PDA

View Full Version : Human Remains/Blue Barrel

Pages : [1] 2

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Reported today - found on the SW side of Chicago near the shipping canal. A blue container with human remains found near the container.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5914962

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Reported today - found on the SW side of Chicago near the shipping canal. A blue container with human remains found near the container.

Possible body parts in icy water and snow would decay slowly. Stated that this area in Chicago is near Bollingbrook.

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Possible body parts in icy water and snow would decay slowly. Stated that this area in Chicago is near Bollingbrook.

Looks to be within 25 miles or less.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
The article said this was reported by Lyon police. Lyon is about 30 miles away, with a major highway or two connecting them....

This could be feasible.

Thanks, RC. :blowkiss:

Correction: The inspector worked for Lyon. The area is apparently in Chicago, not Lyon.

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Looks to be within 25 miles or less.

Yep...cross our fingers. Poor Stacey.

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
The article said this was reported by Lyon police. Lyon is about 30 miles away, with a major highway or two connecting them....

This could be feasible.

Thanks, RC. :blowkiss:

No problem - hope you are wll sweetie :blowkiss:

mysteriew
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
The wording is pretty vague. I wonder if it was found in the field or at water's edge? I wonder if the area had flooded at some point since Oct?

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Greta is following it - for some reason she is getting info that indicates it is probably not Stacy:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/25/they-do-not-think-it-is-stacy-petersons-body/

pamlet
01-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Apparently the remains were found by a Lyon's environmental inspector - but in Chicago - looked on a map ... it's just east of Pulaski - and north of I-55. It's right along the river ...

Of course Bolingbrook is a straight shot up I-55... (I-55 is also known as the Stevenson)

Taximom
01-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I hope all is well with you too, RC! :blowkiss: Seems we both like waiting around for justice to be served in certain cases. :mad:

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Greta is following it - for some reason she is getting info that indicates it is probably not Stacy:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/25/they-do-not-think-it-is-stacy-petersons-body/
Thanks raisincharlie :) Nancy's show is on now and she's going to cover the finding also. Somehow I trust Greta's reporting more though!

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Wasn't this area searched near the ship canal? :confused:

MagicRose99
01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
What are the odds that another woman's remains are in a blue barrel? Did someone get the idea from good ol' Drew? Sad to think that there is someone else like this out there...

MysteryAddict
01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
How could they even guess one way or the other at this point whether it is Stacy or not?

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:18 PM
What are the odds that another woman's remains are in a blue barrel? Did someone get the idea from good ol' Drew? Sad to think that there is someone else like this out there...
Nancy's saying the remains are near a blue barrel, frozen in the ice. I wonder what information Greta has? Brodsky's on Nancy's show now via phone absolutely stating that this isn't Stacy. :rolleyes:

ttrachel04
01-25-2008, 08:18 PM
i saw the breaking news that human remains were found ... once i saw that they were a blue barrel, i thought immediately of stacy. and came here wondering if i was the only one who did.

i still pray that she's alive, even though chances are obviously slim to none.

whomever was found, may he/she rest in peace.

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
How could they even guess one way or the other at this point whether it is Stacy or not?

If female it could also potentially be Lisa Stebic if one thinks about it.

mysteriew
01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I agree MA. It is too early to tell. I guess bone wise, they might make a guess if it is male or female, but it is really too early to say. And LE wouldn't say this early anyway, even if they were guessing. Even skin color would be hard to determine for sure on a dismembered body part- no matter how recent it had been.

The body part may not have been dismembered, it could have actually broken while in the water if dragged or pushed against debris.

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
If a body is frozen in the ice, don't they remove the ice and the body together when transporting the remains back for autopsy? Just curious!

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:22 PM
I thought of Lisa too. :(

JDB
01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
The sad part is from what I heard they only found a couple of bones. So no cause of death will be determined.

RC you are right it could be Lisa also.

ttrachel04
01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
yes i thought of Lisa as well ... really, when it comes down to it, there are many many people it could be. Sadly, it's very rare that a missing person gets publicity.

I thought of Stacy right away because I seem to remember a big to-do about a witness seeing Drew Peterson and a friends carrying a big blue barrel on/shortly after the day she disappeared.

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I just hope this find conclusively solves one of these missing persons cases. Sadly, I hope it's Stacy just to bring this to closure and finally arrest her murderous husband. Nancy's guest is saying it should just take a few days to determine identity of the body.

mysteriew
01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't know about Lisa. Of course it would depend on the degree of decomp, but Lisa went missing during a warmer part of the year. If in a barrel even in the water wouldn't her body have decomposed faster and left only bones? From what they said in the article, they aren't describing it as bones, they are saying it is a foot and leg.

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Didn't his cousin or someone say he helped Drew carry a blue barrel to his car and it felt warm to the touch? Then he attempted suicide out of the guilt of assisting what he believed to be disposing of Stacy's body?

panthera
01-25-2008, 08:29 PM
I thought of Stacy right away because I seem to remember a big to-do about a witness seeing Drew Peterson and a friends carrying a big blue barrel on/shortly after the day she disappeared.
If this isn't Stacy, what a coincidence!

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
On Nancy's show, Drew's (a-hole) attorney is saying definitively "this is not Stacy" and still blah blahing about Stacy having run off w/ another man. Ooohhh, Nancy is nailing him asking if they believe Stacy's alive, then why haven't they filed for child support. Bingo! His atty sounds like an inarticulate dope.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 08:34 PM
On Nancy's show, Drew's (a-hole) attorney is saying definitively "this is not Stacy" and still blah blahing about Stacy having run off w/ another man. Ooohhh, Nancy is nailing him asking if they believe Stacy's alive, then why haven't they filed for child support. Bingo! His atty sounds like an inarticulate dope.

SOUNDS LIKE?! How about: IS.

mysteriew
LOL, Nancy made a good point. Why hasn't he filed for divorce and for child support. He would be able to claim it for all 4 kids.

katiecoolady
SOUNDS LIKE?! How about: IS.

Touche!

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
LOL, Nancy made a good point. Why hasn't he filed for divorce and for child support. He would be able to claim it for all 4 kids.

She was loaded and at the ready w/ that question...chaching! He didn't see it coming. IDIOT!

mysteriew
01-25-2008, 08:44 PM
What did he say in reply?

Leila
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm just now getting online after running some errands. I was so surprised to see this! Before I left, there was a brief blurb on tv about DP walking out on an interview.........then to come home to read this!

I checked out Gretawire, and they seem to think the remains might be a child, and that's why it's not thought to be Stacy. But Stacy was small, so her remains might appear more child-like.

chicoliving
01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
The body was possibly that of a child, but the remains were badly decomposed and no determination had been made on the sex or identity of the victim.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-remains_webjan26,0,6986074.story

mysteriew
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Now how could he know this???? Let's go with their theory that Stacy ran off with another man. How does he know what happened to her from that point? Unless he knows what happened to Stacy and where she is, he cannot say it definitively.

CW
01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Reporting now on CNN LKL saying it's a woman with redish blonde hair.

kathyn2
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Which lady has reddish blond hair??? neither of them do they? It does seem to be a woman. Larry King is doing a story right now. Talking about the blue barrel.

philamena
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
hummm must be child sized bones. :(
How sad. Have any children been reported in Chicago in the past months?

Well good lord, is it a child or a woman with reddish brown hair?
Keep your fingers crossed folks;
posDP pack your bags.

Leila
01-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Now how could he know this???? Let's go with their theory that Stacy ran off with another man. How does he know what happened to her from that point? Unless he knows what happened to Stacy and where she is, he cannot say it definitively.

Good point! It's very likely that Brodsky knows Stacy is dead, and he may even know where here body is, or at least where it isn't. For him to say, "This isn't Stacy", means he knows more.

CW
01-25-2008, 09:06 PM
The remains that were found today.

Leila
01-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Which lady has reddish blond hair??? neither of them do they? It does seem to be a woman. Larry King is doing a story right now. Talking about the blue barrel.

Stacy's hair, from all the pictures that have been posted, seemed to change. In some pictures it looks dark, and in others it's definitely blond or reddish blond.

philamena
01-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks Windy,
I'm trying to watch both cable channels.
One reported that the remains were a skeleton of a foot and leg.

Leila
01-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Is there anyone here that's from the Chicago area that can tell us if there's been any flooding of the Chicago River? I'm wondering if this body/barrel was in the river but washed onto land with the river overflowing it's banks?

kathyn2
01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I feel it may very well be Stacy after looking at pictures of her plus the blue barrel thing. I don't know why Greta would be so sure it isn't her. I wonder what other info there is at the scene that discounts its her?

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Stacy's hair, from all the pictures that have been posted, seemed to change. In some pictures it looks dark, and in others it's definitely blond or reddish blond.

Right, she has been shown having blond/reddish hair in one photo.

SeriouslySearching
It certainly is coincidental that remains would be found in or near a blue trash can or barrel, isn't it? While it might not be Stacy, it does mean that another family can possibly know what happened to their loved one.

