PDA

View Full Version : Grand Jury Meets Today 12/13/2007

CW
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_13dec13,1,7334398.story

Chicago -- The grand jury looking into both the death of Drew Peterson's third wife and the disappearance of his fourth will convene today. Among the witnesses called to testify, Drew Peterson's adult son. More from Kelly Kraft.

The video also said Ric Mins recieved $400.00 from the NE story to pay his cell phone bill.

CW
12-13-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5206288&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

JB blowing more hot air out his @ss,

philamena
12-13-2007, 12:35 PM
bawaaa, thanks for making me laugh WindChime.
And a big thanks for the updates.

fran
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the link WindChime! :)

Did anyone else catch that? There IS a life insurance policy on Stacy!:eek:

Brodsky wouldn't say how much it was. But, how much is a 'little policy?':waitasec:

fran

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the link WindChime! :)

Did anyone else catch that? There IS a life insurance policy on Stacy!:eek:

Brodsky wouldn't say how much it was. But, how much is a 'little policy?':waitasec:

fran

And he avoided answering who the beneficiary is.

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Now if I was in Stacy's shoes, knowing that my husband murdered his third wife. A murder that benefited Drew financially. The last thing I would do is give Drew a reason to kill me by knowingly have an insurance policy payable upon my death!

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 01:21 PM
We need to find out who the beneficiary of the policy is, how much it is, and WHEN it was taken out. That would show motive and premeditation.

fran
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
And he avoided answering who the beneficiary is.

LOL, oh, he was sure to say he wouldn't be able to collect on it because she ran away with another man!:crazy:

IMO, he was planning on collecting on it. He didn't count on this case getting so much press and him being considered a suspect and his wife #3 being re-examined. He probably thought this would just be another blip in the radar screen of life.

He can come up with all the excuses he wants. But in the end, Kathleen and Stacy both are going to help bury him in jail for the rest of his life! Kathleen left her words in writing and Stacy talked to too many people.

Drew Peterson is going to be toast!:mad:

JMHO
fran

cricket
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
We need to find out who the beneficiary of the policy is, how much it is, and WHEN it was taken out. That would show motive and premeditation.

Calling Mark Furman!

fran
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Now if I was in Stacy's shoes, knowing that my husband murdered his third wife. A murder that benefited Drew financially. The last thing I would do is give Drew a reason to kill me by knowingly have an insurance policy payable upon my death!

Wonder who witnessed Stacy's signature on it?:waitasec:

That should be interesting.:rolleyes:

Just like Kathleen's will that suddenly showed up AFTER her death.:razz:

fran

fran
12-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Calling Mark Furman!

Send Greta a tip on her 'tip line!':cool:

Seriously,
fran

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Calling Mark Furman!

Yeah, send it in to Greta.

robthomaseyes
12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I wonder if the policy was taken out right before that little shooting incident!

cricket
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Send Greta a tip on her 'tip line!':cool:

Seriously,
fran

Done!

mysteriew
12-13-2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5206288&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

It is a sign of progress. JAB has gone from "they don't have a case" to "their case is weak". And of course, we don't really know what kind of case they have since LE isn't talking.

fran
12-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Done!

Kool!!!!:woohoo:

Let's hope they find out something!

Like, who, what, when, where, HOW MUCH!!??

:D
fran

panthera
12-13-2007, 02:42 PM
And even if the kids are the beneficiaries he could still use up the money. :(

panthera
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Calling Mark Fuhrman!
In that case, we'll know the answer by tonight's show! :D

fran
12-13-2007, 03:06 PM
It is a sign of progress. JAB has gone from "they don't have a case" to "their case is weak". And of course, we don't really know what kind of case they have since LE isn't talking.

I hate to disagree with JAB, but I do. Them calling back, say Ric Mims, could mean they want more information about the TWO blue containers that are now MISSING!:waitasec:

I think they're just crossing their 'i's' and dotting their 't's' before they haul old DP in.

They need to put him out of his misery on wondering just exactly "WHEN." Bet every night when he goes to bed, IF he can sleep, he's afraid he's going to hear a 'knockin' on his door,' and it's the blue suits with his very own personalized set of 'handcuffs.':bang:

Sleep tight, Drew.:woohoo:

JMHO
fran

mysteriew
12-13-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_13dec13,1,7334398.story

Chicago -- The grand jury looking into both the death of Drew Peterson's third wife and the disappearance of his fourth will convene today. Among the witnesses called to testify, Drew Peterson's adult son. More from Kelly Kraft.

