PDA

View Full Version : Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #7

Pages : [1] 2 3

chicoliving
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Continue here

JDB
01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Thnaks CHICO How about Maria's own Forum????? Check PM

Taximom
01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you, Chico! :blowkiss:

Jaded
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Morrisville, NC is 142 mi about 2 hours 40 mins from CLNC.

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
chico:

dang it. that's twice you've closed a thread on me while I'm typing with no forewarning!!! LOL

Also,
How the hell does WS expect me towait 60 seconds when I type fast?????

sheesh!!

sharpening antlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh dear God...they are impressed and satisfied they say! Ugh! Why can't they say we are deeply sad and sickened that Maria Lauterbach and her baby was brutally murdered? No...they say we are saddened by the loss of a marine. I should not of watched this... :mad:

Taximom
Well, that's over.

golfmom
chico:

dang it. that's twice you've closed a thread on me while I'm typing with no forewarning!!! LOL

Also,
How the hell does WS expect that can type fast to wait 60 seconds?????

sheesh!!

sharpening antlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That 60 second deal is a bear when your trying to update fellow sleuthers on a press conference.

Littledeer
JDB:

Got the dates now? The marines are tyring to cover their asses just like they did in Tilman's fiasco in Iraq. Can't be looking bad, how would they get new recruits???

Taximom
01-15-2008, 05:59 PM
mygirlsadie, someone on the last thread was looking for the pics of Laurean you posted twice today. Can you repost the link again? TIA!

JDB
01-15-2008, 05:59 PM
JDB:

Got the dates now? The marines are tyring to cover their asses just like they did in Tilman's fiasco in Iraq. Can't be looking bad, how would they get new recruits???

I had the dates Check PM

golfmom
01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh dear God...they are impressed and satisfied they say! Ugh! Why can't they say we are deeply sad and sickened that Maria Lauterbach and her baby was brutally murdered? No...they say we are saddened by the loss of a marine. I should not of watched this... :mad:

Seriously, they said they are impressed and satisfied with themselves. Please tell me that's sarcasm. :eek:

peace9274
Morrisville, NC is 142 mi about 2 hours 40 mins from CLNC.

Thank you, Jaded. :blowkiss:

I think I heard it was found at a Microtel, but that employee(s) hadn't seen him there. I wonder if someone checked in for him.

The Hotel is close to an airport, too. Wonder if someone bought him an airplane ticket. These guys could look alike when in their uniforms and military haircuts.

Taximom
No. That was what they said, golfmom.

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Sure, I wanted to reply also to someone asking me about his myspace page. I was not able to figure out how to hack into that (yet) hehe..so far I just got into his pictures. Here is the link... http://lads.myspace.com/slides/photoslider.swf?u=280188354

mygirlsadie, someone on the last thread was looking for the pics of Laurean you posted twice today. Can you repost the link again? TIA!

golfmom
01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
No. That was what they said, golfmom.

If they're impressed and satisfied with themselves, I think we should go to the source and find out how impressed and satisfied their wives/partners are. Obviously we have a whole different definition of impressive and satisfying.

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 06:05 PM
okay, I missed everything on the truck. What happened with that??? Was anything found inside??

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Now I have one question for all of us here at WS...Why aren't all of us in LE of some kind?

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 06:07 PM
How many of us GAGGED when he said Laurean was a "stellar" Marine????

I guess "stellar" and "killer" will now go hand in hand in the Marine jargon? LOL

Taximom
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
mygirl, I was thinking the same thing. If only some of you guys were in charge of either investigation...well, the murder might not have happened. :(

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Here's some great news for those who can't stand me. I'm leaving.

Going to Riley Ann's calling hours. Be back later.

Carry on....................................

peace9274
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Where ever he is, I imagine he's in some sort of disguise.

Taximom
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Littledeer, I wish you would have reminded me about Riley Ann tonight. :( Is it over at 7?

Seven
01-15-2008, 06:14 PM
How many of us GAGGED when he said Laurean was a "stellar" Marine????

I guess "stellar" and "killer" will now go hand in hand in the Marine jargon? LOL

Exactly. He called Lauterbach a "solid" marine, then called Laurean a "stellar" marine.

That was the beginning of the CYA right there at the beginning of the press conference. How do you call the dead Marine "solid" and in the next breath call her apparent murderer (the one with her blood all over his living room walls) "stellar" ????????

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 06:16 PM
The Marine's are doing major damage control IMO

What was with that Lt. Coronel's litle smile ? He shouldn't of been smiling so much. I was furious when he said we lost two marines.:furious: No, mister, you lost one loyal Marine in a horrific murder along with her innocent unborn baby. You didn't lose a Marine in Laurean, you lost a murdering rapist, that is not a Marine. He is an aborration. :furious:

I can't blieve they took that goodbye note at face value without analyzing the handwriting. Many 20 year old women have similar type handwriting. Are they 100 % sure Maria wrote it ? It could have been writiten by Xtina as part of the staging along with bus ticket and $ withdrawals. :mad: IMO they really screwed up big time but they will never admit it.

nnglas
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
ok you guys this press conference has really boggled my mind. So the first question I have is "who wrote the note?"

Taximom
01-15-2008, 06:20 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: The Marine's are doing major damage control IMO

What was with that Lt. Coronel's litle smile ? He shouldn't of been smiling so much. I was furious when he said we lost two marines.:furious: No, mister, you lost one loyal Marine in a horrific murder along with her innocent unborn baby. You didn't lose a Marine in Laurean, you lost a murdering rapist, that is not a Marine. He is an aborration. :furious:

I can't blieve they took that goodbye note at face value without analyzing the handwriting. Many 20 year old women have similar type handwriting. Are they 100 % sure Maria wrote it ? It could have been writiten by Xtina as part of the staging along with bus ticket and $ withdrawals. :mad: IMO they really screwed up big time but they will never admit it.

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Cnn said that it was her positivity that took the 700.00 out.
Do we have a picture of that transaction that I may have over looked?

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
ok you guys this press conference has really boggled my mind. So the first question I have is "who wrote the note?"

Which note, the first one?
Was said they are not a hand writing expert, has to go to the lab for testing...
Which don't know if they sent it there yet. Wasn't stated.

Was thinking, the old saying, to many hands in the pie.
Everyone just passed the buck, referring to the marines..

golfmom
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Or a picture of the POS overlooking Maria. :mad:

calidreamin
01-15-2008, 06:29 PM
What was the date the money was taken out, was it the 14th?

dimples37398
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I was wondering why this article states that her military id is what was found in the bushes in raleigh or whatever.

The cab driver in the article states that happens alot, fugitives using id's for the ticket purchase then disposing of the id they just used.

I can't find the first article I read it in, but here is another article I found that says her military id.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=5890539

Kel

Seven
01-15-2008, 06:32 PM
. . .

The NCIS guy with the white hair stepped up to answer a similar question, stating that Lauterbach's housemate (Durham) had brought the note in to the office where she worked and told them that it "appeared to be" her handwriting.

I'm pretty sure Durham had only been living with Lauterbach for a brief time and was probably not very (if at all) familiar with her handwriting.

MCDRAW
01-15-2008, 06:32 PM

I'm wondering which marine they are talking about be sad over the loss of. The one run running around hiding or Maria. They didn't seem to care much for Maria before this.

nnglas
01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Due to the rape dates and the pregnancy dates, wouldn't it seem that they would have been having an affair? This case gets stranger and stranger. That however does put the spotlight back on the wife.

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I was wondering why this article states that her military id is what was found in the bushes in raleigh or whatever.

The cab driver in the article states that happens alot, fugitives using id's for the ticket purchase then disposing of the id they just used.

I can't find the first article I read it in, but here is another article I found that says her military id.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=5890539

Kel

Found on the grass by the buss station...who and why was it thrown away?
Maybe dropped?

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
mcdraw they said both..:furious:

I'm wondering which marine they are talking about be sad over the loss of. The one run running around hiding or Maria. They didn't seem to care much for Maria before this.

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Or a picture of the POS overlooking Maria. :mad:

I sure wish they would look for and release the ATM photos of the man trying to cover the camera with a rag. I wonder if Xtina would be visible in the recording. And if the Marines took it sa true that Maria was the one who withdrew the money, I should expect there to be a video of her to uphold their theory. I wonder if POS would be seen looking over her shoulder ?

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I have kind of thought that to be the case all along actually..please don't shoot me!

Due to the rape dates and the pregnancy dates, wouldn't it seem that they would have been having an affair? This case gets stranger and stranger. That however does put the spotlight back on the wife.

kathyn2
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I wish the sheriff would talk more about this christina, the wife. Where was she when all this took place? Funny how no one will answer that? I find it highly suspcious she had no clue of anything until 4am in the morning (what was she doing up at that time finding a note?) Why are the reporters searching her out and asking her questions? They didn't let anyone alone in the scott peterson case! lol No one seems to talk to anyone regarding this case. You never see an interview with friends or neighbors or relatives or anything. How come no one knows if she had some sort of relationship with this guy? Did they have something going on on the side? There are always people that see these types of things. I wish we were doing the investigation instead of that sheriff. They don't seem to have a clue.

MCDRAW
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM

My question is: Where did the $700.00 go? Where are her clothes that she apparently took with her?

Seven
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Found on the grass by the buss station...who and why was it thrown away?
Maybe dropped?

Good question. Especially since the article says:

"Saturday while walking her dog across the street from the Durham Police Department, Mary found a military identification card with the name Frances Lauterbach, also known as Maria Frances Lauterbach."

Saturday was the 12th, and Laurean went missing on the 11th, didnt he? And we know Maria was already in the ground in Laurean's backyard by that time.

So that leaves Laurean and/or his wife.

nnglas
01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I call BS on this press conference. Certain things make absolutely no sense. If Marie told them what they said she did about the sexual incidences, one being pretty much consensual and the other he stopped when she told him to, why were they continuing to investigate a "rape" charge. Someone would have explained by now that what she was describing wasnt rape. Maybe a sexual harrassment charge but not rape. Also if Maria told them that the baby wasn't his because it wasn't the product of the rape, why would they be waiting to do DNA on the baby. Why would she let them do DNA on the baby if she told them it wasn't a product of rape? Also if Laurean was aware of what she was saying and the way she was saying it, what would have been his need to have 3 lawyers?

In my opinion the Marine Crop has to be lying and/or downplaying the rape in hindsight so as not to look responsible.

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
In one of the articles on here Maria's uncle said that the baby was Laureans. Will they still be able to do dna on the baby?

Seven
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I wish the sheriff would talk more about this christina, the wife. Where was she when all this took place? Funny how no one will answer that? I find it highly suspcious she had no clue of anything until 4am in the morning (what was she doing up at that time finding a note?) Why are the reporters searching her out and asking her questions? They didn't let anyone alone in the scott peterson case! lol No one seems to talk to anyone regarding this case. You never see an interview with friends or neighbors or relatives or anything. How come no one knows if she had some sort of relationship with this guy? Did they have something going on on the side? There are always people that see these types of things. I wish we were doing the investigation instead of that sheriff. They don't seem to have a clue.

I saw an interview last night on Greta (even tho she's out of town) with the nextdoor neighbor whose wife was told by Laurean's wife some time previously that she was helping her husband paint the walls of their home and garage.

Obviously, Christina discovered something the minute she saw the blood-covered walls (or evidence that the blood had been attempted to be cleaned off) of her home.

MCDRAW
mcdraw they said both..:furious:

My girl, I know I was being sarcastic.

FlowerChild
POS is STELLAR MARINE??????
While Maria was simply "solid"??

That's "good ol boy" for Semper Fi....cuz well, you know he had a kid and another on the way - what a man - stellar....except for that pesky murder and backyard burial "incident". I guess murder of a fellow Marine who was 9 mos pregnant with his baby followed by burning and burial in his backyard is stellar performance - especially if it follows an assault/rape "incident" ???

I'd like to hit that smirking Colonel in the head with something "solid" until his ears were ringing and he was seeing "stellar".

It's obvious that Maria got the brush off at every turn...and OF COURSE she not gonna say she was afraid of POS, it's not something a "steady" Marine would do. They pooh-pooh'd Maria and chalked her disappearance up to "hormones" and the assault up to her being dramatic and exaggerating - just like her Mother implied. Was Mom being coached by her hubby - Mr I say nothing career AF Dad?

The CO needs his butt kicked and that whole BASE needs new leadership - I suggest a WOMAN CO!