Good question, Leila. I find it so strange it was found in the kind of weather they are having there now and not before. Have they said who found it?

capps
Was just listening to LKL ... didn't he say it was near railroad tracks? Stacy's uncle was speaking on the phone,he can't believe that Drew's lawyer is saying it's not Stacy.Unbelievable!

j2mirish
Is there anyone here that's from the Chicago area that can tell us if there's been any flooding of the Chicago River? I'm wondering if this body/barrel was in the river but washed onto land with the river overflowing it's banks?
I was wondering the same thing-

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 09:16 PM

leave it to you rc for the breaking news ! :blowkiss: long time no c-
hope all is well

Smugshots
01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Where is the location the remains were found in reference to the location Sandra Belanger was indicating in Dresdon? I just read on her site today a post about the bells being heard coming from a railroad and the remains found today were near a railroad.

capps
01-25-2008, 09:24 PM

That's what I always thought too mysteriew,even if they thought he ran off with someone,how can they be so confident that nothing has happened to her.Everyone can see right through Drew.

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
This is who came to mind. I hope that it is Lisa or Stacy.

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 09:27 PM
It certainly is coincidental that remains would be found in or near a blue trash can or barrel, isn't it? While it might not be Stacy, it does mean that another family can possibly know what happened to their loved one.

Good question, Leila. I find it so strange it was found in the kind of weather they are having there now and not before. Have they said who found it?

Hmmm...yes they did. Some kind of worker? Forgot what they were doing..sorry!

chiperoni
01-25-2008, 09:29 PM
leave it to you rc for the breaking news ! :blowkiss: long time no c-
hope all is well

TNX for the link. If the body is in parts does that mean it's in parts due to normal decay or does it mean what I think it could mean? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.:mad:

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
If you go to Google maps and look at the area where this was found, it could have gone from the shipping canal and washed into the river area that seemingly dead ends there near West 34th street. So it not out of the realm of possibilities of it being Stacy, imo. It is only 25 miles from Bolingbrook.

nanandjim
01-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Where is the location the remains were found in reference to the location Sandra Belanger was indicating in Dresdon? I just read on her site today a post about the bells being heard coming from a railroad and the remains found today were near a railroad.
I must admit that my first thought went to Sandra's findings. :o

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 09:38 PM
If you go to Google maps and look at the area where this was found, it could have gone from the shipping canal and washed into the river area that seemingly dead ends there near West 34th street. So it not out of the realm of possibilities of it being Stacy, imo. It is only 25 miles from Bolingbrook.

Being placed in a shipping channel and washing up sure sounds alot like another murdered wife Peterson. :(

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Being placed in a shipping channel and washing up sure sounds alot like another murdered wife Peterson. :(
that- it does :mad:

kathyn2
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Anderson Cooper doing a show on this and I bet Greta too... Who to watch??

curiositycat
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I don't think it's Lisa, she has dark brown hair if I remember right. It might be Stacy though. I sure hope so. Listening to DP today on Fox regarding the fact that he tells his younger children, "Mommy is on vacation". I have never disliked any of the "wife killers" as much as I do him! I pray this is a break in the case!!

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 09:47 PM
It is about 50 miles from where Dresden is located.

Rum Tum Tugger
01-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Conflicting reports on the remains found ...

1. Partial remains - foot & leg

2. Skeletal remains

3. Possibly the remains of a child

4. Remains has red-ish or red-ish blonde hair

5. From a comment on Gretawire .. that Greta did not feel this was Stacy because the remains were reported "supposedly by authorities" at the scene to be either "hispanic or african-american".

So - here we go again ...

Waiting to hear Greta's show ..

Rum Tum

SeriouslySearching
01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes, Lisa Stebic seems to have some Native American in her with her dark hair. At least, it is what I am reminded of in her photos.

I am sure it wouldn't be Lisa.

panthera
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Anderson Cooper doing a show on this and I bet Greta too... Who to watch??
I'll watch Greta since she doesn't seem to think this is Stacy ~ I'd like to know why! :)

Taximom
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Hmm, doesn't skin discolor after you are dead? I could understand stating someone's leg or foot might be african-american, but hispanic? That could be caucasian with a tan.

I guess we'll have to wait to hear good facts from LE as it sounds pretty darn confusing right now.

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm very curious about that "blue barrel".

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm very curious about that "blue barrel".
me too--- what are the odds? I mean really?

richandfamous
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I think WS is going to go down again...it's moving real slow.

here's the chat link http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html
put your nickname is the little box and put "websleuths" in the channel box

curiositycat
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes, Lisa Stebic seems to have some Native American in her with her dark hair. At least, it is what I am reminded of in her photos.

I am sure it wouldn't be Lisa.

True, but in all the pictures her skin looks fair.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 10:03 PM
They are saying her breast implants could help identify her, if there are any and if this is her.

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Anderson Cooper reporting....Human remains found near railroad tracks,
frozen to the ground.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Baden saying they'll know gender, age, race and sex by tomorrow. Dentals and DNA would be next.

Greta being flagged off that it's not Stacey.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Bet Drew never thought about her implants helping to ID her if she's ever found.

chiperoni
01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
He sure let us all know he PAID for them. Poor Stacy. What a price she paid.

Taximom
01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Greta has been talking about Heath Ledger for about 5 minutes now....

I wonder if she'll cover that mysteriously missing college student - Brianna - tonight? That is the most bizarre case.

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Nancy also covered an African American military woman who's also missing but I think that's much more recent than could match with these remains. Sorry, but didn't catch her name.

panthera
01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Nancy also covered an African American military woman who's also missing but I think that's much more recent than could match with these remains. Sorry, but didn't catch her name.
I saw that also but unfortunately didn't catch her name either. If these remains are frozen into the ground it would seem they've been there a while. I found Dr. Baden's comments rather ironic as to the implants ~ that is one thing DP probably forgot about that they have an ID number! :)

BritDees
01-25-2008, 10:22 PM
lol Panthera, wouldn't that be the kicker.. he pays for the breast implants, and that is what identifies her when they find her!

panthera
01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
lol Panthera, wouldn't that be the kicker.. he pays for the breast implants, and that is what identifies her when they find her!
I'd find it hilarious! :D I wonder if he's paying attention to the news tonight and heard Dr. Baden??!!

curiositycat
01-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I never thought of that either! I bet he thought he knew it all until Baden said that!! LOL

cricket
reporter on Anderson Cooper is reporting that they have confirmation that the body is a woman, not a child.

kathyn2
Anderson Cooper show now reporting it is definitely the remains of a woman but that is all the news. The color of remains when they decompose turn black so I don't know how the color they see would explain the ethnicity of this body.

chicoliving
~snip~

Chicago police Sergeant Eugene Mullins says the remains appear to be those of a white female.

curiositycat
01-25-2008, 10:34 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! It could be her then! The hair color sounds like what we have heard.

ThoughtFox
01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
omg - I am on the edge of my chair wondering which woman this is - Lisa Stebic or Stacy Peterson?

Or someone else? :eek:

Whoever it is, God Rest Her Soul.

chicoliving
01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
The remains of the woman found on Chicago's southwest side near an overturned blue barrel is not Stacy Peterson, an official said.

The remains of the woman do not match the "profile" of Stacy Peterson, the official said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/760337,JO26_BODYFOUND_WEB.article

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
I just hate all the different stories-
is it a body, or a foot, leg, or skeleton/bones ? where or what was the hair found on? :behindbar dang it--- what or who to believe -:waitasec:

gardenmom
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
The remains of the woman found on Chicago's southwest side near an overturned blue barrel is not Stacy Peterson, an official said.

The remains of the woman do not match the "profile" of Stacy Peterson, the official said.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/760337,JO26_BODYFOUND_WEB.article

So, maybe no implants, which could be why they say no. What if hubby was smarter than we think and removed them before he dumped her.

cricket
01-25-2008, 10:48 PM

It's hard to know what to think. The only source for that article is an anonymous "official" - that's it.

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 10:49 PM

making me crazy ! what exactly have they found, that allows him to rule out Stacy?

Sedona
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
making me crazy ! what exactly have they found, that allows him to rule out Stacy?

Right, sounds like the body is in pieces anyway and the official isn't even named. If they thought it was, do you think they'd say so? Think about it, they wouldn't want the media attention just yet.

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
So, maybe no implants, which could be why they say no. What if hubby was smarter than we think and removed them before he dumped her.
can they say no implants from where the remains have been found? just asking gm- good thought you have here-

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 10:51 PM
"City of Lyons inspector" is who found the remains.

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Right, sounds like the body is in pieces anyway and the official isn't even named. If they thought it was, do you think they'd say so? Think about it, they wouldn't want the media attention just yet.
or the husband to know right now-

ThoughtFox
01-25-2008, 10:53 PM
omg - I am on the edge of my chair wondering which woman this is - Lisa Stebic or Stacy Peterson?

Or someone else? :eek:

Whoever it is, God Rest Her Soul.

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 10:55 PM

j2mirish - hello first! :)

Read Greta's comment at 1036 pm this evening - she explains that officials do not believe it is Stacy but cannot confirm that 100% so she has backed off the story for now. Check this link at 1036

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Police say a land surveyor working on the city's Southwest Side has discovered human remains frozen to the ground in a field about 100 feet from a set of train tracks.

Chicago police Sgt Eugene Mullins says the remains found Friday afternoon were badly decomposed, but appear to be those of a white female.

The Cook County medical examiner's office says it plans an autopsy on the remains Saturday.

Authorities say the body was found just south of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/human.remains.found.2.638367.html

chicoliving
01-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Police discovered a decomposed body Friday in southwest Chicago -- a find that sparked unsubstantiated speculation it could be related to the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

The body appears to be that of a female with reddish-blonde hair, a Chicago Police Department spokesman said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/25/body.found/index.html

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Would Stacy's hair be described as reddish blond?

raisincharlie
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Police discovered a decomposed body Friday in southwest Chicago -- a find that sparked unsubstantiated speculation it could be related to the disappearance of Stacy Peterson.

