PDA

View Full Version : Truck Drivers Alert!

Pages : [1] 2

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Jamie Colby on Fox is reporting that ISP is releasing a statement that Drew Peterson and another white male with salt and pepper hair approached 2 truck drivers at a truck stop and asked them to carry a package to an undisclosed location on October 29th. The drivers said that DP would later pick up the package because the semi would not be able to reach the location where it was to be delivered.

They are asking other drivers who might have been approached to please contact police.

Jaded
12-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow - this story just gets crazier by the day.

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 07:29 PM
As I understood it, the incident took place at 3:00 a.m. on October 29th.

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Could this be the truckstop?

Greater I-55 Truck Stop
510 S Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook, Illinois 60440 US

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 07:40 PM
And if I am not mistaken, Cassandra's report to LE was at 4:00 A.M.

So dp was still running his "acts" around as a cop to have alibi's, help, etc. to ensure in the following days after Stacy was once declared to be missing, that he was innocent.

He doesn't deserve his initials in capital anymore.

Where was this truck stop located at? Any facts on this on?

Camper
12-01-2007, 07:49 PM
WHO was with the children at that hour ?, I am guessing NO ONE!!

Someone needs to call the all night radio talk show program called
www.CoasttoCoastAM.com (http://www.CoasttoCoastAM.com)

IT is a six hour show, and TONS AND TONS of truckers listen to this while on the road. IT is on hundreds and hundreds of local stations all across America.

Wondering IF IF IF any money was paid to any of the truckers???

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 07:56 PM
A little further info from the America's Most Wanted woman still on FoxNews.

The two truckers reported this information today to investigators.
The two men said: "Once you drop the package off, we will go to that location and retrieve it."
Investigators are not revealing the location.

She said the time was about 3:30 A.M.

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Since Thomas was already dropped off at home, who could the other chubby, 50ish year old with salt and peppered hair be?

Brother Paul?????

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Since Thomas was already dropped off at home, who could the other chubby, 50ish year old with salt and peppered hair be?

Brother Paul?????
Hmmmmm.

Camper
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
A little further info from the America's Most Wanted woman still on FoxNews.

The two truckers reported this information today to investigators.
The two men said: "Once you drop the package off, we will go to that location and retrieve it."
Investigators are not revealing the location.

She said the time was about 3:30 A.M.

--->>>Wonder exactly where they were to DROP it off? Also wonder WHO would HAVE known where it was to pick up and and and IF IF IF it has been picked up YET?

I sent emails to the program, so possibly could dig up a lead from 'a' trucker about 'something'.

Ol' DP must have a big ol network of 'helpie' people!

Saw his attorney today, still trying to punch his way out of a bag with big holes in it.

dee10134
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Could this be the truckstop?

Greater I-55 Truck Stop
510 S Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook, Illinois 60440 US

Yes. That is the only truck stop in the immediate area. There's a big circular 55 sign over the truck stop and is 2 blocks from I-55. There's also a restaurant there.

DP made a BIG mistake asking a trucker to transport his "package." I do wonder why in the world it took so long for them to talk, or do you think LE kept it under wraps for so long to confirm it?

Dobler
12-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe that's where the $25,000 went. For Delivery.

Camper
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Yes. That is the only truck stop in the immediate area. There's a big circular 55 sign over the truck stop and is 2 blocks from I-55. There's also a restaurant there.

DP made a BIG mistake asking a trucker to transport his "package." I do wonder why in the world it took so long for them to talk, or do you think LE kept it under wraps for so long to confirm it?

--->>>I am thinking that DP's picture showed up once too many times and he was SEEN by the truckers. Also thinking that truckers do not watch much TV, ya think?

cheko1
12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe that's where the $25,000 went. For Delivery.

I bet thats where the 25 grand went!!!
He needed the body transported away
they say over at find stacy.com that he
was gone for 3 days. So he probably got
a trucker to deliver the pkg for 25 grand &
told him to keep quiet!!!!!!

cheko1
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Wonder what Brodsky is going to say about this?
Truckers are all habitual liars? He might have a
truck up his arse if he does........

MysteryAddict
12-01-2007, 08:15 PM
No wonder Drew has been so cocky while everybody concentrated on the blue barrel in water, which was probably a red herring to side track LE all along!!
Oh, he thought he was so smart!

Yeah, the missing chorine barrel. Right, it's missing, but Stacy wasn't in it.

He's been laughing about this all along.

But now, watch out Drew. It's time to start sweating!
LE is on your trail.

We may see a different affect soon, now that news has come out about the package being turned over to
truckers at 3AM on Oct. 29th!

Watch out Drew- now we're getting serious!!

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Hmmmmm.

Does he have salt and pepper hair? If he does, I can see him scurrying to get a bottle or Clairol!

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:17 PM
--->>>I am thinking that DP's picture showed up once too many times and he was SEEN by the truckers. Also thinking that truckers do not watch much TV, ya think?

And now we may finally have the reason why ol' slick was donning that bandana right after the case broke!

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 08:20 PM

IT is a six hour show, and TONS AND TONS of truckers listen to this while on the road. IT is on hundreds and hundreds of local stations all across America.

You are so correct about coast to coast. I've listened to them myself on road trips.

pjop
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
WOW!!! Interesting developments indeed. Hopefully, it won't be long now.

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Brother Paul?????

The photo of Paul on the left here looks like a 'rug' or a hair dye.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1815912&postcount=53
Maybe he does have salt'n'pepper colored hair normally, dunno???

Dobler
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Paul is stocky & it does look like a fresh dye-job. Could be him.

Camper
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I am also wondering IF IF IF the money could have been in the package for the person who was to do the final disposing of her body?

I kinda doubt that the first truckers got any money, but ya never know.

Took a look at the picture of PAUL. That is definitely a dye job!!! Trust me, and the cut looks pro too. BETCHA that was part of their plan to make him look ->Differnt'. Wonder when he got the dye job??? IT looks fresh!!

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM

I was just looking at that pic of Paul and was thinking the same thing. Sure looks like there could be some hair coloring on his locks, imo!

RandyMucha
http://i7.tinypic.com/8ab7thv.jpg

Littledeer
I had actuallythougt that DP had Stacy very close by, and laughing his arse off. (I will admit I was wrong on that theory)

But he is a cop after all.................He never stopped after taking Tom home that night with (this sounds so bad, and I hate myself for typing it) making sure Stacy is taken care of so there wouldn't be any "evidence" to arrest him.

RandyMucha
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
LE needs to get flyers posted at truck stops around the country with pics and info. Some unsuspecting trucker who isn't from around here may have taken the "package" for some cash and dropped it off anywhere.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
If you look at the build, it looks like Paul. Add a little gray to his hair.....

IMO, that is definately Paul.

Camper
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM

--->>>Well for sure his mug looks like it needs a shave, and that hair is NOT as dark as his hair!! Just let his whiskers grow out, plus his skin tone tells the tale about his hair.

Dobler
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I agree Randy, also by CB radio and Sirius/ XM stations.

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Or maybe DP dear loyal friend and defender, Steve, had another gambling debt he needed to have paid off???

http://i17.tinypic.com/7wr0x1z.jpg

SuziQ
LE needs to get flyers posted at truck stops around the country with pics and info. Some unsuspecting trucker who isn't from around here may have taken the "package" for some cash and dropped it off anywhere.

Where would the package go to where it would be safe on the other end, from someone discovering the contents?

Tom'sGirl
Thank you Randy, we have a photo link thread (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56028) I only copied the link to the photo there to save space.

athy
12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
think i'm going to make a phone call to my daughter who is a truck driver with her hubby and make sure they pass the info on.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Lol, as soon as I hit submit on my post 32, it occured to me that Drew was never going to pick up the package. The person on the other end was going to dispose of it.

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
If you look at the build, it looks like Paul. Add a little gray to his hair.....IMO, that is definately Paul.

LOL, yes LD that is Paul in the photo. He's standing at his brother's garage door reaching up to close the door.

I would have to review old videos and do a screen cap to get other photos of him. It didn't appear to me in what I saw in those videos that his hair was that color.

nanandjim
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
You guys do know that the truck drivers refused to transport the package. So, we are back to square one.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
think i'm going to make a phone call to my daughter who is a truck driver with her hubby and make sure they pass the info on.

Thank you

Schmerty_Jones
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Lol, as soon as I hit submit on my post 32, it occured to me that Drew was never going to pick up the package. The person on the other end was going to dispose of it.

Exactly my thoughts. Now the problem is will the driver come forward before Drew makes:( him "disappear"???

Dobler
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe the first ones didn't, but possibly another did.

Schmerty_Jones
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
You guys do know that the truck drivers refused to transport the package. So, we are back to square one.

OH! Did everyone refuse?

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info.nan.

I think they still would be interested in knowing the size and shape of the package these two men had asked to be transported.

Lisa Too
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Here's the story according to the local nbc news channel:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/14748085/detail.html?dl=mainclick

I'll post this in the media link too.

athy
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
i realised they refused but i'm wondering if they were the only ones asked or were there others asked.

Liz
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM

Actually, we only know that the two truck drivers who refused to transport the container came forward. We don't know that other truck drivers who may have been approached didn't transport the package though. That is the reason for the ISP's press release.

TG, the ISP stated the the two truck drivers who came forward did not see the 'package'.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
So there's DP and a male with "salt and pepper" hair being told "no" by trucker.

What next..............do they walk around..heck it's a TRUCK STOP...lot's of other truckers there. GET THE BULLETIN OUT!

Or did they just take care of the "package" on their own?

Any facts on where this truck stop is located at yet?

Angelray
12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Sounds like that could explain the bandana to me too.. but would this also mean there would have to also be somebody else on the other end to receive
the package and hold till DP got there?? I thought Scott Peterson took the jerk prize but I believe this guy is has topped him.. sorry just had to air..

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually, we only know that the two truck drivers who refused to transport the container came forward. We don't know that other truck drivers who may have been approached didn't transport the package though. That is the reason for the ISP's press release.

TG, the ISP stated the the two truck drivers who came forward did not see the 'package'.

Bummer! :(

grace60
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
So there's DP and a male with "salt and pepper" hair being told "no" by trucker.

What next..............do they walk around..heck it's a TRUCK STOP...lot's of other truckers there. GET THE BULLETIN OUT!

Or did they just take care of the "package" on their own?

Any facts on where this truck stop is located at yet?

They usually have several cameras inside and out in the parking lots. But it has been more than 30 days the tapes may be recorded over. I was wondering if maybe the cadaver dogs could get a scent of her?

Liz
12-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Bummer! :(

But then again, its probably in LE's best interest not to show their entire hand, you know? ;)

I think I can feel DP sweating bullets!

Liz
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Jamie Colby on Fox News now, speaking of the ISP press release!

