PDA

View Full Version : Pastor - Neil Schori

Pages : [1] 2

SieSie
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Let's discuss info. related to the pastor here...

From Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316432,00.html):

An ex-cop's missing wife once confessed to her pastor that her husband admitted killing his third wife, the pastor told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren in an interview that aired Monday night.

Stacy Peterson offered enough detail to be credible, said Schori, who declined to discuss those details in the interview.

"But it was very clear that this was not just speculation," he said. "She was not jumping to conclusions."

More at link above.

From Fox News home page there's a picture of the pastor (not sure how long it will stay up there).
http://i1.tinypic.com/828ymol.jpg

Jaded
12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I thought his interview was very compelling, and he sounded very sincere.

SieSie
12-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Transcript from Fox News, Greta's On the Record
Stacy Peterson's Pastor Goes 'On the Record' (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316418,00.html)

SCHORI: She said, He did it.

VAN SUSTEREN: Just like that.

SCHORI: Just like that.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know what the reference point was, as that point, that, He did it?

SCHORI: I had a feeling, but I needed clarification, so of course, I followed up.

VAN SUSTEREN: How did you happen to know that that — I mean, had you spoken about the "He did it" aspect before with her?

SCHORI: I had never spoken with her about that before. I had just heard casual conversations in the community and in my own church about speculation over an interesting death of Mr. Peterson's wife, his third wife.

VAN SUSTEREN: So when she said, He did it, what did you believe that to mean?

SCHORI: I believed, unfortunately, that it was exactly what I thought, and I believed that it was related to the death of his wife. But I clarified, and I said, He did what? And she said, He killed Kathleen. And I was really blown away. I was reeling inside.

VAN SUSTEREN: So how — what did do you?

SCHORI: I asked for more specific things. She gave me details that I really can't share. But I just got her talking about it and asked her what — this is a crazy amount of information. Again, I asked her, What exactly can I do with this? Why did you tell me? I asked her if she had ever told anyone else. She said at the time, she had never told another person.

VAN SUSTEREN: What was the reason for her all of a sudden do you think or the compulsion to suddenly tell you? What was — what was eating at her, or why did she want to tell you?

SCHORI: I've wondered that for two-and-a-half months. I hope that it's because she looked at me as a safe person that she could share some very important information with. It's really speculation, at this point.

VAN SUSTEREN: How do you know that it wasn't just speculation on her part, you know, that she had information that he had — did it?

SCHORI: She had specific information.

Whole transcript available at link above.

SieSie
12-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Me too. I believe him and don't think he has any reason to lie. I'm hoping his testimony will be one more nail in DP's coffin.

indallas2
12-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Me too!!!

swa
12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
As a pastor and minister of God -- why didn't he come forward with this BEFORE she went missing? This was a crime. Personally -- I don't believe him.

Jaded
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Me too. I believe him and don't think he has any reason to lie. I'm hoping his testimony will be one more nail in DP's coffin.

Especially when he became uncomfortable with some of the questions asked by Greta and his responses were that he couldn't share the particulars. LE has been VERY tight lipped about much of this investigation. I hope that the pastor's information will at least get DP off the streets for Kathleen's murder.

closeobserver
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
As a pastor and minister of God -- why didn't he come forward with this BEFORE she went missing? This was a crime. Personally -- I don't believe him.
Fine line. Perhaps she was adamant to him not to. Perhaps she felt her life would be in greater danger if he came forward. Certainly if he reported it to the police, DP would know she was telling people. Also, this put the Pastor's life on the line, too.

Dobler
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I personally can't wait for Brodsky to cross examine him- that means DP will be where he belongs. I think the pastor is credible and wanted to keep the confidence with Stacy- obviously DP knew that she was talking to the pastor.

Tom'sGirl
12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Let's discuss info. related to the pastor here...

From Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316432,00.html):

More at link above.

From Fox News home page there's a picture of the pastor (not sure how long it will stay up there).

I took some screen shots and posted them in PhotoThread of Pastor Neil Schori

fundiva
12-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Fine line. Perhaps she was adamant to him not to. Perhaps she felt her life would be in greater danger if he came forward. Certainly if he reported it to the police, DP would know she was telling people. Also, this put the Pastor's life on the line, too.
Interestingly, when the Pastor returned home or to the church after meeting with Stacey he had a voice message from DP wanting to meet with him.....hmmm, do you think DP was following Stacey or had her bugged? I'm sure she didn't tell DP because she wouldn't want him to know she had talked to the Pastor because DP would want to know what they discussed. The Pastor said he became very anxious when he saw there was a voice mail from DP immediately after the meeting with Stacey.

kpass
12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Interestingly, when the Pastor returned home or to the church after meeting with Stacey he had a voice message from DP wanting to meet with him.....hmmm, do you think DP was following Stacey or had her bugged? I'm sure she didn't tell DP because she wouldn't want him to know she had talked to the Pastor because DP would want to know what they discussed. The Pastor said he became very anxious when he saw there was a voice mail from DP immediately after the meeting with Stacey.

I'm sure the Pastor is kicking himself in the butt now for not going right to the police with the info Stacy gave him regarding Kathleen's murder. Talk about being "between a rock & a hard place!"

SieSie
12-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks, TG, good idea. :D

I'm sure the Pastor is kicking himself in the butt now for not going right to the police with the info Stacy gave him regarding Kathleen's murder. Talk about being "between a rock & a hard place!"
No doubt! I don't fault him for not coming forward before Stacy disappeared, I would think it would be an awful dilemma to be in and maybe he even discussed it (perhaps without using names) to another pastor to get advice on what to do. ??

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for starting this thread SieSie!

The below links are crossposted from the Stacy thread. I haven't been able to get the videos to open. Greta's site is running very slow, for me anyways. High traffic maybe?

Interview with Pastor on Greta:

Part 1
http://tinyurl.com/2dhml2

Part 2
http://tinyurl.com/24wure

browneyedgirl
12-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I personally can't wait for Brodsky to cross examine him- that means DP will be where he belongs. I think the pastor is credible and wanted to keep the confidence with Stacy- obviously DP knew that she was talking to the pastor.

Could you only imagine how scared the man was, getting back to the office and having a voice mail waiting on him from DP? I bet he about crapped his pants - I would have.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 01:17 PM

This only happened four months ago, so I'm sure phone records will be pulled to at least confirm the meeting took place. The beauty of Schori's knowledge will be whether he knows some facts about Kathleens death that has not been released to the public.

Dobler
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
So according to the pastor, Stacy knew about DP murdering Kathleen right after it happened- why did Stacy go to the pastor and reveal this in Aug. -years later? Did DP threaten Stacy in Aug.?

MREG2
12-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm barging in here but could it be possible that the pastor didn't go to the police because he knew/thought that since they were Drew's buddies nothing would be done? And possible he would be bringing harm to himself. Maybe Stacy mentioned something about Drew telling her that if she ever went to the police they would laugh at her/not believe her/does she really think they would do anything. Maybe the pastor felt that since the FBI and others are involved he would be believed and something would be done.

Dobler
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking that she didn't want the pastor to say anything because she was Drew's alibi, and that would mean that she lied to the police during the initial interview after Kathleen's death- she would be in trouble as well.

nanandjim
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I saw part of this interview. I think that the pastor has no reason to lie. I bet that he gave police all of the details that Stacy told to him. There are two reasons that may have kept the pastor from going to the police. Maybe, Stacy asked him not to say anything and maybe he didn't know what to do as Drew was on the police force himself. At the very least, I would then think that this pastor would consult his superior. This is a very serious allegation. If Drew was capable of murdering one wife, he certainly was capable of murdering another.

It wouldn't surprise me if Drew was arrested for Kathleen's murder before he is arrested for Stacy's.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking that she didn't want the pastor to say anything because she was Drew's alibi, and that would mean that she lied to the police during the initial interview after Kathleen's death- she would be in trouble as well.

And I bet Drew pointed that out to Stacy any chance he got. He may have even gone as far as telling her she would be blamed for it. After all, he got away with it initially.

Logger
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM

I would be curious if he discussed Stacy's conversation with another pastor or counselor? If he didn't he made a poor choice. In California a mandatory reporter must report murder or threats to harm self or others to LE. If he was being cautious because Drew was a Police Officer in the department he would be reporting to he should of discussed it with someone else.

He looks very young. Didn't he realize Stacy was in extreme danger? And does he have any remorse now for sitting on this information?

DeltaDawn
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
And I bet Drew pointed that out to Stacy any chance he got. He may have even gone as far as telling her she would be blamed for it. After all, he got away with it initially.

I believe that several of these things took place. Drew hung it over her head that she was his alabi therefore an accomplice and maybe that he would twist things to make it look like Stacy took more of a role in the actual murder of Kathleeen.

Also I think that it is very possible Drew told her she would never be allowed to leave him because the same thing would happen to her. He told wife number 2 and Kathleen how could murder them and make it look like an accident. So there is no reason to beleive he wouldn't have told Stacy the same thing. Drew was very skilled at manipulating his wives by using bully and fear to get the results he wanted.

I'm sure Stacy felt if she went to the police that would not keep Drew from having a little accidental death befall her. I am sure she shared all this and more with the pastor. I think she may have even started the conversation with the fact that this needed to be kept confidential until she was prepared to move forward with the info...she would need to know and believe that the pastor would not let this info out until she was ready.

I think she was preparing to leave Drew and may have mentioned that to the pastor and that this was why..and also how much she feared for her life.

It is amazing how much we learned from just the little bit he was able to tell us..that this does jive with the other info the police have. That so far everyone's story has been alittle different but the main facts have not changed..they all seem to back each other up. Yet they don't know each other. The minister having a phone message from Drew when he returns backs up the stories of Drew's stalking and bugging that others have related.

The peices of the puzzle continue to fall into place.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I would be curious if he discussed Stacy's conversation with another pastor or counselor? If he didn't he made a poor choice. In California a mandatory reporter must report murder or threats to harm self or others to LE. If he was being cautious because Drew was a Police Officer in the department he would be reporting to he should of discussed it with someone else.

He looks very young. Didn't he realize Stacy was in extreme danger? And does he have any remorse now for sitting on this information?

Someone at Greta posted the California law and explained it would only have applied if Stacy said she had or would kill someone. It doesn't apply to second party hearsay or what could be considered gossip.

Schori is 32 years old. Has a lengthy educational resume, and probably does feel remorse. But I'm not sure he had a legal leg to stand on to report anything until Stacy went missing and a crime directly related to her obviously occured.

Leila
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM

I feel Stacy would have been frightened that the pastor might tell the police and it would turn out to be the "wrong police" - those who were DP's friends. This information in the wrong hands would be a disaster. Not only would DP find out that Stacy had told someone, he would know who that someone was.

I think Stacy would have told the pastor to please keep the information confidential. The pastor, in his capacity as a counselor, would be obligated to keep the information confidential unless he felt Stacy was in danger. Stacy told the pastor about DP killing Kathleen, but from what the pastor said in his interview with Greta, she didn't tell the pastor that she was being physically abused. Had that been the case - DP killing Kathleen and now physically abusive to Stacy, that would have been the one thing that may have prompted the pastor to break his obligation of confidentiality and tell authorities.

curiositycat
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know what Christian Denomination the church is that this man pastors? I am an ordained women's minister and I have to tell you that if someone came to me with this information I would have been obligated by God and my conscience to tell the police.
Something about this "pastor" just doesn't set right with me. No evidence, just a hunch.

DeltaDawn
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
You would have gone to the BB police knowing that her husband is a cop on their force, that his third wife Kathleen had called them 18 times and was murdered by him, that his current wife was afraid of him, and when you get back to the office there is a voice mail from him saying he knows where you were and you just met with his wife?

Most importantly I believe she prefaced the whole meeting with the fact that this must remain confidential..it was a situation where he was damned if you and damned if you don't.

closeobserver
12-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know what Christian Denomination the church is that this man pastors? I am an ordained women's minister and I have to tell you that if someone came to me with this information I would have been obligated by God and my conscience to tell the police.
Something about this "pastor" just doesn't set right with me. No evidence, just a hunch.
With all due respect, bring this to police based on what? There was no indication that Stacy said there was an immenent threat to her life. Perhaps she did, but that is not stated. She may have told the pastor that she needed prayers as she was working on a plan to make this right, but she need time. She also may have stated to the Pastor that telling authorities at this time would only endanger her more.

I believe that his obligation was to bring it up to senior pastoral staff, which appears to be what he did. From there, I'm sure that he was advised on what to do next.

It is always easy to look back in the mirror after the fact and say what he should have done, but I'm sure he was doing what he felt was the right thing.

CW
12-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I also heard Mark Furman say that ISp most likely leaked the info out about the pastor and he said it was us (media)who tracked the pastor down and started asking him questions. Like others I believe he feared going to BBPD knowing that Drew worked there and I'm sure Stacy would of told the pastor that NO one is going to believe us. I believe the pastor did a lot of soul searching and many sleepless nights thinking that if he reported what Stacy had told him that Stacy could very well come up dead and himself as well. This is just my own thinking.

Wudge
12-11-2007, 05:27 PM
You would have gone to the BB police knowing that her husband is a cop on their force, that his third wife Kathleen had called them 18 times and was murdered by him, that his current wife was afraid of him, and when you get back to the office there is a voice mail from him saying he knows where you were and you just met with his wife?

Most importantly I believe she prefaced the whole meeting with the fact that this must remain confidential..it was a situation where he was damned if you and damned if you don't.

Tall tale or otherwise, the pastor's reporting is twice removed hearsay and Stacey is not available to be confronted, thus, inadmissible as evidence.

Tom'sGirl
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
[quote]Does anyone know what Christian Denomination the church is that this man pastors?

