View Full Version : Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

Pages : 1 [2] 3

rusty100
06-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Here is the latest photo

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8463329&nav=menu102_2

softsoul
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Looks like the media actually reports on sexual crimes in LV!!

I find it disgusting that the bail for robbing someone with a deadly weapon is over 3X as much as sexually assaulting them with a deadly weapon. What a message that sends. I guess "we" value money more than people/women in this society. Being openly and grossly lewd :confused: will get you the same bail as sexually assaulting a child under 16.

Airbubble
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Nevada is a terrible place to be when it comes to people convicted of any sexual charge. Here in Vegas they cant even keep tabs on where the are living, at the moment they are looking for over a hundred sex offenders that live somewhere in town but dont know where.

christine2448
06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Sarcastic Crime Talk Radio Presents the Brianna Dennison Murder ... (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/crime/2008/06/20/Sarcastic-Crime-Talk-Radio-Presents-the-Brianna-Dennison-Murder)
Sue and Shannon discuss the case of the beautiful Brianna Dennison in Reno, NV. The suspect is still free, there are other victims, so...what can we do to help the case? Tune in and find out!

strach304
06-20-2008, 04:18 PM
That guy doesn't look 20 to me. The burgulary fits too since he tried to break into one of the victims apt.

dontpanic38
06-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen anything related to the Dennison case mentioned and while some details are different, this guy would be someone that I would hope that LE would take a closer look into.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/NEWS01/806180438/1321/NEWS

newshound81
06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
She is Hispanic with brown hair and a small build.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080626/NEWS18/80626004

dee10134
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I haven't seen anything related to the Dennison case mentioned and while some details are different, this guy would be someone that I would hope that LE would take a closer look into.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080618/NEWS01/806180438/1321/NEWS

The fact that an extra pair of panties (that were not Brianna's) was left at the scene and the fact that the perp in the other rapes had shaved genitals makes me very suspicious of this guy... I, too, hope LE is taking a MUCH closer look at this guy.

panthera
06-28-2008, 03:41 PM
She is Hispanic with brown hair and a small build.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080626/NEWS18/80626004
I hope they find Yulma soon and she isn't another victim of the perp who killed Brianna. Her size and general description seem to fit in with the previous victims. :(

panthera
06-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Except for the shaved genital area he doesn't seem to fit the profile of the perp who assaulted the Nov/Dec victims and killed Brianna. The women in these attacks were older and so he also seems much older than the description given by the Dec. assault victim.

newshound81
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Where is this perp? I can't believe this case is going cold.

panthera
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Where is this perp? I can't believe this case is going cold.
:seeya: I saw the new post and thought there might be news!!! Again, I think he might have left town or he's in jail for something else. It just doesn't seem logical that someone would be attacking women a month apart for 3 months and then stop for the past almost 6 mo.

KR2tonenow
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Where is Brianna's killer??

dee10134
07-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe he moved to another city/state? Has anyone heard of similar cases occurring in neighboring states lately?

txsleuth
07-07-2008, 02:00 AM
I've created a website (googlepages) on the case here:

http://denisoncase.googlepages.com/

dee10134
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Good job! :)

strach304
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Great job.

yoohoo
07-15-2008, 08:08 PM
hello, i'm a new poster, but i've been following this case from the beginning. its good to see people are still talking about it. a few of the boards i checked daily are gone now. i live in reno and have my entire life so i will do my best to help.
...i just wanted to mention that even though i was born here 31 years ago, i still am not familiar with the area where he dumped her body. that area used to be all farming marsh-lands and was that way until pretty recently when reno had its huge building boom(is that what you call it?). i never really have any reason to go to that part of town because i dont live around there or work there. besides those 2 things there really isnt any other reason to head out there. its a ways out from downtown. my point is that i never even knew that field existed until now. there are alot of businesses out there and new construction. i just think to be familiar with the area you probably either work or live out there. just my 2 cents

adnoid
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
hello, i'm a new poster, but i've been following this case from the beginning. its good to see people are still talking about it. a few of the boards i checked daily are gone now. i live in reno and have my entire life so i will do my best to help.
...i just wanted to mention that even though i was born here 31 years ago, i still am not familiar with the area where he dumped her body. that area used to be all farming marsh-lands and was that way until pretty recently when reno had its huge building boom(is that what you call it?). i never really have any reason to go to that part of town because i dont live around there or work there. besides those 2 things there really isnt any other reason to head out there. its a ways out from downtown. my point is that i never even knew that field existed until now. there are alot of businesses out there and new construction. i just think to be familiar with the area you probably either work or live out there. just my 2 cents

Thanks for joining in.

I do live on that end of town - when I moved here 14 years ago my lot was a cow pasture. As I live on that end of town I do go by the field where she was found every week. I have always thought where her body was dumped was a strange place to do it - if he wanted her to not be found there's a lot of open desert not too far away, and that one field in the middle of an industrial area just always seemed like an odd choice.

yoohoo
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
thanks very much.
.....i know it was a sunday, but what if he woke up early that morning and had to go to work......and did it on his way to work? maybe he has a job that gets him up that early, and because he knows theres not a ton of traffic around there when he goes to work he saw it as a fine spot. i'm not totally convinced that he would take virginia st all the way there considering its 1 of the main streets in reno, and tons of traffic lights. but it is a straight shot. and perhaps he lives in the north valleys which would even make that more of a straight shot...if he drives that way to work daily, then he would know the unr area.
its so hard to try and think like him, isnt it?!

adnoid
07-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it is.

395 South to the South Meadows offramp, then left at either Gateway or Double R would get you there quick. Both IGT and Charter have big operations right there.

thanks very much.
.....i know it was a sunday, but what if he woke up early that morning and had to go to work......and did it on his way to work? maybe he has a job that gets him up that early, and because he knows theres not a ton of traffic around there when he goes to work he saw it as a fine spot. i'm not totally convinced that he would take virginia st all the way there considering its 1 of the main streets in reno, and tons of traffic lights. but it is a straight shot. and perhaps he lives in the north valleys which would even make that more of a straight shot...if he drives that way to work daily, then he would know the unr area.
its so hard to try and think like him, isnt it?!

yoohoo
07-16-2008, 01:31 AM
yes i guess the freeway....if he was in a hurry. or knew exactly where he was going. i took a drive to the place he left her yesterday since it had been a while since i had done that. it was around 8pm on a monday and i was really surprised at how little traffic there was around there. of course virginia st always has a few cars, and people exiting off of the freeway there. but it gets pretty slow...and dark in those parts which i guess is because it seems to have alot of wherehouses, alot of businesses and when they close for the day, not alot of action. it was strange to see the field and how much the vegetation has grown since they found her. it even looks a little green...you cant even see that area that was just dirt. i also drove by the house by unr. i wanted to see the alley behind the house. seems like that would've been the easiest way to pull the whole thing off...park by the backdoor, enter and exit thru backdoor, and take off down the alley. but i was surprised to find that it isnt even an alley that runs behind the house, its pretty much a deep driveway. i'm guessing that it belongs to the mackay house, even though it has a driveway in the front. guess i need to get a better look at it. i think i didnt focus as much because i noticed that the side sliding glassdoor was open. and even though i read that those girs moved from there, it still caught my eye. does anyone know if the 2 male roommates are still living there...or did they move as well?

softsoul
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Welcome yoohoo. I read on another site that the MacKay house was up for rent earlier this summer. It probably isn't unusual for the rentals around campus to be vacate this time of year with students going home for the summer.

In regard to where the killer left Bri's body, I agree that he is familar with that area. They say most killers leave the bodies in areas they are comfortable in. If Bri was his first murder victim and/or the crime was unplanned then this is even more likely.

This case is getting colder by the minute. Very disappointing.

yoohoo
07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
thanks softsoul.
.....hmmmmmmmmmm....i never thought about the houses clearing for the summer. i know the campus slows down quite a bit, but i didnt consider that alot of the students go home for the summer. that would mean they would have to look for a new place to rent every time they return for school. i guess some do that but personally i really hate the whole moving process. it makes sense though. that makes me wonder if thats why we have not seen our guy since.........takes me back to wondering if he actually could be a student.
either that....or, he just might be really scared right about now =) and he should be. he might not be that tough after all........

newshound81
07-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Did anyone else see this story? First of all, the timing of it is odd. Why are they giving safety tips when most of the students have gone home for summer break?

The headline has me way confused. It makes it seems like either this just happened or that Bri's case is not definitely a kidnapping. Any thoughts?

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPECIAL30/80122019/0/NEWS18&theme=DENISON&template=theme

softsoul
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
yoohoo, you really don't have to be that tough to attack 98 lb. women in their sleep. IMO he is a coward who sneaks up on petite, unsuspecting women. Not much of a "man" by any standard.

newshound, the wording of that is odd. However, the only thing they seem to know for sure is that Bri was killed and the murder was "sexually motivated." I think everyone assumes she was taken against her will but I don't believe there is any concrete evidence to prove that, i.e. no witnesses and no definate signs of a struggle. It is within the realm of possibilities that she left by her own free will but very, very, very unlikely IMO.

I also wonder if the timing of the article is of significance. Maybe they have reason to believe he may attack again soon? Maybe they are trying to keep this in the front of everyone's mind? People do tend to let down their guard as time goes on so it is a good idea to keep reminding them to be aware.

newshound81
07-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Solving 1977 slaying gives hope to police (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS01/807280345/1321/NEWS)
http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS01/807280345/1321/NEWS

Fewer blue ribbons, but no less faith from Bri's family
http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS01/807280348/1321

softsoul
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/NEWS18/80727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

Has some interesting statements which I'll highlight here-

"We know he was stalking and targeting his victims, who were opportunities, but not at random," he said.

"Reno police now say Brianna Denison’s killer walked through an unlocked back door on Jan. 20 when he found her sleeping on her friend’s couch in a rental home on MacKay Court. They believe he was lurking around neighborhoods in the university area in the early morning hours, looking for a victim and fantasizing about an attack.
Investigators believe Denison was dead when her killer removed her from the house. He later left her in a field with two pairs of women’s underwear."

So had he been watching his victims prior to the attacks? I don't know how else to interpret "stalking", unless they mean stalking an area for a victim...but wouldn't that still make them random if they meant not stalking the victims themselves? I'm confused.:waitasec:

newshound81
07-28-2008, 01:21 PM
This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/NEWS18/80727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/NEWS18/80727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews)

"We know he was stalking and targeting his victims, who were opportunities, but not at random," he said.

"Reno police now say Brianna Denison’s killer walked through an unlocked back door on Jan. 20 when he found her sleeping on her friend’s couch in a rental home on MacKay Court. They believe he was lurking around neighborhoods in the university area in the early morning hours, looking for a victim and fantasizing about an attack.
Investigators believe Denison was dead when her killer removed her from the house. He later left her in a field with two pairs of women’s underwear."

So had he been watching his victims prior to the attacks? I don't know how else to interpret "stalking", unless they mean stalking an area for a victim...but wouldn't that still make them random if they meant not stalking the victims themselves? I'm confused.:waitasec:
That is strange, softsoul. What's more, if he entered through the back, what was his visibility of Bri? I know it's been said countless times she was clearly visible from the front of the home and even the street. But did he have a clearcut view of her from the back? Was he maybe just lurking in the driveway leading up to the back of the house and decided to try the door?

