PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Stacy 16 months, victim of mom and her boyfriend

2sisters
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
This happened in our town. he dies Sunday I belive and was dead for a few hours before she finally called 911. So sad, another child victim to mom and the scum bag that she just has to be with b/c God forbid she just concentrate on her child for a while or be choosy when it comes to her mates. I am so furious about this.
Mother, boyfriend, suspected of murder of infant
By Jeremy Pittari
Item Staff Writer

PICAYUNE — A 16 month-old child is reported to have died due to blunt force trauma to the head while in his mother’s care in the first murder case in Picayune since December of 2003.

Sunday at about 5:29 a.m. the mother of the child, Allison Regina Holmes, 23, made a 911 call that her child was not breathing, Picayune Police Chief Jim Luke said. Emergency personnel responded to the apartment, at 700 N. Main St., Apt. 1, where the child, Brandon Stacy, was declared dead, Luke said.

http://www.picayuneitem.com/local/local_story_029131138.html

No bond for suspects in child’s death
By Jeremy Pittari
Item Staff Writer

PICAYUNE — Suspects in the what is believed to be the murder of a 16 month-old child are being held without bond.

Judge Rachelle Lumpkin held a hearing Tuesday afternoon at the Picayune Criminal Justice center to determine if the suspects should be allowed to post bonds, and if so, in what amounts, and to set a date for the preliminary hearing of each of the suspects. Lumpkin said that because of the seriousness of the charge against them neither would be allowed to post bond.

http://www.picayuneitem.com/local/local_story_030143800.html
A picture of the baby is at this link. he is beautiful and didn't deserve the life his parents gave him. he is in a better place now.
http://www.mcdonaldfh.com/web/obituaries/2097/BrandonPaulStacey.aspx

MissieMt
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
so sad, here is another article:
http://www.sunherald.com/201/story/337126.html

2sisters
01-31-2008, 04:17 PM
That's fine and all, I pity the grandmother but there is nothing she can say to make me pity this child's mother. When you stand by and allow abuse to happen and it turns fatal then you are as much to blame. That child lay dead for hours before she called 911, she knew he was hurt, she ignored him. She protected her boyfriend instead. She chose him. She allowed him to kill that precious baby. I have no pity or nothing good to say about that woman. She may as well have beaten the baby herself.

paddy01
01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I feel terrible for the grandmother, this is truly heartbreaking. Such a beautiful child. "Mother screams in court, tell them Kelly, you baxxxd". Yeah, Kelly go ahead and tell them that she stood by and allowed you to abuse her little boy, she allowed you to kill him. Both were charged with capital murder, both should get same sentence. IMO

2sisters
02-01-2008, 10:17 AM
His funeral is this morning, may he rest in peace.

MeoW333
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I truly believe that children are better off raised by animals or wild animals than by abusive parents.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/the-girl-who-ran-with-the-pack/2006/07/18/1153166383022.html

deanws
02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I truly believe that children are better off raised by animals or wild animals than by abusive parents.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/the-girl-who-ran-with-the-pack/2006/07/18/1153166383022.html
WOW interesting article!

paddy01
02-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Connie Gay maternal grandmother of Brandon stated her daughter Allison Holmes did not believe in physical punishment, not even a tap to keep Brandon from putting his hand on a hot stove. Brandon died at least 4 hours prior to the 911 called placed by his mother. I'm sorry she would have had to of known someone (Kelly Bonomo) bf, did something to this child because of what she yelled in court. Why did they wait that long before phoning for help?

GrannyConnie
03-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I am that baby's Granny. You have no idea of what the truth is, the boyfriend woke her up at 5:30 am, after he checked on the baby only to discover he was gone. They called 911 when they found him not alive, not when the forensic pathologist stated the time of his death. Kelly and my daughter were sleeping. Had my daughter even thought something was wrong, she would have called 911, then me. Jeremy at the Picayune Item writes what he feels, not the truth. I wish I could meet with all of you who think my daughter had anything to do with this. My God help us all, we are torn to shreads. Please, please pray for us. I can't believe people really think she had anything to do with his death, or that she wouldn't have killed the boyfriend before she would let him hurt that baby. God Help Us...

