PDA

View Full Version : Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #10

Pages : [1] 2 3

chicoliving
01-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Continue here and remember its ok to thread out some of these subjects.

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm seriously considering antlering chico. This is the 5th time she has made a new thread with no warning while I am posting!! LOL

THANKS CHICO!!!

Well, here is what I was typing......

Wow, thanks from the other side!!!

You were the adopted moms!! You guys rock also.

HELL, WE ALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that includes all natural born posters here too!!! :)

Storm
01-19-2008, 05:45 PM
You know, she may have wanted to tell him her
decision..just to delete him and the entire
event from her life (of course, it would have
always really been there)..maybe he did talk
her into coming over to discuss it...
something just tells me that she wouldn't have
done that..why should she do anything he asked?

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I had just posted this when Chico closed the thread, so I'll repeat this:

I'm confused about the Lowe's video. Last night on the news they circled the dark haired guy on the right and said he was POS. But on today's news they circled the stockier guy on the left whose face is not clear ( and his hair is lighter ) and say THAT is POS. Which one is the true POS ?

Thanks for any help you can give to untangle this !

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Tica:

I didn't get to see the video. Has it been posted anywhere yet??

Anyone know?????

golfmom
01-19-2008, 05:55 PM
At least some of the video from Lowes can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-VNO2nyHE

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry, but wanted to bring this forward as it was my last post before chico closed the thread. I wanted to make sure that it was read.

Storm & Suzi & Close:

Amazing looking back to see how "strong" we actually were in a time where there was no one for us.

Maria would have had this same feeling had she not been murdered, and I am just SICK SICK SICK that HER BABY was killed in such a heinious manner.

Maria would have been in 100% protective mode at 8 to 8 1/2 months of her pregnancy and I just can't see in any way shape or form, that she would have wanted to be near CL or put herself near him voluntarily.

But that is just my opinion. She could have called him once she decided that she was leaving and keeping the baby.............and then CL being the type of manipulative, smooth talker that he might be...have said something that got them together on the 14th???

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Tica:

Anyone know?????

I posted it last night. A good copy is at CNN.com under Anderson Cooper 360.

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
golfmom:

Thanks for the video. Tica, does that help for you?

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Tica:

Anyone know?????

I saw the Lowe's video on CNN Headline news last night and today. I don't know if there is a link here for it though. It shows POS coming in the Lowe's doors with another guy, then buying shovels, a wheelbarrow :eek: , and paint. Last night they had circled the guy on the right ( and frankly that one looked just like POS, dark hair, slimmer build, latino ) , but today they have circled the guy on the left and statd that this is POS, and IMO it doesnt look like him ( stockier build, caucasian, lighter hair ) so that is why I am confused.

Does anyone have a link for this video or can explain why the change in POS' identity ? Which one is really Laurean ?

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Well Tica......I can't help you out.

Anyone else who has seen the video.............what do you say??

I would ask something stupid of Tica like............what side were you on in watching the video today? What side were you on watching the video yesterday??

LOL................

ipswitch
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
sneaking in......

hubby home on weekends and wants my attention now.

ughhhhhhhhh

NO NOT LIKE IPSWITCH'S ATTENTION!!!

LOL

making him a shopping list. when's he gone, I'm back! LOL

I'm sorry, did I offend you? What does that (bolded) comment mean?

golfmom
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry, did I offend you? What does that (bolded) comment mean?

LOL ... weren't you going to be indisposed for awhile yesterday . . . :blushing: ;)

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 06:15 PM

I would ask something stupid of Tica like............what side were you on in watching the video today? What side were you on watching the video yesterday??

LOL................

You're funny Littledeer ! I was sitting in my living room with my laptop watching the tv news, I just hope someone else saw the same video last night and then today so they can explain it to me. I hate feeling confused !:confused:

golfmom
01-19-2008, 06:15 PM
ipswitch :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1923182&postcount=14

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 06:17 PM
LOL ... weren't you going to be indisposed for awhile yesterday . . . :blushing: ;)

yeah, your kids were next dor and your hubby wanted ATTENTION .....LOL

:woohoo:

ipswitch
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
ipswitch :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1923182&postcount=14

lol, I completely forgot about posting that!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I guess I'm still stressed :rolleyes: if I forgot about posting that ;)

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:19 PM
ipswitch:

I hate being so graphic...........but my bolding was........

awwwwwwwwww heck.........you were alone with your hubby.......

ok........I'll just say bed. And leave it at that.

golfmom
01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
lol, I completely forgot about posting that!! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I guess I'm still stressed :rolleyes: if I forgot about posting that ;)

LOL, we didn't! :blowkiss:

ipswitch
01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
ipswitch:

I hate being so graphic...........but my bolding was........

awwwwwwwwww heck.........you were alone with your hubby.......

ok........I'll just say bed. And leave it at that.

NP, see above post... I forgot about posting that... I'm still waking up ;)

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Tica:

sorry, ipswitch had me thinking of bed, etc.

Did anyone help you on your question of which person was CL in the video?

panthera
I saw the Lowe's video on CNN Headline news last night and today. I don't know if there is a link here for it though. It shows POS coming in the Lowe's doors with another guy, then buying shovels, a wheelbarrow :eek: , and paint. Last night they had circled the guy on the right ( and frankly that one looked just like POS, dark hair, slimmer build, latino ) , but today they have circled the guy on the left and statd that this is POS, and IMO it doesnt look like him ( stockier build, caucasian, lighter hair ) so that is why I am confused.

Does anyone have a link for this video or can explain why the change in POS' identity ? Which one is really Laurean ?
Hi everyone! I ran across this site and it has the photos there, along with some interesting information. I'm sorry if it's also at the old thread, since I just got here and haven't read over there.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/laureancomparison.html

soobs
Hey, shouldn't this discussion be under the stress relief thread??:crazy: :waitasec: hee hee hee

Storm
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I saw the video last night and they circled the one I thought
it wasn't..they pointed out who was pushing the
wheelbarrel..and it was all confusing to me. It didn't seem
that they had it right.

LOL................

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
soobs:

Righto! LOL

sunshine163
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
what is POS?

ShannonOhara
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Its a bad word

Pharlap
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
what is POS?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pos

ShannonOhara
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
My ex husband is a POS

get it?

Storm
01-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Suspect is a POS and maybe her family:(

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 06:45 PM
panthera:

I just spend the last 10 minutes looking at those images.

What makes me believe that the person who is pushing the wheelbarrow is not CL, is he is not wearing a long sleeve shirt.

I had mentioned earlier today (or yesterday) that IMO his tattoo was a identifying point and he would probably be wearing long sleeve shirts to hide it. While the man in front of him in the video, is built closely to CL, he is wearing a short sleeve shirt.

Now if that video was taken on the 16th, and Maria had been killed by CL on the 14th, I would think he would be thinking to hide anything that might identify him as he goes about his business in a place that might have videos.

IMO

sunshine163
01-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I get it now! I thought it was some type of army lingo!

panthera
01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
panthera:

I just spend the last 10 minutes looking at those images.

What makes me believe that the person who is pushing the wheelbarrow is not CL, is he is not wearing a long sleeve shirt.

I had mentioned earlier today (or yesterday) that IMO his tattoo was a identifying point and he would probably be wearing long sleeve shirts to hide it. While the man in front of him in the video, is built closely to CL, he is wearing a short sleeve shirt.

Now if that video was taken on the 16th, and Maria had been killed by CL on the 14th, I would think he would be thinking to hide anything that might identify him as he goes about his business in a place that might have videos.

IMO
I understand what you're saying, Littledeer, but nothing CL did after Maria's death makes me think he's trying to hide anything! Here he has a BBQ over her grave after he built his fire pit. I mean, going to Lowe's to buy the stuff he did wouldn't be "suspicious" at the time until after we know what he did with what he bought and why he bought it. The one video that has me confused is at the ATM where the guy (supposedly CL) has a t-shirt on and I can't see a tattoo.

ipswitch
01-19-2008, 07:07 PM

I call him Cpl POS which is a combo of military (his rank) and POS

:)

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
panthera:

Lol, that was the only video where I knew without a doubt it was CL. As I had mentioned earlier, I thought he was wearing the same white shirt that we have seen in one picture where he was with his daughter, and I can see a pattern of a tattoo on his right shoulder.

Can someone bring that picture forward??? Maybe in photobucket (or whatever the name is).

I'm not computer savy................

panthera
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
panthera:

Lol, that was the only video where I knew without a doubt it was CL. As I had mentioned earlier, I thought he was wearing the same white shirt that we have seen in one picture where he was with his daughter, and I can see a pattern of a tattoo on his right shoulder.

Can someone bring that picture forward??? Maybe in photobucket (or whatever the name is).

Hmmmmmmm :) I'll look at it again!

STEADFAST
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM

I just found out what it means a couple of weeks ago. I always thought it meant something about a "person of suspicion" or, anyway, an LE term of some sort. Boy was I surprised to find out what it means! Didn't know we had such a useful "legal" word on here!

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 07:28 PM
but nothing CL did after Maria's death makes me think he's trying to hide anything!

panthera: Then how do you explain the painting, daughter's slide being put in front yard, dog being put in front yard? Isn't that all part of "hiding" something??

golfmom
01-19-2008, 07:30 PM

Understatement .... :slap:

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I found it on the link posted on the blueline radio link. Thanks !