It just says Naperville Christian Church
http://www.napervillechristian.org/Mail/Congregation/Installation_letter_11.12.07.pdf

capps
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I understand that the pastor may have,after much consideration,and talking to his superiors,decided to go to LE and tell them what he knows.If all is true,I'm glad he did.

What I have a hard time with is,talking to LE is one thing,doing an inteview with a nightly news show is something else. I'm surprised he did that.

tagalong
12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm praying and hoping that Stacy told someone else after she told her pastor about DP killing wife #3. I feel like Stacy may have told someone else, since her pastor asked for anyone to come forward if they had any information at all (that comment seemed a little odd coming from pastor - I thought).

mysteriew
12-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I believe that Stacy shared info with the pastor in Aug. because she already knew she was leaving DrewP. And I believe it is possible that she may have asked him not to report the info until she had gotten away from DrewP.
I also believe that she shared with the pastor for a reason. That reason being that if she ended up dead or missing, she wanted that info to come out. This was her way of insuring that.

BarnGoddess
12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
He's 32? He looks so much younger. I wonder just how new he is to being a clergyman. He said he did more counseling than preaching. I do remember Brodsky? saying something earlier about things told to a pastor shouldn't be repeated. The confidential bit. I know Greta did have the Illinois law there and said he could report conversations to the authorities. I just wonder how much inexperience caused his hesitation to report to the police immediately.

tagalong
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — An ex-cop's missing wife once confessed to her pastor that her husband admitted killing his third wife, the pastor told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren in an interview that aired Monday night.
Former Westbrook Christian Church pastor Neil Schori told "On the Record" that he was "reeling inside" after his conversation with Stacy Peterson over coffee in August.
"He killed Kathleen (Savio)," Stacy Peterson had said, according to Schori.
FOXNEWS.COM HOME (http://www.foxnews.com/index.html) > U.S. (http://www.foxnews.com/us/index.html)

What's with the FORMER?

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Tall tale or otherwise, the pastor's reporting is twice removed hearsay and Stacey is not available to be confronted, thus, inadmissible as evidence.

Most likely true, unless it can be tied to motive. As in this conversation caused Stacy's demise. Which would make the Pastor a first party and no longer hearsay. Otherwise, it probably can't be used in court at all. But what a great investigative tool. And whatever Drew said to the Pastor isn't hearsay.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:13 PM
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. — An ex-cop's missing wife once confessed to her pastor that her husband admitted killing his third wife, the pastor told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren in an interview that aired Monday night.
Former Westbrook Christian Church pastor Neil Schori told "On the Record" that he was "reeling inside" after his conversation with Stacy Peterson over coffee in August.
FOXNEWS.COM HOME (http://www.foxnews.com/index.html) > U.S. (http://www.foxnews.com/us/index.html)

What's with the FORMER?

He's currently at a different church.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
He is currently here as Tomsgirl linked above:

http://www.napervillechristian.org/contact.htm

Tom'sGirl
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM

What's with the FORMER?

He's now with Naperville Christian Church
http://www.napervillechristian.org/M...r_11.12.07.pdf (http://www.napervillechristian.org/Mail/Congregation/Installation_letter_11.12.07.pdf)

Contents of PDF
http://i9.tinypic.com/6x9zo2f.jpg

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:27 PM
The below is what I found on Schori. It appears that the coffee house is involved in his daily life and would explain Stacy meeting him at one.

http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=-153124

M.A., Counseling
Lincoln Christian Seminary

B.S., Political Science
Illinois State University

Neil Schori Pastor of Community Care Neil comes to Westbrook after growing up in Bloomington, IL, graduating from Illinois State University and Lincoln Christian Seminary with a degree in Biblical Counseling.
Neil is married to Brandi and they have one daughter. If you need to meet with Neil - he will either be at Westbrook Church or Caribou Coffee just up the street from the Ministry Center.

Schmerty_Jones
12-11-2007, 07:33 PM
It sounds like DrewP. had some sort of bugging device on Stacy. Doesn't sound like the could talk, laugh or spit without him hearing. Do you think he heard the conversation she had with Pastor Schori! ???

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Counseling Pastor at Westbrook Church and Owner, 180 Life Consulting

Current: Owner, 180 Life Consulting
Counseling Pastor, Westbrook Church
Past: Spiritual Care Coordinator, Odyssey Healthcare
Manager, Four Seasons Association
Education: MA, Lincoln Christian College & Seminary

http://www.linkedin.com/find/s/s31/s31_37.html

http://www.odyssey-healthcare.com/

Wudge
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Most likely true, unless it can be tied to motive. As in this conversation caused Stacy's demise. Which would make the Pastor a first party and no longer hearsay. Otherwise, it probably can't be used in court at all. But what a great investigative tool. And whatever Drew said to the Pastor isn't hearsay.

What did Drew say to the pastor that would be inculpatory evidence?

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
What did Drew say to the pastor that would be inculpatory evidence?

Lol, I have no idea. That's why I said whatever Drew said...

I wish I knew though!

TGIRecovered
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Would it make a difference if the pastor can tell police details of Kathleen's death that only the killer would know? Something that could be proven to be fact?

That would leave it up the the jury to decide if the pastor killed Kathleen:rolleyes: , or Stacy or Drew killed her.

susan

curiositycat
12-11-2007, 08:54 PM
With all due respect, bring this to police based on what? There was no indication that Stacy said there was an immenent threat to her life. Perhaps she did, but that is not stated. She may have told the pastor that she needed prayers as she was working on a plan to make this right, but she need time. She also may have stated to the Pastor that telling authorities at this time would only endanger her more.

I believe that his obligation was to bring it up to senior pastoral staff, which appears to be what he did. From there, I'm sure that he was advised on what to do next.

It is always easy to look back in the mirror after the fact and say what he should have done, but I'm sure he was doing what he felt was the right thing.

Well, last night on GVS he said that there had been rumors around the church regarding Kathy Savio. There is a new Chief of Police in Bolingbrook. I would of done it based on that. I know I am treading on icy water here, but just think about this perhaps Stacy would be here today if he had of taken some action. IMHO

cricket
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't know enough about what Stacy may have told him to know whether he should have reported this to authorities. I DO have an opinion on the pastor speaking out on national TV. I do not understand at all how he could be telling people (other than LE) what she confided to him. While I believe that Stacy is probably dead, there is no proof yet that she is, and for him to ignore the promise of confidentiality just seems very wrong. What if Stacy is alive and is a "runaway wife" and is alive - and this pastor is on national TV discussing confidential discussions? No pastor I have ever heard of would violate confidentiality.

OMG - Brodsky is on Abrams right now spreading a rumor that Stacy may have been involved with the pastor..................he is slime!

Jaded
12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't know enough about what Stacy may have told him to know whether he should have reported this to authorities. I DO have an opinion on the pastor speaking out on national TV. I do not understand at all how he could be telling people (other than LE) what she confided to him. While I believe that Stacy is probably dead, there is no proof yet that she is, and for him to ignore the promise of confidentiality just seems very wrong. What if Stacy is alive and is a "runaway wife" and is alive - and this pastor is on national TV discussing confidential discussions? No pastor I have ever heard of would violate confidentiality.

OMG - Brodsky is on Abrams right now spreading a rumor that Stacy may have been involved with the pastor..................he is slime!

He is worse than slime! I am beyond disgusted!

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM

I saw that one coming. There has to be a point in time that Brodsky crosses that one line he can't recover from. He'll get shredded if this case ever goes to trial.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM

People give too much faith in confidentiality ethics and laws. They are not as air tight as people would like to believe. Believe me when I say I KNOW! At the very end of the interview with Greta, I think Schori explains pretty well why he's coming forward in the media. He want's other people that may have information to come forward and do the same thing even though it's tough. Also, by telling his story from his own mouth, prevents the media from making up stuff because he wasn't talking.

englishleigh
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I saw that one coming. There has to be a point in time that Brodsky crosses that one line he can't recover from. He'll get shredded if this case ever goes to trial.

Mark Fuhrman is on Greta and he basically just said that...that Brodsky has gone too far and that it's time for him to "step away" from the case.

panthera
12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I found that very eerie also. I think DP knew that Stacy had gone to see him and maybe he was suspicious that she'd said something so he called the pastor. I don't fault the pastor for not saying anything before now. He still has to be afraid for his own life.

panthera
12-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Mark Fuhrman is on Greta and he basically just said that...that Brodsky has gone too far and that it's time for him to "step away" from the case.
Mark is right (as usual)! :)

Leila
12-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Greta just reported it, saying she was getting a lot of emails from listeners saying that Brodsky was interviewed on another media and said that the pastor was involved in an affair with Stacy.

Greta asked Mark Fuhrman about this an he's very upset. He says the pastor is above reproach, and said that Brodsky brings shame to his profession. Greta says that if the report is true, it's actionable.

Lisa Too
12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Greta just reported it, saying she was getting a lot of emails from listeners saying that Brodsky was interviewed on another media and said that the pastor was involved in an affair with Stacy.

Greta asked Mark Fuhrman about this an he's very upset. He says the pastor is above reproach, and said that Brodsky brings shame to his profession. Greta says that if the report is true, it's actionable.

This is all too far out to be believable! What's next? I don't even think the most creative mind can guess. How low can you get - implicating the pastor? Now, that's pretty creative! And desparate, if you ask me!

Leila
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
More coming up after the break. Greta is going to play more of her interview with the Pastor, Neil Schori, and it's all new - what wasn't aired last night.

panthera
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM

I knew it! I'd just posted on another thread here that DP probably believed the pastor was one of Stacy's boyfriends. I don't believe they were having an affair but this is just another tactic from DP to take the focus off himself as a suspect.

nanandjim
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM

This is unbelieveable. I'm sure Drew thought that Stacy was having an affair with anyone who glanced her way. To say such a thing about this pastor is absolutely unreal. Notice how every single person who has spoken out against Drew is unstable, has problems, can't be believed, is a nutcase, just wants attention, is lying, is delusional and had an affair with Stacy.

I hope that the pastor sues this lowlife.

panthera
12-11-2007, 10:31 PM
This is all too far out to be believable! What's next? I don't even think the most creative mind can guess. How low can you get - implicating the pastor? Now, that's pretty creative! And desparate, if you ask me!
He is desperate! After all, what the pastor revealed in last night's interview connects DP to Kathleen's murder. The only thing DP and the lawyer can do now is trash the pastor.

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Below is a recap of the Dan Abrams show, courtesy of Snicker at Courtvboards. Good job Snicker! I found this via a kind poster at Greta. So I'm reading what I'll post below, is Brodsky saying it's Neil's fault for not protecting Stacy from Drew? Did Brodsky just admit that Drew is guilty?

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=320755&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

Dan Abrams Update: http://boards.courttv.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
DA: DP needs your help. He is calling on his fellow Americans to give donations on a new website he put up today. It has since crashed, been taken down, who knows? The money will go to his legal defense, a PI, and then his kids. Well, DP may really need some help because his pastor is coming out to say that DP confessed to SP that he killed KS. (showing clip of pastor)
DA: You going to go after the man of the cloth now?
JB: This guy is a certified counsellor and a mandatory reporter. After SP tells him about this the pastor says "that's nice, go home and pray." This is what he's report for weeks now in several different media. It doesn't even make sense.
DA: Maybe it makes sense because clergy hear a lot of things and they need to consider the circumstances and what effect reporting might have. He may have wanted to help her resolve her issues first.
JB: He wanted to help her? When someone confesses to murder? He has an obligation to report. If I were SP's family I would be looking for an attorney to sue this pastor.
SF: This guy is a police sargeant, so who are they going to report it to? The police department where he works?
DA: This may be double hearsay. Any way to get it in?
JS: It is hearsay. There are two levels of hearsay, it's not getting in.
DA: If they can show that SP was gotten rid of to keep her from telling anyone else about DP's confession, it could come in.
JB: (stuttering), no, no. There are other issues too.
DA: I guess the money goes first to you, then to the PI, and then to the kids, so you get the bulk of the money.
JB: I consider the attorneys fees and the PI fees as co-equal. It's customary for attorneys and PIs to work together.
DA: DP's got no leads? Such that he might be able to find the woman he claims is alive. He's got to have some idea who his wife ran off with.
JB: We get sightings everyday.
DA: Not whacko sightings. I'm talking about real tangible leads.
JB: Well, we have the two Rosetto brothers, the nurses. And we've also heard that there have been rumors about this pastor and SP.
DA: What?! You're going to sit there and tell me that SP was having an affair with this pastor?
JB: That's not something I just made up. I've gotten several calls about the possibility that they had . . .
DA: We're not even going to continue taking about that. You just came on national tv and hinted that SP was having an affair with this pastor. We'll talk about that again when you have some proof of that allegation. That's just nonsense.
JB: I also just wanted to say again that the attorney fees and PI are co-equal.
DA: Thanks, we'll have you back again soon.

curiositycat
12-11-2007, 10:45 PM
People give too much faith in confidentiality ethics and laws. They are not as air tight as people would like to believe. Believe me when I say I KNOW! At the very end of the interview with Greta, I think Schori explains pretty well why he's coming forward in the media. He want's other people that may have information to come forward and do the same thing even though it's tough. Also, by telling his story from his own mouth, prevents the media from making up stuff because he wasn't talking.
SQ...I agree 100%. There are some other people who know something and he was trying to get that point across. You hear a lot of bad things when you are counseling people. To hear that someone is married to a man who may of killed the woman before her, and is now coming to you for marriage counseling, you have to do what you have to do. Confidentiality ethics are broken every day FOR GOOD REASONS. IMHO this would have been a good time to break the code of ethics and do what is RIGHT for the person. We aren't talking about folks who disagree about the kids, or money. We are talking about MURDER!

