PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Marshall - #3

Pages : [1] 2 3

christine2448
03-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Please Continue Here

This is the link to Part 1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41673)

Link to Part 2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48515)

Here is the link to the archived threads (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)

03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Possible matches that have been eliminated

The following people are NOT Sharon Marshall:
Cynthia Sumpter
Anna Waters
Jennifer Klein
Cheryl Hanson
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Janice Pockett

Lori Peugeot - Lori's DNA was run through CODIS on November 13, 2007. There were no matches.

03-19-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.geocities.com/sharonsstory/8UFTX.jpghttp://www.charleyproject.org/images/c/carter_christina.jpg
I'd say we have quite a few similarities here, maybe the most out of all the girls we have compared so far. Still hoping and praying for answers.

copying over here from my post on Sharon's thread for raindrops300.
moving from the closed thread so it is fresh on the minds of our posters :)

christine2448
03-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Possible matches that have been eliminated

The following people are NOT Sharon Marshall:
Cynthia Sumpter
Anna Waters
Jennifer Klein
Cheryl Hanson
Sheri Lynn Johnson
Janice Pockett

Lori Peugeot - Lori's DNA was run through CODIS on November 13, 2007. There were no matches.

Thanks for reposting pert info from previous threads for everyone.

christine2448
03-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Can someone remind me of the DNA issues with Sharon? Didn't they get lost and then refound and many think it is not her DNA that is CODIS?

smile22
03-19-2008, 09:27 AM
i know something happend with her blood and there was doubts it was her blood one of the children she gave up for adoption her mother or her found stumbled upon the book. they red it and wanted to put the dna issue to rest and contacted Matt B blood was taken from her and it was a match so the blood and dna on file for sharon is sharons

christine2448
03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
i know something happend with her blood and there was doubts it was her blood one of the children she gave up for adoption her mother or her found stumbled upon the book. they red it and wanted to put the dna issue to rest and contacted Matt B blood was taken from her and it was a match so the blood and dna on file for sharon is sharons

Thank you smile22..I just couldn't recall the issue and if it had been resolved.

So, for sure, we believe, Sharon's DNA is in CODIS, and it is hers?

smile22
03-19-2008, 09:38 AM
yep the posting is on the sharon marshall thread post number 416 1/28/07

christine2448
03-19-2008, 09:44 AM

Thanks! :woohoo: I hate having memory problems! I don't know how you all put up with me sometimes!

Gina_M
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM

Thank you smile! Here's the link to that post:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1304528&postcount=416

03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm sure it is somewhere, do we know where Floyd was in Sept - Oct of 1973?

eta: found this in the archives:
1973-Floyd is released from prison and completes his probation; he promply attempts to kidnap a young woman from an Atlanta gas station. Prior to his June court appearance, he goes into hiding.
1974-Floyd is known to be working in the Oklahoma City school system as a custodian.
1975-Floyd, using the alias Trenton Davis, enrolls his "daughter", Suzanne, in school.

1997-2005-Floyd is convicted of the murder of Cheryl Ann Comesso, largely due to the photo evidence. Several appeals fail. Floyd is senteced to death in 2002. The FBI, local departments, and many private indiviudals attempt to find Sharon's real identity. The NCMEC spearheads several DNA tests with other missing girls, all negative. In 2004, Matt Birkbeck publishes A Beautiful Child, detailing the Sharon Marshall story. The only remaining possiblity being checked at this point is the possiblity that a young girl, known as Rhonda Moore, was adopted out by her abusive mother in the Oklahoma area at the time that Floyd appeared with Sharon. DNA testing of members of Rhonda's family is pending.

Did anything come of the Rhonda Moore lead?

03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Now with more searching I found the old Rhonda Moore/Melissa Headley, Missing-??? thread in the archives, it seems Shelsearay was helping with it but I think she is one of the posters who is no longer with us due to the big blow up on the SM forum.
So, back to square one.

christine2448
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm sure it is somewhere, do we know where Floyd was in Sept - Oct of 1973?

eta: found this in the archives:
1973-Floyd is released from prison and completes his probation; he promply attempts to kidnap a young woman from an Atlanta gas station. Prior to his June court appearance, he goes into hiding.
1974-Floyd is known to be working in the Oklahoma City school system as a custodian.
1975-Floyd, using the alias Trenton Davis, enrolls his "daughter", Suzanne, in school.

1997-2005-Floyd is convicted of the murder of Cheryl Ann Comesso, largely due to the photo evidence. Several appeals fail. Floyd is senteced to death in 2002. The FBI, local departments, and many private indiviudals attempt to find Sharon's real identity. The NCMEC spearheads several DNA tests with other missing girls, all negative. In 2004, Matt Birkbeck publishes A Beautiful Child, detailing the Sharon Marshall story. The only remaining possiblity being checked at this point is the possiblity that a young girl, known as Rhonda Moore, was adopted out by her abusive mother in the Oklahoma area at the time that Floyd appeared with Sharon. DNA testing of members of Rhonda's family is pending.

Did anything come of the Rhonda Moore lead?

I know that there was one 'blank' in the timeline that the girls who used to post here and opened a private forum for this case(they have done an AMAZING job sleuthing this case) worked hard on...don't know if this was the time you mention(I have it home in my SM notebook, if you were to email me, I could try and find it later, the dates where the timeline was not complete)..I am not sure they ever filled in that time.

Anyone?

christine2448
03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Found it, and now I remember ;)

Poppypetals wrote this:

Does anyone know what halfway house Floyd was released to when he got out of the federal penitentiary in 1973 ?

After his arrest for kidnapping, he was bailed out of jail by his friend, we know this from ABC. His friend was living at 48 Franklin rd. in Newnan, GA at this time. I suppose you could all use that as a starting point.

I called the Penn here in ATL and a gaurd offered me help, but I needed his inmate # or ss, I didn't have either.....I finally got his SS#, but then the next 2 times I called couldn't get anyone to help...kinda lost track after this. I think that's around the time I was banned from the other site, LOL. They may have taken it from there, not sure. I backed off then...too much drama, not enough focus on Sharon's identity at the time.

IIRC, his trail (at the time I was working on this) went cold when he left the Penn, we were trying to figure out which 1/2way house he went to fill in that part of the timeline and when he possibly could have 'aquired' Sharon.

03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
I know that there was one 'blank' in the timeline that the girls who used to post here and opened a private forum for this case(they have done an AMAZING job sleuthing this case) worked hard on...don't know if this was the time you mention(I have it home in my SM notebook, if you were to email me, I could try and find it later, the dates where the timeline was not complete)..I am not sure they ever filled in that time.

Anyone?

I think it falls during that time Christine, the 1 1/2 to 2 years after he was released and appeared in OKC with her.
I don't find Rhonda Moore or Melissa Headley in the NCMEC. You'd think they would have put her in if it turned out to be a valid story?

I found this as well:
January 1973 - Floyd dissappears - it is later found out that he bunks with David Dial, assumes the alias Daniel Pittman and begins working for AVIS Car Rentals.

I have been out of the loop for too long on it, I took a hiatus from WS for about a year and it turns out I wasn't on during the whole fiasco that happened....... now, trying to get back into it and it seems not much more progress has been made, sadly.

03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Found it, and now I remember ;)

Poppypetals wrote this:

I called the Penn here in ATL and a gaurd offered me help, but I needed his inmate # or ss, I didn't have either.....I finally got his SS#, but then the next 2 times I called couldn't get anyone to help...kinda lost track after this. I think that's around the time I was banned from the other site, LOL. They may have taken it from there, not sure. I backed off then...too much drama, not enough focus on Sharon's identity at the time.

IIRC, his trail (at the time I was working on this) went cold when he left the Penn, we were trying to figure out which 1/2way house he went to fill in that part of the timeline and when he possibly could have 'aquired' Sharon.

Thanks, my whole reason for asking is that Christina and her mom were living in Alabama- a stones throw away from Georgia.

Hopes are rising, hate to get them up though.

christine2448
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks, my whole reason for asking is that Christina and her mom were living in Alabama- a stones throw away from Georgia.

Hopes are rising, hate to get them up though.

Isn't a poster here talking to the family? I think DNA has been done? Just waiting results? Or am I crossing cases in my mind?

03-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Isn't a poster here talking to the family? I think DNA has been done? Just waiting results? Or am I crossing cases in my mind?

No, you're not crossing cases, it is the one they are waiting for results on, she seems to be the closest we have come to a match in a long time......raindrops300 is in contact with Christina's cousin.

christine2448
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
No, you're not crossing cases, it is the one they are waiting for results on, she seems to be the closest we have come to a match in a long time......raindrops300 is in contact with Christina's cousin.

Wonderful...so we are now just wtg then. Thanks.

03-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Wonderful...so we are now just wtg then. Thanks.
well, it seems dna hasn't been taken yet from Christina's dad and grandmother, so I guess it's a hurry up and wait situation........http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61845

raindrops300
03-19-2008, 06:31 PM

MartieLee that posts on here is Christina's cousin. This is how I know who she is. I think this match is a good possibility....

smile22
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
lets hope so i know when all the drama went down Matt b was tracking down a lead or something its mentioned in the archives or something about it and a former poster who was baned at that time dont remember all the details. that was around the time one of the former posters was sending mail to flyod in prison and he was writing back nonsense stuff that made no sense. i think that was when the fourm on sm was still around and then the blow up happened and she was moved back to cold cases regular thread

NewMom2003
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone! Glad to see a new thread for Sharon.

Smile - was that the Lori Peugot lead? I'm thinking it was but I could be wrong.

NewMom2003
03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
moving from the closed thread so it is fresh on the minds of our posters :)

Thanks for the pics jodieo! I see a resemblance. I also see a resemblance with Michael Hughes.

I hope this is the answer so many are waiting for.

NewMom2003
03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I keep looking at Christina's nose and comparing it to Sharon's in the picture where she is sitting on Floyd's lap. There is something about it that IMO looks like so much like Sharon's nose.

Does anyone else see that? Or am I just wishing and hoping here?

03-20-2008, 01:24 PM
I keep looking at Christina's nose and comparing it to Sharon's in the picture where she is sitting on Floyd's lap. There is something about it that IMO looks like so much like Sharon's nose.

Does anyone else see that? Or am I just wishing and hoping here?

I see it NM, also her hair, the bangs- same type of cut from the crown, the chin, so many similarities.......

FLMom
03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
RE: "The Fiasco" (as one eloquent poster named it)

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now. I hold Sharon's case very close to my heart. It started years ago with the Unsolved Mysteries episode, and it's also how I ended up here at Websleuths. I posted a few times over at Matt Birkbeck's old forum before it disappeared. I was absolutely positive it was Cynthia Sumpter. . . was the first time I ever posted a side-by-side comparison in a forum. . I was that sure.

I just wanted to throw out some words of accolades and encouragement for those of you that keep Sharon's story alive. FDF is never going to come off any information. . . that we know. Despite the drama and undercurrents of ugly, you guys have kept on going for Sharon and Michael like the Energizer bunny. For that, I sincerely thank you. I got nosy yesterday and went back to the archives of the Jury Room to find out what the heck happened way back when. The fact that ya'll are still here doing what you do just goes to show why WS has the reputation it so much deserves.

Thank you posters for keeping Sharon alive in the memories of those that want to know the truth for her. :blowkiss:

Lanie
03-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I haven't read the book, but read all the threads. Something that caught my eye was the discrepancies in Sharon's age.

Her birthdate was supposed to be Oct? 1967. (I realize this is probably made up from a tombstone a name was taken from, but bear with me...)

She was enrolled in first grade? in 1975. That would make her almost 8 years old.

She then gave birth in 1988 at the age of 17. That would place her birth at 1970, 1971.

That's a difference of 3 to 4 years. I can see how it wouldn't be so noticable later in life, but there is a big difference between say a 5 year old vs. an 8 year old, especially to the trained eyes of school faculty, who deal with kids all day, every day.

I had a theory last night before I got finished with the threads today and read about Christine Carter. I think there is a high possibility Sharon was with a good mother, the mother was killed, and Sharon was kidnapped. The reason so many years have gone by with no connection may be because even though woman is killed and child is missing, child is presumed dead, and everyone 'knows' who killed the mother. I just don't think she was sold. Considering everything she went through, she still seems, from all that I have read, reasonably well-adjusted. Michael, on the other hand, having been raised from birth with sicko Floyd, was pretty messed up by the time he made it to foster care. I just don't think Sharon would have coped as well as she did without some kind of stable foundation. I was going to suggest looking into cases where both mothers and small daughters disappeared, and daughter was never found.

I don't know if Christine will turn out to be Sharon, but I see a resemblance, and if not, I still think if her identity is ever found, it will turn out to be something like this. I think Floyd either killed her mother himself, or knew for a fact she was dead.

Lanie

raindrops300
03-20-2008, 07:27 PM
MartieLee that posts on here is Christina's cousin. This is how I know who she is. I think this match is a good possibility....

Quoting myself to add that CuriousInAtlanta is the one to be credited with the contact with Christina's family...

thefragile7393
03-21-2008, 06:54 PM
If this lead dosn't pan out....perhaps trying Rhonda Moore...except she seems to not be listed anywhere? The story seems very much like what could have happened....except she dosn't seem to be listed anywhere.

I just hope that she's not one of those kids that don't get listed for whatever reason but are indeed missing. I've said in one of the previous threads....he was supremely confident he would not get caught...he had pictures taken of her, with her, allowed her to attend public schools.

