Pages : [1] 2

mssheila
11-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Continue here......

mssheila
11-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Latest article that I could find:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307903,00.html

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — Volunteers on Saturday scoured a forest preserve for signs of Stacey Peterson, a missing mother of two.
The area on which searchers were focusing was near the home of Peterson, 23, who was reported missing Monday, and in the same vicinity as a retention pond where divers looked on Friday.
Drew Peterson, her husband, said he last spoke to her Sunday night.

mssheila
11-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I wonder if the tub that has been widely talked about- the one DP allegedly asked a neighbor to help him move, is the same one I heard so much about the police moving. I remember Greta saying that it took two large male officers to move it. I wonder if that was somehow misconstrued and it turned into DP and someone else moving it.

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 03:37 PM
In thread 1 Chicoliving posted that Fox is saying that on Sunday Drew had a friend come to help him move a big plastic container. Chico, do they have a link up yet?

mssheila
11-03-2007, 03:39 PM
In thread 1 Chicoliving posted that Fox is saying that on Sunday Drew had a friend come to help him move a big plastic container. Chico, do they have a link up yet?

Gotta take a break for real life. BBL if there is news.

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 03:54 PM
In thread 1 Chicoliving posted that Fox is saying that on Sunday Drew had a friend come to help him move a big plastic container. Chico, do they have a link up yet?Oh, that is disturbing! I wonder which friend? Hmmmm...interesting.

dee10134
11-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I thought someone said it was the same "friend"/neighbor they were interviewing when the police were searching the house!

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought someone said it was the same "friend"/neighbor they were interviewing when the police were searching the house!Then it would be his best friend, Ricky. : )

dee10134
11-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Then it would be his best friend, Ricky. : )

Aw jeeze.... :bang:

nanandjim
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I thought someone said it was the same "friend"/neighbor they were interviewing when the police were searching the house!
Is that the guy that was on the news stating what a great guy Drew was and that he would never harm his wife and that he has known him for 20 years. If he helped him move a large container, I wonder how they discovered this. You mean to tell you that you wouldn't ask what was in the container or put two and two together as soon as you heard the wife was missing. Right...uh...huh... :rolleyes:

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Bruce was also saying what a great guy Drew is. What does Drew have on them?!

concernedperson
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Is that the guy that was on the news stating what a great guy Drew was and that he would never harm his wife and that he has known him for 20 years. If he helped him move a large container, I wonder how they discovered this. You mean to tell you that you wouldn't ask what was in the container or put two and two together as soon as you heard the wife was missing. Right...uh...huh... :rolleyes:

Maybe this guy is the one who helped Drew with two cars?

chicoliving
11-03-2007, 04:34 PM

No link on Fox News yet about this friend helping move the large container.

chicoliving
11-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Update: Friends and volunteers searching for missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson in a Naperville park called off their search today about 2:30 p.m. but plan to resume at the same location tomorrow.

The sister of missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson joined friends and volunteers on Saturday to search Knock Knolls Park in Naperville for any trace of the woman reported missing to Illinois State Police on Oct. 29th.

"I'm just worried about my sister," Cassandra Cales said, pausing for a moment as the group searched the park. "We're going to get to the bottom of this."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-071103missing-wife,0,5822426.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 04:50 PM
"She told me Friday night she feared for her life," Cales said. Cales also said her sister had planned to meet with a divorce attorney Monday.

Cales, who said her sister was not having an affair as Drew Peterson suggested, said he was so suspicious and so wanted to control his wife that he did not want her spending time with her family.

"My other sister was on her death bed and he wanted her (Stacy) home," Cales said.

Cales said she hoped the search would turn up some information about her sister's whereabouts. She said she had heard one of the things police were looking for was a journal that her sister kept and that the journal, in which she said her sister apparently documented her marital troubles, might offer some clues.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14500369/detail.html

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
http://imgsrv.wbbm780.com/image/DbGraphic/200711/764651.jpgDrew Peterson
http://www.wbbm780.com/Bolingbrook-Cop-Denies-Involvement-In-Wife-s-Disap/1161484

I just wanted to remind everyone of his face since he wants to remain, "anonymous" with his disguises now. (Perhaps he is worried he won't be able to attract another young girl in the future if she recognizes him...or maybe he doesn't want a young girl he has been seeing to recognize him now.)

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.wbbm780.com/Bolingbrook-Cop-Denies-Involvement-In-Wife-s-Disap/1161484

I just wanted to remind everyone of his face since he wants to remain, "anonymous" with his disguises now. (Perhaps he is worried he won't be able to attract another young girl in the future if she recognizes him...or maybe he doesn't want a young girl he has been seeing to recognize him now.)

LOL, SS great idea!

I think maybe he isn't sure if he was seen on Sunday and wants to hide his face to keep any potential witnesses from speaking up about where he was seen or what he was doing.

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 05:36 PM
LOL, SS great idea!

I think maybe he isn't sure if he was seen on Sunday and wants to hide his face to keep any potential witnesses from speaking up about where he was seen or what he was doing.You could very well be right since he would know his face would be "fresh" on their minds. : )

I think on any flyers or posters they put out...it should have the photo of them together! This way it doesn't implicate him exactly and people could see his face, too.

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Another great idea!

TGIRecovered
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
I have a couple of ideas regarding the way Drew has been trying to hide his face.

The only time I am aware of that he did this was couple of days ago when Greta was first filming outside his home. They had footage of him walking outside with an American flag patterned bandana tied "bandit-style" covering his face below the eyes, and he was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap. He looked very ridiculous.

He could be trying to hide the fact that he is changing the way he grows his facial hair, which it think would be an obvious precurser to a run for the Mexican border, but he could have other reasons too. It has been reported that he has a drinking problem and possibly prescription drug abuse too. Hiding the eyes with sunglasses probably helps him feel more comfortable in case he is stoned, drunk or hung-over, also harder to tell when, uh, I mean if he is lying. :liar:

When I used to drink:blushing: , I was always very self-concious about my breath. I would stand back from anyone I was having a conversation with , or hold my breath and turn my face to the side if anyone hugged me. It probably didn't do any good, but it made me feel better. Drew is in a really bad spot right now and I doubt a person with a drinking problem could sucessfully refrain from drowning his misery for long. Maybe he thinks the bandana will help hide his alcohol breath.

Susan

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Besides...she would absolutely HATE the picture they are using in the media!!! She was a beautiful girl and even the talking head on tv last night was chastised because he mentioned it made her look like the runaway bride!! (It does)

TGIRecovered
11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Besides...she would absolutely HATE the picture they are using in the media!!! She was a beautiful girl and even the talking head on tv last night was chastised because he mentioned it made her look like the runaway bride!! (It does)

Isn't that the truth! The first time I saw a different pic of her she looked like the "pretty sister of the missing girl" until I realized it was actually was the missing girl!

Susan

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I am not going to repost your whole comment, TGI (for space reasons just read above a couple of posts!)...you might be onto something tho. Perhaps he doesn't want them to be able to "read" him.

I know many in LE who do drink. This could be an issue with him and yet we haven't heard about such yet. However, it seems like it would have been mentioned previously in wife #3's letters or with family members of Stacey if this had been a problem. So far, no one has said he is or was a drinker or even alluded to it.

You and I both know that people would be all over that. Alcoholic cop who rages while in drunken states. This seems to be an abuser without the need to be in an altered state.

MysteryAddict
11-03-2007, 06:09 PM
One question about Bruce-

Did I misunderstand- or is Bruce the bf of Stacey's sister whose place Stacey was supposed to be heading to in order to help with painting?

I was unimpressed with his interview (thought him to be a bit shifty looking).

That's just my humble opinion.

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Did I misunderstand- or is Bruce the bf of Stacey's sister whose place Stacey was supposed to be heading to in order to help with painting?

That's just my humble opinion.The only thing I have heard about him being her boyfriend is from media...which I don't think it is true. I think he is just a friend from what I heard of her interviews.

I was unimpressed myself. Now given he could be nervous in front of the cameras...he was looking very "shifty" as you say. I just didn't "feel" he was being forthcoming and was holding back.

haypaula
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM

He's hiding his face for a reason; either because he was seeing someone as you suggest, or because he fears someone might have seen him somewhere he doesn't want known.

I think Kathleen's body might be exhumed, and Drew might very well be charged with her murder too. The ME might also come under scrutiny for his ruling of "accidental death".

What's with these Peterson guys? :eek:

chicoliving
11-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Tim Miller of Equusearch is on the phone on Fox News....the sister called him and asked for their help in searching for Stacy.

Littledeer
11-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Just a couple of thoughts here from reading the last hour (catching up):

DP brought up Jamaica: I enlarged the picture of DP and Stacey and the kids on their cruise, and it appears to me that those are frongs on the trees. Possibly they went to Jamaica, hence DP having to come up with something quickly..........says Jamaica. (Also, my daughter and her girls went to the Dominic Repulic and they all had to have passports and this was 2 years ago). I brought the passports up because I beleive SS said it wasn't needed until 08. That is true for ALL outside traveling including to Canada. (by car)

This one is definately off the wall, but what if DP had called Stebic........like hey man I'm a police officer I've got it covered but have I missed anything??? I was totally shocked that they lived so closed together. (You think as a cop DP didn't know about Stebic) ?? Oh, he did.