About his lawyer.....he needs to fire him or bend over and REALLY kiss his butt goodbye.:twocents:

cricket
12-11-2007, 10:47 PM
This is unbelieveable. I'm sure Drew thought that Stacy was having an affair with anyone who glanced her way. To say such a thing about this pastor is absolutely unreal. Notice how every single person who has spoken out against Drew is unstable, has problems, can't be believed, is a nutcase, just wants attention, is lying, is delusional and had an affair with Stacy.

He should sue and I hope he does! Brodsky is awful. I don't usually agree with Michael Cardoza (on Greta) but he is right tonight - Brodsky is just clueless when it comes to handling the media and he is making things worse for his client.

Ah shucks, I just realized that DP probably gave him a big retainer and may not be able to get it back from Brodsky. Oh - poor Drew. (snark)

Leila
12-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I"m just flabbergasted at Joel Brodsky. This guy is as low as his client. I hope the good pastor sues Brodsky, and Brodsky is disbarred. :furious:

SuziQ
12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems? And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing? You are correct, pastors must hear bad things all the time. And you can imagine how true that is when a marriage is falling apart.

Lisa Too
12-11-2007, 10:55 PM
He is desperate! After all, what the pastor revealed in last night's interview connects DP to Kathleen's murder. The only thing DP and the lawyer can do now is trash the pastor.

Why doesn't he just give it up? He just continues to make a bigger arse of himself all the time. How about showing some concern for the missing wife and the children?

Tom'sGirl
12-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems? [quote]And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing?
Very well could have been SQ!

cricket
12-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Why doesn't he just give it up? He just continues to make a bigger arse of himself all the time. How about showing some concern for the missing wife and the children?

The pastor showed more concern for Stacy and her children's welfare than Drew or Brodsky have ever shown!

SeekingJana
12-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh my goodness! According to the Naperville church letter which is posted, Neil Schori's wife Brandi, has just given birth to twin daughters.

Please pray for this man of God and his precious family to be safe from DP and all who are associated with DP.

Maria

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Pastor 'blown away' by Stacy's confession about Drew

December 11, 2007

~snip
Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed was the first to report in late November on the conversation between Stacy Peterson and Schori. In August, Stacy Peterson confided to Schori that her husband had claimed to have killed his previous wife, sources told the Sun-Times.

And earlier this month, the Sun-Times interviewed Schori, who acknowledged he'd spoken to Stacy Peterson in August.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/692058,CST-NWS-peterson11.article

curiositycat
12-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Curiosity, you made me think about something. Could the pastor have thought that this was such an unbelievable tale between a married couple that were having problems? And didn't realize the truth of what Stacy said until she went missing? You are correct, pastors must hear bad things all the time. And you can imagine how true that is when a marriage is falling apart.
Well, that would make sense to me as to why he didn't say anything. He looks young and clean cut. Probably doesn't hear that sort-of thing everyday. LOL Maybe he did wonder at first if she was "exaggerating" things. He did say he was so stunned at first he didn't know what to think. I think you may be right.

Camper
12-12-2007, 08:13 AM
I thought the pastor to be authentic, youthful and earnest but, PERHAPS IF SP was counseled to contact BBPD, and SP worried about the BBPD in cahoots with DP. An older and more experienced pastor would then have counseled her and gone with her to the Illinois Crime Bureau or the State DA, etc. He might also have asked for prayers from the congregation for her in a way not to betray her confidence, but to also set the gossiper watchers down.

Consider imop, in every church no matter how large or small you will always find a few choice members who watch, observe and make private judgements about other members and their specific behaviors or activities that they have observed.

Then from their own personal watching and observing, these watchers and observers often have a close friend with whom they share their watching and their observations and then come up with scenarios on what each of their watches and observations seem to indicate about such activities of fellow church members.

In a word it becomes gossip, it has been said that three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

So IF DP'sA had phone calls about the minister and SP, then that would surely be hearsay. Something that a bonified attorney should not be found repeating to anyone MUCH LESS a MEDIA person.

Do you think DP'sA took name rank and serial numbers of the people who called HIM on the telephone? I am guessing NAH.

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Drew Peterson’s legal defense fund
Dec. 11: Drew Peterson, suspected in the disappearance of his wife, needs your help and is calling on fellow Americans to help pay his legal bills. Dan Abrams speaks with Peterson’s attorney Joel B... (more) (http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19599749/&fg=&from=00&vid=a167fcdd-0700-45f2-bce2-1e4b3932dc5d&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:0:tag:News_Comment%20-%20Analysis:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1#)

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=msnbc&vid=a167fcdd-0700-45f2-bce2-1e4b3932dc5d

DeltaDawn
12-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I believe the pastor and I also believe he was given enough detail by Stacy that when he spoke with LE, along with info from others and the new autopsy report, that what he has to say will no longer be considered heresay but factual.

On Greta it appeared that what he was saying had tied into what others have said. Also remember that even Ric Mims had told Drew with Stacy gone he had no more alibi for Kathy's death and it sucked to be Drew.

Then co workers came forward about her bruises and beatings from Drew.
Enough people with the same facts and same story tranlates in the jury's eyes to truth when they hear it over and over again.

If we were on a jury now who would we believe...Drew who took the 5th, Brodsky the fool and big mouth..or several normal citizens that all tell the same story?

Taximom
12-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I can't imagine being this young pastor hearing about the murder from Stacy, and then getting the voicemail from Drew when he returned from the meeting!! That would have freaked me out.

browneyedgirl
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I believe that Stacy shared info with the pastor in Aug. because she already knew she was leaving DrewP. And I believe it is possible that she may have asked him not to report the info until she had gotten away from DrewP.
I also believe that she shared with the pastor for a reason. That reason being that if she ended up dead or missing, she wanted that info to come out. This was her way of insuring that.

That is what I was thinking exactly mysteriew. I believe that was her security and if DP did carry out previous threats he made to her, she wanted someone in a position to be believed by LE, if she tuned up having an "accident" and that's why she choose the pastor.

I'm sure she told others her dilema, but didn't now whether LE would viewthem as credible.

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 10:10 AM

It's intimidation of potential witnesses. Everyone who steps forward gets trashed, so therefore a warning to others who are considering stepping forward with info, that they too will be trashed if they say anything.

But they have overdone it. When they trashed the pastor, they went too far and now no one will believe what Brodsky and DrewP have to say (of course not too many people gave them much credence anyway.)

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
That is what I was thinking exactly mysteriew. I believe that was her security and if DP did carry out previous threats he made to her, she wanted someone in a position to be believed by LE, if she tuned up having an "accident" and that's why she choose the pastor.

I'm sure she told others her dilema, but didn't now whether LE would viewthem as credible.

She doesn't seem to have told too much detail to family. She told them some things, but downplayed some of it and didn't give them details. Perhaps she didn't want to worry them in case she was able to get out ok. But it was important to her that someone knew.

nanandjim
12-12-2007, 10:27 AM
It's intimidation of potential witnesses. Everyone who steps forward gets trashed, so therefore a warning to others who are considering stepping forward with info, that they too will be trashed if they say anything.

But they have overdone it. When they trashed the pastor, they went too far and now no one will believe what Brodsky and DrewP have to say (of course not too many people gave them much credence anyway.)
I never believed Brodsky from the beginning. He seemed like an incompetent nitwit, to me. Just listen to the talking heads (who I think are told to give the pros and the cons). They all say that he is an embarrassment to the legal profession.

browneyedgirl
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
She doesn't seem to have told too much detail to family. She told them some things, but downplayed some of it and didn't give them details. Perhaps she didn't want to worry them in case she was able to get out ok. But it was important to her that someone knew.

agreed. I believe that she was in fear of DP, but didn't allow her family to know the entire truth out of fear of their safety. Also, maybe Stacy didn't tell her family fearing that they would be the first people DP would suspect knowing, and therefore putting her loved ones in danger.
I believe she had alot on her plate with trying to live a "normal" life in front of others. I just widh she would have made it out safely.

browneyedgirl
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I never believe Brodsky from the beginning. He seemed like an incompetent nitwit, to me. Just listen to the talking heads (who I think are told to give the pros and the cons). They all say that he is an embarrassment to the legal profession.

I agree with you, nanandjim. Brodsky is an embarrassment to law professionals everywhere.
The more Brodsky opens his mouth, the more ignorance comes from it. I can't wait for Nancy Grace to come back from maternity leave, she will chew him up and spit him out, worse that Greta's "brats":woohoo:

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 11:09 AM

I agree! I just posted in the JAB thread that I thought this might be a method to Brodsky's madness. Scary and yet could be very effective.

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
According to this article, the 'shot through the ceiling' did happen in Aug.! Below are snips from the article

...Cales said the gun incident happened in August.

...A minister who counseled Stacy said he met her at a coffee shop in August where Stacy blurted out to him that her husband admitted he killed Savio.

...Cales said that two weeks before Stacy went missing, she found her cell phone bill in Peterson's briefcase, with numbers highlighted and notes scribbled on it.

...Cales said Stacy immediately got a new number and had the bill sent to Cales' work.

"She said, 'I can't take this anymore,'" Cales said. Stacy's friends and family have said she told Peterson she wanted a divorce in the days leading up to her disappearance.

...Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy's relatives, said she was not surprised by the appeal for money.

"The first thing that comes to my mind is that we must be hot on the trail for him to do something like this," Bosco said.

She dismissed the claim that the money would be used to hire a private investigator, saying Peterson had ample time to help look for his wife but chose not to do so.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_12dec12,0,4841682.story?coll=chi_about_cu stom_events_xpromo

curiositycat
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I believe the pastor and I also believe he was given enough detail by Stacy that when he spoke with LE, along with info from others and the new autopsy report, that what he has to say will no longer be considered heresay but factual.

On Greta it appeared that what he was saying had tied into what others have said. Also remember that even Ric Mims had told Drew with Stacy gone he had no more alibi for Kathy's death and it sucked to be Drew.

Enough people with the same facts and same story tranlates in the jury's eyes to truth when they hear it over and over again.

If we were on a jury now who would we believe...Drew who took the 5th, Brodsky the fool and big mouth..or several normal citizens that all tell the same story?

OK DD I believe him too, even though I don't like the way he handled it from a battered women's viewpoint. That being said my question is this...how will we ever know if the things he says Stacy told him were really coming from her mouth or from the autopsy results that Dr. Baden has described in detail? I pray he has some details that have not been made public but will be something that only the police are aware of.;)

nanandjim
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with you, nanandjim. Brodsky is an embarrassment to law professionals everywhere.
The more Brodsky opens his mouth, the more ignorance comes from it. I can't wait for Nancy Grace to come back from maternity leave, she will chew him up and spit him out, worse that Greta's "brats":woohoo:
I just love Bernie's wit and sense of humor. He's a great addition to her show. :)

DeltaDawn
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
From the article above it would seem that August was a huge turning point in Drew and Stacy's relationship. She meets with the pastor, she gets shot at by accident by Drew ( I wonder in what order those two events happened ) and I am sure she was telling him soon after she was prepared to leave.

Also the info on Stacy finding her cell phone bill highlighted and with notes on it is very telling. So she had proof that he was tracking everything that she did and who she spoke with..how frightened she must have been right before she was murdered.

DeltaDawn
12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
OK DD I believe him too, even though I don't like the way he handled it from a battered women's viewpoint. That being said my question is this...how will we ever know if the things he says Stacy told him were really coming from her mouth or from the autopsy results that Dr. Baden has described in detail? I pray he has some details that have not been made public but will be something that only the police are aware of.;)

He was interviewed by the police fairly early on in the case, I believe, because he was to be on the GJ and then when they were told it was Kathy's case he had to be excused from that hearing due to prior knowledge. I would think that is the point at which he went to LE with everything he knew. Which would have been prior to the second and third autopsy reports. The public knew very little then but CC, Tom and now this pastor would have come forward..which I think propelled things forward.

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 12:09 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
I just got word that more of our interviews with Sgt Peterson’s fiance and Stacy’s Pastor will be posted here or on our ON THE RECORD show page in a couple of hours. Right now they are encoding them - whatever that means…you might want to watch these interviews on the web simply because we did not show complete interviews on out TV show (ON THE RECORD, ten pm eastern)….

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/12/note-4/

Pocono Sleuther
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
According to this article, the 'shot through the ceiling' did happen in Aug.! Below are snips from the article

...A minister who counseled Stacy said he met her at a coffee shop in August where Stacy blurted out to him that her husband admitted he killed Savio.

...Cales said that two weeks before Stacy went missing, she found her cell phone bill in Peterson's briefcase, with numbers highlighted and notes scribbled on it.

...Cales said Stacy immediately got a new number and had the bill sent to Cales' work.

"She said, 'I can't take this anymore,'" Cales said. Stacy's friends and family have said she told Peterson she wanted a divorce in the days leading up to her disappearance.

...Pam Bosco, a spokeswoman for Stacy's relatives, said she was not surprised by the appeal for money.

"The first thing that comes to my mind is that we must be hot on the trail for him to do something like this," Bosco said.

She dismissed the claim that the money would be used to hire a private investigator, saying Peterson had ample time to help look for his wife but chose not to do so.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_12dec12,0,4841682.story?coll=chi_about_cu stom_events_xpromo

First off, what a lunatic with the cell phone bill. He has some seriuos control issues. Second, I just KNEW there was something that pushed her to tell the pastor. I feel she had an inkling she wasn't going to make it out of this marriage alive. :( Yet she wanted to make sure there were credible people she had told her side to. As for his bid for donations...foohey. He's a damn loser and I can't imagine anyone handing him cash. Poor poor Drew. :boohoo: My only concern even remotely tied to him are the children.