Tuffy101
03-21-2008, 09:12 PM

The book said that Blood and Hair was taken at the time of the autopsey....and dna was attained from the harvesting and was given to NCMEC some time ago ......as well as DNA gatherd from Oklahoma for Michael.....

laini
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I haven't read the book, but read all the threads. Something that caught my eye was the discrepancies in Sharon's age.

Her birthdate was supposed to be Oct? 1967. (I realize this is probably made up from a tombstone a name was taken from, but bear with me...)

She was enrolled in first grade? in 1975. That would make her almost 8 years old.

She then gave birth in 1988 at the age of 17. That would place her birth at 1970, 1971.

That's a difference of 3 to 4 years. I can see how it wouldn't be so noticable later in life, but there is a big difference between say a 5 year old vs. an 8 year old, especially to the trained eyes of school faculty, who deal with kids all day, every day.

I had a theory last night before I got finished with the threads today and read about Christine Carter. I think there is a high possibility Sharon was with a good mother, the mother was killed, and Sharon was kidnapped. The reason so many years have gone by with no connection may be because even though woman is killed and child is missing, child is presumed dead, and everyone 'knows' who killed the mother. I just don't think she was sold. Considering everything she went through, she still seems, from all that I have read, reasonably well-adjusted. Michael, on the other hand, having been raised from birth with sicko Floyd, was pretty messed up by the time he made it to foster care. I just don't think Sharon would have coped as well as she did without some kind of stable foundation. I was going to suggest looking into cases where both mothers and small daughters disappeared, and daughter was never found.

I don't know if Christine will turn out to be Sharon, but I see a resemblance, and if not, I still think if her identity is ever found, it will turn out to be something like this. I think Floyd either killed her mother himself, or knew for a fact she was dead.

Lanie

Hi Lanie, from laini

I don't have anything to add really, except those are good ideas and points. The last time I read Matt's book was awhile ago. I think I need to reread it again. The age differences are interesting. Her identity has to be out there somewhere!

anthrobones
03-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sure the answer is no (:/), but are there any front face views of Sharon as a kid for a better comparison to Christina Carter (as opposed to the side view Doe Network has)?

raindrops300
03-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm sure the answer is no (:/), but are there any front face views of Sharon as a kid for a better comparison to Christina Carter (as opposed to the side view Doe Network has)?

I wondered about that also; its seems like at least there should be a school photo somewhere. Maybe they had an elementary yearbook. Has anyone ever looked for one?
I don't believe I have ever seen another photo of her as a kid except that one.

Dr. Doogie
03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
There are evidently others pictures of Sharon as a child, but they are pornographic in nature. From what I understand, they cannot be edited for public release.

The DNA tests will settle this question. As slow as it is, we should wait and rely on those results.

itsreenw
03-25-2008, 02:54 AM
I wondered about that also; its seems like at least there should be a school photo somewhere. Maybe they had an elementary yearbook. Has anyone ever looked for one?
I don't believe I have ever seen another photo of her as a kid except that one.I've contacted the school district in OK several times to request pics and any info available about FDF or Sharon. I haven't received a reply.

Kellee
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Does anyone have an idea as to what school she actually attended in OK?

annemc2
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I believe it was Wilson Elem. in OKC.

Tuffy101
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/12/21/State/Box_of_murder_evidenc.shtml
New info about Floyd and the box that was stolen in Nov.2007

Anita Richman
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!! "DHL offered the court $100." :rolleyes:

Dr. Doogie
03-27-2008, 06:12 PM
From a logical standpoint, copies of the missing photo are all over the internet, so unless FDF's claims have to do with something along the line of fingerprints on the original, it should not effect his appeal. That is, if logic ever comes into play in the legal system.

The sad fact is, either way, Floyd is going to avoid getting a needle in his arm as the consequence of his miserable life. He will die of old age in prison. And to the end, this idiot will be braying about his innocence and how he was framed. Somehow, I don't think that Hell will be nearly as concerned about this scumbag's rights as we here on Earth seem to have been.

03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I just can't believe after all these years that Floyd still hasn't confessed or at least given a solid clue to who Sharon really was. Will it be one of the death bed confessions, trying to save his soul? I am keeping my hopes up that the Christine link pans out, I hope they don't get shot down again.

anthrobones
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
"There are evidently others pictures of Sharon as a child, but they are pornographic in nature. From what I understand, they cannot be edited for public release."

Obviously I certainly did not mean those kind. I was just wondering if there had been any that wouldn't make me go "EWWW!"

thefragile7393
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I just can't believe after all these years that Floyd still hasn't confessed or at least given a solid clue to who Sharon really was. Will it be one of the death bed confessions, trying to save his soul? I am keeping my hopes up that the Christine link pans out, I hope they don't get shot down again.
Oh no way. No way in the world. He LOVES sticking it to everyone and he thinks he's innocent of everything. He's the victim in his mind. No, there will be no confession of anything....that's not him.

Sable
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I ran across this last night. I haven't been able to find a picture or even a description of the girl. I'll keep looking though.

http://archive.herefordtimes.com/2002/8/1/45675.html
Police end house search

From the archive, first published Thursday 1st Aug 2002.
DETECTIVES searching for the body of Gillian Carr are considering their next move after calling off a search inside a house at No 1 Purland, Ross-on-Wye.
A detailed search headed by forensic experts failed to find a trace of the young girl, born in 1966, who police believe went missing between 1973 and 1975.

Sable
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/england/2138482.stm

Saturday, 20 July, 2002, 10:58 GMT 11:58 UK
Police dig for missing girl

The search of a garden for the body of a girl missing for 30 years is expected to take at least five days.

Police started searching in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, on Friday for the remains of Gillian Carr who disappeared in the mid-1970s.
Her father, Arthur George Carr, was charged with her murder last week and appeared for the first time at Worcester Crown Court on Friday.
West Mercia Police is searching at an address in Purland, Ross-on-Wye, where the Carr family lived before Gillian's disappearance.

Major investigation

The work is being carried out under the guidance of an archaeologist from Birmingham University.

A police spokesman said: "As part of inquiries to trace Gillian, police are carrying out a detailed search of the garden at 1, Purland.
"Gillian is believed to have lived with her family at this address in the early 1970s."
Mr Carr, 60, of Nursery Road, Ross-on-Wye, is also charged with offences of rape and assault.
The prosecution alleges that Gillian Carr was murdered between February 1973 and December 1975. Mr Carr was remanded in custody until 18 October, during a hearing at Worcester Crown Court.

The following two articles I could only get part of:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-89649902.html

Father convicted of 30-year-old killing

From: Birmingham Post Date: January 22, 2004 Author: Sarah Probert More results for: "Arthur George Carr" (http://www.highbeam.com/Search.aspx?q=%22Arthur+George+Carr%22) | Copyright information (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-89649902.html#) Provided by ProQuest LLC. Sarah Probert
Birmingham Post
01-22-2004
Detectives yesterday welcomed the conviction of a man who killed his young daughter in the mid-1970s before dumping her body in a river.

West Mercia Police said they were pleased a jury had convicted Arthur George Carr, of Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, of the manslaughter of his daughter Gillian despite the fact her body has never been found.

The 62-year-old father-of-seven was jailed for nine years in May last year after the court heard how Gillian, his second daughter, died after he beat her severely between February 1973 and December 1975. Despite extensive police searches, including theexcavation of a garden at the family's former home in The ...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/GetPubLogo.aspx?pub=AP+Worldstream&type=WIRE

Print (http://www.encyclopedia.com/printable.aspx?id=1P1:89622387)
Digg (http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.encyclopedia.com%2fdoc%2f1P1-89622387.html&title=Father+jailed+for+killing+daughter+30+years+ ago&bodytext=%0a%0a%0a%0a%3cBR%3e%3cp%3e%0aAP+Worldstr eam%0a%0a%0a%3cBR%3e%0a01-21-2004%0a%0a%0a%3cBR%3e%0aDateline%3a+LONDON%0a%0a%0 a%3cbr%3eA+British+man+has+been+jailed+nearly+thre e+decades+after+he+killed+his+young+daughter+and+d umped+her+body%2c+court+officials+said+Wednesday.% 0a%0a%0a%3cbr%3e%3cbr%3eArthur+George+Carr%2c+62%2 c+of+Ross-on-Wye+in+western+England+was+jailed+for+nine+years+l ast+May+for+killing+his+daughter+Gillian...)
del.icio.us (http://del.icio.us/post)AP Worldstream
01-21-2004
Dateline: LONDON
A British man has been jailed nearly three decades after he killed his young daughter and dumped her body, court officials said Wednesday.

Arthur George Carr, 62, of Ross-on-Wye in western England was jailed for nine years last May for killing his daughter Gillian some time between February 1973 and December 1975, when she was aged 7 to 9. Despite intensive police searches, her body has never been found.

The news of Carr's conviction was made public on ...

Apparently there was a convicted killer in GA with the last name Carr that has been put to death. Don't know if there's any connection between the executed killer and Gillian.
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/carr948.htm

Sable
04-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyone think this missing girl is worth looking into as a possible match for Sharon?
Herefordshire (http://www.herefordtimes.com/) | Archive (http://64.233.167.104/) | 2002 (http://64.233.167.104/2002/) | July (http://64.233.167.104/2002/7/) | 11 (http://64.233.167.104/2002/7/11/)
Ross man denies 1970s murder of own daughter

From the archive, first published Thursday 11th Jul 2002.
A ROSS-ON-WYE man has been charged with the murder of his young daughter 30 years ago.
Arthur George Carr, aged 60, of Nursery Road, pleaded not guilty at Hereford Magistrates Court yesterday to the murder of Gillian Maria Carr, sometime between February 1973 and December 1975.
A body has not been found.
Gillian was born on September 22, 1966, in Pembrokeshire.
The Carr family was living in Camp Road in Ross at the time of the alleged murder.
Carr also denied a charge that he attempted to pervert the Herefordshire coroner from holding an inquest in the view that Gillian had died.
Packed courtroom
He also denied nine counts of rape and three assaults.
Carr, who is currently unemployed, remained seated throughout the half-hour hearing in packed Courtroom Three at Hereford.
He was represented by Hereford solicitor Anthony Weston.
Prosecuting on behalf of the Crown was Julian Harris.
Chairman of the bench Gillian Sevenoaks remanded Carr in custody to appear at Worcester Crown Court on Friday, July 19.
He was led from the court handcuffed to two security guards. Reporting restrictions were not lifted.
Archive Home (http://64.233.167.104/)
From the archive
http://www.herefordtimes.com
© Newsquest Media Group 2002

hotmomma35
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I really believe when this is all said and done. Dial is gonna turn out to be sharons real father.Thats why no one is looking for her and also dial and fdf seem to be the only ones that know whats going on. I Think thats the reason dial said no one is looking for her. He probably gave sharon to floyd or traded her for something dial had on him or for him.The mother may be dead or long gone and was never in the picture w/ sharon. Maybe fdf knows that dial killed the mother and holds that on dial. Are fdf made a deal that he would kill her mom for dial or help him w/ the act. I bet you that is the whole story. There is a picture of dial in the prison photos and dial looks so much like sharon. they could definitly pass for blood relatives.thats just my opinion.

Sable
04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I think the reason the police aren't looking for Sharon's real identity, is because the police know FDF kidnapped her and, since he's already on death row, they probably don't feel the need to spend the time or money to find her real identity or try to convict him of kidnapping her. They already have him on death row, nobody seems to be looking for her. Maybe if the loss of evidence in the Comesso case gets him off death row, there will be a renewed interest in finding out who she was and whether FDF really did kill her.

Also wanted to mention something I learned last night... If the red paint chips that were found when Sharon was hit show the color of primer, it could be possible to determine if the vehicle was a Ford, Dodge, Chevy, etc. The different companies use different color primers. Oh, and I'm sure other tests could be run to determine what color red the paint was and compare that to which companies use that specific shade of red. Also, by looking at where the injuries were on her body (i.e. higher or lower), they could possibly determine if the vehicle was a car or truck. If the vehicle left skid marks, the rubber could be used to narrow down the type or brand of tire.

Gina_M
04-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone think this missing girl is worth looking into as a possible match for Sharon?

I'm trying to find a picture...no luck so far.

Cubby
04-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Herefordshire (http://www.herefordtimes.com/) | Archive (http://64.233.167.104/) | 2002 (http://64.233.167.104/2002/) | July (http://64.233.167.104/2002/7/) | 11 (http://64.233.167.104/2002/7/11/)
Ross man denies 1970s murder of own daughter

From the archive, first published Thursday 11th Jul 2002.
A ROSS-ON-WYE man has been charged with the murder of his young daughter 30 years ago.
Arthur George Carr, aged 60, of Nursery Road, pleaded not guilty at Hereford Magistrates Court yesterday to the murder of Gillian Maria Carr, sometime between February 1973 and December 1975.
A body has not been found.
Gillian was born on September 22, 1966, in Pembrokeshire.
The Carr family was living in Camp Road in Ross at the time of the alleged murder.
Carr also denied a charge that he attempted to pervert the Herefordshire coroner from holding an inquest in the view that Gillian had died.
Packed courtroom
He also denied nine counts of rape and three assaults.
Carr, who is currently unemployed, remained seated throughout the half-hour hearing in packed Courtroom Three at Hereford.
He was represented by Hereford solicitor Anthony Weston.
Prosecuting on behalf of the Crown was Julian Harris.
Chairman of the bench Gillian Sevenoaks remanded Carr in custody to appear at Worcester Crown Court on Friday, July 19.
He was led from the court handcuffed to two security guards. Reporting restrictions were not lifted.
Archive Home (http://64.233.167.104/)
From the archive
http://www.herefordtimes.com
Newsquest Media Group 2002

How would she have gotten across the pond from England to the states?
Did floyd have any known associates overseas? I think I would put this by the wayside unless any links exist between floyd and someone in England.

jmo though.