Bruce needs to be intensely interogated by the police. In fact, someone should ask if he would be willing to take a lie detector test.

JMHO

Littledeer
11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Oops,

Last thought..................

Has anyone else other than me look at the picture of DP that SS put up and think.............

COWARDLY LION???????????????

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Tim Miller of Equusearch is on the phone on Fox News....the sister called him and asked for their help in searching for Stacy.

Best move she could have made.

But I still have my doubts about them finding her local.

Littledeer
11-03-2007, 06:46 PM
YES YES YES

Get Equisearch there!!! Go Tim and Crew!!!!!

Littledeer
11-03-2007, 06:54 PM
myster:

You think DP took Stacey away in the plane somewhere as you think she is not in a local place????

concernedperson
11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Best move she could have made.

But I still have my doubts about them finding her local.

I am wondering if they need to talk with the neighbor seen helping carry out the container more thoroughly. If Drew seemed out of breath at 11:30 PM when Stacey's sister called that is a good sign he was doing some heavy lifting or burying. The vehicles were back at the house at 2:30 AM so that is 3hours. What area could he have been in and back home in that timeframe?

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I think he is a police officer and I think he would know that to dump her close to home would make it too easy to id her if she gets found. I think he would take her out of the area and I think he had time to do it- by either plane or car.

His plane was a two seater if the link that was shown here is accurate. And at some point Sun. both of the cars they owned were missing. Yeah, I lean toward the plane- either his or a borrowed one. Since he was actively flying, he most likely had friends in the flying community. But as far as we know, no one has spoken out about lending or renting a plane to him though.

golfmom
11-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I was unimpressed myself. Now given he could be nervous in front of the cameras...he was looking very "shifty" as you say. I just didn't "feel" he was being forthcoming and was holding back.

Based on Cassandra's interview where she said that one of the boys said something to her that she wasn't going to share ... I think that Bruce does know more and isn't comfortable giving interviews and keeping things confidential that investigators have asked them to keep private.

SuziQ
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Drew's bandana get-up is so off the wall. I bet LE had a hard time keeping a straight face when they saw it. I wonder if they asked him why he's wearing it, and what his answer was.

The "friend" involvement would certainly go a long ways to explain how two cars are driven at one time. Ricky seems unsavory, IMO. Kinda reminds me of a drug dealer or maybe he's a narc. He's one of those people that always looks like they need a shower. Slimy.

It also seems to me that Drew is changing the story to fit the investigators questions. Chris Vaughn did the same thing.

nanandjim
11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
He's hiding his face for a reason; either because he was seeing someone as your suggest, or because he fears someone might have seen him somewhere he doesn't want known.

I think Kathleen's body might be exhumed, and Drew might very well be charged with her murder too. The ME might also come under scrutiny for his ruling of "accidental death".

What's with these Peterson guys? :eek:
If Kathleen is the 3rd wife, I heard on the news that she had been (conveniently) cremated. Dr. Baden said that there is no way that her death was an accident!

TGIRecovered
11-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for correcting me SS, I was sure I had read the drinking/drug thing in the comments being made by the locals on news sites but I realize now I had him confused with another cop in the news.

"Protection Order Filed Against Former Chief of Police"
http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,62590

The wife in that case is dead now. No arrest yet even with statement from his daughter who witnessed it. There is a thread on this here at WS.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55587&highlight=Cletus

Please disregard my referance to Drew being the one who has a drinking problem. Don't want to add any false info...he is in deep enough as it is!

Susan

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
No problem, Susan! If he had been "one of those" we would be all over it. I just don't think that what has come out in the press dictates he was is all.

However, do I think this guy has some mental issues. Yes...absolutely! Do I think they could result in issues about his wives? Absolutely. His past history so far isn't good. I think we could find out so much more about his psychology if we find the other two wives.

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Based on Cassandra's interview where she said that one of the boys said something to her that she wasn't going to share ... I think that Bruce does know more and isn't comfortable giving interviews and keeping things confidential that investigators have asked them to keep private.Could be. However, he was supposed to be the one last seen with her...only his word says he was not. It was common knowledge she was going to that house to meet him and paint...with her sister which did not happen because she did not go.

Bruce should figure into this scenario until LE totally rules him out.

arielilane
11-03-2007, 09:28 PM

I just wanted to remind everyone of his face since he wants to remain, "anonymous" with his disguises now. (Perhaps he is worried he won't be able to attract another young girl in the future if she recognizes him...or maybe he doesn't want a young girl he has been seeing to recognize him now.)Exactly, SS. He needs to be stopped!

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Too bad America wasn't alerted when wife #3 died under such mysterious circumstances. Too bad this man has not been in jail all this time instead of being able to have this wonderful wife and family. Makes me angry!

SuziQ
11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Could be. However, he was supposed to be the one last seen with her...only his word says he was not. It was common knowledge she was going to that house to meet him and paint...with her sister which did not happen because she did not go.

Bruce should figure into this scenario until LE totally rules him out.

I certainly agree with that.

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 10:22 PM
I have to believe they are all over this in every aspect. I think we are going to find much more about this case eventually. This is one time I don't mind them not using the public or media to get answers. I feel the answers are coming from within the PD and beyond. (Not that we aren't already getting those answers and forcing them to look!)

mysteriew
11-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Giving up hope that missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson is alive, her family and friends are now focused on finding information to help with the investigation into her disappearance.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-071103missing-wife,0,5822426.story?coll=chi_news_opinion_ugc

Website for Stacy Peterson
http://www.findstacypeterson.com/

SeriouslySearching
11-03-2007, 11:22 PM
I applaud the family. They are realistic and have their aim set correctly...however...sadly. I find too many families in the same position do not want to ever set that "tone" for the investigation, but this family knows. When you have that inner feeling and you have the words of the person who is missing only a day after she spoke them...you have most likely a homicide. LE needs to look for such!

Did I hear something about Tim Miller and Equusearch?! Great!

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 12:14 AM
This makes me angry:

Authorities were not performing any searches on Saturday after divers spent Thursday and Friday dragging a 5-acre pond at Bolingbrook's Clow International Airport, just blocks from the Peterson home. Drew Peterson, who is licensed to fly a plane, said he found his wife's car in Clow's parking lot Monday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-071103missing-wife,0,5822426.story?coll=chi_news_opinion_ugc

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I can see DP and Craig Stebic giving high fives. I think that DP thought he learned alot from Craig...except he did not count on the family and the calls to them the day before. I just wait for Craig to mess up so we can find Lisa and I believe we will find Stacey due to DP messing up.

I want to find them both and bring them home for their children to bury. How sad is that?

philamena
11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Then it would be his best friend, Ricky. : )

Would that be the same guy who was on Greta Friday night?
The guy who swears his friend is innocent?:loser:

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Would that be the same guy who was on Greta Friday night?
The guy who swears his friend is innocent?:loser:Yes...

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Hey all..if anyone is in the Chicago area and can make flyers the family needs them for 8AM in the morning..there is noting open here and they are expecting lots of people for the search.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 01:08 AM
OH, GREAT! Wait until everyone with that ability goes to bed! LOL

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Are you talking about Bruce or Rick..Rick is the twichy one that is friends with Drew..

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:18 AM
OH, GREAT! Wait until everyone with that ability goes to bed! LOL
yeah I have great timing

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Sharron who lives next door said that Rick met Drew when Drew arrested him. Rick said Drew taught him to go straight. FYI Bruce is Casandra's roommate not boyfriend

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Sharron who lives next door said that Rick met Drew when Drew arrested him. Rick said Drew taught him to go straight. FYI Bruce is Casandra's roommate not boyfriend Oh now see we are getting somewhere. LOL

I thought there must be a trail of denial of friendship or people they all knew. Talk more to Bruce!

OnTHEotherHAND...
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Drew Peterson- Will County Illinois
Sam Parker - Walker County GA

Both Sergents with City Police Dept. DP 29 yrs SP 26 yrs

Both men missing wives, vanished into thin air. Both men claim their wives are “where they want to be” and infer another lover was somehow responsible.

Both men claim to be victims of a media circus.

Both men were being sued for divorce.

Both men had histories of DV.

Both men had friends that publicly supported them on national news.

Both men have cooperated with the investigators.

DP on 4th marriage- SP on 3rd marriage

Both men’s missing wives had told close relatives they feared for their lives.

Both wives took only purse and cell phone.

Both cases have had outraged communities that turned out to help search.

It goes on and on..... OTOH

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:32 AM
interesting facts there. OTOH..nice catch..

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 01:33 AM

Both men missing wives, vanished into thin air. Both men claim their wives are “where they want to be” and infer another lover was somehow responsible.

It goes on and on..... OTOHAnd add that to the list...OMG! This is a case I haven't seen, but it does sound like you have compared them both to almost the max.

No one has proclaimed his innocence besides himself, but this does give reason to think about both.

Taximom
11-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Nice summary, OTOH.

I heard a reporter say "dead wives club" tonight regarding this case... Sad, but true.

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:43 AM
SS meet me in chat your box is full again and anyone else that wants to join in..

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html
websleuths in channel and your screen name in top one

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 01:45 AM
OH YES!! Chat here I come!