Here it is if anyone hasn't seen it yet:

In the ATM photo his nose and face look like him, but his chest and arm look much skinnier and less muscled, compared to the Las vegas photo. Also, you can't see his tattoo in the ATM shot.

In the lowes video, I thought POS was the guy on the right, and the one pushing the wheelbarrow. But today I have seen the same video and they have been circling the guy on the left. So I don't know. What do y'all think about the Lowe's video ?

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 07:36 PM
golfmom:

????????

Well I can type...........no overstatement or understatement there. :)

I did post btw on the question we were discussing.

MAN, this is ridiculous................so CL manages to drive his truck.........leave it at a hotel/motel, leave from there,,, get to Texas, post 2 letters to his wife back in NC, possibly in Mexico now.........and still not apprehended.

Appears lots of people dropped the ball on this on!! IMO

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Tica:

Before I even open the link, just wanted to thank you for your time in looking for it!!!!!!

Thanks!

golfmom
01-19-2008, 07:40 PM
LOL Littledeer I was just teasing you about your emoticon deficiencies.

The blueline radio link is interesting. I think that the idea that Cesar may have a brother who not only looks similar to him, but would be willing to assist him needs to be investigated!

Salvador Laurean is the name listed. Is anyone good at Myspace searches? I stink at them. BTW, I could sure use some insider tips of finding myspace accounts if anyone is willing to cough them up.

Littledeer
01-19-2008, 07:42 PM
STOMPING ANTLER:

The picture that is showing CL without his tattoo, has him wearing a "WHITE" shirt.

In the picture from Lowe's, neither man is wearing a "WHITE" shirt.

This appears to be an altered pictured when he is wearing his white shirt reflecting no tattoo.............

Anyone agree with me on this or have I finally gone crazy??

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
STOMPING ANTLER:

The picture that is showing CL without his tattoo, has him wearing a "WHITE" shirt.

This appears to be an altered pictured when he is wearing his white shirt reflecting no tattoo.............

NOW you know how I've felt all day regarding those video/photos from Lowes and the ATM !!!!!

Could POS have changed shirts on the way ? He put on the cap to try and disguise himself. Maybe he thought by wearing different clothes he wouldn't be recognized ???? :confused:

golfmom
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
How funny, I was considering if there was a photoshop of the screen capture as well. I guess I'll go off to try to search out photos. Not much else sleuthing to do on the case now.

panthera
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
panthera: Then how do you explain the painting, daughter's slide being put in front yard, dog being put in front yard? Isn't that all part of "hiding" something??
Ok ~ what I'm saying is stuff like you just mentioned, to me, he isn't really trying to hide anything. It's the dog being tied out front, driving Maria's car, having friends over to BBQ with the body right there, taking money from Maria's bank, and so forth. So why would he try to disguise himself at Lowe's? Shopping there for materials to make a fire pit and paint isn't a big deal at the time since no one knew about her murder. The interior painting could be explained that company was coming for Christmas so they wanted the house to look nice.

JDB
01-19-2008, 07:51 PM
STOMPING ANTLER:

What with the white shirt???The video at Lowes is 8 days before the ATM

golfmom
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
The video is up on AMW website: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/video_photos.cfm?id=52333

panthera
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM

In the ATM photo his nose and face look like him, but his chest and arm look much skinnier and less muscled, compared to the Las vegas photo. Also, you can't see his tattoo in the ATM shot.

In the lowes video, I thought POS was the guy on the right, and the one pushing the wheelbarrow. But today I have seen the same video and they have been circling the guy on the left. So I don't know. What do y'all think about the Lowe's video ?
Thanks for re-posting the link I just posted! :D and you and I have the same opinion of the ATM photo. Did you read the information there at bluelineradio, that it might be his brother? I think the one pushing the wheelbarrow in the Lowe's video is him; the other one doesn't look like CL, imo.

Ticamom
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks for re-posting the link I just posted! :D and you and I have the same opinion of the ATM photo. Did you read the information there at bluelineradio, that it might be his brother? I think the one pushing the wheelbarrow in the Lowe's video is him; the other one doesn't look like CL, imo.

Yes, I was just reading the bluline site. The atm photo loks similar in the nose and eyes, but not the arm or chest or body type at all. It makes sense that it could be a brother.After all, POS looks like he works out in all the other photos, but maybe he has a skinny brother ?

I also think that the one pushing the wheelbarrow is him.

Thanks for replying , Panthera ! Are you near Jacksonville ? ( Curious, thats all ) I am glad that we have several posters that actually live in J'Ville. I lived there most of my childhood, but it has grown and changed quite a bit since then.

LinasK
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I just found out what it means a couple of weeks ago. I always thought it meant something about a "person of suspicion"

Me too! Glad I'm not the only one too embarassed to ask...;)

believe09
01-19-2008, 08:23 PM

He was making room for his fire pit, and he was simply making sure his dog did not react to the dead body....

panthera
01-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes, I was just reading the bluline site. The atm photo loks similar in the nose and eyes, but not the arm or chest or body type at all. It makes sense that it could be a brother.After all, POS looks like he works out in all the other photos, but maybe he has a skinny brother ?

I also think that the one pushing the wheelbarrow is him.

Thanks for replying , Panthera ! Are you near Jacksonville ? ( Curious, thats all ) I am glad that we have several posters that actually live in J'Ville. I lived there most of my childhood, but it has grown and changed quite a bit since then.
You're most welcome! And, no, I'm in Charlotte. :)

Pharlap
01-19-2008, 08:57 PM
He was making room for his fire pit, and he was simply making sure his dog did not react to the dead body....

Right on. As for the brother in the mix ( if indeed it is) that blows this wide open.
His cell should have some info as to the brother I hope, or work number he might have used.:clap:

panthera
01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
The Nancy rerun tonight is from when his truck was found at the Microtel Inn and Geraldo isn't on because of the politics. :(

JinxieJada
01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
The Nancy rerun tonight is from when his truck was found at the Microtel Inn and Geraldo isn't on because of the politics. :(

LOL thanks, I was sitting here scratching my head going wth? Why is she recapping everything - and then hubby is going..are they that far behind you've already told me all this! Glad to know I can change the channel hehe!

panthera
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
LOL thanks, I was sitting here scratching my head going wth? Why is she recapping everything - and then hubby is going..are they that far behind you've already told me all this! Glad to know I can change the channel hehe!
Yes, so no news about CL tonight. America's Most Wanted is supposed to cover the case tonight at 9pm ET though. :)

chicoliving
01-19-2008, 09:45 PM
POS

parent over shoulder
partner over shoulder
person or suspect
piece of chit

Of course when I use POS I'm using it as person or suspect :innocent:

MysteryAddict
01-19-2008, 09:51 PM

According to the article from bluelineradio, Cesar may just have a brother named Salvador Laurean living close by?

Well, if true, that is very surprising!

Where has the media been with that info?

Maybe the look alike guy in the ATM picture with no tattoo is skinny
brother Salvador.

As far as the lowes video, I don't think we can see those guys close
enough to be sure either way.

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 09:56 PM
In the ATM pic, isn't there a tattoo on his right arm by the elbow? Just below the sleeve?

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
The bent elbow pictuer blue line uses is showing the back of POS arm as he is walking away. But you can see it peeking under the sleeve in the front facing picture.

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
In the AMW ATM pic, you can clearly see the tattoo.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/video_photos.cfm?id=52333

Tom'sGirl
01-19-2008, 10:17 PM
To me, none of the photos look like Cesar Laurean or his build. In the video at Lowes when then man in the sweatshirt turns his head slightly to his left, it does look like Cesar.

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 10:26 PM
snips from the below link, The last one sounds like someone who would help CL hide.:
http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54439___article.html/lauterbach_told.html

The Lauterbach autopsy report, however, says she died from blunt-force trauma to the head. Two sources close to the investigation told The Daily News that officials believe Lauterbach was killed in Cesar Laurean's garage with a crowbar.
Law enforcement officials have said they cannot rule out the possibility the bus ticket Lauterbach purchased Dec. 15 has been used by someone else.
The Daily News asked Sheriff's Department officials whether investigators believed someone helped Laurean drive Lauterbach's car to the bus station after Lauterbach was killed.

"If anyone would have knowingly assisted (Laurean) after the homicide, that would be a chargeable offense and it would be inappropriate for me to discuss it at this time," Sutherland said.
The Daily News spoke by telephone to a female at Cesar Laurean's parents' residence in Nevada on Thursday. The woman said she believed there was more to the story than law-enforcement officials were telling.

"I don't believe it," said the woman, who would not identify herself, before hanging up.

JinxieJada
01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Did anyone notice when watching AmW, when removing her body, nothing was blurred out. Tell me what I was seeing was a body bag and not what I think it may be?

BritDees
01-19-2008, 10:57 PM
They just had the story on AMW..

Showed pics of where they thought Maria's blood was in the home..

BritDees
01-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Did anyone notice when watching AmW, when removing her body, nothing was blurred out. Tell me what I was seeing was a body bag and not what I think it may be?

I'm with you Jinxie..you saw what you saw... I mean to say, they didn,t block anything out like they did in NG show.

SuziQ
01-19-2008, 11:03 PM
I hope the woman who answered the phone at POS's parents house saw that video. Other than that. I don't get why that video needs to be shown unedited.

JinxieJada
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I hope the woman who answered the phone at POS's parents house saw that video. Other than that. I don't get why that video needs to be shown unedited.

Can someone please explain what the woman didn't believe (the one who answered the phone) -

She didn't believe what was going on currently? As in, he didn't do it? Or was there something that I missed?