I was disgusted with the Marines and the CO BEFORE...now I am just plain angry - that presser just mostly made my BLOOD BOIL. The callousness and disrespect for Maria was evident...but POS came out looking STELLAR!!!

My Opinion

paddy01
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
My question is: Where did the $700.00 go? Where are her clothes that she apparently took with her?

Thank you, exactly where are her clothes? That's what I've been thinking, this 8 month pregnant woman taking off on a bus with absolutely nothing.
It's obvious POS didn't think of everything!

jennyjwv
01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
maybe the wife parked the truck there?

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 06:52 PM

Never thought about her clothes.
Not sure if her roommate can help if any are missing...a guy...

Alice253
01-15-2008, 06:55 PM
:furious: I call BS on this press conference. Certain things make absolutely no sense. If Marie told them what they said she did about the sexual incidences, one being pretty much consensual and the other he stopped when she told him to, why were they continuing to investigate a "rape" charge. Someone would have explained by now that what she was describing wasnt rape. Maybe a sexual harrassment charge but not rape. Also if Maria told them that the baby wasn't his because it wasn't the product of the rape, why would they be waiting to do DNA on the baby. Why would she let them do DNA on the baby if she told them it wasn't a product of rape? Also if Laurean was aware of what she was saying and the way she was saying it, what would have been his need to have 3 lawyers?

In my opinion the Marine Crop has to be lying and/or downplaying the rape in hindsight so as not to look responsible.

EXACTLY!! That's what I've been thinking. They can say she said this, or she said that and who's going to challenge it? Maria isn't here to defend herself anymore. :furious:

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh ok..man you see my mind is messing up over here I can't think straight! I'm so irritated right now after watching that... To me they acted like they could of cared less about the murder of Maria & the baby..Not once did I notice a caring tone of voice or just anything.

My girl, I know I was being sarcastic.

Seven
01-15-2008, 06:56 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's "good ol boy" for Semper Fi....cuz well, you know he had a kid and another on the way - what a man - stellar....except for that pesky murder and backyard burial "incident". I guess murder of a fellow Marine who was 9 mos pregnant with his baby followed by burning and burial in his backyard is stellar performance - especially if it follows an assault/rape "incident" ???

I'd like to hit that smirking Colonel in the head with something "solid" until his ears were ringing and he was seeing "stellar".

It's obvious that Maria got the brush off at every turn...and OF COURSE she not gonna say she was afraid of POS, it's not something a "steady" Marine would do. They pooh-pooh'd Maria and chalked her disappearance up to "hormones" and the assault up to her being dramatic and exaggerating - just like her Mother implied. Was Mom being coached by her hubby - Mr I say nothing career AF Dad?

The CO needs his butt kicked and that whole BASE needs new leadership - I suggest a WOMAN CO!

I was disgusted with the Marines and the CO BEFORE...now I am just plain angry - that presser just mostly made my BLOOD BOIL. The callousness and disrespect for Maria was evident...but POS came out looking STELLAR!!!

My Opinion

Alice253
01-15-2008, 06:59 PM

My Opinion

FC, your whole post was "stellar" but LMAO at the bolded part! Can I help?

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I know this was posted in the other thread - but I feel it's important for those that maybe our guest who are just checking in here to see what's going on w/ the hunt for Maria & Gabrielle's killer.

This may have been announced in the presser, but posting it anyways for those of us that couldn't view it LOL

Came from FBI alerts that you sign up for...

http://charlotte.fbi.gov/pressrel/2008/ce011508.htm

Snip

FBI Announces Tipline, 1-800-CALLFBI, for Public to Call in Information on Cesar Armando Laurean

Charlotte, NC - The FBI, in conjunction with the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, the US Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, and the US Marshals Service, announced a new tipline to assist in the search for Corporal Cesar Armando Laurean, USMC, a suspect in the homicide investigation of Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach, USMC.

FBI Charlotte Special Agent in Charge Nathan T. Gray stated, "With Laurean on the run, the public's assistance is key to locating and apprehending Laurean to bring justice to the Lauterbach family. Anyone with information related to Laurean or his whereabouts should call 1-800-CALLFBI (1-800-225-5324)."

Tips regarding Laurean's whereabouts can also be submitted online at [www.fbi.gov] (http://www.fbi.gov%5d/). http://www.fbi.gov/
Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - Murder
Cesar Armando Laurean
Aliases: Cesar Gudino, Cesar Sanchez, Cesar Armando Laurean Ramirez
DESCRIPTION
Date of Birth: 11/13/1986
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 pounds
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Sex: Male
Race: White (Hispanic)
Nationality: U.S. Citizen (since 2003); Mexican National
NCIC Number: W653665176
Scars and Marks: Laurean has a tattoo of a skull on one of his upper arms and a tattoo of a black widow spider, including an hourglass on the spider's abdomen, on the other upper arm.
Remarks: Laurean is a United States Citizen and a United States Marine Corps Corporal currently assigned to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Laurean may be driving a four-door 2004 Dodge Ram truck, black in color, displaying North Carolina license plate TRR1522. (Vehicle has been found)

Cesar Armando Laurean is wanted for his alleged involvement in the murder of 20-year-old Maria F. Lauterbach, who was pregnant at the time of her murder. Lauterbach was a United States Marine Corps Lance Corporal assigned to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. She had been missing since December 14, 2007. The charred remains of Lauterbach and her unborn infant were recovered in a shallow grave in the backyard of Laurean's Jacksonville, North Carolina, residence.

A state arrest warrant was issued on January 12, 2008, in Onslow County, North Carolina, after Laurean was charged with murder. That same day, Laurean was charged federally with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution by the United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, Wilmington, North Carolina, and a federal warrant was issued for his arrest.
http://charlotte.fbi.gov/pressrel/2008/images/laurean011508.jpg

CAUTION
SUSPECT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS
REWARD
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the location and arrest of Cesar Armando Laurean.
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS PERSON, PLEASE CALL THE FBI TIPLINE, 1-800-CALLFBI, OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL FBI OFFICE (http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm) OR THE NEAREST AMERICAN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE (http://www.fbi.gov/contact/legat/legat.htm).
Copies of the FBI Wanted Poster are available online at www.fbi.gov (http://www.fbi.gov/). To keep up with the latest developments, sign up for FBI email alerts online.

**Bolding about the vehicle being recovered/found is mine** The rest of the release is original in its entirety - Remember, if someone even THINKS they have seen him, no matter how remotely, please report it - that's what LE is there for, to weed through what is plausible and what is not - What one thinks may be "unimportant" could actually be the biggest break. One only has to look at Meredith to see how the smallest details can pull something together.

Mygirlsadie
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Well goodnight everyone it's 1am here and I have to be up at 5:30 so I need some sleep I pray to God when I wake up Laurean has been caught!

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Well goodnight everyone it's 1am here and I have to be up at 5:30 so I need some sleep I pray to God when I wake up Laurean has been caught!

G'nite Sadie - Someone will send you a pm if he's caught while you're sleeping!

Sweet dreams darlin!

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
My hubby watched the Marine presser with me and commented that Maria had been a Marine for less time and was promoted to Lance Corporal fairly quickly, and yet the smirking Coronel only called her SOLID. Meanwhile POS had been a Marine longer, had only reached Corporal and yet he is considered STELLAR ....... WTF ????? Yes, the USMC is definitely a man's world.

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
The more and more I think about the press conference the angrier I get. They said that the protective order was never violated. So how in God's name did they carry on a "friendly relationship"?

ShannonOhara
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Im dissappointed in the marines and their comments and conduct, and my father was a Marine...a real one, not one of these guys.

More that anything im SAD.
Sad for this girl and her baby.
Was there no one in her life that would stand up for her.
She deserved a chance and so did the baby.

This man...was a cold blooded baby killer....and the military is turning a blind eye, he is scott peterson all over again...but worse

calidreamin
01-15-2008, 07:13 PM
My hubby watched the Marine presser with me and commented that Maria had been a Marine for less time and was promoted to Lance Corporal fairly quickly, and yet the smirking Coronel only called her SOLID. Meanwhile POS had been a Marine longer, had only reached Corporal and yet he is considered STELLAR ....... WTF ????? Yes, the USMC is definitely a man's world.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You said it perfectly Ticamom, the USMC is definatly a mans world, we have the proof right here.

ember
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I think they were having an affair. And maybe the rape charges were done in vengance, like maybe she wanted him to leave his wife? Don't flame me, I'm just trying to think in all angles. Because someone dies a horrible death does not make them an angel when they were here on Earth. She was human...and there are alot of women and men out there that get involved with a married person, fall in love and do strange things....just saying. That would also explain the statement about that they continued to have a friendly relationship. Maybe that's why she changed her mind about the rape charges and changed them back again.

SO anyway, maybe she was going to leave. Hormones can do crazy things to a pregnant girl...epecially one (possibly) in love with a married man who won't leave his wife...he was a looker, sad to say. On her way out she decided to make wife aware of everthing. That's where wifey comes in....what do y'all think?

Also, I think he's gone on a flight. He didn't park that close to the airport for no reason. And who really knows how long he's been gone.

SeekingJana
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
As we said in the beginning, everyone in Maria's life failed her in life. They don't get a re-do now that she and baby Gabriel are long dead.
I don't care what the THs say. Bring the POS to justice and prosecute any accomplices.

RIP, sweet Maria and baby Gabriel.
:blowkiss:
Sad Maria

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
The more and more I think about the press conference the angrier I get. They said that the protective order was never violated. So how in God's name did they carry on a "friendly relationship"?

Excellent point, nnglas! :)

I'm pretty sure that the military guy reading the timeline didn't mention anything about that, but it was the white-haired NCIS guy in answer to a (planted shill?) question from the audience.

Also, did Timeline Marine say something about the Protective Order being expired as of late September and not renewed?

But wait a minute! I do remember Timeline Marine reading that, in answer to interview questions, Laurean said he had had NO (none, zero, nada, zilch) sexual encounters with Lauterbach at all. (IOW, he did not claim consentual sex and was saying her child had no chance whatsoever of being his.)

ipswitch
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry I didn't respond earlier when asked where my friend saw the truck. I had to run out to grab some medication for the kidlet...

Anyway, she saw the truck at the intersection of Chapel Hill St & Hwy 147 (aka the Durham Freeway) which is 2 blocks from the Durham Police Dept HQ and 3 blocks from where the ATM card was found. It was at 7:30 am on Saturday 1/12. It was reported to the DPD.

Also of note, that is PAST the place where the truck was found, further WNW by about 15 miles.

Now, if I could just hear from my parents, who are on their way home to Durham from the airport (I hope)

KOOL LOOK
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Guys, I feel the one of our poster commented, my mind is boggled after this presser.

I've decided that I'm going to need confirmations and affirmations in order to believe any and all the facts the military presser gave. For example: atm video and shots of the transactions, which should either confirm or deny who used what when. That should be simple for authorities to produce and provide proof to the public.
The paternity of the baby, if not laureans then find the father, he should have some information. Individuals who did the interviews and exams, her personal care physician.

I need corroborating evidence to rule in or out this presser. Time will tell. We need to analyze everything said. We should be able to confirm alot of the facts by other means other than they said so.

Where's the murder weapon since it's blunt force trauma?

The thing that is real hard for me to believe, is the comments their using as evidence maria left on her own free will. the bank card being found, the cell phone oh yeah, thrown out the car window in anger. I don't think so, now that was pretty stupid.

If she bought this ticket, why the heck wasn't it used, and where is it now?
Someone else should have noticed a big pregnant girl at the bus station right?
I notice things like that, we haven't had not one corroborrating witness to this bus station sighting and purchase.

If she thought she was a problem to the military, family and wanted to just run and hide, why didn't she make some kind of comment to the mother, even a sarcastic one about leaving. This just dawned on me, the military presser guy stated that possibly she threw the cell phone out the window when speaking with her mom and it wasn't a good conversation, she was angry and tossed it. So is this when she decided to leave?

It doesn't make sense. She disappeared almost immediately after this conversation and probably murdered. Now that they have the cell phone, wonder why they didn't mention the calls in and out, the pings etc. Surely she looked up the bus station schedule or called it.

Due to have a baby, surely she would have given her mother some type of heads up of her intentions on leaving and going into a secluded life, because what else would the motive be for her rush departure? All medical forms ask and want emergency information. With the baby around the corner, she would'nt want to risk the delivering doctor, facility not having any personal emergency contact information. Too many dead end roads that don't make sense after I start trying to place reason in this pressers step by step account of events of the timeline as they ran it down for us trying to explain act by act of what led them to this conclusion then onto the next conclusion.