Taximom
11-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm pretty sure all the children are being taken care of. The older children he had with K Savio (3rd wife) are with his 26 yr old son. That honestly scares me a little, frankly.

Did he come back from his motorcycle ride?

SuziQ
11-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Sharron who lives next door said that Rick met Drew when Drew arrested him. Rick said Drew taught him to go straight. FYI Bruce is Casandra's roommate not boyfriend

I knew there was something slimy about Rick!

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 04:05 AM
he did without the motorcycle..and one of the kids are staying with a freind on the block

Mygirlsadie
11-04-2007, 04:09 AM
God just looking at the link reminds me so much of when Laci Peterson was missing..it's just weird. I have a really good friend who lives in Bolingbrook I should call her and see what she has to say.. people who live in the community usually have a diff. vibe then people watching it unfold on tv so I wonder if they are thinking what we are all thinking?! Whoever is the one who called him the cowardly lion..you got that right!!! :D

Giving up hope that missing Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson is alive, her family and friends are now focused on finding information to help with the investigation into her disappearance.

Website for Stacy Peterson

arielilane
11-04-2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4821566&version=9&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

arielilane
11-04-2007, 07:02 AM
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=50297

arielilane
11-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Oops,

Last thought..................

Has anyone else other than me look at the picture of DP that SS put up and think.............

COWARDLY LION???????????????
Ding! It's a match. :)

arielilane
11-04-2007, 07:12 AM

http://img276.rockyou.com/photofx/18/18278/18278374/18278374_0205c39e1194175411.jpg (http://www.rockyou.com/photofx/view.php?instanceid=18278374)

arielilane
11-04-2007, 07:13 AM

http://img350.rockyou.com/photofx/18/18278/18278034/18278034_975eadbc1194174585.jpg (http://www.rockyou.com/photofx/view.php?instanceid=18278034)

golfmom
11-04-2007, 08:10 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/634423,6_1_NA04_PETERSON_S2.article

"I have been arguing quite a bit with my husband," Stacy wrote in an e-mail to family friend Steve Cesare 10 days before she disappeared.

"As I mature with age I am finding that the relationship I am in is controlling, manipulative and somewhat abusive," she wrote in the Oct. 17 e-mail. "Tomorrow is our four-year anniversary and I'm not as excited as the years that have passed.

"If you could keep me in your prayers I could use some wisdom, protection and strength."

Drew Peterson made it easy for Cesare to keep his distance because Stacy's husband limited her phone use.

"Don't worry about calling my cell anymore, or the house phone. I have talked with Drew, so no worries," Stacy wrote in an e-mail to Cesare.

"I tried to arrange to drive Stacy to see her sister," he said. "We were going to go for the day and would be back that night but her husband wouldn't let her go with me.

"It didn't make sense because we were going to see her sister and he wouldn't let her go."

golfmom
11-04-2007, 08:11 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/634438,6_1_NA04_PETERSON_S3.article

But by October 1982 that marriage must have dissolved, because that's when Peterson married his second wife, Victoria Rutkiewicz, Will County court records show.

dee10134
11-04-2007, 10:04 AM

That's just my humble opinion.

From what I know, Bruce's last name is Zidarich. Does anyone know his age? I have a friend of a friend that also has the same last name. I'm curious if they're related or not.

dee10134
11-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I am wondering if they need to talk with the neighbor seen helping carry out the container more thoroughly. If Drew seemed out of breath at 11:30 PM when Stacey's sister called that is a good sign he was doing some heavy lifting or burying. The vehicles were back at the house at 2:30 AM so that is 3hours. What area could he have been in and back home in that timeframe?

Let's see.... He'd have about an hour or an hour and a half each way to have a round trip. That would put him up near Waukegan from the north, Rockford to the west, Kankakee to the south, and Indiana to the east.

If he drove 3 hours each way, he'd be in Iowa to the west, mid-state to the south, mid-Indiana to the east, and Milwaukee to the north.

These are just estimates from my experience traveling throughout Illinois.

dee10134
11-04-2007, 10:17 AM

It goes on and on..... OTOH

Some discrepancies between the two cases:

DP wasn't yet being sued for divorce.

Also, DP claims Stacey took her purse, cell phone, $25,000 cash, her bikini, some clothes, and the deed to the house.

dee10134
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
God just looking at the link reminds me so much of when Laci Peterson was missing..it's just weird. I have a really good friend who lives in Bolingbrook I should call her and see what she has to say.. people who live in the community usually have a diff. vibe then people watching it unfold on tv so I wonder if they are thinking what we are all thinking?! Whoever is the one who called him the cowardly lion..you got that right!!! :D

I live less than 2 miles from Bolingbrook in an unincorporated area. The community here is OUTRAGED at such a tragedy. It's not just people in Bolingbrook but the entire Chicago Metropolitan area. Stacey Peterson's case is headline news here. It's on every local TV news channel, on the front page of most of the major newspapers. Everyone's talking about it.

I know one thing, DP isn't safe going out places in the area. I've heard comments by some people that if they saw him they'd "give him a piece of their mind." That could explain the disguise. Maybe he's fearful of someone recognizing him and "giving him a piece of their mind." LOL

With her face plastered all over the media, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone finds her. Hopefully, they find her ALIVE and not dead in some park, forest preserve, or cornfield.......

Littledeer
11-04-2007, 10:25 AM
In the protection order by Kathleen against Drew, two items I noted. One it appears that Kathleen also attended Joliet Junior College as did Stacey as that is one of the places that DP was not allowed to go near as ordered by the Judge.

Also, jewelry was mentioned several times as items that Kathleen did not want DP to obtain/take. We have been wondering where DP has gotten his money from, along with insurance policy (policies), possibly he did get all of Kathleen's jewelry and pawn them off????

Littledeer
11-04-2007, 10:27 AM
ariel:

DING DING!

Littledeer
11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
The comparison between DP and SP is eeringly close!!!!

However, DP is not 29 years old. I beleive he is 53?

haypaula
11-04-2007, 10:31 AM
If Kathleen is the 3rd wife, I heard on the news that she had been (conveniently) cremated. Dr. Baden said that there is no way that her death was an accident!

Convenient indeed! I wonder what her family thought about the cremation, and if it was in line with Kathleen's wishes/beliefs? ITA with Dr Baden. IIRC, she even had injuries which were apparently discounted. Drew, being a LE sergeant might have cast a different shadow on the investigation, including the ME's findings.

Given the disappearance of Stacey and the same fears and complaints of abuse, Kathleen's family might reopen the case, especially re the ME's findings, and if Stacey's body is ever found, he might also be tried for Kathleen's death. DP might even get the DP if they don't abolish it.

IMO

auntjomoma
11-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Littledeer wrote:

However, DP is not 29 years old. I beleive he is 53?

Actually the 29 years is the number of years on the police force as with Sam parker it was 26 yrs. on the force.
Sam Parker is also in his 50s.
The similarities between the two cases is very eerie. The families responses,concerning the controlling nature of the relationship in comparison to domestic violence issues in the Theresa Parker disappearance.
I am absolutely shocked that either of the two DP or SP were able to keep their badges with such questionable characters.
I pray that finding Stacy does not turn out to be as drawn out as it has with Theresa.
I am just outraged, and the fact that Peterson was a month away from retirement, in my opinion with his questionable past he should have been gone years ago.
I did read that DP and wife #2 had 3 homes and a buisiness together.I think the buisness was disolved and at least 1 of the homes sold. There was some questions earlier as to where all his money came from, on a cops salary, it appeared he was living the high life. The more information that comes out about this case , the more questions arise.

Truthful Lies
11-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Stacey's up-close photograph doesn't really look like her other photos...she might be one of those people that look different in each photograph (like me..some think I look like an entirely different person depending on the photo) If she is hurt or being held somewhere, I'm wondering if he is counting on this and has changed something in her appearance to delay her being found. Granted, he can't get rid of some distinguishing features (like her tattoo, without significant dermal damage), but he could hide it.

TGIRecovered
11-04-2007, 12:07 PM
If DP was wearing that obnoxious bandana in order to keep from being recognized around town how stupid could he be? Hey, see that weird guy with the bandana over his face? Gee, I wonder who would be trying to hide his face in this town...couldn't be DP, could it?

IMO it is totally wrong that his initials sound like my favorite cola. It was bad enough when we had to get used to hearing about Dr. Perper, the medical examiner, but at least he seems like a nice guy in spite of the hump in his head.

Check this...(remember the old jingle?)
"D..P... so mis-under-stood, if any-one be-leived him you know he'd feel good!

Susan

TGIRecovered
11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
On a more serious note...

I'll bet DP has followed some of the disappearances of wives in the national news and realized how unlikely it sounds when their lying soon-to-be-ex claims they left with no $, no vehicle etc. so hed decided to say she had $25,000 to explain why no credit card activity.

Or maybe he was thinking ahead in case he beats the rap in criminal court and loses in civil, like other recent cases in the news. Now he could have $25,000 stashed away that he says she took. I wonder about the deed to the home...does he think that if he says she has the deed that means he can't sell it so it can't be taken to settle a civil court judgement?

None of that really makes sense, but we are talking about a dude hiding behind a red, white and blue bandana, anything could make sense to him.