Jaded
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM

All I can say is, those Peterson boys sure got the short end of the stick on the handsome gene. Blah!

grace60
But then again, its probably in LE's best interest not to show their entire hand, you know? ;)

I think I can feel DP sweating bullets!

Stacy's sister posted that someone came forward with a lot of stuff. They are being interviewed by Newsweek now. Watch for it to come out when the new issue hits the stands

SuziQ
Everytime I look at that picture of Paul with that rediculous dye job, I wonder what explanation he gave to his friends, wife and family for doing that?

dee10134
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
No wonder Drew has been so cocky while everybody concentrated on the blue barrel in water, which was probably a red herring to side track LE all along!!
Oh, he thought he was so smart!

Yeah, the missing chorine barrel. Right, it's missing, but Stacy wasn't in it.

He's been laughing about this all along.

But now, watch out Drew. It's time to start sweating!
LE is on your trail.

We may see a different affect soon, now that news has come out about the package being turned over to
truckers at 3AM on Oct. 29th!

Watch out Drew- now we're getting serious!!

3 A.M. is a mighty strange time to mail a package Drew! I can't wait until they lock his ass up!

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Liz:

Bullets are too kind...............

I hope he is sweating "Stacy's and Kathleens" death" on or around him.

He is being squeezed by both the dead people and people who loved them and others that care about justice being served. Won't be long now.

Even Albert Eistein made mistakes!!!! (Just making a funny that DP thinks he is so smart)

Dobler
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
3 A.M. is a mighty strange time to mail a package Drew! I can't wait until they lock his ass up!

Funny you say that, Brodsky mentioned on Greta's show that 4 a.m. was a strange time for Cassandra to report Stacy missing.

Angelray
12-01-2007, 09:13 PM

What was he doing out at that time of morning? Closing down the bars???:D

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Even though the two truck drivers did not see the "package" they were told of
the location it was to go to. And, that sounds fairly important to me.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Whew, all is not lost then. LE should be able to connect known associates to that location. Should be able to, I'm still reeling from the fact LE didn't ask for the Krspy Kreme tape.

Taximom
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Brodsky better watch out. Truck drivers won't put up with "that tells you about their character" comments!

I would have to say that this package no longer looks like a blue barrel. It had to be boxed or wrapped somehow so that it wouldn't make someone suspicious. Fortunately we have at least 2 truck drivers with great character and WERE suspicious. It's just too bad they didn't agree and then take the box to LE.

It will also be interesting to find out if Drew threw in that he was a policeman or not. You know, you can trust me it's just some Christmas presents blah blah blah.

Liz
12-01-2007, 09:26 PM

That's huge! :)

There is also a mention of the truck drivers being approached in this article:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.search.2.600115.html

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Remember, part of the "story" had to do with the final location being a place where semis couldn't go.

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 09:29 PM
"And in a press release sent out by the Illinois State Police Saturday, authorities reported that on October 29 at approximately 3:30 am, two truck drivers were approached by two men at a truck stop in Bolingbrook. In the release, officials stated one of the two men is believed to be Drew Peterson and the other described as a white male, early 50's, salt-and-pepper hair, with a stocky build.

The two men requested the truck drivers transport a package to an undisclosed location. Upon reaching the location, the men would regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers."

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Taxi:

Obviously DP wasn't dressed up at a cop or the truck drivers would have mentioned that. So, you have a couple of drivers who are approached by DP and another male, asking hey, could you guys take another "package" on your trip??

As drivers that would be a "no no" as they are paid by the mile delivering whatever they have to point A to point B.

dee10134
12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
"And in a press release sent out by the Illinois State Police Saturday, authorities reported that on October 29 at approximately 3:30 am, two truck drivers were approached by two men at a truck stop in Bolingbrook. In the release, officials stated one of the two men is believed to be Drew Peterson and the other described as a white male, early 50's, salt-and-pepper hair, with a stocky build.

The two men requested the truck drivers transport a package to an undisclosed location. Upon reaching the location, the men would regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers."

So did the men actually agree to take the package for DP and mystery man? Where's the info on that?

dee10134
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Wanna bet that undisclosed location was somewhere in Shorewood?

dee10134
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACTS:
December 1, 2007 Trooper Mark T. Dorencz #4848
Safety Education Officer
Illinois State Police - District 5
(815) 726-6377 Ext. 271
JOLIET – On October 29, 2007 at approximately 3:30 am, two truck drivers were approached by two men at a truck stop in Bolingbrook , IL. One of the two men is believed to be Drew Peterson and the other described as a white male, early 50’s, salt-and-pepper hair, with a stocky build. The two men requested the truck drivers to transport a package to an undisclosed location. Upon reaching the location, the men would regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers.
Anyone having a similar encounter is asked to contact the Illinois State Police at
815-740-0678 or America’s Most Wanted Hotline at 1-800-CRIME TV.

i.b.nora
12-01-2007, 09:43 PM
So did the men actually agree to take the package for DP and mystery man? Where's the info on that?
No. Jamie Colby reported on TV.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
And now we may finally have the reason why ol' slick was donning that bandana right after the case broke!That was my first thought, too! LOL

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Wanna bet that undisclosed location was somewhere in Shorewood?I will take that bet! I bet it wasn't! He wanted that "package" taken far away from that area.

Taximom
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Taxi:

Obviously DP wasn't dressed up at a cop or the truck drivers would have mentioned that. So, you have a couple of drivers who are approached by DP and another male, asking hey, could you guys take another "package" on your trip??

As drivers that would be a "no no" as they are paid by the mile delivering whatever they have to point A to point B.

I never said "dressed". I just wondered if he tried using that when they refused.

Liz
12-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know what DP's longtime friend, Michael Robinson, looks like? Afterall, he did refuse to take a polygraph.

I'm thinking after DP dropped Thomas off at home, that he must have taken the 'package' and transferred it into someone else's vehicle, since both Drew and Stacy's vehicles were in the driveway at 2:30 am when Cassandra checked. Right?

Article which mentions Michael Robinson's refusal to take polygraph:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/peterson.disappearance.barrel.2.597160.html

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
SS:

DP made a false trail leading to Steve Rosseto's, then made other false trails with the "barrel"............ (thinking like a cop)

He's been on a hunt on it his own trying to outwit his fellow brothers in blue.

But I thought Tom Morphey coming forward was going to break this case, but it's not...........sooner or later DP was going to think he outsmart his own.........

He has to be really really sweating bullets now with the information that truck drivers have seen him asking them to take a package.

Check your pm's.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Taxi:

I know you didn't say dressed, I did!!

curiositycat
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes, you are right Camper. This is a favorite of truckers. I used to listen to this program years ago when I worked swing shift and was driving home late, late at night.
I can't get it up here in the Rockies, BUMMER!

chicoliving
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know what DP's longtime friend, Michael Robinson, looks like? Afterall, he did refuse to take a polygraph.

I'm thinking after DP dropped Thomas off at home, that he must have taken the 'package' and transferred it into someone else's vehicle, since both Drew and Stacy's vehicles were in the driveway at 2:30 am when Cassandra checked. Right?

Article which mentions Michael Robinson's refusal to take polygraph:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/peterson.disappearance.barrel.2.597160.html

Yes....not sure if Drew was home cause it doesn't mention what phone they called but it sounds as if Drew was home at that time. If so, he then musta left to troll for truckers if their sighting is at 3 am.

2:30 a.m.: Cales and her friend Bruce Zidarich drove by the Petersons' home and said both cars were in the driveway, so Zidarich called Drew Peterson. "Bruce said, 'Where's Stacy?'" Bosco said. 'And Drew said, 'She's left me.' And he said, 'The car was at the whatchamacallit.' And Bruce asked, 'What's the whatchamacallit?' and Drew said, 'Wait a second, let me get my head on straight.' Then he said, 'She left the car at the airport and she took $25,000,' and was going to either Jamaica or Bahamas."

4 a.m.: Cales reported Stacy Peterson missing to Illinois State Police.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_29nov29,0,2276631.story

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
THAT is why his/her cell phone pinged that particular tower and the reason LE has been looking in the canal right near the truck stop!!!

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:13 PM
chico:

snip.....

2:30 a.m.: Cales and her friend Bruce Zidarich drove by the Petersons' home and said both cars were in the driveway, so Zidarich called Drew Peterson. "Bruce said, 'Where's Stacy?'" Bosco said. 'And Drew said, 'She's left me.' And he said, 'The car was at the whatchamacallit.' And Bruce asked, 'What's the whatchamacallit?' and Drew said, 'Wait a second, let me get my head on straight.' Then he said, 'She left the car at the airport and she took $25,000,' and was going to either Jamaica or Bahamas." snip...

Where did this come from?? I don't remember ever seeing this statement??

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:14 PM
SS:

How close is the truck stop to the canal?

Liz
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
According to Jamie Colby's blog (scroll down to Nov 8th), she talked to a neighbor (I'm thinking Sharon) and the neighbor told her Drew was allegedly staying at his long time friend and former fellow Bolingbrook police officer, Michael Robinson's house.

http://colbyfiles.blogs.foxnews.com/page/2/

ETA another link that mentions Michael Robinson
http://www.wbbm780.com/Missing-Barrel-Investigated-In-Peterson-Case/1260370

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Cassandra at http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=581.0

Post #9, responds to someone's question asking what the person with the new info has for newsweek that should be out tomorrow. Cassandra said:

Enough To Put DP Away For Life In Prison

dee10134
12-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I will take that bet! I bet it wasn't! He wanted that "package" taken far away from that area.

It couldn't be THAT far if DP and accomplice were going to meet the trucker to pick up the package.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
It couldn't be THAT far if DP and accomplice were going to meet the trucker to pick up the package.

I think there was someone on the other end to receive it, IMO.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
It couldn't be THAT far if DP and accomplice were going to meet the trucker to pick up the package.He might have lined up the person with him to meet them elsewhere. Although, Drew did take a 3 day trip. I KNEW they should have had him under surveillance then! Boy, did they blow it!!

philamena
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
DP isn't as smart as he thinks he is.
IF the trucker story is true that not only explains the 25,000 bucks but it explains the pings like SS mentioned above.
Is anyone at the findstacey site predicting/guessing when there will be an arrest?

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
SS:

When was DP ever missing for three days??? And if he was, how was it NOT noticed by the media or even us here at WS?

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
SS:

How close is the truck stop to the canal?VERY close. A couple of blocks maybe?

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:29 PM
SS:

When was DP ever missing for three days??? And if he was, how was it NOT noticed by the media or even us here at WS?It was very early on during the initial days. I don't have the exact dates, but I believe it was while his other son had the children. (Right after Halloween, I think.) I will check on that.

Tom'sGirl
12-01-2007, 10:34 PM
SS:

When was DP ever missing for three days??? And if he was, how was it NOT noticed by the media or even us here at WS?