Cubby
04-05-2008, 03:57 AM
I really believe when this is all said and done. Dial is gonna turn out to be sharons real father.Thats why no one is looking for her and also dial and fdf seem to be the only ones that know whats going on. I Think thats the reason dial said no one is looking for her. He probably gave sharon to floyd or traded her for something dial had on him or for him.The mother may be dead or long gone and was never in the picture w/ sharon. Maybe fdf knows that dial killed the mother and holds that on dial. Are fdf made a deal that he would kill her mom for dial or help him w/ the act. I bet you that is the whole story. There is a picture of dial in the prison photos and dial looks so much like sharon. they could definitly pass for blood relatives.thats just my opinion.

I don't remember what dial looks like. Could be, but couldn't they do a dna test with another relative of dials and see if she was related?

smile22
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
why has no one looked into the dial connection possible relation to her if dial was her father then the question would remain who is her mother if dial were to be given a dna test and refused they we would know he was the father of sharon

imthemom
04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
why has no one looked into the dial connection possible relation to her if dial was her father then the question would remain who is her mother if dial were to be given a dna test and refused they we would know he was the father of sharon

Sorry to jump in here, I have been lurking. I have read the book and almost every post. I think Dial's sister or wife or someone was tested. Am I confusing with someone else?

StealthTheory
04-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Sharon had two(that I remember) children before her last, that she adopted out. One is found, was tested against her blood and confirmed to be her daughter.
I feel very morbid suggesting this, but does anyone think if her children contacted FDF through letter or visiting he may relent and tell Sharon's story? I am not suggesting FDF has anything resembling a normal conscience, but I still think Sharon's children could trigger him somehow.
They're adults now, so it would be up to them. They could also ask if he knows who their father's are

04-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Sharon had two(that I remember) children before her last, that she adopted out. One is found, was tested against her blood and confirmed to be her daughter.
I feel very morbid suggesting this, but does anyone think if her children contacted FDF through letter or visiting he may relent and tell Sharon's story? I am not suggesting FDF has anything resembling a normal conscience, but I still think Sharon's children could trigger him somehow.
They're adults now, so it would be up to them. They could also ask if he knows who their father's are

what's really sad is that HE could be their father........

Cubby
04-06-2008, 03:14 PM

"grandpa floyd"? by no means am I dismissing your suggestions, but I doubt floyd would have any concerns. He has no family to speak of aside from those who he feels bitterness towards, it's unlikely he would step to the plate to honor his name and heritage.
No. Floyd would just get more kicks from Sharons offspring contacting him... His two minutes of flexing his arms and in a few years with technology he blends into the tens of thousands who just fell into who could not overcome their circumstances... Floyd can't beat the clock of technology but will spend his final years betting he can.

StealthTheory
04-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Yes, it's not something I suggest lightly. I certainly don't think he'd reveal anything on purpose. I just think someone like Sharon's children contacting him might surprise him so much, he much reveal something accidentally. Also, he definitely felt he owned Sharon completely, in everyway, I think that feeling might extend to her children. That need to try exert influence on them might make him slip up. I'm just thinking out loud here really.

Boyz_Mum
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Did Sharon have 3 babies? One that was adopted and located, Michael who is still missing and a 3rd that no one has been able to find? I am going on memory, my book is gone and haven't purchased it again.

Gina_M
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Did Sharon have 3 babies? One that was adopted and located, Michael who is still missing and a 3rd that no one has been able to find? I am going on memory, my book is gone and haven't purchased it again.

Yes, she had three - one boy who was adopted out, then Michael, then the third - a girl who was raised by a loving adoptive family. She was recently located and submitted DNA.

04-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, she had three - one boy who was adopted out, then Michael, then the third - a girl who was raised by a loving adoptive family. She was recently located and submitted DNA.

If memory serves, didn't the girl read the book with her mom and then they contacted Matt? Too much info to keep it all straight anymore.

ETA- I also agree with Cubby, one day technology will catch up with Floyd and I can only hope it is in his lifetime so he can pay for what he did to Sharon.

smile22
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
If memory serves, didn't the girl read the book with her mom and then they contacted Matt? Too much info to keep it all straight anymore.

ETA- I also agree with Cubby, one day technology will catch up with Floyd and I can only hope it is in his lifetime so he can pay for what he did to Sharon.

yes they did and they wanted to put the dna question to rest about the blood that was on file a match between the now teenager and sharon.

i have been thinking a lot what if floyd got sharon from a inmate in prison like dial? or someone else who ended up dying

gaia227
04-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I have been toying with the idea lately that the acquisition of Sharon was part of a deal. Perhaps she was traded by someone, like Dial, for drugs, money or a favor. Perhaps this person wanted their wife or whoever Sharon's mother was killed and as 'payment' Frank was able to take Sharon as his own personal toy. Disgusting, I know, but when you dealing with these kinds of people nothing seems too far-fetched.

queenie
04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any ideas about where the first child was adopted and has anyone found any information about where that child is today? Does the first boy know about the book, since the daughter found out, maybe he know also.

Gina_M
04-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Does anyone have any ideas about where the first child was adopted and has anyone found any information about where that child is today? Does the first boy know about the book, since the daughter found out, maybe he know also.

According to a letter Sharon sent to her friend Jennifer, the first boy was adopted by a family in Texas. Not sure if Matt or the FBI was able to find out anything further than that.

Anita Richman
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I am currently reading Matt's book...it is difficult to put down.

I haven't gotten to this point (if it's mentioned in the book) or read it here, but is there any chance that Sharon could have been one of the orphans from the Baptist home that Floyd came from? He wrote to the director as an adult (from prison) and lived nearby for awhile. Due to all of the abuse and mistreatment that apparently went on at the home, perhaps the powers that be wouldn't report one of their orphans "missing".

04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I am currently reading Matt's book...it is difficult to put down.

I haven't gotten to this point (if it's mentioned in the book) or read it here, but is there any chance that Sharon could have been one of the orphans from the Baptist home that Floyd came from? He wrote to the director as an adult (from prison) and lived nearby for awhile. Due to all of the abuse and mistreatment that apparently went on at the home, perhaps the powers that be wouldn't report one of their orphans "missing".

By '73 when Floyd was released from prison, the children's home had moved from Hapeville to Palmetto. It has been brought up a few times in the past. At one time Matt mentioned LE thought she may have been kidnapped from a Georgia mall. Not sure if anything ever panned out on that one.

Anita Richman
04-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Jodieo. Having just finished the book, I see they had several possible matches.

Does anyone know, if when Sharon's adopted daughter was located and submitted her dna, did they check it against the blood/hair samples the Oklahoma City police had? From reading the book, I see that the samples were (are) suspect. I was also wondering if there has been any further comparison of the Denman's dna vs Sharon's daughter's?

I know I am coming into this case years after the rest of you...the mystery is just baffling!

Dr. Doogie
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I believe that all of the possible matches listed in the book have been ruled out by DNA.

04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Please Continue Here

This is the link to Part 1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41673)

Link to Part 2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48515)

Here is the link to the archived threads (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)

Thanks, Jodieo. Having just finished the book, I see they had several possible matches.

Does anyone know, if when Sharon's adopted daughter was located and submitted her dna, did they check it against the blood/hair samples the Oklahoma City police had? From reading the book, I see that the samples were (are) suspect. I was also wondering if there has been any further comparison of the Denman's dna vs Sharon's daughter's?

I know I am coming into this case years after the rest of you...the mystery is just baffling!

If you ever have the time Anita the links from page one in Christine's post are chock full of info on the case.
I can't recall, without going back to dig myself, if they ever did compare them to the Denman's but the DNA at OKC has been confirmed as hers. Best of luck if you jump into the archives :blowkiss:

Mr. E
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM

I think the samples have been checked against one of her adopted-out children, and they proved to be valid.

Anita Richman
04-10-2008, 11:23 PM
I think the samples have been checked against one of her adopted-out children, and they proved to be valid.

Thank you all for the responses! I see, from the voluminous archives on this case, that I will have to set aside a weekend just to read all the info here.

I would love it if her real identity was found out, and Michael's body were recovered before that pos Floyd dies.

04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Do we know why the forums on Matt's site have disappeared? Were they just not utilized enough?

thefragile7393
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Do we know why the forums on Matt's site have disappeared? Were they just not utilized enough?
I've been wondering the same thing. I wonder if it had to do with the fiasco that happened over here before I joined this forum.

dottierainbow
04-16-2008, 07:17 PM
I believe you hit the nail on the head.
I have much respect for Matt.

I've been wondering the same thing. I wonder if it had to do with the fiasco that happened over here before I joined this forum.

04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Ahhhh, I didn't even think about that.
I was MIA during the whole fiasco and don't know quite what all happened and don't really want to to be honest.
I'm sure Matt has had to deal with quite a few nutsy people during the course of trying to find out Sharon's true identity. Much respect here too, I sure would not have the patience for people.

J. Brannagh
04-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Sleuthers !

I'm sorry if someone already asked this question... but has Sharon's daughter's DNA ever been tested against Floyd's to rule out that he is her natural father?

Or has it already been established that he is not...

I read the book and have been reading the threads here at WS but my mind is a sieve!!!

Has anyone heard if there is any news lately on Matt's trying to check a DNA match for Sharon and Christina Lynn Carter??

Tuffy101
05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Can someone provide a link to where Old Floyd is at ....I would like to see if anything concerning Floyd has changed.

Matt Birkbeck
05-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I still check in from time to time and glad to see the continued interest.
To answer a couple of questions, I had to close down my forum after my webmaster told me it was hacked repeatedly. Not sure by who or why. Could have been pranksters. Have no idea.
And yes, the NCMEC is working to see if Christina Carter is a possible link to Sharon. Will keep you posted.

Boyz_Mum
05-05-2008, 06:26 AM
To answer a couple of questions, I had to close down my forum after my webmaster told me it was hacked repeatedly. Not sure by who or why. Could have been pranksters. Have no idea.
And yes, the NCMEC is working to see if Christina Carter is a possible link to Sharon. Will keep you posted.

Thank you for the information.

dottierainbow
05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Thank you Matt. What other projects are you now working on?

Anita Richman
05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Matt. What other projects are you now working on?
I'd like to know as well..."A beautiful child" was wonderfully written.

J. Brannagh
05-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Thank you Matt for getting back to us and letting us know what's going on... I'm so glad it hasn't fallen through the cracks.

I read your book and it was so well done. You really get invested in Sharon. I hope that someday we can all know who she was. Thank you for writing it!!

christine2448
05-07-2008, 08:15 AM

Thanks, please keep everyone updated. We all appreciate it so much.

Matt Birkbeck
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
For those who have asked, I have a new book out later this year called "DECONSTRUCTING SAMMY: Music, Money, Madness, and the Mob."
It tells the remarkable true story of the events that transpired following the death of Sammy Davis, Jr., who died in 1990 near bankruptcy with debts that totaled $15 million. Amazing story, with many new revelations about Sammy, Sinatra, the mob, Kennedy and others.
It will be published Sept. 1 by Amistad/Harper Collins. It's available for pre-order on all the usual websites, including Amazon and BN.Com.

thefragile7393
05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
The new book sounds fascinating!!!!

No, there will always be interest in Sharon.....there will always be people who care for her :)

dottierainbow
05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Looking forward to reading it!
For those who have asked, I have a new book out later this year called "DECONSTRUCTING SAMMY: Music, Money, Madness, and the Mob."
It tells the remarkable true story of the events that transpired following the death of Sammy Davis, Jr., who died in 1990 near bankruptcy with debts that totaled $15 million. Amazing story, with many new revelations about Sammy, Sinatra, the mob, Kennedy and others.
It will be published Sept. 1 by Amistad/Harper Collins. It's available for pre-order on all the usual websites, including Amazon and BN.Com.

J. Brannagh
06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Still Crossing my fingers that there is a match for Christina Lynn Carter!!

