BlueCrab
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm18808_20040308.htm

JonBenet's father may run for Michigan legislature

Monday, March 8, 2004

BY DAWSON BELL
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Thanks for the information Candy.

I guess that embarrasses Lin Wood just a little bit re' "dual" places of residence as stated in the civil suit against Fox News. John is a permanent resident of Michigan with a property tax homestead exemption, is registered to vote in Michigan, has a Michigan driver's license, and will run for a seat in the Michigan legislature. Georgia is no longer on HIS mind.

JMO

Britt
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
:laugh: John Ramsey a politician? Well at least he found a job where he can make the best use of his skills and experience.

cappuccina
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I feel like Dennis Miller when he goes on one of his "rants"....but,

The idea of someone who: IMO, took part in at least the cover-up of his daughter's murder; is; IMO, sheltering the murderer; lied his a$$ off in depositions and other sworn testimony; is a phony, faux born-again Christian; and only had an interest in making money at others' expense even before his wife, IMO, murdered their daughter~then decides to run for Congress is completely abhorrent to me...It is disgusting...These people should be in jail for life, without the possibility of parole, IMO...Their remaining minor child should be in foster care, or living with relatives...IMO once again...

THIS IS A FARCE!!!!!!! You might as well have Hitler as the head of Health and Human Services; it would be no different...

OK, I'm done now...

------------------------------

The above "Dennis Miller style" rant is JMO

River
03-08-2004, 08:08 PM
THIS IS A FARCE!!!!!!! You might as well have Hitler as the head of Health and Human Services; it would be no different...Cappucina

Cappy- So true!!

Well, he's gotten away with covering up a murder, the sky is the limit. :loser:

BlueCrab
03-08-2004, 08:39 PM
then decides to run for Congress

Cappy,

John Ramsey isn't planning to run for a seat in the U.S. Congress. He's thinking of running for a seat in the Michigan legislature. That's a much lower office. It's a state office, not a federal office.

JMO

Nehemiah
03-08-2004, 08:45 PM
From the article:
"Ramsey is associated with a Charlevoix-based directory business."Anyone know what that is, does, or anything about it?

IMO

Toth
03-08-2004, 08:51 PM
>took part in at least the cover-up of his daughter's murder;
There has been no cover up.
>sheltering the murderer;
He and Patsy each want the murderer arrested and prosecuted.
> lied his a$$ off in depositions and other sworn testimony;
He told the truth at all times.
>only had an interest in making money at others' expense
he was known as a businessman with high moral principals,

I think it would be a refreshing change to have someone in the Michigan legislature who was a successful businessman who lived up to his principles rather than some sneaky lout who has been feeding at the public trough for years and will sell any principles he has left for a few campaign dollars.

Shylock
03-08-2004, 09:08 PM
:laugh: John Ramsey a politician? Well at least he found a job where he can make the best use of his skills and experience.

Hahahaha, a murder suspect in the Michigan legislature!...gotta love it!

Britt
03-08-2004, 09:16 PM
I think it would be a refreshing change to have someone in the Michigan legislature who was a successful businessman who lived up to his principles rather than some sneaky lout who has been feeding at the public trough for years and will sell any principles he has left for a few campaign dollars.
Yes, I'm sure Michigan would prefer someone who's been feeding off his dead child for years and is free of any sellable principles... lol :loser:

Toth
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
>feeding off his dead child??
Any money from the books and lawsuits have so far gone only to Burke or the lawyers.
The Ramseys have spent large sums and tried persistently to get the case investigated.
>free of saleable principles??
Thats odd. None of their friends report any dimuniition in thier committment to live by their beliefs.

Britt
03-08-2004, 10:15 PM
None of their friends report any dimuniition in thier committment to live by their beliefs.
Who said anything about them not living up (or down) to their own standards? :p

p.s. what friends?

