PDA

View Full Version : Laurean in Mexico

kathyn2
01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
The FBI, according to Fox news, now believes Laurean is in Mexico. I think he is too. I think he got on an airplane at the airport that was a 1/2 mile away from the place he left the truck and was long gone by the time the sherriff starting looking for him. Can you buy a ticket with a phoney names these days? How did he get away with it? Or did he buy some sort of bus ticket that goes down to Mexico? Remember, he couldn't get it from the bus station where he left his truck because they don't sell tickets but it doesn't mean he didn't buy a ticket elsewhere. Do you have to show ID to buy a bus ticket? Why didn't the authorities put a warning in all airports before this guy got out of town to be on the lookout for him on all planes? If he got to Mexico I doubt we will ever see the guy.

Mygirlsadie
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh we will see him again... he's not that smart! Plus he is probably somewhere around where his family lives. He's a coward.

curiositycat
01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
The reason they have given for thinking him in Mexico is because he sent his wife two letters postmarked Houston. I am wondering if those letters weren't sent by someone trying to make it seem as if he was in Houston. Can he honestly be that stupid??

calidreamin
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
The reason they have given for thinking him in Mexico is because he sent his wife two letters postmarked Houston. I am wondering if those letters weren't sent by someone trying to make it seem as if he was in Houston. Can he honestly be that stupid??

That seemed strange to me too. You would think he would know at this point any letters mailed to his wife would be intercepted by LE. It is probably a ruse.

kathyn2
01-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Its very difficult to get people extradited from Mexico which is probably why he headed that way so quickly. Altho he and his wife (who is probably in cahoots with him) probably planned this all out and maybe are trying to throw the authorities off his track.

KOOL LOOK
01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
eventually he'll get caught, just don't know when. arrest xtina!

SeriouslySearching
01-16-2008, 06:45 PM
One of the talking heads said the other night that the military could still go after him and bring him back...keeping the DP still intact. They don't need an extradition.

dimples37398
01-16-2008, 07:14 PM
IMO (only speculation here)

The POS and his wife had time to clean up everything, and plan who knows how far in advance for him to get away via flight from the airport near where his truck was.

I would be looking for plane tickets in anyone else's name that is associated with the POS or his wife. What about her parent's or his parents names....they could have used that money that he took out of Maria's ATM to buy the plane ticket days in advance.

I don't think with him being a Marine and all that he didn't think this out and use the what if scenarios and figure out the best way to get away. His wife is a marine too and them putting their heads together...

(ok if they catch onto us we have this plane ticket in so and so's name and I will give you time to get to the airport and get on a flight, before LE puts 2 % 2 together you will already be off the flight, or close to it.)

Ticamom
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe the letters were a way they had decided on ahead of time to let Xtina know that he made it to Mexico. He had to have known that LE would intercept the letters.

dimples37398
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah and he had time to mail the letters and get into Mexico before anyone knew to ever look in the Houston area. He could have wrote them and mailed them from the airport in Houston.

I am willing to bet that they had most details thought out and different strategies planned out ahead of time.

I wouldn't doubt if they don't have ways to communicate planned out as well. I don't know anything about the prepaid cell phones or phone cards but would LE be able to trace all that? If she had these items to communicate with him via a phone number he gave her of a family member whom lives in Mexico somewhere?

There were quite a few flights that flew from Raleigh Durham Airport to Houston and then from Houston nonstop to Guadalajara Mexico which is where the article says his family is from originally.

Around 6 hours total time (give or take) to get there from Raleigh Durham via George Bush Airport in Houston. ........I did a chart image of all the flights leaving raleigh flying to houston....then all the ones from houston to guadalajara.......there were about 4 or 5 flights for him to choose from.

Kel

panthera
01-16-2008, 10:38 PM
But he can mail letters from Houston, and by the time they get to the addressee he could be far away somewhere else, as opposed to him phoning her where the calls can be traced. He probably was in Houston, en route to Mexico. Actually that would be in line with the alleged sighting in Shreveport on Saturday. I wonder now when the letters were mailed from Houston?

panthera
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah and he had time to mail the letters and get into Mexico before anyone knew to ever look in the Houston area. He could have wrote them and mailed them from the airport in Houston.

I am willing to bet that they had most details thought out and different strategies planned out ahead of time.

I wouldn't doubt if they don't have ways to communicate planned out as well. I don't know anything about the prepaid cell phones or phone cards but would LE be able to trace all that? If she had these items to communicate with him via a phone number he gave her of a family member whom lives in Mexico somewhere?

There were quite a few flights that flew from Raleigh Durham Airport to Houston and then from Houston nonstop to Guadalajara Mexico which is where the article says his family is from originally.

Around 6 hours total time (give or take) to get there from Raleigh Durham via George Bush Airport in Houston. ........I did a chart image of all the flights leaving raleigh flying to houston....then all the ones from houston to guadalajara.......there were about 4 or 5 flights for him to choose from.

Kel
The zip code on the letters would determine where they were mailed from in Houston. I think they were a signal too to let her know he was safe, was going to make it to Mexico, etc. I don't know if he'd fly into Mexico and go through customs though. Having whoever he's meeting down there drive up to where he was in TX and pick him up might be less noticeable, imo.

Tom'sGirl
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Documents: Fugitive Marine told comrades he would flee (http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7690843&nav=1TjD)
KLTV - Tyler,TX,USA
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Court documents show a Marine suspected in the death of a pregnant comrade told others he'd flee to Mexico to avoid conviction on rape charges.

STEADFAST
01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Documents: Fugitive Marine told comrades he would flee (http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7690843&nav=1TjD)
KLTV - Tyler,TX,USA
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) - Court documents show a Marine suspected in the death of a pregnant comrade told others he'd flee to Mexico to avoid conviction on rape charges.

I wish they'd say what "others" he told and what court documents that information was in. How could he not be held pending investigation if he had openly stated that he would flee?

panthera
01-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I wish they'd say what "others" he told and what court documents that information was in. How could he not be held pending investigation if he had openly stated that he would flee?
I'd like to know that too but maybe no one took him seriously? In hindsight it's obvious they should have.

MCDRAW
01-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Its very difficult to get people extradited from Mexico which is probably why he headed that way so quickly. Altho he and his wife (who is probably in cahoots with him) probably planned this all out and maybe are trying to throw the authorities off his track.

My cousin said that they will extradite from Mexico...the problem will be in finding him.

JinxieJada
01-17-2008, 02:15 AM
My cousin said that they will extradite from Mexico...the problem will be in finding him.

Yup, they extradited Israel Mireles The guy that Killed Emily Sanderson in Kansas, they had to promise to take the DP off the table, but he's in the process of being brought back!