(Bump)

becklynn
06-09-2008, 03:23 AM
I still wonder if they have dna from Tampa General and the other hospital. One could match and the other could be bad. Tampa General is where they have cut off the wrong leg a few times. I had a child there and they had the birth certificate wrong and I broke my ribs and the nurses denied everything. It is a terible hospital with roaches that get into your water glass and nurses that yell at you. They do an awful bookkeeping job. I wish I had sued them.

anthrobones
06-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I think they retrieved DNA from an adopted daughter.

not_my_kids
06-23-2008, 04:52 AM
First off, hello, WS finally let me join. YAY! OK, now moving along. I have been very interseted in the Sharon Marshall case for a very long time. I recently resubmitted the tip about the paint Tarp Jane Doe in CT and the possible connecton to Sharon. I truly apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes. It was just something that I felt needed to be followed up on. :clap:to the person that caught it in the first place. I have gotten all the info that I could about the case off line before asking for help. But I have hit a roadblock, and I need help from anyone that might have more info than I do. Does anyone have a list even a partial list of vehicles that FDF had access to or owned? I am expecially interested in knowing if he ever owned a beige or light colored full size station wagon. Just following a lead and if anything more can be wrung out of it, I swear I'll share, i just don't want to make an arse of myself on the very first post. Although I should get used to it, I make an arse of myself quite regularly. Any info at all would be appreciated. I combed the back forums and couldn't find anything about vehicles.

not_my_kids
06-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Just a few questions about the widely publicized photo of Sharon at about 5-6 years old that show both her and Floyd sitting for the camera. First off, is she sitting on a flat surface or on his lap? if we could answer that it would go a long way to figuring out exactly how tall she was. That could help. Secondly, does anyone notice how (same photo) on the side of her head, her bangs don't sit right, they want to fluff away from the side and toward the front. Her ahir is not used to being in that style, I'll bet that Sharon Marshall never had bangs for a day in her life before he got hold of her. Otherwise her hair would sit more naturally in that style. Am I way off base here or does that seem to make sense to anyone else?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/8ufok.html Link to the picture although I know we've all seen it already.

gaia227
06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Welcome to Websleuths Not_My_Kids! I have been interested in Sharon for a long time too. While I do not have any answers to your questions I wanted to comment on your observations.
The photo; I always felt that she was sitting on his knee/lap. Judging by the positioning of their bodies I really don't think she is sitting on the chair or bench in front of him. That posture is pretty indicitive of someone sitting on a lap. That is just my opinion of course. We can find out how tall FDF is and get a pretty rough estimate as to Sharon's height.
Her bangs have always bothered me too. There is something unnatural about them. I have spent many of lingering seconds looking at them. I have always gotten the feeling they were freshly cut and you may very well be right that she had never had bangs before and her hair was fighting it natural part. I have toyed with the idea that is a wig she is wearing. She certainly looks uncomfortable.

We know a lot of the aliases FDF used over the years. You may be able to find out what kind of cars he had by looking him up through the DMV under his real and fake names. I think in A Beautiful Child a specific car is mentioned but I will have to look.

Once again welcome and if you need help with anything just let me know.

Tuffy101
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Would like to get my input to some of the questions asked :
and my observation o the photo:
The book states near the end that when her re:sharon marshall body was arrvested
the lab doing that gave her DNA.....to NCMEC.....
The photo .....I think was superinposed.....look how large te little grils head is....conparied to the mans head....much to large....
blowing that photo to as large as you can then zome in to her eyes....there appers to be some other substance there.....and no space ....indicating her eyes where tapped in that poston....is the only thing I can think of or her eye shap was arranged different and that is what that materal is.....also floyds eyes have been altered....maybe to take out an inperfecton.....????? looking at other photos of floyds....one can see that this photo was altered......so will guess sharons was also.....

Tuffy101
06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Also in photos when she is older doing her own hair.....she has bangs ither brushed back or down on er forehead......conparing those with the setting on lab photo.....someone cut her bangs very short for a reaso......

anthrobones
06-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know how to superimpose photos? Is it possible to superimpose a photo of Sharon with the one of Christina?

gaia227
06-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Once again I will have to look in the book (if I can find it) but didn't Birkbeck interview the photographer who took that photo of FDF and Sharon? He said Sharon was really quiet and subdued. I never thought about the pic being superimposed before.

Anthro - off topic but are you a Physical Anthropologist? Curious because my mom has her PHD in Anthropology, worked on some sites in Israel, Oman and Yemen and now she teaches. I was an Anthro student when I was in college.

not_my_kids
06-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks Gaia. Has anyone considered the possibility of Katherine Lyons even though she was older than Sharon was thought to be. There are a lot of ways to make a child look younger than they are. I know that it would have been difficult to control a 10 year old, but if she watched him kill her sister Sheila, who went missing with her, then that would have traumatized her and possibly even regressed her. Here, pictures of her and her sister and a composite of the suspect that does not look much like FDF at the time, but does look like him as he got older. Go figure.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/65dfmd.html This is the page for Katherine Lyons, and it has the suspect sketch at the bottom.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/64dfmd.html This is her sister Sheila's page.
I know that there are a lot of things that don't add up in this one, but for some reason this grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

not_my_kids
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
She's more than subdued in that photo, she's...blank. That is a highly traumatized child right there.

Tuffy101
06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Looking at this close up you can see the fine hairs....from cutting hair .....jagged edges...
still the eyes in both look altered some how as always concerned me of the shin to the side of Sharon Marshall eyes.

not_my_kids
06-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Call me crazy, but her eyes almost look greenish in the shot of her on his lap and not only do her eyes seem to be the wrong shape, they seem to be watering. Look at the bottom of the eye that is more plainly in view. You can see water at the bottom, or at least some sort of watery substance. Not to mention, I think he reshaped her nose. If you look at how wide the one nostril is, it not only looks wrong for the shape of her nose, it looks unnatural. I tried it earlier today and you can completely alter the shape of your nose by shoving a cotton ball up there. For the record, you can also breathe through it and it makes your eyes water.
Turns out, if anyone has a stupid experiment they would like done, I'm the one to call.

Tuffy101
06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
While I enlarged the photo I noticed somethings about OLD FLOYD'S photo compared to when he is older.....you notice anything.....?
I feel she was holding back her tears....and that enlarged her noise....
Can we talk about the photo its self.....
Have you ever wondered why that Photo was taken in the first Place....
law-enforcement speculated it was to establish himself as her father....
another speculating cloud be......That Photo was used to black-mail the parents ......
could you imagine getting a photo like that of your Kidnapped child....I mean do this or else
you must recall how Floyd moved around ...Just pick up and go...then put her in school
Ya ! think someone was afraid to do anything so they kept paying....how about Dials statement
Well you don't see her "PHOTO"on any milk cartoons......operative word PHOTO !
Old dial felt safe enough for what ever he knew was going on to make that statement.....Page 278 of the Book ...states that the NCMEC has the Dna
Page 272 of ABC....Sharon Marshall Blood type....is said to be A - Negative....
It has long been established that her eyes where Blue.....The look of green eyes may be another .....simple clue....that the Photo was changed to hide true Idenity...None the Less with
all the efforts...dosent sound like a plan Kidnapping by some creep with the added motive to rise her....never sounded logical......
this is the last Photo of Sharon Marshal 1990 this is a screen capture with a web cam....form the Court TV episoed about a year ago .

anthrobones
06-25-2008, 11:45 PM
I look at them somewhat zoomed in MS Paint, and they do appear to be green.

Tuffy101
06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I have a friend that has Hazel blue eyes and his where light blue when I met him and
change with his moods....to green....If her eyes where light blue or med.blue and had this hazel effect.....that could be what you see....I agree they apper a greenish/Blue.....
this another screen capture from the Court TV episoed of Sharon ....she is wearing a weding ring so had to be 1989 to 1990

iNTERESTEDWOMAN
06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I have a friend that has Hazel blue eyes and his where light blue when I met him and
change with his moods....to green....If her eyes where light blue or med.blue and had this hazel effect.....that could be what you see....I agree they apper a greenish/Blue.....
this another screen capture from the Court TV episoed of Sharon ....she is wearing a weding ring so had to be 1989 to 1990

I'm not sure that is a wedding ring, the ring is on her middle finger and not her ring finger. She looks young in that photo.

Tuffy101
06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I did not get the time line....I mean I did not get the time line the book says about when she and re:(floyd) were married it said she changed her name to Tonya...and they where married in Lousiania....if I go by the weding ring that photo was taken in 1990....thts by the book and the Court TV episoed....then the Photo of her appering in a car windo...the Court TV with FBI substanuateing it was the last known photo....and was said to be taken very near to her death and what she looked like then....Your guess is good as mine...to why the extreme difference....these are screen captures with my PC camera .....so is the one I am posting with this ......Note:here that "a red" car evidence was found by Oklahoma City Police at the site of the hit and run....the car windo is RED.....she is smileing she knew who was in that car....

not_my_kids
06-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, obviously Franklin had to have someone that was helping him get ID. Birth certificates and such for all the diffierent aliases that they both used. So who's to say that it was just BIRTH certificates? Maybe he also had a contact that could have helped him get a death certificate. Maybe the reason that no one is looking for Sharon is because they were told that their child was dead. And they would have seen all the appropriate paperwork to back it up. Just a possibility. At this point, just about anything is possible.

wv171
06-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't know how common it is..

But my eyes change's colors all the time.

It's drives Dept Of Motor Vehicle's crazy every time they renew my drivers license because my eye color be different.. And no I got like 20/10 or better vision so I never wear glasses or contacts

On a LE Radio NCIC check on myself they have in there system that my eyes changes colors mainly in different season's of the year.. But different weather or sunlight will do it all so

anthrobones
06-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, anyone know whose Social Security #'s they used? Did they steal these from random people? I thought I remembered something about getting names off of tombstones, but what about other info to go with those names? Birth dates? SS #? Etc?

anthrobones
06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Was Karen Tompkins ruled out as having anything to do with this case?

not_my_kids
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Anthrbones, I do not know for sure, but I think it is highly unusual that both Karen Tompkins and Anne Marie Burr, ( I believe that was her name) both went misiing during the time that FDF and the other parolee were breaking their parole...to go hunting...I think they went hunting all right, I think they hunted all the way up the West Coast, to Washington, where they got the Burr girl and then snatched Tompkins on the way back. I have my own timeline of possible other victims of FDF and both these girls fit in quite nicely.

not_my_kids
06-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have a registration with domaintools.com or a similiar site? I ran a search for the website for that home health care company that seems to be owned by Rebecca Barr and it told me that there are 8 other somain names registered to that user. With out the registration there is no way for me to see what other websites she owns. ANd I'm too broke to afford it. :banghead:

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Ok, this is it for the night...my brain hurts. Didn't see it posted anywhere else, although it might be. David Dial is back in prison, Johnson State Prison for Robbery. Do an offender search on GA's Dept. of Corrections page. For the record, that is one guy I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

Tuffy101
06-27-2008, 01:32 AM
He recived 12 years.....

DBinMA
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I know others have said it but I would just like to say that I think Sharon and Dial look alike. He also seems to be VERY confident that no one is looking for her. They should run his DNA.

Edited to add: I wonder if he has other children and what they look like (and if they would be cooperative)

gaia227
06-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Dial's eyes are very intense. I can feel them penetrating through me off the computer screen. I wish he would talk.

Not_my_kids, I am glad you started posting and adding new life to the Marshall page. it has been pretty stagnant the last few months......there is only so many time you can rehash the same info.

Has it been established that the girl in the photo really is Sharon Marshall?

Cubby
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I know others have said it but I would just like to say that I think Sharon and Dial look alike. He also seems to be VERY confident that no one is looking for her. They should run his DNA.

Edited to add: I wonder if he has other children and what they look like (and if they would be cooperative)

I agree. Especially in the photos in the last few posts.

Tuffy101
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I agree. Especially in the photos in the last few posts.

If there is a way to Know "Dial's Blood type you could start the believeabilty of if he is or not !
Sence Sharon Marshall Blood type is (A-)....

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 06:24 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to get his blood type, especially since when you are in prison they pretty much consider you to be state property. It is possible that they wouldn't even need a a warrant depending on what the state laws are in GA.

SeekingJana
06-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I keep having a few questions which I don't think have concrete answers, but I would like your opinions.
I need to say first off that I think Sharon was victimized from the day Floyd took possession of her until the day she was killed. Regardless of whether she was abducted at age 4 or later, she was traumatized to the point that she probably lost most of her early memories. Memories of how parents loved her, if she ever had loving parents.

My questions are regarding Floyd's motivations for keeping Sharon with him past adolescence, and about her multiple pregnancies. IMO, he is a pedophile. His sick sexual focus is on children, not mature looking teenaged girls and grown women, right? If what I gleaned from Matt's book is right, then Floyd most likely prostituted Sharon out, as is hinted early in her HS days with the provocative clothing and sheer lingerie incident related by her HS friend. She was surprised at the club clothes, the dancing, the way Floyd left the girls in the nightclub, and Sharon's non-teenaged lingerie.. We know that later she was a stripper and had friends who had sex for money.
So, here's my question: If Floyd prostituted Sharon out, why didn't he put her on birth control pills?

I keep going over and over the fact that we know she had 3 pregnancies which resulted in live births in her short life. During at least 3 months in each pregnancy, I assume that she was not able to " earn money" for him in the usual way of stripping and possibly prostitution. I am not sure if he made her be a prostitute, but I suspect so from reading, and from what we know of his actions. If this is correct, why no oral contraceptives?
I considered the paper trail that would have existed for the prescriptions, but decided this wasn't the reason due to their frequent name changes and transient status, Fake legal documents seemed to be one of the man's strong points, probably though Dial or another ex-con friend. Plus, if we are correct that Rebecca Barr was involved with Floyd during that time and later, then she ( or another female) could have gotten birth control pills for Sharon.

Does anyone have a theory as to why he seemed to be so protective of " his possession" but neglected to take measures to prevent at least 3 pregnancies which resulted in births? Why didn't Sharon get pills after she was old enough to do so on her own? Also, does anyone have a theory as to why 2 babies were adopted but Michael was kept? Nothing seems any different in her life as we know it. What was different about the baby she was " allowed" to keep? I wondered if Floyd wanted a home-grown child to abuse, but that still doesn't explain why two were adopted out, especially if he had a preference for a child of one sex over the other. Sharon's adopted children are said to be 1 boy and 1 girl.

