PDA

View Full Version : Steve Peterson

SuziQ
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
(snip)
Illinois state investigators have subpoenaed the personnel files of three men with connections to the village of Oakbrook Police Department. Among them: Steve Peterson, one of Drew Peterson's sons.

and

When Steve Peterson's current stepmother, Stacy, 23, vanished almost six weeks ago, he was on vacation, according to police sources - a vacation that he extended several times in November.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=5817217

SuziQ
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Randy, Uh oh, what's going on?

(snip)
The I-Team has also been told by investigators that state police seized the Oakbrook department personnel files of two of Peterson's closest friends on the force. One recently resigned while under investigation for professional misconduct. The other was recently terminated for lying and unauthorized access of criminal files

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=5817217

Trino
12-06-2007, 11:21 AM
This is much more interesting than TV soaps. Every day brings someone new to the case. Honestly, I can't recall a case with so many far-reaching twists.

SuziQ
12-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Attention Mods! You can probably merge this with the police misconduct thread. The allegations are regarding Steve, Drew, and others.

SuziQ
12-06-2007, 11:23 AM
This is much more interesting than TV soaps. Every day brings someone new to the case. Honestly, I can't recall a case with so many far-reaching twists.

I know! I've never seen a case where I have to read an article, and reread it several times to make sure I'm actually seeing what I am seeing!

nanandjim
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
The apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

dottierainbow
12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
SuziQ you are so good! Thanks for sharing my friend.

Tom'sGirl
12-06-2007, 04:18 PM
I know! I've never seen a case where I have to read an article, and reread it several times to make sure I'm actually seeing what I am seeing!

Looks like young Steve and his wife Teresa also have a nice home!

mysteriew
12-06-2007, 04:27 PM
One thing I found extremely interesting... Drew P is facing allegations that he sold criminal records info... even more serious than running the names of Stacy friends and family through the computer!

SeriouslySearching
12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Randy was on findstacy site last night and said it was nothing. I wonder if this came off the heels of either Drew or Brodsky spouting off about how "everyone does it" comments?

Yes, they do have a nice home.

chicoliving
12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Randy was on findstacy site last night and said it was nothing.

sorry, what's nothing??

RandyMucha
12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi all. It is old news that was just reported by Chuck Goudi last night for no real reason. The ISP got the records before Thanksgiving. They talked to a few of Steve's coworkers but not to me. They told one of them that they see no need to talk to me. Steve has been before the GJ twice and is cooperating fully.

SeriouslySearching
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Randy! (I seem to be saying that a lot lately.)

I think it was a rather slow news day on this case, since they didn't really find anything to report about the search, they wanted something to grab ratings.

mysteriew
12-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Glad you're here Randy. I have a question. This was in the above ABC article

When Steve Peterson's current stepmother, Stacy, 23, vanished almost six weeks ago, he was on vacation, according to police sources - a vacation that he extended several times in November.

I know it has been said that Steve was recently married, and I figure he took time off for a honeymoon. And I am sure that since the disappearance of his stepmother, that he has felt under scrutiny and pressure. But has there been any other reasons for his "extending his vacation several times?"

TGIRecovered
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Glad you're here Randy. I have a question. This was in the above ABC article

I know it has been said that Steve was recently married, and I figure he took time off for a honeymoon. And I am sure that since the disappearance of his stepmother, that he has felt under scrutiny and pressure. But has there been any other reasons for his "extending his vacation several times?"

Slow package delivery service?

RandyMucha
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
No specific reasons other than if he didn't use the vacation due to him he would lose it on Dec 31st. I think he just needed some time away from work.

mysteriew
12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank you for your response Randy. Has Steve participated in any of the searches for Stacy, and has he made any comments as to whether he thought they were being through enough?

SeriouslySearching
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. If you have the time coming to you, why not take it?

RandyMucha
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Thank you for your response Randy. Has Steve participated in any of the searches for Stacy, and has he made any comments as to whether he thought they were being through enough?

He is staying as far removed from all of this as possible. He and his wife don't live near Drew and he has been back at work. Chuck Goudi was back at Oak Brook Police Department today trying to film Steve.

mysteriew
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
I know that this has to be hard on him having all this attention and suspicion focused on him, as well as all the suspicion on his father.
The article does mention that Drew P and Steve were very close, are you saying that Steve is distancing himself from his father?

RandyMucha
12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I know that this has to be hard on him having all this attention and suspicion focused on him, as well as all the suspicion on his father.
The article does mention that Drew P and Steve were very close, are you saying that Steve is distancing himself from his father?

I am going to stop short of jumping to that conclusion or putting words in Steve's mouth, but from what I know Steve hasn't seen Drew lately.

Littledeer
12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Randy:

Thanks for taking the time to post here and answer our questions. If Steve has not seen his father "lately", do you know if he feels the children are safe with his father during this time?

RandyMucha
12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Randy:

Thanks for taking the time to post here and answer our questions. If Steve has not seen his father "lately", do you know if he feels the children are safe with his father during this time?

He must because I am confident that he would do something if he wasn't comfortable. He loves his step-siblings.

Littledeer
12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Thank you. That gives me some comfort knowing that the children will be (are) safe for the time being.

Taximom
12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
If anyone watched Greta tonight (12/14/07), Sharon B was on talking about the Savio case and right at the very end she mentioned something about Steve cheating on someone named Jennifer. Sounded like his girlfriend.

So if I heard everything right, sounds like cheating runs in the family...

kpass
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
If anyone watched Greta tonight (12/14/07), Sharon B was on talking about the Savio case and right at the very end she mentioned something about Steve cheating on someone named Jennifer. Sounded like his girlfriend.

Yes, I saw that & thought "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"

Taximom
12-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I would like to think he has nothing to do with anything illegal in this horrific saga, but I think if you cheat on your girlfriend then you are probably capable of cheating elsewhere in life.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I am going to chime in here with my opinion based on what I know of Steve today. I didn't know Steve when he dated "Jennifer" or if there even was a Jennifer. If he cheated as a young man in a dating relationship I don't think it is fair to make the leap that he would cheat on his wife today. He is very happily married to a great lady who wouldn't stand for any type of cheating, abuse, etc. In fact, I think she would kick his butt in a second if he stepped out of line. My dad cheated on my mom which lead to a divorce when I was a teen. I have never cheated on my wife. Please don't rush to judgement of Steve just because of who is father is.
My two cents, which adjusted for inflation is just about worthless. Thanks for reading.

