PDA

View Full Version : Christina Laurean

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2008, 07:31 AM
What have we been able to find out about Christina? We know very little actually about her past before she met Cesar. We need to figure out who she really is and her personality. It would be excellent if our WSers could find her photo when even the best news outlets can't! Who IS Christina Laurean?! Where was she born? Where did she live with her Military father? Did they travel out of the country and this is the reason we cannot find any school photos? Does she have a past record of any kind?

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Parents: Bruce Shifflet-StepFather (Vandalia, OH)
Debbie Shifflet-Mother (Vandalia, OH)
James Smith, Jr.-Father (OH)

Sister: Amber Emrick (Jacksonville, NC)
Brother-in law: Tyler Emrick (Jacksonville, NC)

Grandfather: Daniel E Shifflet (Prospect, OH)
(Died 2007)

SeriouslySearching
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Posted originally on Christina Laurean's Possible Involvement Thread:

Christina's Grandfather who passed away in '07

Name: Daniel E Shifflet & Company Lpa
Address: 4947 Prspct Uppr Sndsky Prospect, OH 43342
Phone Number: 740-382-2611
Specialties: Personal Injury & Property Damage Law
Bankruptcy Law

STEADFAST
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Parents: Bruce Shifflet-Father (Vandalia, OH)
? Shifflet-Mother (Vandalia, OH)

Sister:

Grandfather: Daniel E Shifflet (Prospect, OH)
(Died 2007)

Her mother is Debbie Sue Shifflet.

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Amber Emrick - sister
Tyler Emrick - brother in law they live in Jacksonville NC also.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
lol no I don't think that is her! That myspace owner makes sure you know she is not Christina Laurean! :)
This poor girl, have felt bad since she was first mentioned and found not to be Cesar's wife!

Pocono Sleuther
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I truly don't understand why LE hasn't released a pic of her. Someone might have info having seen her out and about during the time ML was 'missing'. I also can't believe no one has a pic of her. Not the tabs, nowhere online, I can't remember a case when we couldn't locate a pic of a major player.

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Eww I know..I would in NO way want to be linked to that nasty loser.

I noticed he is only 21 and his wife is 24? They got married in 05 so that means he was only 17 or 18? Maria was only 20 that could of been another motivator for Christina.. I know 24 isn't old but Christina also already had a child and been married a few years so compared to Maria she felt undesireable to the fresh, young, pretty blonde girl.

This poor girl, have felt bad since she was first mentioned and found not to be Cesar's wife!

ipswitch
01-24-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.wyandotonline.com/articles/news/articles/000021/002123.htm

Christina’s parents are Debbie and Bruce Shifflet, who reside in the Prospect, Ohio area. Christina graduated from Elgin High School.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
From Classmates.com

Christina Laurean (Smith)
Last login: Over 3 weeks

School:
Elgin High School (http://www.classmates.com/community/school/list?communityId=18130&startYear=1997&endYear=2001)
Marion, OH
Class of 2001 (http://www.classmates.com/community/class/list?communityType=1&communityId=18130&year=2001)

Pharlap
01-24-2008, 03:06 PM
If someone has a lot of time and good eyes.
I cruised my space, by putting in zip...28542 , the the age from 20-25.
Didn't see to many pic's with a guy in it on the main page.
However clicking on a person and seeing if there's any 2007 christmas pic's or any party pic's...
I did a few that weren't private.......:waitasec:

JDB
01-24-2008, 03:28 PM
We know at this time neither the Marines or the LE have any evidence to Charge Chritina with anything yet.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
However clicking on a person and seeing if there's any 2007 christmas pic's or any party pic's...
I'm confused, are you trying to find photos of Christina? How would you know what she looked like :confused:

lkd-ga
01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm confused, are you trying to find photos of Christina? How would you know what she looked like :confused:

Do we know what Christina's father looks like. I found a picture yesterday when searching Christina's name on the net and it could be her and maybe her father. I do not want to post unless I am sure.

Pharlap
01-24-2008, 03:36 PM

If hubby was in them with her......:)
A lot of party pic's I saw but not any with him in it.
It's a long shot.
Never said I would post it, I'd put a link up......

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Do we know what Christina's father looks like. I found a picture yesterday when searching Christina's name on the net and it could be her and maybe her father. I do not want to post unless I am sure.
Yes, I have a photo link, but I wouldn't post anything on the Board regarding MySpace, it could lead to another innocent person being named.

WhiteWolf
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Amber Emrick - sister
Tyler Emrick - brother in law they live in Jacksonville NC also.

Has anyone looked for Amber*s or Tyler*s MYSPACE page? Maybe they have a picture of Cesar and Christina? Also wondering if Tyler could have been in the video of Cesar shopping at Lowes for the wheelbarrow, cement blocks, etc.?

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I found Ambers myspace but not Tylers. Of course it is set to private and I was not able to get into her pictures because I think myspace figured out that there was a glitch & fixed it.. (dang them lol) The default pic shows her husband and I doubt he is the guy at Lowes because the guy at Lowe's looked big and buff to me.

Has anyone looked for Amber*s or Tyler*s MYSPACE page? Maybe they have a picture of Cesar and Christina? Also wondering if Tyler could have been in the video of Cesar shopping at Lowes for the wheelbarrow, cement blocks, etc.?

WhiteWolf
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Mygirlsadie!

I would have checked myself, but webtv and a dialup are way too slow to search.

I wonder if any of the players are at livejournal.com?

lkd-ga
01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=Tom'sGirl;1936715]Yes, I have a photo link, but I wouldn't post anything on the Board regarding MySpace, it could lead to another innocent person being named.[/QUOTE

Can you send me the link

ipswitch
01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Actually, according to Christina and Cpl POS's marriage certificate her parents are:

James Smith, Jr born in OH and
Debbie (Taylor) born in CA

So Bruce is actually her step dad from what it looks like.

ETA: Her sister's marriage certificate has Debbie being born in WV

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
So Bruce is actually her step dad from what it looks like.
Yes, that's why her mother's last name is Shifflet.

WhiteWolf
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Good find, ipswitch!

I read the name Smith for christina on another website and I thought they were mistaken.

ipswitch
01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes, that's why her mother's last name is Shifflet.
TG, yes, I understand that, and yes, I was pointing out the obvious. I just find it odd that we've heard from her parents, Bruce and Debbie, but not her father. That's all I was saying.

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Roger that.. :crazy:

Btbsmith and MGSadie~ Since that woman isn't her...could we please go back and remove those posts? We shouldn't spread around an innocent person's site since we know it isn't Christina. Thanks! (If you don't know how to delete...just click Go Advanced and click on the delete buttons.)

Mygirlsadie
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I think its great how the stepdad called cesar a scum bag! That was the best thing anybody has said about him so far lol... The mother pretty much just sat there crying.

TG, yes, I understand that, and yes, I was pointing out the obvious. I just find it odd that we've heard from her parents, Bruce and Debbie, but not her father. That's all I was saying.

ipswitch
01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I think its great how the stepdad called cesar a scum bag! That was the best thing anybody has said about him so far lol... The mother pretty much just sat there crying.

I agree! The step dad called Cpl POS the nicest thing that could be said on national tv! I'm sure he has a few choice words that weren't suitable for over the air broadcast!

Seven
01-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree! The step dad called Cpl POS the nicest thing that could be said on national tv! I'm sure he has a few choice words that weren't suitable for over the air broadcast!

:D

Is there a video clip or transcript anywhere?

(I've seen one broadcast of M's mom w/streaky mascara,
but I haven't seen Maria's dad yet.)

:behindbar

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
:D

Is there a video clip or transcript anywhere?
(I've seen one broadcast of M's mom w/streaky mascara,
but I haven't seen Maria's dad yet.)
This is the Christina thread. They, Christina's parents were on the Early Show, however the video is no longer there. Here is a ThumbNail shot
http://i27.tinypic.com/14nn52x.jpg

peace9274
01-24-2008, 07:23 PM
They were on the Early Show, however the video is no longer there. Here is a ThumbNail shot

Is that Maria's parents or Christina's in the photo and on the Early Show interview, mentioned above?
:confused:

peace9274
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
If the photo is too small for you to see, right click on the photo and
then "save to my documents" (be sure to click "save as" and put in a name you'll recognize).

Go to "My Documents"... find the photo you just saved... there'll be "tools" to enlarge it. (A magnifying glass with a + sign)...
or it'll say: "zoom in" - "zoom out" and you can enlarge it that way.

Depending on your computer, and your photo-editing program, the photo may be blurry.

Seven
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
They were on the Early Show, however the video is no longer there. Here is a ThumbNail shot

Thanks, TG! :)
Are you an investigator? Because you seem to be on top of things!

About that picture......the woman looks as tho she has dark hair, but the clip I saw with the lady with the mascara under her eyes showed a very blond woman close up, IIRC.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks, TG! :)
Are you an investigator? Because you seem to be on top of things!

About that picture......the woman looks as tho she has dark hair, but the clip I saw with the lady with the mascara under her eyes showed a very blond woman close up, IIRC.
Her mother has what I would call dark blonde hair.

katiecoolady
01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I tell you what, I bet this chick is scared *****less of Nancy Grace..she's all OVER her and her possible involvement!

Ticamom
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I tell you what, I bet this chick is scared *****less of Nancy Grace..she's all OVER her and her possible involvement!

Did you all see Nancy talking about XTINA ?She said that she is up to her eyeballs in this . I would like to give Nancy 5 minutes alone with Xtina. :behindbar

nanandjim
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi guys! I am new here...and glad to finally be on. I almost can't believe it, but I am 99% sure that I just found Christina on Myspace. Of course it is set to private, but the woman in the default picture is 24 and holding a little girl that looks exactly like the little girl the POS is holding in his Myspace picture!
Post it. I want to check it out!

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
search just for the name Christina within 20 miles of zip code 28540
Hopefully you aren't referring to this person mentioned here

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1936323&postcount=6

JDB
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Post the Link

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
No, I am not.. I saw that one days ago. That girl was 22, this one is 24. Even the background of the picture looks like the same brown walls.
Are you referring to the gal who logged on today, mood exhausted?