KR2tonenow
01-19-2008, 11:08 PM
According to the article from bluelineradio, Cesar may just have a brother named Salvador Laurean living close by?

Well, if true, that is very surprising!

Where has the media been with that info?

Maybe the look alike guy in the ATM picture with no tattoo is skinny
brother Salvador.

As far as the lowes video, I don't think we can see those guys close
enough to be sure either way.

If that was true might Salvador be brought in for questioning? and charged with being an accomplice to after the fact.

KR2tonenow
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
snips from the below link, The last one sounds like someone who would help CL hide.:
http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54439___article.html/lauterbach_told.html

The Lauterbach autopsy report, however, says she died from blunt-force trauma to the head. Two sources close to the investigation told The Daily News that officials believe Lauterbach was killed in Cesar Laurean's garage with a crowbar.
Law enforcement officials have said they cannot rule out the possibility the bus ticket Lauterbach purchased Dec. 15 has been used by someone else.
The Daily News asked Sheriff's Department officials whether investigators believed someone helped Laurean drive Lauterbach's car to the bus station after Lauterbach was killed.

"If anyone would have knowingly assisted (Laurean) after the homicide, that would be a chargeable offense and it would be inappropriate for me to discuss it at this time," Sutherland said.
The Daily News spoke by telephone to a female at Cesar Laurean's parents' residence in Nevada on Thursday. The woman said she believed there was more to the story than law-enforcement officials were telling.

"I don't believe it," said the woman, who would not identify herself, before hanging up.

SQ, thank you for outlining these key elements.

> snip
On Dec. 14, Lauterbach went to work. Her roommate said that when he returned home, she had taken some personal items and left a note saying, "I could not take this Marine Corps life anymore. So I am going away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maria," Hill said. The Sheriff's Department is having the note's handwriting analyzed>snip

I am glad they are analyzing the note left at Maria's house. I really want to know if she planned on leaving and POS talked her out of it, and brought her back to her house, to kill her.:mad:

KR2tonenow
01-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Can someone please explain what the woman didn't believe (the one who answered the phone) -

She didn't believe what was going on currently? As in, he didn't do it? Or was there something that I missed?

They said, she felt that LE was not telling her everything???
Everything....in regards to what??:confused:

JinxieJada
01-19-2008, 11:25 PM

LOL - k, thank you! But yes, lol now I'm wondering just what exactly is "everything" I'd also like to know what type of relationship Czarina's family has with Xtina....

KR2tonenow
01-19-2008, 11:29 PM
LOL - k, thank you! But yes, lol now I'm wondering just what exactly is "everything" I'd also like to know what type of relationship Czarina's family has with Xtina....

I don't want to read too much into this, but we just have Ctina's side of everything right now, and conflicting videos of ATM transactions.

:eek:

lilpony
01-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Can you tell me what CZARINA'S stands for? Thanks!

Tom'sGirl
01-19-2008, 11:33 PM
No, she didn't say telling her, she said:

The woman said she believed there was more to the story than law-enforcement officials were telling. "I don't believe it," said the woman

STEADFAST
01-19-2008, 11:34 PM

Maybe when the autopsy concluded that Maria was bludgeoned to death, and Laurean had to come up with something different for his family than that Maria committed suicide, he told them some crackpot story about somebody else killing Maria at his house. He is so misunderstood, poor boy. I'm sure they're helping him.

Tom'sGirl
01-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Can you tell me what CZARINA'S stands for? Thanks!
Thank you for bringing that up lilpony, I had thought we were supposed to either use the name or initials. I gather they mean Cesar Laurean.

ACRONYMS=okay!
PSEUDONYMS=NO!

JinxieJada
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Thank you for bringing that up lilpony, I had thought we were supposed to either use the name or initials. I gather they mean Cesar Laurean.

Yup, just my "name" for him. :rolleyes:

Tom'sGirl
01-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe when the autopsy concluded that Maria was bludgeoned to death, and Laurean had to come up with something different for his family than that Maria committed suicide, he told them some crackpot story about somebody else killing Maria at his house. He is so misunderstood, poor boy. I'm sure they're helping him.
I agree Steadfast, and the family will believe him until it's proved otherwise, and maybe not even then.

KR2tonenow
01-19-2008, 11:43 PM

Sure Laurean's lies have affected alot of individuals. It's amazing to me that people are just now noticing what kind of person he is capable of:behindbar

lilpony
01-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Yup, just my "name" for him. :rolleyes:

Oh ok, thanks!:D

glezell
01-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Sorry if I missed the discussion on this...

But on AMW, the picture they showed with the paint, how could christina ot notice that. Nothing in that room (garage maybe?) was that color and such a small patch...

chicoliving
01-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Please refer to the POS by his name or initials. I thought it was another one of his possible names but since its a "nick" let's be done with that. TY

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry if I missed the discussion on this...

But on AMW, the picture they showed with the paint, how could christina ot notice that. Nothing in that room (garage maybe?) was that color and such a small patch...

Oooh, missed AMW tonight. Going to see if pic is uploaded yet.

Tom'sGirl
01-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Oooh, missed AMW tonight. Going to see if pic is uploaded yet.
I still have 38 minutes to go before it starts!

glezell
01-20-2008, 12:33 AM
ok, i have it on my dvr and went back to watch it.

Looks like definitely garage and if the rest of the garage looks like one part (it is a one car garage right?) looks like it is used for storage.

There are three colors on the wall. One whole wall is a light green color. There is a corner and there is one small square that is a red color and the fresh paint and then another small square next to it of the other green color. It almosts looks like a patch painted to see if you like the color. Above the 2 small patches of the red and green, the wall is white.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 12:33 AM

me too...we can keep u'all posted!:)

philamena
01-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Did anyone else catch this:
From http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5469408.html

Naval investigators said they have no physical evidence or eyewitness testimony to corroborate Lauterbach's claims of rape. They concluded that the first sexual encounter between her and Laurean was not criminal in nature, and the second did not involve any force or coercion Lauterbach told investigators that when she asked him to stop, he did. Laurean denied they had any sexual contact at all.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 12:38 AM
>snip
Naval investigators said they have no physical evidence or eyewitness testimony to corroborate Lauterbach's claims of rape. They concluded that the first sexual encounter between her and Laurean was not criminal in nature, and the second did not involve any force or coercion Lauterbach told investigators that when she asked him to stop, he did. Laurean denied they had any sexual contact at all.>snip

I guess Naval investigators feel he always told the truth!!:eek:

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
>snip
We never want to outright dismiss allegations even though there's not a lot of evidence to support the allegations," said Ed Buice, a spokesman for the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. "Nobody slammed the door in her face and told her to go home">snip

clearly she couldn't go home, she was run off base to live, and then murdered!:eek:

philamena
01-20-2008, 12:48 AM
I know. The more I read about this case, the more concerned I am about how Maria was treated. Kinda makes me wonder why the NCIS didn't view Maria's situation with a little more understanding.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:09 AM
>snip
Naval investigators said they have no physical evidence or eyewitness testimony to corroborate Lauterbach's claims of rape. They concluded that the first sexual encounter between her and Laurean was not criminal in nature, and the second did not involve any force or coercion Lauterbach told investigators that when she asked him to stop, he did. Laurean denied they had any sexual contact at all.>snip

I guess Naval investigators feel he always told the truth!!:eek:

In the Marine presser, the spokesman said that Laurean's statement was considered IIRC, valuable evidence. Ack!!!! It was obviously a he said she said situation and they believed him. I'm beginning to wonder if the Marines persued the rape charges as more of a punishment to Maria than to CL.

shdbepaintin
01-20-2008, 01:16 AM
just wanted to add one thing to the discussion at the beginning of this thread about the lowes video
when I was watching it last night on Fox I think, maybe CNN, the person describing the video while it was playing, said that CL was not the one
that was circled but the one that was pulling or pushing something.
I thought that was odd, but she did mention that the circle was NOT
him, so I guess it was a mistake and when they replayed the video they
had not corrected it so she was pointing out that it was not him.
From what you guys have said I guess they corrected it today to cirlce
CL.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:17 AM

And isn't that how it always goes. They don't believe he could do such a thing, LE is obviously lying is what they meant. I am sure they are helping him after reading that.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 01:25 AM
just wanted to add one thing to the discussion at the beginning of this thread about the lowes video
when I was watching it last night on Fox I think, maybe CNN, the person describing the video while it was playing, said that CL was not the one
that was circled but the one that was pulling or pushing something.
I thought that was odd, but she did mention that the circle was NOT
him, so I guess it was a mistake and when they replayed the video they
had not corrected it so she was pointing out that it was not him.
From what you guys have said I guess they corrected it today to cirlce
CL.

I know, wouldn't it be nice if they just got it right? Who is the mystery male with Laurean? :rolleyes: Maybe they could fill us in.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2008/01/15/sot.hill.missing.marine.timeline.wtvd

4:33 mins into the above video of the Marine presser regarding the rape charges, the speaker states, paraphrasing, that CL denied having any sexual contact with Maria. And this was believed to be significan't evidence. They didn't fricken believe her. The DNA test and everything was to prove her wrong! As far as they were concerned, she had wrongfully accused a stellar Marine of rape and they were going to make her pay for that.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 01:34 AM
In the Marine presser, the spokesman said that Laurean's statement was considered IIRC, valuable evidence. Ack!!!! It was obviously a he said she said situation and they believed him. I'm beginning to wonder if the Marines persued the rape charges as more of a punishment to Maria than to CL.

