PDA

View Full Version : Cal-Sag Channel Search

Pages : [1] 2

Greybeard
12-04-2007, 09:59 AM
While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?
Just wondering if this is possible.

Here is a snip from today’s Herald News online edition:
State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
Greybeard

Sorry forgot to add this link I am not sure how to do this:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/679353,4_1_JO04_PETERSON_S1.article

(I just Googled the Chicago Hearld News Online to get this)

SuziQ
12-04-2007, 10:05 AM
While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?

State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
Greybeard

Do you have a link?

Camper
12-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Wellll, interesting post Greybeard, this seems to be turning into a clone case similar to the Laci Peterson case.

Then the questions that remain, are HOW DO you dump a body overboard from a SMALL boat like Scott had. BUT BUT BUT IF IF IF a drug type dealer had a BIGGER boat to meet OTHER boats and transfer drugs, the possibility exists.

IF IF IF there was a boat involved here, could or would there have been an ability to have rented it in 'days' prior to the MISSING Stacy. Advance preparation, pre meditation?

Where might there have been a 'BOAT' rental to access this chanel area. I am a dumbell on WATER stuff. I know Colorado Mountain stuff not waterways.

Great thought Greybeard!!!!!!!!!!!

Camper
12-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Greybeard

--->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?

DP most likely would have had to have helped. Keep in mind he lost 30 pounds doing something that was HARD work. WONDER IF IF IF any of his cohorts lost weight during the same time frame?????

browneyedgirl
12-04-2007, 10:34 AM
I do believe that GB might be onto something here. I've believed from the beginning that SP wasn't disposed of in the barrell. I think that was something that DP used to throw off LE and media. That's why I believe he has remained so smug in public, until the story of the truckers broke. His smugness isn't so apparent now, IMHO.

After that plan fell through, who knows what he might have done. The boat theory is as good as any. Maybe he figured that after Scott Peterson, we wouldn't believe DP was as stupid as Scott was.

Good theory, Greybeard.:clap:

Greybeard
12-04-2007, 11:23 AM
--->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?
--Camper
------------------------------

I don't know this area at all, so I hope someone local can
help us a little. I did find a few things here:
http://www.epa.state.il.us/mailman/listinfo/chicago-area-waterways

"The Chicago Area Waterways System, or CAWS, consists of 78 miles of canals and modified streams located within Cook and surrounding counties. The CAWS consists of the Chicago River, its two main branches (North Branch and South Branch), as well as the Cal-Sag Channel, the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, and the tributaries in an area extending from the metropolitan Chicago area to the Lockport vicinity. It also includes Lake Calumet."

I think it even connects to Lake Michigan, and has everything
from barge traffic to parks and boat landings for fisherman.

Greybeard

SuziQ
12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

Greybeard, it certainly does seem that LE is focusing on one area.

Camper
12-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

--->>>Maybe LE had information from the two truckers that surfaced about 'the' location that 'the' package was to be delivered to.

Greybeard
12-04-2007, 12:21 PM

------------------------------------------------------------
Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman

LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport

When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetMap.jsp?cmty=0

Probably no connection though.

Greybeard

dee10134
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman

LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport

When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetMap.jsp?cmty=0

Probably no connection though.

Greybeard

John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.

dee10134
12-04-2007, 12:30 PM
By the way, it's not the Cal-Sag Channel in Lockport, it's the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal there. The Cal-Sag Channel branches off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal near 111th Street in Lemont and is no where near Lockport.

I posted some maps in the Blue Barrel thread a few days ago that details the location of these waterways. I have NO IDEA why the media keeps referring to the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal as the Cal-Sag Channel, but it's incorrect.

Greybeard
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
Sorry if I caused any confusion.
GB

Camper
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.

--->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

dee10134
12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
--->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

IMHO the two are not connected. John Davis' brother Charles and sister-in-law live in the area and John and Charles worked on kitchen and bathroom side-jobs together, so yes, John Davis was employed and had family and friends in the area, so was somewhat established there.

dee10134
12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
Sorry if I caused any confusion.
GB

Nope, no confusion at all.

I'm from the area and have not seen a single flyer in town looking for John Davis or Stacy Peterson, which is a shame. There have been recent muggings in the alley behind the bars between 10th and 7th & State so maybe John Davis met a more sinister fate...

I have some friends that frequent the bars and no one seems to know John Davis, so maybe he didn't drink, so I don't know what to think about his disappearance. Either way, I don't think that John Davis and Drew Peterson are connected, IMHO.

dee10134
12-04-2007, 02:08 PM

According to the news stories I've read, John Davis went out with his brother and sister-in-law on Saturday. His brother and sister-in-law dropped him off at his apartment on the 400 block of State Street around 10 p.m. John was supposed to go to work on a side-job with his brother Charles, on Sunday morning. When John didn't show up by 7:30, the brother started worrying since John was ALWAYS on time, so they went by his house at 8:30ish and found his car in the garage. Charles got a custodian to open the apartment where they found his keys still there. They believe he is wearing a camouflage jacket and that he went missing after 6 am, since there were signs that he made and drank coffee that morning...

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
We had discussed a boat early on and IIRC we thought he did have one, but cannot recall where it was or why it never entered the picture. There was a reason tho. I thought with the rest of the toys, a boat made perfect sense, too. Anyone remember why we didn't feel a boat played a part here?

Of course, brother Paul might have a boat. We aren't uncovering much about Paul, are we?!

Tom'sGirl
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
We had discussed a boat early on and IIRC we thought he did have one,
but cannot recall where it was or why it never entered the picture. There was a reason tho. I thought with the rest of the toys, a boat made perfect sense, too. Anyone remember why we didn't feel a boat played a part here?

Of course, brother Paul might have a boat. We aren't uncovering much about Paul, are we?!

Wasn't it because someone brought up Rice Lake and found a page from a fishing site with the name Morphey?
Also I mentioned when it was being discussed that I saw no room in DP's back yard for a boat unless it was parked behind his travel trailer (the one RM stayed in at one point).

Is my memory going :hand:

ETA: You're right, we have little info. on brother Paul or even a photo of where he lives. There has been a photo of where Tom Morphey lives however.

Here's where we were discussing it http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1820004&postcount=80

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks, TG!

Littledeer
12-04-2007, 06:08 PM
In the beginning, we were so busy with the "plane" theory that a boat was not discussed. I believe the boat was briefly discussed after itsreween found a picture of the 2 Morphey brothers fishings, but we did not stay with that theory.

But it is a good one. Wasn't there a picture of Drew and Stacy on a boat at one time???? Are there any "yahct clubs" around the area that maybe Drew is a charter member of??

Leila
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
I brought up the idea of a boat after seeing a picture of a boat parked in the street in from of DP's house. But then it was explained that the boat belonged to one of the searchers and that it was there because the searchers were having a meeting at Sharon's house. :)

At that time it was discussed that there was no room in the backyard of DP's home for another "toy" and someone posted the aerial shot of the backyard showing the pool, the RV and other assorted toys.

