View Full Version : Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

Pages : [1] 2 3

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Continue here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61493

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow excellent photos FXSTS! I never realized that all these incidents took place with a block or two of each other. The perp knows this area like the back of his hand.Yes, it does seem he knows the area well. However, LE literally went door to door canvassing the immediate vicinity for anyone resembling the description of the perp or the truck. Either he doesn't live right there or they somehow missed him.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Doesn't it make you want to walk around the neighborhood and eyeball anyone close to the description and just say "I know it's you" and see what happens.It sure does! If I lived there, I would be out in the middle of the night checking out what goes on around there and who is out n about at that hour.

Blink34
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
It sure does! If I lived there, I would be out in the middle of the night checking out what goes on around there and who is out n about at that hour.

Is there a common laundramat in that block?

Ispy
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Blink, we can form our own mystery murder club ie) like that new show on TV.

When I was a little girl I loved reading Nancy Drew. I guess that's carried on into adulthood.

Can you tell me what items are missing?

SS thanks for starting the new thread.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 03:45 PM
I am wondering if that could be what is sitting on the corner of Sierra and College with the parking areas in front and back. It looks like a business, but I can't tell what kind. FXSTS said he will check it out.

ETA: According to Google, the nearest public laundromat is 1.8 mi from the house. So I guess there is not a laundromat in the immediate area. The apartment complex would have one onsite tho.

panthera
04-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, it does seem he knows the area well. However, LE literally went door to door canvassing the immediate vicinity for anyone resembling the description of the perp or the truck. Either he doesn't live right there or they somehow missed him.
I've never thought he lived so close by, but instead just hung around there at night looking for victims. After Brianna's murder, he's probably far away, imo.

Ispy
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I wonder if the home where Brianna stayed had any work done to it recently or sometime prior to attack.

I wonder if the perp is someone who works in the area ie) roofing, home repair, etc. Someone who people wouldn't take a second look at because he's in a company vehicle, scopes the areas out and comes back in the darkness to attack. Someone who had access to this house to do repairs.

My mind is going all over the place with this.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I started looking at Pizza places. The nearest one is called Pubs and Suds. I don't know if they deliver, but they are located at 1000 Ralston St which is .4 mi from the house and 1 minute away.

Pizza delivery guys are overlooked a lot in a neighborhood. You expect them there. They have contact with you in your home (front door), they can figure out quickly who orders what and how much (would know how many live there), and would have knowledge of the area. They might also recognize how many vehicles are parked at a house time after time, too. (If there were normally three or four...it would be easy for them to tell some were gone since they have to park to drop off the pizzas.)

newshound81
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I started looking at Pizza places. The nearest one is called Pubs and Suds. I don't know if they deliver, but they are located at 1000 Ralston St which is .4 mi from the house and 1 minute away.

Pizza delivery guys are overlooked a lot in a neighborhood. You expect them there. They have contact with you in your home (front door), they can figure out quickly who orders what and how much (would know how many live there), and would have knowledge of the area. They might also recognize how many vehicles are parked at a house time after time, too. (If there were normally three or four...it would be easy for them to tell some were gone since they have to park to drop off the pizzas.)
Thank you for starting the new thread, SS.
That's a really good idea for an occupation. And didn't the original reports of the perp's clothing as seen by the December victim include mention of a red polo-like shirt? That screams "Dominos" to me. Good call.

Blink34
04-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Blink, we can form our own mystery murder club ie) like that new show on TV.

When I was a little girl I loved reading Nancy Drew. I guess that's carried on into adulthood.

Can you tell me what items are missing?

SS thanks for starting the new thread.

LOL, I think we have ISPY, and then we would have the camera crew to protect us while we try to lure out the suspect and run like:chicken:
I was never a crime reader, too jockish to sit still that long, but I watched every "era" crime/sleuth show with my daddy- Quincy, Barnaby Jones, Bareta, Hawaii 50, Kojak, streets of San Fran- Oh geez, I gotta go do something young for a minute, im feeling old:eek:

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Newshound, I had to find a refresher on the clothing and it doesn't sound like a Domino's uniform to me. It doesn't mean it couldn't be related to another place which is local tho. However, I wouldn't expect him to be wearing his delivery clothing at that time of the morning either. My point was he might have been there before and been aware of the living arrangements.

Suspect clothing at the time of the Kidnap/Sexual assault: red (not maroon) short sleeve shirt described as being made of material similar in feel to a Fubu jersey-type shirt (silk/rayon/polyester type) with a medium blue-colored neckline, short printed (possibly embroidered) word on the upper left breast area, another shirt underneath with wrist-length sleeves, unknown color pants – regular length – not jeans. The pants reminded the victim of basketball pants as the material was smooth but they made no noise when he moved and they had an elastic waist band and no zipper.

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=11805&st=40

softsoul
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I have always wondered if he isn't a former student who used to live in that area. Late 20's would be about the right age for that. This could explain the familiarity with the area and LE not finding him in their interviews with neighbors. He is VERY comfortable there and this allows him to take the risks he takes in these crimes. He may still have college buddies in the area which allows him the opportunity to scope out current residents without seeming out of place. I know there was some speculation that he could have attended a house party on College Ave. the night Bri was abducted, or knew about the party and saw it as an opportunity to find a victim. I continue to believe this was a random crime of opportunity. That neighborhood is/was his hunting grounds and Bri was so very vulnerable.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
It is my understanding they checked out the people who attended the party nearby that night and came up empty (meaning no POI was identified).

I tend to think he is older, but could have some form of association to the school. I don't see him being among the average college crowd tho.

I think it is a crime of opportunity, too.

Ispy
04-23-2008, 07:18 PM
SS, good thinking. I never thought of Pizza delivery, but it's possible. They get off work in the early morning hours and as you mentioned they would know the area. I wonder if any of the victims frequented Pubs/Subs?

Blink, not old, just experienced. :rolleyes:

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
LE should check out a possible link for delivery pizza places. Find out the last orders placed by all three locations prior to the attacks.

softsoul
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
It is my understanding they checked out the people who attended the party nearby that night and came up empty.

I tend to think he is older, but could have some form of association to the school. I don't see him being among the average college crowd tho.

I think it is a crime of opportunity, too.

I know they asked to talk to anyone who attended that party but don't recall hearing anything about the outcome. Too bad that didn't bring any significant info, well at least that LE was willing to reveal. I don't know that he would have actually attended if he was planning an attack. He seems to want to avoid being seen and has been described as likely a "not standing out in a crowd" type of person.