Shylock
03-08-2004, 10:28 PM
This could be a lot of fun!
Can you imagine the campaign ads of anyone running against John Ramsey? They won't have to even buy a shovel to dig up the dirt on JR!
But they better watch out, anyone who runs a negative ad against John Ramsey is going to get sued by Lin Wood!...LOLOL

VOTE FOR JOHN RAMSEY - A MAN WITH NO SKELETONS IN HIS CLOSET, JUST BODIES IN HIS BASEMENT!

why_nutt
03-08-2004, 10:38 PM
he was known as a businessman with high moral principals,

Apparently you do not read the papers or follow politics in any way, or else you would have come to know by now that a man who admits to cheating on his wife for two years with a woman he hated is a man whose political career is dead before it can proceed any further. It is one thing for a politician to have rumors floating about his indiscretions; it is quite another to have that same politician sheepishly admit that he had an affair with a woman he was afraid of because he did not love the woman he married and had children with, as John Ramsey described in the NE transcripts. (Do you think the Republicans want John as their poster boy for the Defense of Marriage Act? I doubt it.)

You say John Ramsey is a successful businessman? No, he is not. He was a failure with Southern Peripherals & Instruments. He was a failure with Microsouth. He was a failure with Jaleo. He was a failure with Access Graphics until Lockheed rescued the company, and even then Don Paugh had to nursemaid the deal and John could not manage to make Access show a profit margin of more than 3 or 4 percent, margins so pitiful by Lockheed's standards that they were preparing to divest themselves of the company in the fall of 1996, with John admitting that he was ready to quit his job in the early months of 1997 and run away to Australia.

High moral principles? John Ramsey would not know what a high moral principle was if it bit him. He had a fine chance to display moral principles when he proclaimed he was starting a foundation devoted to protecting children from abuse. He lied about that. He lied and did nothing with the foundation except file paperwork, buy an overpriced computer, and pay rent to Mike Bynum so John could lie to the IRS that the foundation was being administered by Patsy and himself from a Colorado address while they were living in Georgia.

Shylock
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Excellent post Why_Nutt! Unfortunately it was wasted on Toth, who has a Ramsey tatoo on his foreskin, but the rest of us enjoyed and appreciated it!

IMO

TLynn
03-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Whynutt :clap:

However, he sounds like a perfect politician to me. :liar:

BrotherMoon
03-09-2004, 04:04 AM
If elected will he and Patsy flash the victory sign for the press?

Eagle1
03-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Maybe we'd hear something new, from such a campaign, a lucky break for us.

I'm neutral about them, I think, not extreme for or against. We can't know until the murder is solved, and who knows, some day it might be.
Anything can happen.

Angie
03-09-2004, 07:17 AM
I'm a Michigan resident and have been all my 36 yrs of life. I say they need to pack up and move back to Georgia.

candy
03-09-2004, 07:37 AM
The Friends to Elect John Ramsey committee was formed in January.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~56~2004743,00.html

IMO.

Arielle
03-09-2004, 08:20 AM
IF nothing else, it should bring out the muckrackers and maybe we'll hear something new. Maybe this will be the catalyst that is needed to get the case moving in the proper direction again (that would be toward finding and prosecuting the killer, as opposed to everyone covering their a$$)

Barbara
03-09-2004, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=Toth
I think it would be a refreshing change to have someone in the Michigan legislature who was a successful businessman who lived up to his principles rather than some sneaky lout who has been feeding at the public trough for years and will sell any principles he has left for a few campaign dollars.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would be refreshing. But since they can't find such a person, they'll allow John Ramsey to run.

I predict: John Ramsey will NOT run. When political dirt diggers get started, they will put out stuff that not even Lin Wood can fight.

Shylock
03-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Ramsey and his wife, Patsy, now live in suburban Atlanta.
Well the author of that article certainly did his homework...

K777angel
03-09-2004, 11:10 AM
It just goes to show how out of touch with the real world John and Patsy are.
Walling themselves off from the world, hiding behind slimey lawyers, moving from state to state, not watching television (so they claim) or reading newspapers - yeah, what a great politician John Ramsey would make. "Hey - let me represent you! But wait till I pull my head out of the sand (or another choice location)~"

The arrogance continues.....

BrotherMoon
03-09-2004, 11:54 AM
There was a running joke when Swartzeneggar was mentioned as a candidate for Gov. in Calif. that a person could get face time by announcing he or she was NOT running for Governor. This is more of the same. JR can appear normal, respectible and innocent by saying he is not running. He can appear more normal, respectible and more innocent if he says he will not serve as Pope either.