The body appears to be that of a female with reddish-blonde hair, a Chicago Police Department spokesman said.

I sure wonder if Mr. Brodsky's assertion and guarantee that this body is not Stacy's is because he knows where her body was placed - otherwise I see no way for him to make this guarantee. Interesting that he is following it as closely as we are though....:crazy:

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:07 PM
The body of a woman was found near the Sanitary and Ship Canal on Chicago’s southwest side Friday evening. Darian Trotter reports from 34th and Kedzie on efforts to identify the remains. (video at link)

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=5592130&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
I sure wonder if Mr. Brodsky's assertion and guarantee that this body is not Stacy's is because he knows where her body was placed - otherwise I see no way for him to make this guarantee. Interesting that he is following it as closely as we are though....:crazy:
I thought his GUARANTEE was way out of line too- interesting :waitasec:

Sedona
If he used any chemical on her to quickly decompose her, her hair would bleach out and turn a reddish blond and it was originally suspected he used chemicals.

We will just have to wait and see but I wouldn't dismiss it not being Stacey until the body has a name.

katiecoolady

I had that exact same thought. That he knows exactly where she is. And for him to try and sell the preposterous story, as an afterthought, that she ran away with another man (while making no contact w/ her family, esp. her CHILDREN) is an insult to anyone listening's intelligence..not to mention his own (assuming he has any).

chicoliving

Yep, I thought it a strange thing to say. Gotta keep it all about Drew lol

ocean
01-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow....what news this is.....

Tom'sGirl
01-25-2008, 11:18 PM
j2mirish - hello first! :)

Read Greta's comment at 1036 pm this evening - she explains that officials do not believe it is Stacy but cannot confirm that 100% so she has backed off the story for now. Check this link at 1036

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/25/friday-night-show-comments-post-here-3/all-comments/#comment-387744

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Report: Body parts found near blue garbage can
Video at link
http://tinyurl.com/2u2usn

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Police say a land surveyor working on the city's Southwest Side has discovered human remains frozen to the ground in a field about 100 feet from a set of train tracks.

Chicago police Sgt Eugene Mullins says the remains found Friday afternoon were badly decomposed, but appear to be those of a white female.

The Cook County medical examiner's office says it plans an autopsy on the remains Saturday.

Authorities say the body was found just south of the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/human.remains.found.2.638367.html

>snip
Unconfirmed reports said the remains were found near a blue barrel in a field near the Chicago River. Mullins said when Chicago Police arrived there was no blue barrel on or near the scene where the remains were found >snip

:rolleyes: so where did the blue barrel image come from??

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 11:26 PM
http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01/25/friday-night-show-comments-post-here-3/all-comments/#comment-387744
thanks TG-

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
>snip
Unconfirmed reports said the remains were found near a blue barrel in a field near the Chicago River. Mullins said when Chicago Police arrived there was no blue barrel on or near the scene where the remains were found >snip

:rolleyes: so where did the blue barrel image come from??
have we seen the barrel, or just been told about it?

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
have we seen the barrel, or just been told about it?

my point:eek:

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not sure this is Stacy or not. But I would have to think that until they can remove the body, that they are going to discourage any thought that this is Stacy. Otherwise the crush of the media would be insane.

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure this is Stacy or not. But I would have to think that until they can remove the body, that they are going to discourage any thought that this is Stacy. Otherwise the crush of the media would be insane.

Agreed. We need to wait for the autopsy.

ocean
01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
I guess at this point the good thing is some one was found tonight......some one is coming home

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
A little more info on the blue "container". Here we go again, container, barrel, trash can.....

"It was fairly intact, and it was covered with snow. He didn't want to disturb it of course, so thats when he called 911," said Roy Witherow, Lyons Village Manager. "He stated about 25 feet from the body there was a blue plastic container of some sort that was mostly covered in snow."

kathyn2
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Greta has about 10 or more blog entries stating that her sources are telling her this is not Stacy Peterson. Another article said that the body doesnt' 'match her profile' whatever that means! I wonder why the authorities are almost positive it isn't her?? There must be something about the body that leads them to believe this. If not her, I wonder who it could be?

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
A little more info on the blue "container". Here we go again, container, barrel, trash can.....

"It was fairly intact, and it was covered with snow. He didn't want to disturb it of course, so thats when he called 911," said Roy Witherow, Lyons Village Manager. "He stated about 25 feet from the body there was a blue plastic container of some sort that was mostly covered in snow."

Okay, I read the article, but why are they stating this?

>snip
Chicago police did not find the blue garbage can, Bond said.

"CPD did not discover any blue container on the scene," she said.
>snip

to keep "things" under their belt?

katiecoolady
01-25-2008, 11:45 PM
On Nancy's show, they were showing blurry photos of some lightish blue cylindrical object in the snow while talking about the blue barrel. :confused:

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Greta has about 10 or more blog entries stating that her sources are telling her this is not Stacy Peterson. Another article said that the body doesnt' 'match her profile' whatever that means! I wonder why the authorities are almost positive it isn't her?? There must be something about the body that leads them to believe this. If not her, I wonder who it could be?

Greta seemed positive from the get go. There is one missing person case in Chicago of a white or hispanic, 17 year old girl, runaway, missing. See "The Un-identified" thread.

I am wondering if she could be the other possibility?

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Greta seemed positive from the get go. There is one missing person case in Chicago of a white or hispanic, 17 year old girl, runaway, missing. See "The Un-identified" thread.

I am wondering if she could be the other possibility?

Do you have a link? There are lots of threads over there.

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Aren't UID's usually people found dead and UID?

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 11:48 PM

thanks SuziQ

chiperoni
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM

Can anyone figure out why all the conflicting reports about a blue container? Either there is one or not on the scene. I can understand not jumping to any conclusions on the body until the autopsy, but not if there is or isn't a blue container. If there is one near the body parts it is a lot more suspicious. Is there any indication in a photograph of a blue container or did I miss that?

KR2tonenow
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Do you have a link? There are lots of threads over there.

I dont know I put it there.
Frozen remains found in Southwest Side lot;Chicago

TKS2003
01-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Did Stacy have any tattoos? Maybe that is where the "doesnt fit the profile" is coming from, maybe they could see that a body part on this body doesnt have a tat, IF she had one, I cant remember.....
this has to be just horrifying for Stacy's family, not to mention Lisa's too---and any other families of missing women in that area....
Too much dejavu ala Peterson, though I have to admit, DrewP has surpassed SnottP on my hate scale...never thought I would so much comtempt for a person I didnt know personally, but then Scott killed Laci and Connor, and I just HATED him, and now I hate Drew even more....

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:55 PM
The reporter in the ABC7 video I watched stated that investigators were seen hammering at something (concrete or ice?) Search is supended until morning. Scene is secured.

SuziQ
01-25-2008, 11:56 PM
TKS, Or her hair is very long or something.

j2mirish
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Did Stacy have any tattoos? Maybe that is where the "doesnt fit the profile" is coming from, maybe they could see that a body part on this body doesnt have a tat, IF she had one, I cant remember.....
this has to be just horrifying for Stacy's family, not to mention Lisa's too---and any other families of missing women in that area....
Too much dejavu ala Peterson, though I have to admit, DrewP has surpassed SnottP on my hate scale...never thought I would so much comtempt for a person I didnt know personally, but then Scott killed Laci and Connor, and I just HATED him, and now I hate Drew even more....
something so simple, could be the exact answer to the question, how they could say not her so fast-

robthomaseyes
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Why all the conflicting reports? The latest one I'm seeing says that investigators say it could be Stacy.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january252008/body_illinois_12508.php

KR2tonenow
01-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Why all the conflicting reports? The latest one I'm seeing says that investigators say it could be Stacy.

wow!:confused:

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM

To make an attempt to keep media away maybe. Interesting at the video I watched it sounds like the body is literally frozen in a block of ice, hence, the picks.

Elphaba
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM
The article even goes so far to say that the UID is a striking resemblance to Stacy.

Geez, reports are all over the place... :(

philamena
01-26-2008, 12:03 AM
WOW is right! LE better make sure posDP is watched for the next few hours.

(CHICAGO) - Investigators in Illinois say a decomposed body discovered near the Chicago River very well may be Stacy Peterson. They say the remains of a female with reddish blonde hair bears a striking resemblance to the missing woman who was last seen

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 12:03 AM
It may be possible that LE put out denials until they could make sure they "secured" DP by having people posted near his house to watch that he doesn't try leaving!

Leila
01-26-2008, 12:04 AM
One thing that keeps going through my mind is this.......if LE hasn't identified the body yet, but they think there's a possibility it IS Stacy, they don't want that fact reported until they've got all their ducks in a row. They won't make an official announcement until they know right where DP is, and maybe they'll even take him into custody before an official announcement is made.

KR2tonenow
01-26-2008, 12:05 AM
One thing that keeps going through my mind is this.......if LE hasn't identified the body yet, but they think there's a possibility it IS Stacy, they don't want that fact reported until they've got all their ducks in a row. They won't make an official announcement until they know right where DP is, and maybe they'll even take him into custody before an official announcement is made.

Right, make sure he is in plain site, so he doesn't panic. I'd hate it, if he hurt those kids:mad:

chiperoni
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM

That could be the explanation.

Taximom
It may be possible that LE put out denials until they could make sure they "secured" DP by having people posted near his house to watch that he doesn't try leaving!

That's exactly what I was thinking.