Do you remember that movie with Demi Moore, when she (I believe GI Jane?) goes into this outfit and because she is a woman she has to prove herself 3x as hard. She's actually abused by her higher ranking officer but she hangs in there. But the treatment of woman then in the Marines was brutal. Seems to me, not much has changed since then. Her "complaining" probably was viewed as a "weakness", and not being a "team player". I bet they abused her alot to conform and "try" to catch up. Also, getting pregnant was a big no no, she should have been using birth control right? Getting pregnant was the final proof that she was "raped".
DNA will prove he was the father and I don't believe they were on friendly terms, no way no how. Laurean's been simmering since she started to show with child. Saying he would flee to Mexico, if this went to Grand Jury. What a loser!!!

IMO

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Good video from Cnn dated today:
http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=322491861

It was added today, not sure what date it was taped on.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:42 AM
KR2, I had forgotten about that movie. It doesn't seem like much has changed.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:47 AM
O/T just saw this come up:

'The Bob Newhart Show' Actress Suzanne Pleshette Dies at 70

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 01:49 AM

wow! I liked her.

Finally on AMW!!!

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 01:59 AM
It was a small blurb on AMW, but very disturbing.

The hand of the baby was unattached, as the Onslow Sheriff keeps mentioning.

I believe that more happened to Maria in the form of violence....but I wont say. But, the sheriff looks like he feels badly. I bet he wished that he had apprehended Laurean sooner!

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 02:14 AM
It was a small blurb on AMW, but very disturbing.

The hand of the baby was unattached, as the Onslow Sheriff keeps mentioning.

I believe that more happened to Maria in the form of violence....but I wont say. But, the sheriff looks like he feels badly. I bet he wished that he had apprehended Laurean sooner!

Brown certainly deserves to be the one.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 02:34 AM
At the below link, click on:

Video: Neighbor on fugitive Marine's garage painting project, smoky fire (http://www.foxnews.com/studiob/index.html#)

Neighbor Wanda speaks via phone. She thinks Xtina is in on it.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:45 AM

i fell asleep & missed it :banghead:

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 04:50 AM
i fell asleep & missed it :banghead:

I did also..:eek:

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:52 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2008/01/15/sot.hill.missing.marine.timeline.wtvd

4:33 mins into the above video of the Marine presser regarding the rape charges, the speaker states, paraphrasing, that CL denied having any sexual contact with Maria. And this was believed to be significan't evidence. They didn't fricken believe her. The DNA test and everything was to prove her wrong! As far as they were concerned, she had wrongfully accused a stellar Marine of rape and they were going to make her pay for that.

thanks!...i didn't see the live statement, & had been wanting to...

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:53 AM
I did also..:eek:

lol, when we snooze, we lose huh?......i SO wanted to catch the show...glad others did, & could report here!

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:56 AM

ooooh, i hate this....i THINK i read not long ago, she had been battling cancer:(

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 04:59 AM
ooooh, i hate this....i THINK i read not long ago, she had been battling cancer:(

Your right, lung cancer.....

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:27 AM
ok, i have it on my dvr and went back to watch it.

Looks like definitely garage and if the rest of the garage looks like one part (it is a one car garage right?) looks like it is used for storage.

There are three colors on the wall. One whole wall is a light green color. There is a corner and there is one small square that is a red color and the fresh paint and then another small square next to it of the other green color. It almosts looks like a patch painted to see if you like the color. Above the 2 small patches of the red and green, the wall is white.

aahhh, interesting....so there were patches painted...i'd say Cesar painted patches over the blood stained areas & used the ruse of "honey, what do you think?" with Christina....maybe???
sounds like the garage was white, prior to the murder, & Christina must have chosen the light green color for the new paint job.....jmo

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Hi everyone! I ran across this site and it has the photos there, along with some interesting information. I'm sorry if it's also at the old thread, since I just got here and haven't read over there.

hmmm, the chest & shoulders DO look smaller than Cesar's but could it be due to the angle of the pic????..i don't see the tattoo either, in that top picture....

eta...just noticed the pic at the bottom...the bigger pic of the arm..there's no tattoo

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 05:45 AM
hmmm, the chest & shoulders DO look smaller than Cesar's but could it be due to the angle of the pic????..i don't see the tattoo either, in that top picture....

eta...just noticed the pic at the bottom...the bigger pic of the arm..there's no tattoo

Looked to me the t shirt sleeve was a bit longer .:confused:

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:56 AM
found this link over at the ctv message boards...

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59437

close_enough
01-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Looked to me the t shirt sleeve was a bit longer .:confused:

heck, that tattoo is pretty long..would seem to me, especially in that bigger pic at the bottom, that it would have to show up.....:confused:

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 06:37 AM
heck, that tattoo is pretty long..would seem to me, especially in that bigger pic at the bottom, that it would have to show up.....:confused:

Well it's either, maybe his brother(someone that looks like him) or he covered it up with makeup...:confused:

Who is the other guy with him?....

BritDees
01-20-2008, 07:11 AM
wow.. have any of you read that site that Close posted? (re:Leathernecks)

Those guys aren't to happy with the POS! I did find this over there..
"Several of Laurean's neighbors are telling media outlets, including The Daily News, that the Laureans hosted a bonfire party on Dec. 24, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve." (bold from me)

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54479___article.html/lauterbach_wanted.html

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 08:02 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they held 3 parties at the house. Laurean thought he had gotten away with murder. He was reveling in his success at that point.

BritDees
01-20-2008, 08:13 AM
I could swear that I when I watched the interview with the neighbor he only spoke of one party and that was on the 24th.

Although, it's concievable that this particular neighbor wasn't around on the other dates and other neighbors reported the other dates.

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008mariainside.html

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008mariainside.html

You right ss, VERY interesting.

Again, last call was at 2:30pm.
Was stated that wify got home early afternoon from the Christmas
party. (14th?)
Again to me that doesn't leave much time.
We only have what the mom's says.
Don't know if everything is accurate.

Ticamom
01-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Well it's either, maybe his brother(someone that looks like him) or he covered it up with makeup...:confused:

Who is the other guy with him?....

Another explanation about why he looks so much thinner in the ATM pic is that all the photos we have been seeing are older, premurder pics, not as recent as this ATM photo. So perhaps POS had lost weight since then ? Maybe he has been losing weight due to the stress of being found out ? He might of acted as if nothing was different, but we know how much a toll that can take on a person who is scared of being arrested at any time ? Just remember how different Scott Peterson looked when they finally arrested him. All the posturing and arrogance was just a facade.

I'm not saying that Cpl. POS has a conscience, ( cause I think he's a heartless, cold SOB), but maybe that is the reason why he looks so different in the ATM photo.

STEADFAST
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Thank you, SS. That is definitely a must read! Have you put it in the media thread?

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Thank you, SS. That is definitely a must read! Have you put it in the media thread?Golfmom did...but I think maybe she should mention the due date and the report she was to go to the Christmas party. ;)

Ticamom
01-20-2008, 09:48 AM

Thank you SS, for this link. It is definitively a MUST READ ! I feel much better about Mary Lauterbach now that I have read her side of the reason why she mentioned that Maria lied sometimes, after what I read about her brother. It is a shame that in the first days of this investigation, that statement did so much harm to Maria's credibility.

Did ya'll catch the comment Maria made to her mother that Xtina had confronted her angrily and called her beotch, why are you doing this to us ?
That tells me a LOT about Xtina's way of thinking. That tells me that she was in on this from the get go. She knew all about it and helped Cpl. POS to clean up, etc. NO WAY was she an innocent clueless witness. NO WAY.

I honestly think that POS might be hiding in Nevada or even closer or with relatives somewhere here in the states, and he went around saying her would go to Mexico so he could throw LE off. I am sure his family is helping him out big time. That woman who answered the phone and said that she didn't believe LE sounds like an enabler. I hope that LE has been able to get to the family's phone records to try to get to the bottom of this .

Where is the FBI team of the show " Criminal Minds " when we need them ? :rolleyes:

FlowerChild
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
The newest article seems much more pro-victim :clap::clap:
I am still hot about the Marine's Press Conference and how the MC subtly (and not so subtly) ran Maria down while making Cpl POS (the STELLAR Marine) sound like he was victimized by a crazy woman. I was waiting for the Col to say how poor POS and his wife were "pushed to the breaking point".

I do not care what Maria did - she was a VICTIM and now she is DEAD - murdered! And everything she did in life the last 8 months was for HER BABY! She was SCARED and did everything she was allowed to do by the MC to get thru her pregnancy and give birth to her healthy baby. And she wanted her baby despite how the pregnancy began or who the father was. She wasn't believed, she was pushed away, she was harassed and she was not taken seriously and because the MC could not be bothered to separate her from CL by more than a few buildings, she ended up dead and lay buried in his backyard for 25 DAYS!

If CL felt "pushed", "cornered"" or "desperate" it is the MC that made him feel that way - because the EVIDENCE against him was walking around the base every day - which I am sure felt like taunting to him and his wife. To force Maria to remain at the same base and spend her days in the same small community (the base) as CL was like pouring gasoline on a smoldering fire. I guess on Dec 14th - with everyone at the base party asking questions and pointing, that fire burst into horrible, uncontrollable flame....and it was Maria and her baby that ended up burned to ashes.