But........now that the subject has been brought back up.......I don't think anyone has explored the possibility that DP might have ready access to a boat, through his brother, Paul, or step-brothers, Thomas and John Morphey. Or, through one of his police buddys........Mike Robison, or through relatives that as of now are unknown????

cricket
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
One of Greta's producers over at Gretawire stated that the canal has been blocked off or shut down tonight for 24 hours and they have divers going in. I wonder if they have cleared the cars and debris and then found something with sonar?

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2007, 11:30 PM
No, I think they simply blocked off the area so they can conduct their search.

ThoughtFox
12-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Oh my gosh! How are you, Greybeard! So glad to see you around! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/5.gif

Indeed, it is quite interesting about this barrel that might be in the waterway - deja vu all over again, ain't it?

Leila
12-05-2007, 01:29 AM
At the family website - findstacypeterson.com there's a discussion of the canal search under the topic of "updates" page 5. Someone that has a business along the canal states that they were alerted late today that the canal would be closed to traffic for 24 hours or so. There will be no barge traffic. The poster gives a specific area that's shut down.

ThoughtFox
12-05-2007, 02:25 AM
At the family website - findstacypeterson.com there's a discussion of the canal search under the topic of "updates" page 5. Someone that has a business along the canal states that they were alerted late today that the canal would be closed to traffic for 24 hours or so. There will be no barge traffic. The poster gives a specific area that's shut down.

Thanks - here's the link directly to that page, and the poster is "From Illinois":
http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=811.100

Businesses along the canal have been instructed that all barge traffic will be halted so that divers can search the canal over the next 24 hours or so. No link - just what they have been told effective immediately.
~~~~~~~~

...Searching and questioning has been going on but this is the first time we have had to stop business - ever.
~~~~~~~~

...Not all locations but definitely the Ship and Sanitary near the Citgo refinery. There is a hunting area along there that has been searched as well. Romeoville Rd. & New Avenue.
~~~~~~~~

135th an New Avenue along the Citgo refinery
~~~~~~~~

...but they were blocking off roads earlier in prep. It's snowing -- at least an inch or two. Not sure if they will wait til morning but will find out then

Got a picture from Google Earth -interesting terrain and not many people living out there. That must be the refinery with the tanks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/sip44/PetersonSearch1.jpg

ThoughtFox
12-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Going back to the search in Lockport - this picture shows just how close that is to Romeoville. The canal (Ship&Sanitary?) is the dark straight line running through the middle of the picture, and the Citgo refinery that the poster said was being searched is at the top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/sip44/PetersonSearch2.jpg

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Hmmm...now that is interesting, Thoughtfox! (By the way...have we met?)

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Going back to the search in Lockport - this picture shows just how close that is to Romeoville. The canal (Ship&Sanitary?) is the dark straight line running through the middle of the picture, and the Citgo refinery that the poster said was being searched is at the top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/sip44/PetersonSearch2.jpg

What a mess of canals and ponds and well everything. The urgency to search, the 24 hour shutdown. Specific info maybe?

ETA: The weather has to make diving more dangerous. For LE to be doing the dive leads me to believe there is more specific info.

Greybeard
12-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh my gosh! How are you, Greybeard! So glad to see you around! http://bestsmileys.com/waving/5.gif

Indeed, it is quite interesting about this barrel that might be in the waterway - deja vu all over again, ain't it?

Hey T/F long time no see. Sad we have meet again because of someone like this guy eh?
Well, after further review; I am trying to figure out if putting a plastic container underwater
is really a fact. I believe it was used for transport, but if she went into that canal; I just don't see it. Do you think that barrel could have been emptied and tossed separately? Ya know,
we did see mention of diving weights.
Is there a bridge where they are searching with the divers?

Greybeard

Camper
12-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Like SuziQ, I am thinking there has to be something specific happening to have gone to such measures.

The areas shown on the preceding maps could have in fact some heavy duty LARGE trash disposal bins that would accomodate an empty 'container' the size that would have been used for Stacy.

Wonder IF IF IF a container like that was found by an enterprising trash haulerl Just sitting and doing my wait and see with the rest of you.

Trino
12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
The areas shown on the preceding maps could have in fact some heavy duty LARGE trash disposal bins that would accomodate an empty 'container' the size that would have been used for Stacy. Wonder IF IF IF a container like that was found by an enterprising trash haulerl Just sitting and doing my wait and see with the rest of you.

Very keen observation. Are (werer) some of the ships hauling garbage?

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
For LE to close down this canal for 24 solid hours..they must have some very strong info that something specific they are looking for is in there.

I don't think it would be a cell phone, but I could be wrong..they must have some peice of evidence that is leading them to close this particular area of the canal and search. But this is huge..for LE to take this step.

And not only what is that evidence, but who or what pointed them to this area? I like Camper's idea about the barrel being found close by..but could they have kept that quiet and away from the media ? Obviously they don't want anyone else in the area while this search is going on.

Anyone local hear anything about news choppers in the area where the search is?

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks for posting this TF. I've been nursing a bad case of bronchitis and still trying to follow this case. Haven't been able to do any research on the area. Just going from what you great sleuthers have put up. I pictured the canal much smaller. I had no idea it was for barge traffic. Is there tree cover?? Woods? Or is it more open? How deep is it?

Thanks - here's the link directly to that page, and the poster is "From Illinois":
http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=811.100

Got a picture from Google Earth -interesting terrain and not many people living out there. That must be the refinery with the tanks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/sip44/PetersonSearch1.jpg

Camper
12-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Wellll, IF IF my thoughts are correct, and 'the' blue container has been found, most likely they would be checking the container for signs of missing 'blue plastic particles' that were found in the Denali.

WHAT IF IF IF other fibres might have been found on the missing barrel IF IF IF they have found the container. IF IF that would be true, perhaps that could be 'the' reason for the 2nd home search warrant.

Additionally IF IF the container has been found, perhaps there are still traces of Stacy's dna in IT.

ThoughtFox
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Hmmm...now that is interesting, Thoughtfox! (By the way...have we met?)
Well . . . here? Do I know you from somewhere else? :)

Greybeard: What if he put the body in the water, and then completely destroyed the barrel by chopping it up or something and then put it in garbage bags or just threw the pieces in a nearby dumpster? We have had to break up plastic boxes before for the garbage service here because everything has to be bagged for our landfill.

And there are bridges - see picture below: there's one over the canal, and another over a secondary smaller canal that runs parallel - is that a creek?

Pocono: There are trees all around there - those fuzzy patches:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/sip44/PetersonSearch3.jpg

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
The below link show live video of canal search:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/livemedia?section=weather&id=5815404

kpass
12-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Can someone please send me Stacey Peterson's address & Lisa Stebec's as well? I tried to Google it, but found nothing! Thanks...

