunt of Leanna and the family is doing all the can to bring her home and yeah maybe the parents have problems but it dont mean they dont love there baby girl whom they have to deal with being gone everyday so please every just pray for her safe arival home
brwneyedfem4u, saying a prayer for all involved.

God Bless,

fourboys

carolina
12-17-2004, 08:27 AM
i would think that anyone who's daughter was stolen from their lives would have problems...it means they are normal. i would be worried if they didnt.

please bring leanna home for christmas.

blueclouds
12-31-2004, 12:12 AM
BUMPING FOR BEANER. Where are you little girl? I think of you often dear little one.

I think about Celine Dion's song FLY when I think of Beaner.

"CELINE DION - Fly Lyrics
Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light"

Dark Shadows
12-31-2004, 02:20 AM
BUMPING FOR BEANER. Where are you little girl? I think of you often dear little one.

I think about Celine Dion's song FLY when I think of Beaner.

"CELINE DION - Fly Lyrics
Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light"
Thank you Bluecloud - sad this little girl has not been located - this song reminds me of Beaner to.

MistyGirl
01-03-2005, 03:25 PM
I jsut wanted to bup this thread because little Leanna is from the state where I live and it makes me so sad that she has nto been found and that there has never been much said about her in the media etc.:banghead:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Leanna and all of her family and friends. Thinking of you all.

Mrs_Norwood
01-30-2005, 04:42 PM
For Beaner :blowkiss:

Ticamom
01-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for this beautiful song, Blueclouds. :blowkiss:

It always reminds me of a beloved student I once had, she died of bone cancer. I always imagine her flying away from pain and suffering to God's arms. I hope that wherever Beaner is, she is also free from pain. I just pray that her family will someday ( soon ) know where she is and what happened to her. Godspeed......

phylliyum
03-10-2005, 08:30 PM
If anyone has visited her website (http://www.findbeaner.org), her family posted a video of LeeAnna, taken the day before she was abducted. It is heart breaking to watch, to see the little girl so full of life and smiling one day and the next...disappeared....

What happened to you little girl? Someone saw SOMETHING that day...and they are afraid to come forward...someone always knows something when a child disappears, because let's face it....kids dont just vanish into thin air. Someone always knows something, and I really feel that there is someone out there who saw LeeAnna be abducted...

I pray daily for Beaner's family to get answers...whether the ending be good or bad...because not knowing has to be a worse torture....

Karyn
04-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I am always looking for something on LeAnna, she is the sweetest little thing. Does anyone have any updates on her, I am unable to locate anything.

MistyGirl
04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Bump, for you sweet little Beaner! I have not frogotten you. You and your family are still in my prayers and thougths often.

MistyGirl
04-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Wow that is freaky....I juat was wondering the same thing and I just bumped her thread and then came here and saw your post.

I live in Minnesota and I have not heard any news at all. So sad.

Maybe So
04-08-2005, 02:31 PM
I am always looking for something on LeAnna, she is the sweetest little thing. Does anyone have any updates on her, I am unable to locate anything.

You posted this in the wrong forum. This forum is for missing that have been located. There is a forum for discussion of those still missing.

Just letting you know because when I saw beaners name in this lacated forum my heart skipped a beat thinking she had been found.

Karyn
04-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Sorry, I realized this after I had posted it. She is a lovely little girl, her parents must be so strong to go through this, my 8 year old never came home from school the other and I had to ring the police, Beaner appeared in my head and I hoguht now I know how they felt.
apparently she was at the local swimming pool, they just let her in without paying and swimming in her Knickers and singlet, luckly we live in a safe neighbourhood, but it could have (thank god she is okay) lead to the same ending as all these other precious kids. If only she was found ....

LillyRush
04-18-2005, 10:46 PM
MistyGirl, Do you get any local news on this story? I never hear anything about this anymore. It's really sad the way it seemed to be just left to go unsolved.

Dark Shadows
04-19-2005, 04:21 AM
I could be way off but I thought I remembered hearing that there was a man who have been accused of rape or sexual abuse previously who committed suicide not long after Leeanna disappeard. I could be wrong but I thought that what I heard...Correct me if I'm wrong.
You heard it right, it never panned out in Leeanna's disapperance.

Has anyone heard any "new" news lately?

DS:angel:

PaulaKay
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Nothing new or it seems nothing at all has been reported on this in the last few months.

MistyGirl
04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Nothing new or it seems nothing at all has been reported on this in the last few months.:banghead: I have not heard anything either and I am in MN...nothing :banghead: It is like this poor little girl is just forgotten about. I can't even begin to understand what her parents are going through. Being a parent mysell the not knowing I would drive me CRAZY. Praying for Beaner!!!!!

PS...nice to see another fellow poster from MN!!! Welcome PaulaKay!

Usher737
04-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Personally, I think LE needs to fully search the area that loser committed suicide in. I remeber reading only a small, surface search was conducted. If he did hurt her, he should have left a letter confessing to end the mystery. But these predators lack all forms of reason.

mysteriew
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Two years after the disappearance of 5-year-old Leanna "Beaner" Warner, officials don't have any promising leads left to search for the girl.

Abducted June 14, 2003, Warner was last seen walking alone about a block from her home on this Iron Range town. Since then, police have tracked down thousands of leads and come up with next to nothing.

Chisholm Police Chief Scott Erickson said an occasional lead still comes in, but there's nothing concrete.