My Opinion

raisincharlie
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
One of the most interesting things about this article, to me, is the confirmation or at least the indication, that Christina was aware of Maria Lauterbach and seemed to have the attitude that Maria was causing her and her family trouble. Hmmmmm, worth thinking about that particular mindset, seems to me she wasn't too angry with her husband nor willing to blame him if the the rape allegations were true. Very interesting.

Vegas Bride
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm wondering if he targeted Maria for the rape because he felt comfortable enough thinking no one would believe her if she did try to say anything.
If he knew about the story she'd told about her brother, that might have started the wheels turning.
Also, does he have any other victims out there?

Another thing I'm wondering about is his house, do they own it or are they renting? If they are renting, then don't you have to get permission to do anything like painting or building a firepit?

VB

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 10:41 AM
VB, good questions about the house.
How long did they live there too?:confused:

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 10:46 AM
They purchased it for $115,000 on a VA loan in 2005 is what was posted somewhere here.

STEADFAST
01-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm wondering if he targeted Maria for the rape because he felt comfortable enough thinking no one would believe her if she did try to say anything.
If he knew about the story she'd told about her brother, that might have started the wheels turning.

VB

Good point! Unfortunately, he was right about her credibility issues keeping him safe -- until she got pregnant and he found out there would be a DNA test when the baby was born.

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 10:52 AM
They purchased it for $115,000 on a VA loan in 2005 is what was posted somewhere here.

Tks ss..

Vegas Bride
01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Good point! Unfortunately, he was right about her credibility issues keeping him safe -- until she got pregnant and he found out there would be a DNA test when the baby was born.

Yes IMO it was the fact she became pregnant that sealed her fate.
He could deny the rape all he wanted and it couldn't be proven, but if dna showed he was the father of the baby then there was proof of something. The closer she came to the due date the more panicked he became thinking of a way out. Also the reason I believe for him to burn the body, had to destroy any chance of the baby still being tested if she was found.
I doubt he told his wife he'd been with Maria, deny deny deny, so how was he going to explain it if they did the dna test? He was getting trapped into a corner and Maria was not being protected so he chose to get rid of the problem before the truth could come out.

VB

Camper
01-20-2008, 11:29 AM

--->>>Outstanding find ss!
This link sets so many things that have been skewed, into 'STRAIGHT' informative information.

The bus ticket had bothered me about HOW they knew Maria supposedly bought it. The link tells that 'someone' bought it in her name for her to pick it up. She never did pick it up of course.

Her mother's actual action and verbage is set straight.

Indeed Maria has been a victim before she was ever murdered.

I am also fuddled about why her room mate caused Marias mother to hold off reporting the note. Although Maria was most likely already dead by the time within hours of leaving the note.

Thank you SS!

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Maria's mother has selective memory. A couple of days ago I posted a vid where she told a local Ohio reporter, IIRC, "We thought she was bi-polar".

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 12:55 PM

One pic is CL walking away from the ATM. That is the back of the arm. In the pic of CL facing the ATM. You can see the tat peeking out from under his sleeve on the front of his arm. It's there.

STEADFAST
01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
One pic is CL walking away from the ATM. That is the back of the arm. In the pic of CL facing the ATM. You can see the tat peeking out from under his sleeve on the front of his arm. It's there.

I see the tat peeking out, too. You can make out the unusual shape at the bottom of it. I had been picturing CL as much larger, but he is only 5'9".

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008maria.html
(snip)
On Christmas Eve, the Laureans lit a bonfire in their backyard. The next day, the cars lined up on the street as they entertained friends and fellow Marines. They welcomed friends to their home again on New Year's Day.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:13 PM
This is indicative that Maria's phone activity ceased on 12-14.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/story/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/10/ddn011008marineinside.html?cxntlid=inform

(snip)
Mary Lauterbach had "a very normal conversation" with the 20-year-old Marine when they discussed the visit in a phone call on Dec. 14. Lauterbach is a lance corporal stationed at Camp Lejeune. That evening, a man whom Maria Lauterbach rented a room from off the base, called the Lauterbachs to "indicate he thought she had gone someplace," said Lauterbach, assistant director of donor relations at the University of Dayton.

"We thought that was very strange so we started trying to call her and her cell phone was turned off," she said.

Mygirlsadie
01-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah I was thinking about that too...he wasn't big at all. Besides his fat face..yuck! I was just reading comments from a Jacksonville newspaper and people claiming to know the wife or to know OF the wife are saying she was extremely jealous when it came to POS. They said she made sure to let everyone know POS was her man! (BARF) hmm..

I see the tat peeking out, too. You can make out the unusual shape at the bottom of it. I had been picturing CL as much larger, but he is only 5'9".

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah I was thinking about that too...he wasn't big at all. Besides his fat face..yuck! I was just reading comments from a Jacksonville newspaper and people claiming to know the wife or to know OF the wife are saying she was extremely jealous when it came to POS. They said she made sure to let everyone know POS was her man! (BARF) hmm..

Wouldn't that be motive for the wify?:eek:
Thanks for the info sadie.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
The below link is to a post at Leatherneck.com. This is why Maria's mothers comments were so damaging to the search for her daughter.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showpost.php?p=311575&postcount=9

Mygirlsadie
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh most definately!~ Of course this is all just hear-say!! ( I think there is some truth to it though )

Wouldn't that be motive for the wify?:eek:
Thanks for the ingo sadie.

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 01:30 PM
When people show extreme jealousy, it is because they have a deficit in the self esteem department, imo. Jealous rage comes from it going unchecked and losing control.

MysteryAddict
01-20-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/story/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/10/ddn011008marineinside.html?cxntlid=inform

(snip)
Mary Lauterbach had "a very normal conversation" with the 20-year-old Marine when they discussed the visit in a phone call on Dec. 14. Lauterbach is a lance corporal stationed at Camp Lejeune. That evening, a man whom Maria Lauterbach rented a room from off the base, called the Lauterbachs to "indicate he thought she had gone someplace," said Lauterbach, assistant director of donor relations at the University of Dayton.

"We thought that was very strange so we started trying to call her and her cell phone was turned off," she said.

This also tells us that Mary was going to visit Maria because------

-Maria could not travel !!

Good reason why she would not be buying herself a ticket to El Paso Texas!!

philamena
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
And her cell phone was turned off what day? ]
Were the last calls made from her phone on the 14???

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 03:01 PM
And her cell phone was turned off what day? ]

Think for a short time, till the person that found it, made some calls on it.
It's some where in the threads.....:crazy:

believe09
01-20-2008, 03:04 PM

Another thing I'm wondering about is his house, do they own it or are they renting? If they are renting, then don't you have to get permission to do anything like painting or building a firepit?

VB

I think that this is a common thread with these kind of guys-they victimize someone they feel will not be credible, not to mention that they had a consensual encounter months before...makes her the perfect victim.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Bumping this post up for Philamena. It appears that Maria's phone was turned off on the 14th.

(snip)

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 03:05 PM
This also tells us that Mary was going to visit Maria because------

-Maria could not travel !!

Good reason why she would not be buying herself a ticket to El Paso Texas!!

And interesting that the ticket was bought by someone in her name. Hmmmm.

lilpony
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM

But I keep thinking that I saw a video that was showed. Of Maria buying her ticket at the bus station. I can see it in my mind right now. I am trying to think where I saw the video. It looked like she had a lt colored sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back or up. :confused:

Mygirlsadie
01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
On the AMW site I saw a video of Maria at an ATM machine with a sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back..Is that what you are thinking of?

But I keep thinking that I saw a video that was showed. Of Maria buying her ticket at the bus station. I can see it in my mind right now. I am trying to think where I saw the video. It looked like she had a lt colored sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back or up. :confused:

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:16 PM

good grief...we've been told LE was sure that Maria purchased this ticket:banghead:

another thing i find odd though....if Maria called her mother 3-4 times a day while at camp lejeune, then why on earth would she wait till May to tell her she'd been raped in March & April.....it sounds as if she was very close to her mother, to call her that much in a days time...

nothing whatsoever makes sense with the diff reports we've heard from day one, imo....cept that Cesar killed Maria...

soobs
01-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I just found the link to the video of the news conference by the USMC that is the Q&A portion. We were talking about this the other night. We were trying to figure out where we heard the discussion about the harrassment (car keyed and punch to face). It should be here. If you want me to move it someplace else let me know.http://www.jdnews.com/ It's middle of the page and lists it as "local videos". Good luck, I havent viewed it.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
i don't think Maria went to the Christmas party...if that were true, it would have been VERY easy to verify....

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
One of the most interesting things about this article, to me, is the confirmation or at least the indication, that Christina was aware of Maria Lauterbach and seemed to have the attitude that Maria was causing her and her family trouble. Hmmmmm, worth thinking about that particular mindset, seems to me she wasn't too angry with her husband nor willing to blame him if the the rape allegations were true. Very interesting.

i'm sure Cesar told his wife the allegations weren't true...she believed him, & was angry that Maria would jeopardize their family life...makes sense to me, IF Christina believed her husband.....

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Maria should have reported the punch in the face & her car being keyed....i knew i hadn't seen anything about her reporting this, so it makes sense to me that this was rumored, not fact, since no report or pictures were taken after the punch in the face...

everything in this case is a "he said, she said"...it's a shame....

soobs
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM

I'd love to read this, can you provide a link? thanks

soobs
01-20-2008, 03:34 PM
At the below link, click on:

Video: Neighbor on fugitive Marine's garage painting project, smoky fire (http://www.foxnews.com/studiob/index.html#)

Neighbor Wanda speaks via phone. She thinks Xtina is in on it.