Taximom
12-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Thank you, Randy. It helps to have your input!

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you, Randy. It helps to have your input!

You are welcome. Like I said, its only my opinion and I didn't know him back then.

curiositycat
12-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes, I saw that & thought "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"

My thought was this..if Steve and the girl he cheated on were living with Stacy and Drew at the time of KS's death, someone needs to find that girl.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. She might have some useful info.

With all due respect Randy, I am going to disagree. Working with and being an ex abuse victim, I can tell you that with boys who are raised in a home of a guy like Drew one of two things occur. They either turn out to abuse women in the same way their father did(does) or they grow up to be victims of abuse.

When you work at something long enough you begin to see patterns repeating themselves.

Without a true "conversion" of their hearts they are doomed to fail. It has nothing to do with how much they love their wives, it has to do with living what feels familiar.:twocents:

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 12:15 PM
My thought was this..if Steve and the girl he cheated on were living with Stacy and Drew at the time of KS's death, someone needs to find that girl.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. She might have some useful info.

Great idea!

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I respect your opinion and I think talking to anyone that used to live in that house would be a great idea for investigators. I am not sure if Sharon was correct when she said Steves girlfriend lived there but its worth looking into.

donnam
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. If it has been I apologize. Also not sure which thread to place it in.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316943,00.html
Bank Records: Drew Peterson Funneled $250G to Son After Wife's Disappearance

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — Ex-police sergeant Drew Peterson transferred nearly a quarter of a million dollars to his son in the weeks after the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson, in November, MyFoxChicago.com reports.
Prosecutors subpoenaed bank records that show Drew Peterson funneled the money to his son, Steve Peterson, an Oak Brook, Ill., police officer, after Stacy Peterson was reported missing on Oct. 28.

More at the link.

This seems to coberate what Mims said. Although I don't recall him specifying who got the money. He may have, I just don't recall it.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
I can't speak to that. I can speculate that he possibly wanted someone to have access to funds in case he needed to post bond, or maybe to take care of the kids in case he landed in jail.

fran
12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. If it has been I apologize. Also not sure which thread to place it in.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316943,00.html
Bank Records: Drew Peterson Funneled $250G to Son After Wife's Disappearance

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. Ex-police sergeant Drew Peterson transferred nearly a quarter of a million dollars to his son in the weeks after the disappearance of his wife, Stacy Peterson, in November, MyFoxChicago.com reports.
Prosecutors subpoenaed bank records that show Drew Peterson funneled the money to his son, Steve Peterson, an Oak Brook, Ill., police officer, after Stacy Peterson was reported missing on Oct. 28.

More at the link.

This seems to coberate what Mims said. Although I don't recall him specifying who got the money. He may have, I just don't recall it.

It was reported very early in this case, that DP wrote a check for $200K to Steve the day he picked up the kids to have them stay at his house.

It's no wonder the GJ called Steve multiple times!:slap:

JMHO
fran

PS...I don't think it was any accident that Steve appeared before the GJ in his official police uniform. It's more likely the GJ would believe a police officer over say an ordinary citizen.......fran

donnam
12-15-2007, 12:29 PM

Ok this is weird.
I read this post on findstacy.com.

http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.0

http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/Themes/default/images/post/xx.gif (http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.msg19284#msg19284) So Important!!! Law enforcement has been notified!!!!!!! (http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.msg19284#msg19284)
on: December 07, 2007, 08:07:38 PM

#1 What was Stacy driving the night she disappeared
#2 Was her cell phone pink?
#3 Does DP have a leather bomber jacket
#4 is there a 'ding'in any of the vehicles or at least the one stacy was driving?
#5 Does DP have a girlfriend?
#6 If he does is she young and does she have Blonde hair
#7 If yes to the girlfriend Is her name JENNY
#8 Is there anybody associated with her named Jenny?!?!?!?!?!
I feel Jenny is in danger also.

more at the link

Dobler
12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
So can Steve Peterson be honest in his testimony to the GJ? He would have a lot to lose if he were involved, or knew something. He's in a tough spot, I think it would be hard to go against your father. Could the reason for DP transferring the $ is to "buy" his testimony? I hope he does the right thing- if he knows anything.

SeriouslySearching
12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Ok this is weird.
I read this post on findstacy.com.

http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.0

http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/Themes/default/images/post/xx.gif (http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.msg19284#msg19284) So Important!!! Law enforcement has been notified!!!!!!! (http://findstacypeterson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1046.msg19284#msg19284)
on: December 07, 2007, 08:07:38 PM

#1 What was Stacy driving the night she disappeared
#2 Was her cell phone pink?
#3 Does DP have a leather bomber jacket
#4 is there a 'ding'in any of the vehicles or at least the one stacy was driving?
#5 Does DP have a girlfriend?
#6 If he does is she young and does she have Blonde hair
#7 If yes to the girlfriend Is her name JENNY
#8 Is there anybody associated with her named Jenny?!?!?!?!?!
I feel Jenny is in danger also.

more at the linkI take it this is another "psychic vision". :rolleyes:

SeriouslySearching
12-15-2007, 12:52 PM
It was reported very early in this case, that DP wrote a check for $200K to Steve the day he picked up the kids to have them stay at his house.

It's no wonder the GJ called Steve multiple times!:slap:

JMHO
fran

PS...I don't think it was any accident that Steve appeared before the GJ in his official police uniform. It's more likely the GJ would believe a police officer over say an ordinary citizen.......franUhm...not in this case!! However, I am sure Steve would like to think so. ;)

SeriouslySearching
12-15-2007, 12:54 PM
I can't speak to that. I can speculate that he possibly wanted someone to have access to funds in case he needed to post bond, or maybe to take care of the kids in case he landed in jail.Posting Bail was exactly my thought when I read about such a sum of money being given to Steve. Drew thinks about himself first and his children are secondary. :furious:

DeltaDawn
12-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Well if Steve did live with Stacy and Drew at the time of Kathleen's murder then LE should speak with his girlfriend to see if she also noticed or heard anything around the time of Kathleen's death.