"We're just hoping to get that little piece of the puzzle that will break this case wide open," Erickson said. "All I can say is that we're not giving up."

Warner's parents, Chris and Lois Warner, said they were hopeful that Tuesday's anniversary will put the spotlight back on the case. They think any publicity could help them find their daughter.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/11892044.htm

lady-eowyn
06-14-2005, 04:15 PM
*sigh*...I was not very familiar with "Beaners" case until I came to WS...but now everytime I think of it I just want to cry...what a precious child, and no clues whatsoever :(

sharon25
06-17-2005, 05:26 AM
If anyone has visited her website (http://www.findbeaner.org (http://www.findbeaner.org/)), her family posted a video of LeeAnna, taken the day before she was abducted. It is heart breaking to watch, to see the little girl so full of life and smiling one day and the next...disappeared....

What happened to you little girl? Someone saw SOMETHING that day...and they are afraid to come forward...someone always knows something when a child disappears, because let's face it....kids dont just vanish into thin air. Someone always knows something, and I really feel that there is someone out there who saw LeeAnna be abducted...

I pray daily for Beaner's family to get answers...whether the ending be good or bad...because not knowing has to be a worse torture....:(
my little girl is 5.
i just cried and cried watching that video.
I'm gathering a ton of posters that I need to print
out, for when all the major festivals happen here.

I just read through the thread- not all of it but the beginning..
is it everyones opinions that the family was acting strange?
or do I need to read more on the case?

Juliana
06-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Two Years Later, No Leads

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S8808.html?cat=1

I think about little Beaner and her family often. I hope they are able to find some answers someday soon.

kahskye
06-28-2005, 08:43 PM
:(

I just read through the thread- not all of it but the beginning..
is it everyones opinions that the family was acting strange?
or do I need to read more on the case?I haven't read all the threads about this case, but I remember when little Beaner disappeared and always will, being it was on my birthday. I always wondered a little about the parents and felt she should have been watched more carefullly being she was only 5, even if her parents felt it was a safe area. I guess it wasn't too safe being she's missing. I watched her video and it is very sad to see her, especially being this video was only the day before her abduction. Maybe I missed it, but was this video shown when she first went missing and did the family take alot of videos of her?

Usher737
06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I haven't read all the threads about this case, but I remember when little Beaner disappeared and always will, being it was on my birthday. I always wondered a little about the parents and felt she should have been watched more carefullly being she was only 5, even if her parents felt it was a safe area. I guess it wasn't too safe being she's missing. I watched her video and it is very sad to see her, especially being this video was only the day before her abduction. Maybe I missed it, but was this video shown when she first went missing and did the family take alot of videos of her?

I totally agree! As a matter of fact, the area was not safe at all. I registered sex offender lived on her street. She passed his house on her way to her friends'. He committed suicide shortly after she went missing. He was not throughly investiged IMO. LE did check his truck for her DNA but came up empty. However, this should not rule him out as a suspect. There are plenty of reasons as to why no DNA was found.

Darlene733510
07-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Now that we know Joseph Duncon, the man who abducted the Goene children has been caught, I wonder if he could have had anything to do with the Beaner childs
abduction.

He was in MN - but was he there when she was abducted?

We have heard he did molest Shasta, so it seems his preference is not always little boys.

Darlene733510
07-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Seems I spelled Duncan wrong in my above post.

We have a technical problem, and I could not edit my post, so I corrected the spelling here.

Darlene733510
07-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Trying to Bump up.

Azlaw
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Duncan blogged about Beaner and tried to creat an alibi - that he can't back up because he lost receipts.

Read this link - scroll down to Beaner's picture. Very interesting and highly suspicious.

I hope LE looks at Duncan for Beaner's case too.

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/

Aunt Blabby
07-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Here is a link from the today's newspaper in Duluth MN.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/12073266.htm

fran
07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm glad to see that they are at least looking into this matter. It's just unsetteling that this Duncan guy, I believe, started his blog just at the time Beaner went missing and to show that he had an alibi.

Like I said on a post in another thread, the one thing I learned studying the Peterson case, 'a perp often times gives an answer before he's even asked a question.'

Up to this point, Duncan was known as only molesting boys. Why would he need an alibi for a 'missing little girl?' :furious:

JMHO
fran

SewingDeb
07-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm glad to see that they are at least looking into this matter. It's just unsetteling that this Duncan guy, I believe, started his blog just at the time Beaner went missing and to show that he had an alibi.

Like I said on a post in another thread, the one thing I learned studying the Peterson case, 'a perp often times gives an answer before he's even asked a question.'

Up to this point, Duncan was known as only molesting boys. Why would he need an alibi for a 'missing little girl?' :furious:

JMHO
fran

Odd, isn't it? That's the only missing child he mentioned in his blog (irc) and I am sure there were other missing children during the time the blog covers.

Aunt Blabby
07-08-2005, 02:22 AM
And added to that.....the number of times he said he got even and never got caught. Makes you wonder.......WHAT else did he do? My youngest daughter lives up there and is close to Beaners family. If there is any connection to this pervert I hope it comes out.

CaliKid
07-08-2005, 02:29 AM
This must be so frustrating and horrible for Beaner's family. Just like with the Groene children, they had no idea that a random child molester from outside their area could just swoop down and take her. If he did, I hope they can prove it.

fran
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
And added to that.....the number of times he said he got even and never got caught. Makes you wonder.......WHAT else did he do? My youngest daughter lives up there and is close to Beaners family. If there is any connection to this pervert I hope it comes out.