For some reason I can't play fox videos, my computer freezes everytime. Do you know if there is a transcript of this I can access? Thanks ps. has anyone else experienced this problem with the fox videos?

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I'd love to read this, can you provide a link? thanks

Maybe this one...

galvino
01-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Soobs- I have!

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
found this link over at the ctv message boards...

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59437

Interesting link, thanks! We can get an insight into how the Marine community feels about this travesty.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:45 PM
and aNOTHER thing......there's been so many dates given for the date her baby was to arrive....let's see, January 5th, the 15th...February 5th, the 14th.....who the hell knows what is right....

i must go with the military on this one, at least for now....like with any Dr, Maria would have given a date of her last period....that's how the military would come up with the conception date of May 14th, which would have made a due date for the baby February 5th......this is truly dizzying, imo......

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 03:50 PM
and aNOTHER thing......there's been so many dates given for the date her baby was to arrive....let's see, January 5th, the 15th...February 5th, the 14th.....who the hell knows what is right....

i must go with the military on this one, at least for now....like with any Dr, Maria would have given a date of her last period....that's how the military would come up with the conception date of May 14th, which would have made a due date for the baby February 5th......this is truly dizzying, imo......

It's very common for women to have at least one false period at the beginning of a pregnancy. I had two. I'm not going with the Military on this one. They told Brown that she had gone to her December appointment. Wrong! She had gone to her November appointment. She was having a boy. Wrong again. They could very well have gotten the conception and due date wrong as well.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Here is a direct link to the Marine Q&A presser that Soobs linked. I was promted to download the latest version of flash. Then it played ok. Thank you Soobs for finding that! I'm still watching at this point.

Tom'sGirl
01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
On the AMW site I saw a video of Maria at an ATM machine with a sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back..Is that what you are thinking of?
I think that may be what lilpony was recalling. It was definately Maria making the withdrawl from the ATM.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
It's very common for women to have at least one false period at the beginning of a pregnancy. I had two. I'm not going with the Military on this one. They told Brown that she had gone to her December appointment. Wrong! She had gone to her November appointment. She was having a boy. Wrong again. They could very well have gotten the conception and due date wrong as well.

where did the military state her baby was a boy?
...i thought this was something that Maria told family/friends.....

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I think that may be what lilpony was recalling. It was definately Maria making the withdrawl from the ATM.

is there a picture of Maria at the ATM?....i haven't seen that....i've just heard that LE feel sure it was her .....

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM

Thank you for the insight into the Ohio Dayton Daily News!>snip

"Maria also told her mother about an ugly confrontation involving Laurean's wife, Christina. Maria said Christina called her a "bixxx," and said, "What are you doing to us?">snip

This poor girl was smeared, to no end!

:mad:

close_enough
01-20-2008, 03:59 PM

all the military could do, as with any Dr, is go by her last period...this would have been what SHE told them was her last period.....whether it's right or wrong, that wouldn't be the military's fault...

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
all the military could do, as with any Dr, is go by her last period...this would have been what SHE told them was her last period.....whether it's right or wrong, that wouldn't be the military's fault...

Lol, I never said it was the military's fault. I'm saying it's not a stretch to think that they got that information wrong as well as other info they got. The only info I have regarding the "baby boy" statement is that was from a sonogram pic. That was told to mom. True, I do not know what the official records state. But again, in my experience, the sex determination/or guess of sex is made by the person perfoming the sonogram.

raisincharlie
01-20-2008, 04:04 PM
i'm sure Cesar told his wife the allegations weren't true...she believed him, & was angry that Maria would jeopardize their family life...makes sense to me, IF Christina believed her husband.....

I'm thinking that is probably the case. However, it still shows a belligerant attitude - perhaps belligerant enough to key someone's car or not go to LE until the husband had several hours to scoot out of town. If she believed him and didn't bother to find the truth - shame on her for not being human enough to find the truth before she developed an ill founded attitude, before she assited in painting and who knows what else. Wonder how she likes what she sees in the mirror now?

You doing okay Close ?

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
6:15 mins into the below linked Marine Q&A video the subject of the keying and being struck by a man, WAS REPORTED TO NCIS.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1156002469/bclid1155200144/bctid1379594756

Tom'sGirl
01-20-2008, 04:06 PM
is there a picture of Maria at the ATM?....i haven't seen that....i've just heard that LE feel sure it was her .....
YES, it was on video they showed last night on AMW.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 04:09 PM
And this from Dayton Daily News, dated Sun 1/20:
>snip
She'll always have somebody watching out for her," her parents reasoned.
Now, Mary hopes the tragedy will prompt some soul-searching on the part of the Marine Corps. Among the changes she will advocate: a guaranteed base change for Marines who bring forth rape allegations.
"My instinct tells me the majority of rapes are not reported. For a woman to come forward and complain about a rape takes a lot," she said. "It took Maria a lot.">snip

Maria sacrificed her life. I hope this will be the catalyst in addressing rape charges in the Marines going forward.

FlowerChild
01-20-2008, 04:11 PM
IF her Military OBGYN TOLD HER she was having a boy (from the ultrasound) then the military would then REPORT she was having a boy. Maria was told it was a boy by her DR and since she died before the baby was born neither her NOR her Dr or the military knew any different. It's sad, but until the autopsy how would they know different? Ultrasound is good but not always 100% accurate in predicting the sex - sometimes due to positioning things can show up to fool the tech into thinking it's one sex when it's not. Happens.

And I am waiting till the DNA comes in myself - that will be ironclad proof of both paternity and the sex. Sometimes decomp is too advanced to tell, especially in a tiny infant ???

Either way it's so very sad - a little angel indeed - Gabriel or Gabrielle, you were truly loved by your mother and you were innocent - know that so many are praying for justice for you and your mother. We take a little comfort in knowing that she is with you, holding you safe in her arms now, forever.

My Opinion

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Lol, I never said it was the military's fault. I'm saying it's not a stretch to think that they got that information wrong as well as other info they got. The only info I have regarding the "baby boy" statement is that was from a sonogram pic. That was told to mom. True, I do not know what the official records state. But again, in my experience, the sex determination/or guess of sex is made by the person perfoming the sonogram.

i guess where i'm coming from is that so many people think the military is the 'bad guy' in all of this.....they made a couple of mistakes, sure, but they corrected them before knowing Maria was murdered....i think the military did everything, by the book, that they could do, considering everything was a "he said, she said" deal......they could only go by what Maria & Cesar told them.....no proof whatsoever of a rape...women just can't holler rape, & then no proof of it....i have to assume that if Maria wasn't lying, maybe she was just immature & didn't know that you should always report a rape immediately..

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
According to Mary, Maria told her mother that despite the 1000 ft order, her and CL were forced to attend meetings together.

Tom'sGirl
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
IF her Military OBGYN TOLD HER she was having a boy (from the ultrasound) then the military would then REPORT she was having a boy. Maria was told it was a boy by her DR and since she died before the baby was born neither her NOR her Dr or the military knew any different. It's sad, but until the autopsy how would they know different? Ultrasound is good but not always 100% accurate in predicting the sex - sometimes due to positioning things can show up to fool the tech into thinking it's one sex when it's not. Happens.

And I am waiting till the DNA comes in myself - that will be ironclad proof of both paternity and the sex. Sometimes decomp is too advanced to tell, especially in a tiny infant ???

Either way it's so very sad - a little angel indeed - Gabriel or Gabrielle, you were truly loved by your mother and you were innocent - know that so many are praying for justice for you and your mother. We take a little comfort in knowing that she is with you, holding you safe in her arms now, forever.

My Opinion
At this point we don't know for certain that her OB/GYN did tell her that, only that it's what she had said.

I think her medical records have been reviewed and they know what, and what was not indicated on her last visit in November.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking that is probably the case. However, it still shows a belligerant attitude - perhaps belligerant enough to key someone's car or not go to LE until the husband had several hours to scoot out of town. If she believed him and didn't bother to find the truth - shame on her for not being human enough to find the truth before she developed an ill founded attitude, before she assited in painting and who knows what else. Wonder how she likes what she sees in the mirror now?

You doing okay Close ?

doing fine, RC:)...hope you're doing the same!

so hard to pinpoint what a person would do in this situation, since we don't know the 'characters' personally.....all we can do is theorize (sp?)...i just see it as me being very upset if i thought someone was falsely accusing my hubby of rape.....& i swear, if it ever happened, i KNOW i wouldn't believe it, because my hubby is simply not like that....he's the kindest, most gentle, big hearted man i know (well, besides my Daddy)

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
i guess where i'm coming from is that so many people think the military is the 'bad guy' in all of this.....they made a couple of mistakes, sure, but they corrected them before knowing Maria was murdered....i think the military did everything, by the book, that they could do, considering everything was a "he said, she said" deal......they could only go by what Maria & Cesar told them.....no proof whatsoever of a rape...women just can't holler rape, & then no proof of it....i have to assume that if Maria wasn't lying, maybe she was just immature & didn't know that you should always report a rape immediately..

Despite the fact that this was a he said, she said situation, the Marines stated that CL's denial that he ever had sex with Maria was significant evidence. In the he said, she said. Only CL's denial was believed.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:18 PM
At this point we don't know for certain that her OB/GYN did tell her that, only that it's what she had said.

I think her medical records have been reviewed and they know what, and what was not indicated on her last visit in November.

good point, TG....Maria said the baby was a boy..we haven't heard what the ob/gyn's records showed...