They covered their tracks, and it could be the truth, but it's going to have to fit reasonably and corroborate.

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I think they were having an affair. And maybe the rape charges were done in vengance, like maybe she wanted him to leave his wife? . . .

Did you miss the part of the press conference where the official Marine timeline reported that, when interviewed, Laurean stated he had never had a sexual relationship with Maria?

IOW: No sex, no affair.

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Did you miss the part of the press conference where the official Marine timeline reported that, when interviewed, Laurean stated he had never had a sexual relationship with Maria?

IOW: No sex, no affair.

Let me guess "I did not have sexual relations with that woman":rolleyes:

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Excellent point, nnglas! :)

I'm pretty sure that the military guy reading the timeline didn't mention anything about that, but it was the white-haired NCIS guy in answer to a (planted shill?) question from the audience.

Also, did Timeline Marine say something about the Protective Order being expired as of late September and not renewed?

But wait a minute! I do remember Timeline Marine reading that, in answer to interview questions, Laurean said he had had NO (none, zero, nada, zilch) sexual encounters with Lauterbach at all. (IOW, he did not claim consentual sex and was saying her child had no chance whatsoever of being his.)

IIRC they said the protective order lapsed between 12/24/07 and 01/08/08.

I don't understand the Military's statements at all. According to them they spent between May 11, and now investigating absolutely nothing. Because she described a consensual encounter and another encounter where she told him to stop and he did. She also told them that the baby didn't result as part of a rape. I still don't know what "rape" they are talking about. It certainly doesn't sound as if she described a rape to them.

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:28 PM
If she bought this ticket, why the heck wasn't it used, and where is it now?
Someone else should have noticed a big pregnant girl at the bus station right?
I notice things like that, we haven't had not one corroborrating witness to this bus station sighting and purchase.

My guess is that the ticket to El Paso was purchased by either Laurean or his wife.

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:31 PM
IIRC they said the protective order lapsed between 12/24/07 and 01/08/08.

I don't understand the Military's statements at all. According to them they spent between May 11, and now investigating absolutely nothing. Because she described a consensual encounter and another encounter where she told him to stop and he did. She also told them that the baby didn't result as part of a rape. I still don't know what "rape" they are talking about. It certainly doesn't sound as if she described a rape to them.

Thanks for the dates.

I must have stopped watching before anything about consentual sex was mentioned, because I'm sure it was not mentioned by the uniformed Marine as he was reading the timeline.

Was it the NCIS guy who said that?

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
A better question is if she was so close to deliver, the guy she was renting from was getting ready to deploy, why leave at all? Why not wait until she had the baby, collected a couple more paychecks. Because if she stayed here she could go the the hospital and have care on base. If she were somewhere else she would be putting herself in danger to be found and brought up on charges of being UA.

Another problem I find with their story is I thought the roomate heard or was there shortly after the conversation with her mother. He said that she told him she was upset right? Or am I remembering that incorrectly? But if he did say that, then throwing the phone out of the window while driving around talking to her mother......that theory just kind of goes......out the window.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that the roomate also said she was pretty much on bed rest because of the pregnancy, but she was at work the day before she disappeared?

I need some help here.

calidreamin
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
My guess is that the ticket to El Paso was purchased by either Laurean or his wife.

You know I tend to think that also but I swear a few days ago I heard the Sheriff at one of his pressers say that it had been determined that Maria bought the bus ticket and that she asked if she could leave her car there. Does anyone else remember that or am I losing my mind?

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the dates.

I must have stopped watching before anything about consentual sex was mentioned, because I'm sure it was not mentioned by the uniformed Marine as he was reading the timeline.

Was it the NCIS guy who said that?

Yep, I think it was he who said that. He said it a couple of times that in seemed to be more or less consensual. The first encounter.

FlowerChild
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Im dissappointed in the marines and their comments and conduct, and my father was a Marine...a real one, not one of these guys.

More that anything im SAD.
Sad for this girl and her baby.
Was there no one in her life that would stand up for her.
She deserved a chance and so did the baby.

This man...was a cold blooded baby killer....and the military is turning a blind eye, he is scott peterson all over again...but worse
Her Mom said she was "exaggerating" had a tendency to lie and dramatize things. Her Mom also wanted her to give up Gabriel for adoption. Then her Mom shut up when they found Maria dead. Her Air Force Dad has said NOTHING, her siblings, NOTHING, her fellow Marines (aside from her roommate) NOTHING. The Colonel called her "steady" while calling POS "stellar".

The Marines at LeJeune showed more public admiration and "love" for POS than for Maria! In fact they spent most of the PC tearing Maria down, while making excuses for themselves and POS.

And NO, there doesn't seem to be anyone in the Marines (or MArias family) with a anything nice to say about Maria - THANK GOD for the good Sheriff, who genuinely seems to care about bringing POS to justice for the MURDERS of Maria and Gabriel. HE CARED and still CARES for Maria and Baby Gabriel! That little tiny hand in the dirt will keep him motivated to hunt down POS - for as long as it takes!

I, for one, am going to speak out FOR MARIA. I don't care what kind of Marine she was, she DID NOT DESERVE her fate and her son certainly did NOTHING to deserve HIS. She was a woman, single pregnant, young and doing the best she could in a MAN's WORLD. I don't care HOW she got pregnant or what she was like, or whether she was steady or flaky! She is now a VICTIM, a statistic proving that to be pregnant makes one a target for a violent death. Maria was not perfect - well neither AM I, so I am willing to be a voice FOR Maria - so that she and Gabriel did not die and lie in a cold lonely grave for NOTHING. Maria and Gabriel were ignored and disrespected in life, but NO MORE! CHANGE MUST HAPPEN! The Marines, the MILITARY as a whole, must celebrate the new millennium with some fresh thinking and some new policies and procedures. Maria was a MARINE in EVERY WAY and she deserves their respect, their grief and their promise that what happened to her, will NEVER happen to another woman.

I DEMAND change - for Maria and Gabriel.
I may be too late to help Maria and support her in life, but I AM supporting her in death - and I WILL support change for every woman who comes after!

I WILL STAND UP FOR MARIA!
Anyone else???
My Opinion

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Her Mom said she was "exaggerating" had a tendency to lie and dramatize things. Her Mom also wanted her to give up Gabriel for adoption. Then her Mom shut up when they found Maria dead. Her Air Force Dad has said NOTHING, her siblings, NOTHING, her fellow Marines (aside from her roommate) NOTHING. The Colonel called her "steady" while calling POS "stellar".

The Marines at LeJeune showed more public admiration and "love" for POS than for Maria! In fact they spent most of the PC tearing Maria down, while making excuses for themselves and POS.

And NO, there doesn't seem to be anyone in the Marines (or MArias family) with a anything nice to say about Maria - THANK GOD for the good Sheriff, who genuinely seems to care about bringing POS to justice for the MURDERS of Maria and Gabriel. HE CARED and still CARES for Maria and Baby Gabriel! That little tiny hand in the dirt will keep him motivated to hunt down POS - for as long as it takes!

I, for one, am going to speak out FOR MARIA. I don't care what kind of Marine she was, she DID NOT DESERVE her fate and her son certainly did NOTHING to deserve HIS. She was a woman, single pregnant, young and doing the best she could in a MAN's WORLD. I don't care HOW she got pregnant or what she was like, or whether she was steady or flaky! She is now a VICTIM, a statistic proving that to be pregnant makes one a target for a violent death. Maria was not perfect - well neither AM I, so I am willing to be a voice FOR Maria - so that she and Gabriel did not die and lie in a cold lonely grave for NOTHING. Maria and Gabriel were ignored and disrespected in life, but NO MORE! CHANGE MUST HAPPEN! The Marines, the MILITARY as a whole, must celebrate the new millennium with some fresh thinking and some new policies and procedures. Maria was a MARINE in EVERY WAY and she deserves their respect, their grief and their promise that what happened to her, will NEVER happen to another woman.

I may be too late to help Maria and support her in life, but I AM supporting her in death - and I WILL support change for every woman who comes after!

Anyone else???
My Opinion

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

An affair should NOT equate to Losing not only her life, but that of her unborn child.

calidreamin
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Anyone else???
My Opinion

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That was very well said Flowerchild. I too will stand up for Maria and baby Gabriel.

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:46 PM
A better question is if she was so close to deliver, the guy she was renting from was getting ready to deploy, why leave at all? Why not wait until she had the baby, collected a couple more paychecks. Because if she stayed here she could go the the hospital and have care on base. If she were somewhere else she would be putting herself in danger to be found and brought up on charges of being UA.

Another problem I find with their story is I thought the roomate heard or was there shortly after the conversation with her mother. He said that she told him she was upset right? Or am I remembering that incorrectly? But if he did say that, then throwing the phone out of the window while driving around talking to her mother......that theory just kind of goes......out the window.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, I thought that the roomate also said she was pretty much on bed rest because of the pregnancy, but she was at work the day before she disappeared?

I need some help here.

I'm looking forward one of the news channels posting a transcript of the official timeline.

As for the answers made by the NCIS guy, I'm starting to think his job there was damage control and he was responding to a shill, because none of the statements that called into question Maria's complaint were made unprompted by the official Marine.

The official timeline did not say the March contact was consentual sex, to the best of my recollection.

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm looking forward one of the news channels posting a transcript of the official timeline.

As for the answers made by the NCIS guy, I'm starting to think his job there was damage control and he was responding to a shill, because none of the statements that called into question Maria's complaint were made unprompted by the official Marine.

The official timeline did not say the March contact was consentual sex, to the best of my recollection.

But the NCIS guy did make it sound like it was consensual, right? Or am I loosing my mind?

englishleigh
01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
I've been working my little bootay off the past 2 days starting my new job and I am sooooo behind here. I've tried reading back but I don't have the patience. I cannot believe they have not caught this scumbag yet.

How did you guys find out the baby's name was Gabriel? Gabriel or Gabrielle? Boy or girl?? :(

JDB
01-15-2008, 07:50 PM

I need some help here.

Durham was not deployed He was sent to Calif for training.And IIRC right she was staying with him off base more then likely renting a bedroom.

MysteryAddict
01-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Anyone else???
My Opinion

Bless you for your eloquence in expressing my own thoughts!

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Durham was not deployed He was sent to Calif for training.And IIRC right she was staying with him off base more then likely renting a bedroom.

Right. I got that, but I was saying that to say that he was going to be out of town and so she would most likely have the house to herself. Besides if he was going to Calif most likely it was CAX and they are gone for like 3 months.

Seven
01-15-2008, 07:55 PM
. . .

Anyone else???
My Opinion

Count me in, FlowerChild!
We can be the Maria Corps! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_2_106.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYIXUS) <salute>

nnglas
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Another question. Who the heck is in EL Paso? I know if I were going to deliver a baby soon I would most likely want to be around someone I know. I still haven't heard that she had any connection to El Paso whatsoever. Besides what was she going to do for money when she got there? When they put her being UA that automatically stops her pay. Are we to believe she was just going to be pregnant living on the streets? She doesn't seem to have had that much money.

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Boy we sure have some great, well thought out writers in the bunch..:clap:
English was my worst subject......
Great posts....

The marines turned there backs on one of the own.
Oh, I forgot she was a female...think it makes a difference....

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I stand with you, Flower Child. What a beautiful heartfelt post. :blowkiss:

Anyone else???
My Opinion

Trino
01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Just for clarification, according to Meriam Webster:

"solid" of good substantial quality

"stellar" outstanding

So, what is being said by the military is that he was better than she was? Maybe the Marines should cover their tracks better.

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Nancy Grace on Headline News is starting ! Heads up !

I want to hear her opinions on the Marine presser:waitasec:

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:05 PM

"stellar" outstanding

So, what is being said by the military is that he was better than she was? Maybe the Marines should cover their tracks better.

I know This just infuriated me when I heard him say it. How DARE he ! :furious:

calidreamin
01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Nancy Grace on Headline News is starting ! Heads up !

I want to hear her opinions on the Marine presser:waitasec:

I can just imagine what Nancy is going to say about this.:eek:

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Pretty pretty pretty please? With sugar and a cherry on top?

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Nancy is expressing doubts about Christina's statements. You go, NG !!!!!