GrannyConnie
03-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Paddy1,
The truth Alison wanted Kelly to say was that he lied to the detectives because he was scared and was covering his own butt. Kelly told the jailers this, they said it was none of their business. I told the Chief of Police that two of his jailers heard Kelly recant his lie that Alison hit the baby. Guess what? Those two jailers no longer work there. Where are they? Now I'm sure Kelly (bf) is being counseled to shut his piehole. My God is just, the truth will come out and my daughter will come home. There is no greater loss. Please pray for us. Jeremy, writer of these articles at the Picayune Item believes them to be guilty. He writes what he feels, not the truth. I wish an unbiased reporter would interview me, I would tell them many truths Jeremy purposefully left out of his stories. We are in America. Innocent until proven guilty. Please pray for us.

static
03-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Paddy1,
The truth Alison wanted Kelly to say was that he lied to the detectives because he was scared and was covering his own butt. Kelly told the jailers this, they said it was none of their business. I told the Chief of Police that two of his jailers heard Kelly recant his lie that Alison hit the baby. Guess what? Those two jailers no longer work there. Where are they? Now I'm sure Kelly (bf) is being counseled to shut his piehole. My God is just, the truth will come out and my daughter will come home. There is no greater loss. Please pray for us. Jeremy, writer of these articles at the Picayune Item believes them to be guilty. He writes what he feels, not the truth. I wish an unbiased reporter would interview me, I would tell them many truths Jeremy purposefully left out of his stories. We are in America. Innocent until proven guilty. Please pray for us.

As a grandmother of a 17 month old, I cannot imagine what you must be going through...You will definitely be in my prayers...

SuziQ
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Granny, I am so sorry for the position you are in and for the loss of your adorable grandson.

MomofBoys
03-14-2009, 12:16 AM
GrannyConnie, you DO have my prayers. I have a 22 month old and a six month old, and stories like this tear me up.

I'm more than willing to be objective, but what is your daughter's explanation for the blunt-force trauma? Even if foul play wasn't involved, and there wasn't alleged evidence pointing to that, then I can't understand how an injury that severe would go unnoticed. My 22 month old son fell and hit his forehead on his toybox. It bled a little and he cried and cried. He was inconsolable for awhile. How does a child that age get injured that traumatically and not be noticed?

I'm asking this questions without judgement. I know this is a hard time for you, but you're wanting us to see the other side. I'm willing to do that, but there some serious allegations here and more importantly, a little one who has gone to heaven. Something happened to him--if not foul play, what?

GrannyConnie
03-14-2009, 12:17 AM
God Bless you.

GrannyConnie
03-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I wish we knew how he hit his head. Only God and the EX boyfriend know the truth.
God Bless you.

GrannyConnie
03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
It's the not knowing what took his life that is tearing us apart; and my daughter being in jail since the same day... She wants to know as well. Maybe God knows we couldn't handle knowing what happened. He was my life, my air, my everything. She was a good mother on the verge of breaking up with Kelly.
God Bless you.

Boyz_Mum
03-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Granny Connie, my heart breaks for you.

The poster that you are responding to is no longer here (under the name I see that he/she is banned).

When you say that we don't know the truth, you are correct. The only people who know what happened are the people who were there.

I am so sorry that you lost your grandson. I wish I had the words within me to ease your burden or your pain. Please know my prayers are with all of you.

MomofBoys
03-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I'll pray for you and your family as the investigation proceeds.

Have they had her take a polygraph yet?

I just realized I'm commenting on a pretty old case. I should do some homework myself.

Not a lot of updates; has there even been a trial?

Thrs0806
03-14-2009, 02:16 AM
It's the not knowing what took his life that is tearing us apart; and my daughter being in jail since the same day... She wants to know as well. Maybe God knows we couldn't handle knowing what happened. He was my life, my air, my everything. She was a good mother on the verge of breaking up with Kelly.
God Bless you.