I'm glad they have this back in the media again. Hopefully, it will spark someone's memory or prompt someone who may know the perp to come forward.

softsoul
07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
That is strange, softsoul. What's more, if he entered through the back, what was his visibility of Bri? I know it's been said countless times she was clearly visible from the front of the home and even the street. But did he have a clearcut view of her from the back? Was he maybe just lurking in the driveway leading up to the back of the house and decided to try the door?

I'm glad they have this back in the media again. Hopefully, it will spark someone's memory or prompt someone who may know the perp to come forward.

He could have seen her through the front, or side, of the house and decided to enter through the back door. IIRC the back door faces a driveway and he would be less likely to been seen by someone driving or walking down the street. It is really hard to tell how long he was watching Bri and her friends that night. From what I've seen of the house he likely had his choice of viewpoints, unfortunately.

newshound81
07-29-2008, 09:00 AM
He could have seen her through the front, or side, of the house and decided to enter through the back door. IIRC the back door faces a driveway and he would be less likely to been seen by someone driving or walking down the street. It is really hard to tell how long he was watching Bri and her friends that night. From what I've seen of the house he likely had his choice of viewpoints, unfortunately.
I guess that explains why Bri's blanket was found in the kitchen.

Blondieskatz
07-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Did they find blood or body fluids on the couch or blanket to indicate she was dead when removed from the house? I'm just wondering how they know she was already dead when he removed her from the house. :(

LanieCoz
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Did they find blood or body fluids on the couch or blanket to indicate she was dead when removed from the house? I'm just wondering how they know she was already dead when he removed her from the house. :(

They did find what I believe was about a dime or nickel size of blood on her pillow.

newshound81
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Sorry to say it, but maybe there was indication of post-mortem sexual assault and that's how they determined it.

softsoul
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
There may have been something in the autopsy report that indicated death was immediate. Although the blood on Bri's pillow was initially reported to be a "spot", in the Dateline episode KT described it as "splatter" or "spray", I don't remember the exact word she used.

newshound81
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
There may have been something in the autopsy report that indicated death was immediate. Although the blood on Bri's pillow was initially reported to be a "spot", in the Dateline episode KT described it as "splatter" or "spray", I don't remember the exact word she used.
I posed this back before the police actually realized they believe she died at the house (I know her family was saying that from the getgo): if there was a sexual assault after she was taken from the house, there has to be an additional crime scene. I have wondered whether this was the perp's car or his house. I doubt it was outside or at that field because of the cold and the chance of being seen.

Whether or not the perp is still here, maybe some of his evidence is. If LE could find the additional crime scene, it would provide more clues. Even if Bri was simply transported in the car, there'd be evidence. I hope they've checked cars matching the type described by the second victim that have been sold since Janaury.

Blondieskatz
07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Of course, if there were no defense wounds like she was trying to fight against being raped, it would lead me to believe she was already dead also.

CASuzk
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
So many things about this case make me wonder how the newpapers are delivered in that area. Here, it happens about 2-4 am and I when I have seen the news guys, they look like people who don't qualify for other jobs. I keep coming back to the thought that who else would be comfortable and almost invisible roaming around the streets in the early hours: the newspaper delivery people. I know the guy they are said to be looking (as per one victim) for had some print outs on the floor, were they mapquest or new customers? How easy it would be to see young women coming in late at night or early in the morning and then come back and grab one in the night?
Also, it would not seem odd that a guy who delivers papers is out all hours of the night, they have to pick up the papers and then fold and deliver them. To a family member, a guy not being home during the abductions and murders would not seem noticeable or remarkable.

adnoid
08-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Mine is thrown into my driveway by a woman driving a car around 5:00 AM. I pay the paper by having a CC on file, so I never meet the person that delivers the paper.

I remember when I had a paper route as a kid I used to go door to door and collect for the paper - times have changed. Now I add a tip on the CC authorization!

So many things about this case make me wonder how the newpapers are delivered in that area. Here, it happens about 2-4 am and I when I have seen the news guys, they look like people who don't qualify for other jobs. I keep coming back to the thought that who else would be comfortable and almost invisible roaming around the streets in the early hours: the newspaper delivery people. I know the guy they are said to be looking (as per one victim) for had some print outs on the floor, were they mapquest or new customers? How easy it would be to see young women coming in late at night or early in the morning and then come back and grab one in the night?
Also, it would not seem odd that a guy who delivers papers is out all hours of the night, they have to pick up the papers and then fold and deliver them. To a family member, a guy not being home during the abductions and murders would not seem noticeable or remarkable.

newshound81
08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Since LE said they believed Bri died in the house in the latest RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme)=), I am thinking her death really was an accident. Maybe this guy got so scared by that that he's taking time off.

Does anyone know of any other cases like this where an accidental death occured during an attempted abduction or rape? I know of cases where the rapists only committed one murder--the Fairmount Park rapist here in Philly, for one. I am wondering what the criminal progression would be for someone who "accidentally" killed--would they keep killing or go back to lesser crimes?

yoohoo
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
i have a hard time trying to narrow down "who" this guy could be....or what circumstances would put him in that area on that day, and/or that time of day.....or any day for that matter. the paperboy idea seems logical....but you also have to keep in mind that reno is a 24-hour town. of course there are areas that slow down as it gets later, probably most residential areas and parts/most of the industrial areas(by the airport etc). but downtown reno never stops, and there are always people down there. all night long...every night. and especially on the weekends. and since unr is right there, only a few blocks away, that creates a pretty big group of people/types of people that could or would be in that area, on that day, at that time. i guess it could be either he lives, works or goes to school in the unr area...or the area could be nowhere near his home and because hes a predator, he knows where to find his prey.
the paperboy idea is interesting. that would get him up early. that would put him in a residential area. he would be aware of the activity in the neighborhood. and its almost mandatory to have a truck for that. and it wouldnt be strange for him to be gone around that time every morning.
BUT...it would be very hard to do it by yourself--driving and throwing all from the cab of your truck...and having all those papers in the cab as well so you can reach. when i was younger, my best friends brother had a paper route. and i'm not sure how big a normal delivery area is, or if they are all different, or if you can more than 1 area. i just remember him having sooo many papers, and the ordeal of having to roll them and band them, and load them. then the dad would drive while her bro threw them from the back of the truck. and extra bands everywhere, and him being dirty from the ink on the papers. i'm just not sure if you can do that, and remain clean. maybe i just dont know.
another person that could be comfortable roaming the area and be invisable could be some sort of security, mabe for unr. you know....he walks the property, or drives it, checking stuff out. and you'd never think to question what he was doing, or why because hes there to keep it safe =(

softsoul
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Since LE said they believed Bri died in the house in the latest RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme)=), I am thinking her death really was an accident. Maybe this guy got so scared by that that he's taking time off.

Does anyone know of any other cases like this where an accidental death occured during an attempted abduction or rape? I know of cases where the rapists only committed one murder--the Fairmount Park rapist here in Philly, for one. I am wondering what the criminal progression would be for someone who "accidentally" killed--would they keep killing or go back to lesser crimes?

Good question! From all I've heard and read once you cross the line to killing it makes it easier to kill in the future. I think that is probably true for any kind of taboo behavior. I have always thought he did not mean to kill her but was concerned about the others in the house so he was more aggressive in his attempts to subdue her. However, I also read that the doctor who treated the Dec. victim told police that the perp would likely kill his next victim, based on the violence of that attack.

IMO if this guy is scared by Bri's death I think it is because he now knows he is eligible for the needle due to the mitigating circumstances. He was likely "freaked out" afterwards but
I just don't think this guy is capable of feeling guilt or remorse. The fact he attempted to get to the Dec. victim AGAIN indicates to me that he thinks only of himself. I don't think his intent was to apologize to her.:razz:

ETA: I don't think he will necessarily kill again but I don't think he'll hesitate to do so if he feels the need.

newshound81
08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080825/NEIGHBORHOODS/808250312/1247

Class has resumed at UNR. Let's hope this creep doesn't strike again. I do hope that somehow we get new evidence and or clues to this guy's ID....

Reannan
08-26-2008, 09:21 AM
This is scary.....

"Reno police have some concerns about a pair of break-ins near the University of Nevada. They say it may or may not be the work of the man who raped and murdered Brianna Denison.
The break-ins happened at 4 and 5am while young women were asleep in their homes. One happened on the 1100 block of Bon Rea Way with the other on the 900 block of Bell Street. "

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8898318&nav=menu549_2

NewMommy09
08-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for posting that Reannon.
It would make sense that it could be Bri's killer.
Much time has passed, everything has quieted down, and everyone's focused on the Caylee Anthony case.
He could easily feel as though everyone has their guard down right now.
JMO.

newshound81
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
This is scary.....

"Reno police have some concerns about a pair of break-ins near the University of Nevada. They say it may or may not be the work of the man who raped and murdered Brianna Denison.
The break-ins happened at 4 and 5am while young women were asleep in their homes. One happened on the 1100 block of Bon Rea Way with the other on the 900 block of Bell Street. "

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8898318&nav=menu549_2
Wow, those locations are only about half a mile away from MacKay Court...

I wish UNR had their updated crime blotter for August. It would be interesting to see what the campus police wrote down about the incidents.

christine2448
09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I can't hear this at work, didn't notice a date...wanted to post a thread if this is upcoming?

Anyone know about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6XXR15MU

CanManEh
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
i just seen last night on fox news that they now beleive that bre's case is connected to the too other students in the area that were stabbed to death what i dont get is if thats the case and there is a seriel killer out there was it someone different that raped or did whatever to the too that he let go maybe thats a totally different guy if that was a seriel killer like they said they think bre's case is linked too why would he not kill them other too exspescially the one that he new had seen what he was driving and some of the interior..so maybe there is too different guys here...just a thought .

dee10134
09-05-2008, 10:42 AM
This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080727/NEWS18/80727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

[respectfully snipped]

Is there any evidence that she was already dead BEFORE the rapist/murderer came into the home? I'm confused from this report since they believe she was dead when the killer removed her from the house. Did she die of alcohol poisoning or something like that prior to the perp entering the home or did he suffocate her on the couch before taking her out?

softsoul
09-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Is there any evidence that she was already dead BEFORE the rapist/murderer came into the home? I'm confused from this report since they believe she was dead when the killer removed her from the house. Did she die of alcohol poisoning or something like that prior to the perp entering the home or did he suffocate her on the couch before taking her out?
dee, I have never heard anything suggesting she was already dead before he attacked her. I guess it is possible but not probable, IMO. I think there may have been something about either the crime scene or found at autopsy that suggests Bri died during the initial attack, prior to being taken from the house. They have never been specific about the evidence that leads them to believe this.

softsoul
09-06-2008, 10:54 AM
i just seen last night on fox news that they now beleive that bre's case is connected to the too other students in the area that were stabbed to death what i dont get is if thats the case and there is a seriel killer out there was it someone different that raped or did whatever to the too that he let go maybe thats a totally different guy if that was a seriel killer like they said they think bre's case is linked too why would he not kill them other too exspescially the one that he new had seen what he was driving and some of the interior..so maybe there is too different guys here...just a thought .
I've never heard of this theory. Is there a link? TIA

LanieCoz
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
It's so sad to see that this case kind of just slipped away. I can only pray that one day, this murderer slips up and justice will be served.