As far as the money Drew gave Steve we have known through Ric Mims about that transaction early in the case. I think that was money Drew gave Steve to either bail him out and hire an attorney if he was arrested.
Which makes sense combined with his comments that the children will be taken care of, etc at that time.

TGIRecovered
12-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I wonder if Drew also thought of the possibility that his bank accounts could be temporarily frozen , considering that his wife was gone and the accounts could be joint.

If he had been arrested early on or if Stacy's body had been found, would Stacy's estate be able to keep him from accessing the money for his personal use?

susan

SeriouslySearching
12-15-2007, 01:14 PM
I wonder if Drew also thought of the possibility that his bank accounts could be temporarily frozen , considering that his wife was gone and the accounts could be joint.

If he had been arrested early on or if Stacy's body had been found, would Stacy's estate be able to keep him from accessing the money for his personal use?

susanWhile I am not sure about this case, in another case where the man killed his wife in front of witnesses...he was able to use "her" inheritance for his defense as they didn't freeze his accounts. He used every dime of it and had to be declared a "pauper" for his appeals.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think it was any accident that Steve appeared before the GJ in his official police uniform. It's more likely the GJ would believe a police officer over say an ordinary citizen.......fran

The PD made him go on-duty in his squad car rather than give him the day off. They wanted every hour of work they could get out of him before and after his trip to Joliet.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
So can Steve Peterson be honest in his testimony to the GJ? He would have a lot to lose if he were involved, or knew something. He's in a tough spot, I think it would be hard to go against your father. Could the reason for DP transferring the $ is to "buy" his testimony? I hope he does the right thing- if he knows anything.

Steve P is cooperating fully. He has also talked to investigators who have recently publicly stated that Steve P is not a suspect and confirmed that he has been cooperating. You don't have to believe me, but Steve is a good guy and will do what is right.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
The PD made him go on-duty in his squad car rather than give him the day off. They wanted every hour of work they could get out of him before and after his trip to Joliet.

My experience is that LE only testifies in uniform at the request of their department if it's related to a case brought by their department. Steve testifying on duty for personal reasons doesn't sound right.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Randy, while you are here. What do you make of the FBI investigating how the original investigation into Kathleen's death was handled?

fran
12-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Steve P is cooperating fully. He has also talked to investigators who have recently publicly stated that Steve P is not a suspect and confirmed that he has been cooperating. You don't have to believe me, but Steve is a good guy and will do what is right.

I'm glad to hear he is a good guy and will do what is right.

I will say, that it appears he may have inherited ONE of his dad's traits. DP's neighbor Sharon said that Steve and his gf lived with DP and SP for two years when she first moved there. He and the gf broke up when she found out he was cheating on her.

That's just what I heard.;)

fran

mysteriew
12-15-2007, 01:36 PM
My experience is that LE only testifies in uniform at the request of their department if it's related to a case brought by their department. Steve testifying on duty for personal reasons doesn't sound right.

I agree with Randy about government employees wanting every hour of work. They could have required him to work before and after the GJ hearing, and had him take personal time for the hour or two that he would have been in the Grand Jury. Remember, Steve had been on an extended leave and had just returned to work. Now that he is back on their schedules, the department won't be happy about him taking more time for anything.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM

You are correct and I agree, but that is how screwed up the Oak Brook PD is. This was brought up on another thread. All I can say is call the Chief, Tom Sheahan, 630 990 3000 and complain about the waste of tapayer dollars. Steve did NOT enjoy the spotlight that the uniform and squad car brought upon him.

donnam
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I take it this is another "psychic vision". :rolleyes:

Yeah it is, but I find it very "creepy" that this person mentions "Jenny", then saw the thing with Sharon mentioning a "Jennifer".

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Randy, while you are here. What do you make of the FBI investigating how the original investigation into Kathleen's death was handled?

I hope it is a good thing, and that they can hopefully cut through any cover-ups and sloppy work that was done originally.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm glad to hear he is a good guy and will do what is right.

I will say, that it appears he may have inherited ONE of his dad's traits. DP's neighbor Sharon said that Steve and his gf lived with DP and SP for two years when she first moved there. He and the gf broke up when she found out he was cheating on her.

That's just what I heard.;)

fran

That was a statement made by Sharon the neighbor on Greta last night. I didn't know Steve back then and can't say whether or not there even was a Jennifer, much less if she lived in the house. I agree that finding her for any info or insight she could lend would be a good idea. I disagree that Steve cheating on a girlfriend means that he will now cheat on his wife or is anything like Drew. Please try not to judge Steve based on who his dad is.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I hope it is a good thing, and that they can hopefully cut through any cover-ups and sloppy work that was done originally.

Dang it, I was hoping you'd offer some inside info. ;)

TGIRecovered
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Randy, you sound like a reasonable guy to me. I agree that cheating on a girlfriend is way different than cheating on a wife, if it happened.
I have personal experience with knowing someone who had to work very hard to avoid living his life the same way his father did. It isn't easy to break a "family curse".
I am encouraged to hear that you believe Steve will do the right thing.

Susan

Dobler
12-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Randy- I didn't mean any disrespect to Steve- I just think it has to be tough to be in his shoes right now. Have you talked to him about what's going on?

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Randy:

I have to commend you that you take the time to come here and read our posts and make a comment when you feel it is necessary. Not only do you comment, but your comments are coherent and based on facts. You do not add anything more or less, other than the facts.

I would not doubt for a minute, that you are a "true friend" to Steve, and also only want what we all want here, Stacy being found and the person (DP) who killed her behind bars.

closeobserver
12-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Randy:

I have to commend you that you take the time to come here and read our posts and make a comment when you feel it is necessary. Not only do you comment, but your comments are coherent and based on facts. You do not add anything more or less, other than the facts.

I would not doubt for a minute, that you are a "true friend" to Steve, and also only want what we all want here, Stacy being found and the person (DP) who killed her behind bars.
Randy, I hope you are right about Steve. But I'm concerned for him because he accepted a quarter million dollars from his dad. This act alone, makes him suspicious. Everyone says how manipulative D.P. is, but Steve strikes me as a man that is smart enough to stay away from suspicious behavior if he isn't involved.

Perhaps it's just protecting his inheritence, but I say the money is not worth it. JMO

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 06:19 PM
close:

I agree with your thoughts on the fact that his own son who is a Police Officer was wired with over $500,000. The one word you said was "accepted", if DP wired the money into Steve's account(s), doesn't necessarily mean that Steve "accepted" the money. Just that money went into his account(s) from DP. (his Dad).