GrannyConnie...God bless you and your Family!! This must have been the hardest year of your life. My heart is breaking for you just thinking about it. I am a Grandmother of 6 and can't even imagine the pain you must be living. To lose not only your precious Grandson but to have to deal with the fear that you may lose your daugther also. The justice system is not an easy thing to deal with - I have been there as a Mother.

I am also curious about your daughter case. Has she had a trial? Has the Ex-BF?

Welcome to Websleuths! It is a great place to meet knowledgable people with big hearts! Please don't take the posts against your daughter to heart - we see alot of these cases and become alittle hardened over time. Its easy to blame all the adults in these cases that should be protecting these sweet babies. Your daugther was just another Mother that was with the wrong man - your post showed me the other side - A loving mother who might also be a victim in the nightmare.

You and your family are in my prayers.

PeteyGirl
03-14-2009, 02:05 PM
GrannyConnie . . . my daughter is due to give birth to her son any day. She fled So Cal three months ago to get away from her abusive boyfriend.

Your story wrenches all our hearts . . . and for me, it fills me with a terrible forboding. This young lady, my daughter, will want to marry and date. She's already established a "pattern" of hooking up with crappy men.

Already this little unborn boy is all I can think about . . . I will provide him and his mommy a home for as long as they are willing to stay .. . . and that's all I can do. What else can I do to "prevent" my daughter from choosing a jackass to assuage her loneliness? Not much, I'm afraid . . . but love her, and pray.

You will be in my prayers, as will your daughter. Of all people, she needs them most. She has to live with the consequences of choosing, and then staying with a horrible "male" who tossed off red flags right and left, that he was dangerous and cruel.

Having been myself the victim of an abusive man for seven years, I know that I too saw my ex's red flags . . . but I didn't know what they meant. I didn't exactly seek to know, either. Even though I did not deserve or cause a single SECOND of the abuse I endured, I still remain responsible for my choice to NOT take care of myself, NOT value myself enough to come to my own rescue.

The price your girl is paying for not valuing her own, or her son's life enough is the worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. I pray for your peace, and for justice for Brandon.

Bobbisangel
03-14-2009, 02:41 PM
GrannyConnie . . . my daughter is due to give birth to her son any day. She fled So Cal three months ago to get away from her abusive boyfriend.

Your story wrenches all our hearts . . . and for me, it fills me with a terrible forboding. This young lady, my daughter, will want to marry and date. She's already established a "pattern" of hooking up with crappy men.

Already this little unborn boy is all I can think about . . . I will provide him and his mommy a home for as long as they are willing to stay .. . . and that's all I can do. What else can I do to "prevent" my daughter from choosing a jackass to assuage her loneliness? Not much, I'm afraid . . . but love her, and pray.

You will be in my prayers, as will your daughter. Of all people, she needs them most. She has to live with the consequences of choosing, and then staying with a horrible "male" who tossed off red flags right and left, that he was dangerous and cruel.

Having been myself the victim of an abusive man for seven years, I know that I too saw my ex's red flags . . . but I didn't know what they meant. I didn't exactly seek to know, either. Even though I did not deserve or cause a single SECOND of the abuse I endured, I still remain responsible for my choice to NOT take care of myself, NOT value myself enough to come to my own rescue.

The price your girl is paying for not valuing her own, or her son's life enough is the worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. I pray for your peace, and for justice for Brandon.

I know exactly what you mean about your daughter. I have a daughter who is remarried now but inbetween marriages she just couldn't be without a man around and did she ever pick the losers. I also have a 23 yr old granddaughter who has a beautiful little year old daughter who just can't stand to be alone. I swear she grabs the first guy that comes along because they have all been losers. She is a beautiful girl and could have her pick but she doesn't shop around and find a nice stable young man. I worry about her and her little girl. That baby is my pride and joy and I would just die if anything ever happened to her.