Taximom
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Jinxie, her show transcripts are up pretty soon after her show airs. Just FYI!

ipswitch
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM

He wasn't deployed ... yet

He was TDY (temporary deployment) for training *prior* to his deployment. The reason she was able to rent his place was due to his pending deployment. (this was covered in the presser... I caught all the alphabet meanings ;))

close_enough
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
good grief!...trying to play catch-up here....so Maria claimed she was raped twice, but the rapes had nothing to do with her pregnancy :confused:

btw, my son's team won the bowling match today:)
we're still hanging in with the regionals!

englishleigh
01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Asking again...I'm dying to know.

Who named the baby Gabriel/Gabrielle? Was that what Maria wanted to name the baby? Is it Gabriel or Gabrielle (boy or girl)?

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Who named the baby Gabriel/Gabrielle? Was that what Maria wanted to name the baby? Is it Gabriel or Gabrielle (boy or girl)?

I read an article ( sorry cant remember where ) that stated that she had planned to call her baby boy Gabriel Joseph. Little angel never had a chance.

englishleigh
01-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I read an article ( sorry cant remember where ) that stated that she had planned to call her baby boy Gabriel Joseph. Little angel never had a chance.

Awwwww. :( The angel Gabriel.

Thanks, Tica!!

close_enough
01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I think they were having an affair. And maybe the rape charges were done in vengance, like maybe she wanted him to leave his wife? Don't flame me, I'm just trying to think in all angles. Because someone dies a horrible death does not make them an angel when they were here on Earth. She was human...and there are alot of women and men out there that get involved with a married person, fall in love and do strange things....just saying. That would also explain the statement about that they continued to have a friendly relationship. Maybe that's why she changed her mind about the rape charges and changed them back again.

SO anyway, maybe she was going to leave. Hormones can do crazy things to a pregnant girl...epecially one (possibly) in love with a married man who won't leave his wife...he was a looker, sad to say. On her way out she decided to make wife aware of everthing. That's where wifey comes in....what do y'all think?
Also, I think he's gone on a flight. He didn't park that close to the airport for no reason. And who really knows how long he's been gone.

all of your post sounds very plausible to me....

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Jinxie, her show transcripts are up pretty soon after her show airs. Just FYI!

Thanks - Im hitting refresh constantly on her site page waiting for the "rush transcripts" LOL!

JDB
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks - Im hitting refresh constantly on her site page waiting for the "rush transcripts" LOL!

Will u wait till after the show???? Laffin

cricket
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Yep, I think it was he who said that. He said it a couple of times that in seemed to be more or less consensual. The first encounter.

Wasn't the POS a superior of hers? IMO any sex a subordinate has with a superior can never be truly considered consensual.

tiredblondy
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Just a thought here...She kept telling everyone she did not feel he was a threat to her.. What if that was part of the plan? He played the game , Doesn't he have connections in El Paso? What if he talked her into meeting him there and that was the reason for the ticked to El Paso. At sometime maybe they planned on him taking her to the bus and that was when he was chose to take kill her? Also keying her car was one of the harassment issues. It has been my experience that is something women do in spite.?? I just got in and haven't been able to read back so forgive me if this has been covered previously.

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
OMG, on NG they keep showing the clip over and over of the moments when they took Maria and Gabriel's remains out of the fire pit. The man on the right almost falls as he gets out of the pit, and for a second you can see Maria's burnt head BEFORE they put the blurred circle on it. How horrible !

I wish they would realize their mistake and stop showing that. Imagine if her family is watching ?

JDB
01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Wasn't the POS a superior of hers? IMO any sex a subordinate has with a superior can never be truly considered consensual.

No they were both CPL.

paddy01
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
No they were both CPL.
He was Cpl. & she was Lance Cpl. one rank below him.

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 08:45 PM
WARNING:

My recap of presser is long: Skip over if not interested. :)

This is what I have from my hastily written notes during the press conference. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE NOT FACTS. Only what I scribbled and I am not PERFECT. Question marks are because I did not hear specifically and will not make a guess on what was said.
If there is anything GLARING WRONG, PLEASE PLEASE CORRECT!!! Also, add what I didn't catch!
This looks real nice here in my WordPad, but it will probably come out all scrambled once I copy to WS. so sorry!!!!

March 26 and April 11: Two Sexual Assaults (I have 5/26 written down as the second date?) The first ones are from a poster.

May 11: Chief Officer notified...Went to UAA (Forgot what this acronym stands for)

Date (?): Medical Exam done on Maria
No Rape Kit
Pregnancy Test: Negative

May 11: Rape Investigation Opened

May 12: WMPO Written: Leauran to have no contact with Maria: 1,000 feet away
Maria Reassigned Across Base
Supposedly still interact daily: But no signs of force or threats known or seen

May 18: Cesar Denies Rape Allegation

May 24: 2nd WMPO Written

May 18 to June 24: Maria on Leave in Ohio
Comes back on base June 25th: Exhibits no sign of anxiety, etc.

June 25: 3rd WMPO Written: Effective until 9/24

June 27: Maria seeks Medical Test, Tests positive for pregnancy. Estimated time of conception 5/14/07

July 11 to July 26 - Cesar on Leave
Comes back on base: No indication of contact between him and Maria

September 17 (?) Maria request off base housing

September 20: 4th WMPO Written: Effective until 12/23

Officers (NCIS, JAG) ? developing Case

September 26 to October 2 - Maria on Leave

October 18: Maria told DNA needed from baby

October 22: New Services for Prosecutor to review
Article 22: Can have witnesses, questions, etc.

October 23: ?????

October 31: Maria's request to move off base approved

November 5: Maria moves: Rent's from Durham

November 4 to November 13: Leave - LA? Possibly talking about Durham????

November 26: Maria shows for Doctor's Appointment

December 14: Cesar reports to duty (Not at x-mas party) Not mandatory to show
Durham finds note from Maria: I'm going away.......finds items missing (clothes, personal items, and car)
Durham calls Maria's sister and also talks to Maria's mother
Supposedly Command is not notified until December 27 (about what??)

December 18: Maria's mother notified

December 19: LE in Ohio contact Military and Sheriff's Office about Maria being Missing

December 20: Durham notifies Commander he is leaving on December 27 to CA for duty

December 21: Holiday on Base (?)

December 24: $400 withdrawn from Maria's account (some heard $700)

December 26: Maria doesn't show for Doctor's Appointment

December 27: Base calls Mom: She states no contact with Maria

December 28: Maria's belongings are taken from Durhams Home

January 2: ????

January 3: Inventory taken of Maria's belongings and reinventoried

January 4: Marines request 10 day letter (?) Want additional information from Mother when Maria called her

January 7: Maria's Mother and Uncle show up on Base: 1st indication of Foul Play by Marines

January 8: 5th WMPO written: Effective until March 28, 2008

January 9: Laurean @ Sheriff's Office with Attorneys (?): No Miranda Rights given
On phone with Commanding Officer (?) possibly Laurean requesting leave which was approved

January 10: Laurean calls for leave: To meet with attorneys - Approved
Asks for leave for January 11 to meet with Attorneys: Approved: To call In on Friday in AM

January 11: Laurean doesn't call in. Fails to report to Work. Reported UA

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow, great job Littledeer !!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am sooo glad you're back. I was worried by your parting comment earlier. Who could possibly hate such a sweet deer ??????

ON another note, they keep expressing the same doubts we have about Christina on Nancy Grace. Go Nancy !!!! She can express our thoughts so well..... I wonder if she ever reads here ?

close_enough
01-15-2008, 08:51 PM
thanks Lildeer:)

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Just listening to nancy, they talked about the paint a few times.
Then it dawns on me,WHEN DID HE buy the paint BEFORE or after the murder.:eek:
Little things sometimes cracks the case...

Taximom
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Littledeer, how did it go tonight? My husband got home too late for me to leave for Mentor. I'll go check on Riley's thread. :blowkiss: Thanks for the transcript. I haven't gone through it all yet.

peace9274
01-15-2008, 08:54 PM
When did the neighbor see the buckets on the porch? Anyone remember?
Were they empties or new cans of paint?

tiredblondy
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Just listening to nancy, they talked about the paint a few times.
Then it dawns on me, DID HE buy the paint BEFORE or after the murder.:eek:
Little things sometimes cracks the case...

I believe the neighor said the paint was on the porch some time before Christmas???Not sure..I really think he dupped her into thinking he would meet her in El Paso. She could have been upset because her mom wanted the baby put up for adoption and contacted him etc...I do think there was a plan.

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I believe the neighor said the paint was on the porch some time before Christmas???Not sure..I really think he dupped her into thinking he would meet her in El Paso. She could have been upset because her mom wanted the baby put up for adoption and contacted him etc...I do think there was a plan.

The sheriff has to find out when the paint was bought.
Would make a big difference if indeed this was a set up to kill her.

Tom'sGirl
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I've been working my little bootay off the past 2 days starting my new job and I am sooooo behind here. I've tried reading back but I don't have the patience. I cannot believe they have not caught this scumbag yet.

How did you guys find out the baby's name was Gabriel? Gabriel or Gabrielle? Boy or girl?? :(

I found out here:

News Death Notice

LAUTERBACH, Maria F. and infant son Gabrel Joseph, 20 of Vandalia, December 14, 2007. Service pending. Westbrock Funeral Home
Published in the Dayton Daily News on 1/13/2008. http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=ObitFinderResults (http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=ObitFinderResults)

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Just a thought here...She kept telling everyone she did not feel he was a threat to her.. What if that was part of the plan? He played the game , Doesn't he have connections in El Paso? What if he talked her into meeting him there and that was the reason for the ticked to El Paso. At sometime maybe they planned on him taking her to the bus and that was when he was chose to take kill her? Also keying her car was one of the harassment issues. It has been my experience that is something women do in spite.?? I just got in and haven't been able to read back so forgive me if this has been covered previously.

Ok, she kept telling everyone she did not feel he was a threat to her.
WHO are they?
Bet they will be in court when it goes to trial...Wonder if any there are.
I feel this is a massive cover up

Tom'sGirl
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM

http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=ObitFinderResults (http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp?Page=ObitFinderResults)

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks all for the little scratches on my antlers for the presser post.

peace: I have that date somewhere on when it was reported that the neighbors saw the paint cans. Can definately tell you that although she is a "nosy" neighbor, she didn't go over and pick up the cans to see if they were full or empties.

AND YES GRETA ROCKS!! I noticed that not one interviewer believed that Christine could not have either 1.) Not noticed that something was horribly wrong in her house or 2.) that she was totally not involved in the murder of Maria and Gabriel or even 3.) helped in the abetting of her husband fleeing.

tiredblondy
01-15-2008, 09:07 PM
WHO are they?

:confused:
I understood it was the victims advocate and the investigative team for the marines. That it is documented in their interviews with her.

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 09:07 PM
tica:

:):) thanks for the warm rewelcome. Makes my antlers shine. LOL

MysteryAddict
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
WHO are they?

Could it be that she didn't like to admit that she felt threatened because it made her look "weak" to other Marines around her?

That she didn't want to be teased but wanted to maintain her dignity as a strong Marine,
(even at the same time feeling so vulnerable)?

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
tica:

:):) thanks for the warm rewelcome. Makes my antlers shine. LOL

Anytime my friend !:blowkiss:

Seven
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Let me guess "I did not have sexual relations with that woman":rolleyes:

I know.

It seems as if they automatically believed him and disbelieved her.

Did they do any investigation whatsoever?
Other than interviewing her?

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Could it be that she didn't like to admit that she felt threatened because it made her look "weak" to other Marines around her?

That she didn't want to be teased but wanted to maintain her dignity as a strong Marine,
(even at the same time feeling so vulnerable)?

Could be.
I'd like nancy to ask these guys to come on the show and tell it like it is.
Nancy pz ask them....
I don't know, something just doesn't sound right to me.
Maybe it's just me.:rolleyes:

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
I know.

It seems as if they automatically believed him and disbelieved her.

Did they do any investigation whatsoever?
Other than interviewing her?

Apparently not ..... the months that followed the rape dragged on and on and they hadnt done much if anything. Just took POS ' word and discounted hers IMO :furious:

Seven
01-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Another question. Who the heck is in EL Paso? I know if I were going to deliver a baby soon I would most likely want to be around someone I know. I still haven't heard that she had any connection to El Paso whatsoever. Besides what was she going to do for money when she got there? When they put her being UA that automatically stops her pay. Are we to believe she was just going to be pregnant living on the streets? She doesn't seem to have had that much money.