IIRC the Media were not aware that DP had left for New York to do the 'Today Show' so obvisously he is able to leave without being detected, or was able to in the past.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Peterson Rips 'Package' Claim as Work of 'Crazies'

"I think it's a couple of more crazies coming out of the woodwork," Peterson told ABC News. "I got girlfriends from 30 years coming out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for my seventh grade prom date to say that I was a bad kisser."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3941571&page=2

Hahahahaha! He is calling the truck drivers CRAZIEShttp://www.asylumcam.com/forum/smileys/smiley29.gif!!! OMG!!! LMAO

dee10134
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
He might have lined up the person with him to meet them elsewhere. Although, Drew did take a 3 day trip. I KNEW they should have had him under surveillance then! Boy, did they blow it!!

Did I miss something? When did DP take a 3-day trip???

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
What, he beat BRODSKY to saying they were crazy??

PLEASE, ET, DON'T CALL HOME, JUST TAKE THESE TWO UP.

cricket
12-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Peterson Rips 'Package' Claim as Work of 'Crazies'

"I think it's a couple of more crazies coming out of the woodwork," Peterson told ABC News. "I got girlfriends from 30 years coming out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for my seventh grade prom date to say that I was a bad kisser."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3941571&page=2

Hahahahaha! He is calling the truck drivers CRAZIEShttp://www.asylumcam.com/forum/smileys/smiley29.gif!!! OMG!!! LMAO

Oh course. Everyone is crazy. Everyone except the person who wrote the anonymous letter saying that Stacy is alive and in Peoria!

dee10134
12-01-2007, 10:41 PM
VERY close. A couple of blocks maybe?

SS, the truck stop is NOT a couple of blocks from the Sanitary Canal. It's more like a mile and a half to to miles north of it.

Littledeer
12-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Even a mile or two is more than close enough to the Sanitary Canal..........

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
It was very early on during the initial days. I don't have the exact dates, but I believe it was while his other son had the children. (Right after Halloween, I think.) I will check on that.The kids went to stay with their half brother on 11-2. Now, I have to find out where Drew was during that time.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
SS, the truck stop is NOT a couple of blocks from the Sanitary Canal. It's more like a mile and a half to to miles north of it.Oh, sorry...just looked it up on the map and it sure didn't look that far from the canal at all!! :confused: Go look on the google map and see how close it looks! (We could be talking about two different locations on the canal, too.)

wicket
12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I knew a cross country trucker pretty well once, and they have quite a communications network. Plus, many of them now have satellite TV's in their trucks. Plus there are TV's positioned all over the restaurants and rest areas. They will locate the truckers because someone heard someone talk. They did nothing wrong.
DP now has a sign on his lawn that reads, 'No Trespassing'. You would think that someone who has a wife missing would be more open and welcoming to people. What happened to the DP we knew who liked the media?:loser:

dee10134
12-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh, sorry...just looked it up on the map and it sure didn't look that far from the canal at all!! :confused: Go look on the google map and see how close it looks! (We could be talking about two different locations on the canal, too.)

No, I'm talking about the closest part to the truck stop, I-53 (Bolingrook Drive) and Joliet Road. It's about 2 miles south on I-53.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Lemme check again. The truck stop I was looking at was on I-55.

MyLilElves
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I've read a lot on here but certainly not everything so forgive me if this has already been addressed. How do we know the 25k is really missing? If the money was in a safe at the house couldn't DP fabricate how much was/is in there. Is there anything solid with this 25k?

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I've read a lot on here but certainly not everything so forgive me if this has already been addressed. How do we know the 25k is really missing? If the money was in a safe at the house couldn't DP fabricate how much was/is in there. Is there anything solid with this 25k?

IMO, saying you had 25K in your house is going to create too many questions. I am not sure why, but there was a reason Drew said 25K. My bet it's going to be found in transaction records and he has to account for it.

cricket
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM

All we have is Drew's word. Which IMO, is worth zip.

dee10134
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Lemme check again. The truck stop I was looking at was on I-55.

It's not on I-55, LOL. It's called the Greater Chicago I-55 Truck Stop. I-55 is a major expressway in Chicagoland. There are no businesses lining it, instead they are located on Frontage roads and on Exits of the expressway.

This truck stop is located off of Exit 267 (IL-53) of Interstate 55.

Here's the truck stop's website if you're interested: http://www.greaterchicagoi55.com/

MyLilElves
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I was just asking because I don't feel that the 25k is what was in the package the truckers were approached about.

IMO, saying you had 25K in your house is going to create too many questions. I am not sure why, but there was a reason Drew said 25K. My bet it's going to be found in transaction records and he has to account for it.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
It's not on I-55, LOL. It's called the Greater Chicago I-55 Truck Stop. I-55 is a major expressway in Chicagoland. There are no businesses lining it, instead they are located on Frontage roads and on Exits of the expressway.

This truck stop is located off of Exit 267 (IL-53) of Interstate 55.

Here's the truck stop's website if you're interested: http://www.greaterchicagoi55.com/ That is the same one.
Greater Chicago I-55 Truck Plz (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=7641447002947689758,41.692840,-88.016060&time=&date=&ttype=&q=I-55+Truck+stop&near=Bolingbrook,+IL&sll=41.681118,-88.062286&sspn=0.145643,0.32547&ie=UTF8&latlng=41681997,-88067713,18341510644931779168&ei=LyRSR4vyD6eoigHrgbm7Aw&cd=1) - more info » (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=7641447002947689758,41.692840,-88.016060&time=&date=&ttype=&q=I-55+Truck+stop&near=Bolingbrook,+IL&sll=41.681118,-88.062286&sspn=0.145643,0.32547&ie=UTF8&latlng=41681997,-88067713,18341510644931779168&ei=LyRSR4vyD6eoigHrgbm7Aw&cd=1)
510 S Bolingbrook Dr, Bolingbrook, IL
(630) 739-7006
Corner of I-55 (exit 267) and Rt. 53 (http://www.greaterchicagoi55.com/map.htm)

You are right tho, to GET to the canal...it is approx. 4 miles the back way and 11 miles via the highway and back to the waterway.

My whole point WAS...the cell phone tower is probably the same one. : )

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I was just asking because I don't feel that the 25k is what was in the package the truckers were approached about.I don't think anyone thinks the money is what was in the package, but what was offered to the driver to DELIVER the package (perhaps Stacy's body) to be picked up.

chicoliving
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
chico:

snip.....

2:30 a.m.: Cales and her friend Bruce Zidarich drove by the Petersons' home and said both cars were in the driveway, so Zidarich called Drew Peterson. "Bruce said, 'Where's Stacy?'" Bosco said. 'And Drew said, 'She's left me.' And he said, 'The car was at the whatchamacallit.' And Bruce asked, 'What's the whatchamacallit?' and Drew said, 'Wait a second, let me get my head on straight.' Then he said, 'She left the car at the airport and she took $25,000,' and was going to either Jamaica or Bahamas." snip...

Where did this come from?? I don't remember ever seeing this statement??

Towards the end of this article

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_29nov29,0,2276631.story

Leila
12-01-2007, 11:43 PM
The description of the man who was with DP at the truck stop was that he had salt and pepper hair and was about 50. This is a picture of Bolingbrook police officer, Alex Morelli, who testified before the grand jury a week from this past Wednesday. He sort of meets the description. It looks like his hair could be salt and pepper and he looks like he's about 50 years old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/mrspeavey/AlexMorelli-BBpoliceofficerfriendof.jpg

MissHolmes
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
This trucker story just doesnt pass the smell test to me. Why would DP need someone to take the "package" someplace and then DP will go pick it up? Why not do it himself? It just seems that there are soooo many people involved in his actions. And also, the 25k. Who in the world, middleclass people that is, are going to have 25k in their house? What for, in case the banks shut down??

nanandjim
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I don't think Drew ever had $25k in cash; and I don't think it is missing.

MyLilElves
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm leaning that way myself.

I don't think Drew ever had $25k in cash; and I don't think it is missing.

SuziQ
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I was just asking because I don't feel that the 25k is what was in the package the truckers were approached about.

Who knows. I just think he needed to account for a financial transaction. And saying Stacy ran off with the money was an easy explanation as for where the money went.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
The description of the man who was with DP at the truck stop was that he had salt and pepper hair and was about 50. This is a picture of Bolingbrook police officer, Alex Morelli, who testified before the grand jury a week from this past Wednesday. He sort of meets the description. It looks like his hair could be salt and pepper and he looks like he's about 50 years old.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/mrspeavey/AlexMorelli-BBpoliceofficerfriendof.jpg

And he's portly. Thanks for posting that pic.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 12:01 AM
This trucker story just doesnt pass the smell test to me. Why would DP need someone to take the "package" someplace and then DP will go pick it up? Why not do it himself? It just seems that there are soooo many people involved in his actions. And also, the 25k. Who in the world, middleclass people that is, are going to have 25k in their house? What for, in case the banks shut down??Drew had more than enough money (investments, insurance payments on Kathleen, businesses they owned and he sold, and various other monies) and for him to keep 25K in his safe would not be that unusual. He isn't considered middle class in his lifestyle, imo. He lives like a millionaire...buying whatever he desires...planes, rvs, motorcycles, vehicles, etc. He wasn't hurting for money AT ALL!

The fact he involved so many people doesn't surprise me. People owed him, in his mind. The truckers involvement seems to me to be a last minute decision because by then he knew that Cassandra was going to be trouble. By 3:00 am, he realized she would go to the police and he needed to act FAST. (I believe he figured she would wait until later Sunday morning, but he was wrong! WTG, Cassandra!)

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Back to Drew P being missing right after Stacy was reported missing. I remember that also. Then he did come into the public eye during the search warrant.

However, you couldn't see his hair, because he wore a hat. You couldn't see his eyes, because of sunglasses, and you couldn't see his face because of a bandana. How do we even know it was Drew P? Or how do we know it was Drew P every time? I initially thought he was covering up to keep witnesses from recognizing him. But now I am wondering if it was really him.

I am interested in Mike R. for the other guy in this. Sharon said that Drew P was staying with Robinson. So if he was, that puts the two of them together if they needed to go whereever it was to pick up the "package."

Actually, the trucker idea is just bizarre enough to be a fairly good idea. Truckers are a transient population. A trucker approached in Chicago, may not make it back to Chicago for months or may not be in Chicago other than for just a few hours at a time. But then Drew P didn't intend and did not think that this was going to become a national story. Two truckers, were they from the same truck or two different trucks? Somehow this feels right to me. Though I don't know what excuse they could use to ask the trucker to carry a package and meet them elsewhere? To put it on the truck and have someone meet the truck, I understand. He could have said it was Christmas gifts and he was trying to save on mailing costs. And it is possible that even with a bad story, that he could have offered enough money that someone may have taken him up on the offer.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
This trucker story just doesnt pass the smell test to me. Why would DP need someone to take the "package" someplace and then DP will go pick it up? Why not do it himself? It just seems that there are soooo many people involved in his actions. And also, the 25k. Who in the world, middleclass people that is, are going to have 25k in their house? What for, in case the banks shut down??

