PDA

View Full Version : Drew Funneling Money To Steve

closeobserver
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316943,00.html

I've thought for a while that Drew is going to be moving money around planning for an escape. I wish LE could freeze his assets, but I don't think they can without charging him with anything.

The $250,000 funneled to Steve may explain his support for his Dad.

Dobler
12-15-2007, 02:19 PM
I would like to find out exactly when he did this- Oct 29 (the day after Stacy disappeared) or when the media storm began to hit.

curiositycat
12-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Drew has been a cop for 29 years. Analyze this really closely. How many cops end up with the kind of money he has? Kathy Savio's death must of really helped his bankroll. He doesn't seem like he saves a lot. Look at all his toys. He bragged about plastic surgery for Stacy.
Call it a hunch but I say something is terribly rotten in Bollingbrook.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Could it be some police officer or officers????? :)

curiositycat
12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Could it be some police officer or officers????? :)

:angel:

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Asking on this thread as well as Steve Peterson's thread. What's the deal with Kathleen's will appearing one year after her death. The BarnGod interrupted me and I didn't hear the rest of the report on Fox. Something about Steve being a benificiary also? Can't find any reference about her will on this forum after using the search option. Anyone know?

savannahanna
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Drew has been a cop for 29 years. Analyze this really closely. How many cops end up with the kind of money he has? Kathy Savio's death must of really helped his bankroll. He doesn't seem like he saves a lot. Look at all his toys. He bragged about plastic surgery for Stacy.

I have always wondered how successful DPs business (bar) was and he had other businesses too, I think? Also that he was a Narc officer and if he decided to operate on the wrong side of the law what monetary benefits would come his way. I am still puzzled why he would "out" the other Narc undercover officer. He isn't stupid so I would assume that it could have caused problems for DP or associates if he didn't expose the other officer. I have wondered if he was getting what one would call kickbacks for allowing illegal drugs/activities at his bar. Pure imagination on my part-but it does make one think given his questionable police record and love of money that have shown up in the media. I also thought I read where wife #1 or #2 (probably#2 as they didn't have children thus she wouldn't need the house) to quitclaim deed the house to him as part of property settlement. He seems to have too many assets for a retired police sgt.
JMHO
Savannahanna

panthera
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
I'd think he would've spent all he got from Kathleen's death already, with the RV, plane, expensive "toys" and whatnot ~ so it seems strange that he's got this much cash to move around to Steve's bank account. Another question is why transfer it when Stacy goes missing?

panthera
12-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Asking on this thread as well as Steve Peterson's thread. What's the deal with Kathleen's will appearing one year after her death. The BarnGod interrupted me and I didn't hear the rest of the report on Fox. Something about Steve being a benificiary also? Can't find any reference about her will on this forum after using the search option. Anyone know?
I'm sorry I did see it on the other thread too but I don't know the answer. I did hear about Kathleen's Will turning up about a year later, but why would Steve be a beneficiary when she had children?

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry I did see it on the other thread too but I don't know the answer. I did hear about Kathleen's Will turning up about a year later, but why would Steve be a beneficiary when she had children?
Good question. I may have not heard correctly either. Interesting that her will was found later. Wonder who found it and where? If it was witnessed by cops, then surely DP knew about it at the time it was made. Interesting in light of his other activities.

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Geraldo just brought up something interesting about the money ~ that this was in a joint account and why didn't Stacy take the money with her if she really did run away? That she didn't makes it look even more like foul play. Geraldo's also saying that the money had come from the insurance settlements after Kathleen's death.

chicoliving
12-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Geraldo and Geragos at the same time...there outta be a law :p

The horrible part is I agree with Geragos :eek: Nothing really odd about Drew transferring money to his adult cop son. Considering his wife is "missing" and the house has been searched and the vehicles seized. It does seem reasonable to me under those circumstances.

Uh oh Craig just said something about the funds might not have been drawn after Stacy was missing but maybe before..there should be a money trail.

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Geraldo and Geragos at the same time...there outta be a law :p

The horrible part is I agree with Geragos :eek: Nothing really odd about Drew transferring money to his adult cop son. Considering his wife is "missing" and the house has been searched and the vehicles seized. It does seem reasonable to me under those circumstances.

Uh oh Craig just said something about the funds might not have been drawn after Stacy was missing but maybe before..there should be a money trail.
Craig is also saying that Steve was off work for a week after Stacy went missing and could be involved! :eek:

chicoliving
12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
lol Geraldo said that the pastor's wife slammed the door on Craig today :D lol

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
lol Geraldo said that the pastor's wife slammed the door on Craig today :D lol
That was funny but like Geraldo said, she shouldn't have since "they're on the same team"! :D

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Here ya go panthera
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1833548&postcount=55

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
panthera says:

Steve was off work for a week after Stacy went missing and could be involved! :eek:

I know he left for a belated honeymoon, but that wasn't this week was it?

That week he was off could have been the time he was babysitting his nephews and niece which was established by video cameras.

chicoliving
12-15-2007, 08:18 PM
That was funny but like Geraldo said, she shouldn't have since "they're on the same team"! :D

lol I think she did the right thing lol she's got twin babies and her hands full. Musta caught her on a good day cause if that were me and a bad day...Craig'd be wishing it was only a slammed door.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 08:23 PM
chicho:

LOL, I can only imagine! :)

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Here ya go panthera
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1833548&postcount=55
Thanks so much! Still though, Steve wouldn't be a beneficiary unless both she and DP died together and her children were still mentioned. It's still interesting that the Will was witnessed by two other cops and wasn't even typed or from a lawyer.

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
panthera says:

That week he was off could have been the time he was babysitting his nephews and niece which was established by video cameras.
I'm not sure when the honeymoon was but you're probably right about the babysitting and for sure he wouldn't need a week off even if he did help DP dispose of Stacy.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Is Geraldo still on??

If so, can anyone post what is being said? Or if it's Greta, or anything relating to the Peterson case???

No speakers here and no tv availability now.

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 08:37 PM
lol I think she did the right thing lol she's got twin babies and her hands full.
Plus a three year old, poor girl.

Musta caught her on a good day cause if that were me and a bad day...Craig'd be wishing it was only a slammed door.

You and me both :)

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks so much! Still though, Steve wouldn't be a beneficiary unless both she and DP died together and her children were still mentioned. It's still interesting that the Will was witnessed by two other cops and wasn't even typed or from a lawyer.
Thanks for the reference. I notice the link is outdated and doesn't work now. The snipped portion did mention what I had heard. Son Steve is mentioned. It appears to be a standard joint will. Each inherit the other's assets, then the children. Hand written bothers me, you can do these on line for under $100. Since it was a joint will, it should have been easy for DP to access. After all it was his will too. Very suspicious, IMO.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
The BarnGod has City Confidential on and at 7 we have to switch to ESPN for the National Finals Rodeo from Las Vegas. We missed the earlier broadcasts, but our vet was at our banks new building Grand Opening party and we caught wind of it, so my TV time is allocated. That's ok, I love City Confidential.

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the reference. [quote]I notice the link is outdated and doesn't work now.

I have the full article saved if you want it, but it's kind of long, but complete

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Is Geraldo still on??

If so, can anyone post what is being said? Or if it's Greta, or anything relating to the Peterson case???

No speakers here and no tv availability now.
Yes he's still on but nothing much more than what was already posted. He just went over some of the same things that Greta has including the video clip of Mark about the cell phone records (that was from her show). ;)

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 08:44 PM
[quote=BarnGoddess;1853337]Thanks for the reference.

I have the full article saved if you want it, but it's kind of long,
Can you give us highlights? It must be of current interest if Fox is picking up on it. Any suspicions raised in the original article?

panthera
12-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the reference. I notice the link is outdated and doesn't work now. The snipped portion did mention what I had heard. Son Steve is mentioned. It appears to be a standard joint will. Each inherit the other's assets, then the children. Hand written bothers me, you can do these on line for under $100. Since it was a joint will, it should have been easy for DP to access. After all it was his will too. Very suspicious, IMO.
I think it's strange in this day, especially like you mention, who would hand write one on notebook paper when you can do it on the computer?

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 08:46 PM
[quote=Tom'sGirl;1853341]
Can you give us highlights? It must be of current interest if Fox is picking up on it. Any suspicions raised in the original article?

A will emerges

A year after Savio's death and the beginning of the legal proceedings to settle her affairs, a will emerged. It was submitted in court on March 23, 2005. Hand-written in capital letters, it was scrawled across two pieces of lined notebook paper and witnessed by Alex J. Morelli and Gary L. Marcolina.

A man named Alex Morelli is a Bolingbrook police officer, and Herald News archives show a man named Gary Marcolina is a developer in the Crest Hill area. "This day March 2nd 1997 Drew Walter Peterson and Kathleen Savio Peterson, both being of sound body and mind, do hereby bequeath all of our worldly possessions to each other in the event of either of our individual deaths," begins the will filed with court documents. If they died together, the couple wanted everything to go to certain people, among them Tom and Kris Peterson, their children, and Eric Drew Peterson and Stephen Paul Peterson, Drew Peterson's children from another relationship.