The video also said Ric Mins recieved $400.00 from the NE story to pay his cell phone bill.

From the link

But Bosco said, "That was an amazing insult and disgusting insult. ... Any time we go to make a confession with a pastor or a priest or anyone of that profession and share our deep darkest secrets it's going to be insinuated that we're having an affair with them? It's uncalled for and totally disrespectful to that man who had the courage to come forward with that information."

Stacy's family and friends have said it is not the first time Peterson accused his missing wife of infidelity. They said that at her sister Tina's funeral in 2006, as Stacy walked with her late sister's husband, Drew asked her if she was sleeping with him.

And Stacy's friend Scott Rossetto said he, Stacy and a group of friends were having dinner at a restaurant Oct. 19 when Drew, who was still a Bolingbrook police sergeant, showed up unannounced and asked Rossetto how he would feel if his wife "went off with another guy."

I like the family's response to that. They make a good point that everytime a man is mentioned, the accusation is made that Stacy was having an affair with him.

Meanwhile Wednesday, divers continued a canal search near Romeoville for evidence linked to Stacy's disappearance. And Brodsky said a private detective has offered to search for her on Drew Peterson's behalf. He would not identify the individual or say whether it was being done pro bono.
New info. I am wondering if this investigator comes up with info that points to DrewP, will he inform LE? And will he be allowed to conduct a full range investigation or will he only be permitted to go into the directions that Brodsky and DrewP point him? And is this investigator also the attorney that just joined the case? If so, I would think that would be a conflict of interest as far as doing any investigation.

DeltaDawn
12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I wish the reporter would have asked JAB why Drew needed a defense fund when he hasn't been charged with anything...he's being alittle proactive ?

I think that JAB and JPC are both trying to devine exactly what it is the police have as evidence..because with out an arrest, with the GJ closed to the public, they are really clueless to what LE has in place..we know s much as they do about what has been going on. At the same time I am sure Drew has not admitted anything to them, so he's filled their heads with lies. He is going to be a tough client to defend because with all the lying going on he's gona trip himself and his attorneys up.

But then again defendants as long as they are not taking the witness chair are not sworn in, nor do they have to tell the truth, and neither do defense attorneys..so basically their job is to set up enough doubt, even by lying and creating the story they want people to believe..which they have been doing a very poor job of so far.

DeltaDawn
12-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think that there will be much of an investigation from Drew's camp to find Stacy...remember she's mising, he's mad and doesn't want her back. I think they will do just enough to put on a little show for everyone saying later we tried to find her.

fran
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't think that there will be much of an investigation from Drew's camp to find Stacy...remember she's mising, he's mad and doesn't want her back. I think they will do just enough to put on a little show for everyone saying later we tried to find her.

Well, his new attorney/aka PI's website said their PI rate is $100 @ hour but there's a 3 hour min. So, expect at least 3 hours PI work.:slap:

Then he could say he tried and just could NOT find her!:angel:

fran

panthera
12-13-2007, 04:02 PM
And according to him, she's "where she wants to be" so there's no reason for him to try to find her other than to prove she's alive which I don't think is going to happen. :(

DeltaDawn
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Considering all the hours of searching that hundreds of people by now have done...this guy saying his going to investigate her disappearance is as ingenuine as Drew's comments have been. Even in 100 hours 1 man who really doesn't want to find her is not going to find her.

Leila
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I remember the pastor, Neil Schori, saying that each grand jury sits for 13 weeks. He said they began to hear the Savio case his last time there and he recused himself. It sounds like a new grand jury session began shortly after Stacy disappeared. Today is the 7th grand jury session since the disappearance of Stacy. I'm wondering if each grand jury panel has to make a determination in a case during their session on the grand jury? In other words........if this grand jury panel is in their 6th or 7th week, will they have to make a determination in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson in the next 5 or 6 sessions, or can the case be handed over to a new incoming grand jury?

DeltaDawn
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
To be honest grand jurys need very little evidence to arrest someone. There is an old saying that a grand jury would indite a ham sandwich if that's what the prosecutor wanted...and that is true, they just need probable cause.

The GJ is meeting so long on this case, I feel, so they have as much info as they can to take Drew into custody pretrial. This info can be used in the trial when it does go to court. Also, they are meeting about 2 separate things..Kathy's death and Stacy's disappearance.

The GJ will make a decision in the prosecution's favor very soon IMHO.

For Drew the longer they wait the more bravado he shows , as well as his attorneys. They are giving him rope..he will hang himself with his lies.

tagalong
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Calling Mark Furman!

