PDA

View Full Version : Stacey's children *merged threads*

kpass
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where the 4 children were at the time. It sounds like something was brewing that whole day...DP calling sick, etc. Has anyone heard anything regarding where these children were...with relatives, friends?

...just wondering, that's all.

SuziQ
11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
From what I gather, the children were in the home during most of the day and for a short time, at Sharon's. One of the kids was very upset because Drew and Stacy had a big fight. The children were alone when Cassandra showed up at Drews house looking for Stacy lated on Sunday night.

Tom'sGirl
11-30-2007, 11:06 PM
From what I gather, the children were in the home during most of the day and for a short time, at Sharon's. One of the kids was very upset because Drew and Stacy had a big fight. The children were alone when
Stacy showed up at Drews house looking for Stacy lated on Sunday night.

Oops, you mean Cassandra :)

Cubby
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM
How old are the oldest two children, the ones Stacy adopted? I know her two biological children were not old enough to be alone. Is one old enough to be left alone and in charge of little ones according to Illinois law? I thought it was 14 before a child could "babysit" in Illinois.

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 12:11 AM
How old are the oldest two children, the ones Stacy adopted? I know her two biological children were not old enough to be alone. Is one old enough to be left alone and in charge of little ones according to Illinois law? I thought it was 14 before a child could "babysit" in Illinois.

13 & 14 years if age

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Oops, you mean Cassandra :)

I keep doing that!!! :doh:

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM

I don't know about Ill. but in most states it can be any age over 9, but if something goes wrong then the parents are responsible. In fact most children over the age of nine, when daycares stop watching kids, you can leave them alone. But again, if something goes wrong, the parents are held liable.

kpass
12-01-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm sure the older ones would be able to provide valuable information regarding what they fought about, etc. If she left 'willingly' with him or if he made her go with him. I can't stop thinking about these poor kids. Obviously he didn't kill her in the house if they were there...And, her car was still there, so she must have left with him. :waitasec:

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm sure the older ones would be able to provide valuable information regarding what they fought about, etc. If she left 'willingly' with him or if he made her go with him. I can't stop thinking about these poor kids. Obviously he didn't kill her in the house if they were there...And, her car was still there, so she must have left with him. :waitasec:

The 14 year old was/has been summoned for GJ testimony

mysteriew
12-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah, the 14 yo has been called for Grand Jury testimony. But he has been available to his father for a month now.

philamena
12-01-2007, 01:40 AM
That's the scary part. A month with DP possibly filling the kid's head with who knows what.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 01:49 AM

I think he did kill her in their bedroom. Hence the square rubbermaid tote. It would be much easier to do that than to hustle Stacy back and forth alive then dead. Drew also stated that when he woke up at 11am, Stacy was gone. She was dead by then IMO.

mysteriew
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I think he did kill her in their bedroom. Hence the square rubbermaid tote. It would be much easier to do that than to hustle Stacy back and forth alive then dead. Drew also stated that when he woke up at 11am, Stacy was gone. She was dead by then IMO.

That conversation with Bruce that am, was that by cellphone, landline or text? I am thinking it was text but I am not sure. If so, well we know at some point DrewP had control of the phone. Could he have faked a text on her phone?

nanandjim
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I read that Drew has made arrangements for his children to be take care of, just in case he is arrested. I feel certain that he will try to have Steve take custody. I hope that some high-powered attorney helps Cassandra get Stacy's children, or the cycle will continue.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
myster:

Bruce called Stacy's cell phone that morning at 10:00 A.M.

nanandjim:

With DP being so cocky and sure of himself and yet knowing that eventually it will all crumble down and he will be arrested, and yet he is in the house every day with the kids, I agree, he has made plans for Steve to be the guardian in his will or whatever.

But, Cassandra and family should be the ones that take care of them.....
Maybe Mark Fuhram can help them out on the legal end since he has been so involved???

cheko1
12-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I read that Drew has made arrangements for his children to be take care of, just in case he is arrested. I feel certain that he will try to have Steve take custody. I hope that some high-powered attorney helps Cassandra get Stacy's children, or the cycle will continue.