The will lists some of their assets:
• A Golden Rule life insurance policy valued at $100,000
• A Monumental Life Insurance policy valued at $125,000
• A Prudential Life Insurance policy valued at $308,137.59 -- "Beneficiary Merchants Bank Oswego to pay off note for Sud's Pub in Montgomery," according to the will.
• Bolingbrook Police Pension fund of more than $50,000
• A piece of real estate listed as 9 Clay Court, Montgomery
• The Blue Lightning Corp., or Sud's Pub, 1250 S. Broadway, Montgomery
• Da Page Corp., Fast 'N' Accurate Graphics, 87 Eisenhower South, Lombard
• A quarter interest in CMYK Corp., listed as a printing business in "Lombard-Naperville," according to the will
http://tinyurl.com/2d8g7r
Link no longer live

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 08:53 PM
panthera says:

According to media reports, Steve did go on a honeymoon. But that it was extended several times. At the same time his dept pulled files to investigate him and others in the department for wrongdoing. He finally returned about 10 days ago. Randy Mucha commented here at WS that Steve was merely using up accumilated vacation days.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I'd think he would've spent all he got from Kathleen's death already, with the RV, plane, expensive "toys" and whatnot ~ so it seems strange that he's got this much cash to move around to Steve's bank account. Another question is why transfer it when Stacy goes missing?

200K was from a check Drew wrote from a home equity account. So his house was probably paid off. And probably from the sale of property gained in the divorce and death of Kathleen.

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
thanks pathera!

Tom's Girl: That was the exact will I was seeking for BarnGoddess. Thanks again.

Keep the date that the will was submitted in court in mind, March 23, 2005.

Kathleen's DOD is 3/1/04.

If I am incorrect in any of those dates, please correct me!

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Thank you so much Tom's Girl. I appreciate the information. Given the insurance policies, there would appear to be more at her death, or the policies were on her and not him. Interesting about the other businesses.

SuziQ
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone hear further what was said on Geraldo about when the money was withdrawn? We reasonably know where 200K came from. But I always felt there was a reason Drew said Stacy ran off with 25K. And that the reason was because there was a money trail Drew needed to account for.

panthera
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Anyone hear further what was said on Geraldo about when the money was withdrawn? We reasonably know where 200K came from. But I always felt there was a reason Drew said Stacy ran off with 25K. And that the reason was because there was a money trail Drew needed to account for.
It was mentioned that some could've been withdrawn before she went missing. I think it's really interesting now to hear about the transfers to Steve taken with those statements DP made about Stacy taking $25,000.

mysteriew
12-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I have a feeling that the $250,000 DrewP gave to Steve is money to be used for bail.
DrewP could have waited until he was arrested, then have given Steve power of attorney to access his accounts. But I don't think he could have gotten an equity loan for DrewP. So in order to get that amount of money together, I think DrewP did it early.

panthera
12-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a feeling that the $250,000 DrewP gave to Steve is money to be used for bail.
DrewP could have waited until he was arrested, then have given Steve power of attorney to access his accounts. But I don't think he could have gotten an equity loan for DrewP. So in order to get that amount of money together, I think DrewP did it early.
Oh, I hadn't thought about him planning ahead for bail! :doh:

philamena
12-15-2007, 09:46 PM
It doesn't really matter how one looks at it.....funneling money to one's son the day one's wife goes missing fails the smell test.

panthera
12-15-2007, 09:48 PM
It doesn't really matter how one looks at it.....funneling money to one's son the day one's wife goes missing fails the smell test.
You're exactly right! It does look fishy but I'm sure he'd have a ready answer for it! :liar:

i.b.nora
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately, the Herald News does not keep articles longer than thirty days.

There is a full copy of the article located here, scroll down just a bit:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/joliet-il/TFTQ3S43ARP04A3AN/p3

Littledeer
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
It still all goes back to the original $25,000. that DP said Stacy took on 10/29 when she left (according to DP). (If it was the 28th, someone shoot me, I should know by this time!)

Why not $30,000 or $20,000??

And as pathera said: DP has an excuse for it. Wonder if Brodsky has the same one?? LOL

To me, that was the start of monies being moved, used, etc. Or, as was once discussed, it was the money that was paid to someone to help DP in the removal of barrels, containers, evidence, etc.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 10:29 PM
It still all goes back to the original $25,000. that DP said Stacy took on 10/29 when she left (according to DP). (If it was the 28th, someone shoot me, I should know by this time!)

And as pathera said: DP has an excuse for it. Wonder if Brodsky has the same one?? LOL

To me, that was the start of monies being moved, used, etc. Or, as was once discussed, it was the money that was paid to someone to help DP in the removal of barrels, containers, evidence, etc.
Well all we have to do is get one of the handwriting experts to verify her signature on a check or withdrawal slip. They do it on the daytime court shows all the time.

panthera
12-15-2007, 10:38 PM

Now, my memory needs refreshing, but I thought he said she took the money out of the house, like a home safe? It's a good point about the amount, but ever since the story about Tom Morphey came out moving the containers I thought it went to him and DP was just saying Stacy took it.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Now, my memory needs refreshing, but I thought he said she took the money out of the house, like a home safe? It's a good point about the amount, but ever since the story about Tom Morphey came out moving the containers I thought it went to him and DP was just saying Stacy took it.
That makes more sense than taking money out of the bank, no tracing a lie. Now that you mention this, I do seem to recall something about this. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.

panthera
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
That makes more sense than taking money out of the bank, no tracing a lie. Now that you mention this, I do seem to recall something about this. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.
I could be wrong but I just don't remember anything mentioned about a bank withdrawl for the $25,000 and that definitely could be traced as to who withdrew it and when. ;)

Tom'sGirl
12-15-2007, 11:05 PM
I could be wrong but I just don't remember anything mentioned about a bank withdrawl for the $25,000 and that definitely could be traced as to who withdrew it and when. ;)

I remember it being mentioned that the money had been in the safe at home. Some had questioned whether Stacy knew the combination or not. It was discussed at some lengh on GretaWire and elsewhere. It was also mentioned that some thought it was a lot of money to just have on hand.

panthera
12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I remember it being mentioned that the money had been in the safe at home. Some had questioned whether Stacy knew the combination or not. It was discussed at some lengh on GretaWire and elsewhere. It was also mentioned that some thought it was a lot of money to just have on hand.
Thanks :) it's been a while since that money was discussed and I too thought it very odd to have that amount of cash in the house and some had even speculated it came from drugs while he was working narcotics (before we learned how much he got from Kathleen's death).

thesleuther
12-15-2007, 11:16 PM
The only reason I can think of for an average person to have $25,000 in cash at home is that it's money you don't want anyone to know about.....like Uncle Sam. This is what doesn't pass the smell test. Bail money? I question whether Drew will get bail, especially if the prosecution presents evidence of both wives' murders.

panthera
12-15-2007, 11:21 PM
The only reason I can think of for an average person to have $25,000 in cash at home is that it's money you don't want anyone to know about.....like Uncle Sam. This is what doesn't pass the smell test. Bail money? I question whether Drew will get bail, especially if the prosecution presents evidence of both wives' murders.
That's a good point, but now everyone knows about it! I still think it's a good possibility it really was in the house but used to pay off someone so he said Stacy took it, and it was an attempt to try to convince the public that she'd really run off (like she wouldn't need to access bank accounts since she had that much cash).

cricket
12-15-2007, 11:29 PM

Since 9/11, I know several people who keep cash available just in case they can't get to their money in the bank. I don't think keeping cash around is that suspicious, what's hinky to me is that Drew HAS SO MUCH money; cops usually don't make tons of money.

What I found interesting in that article about the will linked above, is that it was written in CAPITAL letters. IIRC it's hard to do handwriting analysis when something is in caps.

thesleuther
12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Since 9/11, I know several people who keep cash available just in case they can't get to their money in the bank. I don't think keeping cash around is that suspicious, what's hinky to me is that Drew HAS SO MUCH money; cops usually don't make tons of money.

What I found interesting in that article about the will linked above, is that it was written in CAPITAL letters. IIRC it's hard to do handwriting analysis when something is in caps.
Yes, it's the amount that is so suspicious.

Also, are you sure about the CAPITAL letters making it hard to do handwriting analysis? I've never heard that.

BarnGoddess
12-15-2007, 11:37 PM

Also, are you sure about the CAPITAL letters making it hard to do handwriting analysis? I've never heard that.
Some people do print in all Caps. We just need to know if it was a habit of Kathleen's or is standard for Drew? Getting copies of letters and handwritten notes on greeting cards to her family and copies of his official police reports would certainly give a clue, IMO.

cricket
12-15-2007, 11:41 PM

No, I'm not sure - I just seem to remember hearing that or reading that.

cricket
12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Some people do print in all Caps. We just need to know if it was a habit of Kathleen's or is standard for Drew? Getting copies of letters and handwritten notes on greeting cards to her family and copies of his official police reports would certainly give a clue, IMO.