I agree that he likely isn't your normal college guy (we can only hope :eek:). However, I do think he does or has lived in that area. LE repeatedly states that he is not someone you would suspect, so he likely blends into this area. If Bri is his first murder then the age range they suspect (late 20's to early 30's) fits into the offender profile. If they have canvased the area as throughly as they say I don't see how he could have gone unnoticed if he still lives there. BUT it isn't unusual for the killer to have been questioned early in the investigation and pass muster, only to resurface later on when more evidence is found.

I feel like I'm talking in circles now....no wonder LE said this case gets so frustrating.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 07:54 PM
The problem could be he may be much older than they believe which has caused them to overlook potential suspects.

While the party might have been still going on at 4:30 am- 9:00 am, I don't think it would have mattered to him. Most college students, if they are still up partying at that hour, wouldn't care or notice someone in the neighborhood. The other bad thing is...if someone did see something leaving that party...would they remember it clearly or at all?!

softsoul
04-23-2008, 08:12 PM
The problem could be he may be much older than they believe which has caused them to overlook potential suspects.

While the party might have been still going on at 4:30 am- 9:00 am, I don't think it would have mattered to him. Most college students, if they are still up partying at that hour, wouldn't care or notice someone in the neighborhood. The other bad thing is...if someone did see something leaving that party...would they remember it clearly or at all?!

IIRC the party ended around 4:00. I agree that college students likely weren't paying much attention while leaving the party at that hour.

I would hope that LE isn't eliminating anyone because he isn't in that particular age range. I tend to think he is in that age range and would be surprised if he is much older. What leads you to believe he is older and how much older do you suspect?

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
A man who is older may be angry he isn't attracting young, beautiful women anymore or has been rebuffed by them all along.

panthera
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM

IIRC, the 4:30am-9:00am window was when Brianna was abducted. I agree though that no one would be paying any attention and when questioned by LE later probably wouldn't remember who they saw that night because they were intoxicated. I think it's possible he used to live in the area, or attend the university, but he could also just be someone who knows that is a good area to find the victims he wants. As for the pizza delivery, don't those places usually hire college students?

panthera
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
A man who is older may be angry he isn't attracting young, beautiful women anymore or has been rebuffed by them all along.
That reminds me of the creep who murdered Taylor Biehl. :(

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 08:53 PM
It isn't just an exclusive place for younger kids to work anymore. I know the delivery drivers here range in all ages from teens up to retirees. People need second jobs today more than ever.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 08:54 PM
That reminds me of the creep who murdered Taylor Biehl. :(Yes! Good example.

panthera
04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
It isn't just an exclusive place for younger kids to work anymore. I know the delivery drivers here range in all ages from teens up to retirees. People need second jobs today more than ever.

panthera
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes! Good example.
And he was in his late 30's, IIRC, yet tried to blend in with the college students.

SeriouslySearching
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
He didn't fit in that well, but I am thinking someone who doesn't fit at all.

strach304
04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I doubt he would be raping women in the neighborhood he lives in simply because there's an extreme risk of the victim seeing him and calling LE.

I truly wonder if he was in that house and took the other girls underwear previously to grabbing Brianna. Maybe the other girl was the intended victim. LE should really retrace her steps between the time of the last attack and Brianna's abduction.

Yeah poor Taylor. Difference was that scum knew her very well in fact.

SeriouslySearching
04-24-2008, 03:19 AM
I don't know how concerned he was about being recognized by the first two victims. He covered their faces and neither woman got a good look at his face. There was no sketch done from those two attacks and I am sure he probably kept a close eye on the Secret Witness site to check. The rest of their descriptions are vague, too...so he still may not be concerned.

softsoul
04-24-2008, 05:34 AM
For whatever reason he has spent enough time in that area to feel very comfortable there. I'd bet my house on that one. ;)

EnvoyDriver61
04-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Food delivery is a good idea, based on uniform description. However, the one victim's noted lack of smelling anything unusual about the perp would probably remove food delivery or handling out, if the assumption was that he did the crimes after his work (rationale for being out so late).

Food prep and/or delivery could be smelly. You know how you can go into a gas station or convenience store where the clerk smokes and you pick that up after just a few minutes in there? The same thing would happen with a guy delivering hot tomato-based products with cooked yeast. You'd be able to smell it.

I think it is possible to think that the guy does use the truck for work since there were papers describe by the Dec victim as having type written wording on them. It could be school related or work related, but the consensus is that he seems to look for victims late at night when he has a legitimate reason to be out at that time (his family or SO wouldn't think it unusual for this person to be out and about after midnight.)

Either his job is very sanitary with no physical effort involved (no sweaty smell to him) if he did go straight from work to committing his crimes, or he had had an opportunity to shower after work.

softsoul
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Previously posted by SS-Newshound~ I would like to know where the missing items are, too. I see what you mean about another crime scene. I believe he took her somewhere else myself before dumping her. The nearest place to Bri's was a straight shot to that quarry. I hope they scoured it well.

The December vic (will have to find the link now) mentioned she was driven "up an incline" after she was in the truck. (Another thing that FXSTS could check out from Virginia Ave!)

That could indicate a parking garage as well?? Not sure what is in that area but multistory parking garages usually have inclines. He seems to like parking garages.

SeriouslySearching
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I know the location of the parking garage seems ironic to be so close, but again...I don't believe the Oct. attack in the garage is related. There is also a certain "sound" when you are in a parking garage and driving not to mention the short upward motion then quick turns. I will have to find it where she mentions driving up the incline for a few minutes. (It might have even been in the Secret Witness report.)

I think the time of the attacks this person had showered and was clean. Pizza places close much earlier than that so he had plenty of time before. As far as getting out of the house away from a SO...I know many women who can sleep through their man going out at night. Maybe he had "insomnia" and made it a habit to go drive around.

Rick777
04-24-2008, 11:16 AM
The theory that the back door leading to the alley behind the house would explain the blanket found in the kitchen. Interesting...

SeriouslySearching
04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes, Rick. I used to think he used the front door, but I didn't know about the alley until FXSTS posted the photos. It makes sense now. The only reason I thought it would be the front was because his vehicle would be closer.

Ispy
04-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I was on another site that talked about Brianna. It mentioned that there is a gym and Chinese restaurant near by. FX can you confirm this? Another place that delivers????