IMO, Steve is old enough and has just recently left to go on a honeymoon. Also, it has been said loves his nephews and niece and has even babysat them many times during this ordeal.

Actually, I feel sorry for him having to walk this tight rope, son of a police officer that is not only suspicious of one killing, but two! Also, money being shown going into his accounts by his father (who is the one under suspicion of murder), and still having to worry about the welfare of his nephews and niece, and still maitain a newly wedded marriage.

Wow, I am just overwhelmed by just typing all that, let alone actually living it!!

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I just returned from the canal. Pics are here:
http://www.randymucha.com/canal.htm
They are packing up for this evening and will be back tomorrow.

Taximom
12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for sharing those pictures, Randy. What was the temp there?

I admire their tenacity and will pray for their safety. It has to be difficult working in these conditions.

RandyMucha
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
It is about 29 degrees and snowing. They were getting ready to call it a night. I am going back out there tomorrow during the day and plan to spend a longer amount of time.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Randy:

Bless your heart! "passing some warmth your way".

Thanks for keeping us posted here!

God Bless!

mysteriew
12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Randy, have you ever met Steve's adult brother?

It has been reported that Steve and his father were close. Do you know if they talked to each other about problems they might have with the people around them (spouses, girlfriends, neighbors etc?)

panthera
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
God Bless you and everyone else going out there in the freezing weather to look for Stacy! :)

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Isn't that the truth panthera!

How many people would get out of their warm "homes" and go out into the cold frigid air and look for someone/something they don't even know!!

That is was LIVING is about to me. Caring for your family and others!!!

panthera
12-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Isn't that the truth panthera!

How many people would get out of their warm "homes" and go out into the cold frigid air and look for someone/something they don't even know!!

That is was LIVING is about to me. Caring for your family and others!!!
These people are true Christmas Angels! It's possible that Stacy isn't even where they are looking, so risking their own lives is so much more commendable that they're trying to find her wherever a lead may be. I'm really praying that she is found now, knowing what others are doing. ;)

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 07:20 PM
It's possible that Stacy isn't even where they are looking

This thought keeps awake at night!! With DP being so sly and so smug at the beginning, wait, when was the last time we saw him looking smug???

Maybe, LE are on the right track now and that is why DP is not looking so righteous and smug. I hope so.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Don't know where to post this. Help me if you can. I've been hearing about Kathleen's will being found a year after her death and vaguely heard, or thought I heard, that Drew's older son was a benificiary. The BarnGod interrupted me and I didn't catch it all. It was about the same time as the Fox reporter was talking about a total of $250,000 transferred to Steve. Something also about a couple of BB cops witnessing the will also. A search on this forum turned up nothing.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
BarnGoddess:

I can say the $250,000 transferred to Steve is correct, actually, the quote now is a "$500,000 transferred to Steve". In how many accounts or even if it was one account has not been establshed yet.

A will being found after a YEAR of Kathy's death was discussed somewhere and yet, it was also mentioned that "witnesses" to that will did consist of police officers.

Frustrating when you can't hear everything!! LOL

It might be in one of the Kathleen Savio's threads. I'll go check, but maybe chico or someone else can provide the posts.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Littledear, I did hear that of the total of $250,000 that $150,000 was done in one big transaction. From that I would take it that the rest was trickeled into his account.

chicoliving
12-15-2007, 09:16 PM
So far Steve Peterson seems to be a stand up guy. Haven't seen him on tv or if I have I've forgotten, haven't read much if anything quoted. Geraldo seems hell bent on making his role in this more than the adult son...talking conspiracy and hush money is just so Geraldo!

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 09:19 PM
[quote]Help me if you can. I've been hearing about Kathleen's will being found a year after her death and vaguely heard, or thought I heard, that Drew's older son was a benificiary.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1833548&postcount=55

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Toms Girl:

I could kiss your little hinny! Just going to send Barn Goddess a post that I have been looking for the last 45 minutes for that darn will. And here you are...........

Thanks!!!!!!

panthera
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
So far Steve Peterson seems to be a stand up guy. Haven't seen him on tv or if I have I've forgotten, haven't read much if anything quoted. Geraldo seems hell bent on making his role in this more than the adult son...talking conspiracy and hush money is just so Geraldo!
I know :D It's almost funny how he & Craig are trying to twist everything into Steve being DP's accomplice in crime. I would like to know what the transfer of money was about unless DP thought his assets would be frozen or something after Stacy went missing. :confused:

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Toms Girl:

I could kiss your little hinny! Just going to send Barn Goddess a post that I have been looking for the last 45 minutes for that darn will. And here you are...........
Thanks!!!!!!
You're more than welcome, but you can skip the "hinny kiss" :)

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
LOL

Good, because I didn't have any intention of kissing your "hinny".

smacking fives instead! :)

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 10:14 PM

And in typical Geraldo fashion!

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Thank you for the pics, it looks so very cold.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I know :D It's almost funny how he & Craig are trying to twist everything into Steve being DP's accomplice in crime. I would like to know what the transfer of money was about unless DP thought his assets would be frozen or something after Stacy went missing. :confused:

I think that's exactly what Drew thought was going to happen. He's entitled to do whatever he wants with that money. It's his money. He could burn it if he wants to.

panthera
12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I think that's exactly what Drew thought was going to happen. He's entitled to do whatever he wants with that money. It's his money. He could burn it if he wants to.
You're right and according to DP's version of the story this would be perfectly innocent since (according to him) Stacy already took $25,000, and left to be with one of her six (?) boyfriends. So he trusts his son and doesn't want her to have access to any more of the money. ;)

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I wonder if DP is starting to realize that his time is coming to an end very soon?

He knows that he has NO REMORSE for his killings, but just maybe, being the egotistical person he is, he thinks (I created) the children, so he, in his mind transferring the money to his son's account(s) (Steve) makes him feel in his mind he is a "good" guy.

He actually could care about the children since they have not been removed from his care yet!!! (Which, there has to be 100 WS'S and 100 find.stacy. posters have been wondering............why???????

panthera
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I wonder if DP is starting to realize that his time is coming to an end very soon?