I sue hope that LE is NOW looking into all this, since they didn't investigate it when they should have. It's also suspicious that the witnesses were friends of DP's. And the executor I think was DPs uncle.

Liz
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread. But darn, with all that money, why in the hell did he open a website to help pay for his legal defense? What a greedy SOB!

And why isn't he collecting (or donating) money to help out all those neighbors he was whining about losing their homes????

Liz
12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Hmmmm Steve was off work from October 27th thru November 20th? That seems pretty suspicious in itself, does it not?

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't read the entire thread. But darn, with all that money, why in the hell did he open a website to help pay for his legal defense? What a greedy SOB!

And why isn't he collecting (or donating) money to help out all those neighbors he was whining about losing their homes????

Yes, GREEDY!!! I believe I heard him say that he shouldn't have to lose all his assets defending himself. WHY NOT??? YOU caused all this, Drew. Why should anyone else have to pay for it?

Yeah, collect money to help all those neighbors losing their homes....right Mr. Narcissist!

curiositycat
12-16-2007, 10:54 AM
I was thinking of other "expensive" toys I wanted to add to my original post on this thread.
Did you get a load of that RV parked in his backyard. It looks like a rock bands' tour bus.
Motorcycles. Big Expensive ones.
Above Ground Pool
Looks like he had a lust for the biggest and best of everything. Sort-of like "the one who dies with the most toys wins" It seems to be with him the more expensive and the younger the better.
Too many toys for a hard working cop. Unless he is mortgaged to the hilt. I bet a buck he isn't.
If I was looking for a weakness in him to exploit it would be his computer knowledge. He is not a geek for sure. The computers that are missing are not the type techies buy.

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I was thinking of other "expensive" toys I wanted to add to my original post on this thread.
Did you get a load of that RV parked in his backyard. It looks like a rock bands' tour bus.
Motorcycles. Big Expensive ones.
Above Ground Pool
Looks like he had a lust for the biggest and best of everything. Sort-of like "the one who dies with the most toys wins" It seems to be with him the more expensive and the younger the better.
Too many toys for a hard working cop. Unless he is mortgaged to the hilt. I bet a buck he isn't.
If I was looking for a weakness in him to exploit it would be his computer knowledge. He is not a geek for sure. The computers that are missing are not the type techies buy.

At the presser, it was stated that computer forensics will play a big role in this case.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Drew's house was paid for..until he wrote a check to Steve drawn on a home equity line of credit. So he really wanted for Steve to have that money at his disposal in case he was/is arrested..my opinion only. He sure does need to sell the RV, and bikes , the ultra light, etc and then lets not forget he probably has a stash of money somewhere from all his ill gotten gains..shaking down dealers, selling personal info, etc. That money most likely is not in a bank account because that would have drawn the IRS attention big time on a cops salary.

Interestingly when I was checking out the different cast of characters with the last names Morphy and Peterson, I came across an trust listed as the two last names together. That is one way cash wealthy people use to place cash and then run all the holdings etc through the trust. Don't know in this case but my bet is Drew has some money and a hand in setting that up.

DeltaDawn
12-16-2007, 11:22 AM
At the presser, it was stated that computer forensics will play a big role in this case.

I remember that too SuzyQ..they were even explaining how things that people think they have totally erased off their hard drive can be retrieved now. So even if Drew thought he had erased info on the computer more then likely it can still be retrieved. Let's hope Stacy kept more then class notes and school work on hers.

cheko1
12-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I remember that too SuzyQ..they were even explaining how things that people think they have totally erased off their hard drive can be retrieved now. So even if Drew thought he had erased info on the computer more then likely it can still be retrieved. Let's hope Stacy kept more then class notes and school work on hers.

He is such a schmuck I hope he is arrested soon!

biggirl
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I am sorry if this has already been answered, but did I hear somewhere that DP got a lot of money from Kathleen's death? Did I also hear he owned or partially owned a bar?

mysteriew
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Money Moved? 'Truth Will Come Out,' Peterson Says
Husband of Missing Woman Tells ABC News Facts Casting Suspicion on Him Are 'Losing Credibility'
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4005738&page=1

DEPUTYDAWG
12-16-2007, 01:03 PM

Hi Cricket,

Just chiming in...in the "olden days" LOL, most LE agencies required all case reports to be written in all caps. In most academies and training, all handwritten reports are done in all capital letters. I'd expect most agencies still require that for any case reports not done on a computer. I'm not talking about jail booking forms, DWI forms, etc., but the actual case reports. Therefore, it's a habit many LE carry over to their private lives.

Just FYI.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM

From what I've read, Stacy had an Apple laptop that is missing. That may contain very interesting information if it is ever found.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I am sorry if this has already been answered, but did I hear somewhere that DP got a lot of money from Kathleen's death? Did I also hear he owned or partially owned a bar?

Without looking for it, my recollection is that there were three life insurance policies specified in the will: $100,000; $125,000; and one for over $300,000 with a bank as beneficiary to pay off the bar they owned which then Drew inherited. That's over half a million. Undoubtedly, he got the proceeds from her house plus whatever equity was already in the bar. So, it could be close to a million depending on the mortgage that was on the home (probably worth over $200,000). Then there was a life insurance policy for a million on which Kathleen (unbeknown to Drew) had changed the beneficiary from Drew to her children. That money was then put into a trust for her two children. So, Drew made out well with Kathleen's death.

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi Cricket,

Just chiming in...in the "olden days" LOL, most LE agencies required all case reports to be written in all caps. In most academies and training, all handwritten reports are done in all capital letters. I'd expect most agencies still require that for any case reports not done on a computer. I'm not talking about jail booking forms, DWI forms, etc., but the actual case reports. Therefore, it's a habit many LE carry over to their private lives.

Just FYI.

Now THAT is interesting. So we can probably assume that Drew, being a LE officer, wrote that will and not Kathleen. I wonder if her signature is really hers.

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 01:59 PM
From what I've read, Stacy had an Apple laptop that is missing. That may contain very interesting information if it is ever found.

I know I keep saying this, but I really really hope it had a anti theft tracking device on it!

SuziQ
12-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Without looking for it, my recollection is that there were three life insurance policies specified in the will: $100,000; $125,000; and one for over $300,000 with a bank as beneficiary to pay off the bar they owned which then Drew inherited. That's over half a million. Undoubtedly, he got the proceeds from her house plus whatever equity was already in the bar. So, it could be close to a million depending on the mortgage that was on the home (probably worth over $200,000). Then there was a life insurance policy for a million on which Kathleen (unbeknown to Drew) had changed the beneficiary from Drew to her children. That money was then put into a trust for her two children. So, Drew made out well with Kathleen's death.

What's interesting is, Kathleen's nephew has stated that there were insurance policies on Kathleen that she didn't know about. If that's true then her signature was forged on them.

DEPUTYDAWG
12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Now THAT is interesting. So we can probably assume that Drew, being a LE officer, wrote that will and not Kathleen. I wonder if her signature is really hers.

My exact thoughts :cool:

cricket
12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
My exact thoughts :cool:

Mine too.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
What's interesting is, Kathleen's nephew has stated that there were insurance policies on Kathleen that she didn't know about. If that's true then her signature was forged on them.

Whoa, didn't know that....but then again, I wouldn't put anything past slimy Drew.

thesleuther
12-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Wow, I'll bet that's being analyzed or will be soon. The will should be filed and should be public information. Drew will probably end up in prison on something....hopefully for murder but if he can't be prosecuted there, maybe on shady dealings. You just know that this guy has been shady in every aspect of his life.

savannahanna
12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
It will be interesting to compare-hope this is followed up. I know that most men in official capacities print, block letters or small but women I believe use handwriting-probably because it comes easier than printing for us.
Savannahanna:)

panthera
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes that's true and it seems to explain the money he has for his expensive toys. :)

panthera
12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Cricket,

Just FYI.
You're absolutely right and it does seem more in line with DP drafting the Will than Kathleen printing like that.

Tom'sGirl
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM
You're absolutely right and it does seem more in line with DP drafting the Will than Kathleen printing like that.
At some point in all the reading about Kathleen I seem to remember that she had/was an accountant, or bookkeeper.

Many of such vocations often do print, so I'm sure they will have plenty of material to compare the will to.

panthera
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
At some point in all the reading about Kathleen I seem to remember that she had/was an accountant, or bookkeeper.

Many of such vocations often do print, so I'm sure they will have plenty of material to compare the will to.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that part, just that it's more common for someone in LE to print in capital letters. It is still kind of odd to me that the Will turned up a year after she died and it was handwritten and not from a lawyer.

DEPUTYDAWG
12-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh, I hadn't thought of that part, just that it's more common for someone in LE to print in capital letters. It is still kind of odd to me that the Will turned up a year after she died and it was handwritten and not from a lawyer.