Greybeard
12-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Greybeard: What if he put the body in the water, and then completely destroyed the barrel by chopping it up or something and then put it in garbage bags or just threw the pieces in a nearby dumpster? We have had to break up plastic boxes before for the garbage service here because everything has to be bagged for our landfill.
--T/Fox
--------------------------------------------------------
Ya know T/F, seems to me one of the reporters on the TV said
they flew around and counted about 10 barrels just lying around.
That would be sometin' if the cops found the right one using a dog eh? Those darn dogs again.... from the looks of things no one would even look twice at a barrel otherwise.
I think it's just a matter of time on this one.
I vote they charge him on the other one first, then if more evidence appears they can get him again. He is worried about his love life, so I say let him have one. (wearing orange)
Scott acted the same way afterwards don't ya think?

Greybeard

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Cnn.com has the same live feed linked above, but closer and easier to see.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
Email from OTR Producer in Bolingbrook:
We are heading out to different search areas. Weather is bad! 4 inches of snow and still coming down. We are hopong to get closer to the canal this morning, last night the weather made it impossible.
We have some pretty solid new leads and are trying to piece everything together, but as soon as we do we will update.
Kerry E. O’Connor

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/05/update-from-bolingbrook-2/

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking for a copter to be there for as long as it has, they are expecting something to be brought up, IMO.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 01:47 PM
This sounds very possible to me GB. He probably figured another blue barrel tossed in there would be no big deal. It's certainly not out of place with all the barge traffic. Could he have had her body shipped out on a barge by an unsuspecting person? Just toss the barrel with others that are being loaded for removal. I hate this man more than I hate SP. At least SP tried to look upset and shed some pathetic tears. DP is just plain coldhearted. I am hoping for an arrest asap. He should not be out with others and he should DEFINITELY not be with children.

Speaking of children, I had a dark thought the other night while lurking. You don't think he'd do something to the children, do you? As a last FU to everyone. I'm not sure he'd kill himself since he's so narcissistic, but he's so twisted maybe he'd murder the children so Cassandra couldn't have them.

--T/Fox
--------------------------------------------------------
Ya know T/F, seems to me one of the reporters on the TV said
they flew around and counted about 10 barrels just lying around.
That would be sometin' if the cops found the right one using a dog eh? Those darn dogs again.... from the looks of things no one would even look twice at a barrel otherwise.
I think it's just a matter of time on this one.
I vote they charge him on the other one first, then if more evidence appears they can get him again. He is worried about his love life, so I say let him have one. (wearing orange)
Scott acted the same way afterwards don't ya think?

Greybeard

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Do you all see the white marker floats they are leaving in place?

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, this looks to me like they've found something.

Do you all see the white marker floats they are leaving in place?

trouble
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
try this link from WMAQ
http://www.nbc5.com/videostream/5825372/detail.html?treets=chi&tml=chi_break&ts=T&tmi=chi_break_1_11520312052007

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Has DP been out in the media today or yesterday? Or pulling any of his idiotic stunts?

If not, then perhaps he is getting nervous. Maybe they are too close for comfort at this point of the investigation.

PS. Does anyone know what the long line leading from the white truck into the water is? Looks like it's hooked to a winch.

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm wondering if there is a connection between the most recent search warrant and this activity today.

It seems that the men at the canal are pretty focused on "something".

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 01:59 PM
The weather is turning really bad, I bet the copters have to retreat soon.

englishleigh
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
If this is where Drew put her, don't you know he is soiling himself?

Oh, please God, let them find Stacy!!!!!

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
try this link from WMAQ
http://www.nbc5.com/videostream/5825372/detail.html?treets=chi&tml=chi_break&ts=T&tmi=chi_break_1_11520312052007

It locks up on me. Any commentary by NBC?

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
CNN ended the stream but that was right after (i'm not sure) I think I saw them pulling something up. I think.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
If this is where Drew put her, don't you know he is soiling himself?

Oh, please God, let them find Stacy!!!!!

Looks like he may have rolled her off the canal wall.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
OMG SuziQ you may be right on the button there!

Looks like he may have rolled her off the canal wall.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:06 PM
NBC5 just said "It does appear they have found something."

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
NBC5 just said "It does appear they have found something."

I tried nbc again and it locked up on me again. Keep us posted. Anyone see any coroner vehicles in the area?

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I didn't see the coroner's vehicle, but there is a long line of official cars there. They've also brought in a second tow truck (for the winch) and a flat bed.

I tried nbc again and it locked up on me again. Keep us posted. Anyone see any coroner vehicles in the area?

trouble
12-05-2007, 02:11 PM
It locks up on me. Any commentary by NBC?

yes either the reporter or pilot is talking

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm watching FoxNews and I'm trying not to read too much into things but they seem very focused. More people are coming over and focusing in on "something".

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Well ,not much going on the diver is out of the water..they just panned out to show you the entire area over to Statesville Prison.
I think they are waiting maybe for another diver to go in..probably deciding where to go next.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I can see him backing up here and just rolling the barrel out the hatch and into the water.

God I hope they find her today. Not the way we wanted this to end, but she deserves peace. That damn basta$d should rot!
If he's watching this and they are getting close I am really afraid for those children. Really. Afraid.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
yes either the reporter or pilot is talking

Welcome to WS!

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
From NBC5: (paraphrasing) They were dragging the bottom. Now they are pulling cables off the tow trucks and the reporter seems to believe they found something and are preparing to pull it up.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
He's discussing the weather has improved..snow stopped, sun out.

Can see another diver now.

The diver is trying to hook the lead from the truck onshore around something in the water. Can't tell if or what they may have found..or if this part of the proceedure to dredging the bottom of the canal in this area.

Whatever they tried to hook there came undone when it was being pulled up by the tow truck.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Diver and boat crew trying to hook cable up to 'something' to bring up. Diver is going down with hook right now to recover it.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I see bubbles like something is being pulled up.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Everyone gathered around tow truck looking into canal. Diver gave thumbs up to authorities meaning he's hooked whatever it is.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Boats backing off to make room for recovery. Bringing something up with now.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Hook came off. Trying again.

englishleigh
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the play-by-play, Guys. I'm at work and trying to watch it online but have to keep x'ing out when people walk in.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Divers re-entering the water to try again.

Doesn't appear they are having much luck at this point..(his words not mine)

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Divers going back down to rehook. Whatever it is they are trying to hook must be of some substance and weight because the two truck winch is visibly tightening. Plus it could be something round since the hook keeps coming off (barrel). It's pretty crowded by the edge of the canal now with officials all gathering around. The media has been asked to leave canal area.

I think this may be it.

indallas2
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the play-by-play, Guys. I'm at work and trying to watch it online but have to keep x'ing out when people walk in.

Yea, me too - thanks!!!! I really hope this is IT!

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Divers going back down to rehook. Whatever it is they are trying to hook must be of some substance and weight because the two truck winch is visibly tightening. Plus it could be something round since the hook keeps coming off (barrel). It's pretty crowded by the edge of the canal now with officials all gathering around. The media has been asked to leave canal area.