JDB
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
No, I am not.. I saw that one days ago. That girl was 22, this one is 24. Even the background of the picture looks like the same brown walls.

Around here we have a saying show the link orPut up and do not tease us all

twitterpated
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I just hope that they catch him soon.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Around here we have a saying show the link orPut up and do not tease us all
Why post links if it leads to another innocent person, think about it!

peace9274
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I saw that same Myspace photo linked somewhere else, too.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok, here you go and tell me what you think.

I would delete my post if I were you.

JDB
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
I would delete my post if I were you.

I agree an I will do the same

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree an I will do the same
Thanks Bud :blowkiss:

twitterpated
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry that was why I did not originally post it. Not trying to hurt anyone. Lapse in judgment.

Tom'sGirl
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry that was why I did not originally post it. Not trying to hurt anyone. Lapse in judgment.
Thank you twitter!

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome to WS, Twitterpated!

JDB~ Since when do we have that "saying" around here?! LMAO You crack me up!

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I have never quite figured out how to do an advanced search. All I see is a generic search where you put in a name. Can you tell me how to do it?? TIA!

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
I didn't see your link, but don't worry about it. You'll soon learn that some posters are way more judgmental and pushier than others. Thankfully, they are few and far between. Don't let them intimidate you. :blowkiss:

Pharlap
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I have never quite figured out how to do an advanced search. All I see is a generic search where you put in a name. Can you tell me how to do it?? TIA!

Do you have a myspace account?

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Do you have a myspace account?
Yes. :)

Pharlap
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM

Once you logged in, then hit browse.
I put in female 20-25
networking/friends
and zip:)
I put in 50 miles from that zip

Still to this day I don't understand why Le hasn't released her picture.
They would get a lot of tips, in regards to her ware abouts..

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Maybe this is a question that NG and Greta should be asking LE!! So far, I haven't heard anyone mention her photo in the media. Hint Hint for you posters that do Gretawire! Get Greta on it ASAP! It IS important to this case, imo. Who knows? Maybe LE will find out that Christina was also seen driving her car or seen with her in public that day! (Do they not want to know perhaps as it could ruin their "deal" with their "key witness"?!)

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Once you logged in, then hit browse.
I put in female 20-25
networking/friends
and zip:)
I put in 50 miles from that zip

Still to this day I don't understand why Le hasn't released her picture.
They would get a lot of tips, in regards to her ware abouts..
Thanks! :blowkiss: I must confess that I don't use Myspace enough to have figured it out!

Ticamom
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe this is a question that NG and Greta should be asking LE!! So far, I haven't heard anyone mention her photo in the media. Hint Hint for you posters that do Gretawire! Get Greta on it ASAP! It IS important to this case, imo. Who knows? Maybe LE will find out that Christina was also seen driving her car or seen with her in public that day! (Do they not want to know perhaps as it could ruin their "deal" with their "key witness"?!)

Excellent idea , SS ! I bet Greta would pounce on this idea in order to get the scoop. She was already the first to go to J'Ville and film the crime scene, fire pit , ATM machines, Lowe's entrance, etc. I bet she would be thrilled to be the first to put Xtina's photo out there. I can also bet that there would be leads on her involvement if there was indeed a picture of her to nudge ppl's memories.

Who are the posters that go to Greta wire often ?

WE NEED YOUR HELP ASAP !!!!!

btbsmith
01-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Roger that.. :crazy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1937065#post1937065)
Btbsmith and MGSadie~ Since that woman isn't her...could we please go back and remove those posts? We shouldn't spread around an innocent person's site since we know it isn't Christina. Thanks! (If you don't know how to delete...just click Go Advanced and click on the delete buttons.)

SS - I deleted my post. Thanks...

Smugshots
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Christina's attorney speaks....

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown did not have permission to conduct a tour of Cesar Laurean’s property with the host of a national TV news show, according to Christina Laurean’s attorney.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54622___article.html/christina_lauterbach.html

Pharlap
01-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown did not have permission to conduct a tour of Cesar Laurean’s property with the host of a national TV news show, according to Christina Laurean’s attorney.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54622___article.html/christina_lauterbach.html

This is where we need wudge.
What is she afraid of?

btbsmith
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM

...So it's possible that the shoe might get thrown out since no warrant prior to discovery...

...duh... a cynic might say that sheriff is really a goof

Smugshots
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
...So it's possible that the shoe might get thrown out since no warrant prior to discovery...

I thought I read he called to get a warrant for the shoe when it was found.

lkd-ga
01-25-2008, 02:26 PM

If Christina is a cooperating witness then why is her attorney making such an issue out of the shoe? Are the tables turning and Christina is feeling the pressure?

Tom'sGirl
01-25-2008, 02:43 PM
When Greta posted the photos of the shoe on GretaWire and especially the ones with the sheriff handling the shoe ungloved, her posters started posting "what was he thinking handing the shoe?"

Ticamom
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Ohhh, so i guess their " collaborating witness " got a little touchy about them snooping around her house and yard with Greta while 2 million or so viewers watched. Hhmmmm.......

Is she nervous that LE will uncover the truth about her participation in all this ? Or is she embarrassed that by now everyone has seen her sloppy house ? :rolleyes: What is she afraid of ? I wonder what ?

It's gonna get ugly, mark my words. And I for one cannot wait to see what happens. It's about time LE stopped treating her with kid gloves. I say get with it ! Put some pressure on her. :behindbar

I've never trusted or believed in Xtina, and that is my own personal opinion.

MysteryAddict
01-25-2008, 05:28 PM
This is where we need wudge.
What is she afraid of?

Does Xtina have big feet?

Could the sneakers with blood on them be hers?
Just a thought. LOL

FMRUSMC
01-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Does Xtina have big feet?

Could the sneakers with blood on them be hers?
Just a thought. LOL

Why would 'SHE' help with the dirty work? POS does the killing while 'Mommy' parties and covers for his absence. Fellow Marines unsuspectantly help dig the hole. Mommy does the cleaning and painting. The Marine team had it going on. Sorry for my frustration and anger.
FMR.

Vegas Bride
01-25-2008, 05:57 PM
This morning on some program, sorry can't remember which one. They were saying the shoes were Marias. With her being pregnant it does make sense that she'd have on some big easy to slip on shoes.

VB

ShannonOhara
01-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Can we get her to try on that shoe?

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
This should send up some red flags for people! Christina's attorney seems to be saying that now she evidently has PLENTY to hide. I would suspect the shoes could be Christina's not Maria's as much fuss as this Atty is making over Greta's team being there. Guess her cooperation with LE is fast coming to an end.

Now...HOW would she explain Maria's blood being on the bottom of her shoe?! Hmmmmm...it would have to be FRESH for it to stain the shoe.

MysteryAddict
01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
This should send up some red flags for people! Christina's attorney seems to be saying that now she evidently has PLENTY to hide. I would suspect the shoes could be Christina's not Maria's as much fuss as this Atty is making over Greta's team being there. Guess her cooperation with LE is fast coming to an end.

Now...HOW would she explain Maria's blood being on the bottom of her shoe?! Hmmmmm...it would have to be FRESH for it to stain the shoe.

How careless would it be for such a clever gal to leave bloody sneakers just laying around the crime scene?

Nah----she's too clever for that, don't you think?

Mygirlsadie
01-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Heck yeah she is nervous & probably also ashamed. She knows people are going to pick her house apart inch by inch..and she probably reads here too! We picked on her for her wonderful interior decorating with the vacum cleaner being a nice touch to the living room..junk filled garage, oh yes Christina is embarrassed! (the beautiful doo doo brown colored living room wall? Need I go on?...)

Ohhh, so i guess their " collaborating witness " got a little touchy about them snooping around her house and yard with Greta while 2 million or so viewers watched. Hhmmmm.......

Is she nervous that LE will uncover the truth about her participation in all this ? Or is she embarrassed that by now everyone has seen her sloppy house ? :rolleyes: What is she afraid of ? I wonder what ?

It's gonna get ugly, mark my words. And I for one cannot wait to see what happens. It's about time LE stopped treating her with kid gloves. I say get with it ! Put some pressure on her. :behindbar

I've never trusted or believed in Xtina, and that is my own personal opinion.

Ticamom
01-26-2008, 05:37 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heck yeah she is nervous & probably also ashamed. She knows people are going to pick her house apart inch by inch..and she probably reads here too! We picked on her for her wonderful interior decorating with the vacum cleaner being a nice touch to the living room..junk filled garage, oh yes Christina is embarrassed! (the beautiful doo doo brown colored living room wall? Need I go on?...)

You forgot the adjective SHINY brown doodoo -colored wall. :D

Pharlap
01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
How careless would it be for such a clever gal to leave bloody sneakers just laying around the crime scene?

Nah----she's too clever for that, don't you think?

Why didn't Le find that in the first investigation of the house/yard?
I find it rather odd, the shoe would be out in plain site, next to the house(right??)

The Le hasn't confirmed or denied who it belongs to right?

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Why didn't Le find that in the first investigation of the house/yard?

That is the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!!!!

CL's property was swarming with LE on both 1/11 and 1/12 for the digging. I thought that TG even put up a tinyurl.pic that showed two LE officers right there where the shoe was found outside getting ready to put up yellow tape. TG, is that the same area where the shoe was found??

We really really need a thread for TG to put all the tinyurl.pic LINKS at!!!

Mygirlsadie
01-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Bahahahahaaa... OMG! ... ok ok ok I will stop now!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You forgot the adjective SHINY brown doodoo -colored wall. :D

JDB
01-26-2008, 12:34 PM

Is everyone forgetting one little detail here? The property is private property so in reality unless they had approval from someone they were all tresspassing!! I would more then likely do the same thing. ALso we all need to see what explaination is given how that show was not there when the SW was handed down. But all of the sudden Buford Brown finds it on TV???? And to make matters worse instead of leaving it on the ground he handled it. There is no chane a judge will even allow that sho into evidence if and when this goes to court.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
JDB:

The property might be "private" property, but once a yellow tape goes around it by LE, doesn't it then become LE's property????

