PDA

View Full Version : was Christina involved?

close_enough
01-17-2008, 06:23 PM
i hope this works...i've only posted one poll in the little over 4 yrs i've been at WS!!

ember
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I voted murder and cover up, most definitely.

If not, why lie about what she knew and when she knew it?
Obvioulsy she knew it wasn't suicide, like the note said, if they had consulted an attorney the day before and he mentioned DP.

bakerprune64
01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
At a minimum she is guilty of aiding and abetting. She let him get a head start out of town. And I hope she will be prosecuted for her part in this:furious:

nanandjim
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I lean towards murder and coverup. I just do not see Maria going to their house on her own accord. I don't even know if Laurean is in Mexico. This entire thing is really strange. He buries this poor girl in his own backyard. Yet, he has an elaborate escape plan... I hope that they test the baby and announce that this baby was indeed this scumbag's. He denied ever having sex with her. So, I guess his supporters will change their story to say that it was consensual...There's always an answer for everything.

Heck, even the person who completed the paperwork for the second restraining order said that she found it hard to believe that Laurean could ever scare anyone. When she was asked if she thought that Laurean could be a murderer. She said something like, "I guess anyone can be if they are pushed hard enough." What was she trying to imply?? :(

Mohabi
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I feel she was definitely involved in the cover up and very possibly in the murder also.

golfmom
01-17-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm convinced that she was involved with at the very minimum the cover-up. At this time, there's been three completely different stories given:

1. her first statement to LE where she woke up and found a note;

2. her father's statement to the press that she tried to encourage him to turn himself in prior to him leaving; and

3. today's information that she had specific information the day before her husband went rabbit.

Since none of these accounts agree, we can only conclude she's lying and has some involvement.

ember
01-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I lean towards murder and coverup. I just do not see Maria going to their house on her own accord. I don't even know if Laurean is in Mexico. This entire thing is really strange. He buries this poor girl in his own backyard. Yet, he has an elaborate escape plan... I hope that they test the baby and announce that this baby was indeed this scumbag's. He denied ever having sex with her. So, I guess his supporters will change their story to say that it was consensual...There's always an answer for everything.

Heck, even the person who completed the paperwork for the second restraining order said that she found it hard to believe that Laurean could ever scare anyone. When she was asked if she thought that Laurean could be a murderer. She said something like, "I guess anyone can be if they are pushed hard enough." What was she trying to imply?? :(

I caught that too Nan. It was the interveiw with the female who was blacked out...same one you saw? I thought that statement was very telling. I wonder what she thinks a person could do to push another person to do such a heinous thing? I wonder if she's seen more than she's saying.

nanandjim
01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
I caught that too Nan. It was the interveiw with the female who was blacked out...same one you saw? I thought that statement was very telling. I wonder what she thinks a person could do to push another person to do such a heinous thing? I wonder if she's seen more than she's saying.
That's the one that I saw. The caption, I believe, said that she was Laurean's friend. She said what a great guy he was. I took that remark to mean that she thought that Maria was lying about the rape and the baby being a result of the rape. I could be totally wrong, but I took it to almost mean that he wouldn't have committed murder if she hadn't pushed him to the breaking point. If that is the case, it is disgusting. Women stab other women in the back. It makes me sick!

KR2tonenow
01-17-2008, 07:50 PM
awesome thanks for doing that!

Pharlap
01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm leaning toward cover up, so I can't vote yet.
Need more correct facts..
The murder weapon(if it turns out to be) was given the the LE last sat, 5 days ago and we are now hearing about it.
So that leads me to believe there's a h*ll a lot more they have and not telling the public.
She's differently involved but to what extent, not sure.

JDB
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I voted but will not declare. An if I am wrong I will eat crow.:crazy:

Ticamom
01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
I feel that she helped in the murder and cover-up. All her lies are incriminating her further. and I am sure she is already hanging herself by changing stories and theories. :behindbar

Pharlap
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
I voted but will not declare. An if I am wrong I will eat crow.:crazy:

I bet you voted number 1........:crazy:

JDB
01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I bet you voted number 1........:crazy:

DAng busted NOT!!! LAffin:crazy:

Pharlap
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
DAng busted NOT!!! LAffin:crazy:

Not telling is all your saying...

Jaded
01-17-2008, 10:03 PM

I caught that, too and wondered what she was implying. Could be nothing, but this case is so strange. I think that Christina could be involved, but if she's not the fact that she knew the day before he disappeared that he killed her, she is guilty of giving him time to get out of dodge before she turned that note over.