Sharon suffered so much, and I will never forget her tragic life and death.
With great respect for her life,
Maria

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Ok, according to FDF, he got most of their aliases off of headstones and went from there. Well, I don't have my copy of a Beautiful Child so I don't know if anyone has determined where he could have gotten the names that he used. He would have had to use the exact same name in order to get the appropriate ID in their names.
Seeing as how I try to do one thing on this case every day, here's todays. Thinking if maybe we can figure out where he was when he got the names, it might help narrow down the timeline a little.

Here's what I have for the alias Warren Marshall:
Marshall, Warren
b. unknown d. 1955 Llano Cemetery
Amarillo
Potter County
Texas, USA

The birth date would have had to have been relatively close to his for the whole thing to work, that is the only one listed on findagrave.com that could have been close.

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 07:40 PM
For Clarence Hughes from Findagrave.com
Hughes, Clarence
b. unknown d. unknown Hunt Cemetery
Hunt
Kerr County
Texas, USA

HUGHES, CLARENCE
b. unknown d. unknown Elmwood Cemetery
Mineral Wells
Palo Pinto County
Texas, USA

Hughes, Clarence A.
b. unknown d. unknown Hughes Cemetery
Hughes (St. Francis County)
St. Francis County
Arkansas, USA

Hughes, Clarence E.
b. unknown d. Jun. 17, 1968 Rest Haven Memorial Park
Lafayette
Tippecanoe County
Indiana, USA

dottierainbow
06-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I think you may be on to something. If you could find the 1st name that was given to Sharon and line it up to a headstone then maybe could distinguish in what part of USA she was stolen from. Just a thought. Someone may have already done this. I dunno.
For Clarence Hughes from Findagrave.com
Hughes, Clarence
b. unknown d. unknown Hunt Cemetery
Hunt
Kerr County
Texas, USA

HUGHES, CLARENCE
b. unknown d. unknown Elmwood Cemetery
Mineral Wells
Palo Pinto County
Texas, USA

Hughes, Clarence A.
b. unknown d. unknown Hughes Cemetery
Hughes (St. Francis County)
St. Francis County
Arkansas, USA

Hughes, Clarence E.
b. unknown d. Jun. 17, 1968 Rest Haven Memorial Park
Lafayette
Tippecanoe County
Indiana, USA

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Results form Findagrave.com for Trenton Davis:

The only one with a close birthdate is
Davis, Trenton Michael
b. ???. 5, 1937 d. Aug. 24, 1937 Alpine City Cemetery
Alpine
Apache County
Arizona, USA

This is it, the ones that showed no results, I didn't bother to post. If I missed one, let me know. Sharon Marshall, Tonya Tadlock, and Suzanne Davis showed no results that seemed feasible for him to use the birthdate.

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Remember that I am only using the ones that are close enough on DOB for him to use that date of birth believably. FDF has said that he didn't need to have birth certificates most of the time, but he was too smart and too careful not to have gotten the documents anyway, just in case.

Findagrave.com results for Charles Hughes:
Hughes, Charles
b. unknown d. unknown Greenlawn Cemetery
Redfield
Spink County
South Dakota, USA

Hughes, Charles A
b. Dec. 12, 1940 d. Jun. 22, 1947 Restview Cemetery
Loretto
Lawrence County
Tennessee, USA

Hughes, Charles Arthur
b. unknown d. unknown Calvary Cemetery
Woodside
Queens County
New York, USA

Hughes, Charles B.
b. Sep. 21, 1941 d. Jan. 28, 1973 Snow Hill Baptist Cemeter...
Cherokee County
North Carolina, USA

Hughes, Charles Cullen
b. unknown d. Sep. 14, 1948 Chalmers Cemetery
Chalmers
White County
Indiana, USA

Hughes, Charles Daniel
b. Jun. 19, 1945 d. Jul. 15, 1978 Oakwood Memorial Park
Ottawa
La Salle County
Illinois, USA

Hughes, Charles E.
b. Feb. 15, 1943 d. Apr. 13, 1969 Lakeview Cemetery
Marietta
Love County
Oklahoma, USA

Hughes, Charles E.
b. Dec. 27, 1943 d. May 12, 1949 Cedar Grove Cemetery
Athens
McMinn County
Tennessee, USA

Hughes, Charles F
b. unknown d. May 20, 1955 Dayton National Cemetery
Dayton
Montgomery County
Ohio, USA

Hughes, Charles F.
b. Mar. 24, 1943 d. Oct. 24, 1971 Sunset Memorial Park
San Antonio
Bexar County
Texas, USA (pro football palyer that died of a heart attack on the field.)

Hughes, Charles L
b. unknown d. unknown Calvary Cemetery
Woodside
Queens County
New York, USA

Hughes, Charles Leo
b. Jun. 29, 1939 d. Oct. 11, 1939 Pond Creek Cemetery
Pond Creek
Grant County
Oklahoma, USA

Hughes, Charles Michael
b. Mar. 16, 1940 d. Mar. 21, 1940 Fairview Cemetery
Shawnee
Pottawatomie County
Oklahoma, USA (that one is really sad)

Hughes, Charles R
b. Jun. 28, 1944 d. Oct. 5, 1944 Greenlawn Memorial Park
Bakersfield
Kern County
California, USA

Hughes, PFC Charles Wayne
b. Sep. 26, 1946 d. Jul. 14, 1969 Riverside Baptist Church ...
Merry Hill
Bertie County
North Carolina, USA

Hughes, Charles Eugene
b. Mar. 10, 1941 d. Apr. 7, 1941 Pomeroyton Cemetery
Pomeroyton
Menifee County
Kentucky, USA

That one took a while.

smile22
06-27-2008, 10:01 PM
i know when sharon had passed away they were looking for her mother i guess friends of hers i believe or it could have been pd anyways they called this women they had found in some kind of search. this was when she used the tyana dawn name. when they called the women she had said it was impossible because her baby died at birth or something

not_my_kids
06-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Stupid question, but we all know that FDF was fond of word games, he still is in a way. So, has anyone ever tried just rearranging the letters in the alias names and see what turns up? I know that Sharon Marshall is one of those cases where it seems that the answer is right under our noses. Could be something as simple as an anagram.

BTW. Katherine Marie Lyons, has she been looked at? It seems possible to me. The description of the abductor is way off, but it came from a kid and most children make horrible witnesses.

anthrobones
06-27-2008, 10:45 PM
We know that it is possible to find out if a missing person has used their social security number. But what about the other way around? Is it possible for the SS Office to find out which SS #'s from Sharon's possible birth years have not been used since the time she was supposedly taken by Floyd?

Of course, this is assuming that she received one at birth (and that he did not know what it was)....

anthrobones
06-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I think we need to put the list of rule out's on here again.

anthrobones
06-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Ruled out:

Cynthia Sumpter
Jennifer Klein
Cheryl Hanson
Anna Waters
Janice Pockett
Sheri Lyn Johnson
Lori Peugeot

anthrobones
06-27-2008, 11:09 PM
This girl was speculated I think on here to have possibly been Sharon's mother, but I don't know if she was ever eliminated as related to Sharon's case: Karen Tompkins http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1003dfca.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tompkins_karen.html

anthrobones
06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Am I missing anyone on the rule out list?

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Ok, according to FDF, he got most of their aliases off of headstones and went from there. Well, I don't have my copy of a Beautiful Child so I don't know if anyone has determined where he could have gotten the names that he used. He would have had to use the exact same name in order to get the appropriate ID in their names.
Seeing as how I try to do one thing on this case every day, here's todays. Thinking if maybe we can figure out where he was when he got the names, it might help narrow down the timeline a little.

Here's what I have for the alias Warren Marshall:
Marshall, Warren
b. unknown d. 1955 Llano Cemetery
Amarillo
Potter County
Texas, USA

The birth date would have had to have been relatively close to his for the whole thing to work, that is the only one listed on findagrave.com that could have been close.

That is a speculaton from Mark Deasaro Florida Police detective.....statement on Court TV....that they theroised that Floyd got the names off of gravestones....
Joe Fitzpatrick,worked with Mark Deasaro and Robert Schock on Cherly Ann Commesso,case.....The detectives went o oklahoma City to queston Floyd.....
that is from the Court TV episoed.....

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
i know when sharon had passed away they were looking for her mother i guess friends of hers i believe or it could have been pd anyways they called this women they had found in some kind of search. this was when she used the tyana dawn name. when they called the women she had said it was impossible because her baby died at birth or something

I wndered about the double talk my self....why would Law-enforcment ....make a phone call to her Mother....if Sharon Marshall told her friends the Mother was dead.....?????

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 12:32 AM
I thought Floyd himself said that he got "Tonya Dawn Tadlock" off a headstone. Or did I interpret that part wrong? I apologize but I'm working from memory and my own handwritten notes here. It's quite possible that I may have made a couple of mistakes along the way.

I really need my book back...my Ma reads slow. She killing me here.

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I wndered about the double talk my self....why would Law-enforcment ....make a phone call to her Mother....if Sharon Marshall told her friends the Mother was dead.....?????

Tuffy, it may be because she also told friends that she was a runaway from FL. They might have been operating under the assumption that a runaway might not be completely honest about her home life, such as it was. Remember, when they first came into this, LE had no idea what they were getting into.

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Ok, you would think that Franklin Delano Floyd would be a relatively distinctive name, and that finding 2 people with that name that would end up living in the same city at any point in time would be rare. Apparently it's not. A man by the name of Franklin Delano Floyd applied for a marriage license in Oklahoma County OK. 9-30-1996. That could mean that either there is something that we didn't know, or we are back to square one on a lot of addresses and such. How many of those past addresses and locations for FDF have been verified? heres the link.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/ocisweb/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=984344&db=Oklahoma

Please tell me that somone else had already caught this and ruled it out...I haven't been at this long enough to be catching things like this.

Meyahna
06-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Tuffy, it may be because she also told friends that she was a runaway from FL. They might have been operating under the assumption that a runaway might not be completely honest about her home life, such as it was. Remember, when they first came into this, LE had no idea what they were getting into.

Yes, they can't believe all what they're told. This is so frustrating. I still wonder if she could be from GA. I think the last activity of Marshall before he showed up with her was trying to steal the car of a woman in GA. I just wonder if he didn't stay in the area after and possibly found a car with a woman in it and a child. I keep looking at news articles but all the girls reported missing around that time have been located except for the above mentionned. But I just wonder if Sharon really disappeared anonymously or if somewhere there is a news article about her. I also wonder if the car accident stuff Floyd invented as the cause of death of Sharon's mother isn't partially true, if he didn't hi-jack a car then killed the woman and then threw her car in water and then LE found the car and just assumed the girl's body was washed away.

thefragile7393
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
It's my hope that we'll get those DNA tests back soon on Christina Carter.....and then she can be ruled out....or confirmed that she's Sharon.

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, you would think that Franklin Delano Floyd would be a relatively distinctive name, and that finding 2 people with that name that would end up living in the same city at any point in time would be rare. Apparently it's not. A man by the name of Franklin Delano Floyd applied for a marriage license in Oklahoma County OK. 9-30-1996. That could mean that either there is something that we didn't know, or we are back to square one on a lot of addresses and such. How many of those past addresses and locations for FDF have been verified? heres the link.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/ocisweb/GetCaseInformation.asp?submitted=true&viewtype=caseGeneral&casemasterID=984344&db=Oklahoma

Please tell me that somone else had already caught this and ruled it out...I haven't been at this long enough to be catching things like this.

Yes, I know, I'm quoting myself...anyway. The rest of what I can find on Rita mae Tomlinson, the woman on the marriage lisence. I have an address and phone number in OK City, which I am not posting here, because it's probably all coincidence. She was born in 1958, which would make her right around 50. The marriage application was appllied for after she divorced her husband, Raymond on 10-10-1995. The people listed as living at that address are Frank and Rita Floyd.

It seems to reek of coincidence, but it's an awfully big one.

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure that is a wedding ring, the ring is on her middle finger and not her ring finger. She looks young in that photo.

the rest of the photo I should have posted I will in a while...beside her is a baby boy in a highchair that you think would date the photo put does not only leaves another queston
Which Baby....in the court TV it says Micheal....however her young look says NO !

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 02:37 PM
High school photo and Photo of her waveing

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I just had one of those things where the light bulb goes off and I had to type it out before it left again.
FDF had her in 4 different high schools, and moved constantly before inexplicably seetling down and letting her attend Forest Park High for almost 2 years. He was also almost constantly on the move before that too, but there were short periods where he would stay put for what seemed to be no reason right? I don't believe that he was running from LE, he would have thought himself too smart to get caught anyway. We should all remember that comment about him taking Sharon from Chicago from down by the warehouse where they made the snuff films and taking her so that "he" wouldn't strangle her. On the off chance that is true, wouldn't the mysterious "he" have been awfully pissed off?
What I'm getting at is maybe he was running from the person he stole her from and the periods of staying put were when he knew that other person could not follow them. Like when that person was in jail.
THis is goinf to take a lot of cross referencing of names and prison records, so if someone wants to help that would be great. Otherwise I'll do it tonight.

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 03:42 PM
....Why could it not been her parent or parents....Floyd refrance to "HE" often and never would say who He was to
FBI agents......also commented (He is worse then Dannager,He has Killed before and HE will Kill again....I know who killed that girl in Florida....But I ain't No snech....)