I heard his son Steve was to take them.

I wouldn't be to sure of that if I were DP.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I am so worried about the kids................Is anyone else?

They should not be in the same house with DP right now with all these new information coming out which is only going to make DP more stressed.

I just don't buy him saying "I have taken care of the kids" with his money, etc.

We have seen too much of this here at WS, where when the walls or LE close in.................tragic endings happen.

If Steve really cares about those children, he should do the right thing and remove them from any possible harms way.

englishleigh
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I heard his son Steve was to take them.

I wouldn't be to sure of that if I were DP.

I'll bet Anna Doman (Kathleen Savio's sister) will want Kathleen's two boys.

Leila
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM

I think DP did kill Stacy in the house, in the bedroom. The last phone call Stacy made was made about 10:00am to her sister's friend, Bruce, about going somewhere to paint that day. No one saw Stacy that day. I think they argued and he killed her in the bedroom. Policemen know a choke hold for subduing suspects. That choke hold is controversal as it can cause someone to pass out or die. So DP could easily grab Stacy and apply that choke hold before she had a chance to scream.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
She couldn't scream if she were being strangled.

nanandjim
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
She couldn't scream if she were being strangled.
I agree that she was strangled.

nanandjim
12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I'll bet Anna Doman (Kathleen Savio's sister) will want Kathleen's two boys.
I hope that she is able to get a good attorney and fight for them. These poor kids, especially these two older ones have been through hell.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Cassandra pointed out that Paul's hair has been dyed recently. After the report about the two men at the truck stop, now I am increasingly worried about the children. If these are the two men who are also totally in control of the children's well being at the moment...who knows what is taking place inside that home?!

DeltaDawn
12-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree SS..Who knows what is going on right now in that house?

Also makes me very concerned that Drew is requesting his property back from the search warrant..and that included many firearms....I don't feel comfortable with Drew being with the kids now at all. I'm sure Paul has probably brought some guns into the house by now also..this is not good at all. Add in the stress Drew must be feeling..you have the receipe for somethilng horrible happening in that house.

Add in that Cassandra feels his motorcycle is stashed somewhere close for a quick get away...I do not see Drew going peacefully at all when the time comes for his arrest.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Add in that Cassandra feels his motorcycle is stashed somewhere close for a quick get away...I do not see Drew going peacefully at all when the time comes for his arrest.Steve C.'s house is only 4 blocks away.

itsreenw
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Wondering if dp made changes in insurance policies in the weeks before Stacy's disappearance.

I couldn't believe that he actually had a clause in the court docs for the estate of Kathleen Savio saying he didn't have to provide for their sons' college tuitions because they were getting money from the estate. Even if they did get a substantial amount of money, what a greedy pig to not want to be liable for his kids' college funds.

He does not care about any of his kids. He has kids, cheats and beats on their mothers and moves on to the next victim. He has put his teenage sons through the trauma of losing 2 mothers, then spews slanderous remarks about both women on national tv. One can only wonder what he is brainwashing the kids to believe about their mothers.

I wish Gloria Allred would get involved here. I'm sure the Cales and Savios would appreciate someone with her knowledge and influence getting involved to light a match under CPS. This is not a situation where they can afford to wait any longer for 'proof' that something is wrong in the home. What more proof do ya need??

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
People have wondered about Life insurance policies on Stacy. This will eventually come out. I would bet my bottom dollar that he had a huge policy on her.

I don't think he changed anything beforehand unless Stacy had...then he would want to change things back.

Camper
12-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Where will the 4 smaller children go, when Drew is finally charged and or convicted?

I watched Greta last night and the interview with Kathleens folks. They seem to be borderline elderly, and hardly able to care for tiny children, imop. Kathleens sister looked not very well healthwise, don't really know, just my opinion.

Anyone know if Katherines children were officially adopted by Stacy, or just given to DP as the father?

The two children by Kathleen and DP would then be yet again disrupted and sent to NEW family living situations, AFTER DP is sent to prison. To accomplish where the children will go there would be a legal tangle to undo.

I feel such sorrow and compassion for the innocent children involved.