Snip

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iL-Ac3d21ksUICW7OAQqUNRwQERAD8TKQERG0

Satterfield said her office had to promise Mexican authorities that it would not seek the death penalty for Mireles. If convicted of capital murder, he would face life in prison without the possibility of parole, she said. The extradition is expected to take about 60 days, Satterfield said.

bit more detail on the process at link

*Note, I posted this in Maria's forum, to show that we have gotten back people recently for horrible crimes when they've fled to Mexico**

Mygirlsadie
01-17-2008, 02:46 AM
So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk? What was POS so scared of? I thought he said he never touched Maria..so what's the problem? :rolleyes: I personally think just for Christina to wait the few hours she did before contacting the base with his stupid note should be enough to put her in jail too...She hindered finding him by giving him those hours.

kato
01-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Don't forget Perry March. It took yrs. but they finally nailed him and his old man. Also, Christian Longo fled down there (after killing his WHOLE family) and he was brought back also. As was Andrew Luster.

Ticamom
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
I know; mygirl ! :mad: How could USMC not have given the Sheriff the name of Maria's rapist sooner ? They could have prevented him from fleeing had they known in time. :furious:

And I totally agree about Xtina's waiting around giving him a good head start before calling the base about the note. GRRRR:furious:

So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk? What was POS so scared of? I thought he said he never touched Maria..so what's the problem? :rolleyes: I personally think just for Christina to wait the few hours she did before contacting the base with his stupid note should be enough to put her in jail too...She hindered finding him by giving him those hours.

Pharlap
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM

Bet the military is scrabbling on what next to say. Now how do we cover this up...:mad:

Trino
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Bet the military is scrabbling on what next to say. Now how do we cover this up...:mad:

Wouldn't you think Homeland Security also has red faces?

philamena
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1917461#post1917461)
So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk?

That ought be the question of the year.

golfmom
01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
This is where I think the Marines went seriously off-track or are now spinning to cover their behinds:

On Monday, December 17, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach failed to report to work. Her leadership begins to inquire as to her whereabouts by calling her cell phone. <snip - minimal investigation> There is an elevated concern for her welfare because of the advanced stage of pregnancy. The command requests permission to list LCpl Lauterbach as a deserter in order to release a DD553 to apprehend her. This was an extraordinary step taken in hope of having her returned so the command could ensure she was receiving the proper medical care. Basically, with a DD553, federal resources could be used to assist in locating her.

Now I'm seriously wondering if they issued the DD553 because of their "elevated concern" for Maria, or if they were breaking open the champaign bottles and celebrating that the "bioch" is finally gone! Because instead of bringing federal resources in to assist, the very next day they make a determination that she's UA. After that they promptly do absolutely nothing until forced, kicking and screaming, to become involved on Jan. 9th.

On Tuesday, December 18, 2007, the section OIC calls LCpl Lauterbachís Mother to notify her of her daughterís absence. Mother states she spoke to Sgt Durham on December 14th, at which time he notified her of LCpl Lauterbachís absence. Mother also states she last spoke to her daughter on December 14th. The section OIC asks Mother about LCpl Lauterbachís whereabouts and possible reasons for leaving. Mother stated she didnít know where she was and didnít have reasons why she may have left. Mother files a Missing Persons Report locally in Ohio. Command receives information regarding the MPR on December 27th.

Command determines LCpl Lauterbach has voluntarily placed herself in an Unauthorized Absence status. The determination is based on the note left behind and some personal items taken to include her car.

golfmom
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2321610/

Should Laurean be apprehended in Mexico, Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson would have to submit the case and evidence to Mexican authorities before they would extradite him.

"It's very difficult, because, as you know, this is still an ongoing investigation," Hudson said. "There are more questions than answers, as you know. There are more twists and turns in this case than there are roller coasters at the State Fair."

Hudson and military prosecutors at Camp Lejeune would also have to ensure Laurean would not face the death penalty before Mexican authorities agree to extradite him.

"I'm very opposed to that. This murder occurred in Onslow County," he said. "We have laws in our state and why another country could tell me what the results should be in this case, it's not something that I like."

SuziQ
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Congreman Jones' letter to Mexico's president:

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/lettertocalderon.pdf

SeriouslySearching
01-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Now, they have a credible lead that he is in the "west".

fran
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Now, they have a credible lead that he is in the "west".

Wonder if he's in Texas, or West, west ie California. You mean I gotta start looking over my shoulder!?! ;)

fran

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I think he is in Mexico now.

Our posts are off by an hour or so with any time differences where we live at.

paddy01
01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Laurean has family in Mexico, but he also has family in Nevada. IMO, I believe this man told his friends that he would take off to Mexico so that it would get back to LE. I think Laurean is in Las Vegas, a person could get lost in that city for a long time.

MysteryAddict
01-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Anybody know where his Mamma and Daddy are living at this time?

I bet the FBI are keeping an eye on them.

golfmom
01-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Anybody know where his Mamma and Daddy are living at this time?

I bet the FBI are keeping an eye on them.

They recently released a search warrant for his mother's phone records.

kathyn2
01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Fran, I live near San Diego and I keep looking for him. lol He could be anywhere...

ember
01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Well, it's offical. He's in Mexico and visited his cousin in a liquor store last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324752,00.html

ETA: duh, you guys are already taling about this on the general thread. sorry for posting again.

Pharlap
01-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, it's offical. He's in Mexico and visited his cousin in a liquor store last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324752,00.html

ETA: duh, you guys are already taling about this on the general thread. sorry for posting again.

However that was last week, where is he this week....:eek:

SeriouslySearching
01-23-2008, 09:26 AM
My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

TGIRecovered
01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

Don't forget the bonfire SS. Gotta have the bonfire!

Susan

SeriouslySearching
01-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

SeriouslySearching
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't forget the bonfire SS. Gotta have the bonfire!

SusanOMG! How could I have left that out?! Thanks, Susan!!

Jolynna
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM

If he is smart, he will lie low.

At least until the media moves on.

If CNN keeps finding him, Mexican authorities will HAVE to do something (once negotiations with the U.S. are completed...if this hasn't been done and isn't in place already).

My opinion.

FlowerChild
01-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

"It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/top/story/3795426p-13338866c.html

And THIS is how POS got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest POS, and they are also "not seeing" POS himself.

My Opinion

btbsmith
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
If he thinks things are heating-up, do you think he will head south out of Mexico?

Jolynna
01-23-2008, 11:33 AM
And THIS is how POS got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest POS, and they are also "not seeing" POS himself.

My Opinion

I agree.

BUT, I think Mexican LE will have to do something when negotiations and paperwork are complete AND CNN keeps finding him. Or when a relative wanting to collect the reward money turns CL in.

If CL is thrown in LE's face and there is a warrant out for him, they will pick him up.

I don't know how hard LE will investigate to find CL. But, in my opinion, he isn't safe. Not with media attention and a reward on his head.

In my opinion.

willow
01-23-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm hoping he will get complacent enough to pop back into the U.S. just to see if he can.

Boy, wouldn't THAT be something.

Remember, they ALWAYS return to the scene of the crime.

Plus, he has a wife and child here in the States.

(Crossing Fingers).

nanandjim
01-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I just don't understand why CL is being so cavalier about where he goes and who sees him. He is either an idiot, wants to get caught or feels invincible.