All very, very good questions ..... If anyone in her family doesn't know anything about El Paso, then it's obvious that she'd go to her mother, if she went anywhere at all.

A reporter on Nancy a few minutes ago claimed the bus ticket had been found in Maria's abandoned car ..... but since his neighbor saw him driving Maria's car, he could have left the ticket there as a red herring.

The reporter also said that a woman "matching Maria's description" purchased the ticket. Since her picture only recently was broadcast and the ticket was purchased on the 14th, then someone in a blonde wig could have purchased the ticket ..... Xtina?

Seven
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM

"stellar" outstanding

Ooops! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYIXUS) ..... Marines should have called Nancy before they labeled their boy Laurean as "stellar"

Did you hear the list of aliases the POS has? Nancy read them out .... there were four or five of them that she knows of as of today!!!

Yes ... a stellar POS he is.

Spazkat9696
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
All very, very good questions ..... If anyone in her family doesn't know anything about El Paso, then it's obvious that she'd go to her mother, if she went anywhere at all.

A reporter on Nancy a few minutes ago claimed the bus ticket had been found in Maria's abandoned car ..... but since his neighbor saw him driving Maria's car, he could have left the ticket there as a red herring.

The reporter also said that a woman "matching Maria's description" purchased the ticket. Since her picture only recently was broadcast and the ticket was purchased on the 14th, then someone in a blonde wig could have purchased the ticket ..... Xtina?

If she suspected COB was not the father maybe she knew who he was, and he lived in El Paso, Ft. Bliss.

lilpony
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Anyone else???
My Opinion

:clap: :clap: :clap: I so agree with you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM

I have always thought that Xtina bought the ticket disguised as Maria. No Way was 8 month pregnant Maria going to travel by bus to El Paso !

Seven
01-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Could be.
I'd like nancy to ask these guys to come on the show and tell it like it is.
Nancy pz ask them....
I don't know, something just doesn't sound right to me.
Maybe it's just me.:rolleyes:

It's not just you.
You have LOTS of company! :D

I think they're trying to head off a lawsuit from her parents. Even her dad (former military) said they didnt protect her the way they should have.

peace9274
01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
peace: "... I have that date somewhere on when it was reported that the neighbors saw the paint cans. Can definately tell you that although she is a "nosy" neighbor, she didn't go over and pick up the cans to see if they were full or empties...."

Thanks, Littledeer, for timeline. You did a great job.:blowkiss:

Re the paint cans. The guy across the street from me is a painting contractor. I can usually tell from here, when his cans are in the driveway, if the cans are new or used.

I hope POS didn't buy the paint before murdering Maria, with the plan that the room would need painting, because of the blood splatters. He may have bought the paint prior, just because the rooms needed painting.

If afterwards, paint was definitely purchased for covering up.

I know they said one of the rooms was the garage. Was the other the livingroom? Or a bedroom? Or... ?

MysteryAddict
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I have always thought that Xtina bought the ticket disguised as Maria. No Way was 8 month pregnant Maria going to travel by bus to El Paso !

Was it ever mentioned how much that "red herring" ticket cost them?

Seven
01-15-2008, 09:48 PM

ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!
I want to hear more from the mother. Last week I saw an interview w/her in which she said Maria called her every day or so. ..... I'm pretty sure she would know whether or not Maria would take a bus to Texas (and leave her car where?)

Unless she was planning a late-term abortion, why would she leave every, single support system she had in her time of impending delivery?

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
seven:

I'm not sure that Maria felt she could go to her mother after the phone conversation they had. Rememeber, her mother did supposedly say in this phone conversation she felt that Maria should put the baby up for adoption.

Ok.......maybe now is the time to tell my story. I am adopted. My MOM AND DAD adopted me when I was close to 2 years old. When I was 20, I foolishly had intimate relations with a man and got pregnant. My mother felt that being single I should go to a home for unwed mothers and give the baby up for adoption.

I did go tp the home. I gave birth to a baby girl. My mother had me convinced that I should give this baby up, even though by now I was wavering on that decision. (very close to due date) She brought me a ticket to go to California to stay with some friends to think it over. after I had given birth. I did, I spent a week there, thinking and thinking. It was hard for me.........one as an adoptee and knowing that adopted parents can be loving and good parents and also as a natural mother.

I came home............and today my daughter is 29 and blessed me with two beautiful grandaughters.

Why did I type all of the above? To give you all maybe some of the thoughts/feelings/emotions, etc. that Maria might have been going through along with her mother too.

The glaring difference between Maria and I, is that Gabriel's alledged father was in the picture, my baby's father wasn't.

lilpony
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok, it's almost 7pm where I live. Which one should I watch, which will be give more info on this case? Nancy Grace or Greta?:confused:

Mohabi
01-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Ooops! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYIXUS) ..... Marines should have called Nancy before they labeled their boy Laurean as "stellar"

Did you hear the list of aliases the POS has? Nancy read them out .... there were four or five of them that she knows of as of today!!!

Yes ... a stellar POS he is.

A Stella Killa. SK

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Was it ever mentioned how much that "red herring" ticket cost them?
Probably nothing! She'd just withdrawn something like $700. from the bank the day before (13th or 14th) and maybe still had it on her when she was murdered. He also withdrew $400. from her bank via an ATM @ Walmart on 12/24.

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok, it's almost 7pm where I live. Which one should I watch, which will be give more info on this case? Nancy Grace or Greta?:confused:
FNC is covering the Michigan primary, Greta isn't on.

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 10:03 PM

I only watched NG tonight, and she rocked !

Can anyone that watched greta give us a recap ?

lilpony
01-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks Panthera and Ticamom

lilpony
01-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Where is everyone tonight. I count on getting all the info for y'all.
Do I have to threaten to go over to the InSession boards!hehe:D

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
WHO are they?

Probably the same people who harrased, slugged, keyed her card and celebrated with a BBQ.

Stll catching up, brb.

close_enough
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I only watched NG tonight, and she rocked !

Can anyone that watched greta give us a recap ?

i guess Greta will be on later...the Democratic debate is on now...

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM

greta's not on..the voting pole is on...what fun...NOT

Ticamom
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I had posted this petition site on an earlier thread, but I am posting it again so that anyone that wants to sign the petition to pass the Laci law in NC will do so. Thanks everyboy !

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/351057706

Pharlap
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM

I think a time out.
I'm, and I bet others on this board, bushed with all the wrangling that went on today.
There seems in the military, NO voice for her.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
greta's not on..the voting pole is on...what fun...NOT

OH, thank you so much, CE and Pharlap -- I was under the impression I was taping the Greta show. That would have been a big disappointment!

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't understand. On NG there's a banner that says murder suspect's truck found at motel. Where is that discussed here? How can I be missing that?
(I was at work till after Nancy's first showing.) Please, please tell me what is going on.:)

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't understand. On NG there's a banner that says murder suspect's truck found at motel. Where is that discussed here? How can I be missing that?
(I was at work till after Nancy's first showing.) Please, please tell me what is going on.:)

Go to CNN.com. His truck was found around noon today.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Go to CNN.com. His truck was found around noon today.

Thanks, Suzi. No wonder I don't see it on here.

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know if it was discussed here since I was having server issues for a while early this evening then just came back about 1/2 hr. ago.

The truck was found at the Microtel Inn adjacent to the Raleigh-Durham airport. It was parked around back out of sight of the surveillance cameras and found today. The Inn doesn't have any record of him staying there even under one of his aliases. There's a Greyhound nearby but not a ticketing station, just for pre-ticketed passengers.

fran
01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Well, since a WS poster's friend spotted the car just 15 minutes from the location, we COULD assume the truck has been there since Saturday A.M.

JMHO
fran

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
From an article about Sheriff Brown:
"Courted by both Democrats and Republicans to run for a seat in the state Legislature, his interaction with reporters since Lauterbach disappeared has led him to decide against it.Doing so would require Brown to leave his humble country home, frequently filled by his two grandchildren and his parents, who live across the street. He can't imagine leaving his church, filled each Sunday by dozens of "kinfolk" who live in an area where he was raised as the oldest of six children by a tenant farmer.
. . .

Locals greet Brown as "Mr. Ed" at his favorite diner, where he favors sweet tea with extra ice, and are quick to recognize "Ol' Betty," his boat-sized 1990 Chevrolet."
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h3yQegAxyffK7QvtoS6J5I1IJI1AD8U6LIKO0

Tom'sGirl
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
We're in Chat Room

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I don't know if it was discussed here since I was having server issues for a while early this evening then just came back about 1/2 hr. ago.

The truck was found at the Microtel Inn adjacent to the Raleigh-Durham airport. It was parked around back out of sight of the surveillance cameras and found today. The Inn doesn't have any record of him staying there even under one of his aliases. There's a Greyhound nearby but not a ticketing station, just for pre-ticketed passengers.

Thank you so much, panthera! I agree with fran -- bet he's been there the whole time. Fits in with what was posted.

Littledeer
01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Cesar's truck was found at Microtel Hotel in Marrissville, NC. Or some town close to that spelling. I am way over tired now. too much posting!

I'll see what I can find for you and bring it forward. Unless someone else beats me to it steadfast.

No Cesar located yet though.

fran
01-15-2008, 10:39 PM
We're in Chat Room

Ahh shoot!

I can't get in chat. :(

fran

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, since a WS poster's friend spotted the car just 15 minutes from the location, we COULD assume the truck has been there since Saturday A.M.

JMHO
fran
I'd even guess Friday morning. Like Mike Brooks said, it's possible that someone met him there or he had other transportation waiting. Airline manifests need checking for all flights outbound on Friday/Saturday.

JinxieJada
01-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by STEADFAST http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1914213#post1914213)

http://wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/2304288/

snip

The truck belonging to a Camp Lejeune Marine accused of killing a pregnant comrade was located at Morrisville motel Tuesday afternoon.

License plates on the black pickup truck parked outside the Microtel Inn & Suites, near the Prime Outlets center off Airport Boulevard south of Interstate 40 (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=104+Factory+Shops+Rd,+Morrisville,+NC+27560 ,+USA&ie=UTF8&om=1&s=AARTsJp8eXXNH9V0rtIanC8PsgyzpYoV6A&ll=35.867561,-78.816948&spn=0.024344,0.036478&z=14&iwloc=addr&output=embed), matched those on a black Dodge pickup that authorities said belonged to Laurean.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Cesar's truck was found at Microtel Hotel in Marrissville, NC. Or some town close to that spelling. I am way over tired now. too much posting!

I'll see what I can find for you and bring it forward. Unless someone else beats me to it steadfast.

No Cesar located yet though.

Thanks, Miss Bambi:) Please don't look if you're tired. I can go look -- plus, I got the lowdown from panthera. Oh, also thanks for the timeline and all the rest of hard work you do!:blowkiss:

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Thank you so much, panthera! I agree with fran -- bet he's been there the whole time. Fits in with what was posted.
You're most welcome! I doubt he's still around now, but it does change the possibilities of where he could be from what we were thinking this past weekend. I wish we knew if he had any fake ID.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I'd even guess Friday morning. Like Mike Brooks said, it's possible that someone met him there or he had other transportation waiting. Airline manifests need checking for all flights outbound on Friday/Saturday.

Or he could have taken a free airport shuttle.

close_enough
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
seven:

I'm not sure that Maria felt she could go to her mother after the phone conversation they had. Rememeber, her mother did supposedly say in this phone conversation she felt that Maria should put the baby up for adoption.

Ok.......maybe now is the time to tell my story. I am adopted. My MOM AND DAD adopted me when I was close to 2 years old. When I was 20, I foolishly had intimate relations with a man and got pregnant. My mother felt that being single I should go to a home for unwed mothers and give the baby up for adoption.

I did go tp the home. I gave birth to a baby girl. My mother had me convinced that I should give this baby up, even though by now I was wavering on that decision. (very close to due date) She brought me a ticket to go to California to stay with some friends to think it over. after I had given birth. I did, I spent a week there, thinking and thinking. It was hard for me.........one as an adoptee and knowing that adopted parents can be loving and good parents and also as a natural mother.

I came home............and today my daughter is 29 and blessed me with two beautiful grandaughters.

Why did I type all of the above? To give you all maybe some of the thoughts/feelings/emotions, etc. that Maria might have been going through along with her mother too.