KR2tonenow
01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I caught that, too and wondered what she was implying. Could be nothing, but this case is so strange. I think that Christina could be involved, but if she's not the fact that she knew the day before he disappeared that he killed her, she is guilty of giving him time to get out of dodge before she turned that note over.

Me too! She sounded almost happy he got away!

Pharlap
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM

I seemed to agree with you too, that didn't sit right with me either.
One of his friends maybe?

paddy01
01-17-2008, 11:41 PM
I believe she was involved in the murder and cover up.

philamena
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Definitely coverup, possibly helped murder Maria and her unborn child.

SeriouslySearching
01-18-2008, 05:29 AM
I think there is a good chance she was involved in the murder and the cover up. You are talking not just a woman scorned here to the nth degree, but a Marine. Hubby either is cheating or raped another woman and probably impregnates the woman he swore he did not have sex with. Jealousy and rage could figure into this equation quite easily. She had as much motive as her hubby did to kill Maria and the baby...if not more!

Elphaba
01-18-2008, 09:37 AM
The more stuff that comes out, the more I am convinced that she is involved in some kind of way.

Does anyone know if the legal counsel she is currently under, is the same lawyer they supposedly went and saw the day before he high-tailed it out of the area? And, has it been officially verified that they really did go to the lawyers office, the day before he fled...

Pharlap
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Don't know, but they are keeping her on base is all I've heard..

SeriouslySearching
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
The more stuff that comes out, the more I am convinced that she is involved in some kind of way.

Does anyone know if the legal counsel she is currently under, is the same lawyer they supposedly went and saw the day before he high-tailed it out of the area? And, has it been officially verified that they really did go to the lawyers office, the day before he fled...I would assume since it was in the affidavit for the search warrant, LE would have checked out this detail. I have not seen a report out in the media tho.

Jolynna
01-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I think Christina helped with clean up. She may or may not have helped with the murder. But, I don't know that it can be proven beyong a reasonable doubt that she did anything but wait a long time to turn information over to the police.

I think she cut a deal and that is why LE has taken the line that she is cooperating and no charges are being fired.

I think Christina and CL were probably up all night conjuring up a story which would point away from Christine before CL fled. As bad as the story is, whatever the real timeline, through the note Christina is alibied when the murder happened. According to her and her husband's note Christina, didn't know about the murder until the Jan. 10. It can't be proved otherwise, either.

Once CL is caught, as long as he sticks to the story he wrote in that note, Christina is the prosecutor's star witness.

I think most of us think she had more participation that that, but, I think Christina made a deal all are satisfied with and will be free to move and start her life over eventually.

Pharlap
01-18-2008, 08:21 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 07:11 PM
Pharlap (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=3570) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1922473", true);

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
I now believed she was involved at least with the cover up.
Paint bought the 16th. And there was a lot of blood all over 2 rooms.
She'd have to be blind not seeing at least spots. Even after it was so called learned up by him..
Any small amounts left(which I wouldn't believe it got all of it) would bleed threw.
Where was wify again on the 16th?
JMO

Seven
01-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm leaning toward thinking xtina not only helped in the cover-up, but also helped in the planning.

* xtina's false statement that at approximately 4:00 a.m. on January 11, 2008, Cesar Laurean left their residence.
(We know this is false because her neighbor saw POS in his driveway at 6:30 a.m.)

* Xtina obviously knew her home had been used as an abattoir. as she and "stellar" painted over the evidence inside her garage and on the walls and ceilings of rooms in her house. (I mean, you dont leave the house in its normal condition in the morning, then come back after blood has been spattered on walls, ceilings, in garage & and simply not notice that something's different.)

* I'm thinking xtina purposely stayed away from the house on Friday 12/14 (attending on-base Christmas Eve party? Was she even active military on 12/14? If not, she went to the party without her husband. So, either she was expecting to go to that party with him OR she knew he would not be attending--I believe the latter). If the party she went to on 12/14 was the one on base and she WASN'T in on the planning (creating plausible deniability for herself because of their daughter), I mean -- what would you do if you were expecting to meet up with your husband at a Christmas party and he just never showed up?

hmmm ... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_23.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYIXUS) ... all night long ... might even get worried.

Mygirlsadie
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
So you think she will walk away from this without even a slap on the wrist? If she is involved in any way I don't care what kind of deal they gave her I just don't see any justice in this at all...

I think Christina helped with clean up. She may or may not have helped with the murder. But, I don't know that it can be proven beyong a reasonable doubt that she did anything but wait a long time to turn information over to the police.

I think she cut a deal and that is why LE has taken the line that she is cooperating and no charges are being fired.