I think this may be it.

If the copter pans away or leaves then we know this is it.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Just commentary now as they try to rehook. Reporter just suggested it's something circular in nature being they are having a hard time hooking it.

WHERE is DP today? I am seriously worried for those children. You just know he's watching this on tv.

Taximom
Oh my gosh. For the families, I hope this is it. :(

SuziQ
The copter panned away and feed ended.

kljohnson0458
12-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone. Have been a reader forever but been gone a long while. Had to come to where I knew I'd get the best reports on Stacy. I pray to heaven this is it only wish it wasn't so horrible. I too hope he rots in h*ll. Thanks for the updates Pocono.

indallas2
12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Just commentary now as they try to rehook. Reporter just suggested it's something circular in nature being they are having a hard time hooking it.

WHERE is DP today? I am seriously worried for those children. You just know he's watching this on tv.

I would hope that LE has someone watching him closely.

Pocono Sleuther
I still have sound but no pic. They are pulling the tow truck out now (acc to reporter). Taking wheel chalks and pulling in outrigging.
Maybe trying another piece of equipment. I hope they aren't done. I have a feeling this is where she is. Local media assembling.

SuziQ
Hi everyone. Have been a reader forever but been gone a long while. Had to come to where I knew I'd get the best reports on Stacy. I pray to heaven this is it only wish it wasn't so horrible. I too hope he rots in h*ll. Thanks for the updates Pocono.

Welcome to WS!

indallas2
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Welcome to the board!! :D

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Videos back. Boats are empty now. Perhaps taking a break?

Welcome to WS!

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Another live feed and some audio here

http://cbs2chicago.com/

Bigfoot
Re-fueling, they will use WGN's helicopter coverage.

DeltaDawn
The copter crew is leaving..and will be relieved by another copter crew.

kljohnson0458
Thanks Suzi and InDallas. I think we'd better start praying for those kids. This man is a walking time bomb.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Suzi and InDallas. I think we'd better start praying for those kids. This man is a walking time bomb.

I wonder what's going on in front of Petersons house right now?

BrowneyedEmily
12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Just caught this on the news. Fox's feed is still going, diver just came back up.

If this is her, it's bittersweet.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
klj you are right! He could go off at any moment imo. Everyone around him is in danger right now. He does seem the type to go down fighting. I don't see him walking off into a police car with handcuffs on calmly. Perhaps he sees his world ending and is willing to take others with him. He's a selfish jerk. Those kids are in danger imo.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
CBS, person on copter saying very easy access to the canal, drive right up to it.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Does anyone else hear the annoying buzz from the CBS helicopter live feed? Let me know if they say something interesting, I have to turn the volume off.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I asked Dee that question over the weekend I think and she said yes..in this area lots of access to the canal...........That is alot of water to cover when you are using divers in dark water like this.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
It's on my nerves too. I'm trying to ignore it. I'll let ya know what's being said, if anything.

Does anyone else hear the annoying buzz from the CBS helicopter live feed? Let me know if they say something interesting, I have to turn the volume off.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I think LE is always around the area of Drew's house..refuse to call it a home now that Stacy is gone.

Watching CBS now and it seems the audio is between someone in the copter and someone int he station..we can't hear the ? the person is asking in the station..but we can hear the responses by the person in the copter.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Just said a bunch of live feed sat trucks trying to get in and they won't let them anywhere near there. They normally do this only if they've found something, right?

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I wish they were in the house. He's likely to be watching this and freaking out if they're close.

I think LE is always around the area of Drew's house..refuse to call it a home now that Stacy is gone.

kljohnson0458
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
klj you are right! He could go off at any moment imo. Everyone around him is in danger right now. He does seem the type to go down fighting. I don't see him walking off into a police car with handcuffs on calmly. Perhaps he sees his world ending and is willing to take others with him. He's a selfish jerk. Those kids are in danger imo.

Little question he will take whoever he can down with him. He has exhibited such bizarre behavior these past few weeks with videoing the media, calling the police, placing cones and such around his house and street. From the moment I saw his face on TV I said, there is one controlling b*stard and he knows exactly where Stacy is and if she had run off with another man, SOMEONE would have heard from her by now. He killed her and the more he runs that mouth the :liar: his nose gets. I said the other night after Headline News that he and SP were the same egg and it split. One just has a little more charisma than the other, this particular one in the limelight now makes me sick!! JMO

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Just said a bunch of live feed sat trucks trying to get in and they won't let them anywhere near there. They normally do this only if they've found something, right?

That's been my experience.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Firetrucks now where the towtruck was. One diver in the water.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Diver just went back in.

Bigfoot
12-05-2007, 02:52 PM
They just put another diver back in the water.

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Diver just went back in.

These divers deserve alot of credit.

I hope they find Stacy today. :(

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Firetruck could have better tools. Plus they have a metal 'basket' for carrying people in. Think a gurney but wire and deep so the person can't roll out.

weekender
12-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Does anyone have a link to the live feed with sound? The CBS feed is driving me crazy!

Bigfoot
12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
http://media.myfoxchicago.com/HTML/live1.html

DeltaDawn
Does anyone have a link to the live feed with sound? The CBS feed is driving me crazy!
Me too..I can't take the buzzing..looking now for another feed

Pocono Sleuther
Looks to me like they moved the tow truck up to a better area for recovery. And in the process had to move the firetruck down. The place where the tow truck is now has more of a 'lip' of land to place something on.

Taximom
These divers deserve alot of credit.

I hope they find Stacy today. :(

I was just thinking that about the divers, IdahoMom. God bless them, and keep them safe.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Did I just hear the reporter say "the prison is just over my shoulder", meaning if DrewP is ever convicted he may just be overlooking this waterway? :eek:

Remind you of someone?

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Something is definitely up with for all the stations to put their copters in the air.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
A poster on the link Bigfoot posted said "watch them pull out Lisa Stebic". Yikes.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 02:59 PM
If this is the blue barrel or tote, do you think her body could have come out in the process of their trying to recover it?

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Did I just hear the reporter say "the prison is just over my shoulder", meaning if DrewP is ever convicted he may just be overlooking this waterway? :eek:

Remind you of someone?

It's times like this I love irony.

indallas2
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Remind you of someone?

Yup, the similarities between this case and the Scott P case are incredible and horrifying.

Bigfoot
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Fox just left to re-fuel, but CBS is still on. Interesting that downtown Chicago it is snowing like crazy but out there is isn't, I think someone "upstairs" is helping them out.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
If this is the blue barrel or tote, do you think her body could have come out in the process of their trying to recover it?