You are assuming that DP was going to take care of it on the other end. Someone else may have been the person on the other end. DP couldn't be in two places at once especially if the package was sent very far away. Which is why I think they needed a trucker to begin with.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Back to Drew P being missing right after Stacy was reported missing. I remember that also. Then he did come into the public eye during the search warrant.

However, you couldn't see his hair, because he wore a hat. You couldn't see his eyes, because of sunglasses, and you couldn't see his face because of a bandana. How do we really know that it was Drew P?Because he was talking directly to the police. : ) He also talked to reporters while inside the home, IIRC.

i.b.nora
12-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Very astute! Alex Morelli was apparently one of the 'witnesses' to Kathleen Savio's alledged Will.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, what a good way to make it appear your wife "ran" away, by putting her silent phone, still turned on in a truckers truck. I wonder where Stacy's phone has really pinged. LE sources have stated some of the last pings were in the area of Shorewood. But were that really the last phone pings?

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:08 AM
To correct my post 121. I think the correct statement is some of the last calls to/from Stacy's phone was in Shorewood.

i.b.nora
12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
"The two men requested the truck drivers transport a package to an undisclosed location."

It seems like people are assuming that this "package" is smaller than a bread box. I don't think we should assume that.

Also, maybe he should have just used FedEx.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Anyone notice that Steve C. has near salt n pepper hair? He has "highlights" as I recall, but to truckers...well...would they know to call them highlights?! LOL

I have no doubt that LE already knows who they are looking at for being his accomplice in the truck scenario. They will be talking to him tomorrow, if they didn't do that tonight already.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:24 AM
"The two men requested the truck drivers transport a package to an undisclosed location."

It seems like people are assuming that this "package" is smaller than a bread box. I don't think we should assume that.

If it needs to be there overnight. Isn't that what the commercial says? lol

Jaded
12-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Post #9, responds to someone's question asking what the person with the new info has for newsweek that should be out tomorrow. Cassandra said:

This should be interesting, considering every day brings about something new in this case.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I think until we know more about the package, it could have been any size.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Could Cassandra have been talking about the trucker information tho? She mentioned it was someone who came forward with great information...and this was very close to when the trucker story broke.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Was this already posted yet?

No one inside the truck stop was talking today. But CBS 2 has confirmed that one of Drew's relatives used to work there.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Could Cassandra have been talking about the trucker information tho? She mentioned it was someone who came forward with great information...and this was very close to when the trucker story broke.

The timing is certainly curious. It will be interesting to find out.

Taximom
12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

No one inside the truck stop was talking today. But CBS 2 has confirmed that one of Drew's relatives used to work there.

Wow. I know I've said it before but you couldn't write this stuff. This is beyond a 2 hour movie. It's now a mini-series.

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Has anyone seen a picture of Tom Morphey? We know he talked to his friend about 10 pm. But do we know what time he left his friend or where he went after that? In the original info from police sources, they said he was unable to remember what happened to the barrel, yet in the story put out by the friend, Drew P dropped him off before doing anything with the barrel. Is this what police is alluding to?

i.b.nora
12-02-2007, 12:38 AM
According to Jamie Colby's original report today, the truckers reported their story to the investigators TODAY.
So, I doubt it has anything to do with whatever the Newsweek story is going to be.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I still think Drew may have used a trucker to create phone pings with Stacy's phone. What a perfect way to make it look like she was driving away somewhere. Any other method such as fed ex wouldn't create a passenger travel scenario. They use freight planes and schedules.

Taximom
12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
I still think Drew may have used a trucker to create phone pings with Stacy's phone. What a perfect way to make it look like she was driving away somewhere. Any other method such as fed ex wouldn't create a passenger travel scenario. They use freight planes and schedules.

Suzi, I think that's a great thought. All he had to do was have it on while "silent" and nobody would have heard anything.

philamena
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM

Let me wipe my eyes again because they must be playing jokes on me....
Drew's relatives used to work at the truck stop?:silenced::banghead:
That's unbelievable.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Let me wipe my eyes again because they must be playing jokes on me....
Drew's relatives used to work at the truck stop?:silenced::banghead:
That's unbelievable.

I know what you mean. I had to read it twice before I believed it. I wonder what relative? I think someone posted at CTV that it was Drews brother. But who knows?

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:50 AM
I just looked at Newsweeks site and it appears that the issues come out on Monday.

philamena
12-02-2007, 12:52 AM
I know what you mean. I had to read it twice before I believed it. I wonder what relative? I think someone posted at CTV that it was Drews brother. But who knows?
I've followed many true crime cases but it looks like this one has the weirdest incidences.

i.b.nora
12-02-2007, 12:53 AM
The article said:
"No one inside the truck stop was talking today. But CBS 2 has confirmed that one of Drew's relatives used to work there.

That's the same relative whose sources say a neighbor spotted him helping Drew load a container into his truck on the day Stacy disappeared."

I think the article means Tom Morphey.

Tom'sGirl
12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
The article said:
"No one inside the truck stop was talking today. But CBS 2 has confirmed that one of Drew's relatives used to work there.

That's the same relative whose sources say a neighbor spotted him helping Drew load a container into his truck on the day Stacy disappeared."

Sure sounds like it, but supposedly whoever saw the moving of the container said they didn't recognize who it was!

All I can say is following this case and the players is not for the weak of mind, so I hope I don't lose mine in the process http://websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif

Liz
12-02-2007, 01:15 AM
This link has a pic of Paul Peterson, in which his hair doesn't look quite as dark, arriving back at Drew's after his Grand Jury appearance; and one of Steve Carcerano either going to or coming from the Grand Jury.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/651711,4_1_JO15_MISSING_S1.article

I read over at FindStacyPeterson.com about a videotape of Sharon making a comment that Drew's brother Paul wasn't as old, because he didn't have any gray hair yet. Now all we need to know is IF Sharon only saw Paul after his dye job; or if she's seen him up close and personal previously.

dee10134
12-02-2007, 01:20 AM

I'm assuming this is a LARGE package. There are many items that are too large to go FedEx or UPS and MUST be sent via freight. If it was Stacy's body, all wrapped up as a package (God that makes me shiver just to think that), then it probably would have to be shipped as "freight" since she was over 70 lbs. 70 lbs. is usually the cut off weight for UPS and FedEx.

DeltaDawn
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Wow is all I can say at this point!

But did Drew really go to all this trouble to dispose of Stacy. I mean this is alot more then he went to in the past with Kitty.

I am prone to beleive the cell phone story..until I hear IPS has the cell phone..her body ..well I just don't know who would hang out at a truck stop hoping to connect with someone who no questions asked would transport an object large enough to contain a body. That would take up space in the truck and would have to be someone who was enroute to the place someone else would collect the container..to me that is the difficult part..what would a trucking company do if a container was not collected?

dee10134
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
The article said:

This really REALLY sounds like DP is attempting to frame Tom for Stacy's murder........

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 01:25 AM

In the voice of DrewP: Those people at Newsweek are crazy. And besides the media is hounding me (uhhh, that's right I mean it is because of the media that my children can't go outside, the court is punishing my children and the media is punishing my children) and of course I didn't do those things.

In the voice of Brodsky: It is just another example of the incompetance of media and their willingness to crucify my client in order to get a story. And besides my client didn't do those things, and wasn't there and doesn't know anything about that.....do you DrewP?.... wait, let me check my notes, I don't remember if we covered that.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 01:28 AM
In the voice of DrewP: Those people at Newsweek are crazy. And besides the media is hounding me (uhhh, that's right I mean it is because of the media that my children can't go outside, the court is punishing my children and the media is punishing my children) and of course I didn't do those things.

In the voice of Brodsky: It is just another example of the incompetance of media and their willingness to crucify my client in order to get a story. And besides my client didn't do those things, and wasn't there and doesn't know anything about that.....do you DrewP?.... wait, let me check my notes, I don't remember if we covered that.

Lol, you did that so well I had to look again to see "In the voice of"

dee10134
12-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Anyone notice that Steve C. has near salt n pepper hair? He has "highlights" as I recall, but to truckers...well...would they know to call them highlights?! LOL

I have no doubt that LE already knows who they are looking at for being his accomplice in the truck scenario. They will be talking to him tomorrow, if they didn't do that tonight already.

Wow is that insulting! My step-dad is a trucker and he is faaaaar from being dumb. Truckers are regular people just like you and I. They're not that stupid that they wouldn't know the difference between highlights and salt 'n pepper hair!!! LOL

Leila
12-02-2007, 01:37 AM

I read the article, and the relative that used to work there was Thomas Morphey!

ThoughtFox
12-02-2007, 01:43 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACTS:
December 1, 2007 Trooper Mark T. Dorencz #4848
Safety Education Officer
Illinois State Police - District 5
(815) 726-6377 Ext. 271
JOLIET – On October 29, 2007 at approximately 3:30 am, two truck drivers were approached by two men at a truck stop in Bolingbrook , IL. One of the two men is believed to be Drew Peterson and the other described as a white male, early 50’s, salt-and-pepper hair, with a stocky build. The two men requested the truck drivers to transport a package to an undisclosed location. Upon reaching the location, the men would regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers.
Anyone having a similar encounter is asked to contact the Illinois State Police at
815-740-0678 or America’s Most Wanted Hotline at 1-800-CRIME TV.

Holy Moley! I missed this yesterday - incredible!

I did see on Greta that Mark Furman tracked down a surveillance camera at a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop for the night Stacy disappeared. The police had spoken to the owner, but hadn't asked him for the surveillance cam, and even though the picture was grainy, it showed two men who came in, sat down, didn't buy coffee or doughnuts, and one of them left for a time - which fits the cell phone story.

But this trucker thing is even better! Wow! :woohoo: This Drew guy has either relatives or cronies all over the place, doesn't he?