Susan

golfmom
11-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Why in the world would a cop from bolingbrook have $25K cash in a safe at home? :waitasec:

Mysticchic
11-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Bruce is either 41 or 43...DP is 53..with 29 years on the force. He was to retire in 10 days (or so the rumor says). He is on paid leave. The LE believes she is in the area.

Littledeer
11-04-2007, 02:05 PM
If DP is charged, that means money in the Illinois Police & Firemen's Pension Fund that is NOT going out. Even if he has the years in (which he does), once you are convicted you are not legally entitled to any pension monies. (At least that is how it works here in Ohio)

calidreamin
11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Why in the world would a cop from bolingbrook have $25K cash in a safe at home? :waitasec:

I wonder where DP is getting all of this money from? Aside from murdering people I wouldn't be suprised if we find out he had other illegal buisness.

Littledeer
11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Wonder if there has ever been any missing items that were confiscated by the police from the evidence room at the Police station??

Taximom
11-04-2007, 02:37 PM
[quote=golfmom;1775224]"As I mature with age I am finding that the relationship I am in is controlling, manipulative and somewhat abusive," she wrote in the Oct. 17 e-mail. "Tomorrow is our four-year anniversary and I'm not as excited as the years that have passed.

"If you could keep me in your prayers I could use some wisdom, protection and strength."
Drew Peterson made it easy for Cesare to keep his distance because Stacy's husband limited her phone use.(snipped)quote]

I can't help but wonder if recent "missing wife" cases in the news didn't get her thinking about her own relationship with Drew. :(

Taximom
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
If DP is charged, that means money in the Illinois Police & Firemen's Pension Fund that is NOT going out. Even if he has the years in (which he does), once you are convicted you are not legally entitled to any pension monies. (At least that is how it works here in Ohio)

So he'll receive money throughout a trial? Dang. Thanks for the info, Littledeer!

mssheila
11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't think this particular article has been posted, but I found a couple of new things in it that you guys might find interesting:

http://www.officer.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=38652

Sitting at a desk in his house Wednesday afternoon, unshaven and with bags under his eyes, Drew Peterson, 53, said his wife, Stacy, 23, called him about 9 p.m. Sunday and told him she was leaving. That was the last time her cell phone was used, police said.
"Sorry, I get choked up about it," Peterson said, his voice cracking. "I believe she's with someone else, but I believe she's safe."
<SNIP>

So they HAVE checked her cell records... that's just a confirmation.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think I had any doubts that LE had checked the cell phone records, but it is nice to know for certain! Good catch, Mssheila!

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
[quote=golfmom;1775224]Drew Peterson made it easy for Cesare to keep his distance because Stacy's husband limited her phone use.(snipped)quote]

I can't help but wonder if recent "missing wife" cases in the news didn't get her thinking about her own relationship with Drew. :(Who is Cesare?

Taximom
11-04-2007, 03:00 PM
From golfmom's original comment #73, here's the first part of that quote:
marriage 'somewhat abusive'
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...SON_S2.article (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/634423,6_1_NA04_PETERSON_S2.article)

"I have been arguing quite a bit with my husband," Stacy wrote in an e-mail to family friend Steve Cesare 10 days before she disappeared.

I'm glad she didn't keep her fears to herself. I hope the days of women (or men, I guess) doing that are long over.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Taxi! I still wish we knew who he actually is tho. They must be very close for her to be telling him all this stuff.

calidreamin
11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
From golfmom's original comment #73, here's the first part of that quote:
marriage 'somewhat abusive'
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/n...SON_S2.article (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/634423,6_1_NA04_PETERSON_S2.article)

I'm glad she didn't keep her fears to herself. I hope the days of women (or men, I guess) doing that are long over.

I am glad she didn't keep her fears to herself either Taximom. I also read that her sister said he would follow here wherever she went and he had GPS on her car and celphone. What a sicko he is!

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Do you think Drew is reading all the press about himself? I bet he is raging mad about it. Totally out of his control and shows him looking like the ugly man he really is...in black and white!

calidreamin
11-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you think Drew is reading all the press about himself? I bet he is raging mad about it. Totally out of his control and shows him looking like the ugly man he really is...in black and white!
You have that right SS and I saw today on the news his friend saying that he has left the area. I guess he felt the need to hide from the public. I just hope LE is tailing him.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 03:19 PM
They probably are using his own gps system to track him. LOL

It has been a week now since she went missing so maybe he went to make sure she is where he left her. It would be great if he leads them right to her.

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Taxi! I still wish we knew who he actually is tho. They must be very close for her to be telling him all this stuff.

From what I read Cesare was dating her sister Tina sometime before she died. After Tina died, Stacy was thoughtful enough to give Cesare a photo album of pictures from the time period in which they dated.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 03:22 PM
From what I read Cesare was dating her sister Tina sometime before she died. After Tina died, Stacy was thoughtful enough to give Cesare a photo album of pictures from the time period in which they dated.Ah, Thanks! Another mystery solved. : )

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Ah, Thanks! Another mystery solved. : )http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/634423,6_1_NA04_PETERSON_S2.article

calidreamin
11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
From what I read Cesare was dating her sister Tina sometime before she died. After Tina died, Stacy was thoughtful enough to give Cesare a photo album of pictures from the time period in which they dated.

Oh that is so touching. Poor Stacey sure had alot of heartache in her life. Her mom missing, her sister dying, married to a mainiac. I feel so badly for her.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Just looking at the house with the Halloween decorations which look homeade by the kids and things, you can tell Stacey was truly involved in her children's lives. She must have been a good mother and now we can see she was a good friend, too. This says so much about her character.

She was always too good for him.

mssheila
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/04/just-spoke-to-producer-covering-sgt-peterson-stacy-peterson/

November 4th, 2007 1:36 PM Eastern
Just Spoke to Producer Covering Sgt Peterson / Stacy Peterson (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/04/just-spoke-to-producer-covering-sgt-peterson-stacy-peterson/)

I just spoke to Steph Watts, producer on the ground in Illinois covering the Stacy Peterson disappearance story. It has been exactly one week she has been gone and still no sign. He said Tim Miller and EquiSearch is due there tonight. EquiSearch is very experienced at organizing searches.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 04:18 PM
YES! GO TIM!!! I am so pleased they are doing the search! If anyone can find her, they can. They are so good at what they do. I think I am one of their biggest fans! Woohoo for the Equusearch team!

Drew Peterson's days are very numbered now!!

calidreamin
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
This is great news! Tim will be able to find here I am sure. He really knows how to look for someone and organize searches.

PrayersForMaura
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
gosh, this is so sad :(
Totally another loser husband murdering his wife.

Their poor kids
:(

Please find her!

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Tales of missing, slain women stirring up fears
http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/634171,CST-NWS-mitch04.article

A very sobering read.

How do police find the missing?http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/632166,4_1_JO02_MISSING_S2.article

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Excellent articles. I think Stacey trusted him because he was a cop, he initially treated her well, and he offered to take care of her in a stable relationship. While we know it was a bad choice on her part now...at the time...she thought she had made quite a good one, I am sure. Bless her heart.

Mygirlsadie
11-04-2007, 05:33 PM
She also had another sister die of SID's and another one die in a house fire...

Oh that is so touching. Poor Stacey sure had alot of heartache in her life. Her mom missing, her sister dying, married to a mainiac. I feel so badly for her.

SewingDeb
11-04-2007, 05:50 PM
About the last time Stacy's cell phone being used...could someone else have used it to call home? If the call went through to the answering machine it would still register as a call completed, right?

close_enough
11-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Tales of missing, slain women stirring up fears
http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/634171,CST-NWS-mitch04.article

A very sobering read.

How do police find the missing?http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/632166,4_1_JO02_MISSING_S2.article

very sobering, indeed..

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
About the last time Stacy's cell phone being used...could someone else have used it to call home? If the call went through to the answering machine it would still register as a call completed, right?Yes and Yes.

Illinois State Police have expressed interest in a barrel once at the Peterson home. Searchers focused on that but came up empty Saturday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/634898,CST-NWS-boling04s1.article

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
http://findstacypeterson.com/ Website set up by family. (I wish they would use a better photo!!!)

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Interview with Steve C. is on now on Fox.

Was very short and I missed it. Grrr!

close_enough
11-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes and Yes.

Illinois State Police have expressed interest in a barrel once at the Peterson home. Searchers focused on that but came up empty Saturday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/634898,CST-NWS-boling04s1.article

couldn't it have been him that made the phone call, Sunday night, from her cell phone?

interesting about the barrel, hmmm

hoppyfrog
11-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Because he obtained it illegally and is trying to hide it from the IRS?

Hoppy

Mygirlsadie
11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
If her car was in a airport parking lot then don't the airports usually have survelance cameras in their parking lots?... It would show exactly who parked her car there etc etc..

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
The airport is small and has no taped security cameras just a web cam type set up. (He would have been well aware of the set up, too. He did have a plane there.)