SeriouslySearching
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
He just outsmarted the FBI, the Marines, and American LE agencies...Of course, he feels invincible!! (And might I add...untouchable...now that he is in his homeland of Mexico!)

kathyn2
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Not only does he appear untouchable, to this day LE doesn't seem to be doing a thing about finding him and bringing him back. I would have been down in guadalajara the day he left and at all the border points too. But not these keystone cops. They still haven't sent anyone down there that we know of. I was hoping they were doing something behind the scenes but it sure doesnt appear so from what the CNN guy said. Even he looked incredulous. I don't think Cesar has much to worry about with this crew looking for him.

panglossian
01-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I hope his family makes him nice and comfortable and off-guard before they turn him in for cash. Are they waiting for the reward to go higher?

Seven
01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Moved from another thread........

I recall reading that a North Carolina official (the local DA??) had sent a letter asking Mexican authorities for assistance in apprehending the criminal Laurean. But the Mexican authorities can not act to extradite a criminal who has broken the law in the US without an "official request for help from the US". So the question is: Why has the US not asked Mexican authorities to arrest Laurean?

Why indeed! We in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia have had this question repeatedly rubbed in our noses ............... It seeems to be a one-way street w/Mexico ....... It was only because his family spent years (and who knows how much money) that the man who shot CHP officer David March w/kill shot to the head after shooting him in the chest at a routine traffic stop, was finally extradited back to us.

There seems to be some kind of unholy alliance between some US officials and Mexico. Not saying it's a $$$$$ alliance, but what else would make former New Yorker, now LAPD chief bratton say of "sanctuary city status" (among other things, LE cannot ask citizenship status until a suspect has been "charged") -- where was I oh yes -- Chief Bratton said of Los Angeles residents who dont like his policies .... "If they don't like it, they can leave the state." ....... Right! He's an unelected carpetbagger from NY telling native californians to put up or shut up!

" ...... Los Angeles Police Department Chief William “Bill” Bratton took the coward’s way out by failing to show up at a May 8 tribute in Santa Clarita, CA. to honor murdered police officer Deputy David March.
March was killed in the line of duty two years ago, by Armando Garcia, a thrice-deported illegal alien now living in Mexico."
http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/murder_lobby.htm

"We the People" are turning into We the Powerless!
But we did EVENTUALLY get armando garcia back:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2007/010907.htm

I can only pray it doesnt take 4 years to get Laurean back!
Now, AG's here for the rest of his life.....:behindbar

SeriouslySearching
01-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.

FMRUSMC
01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.

SS, you are so right. We now know how the next wave of terrorists will operate and CL has set the standard.

Truly
01-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't think anyone made any unkind remarks. This is one of the most caring groups of people I've encountered. I try to quietly steer the conversation back to the legal way of doing things in any forum where any kind of vigilante justice is suggested. Plus, I'm not convinced that Mexico is the country which has dropped the ball in this case. CL seemed to take his sweet time slipping through the fingers of Marine and American Law enforcement.

Truly
01-23-2008, 11:38 PM
There is an AP article entitled "3200 Marines Prepare for Afghan Tour". (If you google that phrase, hundreds of reliable news sources come up).

It states that "The proposal went to (Defense Secretary Robert) Gates on Friday (JAN 11)... The military began notifying Marines and their families over the weekend... 2200 members...based at Camp Lejeune, NC will go to Afghanistan"

Hmmmm...Jan 11th...the same day CL reported for work and then disappeared... the same day Christina was called back into active duty... the same day Sheriff Brown called the fugitive search "Earthwide"?

I wonder if all his bar-b-q buddies are shipping out and unable to speak to law enforcement?

JinxieJada
01-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry if this has been answered, I've been away the last couple days sick, and there are soooo many threads to read =)

Anyways, I just found out that he was seen in Mexico and his cousin contacted LE -

Now if he's found there, or even since they have a "tip" that COULD lead to his arrest - Is his cousin entitled to that money?

Reason I ask, is if that money is paid out, Couldn't the cousin give that to him (CL) to keep "running"?

I don't know how the whole "reward" thing works - so this may not even be applicable - I apologize in advance if it doesn't.....

Also, how long will LE keep Christina under scrutiny? Is there usually a timeframe that goes by, or could it be indefinitely since there's no limitation for murder? my reason for asking is, what's to stop her from hightailing it down there and crossing at some unknown "checkpoint" area or what not..and then the two of them plus their child go on their merry way?

kathyn2
01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
The cousin would only get the money if LE captures him and either returns him to the US or gets him in the US due to the cousins info on where he is at any given time. The cousin will not get money just for spotting him but info that leads to his arrest.

Truly
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Jinxie, I hope you're feeling better!

I would expect that Laurean would have to be arrested, in custody, and hopefully returned to the US before any monies were paid out.

Also, the cousin told the CNN reporter that NO Law enforcement had even been to see him, and the reported also interviewed Mexican Federal authorities who stated that the US has not asked them to search for or arrest the suspect. Something fishy going on, in my opinion.

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Well then I will put my blame soley on Christina! She had the whole day before and throughout the night and the next morning to call and turn him in and she didn't & now he is gone. Somehow someway someday they will all pay for what they did to Maria and the baby & for that they should be paranoid. Christina has a child herself she should be very concerned.

Truly
01-24-2008, 12:59 AM
oops, sorry for double posting what you said, kathyn, didn't see it!

And I agree, sadie, that Christina had a whole day to cover up and I think she did. But there is the greater concern that The Marine Corps had eight months to prosecute a rape, and they did not. They had from Dec 19th to Jan 7th to look for Maria, and they did not. I would not be surprised if the Laureans are in protective Marine custody, to keep the Marine Corps from "looking bad". Reminds me of the perfect citizen dad who nobody will believe is a child molester.

I want to see some real Honor from the military. Too many women soldiers have been assaulted by their fellow soldiers, and nothing is ever done except to cover it up.

JinxieJada
01-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Hi Jinxie, I hope you're feeling better!

Thank you for the good thoughts^^

And thanks to both of you for the answer about the reward monies...

Now, Maria will be entitled (not sure IF her family would want it after all thats happened BUT) to a military funeral right? Or no, since they had classified her as "UA". Obviously, we know she wasn't, but they've weirded things up so badly, who knows if they've really "revoked" that status yet, or if it's going to be "We got sidetracked w/ other developements, and paperwork fell through the cracks etc)

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2008, 07:17 AM
This thread is about Mexico and Laurean. Maybe we should discuss such things like Military funerals on another thread?

We aren't following Chico's suggestion to broaden the forum with new threads and we keep piling them all together. I will go start a few more. : )

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Moved from Gen. Topic Thread: Sorry that was a figure of speech.
I don't think they'll send a division down but I do think CL will be found. I believe we have american agents in Mexico who live there, who have connections, and of course speak fluent Spanish. They and the the sheriff (local law enforcement) and Marine investigators must be working with the mexican authorities and are sharing info. You can be sure local police are being encouraged to cooperate by watching his relatives and checking out leads. Other Americans have been extradicted and been brought back. By the way in the early 1990's 70% of the Mexican population owned a TV set. It has to be higher by now. One of our congressmen wote a letter to President Calderon requesting that CL be extradited not to mention the $25,000 reward. When CL comes back it will be interesting to see who will escort him.