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Wow is that insulting! My step-dad is a trucker and he is faaaaar from being dumb. Truckers are regular people just like you and I. They're not that stupid that they wouldn't know the difference between highlights and salt 'n pepper hair!!! LOLI am sorry! I didn't mean to infer truckers were stupid. I apologize if I pissed off anyone else with my comment. I didn't mean to. My business deals with trucking companies in my office daily. I do know they are not fashionistas and most don't care about the difference between highlights or gray hairs on a man. I don't know many truckers that would take notice if it were highlights vs. salt n pepper hair on a man at three in the morning when the person was asking them to do something obviously illegal either!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
This really REALLY sounds like DP is attempting to frame Tom for Stacy's murder........You might be right that this was another attempt to point the finger in Tom's direction. How convenient for Drew that Tom worked there and if anyone found out later where they picked up the "load"...it would have led back to a place where Tom worked at one time. (He never counted on the truck drivers to place HIMSELF at the truck stop tho!)

ketel0ne
12-02-2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/73095/

newsweek article.

ketel0ne
12-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said in a statement that his client denies that any such encounter took place.
"It is our belief that anyone who logically examines the scenario that is being suggested by the Illinois State Police will reject it out of hand being nonsensical," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071202/ap_on_re_us/police_officer_s_wife;_ylt=AmQknxWvx.FEcacSI3.bfld H2ocA

ketel0ne
12-02-2007, 03:15 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3941571

Peterson Rips 'Package' Claim as Result of 'Crazies'

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 03:15 AM
And this is possibly the second person that Drew P may have tried to frame. Don't forget Scott Rosetto. I have suspected for some time that DrewP chose to lay several false leads. And it is one of the reasons that I question the blue barrel. I cannot believe that an experienced officer would allow a neighbor to see him moving the barrel, would leave chips of plastic in the vehicle unless it was by design. Plus Drew P was just too cheerful!

Now that the truckers have come forward though, I am hoping that DrewP posting no trespassing signs on his lawn is a good sign that maybe, just maybe LE might be on the right track. It is either that or DrewP is just really po'd that Stacy's family showed up and took his ride!

greeneyz
12-02-2007, 03:18 AM
I am just really REALLY confused as to why he would ask truck drivers to transport this "package" and not just drive it himself unless of course it was in fact her cell phone...which would make sense. I don't believe it was Stacy in the package, that to me would be too risky for Drew to just put her on a semi truck like that, I mean what if the trucker looked inside the "package" I know I probably would be curious and take a peek! Maybe the missing table was what it was, which still would make no sense to me. Not that much in this case has made a whole lot of sense anyway....there's a new twist and turn everyday...just when you thought you had heard it all something else comes up!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 03:19 AM
OMG! Now the ISP is crazy, too!! Does Brodsky EVER want to practice law in this area again?! LOL

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 03:25 AM
OMG! Now the ISP is crazy, too!! Does Brodsky EVER want to practice law in this area again?! LOL

I am waiting for the judges ruling on DrewP's items taken in the search. If the motion is turned down, do you think he will call the Judge crazy? Between the two of them, they have called everybody else crazy!

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 03:29 AM
At http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=614.75

Cassandra says in Post#78, That the pic we looked at with Paul getting out of the car showing Salt and Pepper hair. Is the Paul she knows. The other one in the garage is with dyed hair...totally can tell.

If you enlarge the dye job pic, his hair is a funky color red!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 03:32 AM

Cassandra says in Post#78, That the pic we looked at with Paul getting out of the car showing Salt and Pepper hair. Is the Paul she knows. The other one in the garage is with dyed hair...totally can tell.

If you enlarge the dye job pic, his hair is a funky color red!I would trust what Cassandra says...because she knows the family. Sounds like we have our second player then, doesn't it? Nice to know he and Drew have had all this time to try to get their stories straight together! I guess a family that plots together...rots together in the end!

I must say...I am getting a bit more concerned for the children...if these are the two men responsible for their complete care at the moment.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 03:35 AM
I would trust what Cassandra says...because she knows the family. Sounds like we have our second player then, doesn't it? Nice to know he and Drew have had all this time to try to get their stories straight together! I guess a family that plots together...rots together in the end!

Your brother's wife is missing, fingers are being pointed at your brother, your family is turned upside down, and you think one day, for the first time in your life...I'm gonna dye my hair a funky color red.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Your brother's wife is missing, fingers are being pointed at your brother, your family is turned upside down, and you think one day, for the first time in your life...I'm gonna dye my hair a funky color red.Maybe he was trying to look good for the cams. :loser: (Breaking into song, "Heeee's sooo vain. He probably thinks this song is about himmmm.")

Jaded
12-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Your brother's wife is missing, fingers are being pointed at your brother, your family is turned upside down, and you think one day, for the first time in your life...I'm gonna dye my hair a funky color red.

That does sound very odd that he would all of a sudden dye his hair red. There are just way too many coincidences going on. I think it's quite possible that brother Paul is involved somehow. Hate to jump the gun, but darn if none of this makes any kind of sense.

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 03:45 AM

newsweek article.

Ok, now DrewP is saying that at work they called him the "old silver tongue". Now how does the rest of that saying go? Oh, yes- the old silver tongued Devil! LOL, I think I can agree with that- except I believe the silver is tarnished and some of the connections are loose!

SeekingJana
12-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Assuming that any story related to DP's actions is true and not an attempt on his part to mislead an investigation:

Bodies start decomposing fairly quickly, depending on manner of death and whether there are open areas letting bacteria in and gasses out. I'm not sure her body is in one piece, or cut into pieces to fit into whatever DP put it in, to be frank.

The weather in the last days of Oct and first of Nov is pretty unpredictable all over the country. Even if he expected that the freight was only going 20-30 miles to Chicago, might he planned for such things as breakdowns, snowstorms, flat tires, traffic jams, traffic accidents causing delays or detours on a truck route?

Assuming that he did plan for an unexpected delay or unreliability on the part of the truckers to speed his package to its destination: Might we be able to narrow " semi trucks" down to refrigerated semi trucks?

Maybe that's why 2 truckers were approached. As I understand it, refrigerated trucks are more likely to be long haul rather than local or regional, with a pair of drivers teaming up.

Also, it's not just USDA regulated food items which travels in refrigerated trucks. National floral hauling trucks are refrigerated, for example. I'm sure there are many more examples of cooled trucks which don't have to adhere to strict guidelines about cargo.

OR that may be what the $25,000 was for.. Incentive to break rules.

Just some late night thoughts. I can't get Stacy's case off my mind tonight.
Maria

Leila
12-02-2007, 04:22 AM

If you enlarge the dye job pic, his hair is a funky color red!

So now it looks like Drew may have pulled his brother, Paul, and step-brother, Thomas into his crime.

With Thomas, Drew played on his step-brother's feeling of being indebted to him because Stacy had given him gift certificates and Drew had promised to help him find a job. It appears that the step-brother, Thomas, was unaware of what he was being asked to do when Drew asked him to help move something.

But Paul seems to be a different story. The fact that Paul has dyed his hair in the past month, strongly suggests he's hiding something. It's much like DP's disguise at the beginning, wearing the bandana, baseball hat and sunglasses. I think both DP and his brother, Paul, know they were seen and possibly identified, somewhere along the way. It may have been with making contact with the truckers, or something else that hasn't become public yet. If Paul did, indeed, help his brother in the disposal or cover-up of a murder, he's going to go down as an accessory.

Now I'm wondering if LE is going to question Paul?

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Paul already testified in front of the Grand Jury. As I understand it tho...he has been at Drew's house for most of the time during this fiasco since Stacy disappeared. With the new information acquired today by LE, I believe they will question him again...if they have not already. It would make sense to believe that Brodsky would have prevented it until he retains counsel on his own tho.

ThoughtFox
12-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Sounds perfectly logical . . .

. . . if someone is feeling guilty! :)

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Assuming that any story related to DP's actions is true and not an attempt on his part to mislead an investigation:

Bodies start decomposing fairly quickly, depending on manner of death and whether there are open areas letting bacteria in and gasses out. I'm not sure her body is in one piece, or cut into pieces to fit into whatever DP put it in, to be frank.

The weather in the last days of Oct and first of Nov is pretty unpredictable all over the country. Even if he expected that the freight was only going 20-30 miles to Chicago, might he planned for such things as breakdowns, snowstorms, flat tires, traffic jams, traffic accidents causing delays or detours on a truck route?

Assuming that he did plan for an unexpected delay or unreliability on the part of the truckers to speed his package to its destination: Might we be able to narrow " semi trucks" down to refrigerated semi trucks?

Maybe that's why 2 truckers were approached. As I understand it, refrigerated trucks are more likely to be long haul rather than local or regional, with a pair of drivers teaming up.

Also, it's not just USDA regulated food items which travels in refrigerated trucks. National floral hauling trucks are refrigerated, for example. I'm sure there are many more examples of cooled trucks which don't have to adhere to strict guidelines about cargo.

OR that may be what the $25,000 was for.. Incentive to break rules.

Just some late night thoughts. I can't get Stacy's case off my mind tonight.
MariaExcellent post! You know, you might be onto something there. A reefer would afford him time if the "package" did contain her body. (Could lessen the smell and decomp) I am hopeful it is something that LE picked up on. However, after they missed the cameras at Krispy Kreme...I wonder how much they are actually doing right on this case!

We have already bantered about the 25K being payola, so to speak.

itsreenw
12-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Not sure if I believe the truckers. Why would the truckers have waited til now to come forward? dp already had the 'package' in his truck, he could have taken it himself unless...

The location was a distance (hrs away) and dp had to be home when the kids woke up. Wondering if he planned to have his partner in crime catch a commercial flight to beat the truck to the destination and be there to retrieve it at the other end. Someone pointed out the Rice Lake article I found about Team Morphey was not the Rice Lake in IL but the Rice Lake in WI. Since Tom worked at the truck stop, it is possible that dp was going to set him up and take Stacy to Rice Lake, another link to Tom.

I took everyone's advice and called the Rice Lake tip in. ISP called but I missed the call. No message. I just saw the #. I called back and left another msg. They returned the call, and I missed the freakin' call again!! I wish they'd leave a msg with a direct # to a person. I called the tipline and left another msg. We are playing phone tag. They're it!

Leila
12-02-2007, 06:04 AM
Not sure if I believe the truckers. Why would the truckers have waited til now to come forward? dp already had the 'package' in his truck, he could have taken it himself unless...

The location was a distance (hrs away) and dp had to be home when the kids woke up. Wondering if he planned to have his partner in crime catch a commercial flight to beat the truck to the destination and be there to retrieve it at the other end. Someone pointed out the Rice Lake article I found about Team Morphey was not the Rice Lake in IL but the Rice Lake in WI. Since Tom worked at the truck stop, it is possible that dp was going to set him up and take Stacy to Rice Lake, another link to Tom.

I took everyone's advice and called the Rice Lake tip in. ISP called but I missed the call. No message. I just saw the #. I called back and left another msg. They returned the call, and I missed the freakin' call again!! I wish they'd leave a msg with a direct # to a person. I called the tipline and left another msg. We are playing phone tag. They're it!

I'm glad you called the tip in. I think it's very possible that if DP intended to frame his step-brother, he would think of Rice Lake. Maybe DP even went there with his step-brothers to fish one time and considers it far enough away from Bolingbrook to serve his purposes. I checked a map and it's a good 300 miles.........far outside any search area.

citigrrl93
12-02-2007, 06:27 AM

newsweek article.