JDB
01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
JDB:

The property might be "private" property, but once a yellow tape goes around it by LE, doesn't it then become LE's property????

True but once the first seach is done. If they are to go back to the scene another SW needs to be given by a judge. Go back to the LAci case. The LE everytime they went back to the house had to get another SW.And fome what I have heard and read. Brown had to call after the show was found to get another one.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Granted, the house would become private property again...but if she was SUCH a cooperating witness...she would not mind at all if they went back into that house where a woman was murdered. I know I would not have a problem with it as I could not set foot back into that place ever again!!

I would toss LE the keys and say, "Lock it up when you are finished with it! Take whatever the heck you want in the meantime!!".

If you were totally innocent, this would be a normal reaction...in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't have my Defense Attorney thrashing LE in public!

Jolynna
01-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Granted, the house would become private property again...but if she was SUCH a cooperating witness...she would not mind at all if they went back into that house where a woman was murdered. I know I would not have a problem with it as I could not set foot back into that place ever again!!

I would toss LE the keys and say, "Lock it up when you are finished with it! Take whatever the heck you want in the meantime!!".

If you were totally innocent, this would be a normal reaction...in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't have my Defense Attorney thrashing LE in public!

I would sue someone that took pictures of my messy house right now. Especially if they broadcast those pictures to the whole world.

I am not saying Christina is innocent. I think she helped with cleaning up.

But, Christina's lawyer is doing his job. He wouldn't be a good lawyer if he let her rights be violated.

In my opinion, Christina's lawyer doing what he was hired to do doesn't make her look guilty. (or innocent)

Mygirlsadie
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM
SS you and I are totally on the same wave-length here! I understand the 'law' but it don't mean I think it's right! I love how Christinas rights are being so protected. Would of been nice if somebody/anybody protected Maria.. (even a little bit)

JDB
01-26-2008, 03:53 PM
I would sue someone that took pictures of my messy house right now. Especially if they broadcast those pictures to the whole world.

I am not saying Christina is innocent. I think she helped with cleaning up.

But, Christina's lawyer is doing his job. He wouldn't be a good lawyer if he let her rights be violated.

In my opinion, Christina's lawyer doing what he was hired to do doesn't make her look guilty. (or innocent)

Thank you!!!!An even if innocent or Guilty I would protect my rights according to the Bill of rights in this country.After all we do not live in a country where are rights do not count. ANd Thank GAWD for that. Could u imgine having Big brother watching your every step?

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I thought Big Brother is watching our every step now? :)

JDB
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Until I see proof Christina was invoved I will not her accuse her of anything. And LD if they were we would have to register everything we own Crowbar Garbage can

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
JDB:

I have never ACCUSED Christina of anything. Do I think she has some involvement based on timelines, media, etc.? YEP.

I didn't mean for you to take the "Big Brother" is watching us literally, but let's just agree that the goverment is watching us more since 9/11. But that is not for this thread.

:)

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Christina has done PLENTY in my book!! She DID give Cesar enough time to get ahead of LE to get his "Get Out of the Death Penalty Free" card!! Can you find any way to dispute that fact?! No one else except Christina was responsible for waiting all those hours to pick up the phone and dial 911. Noooo...instead...she sleeps in...then makes various phone calls (none of which were to LE). She obviously gets cleaned up, meets with people, and casually strolls in with the "notes" stating her badass husband watched a woman commit "suicide" in her home (where I may add she was just sleeping and took time to get ready plus make phone calls) then took it upon himself to "bury" her in the woods. BS!!!

And that is only for starters!!

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SS:

that should have been posted on the "Stress Thread"! :):)

While I think there is more than a 99% probability of Christina covering for her Cesar, at this point, she is/has not been declared as a either a witness to the crime or involved in the crime.

I for one, just want more personal information found on this individual. Picture of her would be great, who are her friends??

I am SO AMAZED that not ONE person has come forward to the media in defense of her as of today.

SeriouslySearching
01-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Oooooooooh I don't think so, LD! (Don't try to control my posts, Dear.) This isn't a point of stress. It is a fact and it belongs right here on Christina's thread. : ) I didn't say she was a witness or involved in any crime...other than allowing him a headstart...which she DID do.

SeriouslySearching
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Christina went to school at Elgin High School in Marian, OH. She graduated 2001.

On the other thread, there were blurred out photos of her from the Early Show that TG put links up to.

She looked pregnant in the two photos maybe so they were old. I wonder what she looks like now and if she is an out of shape Marine? Is it a requirement after they have a child to get back into shape?!

Tom'sGirl
01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Christina went to school at Elgin High School in Marian, OH. She graduated 2001.

On the other thread, there were blurred out photos of her from the Early Show that TG put links up to.

She looked pregnant in the two photos maybe so they were old. I wonder what she looks like now and if she is an out of shape Marine? Is it a requirement after they have a child to get back into shape?!
I think the oldest photo was probably the one where you can see her blond hair on her right shoulder, yet the rest is all brunette.

As for getting back in shape, not being sarcastic, but my family live near Camp Pendleton and I live not far from the largest Marine Corps Base in the US/Twentynine Palms and I can truthfully say I see overweight female Marines on a regular basis.

STEADFAST
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Yes, it is a requirement. Per MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.10B W/CH 1

f. Women Marines returning from maternity leave have 6
months from the date of delivery to reestablish their weight and
military appearance standards as set forth in this Order.
. . .
(this next part applies to all Marines: )
a) If satisfactory progress has been made, even
though the weight goals have not been met, one extension of up to
6 months may be granted, at the end of which time the individual
will again be reevaluated. If weight goals are not met by the
end of the extension, the individual will be recommended for
discharge from the Marine Corps by reason of unsatisfactory
performance per the provisions of paragraph 6206.1 of reference
(a). No additional extensions will be granted.

(b) If satisfactory progress has not been made, it
can be concluded that the condition is because of apathy or a
lack of self-discipline. The individual, therefore, will be
recommended for discharge per the provisions of paragraph 6206.1
of reference (a).

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/Instructions/MarineCorpsInstructions/WeightControl.htm

Littledeer
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't know on what thread that I had posted on, but I had also believed that pic's 1 and 2 were of Christina when she was pregnant. Picture 3, still showed her being "bulky" in her normal state.

My antlers are on high alert for someone who has not publicy said anything to her defense. Here she is, a Marine, (activated), who's husband has written her more than one note affirming the FACT that Maria came to the house, slit her throat, and he buried her. He is now gone, she has received more than 4 letters from him since then and yet.........

NOT ONE WORD FROM THE WIFE!! Yes I understand she is most likely hog tied on base, but...........how can she escape the media where not even a snippet comes out??????

Do the Marines have that much power? Is Christina innocent? Not IMO, if you look at the timeline, but she could be one of the dumbest dumbest females that ever lived. Which I also don't believe.

STEADFAST
01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
He is now gone, she has received more than 4 letters from him since then and yet.........

NOT ONE WORD FROM THE WIFE!! Yes I understand she is most likely hog tied on base, but...........how can she escape the media where not even a snippet comes out??????

Do the Marines have that much power?

She didn't actually receive those letters. LE confiscated them from her mailbox according to an interview.

I really do think the Marines have her in the brig -- no media is going to get to her there. Or they may have ordered her not to talk to anyone about the case, in which case, yes, they do have the power to stop her. The only people they can't stop her from contacting are her attorney and the president of the U.S.

Tom'sGirl
01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes, it is a requirement. Per MARINE CORPS ORDER 6100.10B W/CH 1
http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/OperationalMedicine/DATA/operationalmed/Instructions/MarineCorpsInstructions/WeightControl.htm
That document was from 1997. Here is the current weight chart/requirements
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightfemale.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightfemale.htm)

I don't know how tall Christina is but Maria was listed at 5'4" 130 lbs. From the chart listed at the link above they are fairly liberal on weight compared to what my doctors guidelines are.

JDB
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
She didn't actually receive those letters. LE confiscated them from her mailbox according to an interview.

I really do think the Marines have her in the brig -- no media is going to get to her there. Or they may have ordered her not to talk to anyone about the case, in which case, yes, they do have the power to stop her. The only people they can't stop her from contacting are her attorney and the president of the U.S.

This is what I am thinking, She is not in the brig but protective custody on the base.There is a reason why she has not been charged yet!From what I hear she is still talking to the LE.

STEADFAST
01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightfemale.htm (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blweightfemale.htm)

I don't know how tall Christina is but Maria was listed at 5'4" 130 lbs. From the chart listed at the link above they are fairly liberal on weight compared to what my doctors guidelines are.

Yes, I noticed that a woman could be quite heavy and still be within the guidelines. They do have to pass certain physical fitness tests, though. I've seen some (men and women, but frankly, mainly women) that I cannot believe can pass the PRT! On the other hand, I personally know more than one Navy member who has been discharged for weight and/or failing the PRT too many times, so they do have to maintain a level of physical fitness that it doesn't look to me like Christina could easily manage.

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM

I don't know how tall Christina is but Maria was listed at 5'4" 130 lbs. From the chart listed at the link above they are fairly liberal on weight compared to what my doctors guidelines are.How tall is Cesar? Maybe we could guess at her height by his in the photos next to her.

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2008, 12:38 AM

I really do think the Marines have her in the brig -- no media is going to get to her there. Or they may have ordered her not to talk to anyone about the case, in which case, yes, they do have the power to stop her. The only people they can't stop her from contacting are her attorney and the president of the U.S.I guess I missed the interview mentioning the letters. Good! I am glad to know she isn't just receiving those.

I can't see Dubya taking her call anytime soon. :rolleyes: LOL

ipswitch
01-30-2008, 03:35 AM
I know somebody earlier asked about a link to the video of Christina's mom and stepdad from the Early show. I found a page that has the 4min video in full

http://www.shadowscope.com/archives/2008/01/cesar_laurean_sighted.php

You'll have to scroll down a bit, but its there in its entirety.

Jolynna
01-30-2008, 08:22 AM

I agree LE confiscated the letters from CL.

I don't think Christina is in the brig. She hasn't been charged with anything. Not by LE or the military.