Reannan
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I know it is a long shot, but take a look at this guy:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd234/reannan1462/Brianna%20Dennison/BrianBennettEdgefiedKidnapping.jpg

This 31 year old guy travelled from California all the way to Edgefield, South Carolina and kidnapped a local 17 year old girl who he had been chatting with on MySpace. The story is a bit odd in that she "agreed to meet him", but didn't know she was going to be kidnapped. She was able to use his cell phone and call home the next day, and they were arrested in Wentzville, Missouri at a convenience store. The FBI is of course looking very closely at him. I would assume, that means they will obtain his DNA profile and compare it to cases, and if it matches the DNA in Brianna's case, they will know fairly quickly. I have no idea where he was taking the local girl he kidnapped. Seems like a very different MO, from Bri's killer, but the minute I saw his picture, I thougth of Brianna. Here is a link to the local article:

http://www.edgefielddaily.com/sheriff090608.html

Reannan
09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Bumping for Brianna - and to find out what you guys thought of the guy that drove from California to South Carolina to abduct a girl. I haven't heard anymore about the case, but I will post it as soon as I do.

Bobbisangel
09-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Bumping for Brianna - and to find out what you guys thought of the guy that drove from California to South Carolina to abduct a girl. I haven't heard anymore about the case, but I will post it as soon as I do.

Who would think that a nice looking man like him would have to hunt for teenagers on the internet to meet with and kidnap and rape! That is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

It sounds like he targeted his victims over the internet instead of stalking them or watching for young people out along or going home along. It's hard to tell though. They should check him and see if he shaves his body.

I thought for sure that LE would have Bre's killer by now. I thought he was probably married with a child because of the child's shoe in the truck. I also thought that him shaving like he did might catch the attention of someone and that they would give LE a call....a wife or girlfriend.

I think LE must mean that he murdered Bre and then took her body and dumped it. I wonder why he didn't just leave her right there? What was the point in moving her?

softsoul
09-14-2008, 08:05 AM
<snip>
I think LE must mean that he murdered Bre and then took her body and dumped it. I wonder why he didn't just leave her right there? What was the point in moving her?

I think the perp was not aware that she had died. He likely thought she had just passed out, which was his intention/pattern. By the time he realized he had actually killed her she was already in his vehicle.

AliVada
09-16-2008, 12:42 PM
This is on CNN's main page today though there is no new news

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/15/grace.brianna.denison/index.html

I wish they would catch this evil man

concernedperson
09-16-2008, 07:34 PM
This is on CNN's main page today though there is no new news

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/15/grace.brianna.denison/index.html

I wish they would catch this evil man

I just saw this at CNN and keeping Brianna's name out there may jog someone's memory. It seems LE has a description of the serial rapist that is more than likely Brianna's killer. There is a tiny mention that Nancy Grace may feature Brianna's case on her show tonight in a small pic to the side of the article.

Reannan
09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Here we are - another week has started, and still no answers or updates from LE??? I am beginning to think the perp is NOT from the local area - otherwise someone would have been tuned in to all of the local news and would have reported him by now.

dee10134
09-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree! This guy may have been a tourist in the area for a little while. I don't think he is a local Reno resident...

MommaGee
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Hello, I lived in Reno until a couple months ago...distantly knew some members of the family but not close or anything. Anyway the last couple posts about him not being in Reno got me thinking of something. I've perused the majority of the posts here and hope that I'm not bringing up something already discussed.

The guy struck a lot in a relatively small amount of time but it doesn't appear he has recently. To our knowledge, his DNA is not in the system. Could he be an exchange student? This could explain the truck with the baby shoe. Perhaps the truck belonged to the sponsor family, guy leaves town and the family never puts two and two together. If he were from overseas and hadn't been caught for anything, his DNA would not be in our system. IF the underpants belonged to a girlfriend or wife back home (I don't know why he'd have them, maybe some sort of memento from home) she probably wouldn't have much, if any, knowledge of this case.

I know the young lady that gave such a detailed description of him said that he did not speak with an accent but what if she was off? Did he speak to her or whisper? A whisper or hushed tone would sound a lot different than a normal speaking voice. She remembered so many details and gave such a good description that maybe the accent or lack thereof was an oversight. It could even be that his accent wasn't a heavy one so it would have gone unnoticed. Or even an American born citizen whose family moved overseas and doesn't have an accent...endless possibilities I guess with that one.

Plausible or no? Thanks.

EnvoyDriver61
09-25-2008, 06:29 AM
A good point about the foreign exchange angle.

Perhaps he was also a senior and it was his last hurrah (for him so to speak) to finally act on his fantasies before he graduated.

Or, he could have been a transfer student. Of course, those theories don't explain the baby shoe as well as yours does.

newshound81
09-25-2008, 09:24 AM
I think that's a great angle. Also, the young woman attacked in December was foreign herself--she may not have been able to differentiate slight accents if the perp was from another country or another part of our country, say New York, whereas someone who'd lived in the southwest awhile probably would.

newshound81
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I noticed there have been several reports of a possible prowler around sorority houses and other residences at UNR. These could just be drunk college guys, but it could also be our perp or another perp:

08-31-08 01:31 hrs UN08-0592 W. 9th St.
Incident
Reported by Officer Jaime McGuire

Officer McGuire responded to a report of a male subject loitering at the entrance of a sorority house on W. 9th Street. The male was asked to leave the area.

09-01-08 05:27 hrs UN08-0596 W. 9th St.
Incident
Reported by Officer Andrew Casacca

Officers responded to a report of a prowler outside a sorority house on W. 9th Street. Officers searched the area with negative results.

09-03-08 15:24 hrs UN08-0603 JCSU
Incident
Reported by Officer Jon Martinez

A university student reported an incident of possible stalking at the JCSU.

09-13-08 02:50 hrs UN08-0678 W. 9th St.
Incident
Reported by Officer Marc Conley

Officers responded to a report of a possible prowler at the Delta Gamma Sorority House. No suspect was found.

09-16-08 03:45 hrs UN08-0682 Evans Avenue
Incident

A university student reported a prowler outside a residence on Evans Avenue. The suspect fled the area when she shouted at him.

09-18-08 02:10 hrs UN08-0686 N. Sierra St.
Incident
reported by Officer Marc Conley

A university student reported a prowler on the roof of a sorority house on N. Sierra Street.

dontpanic38
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Billy Loren Murdock

The news article is from August, and I would assume that LE has looked at him closely, but I was stunned at how similar to the updated description that is on the city of Reno page and this guy's picture are. Even the vehicle struck me at first glance...

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880829015

dee10134
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I noticed there have been several reports of a possible prowler around sorority houses and other residences at UNR. These could just be drunk college guys, but it could also be our perp or another perp:

08-31-08 01:31 hrs UN08-0592 W. 9th St.
Incident
Reported by Officer Jaime McGuire

Officer McGuire responded to a report of a male subject loitering at the entrance of a sorority house on W. 9th Street. The male was asked to leave the area.

09-01-08 05:27 hrs UN08-0596 W. 9th St.
Incident
Reported by Officer Andrew Casacca

Officers responded to a report of a prowler outside a sorority house on W. 9th Street. Officers searched the area with negative results.

09-03-08 15:24 hrs UN08-0603 JCSU
Incident
Reported by Officer Jon Martinez

A university student reported an incident of possible stalking at the JCSU.

09-13-08 02:50 hrs UN08-0678 W. 9th St.
Incident

Officers responded to a report of a possible prowler at the Delta Gamma Sorority House. No suspect was found.

09-16-08 03:45 hrs UN08-0682 Evans Avenue
Incident

A university student reported a prowler outside a residence on Evans Avenue. The suspect fled the area when she shouted at him.

09-18-08 02:10 hrs UN08-0686 N. Sierra St.
Incident
reported by Officer Marc Conley

A university student reported a prowler on the roof of a sorority house on N. Sierra Street.

I wonder if the aforementioned sorority house was the SAME house. It could mean that someone's staking it out looking for an opportunity to strike. I sure do hope LE has beefed up patrols on 9th street...

newshound81
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I wonder if the aforementioned sorority house was the SAME house. It could mean that someone's staking it out looking for an opportunity to strike. I sure do hope LE has beefed up patrols on 9th street...
There have been more reported since last week, including a sexual assault. Isn't Sierra where one of the other victims was attacked?

09-18-08 02:10 hrs UN08-0685 N. Sierra St.
Incident

A university student reported an attempted break-in at a sorority house on N. Sierra Street.

09-23-08 12:00 hrs UN08-0702 Various Locations
Suspicious Person
Reported by Officer Charles Hopps

A university student reported being followed/harassed by a suspicious male.

09-26-08 19:35 hrs UN08-0708 N. Sierra St.
Sexual Assault
Reported by Officer Brad Demitropoulos

A university student reported she was sexually assaulted in a residence on N. Sierra St. The case is being investigated by Reno Police Department due to jurisdiction.

FXSTS
10-11-2008, 05:44 PM
coincidence? 4th and Ralston is very close to the Sands Hotel Casino.http://rgj.com/article/20081010/NEWS18/81010024&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

Ruflossn
10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
coincidence? 4th and Ralston is very close to the Sands Hotel Casino.http://rgj.com/article/20081010/NEWS18/81010024&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

Carrow said Breauna was supposed to be babysitting overnight and took a small backpack with maybe a change of clothes and a toothbrush, but she didn't take contacts and doesn't have her cell phone.

Carrow didn't know who her daughter was babysitting for and didn't know the friend who picked her up.

http://rgj.com/article/20081010/NEWS18/81010024&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

I find it strange that the parents did not know where their daughter was babysitting. However, I am concerned about the cellphone and contacts being left behind. What teenager doesn't want her cell phone w/ her at all times? Breauna also fits the physical descriptions of the type of girl the perp. who assaulted Brianna Dennison would pick. I hope this story has a better ending than the Brianna Dennison's story.
:mad:

Ruflossn
10-11-2008, 07:00 PM
http://m.rgj.com/news.jsp?key=116254&rc=lo

This is a link that gives more info. on Breauna. It sounds like she left on her own. I hope she is safe.

FXSTS
10-12-2008, 11:19 AM
looks like it's a false alarm. http://www.rgj.com/article/20081012/NEWS01/810120370/1004

colette
10-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Newspaper guy trying to keep Brianna's case in the public eye.

http://www.kolotv.com/blogs/masterblogpage/33305609.html

The killer could be a mechanic and he "borrowed" a vehicle with a baby shoe in it, although I feel it was probably his. I'm sure this guy is going to kill or rape again. I hope he is caught soon.

colette
10-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Well they have DNA, so these people can be ruled out. I think this killer is a stranger to Brianna. He is a stalker and raper of women. Poor Brianna just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with an unlocked door.

newshound81
11-06-2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/33737499.html

Check out the comment underneath the story. What a terrible thing to say.

colette
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
You are right newshound, that was just wrong.

colette
11-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I checked the site today and they removed that comment. Good job.

Ladyslipper
11-26-2008, 03:16 AM
***Breaking News*** A suspect is in custody, RPD questioned him Tuesday night. They are performing a DNA test overnight. Results are expected early Wednesday morning. A press conference is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.