Oh, Pocono. I hope not. :(

trouble
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Fox just left to re-fuel, but CBS is still on. Interesting that downtown Chicago it is snowing like crazy but out there is isn't, I think someone "upstairs" is helping them out.

it's called lake effect snow

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all the live links, everyone. :blowkiss:

Bigfoot
12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Duh, I know that but I was just stating a fact. The search isn't THAT far away from all the snow.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
At least we have plenty of daytime hours left. Hopefully the weather there stays the same or gets better in that area.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
Check out emails from OTR Producer Cory Howard at the scene in Bolingbrook, Illinois:
http://gretawire.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/cory.thumbnail.jpg (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/01/emails-from-otr-producer-cory-howard-in-bolingbrook-illinois/2414/)
To: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, Meade
Sent: Wed Dec 05 13:11:19 2007
Subject: Fyi…
We are in Lockport, IL where they have started searching this area in the investigation for Stacy Peterson. Right now we see one police car blocking off the area making sure only authorized persons come in. We just saw a truck go thru w/ a boat attached.
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 1:24 PM
To: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, Meade
Subject: Re: Fyi…
4 helicopters over area (staying in same spot not moving)… We see
emergency service trucks/ firetruck… We climbed over the railroad
tracks to get better vo.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/05/emails-from-bolingbrook-whats-going-on-there/

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks all of you for posting the updates. I can't get any of the live feeds to play! :banghead:

They are using the two trucks. I read earlier that there are a lot of vehicles down there. What ever it is could be wedged under a vehicle and the tow trucks or at least one of them could be used to stabilize the vehicle while they get at whatever is wedged.

Leila
12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I just got online a short time ago and have been trying to follow this. I had the NBC-5 link real good, and then the helicopter left the scene - I think to re-fuel and change crew. I've now got CBS, with the fox coverage minimized as they too seem to be re-fueling.

Question.........we've got the fire apparatus parked parallel to the canal. in front of it is another red vehicle with a black top - what's that?

Okay....they just zoomed in - that vehicle is the dive team vehicle

trouble
12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Duh, I know that but I was just stating a fact. The search isn't THAT far away from all the snow.

I wasn't trying to be mean..just stating a fact:blowkiss:

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe it was asked before, but would someone mind telling me how far this spot is from Stacy's home?

chicoliving
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Looks like the dive teams vehicles. Oh the copter just went in close to one and it says Dive Team on the top front of the vehicle (where a bus would show the route)

Leila
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
In all the other searches there's never been coverage like this - so I really think LE must be pretty positive about whatever it is they're trying to bring up.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
The guy in the copter on cbs is an idiot..I can't stand his comments..he doesn't even know where he is..just asked someone if this is the Sanitary Shipping Canal..he keeps yawining..does he know he is involved in a breaking story?

Leila
12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Looks like the dive teams vehicles. Oh the copter just went in close to one and it says Dive Team on the top front of the vehicle (where a bus would show the route)

Chico..........right after I posted - I saw the camera zoom in and saw the "dive team" logo. :)

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
CBS doing live report from copter...rotating divers and nothing found yet.

Pocono Sleuther
A red van just pulled right next to the firetruck.

chicoliving
ok what's this new red vehicle that's pulled up close??

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe it was asked before, but would someone mind telling me how far this spot is from Stacy's home?

I think this is around the are Dee talked about the other day, 15 mins or so, IIRC.

Masterj
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I am at work right now and not by a tv. I hope you all know how much those of us away from the tv appreciate your updates! While I certainly don't want Stacy's story to end this way, if this is it at least her family will have the answers they deserve.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
The guy in the copter on cbs is an idiot..I can't stand his comments..he doesn't even know where he is..just asked someone if this is the Sanitary Shipping Canal..he keeps yawining..does he know he is involved in a breaking story?

Maybe he's related to Drew.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Good Lord, that cameraperson is making me dizzy.

kljohnson0458
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe he's related to Drew.

Yea, he ought to at least put a bandana over his mouth when he yawns. :slap:

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 03:23 PM
That red van next to the firetruck reminds me of an old ambulance. But it's painted fire engine red with a red light bar. I wonter what that is. I don't see a coroner having a red van.

chicoliving
12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Despite the winter weather, crews have three boats out in the canal and divers are in the water. They are trying to attach lines from a tow truck to something under the water.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5815413

SuziQ
good live feed back on CNN.com

Taximom
Yep, that location is adjacent to Stateville Penitentiary.

IdahoMom
The FoxNews feed has audio now and it's not too bad...

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
That red van next to the firetruck reminds me of an old ambulance. But it's painted fire engine red with a red light bar. I wonter what that is. I don't see a coroner having a red van.

Fire departments sometimes use older fire equipment to hold and carry the backup equipment like salvage equipment.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:27 PM
:laugh:
Yea, he ought to at least put a bandana over his mouth when he yawns. :slap:

He just said "we'll be here till we run out of fuel I'm afraid, or till they find something" :slap:

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Live fox feed here:

http://www.foxnews.com/index.html

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
OKAY i AM DEFINITELY SWITCHING TO ANOTHER SOURCE..THIS GUY HAD THEM ZOOM IN A STREET SIGN SO HE KNEW WHERE HE WAS DIVISION ST..THEN REQUESTED THEY PLEASE MOVE TO OTHER SIDE SO THE SUN WASN'T IN HIS EYES..THIS MUST BE DP'S DOPPELGANGER.

TGIRecovered
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
:laugh:

He just said "we'll be here till we run out of fuel I'm afraid, or till they find something" :slap:

Send sleepyhead home. I'll volunteer to take his place for free. At least I know what is going on with the case, unlike some reporters I've heard lately.

Susan

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Send sleepyhead home. I'll volunteer to take his place for free. At least I know what is going on with the case, unlike some reporters I've heard lately.

Susan

We need our own, WS Eye in the Sky team!

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
LOL, who wants to contact Trisch and ask her if she will fund a heliocopter?

chicoliving
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Lolol

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
OK. Something has to be RIGHT THERE. They wouldn't have stayed in that one spot for so long otherwise. :twocents:

BrowneyedEmily
12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like fox feed went out, for me at least. but the abc link someone posted is good: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5815413

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Darn I've got to run to pick up the kids from school. Wish I had wifi in my car!

BrowneyedEmily
12-05-2007, 03:47 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=lockport+canal,+illinois&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.291089,95.537109&ie=UTF8&ll=41.579562,-88.060613&spn=0.011701,0.023324&z=16&om=1

That's the location of the canal. I'm not sure where the Peterson's home is, though.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Omg, the guy wanted to know what the plank was hanging off the firetruck! It's a stripe.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Where is Stacy's family? Have they gone to the canal or are they watching from home?

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Watching this reminds me of that Avril Lavigne song that seemed so fitting when Laci was missing (I'm With You). :(

curiositycat
12-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry to sound stupid but where are you guys watching this?

Watching this reminds me of that Avril Lavigne song that seemed so fitting when Laci was missing (I'm With You). :(

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
cc, pages 5 and 6 have some live feeds that are watching the canal search.

curiositycat
Thank you!

cc, pages 5 and 6 have some live feeds that are watching the canal search.

IdahoMom
Sorry to sound stupid but where are you guys watching this?