My guess is that Christina isn't talking to media or showing her face because her lawyer told her not to.

There are reasons to suspect Christina is guilty of more than waiting longer than she should have to tell what she knew. But, I don't think that her not talking to the media should be one of those reasons. (that sounds, to me, like following a lawyer's advice.)

My opinion.

Mygirlsadie
01-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Also she is safe from the media if she is on the base. They are just not allowed on base to film and take pictures whenever they feel like it. I remember in Ft.Hood when my hubby's brigade was about to deploy all the local news stations were camped outside the gates trying to get on.. I am really surprised though that not one person has snuck her pic. out to websites and such..

STEADFAST
01-30-2008, 08:43 AM
I agree LE confiscated the letters from CL.

I don't think Christina is in the brig. She hasn't been charged with anything. Not by LE or the military.

My guess is that Christina isn't talking to media or showing her face because her lawyer told her not to.

There are reasons to suspect Christina is guilty of more than waiting longer than she should have to tell what she knew. But, I don't think that her not talking to the media should be one of those reasons. (that sounds, to me, like following a lawyer's advice.)

My opinion.

You don't have to be charged with anything to be in the brig. If they think you have reason to bolt, you can be put in the brig. Actually, you can be put in the brig just because your CO wants you in there -- at least for a certain period of time.

I think she's either in the brig or in a restricted barracks. The posters on LeJeune Underground think she must be living with her sister. No one has mentioned seeing her around the base or hearing that anyone else has seen her.

Tom'sGirl
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
How tall is Cesar? Maybe we could guess at her height by his in the photos next to her.
His description said 5'9", 160 lbs.

peace9274
01-30-2008, 05:38 PM
".........

She looked pregnant in the two photos maybe so they were old. .."

I've tried to find these photos. Are they linked here, at WS? If so, and if someone knows what thread they're on... could you please post the link again?

TIA :)

Tom'sGirl
01-30-2008, 06:25 PM
I've tried to find these photos. Are they linked here, at WS? If so, and if someone knows what thread they're on... could you please post the link again?

TIA :)
Here ya go.........
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1947418&postcount=329

peace9274
01-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Here ya go.........

Thank you so much, Tom'sGirl! :blowkiss:

Not knowing what she looks like has been driving me crazy. :crazy:
At least I got a slight impression. I just don't get why her face is blurred!
What's the big secret??? :confused:

Has anyone seen a recent issue of The Nat'l Enquirer? Or any other tabloid?
They've never been shy of showing photos and will go to all lengths and expense to get them.

I'm surprised they haven't found / paid someone, who knows the Laureans,
for some real dirt / gossip / photos.

I'm sure they realize how badly people (ME!) want to see her and how badly they (ME!) want to know something/anything about her. I'm sure they know any photos of her would sell a *****-load of papers!

Geeeezzzz ... I'd even take some of their stretching of the truth.
In fact, I'm so ready for any info on her, I'd be satisfied with their lies... :)

Matter a fact, that gives me an idea... :waitasec:
I do have some big tuition bills that need paying!

Anyone know the Enquirer's phone # ? :woohoo:

Mygirlsadie
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
National Enquirer

Email or call:
800-223-6226
(americanmedia@rja-ads.com)americanmedia@rja-ads.com (americanmedia@rja-ads.com) s.com (americanmedia@rja-ads.com)

WE SHOULD ALL EMAIL!! THEY MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW...

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2008, 07:41 PM
LOL Well, for once I hope that NE comes up with something...like a photo or two! I might even be pursuaded to actually buy a copy!

Tom'sGirl
01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
LOL Well, for once I hope that NE comes up with something...like a photo or two! I might even be pursuaded to actually buy a copy!
I'd wager a bet if she were a Celeb we'd have already seen her face:crazy:

SeriouslySearching
01-30-2008, 08:06 PM
LOL I know that is right, TG!

Anita Richman
01-31-2008, 02:11 PM
His description said 5'9", 160 lbs.

I just looked at the blurred out photo that you linked. Her hands and arm look big. Either she's pregnant in the photo, or she is just a big girl. Anyway, I am guessing she is between 5'7-5'8.

Also, of topic, sort of. I noticed in one of the crime scene photos (of the Lauren's living room) and the little wooden looking angel figurines (by Willow Tree, I think) are the same ones I collect. :(

Tom'sGirl
01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
I just looked at the blurred out photo that you linked. Her hands and arm look big. Either she's pregnant in the photo, or she is just a big girl. Anyway, I am guessing she is between 5'7-5'8.

Also, of topic, sort of. I noticed in one of the crime scene photos (of the Lauren's living room) and the little wooden looking angel figurines (by Willow Tree, I think) are the same ones I collect. :(
I agree, don't think Christina is a small girl, but rather stocky by looking at her wrists, etc.

What a bummer about the figurines..........sorry kid!

O/T Have to leave for the day, will check back later

SeriouslySearching
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I noticed the Willow Tree figurines, too. My daughter-in-law collects them and I buy them regularly for her.

peace9274
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM

While I was in line at the grocery store this evening, I picked up a Feb 4th issue of Nat'l Enquirer (or the Globe or ?) and thumbed through it looking for an article or, preferably, photos of Christina.

There was a 2 page article on the case, mostly enlarged photos of the house, the crime scene, one of Laurean, and a small head shot of Maria.

The written part of the article was just 2 large paragraphs, with nothing at all stated that we didn't already know.

In fact, they could've gotten more info and written a much more interesting article if they had used Websleuths dot com as their refence and source.

I'm still surprised they didn't have a photo of Christina!

After seeing that article, I had to get out of line :bang: and go search the other tabloid rag mags to see if they had anything.

Not one had anything on the case.... that I saw.

However, I wasn't doing thorough searches, cuz I needed to get home and besides, I'd already spent too much time at the magazine stand reading the Redecorating and Renovating Homes mags.

Seeing the Laurean's new-redo to their living room... the brown painted wall, the unmatched sofas facing / across the room from each other, the vac standing there like it's a rare porcelain statuette ... wow! it's all really just inspired the ***** outta me.

Tom'sGirl
01-31-2008, 10:10 PM
While I was in line at the grocery store this evening, I picked up a Feb 4th issue of Nat'l Enquirer (or the Globe or ?) and thumbed through it looking for an article or, preferably, photos of Christina.

There was a 2 page article on the case, mostly enlarged photos of the house, the crime scene, one of Laurean, and a small head shot of Maria.

The written part of the article was just 2 large paragraphs, with nothing at all stated that we didn't already know.

In fact, they could've gotten more info and written a much more interesting article if they had used Websleuths dot com as their refence and source.

After seeing that article, I had to get out of line :bang: and go search the other tabloid rag mags to see if they had anything.

However, I wasn't doing thorough searches, cuz I needed to get home and besides, I'd already spent too much time at the magazine stand reading the Redecorating and Renovating Homes mags.

[quote]Seeing the Laurean's new-redo to their living room... the brown painted wall, the unmatched sofas facing / across the room from each other
The paint and the sofa look darker on one side of the room due to the lighting of the flash when the photo was taken.

peace9274
01-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Ahhh hah... Thanx, Tom'sGirl

now I get it! :rolleyes:

No wonder I couldn't find any "how-to'" or DIY articles on that look. :)

Anita Richman
02-01-2008, 02:25 AM

Seeing the Laurean's new-redo to their living room... the brown painted wall, the unmatched sofas facing / across the room from each other, the vac standing there like it's a rare porcelain statuette ... wow! it's all really just inspired the ***** outta me.

How are ya, Peace? I think the "look" you were gazing at was "total military enlisted era 2000 via garage sale". (I recognize it, because I lived it! lol)

The "porcelain statue" vacuum actually says alot to me. For SOME reason, the Lauren's didn't expect to have LE inspect their home. If so, little "clean up hints" would have been gone...the vaccuum put away, for instance.

I think, for some odd reason, the Lauren's (or at least Caesar) were caught off guard.

Ticamom
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
How are ya, Peace? I think the "look" you were gazing at was "total military enlisted era 2000 via garage sale". (I recognize it, because I lived it! lol)

The "porcelain statue" vacuum actually says alot to me. For SOME reason, the Lauren's didn't expect to have LE inspect their home. If so, little "clean up hints" would have been gone...the vaccuum put away, for instance.

I think, for some odd reason, the Lauren's (or at least Caesar) were caught off guard.

I agree with you , Anita. The Laurean's thought they had pulled off the perfect murder, and they didn't think that anyone would come snooping around their house, otherwise it would have looked a lot tidier. They thought that LE would be as easy to fool as the Marines had during the rape investigation. Also, the bus ticket and ATM withdrawals would make it seem as if Maria was far away from J'ville. So it came as a surprise to them that Brown would insist on talking to POS . I think that he had planned to run if necessary, but he wasn't at all prepared to have to do it so soon. Hence the messy house, shoes strown about w/ unknown sticky substance on them, etc.

If I were Christina, I would be mortified. But that's just me, I'm sort of OCD about my house ! :crazy:

peace9274
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
How are ya, Peace?

I think the "look" you were gazing at was "total military enlisted era 2000 via garage sale".
(I recognize it, because I lived it! lol)

I'm very good, Anita Darlin' ... and you? :)

Thanx for your explanation about Christina's decorating!
So, you're saying I have to join the military to get that look? :rolleyes:

After seeing pics of your beautifully decorated home,
I can't believe your house ever looked like that. :eek:
Military life or not!

I wonder if that shiny vac had just been purchased,
as in right after they sold their other one at the "Yard Sale".

Makes ya wonder if the Laureans left it there on purpose, knowing LE
would eventually be coming around to snoop and check out the place.
Were they hoping that LE would grab it, examine the contents....
and voila!..... there'd be no evidence in it? :waitasec:

I hope the person that purchased the vacuum cleaner didn't throw
out the contents before turning it over to LE... if they did in fact turn it over to them.

BTW ~ Anita... I miss our late night chats! xoxox :blowkiss:
P.S. How's "under the dress" going? Or was it under duress... ?? :confused:

Never mind.