This flashed across my television screen @ 12:10 a.m. tonight on KTVN.

I hope and pray they finally caught Brianna's killer.

MariaAngelica
11-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Fox News reports arrest made. I don't want to get in trouble for posting full name, first name: James.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Fox News reports arrest made. I don't want to get in trouble for posting full name, first name: James.

All local news outlets (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2990587#post2990587) are reporting the name, some have pictures. James Biela.

MariaAngelica
11-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks, I couldn't find a link right away and didn't want to post it if I couldn't prove it.

seekingjustice**
11-26-2008, 07:59 AM
About time!!!

http://www.krnv.com/global/story.asp?s=9416901

less0305
11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
I check here so often and finally, finally this morning some news!! I'm anxious to hear what comes from the presser this morning. I hope and pray they finally have in custody the person who perpetrated this horrible crime and justice will be served!

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Woo hoo! I just saw this on Fox. This is fantastic.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Television station KOLO (http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/35120499.html) is reporting that he was arrested at a day care center (http://www.steppingstoneskids.com/aboutourcenter.html) that is about 5.6 miles from where her body was found (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Double+R+Blvd+%26+Sandhill+Rd,+Reno,+Washoe, +Nevada+89521&daddr=1230+Corporate+Blvd,+Reno,+NV+89502&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdzdWgId6MDc-A&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=39.477362,-119.755491&sspn=0.074996,0.170631&ie=UTF8&ll=39.477943,-119.757156&spn=0.074995,0.170631&z=13) and 6.9 miles from where she was abducted. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=1395+Mackay+Court,+reno,+nv&daddr=1230+Corporate+Blvd,+Reno,+NV+89502&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdzdWgId6MDc-A&mra=ls&sll=39.509468,-119.750424&sspn=0.00937,0.021329&ie=UTF8&z=14)

adnoid
11-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I've located a home owned by a man by the same name and a woman with a different last name. It's nowhere near where Brianna was taken, where her body was found or where the day care center is - about 15 miles northwest of downtown. Not sure if it's the same guy, but it's the only person with that name who has recorded documents in Washoe County.

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Television station KOLO (http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/35120499.html) is reporting that he was arrested at a day care center (http://www.steppingstoneskids.com/aboutourcenter.html) that is about 5.6 miles from where her body was found (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Double+R+Blvd+%26+Sandhill+Rd,+Reno,+Washoe, +Nevada+89521&daddr=1230+Corporate+Blvd,+Reno,+NV+89502&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdzdWgId6MDc-A&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=39.477362,-119.755491&sspn=0.074996,0.170631&ie=UTF8&ll=39.477943,-119.757156&spn=0.074995,0.170631&z=13) and 6.9 miles from where she was abducted. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=1395+Mackay+Court,+reno,+nv&daddr=1230+Corporate+Blvd,+Reno,+NV+89502&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdzdWgId6MDc-A&mra=ls&sll=39.509468,-119.750424&sspn=0.00937,0.021329&ie=UTF8&z=14)

Please tell me he wasn't working at the daycare. Sooooo, was this guy arrested for something else and the connection was made? Or was he on LE's radar already?

madeleine
11-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Finally!
I followed this case but am ashamed to say I gave up at some point.

:rose:

adnoid
11-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Please tell me he wasn't working at the daycare. Sooooo, was this guy arrested for something else and the connection was made? Or was he on LE's radar already?

I don't have any answers to those questions, sorry. It appears he was arrested for this crime, not something else,

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't have any answers to those questions, sorry. It appears he was arrested for this crime, not something else,

I can't wait for the presser. It's in about two hours right?

dontpanic38
11-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Forgive me if I don't have everything completely verified and I don't have links to everything, but some pieces of the puzzle are starting to make sense.
Googling James Biela shows a person who is a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu and someone else had found that a James Biela from Reno had previous addresses in Sparks, Reno and Camp Lejeune NC...
There was a lot of discussion about health clubs on this board and it appears there might be something to that! Something else is that the Google results show tons of posts about dietary supplements...

I also noticed that there was a sexual assault on an escort last week or so and from the secret witness posting, the description of the perp is close enough to the mug shot that I wonder if that is what broke the case.
The case is the first listed to the rape/sexual assault section at secret witness.
http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=12

The martial arts and military links would explain the ease in which he was able to subdue his victims. The Camp Lejeune link makes me wonder if there are victims in other states (which could explian the pink panther panties...)

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Dontpanic, thank you! Wasn't there a martial arts place in the same business complex area that Brianna's body was found?

Adnoid, didn't you actuall take pics of that?

newshound81
11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh my God, finally! This case has had me obsessed for almost a year. Practially everyday I've searched the news to see if they got a suspect. I can't believe they think they got him.

10EC_Dad
11-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Forgive me if I don't have everything completely verified and I don't have links to everything, but some pieces of the puzzle are starting to make sense.
Googling James Biela shows a person who is a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu and someone else had found that a James Biela from Reno had previous addresses in Sparks, Reno and Camp Lejeune NC...
There was a lot of discussion about health clubs on this board and it appears there might be something to that! Something else is that the Google results show tons of posts about dietary supplements...

I also noticed that there was a sexual assault on an escort last week or so and from the secret witness posting, the description of the perp is close enough to the mug shot that I wonder if that is what broke the case.
The case is the first listed to the rape/sexual assault section at secret witness.
http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=12

The martial arts and military links would explain the ease in which he was able to subdue his victims. The Camp Lejeune link makes me wonder if there are victims in other states (which could explian the pink panther panties...)

Hey great job! If this all verifies, the pieces seem to fit.

jennyjwv
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
i'm so glad they think they got him!! i can't wait to hear all the details!

dontpanic38
11-26-2008, 11:27 AM
There are picture galleries on the website. I haven't gone through all of them yet, but there is a blue belt with the same name as the suspect.

Also I am extremely curious about the assault on the escort. A lot of people wondered if he was frequenting prostitutes and was keeping a low profile that way... I am really starting to think that the attack on the escort was him.

1350 Stardust St[/URL]
Reno, NV 89503
(http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=1350%20STARDUST%20PLAZA%20%2F%20STE.%20A-7%20reno&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl)

Get Directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=1350%20STARDUST%20PLAZA%20%2F%20STE.%20A-7%20reno&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl)
* approximate times

- [url]http://www.bjjreno.com/

Belt ranking
http://www.bjjreno.com/beltranking.htm

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey great job! If this all verifies, the pieces seem to fit.

Good morning! I haven't seen you for ages! This is such good news isn't it?

10EC_Dad
11-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Good morning! I haven't seen you for ages! This is such good news isn't it?

Good morning to you also!

Life has been busy.

This is great news. I am interested in learning more about the path that led to him. Was it a tip or another crime? It will be interesting!

dontpanic38
11-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I'll say it is good news! I have been here, lurking in the shadows... I haven't posted in a while because I find that anything I have to say someone will beat me to the punch, or it will be something that is so opposite of what the current line of thinking is that sometimes it is best to leave some things unsaid.

But this is why I love this place! I know that what little info I come up with, it will be chewed up and digested by the super sleuths here and then the magic happens!

I am dying for more info!

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll say it is good news! I have been here, lurking in the shadows... I haven't posted in a while because I find that anything I have to say someone will beat me to the punch, or it will be something that is so opposite of what the current line of thinking is that sometimes it is best to leave some things unsaid.

But this is why I love this place! I know that what little info I come up with, it will be chewed up and digested by the super sleuths here and then the magic happens!

I am dying for more info!

So is the martial arts studio that's connected to James, the same one I'm recalling where Brianna was found?

adnoid
11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Dontpanic, thank you! Wasn't there a martial arts place in the same business complex area that Brianna's body was found?

Adnoid, didn't you actuall take pics of that?

I did take pictures of the area, they should be in the threads somewhere. At the office now, I'll see if I can go back & find them.

imwittyru
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
So is the martial arts studio that's connected to James, the same one I'm recalling where Brianna was found?

No, the studio is in Northwest Reno and she was found in South Reno. It is actually closer to the area where she was abducted. Less then 2 miles away.

dontpanic38
11-26-2008, 12:06 PM
I know almost nothing about the Brandy Gallego case, but the wording in the story makes me wonder if the break in the Denison case is breaking other cases...

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/35101484.html

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
No, the studio is in Northwest Reno and she was found in South Reno. It is actually closer to the area where she was abducted. Less then 2 miles away.

Thank you for the clarification. So there is no apparent link to the Martial Arts studio where Brianna was found. The martial arts thing is creepy because it was focused on here early on.

elliottness
11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Thank God! I hope and pray that they got their man.

Biela attended Camp Lejeuene in North Carolina and used to live at 4740 Spring Drive in Reno, Nevada.

He has no criminal records except for 1 misdemeanor from 2000 on a simple worthless check and 1 traffic misdemeanor for speeding also in 2000. Both crimes were committed in the state of North Carolina.

KT Can
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Yay! So glad to logon this morning and read this news! Did a search on the suspects name, coming up with an age of 27 and another previous address in Spokane Valley, WA. Maybe they nabbed him at the daycare when he was picking up/dropping off his young child?

oceanblueeyes
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I am so glad to hear this.

It renews my faith that maybe other unsolved cases will also be solved.

imoo

dontpanic38
11-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Hope this works. I just found an order of protection that was eventually dismissed, but it shows that there is a pattern of violence...

http://www.ccwashoe.com/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=D&case_id=CV02-05658&begin_date=&end_date=

imwittyru
11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Yay! So glad to logon this morning and read this news! Did a search on the suspects name, coming up with an age of 27 and another previous address in Spokane Valley, WA. Maybe they nabbed him at the daycare when he was picking up/dropping off his young child?

He was picked up late last night, So I doubt he was picking up a kid. That address was taken off the public police report of his arrest, but if could have just been the street address and he was pulled over in his car...

There is a news conference in 20 minutes, I will fill in after the news

Mendara
11-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Any word on the press conference they were scheduled to have at 10:30AM?

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I started a thread for the presser. I've found one live link so far.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2992038#post2992038

newshound81
11-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank God! I hope and pray that they got their man.

Biela attended Camp Lejeuene in North Carolina and used to live at 4740 Spring Drive in Reno, Nevada.

He has no criminal records except for 1 misdemeanor from 2000 on a simple worthless check and 1 traffic misdemeanor for speeding also in 2000. Both crimes were committed in the state of North Carolina.
Wow, and didn't people think he could have been a member of the military? Between that and the martial arts training, this guy is fitting what we thought all along.

newshound81
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I know almost nothing about the Brandy Gallego case, but the wording in the story makes me wonder if the break in the Denison case is breaking other cases...

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/35101484.html
That is interesting, though, because she was murdered right before the Nov. 13 victim was assaulted, and found not far from campus. She also had long dark hair.

KT Can
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Just read an article that said he has a young son...trying to find the link. Also came across a comment on KRNV's site saying that his girlfriend turned him in...

GR987
11-26-2008, 01:27 PM
This happening on my birthday could not have been a better gift.

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Authorities searching Biela home; neighbors said he had a low profile (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126015&theme=)
'Take Back the Night' director calls suspect's capture, 'Wonderful and sad' (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126013&theme=)
Brianna Denison's friend expresses relief, anger over suspect's arrest (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126012&theme=)
Denison suspect's neighbors: 'We had no idea' (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126010&theme=)
Denison family: DNA links suspect to rape, murder (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126007&theme=)

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Presser thread at the below link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75619

FXSTS
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey,I've got some information on this guy, from a reliable source.