Wudge
12-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Defendants have a Constitutional right to confrontation. How could DP confront twice removed hearsay?

Leila
12-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Just some thoughts here........I'm intrigued by the pastor's comment that there's details that he doesn't feel comfortable sharing. He did say that much of what Stacy told him corroborates other known information. I'm trying to imagine how the conversation between the pastor and Stacy might have gone - this is just my speculation............

Stacy: "He did it."
Pastor: "Did what?"
Stacy: "He killed Kathleen"
Pastor: "Have you told the police?"
Stacy: "no, some of the Bolingbrook police are Drew's friends and helped cover up the murder. I don't know who can be trusted on the Bolingbrook PD."

We do know that Stacy and the pastor discussed the police department because the pastor did say that she hadn't told the police the truth when she was initially interviewed by them.

When you look at it from this perspective, the pastor came away from that meeting with Stacy knowing that Drew Peterson had killed his third wife, and that the local Bolingbrook police couldn't be trusted. Knowing that information, the pastor isn't going to go to the police with what he knows. If he contacted the wrong police officer, the information might go directly to Drew and could get Stacy killed. I can't fault him for not going to the police. He was hoping Stacy would successful get away from DP, and that DP would eventually be prosecuted.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 04:18 PM

that's what i'm thinking, & he held it over her head all this time.....good grief!!...was this while she was married to DP.....how soon after Kathleen's death did Stacy & DP get married???...nevermind, it doesn't matter now, ugh....

close_enough
12-12-2007, 04:21 PM

wow, he looks really young!

close_enough
12-12-2007, 04:26 PM

i think it's possible that Stacy went to the preacher because she truly felt DP might kill her some day soon, & she wanted this off her conscience...maybe?

close_enough
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM

gosh, how awful to live like this...wish she hadn't been so afraid of DP:(

eta...i have to keep reminding myself that Stacy was so young....bless her heart

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
that's what i'm thinking, & he held it over her head all this time.....good grief!!...was this while she was married to DP.....[quote]how soon after Kathleen's death did Stacy & DP get married???.
The were already married when Kathleen died March 01, 2004, they had be married since Oct. 18, 2003

i.b.nora
12-12-2007, 05:21 PM
The were already married when Kathleen died March 01, 2004, they had be married since Oct. 18, 2003
In late 2003, Will County Judge Susan O'Leary dissolved their marriage. Their divorce was "bifurcated," in this case meaning they were allowed to divorce before their common property was divided... Then in March 2004, a neighbor found Savio dead in the dry bathtub...

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought they married a week or so after her death. Especially since, they were not fully divorced at the time of her death.

No, they married 8 days after the divorce was finalized with the property settlement still pending. I believe the property settlement was due to be finalized a few days after Kathleen died. Of course her death stopped that.

Leila
12-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I thought they married a week or so after her death. Especially since, they were not fully divorced at the time of her death.

DP and Kathleen received a final decree in October with the understanding that the property settlement was still outstanding. This allowed the parties to re-marry and DP and Stacy were married on October 18, 2003.

So, Stacy was already married to DP at the time of Kathleen's death, and had been for about 4 and a 1/2 months. DP and Stacy already had a child - Anthony, who was about 10 months old at the time he parents married.

i.b.nora
12-12-2007, 05:31 PM
You are right. I was editing (correcting) my post while you were posting.

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
by Greta Van Susteren
I am in NYC and, while I was en route, our staff called Drew Peterson’s lawyer Joel Brodsky (again) to see if he would join us. Instead his wife/assistant said the only statement Joel Brodsky would have is the one that he sent by text message to OTR Producer Steph Watts and invited us to read it on air. I will, but, I was willing to bury it thinking it was not serious and would make him look bad…that he wrote it when he was mad and not thinking (I have done that and more than once) ..but apparently Brodsky wants it read…so I will do it so that he does not cry foul. If he wants to call us and give us a substantive statement, I am receptive. If he wants us to read his text message, so be it. (more at link)

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/12/12/wellnot-exactly-substantive/

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Part 3: Greta's raw interview with Stacy Peterson's pastor

http://tinyurl.com/2t9q38

Littledeer
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
This just breaks my heart. I wish the Pastor had been able to find Stacy a "safe" place to stay at, and then gone somewhere to report what she said.

I certainly understand that going to the BPD would not be a safe option as neither Stacy or the Pastor knew who were all of DP's friends.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if he had gone to a neighboring Police Department if they would have acted on it???

i.b.nora
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Apparently, according to some posters at findstacypeterson.com Steve Carcerano was on some TV show today "claiming on national TV that Stacy and the Pastor DID have an affair. Carcerano is claiming that it has been a rumor for a long time."
I don't know what show.
It was probably FoxNews, but I simply don't watch that network very often, except for Greta.

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I just looked up the location of the Westbrook Church which is located at 1175 Lily Cache Lane and it's only .85 miles from the Peterson home. I wonder if Stacy ever may have walked there for any counseling?

i.b.nora
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
It seems that the pastor did most of his meetings with parishoners at
Caribou Coffee which is located at 266 S Weber Rd Bolingbrook, IL 60490.

And, that IS where he met with Stacy. Its also right near the Krispy Kreme and the Starbucks.

Add that to your google map, it is very close as well.

Taximom
12-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Apparently, according to some posters at findstacypeterson.com Steve Carcerano was on some TV show today "claiming on national TV that Stacy and the Pastor DID have an affair. Carcerano is claiming that it has been a rumor for a long time."
I don't know what show.
It was probably FoxNews, but I simply don't watch that network very often, except for Greta.

Where has Steve been lately?

Anyway, I'm sure this is just more "Drew says" crap that SC believes.

Camper
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
This just breaks my heart. I wish the Pastor had been able to find Stacy a "safe" place to stay at, and then gone somewhere to report what she said.

I certainly understand that going to the BPD would not be a safe option as neither Stacy or the Pastor knew who were all of DP's friends.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if he had gone to a neighboring Police Department if they would have acted on it???

--->>>I posted earlier on this thread that I do believe he could go to the Illinois Bureau of Investigation (IBI), each state has one. Colorado is called CBI. As I understand they take over special investigations and are independed of local PD's. The Illinois State District Attorney could be helpful in a situation like the pastor found himself in. imop.

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Part 3: Greta's raw interview with Stacy Peterson's pastor
http://tinyurl.com/2t9q38
After listening to the above video Pastor Schori said Stacy had told DP that she was meeting with him that day. I wonder what reason Stacy told DP was the reason was for that meeting?

close_enough
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM

ok, thank you TG..

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 08:53 PM
After listening to the above video Pastor Schori said Stacy had told DP that she was meeting with him that day. I wonder what reason Stacy told DP was the reason was for that meeting?

They had been getting marital counseling through the church. She may have told him she wanted to talk to him or he may even have asked to talk to them individually for at least one session.

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
They had been getting marital counseling through the church. She may have told him she wanted to talk to him or he may even have asked to talk to them individually for at least one session.
I'm aware they both had sought counseling in the past, however Stacy requested the meeting, and, as per the Pastor in the video DP knew of the meeting.

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't know what show.

It doesn't make sense. IF Stacy had been having an 'affair' with the pastor, why would they have met in a public place??? They were both married, and if word got back to the clergy, it would most definately have jepordized his position at the church.

This is more like DrewP confronting Rossoto at Denny's. Stacy had conversation with him and to DrewP that means they must be having an affair. The nurse, the pastor it doesn't matter. To DrewP, it was an affair.

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't know what show.
That poster posted the exact same thing at another Forum and it supposedly was said during John Gibson's time on the air this afternoon.

DeltaDawn
12-12-2007, 09:14 PM
So if Stacy did say that she was meeting with the church counselor on that date and time..she was being above board with Drew. A woman having an affair would not have been. She was trying, it would seem to make sure that Drew knew of her every move through her, knowing that he was stalking her. She was reaching out out to the pastor as a lifeline, and letting Drew know where she was so he would not think something else was going on..she was trying to protect herself, while at the same time letting someone else know the grave danger she felt.
A woman having an affair does not tell her husband when and where she is meeting her lover. Drew's imagination got the better of him in this case, I believe.

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Good point DD. She was trying to stand up for herself, but in both cases the pastor and Rossotto she told DrewP where she was going to be. She wasn't hiding who or where she was meeting.

DeltaDawn
12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Steve C is Drew's sounding board and bought and paid for by Drew..I believe. I wonder what money or miracle Drew bestowed on Steve in the past to make him the one and only friend to stick by Drew at this Point?

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Steve C is Drew's sounding board and bought and paid for by Drew..I believe. I wonder what money or miracle Drew bestowed on Steve in the past to make him the one and only friend to stick by Drew at this Point?
Gambling debts from what I recall wasn't it?

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
So if Stacy did say that she was meeting with the church counselor on that date and time..she was being above board with Drew.
And never in his wildest dreams did he think on that day she would reveal what she did to the Pastor.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
hey TG...or anyone for that matter....can someone start a new thread specifically (sp) for Greta's show tonight???...it would be easier to discuss the show on one thread...imo, if that's ok?...or i can just start one...what do ya think?

i.b.nora
12-12-2007, 09:43 PM
That poster posted the exact same thing at another Forum and it supposedly was said during John Gibson's time on the air this afternoon.
Thanks.
Tonight, on Nancy Grace, Brodsky said that he himself did NOT accuse the pastor on Dan Abrams, that he was just speculating.
What Brodsky did actually say on Dan Abrams was that it was just a rumor, but that he had gotten a couple of phone calls about it. And, that it needed to be investigated.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 09:47 PM
this sounds like it's going to be interesting....

Taximom
12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
...waiting on pins and needles here! I feel like I have chicken pox or something. :D Do you think she'll make us wait till half-way through the show?

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
hey TG...or anyone for that matter....can someone start a new thread specifically (sp) for Greta's show tonight???...[quote]it would be easier to discuss the show on one thread...imo
I know it would be but we already have a transcript thread and I hate to start one just for tonights show, but if you want to go ahead.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
i'm hoping they'll do like they did with the Krispy Kreme 'story', where MF was on first with the info...

pins & needles here too...

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:53 PM
this sounds like it's going to be interesting....
Good girl c_e. If I read elsewhere anything I will post it here with the link.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Good girl c_e. If I read elsewhere anything I will post it here with the link.

cool:)
....about 7 minutes till the show

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
i'm hoping they'll do like they did with the Krispy Kreme 'story', where MF was on first with the info...

pins & needles here too...

I kind of thought maybe he would have spoken with Mary, Steve Caserano's neighbor. From what I found she still lives there in the same subdivision.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
[quote=close_enough;1848074]hey TG...or anyone for that matter....can someone start a new thread specifically (sp) for Greta's show tonight???...
I know it would be but we already have a transcript thread and I hate to start one just for tonights show, but if you want to go ahead.

yikes...i just saw this, TG...is it too late to delete my thread?

Tom'sGirl
12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
[quote=Tom'sGirl;1848123]

yikes...i just saw this, TG...is it too late to delete my thread?

LOL, you can always contact either chicoliving (http://websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=203), or WindChime (http://websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=526) if you want to delete it.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
[quote=close_enough;1848134]

LOL, you can always contact either chicoliving (http://websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=203), or WindChime (http://websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=526) if you want to delete it.

i notified chico:)

NascarMom
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Amazing discovery by Mark. If this plays out the way we hope, Stacy could end up implicating DP for Kathleens death! Wouldn't that be a slap in the face for Drew!

Taximom
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
They may be able to track the phone calls, but can they still track the movement via "pings" for those days? Would that help anyway? I can't remember where everyone was living back then. If they lived near each other, the pings might not indicate much for/against the case against him. The calls might! Yay!

I wonder if he was as tricky with his cell phone(s) back then as he is now.

Either way that is a great find by Mark, although I don't know how we would have seen that.

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Did she read JAB's email?

CW
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I so agree Mark Furman has been doing a awesome job in investigating into Stacy's missing case.I'm sure deep down JB and Drew hate the fact that Mark F is staying in the area and digging up everything that he can on Kathleens death and Stacy. I do believe Mark is so much more intelligent then Drew could ever dream of being.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
lol, i got sidetracked on gretawire....Mark Fuhrman rocks!!

Taximom
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Oh, yes, it read:

JAB through his wife: Tell Jerry Springer and her panel of 8th graders that her circus will have to go on without me.

Neil Schori's statement about JAB's statement:
The libelous accusations made by Mr Brodsky are completely unfounded. It would be wise for Mr. Brodsky to immediately retract his statement and cease further slanderous comments.

Bernie Grimm was the only one on Greta's panel that apologized for making personal potshots at JAB on last night's show.

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM

LOL, yes.....Brodsky called Greta's show "the Jerry Springer show"...:p
real childish stuff...like her panel is a bunch of 8th graders..lol, something along that line...very short & to the point..

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh, yes, it read:

JAB through his wife: Tell Jerry Springer and her panel of 8th graders that her circus will have to go on without me.
The libelous accusations made by Mr Brodsky are completely unfounded. It would be wise for Mr. Brodsky to immediately retract his statement and cease further slanderous comments.

Bernie Grimm was the only one on Greta's panel that apologized for making personal potshots at JAB on last night's show.

yeah, that was it!

& weird about Bernie...although he's the 'voice of reason' a lot of the time...well, imo.....

eta...i missed Greta last night...didn't catch it..wished i had

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
They may be able to track the phone calls, but can they still track the movement via "pings" for those days? Would that help anyway? I can't remember where everyone was living back then. If they lived near each other, the pings might not indicate much for/against the case against him. The calls might! Yay!