KR2tonenow
02-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Here ya go.........
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1947418&postcount=329

Finally a glimpse of Mrs. Laurean!! I am able to see something there at least. They are protecting her privacy for some reason. But at least this was something!

philamena
02-02-2008, 12:31 AM
It's more than a little weird that Christina's picture hasn't surfaced don't you think? I can't figure out if she's under protective custody or if she's being kept out of the press because LE is using her to hopefully in order to reach her husband.

Pepperoni
02-02-2008, 05:04 AM
I agree about these blurred out pics of Christina. I have searched all over and have come up empty. I even took these blurred out pics into a graphics program..All I could do was bring out out her facial features just a bit but I'm still trying! Aggravating isn't it?

Aside from that, I'm on the fence about her involvement. I'm not ready to say she was involved in the murder itself, but I'm pretty dang sure she helped with the cover up..IMO...who could be so blind?

Littledeer
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Jeanna(DP) posted from someone who is not yet a member of WS, that we should go to classmates around the time that Christina graduated and ask to buy a yearbook from one of the classmates.

Has anyone done that yet??

davenj
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
If you google the name Christina Laurean you'll get a hit for a myspace account.The girl is brunette and early twenties.Lives in Jacksonville as well.The header on her page says in BIG letters ..Iam NOTChristina Laurean.apparently she was getting ALOT of less than friendly e mail.

Tom'sGirl
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
If you google the name Christina Laurean you'll get a hit for a myspace account.The girl is brunette and early twenties.Lives in Jacksonville as well.The header on her page says in BIG letters ..Iam NOTChristina Laurean.apparently she was getting ALOT of less than friendly e mail.
That poor girl has been discussed here dave, and it's not her. I found a few the right age, but from viewing comments and their photos they also are not Christina.

STEADFAST
02-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I think one of the reasons it's hard to find "Christina Laurean" is that, for one thing, she goes by the last name Smith-Laurean. But mostly I think it may be that the name "Christina" has so many nicknames associated with it: Chris, Chrissy, Chrissi, Chrissie, Christy, Christi, Christie, Tina, etc. If someone went through boot camp with "Tina Smith," for instance, would they even realize she is now referred to as "Christina Laurean"?

Tom'sGirl
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Christina Laurean--Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice? (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/51303)
American Chronicle - Beverly Hills,CA,USA
With these thoughts in mind, consider this: what if Christina Laurean´s jealousy killed Maria Lauterbach? What if Maria and Cesar were having an illicit ...

Note last paragraph in article

lilpony
02-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Christina Laurean--Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice? (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/51303)
With these thoughts in mind, consider this: what if Christina Laurean´s jealousy killed Maria Lauterbach? What if Maria and Cesar were having an illicit ...

Great article. Something to think about there. Could that be why we don't see Chrisina face, it could very well be. Hmmmmm

STEADFAST
02-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Great article. Something to think about there. Could that be why we don't see Chrisina face, it could very well be. Hmmmmm

Has that reporter been reading here?

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Note last paragraph in articleWhy is it when I said it...no one listened?! :rolleyes: I guess I need a byline.

I am glad to know someone else suspects there could be more to Christina's involvement. :)

Mygirlsadie
02-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh believe me I listened! I am still listening.. I don't think for a second that Christina's hands are clean in this.

Why is it when I said it...no one listened?! :rolleyes: I guess I need a byline.

I am glad to know someone else suspects there could be more to Christina's involvement. :)

SeriouslySearching
02-05-2008, 02:47 AM
With all the breaking news in the past two days, it seems this case hasn't gotten much play. I wonder where LE is with Christina and with locating Cesar? Sooner or later, they are going to have to come to the conclusion that Christina has not fully cooperated and they need to take a better look at the situation, imo.

Mygirlsadie
02-05-2008, 03:33 AM
I wonder what is going on also. Sometimes it's good when things die down a little because the criminals get a little comfortable and they do something stupid..(like maybe try and get in contact with their husband who is hiding in Mexico?!)

btbsmith
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM

Nice article. In line with some of what has been postulated here.

If Xtina is involved, I doubt she pruchased the bus ticket as proposed in the article, more liklely it was Maria - possibly with CL in background. Xtina was supposedly at the party and also we now know Xtina is not *that* close in resemblance to Maria (unless the blurred pics we saw were old).

I am somewhat on the fence, but hard to think she did not at least aid in getting him out of town. The article doubts Xtina's reaction as normal, but I'm not sure that her allowing him to escape is not normal - she did marry the guy and have a kid by him. Wanting to save any remnant of her family seems pretty normal. I can buy that she might not have noticed anything in the garage and the living room, but... Yes, I know this does not explain the backyard hole and new burn pit, the moving of the dog and playset, and possibly Maria's car, etc.

Crime-Dreamer
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I am new to this site and I found this site because of this case. I found the article, "Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice?" discusting. I feel to blame Maria Lauterbach for her rape and murder is to blame all rape victims for their rape. To blame her for her rape, murder and burning of her body and her baby and to say the Christina Laurean helped killed her our of jelousy is a putdown to all women. I just cannot see how he would be such a prize. He sounds like an abuser and a real nut to me. Perhaps dps Christina was involved because she too was abused by him or she was afraid he was going to murder her too based on what she had seen. I cannot believe a woman wrote that article. Maria Lauterbach had only been out of high school for 18 months. What would she want with a married man who had raped her? She was not having an affair with him. She was afraid of him. She told her friends that, her mother that, and she filed restraining orders against him. She requested a base transfer to get away from him.

Tom'sGirl
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Has that reporter been reading here?

Everyone has their take on this case, and that was hers. One doesn't have to belong to a Forum to have an opinion or speculation. She may or may not read Forums discussing the "what ifs".

Anyone interested or following this case has their own take on what may have happened, and that was hers.

I just wanted to post the article since many here had/have had the same thoughts.

JDB
02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
With all the breaking news in the past two days, it seems this case hasn't gotten much play. I wonder where LE is with Christina and with locating Cesar? Sooner or later, they are going to have to come to the conclusion that Christina has not fully cooperated and they need to take a better look at the situation, imo.

Or sooner or later come out and once again say That Christina is cooperating still.ANd I will bet you she will have no contcat with CL. As he is still hiding in Mexico.

davenj
02-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Christina had a part in all of this,someway,somehow.She knew about the rape charges.She had to notice all the stuff around the house after the murder.Who knows,these two had from Dec14 on to try and figure out a believable story for officals.

STEADFAST
02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Everyone has their take on this case, and that was hers. One doesn't have to belong to a Forum to have an opinion or speculation. She may or may not read Forums discussing the "what ifs".

Anyone interested or following this case has their own take on what may have happened, and that was hers.

I just wanted to post the article since many here had/have had the same thoughts.

I just meant that that theory is widespread here. I agree with it, too.

Littledeer
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
scratching antlers:

I thought it was a good article that also said what some of us here on this forum feel but have not been able to articulate the words as this reporter did.

Thanks TG for posting it!

Christina is an enigma at this point. A very important person with NO FACE!!

Because of that, she projects herself as being more involved that not. Of course, it could be to protect "her" from crazies who totally believe she was involved. Who knows????

Or she is being protected, for other reasons. Again, who knows???

I for one, still find it hard to believe based on timelines, facts we know so far, suppositions even, that she was not involved somehow. Whether it was prior, during or after. But she was involved somehow.

IMO

KR2tonenow
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM

I agree with the theory here of the author. However, "to keep the family intact", remains questionable.

Then why help Laurean leave, why not go with him? Or was she to follow later....:mad: but, the body was found...

Crime-Dreamer
02-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree with the theory here of the author. However, "to keep the family intact", remains questionable.

Then why help Laurean leave, why not go with him? Or was she to follow later....:mad: but, the body was found...

Maybe the ticket to El Paso was for Christina. El Paso is a crossing point to Mexico.

STEADFAST
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe the ticket to El Paso was for Christina. El Paso is a crossing point to Mexico.

But if it was for Christina, why was it bought for the 15th? (I do think buying that ticket had something to do with the Laureans, not just something Maria decided to do on her own.)

davenj
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm wondering if the pics of Christina got pulled because she looks alot like Maria?If so it would be easy for her to score a bus ticket as Maria,since they robbed Maria's body of her cash and ID card.Also,didn't someone mention that CL had been telling the neighbors that Christina was pregnant?If Maria and Christia look alot alike,and CL tells people that Christina is pregnant no one would take the second look to see if he was with Maria or Christina at the bus station or ATM machine.

To me Christina is either the dumbest ever,not noticing blood everywhere,burning bodies etc... or the smartest ever,getting rid of her rival and the cheating/raping/killing husband.

SeriouslySearching
02-26-2008, 01:52 PM
They really need to stop fooling around with Christina and get some charges rolling in her direction. Maybe he would be more inclined to give himself up if she were facing jail time for him.

JDB
02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Seems like this one has gotten quiet.It has been verified that Maria bought the Bust ticket on the 14th not the 15th. Also the PD can not bring charges against Christina unless they have something to charge her with. they can not bring up bogus charges .

oceanblueeyes
03-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I am new to this site and I found this site because of this case. I found the article, "Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice?" disgusting. I feel to blame Maria Lauterbach for her rape and murder is to blame all rape victims for their rape. To blame her for her rape, murder and burning of her body and her baby and to say the Christina Laurean helped killed her our of jealousy is a put down to all women. I just cannot see how he would be such a prize. He sounds like an abuser and a real nut to me. Perhaps dps Christina was involved because she too was abused by him or she was afraid he was going to murder her too based on what she had seen. I cannot believe a woman wrote that article. Maria Lauterbach had only been out of high school for 18 months. What would she want with a married man who had raped her? She was not having an affair with him. She was afraid of him. She told her friends that, her mother that, and she filed restraining orders against him. She requested a base transfer to get away from him.

Welcome CD!

I don't understand your stance on "women.":confused: They aren't some flawless human beings so why should they be looked at any differently in a criminal case?