Aunt Blabby:
I was just on another thread where they were talking about the possibility of Duncan being connected to the disappearance of 'beaner.' Basically just that the police are looking into it.

I have to tell you something that peeked my interest though. I was reading Ducan's blog last night and he mentioned a 'biker' weekend. Well, on the thread I was just on, someone mentioned that there had been some type of 'biker' get together in the town 'beaner' lived that weekend. Connection?

Also, Steve Groene is involved in motorcycles also. Coincidence?

You know what they say, 'there is no such thing as a coincidence when it comes to murder.'

FWIW and JMHO
fran

Rocky
07-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Aunt Blabby:
I was just on another thread where they were talking about the possibility of Duncan being connected to the disappearance of 'beaner.' Basically just that the police are looking into it.

I have to tell you something that peeked my interest though. I was reading Ducan's blog last night and he mentioned a 'biker' weekend. Well, on the thread I was just on, someone mentioned that there had been some type of 'biker' get together in the town 'beaner' lived that weekend. Connection?

Also, Steve Groene is involved in motorcycles also. Coincidence?

You know what they say, 'there is no such thing as a coincidence when it comes to murder.'

FWIW and JMHO
fran

we were all heavily involved in this case, every year they have a biker convention, but I will say, when the word went out that beanie was kidnapped, they had 100's of bikers that joined in the search to try and find them.

several of us spotted an old building close to the party that set off hinky meters, could she have been right in the middle of everything at that time?

Rocky
07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Fargo/Detroit Lakes is a 3 hour drive to Chisholm

wondering22
07-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello, All.

This is my first WS post... (i.e., please be kind, lol...)

Here is a messagethread that I happened across yesterday in Usenet.

I found the info very disconcerting, so I am glad that I came across this thread here, so I could share it with knowledgable individuals who can discern IF it is actually important for the investigation into Leanna's disappearance.

Perhaps y'all already know about this --- but I was concerned that Leanna's father had NOT mentioned this in the Duluth newspaper article, linked to above.

The first posting in the thread linked to below shows that "Jet" Duncan, (his known alias), is shown to be in Crosby, MN in August, 2003.

Duncan Camping in Crosby Minnesota Aug 2003

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/browse_thread/thread/d2ef0f21f358fdfc/3bb5eb7becd65a10?q=duncan+jet&rnum=2&hl=en

Rocky
07-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Hello, All.

This is my first WS post... (i.e., please be kind, lol...)

Here is a messagethread that I happened across yesterday in Usenet.

I found the info very disconcerting, so I am glad that I came across this thread here, so I could share it with knowledgable individuals who can discern IF it is actually important for the investigation into Leanna's disappearance.

Perhaps y'all already know about this --- but I was concerned that Leanna's father had NOT mentioned this in the Duluth newspaper article, linked to above.

The first posting in the thread linked to below shows that "Jet" Duncan, (his known alias), is shown to be in Crosby, MN in August, 2003.

Duncan Camping in Crosby Minnesota Aug 2003

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.true-crime/browse_thread/thread/d2ef0f21f358fdfc/3bb5eb7becd65a10?q=duncan+jet&rnum=2&hl=en

OMG that is very close, I thought he was down in Florida during that time...

Brainerd was in the area where we found the crazy devil worshipper church that was talking about human sacrifices...

Aunt Blabby
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
The weekend Beaner went missing there was a big Jazz festival in Chisholm. Since Duncan was previously in a Rock band of some sort he may have been interested in any kind of outdoor music festival.
Rocky...I remember reading your posts on Beaner. Also, I lived in Detroit Lakes from 1973 - 1988. We may know each other...........

Rocky
07-08-2005, 01:00 PM
The weekend Beaner went missing there was a big Jazz festival in Chisholm. Since Duncan was previously in a Rock band of some sort he may have been interested in any kind of outdoor music festival.
Rocky...I remember reading your posts on Beaner. Also, I lived in Detroit Lakes from 1973 - 1988. We may know each other...........

I PM'd ya

Rocky
07-08-2005, 01:02 PM
so Duncan confirmed he was within a few hours away when Beaner was kidnapped...

wondering22
07-08-2005, 01:07 PM
OMG that is very close, I thought he was down in Florida during that time...

Brainerd was in the area where we found the crazy devil worshipper church that was talking about human sacrifices...
Hello, Rocky.

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. When I was searching USENET yesterday, I actually was looking for postings about Natalee Holloway. I guess at some point, that I simply started scrolling through the posts on the newsgroup called alt.true-crime.

I too, thought that Chisholm was very close.

You mention Brainerd,MN and ..... "human sacrifices..."

Huh?

I do NOT want to take this thread off topic; however, I've never heard anything like that, whatsoever, about the town of Brainerd. Could you, perchance, in a small paragraph, direct my search efforts about this?

Thank you.

Rocky
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Hello, Rocky.

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. When I was searching USENET yesterday, I actually was looking for postings about Natalee Holloway. I guess at some point, that I simply started scrolling through the posts on the newsgroup called alt.true-crime.

I too, thought that Chisholm was very close.

You mention Brainerd,MN and ..... "human sacrifices..."

Huh?

I do NOT want to take this thread off topic; however, I've never heard anything like that, whatsoever, about the town of Brainerd. Could you, perchance, in a small paragraph, direct my search efforts about this?