Now I'm watching this one, but it's messed up:

BrowneyedEmily
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/livemedia?section=weather&id=5815404

There's one, and I think FoxNews had a link to a live feed at one point

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Soonerbabie
12-05-2007, 03:54 PM
found this

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.search.2.603126.html

IdahoMom
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Yeah, that's better than the NBC one.

TGIRecovered
Dang! I gotta go do real life stuff. Hate it when that happens, maybe one of you guys could keep me updated by cell-phone. :slap:

SuziQ
The CBS guy is whiney though. Good vid. just turn the sound off. lol

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Dang! I gotta go do real life stuff. Hate it when that happens, maybe one of you guys could keep me updated by cell-phone. :slap:

Me too! School gets out soon. Maybe my son will get afterschool detention today.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Sounds like the CBS guy will be there for about 35 more minutes.

Geez, he just yawned again! lol

Taximom
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Me too! School gets out soon. Maybe my son will get afterschool detention today.

ROFL Too funny.

TGIRecovered
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Whaaaaaaaaa!
Bye Bye (sniff)

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
CBS copter asked to stay till they have to refuel. 25 mins.

i.b.nora
12-05-2007, 03:59 PM
CBS2 is the one that is collecting raw footage. The guy also does an occasional
radio report. His comments are not being broadcast.
Fox was linking to the CBS footage.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 04:02 PM
CBS2 is the one that is collecting raw footage. The guy also does an occasional
radio report. His comments are not being broadcast.
Fox was linking to the CBS footage.

I know that, but you'd think he'd realize this is still a webcast and would turn off his microphone for now! lol

GraceBlue
12-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Wonder if Drew is watching the live feed on tv? I hope he is sweating bullets and saying goodbye to his children right now. Seriously, who would hide a body at that location, it seems like an obvious location, in the water, right by an intersection. :doh:

Schmerty_Jones
12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Drew will say he didn't do it...but he knows who did.:liar:

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Thankfully this fool at CBS will be off in 3 or 4 min according to what he just said. He knows he is on live feed ..he asked that a couple of times..

trouble
12-05-2007, 04:09 PM
..what does everyone think the media does between live shots???

Soonerbabie
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
So are the divers still down there?

Taximom
12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Looks like everyone is leaving.

drumstick
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Kerry O' Connor is on the scene and updating Greta.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Soonerbabie
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
They are going home.

Taximom
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The lead diving boat and another boat (out of 3) have left.

i.b.nora
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Looks like everyone is going home.

And, why should the guy turn his sound off just because it is streaming on the web. Good grief! If you don't like it, turn it off.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Did anyone see anything brought up?

Leila
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Darn..........according to the local report on ABC - Chicago, there is something in that canal. They showed a closeup of the cable from the tow truck into the water........said the cable snapped.

OMG.......the guy just said......"Call Drew if you want.....the search is over."

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
(((Leila))) come back! what is that all about?
Did anyone else hear that?

lviola
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Darn..........according to the local report on ABC - Chicago, there is something in that canal. They showed a closeup of the cable from the tow truck into the water........said the cable snapped.

OMG.......the guy just said......"Call Drew if you want.....the search is over."

What does that mean?

itsreenw
12-05-2007, 04:30 PM
ROFL. SuziQ, you are definitely a sleuthaholic.

kpass
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM

Hmmm...I wonder what that means! Did they find anything substantial or not? The suspense is killing me here. I live about 30 minutes north of there...To me, it looks like a "truck" could have pulled up right there & dumped whatever (I'm thinking mmmmmmmaybe LE contacted the truck driver who actually dumped the 'pkg' for Drew) & he told them where he dumped it. I wonder how much of a flow there is in that canal. The way they mentioned taking in the debris then disposing it properly later, etc. Maybe they're thinking the pkg WAS dumped there but could have moved due to the flow? They may be examining the debris there for blue plastic shavings. God, I hope they find her soon, I feel so bad for those poor kids!

Leila
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Right after I posted above, I lost websleuths...........it's wouldn't refresh, and I just got back in.

That's exactly what the guy in the cbs helicopter said........"Call Drew if you want.....the search is over."

I couldn't believe what I heard!

Taximom
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
He can leave his microphone on if he wants, and I can turn down my volume if I want. I would just think that if he wanted to be professional about it, he would turn it down, that's all. Sheesh.

Anyway, things I gleaned from the gretacast with her producer:

Supposedly, ISP told her that they had 4 helicopters above the search scene.

They've found 4 cars in the water and those will be pulled out.

Ric Mims has been subpoened (sp!) for the GJ next Wednesday (or next week anyway).

Drew hasn't been seen around town, presumably he's at home.

This search location is close to Shorewood...where Rosetto (sp) lives.

TGIRecovered
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe he meant call Drew to get a reaction to the search being done for the day?

dee10134
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Remind you of someone?

OMG then they're near the Division Street access to the canal, like I originally thought when they were searching near the 9th Street bridge!!!!! Holy **** guys! :eek:

The prison is on Division and just west of Rt. 53!!

Taximom
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
OMG then they're near the Division Street access to the canal, like I originally thought when they were searching near the 9th Street bridge!!!!! Holy **** guys! :eek:

The prison is on Division and just west of Rt. 53!!

Yes, Dee! They had a close-up shot of the Division St. sign at one point so they could figure out where they were.

dee10134
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Taximom, maybe 10-15 miles or so from Lockport to Bolingbrook... not far at all.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Right after I posted above, I lost websleuths...........it's wouldn't refresh, and I just got back in.

That's exactly what the guy in the cbs helicopter said........"Call Drew if you want.....the search is over."

I couldn't believe what I heard!

I heard that too..what a jerk to make a comment like that.

He is a news person, he should have been acting as a professional..he really showed he is not ready for on air commentary...and no I shouldn't have to turn the sound down or off on a public news broadcst..this man should not have been given live feed capability..his comments and remarks were way off base for the importance of the events he was broadcasting.

dee10134
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I think this is around the are Dee talked about the other day, 15 mins or so, IIRC.

I think they're at the location of the defunct Division Street bridge because one of the reporters mentioned the prison was right behind their shoulder. Stateville Penitentiary is on Division.

I just had an instinct that he would have dumped her from Division Street because it's very secluded and no traffic there.... :( I hope to God they find her today!

dee10134
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM

Will County Coroner's Vans are usually dark navy blue with the Will County logo on the back sides of the vans. They may have an emergency department vehicle there if the coroner's not available.....

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Taximom, maybe 10-15 miles or so from Lockport to Bolingbrook... not far at all.

Dee, This is the exact area we were discusing and you were describing to us over the weekend..good work my friend.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Not to put a damper on. But how much could the pilot see from up in the air? They may have found something, or even somebody....but he couldn't tell who. Sounds like this area might be a drop off point that could be commonly used.

ISPTRAX
12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I heard that too..what a jerk to make a comment like that.

He is a news person, he should have been acting as a professional..he really showed he is not ready for on air commentary...