SeriouslySearching
04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
The Chinese restaurants here have only chinese delivery drivers (family businesses maybe), but it is possible I guess. The nearest one is called Samurai Sam's at 400 W. 5th St. and is 1 mile from the house. I don't see on their site that they deliver.

The gym, IIRC, is very near to where he dumped the body. I don't remember hearing of one close to her house. St. Mary's Fitness Center is located at 645 N Arlington Ave which is .9 mi to the house and approximately 4 minutes.

SeriouslySearching
04-24-2008, 05:30 PM
What about the cable/satellite companies that service Reno? Here, they subcontract the work and the people often use their own vehicles.

panthera
04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
The theory that the back door leading to the alley behind the house would explain the blanket found in the kitchen. Interesting...
I agree Rick and believe he went out the back door. I also believe Mark Fuhrman mentioned it when he gave us a video tour of the house.

Blink34
04-24-2008, 09:04 PM
What about the cable/satellite companies that service Reno? Here, they subcontract the work and the people often use their own vehicles.

SS- from day one I have felt this guy has an occupation allowing him to go "like scenery". He is gas meter reader, cable dude, rent a cop, something, I can feel it. Absolutely, your post is on to something. How do you steal other peoples underwear without knowledge- you gain access to their house in a non-suspect way and grab it when they are not looking.

If I had the spare coins, I would do a campaign on the PP panties alone-
Post the pic, if these are yours and the female or male DNA matches you get a $xx reward

txsvicki
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
About driving up an incline, I wonder if the victim mentioned how long the drive on the incline was and if she was still able to hear road noises as they would sound if still on a road or driving up inside of something.

LillyRush
04-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm confused about the incline, though, because didn't it come out that the December victim was actually attacked in her apartment parking lot and never actually went very far?

SeriouslySearching
04-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Not sure which is correct then...LillyRush. The report of the incline was from the initial report take by LE so I don't know why it would change.

newshound81
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm confused about the incline, though, because didn't it come out that the December victim was actually attacked in her apartment parking lot and never actually went very far?
I remember this being stated on the Nightline episode.

LillyRush
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I think that's where I heard it, the Dateline (or whichever) program, on You Tube.

SeriouslySearching
04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
When I get time, I will go back and find the "incline" statement.

Rick777
04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
When I get time, I will go back and find the "incline" statement.

If you are "inclined" to do so, that would be great. :crazy:

SeriouslySearching
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
If you are "inclined" to do so, that would be great. :crazy:You are so witty, Rick! LOL :blowkiss:

softsoul
04-25-2008, 07:26 PM
In this video Lt. Robert McDonald says the Dec. victim was taken on a "3 to 4 minute drive, uphill, slow speed, not highway speed, making lots of turns indicating to us that she was somewhere in the vicinity of where she was ultimately assaulted."

He also said something I wasn’t aware of. The Dec. victim came home and actually made it into her apartment. She went back out to her car to get something she had forgotten and it was at that point she was abducted. He got a second chance at her. :mad:

It is the video entitled Assaults and murder linked by DNA (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:vPlayer%28%2723746959%27,%27e9ffb268-2fcd-4777-85c8-31f3666a503d%27%29) (link not working for me...can be found at link below, on right about halfway down page)

Other videos also at:

MSNBC- Reno police search for serial rapist and killer. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23750488)

panthera
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
In this video Lt. Robert McDonald says the Dec. victim was taken on a "3 to 4 minute drive, uphill, slow speed, not highway speed, making lots of turns indicating to us that she was somewhere in the vicinity of where she was ultimately assaulted."

He also said something I wasn’t aware of. The Dec. victim came home and actually made it into her apartment. She went back out to her car to get something she had forgotten and it was at that point she was abducted. He got a second chance at her. :mad:

It is the video entitled Assaults and murder linked by DNA (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:vPlayer%28%2723746959%27,%27e9ffb268-2fcd-4777-85c8-31f3666a503d%27%29) (link not working for me...can be found at link below, on right about halfway down page)

Other videos also at:

MSNBC- Reno police search for serial rapist and killer. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23750488)
Thanks so much ~ this is very interesting! Now, about the "3-4 minute drive, uphill" when I look at the satellite map of the area it looks like there are hills nearby where she was abducted, like north & west of the university, and it looks isolated, open without buildings. Could this be where she was taken?

LillyRush
04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Softsoul, Yes, it was the Dateline episode that is linked on the MSNBC webpage that I watched a month ago or something. I think there was also another media source on you tube where I heard the part about her being in the parking lot, but maybe they were getting that confused with the possibly unrelated attack back in November.

I don't know what to think about the fact that he didn't go that far. Either he wasn't familiar with the area and figured no one would recognize his car, so he just didn't even try to go that far. Or, he is known to be in the area and felt like no one would think his truck out of the place there. I guess it could go either way. It makes me wonder how far he took Brianna. She could have been not that far away from that house for hrs or days.

softsoul
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks so much ~ this is very interesting! Now, about the "3-4 minute drive, uphill" when I look at the satellite map of the area it looks like there are hills nearby where she was abducted, like north & west of the university, and it looks isolated, open without buildings. Could this be where she was taken?

I know nothing about the area so I'm not sure how far he could have driven in that time considering possible traffic lights, one way streets, etc. You'd have to think there wasn't a lot of traffic that time of night. It's hard to tell if the turns happened after stops, such as a stop sign, or if he was on a winding road. He obviously wasn't on a freeway considering the speed and turns. I'm not sure how much time LE is spending on trying to find this location. It may not provide much useful information at all. They already know he is familiar with that area. Unless he somehow left other evidence there it may provide little insight into his identity...but what do I know??:cool:

softsoul
04-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Softsoul, Yes, it was the Dateline episode that is linked on the MSNBC webpage that I watched a month ago or something. I think there was also another media source on you tube where I heard the part about her being in the parking lot, but maybe they were getting that confused with the possibly unrelated attack back in November.

I don't know what to think about the fact that he didn't go that far. Either he wasn't familiar with the area and figured no one would recognize his car, so he just didn't even try to go that far. Or, he is known to be in the area and felt like no one would think his truck out of the place there. I guess it could go either way. It makes me wonder how far he took Brianna. She could have been not that far away from that house for hrs or days.

Lilly, it is the October attack that they think may be unrelated. The November attack has been linked to Bri's murder by DNA. I think the November and October attacks took place in parking garages, but not sure.