Woman have killed because of jealousy many times over and when they have been scorned their vindictiveness and revengefulness can reek like acid. To deny that truth is wrong imo. Is it a put down to women in general because so many women seem to be neglecting/torturing/sexually exploiting and murdering their own children? I don't think it has anything to do with holding women up at all cost or putting them down. I think it is looking at the brutal truth and just because someone is born a woman never means they aren't wicked as the Devil.

The Cadet Murder case is a perfect example of the calculating, cunning, evil that a woman can partake in. She demanded her lover murder the girl that he told her he had sex with. Then we have females who are single handily wiping out their parents or participate in wiping out their entire families including their own siblings. So many women do not impress me much these days simply by being a woman.

You say she was not having an affair? How do you know that? So what if there WAS contact between them before December 14th? If that comes out will you think LE is lying?

Maria had two stories she told. One she told to her family and one she told to the Corps. They are very inconsistent. She was repeatedly asked if she felt threatened by CAL, she said "No" each time. At no time all these months was the MPO ever violated.

Since they have not charged Laurean with kidnapping Maria and it is 56 days out now, I do believe they did have contact with each other before that day and on that day and Maria came there on her own free will to see him.

Now with Christina....I think she had as much motive or more to murder Maria and Gabriel. I do not believe he could have done all the things he would have had to do in such a short time period and even if we use the bus station trip as a guide and she came right back then it would have taken her about 45 minutes just to get back and we don't even know if she went straight back as he said she came back later on. We do know that CSL was to have come in sometime around 7pm. Could be even earlier and Sutherland just rounded it off to 7. So that makes the time line so tight for it to all be undetectable when CSL walked in wanting to know where her no show hubby had been.

So she is under a cloud of suspicion as she should be. No one could be so blind to it all. I don't trust CAL or CSL and I think either one of them were perfectly capable of murdering Maria and the other one being in cahoots to cover it up. OCSD have not come out and said they have ruled her out. In fact Hudson said there could be more arrests.

I am very glad to see that a female reporter actually looks at the case from all sides including intriguing thoughts about whether the wife in this case is the accomplice or the murderer. It renews my faith that slanted biases do not come into play just because CSL is a female and so is the reporter.

imoo

oceanblueeyes
03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
They really need to stop fooling around with Christina and get some charges rolling in her direction. Maybe he would be more inclined to give himself up if she were facing jail time for him.

Unfortunately due to CAL being on the lam it has given LE much more time to tediously investigate the case which that is a good thing out of the bad. They are in no rush to make any arrest of CSL. They know where she is and I would gather to say, they probably have her phone tapped and her mail is being monitored. They had already intercepted the letters that were sent from Houston so they are wary of her truthfulness imo.

I don't think they will imply she is going to be arrested. She is much more valuable to them talking with them with her lawyer present rather than clamming up. For each time she talks they are looking for inconsistencies. Many times LE asks questions they already know the answers to in order to test and see how credible the person is. Personally, I think she is walking a tightrope trying to hang on.

Now they still can do a plea deal with her but they won't do that now imo. I just read of another case where a plea deal was done the night before the trial was to commence. So that can be done at anytime and Laurean isn't even back for a trial.

I do remember SBs words though when he said for Cpl. Laurean to come back and tell him his story. If he is brought back and does convey what happened with his lawyers sitting there with him I think LE will weigh what he says and see if it is backed up by the evidence they have. If it does then imo this case can break wide open and will have some bizarre twists and turns.

imoo

SeriouslySearching
04-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Hudson told FOX News several weeks ago a computer was taken from the house of Laurean's wife's sister.

His wife was using the computer to communicate with Laurean, Hudson said, adding there was evidence that he planned go to Las Vegas and visit his family.

"She [Laurean's wife] is still deeply in love with her husband," Husdon told FOX News.

It was not clear if his wife's sister knew she was using the computer to communicate with Laurean.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350032,00.html

Now, it is falling into place for Christina to face the music along with her husband. If this isn't proof enough she DID help him escape...I don't know what is!! What ELSE did she help him do?!?!

SeriouslySearching
04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Authorities also seized the wife's diary.

"It's clear she's still deeply in love with him and she is vacillating between loving him and being angry at him for not being faithful to her," the official said. "It's not necessarily illegal for a wife to talk to her husband, but if she had tried to help him in any way, there would have been a problem."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/missing.marine/index.html

JinxieJada
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Xtina supposedly staying at her Sister and brother in Law's House in J'sonville supposedly during this "whole ordeal". They (sis and BIL) are also (supposedly) both Marines. Tyler and Amber Emrick -

possible Myspace for amber - nfortunately it's set to private and I don't know how to go back in time to see if what once "not private"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65833101

So if this supposed info is true - can they be brought up on some type of charges IE - knowing she was in communication with him (C'mon the girl wrote about it in her diary I can't imagine she'd be able to keep communication to herself!) and not "opening their mouths" about it...

JDB
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I do not think she will be charged with anything from what I read.

MORELIA, Mexico — North Carolina authorities on Friday said the wife of a Marine charged with murdering a pregnant colleague denied his requests for assistance as he hid in Mexico.

Onslow County Sheriff's Capt. Rick Sutherland said Cpl. Cesar Laurean repeatedly asked his family and his wife, Christina, for resources after he fled in January to Mexico.

"She specifically denied to provide those resources when she was asked," Sutherland said. "She knew that was against the law."

He added: "We received cooperation from family members. … That got us to the place we are today."

More at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350070,00.html

Mygirlsadie
04-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Hmm was I right or was I right?! :crazy:
I posted this comment back in February.

I wonder what is going on also. Sometimes it's good when things die down a little because the criminals get a little comfortable and they do something stupid..(like maybe try and get in contact with their husband who is hiding in Mexico?!)

BeavisMom62
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I posted this comment back in February.

You go girl!!! I love your name by the way, my female dog's name is Sadie Mae and everytime I see your name, it reminds me of her and what a good girl she is.

Mygirlsadie
04-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks! I felt like giving myself a tiny kudo hehehe..that's too cute about your dog! My German Shepherd is also named Sadie. She's a sweetheart too. (even with all her dog hair everywhere) :crazy:

You go girl!!! I love your name by the way, my female dog's name is Sadie Mae and everytime I see your name, it reminds me of her and what a good girl she is.

SeriouslySearching
04-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I posted this comment back in February.You were absolutely 100% correct, Mygirlsadie!!! Good call!! :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

(Getting my plate and fork ready for all the crow I am going to be eating soon.)

BeavisMom62
04-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks! I felt like giving myself a tiny kudo hehehe..that's too cute about your dog! My German Shepherd is also named Sadie. She's a sweetheart too. (even with all her dog hair everywhere) :crazy:

Nothing wrong with kudos! If I'm not mistaken (I don't feel like looking for the thread) but as soon as I heard about the blood spatter evidence, I was the first one to scream "blunt force trauma to the head"! (Yeah, we have three dogs and tho Sadie is a border collie, she and OUR shepherd have hair all over! Spring shed and all! LOL)

KR2tonenow
04-13-2008, 12:37 AM
OK....if this woman Xtina LOVES her husband after all he has done. Then she's a fool.
:bang:

Pocono Sleuther
04-13-2008, 09:09 AM
IMO, she's declaring her love for him because she is involved. She's showing her loyalty. My theory has always included Christina.

STEADFAST
04-13-2008, 09:37 AM
How come nobody's ever seen Christina since Cesar took off? We used to think she was either hiding or being held on base, but now we've found out she was using the computer at her sister's house. Surely her sister's neighbors would have seen her coming and going during these months. It doesn't seem like she ever leaves the house. Do you suppose she's under some sort of house arrest or restriction by the Marines? Maybe they let her have access to her sister's computer just to see if she'd contact Cesar?

oceanblueeyes
04-13-2008, 09:45 AM
IMO, she's declaring her love for him because she is involved. She's showing her loyalty. My theory has always included Christina.

Absolutely and the spin has begun.

The information concerning Christina's private thoughts were purposefully place out there for the potential jury pool. There absolutely was no logical reason why a DA would disclose any information he had obtained about his key witness who he seems to bless as being honorable no matter what she does.

If they hadn't seized the computer, diaries or letters addressed to Laurean she would be sitting there typing to her heart's content with a fugitive that everyone was spending thousands of man hours looking for...yet she is credible? Honorable?:rolleyes:

Isn't it so strange that even before handing over the infamous notes she had a criminal defense attorney in tow with her when she went to the Marine Corps that morning? And of course her attorney advised her not to send any money to Laurean if he tried to make contact for funds. So we are supposed to be all gushy and touchy feely because she heeded his advice to cover her own butt?

imoo

BeavisMom62
04-13-2008, 11:47 AM

The information concerning Christina's private thoughts were purposefully place out there for the potential jury pool. There absolutely was no logical reason why a DA would disclose any information he had obtained about his key witness who he seems to bless as being honorable no matter what she does.

If they hadn't seized the computer, diaries or letters addressed to Laurean she would be sitting there typing to her heart's content with a fugitive that everyone was spending thousands of man hours looking for...yet she is credible? Honorable?:rolleyes:

Isn't it so strange that even before handing over the infamous notes she had a criminal defense attorney in tow with her when she went to the Marine Corps that morning? And of course her attorney advised her not to send any money to Laurean if he tried to make contact for funds. So we are supposed to be all gushy and touchy feely because she heeded his advice to cover her own butt?

imoo

ITA!!! I thought it so odd that the largest part of the PC was the sheriff, the DA and Xtina's atty protecting her and basically saying what a wonderful person she is, so cooperative and didn't do anything because she knew it was AGAINST THE LAW! Hmm... what about covering up a crime, helping him to escape, attacking maria while she was alive, etc.etc. We could all go on and on about the things that she has already done which are AGAINST THE LAW! but now all of a sudden she is a law abiding citizen. doubt it!

Jolynna
04-13-2008, 12:14 PM

imoo

I agree that Christina had to be involved in some covering up. Who else would have helped CL drop Marie's car off? It boggles the mind that she could come home from a party and not notice anything "different" about their home after a bloody murder.

BUT, I have to say that IF I came home from a party and my husband who never washes clothes was washing clothes (something he never does) I might be suspicious he was up to something, but I wouldn't suspect he KILLED someone.