Thank you.

a man was seen walking through the neighborhood with a star on his arm, we did some research into it's meaning and found out it is a symbol of someone in authority in a devil cult.

I wanted to know more so started searching out churches in the area, and there was a group based out of a town between brainerd and St Cloud, can't remember the name right now but remember it was in that area...

too many coincidences for it not to be related specially when duncan uses the devil made me do it in some of his posts...

Rocky
07-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I had many visions of beaner being held captive, and the voices kept getting more and more urgent as it approached a special date on the devil cult calendar?

the church is online, but I wonder if the blog has anyone else from the same cult...

wondering22
07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Thank you, Rocky. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about THAT on the news. That is really grim.

Also, I forgot to mention in my first posting that I, of course, have NO idea whether the info from USENET is valid and accurate.

When I read it the first time, however, it made me really cringe, ya know, that creep seemed to get around, ALOT - I can't begin to imagine how he could afford all those hobbies and all that traveling.

Rocky
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Thank you, Rocky. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about THAT on the news. That is really grim.

Also, I forgot to mention in my first posting that I, of course, have NO idea whether the info from USENET is valid and accurate.

When I read it the first time, however, it made me really cringe, ya know, that creep seemed to get around, ALOT - I can't begin to imagine how he could afford all those hobbies and all that traveling.

we have a pedovile up in the Bay area that molested 36,000 children, kept it in a log book...

Aunt Blabby
07-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I remember hearing/reading about the Brainerd thing. Can't recall when it was in the news though. Isn't it interesting that this is the area where Jacob Wetterling disappeared? Duncan wouldn't have been in the area at that time so we can't wonder about him being involved in that.

Steely
07-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Duncan blogged about Beaner and tried to creat an alibi - that he can't back up because he lost receipts.

Read this link - scroll down to Beaner's picture. Very interesting and highly suspicious.

I hope LE looks at Duncan for Beaner's case too.

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/

He says his "Quicken entry" for that day shows he was watching coworkers tandem skydive...and that he bought "depends" garments as a joke and tapes for videotaping? Very disturbing. Depends garments can really soak up a lot of urine...or blood. I hope the police are interviewing all his coworkers to see if any of them were tandem skydivers.

dannyodie
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
He says his "Quicken entry" for that day shows he was watching coworkers tandem skydive...and that he bought "depends" garments as a joke and tapes for videotaping? Very disturbing. Depends garments can really soak up a lot of urine...or blood. I hope the police are interviewing all his coworkers to see if any of them were tandem skydivers.
I certainly find it very much out of the norm for him to think they might suspect him. he lived so far from there. I wonder how far off the interstate that her house was? I wonder if anyone might know how I could go about of getting a article of an item that leann owned? I may be able to help in some way,but really don't want to make much plubicity with it just yet. I wonder if law enforcement would have some way of checking if duncan rented a car on that day? or did he own his own? if so I wonder if it is still available?

wondering22
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
For all those who are interested in the whereabouts of Joseph Duncan at the time of LeeAnna Warner's disappearance, please check out a messagethread in the Groene Forum here at Websleuths where a timeline is being compiled.

KNOWN PLACES DUNCAN HAS BEEN

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25751&page=1&pp=25

wondering22
07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Beaner has been discussed abit on page 1 and 2 of the thread listing all known locations with times/dates of Duncan.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25751&page=1&pp=25

wondering22
07-13-2005, 03:48 PM
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25751&page=5&pp=25

WS THREAD: "Known places Duncan has been"

Crosby, MN
Cowgirl, from your timeline:

8-4-03...Crosby MN--Went skin diving and participated in treasure hunt

Steve at Planet Huff thinks JED3 was also there 6/07/03, the weekend before Beaner disappeared.

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/cat_the_groene_murders_and_kidnapping.html

I've detailed in entries here and here, specifically, that Joseph Duncan really had reasons in his own mind to worry when he discussed in his very first Blogging the Fifth Nail entry the June 14, 2003 disappearance of Leanna "Beaner" Warner from Chisholm, Minnesota. I was able to show that Duncan was in the general vicinity of Chisholm several times that summer, based on his own webpages dedicated to photos taken while scuba-diving. Though there were only 3 webpages of his scuba photos originally, that I know of, he stated that he did over 20 dives. He was possibly as close to Chisholm as Crosby, Minnesota the weekend before Leanna's disappearance --June 7, 2003. A new map of Duncan's movements as depicted by the dive photo pages, more detailed than previous maps I've posted, can be found at the bottom of this entry.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25751&page=5&pp=25

Trino
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
For all you "city folk" out there, you need to understand the Minnesota Iron Range. LA's parents raised their kids in the way that just about every Iron Range family did. It was a time of innocence where kids just went about being kids and weren't supervised like today's kids. In fact, there are a lot of us who were raised like that, yet our parents cared very much for us. In summers we would leave in the a.m., stop by for lunch or snacks, and return for supper. Ages really never mattered; we'd usually hang together, but sometimes a kid would go home alone - no one every worried about it or ever thought about an abduction. Please do not blame LA's parents because you would need to blame everyone's parents.