DeltaDawn
12-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Camper,
Kathy's children were officially adopted by Stacy after Kathy's death. I imagine they will try to keep all the children togather. Hopefully, Cassandra will get them..she has said she wants them..but Drew has asked Steve his son to take them if he goes to jail..so there may be a legal fight for the children

Vegas Bride
12-09-2007, 09:56 AM
If it turns out anyone else helped DrewP cover up this crime, that may affect who could get custody I would think. The 2 older children are old enough to speak up about who they would want to live with and that could play into it also. What's been done to these children is horrible and something they will have to deal with for life. Last night I saw a report on TV where a blond reporter interviewed DrewP outside his house and she asked him about how the children were doing, were they missing their mom? He shrugged that off as no, the little ones asked for her but that was it.

VB

Camper
12-09-2007, 10:06 AM
If it turns out anyone else helped DrewP cover up this crime, that may affect who could get custody I would think. The 2 older children are old enough to speak up about who they would want to live with and that could play into it also. What's been done to these children is horrible and something they will have to deal with for life. Last night I saw a report on TV where a blond reporter interviewed DrewP outside his house and she asked him about how the children were doing, were they missing their mom? He shrugged that off as no, the little ones asked for her but that was it.

VB

--->>>Well I think that is a liar liar pants on fire comment from DP. Small children missing their mom could be what would drive him up the wall!!!

I have forgotten the exact ages of them all, one son of Kathleens, I seem to remember is around 13 years old. My 13 year old grandson, is extremely savvy, wonder IF IF this son is combative in any way with DP ?, questioning etc.? You can be sure that HE knows or at least suspects DP in some way having a BIG part in his missing stepmom, particularly IF IF there have been fights previously.

He would at least be asking some questions of DP, don't you all think?? I am also guessing that this young man has friends that call him or text message him IF IF he has a cell phone ability.

My grandson communicates constantly with HIS friends at age 13.

I cannot believe that under this circumstance that the children have NOT been removed from the home by the state at least!!!!

Vegas Bride
12-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Since the 1 son talked with the grand jury I'd think if he said anything alarming there they would have seen he was not left in DrewP's custody, that makes me think he did not have anything alarming to say.
It's hard to know what the whole relationship between the older boys and Stacy was. They were involved with a very nasty divorce between their mother and father and saw a lot then between Kathleen and Stacy, losing their mother like they did I would expect they would have very mixed feelings about Stacy because of her being involved. We have to remember also that these boys have been trained by DrewP in how to view women, they are there to be controlled and take care of his house to his standards.

VB

nanandjim
12-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Camper,
Kathy's children were officially adopted by Stacy after Kathy's death. I imagine they will try to keep all the children togather. Hopefully, Cassandra will get them..she has said she wants them..but Drew has asked Steve his son to take them if he goes to jail..so there may be a legal fight for the children
I do hope that a good lawyer will help Cassandra probono if this happens. I also think that they may ask the two older children where they want to be placed if there is more than one relative/friend that wants to raise them.

Pocono Sleuther
12-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I am certain he holds the key to what happened in Stacy and Drew's bedroom that day. Has DP ever let this child out of his sight? Can the police compel Drew to allow them to interview Kris?

He told Sharon he was scared and that he head his parents fighting. He's 13 years old so he has the ability to speak up on his own vs the younger children. I am convinced this boy knows the entire truth. Since Stacy adopted him legally after KS death, that would make CC a legal relative. Right? Does that give CC the option of fighting for custody or even visitation of Kris given DP's erratic and questionably sane behavior? If she could get visitation, could she then allow police to quesiton Kris in regards to what he heard and saw and the goings on inside the home prior to the murder and in the weeks following?

mysteriew
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
They either did or are compelling Kris to testify before the Grand Jury.

I don't know the legal ramifications of the adoption. Kathleen was never declared not his mother and now she is dead. I would think that her family would have the right to fight for custody, yet as Stacy adopted the kids- her family would also have the right to go for custody.

I do wish they would do so. I worry about those kids being there with Drew P for fear of what his actions will be if they come to arrest him. But I especially fear for Kris, as I don't know what the attitude toward him will be at home, esp if he knows something.