Barbara
03-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Ah, this is just what the folks in Charlevoix need: A politician with the baggage that John Ramsey carries with him. I say the Republicans will never let it happen.

Someone who has actually "grown a brain" in the Republican party will never let John Ramsey represent Republicans with the history and baggage he carries. As a public figure, especially as someone who is running for office, these scandals of adultery and this murder will be more than the party can bear IMO. But then again, stranger things have happened.

Let's not forget: While I may not be one of the theorists that believe John was molesting JBR, there are many others out there that do. Don't think for one minute that those who theorize John as being a pedophile and those who believe Nancy Krebs and her stories of John Ramsey being part of a sex ring along with White Sr. won't be vocal. When that hits the airwaves during campaigns, it should be quite the talk of the town and more.

I predict it will never happen. I'm sure he will offer up a different excuse not to run, but nonetheless, nobody will be more surprised than me if he chooses to campaign.

why_nutt
03-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Someone who has actually "grown a brain" in the Republican party will never let John Ramsey represent Republicans with the history and baggage he carries. As a public figure, especially as someone who is running for office, these scandals of adultery and this murder will be more than the party can bear IMO. But then again, stranger things have happened.

John Ramsey = Republican version of Ted Kennedy. How ironic if, having deemed Patsy as his "Jackie Kennedy," John is forced to deal with JonBenet as his Mary Jo Kopechne.

BlueCrab
03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
John Ramsey = Republican version of Ted Kennedy. How ironic if, having deemed Patsy as his "Jackie Kennedy," John is forced to deal with JonBenet as his Mary Jo Kopechne.

Perhaps, but I see John Ramsey having a number of things going for him. For instance:

o Name recognition is important in local political elections, and John Ramsey has that.

o Campaign financing is critical and that shouldn't be a problem for John Ramsey.

o I doubt if his opponents will bring up negative stuff about the murder if it reflects badly on JonBenet.

o Voters are generally forgiving about personal transgressions of candidates.

o John holds a bachelor's degree and a master's degree from Michigan State.

o And it will depend largely on who his opponent is in the general election, and I don't think the Democrats will field a big name against him.

JMO

candy
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Ramsey's wife Patsy, reached at their home in Charlevoix, said her husband was "definitely considering" a run for the seat currently held by term-limited Rep. Ken Bradstreet, R-Gaylord. But she stopped short of confirming that he would run.
"He's looking at the issues and determining whether he could contribute," she said.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2004/03/09/news/local_regional/news01.txt

K777angel
03-09-2004, 05:57 PM
[/b]

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2004/03/09/news/local_regional/news01.txt

I think there may be a more selfish reason John Ramsey is considering running for public office. It has to do with the same thing they've been trying to do for 7 years: revamp their "image." Same reason they hired the despicable Lin Wood to do their bidding.
I can see it now. Lin Wood: 'John Ramsey believes he can accomplish more for murdered children and the memory of his daughter by involving himself in the political process than he could in the private sector."

Just you wait.....

why_nutt
03-09-2004, 06:05 PM
I can see it now. Lin Wood: 'John Ramsey believes he can accomplish more for murdered children and the memory of his daughter by involving himself in the political process than he could in the private sector."

Just you wait.....

And we shall be right on Wood's heels, pointing out that John's droning on in the House chambers about land use regulations and a streamlined sales tax is hardly a testament to JonBenet's legacy.

why_nutt
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Does anyone want to see the official paperwork for the Friends to Elect John Ramsey?

http://miboecfr.nicusa.com/cgi-bin/cfr/com_det.cgi?com_id=511841

Get used to it, Mr. Ramsey. If you want to be a politician, all of this kind of paperwork is going to be available. You thought you lacked privacy before; you have not even begun to understand how little you will have now.

candy
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for that filing why_nutt!

cappuccina
03-10-2004, 10:55 AM
State or Federal level....this man should not be in ANY governmental office, and should not even be allowed to be a public sector employee...

Toth, IMO, you either present farcical opinions to bait us, or perhaps you are truly a member of the John Birch society, or something similar...

WhyNutt, thanks for the information!!

River....I'm 100% with ya! :)

I also have this question: As he has not been offically "cleared" of the various types of murder, manslaughter, and accessory to murder charges~that is, he remains under an umbrella of suspicion (which I take to mean that he continues to be investigated)~is he "cleared" to run for State office? What say ye attorneys out there...Maybe they can concurrently re-investigate him because he's throwing his hat in the ring...??