Personally, I don't think LA will ever be found. The Iron Range has so many remote areas that it's impossible to check out everything. LA could be at the bottom of the many, many acres of extremely deep and isolated ore lakes, under the many, many piles of tailings, on the miles of undeveloped and abandoned lands, or even in the abandoned mines. They could search every day for the next 50 years and still not find her. After a while, life just goes on.

wondering22
07-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Duncan had an encrypted weblog; presumably the FBI will be able to break the key. IF/WHEN this occurs, many posters presume that Duncan kept meticulous records of any crimes he committed. This is explained over in the GROENE FAMILY forum in a messagethread about encryption, and maybe too, in other messagethreads there.

I don't remember the exact words, but Duncan said something to the effect that his ENCRYPTED blog contained the real truth about him --- a bad paraphrase of his words.

It was pretty chilling to read, and I seriously wonder how many crimes he might be responsible for, simply the way he worded it. If I come across his exact words again, I'll post 'em here.

wondering22
07-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Duncan wrote:

Friday, May 13, 2005 I wish I could be more honest about my feelings, but those demons made sure I'd never be able to do that. I might not know if it matters, but just in case, I am working on an encrypted journal that is hundreds of times more frank than this blog could ever be (that's why I keep it encrypted). I figure in 30 years or more we will have the technology to easily crack the encryption (currently very un-crackable, PGP) and then the world will know who I really was, and what I really did, and what I really thought.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25997

dannyodie
07-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Duncan wrote:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25997
I think that is what the numbers tel tales is, It could be a format of the way they are used? I read of those numbers on his blog/fifth nail " which should only be the 4th nail " or jetgazzete, and wasn't there one " panda " or something like that, which ever one it was, there is a entry of what that means? or at least as much as he wants to " tel "

bloo
07-14-2005, 04:14 PM
The PINK BARRACUDA DIVE SHOP sponsors several group dives near Crosby each year.

Jet Duncan actively participated in some of these group dives.

CROSBY - 2004 Treasure Hunt Dive (he also attended the 2003 Treasure Hunt Dive)
http://www.pinkbarracuda.com/photo_gallery/index.htm

PHOTO OF WINNERS of the Treasure Hunt Dive (Jet Duncan on third from right): http://www.pinkbarracuda.com/photo_gallery/2004%20Treasure%20Hunt/images/All%20the%

The PINK BARRACUDA sponsors at least two dives each month in the summertime. Assuming they keep a list of participating divers, they might have a record of Jet Duncan attending a group dive the same weekend that Leanna Warner disappeared.

Maybe someone can check that out?

One thing is certain: Jet Duncan has been to Crosby on more than one occassion.

BirdieBoo
07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I think we're going to hear a lot more about Duncan possibly being responsible for this. He's apparently used his blog to try and establish an alibi that day. Sorry, I don't have a link readily available but more can be seen about this on the Groene forums.

vanillasky
07-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Another search for Chisholm girl

July 19, 2005

CHISHOLM, MINN. -- The family of LeeAnna Warner, who was 5 when she disappeared in June 2003, plans to search again this week for traces of her, and it will have the help of a private investigator who helped crack two other high-profile missing person cases in Minnesota. LeeAnna was last seen near her home in Chisholm on June 14, 2003.

Full story:
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5513423.html

(It's a short article)

Use http://www.bugmenot.com for username / password

wondering22
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Leanne Marie Warner(Beaner) - 5 - missing since 6/14/03

Why is this thread titled the way it is?

First, the given name is: LeeAnna - NOT Leanne

Secondly, were someone to search on google for this thread, under the incorrect first name, Leanne Marie Warner, this thread wouldn't be retrieved in the results, because the surname Warner, has no space before the parentheses containing her nickname, i.e., warner(b....

Juliana
07-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Why is this thread titled the way it is?

First, the given name is: LeeAnna - NOT Leanne

Secondly, were someone to search on google for this thread, under the incorrect first name, Leanne Marie Warner, this thread wouldn't be retrieved in the results, because the surname Warner, has no space before the parentheses containing her nickname, i.e., warner(b....

Why don't you pm a moderator and ask them to correct the name of the thread? I'm sure it was unintentional.

mysteriew
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Leanna Warner's family and a private investigator are will search again this week for traces of the five-year-old Chisholm girl who disappeared more than two years ago near her home.

Private investigator Bob Heales was to arrive in Chisholm Monday afternoon to meet with family members before beginning a week long search, said Chris Warner, Leanna's father.

"He called us and said, 'What do you think, should we search some more'," said Warner of a telephone call from Heales. "We said, 'sure'."

Until talking with Heales, Warner said he didn't know for sure what areas would be searched.

Heales, who helped find the bodies of Dru Sjodin and Erika Dalquist, has helped the Warners before. Heales, who has offices in Minneapolis and Denver and a home in Cross Lake, Minn., has been a private investigator for about 26 years.

Family will conduct the search, which will include bloodhounds owned by Denny Adams of Conde, S.D., Warner said.

FBI investigators have not contacted Warner, but have recently been in Chisholm along with Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension officials, Warner said.

He said information from web sites and e-mails point to Duncan having been in the region around the time of Leanna's disappearance.

"We tentatively have him in the area in Grand Rapids and Crosby during the week Leanna disappeared, but not the day" that she disappeared, Warner said. "He has frequented the area."

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/12163228.htm

wondering22
07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
The Abrams Report

FOX News

HEADS UP: Dan Abrams is doing a segment about LeeAnna Warner.