Oh no, LOL...a battle of the capital letters analysis. They could still be very distinct. Mine looked way different than my hubby's. Let's hope Drew and Kathleen wrote significantly different.

DeltaDawn
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Or maybe a third party was enlisted to write the will in all caps.

panthera
12-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Oh no, LOL...a battle of the capital letters analysis. They could still be very distinct. Mine looked way different than my hubby's. Let's hope Drew and Kathleen wrote significantly different.
Oh, ok, I'll wait for Mark to determine who wrote, er, I mean, printed it! :D

BarnGoddess
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Regardless of who actually "wrote" the will, the big question is why a supposed joint will wasn't "discovered" until a year later?

DEPUTYDAWG
12-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh, ok, I'll wait for Mark to determine who wrote, er, I mean, printed it! :D

:woohoo: Me too!

DEPUTYDAWG
12-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Regardless of who actually "wrote" the will, the big question is why a supposed joint will wasn't "discovered" until a year later?

Yes, you are absolutely correct, BG.
Why didn't Drew submit it earlier? It's difficult to figure this guy's brain out, sometimes. For so many reasons, I hope there's a trial with him as defendant in Kathleen's death, and unfortunately, probably Stacy's. And a minor benefit to a trial should be all the details as to timeline and what he was doing and when. He'll make a great case study, IMO.

Class-z
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Geraldo just brought up something interesting about the money ~ that this was in a joint account and why didn't Stacy take the money with her if she really did run away? That she didn't makes it look even more like foul play. Geraldo's also saying that the money had come from the insurance settlements after Kathleen's death.

I wrote Greta an e-mail from day one and said, "follow the money" It just seemed to me, that Mr. Peterson had too many toys for a cop's salary.

He also said that Stacey took $25,000.00 from a safe in the home. Who keeps that kind of cash around, and how would he have all this money floating around?

panthera
12-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I wrote Greta an e-mail from day one and said, "follow the money" It just seemed to me, that Mr. Peterson had too many toys for a cop's salary.

He also said that Stacey took $25,000.00 from a safe in the home. Who keeps that kind of cash around, and how would he have all this money floating around?
He did get money from Kathleen's insurance and the bar, but still I can't see either someone keeping "legitimate" money in that amount in a home safe instead of the bank where it could earn interest.

SeriouslySearching
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh, I hadn't thought of that part, just that it's more common for someone in LE to print in capital letters. It is still kind of odd to me that the Will turned up a year after she died and it was handwritten and not from a lawyer.Just suppose Kathleen had a gun to her head when she was writing it out? She might purposefully have written it different than she normally would to show her duress. (A lawyer would not have been included for this reason. He would have asked Kathleen questions.)

About the will not surfacing for a year, maybe Drew was afraid to bring it out too soon after her death in case someone became suspicious and asked more questions about her manner of death.

panthera
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Just suppose Kathleen had a gun to her head when she was writing it out? She might purposefully have written it different than she normally would to show her duress. (A lawyer would not have been included for this reason. He would have asked Kathleen questions.)

About the will not surfacing for a year, maybe Drew was afraid to bring it out too soon after her death in case someone became suspicious and asked more questions about her manner of death.
That's a good possibility too, that he forced her to write it. I wish I remembered exactly when he received the insurance money. Was it after the Will was submitted?

CW
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Another sick ploy Drew and JB are trying to pull right before our eyes in JB statement that he is demanding a special prosecutor, stating they want to find out who is leaking out info from the GJ investigation. DOhhhhh..Drew and JB, Ric Mims told that to the media way before, Drews son took the stand on the GJ.IMO

chicoliving
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
What do they think has been leaked from the grand jury? Anyone that has testified in front of the grand jury can say what they like, they are not under any gag order or anything. It seems that anything Ric, Steve or other principles have said to the media wouldn't qualify as this "leak" so I wonder what info has them all astir??

panthera
12-17-2007, 02:59 PM
What do they think has been leaked from the grand jury? Anyone that has testified in front of the grand jury can say what they like, they are not under any gag order or anything. It seems that anything Ric, Steve or other principles have said to the media wouldn't qualify as this "leak" so I wonder what info has them all astir??
It could be they're just paranoid. ;)

Squishified
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
To whoever is leaking the info I say "Keep leaking, please!"

CW
12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Chicoliving I agree with your post 110% you stated it so much better then I did. I believe one thing that is making Drew nervous is that he is afraid the longer that they investigate into his past the more information they are going to recover in his illegal activitys.

panthera
12-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Chicoliving I agree with your post 110% you stated it so much better then I did. I believe one thing that is making Drew nervous is that he is afraid the longer that they investigate into his past the more information they are going to recover in his illegal activitys.
That's why I said that maybe they're paranoid. Something they don't want uncovered could very well come to light during the investigation. I wonder if he really thought nothing would be made of him saying Stacy left on her own? I'm sure he never dreamed that Kathleen would be exhumed and her death investigated.

CW
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Panthera I also agree with your post 110%. I believe Mark F has and is helping ISP so much in his investigation with Drew and his son.

dee10134
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM

I'd love to get my mitts on one of his PC's and see what he's got on them. (I'm a "Techie") LOL

I wonder how you get into the computer forensics field?

dee10134
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM

FYI: Just because you erase it doesn't mean it's gone. The only way for it to go buh-bye is to completely re-write the drive or to destroy the hard drive(s) either by drilling through them, burning them, or disassembling them and cracking the platters.

I've had to recover information from hard drives that the owners mistakenly formatted. It's not a fun job (very tedious) but it can be done and it's quite easy to do.

panthera
12-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Panthera I also agree with your post 110%. I believe Mark F has and is helping ISP so much in his investigation with Drew and his son.
Oh absolutely! :) I'm sure that without Mark's investigating, and Greta's coverage, this case might have not gotten the attention it has and deserves.

BarnGoddess
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
FYI: Just because you erase it doesn't mean it's gone. The only way for it to go buh-bye is to completely re-write the drive or to destroy the hard drive(s) either by drilling through them, burning them, or disassembling them and cracking the platters.

I've had to recover information from hard drives that the owners mistakenly formatted. It's not a fun job (very tedious) but it can be done and it's quite easy to do.
Dee, if you do replace a hard drive in a computer, do you get a message that says something like, the case has been opened? One of the computers at work had some boards replaced, mother board I think, and every time you powered it up you'd get that message. If he tampered with the computers, could an expert tell?

curiositycat
12-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd love to get my mitts on one of his PC's and see what he's got on them. (I'm a "Techie") LOL

I wonder how you get into the computer forensics field?

I mentioned on a thread yesterday that DP is not a techie. I could tell that by the list of computers. I was married to a techie and they have to have the best that money can buy, IMHO.

I hate to keep saying this but in my mind DP is a Tony Soprano wannabe.

He's got a lot of "street smarts" but that's about it.

mysteriew
12-17-2007, 06:23 PM

The only thing that I am aware of that leaked is that DrewP took the 5th during the Grand Jury. I think that came from an unnamed source. I have a feeling it might have come from Mims, but I am not sure.

DeltaDawn
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
The only thing that I am aware of that leaked is that DrewP took the 5th during the Grand Jury. I think that came from an unnamed source. I have a feeling it might have come from Mims, but I am not sure.

Since there is no gag order on this case anything anyone says is not a leak..it's part of everyday business..they can go home and tell their neighbor that I said this today at the Gj hearing. The rules don't say that a person testifying at the GJ can't tell anyone else what they said. So leaks from the GJ are implausible at this point.

This is just another tactic by Brodsky and friends that will not pan out anymore then their trying to retrieve evidence already in the prosecutions hands... guns, cars, computers.

SuziQ
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Remember way back when this case started, Drew said that Stacy took a bikini, 25K from the safe and the Deed to the house. I wonder how the Deed was supposed to play out?

Tom'sGirl
12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Remember way back when this case started, Drew said that Stacy took a bikini, 25K from the safe and the Deed to the house. I wonder how the Deed was supposed to play out?
I sure do remember about the will SQ, and yet no one has mentioned it.

mysteriew
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Since there is no gag order on this case anything anyone says is not a leak..it's part of everyday business..they can go home and tell their neighbor that I said this today at the Gj hearing. The rules don't say that a person testifying at the GJ can't tell anyone else what they said. So leaks from the GJ are implausible at this point.

This is just another tactic by Brodsky and friends that will not pan out anymore then their trying to retrieve evidence already in the prosecutions hands... guns, cars, computers.

The GJ jury and the prosecutors, judge, baliffs and anyone in the court room other than the witness is not allowed to talk about what they hear in the GJ. The witness who is testifying can talk about what they said, but no one else is allowed to. So JAB and DrewP are saying that the alleged "leak" came from the Grand Jury. IMO, I think DrewP told someone what he said, and that person then talked about him taking the 5th.

Pharlap
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM

Right on. Truth has a way of coming out...Wasn't Stacy.