Chiperoni, I agree with you. If Mexico is anything like CR, most people own a tv set. You may see the most humble shacks and yet most of them own a tv. And the majority of the middle class owns several tvs and have cable access. Cable is very big here in Central America, and most people try to speak and understand English, so they very often watch the news and other programs as practice.

So I am hoping that POS's face will become familiar to Mexicans and that 25 K reward will entice someone to turn him in. Believe me, 25 thousand $ is a lot of money in Central America ! It is up to LE and the FBI to distribute wanted posters and keep this fresh. We just have to be patient and keep praying.

I know in my heart that justice will be done for Maria and Gabrielle.

philamena
01-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Can the US offer a reward for pos's return to our country? Seriously, does anyone know?
Maybe the US can bargin with Mexico...How about legally allowing whoever turns pos in, immediate citizenship?

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 07:59 AM
There is already a reward being offered of $25,000.00. This should be enough to entice someone in Mexico to turn him in...IF they ever advertise it there. We know they are not rushing to put out posters or billboards.

They won't put a "bounty" on his head for someone to kidnap and illegally bring him across tho.

Tom'sGirl
01-28-2008, 04:29 PM
A Provisional Arrest Warrant was issued in Mexico by a Mexican court for the arrest of Cesar Laurean. This happened right after our meeting with officials at the embassy.
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/breaking-news-15/#comments (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/breaking-news-15/#comments)

SeriouslySearching
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
That is welcome news!! Thanks!

Ticamom
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
A Provisional Arrest Warrant was issued in Mexico by a Mexican court for the arrest of Cesar Laurean. This happened right after our meeting with officials at the embassy.
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/breaking-news-15/#comments (http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/breaking-news-15/#comments)

This is great news ! Hopefully something will happen soon. POS : :behindbar

SeriouslySearching
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I ran across this article which gives me hope of finding and getting an extradition for Cesar Laurean. However, the man was not from Mexico.

The man who authorities said fled to Mexico after he allegedly killed a University of Nevada, Reno associate professor in August has been transported to the Washoe County Jail following an extradition process facilitated by federal authorities.

Mohamed Kamalaudeen, 51, known locally as Rickey Barge, was booked Thursday on a warrant charging him with the Aug. 18 stabbing death of Judy Calder, 64. He is being held without bail.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008801260337

STEADFAST
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-28-2008/0004744403&EDATE=

WASHINGTON, Jan. 28 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Interpol-United
States National Central Bureau (USNCB), a component of the U.S. Department
of Justice, has requested the issuance of an Interpol Red Notice seeking
the world-wide location, apprehension, and extradition of Cesar Armando
Laurean-Ramirez. Laurean-Ramirez is the North Carolina Marine wanted for
1st Degree Murder of a missing Marine from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Working closely with the investigating agencies, the Onslow County
Sheriff's Department and the Onslow County District Attorney's Office, as
well as the FBI, the USNCB broadcasted an international "All Points
Bulletin" to law enforcement agencies in 185 countries and the Interpol
General Secretariat, located in Lyon, France on January 26, 2008.

. . . The Notice is distributed to all member
countries in four official languages, English, Spanish, French, and Arabic
and remains in effect until the fugitive is captured.

Truly
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Excellent information, Steadfast. I am glad they published in Arabic, as 2200 Marines from Camp Lejeune were ordered to Afghanistan on the morning that Maria's body was found and Laurean clocked in and then disappeared. This is a very hopeful development. 'Course, bin laden has managed to hide out in that area without being discovered for 7 years, so who knows...? Just kidding, that is a great link. Thank you.

panthera
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I agree with Greta ~ "FINALLY". They do move slowly don't they?

SeriouslySearching
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Dewey Hudson, DA, said he didn't have confirmation of the Mexican Authorities issuing a warrant for his arrest on NG. So what is up with that?!

Truly
01-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Dewey Hudson, DA, said he didn't have confirmation of the Mexican Authorities issuing a warrant for his arrest on NG. So what is up with that?!

Perhaps LE does not think he is in Mexico? After all, no law enforcement has even approached his family in Mexico. All we have to go on is that he is of Mexican heritage, and that one reporter interviewed somebody at a liquor store. The Mexico story could very well be a ruse. I do wish this guy would be captured and placed behind bars very soon. And I wish he had not been allowed to disappear so easily from Jacksonville, NC.

Truly
01-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Correction: I wish that he had not been allowed to dissappear so easily from Camp Lejeune. Onslow County did not have all the information that The Marines had connecting Laurean as a suspect in Maria's disappearance. I think that the good ol boy system is alive and well in the US military, meaning that the assailants will be protected, while the victim is humiliated, degraded, and punished. There are thousands of cases to back up my assertion. Hopefully this case will break that old mindset wide open for good.

philamena
01-28-2008, 11:57 PM
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/01/28/us_interpol_seek_marine_fugitive/8375/

The U.S. Department of Justice has set in motion an international search for a Marine wanted in the killing of a fellow soldier.

The Interpol-United States National Central Bureau has requested the issuance of an Interpol Red Notice seeking the location of Cesar Armando Laurean-Ramirez, the department said Monday.

KR2tonenow
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
There is an AP article entitled "3200 Marines Prepare for Afghan Tour". (If you google that phrase, hundreds of reliable news sources come up).

It states that "The proposal went to (Defense Secretary Robert) Gates on Friday (JAN 11)... The military began notifying Marines and their families over the weekend... 2200 members...based at Camp Lejeune, NC will go to Afghanistan"

Hmmmm...Jan 11th...the same day CL reported for work and then disappeared... the same day Christina was called back into active duty... the same day Sheriff Brown called the fugitive search "Earthwide"?

I wonder if all his bar-b-q buddies are shipping out and unable to speak to law enforcement?

Unbelievable!! If Cpl Marine Laurean was any kind of man, he would have went to Afganistan!!

KR2tonenow
01-29-2008, 12:27 AM
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/01/28/us_interpol_seek_marine_fugitive/8375/

This is good news! Finally the government is taking part in nabbing this criminal. How did Laurean make it into the Marines????:confused:

philamena
01-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Good question!

Mygirlsadie
01-29-2008, 12:48 AM
As far as his criminal record in the United States I am sure he was cleared of anything. What he did in Mexico before he came to the states..who knows?!

This is good news! Finally the government is taking part in nabbing this criminal. How did Laurean make it into the Marines????:confused:

Tom'sGirl
01-29-2008, 12:53 AM
As far as his criminal record in the United States I am sure he was cleared of anything. What he did in Mexico before he came to the states..who knows?!
He's been a US Citizen since 2003, went to High School in Las Vegas so doubt there is anyting on record in Mexico since he was still a child.

Mygirlsadie
01-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Hopefully... but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a demonic teenager. I had a bf who was in the Army and he also came from Mexico he looked EXACTLY like CL.. ( I mean exactly ) I remember him telling me a story about a pregnant girl who snitched on him for stealing beer from a 7-11 so he backed into her with his car wedging her body against a tree. The baby died. Then I got a call from his x-wife (he was 22) telling me he is nuts & I should be careful of him. I broke up with him because he did scare me. He stalked me after that and I had to move. To this day I keep my number and everything unlisted because of him.