My husband is in TV news and the "on air professional" wouldn't have been in the helicopter giving commentary anyway. They are on the ground and the guys in the air are the pilot and a photographer. But usually you don't hear what they're saying, either...

Elphaba
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Capt. Roy Taylor known well in the DC/Baltimore area does the helicopter flying and on-air reporting... so there is that occasion that reports will come from the helicopter.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I think I would prefer to be in the chopper than on the ground for this story! I can barely go back to see the videos...it just looks soooo bone-chilling to see the snow, the wind, and people in the water! BRRRRR!!!

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
They do reports here everyday from a helicopter and always if there is something going. The new chopper they have has a fabulous system in it for great photos and clean reporting so the sound isn't a problem.

dee10134
Dee, This is the exact area we were discusing and you were describing to us over the weekend..good work my friend.

Thanks DD! :blowkiss:

Trino
Most of the live streaming is no longer on. Does this mean the search is over for today and that nothing was found? Will there be another search tomorrow?

Leila
12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
One thing I noted from the coverage this morning was that the canal has a fairly good current.

I also listened to the audio between Greta and Cory, and if there's four wrecked cars down there, with that current, it's very possible that anything dumped in there could drift downward and get caught in the wreckage on the bottom. I think that's why they want to pull those four cars out - to see what's tangled up with the cars.

The area looks like it a commercial area, and on a Sunday night there wouldn't be anyone around to see someone dumping something into that canal.

My theory...........when DP learned that Cassandra had filed a missing person report with the state police, he knew he had to hurry up and dispose of the body. He figured the odds of anyone searching and finding her in the canal were on his side. Cory told Greta that canal was 45 miles long. He figured no one would search that canal, especially since there were other bodies of water in and around Bolingbrook to search. And even if they did search that canal, he figured it would be a needle in the haystack proposition for LE.

But, I think LE has something very specific that makes them believe that this is where DP dumped her body. Going back to my original theory.............I've felt that the reason for DP's disguise with the bandana, sunglasses, and hat, was so he wouldn't be recognized by someone who might have seen him that night. I think he WAS seen, and DP knows he was seen, and was initially worried that when Stacy's disappearance made the local news, that someone would say "hey- that's the guy I saw in the wee hours of the morning out by the canal", and call LE.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
ROFL. SuziQ, you are definitely a sleuthaholic.

I know! I'm going to need major help to kick this habit.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Drew P watched the search on TV today, or if he took advantage of the media attention being elsewhere?

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I think they're at the location of the defunct Division Street bridge because one of the reporters mentioned the prison was right behind their shoulder. Stateville Penitentiary is on Division.

I just had an instinct that he would have dumped her from Division Street because it's very secluded and no traffic there.... :( I hope to God they find her today!

Dee, you were spot on! Do you still have your map so others can see what we were discussing the other day?

Leila
12-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I wonder if Drew P watched the search on TV today, or if he took advantage of the media attention being elsewhere?

In her conversation with Greta, Cory said that DP was supposed to turn his uniforms over today. But evidently there's hasn't been any activity at the house.......she thinks he's inside.

dee10134
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Dee, you were spot on! Do you still have your map so others can see what we were discussing the other day?

http://a568.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_1e1fe49e10a6154af376cde3517e0717.jpg

If you look closely at the map on the left side, you'll see IL-53. Follow that south to Division Street, which is 1 mile south of 9th Street/IL-Route 7/159th Street. If you follow Division Street from IL-53 to the water's edge, that's the general area where they've been searching. I believe there is a small access road and bridge that allows access to the western edge of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal. Or, they may have been searching the East side of Division because it's much easier to access the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal directly from the east side than to cross the little bridge.

You can go to Google Maps and see the satellite imagery. Just follow Division Street from either side and you'll see what I'm talking about.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Leila, I hope you are right! It is possible when Drew and Mr. S&P couldn't get a trucker to take the "package", they had to turn to plan B.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
He can leave his microphone on if he wants, and I can turn down my volume if I want. I would just think that if he wanted to be professional about it, he would turn it down, that's all. Sheesh.

Anyway, things I gleaned from the gretacast with her producer:

Supposedly, ISP told her that they had 4 helicopters above the search scene.

They've found 4 cars in the water and those will be pulled out.

Ric Mims has been subpoened (sp!) for the GJ next Wednesday (or next week anyway).

Drew hasn't been seen around town, presumably he's at home.

This search location is close to Shorewood...where Rosetto (sp) lives.

In Cory's opinion a specific tip or lead resulted in the massive resource being given to this search.

Leila
12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
One other observation..........on the ABC coverage, there was a close up of the cable going from the tow truck into the water. The reporter said that they had tried several times to hook onto something and finally the cable snapped.

The local time in Chicago right now would be about 3:00pm, so maybe they're only calling it a day and going to start again tomorrow as they have to replace the snapped cable or get another tow truck in there.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 05:07 PM
http://a568.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_1e1fe49e10a6154af376cde3517e0717.jpg

If you look closely at the map on the left side, you'll see IL-53/IL-7. Follow that south to Division Street, which is 1 mile south of 9th Street/IL-Route 7/159th Street. If you follow Division Street from IL-53 to the Canal's edge, that's where they've been searching.Thanks, Dee! (So is it Cal-Sag or not?! LOL I am sooo confused now! Its not, right?!)

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
One other observation..........on the ABC coverage, there was a close up of the cable going from the tow truck into the water. The reporter said that they had tried several times to hook onto something and finally the cable snapped.

The local time in Chicago right now would be about 3:00pm, so maybe they're only calling it a day and going to start again tomorrow as they have to replace the snapped cable or get another tow truck in there.Can you even imagine how cold those searchers and divers must be?!?! OMG! I think they probably needed to call it a day.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Thank you Dee, and a high five for you.

dee10134
12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Dee! (So is it Cal-Sag or not?! LOL I am sooo confused now! Its not, right?!)

LOL, no it's not the Cal-Sag. The Cal-Sag Channel splits off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal way farther north (around 111th Street in Lemont).

Here's that map: http://a733.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_18cee101d63de54dbd3147cd382ac924.jpg

FYI: Division Street is equivalent to about 167th St. South.

dee10134
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Thank you Dee, and a high five for you.

Thanks SuziQ!~ You're very welcome! :blowkiss:

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Anzaldi said police would likely have a news conference later on to discuss what they did Wednesday, but that information has not been released yet.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14777153/detail.html?dl=mainclick

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
LOL, no it's not the Cal-Sag. The Cal-Sag Channel splits off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal way farther north (around 111th Street in Lemont).

Here's that map: http://a733.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/l_18cee101d63de54dbd3147cd382ac924.jpg

FYI: Division Street is equivalent to about 167th St. South.LOL I am so glad we got that straight!! : ) Now, someone needs to tell the media so they will stop confusing me.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Anzaldi said police would likely have a news conference later on to discuss what they did Wednesday, but that information has not been released yet.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14777153/detail.html?dl=mainclick No Way! A press conference from the police?! Have we ever had one of those in this case?! I had forgotten that the police speak now and then! :D

Seriously tho...does this mean they COULD have found something?