Anyone feel that the people that donated money to Drew's fund really got taken to the cleaners by this limeball?

robthomaseyes
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Anyone feel that the people that donated money to Drew's fund really got taken to the cleaners by this limeball?

Oh, absolutely, and if he really IS going to Disney (where did you all hear about that), then people should be ashamed b/c that's really what they were financing.

SuziQ
12-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, absolutely, and if he really IS going to Disney (where did you all hear about that), then people should be ashamed b/c that's really what they were financing.

I saw posters discussing the Disney trip at Greta.

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Ah yes, the deed to the house........he took out the home equity loan to keep Stacy from doing it.......riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....now it all makes sense. He's so dumb that he thinks that the very act of taking the money from the home equity line of credit somehow validates the lie about Stacy taking the deed to the house. Therefore, she had to have just taken off like he said. AMAZING!

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Yes, but I'm laughing.......what's a "limeball?'' Never mind, I know what you meant, but it's so funny.....limeball......

SuziQ
12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Drew is caught in a lie if he claims Stacy took the Deed to the house. If a bank extended an open line of credit for Drew and Stacy, the kind where you can just write a check, then the bank would hold the Deed.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/homeline/

Tom'sGirl
12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I saw posters discussing the Disney trip at Greta.
Yes, in fact this was posted as a question last Sunday

Comment by Walt Ruch December 16th, 2007 at 10:36 pm
Can anyone confirm?

Is it true that Sgt. Peterson is taking the four kids to Disney World over Christmas, staying at the Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, leaving Chicago at 8:25 AM on 12/21 on American Airlines #1772 and returning on 12/27?

robthomaseyes
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Drew is caught in a lie if he claims Stacy took the Deed to the house. If a bank extended an open line of credit for Drew and Stacy, the kind where you can just write a check, then the bank would hold the Deed.

IMO, the deed lie was bizarre and I can't even begin to dream up a STUPID explanation for it, let alone a good one. This to me is more evidence that he's not a bright criminal mind.

dee10134
12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Dee, if you do replace a hard drive in a computer, do you get a message that says something like, the case has been opened? One of the computers at work had some boards replaced, mother board I think, and every time you powered it up you'd get that message. If he tampered with the computers, could an expert tell?

It depends on the type of PC. If it is a Dell or Gateway, they usually have warranties and tamper-tape on them. You'd be able to tell if the case has been opened if the tamper-tape has been removed or cut. In my experience, I have never seen a PC that actually tells you when the CASE itself has been opened, because the boards typically are never wired directly to the case.

Most newer PC's are fully upgradeable anyways so once the PC is out of warranty, a user can open the case and upgrade whatever components they'd like (motherboard, hard drives, CPU, graphics cards, drives, etc.).

If the hard drive in a PC was replaced by a pro, you wouldn't get any messages upon startup about the hard drive (HDD), because the pro would have properly set up the HDD in the system BIOS.

If replaced by a novice, there may be an error message upon start up, typically related to not setting up the HDD in the system BIOS properly, but that's nothing that a PC person, especially a LE forensics expert can't deal with.

I'd assume that LE would either set up the BIOS on the original PC to recognize the HDD or even more likely, remove the HDD entirely and put into another PC, maybe one they use exclusively for investigation. This would reduce the likelihood that the PC may have been wired to short the HDD (which could also fry it and/or corrupt sectors on the HDD, rendering them unreadable).

mysteriew
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM

Can anyone confirm?

Is it true that Sgt. Peterson is taking the four kids to Disney World over Christmas, staying at the Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, leaving Chicago at 8:25 AM on 12/21 on American Airlines #1772 and returning on 12/27?

On the one hand I can see this trip might be a chance to get the kids away from the furor for a time. OTOH I have to wonder if DrewP will come back once he leaves Chicago? What better way to run than to start with understandable reasoning?

This guy has a lot of details on the trip. Someone completely off the wall or someone close to DrewP?

dee10134
12-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I mentioned on a thread yesterday that DP is not a techie. I could tell that by the list of computers. I was married to a techie and they have to have the best that money can buy, IMHO.

I hate to keep saying this but in my mind DP is a Tony Soprano wannabe.

He's got a lot of "street smarts" but that's about it.

I ONLY build my own PC's. Depending on how cheaply I can obtain components (usually through work), I can build a super fast, custom tailored machine for less than what you can buy in the store! Sorry to brag.... LOL

Since my hubby is a gamer, he HAS to have THE BEST system or he has a hissy fit. LOL :slap: So, his PC's are usually more expensive for me to build than mine or one that I'd build for a friend.

dee10134
12-18-2007, 01:58 PM

I bet it plays out somewhere in the home equity loan scheme of things. I wonder if the company that gave him the equity loan took the deed as collateral? Is that how those home equity loans work?

Vegas Bride
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Can anyone confirm?

I stayed at the Animal Kingdom once and it would be considered a 4 star hotel, not cheap to be there during Christmas!
It was a pretty neat place to stay since there were all kinds of animals roaming around the grounds so the kids will enjoy it, to bad they can't enjoy it with their mom.

VB

SuziQ
12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
I bet it plays out somewhere in the home equity loan scheme of things. I wonder if the company that gave him the equity loan took the deed as collateral? Is that how those home equity loans work?

That's my understanding from the below link. It clearly states by having an equity line of credit, that you are in danger of losing your home if you default. I doubt the Deed was laying around the house for Stacy to take. Which wouldn't do her any good anyways with the banks name on it.

curiositycat
12-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I ONLY build my own PC's. Depending on how cheaply I can obtain components (usually through work), I can build a super fast, custom tailored machine for less than what you can buy in the store! Sorry to brag.... LOL

Since my hubby is a gamer, he HAS to have THE BEST system or he has a hissy fit. LOL :slap: So, his PC's are usually more expensive for me to build than mine or one that I'd build for a friend.

Well, good for you dee! I sure wish I had your smarts when it comes to computers. I don't think DP has a lot of money in computers. It appears that he only had the "basics" for his kids. What do you think?;)

DeltaDawn
12-18-2007, 03:21 PM
You know I read that at Greta about Drew taking the kids to Disney over the holiday. But I also read at either Greta or findstacy that he was leaving the kids with a relative as soon school was out and he was going on vacation. Now that I might believe because Drew needs to have his lady friends around and right now I doubt that he has much opportunity for that. Also maybe he feels if he goes to another state or country no one will recognize him..so he might have a little more luck finding a friend..get lucky so to speak.

DeltaDawn
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
That's my understanding from the below link. It clearly states by having an equity line of credit, that you are in danger of losing your home if you default. I doubt the Deed was laying around the house for Stacy to take. Which wouldn't do her any good anyways with the banks name on it.

I know when we had a line of credit that you're not charged until you do write a check on the line of credit, but then the interest starts being charged too. So why pay interest to hide money from your wife.

Secondly you would need to show them as leins on the property..so there would be no clear deed to the house.

And third you also would need to contact your insurance company (homeowners) or they will contact you too..because they need to show that there is a lien on the house to this mortgage co. Consequently that even makes your homeowners insurance increase..the more debt yuo have the more the homeowners insur will cost you. So all in all that was not a wise financial move just to keep money from Stacy.

indallas2
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I stayed at the Animal Kingdom once and it would be considered a 4 star hotel, not cheap to be there during Christmas!
It was a pretty neat place to stay since there were all kinds of animals roaming around the grounds so the kids will enjoy it, to bad they can't enjoy it with their mom.

VB

Also, being the Disney freak that I am I know that Disney World fills up fast during the Christmas season - I wouldn't think you could get any reservations in a deluxe hotel for Christmas unless you booked MONTHS ago.

In fact, I just went and tried to get a room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - it's full and I'm sure it has been for months.

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........like someone else said, I hope LE is watching him, something tells me he's planning on skipping out.

SeriouslySearching
12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
If LE didn't have a tail on him the first 3 days of his "vacation" right after Stacy's disappearance, I would hope they definitely track him now.

Can't they tell Drew he isn't allowed to leave the state since he has been identified as a suspect?

DeltaDawn
12-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Maybe Mrs Drew number 5 is waiting in the wings for a Christmas affair of sorts. He can't flaunt her around BB or even Chcago for that matter..so maybe the kids with relatives are going to Disney and Drew and his lady friend are going somewhere else. Or maybe the lady friend is meeting Drew and his family there..anything is possible with this man.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dateline didn't hook him up with tickets or one of the other stations. Actually it sounds more like something Geraldo would do..maybe that was the payment for the exclusive interview he gave Geraldo?

robthomaseyes
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
If LE didn't have a tail on him the first 3 days of his "vacation" right after Stacy's disappearance, I would hope they definitely track him now.

Can't they tell Drew he isn't allowed to leave the state since he has been identified as a suspect?

Legally, could they stop him from getting on a plane if he's not been charged with anything? If he hopped a plane out of country, would they be able to stop it??

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Legally, could they stop him from getting on a plane if he's not been charged with anything? If he hopped a plane out of country, would they be able to stop it??