Apparently,this guy is a plumber and is from Reno in the local union. His wife is a few years older that him and is very controlling. Just after Bri's body was found, he asked for a lay-off from work. He has been in Seattle for most of the year, working up there, but his wife and child stayed down here in Reno. He was using steroids most of last year and
has a very up and down, almost bi-polar personality. He just asked for another lay-off
Friday.

imwittyru
11-26-2008, 01:46 PM
this just posted in the RGJ.com

Someone in the community left a tip with Secret Witness saying that James Michael Biela may have been involved in the murder of Brianna Denison, according to the affidavit for his arrest warrant.
Advertisement

Following that tip, Reno police Detective Adam Wygnanski met with Biela, but he declined to give a DNA sample. He also said that his girlfriend, Carleen Harmon, could provide an alibi for him during the time of Denison’s disappearance, the affidavit said.

Harmon was interviewed and said she had a son with Biela, but said “she could not account for his whereabouts on the early morning hours of either Dec. 16, 2007 or Jan. 20, 2008,” the affidavit said.

She also said she and Biela has “a tumultuous romantic relationship” and it was common for him to leave for days.

She said he moved to Washington between March and September for work, and sold his Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck before he left.

While visiting him there, she said she found a “petite sized women’s thong style underwear/panties inside his vehicle,” the affidavit said. She said she confronted him, and he told them he had stolen them from a laundromat in Washinton.

Harmon provided a DNA reference sample from her 4-year-old son to be compared with DNA evidence found during the investigation.

The Washoe County Crime Lab matched the sample with Biela.

thefragile7393
11-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Wow. I can't believe the finally have the guy...and he has a child! Which we suspected due to the victim's description previously but still...ugh.

newshound81
11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
A criminal complaint was filed Wednesday morning against Biela.

The complaint said that Biela was a pipe fitter working on construction products at the University of Nevada, Reno at the time of Denison's disappearance on January 20, according to Washoe County Sheriff's Spokeswoman Brooke Keast.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
The reports indicate the property I found is his house. Here's a map showing the drive from where Brianna was abducted to his house to where she was found - I doubt that's what he did, but it will give you an idea of the layout:

Abduction Location -> Biela Home -> Location Body Found (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=1395+Mackay+Court,+reno,+nv&daddr=3687+allegrini,+sparks,+nv.+to:Double+R+Blvd +%26+Sandhill+Rd,+Reno,+Washoe,+Nevada+89521&hl=en&geocode=&mra=pe&mrcr=1&sll=39.532884,-119.748227&sspn=0.299744,0.682526&ie=UTF8&z=11)

warbuckle
11-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I have been checking here for months and hoping for an update. Reading this today was bitter sweet. My heart sank when I read the girlfriend allowed them to test the DNA using the child. I can't imagine being in her shoes and finding the thong in his truck. It would be bad enough thinking someone cheated on you but to then realize he was a killer is jaw dropping. Seems like the police should look into any murders in Settle during the time he was there, especially petite women with long dark hair.

Marsha
11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
The reports indicate the property I found is his house. Here's a map showing the drive from where Brianna was abducted to his house to where she was found - I doubt that's what he did, but it will give you an idea of the layout:

Abduction Location -> Biela Home -> Location Body Found (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=1395+Mackay+Court,+reno,+nv&daddr=3687+allegrini,+sparks,+nv.+to:Double+R+Blvd +%26+Sandhill+Rd,+Reno,+Washoe,+Nevada+89521&hl=en&geocode=&mra=pe&mrcr=1&sll=39.532884,-119.748227&sspn=0.299744,0.682526&ie=UTF8&z=11)

If the address you found is the correct address for this creep at 3687 allegrini, sparks, nv. THIS IS VERY CLOSE TO MY DAUGHTER'S HOME IN WINGFIELD SPRINGS!!!!

Leila
11-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I was shocked to learn of an arrest in the murder of Brianna this morning on Fox News. After all this time............finally!

Ruflossn
11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I am so excited about this arrest! I have followed this case from the beginning. The Dennison family must be feeling an indescriable amount of emotion right now. They certainly have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.

However, I feel sorry for the son of the man that was arrested. I hope that when he was arrested, LE apprehended him before, the young son could see his father being confronted by LE.

JDB
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I am so excited about this arrest! I have followed this case from the beginning. The Dennison family must be feeling an indescriable amount of emotion right now. They certainly have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.

However, I feel sorry for the son of the man that was arrested. I hope that when he was arrested, LE apprehended him before, the young son could see his father being confronted by LE.

If I read it right. He was arrested on the road in his car. The Police has been watching him for awhile after the secret tip came in on 11/1
All I can say is I am happy that they finally just might have the guy. And I guess what people were saying about being a traveling prep was wrong. My gut has told me from day 1 it was someone in the area.I just wonder what is going on with the Marines? How many cases lately have had Marines involved?

adnoid
11-26-2008, 04:25 PM
If the address you found is the correct address for this creep at 3687 allegrini, sparks, nv. THIS IS VERY CLOSE TO MY DAUGHTER'S HOME IN WINGFIELD SPRINGS!!!!

That's where it is all right.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 04:27 PM
If I read it right. He was arrested on the road in his car. The Police has been watching him for awhile after the secret tip came in on 11/1
All I can say is I am happy that they finally just might have the guy. And I guess what people were saying about being a traveling prep was wrong. My gut has told me from day 1 it was someone in the area.I just wonder what is going on with the Marines? How many cases lately have had Marines involved?

The rumors I am hearing around town - which are EXACTLY that at this poiint - is the the perp's girlfriend suspected him for some time, but the Secret Witness tip came from one of HER friends, not from the girlfriend herself.

We shall see.

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey SuziQ and Adnoid (and anyone else who knows me)!

I've been lurking on this case - what fantastic news!

I'm back to wondering about the Pink Panther undies. Since the girlfriend suspected him, and it appears may have mentioned it to a friend who called it the tip, don't you think there would have been a tip sooner if the undies were hers - considering how distinctive they are?

JDB
11-26-2008, 05:17 PM

I'm back to wondering about the Pink Panther undies. Since the girlfriend suspected him, and it appears may have mentioned it to a friend who called it the tip, don't you think there would have been a tip sooner if the undies were hers - considering how distinctive they are?

How can we forget Honeywest!!! *S*. It still is unclear if the Pink Panthers were hers

adnoid
11-26-2008, 05:17 PM

Possible. I'm assuming from the stories she did not recognize the undies - but I have a feeling there's more to come out.

JDB
11-26-2008, 05:19 PM
The rumors I am hearing around town - which are EXACTLY that at this poiint - is the the perp's girlfriend suspected him for some time, but the Secret Witness tip came from one of HER friends, not from the girlfriend herself.

We shall see.

Might be true. But from the sounds of the whole thing. She did allow the police to take their sons DNA. Pretso Match. I relly do not care it is nice to know the A Hole is locked up

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Me again

He and the girlfriend bought the house in 2005.

I imagine they are looking at him for the Brandy Gallego murder.

JDB
11-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Me again

He and the girlfriend bought the house in 2005.

I imagine they are looking at him for the Brandy Gallego murder.

From what I read they have him on two cases so far. Hopefully more to come

adnoid
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
More pictures here. (http://rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J7&Dato=20081126&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=811260803&Ref=PH)

I'm hearing reports of the police digging in the yard at this house - looking for links.

JDB
11-26-2008, 05:36 PM
More pictures here. (http://rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J7&Dato=20081126&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=811260803&Ref=PH)

I'm hearing reports of the police digging in the yard at this house - looking for links.

Hey Bud it sounds like the Police are looking at more case up there.
BTW are you getting snow for T day?

adnoid
11-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey Bud it sounds like the Police are looking at more case up there.
BTW are you getting snow for T day?

Looks like the snow will be starting any minute now.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Found a mention of the digging:

11:40 a.m. -- Washoe County Sheriff's detectives are digging in the backyard of a residence where Brianna Denison murder suspect James Biela lived. (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126016)

Rolex
11-26-2008, 05:52 PM

I almost fainted when I heard..I live in Wingfield Springs. I Have two daughters 15 and 17. He lived about 2 miles from my house. Very distrubing.
I hope the bastard gets the death penalty soon.

adnoid
11-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I almost fainted when I heard..I live in Wingfield Springs. I Have two daughters 15 and 17. He lived about 2 miles from my house. Very distrubing.
I hope the bastard gets the death penalty soon.

Yep, I figured we'd hear from you since that's out in your neck of the woods.

Comments on RGJ site say that the GF worked on Double R, near where Brianna's body was found. Also, that she has taken down her Facebook page. Can't blame her.

Rolex
11-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Comments on RGJ site say that the GF worked on Double R, near where Brianna's body was found. Also, that she has taken down her Facebook page. Can't blame her.

Hi Adnoid, thanks for all your info posted here. So scary to think my daughters walked around all summer out here, to the pool, going running, etc. We are all so fortunate he has been caught. I feel so terrible for the Dennison family loss. I hope they fry him, what a terrible sub human to take a life like that.

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 06:15 PM

LOL! You and I seem to be on the same page (as usual). I saw the Facebook deletion. The GF was also in a corporate swimming competition. Her employer was listed as "Employers". Employers Insurance? They have an office in south Reno.

ETA: The swimming info is a PDF. I can't seem to post a link, but you'll (as in everyone but adnoid, I'm sure he has it already) find it in a search of "carleen harmon" + reno

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM
(((Honeywest))) How the heck are you? Interesting thought about the pink panther panties. They belong to someone....now who is the question.

Ladyslipper
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi all, I'm mostly a lurker but I was so relieved last night when I saw the ticker come across the tv. I'm 4 miles from Wingfield Springs. This case has disturbed me since it happened. My son actually lives 3 blocks from where Bri was abducted. RPD took his DNA and some of his friends early on in the investigation. I would drive into that neighborhood and wonder when he was going to strike again.

I'm so thankful we now have a killer off the streets of Reno.

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
(((Honeywest))) How the heck are you? Interesting thought about the pink panther panties. They belong to someone....now who is the question.

I'm good, but not on-line very much. Say hi to The Haven for me if you still go there.

Carleen was a marathon runner too. Not a bad plan considering her BF.

SuziQ
11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm good, but not on-line very much. Say hi to The Haven for me if you still go there.

Carleen was a marathon runner too. Not a bad plan considering her BF.

I haven't been there for ages.

Poor Carleen and son.

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
This was a comment left on one of the RGJ stories:

"Replying to whassup:
Replying to alphareader:
the body of Brianna was found in a field near the workplace of his son's mother.

How do you know? I must have missed that detail. Where did/does she work?

Because I know his son's mother and I know where she works. And their old office over looked the field where she was found."

Rolex
11-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Here is info on the house:

http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/assessor/cama/quickinfoform.php~ParcelID=526-222-22&CardNumber=1

You can also go to zillow.com and type in the address to see the neighborhood and just how close it is to the elementary school right behind my house..