I think Christina and CL were probably up all night conjuring up a story which would point away from Christine before CL fled. As bad as the story is, whatever the real timeline, through the note Christina is alibied when the murder happened. According to her and her husband's note Christina, didn't know about the murder until the Jan. 10. It can't be proved otherwise, either.

Once CL is caught, as long as he sticks to the story he wrote in that note, Christina is the prosecutor's star witness.

I think most of us think she had more participation that that, but, I think Christina made a deal all are satisfied with and will be free to move and start her life over eventually.

SeriouslySearching
01-21-2008, 06:45 AM
We don't know for a fact the neighbor saw him on that particular day. The neighbor could be mistaken on the date.

DEPUTYDAWG
01-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Don't know, but they are keeping her on base is all I've heard..

Just heard Greta on Fox this morning, and she made the comment that "the military have her squirreled up" and unavailable. This is the first comment I've heard about her whereabouts, but it goes along with what you've heard, I guess.

Has anyone else heard anything else about her current status/whereabouts?

Oh, and to keep this on topic, yes I voted!

Seven
01-21-2008, 12:21 PM
We don't know for a fact the neighbor saw him on that particular day. The neighbor could be mistaken on the date.

Hi, SS! :)

Not sure which day you mean, but the interview w/the neighbor entitled "Speaking Out" occurred the day after LE rescued Maria and Gabriella from CL's backyard, and since there was a giant hole in the fence, the neighbor saw everything. And all the dates he mentioned were in relation to that traumatic weekend--Jan 11 to Jan 13, 2008.

When he was first asked, he said he saw cesar driving maria's car the same day cesar borrowed his shovel. He didn't insist on it when the interviewer asked again, but I've heard him say it in other interviews, and he seemed certain about that and a couple others.

Have you seen the interview?
http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

SeriouslySearching
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Yes, I have seen the interviews. Witnesses are not always reliable, imo.

Seven
01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, I have seen the interviews. Witnesses are not always reliable, imo.

I completely agree. In fact, they're often unreliable.

But when people have a reason to try to remember, the fact that his attention was called to maria's car by his brother-in-law (or whoever it was) because it was the same make as his daughter's ....... and then then both looked at the driver and saw that it was CL (a vehicle he'd never seen CL driving in the 2 years they were neigbors and never saw again afterward) ........ and remembered that that was the same day CL had asked him to borrow a shovel. IOW, he gave a good reason/support for his memory.

Pharlap
01-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I completely agree. In fact, they're often unreliable.

But when people have a reason to try to remember, the fact that his attention was called to maria's car by his brother-in-law (or whoever it was) because it was the same make as his daughter's ....... and then then both looked at the driver and saw that it was CL (a vehicle he'd never seen CL driving in the 2 years they were neigbors and never saw again afterward) ........ and remembered that that was the same day CL had asked him to borrow a shovel. IOW, he gave a good reason/support for his memory.

I would agree that would stand out in his mind.....

katiecoolady
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I voted coverup but no doubt any number of celebrity defense attorneys are cooking up all kinds of defenses for HIM, I imagine including that SHE did it in a fit of post partum depression.

FMRUSMC
01-25-2008, 12:27 AM
I had not noticed this until today so my vote is she has to be involved in some way - my reasons:

(1) The for sale sign in the back of Maria's car - my Questions?
Were the Laurean's planning on selling her car?
Was Maria's cell phone on the 'For Sale' sign and Xtina was answering
the phone to monitor potential buyers.
(2) The stuffed puppy dog in the back window?
How could Xtina miss this?
Was this the Laurean's 18 month old's toy?
Was this Maria's cool stuff?

Based on just these two items - how could Xtina not have noticed for a week? After all, she was a Marine as well.
What is going on in this investigation? Why hasn't these redneck, non-communicating, clothes-hangar body detecting LE's removed the sign for hand-writng analysis and DNA testing on the toy.

c'mon LE - luminol everything, hand writing analysis on everything, DNA test everything - NG, I need help - I am getting so sick.
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 09:00 AM
LE hasn't done any testing to include Christina, imo. They have solely gone after Cesar and will continue to do so. I think it is an enormous mistake on their part and will only lead to Christina's involvement not being punished in any way. Since this was obviously Cesar and Christina's plan to begin with...I would say they were two very crafty Marines who did in fact outsmart and outplay both the Marines, FBI, and LE. How else can you look at it?! He is wandering around Mexico as free as a bird and she is being protected by the Marines and LE from any prosecution because she is a "key witness"...even if what she has told them is full of deceptions and allowed the escape of her husband. It is just mindboggling!!