LillyRush
04-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Sorry, softsoul, you're right October was the unrelated one. That's what I get for not reading back up on this case in about a month. lol I'm still trying to remember where I heard the thing about the victim right before Brianna being attacked in the parking lot, but maybe that was a mix-up.

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I have always thought the most logical place was the quarry. It would fit and that is why I wanted FXSTS to scope out the road. There seems to be an uphill grade right by the house where Bri went missing. The turns could take them right to the quarry from Virginia Ave.

panthera
04-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I know nothing about the area so I'm not sure how far he could have driven in that time considering possible traffic lights, one way streets, etc. You'd have to think there wasn't a lot of traffic that time of night. It's hard to tell if the turns happened after stops, such as a stop sign, or if he was on a winding road. He obviously wasn't on a freeway considering the speed and turns. I'm not sure how much time LE is spending on trying to find this location. It may not provide much useful information at all. They already know he is familiar with that area. Unless he somehow left other evidence there it may provide little insight into his identity...but what do I know??:cool:
You're right, it might not provide much to identify him, but it seems odd to me after looking at the satellite map that he didn't drop Brianna's body closer and instead took her to the other end of the city. Maybe to throw off LE? It might just be something we'll never know.

panthera
04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I have always thought the most logical place was the quarry. It would fit and that is why I wanted FXSTS to scope out the road. There seems to be an uphill grade right by the house where Bri went missing. The turns could take them right to the quarry from Virginia Ave.
I remember Mark Fuhrman mentioning the quarry also before Brianna's body was found. How easy would it be to get to in the snow?

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I think he dumped her there because he drives by there often for some reason. He was keeping an eye on her...so to speak. He still drives by and relives his crime, imo. (Probaby part of the reason they put up the cameras)

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I remember Mark Fuhrman mentioning the quarry also before Brianna's body was found. How easy would it be to get to in the snow?It is a straight shot from KT's house to the quarry going west so it would be very easy. It is about a 3 minute drive from Virginia Ave.

panthera
04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I think he dumped her there because he drives by there often for some reason. He was keeping an eye on her...so to speak. He still drives by and relives his crime, imo. (Probaby part of the reason they put up the cameras)
I was thinking the same thing that he has some tie to the area he chose to drop Brianna's body. I just wonder if he did that right after her abduction or later on? If it was even a few days after he abducted her, that would say a lot about where he lives or if he has a storage rental unit, imo. I know LE said she'd been there at least a week, but with the snow it's hard to know just when he put her in the field.

panthera
04-26-2008, 04:22 PM
It is a straight shot from KT's house to the quarry going west so it would be very easy. It is about a 3 minute drive from Virginia Ave.
Thanks! :)

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I think he put her there immediately after killing her. Why LE is trying to keep it a secret...I don't understand. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he isn't going to keep a body around for days and days due to the decomp.

panthera
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
I think he put her there immediately after killing her. Why LE is trying to keep it a secret...I don't understand. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he isn't going to keep a body around for days and days due to the decomp.
I agree. :)

Ispy
04-26-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm curious, does anyone know if psychics have been used in this case?

If yes, what info have they come up with?

guestwriter
04-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Food delivery is a good idea, based on uniform description. However, the one victim's noted lack of smelling anything unusual about the perp would probably remove food delivery or handling out, if the assumption was that he did the crimes after his work (rationale for being out so late).

Food prep and/or delivery could be smelly. You know how you can go into a gas station or convenience store where the clerk smokes and you pick that up after just a few minutes in there? The same thing would happen with a guy delivering hot tomato-based products with cooked yeast. You'd be able to smell it.

I think it is possible to think that the guy does use the truck for work since there were papers describe by the Dec victim as having type written wording on them. It could be school related or work related, but the consensus is that he seems to look for victims late at night when he has a legitimate reason to be out at that time (his family or SO wouldn't think it unusual for this person to be out and about after midnight.)

Either his job is very sanitary with no physical effort involved (no sweaty smell to him) if he did go straight from work to committing his crimes, or he had had an opportunity to shower after work.

You may find the information on this link interesting talking about Brianna's case. http://www.************.com/MISSING/publicr/603.htm

There is more ...but the info below was garnered from a person who is using Remote Viewing to see what happened to Brianna...The Aramark truck is a food vendor..hmmm

My friend sees a truck belonging to ARAMARK in her RV. She sees Brianna alive for a while after her abduction – 10 days approx. She saw an image of a street sign “GrandView” during the first 3-4 days, which is close to UNR – she did not know this area at all – we found it on Google Maps. We drove the streets right after she was reported missing and she felt she was alive in a cellar, dark and damp. She feels she was in a home that was occupied by someone other than the kidnapper – possibly parents or an older family member.
We looked for anything for 4 weeks – but there is something that happened to Brianna that I just found out about and can’t mention due to the high sensitivity. My friend saw it happening to Brianna and she was alive and crying. This occurred within 7 days of the kidnapping. When she came to work and told me about it, we both felt “how crazy” it was and too weird to imagine, so we figured she was obsessing about this case. IT WAS A TRUE RV. After that she saw the ARAMARK truck and felt she had passed.
My friend, who I have known for 16 years, is absolutely distraught about this situation. She knew she was alive, she knows what he did to her, and now we are left with ARAMARK truck. Please see if there is anything here that helps you see some details about this man. My friend predicted her father’s death 6 months before it happened, predicted her own serious injury in Oct of 2006, and helped the family of a missing man many years ago. I have seen her “work” and believe she has important information. The police are not interested because she has not done this work before, publicly. I am the only one she told about what Brianna had done to her, and I found out just Thursday that this was indeed one of the things this guy did. I am the one that told her that it was too sick to think about.
Appreciate your time,

Norah

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Aramark I am very familiar with. They run food services all over the country.

We provide services to more than 900 colleges and universities on four continents around the world. <<This was on their website. I wonder if Aramark runs the food service at the University?

I don't know that I buy anything you would find on Brian's predictions site as I think he is a fraud...but it wouldn't hurt to find out if there is a connection between the women eating on campus at the cafeteria.

panthera
04-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Aramark I am very familiar with. They run food services all over the country.

We provide services to more than 900 colleges and universities on four continents around the world. <<This was on their website. I wonder if Aramark runs the food service at the University?

I don't know that I buy anything you would find on Brian's predictions site as I think he is a fraud...but it wouldn't hurt to find out if there is a connection between the women eating on campus at the cafeteria.
Good thoughts, but wouldn't that rule out Brianna though since she wasn't a student at UNR? I don't know about Brian's predictions either. I remember some off the wall things from Trenton Duckett's disappearance.