In a way, I hope it is her so LE can get the ball rolling and get DP behind the right kind of bars: prison.

bakerprune64
WOW is right! LE better make sure posDP is watched for the next few hours.

Speaking to Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News, Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said local authorities have already asked a state task force working on Stacy Peterson's disappearance not to get involved.
"I can tell you, it is not Stacy," Brodsky said. "I can guarantee you that."
Brodsky offered no proof of his assertion.

I am sure the ass is hoping it's not her.:furious:

Claycat
01-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Poor Stacy!

philamena
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM

bakerprune,
Oh don't we know. He is hoping and praying that his client is innocent. bahaaaaaaaa sorry but that thought cracks me up.

ThoughtFox
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I keep thinking that Greta is just playing along with Brodsky that it "couldn't possibly be" Stacy so he will keep lines of communication open with her. Because if it is her, he will have to clam up.

On the other hand, it could be Lisa Stebic!

katiecoolady
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Speaking to Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News, Drew Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, said local authorities have already asked a state task force working on Stacy Peterson's disappearance not to get involved.

How can he "guarantee" anything unless he knows *exactly* what happened to her and where she is. I hope nancy hammers him on this if he's stupid enough to appear on her show again. Keep blabbing Brodsky I say...

philamena
01-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Here's a link to a local news report. It shows the area where the body was found. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5914962

j2mirish
01-26-2008, 12:15 AM
I keep thinking that Greta is just playing along with Brodsky that it "couldn't possibly be" Stacy so he will keep lines of communication open with her. Because if it is her, he will have to clam up.

On the other hand, it could be Lisa Stebic!
I just hope it is one or the other- the blue barrel thing - if true- certainly pin points one over the other, but for the sake of both womans families, please let it be one of them-

katiecoolady
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
bakerprune,
Oh don't we know. He is hoping and praying that his client is innocent. bahaaaaaaaa sorry but that thought cracks me up.

Oh he's just hoping and praying he can milk Stacy's disappearance/death for all it's worth. Please excuse my jadedness..just seen too many of his kind.

ocean
01-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Oh he's just hoping and praying he can milk Stacy's disappearance/death for all it's worth. Please excuse my jadedness..just seen too many of his kind.

The truth is never Jaded!

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Lisa Stebic does not have light colored red or blonde hair. Please refer to the photos of Lisa here: http://www.findlisastebic.com/index/

There are very conflicting reports of this find. Some sound pretty definite they do think it is Stacy and yet others say it isn't. I don't believe it has anything to do with knowing where Drew is or keeping an eye on him for any reason. LE doesn't work that way...as we have witnessed many times in the past.

It may have to do with notification of the family and not giving false hope to them if this turns out not to be her. I would imagine they would want to be certain before they contacted them and would not want the press to be the ones to notify them instead.

Claycat
01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Here's a link to a local news report. It shows the area where the body was found. http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5914962

Thanks for the link! There's a good video there as well.

katiecoolady
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Stacy's hair looks pretty blond to me here:

http://media.komotv.com/images/071225_stacy_peterson.jpg

Was it this color upon her disappearance? I will also add she looks like a child w/ her father or even her grandfather. Pig.

ThoughtFox
I posted a bunch of links on the Media Thread, along with the Nancy Grace and Larry King Transcripts. Anderson Cooper's transcript isn't showing up yet.

SuziQ
I wonder if the media trucks are back in Drew's neighborhood setting up.

Anita Richman
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM

The same reason that his client, Drew "The Old Goat" Peterson has been smirking for 3 months. The blue barrel is his "red herring".

IMO, the investigators have been thrown off (purposely) by the Goat involving his mentally ill brother.:furious:

L L & S
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I wonder if the media trucks are back in Drew's neighborhood setting up.

I hate to see that ugly mug on tv, but knowing that the media in his yard irritates the snot out of him is good enough for me.

I hope he's not the only person there with those children. Especially if this turns out to be Stacy. God please watch over those babies.

S

kpass
01-26-2008, 12:33 AM
I am from Chicago...IMO it would make sense to me that Drew would dump Stacy's body in that area. It is mostly ghetto & infested with gangs, etc. Maybe he thought he'd be able to fool everyone into thinking it wasn't him by dumping her there.

I really don't think the 'blue barrel' could be a coincidence!

ThoughtFox
01-26-2008, 12:52 AM
I am from Chicago...IMO it would make sense to me that Drew would dump Stacy's body in that area. It is mostly ghetto & infested with gangs, etc. Maybe he thought he'd be able to fool everyone into thinking it wasn't him by dumping her there.

I really don't think the 'blue barrel' could be a coincidence!
And we know he had a badge and alot of guns - nobody would have messed with him while he was there.

I'm hoping that blue barrel was really there. The very first stories from the Associated Press clearly say it was there.

Leila
01-26-2008, 12:53 AM

I think Brodsky is making things up as he goes along. I can't imagine local authorities asking a state task force working on Stacy Peterson's disappearance to not get involved. Here the local authorities have an unidentified body.....there's no way they'd be issuing requests for other agencies to not get involved to help with identification. The rat is scared it really could be Stacy. :mad:

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 12:55 AM
This is going to be a very long wait until they make their announcement tomorrow after the autopsy.

ThoughtFox
01-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Anderson Cooper Transcript:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/25/acd.01.html

ANDERSON COOPER: Our CNN affiliate WLS Chicago is also reporting that a blue garbage can was found near the area. Now, this is the video of the area from WLS. You can see some police vehicles there. The body again was found earlier today.

It has now been transported to the medical examiner's office, where an autopsy has been scheduled

*SNIP*

ANDERSON COOPER: Lisa, you have obviously been follow thing case really from the beginning. Why is that blue barrel so crucial?

LISA BLOOM, TRUTV ANCHOR: It's absolutely crucial because this relative of Drew Peterson's reported on the very day that Stacy Peterson went missing, 23 years old, mother of two little kids and who told people that she told him a couple days before she was going to divorce him, the stepbrother says that he helped Drew Peterson move a blue barrel warm to the touch into his car and Drew Peterson then drove off with it.

This stepbrother then apparently so conscience-stricken that a day or two later he attempted suicide. Now, Drew Peterson and his attorney say that shows that he's mentally unstable and not a reliable witness. But that's been an important lead. And volunteer searchers over the last 12 weeks have been told by police to look for a blue barrel. That's been in all the search warrant affidavits, to look for fibers or residues connected with blue plastic.

So, the fact that so far this does seem to match the hair color, the size of the body, the fact that it's female, and the blue barrel, very, very intriguing information.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 01:03 AM
This means Brodsky's statement *coughlie* is incorrect.

Sgt. Thomas J. Burek, a spokesman with the Illinois State Police, said that the team of investigators assigned to the Stacy Peterson case was "aware" of the body parts found near the Illinois Sanitary Ship Canal, along with the blue garbage can. Burek added that the Illinois State Police was in communication with authorities in Chicago on this new case and would await the results of the autopsy, scheduled for Saturday, before becoming involved in this investigation.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html

Leila
01-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Lisa Stebic does not have light colored red or blonde hair. Please refer to the photos of Lisa here: http://www.findlisastebic.com/index/

There are very conflicting reports of this find. Some sound pretty definite they do think it is Stacy and yet others say it isn't. I don't believe it has anything to do with knowing where Drew is or keeping an eye on him for any reason. LE doesn't work that way...as we have witnessed many times in the past.

It may have to do with notification of the family and not giving false hope to them if this turns out not to be her. I would imagine they would want to be certain before they contacted them and would not want the press to be the ones to notify them instead.

That's an excellent point. Certainly the media was on this story immediately and LE hasn't had time to make any sort of confirmation. So it's very possible LE need to make confirmation and speak with the family.

BritDees
01-26-2008, 01:08 AM
I saw this on my homepage a few minutes ago with the title saying Body found, police consider tie to Peterson case.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/25/body.found/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 01:08 AM
I wonder if Drew is still overly concerned with finding a date tonight? I bet he is in the bottom of a Seagrams' bottle.

Brodsky is probably sleeping like a baby considering he believes Drew. Wow...is HE ever going to have a rude awakening if this is Stacy?!!!

mysteriew
01-26-2008, 01:21 AM
How does JAB know what local LE has said to the task force? Do they call him and inform him of their movements and of what is requested of them?

SS I agree that it will be a long time til the autopsy is done and probably even longer until the results are released. The waiting will be hard for all of us. But I have to think about the family's position. No matter what LE may or may not have told them, they will still be on pins and needles wondering yes/no. On the edge of grief over the fact that their worst fear is realized to relief that they finally know. And if it isn't her, they will know they are going back to not knowing and waiting, and probably being faced with the same cycle again at some point.

Based on past cases, when a body is found they usually won't give out any info to the media. The family may or may not be told to prepare themselves. And no info will go to the public until the ID is official and the family has been told officially. Many times they will also have to have time to notify distant relatives.

The info that has come out has been different though. From a woman to a child, body parts, bones.... someone could be trying to hide the real info and it might be hard to do with a case with so much media attention. I know sometimes when media cannot get info from LE they will sometimes try witnesses, bystanders, and semi officials like EMT's and etc. What we are hearing sounds like rumor at this point.

One thing that bothers me is JAB "guarenteeing" that this isn't Stacy. To make a statement like that if he knew this even 'might' be Stacy would shoot his already low creditability and for what? He would know that with dental records and DNA, this body will be ID'D if it is Stacy so he has nothing to gain by a lie. Unless DrewP lied to him about a location or if DrewP thinks for some reason that she cannot be ID'd.