He's been a US Citizen since 2003, went to High School in Las Vegas so doubt there is anyting on record in Mexico since he was still a child.

Truly
01-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Hopefully... but I wouldn't be shocked if he was a demonic teenager. I had a bf who was in the Army and he also came from Mexico he looked EXACTLY like CL.. ( I mean exactly ) I remember him telling me a story about a pregnant girl who snitched on him for stealing beer from a 7-11 so he backed into her with his car wedging her body against a tree. The baby died. Then I got a call from his x-wife (he was 22) telling me he is nuts & I should be careful of him. I broke up with him because he did scare me. He stalked me after that and I had to move. To this day I keep my number and everything unlisted because of him.

Well, Sadie, that is awful, and I hope you reported him to Law Enforcement. But please don't let that experience create an unwarranted hatred for everyone from Mexico. Otherwise, you will only continue to hurt. I hope you find peace.:blowkiss:

Littledeer
01-29-2008, 10:57 AM
mygirl:

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through that!! Thank God, you listenened to your "inner self" and got the heck out of dodge away from him!!!

Hope your life today is a lot smoother and happier. Well, it has to be, your here with us at WS! :)

Mygirlsadie
01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Aww thanks you guys yes I am fine..That was many years ago! I still keep myself unlisted because he scared the poo out of me. I definately don't hold anything against Mexicans lol.. He was a psycho and I know it had nothing to do with being Mexican it just so happened to be a person that reminds me so much of this Laurean.. I know how smooth talking these types can be and how cold hearted if they don't get their way. I should of went to the police but I just left the state because he ran my best friend off into a ditch one night and came up to her window and demanded she tell him where I was..I felt it safer if I just disappeared. (she moved too)

Ticamom
01-29-2008, 03:05 PM
(((((Mygirl))))))

:blowkiss:

btbsmith
01-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Correction: I wish that he had not been allowed to dissappear so easily from Camp Lejeune. Onslow County did not have all the information that The Marines had connecting Laurean as a suspect in Maria's disappearance. I think that the good ol boy system is alive and well in the US military, meaning that the assailants will be protected, while the victim is humiliated, degraded, and punished. There are thousands of cases to back up my assertion. Hopefully this case will break that old mindset wide open for good.
Agree that Marines dropped the ball for dragging out the rape investigation and not seperating the two better, however, I think Sherrif and his outfit share the lion's share of the blame after she was reported missing. Early documents show they knew about the rape allegations but did not dillegently pursue any real contact with the base - just looked into the national database for UAs. Would have been real easy to contact her chain of command on base, NCIS, military police, etc. Yeah, they would have to contact all three because they don't interact together and each interact with LE seperately (this is likely a serious military problem which needs to be addressed). After all went public, sherrif was busy grandstanding for media sat back and let CL miss appointment without following-up (CL gone next day).

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
There was nothing the Sheriff could do to force him to come in at that point. His hands were tied. He was dealing with Cesar's Attorneys.

btbsmith
01-30-2008, 12:36 PM
There was nothing the Sheriff could do to force him to come in at that point. His hands were tied. He was dealing with Cesar's Attorneys.
Ouch - so he could not "pick him up for questioning" like on TV?

BTW, I heard a Fox News report on the radio yesterday that teh FBI was sert to make an announcement on CL's arrest, but it was cancelled after Mexican LE determined they had arrested some other guy named Cesar Laurean! Though he seemed to waive a flag sying here I am while in NC, I would not think he would be using that name. :) As I recall, he used Armando Rameriz on the bus to Mex...

Mygirlsadie
01-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Another thing that irritates me when I think about it is the fact that the whole day the day he fled they were giving updates etc etc..& they kept saying he may be headed to Mexico..ok so shut the dang borders down? I mean obviously they know he would be entering most likely by bus. There has to be something they can do in situations like this. They KNEW where he was headed and they were telling us where he was headed..so dang frustrating! I am ready for a update from Jacksonville & from the marines in charge there in Lejeune!

btbsmith
01-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Another thing that irritates me when I think about it is the fact that the whole day the day he fled they were giving updates etc etc..& they kept saying he may be headed to Mexico..ok so shut the dang borders down? I mean obviously they know he would be entering most likely by bus. There has to be something they can do in situations like this. They KNEW where he was headed and they were telling us where he was headed..so dang frustrating! I am ready for a update from Jacksonville & from the marines in charge there in Lejeune!
I think LE doubted he would go the distnce via bus. Maybe they were thrown off by clues he and/or Xtina left to lead them to believe he was around the area, in Vegas, or took a plane. They did go out of their way to state that when they did find his truck it was very near even walking distance to the airport. Pretty dumb since they already had a "bus" clue from Maria's ticket. At any rate, one would think it would have been fairly easy to roadblock the boarder - not that he could not have still easily gotten over...

Taximom
02-01-2008, 02:47 AM
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2373858/
Interpol issues alert for Laurean

"The Interpol Red Notice is a powerful tool that can assist North Carolina authorities in locating and apprehending Laurean and is placed not only in foreign law enforcement databases and border lookout systems, but in the central database queried by all 186 Interpol member countries," Martin Renkiewicz, director of the Interpol's National Central Bureau in the U.S. and a senior Department of Homeland Security law enforcement official. (more at link)

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Ouch - so he could not "pick him up for questioning" like on TV?

Good question. Did they know where he was so they could pick him up at that time?

btbsmith
02-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Good question. Did they know where he was so they could pick him up at that time?
According to Xtina and the neighbors he was at home at least during the evening and night before he jumped. I would think it would have been easy to stop by and check on why he missed the appointment. But, obviously sherrif did not consider him prime suspect and was not convinced of any harm done to Maria despite their own detective's thoughts as expressed in the very first warrant investigating her disapeaqrance in Dec (~18 or 19 Dec).:bang:

I do know that for lesser mistemeaner crimes it is common for LE to play phone tag with suspects, but this case was in the national spotlight and they had already talked to Cesar at least once - he was questioned on the 7th by someone (NCIS or sherrif?) and questioned on the 8th or 9th by sherrif. Does not make sense that they did not follow-up on his missed appointment...

Ticamom
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
According to Xtina and the neighbors he was at home at least during the evening and night before he jumped. I would think it would have been easy to stop by and check on why he missed the appointment. But, obviously sherrif did not consider him prime suspect and was not convinced of any harm done to Maria despite their own detective's thoughts as expressed in the very first warrant investigating her disapeaqrance in Dec (~18 or 19 Dec).:bang:

I do know that for lesser mistemeaner crimes it is common for LE to play phone tag with suspects, but this case was in the national spotlight and they had already talked to Cesar at least once - he was questioned on the 7th by someone (NCIS or sherrif?) and questioned on the 8th or 9th by sherrif. Does not make sense that they did not follow-up on his missed appointment...