I don't know if the ABRAMS REPORT will repeat later on tonight; check your listings if you miss it live.

mmohucap
07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Just saw a report on the local news here (Minneapolis) that a new search is going to begin because they think Duncan might have been in the area then...

that's good news compared to the other top headlines about both of the school shootings that happend here!

gine
07-20-2005, 04:29 PM
In this thread at the beginning, it was mentioned that Beaner had been at the "lake" that day with her family. Knowing now that Duncan stalked and spied on the Groene family, what would the chance be that he saw Beaner at the lake, followed them home, found where they lived, set up surveillance and picked her up when opportunity allowed. Just a thought that popped in my mind when I read the previous thread that they had been at the lake that day.

mmohucap
07-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Article in today's Mpls paper about her...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5515513.html

Adams, who also helped in the searches for Sjodin and Dalquist, brought along bloodhounds Molly and Rusty. "Each of them is as good as having 25 people out there," Heales said.

"It's a vast wilderness out there, and there aren't that many of us, so we have to pick and choose the most likely places where someone could stay a day or a few days without being noticed."

misterallgood
07-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi All,

Some of you may not know that I've been a member of this forum for a bit -- been slack posting lately.

Minnesota BCA agent e-mailed me today, and I blogged about it here --

Duncan Not Connected to Warner's Disappearance. (http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/000882.html)

So they've effectively alibi'd Joe Duncan for Leanna's disappearance. However, I do think it's a good thing that there is renewed attention to the case.

The BCA agent said they are still looking into other crimes that may be linked to Duncan, and I've been blogging about those possibilities as well. I didn't post to this thread just to spam for the blog, either -- I felt that since Leanna was being discussed I should go ahead and spread that news a little.

Steve/Mr. A.

concernedperson
07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi All,

Some of you may not know that I've been a member of this forum for a bit -- been slack posting lately.

Minnesota BCA agent e-mailed me today, and I blogged about it here --

Duncan Not Connected to Warner's Disappearance. (http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/000882.html)

So they've effectively alibi'd Joe Duncan for Leanna's disappearance. However, I do think it's a good thing that there is renewed attention to the case.

The BCA agent said they are still looking into other crimes that may be linked to Duncan, and I've been blogging about those possibilities as well. I didn't post to this thread just to spam for the blog, either -- I felt that since Leanna was being discussed I should go ahead and spread that news a little.

Steve/Mr. A.

You keep at it Steve, from your number one fan.We are often wrong but bringing to light these cases makes others take notice. When notice happens then investigative work will be done. That is the job we do even when no one listens.

concernedperson/the prez

wondering22
07-20-2005, 10:13 PM
In this thread at the beginning, it was mentioned that Beaner had been at the "lake" that day with her family. Knowing now that Duncan stalked and spied on the Groene family, what would the chance be that he saw Beaner at the lake, followed them home, found where they lived, set up surveillance and picked her up when opportunity allowed. Just a thought that popped in my mind when I read the previous thread that they had been at the lake that day.
What is the name of the lake?

wondering22
07-20-2005, 10:18 PM
This URL is from the Groene Family Forum, it's an article posted less than an hour ago, stating that JED has been eliminated as a suspect in the disappearance of Beaner.

I still want to learn the name of that lake....

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5517628.html

to access: http://www.bugmenot.com

mysteriew
07-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Heales said the search for Leanna is targeting remote campgrounds north of Chisholm.

"These are some areas we couldn't get to last year," Heales said. "We looked at the most likely routes out of town to a remote area, and everything pointed north to us.

"These are isolated campgrounds. ... If you think about where Dylan (an Idaho boy Duncan is accused of abducting and killing) was found, these are similar areas."

Adams, who also helped in the searches for Sjodin and Dalquist, brought along bloodhounds Molly and Rusty. "Each of them is as good as having 25 people out there," Heales said.

Heales said the searcher had not called for the public's help, in part "because we don't want to wear them out. We may get a lead and then we'd need to call on them."

A key objective in renewing the search "is to get Leanna's picture out there again," he said.

"She could be out there somewhere, alive," he said. "People need to recognize Beaner when she walks into a Denny's restaurant with somebody."
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S9431.html?cat=1

bykerladi
12-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Has there been anything new in this case?

Trino
12-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, I believe this has become another Jacob Wetterling case. I have heard nothing.

Mom who cares
12-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Bumping for Beaner, where are you, little peanut?

scandi
12-31-2005, 03:18 PM
She was a little cupie doll, wasn't she. I remember when Rocky sensed that if she wasn't found soon her light would go out.

We thought there was someone going through town who had come to that blues festival, remember, and had taken her to one of those old vacant buildings.

Where are you Beaner?

Scandi

dragonfly
02-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Steve Huff revisits the Leanne Beaner case.
http://huffcrimeblog.com/

Taking a second look at Joseph Duncan.... I for one was not satisfied with the little information we got about his alibi that day.

Have a look...

Maybe So
02-28-2006, 11:18 PM

I don't think she was at the lake with her family. They think they found her footprint near the lake which was near their home. I believe that bloodhounds picked up her scent there also. I believe it was said by her parents that she would go there sometimes to ride her bike.

They attempted to drain half of the lake but it got too cold before they could finish the attempt. They did search exposed shoreline when the lake was partially drained and found nothing.

Beaner would now be 8 years old and of course look older than her missing posters.