AND if the beneficiary was changed in the last few months.

capps
12-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Oh come on WindChime,don't hold back,tell us how you really feel! LOL!

dottierainbow
12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Ok, Drews lawyer claims they shut down defend Drew website because an initial amount of money was given that they need! I don't get it! He also claimed money was ro be used to find Stacy after paying lawyer fees. So Mr. Lawyer how could you have raised enough money when you are not asking tips or even a reward fund to find Stacy? Oh yeah, you don't want her to be found!

Always Solvable
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok, Drews lawyer claims they shut down defend Drew website because an initial amount of money was given that they need! I don't get it! He also claimed money was ro be used to find Stacy after paying lawyer fees. So Mr. Lawyer how could you have raised enough money when you are not asking tips or even a reward fund to find Stacy? Oh yeah, you don't want her to be found!

I suspect they are bluffing.

mysteriew
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I suspect they are bluffing.

I suspect you are right. I think there was such an outcry about it, and so much fun being made of it (I am thinking of the headlines that I saw) that they decided it would be strategic to take it down.

Now they may have gotten the new attorney out of the publicity for the website.

fran
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
I guess DP wants more publicity.:slap:

fran

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

A White Stretch Limo….Who Is Putting On the Dog for Drew?

by Greta Van Susteren

This is sort of interesting….I was just emailed that a white stretch limo (yes, white stretch!!!) just pulled up in front of Drew’s house….some network is really “putting on the dog” for Drew….he won’t do ON THE RECORD — even though he knows I would be polite, let him answer the questions etc. I remain interested in interviewing him but the one question I want to ask (and I repeatedly have told both his lawyer and him ) is a simple one: where were you from 10am Sunday to 10am Monday on Oct., 28 into Oct. 29.

If Drew is going to do any show, he should not play games like “I can’t talk about that because it is an ongoing investigation.” If you hear that, you know it is a game. If he shows up to talk, he should not hide from questions. He should answer all. If he won’t answer all, he should not do television. If you hear that answer (a dodge,) your antenna should go up. If he instead answers fully and can explain his whereabouts, your antenna should go down.

CW
12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I read somewhere that Drew is going to be on Date Line Dec.21 so I wonder if that might of been why the white limo was at his house picking him up. The only reason IMO why drew hated the media in front of his house was because he didn't or couldn't have contorl. He's a media ho when he can say when and where he will do the interview, he feels he is in contorl then.:slap:

DeltaDawn
12-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Drew is a ho period...media, women, money, drugs, whatever.. Drew is there if a buck is available to be made.

The white limo..hope it was the devil calling for his payback time.

fran
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I read somewhere that Drew is going to be on Date Line Dec.21 so I wonder if that might of been why the white limo was at his house picking him up. The only reason IMO why drew hated the media in front of his house was because he didn't or couldn't have contorl. He's a media ho when he can say when and where he will do the interview, he feels he is in contorl then.:slap:

Hi WindChime!:blowkiss:

I love your Xmas avatar. The Merry Christmas makes me hungry for a candy cane! :)

I think you're right about it probably being for Date Line. Don't they film early?
Oh and right again, he is a media ho and a control freak!:mad:

JMHO
fran

fran
12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Drew is a ho period...media, women, money, drugs, whatever.. Drew is there if a buck is available to be made.

The white limo..hope it was the devil calling for his payback time.

DD, I have ta tell ya, when I read your last sentence, it sent chills down my spine!:eek:

"The white limo..hope it was the devil calling for his payback time"

Drew needs to be careful what he wishes for!...........Oh, wait, it's too late!:bang:

JMHO
fran

NascarMom
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM

I think someone needs to notify Ripley's Believe It Or Not, because I've never heard of a lawyer telling someone "Oh no, that's fine Honey...that's all the money I'll ever need...just shut down the website and we'll call it a day."

GMAB.

SuziQ
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
By Erika Slife and Matthew Walberg | Tribune staff reporters 8:35 PM CST, December 13, 2007

One of Drew Peterson's adult sons appeared Thursday before a Will County special grand jury investigating the disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife and the mysterious drowning of his third wife, but declined afterward to discuss the case.