I know what you are saying, btbsmith. And the fact that he inmediately lawyered up ( with 3 attorneys , no less ) should have raised a humongous red flag to LE. Sadly, it didn't. :mad: They let POS slip through their fingers.

murdershewrote
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Acocrding to the man interviewed on Fox last night who is with Interpol, the Interpol Red Alert is only effective if he tries to cross a border...which I seriously doubt he will do.

btbsmith
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Acocrding to the man interviewed on Fox last night who is with Interpol, the Interpol Red Alert is only effective if he tries to cross a border...which I seriously doubt he will do.
I saw that. I'm sure he won't try to come north again, but if he does try to cross south, I bet he would find a way to cross where there are no guards so as to be unnoticed (even without knowledge of the red notice).

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2008, 12:58 PM
It is eventually going to hit him he will never see his mother again unless it is behind bars. I wouldn't be surprised if the family didn't help him cross back into the US eventually to see her. Then again, they could find a way to take his mother to him there.

murdershewrote
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
well, if he's in his early 20's, then his mother is probably say in her mid-40's,not very old...so I'm sure she could travel back and forth herself between Mexico and US very easily. I'm sure LE will be watching her but they can't stop her from travelling. She could even take her grandchild with her for a visit.

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
True. She could. However, I doubt that Christina or her family would be willing to risk that Cesar could run off with his child.

murdershewrote
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I was wondering, too, if LE might eventually use the child in some way to lure him out...but I guess that could be very dangerous for the baby.

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
No, they wouldn't do that. This man is considered armed and dangerous. He killed and burned a woman and her baby...then threw parties over their dead bodies. They won't even risk their own officers to entice him.

murdershewrote
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
well, I was thinking more in the lines of working thru his wife, eventually monitoring contact with each other, and his wife playing on his emotions (if he actually has any) about seeing his child, never seeing his child again...something along those lines. Course, this is if this manhunt drags out a long while and the authorities can't find him any other way.

SeriouslySearching
02-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe they need to pay some Mexican Police under the table thousands of dollars to find him and throw him across the border a few feet.

Seven
02-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I hope this isn't a duplicate......

Duane 'Dog' Chapman on Fugitive Marine Manhunt

VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: . . . All right. Dog, how do — you find Cesar Laurean [in Mexico]? ...

CHAPMAN: Well, first of all, we've — it took us 19 days — we being Americans — to get this right. First of all, America has to ask Interpol for a "locate and notify," which they didn't do for, like, 17 days. Once Mark Fuhrman went down there, he started asking questions, Have you seen Cesar? Have you — has he been around? And he — the first thing he did is ask, Is he wanted? He checked the computer. He checked the Mexican government. He was not wanted because Mexico did not know he was wanted because America didn't tell them. ...

video clip of January 30, 2008 interview @
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

Interesting interview includes some comparison between
the Cesar Laurean and Andrew Luster cases.

Go Mark! Get Cesar! :woohoo:

Mygirlsadie
02-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Wow! So he is going to go after Laurean?! Oooh sweet sweet justice! I just hope Baby Lisa don't try and get involved..(she causes too much drama)

Seven
02-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Wow! So he is going to go after Laurean?! Oooh sweet sweet justice! I just hope Baby Lisa don't try and get involved..(she causes too much drama)
Well ... I don't know if he'll actually stay down there and hunt for him personally, but I'm really starting to see the value of the Investigative Journalism of Greta and Nancy. Furhman is a regular guest on Greta. And Nancy's broadcast manager in Mexico was the one who found out about Cesar's cousin, visited him, was told CL stopped by "to say hi" :rolleyes: over a week ago and then found out that Mexico was not looking for him because had not received a particular go-ahead from a particular judge.

19 days and our LE, FBI, govt, etc,
had not taken the necessary formal steps! :furious:

Nancy, Greta and their investigative teams
are doing Justice's work! :clap:

SeriouslySearching
02-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Yes, I like Mark Fuhrman. It would be great if Mark were the one to find him!

Seven
02-03-2008, 06:14 AM
I do too, SS ...... and he's an excellent detective .... I believe his investigation and book "Murder in Greenwich" might have been instrumental in the prosecution (after almost 30 years) of Michael Skakel for the murder of 15-year-old Martha Moxley in 1975.

Crime-Dreamer
02-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I am new to this site. I joined this site because of this case.

Does anyone know what the charges are on the warrant in Mexico?

If he is extridited for rape or kidnapping, can he then chared with murder once he is here or can he only be tried in the US for the charges on the orginal arrest warrant issued in Mexico?

Did he have a crimminal record in the US or Mexico?

Mygirlsadie
02-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Now that is one handsome man! :blowkiss:

Yes, I like Mark Fuhrman. It would be great if Mark were the one to find him!

Tom'sGirl
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I am new to this site. I joined this site because of this case.

Does anyone know what the charges are on the warrant in Mexico?

If he is extridited for rape or kidnapping, can he then chared with murder once he is here or can he only be tried in the US for the charges on the orginal arrest warrant issued in Mexico?

Did he have a crimminal record in the US or Mexico?
The Warrant for Cesar Lauean is for Murder, not rape or kidnapping.

Nothing has ever been released as to a prior record. He joined the Marines at 18 after graduating form High School in Las Vegas, NV.

Crime-Dreamer
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
So can they add additional charges after he is here?

Crime-Dreamer
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Post from JDNEWS.com in Jacksonville, NC. Reports that the bounty is too low for professional bounty hunters to look for him because it won't cover expenses. Includes interviews and new sources contributing to the bounty. Reports Dog the Bounty Hunter contacted the Onslow County Seriffif's office February 7. Article dated February 8, 2008.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54872___article.html/reward_information.html

Littledeer
02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Welcome to WS Crime-Dreamer. (Like the nick) :)

Do me a favor though...........don't dream too much of crime...there is more than enough going on every day without having to either dream of them or dream one up!

If the Bounty Hunters won't take the case because of the low "reward", then obviously the family and/or LE need to up the ante!!!! It's almost been a month and CL must be digging himself further and further in the hills or something in Mexico. Remember, we are still looking for Bin Laden!

Crime-Dreamer
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
[quote=Littledeer;1972488]Welcome to WS Crime-Dreamer. (Like the nick) :)

Do me a favor though...........don't dream too much of crime...there is more than enough going on every day without having to either dream of them or dream one up!

quote]

I appreciate it but I don't dream them up and I don't have a choice about the ones I dream about. Some are vauge some are vivid. This one found me before they found her and the details were vivid. Given a choice, I would want to see nothing about it.

Spazkat9696
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Isn't bounty hunting illegal in Mexico. Isn't that what "Dogg" got in trouble for?

Littledeer
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Spaz:

I think you are correct if my memory serves me correctly. "Dog" did go to Mexico for someone else and did cause a fiasco between the Mexican Government and the US Government.

I think it was discussed somewhere.................maybe DB or JDB or someone else can find where it was discussed at??

But can't Bounty Hunters get into Mexico without declaring their intentions?? Maybe that is what got Dog into trouble??

I'm ready to go to Mexico now under any pretenses........this is ridiculous that CL has not been apprehended by anyone!!!!!!!!

Spazkat9696
02-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Dog went after the Max Factor rapist guy. They(Mexico) busted him (Dogg) for bounty hunting and for kidnapping the POS when he brought him back to the US.