I feel really bad for Granny. I lost my youngest daughter to domestic violence and there is nothing worse then losing a child and I doubt losing a grandchild is any different. It sounds like the boyfriend is the one who beat the baby to death. Someone did. I wonder if he had a history of being abusive. I think Granny said that her daughter had planned on leaving him. I just wish all women would take their time about getting to know the guys they meet. Date them but don't live with them. Give the relationship time enough to see what he is really like. Meet his friends...people who really know him. And keep the guys away from the kids until you know the guy has no history of violence and until you have dated for a good while. I guess there are just some people who don't feel complete without a male in their lives or something. I keep telling my granddaughter I'm going to find a good guy for her. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open..lol.

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 12:16 PM
No trial date. 14 months! I wish I could get a polygraph, it's only $300 somewhere on the Coast.
I wish God had taken me with my Brandon.
Jeremy Pitarri, writer? for the Picayune Item, wrote his biased slant on each story. He told me, to my face, that he thought both of them killed my angel. What an idiot! I complained to the editor, he couldn't give a crap. Welcome to Picayune, MS!
I would call at least three honest newscasters to tell this story to, but we could be killed in our sleep without repurcussions or clues. Pray for the economy. The minute I can sell our home, I am out of here. I will be close enough to visit my daughter every Sunday behind plexiglass for 20 minutes. By the way, the Sheriff of Pearl River County, David Allison, is terrific! I only wish he had ALL the power to correct this huge miscarriage of justice.

MissieMt
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
GrannyConnie, you and your sweet grandson are in my prayers. I am confused. How long was it after the baby was hurt that 911 was called. Who called?

MissieMt
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
GrannyConnie I would encourage you to read the Terms of Service here- the mods are very good at weeding out those who attack posters.
I REALLY truly want to hear your side of the story, so please don't attack other posters.

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
:scream::scream:GrannyConnie, you and your sweet grandson are in my prayers. I am confused. How long was it after the baby was hurt that 911 was called. Who called?

The biased Picayune Item writer, Jeremy Pitarri, wrote this in order to sway you to believe she knew he was dead at 1:30 am, the BF woke her at 5:30 am to inform her that Brandon was not breathing. 911 was called, then I was called. I'll ask Alison this Sunday who called 911. My question: what was kelly (BF) doing up at 5:30am checking on my grandson????

MissieMt
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
That is a good question.
I know I often wake up and check on my kids, but can speak for no one else.

I understand there is still a pending trial, but may I ask what your daughter has told you about that nights events? Did the ex bf have a history of abuse? I live on the MS. gulf coast, and find the local court system rather interesting-to say the least.

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
GrannyConnie, you DO have my prayers. I have a 22 month old and a six month old, and stories like this tear me up.

I'm more than willing to be objective, but what is your daughter's explanation for the blunt-force trauma? Even if foul play wasn't involved, and there wasn't alleged evidence pointing to that, then I can't understand how an injury that severe would go unnoticed. My 22 month old son fell and hit his forehead on his toybox. It bled a little and he cried and cried. He was inconsolable for awhile. How does a child that age get injured that traumatically and not be noticed?

I'm asking this questions without judgement. I know this is a hard time for you, but you're wanting us to see the other side. I'm willing to do that, but there some serious allegations here and more importantly, a little one who has gone to heaven. Something happened to him--if not foul play, what?

I am that baby's Granny. You have no idea of what the truth is, the boyfriend woke her up at 5:30 am, after he checked on the baby only to discover he was gone. They called 911 when they found him not alive, not when the forensic pathologist stated the time of his death. Kelly and my daughter were sleeping. Had my daughter even thought something was wrong, she would have called 911, then me. Jeremy at the Picayune Item writes what he feels, not the truth. I wish I could meet with all of you who think my daughter had anything to do with this. My God help us all, we are torn to shreads. Please, please pray for us. I can't believe people really think she had anything to do with his death, or that she wouldn't have killed the boyfriend before she would let him hurt that baby. God Help Us...