Shylock
03-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Does anyone want to see the official paperwork for the Friends to Elect John Ramsey?

http://miboecfr.nicusa.com/cgi-bin/cfr/com_det.cgi?com_id=511841

Who are these people, and whose address/phone is this?

candy
03-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Robert Hoffman is a CPA in Charlevoix.

vicktor
03-12-2004, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=cappuccina]State or Federal level....this man should not be in ANY governmental office, and should not even be allowed to be a public sector employee...

I also have this question: As he has not been offically "cleared" of the various types of murder, manslaughter, and accessory to murder charges~that is, he remains under an umbrella of suspicion (which I take to mean that he continues to be investigated)~is he "cleared" to run for State office? What say ye attorneys out there...Maybe they can concurrently re-investigate him because he's throwing his hat in the ring...??

Of course you are entitled to your opinion regarding JR's fitness for public office, but there is no law that prevents him from holding that office or any other job in America. He has not been convicted of anything connected to his daughter's death, or anything else to my knowledge. The papers are filled with articles about politicians who have been convicted of crimes before, during and after they were in office. Consider the previous post which referred to Ted Kennedy. He doesn't have to be "cleared" to run for State office, nor investigated. Perhaps what you are referring to is "dirt" or skeletons in the closet each side attempts to dig up on the other which is then reported in kind by the media.

BlueCrab
03-12-2004, 09:40 AM
In most states all you have to do to run for public office is to be a U.S. citizen and live in the district you want to represent. Even convicted felons can run for public office in most places.

JMO

Toth
03-12-2004, 10:30 AM
o Voters are generally forgiving about personal transgressions of candidates.Why would that be relevant?

Barbara
03-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Why would that be relevant?

Just for starters, he is an admitted adulterer. Doesn't matter how many years ago, he is still an admitted adulterer. People will find out and his opponents will capitalize on that.

It's even in his own book

That's just for starters.

AND in the real world he will always be John Ramsey, father of JonBenet Ramsey and considered by many to be one of the "suspects" in her murder.

I'd say that is pretty relevant. Just ask Gary Condit

Why do you, Toth, continue to spit in the face of the administration who have asked that disclaimers accompany all posts? Are you above it all?

Toth
03-12-2004, 12:09 PM
. Just ask Gary Condit[/B] Political mudslinging already?? Why is Codom Condit's name being bandied about in reference to John Ramsey?

Shylock
03-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Why is Codom Condit's name being bandied about in reference to John Ramsey?
Maybe because both men are murder suspects and they both like to go out and purchase their own lie detector results? Just a guess...

Barbara
03-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Maybe because both men are murder suspects and they both like to go out and purchase their own lie detector results? Just a guess...

And at the very least, both adulterers. Without having been convicted of any crime, like JR, you can see how Condit did in his bid to be re-elected. Two peas in a pod

Britt
03-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Without having been convicted of any crime, like JR, you can see how Condit did in his bid to be re-elected. Two peas in a pod
Or in this case, two kibbles in a manure pile. Some stink just can't be washed off.

Toth
03-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Maybe because both men are murder suspects and they both like to go out and purchase their own lie detector results? Just a guess... Neither Condom Condit nor John Ramsey are murder suspects. I do not have any information at all concerning polygraph examinations and Condom Condit, but I do know that there is not an attorney in the country who would have done anything else regarding the Ramsy polygraphs: it was all proper.

K777angel
03-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Neither Condom Condit nor John Ramsey are murder suspects. I do not have any information at all concerning polygraph examinations and Condom Condit, but I do know that there is not an attorney in the country who would have done anything else regarding the Ramsy polygraphs: it was all proper.

Hogwash Toth!! The polygraph sham the Ramseys attempted to serve up to the American people (and that is the ONLY movtivation behind it as they KNEW it was unacceptable to law enforcement so it was not done for their benefit) was a joke. They are so arrogant to think that the average person cannot reason and THINK for themselves. Like: the Ramseys CONTROLLED all the polygraphs they took (including ones we may not even know about) setting down THEIR guidelines in what they would and would not do in taking a polygraph.
For instance - they refused to go with any polygrapher who insisted on a simple DRUG TEST first to insure a pure examination and results.