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
He could have been her father, but I doubt it. Anyway, checking the prison records against places and dates for their moves is something that hasn't been done before, so it should be done at some point. No time like the present.

smile22
06-28-2008, 05:52 PM
He could have been her father, but I doubt it. Anyway, checking the prison records against places and dates for their moves is something that hasn't been done before, so it should be done at some point. No time like the present.

it was determined in court that when michael was taken from floyd and he tried to get him back in court a dna test was done and it was found to be that floyd was not the father of michael. thus floyd could not be sharons bio father

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 06:28 PM

The refrance to "He" that floyd was talking about was someone Floyd knows...Knew
It was from this person "He" floyd states he saved Sharon from re"HE" strangling her....
and then in Oklahoma City at the time of the trial.....Floyd states again.....I know who killed the girl in Florida.....re: "He" has killed before and "He" will kill again.....
the "He" in this instance.....is whom Floyd refrances as being like Dillanger...or worse then Dillanger...
So for the sake of the "He".....could this re:Dillanger have been Sharons Father ???
an if so someone Floyd Knew ....
.The FBI has a ten year period that they do not know the where abouts of Floyd......the research Matt B. did was "
The Church of the New Song"still Matt B. is going by FBI Filles...also.

Tuffy101
06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
it was determined in court that when michael was taken from floyd and he tried to get him back in court a dna test was done and it was found to be that floyd was not the father of michael. thus floyd could not be sharons bio father

I have always wondered Why they did not do DNA sooner.....and Why they allowed him (Floyd) to use "Defacto" parent plea ....as a way to esablish himself...as a parent
Then I am reminded that they had not a clue that Sharon Marshall was a kidnapped Child...untill after Micheal was taken and they got a Tip.....Questioning a former worker from the Oklahoma City School System......after he saw Floyds Photo in a news story....
Still if Micheal had protecton and his where about unknown to Floyd....1990 DOD and 1994 Micheals Kidnapping....

DBinMA
06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
This probably means nothing but Dillinger is best known as a bank robber. FDF has a bank robbery in his history, do we know if he had a partner?

DBinMA
06-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry to add another reply but he was incarcerated in GA from 1962-1971, could his fellow inmates be a clue to this?
Forgive me for my memory lapse but do we know how FDF and Dial know each other?

not_my_kids
06-28-2008, 08:22 PM

Smile, I didn't mean that FDF was either of their father. That has been well established. I was referring to the mysterious "he" that FDF talks about when he is questioned about where he got Sharon.

anthrobones
06-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I have to ask since I don't know--was Sharon cremated or not?

Kiki
06-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Any news on the Christina Carter tests?

Lisahas2cats
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Someone commented on Sharon looking like the pics of David Dial....their eyes are indeed very similar! If that angle (Dial being Sharon's bio-father) hasn't been explored yet, maybe it should be....

Tuffy101
06-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I have to ask since I don't know--was Sharon cremated or not?

Sharn was buried...after a closed caskett funeral her friends are said to have paid for...
her body was harvest however...she was not creamatd.....as far a I know

not_my_kids
06-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Tuffy that awesome. I have never actually seen a picture of the grave before except maybe in Matt's book. Any idea what the inscription means or who asked for that phrase on her headstone?

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Sharn was buried...after a closed caskett funeral her friends are said to have paid for...
her body was harvest however...she was not creamatd.....as far a I know

Hmmm...I wonder if isotope analysis can be performed.

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Are there no photos of Sharon from elementary school?

Tuffy101
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Tuffy that awesome. I have never actually seen a picture of the grave before except maybe in Matt's book. Any idea what the inscription means or who asked for that phrase on her headstone?
well that might lend a good clue....if you could find out who put those wods on the head stone....Matts book said....that Connie was the one and Bambi....I do not think so....unless an unknown told them to say that....is food for thought.......

Tuffy101
06-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Are there no photos of Sharon from elementary school?

Make friends with Hollow....I understand she sent after records from the grade school in Oklahoma and recived Sharo Marshall file....of course that is hersay...of courseif a person did they would have to say they are related......

Tuffy101
06-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmm...I wonder if isotope analysis can be performed.

Assumeing that her body is there.......I read up on that.....and from what Iread you can tell where a peron came from.....or was born.....Koodos to you

Tuffy101
06-29-2008, 09:17 PM
This is Sharon Marshal from high school year book....1986.....
any one ever did the Math.....the grave stone says 1967.....
sharon marshall died in......................................1990
she started school in Oklahoma in.......................1975

not_my_kids
06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, as for the headstone, when she was buried did they know the whole story yet, or did everyone still think FDF was her husband?
I really need to go steal back my copy of the book. I'm sick of asking questions that everyone already knows the answer to.

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 11:48 PM
You mean the body is not there?!

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Did Floyd enroll her in kindergarten in 1975, or 1st grade?

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Reposting my previous question:
We know that it is possible to find out if a missing person has used their social security number. But what about the other way around? Is it possible for the SS Office to find out which SS #'s from Sharon's possible birth years have not been used since the time she was supposedly taken by Floyd?

Of course, this is assuming that she received one at birth (and that he did not know what it was)....

anthrobones
06-29-2008, 11:53 PM
This is Sharon Marshal from high school year book....1986.....
any one ever did the Math.....the grave stone says 1967.....
sharon marshall died in......................................1990
she started school in Oklahoma in.......................1975

I wonder where 1967 came from. I thought it was always speculated that she was born in 1969 or 1970.

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, as for the headstone, when she was buried did they know the whole story yet, or did everyone still think FDF was her husband?
I really need to go steal back my copy of the book. I'm sick of asking questions that everyone already knows the answer to.
Please ask all the questions tou want if someone else dosent Jump in I will
Just becouse I have theroy....and becouse I want to talk about the case...
my fine tooth comb is pretty fine.....besides Who can say they know everything in the book I have the book on top of my PC and it is opened often....I just wish matt would E-book it......why dont you Matt ?
No, They the Law-enforcment did not know the story untll after Micheal was taken (1994)
in 1990 and the funeral.....not even then....they (FBI) and Law-enforcment only knew he had an out standing warrent.
It was the Lap-Photo and the tip phoned in from someone that worked wirh Floyd as a Handiman for Oklahoma City School System...........saw the News with Floyds Photo
"Kinda hard to see how this co-worker pulled the two different names and the very differnt looking Floyd after all those years,How this guy pulled it togeather> I know the book aid the FBI interviewed this guy......when is what I want to know....Kinda says the FBI ha no roads to travel in finding out about Floyd the cap in where Floyd was at from 1973 to 1990 did not go in to Notice untill after Micheal was taken......

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 12:09 AM
I wonder where 1967 came from. I thought it was always speculated that she was born in 1969 or 1970.
Doing the Math I see.....
If sharon was born in 1969 she would have been 6 when she starts grade school
she was put into the 1st grade.....not Kindegarden in 1975....
If she was born in 1967 she would have been 8 years old in 1975
If she was born in 1970 she would be 5 years old and in the 1st grade...not kindergraden
that would make her 6 if her Birthday is September and in the 1st grade.
My guess is September 1970

not_my_kids
06-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Thanks Tuffy. A lot of the questions I will soon be able to answer for myself, at least the ones that Matt answered, since I just Ebayed myself a replacement copy. I got tired of waiting for my Ma to get done. I figure I'll still have a ton of questions after I reread it.

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Reposting my previous question:

i was told they can not do anything with out a nmuber to check...then with Numbers I can do it myself.....at 6 she would not nessarily have a SS# maybe for Insurance ?
How about Shot recordes...How Floyd come up with that ?

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Did Floyd enroll her in kindergarten in 1975, or 1st grade?

The book says 1st grade

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks Tuffy. A lot of the questions I will soon be able to answer for myself, at least the ones that Matt answered, since I just Ebayed myself a replacement copy. I got tired of waiting for my Ma to get done. I figure I'll still have a ton of questions after I reread it.
Please ask away if I can answer I will
you may think of something befor you re-read the book that may turn out to be what swangs the door open.....please ask.....I will look it up....
for real....dont read into what am saying I really want to move this case around....
even if its over the old...the crazy queston..........pick up the clues where you can find them reading the book or a single thought......

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 01:36 AM
you mean the body is not there?!

sorry.....its the message on the head stone got me going..."i will aways be with you" we dont know for sure .....what floyd has done where he went after 1990 ..if he was obsive about sharon.....who knows

Rhett
06-30-2008, 11:50 AM
The saying on the headstone is a faily common one. I believe it refers to God always being with her. Of course I may be wrong.

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
The saying on the headstone is a faily common one. I believe it refers to God always being with her. Of course I may be wrong.

you are right I know I just get so angry sometimes....and wonder what else did Floyd do
since I read about thos 96 Photos being stolen from the court in Florida....thats what got me going again....

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to post this screen capture...I always wondered about the doll in the back ground anyone Know whaat kind of doll that is....

cymster
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Hello...this is my first post...been lurking for the last 7 months or so. This case is so fascinating (aren't they all though in some way). Sharon is like a chameleon- she always looks different in pics. I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of the Court TV show? I live in Norway, so I don't have the cable channel.

Thanks a lot!
ME:)

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Hello...this is my first post...been lurking for the last 7 months or so. This case is so fascinating (aren't they all though in some way). Sharon is like a chameleon- she always looks different in pics. I was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of the Court TV show? I live in Norway, so I don't have the cable channel.

Thanks a lot!
ME:)

The Book Cover is a from a poster that Sharon Marshall used when she ran for student counical.....Matt B. said that it was his publisher choose...that the Publisher had many to choose from....this question was ask of Matt B. in threads that contain a question and answers By WS members....
This Photo Sharon Marshall used was a Studio photo and perfected....
Sharon Marshall Classmates....provided that information....
The photo that I have posted here is over a period of time...the fact there are so many photos of Sharon Marshall we see her growing up....
going through the changes one might exspect of someone the added everyday trumma of her ordeal I sould think play a roll in her photo....
the Photo of Sharon Marshall with curly hair close up looking in to a car window is said to be the last known Photo and taken very near to her death....information from Court TV and statement by FBI agent....
"The Investegators" Court TV...has a web ste....its been about a year sence this show aired...they seem to run the story about this time of year.....

not_my_kids
06-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Look at her nose as she gets older. Did FDF make her get a nose job? It looks like the basic shape of her nose changed as time went on.

thefragile7393
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
How about Shot recordes...How Floyd come up with that ?
That's easy...forge them. Get a "replacement" shot record from the state and forge whatever at the proper intervals. Or get a waiver and never have them done. The former is probably more likely....he could forge the early ones and then take her to the doc for regular visits. Or keep forging.

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
That's easy...forge them. Get a "replacement" shot record from the state and forge whatever at the proper intervals. Or get a waiver and never have them done. The former is probably more likely....he could forge the early ones and then take her to the doc for regular visits. Or keep forging.
still would be interesting to see them and what informaton is on them....or any related names....

Tuffy101
06-30-2008, 11:00 PM
...Now this something I did not know....when the skull of the Sheryl was found...the law-enforcment had it setting on his Dinning room table over night then took it to the cornors office the next day...two days after this the 96 photos where found ....The 96 photos where stoen in November 2007 from the courts in Florida.
Sorry Guys I will have to post that Court transcripe o that part any ways......I will post a link..... later

not_my_kids
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Here is FDF's latest court action...filing a writ of habeas corpus against the judge. It's a last ditch effort used by a lot of lifers and death row inmates. He must be out of good ideas. Sorry if this has already been posted.
http://jweb.flcourts.org/pls/docket/ds_cases_person?psReportStyle=Display&p_userid=&psCourt=FSC&psSearchType=&psHow=contains&psRole=party&pnPersonId=138617&psButton=Submit

not_my_kids
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Ok, I have wracked my brain and I have decided that there are two things that we can definitely say two things based on profiling FDF...
1. I do not believe that any other crimes would have been committed by FDF between the time that he got Sharon and the time that the babysitter turned them in and forced him to run to AZ. He would have been happy with his new toy, Sharon and not needed to go after anyone else during that time. Then when the babysitter turned him in, the anger towards her and the act of being back on the road would have forced him back into his old habits. THat's a time that we really need to look at in for repeat offenses.
Come on, does anyone really think that we know everything that this man is guilty of?
Second, he only killed people that trusted him. Sharon, her mother, Micheal, Cheryl, and possibly countless others. I would stop looking at complete strangers as victims, and start looking for dead people that had some connection to him. If he was just your average criminal the school principal would have been dead.
FDF was betrayed time and time again. So he wants the people that he kills to know that they were betrayed as well. It establishes a bond, something that FDF is incapable of doing in a normal way.
There my profile of the bastard in highly simplified form. If anyone wants the rest of it, PM me and I'll send it. It's about 3 pages long.

anthrobones
07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2032dfwa.html

I thought I'd repost the link to this missing woman. She went missing in February 1969, and was possibly two to three months pregnant.

laini
07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Ok, I have wracked my brain and I have decided that there are two things that we can definitely say two things based on profiling FDF...
1. I do not believe that any other crimes would have been committed by FDF between the time that he got Sharon and the time that the babysitter turned them in and forced him to run to AZ. He would have been happy with his new toy, Sharon and not needed to go after anyone else during that time. Then when the babysitter turned him in, the anger towards her and the act of being back on the road would have forced him back into his old habits. THat's a time that we really need to look at in for repeat offenses.
Come on, does anyone really think that we know everything that this man is guilty of?
Second, he only killed people that trusted him. Sharon, her mother, Micheal, Cheryl, and possibly countless others. I would stop looking at complete strangers as victims, and start looking for dead people that had some connection to him. If he was just your average criminal the school principal would have been dead.
FDF was betrayed time and time again. So he wants the people that he kills to know that they were betrayed as well. It establishes a bond, something that FDF is incapable of doing in a normal way.
There my profile of the bastard in highly simplified form. If anyone wants the rest of it, PM me and I'll send it. It's about 3 pages long.