Leila
12-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I watched the repeat of Greta late last night and I listened carefully to what Cassandra said about the events of that day. She said that she went to the Peterson home at about 11:00pm with the excuse that she had forgotten to give Kris his fund-raising money. She said that Kris told her that his mom and dad had a fight and that his dad was out looking for Stacy. She also said that Kris told her about Stacy going to visit her grandpa. Then Cassandra said Kris said something - in relation to Stacy going to visit grandpa - that she declined to state.

I think Cassandra declining to tell exactly what Kris said to her is a means of protecting him. If she were to say publicly that Kris told her something that was ominous and would incriminate DP, it might make things difficult for Kris, having to live in that home with DP.

One thing we know, is that after her brief conversation with Kris, Cassandra called DP on his cell phone and shortly after decided to file a missing person report. She went to Downer Groves police dept. and was sent to Bolingbrook police dept.

I think that whatever it is that Kris told Cassandra, that she declines to state, was enough to confirm to Cassandra that something bad had happened.

SeriouslySearching
12-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I am concerned we are including the children on their own thread, but now to single one out...I am not sure is appropriate. He is a victim and a minor. Even tho his name is in the NE and other outlets...I am just not comfortable with this personally.

NascarMom
12-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I am concerned we are including the children on their own thread, but now to single one out...I am not sure is appropriate. He is a victim and a minor. Even tho his name is in the NE and other outlets...I am just not comfortable with this personally.

I have to agree with that. If something were said on this public forum that unintentionally caused harm to one of the children that would be sad indeed. I sincerely hope Children's Services can get involved at some level and have them removed temporarily for their own protection. That should be a first priority IMO, and given DPs erratic behaviors.

Tom'sGirl
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM

I agree, we already have a thread Stacy's Children here
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56860

ThoughtFox
12-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Gosh - I haven't thought about this as much as I should have. The two older ones have now lost two Moms, not just one. :mad: And both times they must have heard people talking about their father being involved. How can these children cope?

It really is sad, Camper, and I can't imagine what the other relatives are going through thinking of those kids with that guy.

concernedperson
12-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Gosh - I haven't thought about this as much as I should have. The two older ones have now lost two Moms, not just one. :mad: And both times they must have heard people talking about their father being involved. How can these children cope?

It really is sad, Camper, and I can't imagine what the other relatives are going through thinking of those kids with that guy.

Again, it is the children who must suffer the consequences of adult action. When will society value and recognize that children don't have a plan in this but rather are relegated to whatever is around them? It is extremely sad as the nation watches this unfold.

Not a lot of protection going on for them...even in a temporary mode.

Littledeer
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
The children have not been mentioned at all. Not even by their OWN FATHER, except to say how it has disrupted (his) their lives.

This is not the place to go on about the father (meaning how I feel about DP). But I am sitting here imagining a 15, 13, 4, and 2 year old children in a house that has seen who knows what. We know they have seen some TV footage, outside with the media, outside with some hateful posters, going to school (possibly) and hearing gossip.

If DP is guilty, then what IS he saying to these young children??? How will they later, as they grow up, try to understand when it is found that DP was guilty?

Or, if DP is not guilty, they will still have to live with all of the inUenundos of when Dad was once suspected of being a murderer.

panthera
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
This is so sad. :( I'd imagine if DP is convicted of killing either Kathleen or Stacy (which seems like a ways off now) that the 2 older kids he had with Kathleen might go to one of Kathleen's or DP's family but the 2 with Stacy go to someone in her family.

ThoughtFox
12-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Camper: You'll be happy to know that the Minister on Greta tonight made a statement that other people who know something about either Kathleen or Stacy should come forward for the sake of the four children - he was very clear about why he was speaking out.

I thought of your thread when he said that! :blowkiss:

Cubby
12-11-2007, 04:53 AM
This is so sad. :( I'd imagine if DP is convicted of killing either Kathleen or Stacy (which seems like a ways off now) that the 2 older kids he had with Kathleen might go to one of Kathleen's or DP's family but the 2 with Stacy go to someone in her family.