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 08:10 PM
In October, 2006, "James M. Biela , 25 and Carleen J. Harmon, 32, both of Sparks" applied for a marriage license. Luckily for her they apparently didn't go through with it.

Also, in 2006, Jeffry [sic] Paul Biela was busted. In one of the news reports the suspect was noted to have a brother named Jeffrey.

Detectives from the regional Street Enforcement Team seized more than two pounds of marijuana Friday from a Verdi home after they received citizen complaints about drug sales, police said.

"About 2.27 pounds of marijuana, prescription pills, a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun and $959 in cash were seized during the operation, Sgt. Brent Teasley said.

Jeffry Paul Biela , 30, of Verdi and Jayme Kaye Simpson, 25, of Reno, were booked into Washoe County Jail of suspicion of possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sales, maintaining a residence for the purpose of sales and possession of clonazepam, authorities said."

Further - Jeffrey Paul Biela graduated from UNR in December, 2006.

SieSie
11-26-2008, 08:37 PM
I was so glad to hear that they arrested someone in Brianna's case, and that they have DNA matching him. :clap: My prayers for Brianna's family and friends.

KR2tonenow
11-26-2008, 08:39 PM
***Breaking News*** A suspect is in custody, RPD questioned him Tuesday night. They are performing a DNA test overnight. Results are expected early Wednesday morning. A press conference is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.

This flashed across my television screen @ 12:10 a.m. tonight on KTVN.

I hope and pray they finally caught Brianna's killer.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20081126/Serial.Rapist/

Okay, I am updated. Glad to hear!! What a bittersweet relief for Brianna's family.

H0NEYWEST
11-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Holy Crap! Have you guys seen Daddy?

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS01/81126048

Reannan
11-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I am SO happy to hear that an arrest has been made. It will never bring Bri back, but it brings the rest of the world, and her family, one step closer to justice. It also saves the life of another young lady, IMHO. I have been traveling today from Georgia to Missouri, and it is funny because as I drove by fields and industrial areas near St. Louis today, I thought about Brianna. I said a silent prayer along the interstate that someday, her killer would be brought to justice. I get here, finally to a computer, and I log onto see this wonderous news. The picture of his father is definitely shocking!!! So is this statement by his father about a younger sibling that died, I believe before James Biela was even born:

“Joey is in heaven,” he said. “He hit his head in the crib three days before he was 9 months old.”

Yikes!

concernedperson
11-26-2008, 09:55 PM

Whew!!!

Gonna be more to this story and then the other post about baby Joey hitting his head 3 days before he died at 9 months. Something grim will emerge with this family picture I am afraid.

I have been away but did read early this morning that James was arrested at a children's center. I need to find out why he was there so maybe it is in earlier posts.

Ruflossn
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Whew!!!

Gonna be more to this story and then the other post about baby Joey hitting his head 3 days before he died at 9 months. Something grim will emerge with this family picture I am afraid.

I have been away but did read early this morning that James was arrested at a children's center. I need to find out why he was there so maybe it is in earlier posts.

I thought the same thing about the baby dying from head trauma due to an accident in his crib. As for the Father of James, the photos were almost to much for me to look at.

James was arrested at a daycare. He was dropping off his son. I hope that LE did not let the 4yo son see his Daddy arrested.

concernedperson
11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I thought the same thing about the baby dying from head trauma due to an accident in his crib. As for the Father of James, the photos were almost to much for me to look at.

James was arrested at a daycare. He was dropping off his son. I hope that LE did not let the 4yo son see his Daddy arrested.

Oh, thank you so much. I was worried all day that he worked at a daycare center and, well, you know. I feel sure LE didn't arrest him in front of his child but rather picked a spot that would be quiet and safe after his child had entered and before James could drive away. Unsuspecting place with probably good ingress and egress and not a likely place or rather an opportunity for hostages.If he was confronted at home he may have hurt his son and his girlfriend....or at least that is the rationale. I am sure someone will have pics of the daycare center soon.

I am extremely glad he is off the streets.

mikesmom1989
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM

LOL, honeywest, you killed me !!!!! pretty scarey looking !!
seriously though, i am so relieved for her family that at least this creep is off the street and where he belongs...

Ruflossn
11-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh, thank you so much. I was worried all day that he worked at a daycare center and, well, you know. I feel sure LE didn't arrest him in front of his child but rather picked a spot that would be quiet and safe after his child had entered and before James could drive away. Unsuspecting place with probably good ingress and egress and not a likely place or rather an opportunity for hostages.If he was confronted at home he may have hurt his son and his girlfriend....or at least that is the rationale. I am sure someone will have pics of the daycare center soon.

I am extremely glad he is off the streets.

I would have loved to have seen LE arrest him. I bet they did it quickly and w/ authority. You know they had to have had a plan for the entire thing. Thank-goodness he did not escape capture nor did he hurt anyone while being arrested.

elliottness
11-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving today especially Brianna's family and friends. If anyone on here knows them, please let them know that even though the police got their suspect that this is far from over and we're not going anywhere.

My gut feeling tells me that Biela is the guy that did this and the DNA plus corroborating stories point to his guilt. I hope that the prosecution pushes for the death penalty against this guy. That being said, I don't know when the trial will begin but I think we all have to keep in mind that it is going to be extremely painful and difficult for Brianna's family to relive and listen to recounts of her rape and murder. We need to be there for them and provided them with the love and support we've done throughout this investigation. Seriously, I know all too well how many defense attorneys in this country wind up putting the victim on trial. I say all of this as a warning for possible things to come.

Biela's defense attorney will probably try to make an excuse for him whether it's bi-polar or something else and the attorney might say something like "Well, Brianna should have had the door locked that night." In other words, they are going to employ a strategy not uncommon today in courtrooms: BTV (Blame The Victim). I hope and pray they don't do this, but some of these defense attorneys have no conscience whatsoever and are only interested in winning cases and making money. They don't care about the victims nor do they even care about their clients, really. So be prepared and let's all stick together because we've been a great team and Brianna and her family need us.

Thank you all so much for listening and creating this website. Today I am thankful for all of you being in my circle of friends and we've got a great team here.

NSC
11-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I am so happy to see an arrest in this case. What a psychopath!!! And now people can rest a little more easy knowing he is off the streets. I have to say with the arrest in this case and the Pressly case it offers what little the families can be thankful for this holiday given the circumstances of their loved ones being taken from them. Round of applause to LE and secret witness. And God Bless the family of Brianna Dennison.

Ruflossn
11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I am so happy to see an arrest in this case. What a psychopath!!! And now people can rest a little more easy knowing he is off the streets. I have to say with the arrest in this case and the Pressly case it offers what little the families can be thankful for this holiday given the circumstances of their loved ones being taken from them. Round of applause to LE and secret witness. And God Bless the family of Brianna Dennison.

Well Said, NSC. I have followed this case and the Presley case since the ladies were so tragically murdered. I am so THANKFUL that both cases have had an arrest of the (innocent until proven guilty) monsters that did these horrible crimes.

Flossie

P.S. ~ Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

panthera
11-27-2008, 03:44 PM

First, I'm so glad there's finally been an arrest for Brianna's murder and hope this monster gets just what he deserves. DNA doesn't lie, imo, so it's pretty much sure he is the perpetrator. As for his father, all I can say is ~ OMG! :eek:

MOO

panthera
11-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I was just reading through this article http://www.rgj.com/article/20081127/NEWS01/811270333 and noticed some details that have come out which go along with theories some of us had at the time (good work fellow WSers!!), such as him being employed in construction (working outdoors so his arms would be more tanned than the rest of his body), the location where Brianna was found (near where his ex-girlfriend worked, an area he'd be familiar with), where he was working when these crimes occurred (in construction at the university), and especially the fact he does have a small child (the baby shoe found in the truck). Also interesting is he left the area in March (I thought he'd done that too!) and had sold the truck that the December victim had described. :)

Rolex
11-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I just drove by the house. It is less than 1 mile from my house! in an area called the 'foothills' of Wingfield Springs. My daughters friend lives right across the street from the psycho scumbag. I am so thankful he is off the streets so can't do this to anyone else. What a POS.

panthera
11-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I just drove by the house. It is less than 1 mile from my house! in an area called the 'foothills' of Wingfield Springs. My daughters friend lives right across the street from the psycho scumbag. I am so thankful he is off the streets so can't do this to anyone else. What a POS.
Wow ~ and I bet your daughter's friend had no idea either who he really was. It is scary how these monsters can be so close. :eek:

SeriouslySearching
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
YESSSS! FINALLY! The POS was caught! I am thankful for a lot today!! Wow!

TopGunner
11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
First, I'm so glad there's finally been an arrest for Brianna's murder and hope this monster gets just what he deserves. DNA doesn't lie, imo, so it's pretty much sure he is the perpetrator. As for his father, all I can say is ~ OMG! :eek:

MOO

I second this! So bitter sweet for Brianna's family.

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
It is very interesting to go back through the profiles of what we thought we were looking for now and the early conclusions we reached on this case. We were pretty much on target.

I still don't think he looks anything like the sketch tho.

MCDRAW
11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
It is very interesting to go back through the profiles of what we thought we were looking for now and the early conclusions we reached on this case. We were pretty much on target.

I don't think he looks like the sketch either.

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Here is a good booking photo of him (larger than others I have seen):

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/national_world&id=6527823

colette
11-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm wondering if he has gained some weight since the crime, that would make a difference. There was another picture of him walking next to some police, the guy looked huge.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126016

lets see... get rid of the truck, move and change appearance by gaining weight...

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 03:05 PM
While I do think he probably has gained weight, his neck size and face didn't triple in size...imo. The hairline looks more like the deputy standing behind him than his own. The sketch is just way off.

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Did we ever come up with a Toyota truck? I thought we did at some point. Anyone remember?

Ruflossn
11-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi SS~
I remember WS discussing a Toyota Truck.
I am wondering if Washington state authorities have found any rapes this monster may have been responsible for? I bet they are actively checking their records.

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I was just wondering the same thing about Washington and even Idaho near to where he sold his truck.

Also...do you know how tall this guy is? He doesn't look short to me. Their original stat was 5'6"-5' 8", IIRC.

Ruflossn
11-28-2008, 03:24 PM
SS~
Just looked through a bunch of posts, I can not find where it says how tall he is.
~sorry~

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I still haven't found it either. I can't find his arrest info. Anyone have it yet?

scenario
11-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I was just reading on channel 10 (WBNS)news here in Columbus Ohio and they are reporting that they arrested 27 year old James Biela for the murder of Brianna Dennison. They are investigating him for a string of rapes here in Northwest Columbus.

colette
11-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Here is a link about the Columbus rapes and Biela. I wonder why they think he was in Ohio. The rapes took place around June 4, 2008 into fall. I thought Biela was in the Northwest, but who knows.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/11/26/story_nevada.html?sid=102

Here is a link with a picture of the rapist... a big fat guy....

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/10/28/story_rapes.html?sid=102

panthera
11-28-2008, 06:57 PM

That's what I found so interesting too. So many of us were right on with our predictions of who he could be, from the type of work he does, to a connection to the area Brianna was found in, and the baby shoe in the truck. I also thought he'd left the area and he did in March. MOO

panthera
11-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Here is a link about the Columbus rapes and Biela. I wonder why they think he was in Ohio. The rapes took place around June 4, 2008 into fall. I thought Biela was in the Northwest, but who knows.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/11/26/story_nevada.html?sid=102

Here is a link with a picture of the rapist... a big fat guy....