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 06:29 PM
couldn't it have been him that made the phone call, Sunday night, from her cell phone?Very easily could have been him that made the call.

curiositycat
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi eo! All I can say is that I can't take much more of these men getting by with murder. Lisa Stebics' murderer is still walking around free in the same area. It appears that it is easier each day for these guys to get by with this, due to the legal system we have nowadays.
Please God don't let this man get by with it again! I feel so sorry for this young girl!

itsreenw
11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
http://*************.com/2007/11/02/stacy-ann-peterson-missing-sgt-drew-peterson-one-wife-missing-one-wife-dead/

According to Dr. Baden on Greta tonight, he saw the coroners report on the death of wife #3 and he said NO WAY was it an accidental drowning. Dr. Baden said she had blood in her hair, lacerations on her head, bruises all over her body, NO drugs in her system, no medical reason to pass out.

How was this considered accidental??

englishleigh
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
http://*************.com/2007/11/02/stacy-ann-peterson-missing-sgt-drew-peterson-one-wife-missing-one-wife-dead/

How was this considered accidental??

I smell a payoff. :furious:

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
From what we have been able to find out, the medical examiner gave the cause of death as drowning. The coroner took the case to a coroner's jury and the jury called it accidental.

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 10:20 PM
This is the first time I have ever heard of a coroner's jury. Exactly what is it?

PrayersForMaura
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
http://findstacypeterson.com/ Website set up by family. (I wish they would use a better photo!!!)

I think the photo is beautiful.

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 10:32 PM
This is the first time I have ever heard of a coroner's jury. Exactly what is it?

It is for coroner's like what the grand jury is for prosecutors, I have also heard it called a coroner's inquest. The coroner takes the case info to the jury and they make a decision on how to rule on it. Several of the media articles that discuss Kathleen Savio's death mention the coroner's jury.

Edited to add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coroner's_jury

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
How could so many people get that so wrong? I don't understand it.

mysteriew
11-04-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't know.
The trauma to the head could maybe have been explained by a fall in the tub. But I guess it depends on the number and location of the other bruises?

SeriouslySearching
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I guess they didn't find anything today. (sigh)

grace60
11-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I guess they didn't find anything today. (sigh)

Is it ok to post a link from another forum? I'm new here and don't want to get in trouble my first time posting. Thanks

curiositycat
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I was looking at a picture of DP with that scarf over his face and it suddenly hit me.
Perhaps she scratched his face in a struggle , could that be why he is covering up?

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 12:25 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,1,3948640.story (Another Peterson search, but still no clues)

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Weekend.Wrap.Up.2.482020.html (Volunteers Helping Search For Missing Woman)

philamena
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
:laugh:
If DP was wearing that obnoxious bandana in order to keep from being recognized around town how stupid could he be? Hey, see that weird guy with the bandana over his face? Gee, I wonder who would be trying to hide his face in this town...couldn't be DP, could it?
You cracked me up. I was thinking the same thing...he's afraid he'll be identified yet he goes out with a disguise that is easy to recognize.:D

i.b.nora
11-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Your links don't work, I think you did it backwards.

Another Peterson search, but still no clues (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,1,3948640.story?ctrack=1&cset=true)

Volunteers Helping Search For Missing Woman (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Weekend.Wrap.Up.2.482020.html)

philamena
11-05-2007, 01:36 AM

That's the insurance money he saved from his 3rd wife's death.:loser:

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Your links don't work, I think you did it backwards.

Another Peterson search, but still no clues (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,1,3948640.story?ctrack=1&cset=true)

Volunteers Helping Search For Missing Woman (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Weekend.Wrap.Up.2.482020.html)

Whoops! Thanks for picking up on that and correcting it.

Mysticchic
11-05-2007, 01:49 AM
good evening all anyone want to chat? I got a lot of answers to the questions..also wife number one was his HS Sweetheart..they went to school in Lombard..anyone have access to the HS site? He may have gone there in 71-73 we think..

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Topix has some interesting comments. Be sure and read #116

http://www.topix.com/forum/life/TA9KAHC9VQN7TVGJM/p6

Mygirlsadie
11-05-2007, 02:39 AM
Oh ok I see... this guy knows the in's and out's of this town esp. from being a cop for so long... but I hope he knows that there always is and always will be someone one step ahead of him..it might take a little longer but it's not in anyway impossible.

The airport is small and has no taped security cameras just a web cam type set up. (He would have been well aware of the set up, too. He did have a plane there.)

fundiva
11-05-2007, 02:51 AM
If her car was in a airport parking lot then don't the airports usually have survelance cameras in their parking lots?... It would show exactly who parked her car there etc etc..
I thought Greta said when she talked to the husband for the first time at his home that he said she left but never took her car. I thought the friend also said that in the interview. I remember thinking that was odd since he said she was supposed to be "meeting" someone to paint as opposed to being "picked up". My thought was how would she have gotten there if she didn't take her car? Also he stated that she told him that when he got home, but he was not awake when she left around 9:00, yet he was able to give a description of what she was wearing that day. That doesn't jive.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 06:02 AM
I don't recall Drew ever saying she left without her car. I know he did tell her sister that she left the car at the airport. He has denied telling the police that though.

dottierainbow
11-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Welcome Grace. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that. You may have to ask a mod. You could send them a private message with the link and ask? Sorry it took awhile to answer your post.
Is it ok to post a link from another forum? I'm new here and don't want to get in trouble my first time posting. Thanks

golfmom
11-05-2007, 08:07 AM

Hasn't he ever heard of investments? banks? bonds? etc. For a cop that has been accused of being on the take, having that much cash in a safe looks hinky.

golfmom
11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
This is a pretty loosy-goosy system. On the Riley Fox case, it wasn't held for months after Riley's death and lots of misinformation was presented. DA said that Riley was alive when she went into the water, when in fact that never occurred.

It is for coroner's like what the grand jury is for prosecutors, I have also heard it called a coroner's inquest. The coroner takes the case info to the jury and they make a decision on how to rule on it. Several of the media articles that discuss Kathleen Savio's death mention the coroner's jury.

Edited to add: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coroner's_jury

golfmom
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1776795

"We've had the complete cooperation from the family and from Drew," Illinois State Police Trooper Mark Dorencz said Wednesday. "We're still hoping she'll just call us."

Police have used dogs and airplanes with heat-seeking devices in the area of the Peterson home. Dorencz said there has been no contact from Stacy Peterson, but he would not comment on whether there has been activity on her credit cards. He also declined to say whether investigators have received tips on her whereabouts or possible sightings.

Peterson said he was not surprised his wife has not used her cell phone. "She knows you can find people with the phone," he said, adding the couple shares a family cell phone plan.

Taximom
11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Peterson said he was not surprised his wife has not used her cell phone. "She knows you can find people with the phone," he said, adding the couple shares a family cell phone plan. my underline

Ugh, golfmom, why does that one response alone make me sick to my stomach?

golfmom
11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
my underline

Ugh, golfmom, why does that one response alone make me sick to my stomach?

Yeah, it was my bold because I had the same reaction. :sick:

calidreamin
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Count me in with that also:sick: . We are sick over that statement because we have common sense, he is such a loser.

arielilane
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Welcome to WS grace60! I look forward to more postings by you.

arielilane
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I was looking at a picture of DP with that scarf over his face and it suddenly hit me.
Perhaps she scratched his face in a struggle , could that be why he is covering up?
Good thinking, cc.

grace60
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I saw this last night http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bolingbrook-il/TBBMRLNP98KFRRFQK/p4

Maybe we will find out more today

Taximom
11-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi grace60, and welcome.

The advent of local forums has been very interesting when reading about true crime events. I love it when people that know the suspect or victim speak freely on these forums.

Thanks for sharing!!

concernedperson
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I saw this last night http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bolingbrook-il/TBBMRLNP98KFRRFQK/p4

Thanks for the link as it was very interesting. Sounds like TES is there and a new search will start around noon. I certainly hope they find her today. Seems like there were several clues around but, of course, that doesn't mean it was Stacey but could be info on someone else.

golfmom
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: I hope something comes out ...

I watched the local news this a.m. and although they're spending a lot of time reporting on the case, nothing was mentioned of the panties or mound of dirt.

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM

Thanks Grace, and welcome! I love reading local boards.

curiositycat
11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
My friend and I were discussing this case last night. Only a man would say "she took her bikini with her"
Every woman knows that if you took money and were really leaving for ,say,a warm country with a beach you would buy a new bikini (or two or three) when you got there.
:D

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Topix has some interesting comments. Be sure and read #116

http://www.topix.com/forum/life/TA9KAHC9VQN7TVGJM/p6

The general consensus on this board is DP is hiding his face from someone as well. We just had a hit and run case here. It's in the WS threads somewhere. This woman was run down and killed. And witnesses gave a good description of a white truck that hit her. The husband said he didn't own one. The husband then went on TV asking the person who hit his wife to come forward. Well his gf that didn't know he was married saw him on the news and reported to police that he in fact did own a white truck. And the huband was arrested and charged with murder. So who is DP hiding from?

Comment 116 is interesting. Evidently three of DP's wives looked alike.

Truthful Lies
11-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Those local boards are full of nasty arguing...wow. #116 was interesting...I haven't found anything else useful yet.

Mysticchic
11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
you guys are doing a great job!!! Info is being passed to the family

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 11:26 AM
you guys are doing a great job!!! Info is being passed to the family

Maybe the next time the family is on the news they can mention the fact that Drew is hiding his face and who is he really hiding from?

curiositycat
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I get heavy underlying drug involvement in this case. Just another one of my gut instincts.
Maybe folks "owe" him.... too much protection of him IMHO
I don't think too much about all his wives looking a bit alike. He likes the same "type" and just keeps trading them in for a younger model.
If he kill SP he hurt himself more then anyone else. I bet it was a rage killing as they generally are.
He truly married UP looks wise with Stacy.