In the Newsweek article it mentions that police have asked Sharon Bychowski if she had ever seen a large tote owned by the Petersons. I would think by tote they mean a large piece or luggage or bag of some kind? Perhaps that somehow relates to the package the truckers we asked to transport - maybe it was used to hold something? I wonder what the size of it was and what type of material it was made out of?

Was there some other mention of a tote before this that I might have missed?

RefLib
12-02-2007, 07:40 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3bjngd

He could have gone from his home to the truck stop just to create one more bit of distance from himself.

If the truck went up 355 there are a bunch of quarries between there and going west on 88 or one of the highways to Aurora. If the trucks were headed back west, where Drew came from, there are a bunch of lakes.

Or they could have gone south on 55.

I really hope that more truckers will call in with anything they might know.

Everyday the man is free is an insult to all of us. There are too many women missing that are known to have been killed by their husband, while the murdering husbands are still free. Drew Peterson is counting on that. I hope that he has the same fate as Michael Peterson, and Scott Peterson.

Dobler
12-02-2007, 10:38 AM
About the red funky colored hair- perhaps this was his first time coloring his hair and didn't follow the directions.

About the reefer, he could have told the truckers it was deer meat going to a butcher or something, so it would need to be refrigerated and they wouldn't want to look inside.

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Ok, the part that has bugged my about the truckers, is that the arrangements say for the trucker to take the package, and meet up with DrewP at some prearranged time. I thought at first maybe DrewP meant for the trucker to not be met, leaving the trucker with an unclaimed package. Would he just ditch the package, without ever looking at it or would he get curious about what was in the this untraditional, unclaimed package and open it? That is something that DrewP couldn't predict. And he has planned many details on this, I can't believe he would leave this to chance.

However, what if DrewP meant to follow through with the arrangement? Stacy disappeared, DrewP maybe thought he would report her missing a couple of days later. Then 2-3 days later DrewP would meet back up with this trucker. He is at his leisure to dispose of the body now. And he has had more time to set up an alibi for that Sunday. The major flaw for that, is of course that why would he use moving a container with Tom Morphey as a part of that days alibi? I would think that he would want to stay away from anything that would point to his guilt in this scenario.

So the truckers I cannot explain at this point.

Trino
12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Ok, the part that has bugged my about the truckers, is that the arrangements say for the trucker to take the package, and meet up with DrewP at some prearranged time. I thought at first maybe DrewP meant for the trucker to not be met, leaving the trucker with an unclaimed package. Would he just ditch the package, without ever looking at it or would he get curious about what was in the this untraditional, unclaimed package and open it? That is something that DrewP couldn't predict. And he has planned many details on this, I can't believe he would leave this to chance.

It seem odd that DP would be stupid enough to ask truckers to transport a body. The real problem seems to be that no one saw the package, so there is no description of size, etc. I think someone else will come forward admitting they were the ones who asked truckers to transport the package.

Camper
12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Have to wonder what type of LOAD the two truckers were carrying??

IF IF IF it were a refrigerated cargo, ARE there regulations about not opening the door to the load, while enroute??

Any truckers reading here??

Are long haul REFRIGERATED trucks restricted from opening the DOOR holding the FOOD until they reach the paid for destination?

I know when my Schwans guy comes he has tiny doors all around the outside of his truck, with specific items in each, so that the ENTIRE load is not exposed to temperature changes, while looking for specific food items. What would the configuration of a Long Haul Refrigerated truck be, as for stashing different food items????

Are refrigeratd trucks sealed at port of departure, and NOT opened until they reach their destination????

I also wonder IF IF IF the truckers SAW A REAL package, OR IF IF IF they just discussed an UNSEEN package?

Is this another diversion by DP??

No doubt there was a real body, the BIG question is: What did DP do with it?

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Brodsky issued a press release in response to the truck driver info.
One of the highlights:

First, for the record, Drew Peterson categorically denies that any such encounter took place. It is our belief that anyone who logically examines the scenario that is being suggested by the Illinois State Police will reject it out of hand being nonsensical.
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Trino
12-02-2007, 11:44 AM
The truckers have apparently not discussed if there was an offer of money for transporting the package. It would seem there should have been. A trucker wouldn't think of doing this for free.

Then, too, it would seem that if Drew approached a trucker, he/she would need to be an independent driver. No company driver would be willing to jeopardize his/her job to haul an unauthorized package. DP, from his LE experience, probably would have been able to recognize an independent driver from a company employed driver. Because of his background, it seems strange that DP would do this.

DeltaDawn
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Cassandra stated at findstacypeterson.com that LE she beleives has had this info from the start, also the info from Tom, that becuase we are just hearing it now does not mean it hasn't been known to LE for sometime.

She also states that LE is 1000 steps ahead of us in solving this and 1/2 step behind Drew. She feels an arrest is eminent. And that may well be why she choose Friday afternoon to get her Dad's things that he had given to Stacy out of Drew's house.

If I remember correctly wasn't it the 30th of OCT to Nov 1st that Drew took off on his bike "to clear his head" as Ric told Greta. Hmm..was Drew meeting up with the trucker an actually disposing of whatever was in the containers at that time..he has 3 days on his own unaccounted for that fits the scenero of retriving the package..or taking care of it himself.

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
It's true. We hear Brodsky saying there is absolutely no evidence to connect Drew P to Stacy's disappearance, yet we do not know that. We don't know what police know or what they have evidence of. I know there were indications that they knew of Morphey before they ever leaked that info. It could be that they have known of this info too, maybe were holding back on it in order to see how it works into other known facts.

I do think the release of the Tom Morphey info, as well as the trucker info has been given to the press in order to put more pressure on DrewP.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:25 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3bjngd

He could have gone from his home to the truck stop just to create one more bit of distance from himself.

If the truck went up 355 there are a bunch of quarries between there and going west on 88 or one of the highways to Aurora. If the trucks were headed back west, where Drew came from, there are a bunch of lakes.

Or they could have gone south on 55.

I really hope that more truckers will call in with anything they might know.

Everyday the man is free is an insult to all of us. There are too many women missing that are known to have been killed by their husband, while the murdering husbands are still free. Drew Peterson is counting on that. I hope that he has the same fate as Michael Peterson, and Scott Peterson.

Great post. Welcome to WS!

MyLilElves
12-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Offering 25k would be really suspicious, especially if it was offered to the wrong person. I don't think DP would have chanced that. $2500 maybe.

I don't think anyone thinks the money is what was in the package, but what was offered to the driver to DELIVER the package (perhaps Stacy's body) to be picked up.

Dobler
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I looked on microsoft streets & trips, to get to Peoria from Bolingbrook the trip would take about 2 hrs- travelling on 55. Maybe DP conned a trucker who was travelling thru that area to meet up with him the next day to drop off the package. Then DP set up the location (I'm not familiar with Peoria but on the map there are some mines.), the trucker dropped off the package and DP took it from there. Could explain the need for him to get the Peoria letter out in the public, so when they find Stacy around Peoria he will say it happened there?

DeltaDawn
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I am still thinking about Rice Lake in Wisconsin..where Tom and his brother fished, and ITsreen came up with. That could fit into the scenero thru the time frame of Drew's 3 day head clearing time. And that would definitely not be in the search area around Chicago. But it doesn't mean that LE hasn't investigated it yet. Also LE has seemed very interested in speaking with Itsreen about her tip. Isn't Wisconsin the cheese state? Didn't the Peoria letter say Stacy was seen in the dairy section? Could this be part of the tip as well as some of the wording of Drew's statements?

I hope LE keeps the pressure on Drew because I think he is getting very stressed. I just wish Sharon would go over and invite the kids for a week long stay and get them out of the house...Drew would never allow that though.

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Interesting idea. That would keep Stacy's body in motion for 24 hours and lessen the chance it would be found. But why wouldn't he take her up there himself right away?

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
NOTE: DREW PETERSON’S RESPONSE (via his lawyer) TO THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE OF YESTERDAY (IF YOU DID NOT SEE THE ILLINOIS STATE PRESS RELEASE, BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN…IT IS POSTED)
BRODSKY & ODEH
Attorneys At Law
PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Re: Drew Peterson;
December 1, 2007

(more at link)
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/02/sgt-drew-peterson-responds/

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Timeline problem
2:30 am, Cassandra drives by the home and both vehicles are there.

3:00 am Two truckers report they were approached by two men asking them to transport a package.

Ok, so perhaps they were in the vehicle of the second man. Truckers say they didn't see the package in question. The question is, did they see the vehicle the two men were in? That could easily pinpoint who the second man was.

DeltaDawn
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Interesting idea. That would keep Stacy's body in motion for 24 hours and lessen the chance it would be found. But why wouldn't he take her up there himself right away?

He needed to be back home probably by 5am to jump in bed and jump out of bed again when it was time to get the kids up. He wouldn't want them awakening to find him still gone from the night before.

Since he worked night shift it appears he would know who was on that Sunday evening in his place, where LE hangs out during the shift, what roads are less traveled at that hour, what truck stops are less crowded at that hour and and so on.

Liz
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Mysteriew, I thought the truckers were approached at 3:30 am?

Here's the latest Newsweek article (also posted in Media Links thread):
Police: Truckers say Peterson sought aid

http://www.newsweek.com/id/67796/page/1

In the article, it 'sounds' as though the ISP may actually have a description of the 'package' the truckers were asked to transport. But it's not definitive.

grace60
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Have to wonder what type of LOAD the two truckers were carrying??

IF IF IF it were a refrigerated cargo, ARE there regulations about not opening the door to the load, while enroute??

Any truckers reading here??

Are long haul REFRIGERATED trucks restricted from opening the DOOR holding the FOOD until they reach the paid for destination?

I know when my Schwans guy comes he has tiny doors all around the outside of his truck, with specific items in each, so that the ENTIRE load is not exposed to temperature changes, while looking for specific food items. What would the configuration of a Long Haul Refrigerated truck be, as for stashing different food items????

Are refrigeratd trucks sealed at port of departure, and NOT opened until they reach their destination????

I also wonder IF IF IF the truckers SAW A REAL package, OR IF IF IF they just discussed an UNSEEN package?

Is this another diversion by DP??

No doubt there was a real body, the BIG question is: What did DP do with it?

They put a seal on the doors of the trailers. The seal has a # on it. If it's opened for inspection at the weigh station they put on a new seal and the driver gets paperwork from the DOT saying they opened it and put on a new seal.

I also wonder if the truckers didn't make a note of the make,model,color and license plate # of the car they were driving after getting such a odd request from 2 strangers.

donnam
12-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Wow! Lots of great thoughts and theories here. I am inclined to believe the trucker story. I think DP may be smart enough to want to get that "package" as far away from Bolingbrook as possible, and the fastest way possible without him doing it himself. What better way then a truck (possibly refridge).
I am liking the Peroria theory too. There, imo, was a "reason" DP got the letter from Peroria. Any serious tipster wouldn't be sending the letter to DP. They would be calling in to LE.
Now, I hope that IF any other truckers were approached or actually did transport this "package", they come forward. If they haven't already.