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/10/28/story_rapes.html?sid=102
This is what I was afraid of ~ that he had committed other crimes since starting his spree in Reno last November. But Ohio ~ how would that fit in with him supposedly being in Washington? :waitasec:

panthera
11-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Did we ever come up with a Toyota truck? I thought we did at some point. Anyone remember?
I did!!! :D I had googled the interior of a Toyota Tacoma and found that dome light. I think the link should still be here somewhere.

colette
11-28-2008, 08:12 PM
no connection

"Investigators in Columbus, Ohio law enforcement contacted police here to see whether there was a connection between Biela and a serial rapist in their area. Police have determined there is no connection."

http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/35236219.html

SeriouslySearching
11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I did!!! :D I had googled the interior of a Toyota Tacoma and found that dome light. I think the link should still be here somewhere.:clap::clap::clap: Good work, Panthera!! :)

panthera
11-28-2008, 10:45 PM
:clap::clap::clap: Good work, Panthera!! :)
Thanks SS!! I think we all were very good with our sleuthing! :woohoo:

LillyRush
11-28-2008, 11:58 PM
This is such great news. One less raping, murdering slimeball off the streets. God..this and the news of Anne Pressley's murderer being found...it's like injecting new hope into all of the other unsolved cases out there.

Kudos to the girlfriend's friend who called the tip line. She could have just shrugged the whole thing off and assumed that Biela was just a cheating jerk. This certainly puts a new twist on finding another woman's underwear among your boyfriend's belongings, doesn't it?! I also think the previous rape victim deserves a part of that reward, if she hasn't gotten one already. She did a fantastic job of describing this guy, his truck and just adding a lot of details that probably helped people make a connection to this Biela guy. Also, there was some really good connecting of details going on within these threads.

It's frightening that this creep made it all the way up here to Washington state over the last few months. But, that certainly explains the lack of activity from him in the Reno area. It doesn't say, but I'm guessing that he was staying near his mother and sister who live in Spokane Valley. That is in Eastern Washington, 4-5 hrs away from Seattle, btw. That is ironic that he has ties to Spokane Valley. A serial rapist from the early 80s, "The South Hill"/Spokane Valley rapist, was recently in the news again because he was up for parole and prosecutors (along with previous victims) were in court again fighting to keep him in jail. Anyway, I just thought that was an interesting coincidence.

adnoid
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
New article today, not much new info:
Police search for additional victims (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081128/NEWS18/81128045&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews)

"...Authorities also suspect James Michael Biela, 27, sexually attacked two other college students in cases not charged — a total of four victims targeted at a pace of once a month..."

SeriouslySearching
11-29-2008, 01:38 AM
I wonder why they made such a big deal about the thongs they found being "entwined" when the reports now simply say they were found underneath her legs?

The December victim said her attacker kept her underwear. And when Denison’s body was found Feb. 15 in a field near where Harmon worked, two pairs of size small thong underwear were under Denison’s legs.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081128/NEWS18/81128045&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews

panthera
11-29-2008, 08:42 PM
New article today, not much new info:
Police search for additional victims (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081128/NEWS18/81128045&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com%2Fbreakingnews)

"...Authorities also suspect James Michael Biela, 27, sexually attacked two other college students in cases not charged — a total of four victims targeted at a pace of once a month..."
That means four victims besides Brianna or including Brianna? I thought he'd been connected to the Nov. & Dec. attacks, or was it just the Dec. 2007 attack and Brianna? :confused:

SeriouslySearching
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
They must have decided to include the one at the parking garage then?

colette
11-30-2008, 12:48 PM
The detective talks about the case in this article... "A tip on Nov. 1 stuck out: A woman reported that her friend's boyfriend exhibited strange behavior and fit the Denison suspect criteria, such as having size small thong underwear in his truck"....

"My suspicion began with that phone call," Wygnanski said. "I told him we were conducting an investigation, and I needed a few minutes of his time. I didn't tell him what it was about, and he hung up. It was strange he never asked me what the investigation was about.

"If the police come to your house and leave a card that says they're from the robbery/homicide unit, wouldn't you want to know what it was about?"

Biela was sweating and fidgety, he said. He was nervous and would not make eye contact.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081128/NEWS/811280498/1004

wandering
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
SS~
Just looked through a bunch of posts, I can not find where it says how tall he is.
~sorry~http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126016
Biela, who is 6-foot and weighs 190 pounds, seemed in disbelief, Keast said.

wandering
11-30-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=9424578

Carleen Harmon says in court documents they had a ‘tumultuous romantic relationship.' And this past winter she says Biela would disappear claiming to sleep in his truck.
He later sold the truck to someone in Idaho then moved to Washington in March where he worked on a plumbing project. "That was after the assault happened so he just carried on life like a normal person," says Kristin Havelka.

wandering
11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.kolotv.com/news/headlines/35162294.html

Biela lived in a suburban Sparks home with his on-and-off girlfriend and their child. Back in March, when police released a sketch and a vehicle description in the case, the heat was turned up. They say Biela fled to Washington for a job, and when his girlfriend went to bring him home, she became suspicious.
"Somewhere in that journey or contract, she'd discovered some evidence in his pickup truck that concerned her, and she shared that information or story with her friend," said RPD Chief of Police Michael Poehlman.
A pair of underwear, a re-occuring symbol in the Brianna Denison murder, was what helped break the case. Since the disappearance, more than two-thousand tips have come into the police department. And on November 1st, the tip they'd been waiting for. Biela's girlfriend's friend called the police, sending them in the right direction.

SeriouslySearching
11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Biela, who is 6-foot and weighs 190 pounds, seemed in disbelief, Keast said.Thanks for finding this! I was quite curious.

newshound81
11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
So, what are you guys thinking about how he spotted Brianna? We now know he came in through the back door of Mackay Court. Do you think he had been scoping out the house the night before or before the girls went to bed the night of the 20th?

wandering
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
So, what are you guys thinking about how he spotted Brianna? We now know he came in through the back door of Mackay Court. Do you think he had been scoping out the house the night before or before the girls went to bed the night of the 20th?I think he was around the area long enough to know that the apartment was a transient rental. I think he was lurking around, window-peeking.

"Police said Biela had been working construction at the time of the crimes for a local company doing a project for the University of Nevada, Reno, near where the offenses occurred. Detectives on Wednesday were trying to determine if he worked the college projects."

wandering
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
They're going for the DP:

"Biela's first court hearing is scheduled for December 10th at 1:30 in the afternoon. District attorney Gammick, says he'll be team-trying the case with chief prosecutor Elliot Sattler. Gammick says no doubt, he'll be asking for the maximum sentence, which in this case would be the death penalty."

panthera
11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
That's what it must be, the Oct. & Nov. incidents. I'd just thought the Nov. one was already included.

panthera
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
They're going for the DP:

"Biela's first court hearing is scheduled for December 10th at 1:30 in the afternoon. District attorney Gammick, says he'll be team-trying the case with chief prosecutor Elliot Sattler. Gammick says no doubt, he'll be asking for the maximum sentence, which in this case would be the death penalty."
Deservedly so, imo. :furious:

TheBugHouse
12-01-2008, 01:17 AM
...............I still don't think he looks anything like the sketch tho.
>
You're kidding!?!?
http://krnv.images.worldnow.com/images/9416901_BG4.jpg

Anubis
12-01-2008, 12:26 PM
The sketch shows a much narrower face and neck but the nose and eyes are dead on. The mouth, ears and hair are off. I can tell you for certain that the Sparks and Reno LE worked this case tirelessly. I thank God for their work and for the bravery of the girlfriend letting her baby's DNA sample be taken.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
>
You're kidding!?!?
http://krnv.images.worldnow.com/images/9416901_BG4.jpgNo. I am not kidding.

thefragile7393
12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
I have to agree with SS and another poster..that sketch does not look similar at all, and if I had seen the sketch and the perp passed me I wouldn't put two and two together.

adnoid
12-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I have to agree with SS and another poster..that sketch does not look similar at all, and if I had seen the sketch and the perp passed me I wouldn't put two and two together.

I agree. I was looking at every guy I saw that remotely resembled that sketch, if I had sat and talked with the now-arrested perp I would not have connected the two.

And that is the sketch based on interviews with other victims - correct? Yikes.

Now, if he has recently gained significant weight if could be that an older picture will come out that matches. I hope that's the case.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I am just glad the friend came forward to leave that tip. They thought it would come down to the girlfriend/SO and it did.

LillyRush
12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
The sketch shows a much narrower face and neck but the nose and eyes are dead on. The mouth, ears and hair are off. I can tell you for certain that the Sparks and Reno LE worked this case tirelessly. I thank God for their work and for the bravery of the girlfriend letting her baby's DNA sample be taken.

I think that the eyes and nose are similar too. But, at some point, he gained more weight and that kind of throws off the rest of the face. Fortunately, this guy was an idiot who started getting sloppy and doing other things that apparently led his girlfriend to start snooping around.

adnoid
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I am just glad the friend came forward to leave that tip. They thought it would come down to the girlfriend/SO and it did.

I would feel better if the GF herself had called. As I read the story the perp's GF told one of HER friends, and that friend is who called. That tells me there was a period of time during which the GF felt he was the perp but the tip had not been called in. I would hate to find out that some other woman was hurt in this time period, it would make me VERY unsympathetic toward the GF.

Still, he's locked up and it looks like they've got him and he can't hurt anyone else. That's good. Give him a fair trial and then execute him.

SeriouslySearching
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
It sounded to me like the friend came forward with the information soon after she heard it. The GF probably did have suspicions early on tho. How could she not?! She had not left the area and knew about the certain shaved areas plus description of the vehicle inside and out. I think the recent find of the underwear drove it home to her. She should have come forward much sooner instead of waiting until she was confronted with it in such a way. She waited until it affected her directly which is wrong (ie. jealousy).

LanieCoz
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm so happy they finally got that POS. I have been checking religously on anything new with this case. I know it's such a bittersweet feeling for Bri's family. My heart goes out to them.

As far as the sketch goes, I think there are some simalarties but nothing that would make you say "OH MY THAT'S THE GUY FROM THE SKETCH" if you were sitting next to him. Let's be honest though, sketches are great. But how many people actually remember the exact face on a sketch? I for one don't, but that may just be me. :rolleyes:

I would love to find out for sure whether it was the GF or the GF's friend that called in the tip. I believe I read it was the friend. I can believe that. If she was going to call it in, it would have happened much sooner because I'm sure she had been suspicious from the beginning. JMO!

Since I'm quite sure it was the friend that called in the tip, I would love to know what kept her from calling herself if she was so suspicous.

panthera
12-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree. I was looking at every guy I saw that remotely resembled that sketch, if I had sat and talked with the now-arrested perp I would not have connected the two.

And that is the sketch based on interviews with other victims - correct? Yikes.

Now, if he has recently gained significant weight if could be that an older picture will come out that matches. I hope that's the case.
I'm with you and the others who don't think they matched. Recent weight gain was another possibility I thought of too ~ so maybe he did look more like the sketch a year ago when the other victim saw him. I'm just glad the DNA did match!! MOO

colette
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
The girlfriend most likely did not want to believe the father of her son was a rapist murderer. She probably thought "he looks nothing like the wanted poster" and lot's of younger guys "shave down there".