SeriouslySearching
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, it rules out Bri...but it may not rule out the other females in that house.

Ispy
04-27-2008, 12:28 AM
I took a quick scan through Brian's info page and it will be interesting to see if any of the info he has received/given comes true.

softsoul
04-27-2008, 10:02 AM
I took a quick scan through Brian's info page and it will be interesting to see if any of the info he has received/given comes true.

If you throw enough darts one of them is bound to stick. :)

There has been absolutely nothing stated by LE or the family that would indicate Bri was held captive while alive...actually the info has been to the contrary.

If the purpose of considering the food industry was that it would give someone (delivery person) the chance to become familiar with the residents of that neighborhood, then ARAMARK doesn't present that opportunity (at least IN their homes).

rusty100
04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
This is in reference to the food delivery thoughts.
This dude Anthony Sholfield (wisconsin)- had over 1000 pairs of panties that he stole over time.
He is not the guy but may share some traits of the perp here.
He worked at a pizza delivery place, university student, and stole panties from University women.

http://www.dunnconnect.com/articles/2006/04/10/news/news01.txt

rusty100
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Here is a better link and more descriptive
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0708051thong1.html

Ispy
04-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Softsoul, your statement "ifyou throw enough darts, one of them is bound to stick" is true.

I would'nt discount any info until it was checked out. Especially if you keep on getting the same info over and over again.

The bottom line is too catch this perp and bring justice to Brianna and the other ladies who were victims of his.

panthera
04-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes, it rules out Bri...but it may not rule out the other females in that house.
It would be interesting if this wasn't random and one of the other girls was the original target but since Brianna was right there by the door and the others locked in the bedroom, she became the victim of opportunity.

adnoid
04-27-2008, 07:10 PM

Actually, the camera was taken down a few weeks ago. I drive by there a couple times a week. But then, a lot of people do - there are two major employers right by there, IGT (International Gaming Technologies, makers of slot and video poker machines) and Charter Cable (Cable TV).

SeriouslySearching
04-27-2008, 07:45 PM
It is interesting you mention Charter Cable. We were batting it around earlier that a person installing cable would have access to homes etc.

I wonder why they took the cameras down? It seems odd to only leave them up for a short time unless they got what they needed from them maybe?

SeriouslySearching
04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
This is in reference to the food delivery thoughts.
This dude Anthony Sholfield (wisconsin)- had over 1000 pairs of panties that he stole over time.
He is not the guy but may share some traits of the perp here.
He worked at a pizza delivery place, university student, and stole panties from University women.

http://www.dunnconnect.com/articles/2006/04/10/news/news01.txtWhat stands out to me is that he never approached the women or was ever associated with a sexual assault. This is why I am having a hard time with the perp in Bri's case having an actual fetish of stealing underwear. I think LE might be off-base on that theory.

softsoul
04-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I wonder why they took the cameras down? It seems odd to only leave them up for a short time unless they got what they needed from them maybe?

Could be they think there is a better chance that he will revisit the site if the cameras aren't there? They may have had them up there to record all the vigils, etc. that took place there for awhile, anticipating he would be among the crowd.

panthera
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Actually, the camera was taken down a few weeks ago. I drive by there a couple times a week. But then, a lot of people do - there are two major employers right by there, IGT (International Gaming Technologies, makers of slot and video poker machines) and Charter Cable (Cable TV).
And wasn't it suggested he could be a cable installer? :eek:

(SS, you might be on to something!! :D )

softsoul
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
What stands out to me is that he never approached the women or was ever associated with a sexual assault. This is why I am having a hard time with the perp in Bri's case having an actual fetish of stealing underwear. I think LE might be off-base on that theory.

I know of several serial rape cases where the offender was said to have a fetish of some sort, including underwear. It is often something they begin prior to escalating into rape. It then becomes their preferred "souvenir".

SeriouslySearching
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Could be they think there is a better chance that he will revisit the site if the cameras aren't there? They may have had them up there to record all the vigils, etc. that took place there for awhile, anticipating he would be among the crowd.Or maybe they took the surveillance underground, so to speak...so the perp would only think the area wasn't being filmed anymore.

SeriouslySearching
04-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Can someone check on hiring practices of the cable company? Do they subcontract workers? Do they use their own vehicles? What uniforms do they wear, if any? Do they work around the clock? If so, what are their shifts?

newshound81
04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Can someone check on hiring practices of the cable company? Do they subcontract workers? Do they use their own vehicles? What uniforms do they wear, if any? Do they work around the clock? If so, what are their shifts?
According to the Installations and Service Technician job role on Charter's web site, they hire installers directly and will consider anyone with a high school diploma. They also assign vehicles to the workers: clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, according to the list of job functions.

I didn't find anything about the shifts or uniform type.

newshound81
04-28-2008, 09:46 AM
According to the Installations and Service Technician job role on Charter's web site, they hire installers directly and will consider anyone with a high school diploma. They also assign vehicles to the workers: clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, according to the list of job functions.

I didn't find anything about the shifts or uniform type.

SS, I also just found a sales rep position with Charter that requires "door-to-door" solicitation" and performing "connects (reconnects), upgrades and downgrades and equipment installation while on the client site." They "may be required to wear a shirt with a corporate logo."

newshound81
04-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Work's been slow today, so I've been reading through some of UNR's student newspaper archives from last fall, to see if there was anything going on at the campus that may have attracted the perp there. I find this story about a construction project that apparently ended two days after the Nov. 13 attack. There is a picture on the article, make with it what you will. What was even more interesting to me was that this company's office is located at 5434 Longley Lane,1.6 miles from where Bri's body was found....

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007/10/30/project-manager-looks-forward-to-union-completion/

http://www.pentabldggroup.com/penta_contact/

Ispy
04-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Newshound, interesting topic that you brought up.

I'm still curious as to how he obtained the roomate's underwear unless he had access to the home prior or on the night of the attack.