He knows that he has NO REMORSE for his killings, but just maybe, being the egotistical person he is, he thinks (I created) the children, so he, in his mind transferring the money to his son's account(s) (Steve) makes him feel in his mind he is a "good" guy.

He actually could care about the children since they have not been removed from his care yet!!! (Which, there has to be 100 WS'S and 100 find.stacy. posters have been wondering............why???????
I don't know what's in his mind (and don't really want to :D) but I do think the kids are safe since he still can control them. Maybe Steve was raised in the same controlling manner and even though he's grown now still knows what dad is capable of? Stacy became a threat to him when she said she wanted to leave and especially if she knew about Kathleen's death.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 11:27 PM
gosh panthera:

reading what you said, in a psycological theory, DP and Steve can connect as "males, but in DP'S mind any female that doesn't meet/obey/etc. him is not good enough and has to be eliminated.

But Steve, does not believe in that, he believes in the honor of the "blue" code (police) which both him and his father have in common.

No one has seen DP for a few days now and all the media have left, so we can only assume that DP is hat home with all the children. Yet, even here and on the findstacy.com site, no one has come forward and said they feel the children are in danger.

Interesting....................I spend every day worrying about them.

panthera
12-15-2007, 11:42 PM
gosh panthera:

reading what you said, in a psycological theory, DP and Steve can connect as "males, but in DP'S mind any female that doesn't meet/obey/etc. him is not good enough and has to be eliminated.

But Steve, does not believe in that, he believes in the honor of the "blue" code (police) which both him and his father have in common.

No one has seen DP for a few days now and all the media have left, so we can only assume that DP is hat home with all the children. Yet, even here and on the findstacy.com site, no one has come forward and said they feel the children are in danger.

I don't think the children are in danger of DP physically hurting or killing them, but I do worry about them and feel there's a lot of emotional abuse in that house if he's as controlling as has been reported. The children are also without their mothers, and this is probably especially hard for Kathleen's kids who have now lost twice. :(

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Randy, I hope you are right about Steve. But I'm concerned for him because he accepted a quarter million dollars from his dad. This act alone, makes him suspicious. Everyone says how manipulative D.P. is, but Steve strikes me as a man that is smart enough to stay away from suspicious behavior if he isn't involved.

Perhaps it's just protecting his inheritence, but I say the money is not worth it. JMO

While I think Drew is a slimy creep, I'm going to hold judgment on this money thing until we know more. Drew's a lying maniplulative user and abuser, but if he's thinking that he'll have to go to jail, might lose his retirement from the BPD, and someone will have to raise his four children, this might be money for that purpose. It would be a huge burden for a newly married 28-year old to suddenly inherit four children. The financial burden would be enough to perhaps end his marriage. So, I realize that in the light of DefendDrew.com, this looks very suspicious, but we really do have to keep in mind that these four children still have to have a place to live and will have to have all the things that it takes for them to grow up. Yes, the older two have trust funds from their mother and Stacy's life insurance policy has yet to turn up (yes, I'm certain there is one), but that money would go a long way to easing the transition to Steve and his wife. So, thus far it looks like this is Drew's money and he really does have the right to do with it as he pleases. Yes, if some of it came from joint accounts, it may look worse, but we all know Stacy won't be coming back to raise her children. If Steve and his wife can provide the children with a loving stable home and they are willing to do it, then I think that is great. I know some have thought that Cassandra would want the kids, but at her age, that would be a huge responsibility. Hopefully, she can be in the children's lives in a major way, but they still need two parents. The money thing seems to be the least of worries right now. Steve cheating on a girlfriend? This seems like gossip to me that is totally unimportant and irrelevant at this juncture. JMO

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 12:01 AM
What's so interesting about the will is the time it emerges and the fact it is hand written in all capitol letters. Seems to me that with the money they had tied up in businesses and other assets they would have had a will drawn up by an attorney and sealed with the state when they executed it. Most people with those kinds of assets do not leave a handwritten will..in all capitol letters, witnessed by only friends of their husband vs their own firends and family. Most married couples execute a will together. That alone should have sent up a red flag.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Randy thank you for the pictures..it looks like the level of the water in the canal has dropped significantly from earlier pics.

panthera
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
What's so interesting about the will is the time it emerges and the fact it is hand written in all capitol letters. Seems to me that with the money they had tied up in businesses and other assets they would have had a will drawn up by an attorney and sealed with the state when they executed it. Most people with those kinds of assets do not leave a handwritten will..in all capitol letters, witnessed by only friends of their husband vs their own firends and family. Most married couples execute a will together. That alone should have sent up a red flag.
That's exactly what I was thinking that in addition to him being a cop (and in danger of being killed in the line of duty) they had businesses and children together and a person in that position would normally have a Will drawn up by a lawyer just to make sure everything is "legal" and can go to the beneficiaries without any questions.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:08 AM

You're right in that would have been the mature thing to do, but a handwritten will would be awfully difficult to forge. Many people their age with minor children don't have wills at all because most people their age (at that time), just don't think they are going to die soon. It's strange but I don't recall anyone ever thinking it wasn't legitimate. Even if they weren't getting along (and we know many of their problems now), when there are children involved, in the event of the death of one parent, the children would be raised by the surviving parent and the decedent would most likely want their assets to benefit their children. Maybe I'm missing something, but even though it's not very professional it was a will that apparently was valid in the state of Illinois.

I find it unlikely that in the future, any woman will make a will with Drew Peterson (tongue in cheek).