Jaded
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Spaz:

I think you are correct if my memory serves me correctly. "Dog" did go to Mexico for someone else and did cause a fiasco between the Mexican Government and the US Government.

I think it was discussed somewhere.................maybe DB or JDB or someone else can find where it was discussed at??

But can't Bounty Hunters get into Mexico without declaring their intentions?? Maybe that is what got Dog into trouble??

I'm ready to go to Mexico now under any pretenses........this is ridiculous that CL has not been apprehended by anyone!!!!!!!!

I am in total agreement about it being ridiculous that he hasn't been apprehended yet. Unbelievable. I also read that the reward money is not enough to entice a bounty hunter to go down there looking for him. They need to get this POS into custody.

Crime-Dreamer
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Link from Greta's show on fox. Charges against Chapman have been dropped. Bounty Hunting is illegal in Mexico.
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Jan30/0,4670,ChapmanExtradition,00.html

I posted another link from JDNews.com article about why bounty hunters say the bounty is too low. In that same article they report that Dog has registered with the Onslow County Sherriff's office. It is on another thread dated yesterday, I think. It is at JDNEWS.COM

Some talk around Jacksonville NC is that he is not in Mexico and still in NC. ID of Maria's was found on top of bushes at bus station across from the police station. Ticket purchased. Car at the airport. Was it all a fake to point to travel? Her phone was on top of a trash can at the main gate of the camp and the note that she was leaving too. Too many leads to be real some think.

Truly
02-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Some talk around Jacksonville NC is that he is not in Mexico and still in NC.

Hi CrimeDreamer, Is this something you have heard people who live in Jacksonville say, or did you hear it on a TV report, or read it somewhere?

There have been no statements from the base, to my knowledge, since Jan 15th, and it is my opinion, also, that he has never left LeJeune. :waitasec:

Spazkat9696
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi CrimeDreamer, Is this something you have heard people who live in Jacksonville say, or did you hear it on a TV report, or read it somewhere?

There have been no statements from the base, to my knowledge, since Jan 15th, and it is my opinion, also, that he has never left LeJeune. :waitasec:

I have to disagree. The only way he would still be on LeJeune is if he were dead and the hadn't found his body yet. No way the Marines would hide him. I think he is in Mexico. I'm sure he is aware they will not extradite on a death penalty case. Let's just hope he doesn't go to Venezuela because the don't extradite to the US period.

Truly
02-09-2008, 01:04 AM
He could be in the brig!:behindbar Who would know? The Marine Corps are not legally required to give any information to law enforcement. But I totally agree that the USMC would not be hiding him to protect him; he is no longer anybody's stellar Marine. Rather, I think that there could be a vested interest in preventing him from appearing in a civilian court. There is a whole can of worms there that lots of people might just rather keep a lid on.

Crime-Dreamer
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I belive it because he raped her and did not leave. He murdered her in his own house and did not leave the house. He buried her in his back yard and did not leave. I think he isn't going anywhere. Some blogs of people from LeJeune believe it too. Just do a search on Facebook. Although now most have changed their photos to non-uniform photos. At first they had photos of them in Marine clothing. Now they are in civilian clothing but using the same account names. Some belive he is in Hickory NC where everyone goes for vacations. Place is packed with Marines. I think he is there or in the brig. Hiding in plain site. I think Dog is going after him in the US. If not I am hoping Dog will read this or someone else will who can get someone that info.

Littledeer
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe this will "shake" Lorean loose!

:woohoo:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23125681

MysteryAddict
02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
It just seems ridiculous that Cesar Lauean has not been picked up yet!

Did Mark Furman nail down proof that he actually was seen in Mexico?

I think he probably is, but there is always the chance that his cousin could have made up that story about him coming into his bar.

If he is never sighted by anyone, I will suspect that while his family is thinking he is well hidden, MRS. POS may be laughing to herself because
she got rid of him and hid his body really well! LOL

Littledeer
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh my Mrs. Addict:

Technically I'm still a "newbie" which means my thought thought process does not go down to low levels.........

But stomping...........are you thinking that Mrs. POS took care of MR. POS???

Littledeer
02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
WHY ISN'T ANYBODY TALKING NOW??

Pretty quite, not only in the news, but even here on WS!!

Guess the reward money isn't enough! :(:(

STOMPING MAD.................... (galloping off to get DP now) the coward

STEADFAST
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Okay, I'll talk. Where the H*LL is this guy!!????

Tom'sGirl
02-12-2008, 08:49 PM

Nothing new to post about LD. They did question Christina again last Friday, but other than that all I've read are contridicting stories from several Media sources.

Littledeer
02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Is anyone looking for Cesar Lauren??

TKS2003
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM

Unfortunately it seems like Laurean did the "smart" thing by going to Mexico to hide his sorry self. Mexico is SO notorious for not helping us apprehend heinous, and even not so heinous criminals, and even the FBI powers are limited when they are in Mexico.
Too bad Dog the Bounty Hunter cant do this, as he got into so much *hit for going down there and finding Andrew Luster....
I have to wonder why a country (Mexico) that is SO dependent on the United States would make it so difficult for us to find criminals in their country.
Such a sad, sad, case.
And I bet they had to cut some sort of deal with his wife, so she wont get any punishment for her role in this crime. I know, I know, it isnt clear what her role was, BUT she knew SOMETHING, and she helped him get a head start to Mexico.

Tom'sGirl
02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm sure they are LD but not making a big 'too-doo' over it which wouldn't be wise. Even though for those of us who want some word, we know by now sometimes the least said by LE can be beneficial.

raisincharlie
02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
WRAL article posted this A.M. :

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2470523/

"Authorities are pursuing new leads in the international search for Cesar Armando Laurean, according to NC WANTED."

Nothing really new said but at least the search is still on.

Tom'sGirl
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
WRAL article posted this A.M. :

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2470523/

"Authorities are pursuing new leads in the international search for Cesar Armando Laurean, according to NC WANTED."

Nothing really new said but at least the search is still on.
I got this also this morning, shows what looks like an old PassPort photo.

Cesar Laurean Update: New Leads in Fugitive Marine Manhunt (http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2470415/)
NC WANTED - Durham,NC,USA
He is also an insider who knows the latest details about the search for fugitive marine Cesar Armando Laurean. "We are continuing to work with the FBI on a ...

BeavisMom62
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Littledeer! Keeping those antlers sharp? This is such a frustrating case. I can't believe that there hasn't been any more information by now. I haven't visited this forum for a while, I have been lurking at so many other forums I can't keep them all straight. I wish I had 24 hours a day, 7 days a week just to check out all of the WS sites. Someone out there CATCH THAT POS!

SeriouslySearching
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I got this also this morning, shows what looks like an old PassPort photo.

Cesar Laurean Update: New Leads in Fugitive Marine Manhunt (http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2470415/)
NC WANTED - Durham,NC,USA
He is also an insider who knows the latest details about the search for fugitive marine Cesar Armando Laurean. "We are continuing to work with the FBI on a ...Thanks, TG! He does look different with the longer hair and while I know it is a younger photo...I can see how much difference it makes to have facial hair and the hair. Glad to know they are still actually looking!

joe jones
03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Have there been any confirmed sightings of him at all?