Just curious and I apologize if this has been brought up before, but does LE know about this BB?

newshound81
04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Work's been slow today, so I've been reading through some of UNR's student newspaper archives from last fall, to see if there was anything going on at the campus that may have attracted the perp there. I find this story about a construction project that apparently ended two days after the Nov. 13 attack. There is a picture on the article, make with it what you will. What was even more interesting to me was that this company's office is located at 5434 Longley Lane,1.6 miles from where Bri's body was found....

http://nevadasagebrush.com/blog/2007/10/30/project-manager-looks-forward-to-union-completion/

http://www.pentabldggroup.com/penta_contact/
This post was found by someone on insessions and has sparked a discussion. In googling this man's name, I found the below. Looks like he's going through a divorce and being sought for child support. http://www.washoecourts.com/index.cfm?page=casedesc&case_id=FV07-02477#dockets

Interesting court dates/filings to note:
14-Feb-2008
11-Feb-2008
31-Jan-2008
30-Nov-2007
16-Nov-2007
18-Oct-2007

SeriouslySearching
04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Just curious and I apologize if this has been brought up before, but does LE know about this BB?BB? :confused:

SeriouslySearching
04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Newshound, great job! You have been busy. I will try to spend some time reading up on things here. I have been a bit preoccupied lately. Thanks!

panthera
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM

http://www.pentabldggroup.com/penta_contact/ (http://www.pentabldggroup.com/penta_contact/)
So the guy in the photo at the nevadasagebrush.com link is the "possible suspect"? He doesn't look at all like what I imagined this perp would like he's much older and where's that "soft goatee"? Sorry, but I'm confused! :confused:

SeriouslySearching
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
So the guy in the photo at the nevadasagebrush.com link is the "possible suspect"? He doesn't look at all like what I imagined this perp would like he's much older and where's that "soft goatee"? Sorry, but I'm confused! :confused:He would have a crew. :)

Ispy
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
SS, sorry for the confusion. I belong to another forum and we call the site BB ie) bulletin board.

SeriouslySearching
04-30-2008, 06:48 AM
LOL OK Ispy~ I thought I missed something. :)

newshound81
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
So the guy in the photo at the nevadasagebrush.com link is the "possible suspect"? He doesn't look at all like what I imagined this perp would like he's much older and where's that "soft goatee"? Sorry, but I'm confused! :confused:
I had thought with the light brown hair and stubble in a pattern that looks like he has worn a goatee in the past plus the slightly pudgy build and meaty fingers that he could be a possibility.

What got me more, though, was the accessibility he had to campus during construction and to a work vehicle for hunting/committing the assaults, the possiblity brought up by other posters of the perp being in construction b/c of the tanned arms but otherwise light skin and his office only being a little more than a mile north from where Bri was found.

Also, the man has been going through a divorce/custody battle/child support case according to the court records I found through Google and posted above. This, in addition to some sort of rejection by a wife or SO, has been discussed before on here as possible triggers for why this perp started this string of attacks. It's probably nothing, but I figured I'd throw it out there!

SeriouslySearching
04-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Those are all valid reasons to throw it out there, too. :) He does fit the profile and the various aspects of this case.

Ispy
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Newshound, excellent info. I also thought the perp would look at bit younger than this guy. Also, the nose and mouth are a bit different. His nose looks a bit wider at the bottom and he has a wider mouth. I wonder if he has lost weight.

Other than that there are similarities.

SeriouslySearching
04-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Ispy? What are you going by? There is no known sketch of Bri's perp. (The other sketch has not been determined to be connected.)

Ispy
04-30-2008, 11:42 PM
SS, I went to Media Links and clicked on Close Enough's link of Feb.20/08 and a sketch of the rape suspect was there.

Are you saying that this sketch of the suspect isn't linked to Brianna's case anymore?

SeriouslySearching
05-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I am saying it was never connected in the first place. LE should not have put the sketch out there as it was from the rape in the parking garage in Oct. which was never connected to the other three attacks. I wish we had never seen it on this case as it doesn't belong here. People see it and assume it is the person they are after, but it may not be the case at all! It was a huge mistake on LE's part to put it out there because of this very thing.

newshound81
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I am saying it was never connected in the first place. LE should not have put the sketch out there as it was from the rape in the parking garage in Oct. which was never connected to the other three attacks. I wish we had never seen it on this case as it doesn't belong here. People see it and assume it is the person they are after, but it may not be the case at all! It was a huge mistake on LE's part to put it out there because of this very thing.
Yes, though the sketch is in black and white, it does not seem to match the features or coloration of what the December vic reported. Over time, I have come to the conclusion that that case is not related.

newshound81
05-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Wow, did anyone read about his weirdo?

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/TD/20080501/NEWS/261222368/-1/REGION

Ispy
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
SS,

In the article it says - the sketch is "not inconsistent" with suspect descriptions in three other sexual assault cases near the University of Nevada, Reno campus, investigators say.

So I thought it meant that the descriptions were consistent among the other victims.

I'm really confused now.

SeriouslySearching
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, did anyone read about his weirdo?

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/TD/20080501/NEWS/261222368/-1/REGION
The freaks always come out of the woodwork. I am glad they at least know who they are and can keep an eye on them. Being that the DNA didn't match either man says the one man is particularly stupid. :bang:

SeriouslySearching
05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
SS,

In the article it says - the sketch is "not inconsistent" with suspect descriptions in three other sexual assault cases near the University of Nevada, Reno campus, investigators say.

So I thought it meant that the descriptions were consistent among the other victims.

I'm really confused now.Yes, it does say that. Which means at the time they released that sketch and the first description they got from the other two victims...that could be a possibility. However, as the descriptions from the Virginia Ave victim progressed...the sketch became less likely to be part of these cases, imo. I have always felt that LE needed to clarify this, but they have not. Putting out a sketch in the first place which clouded the investigation was a poor decision on their part. Yes, the guy should be caught for the other attack, but should not have been automatically associated to this. He used a gun in that attack...not the mo of the perp in these attacks. Now the physical description doesn't match the sketch, but so many people will still consider it and will be thrown off by it.

SeriouslySearching
05-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Are they ANY closer to developing a POI or suspect on this case?! I fear they keep growing colder. I don't want to see this one go completely cold...not that it would be forgotten. It would be a good thing for LE to release more at this point to avoid that scenario. Someone knows something and it is a matter of striking that chord within people who might.

softsoul
05-02-2008, 05:16 AM
Are they ANY closer to developing a POI or suspect on this case?! I fear they keep growing colder. I don't want to see this one go completely cold...not that it would be forgotten. It would be a good thing for LE to release more at this point to avoid that scenario. Someone knows something and it is a matter of striking that chord within people who might.