If he still has his passport, I don't think they can stop him. I believe he's free to move about the country and to leave it if he pleases. JMO

Taximom
12-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Can anyone confirm?

How interesting that there's so much detail given here. Either it's a bluff to see how many reporters flood the airport, or someone wants him watched!

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Remember, they were following Scott Peterson and were afraid that he was about to leave the country - this was AFTER the bodies had washed ashore but BEFORE the DNA results were back. And they did arrest him just hours before the results were back. I think that by the time he arrived at the jail back in Modesto that the results confirmed the bodies were Laci and Connor. So, they knew Scott's whereabouts and he was free to move about until the actual arrest.

panthera
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
How interesting that there's so much detail given here. Either it's a bluff to see how many reporters flood the airport, or someone wants him watched!
And that's about the very last thing anyone working at the airport wants on the busiest travel weekend of the year. I can't believe anyone published that whether it's a bluff or not! :eek:

Taximom
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Remember, they were following Scott Peterson and were afraid that he was about to leave the country - this was AFTER the bodies had washed ashore but BEFORE the DNA results were back. And they did arrest him just hours before the results were back. I think that by the time he arrived at the jail back in Modesto that the results confirmed the bodies were Laci and Connor. So, they knew Scott's whereabouts and he was free to move about until the actual arrest.

Scott was still in CA though. There will be multiple jurisdictions involved if/when he travels to FL. Who's in charge of watching him then? If they follow him at all....

Ugh, I feel so sorry for anyone that will be anywhere near him that week, if this is true.

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
panthera:

I can't believe anyone published that whether it's a bluff or not! :eek:

I agree!!! If it's true, the information should have been given to LE only. IMO, DP is being watched every second, but, people have GOT TO REMEMBER, there are kids who live with him and consider him to be their "Daddy" and they are not old enough to understand why "Mommy" is not with them. (Yes, we know, BUT THEY DON'T).

If DP wants to take them to Disney World, all that was necessary, was as I said before, the flight information only needed to go to the LE/FBI.

As much as I want DP behind bars, as long as he has the kids, their safety both mentally and physically are first. Again, REMEMBER they do not know what the majority of the world know. (that their father could have possibly taken both of their mothers away from them). Kathy and Stacy.

Anyone following the Janet Aruba thread?? Just as frustrating, as kids are involved there too.

Tom'sGirl
12-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Scott was still in CA though. There will be multiple jurisdictions involved if/when he travels to FL. Who's in charge of watching him then? If they follow him at all....

Ugh, I feel so sorry for anyone that will be anywhere near him that week, if this is true.
Exactly, if it's true. That poster has posted some really 'off-the-wall' things over at GretaWire, so who knows if what he posted is fact.

I would hope that if it is true that perhaps DP's brother and sister in-law will be accompanying them.

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Yes, that's true about Scott still being in California. The only point I was trying to make was that Scott was free to roam about, even once the bodies had been found. I honestly don't know - any lawyers posting? - whether they could prevent him from travelling. He hasn't been charged with anything, and I have to say, it's a free country and I really don't they can prevent him from going. AND, I'm one who thinks he is guilty of both Kathleen's murder and Stacy's, but unless he is charged, he should be free to come and go as he pleases.

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
sleuther:

IMO, he is FREE to come and go. Which is why I wrote what I did up above.

With no charges against him, he is considered a free person. Now, I have heard in other cases, where they have stopped someone from leaving the jurisdiction if they feel that they are a flight risk. Only someone with knowledge in the law, would know the answer to this.

Is DP considered a flight risk? If so, can he be restricted to stay in the local area?

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Exactly, if it's true. That poster has posted some really 'off-the-wall' things over at GretaWire, so who knows if what he posted is fact.

I would hope that if it is true that perhaps DP's brother and sister in-law will be accompanying them.

You responded to a post by TaxiMom who quoted my post.

I am going to have to take exception to your post as you seem to be saying that I posted some really 'off-the-wall' things over at GretaWire. I have NEVER posted at Greta Wire, and I do not say 'off-the-wall' things. Further, I'm not a "he" I'm a "she."

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM

sleuther:

IMO, he is FREE to come and go. Which is why I wrote what I did up above.

With no charges against him, he is considered a free person. Now, I have heard in other cases, where they have stopped someone from leaving the jurisdiction if they feel that they are a flight risk. Only someone with knowledge in the law, would know the answer to this.

Is DP considered a flight risk? If so, can he be restricted to stay in the local area?

LittleDeer - I am simply not qualified to answer about the flight risk. I think I have heard that used when defendants are asking for bail and prosecutors are trying to get the judge to deny it. Also, when people are granted bail, sometimes they can't leave the state without permission, etc. But, I still think that in this case since he hasn't been charged with anything, that he can go to Disney World if he chooses. It would be interesting to know if LE considers him a flight risk. It would be pretty tough for a man with 4 kids to be on the run (chuckle), but I suppose with the older 2, he could just leave....

Tom'sGirl
12-18-2007, 10:06 PM
You responded to a post by TaxiMom who quoted my post.

I am going to have to take exception to your post as you seem to be saying that I posted some really 'off-the-wall' things over at GretaWire. I have NEVER posted at Greta Wire, and I do not say 'off-the-wall' things. Further, I'm not a "he" I'm a "she."
Please read the original post regarding where the DisneyWorld trip was posted.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1858306&postcount=114

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Please read the original post regarding where the DisneyWorld trip was posted.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1858306&postcount=114

You quoted a post that answered my post - not a post regarding Disney World. I'll say it again, I have NEVER posted at Greta Wire

SuziQ
12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
You quoted a post that answered my post - not a post regarding Disney World. I'll say it again, I have NEVER posted at Greta Wire

Chill, she's talking about the poster at Greta, not you.

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Chill, she's talking about the poster at Greta, not you.

Then she should have taken the time to say exactly what she meant instead of sullying my name.

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
thanks sleuther for the reply.

Now that I think about it more, your right. It has been in the area of bail, etc. where the words "flight risk" come in.

So, IMO, he is free to take the kids to Disney World. Your right, with 4 kids it would be hard to "run off", but...............it's done every day in domestic situations. (granted, not with 4, but still done)

As I pointed out, DP's face is known pretty much, so even in Florida, it's not like he is going to walk around with a bandana around his face (ha ha), so he will be noticed and watched like a hawk from people that don't even know him.

For the kids, let him go.............for the kids safety and him not trying to leave the country, etc. (have a tail on him). I am assuming that since DP was not the main caretaker, that he is taking someone else or more to help him out with the kids. (I am guessing his mother, Steve C. and wife)

ALL SAID, IMO only.

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
TIME OUT

TOM'S GIRL AND SLEUTHER!!

YOU BOTH POST TOO MANY GOOD POSTS!!!!!!

DANG IT, I can't get those hugs and kisses icon here.

Ok...............xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox (just pretend)

SuziQ
12-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Thesleuther, The above in red bold is what she was responding to. I got that, I think everyone else did. Sometimes the quotes don't quote correctly. It's a system glich and causes confusion at times. She was never sullying your name.

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:19 PM
thanks sleuther for the reply.

Now that I think about it more, your right. It has been in the area of bail, etc. where the words "flight risk" come in.

So, IMO, he is free to take the kids to Disney World. Your right, with 4 kids it would be hard to "run off", but...............it's done every day in domestic situations. (granted, not with 4, but still done)

As I pointed out, DP's face is known pretty much, so even in Florida, it's not like he is going to walk around with a bandana around his face (ha ha), so he will be noticed and watched like a hawk from people that don't even know him.

For the kids, let him go.............for the kids safety and him not trying to leave the country, etc. (have a tail on him). I am assuming that since DP was not the main caretaker, that he is taking someone else or more to help him out with the kids. (I am guessing his mother, Steve C. and wife)

ALL SAID, IMO only.

You know, if he takes other adults, it would make it easier for him to run. But, at this time, I don't really see him as a flight risk. LE doesn't have a body in the SP case, and from what we know now, even if the phone records show that SP tried to call Drew all night and KS's death was conclusively a murder, I don't know if that's really enough to convict. So, right now it looks to me like Drew is not going to be arrested soon. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be reasonable. If we were to take a poll, most of think he's guilty of at least 2 murders. But, would we convict on a jury? So, bottom line, I don't see him running right now.

Taximom
12-18-2007, 10:26 PM
thesleuther, I knew who Tom'sGirl meant too. Not you! The poster at Greta's. In fact I googled his nick/name to see if I could find out more about him. Interesting search, but not worthy of posting anything here about him.

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Thesleuther, The above in red bold is what she was responding to. I got that, I think everyone else did. Sometimes the quotes don't quote correctly. It's a system glich and causes confusion at times. She was never sullying your name.

She responded to a post which responded to mine. I think enough has been said. I made my point. I don't post off-the-wall comments and I don't post at Greta Wire.

chicoliving
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Glad thats settled! No personal attack just a misunderstanding. phew

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
chico:

ditto! phew! or woo hoo!