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 12:20 PM
We haven't heard a peep out of Craig Stebic for how long and he breaks his silence to say this?

"I know what he's going through," said Craig Stebic, the Plainfield pipefitter who has a missing wife of his own. "Especially with you media and everything."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/635435,CST-NWS-stebic05.article

Talk about a creepy husband club!

Now we just need to hear from Reginald Potts and the husband of the jogger found dead this week. And hey, Chris Vaughn too!

Taximom
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe the next time the family is on the news they can mention the fact that Drew is hiding his face and who is he really hiding from?

I agree! Get those pictures of him w/her or without her out in the media!

Maybe there are others but they are too young or embarrassed to come forth. :eek:

It wouldn't surprise me if he were one of those cops that didn't give you a ticket if you performed special favors for him.

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Here is an informative video from Fox. I apologize if it's already been posted.

http://tinyurl.com/2yg4g2

dee10134
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM

Steve Cesare was Stacy's sister's boyfriend. The sister that died of cancer. Stacy made him a photo album of photos when Steve and her sister were together.

dee10134
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM

I don't know if anyone posted the link yet, but here's the link to the LIVE webcams at Clow:

http://www.clowairport.com/webcams.php

dee10134
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM

FYI: They said the 3rd wife changed her life insurance policy to pay out to her kids and not to DP. The insurance is probably in a trust fund for the kids.

nanandjim
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
FYI: They said the 3rd wife changed her life insurance policy to pay out to her kids and not to DP. The insurance is probably in a trust fund for the kids.
He is their custodian. So, I bet that he received a monthly stipend. Plus, I read that he received about $600,000 from the sale of their joint properties, business, etc. Not too sh**** of a profit to make from the death of your recently divorced spouse. :rolleyes:

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Thought I'd post this:

Name : PETERSON, DREW WALTERAirman's Address :
6 PHEASANT CHASE CT
BOLINGBROOK, IL, 60490-4513
FAA Region : Great Lakes
Date of Medical : Jun, 2007
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 : Jun, 2009
Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land
Sport Pilot Privileges only
Repairman, Light Sport Aircraft
Inspection

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Sport priveleges only... does that mean he is not licensed to fly a regular plane?

You know they have a lot of missing in Chicago. If they would only unite and do a massive search, they could probably canvas most of the Chicago area.

philamena
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Hasn't he ever heard of investments? banks? bonds? etc. For a cop that has been accused of being on the take, having that much cash in a safe looks hinky.

I think it's hinky too golfmom.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Reward increased to $25,000
http://cbs2chicago.com/national/stacy.peterson.drew.2.489401.html

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
We have quite a few guests reading here. Joining is easy and will permit you to post your thoughts on the case. Click the register or join button and sign up. One problem that has shown up before, you can't use a free email address like yahoo, you will need a more permanent email addy.

grace60
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
E.D. Hill is going to be talking about a interview with Drew's mother this hour on Fox News. She say's something is not quite right.....it's on now.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't have cable. Can you give the highlights?

chicoliving
11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
~snip~

Tim Miller, founder and director Texas EquuSearch said Monday in Bolingbrook that he has been in contact with the Illinois State Police, who are handling the investigation.

When asked what his group could add, he said, "We know this much: If nothing is done, there's zero chance of locating her."

Stacy Peterson's sister, Cassandra Cales, who contacted EquuSearch, said she was comforted by the group's presence. "I was prepared for the worst, but I hope for the best. I just want to bring her home."

Miller would not disclose any search plans. "We're not going to take a chance on her being moved," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,0,1553669.story?coll=chi_tab0 1_layout

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Peterson family photo album. And it includes pictures of Drew! Also better pics of Stacy.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-071105petersonfamily-photogallery,1,960471.photogallery

Pocono Sleuther
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Peterson family photo album. And it includes pictures of Drew! Also better pics of Stacy.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-071105petersonfamily-photogallery,1,960471.photogallery

My Gosh! She looks more like his daughter than his wife. And, imo, he looks like a giant dufus. WTH did she see in that? He scores 10 points for being a freako loser in my book. :loser:

grace60
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't have cable. Can you give the highlights?

It was a teaser I heard and when the story came on E.D. just said there was something not quite right with Drew's mom's interview with her. Drews mom saying she had seen Stacy about a week before she went missing and they were discussing who's house to have thanksgiving. E.D. mentioned other things she said in the "full" interview were odd but did not play it. Nothing new.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Maybe we will find out more todayI found this a very interesting read. (Mystic~ you definitely need to go read it!)

I would like to hear more about anything they found during the searches. Has anyone heard details on them finding anything linked to Stacey?

calidreamin
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Welcome to websleuths Grace. Poco I am with you he does look like a big loser. Did you see the picture with the bandana over over his face?:loser: :loser: :loser:

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-071105petersonfamily-photogallery,1,960471.photogallery Very nice photos! She is such a beautiful girl.

I noticed a couple of things tho. The place where they were married is one place they need to search with the heavily wooded area behind them and in the photo of her in her car is in an unusual place right off the highway, it appears. I wonder where this access road is and where it leads?

calidreamin
11-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Very nice photos! She is such a beautiful girl.

I noticed a couple of things tho. The place where they were married is one place they need to search with the heavily wooded area behind them and in the photo of her in her car is in an unusual place right off the highway, it appears. I wonder where this access road is and where it leads?

Nice catch SS they should be checking those places. I wonder if they are near her home. Do we know when the last time someone other than Drew spoke with Stacey? You are also right about her being beautiful. I wish she had never met him.:(

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Supposedly, the last person to speak with her (outside of what Drew has claimed) was Bruce, the friend she was to go paint with and it was Sunday morning around 10:00 am.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Gutierrez said state police had yet to decide whether to bring EquuSearch into the effort. "We have been contacted by them."

After meeting Monday with Stacy's family and friends in Bolingbrook, Miller was asked what his group could add.

"We know this much: If nothing is done, there's zero chance of locating her," he said. "We have a lot of resources. We are here. We are ready to get started."

Miller would not disclose any search plans. "We're not going to take a chance on her being moved," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_searchnov05,0,1553669.story?coll=chi_tab0 1_layout

If the state police don't allow Equusearch to help...it would be suspicious to me. To have such a fabulous resource at their disposal and for them not to welcome them with open arms would be questionable. If anyone can find Stacey, they can!

SuziQ
11-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Live presser regarding the murder of Devon Epps here:

http://www.foxcarolina.com/video/13530003/detail.html

I know it's a different case, I just know most of you are here right now and I didn't want you all to miss this.

chicoliving
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Police today are searching seven "areas of interest" in their effort to find Stacy Peterson, the wife of a Bolingbrook police sergeant who went missing eight days ago, an Illinois State Police spokesman said.

Master Sgt. Louis Gutierrez declined to identify the areas being searched, but said all are based on the weeklong missing person investigation led by his agency.

At each site, seven police officers and a canine team, consisting of a handler and cadaver dog, are looking for Stacy Peterson, a 23-year-old mother of two young children.

Mysticchic
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Okay all need help again..Tim from Equasearch needs these things

MORE FLYERS
ADMIN VOLENTEERS
SEARCH VOLENTEERS

5 Pheasant Chase, Bollingbrook IL
they are setting up a place to meet
Alos Tim and his crew needs a place to stay...PM me if you can do it..

concernedperson
11-05-2007, 05:13 PM
This is good, MysticChic, as it appears TES will be allowed to search. I wish I were in the area to help.

dee10134
11-05-2007, 05:14 PM

MORE FLYERS
ADMIN VOLENTEERS
SEARCH VOLENTEERS

Mysticchic, are you also from the area? I'd love to volunteer to search or admin, but I can't take the time off of work.... :(

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Mysticchic, are you also from the area? I'd love to volunteer to search or admin, but I can't take the time off of work.... :(Maybe you could talk your boss into helping offset the cost of the flyers or to help in making them! You could also suggest to people at work with home computers to help make flyers. : )

BrendaStar
11-05-2007, 05:22 PM
If the state police don't allow Equusearch to help...it would be suspicious to me. To have such a fabulous resource at their disposal and for them not to welcome them with open arms would be questionable. If anyone can find Stacey, they can!

They came to Ohio to help look for Jesse Marie Davis and were absolutely no help at all. In fact, they more or less got in the way.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
They came to Ohio to help look for Jesse Marie Davis and were absolutely no help at all. In fact, they more or less got in the way.I am sorry if I don't agree with you. The Davis family has nothing but great things to say about Equusearch.

Granted, they found Jessie because the two people responsible for putting her there finally told them where she was...but this in no way takes away from the work that Equusearch does in finding the missing.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Mysticchic, are you also from the area? I'd love to volunteer to search or admin, but I can't take the time off of work.... :(

The other suggestions are great! But I know the feeling, you want to be hands on. There is still a lot you can do. Email flyers to locals in your address book, read and post on Chicago forums that you are aware of. And above all, keep your eyes and ears open for anyone who may just mention seeing something "odd". Sightings, odd behavior of someone they saw, odd items showing up where they hadn't been.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I just love the headline, really no new info. Looks like an entertainment site.