It has been months since any new information was released about Bri's death or the perp. It gets frustrating as I totally agree that someone knows something. However, as we have seen in other cases they may have reported their suspicions and LE either a) did not see them as related, b) talked to the perp and he passed the "look test" c) haven't followed up on the tip yet, or d) have him in their sights. The only other scenarios I can think of would be that he is so good at hiding his dark side that NO ONE has a clue or he truly is such a loner that no one even notices him. Although I guess someone could be protecting him and just not saying anything. Unfortunately, that is all too possible as well.

It seems that in these cases if an arrest isn't made relatively soon then it does tend to go cold. However, there was a case locally where a college girl was murdered and they arrested someone last year, almost 10 years later, after he was arrested for another crime and the DNA was matched.

SeriouslySearching
05-02-2008, 05:36 AM
I am not willing to wait that long because they missed something in three cases. I believe that they put their eggs in one basket and come up empty so they start over time after time. I don't hold a lot of belief in their theories or how they have investigated this case.

softsoul
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I am not willing to wait that long because they missed something in three cases. I believe that they put their eggs in one basket and come up empty so they start over time after time. I don't hold a lot of belief in their theories or how they have investigated this case.

Do we really have a choice about how long we wait?

I found this disheartening regarding the local case I mentioned in my last post. It wasn't until he was charged with non-support of his children 10 years later (I was wrong in how long it had been in my earlier post.) that his DNA was taken and then it took 2 years before it was actually run and the match was found...

"Police say Gravely had never been on their radar screen as a suspect, though he'd been arrested numerous times for minor crimes in Franklin County since Hummer died."

Rick777
05-02-2008, 01:49 PM
The longer this goes without being solved, the less people are going to look at people in a certain way and remember any clues, details, etc.

From day ONE I have always felt there was some inside connection to this case. One of the roomates, friends...knows what happened. I have no doubts the the LE has grilled these people, but my gut feeling still tells me one or more of them knows something.

softsoul
05-02-2008, 04:09 PM
The longer this goes without being solved, the less people are going to look at people in a certain way and remember any clues, details, etc.

From day ONE I have always felt there was some inside connection to this case. One of the roomates, friends...knows what happened. I have no doubts the the LE has grilled these people, but my gut feeling still tells me one or more of them knows something.

A lot of people agree with you. I just have never heard anything that would lead me in that direction. It appears that his MO has been random attacks. The one uncertainty to me in this regard is my suspicion that he was familiar with the house. Of course, he could have scoped out the layout while he watched Bri and waited for her to go to sleep. Unfortunately, there were lot of uncovered windows which allowed him to see the entire common area. It is even possible that he lived there, or knew someone who did, at some point.

ITA that this case will begin to fade from awareness for most of us. I hate to admit that but it is understandable. Unless you live in that area and/or are privy to inside info you are very limited in how you can help. (There are several posters here who have done some good detective work with limited information. :clap: ) LE needs to review their evidence and reconsider what might be useful to the public in helping them ID this guy. The longer this goes on the more time he has to cover his tracks and possibly hurt more women. For example, it wouldn't look as suspicious if he were to pick up and move at this point.

panthera
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM

I think you might be on to something there, Rick. Either the perp got much bolder in the manner in which he abducted his victims or he had familiarity either with Brianna, someone who lived in the house, or the house itself ~ like he tried to break into the apartment of the Dec. victim the night before. It's also very coincidental to me that the two male roommates weren't home that weekend almost as if abducting Brianna was made too easy for this monster. I'm not saying they were involved, but it could be someone they know or who knew they'd be gone and the doors unlocked.

SeriouslySearching
05-02-2008, 11:00 PM
They need to let Rick and I grill them. LOL We would get some real answers fast! (Have your waterboard handy, Rick?)

panthera
05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
They need to let Rick and I grill them. LOL We would get some real answers fast! (Have your waterboard handy, Rick?)
Great idea, SS! :D

Invisible
05-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I know that we have talked about shaving the privates ad naseum, but I saw this on the Fox website and just thought I'd post it. Sadly, we have nothing new to talk about re: this case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353843,00.html

SeriouslySearching
05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
LOL Thanks, LatteDa! I guess that answers that question once and for all...since it made Fox news.

Rick777
05-05-2008, 08:29 AM

I misplaced my waterboard. guh! But I still have my set of fingernail pullers. :)

SeriouslySearching
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Well...the case sure appears to have gone cold. If it walks like a duck...

panthera
05-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm afraid you're right. :( I haven't heard anything lately.

SeriouslySearching
05-06-2008, 05:11 AM
It actually disturbs me. They have things that LE CAN release to bring in more leads. They are choosing to hold those in spite of that fact. This is what always infuriates me with LE. The things they sometimes hold so close are so insignificant to the investigation is ridiculous...but to someone out in the public could be huge. They should know how to play cards in Reno.

LanieCoz
05-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm new at this so I'm sorry if my link doesn't work. This is the article on a sexual assault that LE isn't sure whether or not it's connected to Brianna.
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/18682149.html

newshound81
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm new at this so I'm sorry if my link doesn't work. This is the article on a sexual assault that LE isn't sure whether or not it's connected to Brianna.
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/18682149.html
Thanks so much for posting that Lanie!
The man responsible (http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/18682149.html#) for the South Meadows attack is describes as a white male, in his mid 20s, 170 lbs., about 6'1". He has light brown bushy hair. He was wearing a dark-colored long sleeve shirt, mask, and blue jeans. He was carrying a dark-colored back-pack.

Sounds like it could be Bri's perp...

LanieCoz
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
You're welcome. Here's another update. The article says the attack from Sat. night could be linked to an unsolved crime from 2006.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20080506-0659-nv-renorape.html

Invisible
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM

I agree...and I think the perp will strike again, but most likely not in this area.

LanieCoz
05-08-2008, 08:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone has quick access to the pictures of inside the MacKay Ct. house. I've looked in the picture forum and I know they are on here somewhere, there are just sooo many pages to go through. If anyone knows where I can find them or has them I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

SeriouslySearching
05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
The only place I have seen the inside is on Gretawire in the interview with Mark Furhman where he does the walk-thru. This took place not long after she went missing. I will try to track it down for you. :)

ETA: http://tinyurl.com/2ty7ko <Here you go!