I wonder if he was as tricky with his cell phone(s) back then as he is now.

Either way that is a great find by Mark, although I don't know how we would have seen that.

i know, i was thinking the same thing...heck, we didn't know anything about Stacy telling the preacher all this stuff, until now:confused:

eta....i'd say he was as tricky then as he is now...jmo

mysteriew
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
LOL, very "professional" of him. He sounds like a schoolkid: I'm mad at you and I'm not gonna play with you no more :razz:

He needs to grow up and figure out that the professional way to act is to keep his mouth shut unless he can back up his statements with evidence.

IMO- incompetent. (LOL, I'm not a "professional" so I can say it)

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
:laugh:

LOL, very "professional" of him. He sounds like a schoolkid: I'm mad at you and I'm not gonna play with you no more :razz:

He needs to grow up and figure out that the professional way to act is to keep his mouth shut unless he can back up his statements with evidence.

IMO- incompetent. (LOL, I'm not a "professional" so I can say it)

LOL, yes he does!.....wild

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
so, as far as the timing goes, Stacy DID know about Kathleen's murder from the beginning..well, the day after Kathleen was killed....gosh i need to read all those transcripts of Greta's interview w/the preacher....

close_enough
12-12-2007, 11:27 PM
i read last night's transcript with the preacher..thanks SieSie...

this whole case is absolutely crazy....just unbelievable, some of the stuff....i wish they could find Stacy's body:(

cricket
12-12-2007, 11:41 PM
so, as far as the timing goes, Stacy DID know about Kathleen's murder from the beginning..well, the day after Kathleen was killed....gosh i need to read all those transcripts of Greta's interview w/the preacher....

I was unclear on that so I just finished listening to Greta's interview with the pastor - all three parts of it. Yes - she did know from the beginning - at least the next day. What we don't know is if the police interviewed her alone, or was Drew in the room when they spoke to her? I can see someone that young being very scared and intimidated. It just sounds so much like LE did not really investigate Kathleen's death - that they either purposely let him get away with it - or they simply gave him the benefit of the doubt.

IMO it seems like there had to be knowledge and collusion on the part of at least some of LE at the time. The fact that they never followed up and got the phone records and the fact that one of the people on the grand jury was LE and a friend of DP is just too coincidental.

After watching all three parts of the pastor's interview - I do believe he is telling the truth. He may be young and somewhat inexperienced, but he comes across as sincere. His facial expressions are strange at times - he smiles awkwardly at times, and his jaw seems a little stiff, almost like he has had jaw surgery. But, his emotions and his concern for Stacy seem appropriate. He talks about how much she loved her children and that he didn't think she would have ever left them. He talks about how there are 4 children who are without their mother and he pleads for anyone who may have information to come forward. His words seem sincere; his concern seems sincere. When I listen to him - it reminds me that DP has not said anything like that. Drew has not said anything that shows me he has any concern for Stacy or for the fact that four of his children are missing their mom. I haven't heard Drew say one thing about how wonderful a mother Stacy was - and yet, everyone who knows her who has spoken about her - it's the first thing they say about her.

The only thing that seemed strange to me about the pastor was that he has been at (I think he said) 3 churches in the last 3 years. Greta did not ask him why. At least one of the moves seems like it was for a better position - he's doing sermons at his current church and he said at his previous church he wasn't senior enough to be doing many sermons.

SuziQ
12-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh, yes, it read:

And this is coming from two people who live a Jerry Springer life. Their divorce and seperation was so bad that court records state that it caused the hospitalization of their child!!! I'm still trying to find that document, it's in one of the threads. If someone finds it, let me know.

Taximom
12-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes, SuziQ! They would certainly understand the Jerry Springer mindset as well as that of an 8th grader. :D

I saw that in the document too. I wondered if it was something physical to the child, or just stress? Weird.

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Yes, SuziQ! They would certainly understand the Jerry Springer mindset as well as that of an 8th grader. :D

I saw that in the document too. I wondered if it was something physical to the child, or just stress? Weird.

And let's not forget the "misunderstanding" that involved a swat team responding to a suicidal Brodsky armed with a shotgun. And stealing, er helping a client. Seriously, has this crap happened to any of you? I haven't lived a squeaky clean life and at times my life has been quite wild. And I can honestly say I have NEVER had the SWAT team at my house, lost my job for fraud and stealing, or had my child hospitalized because of my behavior. They are no better than the drunk couples fighting on COPS.

Taximom
12-13-2007, 12:02 AM
This would have made a GREAT episode of "Cheaters".

Taximom
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Here ya go, Suzi:
From Mysteriew:

http://www.ilnb.uscourts.gov/JudgeSq...s/99a00069.pdf (http://www.ilnb.uscourts.gov/JudgeSquires/Opinions/99a00069.pdf)

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Here ya go, Suzi:
From Mysteriew:

http://www.ilnb.uscourts.gov/JudgeSq...s/99a00069.pdf

Thank you! I had to read it again. Yep, Brodsky and his wife are real classy people. I certainly hope that DFS checked out him and his wife. Neither one should be parents, IMO.

philamena
12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
And let's not forget the "misunderstanding" that involved a swat team responding to a suicidal Brodsky armed with a shotgun. And stealing, er helping a client. Seriously, has this crap happened to any of you? I haven't lived a squeaky clean life and at times my life has been quite wild. And I can honestly say I have NEVER had the SWAT team at my house, lost my job for fraud and stealing, or had my child hospitalized because of my behavior. They are no better than the drunk couples fighting on COPS.

You said it SuziQ. :doh:
Hopefully these 2 will be investigated by CPS.

Camper
12-13-2007, 06:47 AM

--->>>Warning humor coming ->Wonder IF he still has the shotgun? Or did his first wife get it in the divorce settlement?

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 10:11 AM
--->>>Warning humor coming ->Wonder IF he still has the shotgun? Or did his first wife get it in the divorce settlement?

Lol, or how long did LE hang on to it? Brodsky is a poster boy as to why some people shouldn't own guns.

fran
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL, yes.....Brodsky called Greta's show "the Jerry Springer show"...:p
real childish stuff...like her panel is a bunch of 8th graders..lol, something along that line...very short & to the point..

IMO, the reason he chickened out of going on Greta was he wouldn't be able to get away with back peddling on his comment about the alleged phone calls that the minister and Stacy were having an affair.

Last night on NG, he danced around it saying something to the effect that her relationship with the minister is one of the things they need to pay a PI to investigate. Of course, I guess he forgot to talk to his client beforehand, because at the same time Brodsky is on NG saying this, his client DP is talking to Abrams on the phone, doing the same thing Brodsky did the night before, allude to the fact that Stacy was having an affair with the minister.:doh:

JMHO
fran

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0712/12/ng.01.html

LALAMA: OK. All right. So at this point we just don`t know. I`m sure that authorities have checked out every possibility. Now we have to go to an issue, Mr. Brodsky, you created quite the firestorm yesterday when you implied, some say, that the minister who came forward to say that Drew killed Kathleen was having an affair.

Now let me just tell you, because I want to be a fair journalist, I have the transcripts from your appearance on some other network. And it says you said, OK -- well, the questioner says, "you`re now accusing the pastor of having a relationship with Stacy." You say, "I have heard today, I have gotten several calls." The questioner goes, "oh, come on," but you actually say, "I don`t think there`s any validity to it."

And I think a lot of people have, in fairness to you, have avoided the fact, I`m not going to accuse them of doing it deliberately, but I just didn`t hear a lot of you saying, there`s no validity. Where do you stand on this issue? Do you think she had an affair with the minister or not?

BRODSKY: All I really said was in response to a question about what leads, if we hired an investigator, would they follow? And my response was, obviously, the Rosato (ph) brothers and the one that was exchanging those racy text messages. And I also said that given the minister`s story had some holes in the way it was presented, that he was reluctant to talk, that it was Mark Fuhrman that got him to talk, I thought that he -- you know, he should be checked out. That`s all I was saying, and that`s what a thorough -- that`s what a defense lawyer does, you know, we check out all leads, we check out all possibilities, we leave no stone unturned.

kpass
12-13-2007, 10:54 AM
:laugh: "Every time she went to see him, she was all dolled up, all sexied up," Drew Peterson said of Stacy Peterson's visits to pastor Neil Schori. "All I know for sure is, Stacy had a big crush on him."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/695043,CST-NWS-boling13.article

Can you believe this guy?!? :loser: :banghead: :sick: :furious: :behindbar :liar: :slap:

fran
12-13-2007, 10:58 AM
:laugh: "Every time she went to see him, she was all dolled up, all sexied up," Drew Peterson said of Stacy Peterson's visits to pastor Neil Schori. "All I know for sure is, Stacy had a big crush on him."

Can you believe this guy?!? :loser: :banghead: :sick: :furious: :behindbar :liar: :slap:

IMO, I wonder if this is some type of idea he has to poison the jury pool. I mean, with the cra* that's been coming out of his mouth, he's already probably alienated every woman in the U.S. with 1/2 a brain.:rolleyes:

What a dufus!:bang:

fran

indallas2
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM

What a loser!!! DP sure has a story/explanation for everything that comes up. :doh: :behindbar

robthomaseyes
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Notice how every woman Drew has ever been around is a whore. All of his wives and exes have been strippers, had affairs, got dolled up for pastors, left him for other men, had unspeakable pasts, incest, what have you. I think Drew is a sex addicted pervert who has no respect for women and considers them all disposable "whores". I truly worry about his having access to his daughter, in light of the fact that right now he has no sexual outlet via a girlfriend, with all the spotlight.

lorann
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
He is a pig! This minister is a cutie, she may have had what Drew (the old paunchy crud) thought was a crush. What she probably felt was admiration for a young man of the cloth, a family man, one who knew how to treat his wife. He can't fathom her inability to keep the secret about him being a murderer any longer - because he hasn't the ability to feel anything but hate for those who don't worship him.

curiositycat
12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Notice how every woman Drew has ever been around is a whore. All of his wives and exes have been strippers, had affairs, got dolled up for pastors, left him for other men, had unspeakable pasts, incest, what have you. I think Drew is a sex addicted pervert who has no respect for women and considers them all disposable "whores". I truly worry about his having access to his daughter, in light of the fact that right now he has no sexual outlet via a girlfriend, with all the spotlight.

I am worried for his daughter too. I am more concerned about her growing up with low self esteem surrounded by men like all her brothers who have seen and heard slander against mother figures. Men who abuse women raise sons who abuse women.

Two words you missed in your description of Drew...Narcissitic, Sociopath.

robthomaseyes
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Very good point, curiositycat. Drew is obviously a misogynist; God only knows how he's raising his sons. It's a boys' club at that house - 3 boys, one girl, and Drew has two other sons. I guarantee that girl is going to be treated differently. And I don't mean differently in a GOOD way.

I just hope it isn't too late for the sons; some boys can rise above it and realize their father is wrong for treating women like that.

cricket
12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
It just amazes me how DP and his attorney keep sliming everyone. I don't know about this pastor, but I think that most churches have rules that the ministors/pastors follow when it comes to counseling meetings with the opposite sex. Meaning that they would meet in a public place or where there are other people around.

I had never thought of it before until I had an emergency and called one of my ministers at his home at 11 PM: 1) he didn't rush over to my house (I'm divorced w/kids) without asking a lot of questions first, and 2) when he did show up - one of the other ministers was about 2 minutes behind him. It had never occurred to me - but they have to be careful - if they were dealing with someone who is unbalanced - the person could make untruthful accusations which could jeopardize their careers and the church.

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
It just amazes me how DP and his attorney keep sliming everyone. I don't know about this pastor, but I think that most churches have rules that the ministors/pastors follow when it comes to counseling meetings with the opposite sex. Meaning that they would meet in a public place or where there are other people around.

I had never thought of it before until I had an emergency and called one of my ministers at his home at 11 PM: 1) he didn't rush over to my house (I'm divorced w/kids) without asking a lot of questions first, and 2) when he did show up - one of the other ministers was about 2 minutes behind him. It had never occurred to me - but they have to be careful - if they were dealing with someone who is unbalanced - the person could make untruthful accusations which could jeopardize their careers and the church.

Men who are counselors, missionaries, etc., in the LDS church are not allowed to call on women (non-family)who are alone in their home or anywhere else. I found that out when missionaries came to visit my daughter and she was upset about something that happened to her that day. It was just her and I at home and they wouldn't step one foot in my front door. So they gave her a blessing in the doorway.

mysteriew
12-13-2007, 02:01 PM

LOL, how many women don't dress up a little more when they know they will be meeting their pastor?

You associate the pastor with church. You dress up more for church. So unless you are really good friends with the pastor, you dress for the pastor somewhat like you would for church.

mysteriew
12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Peterson said he had no knowledge of his wife carrying on romantically with Schori, a subject broached by his attorney, Joel Brodsky, during a Tuesday night interview on MSNBC.
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/694802,4_1_JO13_PETERSON_S1.article

panthera
12-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Can you believe this guy?!? :loser: :banghead: :sick: :furious: :behindbar :slap:
He has an answer for everything, doesn't he? :liar:

i.b.nora
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
On Nancy Grace show tonight, Steve Carcerano claimed that Stacy had gone to visit the pastor
on her motorcycle wearing a bikini top.
He said she used to ride around the neighborhood like that and that she had stopped by his house once
while on her bike with her bikini top and talked with him for awhile.