Leila
01-26-2008, 01:36 AM
The same reason that his client, Drew "The Old Goat" Peterson has been smirking for 3 months. The blue barrel is his "red herring".

IMO, the investigators have been thrown off (purposely) by the Goat involving his mentally ill brother.:furious:

There is some evidence that the blue barrel does exist:

* Neighbor reported that he saw DP and an unidentified man move a blue barrel into DP's Denali.

* DP's step-brother, Thomas Morphey, says he helped DP move a blue container that was warm to the touch.

* LE found blue fibers consistent with a plastic container in the Denali

* Stacy's sister says a blue barrel that was in the garage is missing

starpatch
01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
I'll watch Greta since she doesn't seem to think this is Stacy ~ I'd like to know why! :)

Seems like Greta is with holding her thoughts....She is being cautious.

LaMer
01-26-2008, 01:46 AM

* Neighbor reported that he saw DP and an unidentified man move a blue barrel into DP's Denali.

* DP's step-brother, Thomas Morphey, says he helped DP move a blue container that was warm to the touch.

Leila, thanks for your post! I was sitting here trying to remember the info about the blue barrel and wondering if their was any credibility to the step-brother. Yes, I remember the neighbor report now, the fibers/blue plastic--so maybe!

As cool as Peterson acts and thinks he is, I have been thinking whatever he did to Stacy, he knew she would never be found. jmo

Most who think they are so smart tho, usually aren't! :behindbar

LaMer
01-26-2008, 01:49 AM

I noticed that too, but one can't blame her. This might not be Stacy.

20 miles tho from where Stacy disappeared tho, but there are always so many people disappearing and bodies found here and there and everywhere anymore! -scarry-

Leila
01-26-2008, 01:59 AM
If this turns out to be Stacy, I'm very curious about how the body got to that location? From the description given by the media, the body was frozen into the ground. It sounded like the body might be encased in ice. Early reports say a blue garbage can was nearby.

It sounds like this body wasn't buried, and somehow came to rest in this field until it froze into the ground. Was the barrel dropped into the canal, and at some point surfaced and with the rain and snow, the canal overflowed into this field carrying the barrel/body with it? Or, was the body just left in that field?

Camper
01-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Stacy's hair looks pretty blond to me here:

http://media.komotv.com/images/071225_stacy_peterson.jpg

Was it this color upon her disappearance? I will also add she looks like a child w/ her father or even her grandfather. Pig.

--->>>The news report with on video of the man who found the body and blue container, was seen by me on MSNBC. The first official report that broke this news to me, said, that the body had reddish hair with blond.

katiecoolady's post quoted her rings the bell for me. Just how many women missing meet the hair color 'requirement'? That, and that darned blue container 'nearby'. Nearby was what the report said.

Question, how would the body have gotten out of the container?

The report said that the remains were frozen to the 'ground/earth'. Report says it was first thought to be the remains of a child, but later sort of retracted that info.

I cannot remember how tall Stacy was, anyone ?

Once the body is ID'd, wonder IF IF autopsy will enable cause of death to tie it to DP?

JAB how could he under heaven KNOW anything for certain ?, about a body that has not been indentified yet? Unless in the dictionary under the word Gullible, you would find HIS picture next to it????

The remains will indeed bring closure to a family somewhere!!!!!!

OH Leila, just read your post, PERHAPS Somehow DP dropped the barrel from his little plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder IF IF the barrel shows some extra damage????????????? I am wondering JUST how close to the body the barrel was found, from 'potential' impact etc.???

Anita Richman
01-26-2008, 02:22 AM

Thank you for your post, Leila! I totally believe the blue barrel exists, too. I just don't think that Stacey's body was ever in it. I think that a very clever and evil Drew Peterson murdered Stacey. I think that he engaged his brother (knowing that this particular person would be a "weak link"), set up a situation where cell phone records would show "pings" between the Peterson's house and the meeting place with the brother.

Then, sometime later, Peterson brought the brother back to the house and convinced him to "help (Drew) remove the barrel from the master bedroom". During this event, neighbors witnessed the men (or man) moving the large blue barrel into Drew Peterson's truck. I believe that Drew Peterson purposely made his brother believe that he had participated in the disposal of Stacey Peterson's body...enough to make him confess.

I do not believe Stacey Peterson was in that barrel. Perhaps another dead person (a drug overdose, a hooker) or just weights were in that barrel. Drew Peterson was confident enough that no one would find Stacey Peterson in a "blue barrel" that he engaged the shock jock who wrote songs about it!

I personally think that Stacey's remains were dumped in a landfill or an area that would be difficult to search. I also believe his attorney is aware of the location and is complicit in the disposal of her body.

Schmerty_Jones
01-26-2008, 03:07 AM
I have to agree with the above thinking. Can an attorney be prosecuted for aiding & abetting or coverup?

MrsBuckWeaver
01-26-2008, 03:16 AM
It's kind of a strange feeling to be hoping that the remains are Stacy - I guess it just shows how convinced I am that she's gone. This would be closure for the family and hopefully help LE make their case against DP.

chicoliving
01-26-2008, 03:54 AM

I've found nothing on foxnews.com about this at all. Very odd.

thesleuther
01-26-2008, 04:07 AM
I have a couple of thoughts here.

First, if this body is intact - and some reports indicate that it is and is mostly frozen - I don't see how it could be Stacy. She has been gone for 3 months now and if she were exposed in the elements like this body, I don't think it would be intact. Now, IF she had been dumped while it was bitterly cold, that would be a different story. But having been deceased probably since late October, I would think that a lot of decomposition would have taken place before the freezing cold weather could have frozen and preserved the remains.

Second, there are a lot of posts regarding Drew possibly having either dismembered her or having used chemicals to help the process. I view Drew as a coward and don't see him having the guts to dismember. Plus, he really didn't have much time. This would have left too much evidence behind and he knows what that would have meant.

I don't think her demise was planned for that particular day, but once it happened he had to act quickly. If Morphey's story is correct, then he would have had only a few hours for disposal after the body was put in the Denali. I lean toward night time and that he probably was caught in the act when Cassandra phoned him and he lied and said he was home when Cassandra knew for certain he wasn't.

Because of the unplanned act for that day and the constraints of time, I think a dump site relatively close to home is the most likely scenario - something within an hour of home. That being said, in his line of work he would know of so many possibilities.

Brodsky is an idiot and I don't believe that he would have any information not available to everyone else. AND, even though he is an idiot, I don't believe he is complicit in the disposal of the body and don't believe he ever asked Drew if he did it and therefore wouldn't know any specifics. He came on board long after the body disposal. IMO

thesleuther
01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
Thank you for your post, Leila! I totally believe the blue barrel exists, too. I just don't think that Stacey's body was ever in it. I think that a very clever and evil Drew Peterson murdered Stacey. I think that he engaged his brother (knowing that this particular person would be a "weak link"), set up a situation where cell phone records would show "pings" between the Peterson's house and the meeting place with the brother.

Then, sometime later, Peterson brought the brother back to the house and convinced him to "help (Drew) remove the barrel from the master bedroom". During this event, neighbors witnessed the men (or man) moving the large blue barrel into Drew Peterson's truck. I believe that Drew Peterson purposely made his brother believe that he had participated in the disposal of Stacey Peterson's body...enough to make him confess.

I do not believe Stacey Peterson was in that barrel. Perhaps another dead person (a drug overdose, a hooker) or just weights were in that barrel. Drew Peterson was confident enough that no one would find Stacey Peterson in a "blue barrel" that he engaged the shock jock who wrote songs about it!

I personally think that Stacey's remains were dumped in a landfill or an area that would be difficult to search. I also believe his attorney is aware of the location and is complicit in the disposal of her body.

I don't know how he could be complicit in the disposal as he wasn't on board right away and why would an attorney help his client dispose of a body? This makes no sense. Brodsky might be an idiot, but he's not going to lose his law license AND go to jail for a loser like Drew. Bordsky's not THAT dumb. Stacy was disposed of before Drew's appearance on TODAY when he put out a plea for an attorney.

Also, there is no way Drew would confide that to an attorney.....they both play along with the poor-Drew stuff knowing very well that he's guilty. Drew has been around the block too many times to confess that to an attorney - too many times around the block in his police work.

mysteriew
01-26-2008, 04:32 AM
A defense attorney is bound by the attorney client privelege and cannot tell what a client tells him unless the client is stating an intention to harm someone else. So DrewP could have told JAB, and not only is JAB obligated not to tell, he would most likely lose his license if he told. If he stated it court, a mistrial would be declared. So no, JAB unfortunately won't be prosecuted because he is not obligated to tell and no one can ask him.

However, all JAB's talking today does tell me something. JAB does know, there is no doubt that Stacy is dead, and JAB knows where her body is. I don't believe that he would have made such a confident statement knowing the relative ease of ID, unless he knew she was dead and where DrewP said her remains are.

thesleuther
01-26-2008, 04:44 AM
I just watched Nancy Grace accompanied by video.

With the video, it sounds like the remains were pretty decomposed. That paints a different story. Also, I was wondering why the remains would be near the barrel - how did they get out?

This location appears to be by water. The gases from a decomposing body could have floated the barrel to the top, blown the lid off and then the body would have become free. It sounds so awful, but from the investigative work on the Laci Peterson case, we all learned about gases from decomposing bodies and how powerful they are.