I think you are right. If not convicted all 4 will stay with DP. IF convicted according to Illinois law grounds exist for termination of parental rights and DP should lose parental rights to all 4. The two younger children would go to SP's family, the two older are at an age a judge would consider where they wish to stay.

DP has certainly made a clown out of himself and has a circus act of his own. It's obvious he has no concern for any of his children, minor or adult.

Camper
12-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Camper: You'll be happy to know that the Minister on Greta tonight made a statement that other people who know something about either Kathleen or Stacy should come forward for the sake of the four children - he was very clear about why he was speaking out.

I thought of your thread when he said that! :blowkiss:

--->>>Thank you bringing my thread up out of the deepy dark belows.
I brought the topic of the children up because they do deserve some careful thoughtfulness.

We as a society should have a carefully thought out plan of how to help the remaining children from day one. Right now it appears as IF everyone is playing it by ear, but what are the consequences of doing just 'that'?

You can be certain that the older children, now left in the home with DP, will carry heartache for the rest of their lives. I really do not believe they deserve to hear DP's spin story each day either.

I have watched the COP show just briefly a couple of times, and have been stricken by the police toting away a crying baby, when the mother is hauled off to jail.

My son a duputy of long standing pictured in the newspaper holding a tiny baby getting into the crime van, after his mother and grandparents had been murdered by the baby's father.

TGIRecovered
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
My son a duputy of long standing pictured in the newspaper holding a tiny baby getting into the crime van, after his mother and grandparents had been murdered by the baby's father.

What a heartwrenching thing you saw. Thank God for sons like yours, as I am sure he must be a kind and compassionate man.
You are a good person, Camper. :blowkiss:

Susan

cheko1
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Awwwwwww Camper that is so sad!

I don't understand why the kids are left in the situation. I did hear that DP was paid a visit by the agency ( forget the name of the agency)in regards to the kids....They did nothing so it was a waste of time.

I guess I don't understand why Drew feels the kids would be better off with his son Steve. Is it a ploy to keep them away from Stacy's family? I've heard that DP & Steve (his son) are very close. At no point has it been stated Steves wife wanted them or is even close to them.

The 2 & 4 yr olds both need nurturing & lots of love shown to them since Stacy is missing. Are they getting it? DP seems totally uncaring about the kids. What a sad time of the year for the kids......

AdoraBlue
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I posted the facetious question, "Where is Gloria Allred?" in another thread yesterday, but on a serious note, is there an attorney in Illinois with her "audacity" and "noteriety" (my words :p) to stand up for these children, trying to ensure their well-being?

SuziQ
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I posted the facetious question, "Where is Gloria Allred?" in another thread yesterday, but on a serious note, is there an attorney in Illinois with her "audacity" and "noteriety" (my words :p) to stand up for these children, trying to ensure their well-being?

Only if a court appoints one and there is a need for one. Such as in a custody dispute or DFS involvement.

AdoraBlue
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Does Illinois law definitively preclude a "disinterested" third party from filing a complaint regarding the children's welfare, such as Allred did with Michael Jackson's children?

Seems to me that the report of an unreported gunshot inside the home could be a basis for investigation into child endangerment.

DeltaDawn
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I think Drew would want the kids to go to Steve because he wouldn't want them talking about the home life in general with Stacy's or Kathy's relatives.

mysteriew
12-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Does Illinois law definitively preclude a "disinterested" third party from filing a complaint regarding the children's welfare, such as Allred did with Michael Jackson's children?

Seems to me that the report of an unreported gunshot inside the home could be a basis for investigation into child endangerment.

That wouldn't make a lot of difference unless they could prove that a.) DrewP fired the shot and b.) that the children were in the home and somewhere near. And you better believe that DrewP will blame it on Stacy. Since she is no longer in the home, they wouldn't see a problem.

The fact that it wasn't reported is a police policy issue. I don't think there is any law that says you can't fire a weapon in a home as long as it is your home and you aren't endangering anyone. Where it became an issue is that allegedly the gun was his service weapon and any time it is fired it is supposed to be reported.