BarnGoddess
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
While I think Drew is a slimy creep, I'm going to hold judgment on this money thing until we know more. Drew's a lying maniplulative user and abuser, but if he's thinking that he'll have to go to jail, might lose his retirement from the BPD, and someone will have to raise his four children, this might be money for that purpose. It would be a huge burden for a newly married 28-year old to suddenly inherit four children. The financial burden would be enough to perhaps end his marriage. So, I realize that in the light of DefendDrew.com, this looks very suspicious, but we really do have to keep in mind that these four children still have to have a place to live and will have to have all the things that it takes for them to grow up. Yes, the older two have trust funds from their mother and Stacy's life insurance policy has yet to turn up (yes, I'm certain there is one), but that money would go a long way to easing the transition to Steve and his wife. So, thus far it looks like this is Drew's money and he really does have the right to do with it as he pleases. Yes, if some of it came from joint accounts, it may look worse, but we all know Stacy won't be coming back to raise her children. If Steve and his wife can provide the children with a loving stable home and they are willing to do it, then I think that is great. I know some have thought that Cassandra would want the kids, but at her age, that would be a huge responsibility. Hopefully, she can be in the children's lives in a major way, but they still need two parents. The money thing seems to be the least of worries right now. Steve cheating on a girlfriend? This seems like gossip to me that is totally unimportant and irrelevant at this juncture. JMO
Not doubting you, but where and how much is the trust fund for Kathleen's children. Would this be from her life insurance? I haven't seen one. I have heard DP say something about her life insurance being in trust for her kids, but I really am not conviced of that. If he took out the policy and paid the premiums, I would believe he's the primary beneficiary.

robthomaseyes
12-16-2007, 12:18 AM
gosh panthera:

Actually, I've expressed fear. I'm especially worried about the welfare of the little daughter. DP has already shown a willingness to cross the legal boundaries of age by dating a 16 year old (that's how old Stacy was when he first started going after her). He's constantly bringing up sex, sexual prowess, sexual situations, etc. And he's admitted he's not going to get a date any time soon.

It's a terrifying thought.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Not doubting you, but where and how much is the trust fund for Kathleen's children. Would this be from her life insurance? I haven't seen one. I have heard DP say something about her life insurance being in trust for her kids, but I really am not conviced of that. If he took out the policy and paid the premiums, I would believe he's the primary beneficiary.

BarnGoddess, I saw Drew interviewed early on (I think Matt Lauer) and he was asked about the million dollar life insurance policy that Kathleen had and he did confirm it, but said that it was left in a trust for her two children.

Now, later on, I heard (can't remember where) that Drew hadn't been aware until AFTER her death that Kathleen had changed the beneficiary from Drew to the two sons.

cricket
12-16-2007, 12:33 AM

The all capital letters bothers me. I am pretty sure that I have read that it's harder to do handwriting analysis on caps.

BarnGoddess
12-16-2007, 12:34 AM
BarnGoddess, I saw Drew interviewed early on (I think Matt Lauer) and he was asked about the million dollar life insurance policy that Kathleen had and he did confirm it, but said that it was left in a trust for her two children.

Now, later on, I heard (can't remember where) that Drew hadn't been aware until AFTER her death that Kathleen had changed the beneficiary from Drew to the two sons.
Thanks thesleuther. Interesting that she could change the beneficiary. The BarnGod has to keep up a life insurance policy on his wife per his divorce agreement. We sat down with our agent about all our policies both on him and the one on her. The ones on his two children were turned over to them to continue the premiums on their own. The one on his wife cannot be cancelled voluntarily per his divorce decree. Funny thing is the BarnGod is the beneficiary, LOL. We tried to get her to agree to cancelling this policy, but she's too bull headed and stupid to understand that the only one is benefitting is her ex. She's tried to get their son made sole beneficiary, and excluding bypassing their daughter, but she can't. She's called me every name in the book, trying to get the beneficiary changed. Unfortunately for her, the BarnGod is the beneficiary and will stay that way unless he changes it himself as HE owns the policy. To really p**s her off, I'm secondary beneficiary before their daughter and son.

So, who owned the policy on Kathleen that she could change the beneficiary? If it was hers, then did she pay the premiums?

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks thesleuther. Interesting that she could change the beneficiary. The BarnGod has to keep up a life insurance policy on his wife per his divorce agreement. We sat down with our agent about all our policies both on him and the one on her. The ones on his two children were turned over to them to continue the premiums on their own. The one on his wife cannot be cancelled voluntarily per his divorce decree. Funny thing is the BarnGod is the beneficiary, LOL. We tried to get her to agree to cancelling this policy, but she's too bull headed and stupid to understand that the only one is benefitting is her ex. She's tried to get their son made sole beneficiary, and excluding bypassing their daughter, but she can't. She's called me every name in the book, trying to get the beneficiary changed. Unfortunately for her, the BarnGod is the beneficiary and will stay that way unless he changes it himself as HE owns the policy. To really p**s her off, I'm secondary beneficiary before their daughter and son.

So, who owned the policy on Kathleen that she could change the beneficiary? If it was hers, then did she pay the premiums?

Interesting about BardGod's ex, and kind of funny, too. Since Kathleen was able to change hers, it's reasonable to assume that she owned it.

cricket
12-16-2007, 12:39 AM

Knowing what we know about Drew and his degrading attitude towards women, he probably thought Kathleen wasn't smart enough to handle things like money and life insurance, and he just assumed that he was still the beneficiary.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Knowing what we know about Drew and his degrading attitude towards women, he probably thought Kathleen wasn't smart enough to handle things like money and life insurance, and he just assumed that he was still the beneficiary.

Big time thumb's up Cricket; you hit the nail smack dab on the head.

BarnGoddess
12-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Interesting about BardGod's ex, and kind of funny, too. Since Kathleen was able to change hers, it's reasonable to assume that she owned it.
Yes, it is kind of funny. She's a definite looney. My stepdaughter (her daughter) is getting married this coming Spring and the ex wants me to pay for it along with the BarnGod, but then she's demanding I stay home and not attend. Not going to happen. My darling stepdaughter says she feels I am more of a mother to her than her own mother, and if anyone stays away, it's her. She probably will as she hates her fiance.

I would say, based on our own experience, that Kathleen probably did own the policy. Maybe I'll have to e-mail Greta the question.

Taximom
12-16-2007, 02:10 AM
I would have loved to have seen Drew's face when he found out she changed it. Good for her.

Leila
12-16-2007, 02:26 AM

Randy..................thanks for the pictures. I note that there's an accumulation of snow on the boats, so they must have been on the canal for some time yesterday. I sure hope Stacy is found soon. Her family has been through so much pain with not knowing. With Christmas just 10 days away, I can't imagine how difficult this is on Stacy's children and her family.

Leila
12-16-2007, 02:31 AM
This thought keeps awake at night!! With DP being so sly and so smug at the beginning, wait, when was the last time we saw him looking smug???

Maybe, LE are on the right track now and that is why DP is not looking so righteous and smug. I hope so.

I've tried to pinpoint when DP changed, and I think it was about the time that the information about Tom Morphey helping him move a blue container from the bedroom to his Denali the night of October 28th. Just a day or two before DP was smug and horsing around with the media, and then he changed and wanted the media to stop hounding him.