The glaring difference between Maria and I, is that Gabriel's alledged father was in the picture, my baby's father wasn't.

what a cool story, Lildeer...thanks for sharing :)

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Or he could have taken a free airport shuttle.
Oh yes, take the shuttle to the airport, but I also meant someone waiting to take him via car somewhere else. The truck could be "planted" to look like he left from the airport. Mike Brooks also said someone else could've been registered at the Inn and he was with them. So many possibilities I don't envy LE at all in their search!

panthera
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
what a cool story, Lildeer...thanks for sharing :)
I'd missed her post earlier and just read it. Beautiful! :blowkiss:

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Oh yes, take the shuttle to the airport, but I also meant someone waiting to take him via car somewhere else. The truck could be "planted" to look like he left from the airport. Mike Brooks also said someone else could've been registered at the Inn and he was with them. So many possibilities I don't envy LE at all in their search!

Being a Marine, he could have friends all over the country. But how many would harbor him, hearing what transpired? I think it's family.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I'd missed her post earlier and just read it. Beautiful! :blowkiss:

I know! I got chills when it got to the part where it turns out she kept her lovely daughter.:woohoo:

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 10:51 PM
NANCY GRACE
Manhunt for Laurean Centers on Durham, North Carolina
Aired January 14, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/14/ng.01.html

fran
01-15-2008, 10:52 PM
seven:

Littledeer:

Thank you for taking the time to tell 'your story.' You're so sweet. :)

I think that anyone here who is a mother, can understand where Maria was coming from, and you TOO!

The bond between a mother and child, not even yet born, is unbelieveable!
I know, been there, done that...................but not as an adopted child........IMHO, it would mean MORE to that individual.

You not only were blessed with a beautiful daughter and then wonderful grandchildren..................They were blessed to share their life with you.

That's what makes Websleuths so great! A community of human beings with a multitude of life experiences, coming together to blend their ideas and feelings into ONE case and toss them to another scenario. We may not always agree, but we're here for one purpose, to help the victim(s).

Thanks again for sharing.

:blowkiss:
fran

fran
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM

ON another note, it was only 1/2 mile to the airport from the motel. Honestly, how difficult would that be for a Marine to walk?

IMHO, not much..........

fran

Tom'sGirl
01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
ON another note, it was only 1/2 mile to the airport from the motel. Honestly, how difficult would that be for a Marine to walk?
IMHO, not much..........
fran
Agreed!

Tom'sGirl
01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
NANCY GRACE
Manhunt for Laurean Centers on Durham, North Carolina
Aired January 14, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED
Thanks for the link SQ!

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:07 PM
From the Nancy Grace transcript. Brown describes the frustration his investigators experienced in dealing with the lower unit Marine department. Who is on that unit? Did they know Cesar and his wife? Is that why there was so much foot dragging and hostile treatment of Maria?

Now, soon thereafter, when the report of the rape without a name was found out, which was in the report, after the officer called Mary, Miss Mary Lauterbach, the officer handling the missing persons made the attempts to contact the base. Now, this is not the brass but the unit level. Those attempts were futile and did not result in any callbacks.

GRACE: Got it.

BROWN: When that investigator who -- the criminal investigator was handed the investigation, because it appeared to be suspicious in nature, the same results -- no callbacks.

GRACE: Let`s go out to -- hold on just a second.

BROWN: Just a minute. Just a minute.

GRACE: OK.

BROWN: Just a minute. No results. The investigators came to me with a degree of frustration and -- because they weren`t being called back in their attempt to try to find out something about the rape from the unit level. That is when I called the command brass level and learned that they did not know about it. And that is when I met the top echelon and discussed it with them and immediately things began to happen that we needed to happen. And that is -- was on the 7th.

And if you`ll notice, on the 7th, once things -- we got started getting some movement, it was only about five days later before we had discovered where the body of Maria Lauterbach is.

ETA: it was Maria's unit that would not call LE back!!! Yep, I want to know who was at that BBQ.

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:13 PM
GRACE: To Hugo Rodriguez, defense attorney and former fed.

Hugo, what do you make of the military police not giving the rape information to the local authorities?

HUGO RODRIGUEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Unconscionable. It`s something that they should have provided. As the sheriff is telling us, for some reason or not, someone was either obstructing them or interfering with that. It wasn`t the brass. It was at the unit level. But that`s information that should have been provided. It would have been essential in this investigation.

The unit level didn't just not provide the information. They wouldn't call the sheriff back!

Taximom
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
((Littledeer)) Thank you for sharing your story with us. I can only imagine what Maria was going through, especially at her young age and being in a mostly male Marine environment. My heart aches for her. She didn't deserve to die and neither did her precious little baby boy.

fran
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM

The unit level didn't just not provide the information. They wouldn't call the sheriff back!

And they want us to believe what they said..........

grrrrrrrrrrrr.............:behindbar

fran

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
And they want us to believe what they said..........

grrrrrrrrrrrr.............:behindbar

fran

I missed the presser and can't bring myself to watch it. But was NCIS caught in a lie regarding Maria's OB appointment? Or was NCIS reporting info they got from the unit level? Whatever info came from that unit level can not be trusted, IMO.

STEADFAST
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
GRACE: To Hugo Rodriguez, defense attorney and former fed.

Hugo, what do you make of the military police not giving the rape information to the local authorities?

HUGO RODRIGUEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Unconscionable. It`s something that they should have provided. As the sheriff is telling us, for some reason or not, someone was either obstructing them or interfering with that. It wasn`t the brass. It was at the unit level. But that`s information that should have been provided. It would have been essential in this investigation.

It has occurred to me that maybe Laurean was the person in charge of answering the phone. I know at many of my husband's units, the personnel clerk would be the one answering calls.

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:49 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/2304288/
(snip)
You could plainly see the truck that was described in the news sitting right across from our room window," said Martin Nash, a South Carolina businessman who was staying at the hotel.
Trucker Bob Orsulak was staying at the hotel and said he would have noticed the black pickup truck in the parking lot.
“It wasn't there this morning when I came in,” he said.
Nash and hotel clerk Sherrie Joyner said the truck had been in the parking lot since at least Monday, however. Joyner said she doesn't remember seeing Laurean at the hotel, but a housekeeper told authorities she thought someone matching the missing Marine's description had been there.

"They were just trying to see if they had occupied a room here, with all the alias' they gave me, we could not find any match in the system. So it doesn't appear that he stayed here," Joyner said.
An employee said a housekeeper claimed she saw someone matching the suspect's description at the hotel. Authorities entered at least one room at the hotel and then left.

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
It has occurred to me that maybe Laurean was the person in charge of answering the phone. I know at many of my husband's units, the personnel clerk would be the one answering calls.

I do remember you saying that, and you may be on to something.

lilpony
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Question about CHAT....Where is it? It's not at the top of the page anymore, do tell!:confused:

KR2tonenow
01-15-2008, 11:52 PM
I like the fact on tonite's Nancy Grace she also mentioned how difficult it was for most of us to believe that Christina had no involvement in this case. I really want more information on her. I feel they are protecting her, and wonder how come the same protection wasn't available for Maria and her baby.

I hope she will be the key witness, after they catch Laurean.

:chicken:

SuziQ
01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
All the information that NCIS released is "according" to who? The source of the info gathered should be cause for suspicion, IMO.

KR2, the media in general doesn't believe that about Christina. I love how none of them have quit asking questions about her.

KR2tonenow
01-16-2008, 12:01 AM
KR2, the media in general doesn't believe that about Christina. I love how none of them have quit asking questions about her.[/quote]

Right, SQ. It's bad enough that the Marines dropped the ball and let Laurean get away.

Keeping silent about her involvement makes the matter worse.

I hope Nancy keeps pressing!

STEADFAST
01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
KR2, the media in general doesn't believe that about Christina. I love how none of them have quit asking questions about her.

Right, SQ. It's bad enough that the Marines dropped the ball and let Laurean get away.

I hope Nancy keeps pressing![/quote]

Is Christina in the military? If not, the military has no jurisdiction over her or any ability to investigate her.

SuziQ
01-16-2008, 12:12 AM

I hope Nancy keeps pressing!

Is Christina in the military? If not, the military has no jurisdiction over her or any ability to investigate her.[/quote]

I have not seen or heard the presser. But I think someone posted that NCIS said Christina is active Military. Their involvement would only be for the rape if I understand correctly. The murder was civil.

Jaded
01-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Is Christina in the military? If not, the military has no jurisdiction over her or any ability to investigate her.

I have not seen or heard the presser. But I think someone posted that NCIS said Christina is active Military. Their involvement would only be for the rape if I understand correctly. The murder was civil.[/QUOTE]

Today on the military presser they said that the wife was active duty. She is a LCpl.

STEADFAST
01-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I have not seen or heard the presser. But I think someone posted that NCIS said Christina is active Military. Their involvement would only be for the rape if I understand correctly. The murder was civil.

Today on the military presser they said that the wife was active duty. She is a LCpl.[/quote]

Hmmmmm . . . I was thinking of her differently. Very interesting. She's a Marine, huh? Trained in killing, probably not very squeamish about blood and stuff. Gee, and I already thought she was involved before this!

T-Rex
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey guys--I'm several pages behind, playing catch-up!

I just wanted to ask if everyone could please ease up on the quote function. There are a lot of five-paragraph reposts, followed by a one-sentence post.

Thanks!

SuziQ
01-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Today on the military presser they said that the wife was active duty. She is a LCpl.

Hmmmmm . . . I was thinking of her differently. Very interesting. She's a Marine, huh? Trained in killing, probably not very squeamish about blood and stuff. Gee, and I already thought she was involved before this![/quote]

And convenient access to people she could recruit in her and Cesars campaign of harassment against Maria.

SuziQ
01-16-2008, 01:17 AM
We have a forum? Thank you!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Pharlap
01-16-2008, 03:29 AM
So good morning everyone! I just read someones post about the rape being handled at a until level.. Let me just say that explains everything! I have been around the military all my life and I have seen so many things ''unit level'' covers up for their boy's! :rolleyes: They will never rat each other out no matter what the circumstances are. They have a bond, sometimes it's not such a good thing though... If someone does try and be a better person and snitch they will probably be beat to death if not beat senseless. A few years ago hubby and I got into it due to someone in his unit ALSO being accused of rape of a 16yr old. My husband would not budge. When I asked him why he was so sure his buddy didn't do it he looked at me all mad like and said because he didn't do it ok? He would never (not even to this day) say another word about it.

Woow, that s*cks sadie....:eek:

Seven
01-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Watch the video of Laurean's next-door neighbor @
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/#

It's part-way down the page, under the heading "Murdered Marine Mystery."

Greta's stand-in starts out talking about cast-off on the ceiling and walls, then introduces the interview, during which neighbor (name sounds like "Richard Allander") gives this info:

1. Laurean was having a bonfire in his backyard on Christmas Eve.
2. Laurean borrowed a shovel from Allander @ 12/16.
3. 12/16 or 12/17 Allander saw Laurean driving Maria's car.
4. Christina talked to Allander's wife frequently and, sometime after Christmas, Xtina mentioned that she and "stellar" <gag> would be painting inside the house.
5. Last time Allander saw Xtina Laurean: Thursday, Jan. 10.
6. Allander's wife saw Cesar Laurean in his driveway, getting ready to leave @ 6:30 a.m. Fri Jan 11 when she took her dogs for a walk.

Allander said he saw the removal of the bodies from beginning to end, said he never wants to see anything like that again.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 05:38 AM
here's an updated article with lots of info....imo

"You could plainly see the truck that was described in the news sitting right across from our room window," said Martin Nash, a South Carolina businessman who was staying at the hotel. "I didn't know that when I came to stay up here, I was going to be right in the middle of a national story."

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/2304288/

An employee said a housekeeper claimed she saw someone matching the suspect's description at the hotel. Authorities entered at least one room at the hotel and then left.

also...

Lauterbach told military investigators in May that she had been raped by Laurean, Hill said. After initially telling authorities that her pregnancy resulted from the rape, she later backed off that claim when physicians estimated her conception date at May 14, he said.

Still, Camp Lejeune officials issued protective orders to keep Laurean away from Lauterbach that stretched from mid-May until mid-December, he said. Officials also transfered Lauterbach to a different position on base so the two wouldn't cross paths, he said.

Ciccarelli said Lauterbach told investigators that she and Laurean had a consensual sexual encounter last March and that they had another encounter in April while on duty. The case was investigated as a rape because that was her initial claim, he said, noting she later told investigators there was no force or coercion used in the April encounter.