I think maybe an arrest is not that far off here. I really think LE know way more then they are letting us know about.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Wow! Lots of great thoughts and theories here. I am inclined to believe the trucker story. I think DP may be smart enough to want to get that "package" as far away from Bolingbrook as possible, and the fastest way possible without him doing it himself. What better way then a truck (possibly refridge).
I am liking the Peroria theory too. There, imo, was a "reason" DP got the letter from Peroria. Any serious tipster wouldn't be sending the letter to DP. They would be calling in to LE.
Now, I hope that IF any other truckers were approached or actually did transport this "package", they come forward. If they haven't already.

I think maybe an arrest is not that far off here. I really think LE know way more then they are letting us know about.

And I hope the trucker is ok. :eek:

donnam
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
And I hope the trucker is ok. :eek:

Funny you said that. I was thinking that after I posted!!:eek:

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Drew got awfully confident all of a sudden for a reason. And quit wearing the bandana disguise.

donnam
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Drew got awfully confident all of a sudden for a reason. And quit wearing the bandana disguise.

I don't know. I think at first he was playing the "victim role", "important person role" or something like that. Then once his pic was plastered all over the news and internet, he "unmasked" to play the "cocky", "confident" role.

Camper
12-02-2007, 02:04 PM
They put a seal on the doors of the trailers. The seal has a # on it. If it's opened for inspection at the weigh station they put on a new seal and the driver gets paperwork from the DOT saying they opened it and put on a new seal.

I also wonder if the truckers didn't make a note of the make,model,color and license plate # of the car they were driving after getting such a odd request from 2 strangers.

--->>>Thank you Grace60. LE probably knows the answers to your questions here.

Camper
12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't know. I think at first he was playing the "victim role", "important person role" or something like that. Then once his pic was plastered all over the news and internet, he "unmasked" to play the "cocky", "confident" role.

--->>>Anyone remember the date of the 'Scarf Face' SHOW?

Was that also the day DP bragged about the 30 pound weight loss?

IF IF IF he had to dig a hole, that was probably PART of the beginning of his 'WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM'. First lifting his dead wife into the container etc. etc.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
In the below linked article dated November 8th, it talks about Drews sudden unmasked appearance at the Grand Jury hearing on Wednesday, that would have been on the 7th.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/640831,CST-NWS-boling08.stng

In the below linked article dated November 3rd, it states:
About 11 a.m., Peterson rode out of his driveway on a motorcycle, with a red-white-and-blue bandanna pulled up to his eyes.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/633460,CST-NWS-boling03.stng

I believe the article was referring to the day before. I think Drew rode off to "clear his head" on November 2nd.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Embedded in the below linked article is a video of Jamie Coby interviewing Brodsky:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314521,00.html

(snip)
In an interview with FOX News' Jamie Colby, Peterson's attorney Joel Brodsky said that such an encounter never took place.

MysteryAddict
12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
As to the "Trucker Story", so far all I've heard is that two truckers were approached and asked to transport a package.

They must have said "NO" because it says that they never saw the package in question!

So, if the truckers said NO, then what happened to the package?

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
As to the "Trucker Story", so far all I've heard is that two truckers were approached and asked to transport a package.

They must have said "NO" because it says that they never saw the package in question!

So, if the truckers said NO, then what happened to the package?

I was suprised to hear in Jamie Colby's report that there is actually only one trucker.

i.b.nora
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
I was suprised to hear in Jamie Colby's report that there is actually only one trucker.
Listen again, she kind of stammered or corrected herself in the beginning regarding whether it was that one or two that were specifically asked, but after that she continually spoke of two truckers.
Thanks for posting that, by the way. Having had FoxNews Channel on yesterday for a few hours, I find that two days of watching FoxNews is more than I can possibly bear.

MysteryAddict
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
This whole Trucker story doesn't make much sense at all.

Maybe it's a made up story of BS between DP and some trucker friend to scatter attention in another direction?

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
This whole Trucker story doesn't make much sense at all.

Maybe it's a made up story of BS between DP and some trucker friend to scatter attention in another direction?

It really doesn't make sense. What trucker in their right mind after 911, would accept a "package" from someone at 3:30am. And if the package was small, the trucker would think, why do you need me if you are going to pick it up at the other end anyways? And if it's a big package, then who's going to take the time to go to wherever the package is to load it up, etc. IMO, truckers either already have a load, or are on their way to pick up one. I don't think they have the time to sidetrack onto another project. I think Drew and the other man would have had to asked an awful lot of truckers before finding one that would be able and willing to accomodate them.

CW
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Please take my word on this matter my husband was a over the road truck driver and there are plenty of drivers out on the road even after 911 that for the right price they would haul a package on the side to make extra money but I'm not going to go into a long drawn out story. I have witnessed many things while on the journey traveling with my husband. Also there are times that a driver can't unload until in the AM and they have to sit at a truck stop until it's time for them to get unloaded, and a lot of companys do not allow you to sit outside their gate and when it's your turn you put your CB on a certain channel and they tell you what dock to back into and then hubby would cat nap and they would call over the CB when you were unloaded. In the truckers world they call it Hurry Up And Wait. There have been times that hubby would have to wait 8 hours before he could even back into a dock so there would be enough time for the driver to make some money on the side.

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks Windchime. so two guys guys walking around a truckstop at 3:30am looking for help, wouldn't be unusual and the right price leads me right back to 25K.

CW
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
No, not at all drivers pull into truck stops 24/7. They have mechanics working on semi's 24/7 and when they have their truck in the shop bay, you can not stay in your truck due to insurance liability and so they wander around and BS with other truck drivers or they go into the truck stop to watch tv,shower,eat and they usually have a big game room for the drivers.Heck the lot lizards roam all night long that's when they make their money. And let's face it many,many truck drivers smoke cigs and there is no long smoking allowed in truck stops so they smoke outside.

drumstick
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
What about the cell phone pings?

How do we know that he wasn't sending SP's phone for a ride?

Make it look like she was on the move??

Thinking of the tower pings .... why wouldn't LE know by now if either
phone was pinging away and have an idea of where he went that night?
Same for TM. Did TM have a cell phone that night?
Did TM say if he was told to turn off his phone?

hmmmmmmm ....??

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
They mentioned that LE was looking in the canal because of a cell phone ping. They didn't let it slip which one tho. Depending on how much coverage the tower has...it is in the general vicinity of the truck stop. Within a few miles, at least.

Leila
12-02-2007, 06:10 PM
The time line - Sunday evening, October 28th.

About 7:00pm - Thomas Morphey, meets DP at park and they go to a coffee shop to talk. At some point DP excuses himself and leaves for a while, leaving his cell phone with the instructions that if it rings, don't answer it. While he's gone the phone rings and the caller ID says Stacy. DP returns and asks TM to accompany him to his house to move a container. The two go to the Peterson home and according to TM move a rectangular container from the upstairs bedroom to DP's Denali.

About 10:00pm - DP takes Thomas Morphey home. Thomas Morphey is frantic and tells his neighbor/friend, Walter Martineck that he thinks he just helped DP dispose of Stacy's body.

About 11:00pm - Cassandra goes to the Peterson home and both cars are gone. She speaks to one of the older boys who tells her that his mom and dad had an argument and dad is out looking for her.

About 11:30pm - Cassandra calls DP on his cell phone and he answers. He's out of breath and she hears cars keys. He says he's at home, but Cassandra knows he isn't because she's parked in view of the Peterson home.

About 2:30am - Cassandra drives past the Peterson home and both cars are in the driveway. Her friend, Bruce, calls DP and DP says Stacy has left him.

About 3:30p-am - truckers at a truck stop in Bolingbrook say they were approached by DP and another man described as stocky with salt and pepper hair about age 50. The truckers are asked to transport a package to a destination, at which time DP will retrieve the package.

It appears that after DP took Thomas Morphey home, he met with another party, who may have helped him dispose of the container. It also would appear that the container was moved from DP's Denali to another vehicle, and both DP's Denali and Stacy's car were returned to the Peterson home sometime between 11:30pm and 2:30am. DP is still trying to find a place to dispose of the container at 3:30am when he and the other man approach truck drivers at the truck stop.

What happened to the container from 3:30am and beyond? Did DP find a trucker that would agree to take the container, or if DP couldn't find a trucker willing to take the container, he and his accomplice would have had to make a decision on where to hide the container on an immediate basis until a more permanent solution could be found.

Where was DP at 11:30pm when Cassandra called him and he was out of breath and Cassandra heard car keys?

Camper
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
The time line - Sunday evening, October 28th.

About 7:00pm - Thomas Morphey, meets DP at park and they go to a coffee shop to talk. At some point DP excuses himself and leaves for a while, leaving his cell phone with the instructions that if it rings, don't answer it. While he's gone the phone rings and the caller ID says Stacy. DP returns and asks TM to accompany him to his house to move a container. The two go to the Peterson home and according to TM move a rectangular container from the upstairs bedroom to DP's Denali.

About 10:00pm - DP takes Thomas Morphey home. Thomas Morphey is frantic and tells his neighbor/friend, Walter Martineck that he thinks he just helped DP dispose of Stacy's body.

About 11:00pm - Cassandra goes to the Peterson home and both cars are gone. She speaks to one of the older boys who tells her that his mom and dad had an argument and dad is out looking for her.

About 11:30pm - Cassandra calls DP on his cell phone and he answers. He's out of breath and she hears cars keys. He says he's at home, but Cassandra knows he isn't because she's parked in view of the Peterson home.

About 2:30am - Cassandra drives past the Peterson home and both cars are in the driveway. Her friend, Bruce, calls DP and DP says Stacy has left him.

About 3:30am - truckers at a truck stop in Bolingbrook say they were approached by DP and another man described as stocky with salt and pepper hair about age 50. The truckers are asked to transport a package to a destination, at which time DP will retrieve the package.

It appears that after DP took Thomas Morphey home, he met with another party, who may have helped him dispose of the container. It also would appear that the container was moved from DP's Denali to another vehicle, and both DP's Denali and Stacy's car were returned to the Peterson home sometime between 11:30pm and 2:30am. DP is still trying to find a place to dispose of the container at 3:30am when he and the other man approach truck drivers at the truck stop.

What happened to the container from 3:30am and beyond? Did DP find a trucker that would agree to take the container, or if DP couldn't find a trucker willing to take the container, he and his accomplice would have had to make a decision on where to hide the container on an immediate basis until a more permanent solution could be found.

Where was DP at 11:30pm when Cassandra called him and he was out of breath and Cassandra heard car keys?

--->>>Good line thanks, think the red part needs to read 2:30 and 3:30 AM not PM.