Hammerized
03-01-2006, 02:10 AM
I don't think she was at the lake with her family.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0306/23/ltm.09.html

KAGAN: Kaelin, let me bring you in here. Take to us the day of June 14 and the last time someone saw Leanna.

KAELIN WARNER, LEANNA'S MOTHER: She had a wonderful day at the lake, playing, laughing. Just energetic, as she always is. And we came home and she was tired but the wanted to go see her friend real quick, just like she does everyday. And that was the last time we saw her in this nightmare began.

Maybe So
03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0306/23/ltm.09.html

ah, I didn't remember that part.

If she was at the lake with her family then I am not sure why they found it significant that a footprint was found there or that bloodhounds scented her there. Seems like footprints and scent would be explained by them spending the day there???

Do you know was the lake she went to with her family that day the same lake as the lake that is right near their house where they found the footprint?

I wonder if she could have had such a good time at the lake that she decided to go back on her own and look for friends and ran into someone else instead?

strach304
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Such an adorable little girl what a tragedy. :mad:

Maybe So
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
On the news last night I heard of a man in Minnesota who was caught having conversations on the internet about young girls and boys. He mentioned knowing a location where he felt he could hide bodies.

They don't know if he actually was doing anything or if he was just posting fantasies.

He bragged that he thought he could get access to at least 6 young girls.

I don't know how "young" these children were (teens or small children).

He was communicating this information to another person in another state.

I can't seem to find anything, anywhere online about this guys arrest. It was on our local news last night. They said he was released on $30,000. bond.

Hope they take a good look at him in the Warner and Wetterling cases.

Maybe So
03-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Ah, finally found the story.

I hadn't heard about this before last night. I think this is big....even though it appears that the Hibbing man was the one on the recieving end of a lot of the worst stuff from the other man involved who is in Kansas.

http://www.virginiamn.com/mdn/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=205746

Socks
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
:( ...Beaner..

Rocky
03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Newman’s next court appearance is scheduled for March 17.

any recent updates on this guy?

Rocky
03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm curious did any news people ever ask the candidate running for congress in Minnesota (proclaiming he is a Satan Worshipper) if he knew where little beaner is?

Mom who cares
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Any news on Newman's court appearance?

Mom who cares
04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Bump

Happy Easter Peanut, wherever you are!

scandi
04-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Beaner. She definately had a light beaming from her. She reminded me so much of Samantha. God bless every little girl and boy who has been taken away from us all like this. I hope what these predators do haunts them every day of rest of their lives, although somehow I don't think they even care.

Scandi

wondering22
05-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Bump

Happy Easter Peanut, wherever you are!

I'm bumping this thread, it will soon be the 3 year anniversary of the dreadful day this sweet angel apparently vanished into thin air. Three years. How sad.

wondering22
05-12-2006, 09:58 PM

It's almost three years, and still no news of this precious child. How sad.

Here's a cut & paste from a different thread about little Beaner:

Leanna Warner

Nickname: Beaner
Date Missing: 6/14/03
Missing From: Chisholm, MN
DOB: 1/21/98
Age at Disappearance: 5 years
Sex: Female
Race: Caucasian
Height: 3'
Weight: 50 lbs.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Brown, short bob.
Last Seen Wearing: A blue sleeveless denim dress and barefoot.
Other: Leanna has a wart on her left ankle and a dimple on her left shoulder.

Circumstances: Leanna was last seen at her home in Chisholm, Minnesota at 5 p.m. on June 14, 2003. She was going to walk to a friends house around the block from her home and has not been seen or heard from since. LEANNA IS CONSIDERED TO BE ENDANGERED. Leanna's website A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction in the abduction of Leanna Warner. Leanna's photo is shown age-progressed to 7 years by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

If you have information concerning this case, please contact:
Chisholm Police Department (218) 749-6010
or The Polly Klaas® Foundation (800) 587-4357

http://www.findbeaner.org/

Bobbisangel
05-13-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm bumping this thread, it will soon be the 3 year anniversary of the dreadful day this sweet angel apparently vanished into thin air. Three years. How sad.

I was just looking at the pictures of this little girl on the Missing Children website and the first picture of her really bothers me. She has on a blue top or dress and her hair is short. It's her eyes that bother me. They look so sad and empty. Like something is not right in her little life. The other picture of her when she must have been maybe a year younger is totally different. He eyes are smiling and she looks really happy. Has anyone else noticed that picture?

narlacat
05-13-2006, 02:26 AM
So, a 5 year old was allowed to walk from her home to someone else's home, a block away (is that what 'round the block' means?) by herself??
I find it incredulous that people let their kids roam the streets by themselves.
It reminds me of the three Beaumont children who went to the beach by themselves and were never heard of again.

wondering22
05-13-2006, 10:21 AM
So, a 5 year old was allowed to walk from her home to someone else's home, a block away (is that what 'round the block' means?) by herself??
I find it incredulous that people let their kids roam the streets by themselves.
It reminds me of the three Beaumont children who went to the beach by themselves and were never heard of again.

Hi, the way I remember it, is that the family spent several hours at the beach, and when they came home, Leeanna wanted to see her friend who she played with everyday. Her friend lived a few houses away, just around the corner --- so, no, not a block away, but just a few houses away.

If we could transport you from Australia to the many tiny rural towns of an economically depressed northern Minnesota... where in some respects, it seems that time has stood still for many decades... then you might understand why many small children are permitted to travel such distances by themselves.