LillyRush
12-02-2008, 04:41 AM
I was under the impression that the girlfriend was talking to her friend about her relationship troubles and mentioned finding the underwear....seeming to think he may be cheating, not that he was the serial rapist. From there, it was the friend who put two and two together and made the call to the tipline. I'm not even sure that the girlfriend was aware her friend had called the tipline, until the police started investigating and contacted her directly.

It would be interesting to find out when they had that conversation....I'm not sure if it's been mentioned whether she found this underwear in his old truck or whether this is new evidence she found in his current vehicle. That would be huge. I'm sure they're looking into it and there seem to be a lot of different LE departments across the country sending them cases to compare.

But, I agree that if his girlfriend and her friend discussed these things much earlier this year then it's pretty lame that the tipline was only called recently. My guess is that problems probably started happening again in the relationship when he returned to Nevada and the girlfriend started going over all the things he'd done wrong. As others have mentioned, it sounds like she waited till the situation affected her personally and she started to become jealous, suspect cheating on his part, etc.

colette
12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I believe the underwear his girlfriend found was in the new vehicle. She found it when she was helping him move back to Nevada.

Passion0x
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I have never seen a murder case get so much publicity here. I am ecstatic that he was found! :woohoo:

im new here. if i make a mistake, please help!

colette
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I have never seen a murder case get so much publicity here. I am ecstatic that he was found! :woohoo:

Welcome PassionOx! I think the brazenness of the crime, grabbing a sleeping women right off the couch and then leaving other underwear with her body made this crime more unusual.

wandering
12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
It sounded to me like the friend came forward with the information soon after she heard it. The GF probably did have suspicions early on tho. How could she not?! She had not left the area and knew about the certain shaved areas plus description of the vehicle inside and out. I think the recent find of the underwear drove it home to her. She should have come forward much sooner instead of waiting until she was confronted with it in such a way. She waited until it affected her directly which is wrong (ie. jealousy).I don't know what you mean about "it affected her directly." If I figured out something like that, I'd call my closest friend and try to calm down a little bit. Do we know if his GF asked her friend to call?

thefragile7393
12-02-2008, 01:59 PM
That's good. Give him a fair trial and then execute him.
:biglaugh: Love that sense of humor of yours!

Now I'm off to ponder that girlfriend of his..........

NewMommy09
12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Forgive me, as I have been M.I.A. since early Tuesday and I only just read the news today that Bri's killer had been caught. I really don't have the time to read all the articles and everything that has been posted.

Does anyone know if it is known WHERE Biela lived or frequented when he moved away from Reno in March?
I'm sure the police are looking into this, but it would be interesting to be able to do a little research on our own.

Also, I agree with many of the other posters who have stated that they don't feel he looks very much like the sketch. I can see a resemblance in the eyes mostly, but the sketch looks like someone much thinner. I would not have ever suspected Biela going by that sketch. However, in some of the family photo's that have been released, mostly with him in his marine uniform, he looks much thinner, so I too am wondering when he gained all the extra weight.

Thank GOD for bringing justice to Bri and all those who have prayed for her case to be solved.

Passion0x
12-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Biela lived in Spanish Springs which is about 20 minutes away from Reno.

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Isn't Spanish Springs in or near Sparks?

adnoid
12-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Isn't Spanish Springs in or near Sparks?

Yes. North of Sparks up the Pyramid Highway:

Reno & Sparks (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.594049,-119.74102&spn=0.212175,0.342293&z=12)

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks, Ad. A lot of us thought he might be from the Sparks area for some reason.

dee10134
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
This is excellent news! God bless Bri and her family and thank God another rapist/murderer is off of the street!!!

dee10134
12-02-2008, 09:26 PM

That's awfully prejudgemental...

panthera
12-02-2008, 09:46 PM

Welcome and I'm glad you're local to the case! :)

SeriouslySearching
12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
That's awfully prejudgemental...Maybe so...but I have to agree to a certain extent. The father's appearance does give me pause.

We often wonder why these men turn out to be the monsters they are and we do look at the parents/upbringings for clues. The father appears to be very much outside of the norm. Does it indicate problems which began earlier in the family? It could or it could mean nothing.

Marsha
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
That's awfully prejudgemental...

I don't think it's prejudgemental at all! If I saw that father hanging around a park with children I would tell them to beware!! He has a Charlie Manson look to me.

txsvicki
12-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Thank God the rapist murderer was caught before harming anyone else. I thought the father of the suspect looked like he could be very ill, very thin and sickly. The tatoos were kind of strange though, especially the bow looking one under the neck.

GR987
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Have anyone of the moderators checked to see if he created an account on here. Although I doubt that he used his real name.

lizzybeth
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
This may have been asked before (if so, I apologize) but why did they blur the photos of his sister but not his brother? He's just as innocent as the sister, isn't he?

adnoid
12-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Have anyone of the moderators checked to see if he created an account on here. Although I doubt that he used his real name.

Nothing that jumped out at me. In these cases if documents are made public that list email or IP addresses we will sometimes look them up, but there's been nothing so far.

adnoid
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM

This morning's paper indicated that he is currently charged with Brianna's murder and an assault referred to as the "December 16th incident". The DA says they plan to add charges for 2 more incidents, to bring the total victims to 4.

The paper also repeated the request that anyone who was assaulted and did NT report it at the time to please come forward now.

dee10134
12-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think it's prejudgemental at all! If I saw that father hanging around a park with children I would tell them to beware!! He has a Charlie Manson look to me.

I would never judge someone because they have tattoos or piercings or because they look different or have weird hair or different colored skin or whatever. Some of the best people I have ever met have been covered in tattoos.

Judging people by their appearance is just plain WRONG.

Besides, his father isn't the rapist murderer here...

JMHO

Passion0x
12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Im not sure if this has been posted already, but James Biela did Jiu Jitsu. He has a blue belt. My boyfriend has grappled with him in the past.

Vegas Bride
12-03-2008, 03:31 PM

The appearance does stand out, but we also have to remember that evil wears many faces, Ted Bundy had many people fooled because he fit in so well.

VB

LillyRush
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
He moved to Washington state. His sister and mother live in Spokane Valley. So, I would guess maybe he was staying near them (Eastern side of WA state). But, I'm not certain. That would make sense though, since he sold his truck in Idaho which is bordering that area.

Forgive me, as I have been M.I.A. since early Tuesday and I only just read the news today that Bri's killer had been caught. I really don't have the time to read all the articles and everything that has been posted.

Does anyone know if it is known WHERE Biela lived or frequented when he moved away from Reno in March?
I'm sure the police are looking into this, but it would be interesting to be able to do a little research on our own.

Also, I agree with many of the other posters who have stated that they don't feel he looks very much like the sketch. I can see a resemblance in the eyes mostly, but the sketch looks like someone much thinner. I would not have ever suspected Biela going by that sketch. However, in some of the family photo's that have been released, mostly with him in his marine uniform, he looks much thinner, so I too am wondering when he gained all the extra weight.

Thank GOD for bringing justice to Bri and all those who have prayed for her case to be solved.

MCDRAW
12-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I would never judge someone because they have tattoos or piercings or because they look different or have weird hair or different colored skin or whatever. Some of the best people I have ever met have been covered in tattoos.

Judging people by their appearance is just plain WRONG.

Besides, his father isn't the rapist murderer here...

JMHO

It may be wrong but Society does judge. I have a neighbor that is covered in tattoos and reportedly a skin head. I know him, so I like him. I met him before he covered himself in tattoos. But if I had just met him I would be leery. You only get one first impression.

adnoid
12-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Crime lab searching Biela's truck (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081203/NEWS18/81203027)

"Scientists at the Washoe County Crime Laboratory were searching for clues today in the pickup of the man accused of killing Brianna Denison and raping another college woman inside that truck weeks earlier."

colette
12-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I could not get the link above to work. I saw another article talking about how his truck,
Biela's vehicle, a 2006 Toyota has been located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

New article talking about "James Biela's Demeanor Behind Bars". He is cooperative. He was on suicide watch for 1 week and is now in protective custody. Then they talk about the 4 different crimes he will be charged for, and maybe the trial might be moved.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=9455323

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2008, 12:31 AM
I hope they are checking in the home with the child for the teddy bear that has been missing.

colette
12-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I hope they are checking in the home with the child for the teddy bear that has been missing.

Oh I forgot about that teddy bear. If he gave that bear to his child... then his wife should have known.

Pondering Mind
12-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I am so glad this monster is off the streets. This is one case that I was afraid would not be solved for a very long time, if ever. My thoughts and prayers go out to Brianna's family, may they finally have a little peace.

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh I forgot about that teddy bear. If he gave that bear to his child... then his wife should have known.There was more than enough in the media for her to have become suspicious of this man. I am really angry she didn't call police especially when he was no longer in the vicinity. She had to have known something, imo. (I am also angry her friend had to call in the tip that finally landed him, too! WTH is wrong with some people?!)

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Im not sure if this has been posted already, but James Biela did Jiu Jitsu. He has a blue belt. My boyfriend has grappled with him in the past.Any impressions from your BF about this guy?!

newshound81
12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
There was more than enough in the media for her to have become suspicious of this man. I am really angry she didn't call police especially when he was no longer in the vicinity. She had to have known something, imo. (I am also angry her friend had to call in the tip that finally landed him, too! WTH is wrong with some people?!)
I'm with you, SS. In addition to that, this part from an RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS) today:

After Denison's body was found Feb. 15, Biela quit his job on a construction project at UNR, left his girlfriend, son and his girlfriend's daughter and moved to Moses Lake, Wash.

Are you telling me UNR or his employer didn't think twice when this happened??? He just quits in the middle of an ongoing project? This is especially odd for a construction worker to do (unless there is some sort of union dispute involved), because they're at the mercy of the amount of jobs out there and often are without work for some months of the year. I just can't believe this wasn't a red flag to his coworkers.

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Unbelievable red flags all over this guy. He should have raised some suspicions with someone along the way. I guess now they will be coming out of the woodwork saying things like, "Yes...I thought he was acting strange towards the women on campus." or "I saw him casing the area, but thought he was just looking at the women." Sheesh!

Theonly1
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I just started reading about this case. Does anyone have an idea why he (allegedly) killed Brianna but none of the others he allegedly raped?

SeriouslySearching
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
It is only a guess, but the others could have been a build up of sorts. Escalation isn't uncommon in sexual assaults.

colette
12-04-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm with you, SS. In addition to that, this part from an RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS) today:

After Denison's body was found Feb. 15, Biela quit his job on a construction project at UNR, left his girlfriend, son and his girlfriend's daughter and moved to Moses Lake, Wash.

Are you telling me UNR or his employer didn't think twice when this happened??? He just quits in the middle of an ongoing project? This is especially odd for a construction worker to do (unless there is some sort of union dispute involved), because they're at the mercy of the amount of jobs out there and often are without work for some months of the year. I just can't believe this wasn't a red flag to his coworkers.

I know it's hard to believe no one figured it out, especially the girlfriend as Bri's body was found near her job. I have noticed many people do not read or follow the news. There have been big crimes right in my own community that people have not heard about or followed.