Stephen Peterson, 28, an Oak Brook police officer, arrived in uniform Thursday morning at the Will County Court Building Annex, where the grand jury meets. About three hours later, he left the building and drove off in his marked squad car. (more at link)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_14dec14,0,5759190.story?coll=chi_tab01_la yout

ETA: Video at link shows Steve walking to his car.

panthera
12-13-2007, 10:42 PM
By Erika Slife and Matthew Walberg | Tribune staff

One of Drew Peterson's adult sons appeared Thursday before a Will County special grand jury investigating the disappearance of Peterson's fourth wife and the mysterious drowning of his third wife, but declined afterward to discuss the case.

Stephen Peterson, 28, an Oak Brook police officer, arrived in uniform Thursday morning at the Will County Court Building Annex, where the grand jury meets. About three hours later, he left the building and drove off in his marked squad car. (more at link)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-peterson_14dec14,0,5759190.story?coll=chi_tab01_la yout
Oh how I wish I could've been a fly on the wall in that room! :cool:

fran
12-13-2007, 10:50 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think someone needs to notify Ripley's Believe It Or Not, because I've never heard of a lawyer telling someone "Oh no, that's fine Honey...that's all the money I'll ever need...just shut down the website and we'll call it a day."
GMAB.

I had to crack up at this one!

Ya know, at the rate this is going, this is becoming bigger than the Laci and Scott Peterson case. MG got a $mil from the parents and who knows how much from the State of Calif. There's no way, no how, this attorney would shut the money spigot off!

JMHO
fran

PS......all those hits to the site, were bots!!! No $$ involved, just a pain in the you know what for the server. They were SHUT DOWN by their server provider. imho........fran

robthomaseyes
12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Is Stephen, the one that testified today, the one who is estranged from Drew, or the other one?

Tom'sGirl
12-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Is Stephen, the one that testified today, the one who is estranged from Drew, or the other one?
No, Steve is not the one estranged from DP.

Leila
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Eric is the son that is estranged from DP. It's been said that Eric's estrangement is because of Kathleen's death, and that Eric didn't believe it was an accident. I've wondered if LE has contacted Eric and asked what it was at the time that made him believe Kathleen's death wasn't an accident? Is it a matter that Eric saw the contempt between DP and Kathleen and just felt it wasn't an accident? Or does he have any evidence to suggest it was homicide?

philamena
12-14-2007, 12:14 AM

GMAB.

Good point.
For some reason I get the feeling the real reason the website was closed is because an arrest of DP is right around the corner.

mysteriew
12-14-2007, 12:31 AM

I saw in one article that Stephen and DrewP were more like best friends. DrewP was Stephen's best man when he married.

SuziQ
12-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Good point.
For some reason I get the feeling the real reason the website was closed is because an arrest of DP is right around the corner.

Or Brodsky realized he was in deep doo doo for being involved with it. He said the website was his idea and that he did get permission from Drew. I can't imagine it's ethically ok to set up and run a website to raise money to pay for your clients legal bills he owes you.

DeltaDawn
12-14-2007, 08:45 AM
I was looking at the handles on the blue and black containers in the pictures. They look like they could pull out if they were caught on something or if something heavy was contained in box. They also have a unique shape.

I wonder if during the search of the cars or even searches in the area one of those handles was found? Maybe that is why they questioned Ric so throughly about the handles on the containers.

closeobserver
01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I was looking at the handles on the blue and black containers in the pictures. They look like they could pull out if they were caught on something or if something heavy was contained in box. They also have a unique shape.

I wonder if during the search of the cars or even searches in the area one of those handles was found? Maybe that is why they questioned Ric so throughly about the handles on the containers.
What in the H#$% is going on with the Grand Jury. The last time this topic was breached is over a year ago. Unbelievable that they haven't recommended charges, even with just the information we have heard in the public, not to mention the info they must have. This is SO sad and disappointing.

scandi
01-13-2009, 06:56 PM
What in the H#$% is going on with the Grand Jury. The last time this topic was breached is over a year ago. Unbelievable that they haven't recommended charges, even with just the information we have heard in the public, not to mention the info they must have. This is SO sad and disappointing.

Hi Closeobserver, I think it boils down to the fact the State is still missing a piece of the puzzle and won't move until it is in place. Just like in the Michelle Young case, and they even have a body!

Patience is a virtue here and time is on the side of the victim, Stacy IMO

Soulscape
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Closeobserver, I think it boils down to the fact the State is still missing a piece of the puzzle and won't move until it is in place. Just like in the Michelle Young case, and they even have a body!

Well, I certainly hope the State finds the missing puzzle piece before Drew gets fed up with his new sweetie, the soon-to-be Mrs. DP #5!!!