Stacey Peterson Missing: Public Places Bulls-Eye On Husband Drew http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212112721.shtml

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Stacy Peterson Missing: New Damning Evidence Against Husband Emerge
by Tashi Singh

Stacey Peterson Missing: After divers desperately searched for clues at an area-pond over the weekend, new information regarding Stacey Peterson's husband have emerged. (edited to remove the links for advertising)

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212113272.shtml

I love this reporter! The headlines are great!

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM

Now more damning evidence has surfaced, including this email that Stacey wrote to her friend Steve Cesare:

"I have been arguing quite a bit w/my husband."
"As I mature with age I am finding that the relationship I am in is controlling, manipulative and somewhat abusive. Tomorrow is our 4-year anniversary and I am not as excited as the years that have past. If you could keep me in your prayers I could use some wisdom, protection, and strength."

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Searching for loved ones
Stebic family, national group offer support

Families with missing loved ones are reaching out to the family of missing 23-year-old Bolingbrook woman Stacy Peterson.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/635333,6_1_NA05_PETERSON_S1.article

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Okay all need help again..Tim from Equusearch needs these things:

MORE FLYERS
ADMIN VOLUNTEERS
SEARCH VOLUNTEERS

Also Tim and his crew needs a place to stay...PM me if you can do it..Just bumping this request up for Mystic! (I corrected your spelling. LOL)

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
In the article posted by Itsreenw and SeriouslySearching the Post Chronicle is saying that when Drew and Stacy married, Drew was still married to Kathleen. But an article I saw the other day said the divorce was final 8 days before they married, though the property settlement wasn't final.

Mygirlsadie
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I just know that old geezer did something to her. In the photos it just looks ick..he looks like her grandpa. I noticed she named her baby girl Lacy so she was Lacy Peterson..aww this has nothing to do with anything I just felt like rambling.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Searching for loved ones
Stebic family, national group offer support

Families with missing loved ones are reaching out to the family of missing 23-year-old Bolingbrook woman Stacy Peterson.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/635333,6_1_NA05_PETERSON_S1.article

It is very sweet of Lisa's family to offer support. I am sure this disappearance is yet another reminder to them that Lisa has not been found and her husband is still walking around free.

The quote from Craig Stebic earlier about/to Drew would certainly be difficult for them to hear. ("I know what he's going through," said Craig Stebic, the Plainfield pipefitter who has a missing wife of his own. "Especially with you media and everything." ~snip~ While Craig Stebic might think his heart is in the right place, his concern for the embattled Bolingbrook cop has left his in-laws confused. http://www.suntimes.com/news/635435,CST-NWS-stebic05.article )

I think it is important not to blur the lines between the two cases.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Prosecutors have started re-examining Savio's case since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, and the department has paperwork from more than 15 different reports detailing alleged abusive behavior between Drew Peterson and Savio.

Bolingbrook police Chief Ray McGury plans to publicly discuss those reports later today.

Does this indicate a press conference?

curiositycat
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I have been reading these articles where DP states she has mood disorders, ect. I have heard more than one abuser state the same thing. It seems to be some kind of a "mantra" for abusers.
If a woman lives with someone who is abusive, controlling and overbearing for four years she would be expected to act "emotional".
I know, been there and done that...
What's sad is that people who have never been abused have no idea of the dynamics of abuse and "buy into" the abusers BS.

Now more damning evidence has surfaced, including this email that Stacey wrote to her friend Steve Cesare:

"I have been arguing quite a bit w/my husband."
"As I mature with age I am finding that the relationship I am in is controlling, manipulative and somewhat abusive. Tomorrow is our 4-year anniversary and I am not as excited as the years that have past. If you could keep me in your prayers I could use some wisdom, protection, and strength."

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I have been reading these articles where DP states she has mood disorders, ect. I have heard more than one abuser state the same thing. It seems to be some kind of a "mantra" for abusers.
If a woman lives with someone who is abusive, controlling and overbearing for four years she would be expected to act "emotional".
What's sad is that people who have never been abused have no idea of the dynamics of abuse and "buy into" the abusers BS.

I wholeheartedly agree!

concernedperson
11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
No truer words have been spoken. Almost every case of a murdered woman is her husband/SO/ Ex-SO saying something along similar lines. Some attest to the woman being suicidal or likely to run off with another, anything to take the focus off the relationship that the abuse is occurring in. And, of course, the true abuser and murderer.

I hope as these cases get discussed and national media spotlights them that more women will take control of their lives and get away from these men. These men are not going to change no matter what woman enters their life. For every woman in an abusive relationship there is extreme danger whether to life and limb or to be scarred with lost of self esteem for many years to come.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Prosecutors have started re-examining Savio's case since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, and the department has paperwork from more than 15 different reports detailing alleged abusive behavior between Drew Peterson and Savio.

Bolingbrook police Chief Ray McGury plans to publicly discuss those reports later today.

Does this indicate a press conference?

ROFL!!! You think they are talking about us?

It looks like he is either going to do an interview or a press conference. From what I saw on Greta's site the other day, it looked like he may have taken her challenge for an interview.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
ROFL!!! You think they are talking about us?

It looks like he is either going to do an interview or a press conference. From what I saw on Greta's site the other day, it looked like he may have taken her challenge for an interview.:waitasec: Uhm..no, I don't think they are talking about us.

I would love Greta to do an interview with him...and get Mark in on it! I am sure Mark F. has some very pertinent questions he would like to ask of the department along those lines.

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
:waitasec: Uhm..no, I don't think they are talking about us.

I would love Greta to do an interview with him...and get Mark in on it! I am sure Mark F. has some very pertinent questions he would like to ask of the department along those lines.

Here's what I was refering to:

With word of Stacy Peterson's disappearance splashed across national media, the Bolingbrook Police Department has come under criticism on the Internet and cable news programs.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Here's what I was refering to:Oh! LOL Maybe so!

They haven't heard our wrath on that front yet! I know we have plenty to say in condemning them for their lack of action and the way they brushed it all under the rug in Savio's case.

philamena
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I just know that old geezer did something to her. In the photos it just looks ick..he looks like her grandpa. I noticed she named her baby girl Lacy so she was Lacy Peterson..aww this has nothing to do with anything I just felt like rambling.

That's exactly what I said too Sadie. He looks more like her grandpa than her husband. Continued hopes and prayers that Stacy is found soon and sending prayers to TES and Tim.

mssheila
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM

MORE FLYERS
ADMIN VOLENTEERS
SEARCH VOLENTEERS

If they need a place to stay, I'm a couple hours away. I'd happily open my home. I know it's far away, but if I can help from here, I'd happily welcome anyone into our home.

If anyone would like to personally speak to me, please PM me and I can give the details of our address and location. I'd love to feel like I'm helping, even though i'm 2 hours away.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Family frustrated with lack of progress in search for missing woman

“Where are the police on this one? What are they doing?” said Suzan Robison, one of Peterson’s aunts.

A spokesman for the Illinois State Police said there’s a reason police weren’t out searching during the weekend.

“We were actually in the process of organizing searches for [Monday],” said Trooper Mark Dorencz, a State Police spokesman. “I can assure you we are working on this case day and night.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/636097,boling110507.article

Frankly, they can work on the organization of larger searches WHILE still searching. I don't blame them for being frustrated! I didn't know that LE sat on their duffs all weekend!!

Now that they have Equusearch there...they can hand over some of the searches to them so they can get back out in the field and work the case!!!

mssheila
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm a little over 2 hours away, and it's mostly interstate driving from my house to Bolingbrook IL. Let me know if anyone needs a place to stay.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
If they need a place to stay, I'm a couple hours away. I'd happily open my home. I know it's far away, but if I can help from here, I'd happily welcome anyone into our home.

If anyone would like to personally speak to me, please PM me and I can give the details of our address and location. I'd love to feel like I'm helping, even though i'm 2 hours away.Please PM Mysticchic and let her know. She is rather busy to read through all the posts at the moment. : )

grace60
11-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I didn't see this until just a few minutes ago.
gretawire.foxnews.com
Scroll down about half way. It's a wedding pic of the "newlyweds". Check out the look on Stacy's sisters face.

SeriouslySearching
11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I have seen that photo a few times now. It doesn't surprise me that her family wasn't that thrilled over her decision to marry the old coot!

mysteriew
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Neighbor Sharon Bychowski is speaking out. And how!
When investigators asked for a picture of Stacy, Drew said he didn't have one. Prior to the search warrant being served, Drew asked if he could park his car in her garage. She told him no, he could park it in her driveway.

i.b.nora
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Chief of Police Ray McGury is going to be on Greta's show tonight.

chicoliving
11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
FindLisaStebic.com

Alert!: To all FLS Volunteers !