:behindbar

so sad, here is another article:
http://www.sunherald.com/201/story/337126.html

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I wish I could meet with all of you who think my daughter had anything to do with this. My God help us all, we are torn to shreads. Please, please pray for us. I can't believe people really think she had anything to do with his death, or that she wouldn't have killed the boyfriend before she would let him hurt that baby. God Help Us...
I am sorry if I attacked anyone, I am not myself, but will be more patient since no one knows the truth except God. :behindbar

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
No prior abuse to anyone. Can you read my replies to everyone? I hope so, I'm exhausted and will pray for you as well.
Jesus take the wheel...

GrannyConnie
03-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Do we know each other? I go to St. Borromeo on Goodyear. Not much of the truth was published in the newspaper and from the nevermind. I fear for our lives here.

MissieMt
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure we don't know each other. I live in Jackson Co. and don't really go to picayune.
I'm trying so hard to understand this. Am I getting this straight:
Kelly and your daughter were in their room sleeping. Kelly wakes up @ 5:30 and for whatever reason checks on the baby and discovers the baby is missing. He immediately wakes up your daughter they then discover the baby in the living room unresponsive, and call 911?

Why are you afraid for your lives?

GrannyConnie
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey, thank you so much for your interest. Yes, everything you wrote is correct with the exception of them finding my angel on the sofa downstairs. Kelly carried him there. I don't know if he did this before or after one of them called 911.
We must petition for a change of venue. Thanks to our local news reporter, and his bias, everyone thinks my daughter, his mother, knew he was in heaven at 1:30, but waited until 5:30 to call for help. I am more than livid, I am beyond grief and fear. If anything happens to me, make a noise please. Anything can happen here. I have firsthand experience of the what authorities and reporters can get away with. By the way, Dr. Steven Haynes, the forensic pathologist, has been fired. It's about time. Look him up and see how many autopsies he has botched. How am I supposed to believe him?

GrannyConnie
04-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Dear Thrs,
I don't remember if I thanked you for your compassion and interest, today is April 24th, the lawyer said the trial date wouldn't be until next year. I don't believe my daughter will be a productive member of society again. Too much, too long, too painful.
No, the BF has not had a trial either. Only he and God know the truth about what took my angel to heaven. Please pray for me, I believe the "cheese has slid off my cracker."
God Bless,
Connie

jeremy pittari
05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
http://picayuneitem.com/local/x2023222676/Bonomo-found-not-guilty-in-child-s-death

GrannyConnie
05-29-2010, 01:50 PM
God Bless You! I feel dead...I feel like it just happenned again...

GrannyConnie
05-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Do you happen to know a lawyer who believes he can help probono? I will cook and wait on him/her.

AmandaBrown23
05-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Gosh this is a tough one. That article makes is seem like he is an angel and she is the bad guy but I couldnt say how much of that is true but I honestly think this baby is not getting justice. I dont see how the mom got time and he got none.

cluciano63
05-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I am not sure that the jury did not make the right call and not sure how anyone else can be either. Obviously, both adults had serious problems, if they had been using herion, and neither should have been allowed to be with the child, IMO.

If the BF did not have any history of violence, there is no more reason to believe he hurt and ultimately killed the child than that the mother did. Was he abusive to the child on prior occassions? It sounds as though they had a bond.

I am sorry for the grandmother, of course, and all family members, regardless of who is the guilty party, It must be a nightmare, but I am assuming the jury heard both sides and 12 people made a decision. I know juries make mistakes, but I can't imagine acquitting of all charges in the death of a child if they felt he was culpable. Just my opinion, not meaning to upset anyone.

kbl8201
05-29-2010, 11:17 PM
im saying i cant believe they thought he had nothing to do with it.

thats just plain idiocy.

Belinda
05-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Based on the information given in the article, I would have found him not-guilty as well. She pleaded guilty. He went to trial. I think there is certainly evidence that he was the primary caretaker of the baby. I also think the daycare testimony is telling. I'm terribly sorry for what you have suffered GrannyConnie.