Thanks,
Soulscape

ChasingMoxie
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM

I so badly want to believe this but every day the reality is just too demoralizing for me. :(

Noway
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I didn't see this list posted anywere on WS but I'm having computer problems, so I'll paste it here until I can look at the rest of the Stacy section...

People Who Have Testified Before the Grand Jury

NOVEMBER 2007
Drew Peterson
Alex Morelli
Paul Peterson
Keith Rossetto
Scott Rossetto
Steven Carcerano
Richard Mims (3 times total)
Stephen Peterson (4 times total)

DECEMBER 2007
Richard Mims (2nd & 3rd times)
Stephen Peterson (2nd time)

JANUARY 2008
Sharon Bychowski
Thomas Pontarelli
Mary Pontarelli
Nick Pontarelli
Mike Robinson
Bruce Zidarich
Cassandra Cales
Mike Robinson (2nd GJ subpoena while he’s in jail)
The Savio-Peterson WILL

FEBRUARY 2008
Anthony Rock

MARCH 2008
Betty Morphey
Albert Morphey
Neil Schori
Dr. Larry Blum

APRIL 2008
Kyle Piry
Vicki Connolly
Walter Martineck
John Morphey
James Morphey

MAY 2008
Anthony Cales
James Mitchum
Kevin Mitchum
Susan Doman
Lisa Ward
Steve Maniaci
Anna Doman
Richard Berg
Melissa Doman
Kim Matuska
Candace Aikin

JUNE 2008
Harry Smith (Kathleen Savio's divorce attorney; also contacted by Stacy Peterson)
Thomas Peterson (June 26)

JULY 2008
Kris Peterson (July 10)
Mike Robinson (July 17)
Jennifer Schoon (July 31) (Stephen Peterson's ex-girlfriend)

AUGUST 2008
Kyle Toutges (August 14) (Stacy's uncle)

JANUARY 2009
Alexander Beck (January 22, represented Peterson in his unresolved divorce from Kathleen Savio)
Charlie Doman (January 22, Kathleen Savio's nephew and a former employee at Suds Pub, Montgomery bar owned by DP)

FEBRUARY 2009
Christina Raines (February 5; Drew's alleged ex-fiancée)

closeobserver
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I didn't see this list posted anywere on WS but I'm having computer problems, so I'll paste it here until I can look at the rest of the Stacy section...

People Who Have Testified Before the Grand Jury

NOVEMBER 2007
Drew Peterson
Alex Morelli
Paul Peterson
Keith Rossetto
Scott Rossetto
Steven Carcerano
Richard Mims (3 times total)
Stephen Peterson (4 times total)

DECEMBER 2007
Richard Mims (2nd & 3rd times)
Stephen Peterson (2nd time)

JANUARY 2008
Sharon Bychowski
Thomas Pontarelli
Mary Pontarelli
Nick Pontarelli
Mike Robinson
Bruce Zidarich
Cassandra Cales
Mike Robinson (2nd GJ subpoena while he’s in jail)
The Savio-Peterson WILL

FEBRUARY 2008
Anthony Rock

MARCH 2008
Betty Morphey
Albert Morphey
Neil Schori
Dr. Larry Blum

APRIL 2008
Kyle Piry
Vicki Connolly
Walter Martineck
John Morphey
James Morphey

MAY 2008
Anthony Cales
James Mitchum
Kevin Mitchum
Susan Doman
Lisa Ward
Steve Maniaci
Anna Doman
Richard Berg
Melissa Doman
Kim Matuska
Candace Aikin

JUNE 2008
Harry Smith (Kathleen Savio's divorce attorney; also contacted by Stacy Peterson)
Thomas Peterson (June 26)

JULY 2008
Kris Peterson (July 10)
Mike Robinson (July 17)
Jennifer Schoon (July 31) (Stephen Peterson's ex-girlfriend)

AUGUST 2008
Kyle Toutges (August 14) (Stacy's uncle)

JANUARY 2009
Alexander Beck (January 22, represented Peterson in his unresolved divorce from Kathleen Savio)
Charlie Doman (January 22, Kathleen Savio's nephew and a former employee at Suds Pub, Montgomery bar owned by DP)

FEBRUARY 2009
Christina Raines (February 5; Drew's alleged ex-fiancée)Where are you guys? What are you doing? Hello!!!!Anybody Home?

BetsyB
04-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm glad to see that they are still calling witnesses--very glad. After reading Drew's "New Love" People magazine article this morning, I was feeling more hopeless than usual about this case.

Seriously, if they can't put this monster behind bars, I will use all faith in humanity.