I agree with other posters that even if they thought it might be Stacy, investigators would try to downplay that until the family has been briefed and until LE knows where DP is. They are probably waiting to arrest until a good circumstantial case has been built, but might have an arrest planned if and when a body surfaces.

I still don't see Drew volunteering anything and I don't see Brodsky asking specifics about the crime. From what I understand about defense attorneys, they don't want to know.

Leila
01-26-2008, 06:05 AM
I just watched Nancy Grace accompanied by video.

With the video, it sounds like the remains were pretty decomposed. That paints a different story. Also, I was wondering why the remains would be near the barrel - how did they get out?

This location appears to be by water. The gases from a decomposing body could have floated the barrel to the top, blown the lid off and then the body would have become free. It sounds so awful, but from the investigative work on the Laci Peterson case, we all learned about gases from decomposing bodies and how powerful they are.

I agree with other posters that even if they thought it might be Stacy, investigators would try to downplay that until the family has been briefed and until LE knows where DP is. They are probably waiting to arrest until a good circumstantial case has been built, but might have an arrest planned if and when a body surfaces.

I still don't see Drew volunteering anything and I don't see Brodsky asking specifics about the crime. From what I understand about defense attorneys, they don't want to know.

I don't know that much about forensics, but if DP killed Stacy on October 28th and placed her body in a container, weighted the container, and dropped that container into water that was anywhere from 15 - 30 feet in depth, wouldn't that have preserved the remains for some period of time? Water is usually quite a bit colder than body temperature, and colder at a depth than on the surface.

Within a few weeks after Stacy's disappearance, the weather was beginning to deteriorate and shortly after Thanksgiving ground searches were halted. It was cold, had rained, and then snowed. The colder temperatures would gradually make any body of water colder. So after some initial decomposition, wouldn't the increasingly colder water slow the process?

Lurker
01-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Right, make sure he is in plain site, so he doesn't panic. I'd hate it, if he hurt those kids:mad:

Based on where the body was found, Drew knows if it's her or not. The police saying it isn't wouldn't fool him. After all, he's the one that put her there if it is her. What are the chances that there are 2 dead white females in the same vicinity?
If it is her and the cops are saying it's not, more than likely it's to keep the media away instead of fooling Drew.

HappyChic727
01-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Where is the location the remains were found in reference to the location Sandra Belanger was indicating in Dresdon? I just read on her site today a post about the bells being heard coming from a railroad and the remains found today were near a railroad.I haven't been following this case but now that a body has been found, and it could be Stacey, I'm here. I saw the name Sandra Belanger and had to respond to your post. I thought she was MIA. Can you give me her website? I followed her readings in the Laci Peterson case and she was so "on time" that she had to remove some of her reading from the internet, in fear of being arrested herself.

Thanks!

Bobbisangel
01-26-2008, 07:01 AM
It really sounds like this could be Stacy. I hope that it is for the sake of her children and family. Those little boys need to be with Stacy's family not with Drew. He's to old to be raising children that young anyway. Sounds like he is hot to find another "wife." Guess he can't stand to be alone even though he has 4 kids to tend to. He is such a creep. I can't imagine anyone wanting to date him. He'll probably be looking for a 14 yr old this next time.

I heard Drew say that Stacy told him on the day she disappeared that she was leaving him for another man. According to his past history...if she had told him that face to face I think he would have gone into a full blown rage.
He has followed every ex-wife around even after they divorced him. The wives had to account for their every move and that included Stacy. There is no way he would have allowed her to walk off and leave him. He was to controlling.

I have no doubt that Stacy is dead. Drew's letters...sightings...text messages and anything else that he has dreamed up didn't pan out. I wonder if he even has a clue how much people dispise him? I really hope the female is Stacy and they arrest him as soon as they ID her.

CW
01-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm watching foxs and friends this am and if I'm not mistaking they are doing the autopsy at this time. IMO if I heard right and they are doing a autopsy right now I truly believe they are pretty sure it is Stacy because it is only a little after 6am in chicago.

Lurker
01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
I just read the article about the dating game on the local radio show. What the hell is that? And it was suggested by Drew's lawyer and Drew agreed? That is totally blatent disrespect. I guess that he doesn't see it that way because of his "she ran away with another man" stance but if I were her relatives, I'd be seeing red right now. Thank God the radio station had the common sense to cancel that debacle.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Windy:

Please keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

Although I have always kept some hope that Stacy is alive, deep down I know better. I pray that this is Stacy, just so we know at the least she has been found.

Wish I could be a fly and be inside DP's house right now to see how he is handling this news!!!!!

Camper
01-26-2008, 07:37 AM
WElll, for good or bad, WE should all know soon IF it is Stacy.

I am wondering where the lid to the barrel is, no mention was made of IT.

But the ground is still covered with snow where her body was found so - with the lid being flat, it might still be around there somewhere. OR OR IF DP took the barrel on his little plane, which is a TWO seater and made to hold the weight of TWO people, and Stacy was slightly built. IF IF he removed the lid before getting where he was going to dump the barrel - probably IF or when - that the barrel hit the ground the lid would have popped off and - IF that was the case the barrel should most likely have been found fairly close to the remains.

I also wonder IF there are any scavenger animals in that particular area?
The news bleep only mentioned HAIR and the color of it. Seems like with the cold weather that some good preservation of the remains is possible.

No mention of whether any clothing was found. We will soon know.

IF IF IF JAB knows that DP did it, WAS he in on the deception of the letters and sightings?

IF JAB knows 'where' SP is buried, then what must he think of the sightings etc.

IMOP Stacy would not have left her children, EVER on her own.

Wudge
01-26-2008, 07:46 AM
"Meanwhile, some media speculated Friday evening that Stacy's body may have been found when initial reports said a blue barrel was found near frozen human remains in the 3400 block of Kedzie Avenue on Chicago's Southwest Side. But Chicago police said no barrel was on or near the scene.

They said the "badly decomposed" body was spotted by a land surveyor in a field near railroad tracks and the Chicago River and appeared to be a white female. An autopsy was scheduled for today."

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/760562,012608boling.article

sunny
01-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I was watching ABC news last nite and they have a video about the discovery. Very interesting and they say the body is intact and doing an autopsy to determine if this is Stacy. The body was found, near I 55 on one side the railroad tracks on the other and the blue barrell away from the body near the channel. I hope DP is really squirming now if this is Stacy My Hubby knows this channel and told me this mornin that this channel never freezes because of all the barge traffic on it..JMO Here is the article and link...............
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c90_1201337075
Woman frozen remain found in Chicago!
An environmental inspector found the remains and called Chicago police.
Police in west suburban Lyons say a village of Lyons environmental inspector was performing duties near the Chicago River when he discovered what he believes is a human foot and leg. The inspector also reported seeing a blue garbage can near the area.
"It was fairly intact, and it was covered with snow. He didn't want to disturb it of course, so thats when he called 911," said Roy Witherow, Lyons Village Manager. "He stated about 25 feet from the body there was a blue plastic container of some sort that was mostly covered in snow." "The inspector performs tests at these sites and determines if the construction material is suitable 'fill' for the Lyons Quarry Reclamation project that is currently in full operation," police said.
Chicago police did not find the blue garbage can, Bond said.
"CPD did not discover any blue container on the scene," she said.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:18 AM
How can the inspector say he saw a "blue garbage can" near the area, but the CPD says they did not find one??

I would think the inspector would have been told to stay at the site until CPD showed up? Or did he walk away to make the phone call? I would think DP has a scanner at his house that is turned on 24/7 to monitor any PD activity, so could he have had someone remove the "blue container" before any CPD arrived on the scene?

Far fetched, you bet. But every thing DP has done so far has been far fetched!!

Pharlap
01-26-2008, 08:20 AM
The site was located at 34th and Kedzie, and at least six officials could be seen from Sky5 combing through snowy woods. An inspector was touring the site and made the discovery Friday afternoon.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/de...=headlineclick (http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html?dl=headlineclick)

If you guys have google earth put in "3500 kedzie,chicago illinois"
Go west on map, that's where you start any kind of forest, following the channel, then the arch of the channel a bit further.

KOOL LOOK
01-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Fox news is now reporting the remains are of a white female. Guys this is probably Stacey, or maybe Lisa. I think it's Stacey. Reporting it's not far from where she went missing, under 30 miles.

I like the drop of the barrel from the airplane theory, but we have testimony from the step brother concerning the blue barrell he helped drew dispose of since we now know the body is in tact.

Tsunami
01-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I haven't been following this case but now that a body has been found, and it could be Stacey, I'm here. I saw the name Sandra Belanger and had to respond to your post. I thought she was MIA. Can you give me her website? I followed her readings in the Laci Peterson case and she was so "on time" that she had to remove some of her reading from the internet, in fear of being arrested herself.

Thanks!

Here you go Happy!

http://www.heliumraven.com/casefile

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:32 AM
God, my body is shaking with emotion righ now! Can't even imagine what Cass and family are going through right now waiting for the autopsy report findings!!!!!!

KL: I don't think an air plane factors in either, if one looks at the timeline and we will have TM's testimony when this goes to trial that will probably show that DP drove the barrel to it's final resting place with Stacy in it.

Sorry, if that didn't make sense, not thinking coherently. How long will it take to determine if this is Stacy or not????? I'm assuming dental records, etc. are already on file with the coroner's office??

LionRun
01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
I wonder if the, "blue barrel" sighting was a result of the real life version of the telephone game that many of us played as children. I sure would like to know if the area was left alone, and if so for how long after the inspector initially found the remains--just in case there was originally a blue barrel/trashcan there.