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Despite the fact that this was a he said, she said situation, the Marines stated that CL's denial that he ever had sex with Maria was significant evidence. In the he said, she said. Only CL's denial was believed.

even though it may appear they believed Cesar, they still went by the book on everything involved....from what i've read anyway...

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:21 PM
doing fine, RC:)...hope you're doing the same!

so hard to pinpoint what a person would do in this situation, since we don't know the 'characters' personally.....all we can do is theorize (sp?)...i just see it as me being very upset if i thought someone was falsely accusing my hubby of rape.....& i swear, if it ever happened, i KNOW i wouldn't believe it, because my hubby is simply not like that....he's the kindest, most gentle, big hearted man i know (well, besides my Daddy)

Anyone in that position would understandibly be upset. But it doesn't give Xtina or anyone else the right to break the law. And what I mean by breaking the law. It could be as little as causing harrasment or a big as being involved as an accessory before or after murder.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Anyone in that position would understandibly be upset. But it doesn't give Xtina or anyone else the right to break the law. And what I mean by breaking the law. It could be as little as causing harrasment or a big as being involved as an accessory before or after murder.

i agree, although i must admit, if i were to happen to run upon a woman that I thought falsely accused my hubby of rape, i'd probably have a few choice words to say to her too....

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
i agree, although i must admit, if i were to happen to run upon a woman that I thought falsely accused my hubby of rape, i'd probably have a few choice words to say to her too....

Me too! Yipee! We agree on something! :blowkiss:

Tom'sGirl
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I can understand why the Military at that time didn't take her allegations against Laurean as creditable in lieu of the counseling she had in '06 regarding her story about her little brother.

close_enough
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I can understand why the Military at that time didn't take her allegations against Laurean as creditable in lieu of the counseling she had in '06 regarding her story about her little brother.

oh my, you're right, TG!
.....this had slipped my mind that she had counseling thru the military!

Mary Lauterbach had a solid reason for these words of motherly caution. While assigned to Marine Occupation Specialties School at Camp Lejeune in the fall of 2006, Maria told a disturbing lie to some of her fellow Marines, claiming her father had accidentally killed her 6-year-old brother by throwing a lamp at him. Lauterbach was placed in counseling after her mother assured authorities that Maria's actual brother, nearly 9 at the time, was alive and well.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:33 PM

That's what happens when you do things like that. I used to tell my stepdaughter all the time that if something bad really did happen to her, no one would believe her.

I wonder in what context and the situation that happened with Maria. My mom was a piece of work. I would hear her spin tales about me that were pure fantasy. When I was a kid I can remember a horrible family secret my mother would tell me over and over. Well one day I slipped that secret. I was asked why I would say such a thing. My response was "mom" told me. Turns out this secret was not true. Well mom painted me into a liar and that lived on for years. It really scarred me as a kid.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Now I'm really depressed. I'm going to go do something else for awhile. Maybe go shopping.

FlowerChild
01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
~Well then, IMO, THE BOOK needs to be re-written~

Once there are allegations of rape, ESPECIALLY if the alleged victim is PREGNANT as a result, then ONE of the individuals should be temporarily relocated to another base or assigned to another command off-base - until resolution has been achieved. Maria stated that she was raped while they were both ON DUTY in APRIL and THEN found out she was pregnant as a result in JUNE. At THAT TIME she should have been assigned elsewhere until her baby was born and thru DNA, at least paternity could determined.

THE MARINES pooh-poohed Maria and in subtle ways, made HER believe that they did NOT believe her. I am sure she was afraid to make waves any more than she had and just wanted to get thru her pregnancy in as much of an unobtrusive way as possible. She was NOT trying to make CL's life difficult and as such said to the NSIS that they were "ok" working on the same base together. She was hoping, I am sure, that by being agreeable and diplomatic and "nice" he and his buddies would leave her alone. It didn't work.

My Opinion

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 04:55 PM

Once there are allegations of rape, ESPECIALLY if the alleged victim is PREGNANT as a result, then ONE of the individuals should be temporarily relocated to another base or assigned to another command off-base - until resolution has been achieved. Maria stated that she was raped while they were both ON DUTY in APRIL and THEN found out she was pregnant as a result in JUNE. At THAT TIME she should have been assigned elsewhere until her baby was born and thru DNA, at least paternity could determined.

THE MARINES pooh-poohed Maria and in subtle ways, made HER believe that they did NOT believe her. I am sure she was afraid to make waves any more than she had and just wanted to get thru her pregnancy in as much of an unobtrusive way as possible. She was NOT trying to make CL's life difficult and as such said to the NSIS that they were "ok" working on the same base together. She was hoping, I am sure, that by being agreeable and diplomatic and "nice" he and his buddies would leave her alone. It didn't work.

My Opinion

:clap:

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
6:15 mins into the below linked Marine Q&A video the subject of the keying and being struck by a man, WAS REPORTED TO NCIS.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1156002469/bclid1155200144/bctid1379594756

thanks for this!....yes, she reported both incidences....there again, NCIS advised her to contact LE on the car keying, & the only description she could give on the punching in the face, was that it was a man in dark clothing, but that it was not Cesar.....there again, i must assume there was no evidence of a punch in the face, & no description, to speak of, of the person she claimed hit her....these allegations were reported in May also.....

i'm glad someone explained the "readjusting" of her statements...i was curious about this....she told NCIS on November 5th, that she didn't think her baby was the product of either the March 26th or the April 11th sex/rape, whatever....wonder why she would say this, so far into the investigation?...for some reason she wanted it stated that she didn't think the baby was Cesar's??...she obviously had not told NCIS that her & Cesar had sex after April 11th...

Storm
01-20-2008, 05:04 PM
When I had a sonogram for my last son, they showed me why it was a boy...and I asked them what my little girl was doing with those:)
It makes sense to me that they could get it wrong if they said girl..but if you're far enough along for them to guess..if they say "boy"...they're seeing something that a girl doesn't have.

philamena
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
And her cell phone was turned off what day?

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:06 PM
snipped...

My Opinion

maybe so....

philamena
01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Think for a short time, till the person that found it, made some calls on it.
It's some where in the threads.....:crazy:

thanks Pharlap!

close_enough
01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
And her cell phone was turned off what day?

it's being reported she called her mother on the 14th....i haven't seen actual phone records though, as to what phone she used....i would think she used her own cell phone though.....if her phone was turned off at some point on the 14th, this could be another reason LE thinks she was killed ON the 14th...

philamena
01-20-2008, 05:10 PM
close enough,
That's what I'm thinking too.

soobs
01-20-2008, 05:11 PM
I tried to write this once, right after it was first on the air, but ran into the server problem and it never posted. Now I'm ready to vent again. I'm from a military family and still have lots of friends in the military so I don't have a bias against the military. But that presser still has me fuming at the "tude" they displayed against Maria. The spokesperson had a smurk on his face the whole time. I was just waiting for him to roll his eyes, when a few questions about Maria were asked. And when he discribed the suspect as a stellar marine, I wanted to scream. Common sense would help you edit your remarks and not describe the victim as "solid" and the accused as"stallar". The subtlety of the bias was GLARING to me. Then the comments in the Q&A. The NCIS guy was unethical in my opinion. He revealed Maria's inconsistent statements when she has no opportunity to explain because she's deceased! How damaging to her reputation that was. It was a smear campaign to cover their own butts. I've worked in a male dominated work environment and my husband works in law enforcement and the bias against women is alive and well and it makes me sick!! I think the USMC presser was an insult to the all the good people who serve in our military. JMHO:furious:

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank you soobs:blowkiss:

soobs
01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for letting me vent. I think I need to so shopping with SuziQ! Hey SuziQ, where to you live? Maybe we can shop online together!! I need to take a break from this...........

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Right, that's the time she made a withdrawal for $700.00. Initially wanting to leave it appears and somehow thwarted by POS.on 12/14.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM

or if Maria was threatened into denying the rape, she would have "fudged" the date. Which I think is plausible. Babies are born early all the time.

Pharlap
01-20-2008, 05:36 PM
First ones generally are late, which my doc told me.
My first one was on her due date....9pds...:eek:

JDB
01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
good grief...we've been told LE was sure that Maria purchased this ticket:banghead:

another thing i find odd though....if Maria called her mother 3-4 times a day while at camp lejeune, then why on earth would she wait till May to tell her she'd been raped in March & April.....it sounds as if she was very close to her mother, to call her that much in a days time...

nothing whatsoever makes sense with the diff reports we've heard from day one, imo....cept that Cesar killed Maria...

I agree . We have to remeber all this information is coming from Maria's Mom who I would put any faith in what she says. Also there is so many dates that are diffrent in every repot it makes me sick.
Maria did not show up for the party then she did.Cell phone turned off on the14th. And reports that it had been used after the 14th.Cl leaving at 4 Am . Neighbor sees him at 6:30 taking her dog out.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 05:39 PM
First ones generally are late, which my doc told me.
My first one was on her due date....9pds...:eek:

Actually your right, my son was 2 weeks late.
:) 9 lbs that's a good sized baby! mine was almost 8lbs.

Now if she was 6 lbs. in Nov, make her 7lbs in December???

almost ready to conceive and provide DNA.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I tried to do some digging today at the Onslow County Offices on the description of the Lorean's house. I was actually looking for a description of how many rooms, square footage, garage information, etc. Here where I live, the infomation is very detailed. But this was all I could find.