Tom'sGirl
03-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Have there been any confirmed sightings of him at all?
Nothing, as far as we know has been released joe. I did read on GVS where they would like to go back down there again.

Mygirlsadie
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Whatever GVS means I want them to go down there whoever they are!! This needs to be brought back up to the surface! What happened to Maria was disgusting and cruel & psychotic. This animal needs to be caught. (was DNA of the baby ever determined?)

Tom'sGirl
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Whatever GVS means I want them to go down there whoever they are!! This needs to be brought back up to the surface! What happened to Maria was disgusting and cruel & psychotic. This animal needs to be caught. (was DNA of the baby ever determined?)

GVS=Greta Van Susteren.

OTR (On the Record) Steph Watts and Mark Fuhrman made a trip back in January where they spoke with CAL's cousin at the cousin's Liquor store. Greta had mentioned that they, Stef & Mark, would like to return.

The findings from the repeat autopsy have not been revealed, and I don't expect to hear the results until there is a trial.

SeriouslySearching
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
What trial?! Unless they do it in absentia. They aren't going to find him since no one seems to really be searching for him, imo. I think Mark F. and Steph got the closest...but that trail has dried up I am sure.

Mygirlsadie
03-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Oh ok thank you! I love Greta I can't believe I didn't realize GVS was her initials lol...anyway I hope they do go down there and pound the pavement!! Someone needs to be on Maria and the baby's side here! What will it take to make this front page news again? Has a case ever went from front page to back page back to front page?!

GVS=Greta Van Susteren.

OTR (On the Record) Steph Watts and Mark Fuhrman made a trip back in January where they spoke with CAL's cousin at the cousin's Liquor store. Greta had mentioned that they, Stef & Mark, would like to return.

The findings from the repeat autopsy have not been revealed, and I don't expect to hear the results until there is a trial.

SeriouslySearching
03-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh ok thank you! I love Greta I can't believe I didn't realize GVS was her initials lol...anyway I hope they do go down there and pound the pavement!! Someone needs to be on Maria and the baby's side here! What will it take to make this front page news again? Has a case ever went from front page to back page back to front page?!Sure! The Natalee Holloway case certainly did. :)

Trino
03-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's better to wait a bit. Right now if Mexico allows the US to take him, he won't get the DP. Perhaps US authories are waiting in hopes he makes the mistake of crossing into the US.

SeriouslySearching
03-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Maybe the US authorities should pay someone to bop him in the head and drag his sorry @zz back across!

MysteryAddict
03-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Maybe the US authorities should pay someone to bop him in the head and drag his sorry @zz back across!

Best plan I've heard of yet!!! LOL

Jaded
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I check here often for news, and each time am so disappointed that there is nothing going on. :(

sherryggg
03-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi,
I like the bop him in the head idea. Too many people out their desperate for babies, and this scum takes the life of possibly his own child. Such a terrible, useless, tragic waste.:confused:

davenj
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I think sooner or later CL will cross back over into the US,if he's not still here.It's odd how the only people who saw him in Mexico were his family.Anyone know long LE will wait for him to try and contact his wife or family before they hang it up?

panthera
03-11-2008, 09:13 PM
I think sooner or later CL will cross back over into the US,if he's not still here.It's odd how the only people who saw him in Mexico were his family.Anyone know long LE will wait for him to try and contact his wife or family before they hang it up?
He was born and raised in Mexico and probably has a lot of extended family there he can hide out with. Maybe LE can't locate all of them to see if he's there with them or they're just not looking that hard? I can't imagine why he'd return to the US and face the DP which is only off the table if he's found in Mexico.

Crime-Dreamer
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
The case is back in local media. Congressman writes letter to Marine Corps. seeking answers about how they have handled the investigation into her rape and the murder investigations.

http://www.wkef22.com/newsroom/oh/topstory/topstory2.shtml

davenj
03-12-2008, 08:28 AM
He was born and raised in Mexico and probably has a lot of extended family there he can hide out with. Maybe LE can't locate all of them to see if he's there with them or they're just not looking that hard? I can't imagine why he'd return to the US and face the DP which is only off the table if he's found in Mexico.

I think he'll come back to try and see his daughter and wife or parents.Sooner or later he's gonna wonder what Christina has told the authorities about the whole thing.To be honest I don't think he's the brains in this operation,I think Christina is.Mexican police are big time corrupt.They aren't looking for him very hard,or are being paid to look the other way.

STEADFAST
03-14-2008, 01:07 AM
"Captain Sutherland said they do believe Laurean was in Mexico at one point but feel like new information has them searching in the right places.
Sutherland said, "There's no way that we can put a time table on exactly when we believe that he will be captured but we do have relevant information that we think is going to lead to his capture."
Onslow County Investigators are working with the F-B-I on eliminating Laurean's resources and narrowing down the ways that keep him on the run."
http://www.wwaytv3.com/onslow_county_investigators_are_now_broadening_the ir_search_for_corporal_cesar_laurean/03/2008

I sure hope they are really closing in on that POS!

thefragile7393
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
*subbing

Tom'sGirl
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
*subbing
*subbing :confused:

thefragile7393
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I want to subscribe and follow, but you have to make a post...so therefore I was making a post to "sub" or subscribe. I cannot add anything intelligent to say, since others have made my thoughts clear.

Spazkat9696
03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I want to subscribe and follow, but you have to make a post...so therefore I was making a post to "sub" or subscribe. I cannot add anything intelligent to say, since others have made my thoughts clear.

FYI ~ You can subscribe to any thread without posting by using the thread tools on the upper right hand side of the thread.

Littledeer
03-21-2008, 09:20 PM
The key word being from Captain Sutherland is "ONE POINT", for Lauren to be in Mexico.

Are they alluding to the possibility that Lauren is no longer in Mexico??

I do realize that Steadfast made that quote on 3/14 and today is 3/21..........thoughts anyone?

STEADFAST
03-21-2008, 10:34 PM
The key word being from Captain Sutherland is "ONE POINT", for Lauren to be in Mexico.

Are they alluding to the possibility that Lauren is no longer in Mexico??

I do realize that Steadfast made that quote on 3/14 and today is 3/21..........thoughts anyone?

Yeah, "WAS in Mexico AT ONE POINT." Either there's a lot going on we don't know, or that article was worded poorly.

Tom'sGirl
03-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah, "WAS in Mexico AT ONE POINT." Either there's a lot going on we don't know, or that article was worded poorly.
I think Rick Sutherland's comment was due to the fact that at one point the cousin and aunt had/has claimed they saw and spoke with Cesar.

However, it doesn't mean he's still there, if he was at all.

Mygirlsadie
03-22-2008, 08:24 AM
I agree with you. I think Christine got a few good whacks in herself. I believe 99% that the wife was behind most of it. The whole thing screams of ''a women scorned'' to me.

I think he'll come back to try and see his daughter and wife or parents.Sooner or later he's gonna wonder what Christina has told the authorities about the whole thing.To be honest I don't think he's the brains in this operation,I think Christina is.Mexican police are big time corrupt.They aren't looking for him very hard,or are being paid to look the other way.