AmandaBrown23
05-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I completely agree with the last three posts. I feel like the mom is guilty but I didnt see how the boyfriend got off with nothing. I guess the testimony of the daycare helped him out. One thing that stood out to me in the article is that neither one showed emotion and the mother wouldnt go look at him. I am not saying that makes someone guilty because if it were my child I dont know if I would want to go look at them right away either. Emotionally though I would be a wreck. I too feel sympathy for the grandmother, I cant imagine her pain. My prayers are with this family.

Belinda
05-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Unless I misread, I believe it only said she didn't show any emotion. They said that they had to stop the boyfriend from doing CPR when EMS got there.

jeremy pittari
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
http://picayuneitem.com/local/x1996912700/Holmes-sentenced-to-20-years

GrannyConnie
06-07-2010, 05:10 PM
:banghead:There was no evidence for Judge Rachel Lumpkin. I begged her to allow my daughter to say goodbye at the funeral home six blocks away. She looked at me like something she would wipe off of her shoe and replied, "Absolutely not."
Unconscienable!

GrannyConnie
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
:banghead:Attention: The jury d i d n o t hear all sides and facts. My daughter took that plea at the strong advice of her court appointed atty. Scaring her into believing she could get life.
Justice? Where? Not here!

Belinda
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Then why did she plead guilty?

tk71texas
06-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Then why did she plead guilty?

My thought's exactly :waitasec:

GrannyConnie
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Advised by atty and scared out of her mind. Out of her mind already at being jailed with no evidence for over two years and in grief.

BondJamesBond
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
This is truly a tragic situation.

Please remember to abide by the WS Terms of Service on the forum.

Please refrain from bashing anyone involved in the case.

Thank you.

GrannyConnie
06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
[URL="www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9504&stc=1&d=1275946882"]

He was also my pride and joy, the best 16 months, two weeks, and four days of my life, and my daughters life. She quit the habit before he died so as not to raise him in that environment. The BF was on his way out.

Thank all of you and may God protect your loved ones

nomoresorrow
06-07-2010, 06:56 PM
[URL="www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9504&stc=1&d=1275946882"]

He was also my pride and joy, the best 16 months, two weeks, and four days of my life, and my daughters life. She quit the habit before he died so as not to raise him in that environment. The BF was on his way out.

Thank all of you and may God protect your loved ones

What a beautiful little guy! I am so sorry GrannyConnie for your loss and your pain. You are, and will continue to be, in my thoughts and prayers ~

LadyL
06-07-2010, 08:18 PM
oh gosh, he was so adorable
RIP baby Brandon

GrannyConnie
06-08-2010, 02:36 AM
oh gosh, he was so adorable
RIP baby Brandon

GOD BLESS YOU, LADYL, HE WAS TOO PRECIOUS. SUCH A FLIRT...AND PERSONALITY, YOU WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE IN NANOSECONDS. AGAIN, GOD BLESS YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO WRITE WHAT YOUR HEART FELT. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.
HAVE YOU SEEN 2SISTERS LATELY? AND MISSIE?HERE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEND A PHOTO, I NEED TO GET TO BED. I HAD TO CROP THE BF OUT, IT WAS MY BRANDON'S LAST CHRISTMAS.2007
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9518&stc=1&d=1275978732

DairyGirl
06-08-2010, 02:56 AM
GOD BLESS YOU, LADYL, HE WAS TOO PRECIOUS. SUCH A FLIRT...AND PERSONALITY, YOU WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE IN NANOSECONDS. AGAIN, GOD BLESS YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO WRITE WHAT YOUR HEART FELT. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.
HAVE YOU SEEN 2SISTERS LATELY? AND MISSIE?HERE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEND A PHOTO, I NEED TO GET TO BED. I HAD TO CROP THE BF OUT, IT WAS MY BRANDON'S LAST CHRISTMAS.2007
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9518&stc=1&d=1275978732

Such a gorgeous little man. RIP.

GrannyConnie
06-08-2010, 03:00 AM
She is so beautiful! Can i help? I am going to get in touch with the innocence project people tomorrow (today). Please say a prayer. How can i not try to give justice to my brandon and alison? Have i gone insane yet?