Very interesting. I would like to read your whole profile.
And I am glad you have brought this story back to life here. :)

Kiki
07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2032dfwa.html

I thought I'd repost the link to this missing woman. She went missing in February 1969, and was possibly two to three months pregnant.

She does have a slight resemblance to Sharon but I really don't see how she could be Sharon's mother. I just don't think Floyd would go through the drama of befriending or kidnapping a pregnant woman, waiting months for the birth and then going through all the hassle of caring for an infant. Sharon must have been out of her toddler years by the time Floyd got her. I just don't think he would bother caring for a baby.

Meyahna
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kpvI8RxT0mk

Resending that, threads are so long it's hard to find stuff. Just came accross it on Youtube looking for the court tv show.

Meyahna
07-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I guess if Floyd says Sharon was abandonned to her he means at least one of her parents was killed.

not_my_kids
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I know that this is going to sound ridiculous and don't boo me off the board for this, it's part of what I do. I have to understand the killer to understand the victim and I have to understand teh victim to know what made the killer choose them. I think that FDF is scared of someone. Not just scared but in fear for his life. And don't get me wrong. I hope he is. He needs to know what that feels like. But find out who he's afraid of and you have the key to the whole mystery.

Tuffy101
07-02-2008, 02:48 AM
I know that this is going to sound ridiculous and don't boo me off the board for this, it's part of what I do. I have to understand the killer to understand the victim and I have to understand teh victim to know what made the killer choose them. I think that FDF is scared of someone. Not just scared but in fear for his life. And don't get me wrong. I hope he is. He needs to know what that feels like. But find out who he's afraid of and you have the key to the whole mystery.

Floyd is scared of David Dial.....or any Man that exersizes controll ...
Take the information in Matts Book.....Floyd made friends with Dial and he became Floyds protecter...just that makes Floyd interesting to anyone that controlls....then again you just said that.....Sorry!

gaia227
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Look at her nose as she gets older. Did FDF make her get a nose job? It looks like the basic shape of her nose changed as time went on.

I have noticed that before too! In some pics her nose looks wider and then in later pics her nose looks more streamlined. It is amazing how different Sharon could look in one photo to another. A talent acquired from living on the edge with Floyd.

Was Dial in prison when the 96 photos were stolen?

NewMom2003
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I have noticed that before too! In some pics her nose looks wider and then in later pics her nose looks more streamlined. It is amazing how different Sharon could look in one photo to another. A talent acquired from living on the edge with Floyd.

Was Dial in prison when the 96 photos were stolen?

I've noticed that before too about the photos. I wonder if she was pregnant in some and not in others. Pregnancy can sometimes distort a woman's face with the weight gain and all. Her nose in some of the stills reminds me of how a friend of mine looked during her pregnancy.

Tuffy101
07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
another photo screen capture with web cam

gaia227
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I've noticed that before too about the photos. I wonder if she was pregnant in some and not in others. Pregnancy can sometimes distort a woman's face with the weight gain and all. Her nose in some of the stills reminds me of how a friend of mine looked during her pregnancy.

Yes, that seems to make a lot of sense. She could be bloated with pregnancy causing her face to look swollen.

I can't stand it when I think about FDF sitting in prison still alive with all the answers he will never speak. It drives me nuts....I guess thats the point. He knows he is control as far as that aspect of his life goes.

Tuffy101
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
thanks tuffy for posting the photo.....!

annemc2
07-03-2008, 12:10 AM
She had a lot of plastic surgery, too. Breast & buttock implants...a nose job wouldn't be too far off I would think. Poor girl :(

not_my_kids
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks Tuffy for posting the photos...:D

not_my_kids
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Pregnancy is a possibiliity, but so are drugs like antidepressants, they can make you look bloated and add on weight. THey are also good for keeping a person nice and docile.
We know that FDF could get hold of a lot of drugs and we know that his control of Sharon was starting to slip. Why wouldn't he have resorted to drugs? Has anyone seen Sharon's tox screens, for reference?

Dr. Doogie
07-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Concerning Sharon's age: I have always felt that Sharon was 1-2 years older than people (including herself) thought. I believe this for two reasons: (1) the longer FDF delayed putting her into school, the safer he was from detection, and (2) Sharon was described by classmates and teachers as being much more mature than others "her same age".

Ciara
07-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I have read every single post on this case. Its such a sad story. I pray that one day we find out who Sharon was when she was taken by that POS

anthrobones
07-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Concerning Sharon's age: I have always felt that Sharon was 1-2 years older than people (including herself) thought. I believe this for two reasons: (1) the longer FDF delayed putting her into school, the safer he was from detection, and (2) Sharon was described by classmates and teachers as being much more mature than others "her same age".

So, when she was in first grade, she was likely to have actually been 7 or 8?

Tuffy101
07-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Sharon's age.....the photo or the Lap photo is correct....I believe....how ever the Photo is dated by whom had the photo....co-worker of FDF.....he said 1975.....that would bring in confession.....1975 or what would fit would be 1976.......recorders may indicate FDF employment then how do we know from what was first reported changed I believe it may have....we just don’t know it....the only thing we do have is the date that...of the co-worker throwing that date off would lead an investigation in another direction for LE.......then if in the 1st grade makes more séance......her appearance in that photo match 1976.....placing year of birth 1970

not_my_kids
07-07-2008, 03:43 AM
I know that this may sound a bit difficult, but maybe this is the sort of thing that happens every day. FDF has stuck to the story about getting Sharon from the hooker in Chicago for so long that ther just might b some truth to it. Not many men would admit to being in love with a hooker unless they really needed to tell the world. He is a scumbag, but maybe on that one point he is telling the truth. And he has stuck to the name Linda Williams, as her mother. So maybe it is possible that there really is a hooker named Linda Williams out there that simply does not feel like coming forward and admitting to the world that she handed her daughter over to a pedophiliac sex fiend. Maybe it's just all the twists and turns in this case, but I am about burned out. I think I might just need to step away from the whole thing for a while. I will stop back by and post anything new that comes to mind and see if there are any new developments, but I just can't lose any more sleep over this right now. I hate to say it, but this type of thing is probably more common than any of us want to admit.

DBinMA
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM
It's probably very common and maybe he did have someone willingly give Sharon over. Or maybe he killed her mother. There just might be a sibling or grandparent out there that doesn't even know this beautiful young girl existed. We could search for a thousand years and never know the answer. I certainly understand the need for a break and it does become necessary to step back in some of these cases (and even to completely let go altogether). I just can't stand the thought of FDF outsmarting any of us. I personally hope the answer is found while he's very much alive.

NewMom2003
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Any news on Christina's DNA?

gaia227
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I wish NewMom. The waiting is very difficult. The scenario of Christine and Janet fits perfectly into Sharon's story. I am just so sick of waiting and it has only been a couple months now....

07-14-2008, 08:39 PM
I am so very impatient. I want results :(
On a side note, I have been keeping my eyes open for a copy of Beautiful Child. When I read it the first time I had to get the library to borrow it from one of the El Paso libraries. I guess I could splurge and just buy a copy off of Amazon. We have a book lady come to town once a month and I have been hoping she would have it. Guess I will look one more time when she is here next weekend.

anthrobones
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I requested a copy through a university library. It came, so I will be going to get it tomorrow to start reading it.

gaia227
07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Jodieo - I also ordered mine through the university library a year or so ago. Are you close to any college campuses. They would almost definetly be able to order it for you.

Tuffy101
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I recived an e-mail about this photo that I had posted on WS saying that this did not look like Sharon Marshall.....and asked where I had gotten the Photo of her looking in a car windo....it is a screen cature....I used my web cam....as the story aired for Court TV and snaped the photos.....some turnned out better then others....if you look at the black and white...you can see Court TV in the lower right hand side......
as I stated before from Court TV.....the comentater....says this Photo was taken very close to her RE:Sharon Marshall death and she looked much like this.....
seems the person that E-mailed me.....thought I just posted this Photo...You guys dont need to pick on me so much.....How is anyone going to look in to this case while....makeing comments like this....get the Court TV Tape....look for yourself....if you dont believe someone.......that is Sluthing.....by the way !

cymster
07-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Which reminds me...if and when Court TV ever airs that Investigators show, could someone PLEASE tape it or burn it on a DVD R....I will reimburse for postage. Like I said before- I live in Norway, and so I don't get that channel. Currently, I'm waiting for the book..yipee. Thanks!

ragland
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I have been away for a bit avoiding coming to WS in hopes that somehow this case would be solved and I could come back and see all the praises from her family for WS members finding Sharons true identity. Im sad to see that Floyd is still alive and Sharon is still unkown, but not sad to see the new "zest" for this case. Alot of drama a while back caused so much to go wrong with the research for this case so I am very thankful that there is still much going on with new people getting involved.

That being said, anyone know if some agency would be interested in testing Dial since hes behind bars now? Who would we contact to get that connection made? Who would be the investigator to contact isnt it still with OKC pd?

gaia227
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm glad you're back ragland! I would think the OKC LE would be responsible for ordering the DNA testing of Dial. A lot of prisons now are automatically taking inmates DNA to be entered into CODIS. Unfortunately that means a backlog of DNA tests to be run.

not_my_kids
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Just thought I'd bring this up. On 9-19, the birthdate that she most commonly used, I will be posting a picture of Sharon in my window and burning a candle for her in the windowsill. Maybe if we all did this, it would be a way to bring some attention to her. If nothing else then we are giving her back some of the light that she gave to the world. Just a thought.

Tuffy101
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Floyd v. United States Of America
Plaintiff: Franklin Delano Floyd
Defendant: United States Of America

Case Number: 2:2008cv00495
Filed: May 20, 2008

Court: Ohio Southern District Court
Office: Habeas Corpus (General) Office [ Court Info ]
County: FRANKLIN
Presiding Judge: Gregory L Frost
Referring Judge: Terence P Kemp

Nature of Suit: P. Petitions - General
Cause: Federal Question
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: 28:2255 Motion to Vacate / Correct Illegal Sentenc

Tuffy101
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Just thought I'd bring this up. On 9-19, the birthdate that she most commonly used, I will be posting a picture of Sharon in my window and burning a candle for her in the windowsill. Maybe if we all did this, it would be a way to bring some attention to her. If nothing else then we are giving her back some of the light that she gave to the world. Just a thought.

Candle is a great idea....anyone thats in Oklahoma could put some Flowers or something on her grave....on that date.....
a joint efford by WS members.....could make this Day someting a news paper might pick up.....just a thought.....

Tuffy101
07-19-2008, 03:28 PM
There is an indicaion Floyd may win this one:

Tuffy101
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Dont you think we all should write some letters to the judge ?

pixies
07-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I am reading "A Beautiful Child" right now and I am totally digusted at all those people in Sharons life that totally dropped the ball.
Teachers, friends, parents of friends, babysitters ect...
NO ONE got involved and when she begged for help some of them turned their backs on her.

Sickening.

cymster
07-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Just finished "A Beautiful Child"....Poor Sharon indeed!!! I think I would be eternally guilt-ridden if I were one of the ones who dropped the ball. And what a piece of **** Floyd is...

Was there ever a picture posted of the 'dark-haired woman' anywhere online?

Is there any 'currency' that can be used w/ Floyd to make him spill the beans??

Kiki
07-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Still no new on the Christina Carter DNA testing?

Tuffy101
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Just finished "A Beautiful Child"....Poor Sharon indeed!!! I think I would be eternally guilt-ridden if I were one of the ones who dropped the ball. And what a piece of **** Floyd is...

Was there ever a picture posted of the 'dark-haired woman' anywhere online?

Is there any 'currency' that can be used w/ Floyd to make him spill the beans??

Unknown Female found in Floyds wallet when arrestred in Kentucky

Tuffy101
07-20-2008, 12:32 PM
There is an indicaion Floyd may win this one:

I was opeing to hear some comments....about FDF....Chin
as it looks like he had some surgery to remove his clef chin
I have seen other photos of him with and with out the clef
As I wondered about the book statement that said he had no identifeing
marks and had a plain face.....surely the chin is remarkable as something a
person would look for when identifing a person......?
Maybe Matt B. Would comment on that.....

And do you think this is a possable match for the Mystery female.....in Floyds wallet
Frieda "Becky" Powell......or the queer Cross-dresser....Lucas himself...?? It is established he had a male Partner"
she was said to have been killed by Henry Lucas.....interesting to know he adopted her....and then married her....
and was realtive to his partner Ottis....
Lucas has a glass eye Left

shadowangel
07-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't really see any change myself, other than the lighting and of course some sagging due to age.

As I recall, Floyd has a small circular tattoo on his upper arm.

I have had a concern in regard to the conviction, after reading some of the available transcripts and Floyd's various and numerous appeals. His conviction was based in large part on the photos that were discovered, showing his torture of Cheryl C. There was no direct evidence that he in fact killed her. The murder weapon was never recovered. I've wondered if in fact Floyd did pull the trigger...Or had someone else do it for him.