Pharlap
01-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Tks seven for posting the link.
Hadn't seen that one.....
Bet, when this goes to trial he and/or his wife will be testifying..

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 05:46 AM
The note found at Maria's residence says something like 'I couldn't take the Marine life anymore....' I have really high doubts that she wrote that. Ask any military member & to them that is a sign of weakness. They take major pride in wearing that uniform. I think that either POS or POS's wife wrote it to further bash Maria... IMO Maria was the stellar soldier who even after going through all the he** she was put through she still showed up everyday and faced her responsibilities to the Corps. Sucks that they didn't feel the same about her.

Pharlap
01-16-2008, 05:51 AM
The note found at Maria's residence says something like 'I couldn't take the Marine life anymore....' I have really high doubts that she wrote that. Ask any military member & to them that is a sign of weakness. They take major pride in wearing that uniform. I think that either POS or POS's wife wrote it to further bash Maria... IMO Maria was the stellar soldier who even after going through all the he** she was put through she still showed up everyday and faced her responsibilities to the Corps. Sucks that they didn't feel the same about her.

Your right. I just hope they do send the 2 notes to a handwriting specialist.

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 05:55 AM
After catching up, there is one obvious question no one seems to be asking here....HOW did Laurean GET her pin number for the ATM card to be able to use it? We know he did use it and withdrew the $400.00. Did they watch her withdraw the $700.00 and learn of it? Did they beat it out of her?

I don't believe Maria simply said, "Here is my ATM card and my pin number is xxxx. Please help yourself to the money I will need to raise my child."

I haven't been on much since the presser, but my take on that press conference is this: Laurean denied any sexual encounter took place with Maria (which was my theory). Since he denied any involvement, the pregnancy was the smoking gun. He had locked himself into his story and did not see another way out. He was going to lose everything if they found out the baby was, in fact, his. He would have to admit he lied to everyone including his wife and who would believe now that it was just an affair (not a rape)?

This means they could have had an affair of sorts if the accounts are accurate as to what she told the advocate on base and the prosecutors, but maybe during this "affair"...he initiated behavior she felt couldn't or wouldn't do (anal sex, etc.) at which time he did not stop as he had done before at her request. We don't know her sexual history, but from guessing I would say she probably did not have much experience. This could be a problem in how she reported the incident because maybe they didn't ask the right questions and she was embarrased or ashamed to reveil the entire story. However, the military must be leaving out something she said because what they reported does not constitute rape if it was consensual sex and the case would never have gone forward, imo. They would have no reason to even investigate it as such and would have NOT filed the case without a substantial claim initially. SOMETHING is missing from their report.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 05:58 AM

she was 8 months pregnant...i would think she was probably tired & with everything that had been going on, it's possible she was depressed...i wouldn't be surprised that she wrote this note, along with buying the bus ticket....wonder if she knew anyone in El Paso?.....why go there?

i have to say, after reading the article that ThoughtFox posted in the media links thread, it appears to me that the military did what they were suppose to do.....

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

if she had sex with Cesar in March & in April & no other time, then he's not the father of her child.......if he is, they had to have had sex in May also....

Pharlap
01-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Good question ss.
I would say, spying on her when she went to her normal atm, maybe with binoculars or high end camera. :waitasec:

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:03 AM
snipped -

I don't believe Maria simply said, "Here is my ATM card and my pin number is xxxx. Please help yourself to the money I will need to raise my child."

she could have given him the PIN at any time, while they were 'seeing each other'.....it's possible at some point in time they had gone to an ATM together...she got money out & he saw the PIN she keyed in....maybe

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:17 AM
They need to determine the exact gestational age of Gabriel. Even with the ultrasounds and all the technical knowledge we have...due dates can be miscalculated due to the size of the child and other factors.

If her last period was say March 25th then her due date would be Dec. 30th...so an April encounter could very well be consistent with it being his child.

Baby Due Date Calculator: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/1808_1892.asp?gclid=CN_c7IjP-pACFQdEFQodOEjp1A

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't think she would have given it to him voluntarily. I don't see him using binaculars to get it either. Neither of those scenarios make sense.

According to military, the reports put them together at work only and what happened occurred there. I don't see them out running around together myself. Too risky with him being married.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:30 AM
They need to determine the exact gestational age of Gabriel. Even with the ultrasounds and all the technical knowledge we have...due dates can be miscalculated due to the size of the child and other factors.

If her last period was say March 25th then her due date would be Dec. 30th...so an April encounter could very well be consistent with it being his child.

Baby Due Date Calculator: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/1808_1892.asp?gclid=CN_c7IjP-pACFQdEFQodOEjp1A

Maria wasn't pregnant on May 11th......assuming she had regular 28-30 day cycles, her last period would had to have been around May 1st, for a May 14th conception....

eta...her due date was February

Seven
01-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Tks seven for posting the link.
Hadn't seen that one.....
Bet, when this goes to trial he and/or his wife will be testifying..

You're very welcome, Phar! :)

I wondered why he alluded to some being mistaken about Laurean leaving @ 4:00 a.m. on Friday. Apparently, it came from his wife Christina? At least that's what Nancy seems to be alluding to on her show Tuesday when she says .....

"GRACE: Kathleen Mullin, this is why you never want your defense client to speak because in one report, we read that she confronted him about the affair, or as Lauterbach said, the rape -- that she confronted him about the whole thing. Then she says, Well, I didn`t know anything, I found this note, and he was gone at 4:00 AM. "

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/15/ng.01.html

So if it turns out that it was Xtina who said "stellar" was gone at 4:00 a.m., then that's one lie we know about, because the neighbor Richard was very definite about his wife seeing him @ 6:30 a.m.

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Not to mention she didn't report it to the base until 8am.. :rolleyes:

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Not sure if they said yet if they are going to do DNA on Gabriel to determine if POS was in fact ...ugh?! His father?! (however you want to say that) but if they do at least that will answer some of the questions we all have.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:38 AM
I don't think she would have given it to him voluntarily. I don't see him using binaculars to get it either. Neither of those scenarios make sense.

According to military, the reports put them together at work only and what happened occurred there. I don't see them out running around together myself. Too risky with him being married.

right...as far as the military knew, they had no contact while at work...Maria had been placed on the other side of the base...there's no way the military knew exactly what each of them were doing on their time off....

Seven
01-16-2008, 06:41 AM
she could have given him the PIN at any time, while they were 'seeing each other'.....it's possible at some point in time they had gone to an ATM together...she got money out & he saw the PIN she keyed in....maybe

Has it been established that they were "seeing each other"? .......... I know the Protective Orders were renewed from time to time, but I heard the Timeline Marine at the presser yesterday mention something about a time when one PO ran out and it wasn't rewnewed after that ....... wish I could remember that date when the PO expired.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Not sure if they said yet if they are going to do DNA on Gabriel to determine if POS was in fact ...ugh?! His father?! (however you want to say that) but if they do at least that will answer some of the questions we all have.

i would think they will...they were going to do DNA testing had she not been murdered...i'm sure they'll still determine if Cesar was the father or not....surely??

FlowerChild
01-16-2008, 06:43 AM
So, if we have Christina on active duty in one place and Maria and POS on duty in another place, then we have the "unit" run by POS AND the unit Christina is in ALL probably ganging up to make Maria's life hell. I wonder if there was ANYONE or ANYPLACE on that base safe for Maria? No WONDER Maria was hesitant to move ahead on the assault charges - she was being pressured from her co-workers and it appears she was either ignored or hassled by everyone around her - above, below and equal.

Poor Maria - I am sure she would have done just about anything, including going alone to meet POS - if she thought it would make her life (and more importantly her baby's life and future) even a little more secure, nicer, easier and happier. Her mother was hassling her and upsetting her and she must been sick and tired and lonely and desperate and scared. Facing birth and motherhood ALL ALONE with no support or even a kind or sympathetic word from anyone - even her own family was disapproving. One kind, encouraging, word from POS would have sent her running to him in a heartbeat, no questions asked. In her desperation, she was willing to trust him - I am sure she had no idea that she was running headlong toward death - she was so vulnerable and POS (or Christina or both) saw that weakness as an opportunity to end all their problems forever. No baby, no charges, no problems - so neat and nice, right before Christmas too.

And has anyone wondered HOW POS got Maria's ATM PIN? Did POS offer to deposit some money for her...and to keep it a secret (from his wife maybe?) say he needed her PIN so he could do it at the ATM? Or did he go WITH her and deposit some money so he could get her PIN before he killed her? I mean he surely would have wanted to get any money HE gave her or spent buying the bus ticket back - thus the withdrawals and the Western Union wires after we know she was dead.

You know what's sick - I think Maria paid for the paint, the landscaping and the party to cover up the evidence of her murder. Heres what I think was probably their twisted thought process...
the POS's felt justified the whole way thru - since Maria caused all their added trouble, expense and work she not only had to die (with that pesky baby) but she OWED THEM $$$. MAria caused it ALL, it was all her fault - she set out to entice and tease POS until she forced him to succumb to her feminine wiles and have sex with her (and she refused to allow him to use a condom too), and then of course she got pregnant (on purpose, to trap POS into paying her support and medical for 18 years) so of COURSE she WOULD NOT have an abortion and when POS rejected her she ran off and filed false charges against him. Well what were they to do - she was EVIL, ruining their perfect lives and she would NOT go away no matter what they did to make her leave so FINALLY she made them kill her and the baby. The didn't want to, they had to - to protect themselves, you see.

Of COURSE Maria, was even MORE trouble DEAD - she WOULD not die neatly - she had to make it harder for them and die a messy death - practically destroys their HOUSE and her body didn't burn right either and it ruins their daughter's play area. It's only RIGHT that she should pay for their troubles and legal expenses and of course for them to clean up and cover up and buy themselves and their daughter extra nice gifts to make up for all the inconvenience and sacrifice - it being their holidays and all. Maybe they even thought about trying to keep or sell her car and her stuff--until the Sheriff started calling asking questions. BLAST THAT WITCH Maria was dead, and STILL she was with them every day, causing nore trouble for THEM from her grave. The ungrateful beootch - she was haunting them from the grave they so graciously provided for her in the backyard!

And I do not think for a minute Maria bought that bus ticket. The fact that whoever DID buy it made such a deal about asking about parking the car there and made sure to draw attention to herself tells me it wasn't Maria. It was ALL a set up to provide a cover-up for Maria being missing and deflect suspicion from POS. And if the ticket was bought before Maria died then Christina is part of the murder from the planning stage - and it was premeditated.

AND I think Christina is still really angry , not at POS, but at Maria. I get the buried anger vibe all over the events since Jan 11th. I get the idea that Christina truly believes Maria is ruining her life - in Christina's mind it's not her own actions or those of POS that are to blame for what's happening, but MARIA. It's ALL, everything that has happened, all MARIA's fault. She can be so calm and so self-absorbed because this was all out of her control - "Maria made them do it" and she is continuing to destroy their lives from the grave.

And ya know what - that is almost the same vibe I got from the Marine presser today. They did everything but stand there and whine like a bunch of babies that their troubles are all because of Maria. Geez, she is wasting MORE precious Marine time and energy and money and she ruined a STELLAR Marine in the process. So much trouble for a merely "steady" Female Marine who was having a BABY - less work, more expense - more troubles for them.

Osama is wasting his time with traditional terrorists - all it takes to destroy a whole base and bring it to it's knees is a 20 year old pregnant Lance Corporal from Ohio. It's pretty sad that we are depending on these people to defend us when they can't even find their own azzes with an operations manual, a Colonel in charge and several squadrons of trained soldiers and support staff using both hands and a spotlight.

Semper FUBAR should be their motto!

My Opinion

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:44 AM
i would think they will...they were going to do DNA testing had she not been murdered...i'm sure they'll still determine if Cesar was the father or not....surely??There is no doubt they will try to determine from DNA testing who the father of the child is. If it is not Laurean, they have another player in the case who has not been questioned in her murder. They have to know the answer to paternity, imo.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Has it been established that they were "seeing each other"? .......... I know the Protective Orders were renewed from time to time, but I heard the Timeline Marine at the presser yesterday mention something about a time when one PO ran out and it wasn't rewnewed after that ....... wish I could remember that date when the PO expired.

well, i'd say they were, since she said they had sex March 26th & then again two weeks later while on the job....

there was a lapse in the PO betw Dec 24th & Jan 7....