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't think he has changed a great deal. I saw him telling someone how he wanted them to leave Steve alone, "But what can you do"? he said.

SuziQ
04-10-2008, 02:06 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6072689

Drew Peterson's son has been suspended from the Oak Brook Police Department for showing up at a grand jury appearance driving his police car and wearing his uniform.
Stephen Peterson was given an 8-day suspension Wednesday night for, according to his chief, casting the department in a bad light. (more at link)

Taximom
04-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Too bad it's "like father like son" with Steve. I hope the younger ones can break away...but I doubt that will happen since someone is still reigning over them. :(

Thanks for the picture on the photo thread.

ETA: It's not like he doesn't have enough money to go buy himself a nice new suit for the GJ appearance.

mysteriew
04-10-2008, 03:54 PM
He didn't wear his uniform to his disciplanary hearing? That was more job related than appearing as a civilian witness in the death and the disappearance in his stepmothers cases.

ETA: So we now know that Steve has been called to the GJ 4 times (it doesn't say how many of those times he actually testified) and that he wore his uniform there twice.

Dallasdon
08-28-2010, 09:03 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/southsouthwest/ct-met-peterson-son-suspended-0829-20100828,0,5208008.story

Three days after testifying that he let his father, Drew Peterson, hide weapons in his home, Oak Brook police officer Stephen Peterson was suspended from his job, village officials said.

The Thursday decision was directly related to Stephen's testimony, a source said.

Stephen Peterson, 31, has been suspended at least five times in the six years he's been an Oak Brook police officer, according to state records and prior police statements.

passionflower
08-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I always wondered if Steve was a good cop/bad cop............like dad...........
I'm so glad the LE are watching his butt also!
He was/is DP 'best friend' so you NEVER know if he was involved in some way.

TallCoolOne
08-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Humph........ how can they even begin to justify him keeping his job when he's been suspended that many times in 6 short years? Unfreakingbelievable is what that is. More and more I have come to question the integrity of Law Enforcement. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, one bad apple...... yadda yadda yadda. It seems that the entire bushel has become rotten here. No wonder drEWWWW thought he was invincible, with the buddies he has, he ALMOST was. Now he's just a fat, sloppy, POS waiting for his trial.

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of all of his misdeeds, layer after layer, until it's all laid open for all to see. I'll betch this little tidbit wiped the smug right off his smugly mug........

passionflower
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
It's good to hear from a local.
I think the layers will come off like an onion.
Oh, if they could only find Stacy!

TallCoolOne
08-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I know, and then it seems that somone has been sending LE on some searches that have been less than fruitful. That worries me, what if the next tip they get is the real deal and they ignore it because of the last two? Makes me as curious as curious can be who the tipster(s) might be........

Gads, this entire debacle makes me so angry, I try so hard and hold back from what I really want to say.

Stacy please, send us a sign so we can find you.

NoeticSoul
12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Police Chief: Peterson's Actions Obstructed Official Investigation
Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills, IL Patch

Peterson's son did not disclose he was in possession of his father's weapons while State Police executed a search warrant on Drew Peterson's home following the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

(snipped)

"Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan testified Thursday night that he believed Officer Stephen Peterson held back crucial evidence while the Illinois State Police were trying to find his missing stepmother, Stacy Peterson. Stephen Peterson is the son of Drew Peterson, currently in prison on charges that he murdered his wife Kathleen Savio in 2004.

The hearing was held to determine whether Stephen Peterson, 31, should be dismissed from the department. Prosecutors are accusing Stephen Peterson of deliberately hiding three of his father's firearms while state police searched Drew Peterson's home in October of 2007.

"[Stephen Peterson] understands that a weapon could have been used in a crime against his young mother. He also understands that within the three weapons there could be fingerprints, DNA, fiber," said Sheahan."

more @ link

http://hinsdale.patch.com/articles/police-chief-petersons-actions-obstructed-official-investigation

NoeticSoul
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Police Panel Puts Off Peterson Problem
Oak Brook's Fire and Police Board has decided to wait 23 before deciding whether or not to fire Drew Peterson's cop son.

---snipped---

"No matter how it shakes out for disgraced Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson's embattled Oak Brook cop son, the young man is going to get another 23 days pay.

Suspended with pay since August while Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan has tried to have him fired, Patrol Officer Stephen Peterson gets to wait another three weeks and two days to find out if he'll have a job anymore."

more @ link

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/police-panel-puts-off-peterson-problem

Trident
02-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Police Panel Puts Off Peterson Problem
Oak Brook's Fire and Police Board has decided to wait 23 before deciding whether or not to fire Drew Peterson's cop son.

---snipped---

"No matter how it shakes out for disgraced Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson's embattled Oak Brook cop son, the young man is going to get another 23 days pay.

Suspended with pay since August while Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan has tried to have him fired, Patrol Officer Stephen Peterson gets to wait another three weeks and two days to find out if he'll have a job anymore."

more @ link

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/police-panel-puts-off-peterson-problem

The 23 PAID days are up, right? I did a quick search but found nothing further. Does anyone know what happened?

ohiogirl
02-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Been looking, but I can't find a thing.

mitzi
02-15-2011, 01:22 AM
The 23 PAID days are up, right? I did a quick search but found nothing further. Does anyone know what happened?

I read an article after the big snowstorm recently, in the midwest, that stated that they cancelled the meeting because of the large amount of snow, but have never heard anything about it being rescheduled.

ETA: Here is the article

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/3609784-418/peterson-police-brook-hearing-oak.html

NoeticSoul
02-15-2011, 10:47 AM

I haven't found anything yet but will post back as soon as I do!

NoeticSoul
02-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Oak Brook dismisses Steve Peterson from police force
Officer Stephen Peterson's claim about hiding weapons was 'self-serving'

--snipped--

"Drew Peterson's oldest son just lost his job at the Oak Brook Police Department.

The Oak Brook Board of Fire & Commissioners on Saturday found Officer Stephen Peterson guilty of obstructing the police investigation of his father's missing wife, Stacy Peterson, by allegedly hiding his father's guns after she vanished."

