PDA

View Full Version : Defense Attorney For Christina Laurean

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Since this Attorney has now made a move to begin defending his client, Christina Laurean. We need to keep tabs on what he is doing to insert himself and her into this case. If Christina were ONLY a key witness, this would not have come up, imo.

It would have been Cesar's Defense Attorney's job to bring this to light.

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
The Daily News requested a similar tour of the crime scene with investigators that was deferred Tuesday by the Sheriff’s Department. When approached again Thursday by The Daily News for a tour, representatives with the Sheriff’s Department said they had been contacted by Christina Laurean’s attorney and asked not to go onto the Laurean property again without consent or a search warrant.

Jacksonville attorney Christopher Welch, who represents Christina Laurean, said he did not want to talk about particulars, but he did not think the Sheriff’s Department belonged on the Laureans’ property without a search warrant.

Christina Laurean’s attorney told the Sheriff’s Department that any consent given by Christina Laurean to search the property around the time Lauterbach’s body was found had lapsed, and authorities would need a search warrant to enter the property again, said Capt. Rick Sutherland.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_5...auterbach.html

Seven
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
[quote=SeriouslySearching;1940291]
Jacksonville attorney Christopher Welch, who represents Christina Laurean, said he did not want to talk about particulars, but he did not think the Sheriff’s Department belonged on the Laureans’ property without a search warrant.

~~~~~~~~~~

I've really never heard of this before .... The owner of a crime scene being able to prevent LE from entering it w/out a SW? Shouldn't it be LE that releases the crime scene at their convenience?

If 1/11 is the first day LE arrived, then it's been 2 weeks as of today ..... Is that usual?

Are xtina's family members allowed to go in there and clean up? :waitasec:

btw ... The link is "404 Not Found"

panglossian
01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
The link doesn't work for me, either.

ipswitch
01-25-2008, 09:56 PM
try this link

http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_54622___article.html/christina_lauterbach.html

Mygirlsadie
01-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Oh is Christina getting defensive now? haha... her time is coming!

Ticamom
01-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Oh is Christina getting defensive now? haha... her time is coming!

And we canīt wait til that happens !

WE want justice for Maria and her baby.

golfmom
01-26-2008, 07:10 AM
From the link:

Investigators released photographs Monday that they say show an attempt by Cesar Laurean to cover up blood stains in the garage with brown paint. Surveillance footage shows Cesar Laurean buying paint and other supplies Dec. 16 — two days after they say Lauterbach was killed.

Neighbors have told The Daily News that Christina Laurean helped paint the living room of the house in late December and told them the couple planned to paint the garage next.

golfmom
01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
http://www.thewelchlawoffice.com/AttorneyProfile.html

I focus my practice completely on criminal defense; I do not practice any other type of law. This means that, whether you have a minor traffic violation, DWI charge, or a more serious criminal case, my office is committed to providing you with the strongest and most knowledgeable defense possible. From the beginning of your initial consultation to the final disposition of your case, you can expect personal attention and quality representation from a firm dedicated to successfully resolving your situation.

Mygirlsadie
01-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Let's not forget Christina's grandfather had his own law firm so I am sure she grew up around 'law talk' etc.. She knows/knew exactly what to say and what not to say! She probably knows a heck of alot more about the law then we do and the whole mexico no DP rule..I am sure she knew that off the top of her head. Someone from her side or POS side has some money because these folks have all kinds of lawyers all over the place it seems like. I think for the rape claim alone he had 3 lawyers.. ( guilty much?!?! )

DEPUTYDAWG
01-26-2008, 09:07 AM
[quote=SeriouslySearching;1940291]

~~~~~~~~~~

I've really never heard of this before .... The owner of a crime scene being able to prevent LE from entering it w/out a SW? Shouldn't it be LE that releases the crime scene at their convenience?

If 1/11 is the first day LE arrived, then it's been 2 weeks as of today ..... Is that usual?
Are xtina's family members allowed to go in there and clean up? :waitasec:

btw ... The link is "404 Not Found"

Good morning Seven,

Once the scene is released by LE, that's exactly what they've done. They have released it back to the owner. After that, LE has no legal right to go search the property without consent or a S/W. (And in answer to your question, "most" felony crime scenes are usually released after 1-2 days.)

To others,

What the defense attorney said is absolutely correct and proper. Most people, having a family member as a suspect in any felony crime would not just let any LE access the property any time they want without consent or a S/W. We don't even know at the time Greta and the SO accessed her home, was Christina or a family member there? How did they get in? Did they have verbal approval? We just don't know...but from what has apparently transpired after the fact, it appears consent wasn't granted by Christina.

JMO