On Tuesday, January 8, 2008, the company commander re-issues a written Military Protective Order effective through March 28th. There was a lapse in MPO coverage between December 24th and January 7th due to an administrative oversight during the holiday period.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:46 AM
There is no doubt they will try to determine from DNA testing who the father of the child is. If it is not Laurean, they have another player in the case who has not been questioned in her murder. They have to know the answer to paternity, imo.

i have no doubt that Cesar murdered Maria, but i must admit i'm a little curious about this Sgt Durham....

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Maria wasn't pregnant on May 11th......assuming she had regular 28-30 day cycles, her last period would had to have been around May 1st, for a May 14th conception....

eta...her due date was FebruaryLet me go back and check what the military said on the negative pregnancy test. They could also have the dates wrong for their test! They did make other mistakes in her case by their own admission of paperwork foulups such as reporting to her mother she did show up for an OB appt. that she did not.

FlowerChild
01-16-2008, 06:49 AM

eta...her due date was February
This is where we need a sticky of the facts - per the Sheriff and her Mom her due date was JAN 8th! Not February as was 1st reported. She got pregnant the very END of March or the 1st week or so of April -which is in line with what was reportedly the date she was raped/assaulted.

Pharlap
01-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Again, well done FlowerChild...
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

OMG so many posts since I read your first post of today...

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:54 AM
i have no doubt that Cesar murdered Maria, but i must admit i'm a little curious about this Sgt Durham....According to the military presser, Sgt. Durham was looking for someone to take over his housing while he was gone (to sublet or rent it out). This is one reason he agreed to take in Maria and makes sense.

He does need to be questioned very thoroughly. He could have had some kind of relationship other than roommate, but it is purely speculation. He needs to answer questions about their relationship, any conversations between he and Maria pertaining to Laurean or his wife, and other things. I am curious about him, too. I think he would have information which directly relates to this case.

Seven
01-16-2008, 06:55 AM
1. Maria's car was keyed.
2. An unidentified male hit Maria in the face.

These two incidents were mentioned in the presser and said that they both occurred on base ........ and that Maria was unable to identify the man who hit her in the face, but was sure it was not Laurean.

Is that such a mundane occurrence? Do men go around hitting other marines in the face on base?

Since both of these happened after April 2007, what else do we know about the second one? Was it in day or night? Where on base did it happen? Were there any witnesses? Was an investigation ever done? Did she seek medical attention?

It seems like a pretty outrageous thing to just ignore.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:55 AM
another thing ..... Maria left a note on the 14th...Sgt Durham found it when he got home from work on the 14th....the bus ticket was purchased on Saturday, the 15th.....wonder where Maria stayed the night of the 14th...this is assuming it was Maria that purchased the ticket...(i tend to think it was)

close_enough
01-16-2008, 06:57 AM
According to the military presser, Sgt. Durham was looking for someone to take over his housing while he was gone (to sublet or rent it out). This is one reason he agreed to take in Maria and makes sense.

He does need to be questioned very thoroughly. He could have had some kind of relationship other than roommate, but it is purely speculation. He needs to answer questions about their relationship, any conversations between he and Maria pertaining to Laurean or his wife, and other things. I am curious about him, too. I think he would have information which directly relates to this case.

i would think so too.....

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:59 AM
In order to purchase the ticket the way they say she did at the station, she would have to sign her name. They can verify if it was really her that purchased the ticket by handwriting analysis. This will clarify if she was still alive on the 15th when the ticket was purchased. Did anyone ever hear the exact time that she supposedly bought it?

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:01 AM
1. Maria's car was keyed.
2. An unidentified male hit Maria in the face.

These two incidents were mentioned in the presser and said that they both occurred on base ........ and that Maria was unable to identify the man who hit her in the face, but was sure it was not Laurean.

Is that such a mundane occurrence? Do men go around hitting other marines in the face on base?

Since both of these happened after April 2007, what else do we know about the second one? Was it in day or night? Where on base did it happen? Were there any witnesses? Was an investigation ever done? Did she seek medical attention?

It seems like a pretty outrageous thing to just ignore.Excellent points and questions. They did seem to skate over those in the press conference.

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:02 AM
This is where we need a sticky of the facts - per the Sheriff and her Mom her due date was JAN 8th! Not February as was 1st reported. She got pregnant the very END of March or the 1st week or so of April -which is in line with what was reportedly the date she was raped/assaulted.

but she back tracked on her claim that the baby was a product of rape....

eta.....again, Maria was not pregnant on May 11th...

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:04 AM
Was she pressured into it? Even if she did back off...doesn't mean it wasn't true. Only a DNA test on the baby will clear up the issue if it is Laurean's child. They have the baby's hand (gosh, that is hard to type) which sounded like it was still intact...so they do have a source of viable DNA.

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes and they said they have actual video of her withdrawing the $700 from the atm on 14 DEC. I feel like I am stuck back at square one here...How did she end up at Laureans house?!?!

but she back tracked on her claim that the baby was a product of rape....

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
In order to purchase the ticket the way they say she did at the station, she would have to sign her name. They can verify if it was really her that purchased the ticket by handwriting analysis. This will clarify if she was still alive on the 15th when the ticket was purchased. Did anyone ever hear the exact time that she supposedly bought it?

no exact time, from what i've read...just that the bus was to depart that evening (Saturday)

Seven
01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
well, i'd say they were, since she said they had sex March 26th & then again two weeks later while on the job....

there was a lapse in the PO betw Dec 24th & Jan 7....

On Tuesday, January 8, 2008, the company commander re-issues a written Military Protective Order effective through March 28th. There was a lapse in MPO coverage between December 24th and January 7th due to an administrative oversight during the holiday period.

Bless you for that link, close! :D
I've been tearing my hair out looking for a transcript.

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Mygirlsadie~ That is the BIG question!

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Yes and they said they have actual video of her withdrawing the $700 from the atm on 14 DEC. I feel like I am stuck back at square one here...How did she end up at Laureans house?!?!

THAT's what i want to know......she was alive in that house at some point before she was killed...

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Bless you for that link, close! :D
I've been tearing my hair out looking for a transcript.

you're welcome Seven:)

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Was she pressured into it? Even if she did back off...doesn't mean it wasn't true. Only a DNA test on the baby will clear up the issue if it is Laurean's child. They have the baby's hand (gosh, that is hard to type) which sounded like it was still intact...so they do have a source of viable DNA.

exactly!

golfmom
01-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I thought I heard from the press conf was that "Maria" withdrew $700, wrote a note about leaving, packed up her bags, got in her car and left.

The $400 withdrawal on the 24th was a separate withdrawal.

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:13 AM
They have his DNA taken from his home, no doubt. How long will the testing take and will they report it to the media? I believe they should report it because it would salvage her reputation if it is his. (Sheriff Brown would WANT this to get out for that reason alone!)

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:15 AM
I thought I heard from the press conf was that "Maria" withdrew $700, wrote a note about leaving, packed up her bags, got in her car and left.

The $400 withdrawal on the 24th was a separate withdrawal.

you're right golfmom....the $400 withdrawal on the 24th was made by a man trying to cover up the camera apparently, at the ATM (Cesar)

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:15 AM

The $400 withdrawal on the 24th was a separate withdrawal.That is correct. The withdrawal on the 24th was confirmed by Sheriff Brown to have been Laurean using her card.

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 07:18 AM
If Christina is so innocent in all of this why isn't she on the news holding a press conference kinda like the one girl did who was having an affair with Scott Peterson? Can't think of her name... Anyway if POS was my husband I would be on the news begging him to do the right thing and turn himself in and blasting to the roof tops my innocence in all of this. I would be devestated that I was married to a murderer and had a child by him...

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:19 AM
They have his DNA taken from his home, no doubt. How long will the testing take and will they report it to the media? I believe they should report it because it would salvage her reputation if it is his. (Sheriff Brown would WANT this to get out for that reason alone!)

i don't consider her to have a bad reputation....stuff happens...she was young...no matter what happened, it didn't give POS the right to murder her & her baby....BUT, i try to put myself in the place of the victim with diff scenarios...see if things "fit" & what would lead up to this horrible crime, & others like it.....just my way of sleuthing:)

Seven
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
"On October 18, 2007, NCIS recommends no disciplinary action be initiated on the alleged rape until forensic evidence DNA can be retrieved from the child. Cpl Laurean denied having any sexual contact with LCpl Lauterbach and this was believed to be significant evidence."

what "significant evidence"? His word? what about her word?

I haven't finished the "trasncript" yet, but I dont remember hearing anything in that official report about Maria recanting her rape claim for either the first or second sexual encounter with the "stellar marine"

close_enough
If Christina is so innocent in all of this why isn't she on the news holding a press conference kinda like the one girl did who was having an affair with Scott Peterson? Can't think of her name... Anyway if POS was my husband I would be on the news begging him to do the right thing and turn himself in and blasting to the roof tops my innocence in all of this. I would be devestated that I was married to a murderer and had a child by him...

i have to admit, i think something's up since i heard the neighbor say that his wife heard Cesar & Christina talking at 6:30 am that day.....here we have this witness to that, but yet Christina claims she found the note Cesar wrote at 4 am.......unless there's been a lot of misinformation on this, she's lying about something....the neighbor said his wife was positive of the time 6:30 am..

then lots of the reports keep stating that Cesar split before dawn that morning...who knows??????

Mygirlsadie
Maybe they were both off work early due to the Christmas party that day and he called her and said hey lets meet at the bus station and buy tickets and get out of here together..me and you and our baby...let's run away from it all...once at the bus station he forgets he left his atm card at his house and tells her to go with him to get it so she does.....the rest is history.

i don't consider her to have a bad reputation....stuff happens...she was young...no matter what happened, it didn't give POS the right to murder her & her baby....BUT, i try to put myself in the place of the victim with diff scenarios...see if things "fit" & what would lead up to this horrible crime, & others like it.....just my way of sleuthing:)

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:24 AM
I didn't say I considered her to have a bad rep either. However, the military and her mother seem to have accomplished it on their own to smear her a bit...don't you think? If it is proven to be his child, the question of her telling the truth in the first place is more likely and verifies part of her story. I think it would be important for this to be known.

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 07:27 AM
I tell you what I have not been so confused in a loooooong long time. This case is making steam come out my ears..

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Christina Laurean's Possible Involvement (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58604) Here is a thread I started for Christina's possible role in all this. You can move all your posts over or start new ones on putting together her inconsistent statements and actions.

Now that we have a forum to keep everything straight...get busy making threads to spread it all out! The various timelines alone in this one are crazy. LOL (Maybe it will help Mygirlsadie and the rest of us not to be so confused!)

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Maybe they were both off work early due to the Christmas party that day and he called her and said hey lets meet at the bus station and buy tickets and get out of here together..me and you and our baby...let's run away from it all...once at the bus station he forgets he left his atm card at his house and tells her to go with him to get it so she does.....the rest is history.

girl!...i've thought that also!....something happened that day...Cesar, IMO, HAD to have been at that bus station at some point on the 14th....sure seems likely...again, imo

eta....again, if Maria left on the Friday, (per the note she left for Sgt Durham) where did she stay that Friday night??...i'm sorry, but i can't figure this note in....i just don't see Cesar sneaking into Durham's home, leaving a fake note from Maria....i do tend to think that Maria really left that note for her roommate, Durham.....

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:43 AM
OR...Maria called Cesar that Saturday morning & said, 'hey, i'm leaving town...you won't have to be bothered with me anymore'...(along those lines)...OR she could have said she was leaving, but that he'll pay for what he's done to her...again, along those lines...then he says wait, we need to talk; let's hook up at my house....?????

would be nice to know where Christina was, on Saturday, Dec 15th:banghead:

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Yep Close..she left the note right before she left the house to go start her new life with POS...we got this whole thing figured out! :crazy: (p.s nothing will surprise me anymore regarding what happens with this case)

girl!...i've thought that also!....something happened that day...Cesar, IMO, HAD to have been at that bus station at some point on the 14th....sure seems likely...again, imo

eta....again, if Maria left on the Friday, (per the note she left for Sgt Durham) where did she stay that Friday night??...i'm sorry, but i can't figure this note in....i just don't see Cesar sneaking into Durham's home, leaving a fake note from Maria....i do tend to think that Maria really left that note for her roommate, Durham.....

close_enough
01-16-2008, 07:46 AM
if i'm not mistaken, the neighbor DID say that him & his wife didn't see Christina around .... something about a couple of weeks before Christmas...does anyone remember this comment by him???