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Drew-Petersons--116531208.html

drip~drop
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Drew Petersons son is kicked off the Oak Brook PD
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/02/19/drew-petersons-son-fired-from-oak-brook-p-d/

snippet--OAK BROOK, Ill. (CBS) The Fire and Police Commission in west suburban Oak Brook voted unanimously Saturday to fire Officer Stephen Peterson from the force.

As WBBM Newsradio 780′s Bob Roberts reports, Peterson, the son of retired Bolingbrook Police Sgt. Drew Peterson, had been on paid administrative leave for six months.

norest4thewicked
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Interesting. I guess NOW the Oak Brook PD is finally deciding to do something. It only took 4 years!

mysteriew
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Wonder if ole DrewP is still laughing? Wonder if they will ever file charges on Steve?

drip~drop
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Wonder if ole DrewP is still laughing? Wonder if they will ever file charges on Steve?

Ole Drews laugh probably has a lunatic sound to it by now. IMO, he should just give it up and say where Stacy is. It's not like he's gonna be allowed out anyhow. The Will Co. AG is really keeping up on him and Steve.

mysteriew
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I think they will probably end up filing charges on one or two more in this case after the trial, if it ever goes to trial.

Blondie in Spokane
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry to have to ask this, but maybe someone could fill me in. I have not followed his cases lately because he (DP) is such a scumbag that it absolutely makes my skin crawl to even think about that man, much less his crimes and disgustingly evil personality.

What role has SP played in the deaths? I totally missed any news on him. Thanks so much!

gitana1
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry to have to ask this, but maybe someone could fill me in. I have not followed his cases lately because he (DP) is such a scumbag that it absolutely makes my skin crawl to even think about that man, much less his crimes and disgustingly evil personality.

What role has SP played in the deaths? I totally missed any news on him. Thanks so much!

Hey Blondie: Click on the link in the first post and it explains everything if you scroll down.

Nancy2441
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Steve belongs in jail.

mysteriew
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM

There has been conjecture for a good while that SP and one or two others might have helped to dispose of Stacey's body. But what is known for sure is that when DrewP expected to have his weapons taken from him, he gave one to SP to keep for him. (That weapon happens to be the one that the DA has tried to get DrewP on illegal weapons charges on, but hasn't been able to get a conviction.) SP didn't turn the gun over and didn't report to anyone that he had the weapon. So I guess it was for hiding a weapon for a known suspect of a crime.

mysteriew
02-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Drew Peterson 'very angry' his son was fired
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7980858

LOL they have that headline over a pic of laughy happy DrewP

mysteriew
02-26-2011, 12:53 AM
This is an article that explains the circumstances surrounding SP's firing really well. It was the guns, but it was also because he failed to disclose that he received a quarter of a million dollars from DrewP before his arrest.
http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/oak-brook-sacks-petersons-cop-kid

The article also gives more detail about why and how DrewP was fired years ago, before he won his appeal and was rehired. I knew he was allegedly running an unsanctioned investigation, and possibly endangered another LE. But this article alleges that he was also extorting an alleged crime boss.

OT has anyone else noticed that Hosey has changed papers he is reporting for? Now with the Plainfield Patch.

NoeticSoul
02-26-2011, 01:01 AM
This is an article that explains the circumstances surrounding SP's firing really well. It was the guns, but it was also because he failed to disclose that he received a quarter of a million dollars from DrewP before his arrest.
http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/oak-brook-sacks-petersons-cop-kid

The article also gives more detail about why and how DrewP was fired years ago, before he won his appeal and was rehired. I knew he was allegedly running an unsanctioned investigation, and possibly endangered another LE. But this article alleges that he was also extorting an alleged crime boss.

OT has anyone else noticed that Hosey has changed papers he is reporting for? Now with the Plainfield Patch.

bbm

I did not notice that. Interesting...

NoeticSoul
02-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Drew Peterson and Stephen Peterson remember gun hand-off differently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg1XwMF_eu0

article:

http://petersonstory.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/drew-peterson-and-stephen-peterson-remember-gun-hand-off-differently/

passionflower
02-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I wish CPS would remove those sweet children out of this guys house.
He is no better thn his dad.
Brainwashing those kids!
Bad influence on their lives!

NoeticSoul
02-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I wish CPS would remove those sweet children out of this guys house.
He is no better thn his dad.
Brainwashing those kids!
Bad influence on their lives!

ITA

IMO they should be with their respective MATERNAL families. No doubt about it.

My heart aches for DP's older son's though.. and who they COULD have been. Especially his 18 year old. With him as a "father", they never had a chance. Kids just don't grow up evil. These poor young men were brainwashed and coached and live in fear of their father's anger. And like most young boys, long for their father's approval. DP uses that.

DP uses his children as pawns in his chess game of life, and eliminates anyone in his path that may irritate him, interfere with his agendas, or cost him money.

all just moo

JUSTICE FOR KATHLEEN & STACY.

mysteriew
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
DrewP's words

"When I gave Steve my guns there was no investigation to impede," Peterson said. "They were my favorite guns, and I was going to give them to Steve when I retired anyway. I only gave him three of the dozen or so guns I owned, and I kept most of my guns in my house and the police confiscated them all, so how could giving him those three guns impede anything?"

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/drew-peterson-letter-116965153.html#ixzz1FBWbhgMX

NoeticSoul
03-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Drew Peterson's Cop Kid Bids to Win Back Badge

"The lawyer for Drew Peterson's Oak Brook cop son has filed papers in DuPage County Circuit Court in a bid to get his badge back.

The attorney, Tamara Cummings, put the blame for the firing of Peterson's son Stephen Peterson on Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan.

Cummings, the general counsel for the Fraternal Order of Police, called Sheahan's actions "vindictive, retaliatory, unfounded, excessive and part of a pattern of harassment" in the complaint for administrative review she filed Friday."

more:

http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/drew-petersons-cop-kid-bids-to-win-back-badge-2

ohiogirl
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I have to say that this was expected. I still wouldn't want him as an LE officer in my town.

sirensong
08-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Stephen Peterson files 10 million dollar suit against oak brook

http://www.lineofduty.com/the-blotter/114359-drew-petersons-son-sues-oak-brook-il-after-firing-from-police-job

sirensong
08-25-2012, 08:43 PM
http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articles/did-drew-peterson-kid-get-dirty-deal-from-oak-brook-police-chief

I didn't realize he has since divorced and lost his house, so I am just updating this thread.