Lion

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Schmerty, he can certainly have his license revoked. From what I remember, an attorney who knows for a FACT his client is guilty is not then able to declare him innocent. This is why a lawyer will generally tell a client not to tell them whether they are guilty or innocent. B/c if the attorney simply BELIEVES one way or the other, it's okay for him to declare innocence.

Am I making sense? I'm tired. LOL

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 08:43 AM
How can the inspector say he saw a "blue garbage can" near the area, but the CPD says they did not find one??

In the news story I read, I noticed that it was carefully worded as something like "Chicago Police say the container was not at the site when they arrived".

It could be that ISP got there first....I just found the wording of the sentence interesting.

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 08:45 AM
I wonder if the, "blue barrel" sighting was a result of the real life version of the telephone game that many of us played as children. I sure would like to know if the area was left alone, and if so for how long after the inspector initially found the remains--just in case there was originally a blue barrel/trashcan there.

Lion

Good point; "telephone game" is what I think happened with the condition of the remains. The inspector saw a human leg and foot sticking up out of the snow and ice; many people will take that to mean it was JUST a leg and JUST a foot - in pieces. But it now seems that when the police came to investigate, the body was intact and it was just the leg and foot that happened to be sticking out.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:45 AM
good point on the CPD not being there first, but if the ISP were there first, why would they take the container away and not tell the CPD that there was one there but they removed it????

Then again, ISP could be playing it close to the vest with the possibility of DP still having friends in place within the CPD?

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:47 AM
an attorney who knows for a FACT his client is guilty is not then able to declare him innocent.

Really?? I never knew this. Are you saying that the attorney would have to know without a doubt/fact that his/her client did indeed do the crime? How much does he need?

KOOL LOOK
01-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Littledeer, they probably already know who it is, especially if it's Stacey and are doing proper notifications, etc. When someone is missing, especially in this case, dental records have already been on stand by in the coroners office in case a body does show up. So those didn't have to be acquired, which takes more time.

They alraedy know.

Pharlap
01-26-2008, 08:52 AM
The site was located at 34th and Kedzie, and at least six officials could be seen from Sky5 combing through snowy woods. An inspector was touring the site and made the discovery Friday afternoon.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/de...=headlineclick (http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html?dl=headlineclick)

If you guys have google earth put in "3500 kedzie,chicago illinois"
Go west on map, that's where you start any kind of forest, following the channel, then the arch of the channel a bit further.

The arch is where (I think) the first search was...

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Really?? I never knew this. Are you saying that the attorney would have to know without a doubt/fact that his/her client did indeed do the crime? How much does he need?

Well, not exactly. In order for the attorney to declare his client innocent and build a case based on innocence, he has to reasonably believe his client IS innocent. In other words, once an attorney finds out for SURE his client is guilty, he now has to either resign from the case or build a defense based on guilt. In other words, he can no longer say "my client didn't kill Mr. X". The case would have to be "My client killed Mr. X but he did it accidentally" or "it was in self-defense". It has to do with ethics; if an attorney who knows for a FACT his client did the deed (maybe the client told him) he can't then LIE to the court and say he believes in his client's innocence!

Maybe Wudge can help us out here in explaining it better. This was my understanding from the few legal classes I took over 15 years ago!

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:53 AM
WELL THEN THEY HAD BETTER HURRY UP AND LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can handle much more of this waiting!! :mad:

If it is Stacy, can DP be arrested on suspicion of her demise today?

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:55 AM
rbt:

Your explanation was fine. Made perfect sense to me. Thanks!! Very interesting............

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 08:55 AM
WELL THEN THEY HAD BETTER HURRY UP AND LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can handle much more of this waiting!! :mad:

If it is Stacy, can DP be arrested on suspicion of her demise today?

I certainly hope so. Having a body coupled with the fact that their cadaver dogs got hits in the home and car sure should make it easier for them!

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Those poor children.................hope someone is close by watching DP's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Okay, on the ethics issue, I just looked it up and found this blurb. It states something along the lines of what I was trying to say. If an attorney knows his client is guilty, he should not then introduce perjured testimony. Which, if I remember, includes pleading innocent. That of course is a problem for an attorney!

http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p94662_index.html

LionRun
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
This case may not be related to Stacey at all, but I am anxious to learn as we all are. Can you imagine what her family is going through? Ugh, my heart goes out to them.

I think the telephone game happens all the time everywhere. Often there is no harm intended, and we just repeat what we have heard, read or seen a little differently--and it goes down the line. That's why I try not to speculate too much until I have more facts. Speculations can often take you off in a tangent, but speculations based on inaccurate info can turn a story sideways.

Thinking more about it, I don't know if DP would chance trying to race to the scene to remove, "the barrel". If he was caught drivng off with a barrel that would just look so bad. Or if he were pulled over with the barell before he dumped it for a second time, it wouldn't look so good. He knows all of LE has address and model, make, and plate of his vehicles. I would think that a killer would want to keep himself distanced for psychological reasons, too. Who knows? He is one twisted man.

Even if there is no barrel, and that it may have been a mistake in the reporting of a blue barrel/trashcan, the body could still be Stacey's. There is no proof that Stacey was dumped inside of and along with a barrel. There may well have been a barrel involved, but we don't know exactly what happened.

I have to run off to train now, but I am so anxious to learn if there are any new details in this case. Have a great day sleuthers:).

Lion

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Lion:

Thanks for the mind of reason! You are so right! We should keep a level head and not make assumptions at this time until more facts are known. It does not serve any purpose.

Does anyone have an account for the FSP site? What are they saying over there? They might know more than we do. I know, but inquiring minds want to know. :)

rbt:

So, in the cases where the defense attorney is pleading insanity, etc. they probably in most cases know their client is guilty?

That is how I am reading your last post.

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Good points. I have to add that I don't believe the barrel was a red herring, for the reason that Drew has always been trying so hard to make this a missing person's case. His story from the beginning was that Stacy ran off with another man. To allow people to start seeing him with barrels plants suspicion in people's minds and automatically turns the spotlight on him. I'm not convinced he was purposefully trying to turn the spotlight onto himself. It would have served him better to have had NOBODY see a blue barrel, and to stick with his disappearance story.

thesleuther
01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Fox news is now reporting the remains are of a white female. Guys this is probably Stacey, or maybe Lisa. I think it's Stacey. Reporting it's not far from where she went missing, under 30 miles.

I like the drop of the barrel from the airplane theory, but we have testimony from the step brother concerning the blue barrell he helped drew dispose of since we now know the body is in tact.

Drew's plane is an ultralight (sp?). It's almost alike a bicycle with wings. It wouldn't hold a barrel. It's just a little plaything....couldn't have happened. I lean towards a place he knew of from police work----plenty of places.

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Body parts found near blue can 3:21
Headline News' Nancy Grace reports about body parts that have been found near a blue can in a river in Chicago.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/01/26/grace.stacey.peterson.cnn

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know what color hair Lisa Stebic had? I seriously doubt it is her based on how long Lisa has been missing, but .............

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 09:27 AM
They are as much awaiting the results of the autopsy as we are here, LD. FSP doesn't seem to have any more information than we do and probably not as much actually.

I wish that the media were still staked out in Bolingbrook, but they have...for the most part...gone on to other cases and the presidential election (the primary is the lead story today nationwide). If they were still there...we would be hearing of the family physically meeting at BPD or ISP for notification, they would have Drew's place covered, and they would be all over this story. Unfortunately, it isn't the case and we will have to wait.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know what color hair Lisa Stebic had? I seriously doubt it is her based on how long Lisa has been missing, but .............Aha! You aren't going back and reading posts...gotcha! I stated already two or three times that Lisa Stebic has very dark hair. Please refer to her site: www.findLisaStebic.com for photos.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:34 AM
SS:

I am so sorry.........you did catch me in not going back and reading posts. (guess I haven't sharpened my antlers yet today!). However, I am STOMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well someone did mention that the remains found had reddish blond hair....
couldn't the hair color turn if it was in water for a long period of time or nearby some chemical?

golfmom
01-26-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/760337,JO26_BODYFOUND_WEB.article

simplesimon
01-26-2008, 09:38 AM
This was posted from the Herald News about 1 hr ago. Do not know if this is fact!
January 26, 2008
from staff reports
The remains of the woman found on Chicago's southwest side near an overturned blue barrel is not Stacy Peterson, an official said. The remains of the woman do not match the "profile" of Stacy Peterson, the official said.

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
SS:

I am so sorry.........you did catch me in not going back and reading posts. (guess I haven't sharpened my antlers yet today!). However, I am STOMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well someone did mention that the remains found had reddish blond hair....
couldn't the hair color turn if it was in water for a long period of time or nearby some chemical?

Yes, pool chlorine comes to mind. I'm recalling my creepy body melting research. I had theorized that pool chlorine, with a body sealed in a container would create a very explosive situation. I don't know if it would throw a body 25 feet. But the container would not stay intact.

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 09:43 AM
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/760337,JO26_BODYFOUND_WEB.article

That was one of the first articles that came out last night. Then we had the other one that stated the remains beared a remarkable resemblance to Stacy Peterson. Then others articles stated, blue barrel, container, trash can and then nothing of the sort found. A child not a child. Stacy is small. So who knows what to think huh? The 6am autopsy on a Saturday is very interesting.

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
A body may not move from a container. But the container could easily move from a body from high winds and other factors.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:46 AM
I for one don't know if I feel relieved or not that the body was not Stacy.