Schmerty_Jones
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
On Nancy Grace show tonight, Steve Carcerano claimed that Stacy had gone to visit the pastor
He said she used to ride around the neighborhood like that and that she had stopped by his house once

I hope she was wearing a bikini which consist of a top & a bottom. They keep saying a bikini TOP!!!!!:eek: These men DrewP Carcerano & Brodsky ,their remarks make me :sick: :sick: Bunch of:loser: :loser: :loser:

panthera
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I wonder if that's the same one DP says she took with her to Jamaica??? :rolleyes: Now, if any of this story is true, then it would explain DP's comment.

tagalong
12-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Sounds like a good way to get a suntan to me. Oh, to be young again!

Tom'sGirl
12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
I wonder if that's the same one DP says she took with her to Jamaica??? :rolleyes: Now, if any of this story is true, then it would explain DP's comment.
If the story is true Sharon would know as she would more than likely been the one watching the two youngest children if DP wasn't home when these rides occurred.

chicoliving
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM

I see nothing odd about this and I bet good ole Steve C didn't think so at the time either.

mysteriew
12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I spent most of last summer in the yard in a bathing suit and I don't have a pool. And I am a lot older than Stacy and I am not looking for a man! So what is Steve's point?

philamena
12-14-2007, 12:25 AM

They are pigs who want to smear the victim's reputation.

DeltaDawn
12-14-2007, 07:00 AM
They are pigs who want to smear the victim's reputation.

Not only do they want to smear the reputation of the victim, but the reputation of everyone who comes forward to give any info at all.
A scare tactic to try to keep good people from coming forward with info.

dee10134
12-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Neil Schori's Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=62398166

He is married, with children, and has a Master's Degree in Counselling. Maybe THAT'S why he was counselling Stacy, Drew! IT pi$$es me off that Drew would even IMPLY that Stacy was having an affair with a MARRIED man of God.

strach304
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I think it's a very good thing that Drew pulled this with the pastor. With Scott Rossetto there are the text messages and the age difference with Stacy and Drew, a lot of little indications that would make it more believable to a jury and authorities that perhaps she was involved with someone else.

He's providing the motive himself and at the same time showing the world what a stark raving lunatic he really is.

mysteriew
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
The Rev. Neil Schori said in a recent interview that Stacy Peterson had told him Drew Peterson had admitted killing Savio. That statement prompted Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, to say in a TV interview that "I've heard rumors there was some connection there" between the pastor and Stacy Peterson.

"The libelous accusations made by Mr. Brodsky are completely unfounded," Schori said in a statement Thursday in which he also called for Brodsky to "cease further slanderous comments."

Schori, though, declined to comment further.

Brodsky on Thursday shrugged off the threat of a lawsuit from Schori, saying he never contended Schori was involved with Stacy Peterson.

"I didn't say if there was any validity to it," Brodsky said. "A good lawyer has to check out everything and keep an open mind."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/696913,CST-NWS-boling14.article

IMO, a good lawyer (is that an oxymoron?) checks things out, but he doesn't make it public unless he finds something. Something that Brodsky obviously forgot. Brodsky is to defense attorneys the same as DrewP is to police. He makes them all look bad, and in my opinion I didn't think defense attorneys could look much worse.

dee10134
12-14-2007, 10:30 AM

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. Drew is a BIG :loser:!

dee10134
12-14-2007, 10:33 AM
LOL, how many women don't dress up a little more when they know they will be meeting their pastor?

You associate the pastor with church. You dress up more for church. So unless you are really good friends with the pastor, you dress for the pastor somewhat like you would for church.

I mean no offense to your comment, but God said "come as you are" or something along those lines. I get no more dressed up for church than I do for work, because in my opinion, it's not the clothing or makeup you don, but the love, faith, and acceptance in your heart that you bring with you to church.

dee10134
12-14-2007, 10:36 AM

Not too safe, but a great way to get a tan. I'm a lady rider and member of A.B.A.T.E. (which is an organization formed to educate and inform riders and non-riders to prevent accidental motorcyclist deaths). Anyways, that's besides the point. It's not too safe to ride around wearing a bikini top, but I've seen it done before, by lady riders and passengers alike.

So Carcerano's point was what? To smear Stacy's name and make her appear to be an adulterous slut? I think Steve-O's hiding something for Drew. Why else would he hop on DP's "Let's Degrade Stacy" Campaign???

dee10134
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
The Rev. Neil Schori said in a recent interview that Stacy Peterson had told him Drew Peterson had admitted killing Savio. That statement prompted Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, to say in a TV interview that "I've heard rumors there was some connection there" between the pastor and Stacy Peterson.

"The libelous accusations made by Mr. Brodsky are completely unfounded," Schori said in a statement Thursday in which he also called for Brodsky to "cease further slanderous comments."

Schori, though, declined to comment further.

Brodsky on Thursday shrugged off the threat of a lawsuit from Schori, saying he never contended Schori was involved with Stacy Peterson.

"I didn't say if there was any validity to it," Brodsky said. "A good lawyer has to check out everything and keep an open mind."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/696913,CST-NWS-boling14.article

IMO, a good lawyer (is that an oxymoron?) checks things out, but he doesn't make it public unless he finds something. Something that Brodsky obviously forgot. Brodsky is to defense attorneys the same as DrewP is to police. He makes them all look bad, and in my opinion I didn't think defense attorneys could look much worse.

Brodsky appears to be a man that's been backed into a corner. That's the only reason I can fathom for him to be spewing random accusations like this. They have no other defense than to smear innocent peoples' names. :slap:

SieSie
12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Neil Schori's Myspace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=62398166

He is married, with children, and has a Master's Degree in Counselling. Maybe THAT'S why he was counselling Stacy, Drew! IT pi$$es me off that Drew would even IMPLY that Stacy was having an affair with a MARRIED man of God.
Thanks for the link to the Pastor's MySpace page - interesting pictures there. The text was too hard for me to read because of the background, so I only looked at the pictures.

robthomaseyes
12-14-2007, 10:56 AM
You know, I had a feeling that Brodsky either realized he'd stepped over the line or he was threatened with slander by the pastor. Because suddenly both DP and Brodsky were backing off and rewording their accusations of an affair. What idiots. I'm glad to see Schori standing up to them.

DeltaDawn
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I think the other attorney JPC reigned him in and told him to stop with the slanderoous accusations...not all accusations, mind you, just the slanderous ones.

Taximom
12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the link to the Pastor's MySpace page - interesting pictures there. The text was too hard for me to read because of the background, so I only looked at the pictures.

What? No half-nekkid pictures of Stacy in a bikini on his page? Drew must be disappointed.

I like the song that plays.

SieSie, you might try right-clicking on the page and choosing "select all". That will make the type white against a blue background. See if that helps you read it.

robthomaseyes
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
I think the other attorney JPC reigned him in and told him to stop with the slanderoous accusations...not all accusations, mind you, just the slanderous ones.

Actually, I'm sure that's true, too. but according to this link, Neil Schori told him to stop with the slanderous accusations. Something tells me Drew peterson isn't used to having people stand up to him like this.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Drew-Peterson-s-Son-Called-To-Testify-Again/1337850

fran
12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Actually, I'm sure that's true, too. but according to this link, Neil Schori told him to stop with the slanderous accusations. Something tells me Drew peterson isn't used to having people stand up to him like this.

http://www.wbbm780.com/Drew-Peterson-s-Son-Called-To-Testify-Again/1337850

Yeah, they changed their toon real fast once the minister came out swinging.:loser:

Now they just slander Stacy and say she had a crush on him and used to wear a bikini top when she went to see him or dressed all sexy.:banghead:

What a bunch of cra*!:mad:

JMHO
fran

robthomaseyes
12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Funny how every woman in Drew's life is a slut. Meanwhile, HE's the one sleeping around.

BarnGoddess
12-14-2007, 11:43 PM
This is why I asked the mods to make a sticky of a "who's who" thread. They have "stuck" the previous Key players thread. Thanks. I had no idea who Steve was and searched everywhere for a reference.

He's becoming as big a creep as DP if he's passing out lines like that in the press. I see now he's the "friend" called to discover Kathleen's body. You'd think he'd shut up before he got into more trouble with his mouth. Did he in fact know Stacy was having an "affair" with her pastor, or was he spouting off what Drew "confided"?

SieSie
12-15-2007, 12:10 AM
SieSie, you might try right-clicking on the page and choosing "select all". That will make the type white against a blue background. See if that helps you read it.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that out!! :D

i.b.nora
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Did he in fact know Stacy was having an "affair" with her pastor, or was he spouting off what Drew "confided"?
I believe he was just retelling what Drew had told him. However, he did add the bit about his personal experience seeing Stacy on her motorcycle in her bikini top.

My biggest problem with Steve Carcerano is that he really doesn't seem very bright to me. He also is not a very observant person (which makes me think that he missed alot the night he 'found' Kathleen Savio). And, he does not seem to be a very good judge of character.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:28 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_15dec15,0,6217944.story?coll=chi_tab01_la yout

(snip)
A minister who counseled Stacy Peterson months before her Oct. 28 disappearance dismissed allegations by her husband and his attorney that there was a "connection" between them.

In a brief interview Friday, Rev. Neil Schori said the comments made by ex-Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson and his attorney, Joel Brodsky, this week were "absolutely slanderous" and that the situation is "altogether sad."

SeriouslySearching
12-15-2007, 11:38 AM
After watching the interview with Greta, I find the pastor very credible. I don't believe for a minute an affair took place...this was only in Drew's mind. He believes that Stacy had affairs with every man that crossed her path so I am surprised he hasn't accused Steve C. also!!

Again, with the bikini top!! The fact this item has continually popped up out of Drew's mouth tells me it is probably what I have thought all along...and he strangled her with it. He just can't help himself and keeps bringing it up...because of his narcissism. It is to him like turning the knife every time he mentions it since he thinks no one is "onto" him yet. (Oh, Brother! He is just so stupid!)

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Regarding the visit to the pastor and the bikini top:

What date did this episode take place? Steve Caserano was the one who said he saw her didn't he? What was the weather like that day/night? If it was near the date of her disappearance, then it may have been way too cool in the evenings to be tooling about in a bikini top. Anyone remember?

DeltaDawn
12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
It was in August and I think Steve said that Drew told him THAT SHE WAS WEARING THE BIKINI TOP AND RIDING THE HARLEY TO MEET THE PASTOR. Steve then went on to tell his own story of her riding around the neighborhood on her Harley wearing the bikini top.

But the Meet the Pastor story in the bikini top doesn't make sense for two the reasons:

1. She's all dressed up with extra makeup, hair fixed, sexy outfit, then she hops on her Harley to ride to the meeting..wouldn't that tend to mess up her make up job and hair?

2. How did Drew know what she was wearing if he was at work?

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
I think we getting Steve C's and Drews stories confused. Steve C. was relating what Stacy was wearing when she visited him at home. And Drew is talking about what Stacy's appearance when she met with the pastor.

golfmom
12-15-2007, 12:47 PM
With all the bikini stories floating around, it seems like someone may be a bit obsessed with Stacy's bikinis.

i.b.nora
12-15-2007, 01:07 PM
From the Nancy Grace Show transcript for program aired December 13, 2007:

Nancy Grace December 13 (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0712/13/ng.01.html)

LALAMA: Steve Carcerano, I mean, I`ve got to ask you, it seems a little harsh, I mean, you know, to accuse her of like getting hot for the minister. It just -- he has a right to say it and I`m not saying it didn`t true, who knows, but it seems that this is just not the appropriate time to be saying something like that.

CARCERANO: No, it`s something -- if I could say something, he told me about this about two weeks ago, that he thought that she had the hots for the minister. But to take it a step further. This is a 53-year-old man, Stacy is 23. To him he might feel that she`s getting all dolled up and sexed up. But as 23-year-olds today, you look at how they dress. They might just think that they look nice.

So there`s a big difference in age here, which you know, people are taking that to the extreme. But again, that might be how he portrayed her going to see him. I do know on one occasion he did tell me that she drove a motorcycle with her bikini top to see him. Now that`s not appropriate.

LALAMA: To see the minister? Hold on. You`re saying that Drew says she put on a bikini top to get on a motorcycle and go see the minister?

CARCERANO: She went to see the minister and she had her bikini top on. She always drove through the neighborhood with it. But whether she went to see him, if they had a scheduled meeting or not. But he did tell me there was one occasion that she went to see him on the motorcycle.

and

LALAMA: Very, very interesting. All right. We have a new guest now, Anthony Laatz, Stacy Peterson`s family friend.

And you also run the Web site. And thank you so much for being with us. What do you make of Stacy on a motorcycle in a bikini top? Let`s start with that one.

ANTHONY LAATZ, STACY PETERSON FAMILY FRIEND: I don`t believe that has happened. I`m sure it`s just another ploy to discredit Stacy and her personality.

LALAMA: Was she in the habit of running around on a motorcycle with a bikini top?

LAATZ: Not that I know of.

LALAMA: And what about the gun, Anthony, and this firing of the gun in the house?

LAATZ: I don`t believe that she would have fired the gun. She wasn`t all that interested in playing with guns.

LALAMA: You know what, Anthony? Let me interrupt right there, did she ever say to you, I have a fascination with guns?

LAATZ: No.

LALAMA: All right. So, is this all a big surprise to you to hear this?

LAATZ: Yes, it is.

LALAMA: And, Steve Carcerano, I mean, Anthony is saying this is just not true.

CARCERANO: Well, here`s the thing, here`s the thing. She has driven her motorcycle more than one occasion in our subdivision with a bikini top on. So that`s one. Two.

LALAMA: Have you seen.

CARCERANO: . she had a firearms card (ph).

LALAMA: Steve, have you seen her -- did you see her in her bikini?

CARCERANO: Absolutely. I had seen her at the end of September pull- up in front of my house. I had a 25-minute conversation with her with her bikini top on. Not only that though, she did have an arms card that was licensed with the state in terms of the gun.