On the 11:00 PM note, the boy must have already been awake, in order to know that DAD was out looking for Stacy. This testimony alone should carry so much weight when DP gets to trial with the young sons account and Cassandra being on the watch.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Why would the container have been moved from the Denali? I don't understand.

After Bruce's phone call to Drew and the last time that Cassandra saw the cars in the driveway...why couldn't Drew and Paul (pretty sure he is the second party) have simply taken the Denali to the truck stop? It is only minutes away. This would mean that when Cassandra saw the Denali in the driveway...her sister's body was in it. Makes sense to me.

MysteryAddict
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM

After Bruce's phone call to Drew and the last time that Cassandra saw the cars in the driveway...why couldn't Drew and Paul (pretty sure he is the second party) have simply taken the Denali to the truck stop? It is only minutes away. This would mean that when Cassandra saw the Denali in the driveway...her sister's body was in it. Makes sense to me.

OMG, SS, that's a really creepy thought!!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
OMG, SS, that's a really creepy thought!!Drew is a very creepy guy. He wouldn't have thought a thing about her sitting in the back of the Denali with the tinted windows...just as long as he no longer had her in the house. Remember...he wasn't worried at that point of being questioned, pulled over, or having the vehicle searched.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Brother Paul?????

OMG!!..just catching up here....so, this other guy was most likely the guy that the neighbor saw carrying out the blue barrel with DP??...TM helpd DP with a 'container' the night before....this gets crazier & crazier all the time!

i bet the $25,000 was spread out to those that helped him (DP)....

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
OMG!!..just catching up here....so, this other guy was most likely the guy that the neighbor saw carrying out the blue barrel with DP??...TM helpd DP with a 'container' the night before....this gets crazier & crazier all the time!

i bet the $25,000 was spread out to those that helped him (DP)....No, Tom DID help with the container earlier in the evening of Oct. 28th. The second man came into the picture with this sighting at 3:30 am on the 29th at the truck stop (Cassandra mentioned that Paul recently dyed his hair from salt n pepper to a reddish brown)...just hours after he dropped Tom off at his house around tenish.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow. I know I've said it before but you couldn't write this stuff. This is beyond a 2 hour movie. It's now a mini-series.

no kidding!!!

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
No, Tom DID help with the container earlier in the evening of Oct. 28th. The second man came into the picture with this sighting at 3:30 am on the 29th at the truck stop (Cassandra mentioned that Paul recently dyed his hair from salt n pepper to a reddish brown)...just hours after he dropped Tom off at his house around tenish.

omg!!!....thanks so much for catching me up here SS.....one more question?...so there was only the one container?...the one that TM helped move ..there was no container the next day?...OOH, wait....the container was moved from one vehicle to another in the drive??..that's what the neighbor probably saw???...sorry, guess i need to reread everything...it's been busy here this weekend, ugh.....

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Mini-series?! This is more like a full blown reality television series instead!! Call it, ACCORDING TO DREW! LOL

You are right! You couldn't make this stuff up and have people actually believe it!!! Life IS stranger than fiction!

Taximom
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi close! This guy makes Jason look like an angel. (OK, well not really.) :D

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
omg!!!....thanks so much for catching me up here SS.....one more question?...so there was only the one container?...the one that TM helped move ..there was no container the next day?...OOH, wait....the container was moved from one vehicle to another in the drive??..that's what the neighbor probably saw???...sorry, guess i need to reread everything...it's been busy here this weekend, ugh.....There is still a missing blue barrel from the yard and/or the garage. What they neighbor saw was Tom and Drew moving a blue rectangular totetype container from the bedroom to the Denali. I believe that stayed in the Denali until such a time that Drew removed it...either to ship it as is now the speculation or to dump it.

concernedperson
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Mini-series?! This is more like a full blown reality television series instead!! Call it, ACCORDING TO DREW! LOL

You are right! You couldn't make this stuff up and have people actually believe it!!! Life IS stranger than fiction!

It just goes on and on. I have only seen this kind of recruitment in one other case but it blows my mind.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi close! This guy makes Jason look like an angel. (OK, well not really.) :DLOL Drew should have opted for a hockey mask instead of the bandana!!! :rolleyes:

Leila
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM

I was assuming that after Cassandra saw the two cars in the driveway at 2:30am, the two cars remained there for the rest of the night. But, he could have driven the Denali to the truck stop.

DP didn't know that Cassandra had been driving by the house and observing the presence or lack of presence of the cars. He probably was aware that she came by the house at 11:00pm and spoke to one of the boys, because the boy would tell his father. But other than that, he didn't know that anyone was aware of the coming and going of the cars.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
There is still a missing blue barrel from the yard and/or the garage. What they neighbor saw was Tom and Drew moving a blue rectangular totetype container from the bedroom to the Denali. I believe that stayed in the Denali until such a time that Drew removed it...either to ship it as is now the speculation or to dump it.

oooooh, got it!!!...thanks again, SS!

so, the blue barrel is/was being looked for, simply because we know it was there & now it's gone....hmm

i want to get my timing down...so the neighbor noticed the container being brought out of the house & put in the vehicle at around 10 pm that night.....got it!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
oooooh, got it!!!...thanks again, SS!

so, the blue barrel is/was being looked for, simply because we know it was there & now it's gone....hmm

i want to get my timing down...so the neighbor noticed the container being brought out of the house & put in the vehicle at around 10 pm that night.....got it!Right!!! :dance: You got it!!

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi close! This guy makes Jason look like an angel. (OK, well not really.) :D

heck, almost!!!

hi TM!

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I was assuming that after Cassandra saw the two cars in the driveway at 2:30am, the two cars remained there for the rest of the night. But, he could have driven the Denali to the truck stop.

DP didn't know that Cassandra had been driving by the house and observing the presence or lack of presence of the cars. He probably was aware that she came by the house at 11:00pm and spoke to one of the boys, because the boy would tell his father. But other than that, he didn't know that anyone was aware of the coming and going of the cars.I think Drew might have suspected as much tho. Cassandra might think he didn't know she was down the street...but he is a cop. He would notice, imo. Then again, he could have just been waiting until he could go pick up Paul (or whoever the second person turns out to be!) Either way, there was no reason to move her body from the Denali to another vehicle.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Right!!! :dance: You got it!!

lol...

good grief!...miss a few hours here & there, & it's real easy to get lost!..so much happening....they're closing in on DP, that's for sure...LE is putting all the pieces of the 'puzzle' together...

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
:laugh:

LOL Drew should have opted for a hockey mask instead of the bandana!!! :rolleyes:

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM

same here SS...unless DP wanted to shuffle things about...to make things confusing???...make the trail harder to follow, so to speak?

close_enough
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks Windchime. so two guys guys walking around a truckstop at 3:30am looking for help, wouldn't be unusual and the right price leads me right back to 25K.

exactly, Suzi!....

thanks for the info WC....

Angelray
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Does this Paul have a place of his own or is he just staying with DP?
anyone know?

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Right now, he is camping out with Drew as far as I know...but he is wearing a wedding band.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
per fox news just now....another truck driver will be interviewed at 8 pm (eastern time) ... claims he talked with DP at another time..???....ugh, just barely caught this info....

also, if i heard correctly, TM managed the truck stop, in the past?????

anyone hear this just now????

regardless, there will be some info given on Fox at 8 pm....

close_enough
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
yep yep...others heard the above also...thought i was hearing things for minute...checked Stacy's website & gretawire....should be interesting on Fox at 8 pm...

SuziQ
12-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Cool, report back! I'm still biting at the bit for Newsweek to come out tomorrow.

Leila
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I think Drew might have suspected as much tho. Cassandra might think he didn't know she was down the street...but he is a cop. He would notice, imo. Then again, he could have just been waiting until he could go pick up Paul (or whoever the second person turns out to be!) Either way, there was no reason to move her body from the Denali to another vehicle.

The only thing that's a problem with this scenario - moving the container from the bedroom to the Denali - is that the cadaver dogs hit on the bedroom and one of the cars, and according to someone (Sharon next door?) it was Stacy's car that the cadaver dogs hit on. Wasn't it Stacy's car that DP wouldn't allow the police to search the first time the police came to the house? It was only when they came back with the first search warrant that they were allowed to search it.

Unless the person who saw the cadaver dogs hit on one of the cars is mistaken in which car the dogs hit on, then at one point Stacy's body must have been in her car.

Liz
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
SuziQ, I believe Cassandra said that it would be coming out today. And here's the link:

chicoliving
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Stacy's car was the first vehicle to leave the driveway that day.....

close_enough
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
The only thing that's a problem with this scenario - moving the container from the bedroom to the Denali - is that the cadaver dogs hit on the bedroom and one of the cars, and according to someone (Sharon next door?) it was Stacy's car that the cadaver dogs hit on. Wasn't it Stacy's car that DP wouldn't allow the police to search the first time the police came to the house? It was only when they came back with the first search warrant that they were allowed to search it.

Unless the person who saw the cadaver dogs hit on one of the cars is mistaken in which car the dogs hit on, then at one point Stacy's body must have been in her car.

yes, i remember hearing all this also, Leila....i think you're right...IF all of this is true, Stacy was put into her own car, at some point....

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
SuziQ, I believe Cassandra said that it would be coming out today. And here's the link:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/67796/page/1 I think Cassandra corrected that to Monday. : )

close_enough
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM

interesting....

The men asked the truckers to "transport a package to an undisclosed location;" after reaching the location, the men would "regain possession of the package and continue transporting it to a location not accessible by semi-trailers," the statement said.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Stacy's car was the first vehicle to leave the driveway that day.....This is true, but he could have moved her car to the airport then left it there until later. If he did this after he killed Stacy, he would carry the fresh "scent" on his clothing...wouldn't he? He probably showered after that and with her sealed in a container...there would be no scent picked up in his Denali...especially if he had treated her in some way such as left her in the bathtub covered in bleach perhaps.

close_enough
12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Cool, report back! I'm still biting at the bit for Newsweek to come out tomorrow.

i will :)

mysteriew
12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I had totally missed this before, until a commenter at Greta pointed it out.

Drew P got a call from BB police about midnight telling him that Cass had filed a missing person's report on her sister. So that could possibly explain the reason for the request of the truckers.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/northwest/chi-peterson_01nov01,0,6805815.story

Leila
12-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Drew P got a call from BB police about midnight telling him that Cass had filed a missing person's report on her sister. So that could possibly explain the reason for the request of the truckers.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/northwest/chi-peterson_01nov01,0,6805815.story

So DP was alerted (at midnight by the BB police) that his time for disposing of the body was short, and had to act quickly.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/northwest/chi-peterson_01nov01,0,6805815.story OMG! I missed that, too!! Nothing like tipping ole' Drew off...huh?! That does add another element of urgency to the picture that night.