One one antler, I so wanted these remains to be Stacy so we would know at least she had been found.

On the other antler, I so want Stacy to be alive.

My prayers and thoughts to the family who will have some closure in knowing their loved one has been found, but will be left with all the questions, on who, why, how, when, etc.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 09:47 AM

The remains of the woman do not match the "profile" of Stacy Peterson, the official said.I don't believe everything I read in the "Bolingbrook Sun" and this was written early yesterday. Other reports have come out since then which indicate she DOES match the profile of Stacy.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:48 AM
oh for the love of god, you mean that was LAST NIGHT'S ARTICLE????????????

NOW I'M REALLY STOMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elphaba
01-26-2008, 09:48 AM
No matter what, this poor soul has lost their life... lets hope that if it isn't Stacy, that it is someone to whom will be quickly identified and their family can move on and find closure.

nanandjim
01-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Brodsky has said that 'he can guarantee that it is not Stacy'. So, I guess that DP told him that it isn't Stacy. If so, DP knows where he dumped the body of his wife. Wouldn't you think that a person whose wife is truly missing would be calling the police, calling his attorney, calling his family, asking about the body? Wouldn't his attorney say that 'he hoped that it wasn't Stacy'?

Also, isn't it amazing that NO ONE except Brodsky believes that Stacy is alive? All of the supposed sightings and all of DP and his attorney's claims that Stacy ran off have fallen on deaf ears.

This is a cat and mouse game. DP murdered Stacy, IMO. He is banking on the fact that her body will never be found. I just hope that he was lax in his coverup because he had gotten away with murder before. He did not expect this continual, national coverage. This was SP's undoing. Hopefully, it will now be the undoing of yet another Peterson.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Wasn't there flooding in an around a few places recently? The place where this body was found...the water seems to come to a 'dead end' and wouldn't it be a place where flooding could occur? If she washed onto an area...the blue container could easily have come open and spilled out the remains before coming to rest somewhere else.

Camper
01-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Wellll, do Medical examiners do a normal work day. 9 to 5. Er I donut think so. I find it hard to believe that a report can come this early in the day as to who the remains did not belong to.

The hair color seems consistant from the first aired report. How can 'they' know what color the hair IS, IF IF all 'they' found was an arm and a leg bone, NOT. The color reported matches Stacy's hair to a tee from the link a couple of pages back here on this thread, that had a perfect picture of Stacy, her hair and DP.

The last few pages here sound like Chicken Little reporting on this news event.

Wondering how many NEWS vans with satelite dishes on top are parked closeby NOW?

JAB should be in charge of our AIR DEFENCE ADVANCE WARNING SYSTEM.

I hope SP is alive, but! IF JAB is so smart and with his defective detectivs on the case they would have found SP by now, THEN he would know for certain who was where.

Atomic
01-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I saw that also but unfortunately didn't catch her name either. If these remains are frozen into the ground it would seem they've been there a while. I found Dr. Baden's comments rather ironic as to the implants ~ that is one thing DP probably forgot about that they have an ID number! :)
Not to make light of the implant issue, but not only do they have ID numbers, mine came with a wallet size ID card with both serial numbers and the volume of each. I used to joke about them getting carded, but seriously, to think of her being id'd that way is heartbreaking. I just knew this dating game thing would be the last straw and fate would bring her to surface to say date this :behindbar you weathed old goat!
Blue barrel. Friend helped carry out a warm blue barrel. I have no doubts myself!

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Brodsky has said that 'he can guarantee that it is not Stacy'

For an attorney who has been claiming DP's innocence all along, this has got to be the STUPIDEST STATEMENT OF ALL HISTORY.

IMO, it screams my client is guilty and guess what, we both know where Stacy is, but were not telling.

Elphaba
01-26-2008, 09:57 AM
There were flood warnings out for that area around January 11th... (I looked up weather reports on it, this morning.)

Per Fox News, this morning... Stacy's family spokeperson:

"Pam Bosco, spokeswoman for Peterson's family, told FOXNews.com police are 99 percent sure it is not her."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325797,00.html

SuziQ
The below link talks about recent flooding. But I have no idea if it's related at all to the area the body was found. The below comment is interesting, but probably unrelated.

Warm water has been released from the Dresden Power Plant in an effort to heat the river and melt the ice dams.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5908135

cheko1
There are many ways they will know if its Stacy...she had tattoo / she had braces / she had breast implants / I'm sure she had other markings the same as we all do.....

The implants can deteriorate / they do in a normal body. On Greta Dr Boden stated they have numbers on them...yes they all do /the question is were the implants intact? Scarring in the breast tissue would be present from the surgery. If the implants were not intact the ME would have to piece them together in hopes of finding the numbers. Then there is the question were they saline implants or silicone? Silicone can withstand more abuse then saline. Women who have saline normally have to get new ones within so many yrs....where silicone remains present in the body forever.
Hope this helps!

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
camper:

JAB should be in charge of our AIR DEFENCE ADVANCE WARNING SYSTEM.

LOL.............GOOD ONE!!! I think Al Quida should recruit him.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
O/T: but how the heck do numbers stay intact on the implants? Never mind, I really don't want to know.

This deer sticking with her boobs..........

What time did Pam Bosco make her statement??

Atomic
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
HAIRCOLOR.
Just because her hair appeared dark in recent times doesnt mean it wasnt lightened/processed underneath. For example if she tried being blonde or highlights and didnt quite get it, she might have had to cover 'strawberry blonde' with her natural brown to cover the mistake, and that brown would fade off FAST considering the circumstances.

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
The one thing that's making me think that this is not Stacy, is because of Brodsky comments. They know where Stacy is and it wasn't where this body was found. I'm not finding any other remotely matching missing women in the area though. And who would be stupid enough to dump a body there with all the searching for Stacy going on? Someone who doesn't watch the news I guess.

robthomaseyes
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
There are many ways they will know if its Stacy...she had tattoo / she had braces / she had breast implants / I'm sure she had other markings the same as we all do.....

The implants can deteriorate / they do in a normal body. On Greta Dr Boden stated they have numbers on them...yes they all do /the question is were the implants intact? Scarring in the breast tissue would be present from the surgery. If the implants were not intact the ME would have to piece them together in hopes of finding the numbers. Then there is the question were they saline implants or silicone? Silicone can withstand more abuse then saline. Women who have saline normally have to get new ones within so many yrs....where silicone remains present in the body forever.
Hope this helps!

I doubt they'd bother doing all that when they can more quickly check the dental records.

SeriouslySearching
01-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Welcome to WS, Atomic!

I agree...the breast implants could quickly ID this woman. If the autopsy was started at 6:00am...they should know by now if it is Stacy or not. With ISP having her dental records, DNA, and other identifiers...this should be an easy task for them.

What happened to having the family come and ID the body?! I bet that Cassandra could simply look at the body and tell them immediately!!

SuziQ
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
SS, not if it's badly decomposed. Family ID is very traumatic and unreliable and isn't done much anymore.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Suzi:

I think we did a search not too long ago of all females that were missing in that area, If I'm not mistaken we only came up with Lisa and Stacy. However, if a wider search was made of missing females, I'm sure more names would have cropped up.

This could be someone that has not been reported as missing either. Homeless? Prostitute?

Atomic
O/T: but how the heck do numbers stay intact on the implants? Never mind, I really don't want to know.

Too bad :crazy: hehe
The shell of an implant is silicone, whether its filled with silicone or saline, the outside is the same and the numbers are imprinted on them

Elphaba
HAIRCOLOR.
Just because her hair appeared dark in recent times doesnt mean it wasnt lightened/processed underneath. For example if she tried being blonde or highlights and didnt quite get it, she might have had to cover 'strawberry blonde' with her natural brown to cover the mistake, and that brown would fade off FAST considering the circumstances.

Lightening the hair strips it something awful... definitely, if she had went back to dark, it would have faded very quickly. Good point, Atomic.

cheko1
01-26-2008, 10:10 AM

This deer sticking with her boobs..........

What time did Pam Bosco make her statement??

They don't!!!
In over 1/2 the implanted woman there is no records kept of the numbers. When the implants break up there is no way of knowing the numbers. Or else ME has to piece them back together & pray they weren't broken where a number existed.

Elphaba
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Re: statement by Pam Bosco: not sure what time... will see if I can pinpoint a time.

Littledeer
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Atomic:

LOL, couldn't resist to still give me the info huh? :)

So everytime I stand in front of a mirror naked, I would see numbers on my boobs?? I bet my hubby would say, what happened to those 34's, 32's, now you got 38769C.

LOL

Pharlap
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Wasn't there flooding in an around a few places recently? The place where this body was found...the water seems to come to a 'dead end' and wouldn't it be a place where flooding could occur? If she washed onto an area...the blue container could easily have come open and spilled out the remains before coming to rest somewhere else.

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1534640.php?

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/wwamaps/wwatxtget.php?cwa=lot&wwa=all

Atomic
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Welcome to WS, Atomic!

Thanks !
After lying dormant for 3 years on WS, it takes fake breasts and haircolor to bring me out of hiding, but here I am! :woohoo:

golfmom
01-26-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't believe everything I read in the "Bolingbrook Sun" and this was written early yesterday. Other reports have come out since then which indicate she DOES match the profile of Stacy.

I absolutely agree with you on the Bolingbrook Sun (other known as BS). I'm hoping LE is discounting that it's Stacy so they have time to coordinate an arrest and Drew doesn't do something shady, like RUN.