So you know, maybe her sister Cassandra might have known about that. Maybe this Anthony doesn`t know that.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Ah, so Steve DID say that Drew told him that Stacy went to meet the Pastor wearing a Bikini top. My apologies.

golfmom
12-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Ahhhh .... she must be guilty of being a terrible mother and having affairs since she rode a Harley while wearing a bikini top. :rolleyes:

golfmom
12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
So there`s a big difference in age here, which you know, people are taking that to the extreme. But again, that might be how he portrayed her going to see him. I do know on one occasion he did tell me that she drove a motorcycle with her bikini top to see him. Now that`s not appropriate.

LALAMA: To see the minister? Hold on. You`re saying that Drew says she put on a bikini top to get on a motorcycle and go see the minister?

CARCERANO: She went to see the minister and she had her bikini top on. She always drove through the neighborhood with it. But whether she went to see him, if they had a scheduled meeting or not. But he did tell me there was one occasion that she went to see him on the motorcycle.
[/I]
and
[/I]

LOL, so now he's quoting an "ACCORDING TO DREW" statement as FACT.

TGIRecovered
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I think the fact that people seem to have seen Stacy ride around this way goes to discredit the theory that she got all gussied up because she wanted to impress the pastor.

She was young. We do things when we are 23 that we would not ever do now that we've matured. I find that most times when a young woman does things like dress skimpily to go to the grocery store or do yard work etcetra, it is at the encouragement of her husband or boyfriend.

Obviously, with Drewpy's controlling and jealous nature, he must not have had a problem with it or he would have criticized and belittled Stacy in to dressing more conservatively.

My personal opinion is that Drew probably encouraged her to show off her body as a way of HIM showing off..."look what I've got, I must be HOT!"

Susan

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
And where are the pictures of Stacy dressing suggestively? IMO, the pictures I've seen show Stacy dressing very conservately. A couple of them are kinda matronly.

close_enough
12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
i guess i'm not understanding this bikini/motorcycle riding 'thing':confused:
...what would it matter that she rode around the neighborhood like that, other than it's a pretty stupid thing to do, seeing you could lay the bike down & reaaaally get scraped up....

it's got to be something to try to discredit Stacy in some kind of way...the bikini top/her breast implants...???

i.b.nora
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
LOL, so now he's quoting an "ACCORDING TO DREW" statement as FACT.
Thats what Steve Carcerano does. That is his job. Virtually everything he says is "according to Drew". And, of course, Steve often emphasizes that he looked right into his eyes when he said it. Steve is a parrot for Drew.
The only thing that Steve has actual knowledge of is when he personally 'discovered' the body of Kathleen Savio.

golfmom
12-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Thats what Steve Carcerano does. That is his job. Virtually everything he says is "according to Drew". And, of course, Steve often emphasizes that he looked right into his eyes when he said it. Steve is a parrot for Drew.
The only thing that Steve has actual knowledge of is when he personally 'discovered' the body of Kathleen Savio.

I wonder if he used his own locksmith kit or borrowed Drew's? :bang:

Steve's gonna eventually wake up and regret every single thing he's said.

chicoliving
12-15-2007, 02:11 PM
~snip~

By the way - if any of you know what locksmith Sgt Peterson called the day Kathleen Savio’s body was found, please put that information in the confidential tip box on the right side of this blog page.
I am also interested in any information about a blue container - Ric Mims claims he and Sgt Peterson did some work for a local cable company and that both bought blue containers from the company. Does anyone know anything about this?? Can anyone verify or corroborate that the local company sold these??

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Looks like Greta has the same questions about the locksmith.

DeltaDawn
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM
The whole bkini thing is to try to discredit Stacy and the pastor by saying if a person goes to meet their pastor for an innocent counseling session would they be dressed like that or would they be dressed like that if they were going to meet someone they were having an affair with...Sorry Drew nobodys buying what you're selling on that issue..it just doesn't add up. Most people just don't think that way.

I still say a 23 year old who spent time getting ready to meet someone fixing herself up, make-up, hair etc is not going to throw on a helmet and jump on a bike..that would mess up all the work they just did on themselves.

Dobler
12-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I agree with you 100% Delta Dawn!

Would you really want to meet with your pastor, to talk about serious things- looking like a slob? Come on, I'm really getting fed up with all of the Drewbage.

DeltaDawn
12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Considering what she had on her mind to talk to the pastor about I really doubt she rode the Harley to that meeting..too easy for Drew or a friend to run over her on that. This was a very serious meeting..she was going to confess that her husband had murdered Kathleen and that she knew about the murder. She wasn't prancing around in a bikini and riding her Harley..she was probably very scared.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
The only person I can think of that would put on a bikini top and jump on a harley, would be Cher!! :) (giving my age away).

Stacy was young, granted, but even then she was a caretake for 4 children and with a controlling husband, I find it very very doubtful that she had much chance to get away on a bike. Who would have been watching the childen then?

Which brings up a question I have been wanting to ask, we know that DP worked nights when Stacy went missing. What shift did DP work when Kathy was found dead? If anyone knows, just paste this and put it on the Kathy Savio thread.

mysteriew
12-15-2007, 05:29 PM
A minister who counseled Stacy Peterson months before her Oct. 28 disappearance dismissed allegations by her husband and his attorney that there was a "connection" between them.

In a brief interview Friday, Rev. Neil Schori said the comments made by ex-Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson and his attorney, Joel Brodsky, this week were "absolutely slanderous" and that the situation is "altogether sad."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/saturday/chi-peterson_15dec15,0,3830155.story?coll=chi_tab04_la yout

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
myster:

There just doesn't seem any credibility that Stacy and this Pastor had any type of "relationship" other than Stacy going to a "man of cloth" to tell some "god ugly facts" that had happened in her life. Stacy was maturing and still maintaining a family of 4 children with a very controlling, abusive husband.

She was able to tell bits and pieces to Cassandra, her sister, but not everything. She did feel comfortable telling someone close to God, that she was involved in a murder, (albeit by lying), but she did not commit it, but her husband did.

I'm sure when she left, she had some sense of comfort. And was praying, for the strength and guidance to leave alive and somehow, when she was able to, go back and get the children.

Camper
12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I am wondering how many marriage counseling sessions done by the ministers for members of their congregation are ever taped of those sessions?

IF IF they did then I am thinking those tapes would be admissable in court, yes, no?

In fact WE donut know IF Schori might have taped the session with Stacy.

I am guessing that old taped sessions done by counselors might in fact be used in the 'training' of new counselors.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 06:52 PM
camper:

Good question. But IMO, they do not "tape" those conversations. Usually, most marriage counseling sessions are done individually and then done with both parties involved.

I would think, that the first party (female or male) would object to any tape. If a tape was there, I can guarantee that the 1st party would NOT feel comfortable in telling the truth in case the counselor would replay it to the 2nd party, and vice versa.

Going to a minister, Pope, Preacher, etc. brings to mind, CONFIDENTIALITY and spiritirual healing, hope, redemption, etc.

panthera
12-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Which brings up a question I have been wanting to ask, we know that DP worked nights when Stacy went missing. What shift did DP work when Kathy was found dead? If anyone knows, just paste this and put it on the Kathy Savio thread.
Wasn't he at work the night Kathleen was found?

Camper
12-15-2007, 07:02 PM
camper:

Good question. But IMO, they do not "tape" those conversations. Usually, most marriage counseling sessions are done individually and then done with both parties involved.

I would think, that the first party (female or male) would object to any tape. If a tape was there, I can guarantee that the 1st party would NOT feel comfortable in telling the truth in case the counselor would replay it to the 2nd party, and vice versa.

Going to a minister, Pope, Preacher, etc. brings to mind, CONFIDENTIALITY and spiritirual healing, hope, redemption, etc.

--->>>That would be true in most cases.

On this particular trip to the minister, Stacy had the specific mission of just unburdening her soul about a MURDER done by her husband.

I really think that this session just might be 'the' exception to the rule. She no doubt was also worried about her safety in the matter.

To think that someone with a masters degree in counseling would never have been warned about criminal confessions and what to do, would be a BIG omission in the training. imop

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
camper:

You were talking about a "tape" being used.

I really think that this session just might be 'the' exception to the rule.

How would Pastor SchorI know beforehand that Stacy would be confessing to anything important enough to have a tape recorder close by to use? Again, I don't think one was used. IMO

I am not puzzled by the fact that he had a Masters Degree, and didn't report to the LE right away about what Stacy told him.

A Master's Degree in Theology (assuming that is what he has), does not tell you what you HAVE to do or NOT have to do, in case a parishioner should confess to being involved in a murder or know that someone committed a murder.

Each religion has their own hierachy (sp?) on where to go in certain circumstances where a confession involves human imperil and/or situations that a crime has been or will be committed.

What Pastor Schori did afterwards with the information he had that day from Stacy, IMO, could be very important in a trial.

How would Pastor Schori know beforehand that is what Stacy would be telling him?? (Meaning, he already had a tape recorder?)

mysteriew
12-15-2007, 09:51 PM
IIRC Stacy and the pastor met in a coffee shop. Very unlikelyit was taped.

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
IIRC Stacy and the pastor met in a coffee shop. Very unlikelyit was taped.
I would think it would be illegal to tape to begin with unless the parties involved agreed and signed a waiver.

DeltaDawn
12-15-2007, 11:15 PM
I would think it would be illegal to tape to begin with unless the parties involved agreed and signed a waiver.
Absolutely TG..

Camper
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Welll, of course most likely IF IF they met in a coffee shop then the supposition would be nil that a tape was used.

A person can legally tape a private telephone conversation between just themselves and one other person. IF IF more than two people on the telephone, then you are requred by law to inform them that the call is being taped.

Somewhere is this maze of threads, the masters degree was in 'Counseling'.

IF IF IF he had only a degree in theology, which is religion, the Christian thing to do would have been to advise her to go to law enforcement. The WS posters have stated that IF IF that happened, she most likely would have told him of her suspicion of police corruption and fear etc.

I am convinced that the minister did the right thing, and it will prove valuable imop, for the end result of DP and :behindbar:.

IF IF IF anyone thinks that role playing in learning how to counsel is not done, then I would be surprised. IT would be a great tool in our confused world of nutty people.

A Catholic regularly goes to confession, so a priest often hears things that a normal minister might not be privvy to.

==========================================
==========================================

You were talking about a "tape" being used.

How would Pastor SchorI know beforehand that Stacy would be confessing to anything important enough to have a tape recorder close by to use? Again, I don't think one was used. IMO

I am not puzzled by the fact that he had a Masters Degree, and didn't report to the LE right away about what Stacy told him.

A Master's Degree in Theology (assuming that is what he has), does not tell you what you HAVE to do or NOT have to do, in case a parishioner should confess to being involved in a murder or know that someone committed a murder.

Each religion has their own hierachy (sp?) on where to go in certain circumstances where a confession involves human imperil and/or situations that a crime has been or will be committed.

What Pastor Schori did afterwards with the information he had that day from Stacy, IMO, could be very important in a trial.

How would Pastor Schori know beforehand that is what Stacy would be telling him?? (Meaning, he already had a tape recorder?)

SeriouslySearching
12-16-2007, 02:20 AM
A pastor wouldn't tape a counseling session, imo. They are there to address issues from a spiritual standpoint and not to fix mental issues in a medical context. They have no need to tape sessions which psychologists do for various reasons...one being to cover their ass in the event of a lawsuit based on their professional skills.

Camper
12-16-2007, 07:31 AM
A pastor wouldn't tape a counseling session, imo. They are there to address issues from a spiritual standpoint and not to fix mental issues in a medical context. They have no need to tape sessions which psychologists do for various reasons...one being to cover their ass in the event of a lawsuit based on their professional skills.

--->>>This pastor had a degree in counseling as well. Murder is one of the ten commandments and not a medical issue. The murdered person is a medical situation in that 'the' victim is dead.

The very word 'counsel' means to give helpful advice on how to solve personal issues confronting the counseled. The minister had to deal with how to help Stacy, and how to keep her from the same fate as wife #3, and WHAT to do about DP.

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Can pastors tell your secrets?

STACY PETERSON CASE | Minister's seminary says his actions are example of what not to do (more at link)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/699065,CST-NWS-pastor16.article

mysteriew
12-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Notice how the seminary never mentioned mandatory reporting? As in situations in which pastors are required to report to police?

I do somewhat agree about the confidentiality issues. But will excuse the pastor in that he is young and unexperienced. And let's face it, being faced with the likes of the media presence in this situation would be difficult. Also, I think he presumes that Stacy is dead so in his mind, there is less of a breach than a living person.

And the seminary says it is "inappropriate" for the pastor to have met with Stacy in a coffee shop. But I am wondering if maybe that might have been Stacy's idea. I think she had decided to tell him, and by doing it away from his office I think she thought that would make it less "official". As the confession happened outside of a counseling session, I am thinking that the confidentiality clause might be null anyway. I think with priests, if they recieve info during confession they protect that info- but info recieved outside the confessional is fair game isn't it?

robthomaseyes
12-16-2007, 12:26 PM
It's possible she TOLD the pastor BECAUSE she wanted to have several people who knew what was going on in case she turned up dead. She may have even given him permission to break the confidentiality.

We just don't know. As for whether the pastor was right or wrong, I would think it MORE wrong to just let this guy keep going and maybe wind up killing someone else.

Since we are talking about a Christian pastor, I'm going to wax religious for a moment (this is not necessarily my belief, but what might be going on in his head). On judgment day, what would God see as a bigger sin? Breaching confidentiality or not speaking out against a murderer?