LOL

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't see him running either. At least not with any children. By himself, absolutely!! (remember, he still has a stashed motorcyle somewhere,) but LOL, not going far in the wintry weather!!!

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't see him running either. At least not with any children. By himself, absolutely!! (remember, he still has a stashed motorcyle somewhere,) but LOL, not going far in the wintry weather!!!

I don't see him running right now, but I must admit, the money funneled to Steve could be the beginning of a run. If he starts liquidating assets such as the RV, motorcycles, and the other things, then I think LE should be concerned. Life on the run would have to be so difficult. But, I still think that at this point, there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to be a slam dunk murder conviction. It's hard to know what's going on in his mind..is there a shred of decency left? Would he really take all his children's assets in order to run? I wouldn't rule it out in the future, but I just don't see it right now.

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I woud never rule it out where DP is concerned. Which is why I stated that sinceI don't believe that he can be held strictly to the Chicago area, that IF he went to Floriday, that someone from LE/FBI should be following.

The search is still on for Stacy and the GJ has not ruled yet on the testimony they have heard. Also, Kathleen's official results from the latest exhumation have not been disclosed.

He might not be a "flight risk" in the legal sense, but he is in a moral sense where a human being feels that everything is closing in around them.

So the question really is here, is DP taking the kids to Disney World as a "father" who wants to give them some happiness after everything they have gone through this past month or as a manulipative person who feels the "closing in around him", and trying to get away??

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
I woud never rule it out where DP is concerned. Which is why I stated that sinceI don't believe that he can be held strictly to the Chicago area, that IF he went to Floriday, that someone from LE/FBI should be following.

The search is still on for Stacy and the GJ has not ruled yet on the testimony they have heard. Also, Kathleen's official results from the latest exhumation have not been disclosed.

He might not be a "flight risk" in the legal sense, but he is in a moral sense where a human being feels that everything is closing in around them.

So the question really is here, is DP taking the kids to Disney World as a "father" who wants to give them some happiness after everything they have gone through this past month or as a manulipative person who feels the "closing in around him", and trying to get away??

When I heard he was taking them to Orlando, my first thought was that thought it would be their last Christmas together and he wanted them to fondly remember good ol' Dad - of course when they find out he murdered their mother, they may think differently.

philamena
12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I personally hope he isn't allowed to leave the state.
He is a huge flight risk imo. Any man who has 2 dead wives should be watched like a hawk.
Dead wives---wife #3....died a suspecious death.
wife #4....missing presumed dead.

What about wife numbers 1 and 2???

Littledeer
12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
philamena:

3?? I only know about Kathy and Stacy. Who is the third one?

thesleuther
12-18-2007, 11:41 PM
He is a huge flight risk imo. Any man who has 3 dead wives should be watched like a hawk.
Oh, come on.......there are only 2 dead wives. That's just 50%, is that bad?

philamena
12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh sorry ya'll. I better go edit that. :)
I was sorta mistaken.
It was reported early in Stacey's case that his first wife died, his 3rd wife died and his 4th--Stacey-- is now missing....considered dead.
Correct or incorrect?

Tom'sGirl
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
He is a huge flight risk imo. Any man who has 2 dead wives should be watched like a hawk.
Dead wives---wife #3....died a suspecious death.
wife #4....missing presumed dead.

What about wife numbers 1 and 2???

Wife #1 Carol Brown, mother to Steve and Eric is alive and happily married

Wife #2 Victoria (Vicky) Connolly is alive and well

philamena
12-19-2007, 12:13 AM
Thank you Tom'sGirl.
I thought for certain I'd read that either wife 1 or 2 died of supposed natural causes.

Tom'sGirl
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Thank you Tom'sGirl.
I thought for certain I'd read that either wife 1 or 2 died of supposed natural causes.
Nope, just a rumor
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/08/thursday-how-crazy-can-this-business-get-dont-answer/ (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11/08/thursday-how-crazy-can-this-business-get-dont-answer/)

chicoliving
12-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Thank you Tom'sGirl.

Early on there were reports that either wife #1 or #2 had died of natural causes....it was iffy there for a few days to a week until more info came out.

Schmerty_Jones
12-19-2007, 12:23 AM
No ! Just #3 who drowned in a dry tub with head wounds ,lacerations & bruises matching a "night stick" over her body. Now # 4 who took a bikini & $25,000, but not her cell phone ,passport or any "sexied-up " clothing or called about her children. If Bolling brook or Illinois state police don't get it , Steve C. will convince them that wife#5 Begged DrewP. to kill her because it gave her a thrill. There are stupid ignorant fools around us. Let's hope the LE who serve & protect finally catch on to their responsibilities:mad: :mad:

philamena
12-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Early on there were reports that either wife #1 or #2 had died of natural causes....it was iffy there for a few days to a week until more info came out.

chicoliving,
Thanks for the reply. ;)

philamena
12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
No ! Just #3 who drowned in a dry tub with head wounds ,lacerations & bruises matching a "night stick" over her body. Now # 4 who took a bikini & $25,000, but not her cell phone ,passport or any "sexied-up " clothing or called about her children. If Bolling brook or Illinois state police don't get it , Steve C. will convince them that wife#5 Begged DrewP. to kill her because it gave her a thrill. There are stupid ignorant fools around us. Let's hope the LE who serve & protect finally catch on to their responsibilities:mad: :mad:

:woohoo:

SeriouslySearching
12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
If Drew would happen to slip off...Wow! Can you even imagine how many heads would roll and how many FBI agents (64, I believe) would be kicking themselves?! How incompetent would LE look if Drew disappeared?!

philamena
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Their LE dept would be the laughing stock of the entire country!

Schmerty_Jones
12-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Their LE dept would be the laughing stock of the entire country!
SO..OO..OO .O let's hope there is pressure to handle this efficiently & let it be a lesson to ALL dirty cops & Inefficient Police Depts.The time has come...:( :furious: :banghead: The word is out.

Taximom
12-19-2007, 01:47 AM
I don't know if this proves anything but the WBBM article says this about the transfer:
http://www.wbbm780.com/Attorney-Explains-Why-Peterson-Transferred-$200-00/1356582
Drew Peterson's lawyer acknowledges that in the days after the former police officer's wife disappeared he transferred $200,000 from a joint account the two had into one controlled by one of his sons.

==
So it's likely this was an "or" situation where he didn't need Stacy's signature. It also says "transfer" which may be different than withdrawing. Perhaps the line of credit is simply in Steve's name, therefore payments wouldn't necessarily start unless money has been withdrawn.

Maybe the house is in Steve's name now too.

nanandjim
12-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Drew always seems to be one step ahead of the law, doesn't he?

DeltaDawn
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't think you could put a line of credit in someone else's name that was tied to a mortgage on a house that was not theirs. I think he probably wrote a check on the joint line of credit and gave that to Steve.

Taximom
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
That's why I suggested the home may have been transferred to Steve as well, especially if it was paid off.

I don't know all the intimate details of mortgages and loans etc. so I really am just thinking out loud. I can't believe he'd want to start making those payments if he has actually withdrawn all that money. That's ridiculous.

Then again, maybe he figures he'll be arrested by the next payment date and it won't be his problem anymore.

robthomaseyes
12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
OMG, that might be why he made that odd comment about Stacy taking the deed...???

Maybe the son is actually holding the deed and it's been transferred to him so Drew won't lose the house. Not sure how he thought the lie about Stacy would work, though.

panthera
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't think you could put a line of credit in someone else's name that was tied to a mortgage on a house that was not theirs. I think he probably wrote a check on the joint line of credit and gave that to Steve.
I'm also wondering how his son is going to get around paying taxes on this money unless he and DP also have a joint account together?

SeriouslySearching
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Drew always seems to be one step ahead of the law, doesn't he?They are just waiting on him to trip. :rolleyes:

Tom'sGirl
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm also wondering how his son is going to get around paying taxes on this money unless he and DP also have a joint account together?

Maybe his son Stephen is Power of Attorney on the checking account which gives him the authority to write checks on the account.

philamena
12-20-2007, 12:37 AM
That is an excellent point Tom'sGirl.
Surely dectectives are watching every check drawn on that account.

panthera
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Maybe his son Stephen is Power of Attorney on the checking account which gives him the authority to write checks on the account.
You might be right. To me there has to be some way he's going to get around that showing as "income". :)

DeltaDawn
12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Actually only a portion would have be shown as income. I think this year you are allowed 12,000 per person as a gift..it may even be a little more.
So we say Drew gave this money in part to Steve as a gift for Steve, his wife, all Drew's other children that would be 72000 for the 4 kids, Steve, plus his wife. But the rest would have to be taxed. Unless he set this up as a trust..which Steve may have done.

Tom'sGirl
12-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Guess the details were off, if in fact that's where they're going.

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned what they are posting at other Forums that DP, the kids and his parents left DP's house with baggage today.