Oh well, I think I did mention that I wasn't computer savy!! :bang:

It really didn't have much. But I did find that (get this) former John Edwards had purchased Lorean's home at 103 Meadow Trail at one time.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Oh My............my Very First Emoticon!!!!!!!!!!!!

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM

My Opinion

I completely agree. In no uncertain terms they should have moved Maria to another base.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I agree . We have to remeber all this information is coming from Maria's Mom who I would put any faith in what she says. Also there is so many dates that are diffrent in every repot it makes me sick.
Maria did not show up for the party then she did.Cell phone turned off on the14th. And reports that it had been used after the 14th.Cl leaving at 4 Am . Neighbor sees him at 6:30 taking her dog out.

Also, if my loved ones phone was turned off, I would have got on a plane and researched her whereabouts within 24 hours. Mary, although I think she tried, really screwed up!

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
KRT2:

As a mother myself, I have to agree with you that I also fee Mary did not react fast enough once she knew that there was a possibility that Maria was missing. Like you, I would have been there that day come he** water. Especially when she was alone and pregnant and Mary knew that Maria was being harrassed on based and that there had been allegation(s) of rape.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
KRT2:

As a mother myself, I have to agree with you that I also fee Mary did not react fast enough once she knew that there was a possibility that Maria was missing. Like you, I would have been there that day come he** water. Especially when she was alone and pregnant and Mary knew that Maria was being harrassed on based and that there had been allegation(s) of rape.

Right, the timeline from 12/25 - 1/10 is unthinkable! Why was POD let to walk free and hardly questioned? Then oops he got away.....:bang:

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I tried to write this once, right after it was first on the air, but ran into the server problem and it never posted. Now I'm ready to vent again. I'm from a military family and still have lots of friends in the military so I don't have a bias against the military. But that presser still has me fuming at the "tude" they displayed against Maria. The spokesperson had a smurk on his face the whole time. I was just waiting for him to roll his eyes, when a few questions about Maria were asked. And when he discribed the suspect as a stellar marine, I wanted to scream. Common sense would help you edit your remarks and not describe the victim as "solid" and the accused as"stallar". The subtlety of the bias was GLARING to me. Then the comments in the Q&A. The NCIS guy was unethical in my opinion. He revealed Maria's inconsistent statements when she has no opportunity to explain because she's deceased! How damaging to her reputation that was. It was a smear campaign to cover their own butts. I've worked in a male dominated work environment and my husband works in law enforcement and the bias against women is alive and well and it makes me sick!! I think the USMC presser was an insult to the all the good people who serve in our military. JMHO:furious:

Thank you for this candid response. The Marines at Camp Lejune are taking a hard hit from this. I bet they resent Maria more now than ever!

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 06:45 PM
or if Maria was threatened into denying the rape, she would have "fudged" the date. Which I think is plausible. Babies are born early all the time.

We need that autopsy to verify. And my experience is, the more gruesome the crime the less likely it will be made public.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for letting me vent. I think I need to so shopping with SuziQ! Hey SuziQ, where to you live? Maybe we can shop online together!! I need to take a break from this...........

A break, dog toys and frog pajamas did the trick. And more shopping and lunch with my son and daughter tomorrow. :woohoo: :woohoo:

I live in Utah and the dang liquor stores are closed on Sundays or I would be chillin with a glass of wine right now!

panthera
01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Right, the timeline from 12/25 - 1/10 is unthinkable! Why was POD let to walk free and hardly questioned? Then oops he got away.....:bang:
Good evening! :) What day did he first lawyer up, was it the day before he left or earlier?

Seven
Oh My............my Very First Emoticon!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: ... yaaaaay .... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Littledeer
frog pajamas???

:waitasec:

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 07:00 PM
frog pajamas???

:waitasec:

lol, I bought some frog PJ's for me.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Is there any documentation anywhere that shows CL was questioned at any time after December 14th until January 9th? I know CL and Christina went to see a lawyer on the 10th.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Suzi:

I know this is O/T. But "frogs" is my theme at my house. Haven't seen any froggy pj's. though.

I'm jealous!!!!!!!:blowkiss:

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 07:04 PM
thanks for this!....yes, she reported both incidences....there again, NCIS advised her to contact LE on the car keying, & the only description she could give on the punching in the face, was that it was a man in dark clothing, but that it was not Cesar.....there again, i must assume there was no evidence of a punch in the face, & no description, to speak of, of the person she claimed hit her....these allegations were reported in May also.....

I wonder why they would tell her that, because both incidents were on base. It wasn't a civilian matter, the same as the rape wasn't a civilian matter.

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Is there any documentation anywhere that shows CL was questioned at any time after December 14th until January 9th? I know CL and Christina went to see a lawyer on the 10th.CL has never been questioned to my knowledge. He was asked repeatedly to come to the Sheriff's Department, but refused.

panthera
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Is there any documentation anywhere that shows CL was questioned at any time after December 14th until January 9th? I know CL and Christina went to see a lawyer on the 10th.
I wondered the same thing. I'd heard he wasn't questioned because he had a lawyer but then it seems he didn't go to the lawyer until 1/10. :confused:

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:11 PM
What I can't figure out is why the NCIS and the LE appear to NOT know what crimes is in who's jurisdiction.

We have Maria saying she has been physically hurt (punch in the face) and her car was keyed and both supposedly happened on base. But yet NCIS, tells her supposedly to file a report with the local LE.

I would think that anything that happened ON BASE, would be investigated by their military police? Is anyone here knowledgeable on how any crime is to be handled within a military base vs. LE involvement??

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:13 PM
SS:

You mentioned that CL had been repeatedly asked to come to the Sheriff's Department. Was that during the week of January 7th or earlier?

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I think Maria looked nervous in that video at the ATM personally. Notice how she looked over her shoulder at one point and the way she held her hand to her mouth. She walks off in the opposite direction from where she was looking, but then walks more towards the center of the cam.

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
SS:

You mentioned that CL had been repeatedly asked to come to the Sheriff's Department. Was that during the week of January 7th or earlier?When did they finally get his name on the rape charge? It would have to be after that.

panthera
01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I think Maria looked nervous in that video at the ATM personally. Notice how she looked over her shoulder at one point and the way she held her hand to her mouth. She walks off in the opposite direction from where she was looking, but then walks more towards the center of the cam.
It was a large amount of cash she withdrew and I think there was someone else there.

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I bet parents are rethinking the Marines for their daughters' futures in light of this situation. I know I would be! I wonder if we will see a significant drop in females who sign up?

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:23 PM
It was a large amount of cash she withdrew and I think there was someone else there.Cesar? Would be an easy way for him to get her pin number...just watch her put it in.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
At the below link, the 24 second video has Maria ATM, CL ATM and Lowes. Maria's ATM withdrawal was 12-14 and 4:09PM. So we at least know she was alive until then.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I will admit I have read everything pretty much so far, but have not seen one video yet as I am on a VERY VERY SLOW MODEM line and it takes over 1/2 or so for the video.

Did Maria look like Maria in the video?? Was there anything obvious that would make you think it was NOT Maria based on the pictures you have seen of her so far?

It appears that you are voicing some thoughts that she appeared nervous? This IMO would be for one of three reasons: 1.) She was being force; 2.) She wasn't Maria; or 3.) It was Maria and she knew she was going UA.

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Suzi:

Just one more date/time that has been incorrectly stated in the media.

I have seen repeatedly that the withdrawal was at 5:00 p.m. :banghead:

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
It does look like her, yes. Big belly n all. (sigh)

SeriouslySearching
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
No LD...you have seen the ticket was purchased at 5:00pm. : )

I wonder what they said she was wearing when she bought the ticket? It was only about 50 minutes after that.

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I keep watching Maria at the ATM, something does surprise her. Does it look like her? No, not like any other pics we have seen. The hair is the same. She's much heavier. She's wearing sunglass though. And I don't see a cleft chin. Maria's most obvious facial feature. Whether that is because of the quality of the tape, I don't know.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Good evening! :) What day did he first lawyer up, was it the day before he left or earlier?

same to U! on 1/10 I believe he went to the lawyers.

MysteryAddict
01-20-2008, 07:37 PM

SS-
Do you know where we can find access to that video?

I've always thought Maria was under duress when withdrawing that $700 and also when buying the bus ticket to El Paso.

I mentioned earlier that Mary was going to visit Maria because she
"could not travel" therefore I did not believe Maria was buying that
ticket for herself.

If it's true that it was Maria there at the bus station, then I think she was again - under duress!

SuziQ
01-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Mystery, the atm video? It's up in my post 235.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 07:40 PM
ss: can you provide a link again. thanks!:)

Littledeer
01-20-2008, 07:45 PM

You are so right..........this case has more to keep up!!!!

TICKET vs ATM

:bang:

panthera
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
No LD...you have seen the ticket was purchased at 5:00pm. : )

I wonder what they said she was wearing when she bought the ticket? It was only about 50 minutes after that.
It must have been the same thing as she had on at the ATM for LE to be so sure it was her buying the ticket.

SuziQ
What link are you guys looking for?

Littledeer
SS:

Check your pm's.

KR2tonenow
01-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Mystery, the atm video? It's up in my post 235.

ok got it! You can see her cleft chin, and yes she looks nervous. Also in the video where POS is in Lowe's, POS is looking around like he's nervous!:eek:

Seven
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
ss: can you provide a link again. thanks!:)

Posted today on the AMW website:
(clips show both Maria on 12/14 and Cesar on 12/24)

:behindbar