Even in larger American cities, I've seen four, five, and six year olds permitted to visit houses of friends "down the block" unaccompanied by any adult.

However, there are also plenty of Americans who'd never permit that until the child was at least 8 years of age.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the public at large really has any idea how potentially downright dangerous it is out there for youngsters.

wondering22
05-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I was just looking at the pictures of this little girl on the Missing Children website and the first picture of her really bothers me. She has on a blue top or dress and her hair is short. It's her eyes that bother me. They look so sad and empty. Like something is not right in her little life. The other picture of her when she must have been maybe a year younger is totally different. He eyes are smiling and she looks really happy. Has anyone else noticed that picture?

I am certain that the photograph you're referring to is from video footage of Leeanna and in the actual video itself, Beaner doesn't appear to be either sad, empty or depressed. She's a little sweetie, and I hope you have a chance to see it sometime.

cheko1
05-13-2006, 12:50 PM
It would be a miracle if the family could put some closure on this case.

Her tiny little smiling face was on the news here for a long time, to no avail. It is very sad for the community. She vanished without a trace.....

narlacat
05-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi, the way I remember it, is that the family spent several hours at the beach, and when they came home, Leeanna wanted to see her friend who she played with everyday. Her friend lived a few houses away, just around the corner --- so, no, not a block away, but just a few houses away.

If we could transport you from Australia to the many tiny rural towns of an economically depressed northern Minnesota... where in some respects, it seems that time has stood still for many decades... then you might understand why many small children are permitted to travel such distances by themselves.

Even in larger American cities, I've seen four, five, and six year olds permitted to visit houses of friends "down the block" unaccompanied by any adult.

However, there are also plenty of Americans who'd never permit that until the child was at least 8 years of age.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the public at large really has any idea how potentially downright dangerous it is out there for youngsters.Hi wondering
I was going to ask how big the town would have been in Minnesota....I thought it might have been a small rural town, without googling...
I just don't understand some parents.
Where I live in Australia, we have attempted abductions happen more and more often lately...and it never ceases to amaze me when I see little kiddies walking or riding their bikes by themselves. It's like their parents just don't care or don't watch the news, one or the other....

It must be absolutely heartbreaking for the parents of missing children and my prayers are with these families, LeeAnna's included.

wondering22
05-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I just don't understand... It's like [they] just don't care or don't watch the news, one or the other....

Hi, narlacat...

I think it's much more pervasive than just the situation with parents not knowing where their kids every single minute 24/7.

It seems that we humans are hardwired with some strange psychological trait which translated into action equals something along the lines of, "Oh, don't be silly, that can never happen to ME, to US..."

I found it utterly confounding that so many people stayed in New Orleans during Katrina, and I became enraged when I realized how many people were in attics, WITHOUT FOOD OR WATER and none of the attics had an axe.

When I started ranting and raving that City Code for NOLA should have insisted by strict law that EVERY single attic be equipped with an axe and a minimum week's supply of water --- well, my mate simply hushed me up and repeated again & again & again, "NOBODY believes it will happen to 'them,' absolutely NOBODY."

Until one month ago, I knew absolutely nobody who is prepared to shelter in place for a couple weeks incase of natural disaster or terror attack or avian influenza. NOONE else, and now I know of ONE other family.

And that's it.

WHY?

Well, WHY prepare - that's "paranoid," right, that's "overreacting," we all know that something like THAT can't happen here, .... right?

Anyway, when I do happen to see unaccompanied youngsters, I stick around unobtrusively until I see a parent re-unite with the youngster ---- happens really frequently, particularly in grocery stores.

And will continue to happen ALL of the time, cuz most people have a basically trusting naive outlook upon life in general.

wondering22
05-13-2006, 06:52 PM

Much love to you, Lanie
Help For The Missing

I've seen the parents on local TV many times, and they are totally convincing, a sweet young couple who are utterly unpretentious and have always seemed totally forthcoming.

At the time that Shasta Groene was finally located, Leeanna's parents were frequently on TV in the USA, because everyone wondered if her abductor was responsible for the disappearance of Beaner.

I personally remain very suspicious of Joseph Duncan who wrote in his online blog that he was afraid that he'd be accused of her disappearance.

I know that LEOs have examined JED's alibi and decided he couldn't be implicated..... but that man simply gives me the creeps, and I will always wonder about him... I'd like to know more about exactly how his alibi checked out, and if the individuals vouching for his location can actually be trusted.....

I'm very suspicious.

narlacat
05-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi wondering

<<Anyway, when I do happen to see unaccompanied youngsters, I stick around unobtrusively until I see a parent re-unite with the youngster ---- happens really frequently, particularly in grocery stores>>

I do too lol.
I watch the kids wander all through the store by themselves....and wait until I see them re unite with their parents before taking my eye off them.
I can't help it, I can't bring myself to walk away until I know they are with an adult and are safe.

<<cuz most people have a basically trusting naive outlook upon life in general.>>

I think you might be right, there's really no other explaination.
We think it can't happen to us.

Trino
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I, too, am from MN. The Iron Range cities are a different breed - pretty much retroactive to the 1950's, when kids could freely roam around. If you understood the area at the time, I don't think you would blame the parents so much.

All of MN is not the same. In the TC kids definitely should not walk a block unsupervised, but northern MN (until this incident) had always been considered a safe place to live and raise a family. And, I'm guessing that before L disappeared, every family allowed their kids outside unsupervised.