:Justice:

DairyGirl
06-08-2010, 03:25 AM
She is so beautiful! Can i help? I am going to get in touch with the innocence project people tomorrow (today). Please say a prayer. How can i not try to give justice to my brandon and alison? Have i gone insane yet?

I don't know if they can help if she pled guilty. I think they work with proving innocent via DNA. She might find an attorney to help her change her plea. I will pray for you both.

butwhatif?
06-08-2010, 06:39 AM

I am so sorry for your loss...your heart must be broken.

One thing I picked up on in the article was that she had taken seroquel that night. I'd like to know more about this.

It's main use is an as anti-psychotic, but also has off-label uses, such as being used to induce sleep.

I have a few questions:
Was your daughter diagnosed with any mental illness prior to this?
Was the Seroquel prescribed to her? Or did she get it from someone else?
Had she taken the seroquel before this night?

The reason I'm asking is because most people are given methadone, bupe, or benzo's when going through heroin withdrawals. And if Seroquel is taken by a person who is not psychotic, it has the potential to make them become psychotic.
Obviously it also causes extreme drowsiness, and possible numbing of emotions......which could explain her lack of emotion when paramedics/LE arrived.
The fact that your daughter was trying to kick the habit shows she must have been putting her son first, and truely loved him.
What a terrible shame it is that there aren't more affordable rehab facilities available that allow mothers to have their children with them at the facility.

OT: When I went to rehab, it was a government-run facility set on a farm.
I believe it was the only facility in the state that allowed children to live with their mothers throughout the 12 month program, that also included parenting classes.
If something like this had been available to your daughter, things could have been very different.

GrannyConnie
06-14-2010, 12:42 AM
God Bless you. The DNA proof was not done by our local incompetent "police dept.". All is too late. We are tapped financially. Local court appointed lawyers should be disbarred, they did nothing, they did not defend her. I am going to every resource I can find online.
Thank you, please pray, I will continue to pray for you.
Connie

GrannyConnie
06-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Your interest is most appreciated. Yes, she is diagnosed with severe depression and insomnia. Yes, she has taken Seroquel on many occasions. But, not for a long time. She did not know that taking the whole 300mg would put her OUT. She would not be able to hear or wake up if need be. She did not do this on purpose. She would not. I know her best. If it were another different set of facts, I would certainly say so. I am not biased on her account. My grandson was my love, and her love. If it were not so I would have taken him for my own.
Her idiot attys. scared her into taking a plea. The judge (may God have mercy on his soul) gave her the maximum 20 years! She is in a hellhole in Mississippi with NO airconditioning or heat. She is not doing well at all. My "family" has been absent since my Brandon's death and my Alison's unjust incarceration.
God Bless you and may He protect all you love from anothers' evil hands.
Granny Connie

GrannyConnie
06-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Forgot to tell you, our pastor, my husband (Army Colonel), Brandon's godmother, and I were there. She WAS hysterical! Lies, incompetence, racism, and evil reside in this county. The biggest mistake of my life was retiring HERE. I am from New Orleans, we left due to the unbelievable crime. We should have gone to the moon!

AmandaBrown23
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I am a nursing student and I currently work in the hospital. I recently had a patient who was on seroquel and she was completely knocked on her behind. She didnt know which way was up. Its a powerful drug.

mayelf
06-14-2010, 05:45 PM
http://picayuneitem.com/local/x93702147/Mother-of-deceased-child-sentenced-to-20-years

In this article it talks about them both recovering from heroine. I have seen a person coming off of heroine and its some of the scariest things I have ever seen. People can get enraged and angry and talk about killing people. And all they seem to want is to get the drug. Then they don't remember it the next day. It's like a blind rage. "Dope sickness". I would never want to associate with someone who does heroine again in my life because of that.