If the DA felt the death penalty slipping away in this case on appeal, Sharon's identity could be a bargaining chip to getting Floyd to agree to life without parole in exchange for not seeking a new trial. As far as I'm concerned, Floyd can rot slowly in prison for the next 20 years if we can give Sharon her real name and a proper burial.

Matt Birkbeck
07-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Some of you recall my previous web site was hacked into and we had to shut it down.

I have a new one going up the end of the month and it will feature a blog with, among other things, updates on the search for Sharon's identity.

You can visit at www.mattbirkbeck.com

Also, I'm trying to recall who fed me the lead on Christina Carter last fall. If it came from someone here please PM me and refresh my memory.

Nocgirl
07-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone, I thought I posted some questions on this case but apparantly it did not take so I'll try again. Sorry if these have already been asked but this thread is sooo long.

1) Why wasn't Floyd ever charged with Michael Hughes disappearance and subsequent murder? Although no body was found it seems likely that he killed the little boy.

2) Why wasn't he charged with the murder of Sharon from the hit and run? Did investigators inspect his car after the accident? There had to have been some evidence on the car that he was the one that hit her.

3) Doesn't it seem most likely he killed Sharon's mother, that is how he got her in the first place?

4) Was this the last name she had, is that why she is known as Sharon and not by the other many aliases she had?

This whole case makes me sick. I cannot believe Floyd is only on Death Row for 1 murder...he likely killed many more. What a sicko.

shadowangel
07-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Nocgirl-
In response to your questions...

1. He was charged and convicted for Michael's kidnapping.

2. Police could not tie him to the hit-and-run with any physical evidence, as the evidence found at the scene did not match the vehicle he was driving at the time.

3. That he killed Sharon's mother is one of many theories. It's also possible he kidnapped her...Received her in trade...Was given Sharon as a "gift"...The list of possibilities is nearly endless.

4. The last name she went by was Tonya Hughes. "Sharon" just seems the name that most have settled on to call her. For me, I prefer Sharon because it seems this was the happiest (if I can use that word) and most stable time of her life. High school, JROTC, the GA Tech scholarship...It's how I prefer to remember her.

We may never know the true extent of Floyd's crimes. What we do know is enough to earn him his own special place in Hell. In my opinion, of course.

Nocgirl
07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you.

He was only charged with Michael's kidnapping though and not murder? Eveyone knows he likely killed the boy. Poor little boy.

pixies
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
This is a case where some people should look the other way while some prison guard works him over with a club until he gives the answers about Sharon and Michael.

He is a pedophile who should not be protected.

Cubby
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
This is a case where some people should look the other way while some prison guard works him over with a club until he gives the answers about Sharon and Michael.

He is a pedophile who should not be protected.

No kidding. He must be in protective custody. Surely if he was in the general population another inmate would have some knowledge of this case - I think.

pixies
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
No kidding. He must be in protective custody. Surely if he was in the general population another inmate would have some knowledge of this case - I think.

I am just sick by all the people who did not try to help Sharon. I am sick! I am angry at her best friends parents for knowing something was wrong and not helping her. I am angry at the teachers who did nothing. I am angry at all the boyfriends who knew and just wanted her for sex.
And I am also angry at Sharon for knowing what a pedophile pervert he was and yet she still left her son alone with him while she worked. Was she scared? Yeah!! No doubt but as a mom your insticts are to protect your child.

It's just so sad.

CuriousInAtlanta
07-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Matt- per your request:

i am the one who contacted youi and christina's family regarding a possible link between christina carter and sharon marshall. I still have the original emails to prove it.

I can be reached by PM here or at the email account i have sent to you via Private message here.

please contact me if you have heard anything!

thank you
CuriousInAtlanta

not_my_kids
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Sorry to bring this up but anyone else NOT see any resemblance between Sharon MArshall and Christina Carter? It's just not there. They are not the same person. Period. I wish the DNA would hurry up so we can put that part of it to rest.

lilacwine
07-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I am just sick by all the people who did not try to help Sharon. I am sick! I am angry at her best friends parents for knowing something was wrong and not helping her. I am angry at the teachers who did nothing. I am angry at all the boyfriends who knew and just wanted her for sex.
And I am also angry at Sharon for knowing what a pedophile pervert he was and yet she still left her son alone with him while she worked. Was she scared? Yeah!! No doubt but as a mom your insticts are to protect your child.

It's just so sad.

Considering that Sharon was taken as a young child and completely degraded and abused... I'm not sure she could be expected to react as someone who has experienced a "normal" life. I think she did the best she could under the circumstances....

We can second guess her now, but I don't think I would have survived as long as she did considering that torture and abuse were all she ever knew in her life.

Just my thoughts.....

gaia227
07-22-2008, 09:46 AM

It's just so sad.

Pixies - I felt very angry towards the principal who took Michael out of class to go with Floyd. He took a little boy out of class to be taken by a man who was not his legal guardian. Instead of sticking up for Michael and trying to protect him he withered and obeyed to save his own skin.
When he went into the classroom to get Michael he did not take that opportunity to notify the teacher to call 911 immediately.
I know none of us know how we would behave in a situation like that but I think I can say with confidence if I were a principal and I had a man like FLoyd in my office demanding to take one my students I would refuse and I would figure out a way to call or have on of my collegues call 911.

I felt frustrated with a lot of people in Sharon's life too. The entire situation is wholly frustrating.

Regarding Sharon leaving Michael with Floyd - I don't really think we can fault her for that. She was abused and sexualized her entire life and I don't think she really understood what was normal and what wasn't anymore. The one constant person in her life, the only father figure she had abused and sexualized her and the psychological effects and the way that can warp a person's sense of right and wrong is probably beyond what we can understand.

pixies
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Pixies - I felt very angry towards the principal who took Michael out of class to go with Floyd. He took a little boy out of class to be taken by a man who was not his legal guardian. Instead of sticking up for Michael and trying to protect him he withered and obeyed to save his own skin.
When he went into the classroom to get Michael he did not take that opportunity to notify the teacher to call 911 immediately.
I know none of us know how we would behave in a situation like that but I think I can say with confidence if I were a principal and I had a man like FLoyd in my office demanding to take one my students I would refuse and I would figure out a way to call or have on of my collegues call 911.

I felt frustrated with a lot of people in Sharon's life too. The entire situation is wholly frustrating.

Regarding Sharon leaving Michael with Floyd - I don't really think we can fault her for that. She was abused and sexualized her entire life and I don't think she really understood what was normal and what wasn't anymore. The one constant person in her life, the only father figure she had abused and sexualized her and the psychological effects and the way that can warp a person's sense of right and wrong is probably beyond what we can understand.

You are completely right! Totally. I am still so upset from reading that book that it is hard to express.

I had typed a huge thing about the coward principal and because it took forever I lost it when WS timed out.
He should have been charged with helping in the kidnapping. A grown man handing over a child is sickening. Gun or not, you do not do that to a child. PERIOD.

About Sharon, she had little chance at ever having a normal life and reading about poor Michael almost achieving a good life only to be stolen makes me ill.

shadowangel
07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
In the course of my research into this case, I've read numerous studies on the effects of abuse. Floyd had, in effect, isolated a very young girl from the entire world. They never stayed in one place for long, making it impossible for Sharon to make any friends or develop any relationships. In Sharon's mind, Floyd may have the only person she did trust. In later years, whenever Sharon was able to make a friend, Floyd found a way to intercede and ruin whatever relationship Sharon may have had.

I can certainly understand the anger Sharon's story creates. But, please, if you feel any anger in this case, direct it at Floyd.

(On a side note, I've had the same problem with losing posts due to the site timing out..What I have been doing is copying the post before submitting. That way, if the site has timed out, I can simply log in, reply, and paste the post rather than losing it).

not_my_kids
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
With kidnapped children, there are several things that are almost always used to keep a person in line and it seems that every one of them was used against Sharon.
1. Using or threatening physical violence.
2. Harming or threatening to harm the persons family. (Sharon probably thought Michael was better off molested than dead.)
3. Threatening to turn the person over to someone that would treat them much worse. (Knowing Floyds thing about orphanages, he probably told Sharon all about them and told her that if Micheal didn't stay with him, he would go to an orphanage.)
4. The constant moving, breaking psychological attachments with other people.(It is quite possible that Sharon never fully bonded with her son, because she never learned what normal human bonding is like.)
5.) Raising the belief that the abductor is a part of a vast network of people that will track the victim down and kill her or bring her back if she tries to escape in any way. (While I have no proof that this was done in the Marshall case, I'd bet dollars to donuts. There is no other way that a wuss like FDF could have controlled her for so long. )

All I'm saying is don't blame the victim, in any case. That is probably part of the reason that Sharon Marshall has been unidentified for so long. The original detectives thought that they just had another dead stripper/hooker on their hands and decided to blame her,at least partially, due to her lifestyle.
Considering what is done to people to keep them quiet and compliant in a situation like the one that Sharon was in, it's amazing that she didn't shut down completely. Most people do.

Cubby
07-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Sorry to bring this up but anyone else NOT see any resemblance between Sharon MArshall and Christina Carter? It's just not there. They are not the same person. Period. I wish the DNA would hurry up so we can put that part of it to rest.

For me it is hard to tell. The pictures of CC, she was still at an age she looked like a baby, by "baby" I mean she still had the appearance of baby fat on her face. I see a big difference in my sons appearance at 4 and 5 than I did at 2 and 3 when he still had that baby fat in his face.

Tuffy101
07-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't really see any change myself, other than the lighting and of course some sagging due to age.

As I recall, Floyd has a small circular tattoo on his upper arm.

I have had a concern in regard to the conviction, after reading some of the available transcripts and Floyd's various and numerous appeals. His conviction was based in large part on the photos that were discovered, showing his torture of Cheryl C. There was no direct evidence that he in fact killed her. The murder weapon was never recovered. I've wondered if in fact Floyd did pull the trigger...Or had someone else do it for him.

If the DA felt the death penalty slipping away in this case on appeal, Sharon's identity could be a bargaining chip to getting Floyd to agree to life without parole in exchange for not seeking a new trial. As far as I'm concerned, Floyd can rot slowly in prison for the next 20 years if we can give Sharon her real name and a proper burial.

where did you see this tattoo....?
you said as I recall ....what photo where you looking at or where did yo read that.....??????

shadowangel
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/Detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=740063308

Floyd's Inmate Population Info Detail. It lists a "tattoo, right arm, upper arm, just a mark". I can't remember exactly where I read that it was circular.

Tuffy101
07-22-2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/Detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=740063308

Floyd's Inmate Population Info Detail. It lists a "tattoo, right arm, upper arm, just a mark". I can't remember exactly where I read that it was circular.

last year there was no tattoo or scar listed....and the Book....stated that there was
no idenffing marks or tattoos....FDF had a plain face....could fit in anywhere
...my Point is FDF...had a clved chin...very noteable....and I checked last year after reading
that he had a plain face and no scare or tattoo....that entry is new...on that jail site
FDF was out of coustody last year....and they took him out to go to another court
and hearing....I did check that out ASAP.....I watch that site and view it often...
Thank you for answering I thought maybe it was in the bookand I missed it..... Maybe Matt B. would like to comment on a plain face fits i anywhere V a cleved chin and a tattoo.

shadowangel
07-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I recall reading it a few years ago. And, if I'm not mistaken, it is shown on one of the videos of him leaving or entering court, possibly the CourtTV show.

Tuffy101
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I recall reading it a few years ago. And, if I'm not mistaken, it is shown on one of the videos of him leaving or entering court, possibly the CourtTV show.
i will have to look at it agan Thanks

Tuffy101
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Some of you recall my previous web site was hacked into and we had to shut it down.

I have a new one going up the end of the month and it will feature a blog with, among other things, updates on the search for Sharon's identity.

You can visit at www.mattbirkbeck.com

Also, I'm trying to recall who fed me the lead on Christina Carter last fall. If it came from someone here please PM me and refresh my memory.

Matt,In your Book.....I read that FDF had a plain face....with No idetifyng marks....
tatoos where not mentioned in your writtings.....not that it matters at this point...
what FDF looked like or looks like....I am just couries as to"Plain Face"
as clearly FDF had....has a destintive chin....was there a reason for this.....can you say why ?...You interviewed him....does he have this claved Chin....thou its been years....this Charter would most likely be remembrable...

Just read your Blog.....Yet I disagree that Christina Carter....resembles Sharon Marshall......did the NCMEC do a computer generated age progreson.....Why not ?

A Lie Is Half Way Around The World By The Time Truth Gets its Shoes On.....

Tuffy101
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
And while we wait for DNA once again.....anyone have photos of Christinas Cartes Mother
I would like to see resemblance.....matched to Sharon Marshall....as we have plenty of photos...of an older Sharon Marshall

christine2448
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Matt- per your request:

i am the one who contacted youi and christina's family regarding a possible link between christina carter and sharon marshall. I still have the original emails to prove it.

I can be reached by PM here or at the email account i have sent to you via Private message here.

please contact me if you have heard anything!

thank you
CuriousInAtlanta

Thanks, I was 'looking' for you....couldn't remember your 'hat'....I should have! I am metroATL. :D

Rhett
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Regarding the cleft chin on FDF. If you look at the prison photo with him in the orange shirt. You will notice that his face and his chin are raised upward and not looking directly at the camera. If you look closely, you can see the slight mark where the cleft is. He still has it only it is hard to see in that particular picture.