It doesn't look like there was room to park a car in CL's garage. Except to park a vehicle, I don't go into our garage daily or even weekly. So I wouldn't notice changes there. If I DID go into the garage and see stains, I'd think it was badly-cleaned-up grease stuff. Not blood.

Even if some girl accused my husband of raping her, I'd believe my husband, whom I know, first. And it would never, never cross my mind that he might kill her. I wouldn't see the signs of murder because I wouldn't be looking for them.

That being said, I, personally, think Christina helped her husband after the murder was done. BUT, if she didn't actually commit the murder, I don't think it would benefit CL to ever tell how Christine "helped".

I think, on Greta, it was made very clear that LE thinks there is no chance Christine is the murderer. Maybe, they have evidence (fingerprints on the murder weapon or something) to back up that belief.

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to wait longer than we'd like to wait for this to go to trial and to find out all of the evidence.

IMO

STEADFAST
04-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Wasn't that Christina's shoe with blood stains that the sheriff found on the back patio when he was giving Greta Van Susteren the home tour?

Jolynna
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
ITA!!! I thought it so odd that the largest part of the PC was the sheriff, the DA and Xtina's atty protecting her and basically saying what a wonderful person she is, so cooperative and didn't do anything because she knew it was AGAINST THE LAW! Hmm... what about covering up a crime, helping him to escape, attacking maria while she was alive, etc.etc. We could all go on and on about the things that she has already done which are AGAINST THE LAW! but now all of a sudden she is a law abiding citizen. doubt it!

She may be guilty of all of those things.

BUT, unless CL accuses her of more than she has admitted to, I don't think she'll ever face charges.

AND, there is a possibility she didn't clean up, didn't know the body was in the backyard and didn't attack Marie.

What was the evidence Christine attacked Marie? I thought she said verbally something to Marie or called her once. Is there evidence Christine did more?

Where did we get the evidence Marie was verbally confronted by Christine?

I hate defending someone IMO doesn't have clean hands. BUT, it is possible Christine did just what LE said she did and no more.

JMO

BeavisMom62
04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Wasn't that Christina's shoe with blood stains that the sheriff found on the back patio when he was giving Greta Van Susteren the home tour?

I was thinking about that shoe the other day. I think you're right.

KR2tonenow
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
I think that Xtina has been used as a pawn, as soon as the police got wind of the body being buried in the backyard.

She has been under surveillance this whole time Ceasar has been on the Lam. Probably bugged, tapped, and watched!

They need to bring this POS in, what better way then having the wife lure him in! They traced him back to the Internet Cafe because she was commnicating with POS via computer. DUH!! She can't be that dumb.

She will be used as witness in court and and they will persecute to the full extent of the law against POS!

POS is the target!

teedie2
04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
No matter what was said in the PC, I cannot get past the fact that there had to be a bloody mess in the Laurean home, and it just doesn't seem like he could have hidden Maria's body and cleaned everything up before Christina came home from the party.

Any theories on where Maria's body was hidden?

How did he manage to bury Maria's body in the pit while Christina, the stay-at-home-mom, was around. :eek:

How did Christina not notice Maria's car at the house?

Doesn't work for me.

On the day of the murder, was their daughter in day care while Christina was partying and Laurean was allegedly murdering? Did Christina have the little girl with her when she came home that day/evening? What time did she come home? Did Christina call him from the party when he didn't show up?

Hoping not to kill the thread, which I do frequently enough for someone who doesn't post a lot! :(

golfmom
04-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Teedie, I can't let you be a thread-killer! I firmly believe that Christina KNEW that Maria was murdered in her home LONG before she reported it ... and I think she knowingly conspired and helped CL in the CLEAN UP.

lilpony
04-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I can't believe that not even one of the great sleuthers here. Has not found a picture of Christina L. I've look and nothing. There has to be a way to find one....grrrrrr

panthera
04-13-2008, 04:48 PM
How come nobody's ever seen Christina since Cesar took off? We used to think she was either hiding or being held on base, but now we've found out she was using the computer at her sister's house. Surely her sister's neighbors would have seen her coming and going during these months. It doesn't seem like she ever leaves the house. Do you suppose she's under some sort of house arrest or restriction by the Marines? Maybe they let her have access to her sister's computer just to see if she'd contact Cesar?
I read that the Marines have restricted her from talking to the media.

panthera
04-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that Xtina has been used as a pawn, as soon as the police got wind of the body being buried in the backyard.

She has been under surveillance this whole time Ceasar has been on the Lam. Probably bugged, tapped, and watched!

They need to bring this POS in, what better way then having the wife lure him in! They traced him back to the Internet Cafe because she was commnicating with POS via computer. DUH!! She can't be that dumb.

She will be used as witness in court and and they will persecute to the full extent of the law against POS!

POS is the target!
This sounds like deja vu of SP and Amber Frey! :eek: Didn't Sheriff Brown say that Cesar sent him an email on 3/31? That sure didn't need Christina's help in tracking down Cesar.

SeriouslySearching
04-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I can't believe that not even one of the great sleuthers here. Has not found a picture of Christina L. I've look and nothing. There has to be a way to find one....grrrrrrIt is amazing how she has even hidden from the national media! However, I believe one or two of our WSers did find a couple of photos they believed to be her, but didn't post them because they were not confirmed to actually be Christina.

SeriouslySearching
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I read that the Marines have restricted her from talking to the media.Wasn't this also mentioned in the presser? (I could be mistaken since I have only seen snippets.)

panthera
04-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Wasn't this also mentioned in the presser? (I could be mistaken since I have only seen snippets.)
Yes.

"But Christina Laurean is not a suspect in Lauterbach's homicide and has been prevented from coming forward to speak to the media by the Marine Corps, said her attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Christopher Welch.

"Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean was advised not to discuss circumstances of the case with anyone other than law enforcement officials," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force, to which both Laureans and Lauterbach were assigned."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/happen_56005___article.html/coordinated_effort.html

SeriouslySearching
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Panthera. :)

panthera
04-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks, Panthera. :)
You're most welcome! :)

SeriouslySearching
04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
You know, the more I think about Christina...the more I worry about her child. The fact she contemplated suicide in January is troubling on this front. If LE is pretending to support her, does this place the child in unneccessary danger as things unfold with Cesar?

Schmerty_Jones
04-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Christina has her parents & her sister to take care of her child. I do believe the suicide story is a ploy for sympathy.JMO!

panthera
04-13-2008, 06:49 PM
You know, the more I think about Christina...the more I worry about her child. The fact she contemplated suicide in January is troubling on this front. If LE is pretending to support her, does this place the child in unneccessary danger as things unfold with Cesar?
It also said she didn't carry it out because of the child.

Tom'sGirl
04-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Christina has her parents & her sister to take care of her child. I do believe the suicide story is a ploy for sympathy.JMO!
I think her Journal was a 'drama' just as many entries done by those who keep them among the young.

At this time Brianna may in fact already be staying with her grandparents, the Shifflets.

SeriouslySearching
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I hope so, TG. With the whirlwind coming now that he has been captured, she needs to be in an environment without constant emotional upheaval.

If LE is flat wrong about Christina and she was involved...it would mean to me she had already killed a child tho no matter what the reasons behind it...I would still be concerned. Hypothetically, if Cesar did not kill Maria and would happen to turn on Christina, she might get the idea to punish him further by taking away his other child.

JDB
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
It is amazing how she has even hidden from the national media! However, I believe one or two of our WSers did find a couple of photos they believed to be her, but didn't post them because they were not confirmed to actually be Christina.

People all the time dissapear when working with the LE. have you ever heard of the Secret witness program? Where the take witnesses and move them so no one knows anything. Beside christina is following order of the USMC and the LE.

SeriouslySearching
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
People all the time dissapear when working with the LE. have you ever heard of the Secret witness program? Where the take witnesses and move them so no one knows anything. Beside christina is following order of the USMC and the LE.:confused: Of course, I have heard of the witness protection program. I don't know of anyone involved in that particular program being allowed to stay with their sister tho.

:confused: I guess I don't understand your post. I was merely saying that it is surprising that the national media hasn't landed a photo of her...which it is. I know she is an active Marine and I know she was told not to talk or involve herself with the media. However, it doesn't mean that the media could not dig up past photos or even set up outside her sister's home to get a shot.

Mygirlsadie
04-14-2008, 04:25 PM
The national media all had her photos but they blurred her face out. I don't understand why? They never offer anybody else that amount of privacy.

:confused: Of course, I have heard of the witness protection program. I don't know of anyone involved in that particular program being allowed to stay with their sister tho.

:confused: I guess I don't understand your post. I was merely saying that it is surprising that the national media hasn't landed a photo of her...which it is. I know she is an active Marine and I know she was told not to talk or involve herself with the media. However, it doesn't mean that the media could not dig up past photos or even set up outside her sister's home to get a shot.

panthera
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
The national media all had her photos but they blurred her face out. I don't understand why? They never offer anybody else that amount of privacy.
With so many thinking she is involved in Maria's death and/or cover up, I wouldn't be surprised if the media was told to blur her face by the MC or LE for her own protection maybe?

FlowerGirl
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I found some pictures posted on another discussion board.....

There are two that are of Christina's sister and brother in law and one of Ceasar and a little girl.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1952108/posts?q=1&;page=1451

I am not sure what page these were on but if you scan through there you can maybe find some more pics that you have not seen. I think the one of ceasar is under 1701-1750 and the ones of her sister and brother in law are under 1751-1800

Maybe someone can figure out how to post them on here. :)

FlowerGirl

Mygirlsadie
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Probably because there are alot of people who would of harassed her or possibly harmed her. She is getting the privacy/protection that Maria deserved.

With so many thinking she is involved in Maria's death and/or cover up, I wouldn't be surprised if the media was told to blur her face by the MC or LE for her own protection maybe?

FlowerGirl
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Has anyone else seen this article written in February entitiled
"Christina Laurean--Faceless Victim or Hidden Accomplice?"

Her is the link...

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/51303

FlowerGirl

panthera
04-14-2008, 05:23 PM

There are two that are of Christina's sister and brother in law and one of Ceasar and a little girl.