Schmerty_Jones
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
No Way! A press conference from the police?! Have we ever had one of those in this case?! I had forgotten that the police speak now and then! :D

I really hope so. Anything of mine that can be crossed IS! It's gettiing harder & harder to type:waitasec:

dee10134
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
No Way! A press conference from the police?! Have we ever had one of those in this case?! I had forgotten that the police speak now and then! :D

Ya know, I haven't noticed that until now. LE has not had a presser at all since the case broke, right? Let's hope we'll be celebrating DP's arrest tonight!!! :behindbar :woohoo:

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Ya know, I haven't noticed that until now. LE has not had a presser at all since the case broke, right? Let's hope we'll be celebrating DP's arrest tonight!!! :behindbar :woohoo:

Exactly..and lets hope before the arrest the LE request the children go to Sharon's so they don't have to witness this too.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Do we have a time for the presser? The shooting in NE is taking over the news so there's no info on SP. Did I miss anything while I did real life stuff? Supper's made, the kids are home, I'm firmly planted at laptop waiting for arrest info. *crossing fingers*

Exactly..and lets hope before the arrest the LE request the children go to Sharon's so they don't have to witness this too.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Ooh, Fox is reporting on the Peterson case up next.

kpass
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM

They just said divers are back out there tonight.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Listening to Fox now...talking to a radio reporter named Cisco Kodo (?).

Pam Bosco said sonar was being used in a wider area in the canal and they saw something so put the divers in the water at that point.

They lost Cisco. Said something must be going on tho in this case. No mention of a press conference.

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
They just said divers are back out there tonight.The would not have those divers in that ice cold water this late if they weren't looking for something specific, imo. Too dangerous.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Please recap if there is anything new.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The would not have those divers in that ice cold water this late if they weren't looking for something specific, imo. Too dangerous.

I agree 100% ..that is a very dangerous situation for divers..with all the sunken cars and debris..unless they had a very good response from sonar they would not risk these divers lives.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree 100% ..that is a very dangerous situation for divers..with all the sunken cars and debris..unless they had a very good response from sonar they would not risk these divers lives.

Wow, and tonight? Wow.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
The state police say the debris that's pulled from the water will be analyzed and disposed of. Authorities say several agencies including the FBI, Coast Guard, Army Corps of Engineers and the Naperville Police Underwater Recovery Team are participating in the effort. http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=7455404

State police were assisted by the Coast Guard, the FBI, the Defense Department, the Army Corps of Engineers, the National Insurance Crime Bureau, local police and fire departments and other agencies, according to a statement by state police. Towing companies also assisted with the recovery efforts, state police said.

Divers braved cold and snowy conditions to search for any kind of debris, said State Trooper Mark Dorencz, who added, "It could possibly be cars, junk—you name it." http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson06_webdec06,1,7511576.story

Several agencies and private companies will be assisting with the recovery of debris in the canal, including the United States Coast Guard, FBI, Department of Defense, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, National Insurance Crime Bureau, Will County and Romeoville EMA, Tri-County and Northeast Metropolitan Auto Theft Taskforces, Mutual Aid Box Alarm System, Romeoville and Lockport Fire and Police Departments, Plainfield Fire Department, Naperville Police Underwater Recovery Team, and Dive Right in Scuba of Plainfield, IL. Towing companies from the area will also assist in the recovery efforts. http://www.hoinews.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=73048

CW
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I totaly agree with you all 110% they would not be having the divers in there this late at night with it snowing and if the wind is blowing then the windchill factor comes into play also. They have to had some leads IMO I just checked on the weather bug and with the wind at 13 mph the temp is 19 degrees.

CW
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Tonights low in Lockport is 11 degrees

SeriouslySearching
12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
The mention of a press conference, divers still in the water, and everything sounds like this could be it. With Pam Bosco saying that sonar found something and they sent the divers back in...it would have to be pretty specific I would think.

I heard that Drew was nowhere to be found today.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Pray for the divers and everyone involved that they are safe, secure and able to find the evidence they need and are searching for.

mic730
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Pray for the divers and everyone involved that they are safe, secure and able to find the evidence they need and are searching for.

Yes, I will pray for them. Thanks for the reminder DeltaDawn.

DeltaDawn
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey..they are looking for Drew's missing Scuba weights..right...Well they need to put Drew in his scuba gear and force him to help in this search...

If he was really innocent he would have been the first diver in the water today..or atleast he would have been there on the scene to give the other divers his support.

Because even if Drew says Stacy left for another man..dosen't he think by now she would have called or written the family? I know that seems obvious..but Drew isn't even playing along with his own game plan anymore. He should be worried sick that the kids haven't heard a peep out of her since she left...that's the most damning evidence against Drew.

Leila
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM

ISP had a brief presser at the very beginning........shortly after the first search warrant. The one thing I remember from that press conference is the statement that the computers taken during the search were going to play a big role in the investigation.

mysteriew
12-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I totaly agree with you all 110% they would not be having the divers in there this late at night with it snowing and if the wind is blowing then the windchill factor comes into play also. They have to had some leads IMO I just checked on the weather bug and with the wind at 13 mph the temp is 19 degrees.

And along with the temps, there are quite a few participating- both public and private. That requires quite a bit of organization. And you don't do that on a whim.

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
OTR Producer Cory Howard just emailed me this pic from the search today in Bolingbrook, Illinois for Stacy Peterson.
(pic at link)

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/05/pic-from-bolingbrook/

Leila
12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
And along with the temps, there are quite a few participating- both public and private. That requires quite a bit of organization. And you don't do that on a whim.

All the major news media covered the canal search earlier today - Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and all the local media. It's as if everyone feels that this is it........this is where they're going to find Stacy.

Pocono Sleuther
12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Wait a sec, are they still diving? I'm in NE PA and it's snowing and freezing. I thought they had stopped, but the way you guys are talking, they are still in there.

I truly believe this is it. And where is the loving husband? :mad:

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
[/URL]Photog Cory Howard….ok, maybe not photog……she is really, as you know, an OTR Producer on the ground in Bolingbrook…..Cory just emailed me more pics from the search today….there was an extensive search for Stacy Peterson in a canal today and Cory snapped these pics to give me a better idea of the search today…and I am now showing you:
(Pics at link)

[URL]http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/05/more-pics-from-the-search-for-stacy-peterson/2555/ (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/01/emails-from-otr-producer-cory-howard-in-bolingbrook-illinois/2414/)

SuziQ
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
(snip)
LOCKPORT, Ill. -- Dive teams were searching waters at the intersection of two canals Wednesday as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an ex-police officer's 23-year-old wife.

They'll pick up where they left off on Thursday, officials said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/14777153/detail.html?dl=mainclick