Like us all, i don't know why this child died. It's so tragic. :(

OneLostGrl
06-15-2010, 04:54 AM
http://picayuneitem.com/local/x93702147/Mother-of-deceased-child-sentenced-to-20-years

In this article it talks about them both recovering from heroine. I have seen a person coming off of heroine and its some of the scariest things I have ever seen. People can get enraged and angry and talk about killing people. And all they seem to want is to get the drug. Then they don't remember it the next day. It's like a blind rage. "Dope sickness". I would never want to associate with someone who does heroine again in my life because of that.

Like us all, i don't know why this child died. It's so tragic. :(

I doubt that would be the case if she was indeed on Seroquel at the time. Most humans would be too tired from the Seroquel to feel rage.. to feel a legit emotion of any sort, imo.

bubba504
08-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi i'm the man that was jailed on the murder of Brandon Stacey along with Alison Holmes,the only thing i have 2 say is i loved him more than his REAL father(sperm donor) and if Alison wouldntve did it she wouldntve plead guilty.Funny...........................i was found NOT GUILTY! welcoming everyone's input...............god bless

Salem
08-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Bubba504 and welcome to WS. I edited your post to remove the email address. It is against TOS to post invitations for contact in the open threads. This type of communication needs to be through private messaging or visitor messaging on your profile page.

Salem

AutomaticAuttie
08-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Perhaps the death of this percious innocent life could have been avoided had drugs not been the center of the parent(s) life. Why didn't someone step in and take this little boy away if they knew the mother was trying to kick a heroin addiction?

bubba504
08-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Based on the information given in the article, I would have found him not-guilty as well. She pleaded guilty. He went to trial. I think there is certainly evidence that he was the primary caretaker of the baby. I also think the daycare testimony is telling. I'm terribly sorry for what you have suffered GrannyConnie.

Thank you Belinda,it's ppl like you that let me be free again.....they didn't have any evidence against me at all.Everyone that took the stand supposedly against me,had bad things 2 say bout her.I dont even know why I was locked up on the charge in the first place,i told the police evrything when we were taken to the station.But the thing thats hurts me the worst is nobody took responsibility 4 his death,she only got 17 yrs,i loved brandon even more than his biological father....he took his 1st steps 2 me,i think bout him every day.....................thank you

Tuffy
08-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Thank you Belinda,it's ppl like you that let me be free again.....they didn't have any evidence against me at all.Everyone that took the stand supposedly against me,had bad things 2 say bout her.I dont even know why I was locked up on the charge in the first place,i told the police evrything when we were taken to the station.But the thing thats hurts me the worst is nobody took responsibility 4 his death,she only got 17 yrs,i loved brandon even more than his biological father....he took his 1st steps 2 me,i think bout him every day.....................thank you

I am very sorry for your loss bubba504. It must be hard on you having been so close with Brandon.

- Did you see any signs, or were there any warnings of abuse before that night? You said that you heard her hit him, right? Was this normal for her to hit him?

bubba504
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I am very sorry for your loss bubba504. It must be hard on you having been so close with Brandon.

- Did you see any signs, or were there any warnings of abuse before that night? You said that you heard her hit him, right? Was this normal for her to hit him?

The only thing i saw was that she was getting aggravated with him and she must've been trying 2 sleep and he was crying.I would've never thought she was capable of doing something like that.

anonymous700
02-24-2014, 07:33 AM
This grandmother has never been accountable for anything in her life yet, and has always made excuses for herself and now her daughter. She/they are always the victims. She never raised her daughter until later in life when the ex could no longer handle her. The grandmother and the daughter share a drug problem, which the grandmother still has to this day. The grandmother is a liar, a cheater (her husband is oblivious), and still a drug addict. I know all this because I've known her since she was a small child. I distanced myself from them when I could no longer watch her lifestyle. She abused our friendship time and time again. She still stalks me, my children, and my family. She is seriously disturbed and a master manipulator. She could have prevented this baby's death by taking steps to ensure he was in a safe environment, but she couldn't provide that either. Too bad the child was not removed from the home before it was too late. I fully believe her daughter murdered her baby. I have not been able to follow the case of the daughter in jail, but if she was sentenced to 20 years, sadly, she will be out way too soon.