I am not sure what page these were on but if you scan through there you can maybe find some more pics that you have not seen. I think the one of ceasar is under 1701-1750 and the ones of her sister and brother in law are under 1751-1800

FlowerGirl
Thanks! I also saw on post #1693 there's a picture of the back end of Maria's car with some red stain on it that looks like paint had dripped off the back? What is it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Wendy/0112081051_M_5.jpg

Mygirlsadie
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it was reported that it was the fingerprint dust? Something like that....

Thanks! I also saw on post #1693 there's a picture of the back end of Maria's car with some red stain on it that looks like paint had dripped off the back? What is it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Wendy/0112081051_M_5.jpg

panthera
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I think it was reported that it was the fingerprint dust? Something like that....
Thanks so much ~ I couldn't figure it out and it looks like liquid in the photo. :)

KR2tonenow
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Probably because there are alot of people who would of harassed her or possibly harmed her. She is getting the privacy/protection that Maria deserved.

go figure:rolleyes:

JDB
04-14-2008, 10:43 PM

Thank you!!!!!It is called protecting the innocent.

Tom'sGirl
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM

FlowerGirl
I have a few photos I obtained, but will not post them unless she/her sister is offically charged in this case.

SeriouslySearching
04-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks for posting the links to that site, Flower. I guess we shouldn't post Christina's pic here yet...However, I think it is fine to post to another site. Altho...the only photo I found of her there had her face blotted out, too. (I think those are the same pics you have, TG. Right?)

Tom'sGirl
04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for posting the links to that site, Flower. I guess we shouldn't post Christina's pic here yet...However, I think it is fine to post to another site. Altho...the only photo I found of her there had her face blotted out, too. (I think those are the same pics you have, TG. Right?)
I think FlowerGirl was referring to Christina's sister, and yes I have some photos of her (not mentioning her name even though many know it)

SeriouslySearching
04-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I know that some people have already made up their mind about her involvement and are very passionate about her guilt. My intent is not to change your minds or to be her PR man. I try to respond to questions. Our press conference last week was about relaying the news that Cesar was caught, and answering questions that were being asked of us by the press. One member of the local press even went to the Magistrate’s Office right before the Press Conference to see if there were warrants on Christina that were about to be announced. I understand that people have their own opinions and I respect that. We can’t come out and lay all of our cards on the table in an attempt to exonerate anyone if it would jeopardize the criminal trial. I have repeatedly said that if anyone came forward with new information tomorrow that could be corroborated and changed the facts as we know them, we would act on that info. There is NO ONE in this case that we have to protect or that we would not charge for fear of damaging our case. Nor do we have to “prop up” anyone in preparation for their testimony in court. We are acting with the evidence and probable cause that we have available to us.

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=66#comment-776

oceanblueeyes
04-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes.

"But Christina Laurean is not a suspect in Lauterbach's homicide and has been prevented from coming forward to speak to the media by the Marine Corps, said her attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Christopher Welch.

"Lance Cpl. Christina Laurean was advised not to discuss circumstances of the case with anyone other than law enforcement officials," said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force, to which both Laureans and Lauterbach were assigned."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/happen_56005___article.html/coordinated_effort.html

You know it is so darn obvious to me that each time LE speaks they are so very specific and even her own lawyer too.....""But Christina Laurean is not a suspect in Lauterbach's homicide..." and Hudson and the rest of OCSD say the same thing. "we believe she had no involvement in the homicide" (paraphrasing) They do not venture beyond that point and deny her possible involvement in the clean up and cover up.

imoo

oceanblueeyes
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I know that some people have already made up their mind about her involvement and are very passionate about her guilt. My intent is not to change your minds or to be her PR man. I try to respond to questions. Our press conference last week was about relaying the news that Cesar was caught, and answering questions that were being asked of us by the press. One member of the local press even went to the Magistrate’s Office right before the Press Conference to see if there were warrants on Christina that were about to be announced. I understand that people have their own opinions and I respect that. We can’t come out and lay all of our cards on the table in an attempt to exonerate anyone if it would jeopardize the criminal trial. I have repeatedly said that if anyone came forward with new information tomorrow that could be corroborated and changed the facts as we know them, we would act on that info. There is NO ONE in this case that we have to protect or that we would not charge for fear of damaging our case. Nor do we have to “prop up” anyone in preparation for their testimony in court. We are acting with the evidence and probable cause that we have available to us.

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/?p=66#comment-776

Every time I hear him saying something like this " I have repeatedly said that if anyone came forward with new information tomorrow that could be corroborated and changed the facts as we know them, we would act on that info." it makes me think he is thinking of Cesar Laurean. I have always felt that OCSD really wants to talk to him very badly.

imoo

SeriouslySearching
04-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I have no doubt about them wanting to talk to Cesar and to hear his side of the story. However, with the lawyers in place...not much chance of them scoring that interview.

Tom'sGirl
04-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I have no doubt about them wanting to talk to Cesar and to hear his side of the story. However, with the lawyers in place...not much chance of them scoring that interview.
I agree with you SS.

oceanblueeyes
04-22-2008, 09:30 PM

How correct you are SS and they certainly know that yet I sense this time they really do hope he talks even if his lawyer is by his side. Just a feeling I have had from the get go and yes, it is somewhat strange imo.

imoo

panthera
04-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Every time I hear him saying something like this " I have repeatedly said that if anyone came forward with new information tomorrow that could be corroborated and changed the facts as we know them, we would act on that info." it makes me think he is thinking of Cesar Laurean. I have always felt that OCSD really wants to talk to him very badly.

imoo
I agree they want to talk with him, but the big question is if they have everything they need to convict him of the charges (especially murder), why? And without a "deal" why would he talk?

Tom'sGirl
04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
I agree they want to talk with him, but the big question is if they have everything they need to convict him of the charges (especially murder), why? And without a "deal" why would he talk?
Do we know they have everything the need to convict him, IMO they don't until they get his side of the story and can verify what really happened that fateful day.

Littledeer
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
IMO, there are some unanswered questions that the LE don't have the answers to. I think they want CL back as fast as they can get him to ask those questions.

I'm not sure that they will get them, but even if they get one or two, IMO, it might change what they have so far.

I think the LE, are sure that Christina has told them the truth so far...but, I think there are some lingering doubts amongst some of them.....

That is why, IMO, they want to question CL to make sure that the charges they bring to the Prosecutor's Office can be presented to a jury with the knowledge that they have enough evidence to convince the Jury that CL is guilty of at least murdering Maria (or being involved in a cover up.)

And there's the rub...............I keep hearing and seeing from the LE that Christina is "innocent"..............

That is why it is so important to get CL back and let him "talk".

oceanblueeyes
04-23-2008, 10:40 AM
IMO, there are some unanswered questions that the LE don't have the answers to. I think they want CL back as fast as they can get him to ask those questions.

I'm not sure that they will get them, but even if they get one or two, IMO, it might change what they have so far.

I think the LE, are sure that Christina has told them the truth so far...but, I think there are some lingering doubts amongst some of them.....

That is why, IMO, they want to question CL to make sure that the charges they bring to the Prosecutor's Office can be presented to a jury with the knowledge that they have enough evidence to convince the Jury that CL is guilty of at least murdering Maria (or being involved in a cover up.)

And there's the rub...............I keep hearing and seeing from the LE that Christina is "innocent"..............

That is why it is so important to get CL back and let him "talk".

Well they let her think they trusted her but did not and she found that out when they raided her sister's home.

I agree with you, Littledeer. I am convinced they have lingering questions, doubts and they are not uncovering the answers. They want to know his timeline that day imo. One imo is when Maria was actually there the second time and how long it took him to do all the things he would have had to do and be sitting there smug as a bug in a rug when Christina walked through that door. I think they too question how he could have achieved all of those things in the very tight timeline they have. Now if she was there or walked into find this and helped him to cover up and clean up it means he had all the time in the world to accomplish what he had to do.

I remember DA Hudson said "some things in this case do not add up" and I believe he was and still is wrestling with the timeline perimeters they have to work with.

imoo

Tom'sGirl
06-08-2008, 07:28 PM
For sure, what Christina looks like, I wonder if we may be getting some information from those NOT in the Military that know her?

From reading over at OTC it appears NO ONE who attended the Bonfire/Barbeque has EVER come forward, at least not to the Media. They may however have done so to the Marine authorities.

I don't think Christina looks anything like Maria and I think that photo released via Dateline was probably an old one. The only thing alike in their photos is the middle part in their hair.

oceanblueeyes
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
For sure, what Christina looks like, I wonder if we may be getting some information from those NOT in the Military that know her?

From reading over at OTC it appears NO ONE who attended the Bonfire/Barbeque has EVER come forward, at least not to the Media. They may however have done so to the Marine authorities.

I don't think Christina looks anything like Maria and I think that photo released via Dateline was probably an old one. The only thing alike in their photos is the middle part in their hair.

Since Christina was a reservist when this happened I would think she is known both in and out of the Corps. Personally I think there are some people that know a lot about her. Things she may not want known. Like how she may have talked about Maria and if she made statements like "I wish she was dead" or whatever.

We can better believe that McNeil is going to be nosing around to find out.

imoo

LaLaw2000
09-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I wonder how long it will take Christina to go see Cesar now that he will be coming back to N.C.?

I woke up this morning and read the news about the forthcoming extradition on Fox! I couldn't believe it! I have wanted this for so long! I have read it may be one week or maybe October.

jevipo74
07-17-2012, 01:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256830107676701.81569.185791361447243&type=1

For all of you that wanted to know what Christina looks like. The pictures are on the Facebook page of Bella Journee Photography. They are pictures from when Christina got remarried.

Gypsy Road
06-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Another case made me remember this one, so I pulled up this old thread and skimmed through it. I see Christina has moved on with her life - divorcing Cesar and remarrying. Pictures of her during the case were very scarce and I always wondered what she looked like - so thanks jeviop74 for linking the above wedding photos. I still think she had some involvement with Maria's death - or at least she knew about it even though she was never charged.

May Maria and her baby son rest peacefully in Heaven.