The pastor is between a rock and a hard place.

Camper
12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Given todays climate of more and more women going 'missing', bodies washing ashore, and pregnant women becoming a rather large part of this 'statistic', it seems to me that better teaching techniques should be incorporated to protect women in general.

Will be interesting to see just 'what all' evolves from this particular 'chapter' of confession by a woman who ends up 'missing'. Will her family fault the minister for NOT escorting Stacy to the Illinois State Police, OR to the States Attorney General with this information. Stacy could in fact still be alive IF IF IF a proper action was taken from the 'coffee shop' 'revelation' onward.

It was stated in one of the threads that Schori OFTEN met with people of his church at 'a' coffee shop that was walking distance from his church.
WE donut know which coffee shop they met in, the one close to his church or one elsewhere.

I also found a link this morning about a law being passed that would allow men of the cloth to be 'required' to report crimes of a capitol nature discovered in confession.

This is a topic that will be discussed at great length everywhere people are found who can 'speak' to it. Stacy may be dead, and Kathleen, but the subject will not die. What is the right and proper thing to do to preserve the sanctity of life.

'Thou Shalt Not Kill'. How far should a man of the cloth go to preserve life of the living?

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 01:52 PM
In one of the links I posted about Neil Schori's counseling service, it stated he could be found at Carabou Coffee if anyone needed to stop by and speak to him. Did he work there? Does he own the coffee shop? So we know coffee house counseling was routine.

I worry about the cleric that's teaching the ethic classes. He seems to be a little behind the times and not able to see the whole picture here. And not clued in legally as to what confidentiality really means. I think he shouldn't be teaching an ethics class, IMO.

I think part of Neil coming forward was of course what is right regarding Stacy. But part because he wants to make sure nothing happens to him, if you get my drift.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
In one of the links I posted about Neil Schori's counseling service, it stated he could be found at Carabou Coffee if anyone needed to stop by and speak to him. Did he work there? Does he own the coffee shop? So we know coffee house counseling was routine.

I worry about the cleric that's teaching the ethic classes. He seems to be a little behind the times and not able to see the whole picture here. And not clued in legally as to what confidentiality really means. I think he shouldn't be teaching an ethics class, IMO.

I think part of Neil coming forward was of course what is right regarding Stacy. But part because he wants to make sure nothing happens to him, if you get my drift.

I don't know what the guidelines are for this particular pastor. In the Catholic faith, for example, a priest CANNOT violate the confidentiality of the confessional under any circumstances....even if someone confesses murder. I believe that this is what is fueling the debates as to whether this pastor should be coming forth. Now, if things are said in counseling sessions, I'm not sure. Clearly in this particular case, the pastor thinks he is doing the right thing by going public with Stacy's admissions. He would be the only person who could say exactly why he is doing this and what the guidelines are for his office.

In terms of ethics, I don't think we have enough information to determine whether he should be teaching. We just don't know the guidelines here. Any pastors among us who could comment?

mysteriew
12-16-2007, 02:16 PM
There seems to be discussion about whether the pastor should have immediately reported what he had been told about Kathleen. But Kathleen was already dead, no report would have changed that. Stacy however was alive and endangered. Had a report been made before Stacy was out and safe and if DrewP learned that an investigation had begun, and learned or even suspected that the info came from Stacy then her life would have been in more danger. So basically the pastor was at the point of questioning did he make an immediate report and further put Stacy in danger? Or should he bide his time and wait til Stacy was out and safe? IMO the reason Stacy told the pastor was to explain to him why marital counseling wasn't working and why she was definately going to leave DrewP. The pastor could not make her leave immediately, and he would only have her word that she was leaving shortly.
Therefore to hold off on the report to LE until she was safe would be an option that he probably took. What he didn't take into consideration was DrewP's need for control in all situations and how he wouldn't allow Stacy to leave him, unless he wanted it. That was not the fault of the pastor, that was DrewP's fault.
The way I see it, that pastor was between a rock and a hard place. Make an immediate report and get blamed for endangering Stacy or delaying the report and having something happen to her from an abusive husband and catch the blame for that.

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 02:21 PM
I did a bit of research on this and in the State of Illinois you have to be state licensed to counsel someone. The state also requires licensed counselors to report a murder or the suspicion of one. This is all accessible through a Google search.
Confession to a priest and counseling with a Pastor are two different things. I really have trouble getting my thoughts around her telling the pastor so others would know if anything happened to her. She had obviously shared it with her sister. I wonder if her conscience was bothering her because she knew this and wondered how God would see her involvement in knowing and not coming forward. I am assuming she cared about God or wouldn't be going to church. Speculation only.

mysteriew
12-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't know what the guidelines are for this particular pastor. In the Catholic faith, for example, a priest CANNOT violate the confidentiality of the confessional under any circumstances....even if someone confesses murder. I believe that this is what is fueling the debates as to whether this pastor should be coming forth. Now, if things are said in counseling sessions, I'm not sure. Clearly in this particular case, the pastor thinks he is doing the right thing by going public with Stacy's admissions. He would be the only person who could say exactly why he is doing this and what the guidelines are for his office.

In terms of ethics, I don't think we have enough information to determine whether he should be teaching. We just don't know the guidelines here. Any pastors among us who could comment?

I think a lot of it is going to come down to the question of whether it is considered counseling or not. Was this a scheduled appt. for Stacy to meet with the pastor for counseling? Or did she just drop in to speak with him, as he made himself available? Was this counseling or friendship?

As a general rule, counselors and therapists are bound by rules of confidentiality that should only be broken if it is necessary to report to LE or with the persons permission. But the informal nature of dropping into the coffee shop to speak with him sort of puts that rule in question. There is also the question- did she give him permission to talk about what she had told him if she went missing? Remember that was something that she had made Cass promise- that if she went missing, Cass was to look for her. So she talked about that with Cass, maybe there were also arrangements with the pastor.

mysteriew
12-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I did a bit of research on this and in the State of Illinois you have to be state licensed to counsel someone. The state also requires licensed counselors to report a murder or the suspicion of one. This is all accessible through a Google search.
Confession to a priest and counseling with a Pastor are two different things. I really have trouble getting my thoughts around her telling the pastor so others would know if anything happened to her. She had obviously shared it with her sister. I wonder if her conscience was bothering her because she knew this and wondered how God would see her involvement in knowing and not coming forward. I am assuming she cared about God or wouldn't be going to church. Speculation only.

Did she tell Cass about Kathleen? I haven't seen any in the family admit that she had told them. I did see where Pam had questions about Kathleen's death, but it seemed more from her own thoughts, not from what
Stacy may have said.

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 02:27 PM
I think a lot of it is going to come down to the question of whether it is considered counseling or not. Was this a scheduled appt. for Stacy to meet with the pastor for counseling? Or did she just drop in to speak with him, as he made himself available? Was this counseling or friendship?

As a general rule, counselors and therapists are bound by rules of confidentiality that should only be broken if it is necessary to report to LE or with the persons permission. But the informal nature of dropping into the coffee shop to speak with him sort of puts that rule in question. There is also the question- did she give him permission to talk about what she had told him if she went missing? Remember that was something that she had made Cass promise- that if she went missing, Cass was to look for her. So she talked about that with Cass, maybe there were also arrangements with the pastor.

You are exactly right. Counseling with someone and just meeting with them on a casual basis are two different things.
It sounds like, to me, he went to the coffee shop and folks dropped in and he briefly spoke with them and THEN if they desired or he suggested counseling it would occur in his office.

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Did she tell Cass about Kathleen? I haven't seen any in the family admit that she had told them. I did see where Pam had questions about Kathleen's death, but it seemed more from her own thoughts, not from what
Stacy may have said.

Cass was the last person she talked to. She and Cass were close. Very Close. I said it was speculation. BUT....... I have two close friends that know EVERYTHING about me, EVERYTHING. Most people do have family or friends that they have a closer relationship with. I think that Cass would have known. She had to know that DP was married when he met Stacy. The pastor said on GVS that people were "speculating" about the death of KS. One day Kathy is alive the next day she isn't. I would bet my girl scout knife that Stacy and Cass discussed this.

cricket
12-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Did she tell Cass about Kathleen? I haven't seen any in the family admit that she had told them. I did see where Pam had questions about Kathleen's death, but it seemed more from her own thoughts, not from what Stacy may have said.

We don't know if she told Cassandra or not - and we may not know that for a long time. Stacy's family has said that LE has asked them to not to mention certain things to the media. Her family seems to be good about protecting the integrity of the investigation; I am sure they want justice.

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 02:40 PM
We don't know if she told Cassandra or not - and we may not know that for a long time. Stacy's family has said that LE has asked them to not to mention certain things to the media. Her family seems to be good about protecting the integrity of the investigation; I am sure they want justice.

When the pastor said on GVS that their were others who knew "things" and needed to come forward, I wondered if he meant Cass.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 02:43 PM
She called him to set up the discussion the day before according to what he said on Greta. I think she would not have wanted to meet with him privately because of the nature of Drew possibly coming into the church office and spouting off and intimadating the pastor. The pastor did say that in one previous session with Drew he had found him intimadating..butwould not elaborate on rather it was something Drew said or he did.

Remember they are getting marriage counseling through this pastor. So maybe Stacy wants to clear her conscience and also explain why this marriage has a snowballs chance in hell of working out between them.
She may also have sworn him to keep her conversation private at all cost unless something happened to her..and she may have begged him not to divulge this info until that point.

Tom'sGirl
12-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I think a lot of it is going to come down to the question of whether it is considered counseling or not. Was this a scheduled appt. for Stacy to meet with the pastor for counseling? [quote]Or did she just drop in to speak with him, as he made himself available? Was this counseling or friendship?
"Schori said Stacy Peterson called him in August. He agreed to meet her at a coffee shop." So she did not just drop in, it was a requested meeting by SP.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Doesn't that article combine what other people from many different church backgrounds say, not just Neil's school?

I found that article gutless and tasteless. It is very easy to kick a person when they are down and distance yourself from them..which is what these professed men of God have done to Neil. For goodness sake..being in a classroom and teaching environment is one thing..dealing with the pressures of ministering to and counseling parshioners in the real world is quite another.

And what did Stacy request..we have to keep in mind would these teachers have turned Stacy away if she said she must meet him in a public place? We still don't know all the facts yet because Neil could not give them to Greta at LE's request.

Tom'sGirl
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Doesn't that article combine what other people from many different church backgrounds say, not just Neil's school?

I found that article gutless and tasteless. It is very easy to kick a person when they are down and distance yourself from them..which is what these professed men of God have done to Neil. For goodness sake..being in a classroom and teaching environment is one thing..dealing with the pressures of ministering to and counseling parshioners in the real world is quite another.

And what did Stacy request..we have to keep in mind would these teachers have turned Stacy away if she said she must meet him in a public place? We still don't know all the facts yet because Neil could not give them to Greta at LE's request.

I edited my post to reflect only the answer that it was a requested meeting.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
As paranoid as Drew is I do not put it past him to have picked the church's locks in the dead of night and set up bugs in the pastor's offices if he truly felt that something was going on between the two of them.

Also Stacy knew he was stalking her and knew he was watching her every move. I do not think she would have met with any man any place that was not absolutely public. Look what he did at Denny's when she is with a group of nurses at dinner. This man was relentlessly looking for proof that she was being unfaithful and or telling the story of Kathleen.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I edited my post to reflect only the answer that it was a requested meeting.

Oh TG..I didn't mean you..I read that article earlier and it just made me so mad that these people who should support this young pastor and maybe only say that they didn't know all the facts or that he was between a rock and a hard place came thundering down against him.

Guess I just didn't like their holier then thou stance when they don't know the whole story anymore then we do.

I am so sorry if I affended you..I would never want to do that to you.
Please accept my apology.

DD

Tom'sGirl
12-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh TG..I didn't mean you..I read that article earlier and it just made me so mad that these people who should support this young pastor and maybe only say that they didn't know all the facts or that he was between a rock and a hard place came thundering down against him.

Guess I just didn't like their holier then thou stance when they don't know the whole story anymore then we do.

I am so sorry if I affended you..I would never want to do that to you.
Please accept my apology.
DD

You didn't in any way DD, so no apology please silly girl!

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks TG..don't know what I 'd do without on these boards.

SeriouslySearching
12-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Uhm..HELLO? Who was the pastor supposed to report this to?! The very police department that had covered up the death of Kathleen and ruled it as accidental where Drew worked?! He was in as much of a situation as Stacy, Cassandra, Sharon, or anyone else who knew information about Drew and his abuse of both women.

The pastor was not given direct information such as it would be if Drew had confessed to him. What he was told was coming from a woman considering a divorce and while he was frightened by what she told him...he had no cooberating evidence to report. For him to have gone to LE with the information could have placed Stacy in certain danger since LE would have gone directly to Drew with it. He had no way of knowing at the time she would not get out of the marriage safely.

Hindsight would have had him act differently in this case, but I don't think we can fault this pastor. I believe he acted accordingly and is doing the right thing by speaking out now because he believes she is no longer alive so is willing to forego any confidentiality clause or unwritten law for what is appropriate for him to divulge.

Also, the pastor stated that Drew immediately called and left a voice message for him while he was meeting with Stacy...so Drew knew of the meeting and probably where it was taking place. He requested a meeting for himself which the pastor turned down under the circumstances. (He couldn't have hidden what Stacy had told him from Drew, imo. Drew was more trained than any psychologist/counselor to read a person. He would have known that Stacy had told him and put the pastor in immediate danger.)

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I agree SS with everything in your post.

The call to the pastor's office while he and Stacy were in the coffee shop. That would have clinched the deal for me to not go any further with this unless it was at Stacy's request.