Another search is on for Stacy Peterson !
8:00 am Nov. 7th

Equusearch Command Center -

Westbrook Christian Church

1175 Lily Cache Ln

Bolingbrook, Illinois 60490-3123:

FindStacyPeterson.com

findstacypeterson@gmail.com

Tip Hotline: 815-726-6377

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I read an article that said they are going to exhume wife #3's body.
Let me find that link.

curiositycat
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes, you know you are so right on! I was talking to a friend who has also been through DV, as I have. My friend and I consider ourselves strong women...but it hasn't been easy either. Neither of us had a back-up system of family. Financially, especially if you have small children it's a nightmare trying to work, and still live half way decent financially. In my case I have had to escape to a town where I knew no one. It's not as easy as you might imagine, to get away. The abusers know that they have you financially. A judge can set up maintenance payments and child support but enforcing it is another matter.
They shower you, in a lot of cases especially where the man is older, with cars, ect. to keep you around. When you try and get a way they refer to you as a money grabber. If you happen to get a judge who thinks he was taken advantage of financially FORGET IT.
I understand how folks just don't get it..why a woman would stay but there is much more to it then meets the eyes.
Somehow we, as concerned women, have to support these women better when they try to get away.

No truer words have been spoken. Almost every case of a murdered woman is her husband/SO/ Ex-SO saying something along similar lines. Some attest to the woman being suicidal or likely to run off with another, anything to take the focus off the relationship that the abuse is occurring in. And, of course, the true abuser and murderer.

I hope as these cases get discussed and national media spotlights them that more women will take control of their lives and get away from these men. These men are not going to change no matter what woman enters their life. For every woman in an abusive relationship there is extreme danger whether to life and limb or to be scarred with lost of self esteem for many years to come.

Amster
11-05-2007, 10:04 PM
I read an article that said they are going to exhume wife #3's body.
Let me find that link.

I think she was cremated....

ketel0ne
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM

Drew and Stacey met when he was 49 and she was 17. Stacey is Drew's fourth wife. Drew's third wife was found dead in a dry bath. Her death was ruled "accidental". Police have now re-opened the investigation into her death and plan to exhume her body.

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Thank you Absolut for posting the quote. I just read something I hadn't seen before:
http://homesweethome.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/
Drew Peterson apparently had been married before. Apparently he had been married three times before. Apparently he was still married to Kathleen Savio when he met and began dating Stacy. And Kathleen’s relatives say that during the marriage Kathleen had received letters telling her that Drew Peterson was cheating on her. But when she confronted him about it, he allegedly beat her. One relative has stated they had to take her to the hospital afterone beating in the late ’90’s. But they say she was afraid to leave him. In 2002 Kathleen Savio filed for a protection order against Drew Peterson and in 2003, she filed for divorce after learning that Stacy was pregnant with Drew Peterson’s baby.

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 10:49 PM
http://homesweethome.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/
According to Stacy’s family Peterson

“was a very jealous, very controlling person,” “He followed her. He tracked her with GPS on her cell phone, called her constantly.”

That's so demeaning. To know you have no privacy, that your every move is being monitored. I bet she was probably starting to despise him. I also read he (and the kids) received about 2 million dollars from insurance policies and property from his 3rd wife's death. I wonder if he took out life insurance on Stacey.

ketel0ne
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Looks like Drew may use the middle initial K as well as W.

http://www.peopledata.com/results.php?sname=DREW%20PETERSON&state=IL&name_style=1 (http://www.peopledata.com/results.php?sname=DREW&#37;20PETERSON&state=IL&name_style=1)

itsreenw
11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Would be interesting to find out where Drew's phone pinged at when he answered the call from Stacey's sister that night. When he lied and said he was at home.

Taximom
11-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Neighbor Sharon Bychowski is speaking out. And how!
When investigators asked for a picture of Stacy, Drew said he didn't have one. Prior to the search warrant being served, Drew asked if he could park his car in her garage. She told him no, he could park it in her driveway.
Nice...no picture of the missing wife handy. :loser:

It's interesting too that he might have wanted to hide his car for a while, eh? Hiding his face...hiding his car...he's hiding from someone!

Good catch, mysteriew.

curiositycat
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I think he may of told her that he tracked her with her GPS on her cell phone but I doubt if he could of done that.
I used to work for one of the major cell phone companies as a supervisor. If someone just called and wanted to track someone we were not allowed to do it. The average employee didn't have that ability. One night a high level tech person showed me what screen to access to check the closest cell tower for the last call a customer made.
That tech was breaking protocol to do that. Could of been fired for it.
You need a court order and it has to be serious police business to give that information out.
There is just no way he could of called the cell phone company and found that info out on a daily basis.

IMHO:waitasec:

That's so demeaning. To know you have no privacy, that your every move is being monitored. I bet she was probably starting to despise him. I also read he (and the kids) received about 2 million dollars from insurance policies and property from his 3rd wife's death. I wonder if he took out life insurance on Stacey.

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 12:19 AM
At one point there were some cell phones that came out that provided gps wasn't there? They were made for kids or something

ketel0ne
11-06-2007, 12:22 AM
http://mologogo.com/ if the phone has GPS i believe a service like this one can track it.

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/features/jan-june07/gps_2-19.html

This link has a list of providers that offers the service

If you google the terms: cell phone gps parents track
there are bunch of them

my3girls also just gave me the link http://guardianangeltech.com

strach304
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
The 9pm call he claims he got from Stacey should be able to be tracked. Location of her phone as well to his phone when he answered it. He can't be two places at once.

Taximom
11-06-2007, 01:11 AM
There have been several people I've read about (mostly men) found stalking/tracking their ex's with GPS. I wouldn't think it's that difficult finding something at some place like Radio Shack. Being in LE, he probably stole something or used their services somehow in tracking Stacy.

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
The 9pm call he claims he got from Stacey should be able to be tracked. Location of her phone as well to his phone when he answered it. He can't be two places at once.

You can if you leave one phone someplace and go somewhere else and call it.

Taximom
11-06-2007, 01:16 AM
You can if you leave one phone someplace and go somewhere else and call it.

If he said she called and he answered, the phone records will show that. Otherwise one will show as a "missed call" if there's nobody on the other end answering. (Does that make sense?!)

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 01:19 AM
True, I forgot about that. Phone records might show the call going to voice mail. Unless he had an assistant?

Taximom
11-06-2007, 01:26 AM
True, I forgot about that. Phone records might show the call going to voice mail. Unless he had an assistant?

I know that's what I was thinking! He might even have used one of the kids without letting on what he was really doing.

kinsey milhoune
11-06-2007, 01:27 AM
It was posted on another board that the search team from Texas will need food, drinks etc. while they are here.

The location is the Westbrook Christian church at 1175 Lily Cache Lane, Bolingbrook, Il. If any of you live in the area, please think about donating to the searches & their animals.

strach304
11-06-2007, 01:40 AM
You guys remember Bobby Cutts screwed up with the cell phone? I did check first to see if DP's statement was that he talked to her when she called rather than leaving a message. He said he spoke with her so LE should be able to trace those two calls. Didn't he also state that she told him then that her car was at the airport?

philamena
11-06-2007, 01:46 AM
If he said she called and he answered, the phone records will show that. Otherwise one will show as a "missed call" if there's nobody on the other end answering. (Does that make sense?!)
Taximom,
That makes perfect sense.
I think the phone records are going to do Drew in.
Now does anyone know if in fact wife #3 was cremated?
That's what I heard reported earlier.

curiositycat
11-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Well, I have to admit that I am retired now and things may have changed in the last four years. For parents that need to track their kids this is fantastic!
It doesn't surprise me that he was so insecure in the relationship. Thirty years older than Stacey and she is (was) so beautiful!
I think he is a very troubled man. In the very last picture I saw that was taken of the two of them together, his smile looked phony. Did anyone else notice that?
Do we know anything about his family of origin? I saw one story where a reporter talked with his mom. I wonder if he has brothers and sisters??
If his third wife died four years ago at forty that would have made him 49 at the time??? IMHO his third wife was beautiful also and almost ten years younger then he was.
I am wondering about the first two wifes. Evidently he has at least one much older son???
So many questions so few answers...LOL

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 03:41 AM
I just spoke with Mysticchic in chat. Family is very appreciative of those who have shown up to search and those who have made flyers for them. I guess someone dropped off a bunch!

Tim from Equasearch has made up a new flyer layout. They need more flyers made to pass out so that all the new info will be correct. The new layout can be obtained at Kinko's.
Flyers can be dropped off at:

Westbrook Christian Church
1175 Lilly Cashe Lane
Bollingbrook, IL

Tim will be searching tomorrow so if you live in the Chicago area and can help your assistance will be greatly appreciated. They need searchers and admin people to volunteer. Volunteers will also be meeting at the church at 8 am.

And from me, if anyone knows anything about the possible location of Stacy Ann Peterson, please make contact- with the police, or with Tim from Equasearch. They always say that sometimes it can just take a little bit of information to solve a crime. They need that little bit of info.

And remember this case does have an award for information. I believe it is up to something like $25,000 now.

mysteriew
11-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Well, I have to admit that I am retired now and things may have changed in the last four years. For parents that need to track their kids this is fantastic!

I only knew because I had seen commercials offering the service.

itsreenw
11-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Most cell phones have GPS capability on them. You can enable or disable the feature. Mine shows "All" or "Emergency". All means anyone with a GPS system can track me and Emergency means just 911 can track me. I keep mine on Emergency.

It works too. I know because I called 911 to report a stalled car in the middle of the freeway and the CA Highway Patrol locked into my phone. The agency name showed up on my phone like it was caller ID. And I called them. It was really weird.