They had to shop around to find the one who would give them the results they wanted.
The first polygrapher contacted by Lin Wood's office agreed to polygraph the Ramseys but stipulated that they would need to be drug tested to make sure they were not altering the results artificially. The Ramseys refused his offer and went on to find another.
Finding another, being tested by him (Jerry Coriella) - did not give them the results they wanted ("inconclusive - which is a result of an "average" of the
truthful/deceptive answers given a number of times. Could mean they were found to be deceptive a good part of the time....) - so they kept on till they found one that did.
Ed Gelb. Who did not insist they be drug tested first. SO - his "conclusions" are suspect. Not to mention the $$$ gained in the transaction. Who knows how a generously greased palm might cause an individual to suddenly see test results with "different eyes"?

Not to mention the fact that one can pass a polygraph and be guilty as sin.
Just ask Gary Ridgeway - the Green River Killer. He passed his polygraphs with flying colors.
He now sits in prison for the rest of his life after confessing to killing nearly
FIFTY young women.

The statement that the polygraphs the Ramseys submitted to were done
"properly" is just laughable.

BrotherMoon
03-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Is there a reason Toth's hat is being bandied about with Condit's and Ramsey's names? Yes! None of them can discern Evil from Good.

Tricia
03-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Does anyone know if on a state level Ramsey will have to open up his finances for the world to see?

Plus Why_Nutt is so right when it comes to the JBR Foundation. It was the biggest farce. You can bet those papers are being faxed to the Democratic headquarters in MI.

BlueCrab
03-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Does anyone know if on a state level Ramsey will have to open up his finances for the world to see?

No, John won't have to disclosure his finances. The Center for Public Integrity, based in Washington D.C., surveyed all 50 states in 1999 regarding the required financial reporting of candidates for public office. Washington state ranked the highest, while Utah, Idaho, Michigan and Vermont tied for last place.

JMO

Charley
03-14-2004, 11:16 AM
My Goddness it never amazes me at what lengths the Ramsey's will go to remain in the spotlight. These two are always pulling and scheming....hello, look at me, my name hasn't been mentioned in the media in days.......

Toth
03-14-2004, 02:27 PM
They were not particularly in the spotlight prior to the murder and most definitely would have preferred to remain out of the spotlight entirely.
It was the BPD/DA-Hunter team that conducted a campaign of media intimidation against them rather than conducting a homicide investigation.
It was the tabloids that made money from the death of JonBenet Ramsey.
The fact that John Ramsey appears to be willing to enter public service is a testament to the failure of the tabloids and the BPD conspiracy.

K777angel
03-15-2004, 11:39 AM
They were not particularly in the spotlight prior to the murder and most definitely would have preferred to remain out of the spotlight entirely.
It was the BPD/DA-Hunter team that conducted a campaign of media intimidation against them rather than conducting a homicide investigation.
It was the tabloids that made money from the death of JonBenet Ramsey.
The fact that John Ramsey appears to be willing to enter public service is a testament to the failure of the tabloids and the BPD conspiracy.

LOL!!! A "testament to the failure of the tabloids and BPD conspiracy?" You have GOT to be kidding!! First of all, if that is what John Ramsey believes then it just further shows that he and his wife continue to live in a little shell hidden away from the REAL world. Out in the REAL world - the public continues to believe that John and Patsy Ramsey were involved in their daughter's death and cover-up. The evidence overwhelmingly points to that.
So for him to believe that is NOT the case regarding the public's sentiments and therefore run for public office on that basis - well, he is in for a BIG surprise. No one wants a murder suspect - and he STILL is - making decisions about their life, money and safety. What a joke!!
What arrogance and narcissism for him to even consider this.

And PLEASE - do NOT blame the tabloids for 'making money off the death of
JonBenet Ramsey' and leave out her OWN PARENTS who did the same!!
Sheesh!

Britt
03-15-2004, 12:59 PM
:laugh: Really? preferred to remain out of the spotlight entirely?

Narcissists in Action (http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/06/slain.girl/9701.01.ep.html)

:laugh: willing to enter public service?... as though anyone's asking him to? lol :D