I guess we will learn soon enough as to where they're headed.

SeriouslySearching
12-22-2007, 11:53 PM

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned what they are posting at other Forums that DP, the kids and his parents left DP's house with baggage today.

I guess we will learn soon enough as to where they're headed.I think that info came from a Gretawire poster...if I am not mistaken.

Tom'sGirl
12-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I think that info came from a Gretawire poster...if I am not mistaken.
Yes, it did, from a Walter Ruch......I posted his post from GretaWire on this thread here http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1858306&postcount=114

SeriouslySearching
12-23-2007, 12:23 AM
I just don't see DP taking the kids and going to Disneyworld or Disneyland. If they did leave, they probably went to his mom's or another relative's home.

Tom'sGirl
12-23-2007, 12:35 AM
I just don't see DP taking the kids and going to Disneyworld or Disneyland. If they did leave, they probably went to his mom's or another relative's home.
I would think that's where they would be going, but if so, why were his parents there also?

I thought perhaps it was a little trip 'comped' by one of the networks if they were going to DisneyWorld. But with step-dad Morphey just recovering from heart problems wouldn't think he'd be up for such a trip.

Taximom
12-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Now it's going to bug me, but I think I remember SC saying (could have been on NG or GVS) that DP and family were going to spend some time with his family. Or was it JAB that said that? :doh:

Tom'sGirl
12-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Now it's going to bug me, but I think I remember SC saying (could have been on NG or GVS) that DP and family were going to spend some time with his family. Or was it JAB that said that? :doh:
It would seem logical to go spend some time with maybe Drew's son Steve for the holidays. If they do, hope the media doesn't merge over there and ruin it for the kids.

SeriouslySearching
12-23-2007, 02:38 AM
It would seem logical to go spend some time with maybe Drew's son Steve for the holidays. If they do, hope the media doesn't merge over there and ruin it for the kids.I agree! I hope the kids have as peaceful of a Christmas as possible. The sadness is going to be so overwhelming for the older ones, but maybe the younger ones will perk them up. It will the two year olds' first real Christmas. (Oh, Gosh..that was even hard to type while my heart breaks.)

Camper
12-23-2007, 05:52 AM
I agree! I hope the kids have as peaceful of a Christmas as possible. The sadness is going to be so overwhelming for the older ones, but maybe the younger ones will perk them up. It will the two year olds' first real Christmas. (Oh, Gosh..that was even hard to type while my heart breaks.)

--->>>I am wondering just how many 'Media' details the teens have learned or heard? What a rotten deal for those two young boys especially, to ultimately understand the whole story. The two of them will be so close FOREVER, bonded by their personal tragedy. My heart breaks for all of them, the older ones and the babies.

I would think that DP has run out of new girlfriend inventory, particularly IF IF when the GJ finishes up and official charges are made for murder. :behindbar:

SeriouslySearching
12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
To lose not one, but two mothers in a tragic circumstance will be devastating for the older boys. My heart does go out to them. My hope for them goes beyond what is happening now and what they will gain in the future. With their ages, counseling seems rather bleak. I pray they will move beyond what has happened in their lives and not take him as a role model in any way. I pray they get the counseling they need soon for as long as it can be provided.

I can't help but think that I care more about what happens to his children in the long run than he does....how sad is that?!

DeltaDawn
12-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I can't help but think that I care more about what happens to his children in the long run than he does....how sad is that?!

I think everyone cares more about those kids then Drew....and you are right SS it is very sad. To him they are mini me's that are like objects he produced and should know their place in his world is to acheive and do what he wants. He sees them only as an extention of himself, not as people in their own right. That's why he makes the comments he does about the kids..the little one's don't miss her and the older one's are going through hell because of the kids at school knowing all this. That is a projection of his own feelings on the kids...that is exactly how he feels.

SeriouslySearching
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
You are exactly right, DD! They are his mini mes. All tied to his virility and ego.

panthera
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
I think everyone cares more about those kids then Drew....and you are right SS it is very sad. To him they are mini me's that are like objects he produced and should know their place in his world is to acheive and do what he wants. He sees them only as an extention of himself, not as people in their own right. That's why he makes the comments he does about the kids..the little one's don't miss her and the older one's are going through hell because of the kids at school knowing all this. That is a projection of his own feelings on the kids...that is exactly how he feels.
I completely agree! That's why I don't think the kids are in danger of him physically hurting them because he considers them "mini-me(s)", but the emotional toll has to be horrible on them, especially Kathleen's children.

mysteriew
12-24-2007, 02:42 AM

I guess we will learn soon enough as to where they're headed.

Has anyone found out what area the parents live in or how much property they have?

mysteriew
12-24-2007, 02:46 AM

I can. I can see him rationalizing that it would get them away from media and help them to forget about their mother/s. Plus think of how it might strengthen the bond between them, if 'Daddy' takes them to a fabulous place like Disneyland and has a good time with them.

SeriouslySearching
12-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Does he really care if they have fun? He is probably going to leave the kids with someone and go take a break for himself.

Camper
12-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I remain deeply concerned about the smaller childrens welfare!!!

DP is being pushed to the wall, and I am betting he is extremely worried about his FUTURE. I don't think any of us really know what sort of behavior to expect from DP at this point.

I find the comment about spending time with 'the' family worrisome, since some of them are dead!!!

Littledeer
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
camper:

I am also worried, but DP might be involved with 2 of his wife's demise, but I think he is surrounded by too many people to do anything to his children.

Also, as hard as this is to believe, a man/female can kill another adult, but DO NOT have that same capability to harm a child. That is what I believe with DP.

I mean physically too. He has done more damage to their mental state though, and that is what I am most concerned about.

mysteriew
12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Does he really care if they have fun? He is probably going to leave the kids with someone and go take a break for himself.

Don't get me wrong. DrewP will be thinking of himself. If they have fun and forget about what is happening with their mothers, he won't have to see long faces or listen to whining. And he will also cement the relationship between himself and the kids and will have even more loyalty from them. Just in case there is something they may know that he doesn't want them to tell.

Lisa Too
12-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Don't get me wrong. DrewP will be thinking of himself. If they have fun and forget about what is happening with their mothers, he won't have to see long faces or listen to whining. And he will also cement the relationship between himself and the kids and will have even more loyalty from them. Just in case there is something they may know that he doesn't want them to tell.

That is exactly what he is trying to do. When I was going through divorce with my ex of 20 years, he fought me for custody of our two daughters. While I was working full-time and going to school to keep a roof over our heads and feed us, he worked for "himself", with a very flexible schedule. He coddled the girls, setting himself up to be the "cool dad", taking them places, playing, having a good time. After our divorce, he even drove the hour and 1/2 to our home on one daughter's 16th birthday and showed up at lunch time at the high school to make a big "show" of delivering a dozen red roses to her. He constantly made these elaborate shows of affection and made sure everyone saw it. Of course, the girls' friends were impressed and constantly told them what a "cool dad" they had.

Little did they know about what he really did behind the scenes. However, now my daughters are grown and they now see a side of him they never saw growing up. My eldest daughter felt sorry for him, because he is always broke and so she bought him a cell phone and pays his bill every month. Two months ago, she got his bill - for $700 - which she had to pay since it's in her name.

As for the other daughter, he wrote her a check for $350, to "help her out", knowing full well that there were no funds in his account. She paid a bill with the money, and when it bounced, she was left holding the bag, so to speak.

So, now he is taking advantage of his daughters.

Similarly, DP's kids will see the truth in time. However, that revelation will be a bitter pill for them to swallow and will likely leave them emotionally damaged, even further than they already have been.

TGIRecovered
12-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Dang it, aren't there any media types working in Florida today? If I were a young journalist without any children yet, I would be following DrewP around Disney with my hi-tech listening devices and hidden cameras.

I hope ISP sent someone on an all-expense paid trip to Florida for Christmas. Florida is another place Drewpy could easily disappear from, and we know he took his mom so he would have a built-in babysitter.

Did he take his bro Paul too? Nice set of Mickey Mouse ears and a pair of sunglasses , Paul and DrewP could step in to the men's room, switch jackets and ears and wah-lah! Paul x DrewP =PewP's riding the teacups with the kiddos and DrewP's on a fast boat to Cuba!

Yes it is pitiful being so hooked on this case.

Susan
Merry Christmas!

SeriouslySearching
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
If Dp were running around Disneyworld...you bet there would be reporters. The weather in and around Chicago has been really bad and it has people stuck at airports. Someone would have seen DP and the children by now and reported it! I don't see it happening so I am not believing they went anywhere other than a relative's home nearby. Perhaps it was Brodsky's attempt at taking the media off DP for Xmas...by planting the idea they were going out of state. According to reports, the media has dispersed from his street anyway.

DeltaDawn
01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Drew transferred some money to Steve and the grand jury looked into that..but what did Steve do with the money? I have never heard that part of this. Did he put it in a bank account for the kids, did he set up a trust, did he invest..and did the GJ trace the money past Steve at all?