LanieCoz
05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
SS,
Thank you. That's actually even better than what I was looking for. You know I'm a young girl, actually I'm around Brianna's age 19. Generally I probably wouldn't give things like this much thought or if so I don't think it would stick with me like this case has. My heart just breaks to think of what she had went through that night whether she was conscious or not, whether the worst things that happened to her she felt or didnt. I think from the little statements that LE has made, and even her own mother there are certainly some things that were done to her that we couldnt fathom. The reason I wanted to see pictures of the inside of the MacKay Ct. house was because I was kind of wondering where exactly the laundry room was. I really don't know how important it is to know which door the POS came through, but I honestly happen to think it had to have been the back door. One reason being, I remember reading somewhere that the blanket Brianna was sleeping that night was found in the kitchen area, which was on the way to the back of the house. Obviously, my only thought with that was he was carrying her out and he dropped the blanket. But, what I was wondering about was obviously he picked up one of the females' from the house's underwear. I know she states she doesnt know when they went missing or how. But, if you look at that tape the POS had to pass the laundry room, my conclusion is he picked them up there. I think what happened that night is a lot more simple than we think, in so many words. I think it was a crime of opportunity and that somehow it all just fell into place for him. I don't think he really had to go out of his way to accomplish anything, I don't think he's willing to try that hard, if that makes any sense at all. I just hope and pray that as time goes by he starts to feel safe because when people feel safe that's right when they slip up. And there isnt anything I would love to see more than when this guy gets what he has coming to him.

SeriouslySearching
05-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Welcome to WS, LanieCoz~ I happen to agree with you on the theory that he probably did pick them up at the time and in the laundry room. I cannot imagine another plausible explanation for them to have been used and I certainly cannot imagine Bri wearing another girl's panties if they were dirty or clean for that matter.

Yes, I think this case haunts us for different reasons. Mine is because I have a daughter that age. It is frightening, shocking, and unnacceptable this case has gone on so long already. I wait every day for the news of an arrest or even a Person Of Interest to be named. So far...nadda. My opinion is they are no closer today than they were before Bri went missing. This POS should have been taken off the streets after the first sexual assault attempt and we would not be here pondering the what ifs of Brianna Dennison's killer. :(

newshound81
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
It's good to see new people (and people that have been here from the beginning, SS!) on here following this case. I am surprised at how slim this particular forum has gotten :(.

This is the case that also brought me to Websleuths, Lanie. I have a sister who is Brianna's age. In addition, I also lost my father at a young age like Bri did. I have not been able to get this case out of my head since it happened. Every day, I check for updates before I check my local news, and I live more than 2,000 miles from Reno. It is soooooo frustrating that the person who did this is still walking the streets and threatening the safety of other young women.

LanieCoz
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I found this site some how when searching for articles on the case in the very begining. I can't tell you how many times I tried to create an account and every time I did it would say that the moderators or whoever denied and deleted my account. I had gotten a bit frustrated so I emailed one of them. It was my aol email address that they wouldnt accept so I used my work account! I have followed this case from the very begining, also. Have read every post, tried to find every article, subscribed to google alerts for her name. To be honest, I don't know how I found out about the case, but once I did I just couldnt get it out of my mind. By the way, I think you all are wonderful and love to see each persons opinions on here.

LanieCoz
05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Well the way I see it is, I'm sure they are doing the best they can do on the case now (or atleast want to believe that). However, I know from experience when you report a rape or a sexual assualt, no matter what LE you are dealing with, they make you feel as if you are the person who has done something wrong and try to persuade you not to go any further with a case because its a long process. They down play it. It always takes something more serious for them to get their butts in the game and it shouldn't be that way. Granted, they can't protect every one from every thing but they need to take the information from the very beginining because that's when they can try to prevent it from happening again. Every weekend I wonder if this is going to be the weekend. I honestly feel that he's going to become comfortable again, he already feels like no one suspects him, and I think he will most def. hit again. Time is his key and he is using it.

adnoid
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
*cough* *cough* notice those folks have been rather quiet lately. *cough* *cough*

water please!

Alternatively, it's entirely possible that people from the area are still actively discussing the case, just not here because of attitudes like yours.

SewingDeb
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Welcome LanieCos! Glad you were finally able to come aboard.

LanieCoz
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
SewingDeb,

Thank you, me too!

SeriouslySearching
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I am glad that they are discussing it elsewhere, if that is the case. It appears they can discuss it from now on since Reno LE hasn't found anything to go on and this case has gone beyond cold to frozen. I hope their faith in LE is going to sustain them through the next one...and probably the next one...unless the killer decides to turn himself in since they can't seem to find any clue which leads them to his door.

panthera
05-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I found this site some how when searching for articles on the case in the very begining. I can't tell you how many times I tried to create an account and every time I did it would say that the moderators or whoever denied and deleted my account. I had gotten a bit frustrated so I emailed one of them. It was my aol email address that they wouldnt accept so I used my work account! I have followed this case from the very begining, also. Have read every post, tried to find every article, subscribed to google alerts for her name. To be honest, I don't know how I found out about the case, but once I did I just couldnt get it out of my mind. By the way, I think you all are wonderful and love to see each persons opinions on here.
Welcome Lanie! :) I first heard of Brianna on Nancy Grace's show, then it was covered by Greta too. Brianna was such a beautiful young woman and until her body was found I was praying she was still alive but sadly knowing there were other victims from this perp I also feared the worst.

Leila
05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Well the way I see it is, I'm sure they are doing the best they can do on the case now (or atleast want to believe that). However, I know from experience when you report a rape or a sexual assualt, no matter what LE you are dealing with, they make you feel as if you are the person who has done something wrong and try to persuade you not to go any further with a case because its a long process. They down play it. It always takes something more serious for them to get their butts in the game and it shouldn't be that way. Granted, they can't protect every one from every thing but they need to take the information from the very beginining because that's when they can try to prevent it from happening again. Every weekend I wonder if this is going to be the weekend. I honestly feel that he's going to become comfortable again, he already feels like no one suspects him, and I think he will most def. hit again. Time is his key and he is using it.

Welcome to WS LanieCoz!

I check this forum every day to see if there's anything new, but don't usually post because it seems like we've discussed just about every aspect of this case.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the perp has left Reno. He attacked young women several months in a row, and then, nothing. I'd look carefully at rapes/assaults in other major cities in nearby states.

SeriouslySearching
05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
This is because we have pretty much covered it all here. Until they release more information, we don't have a lot to discuss. I would still like to know about the incline towards the quarry from Virginia tho.

softsoul
05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
This is because we have pretty much covered it all here. Until they release more information, we don't have a lot to discuss. I would still like to know about the incline towards the quarry from Virginia tho.
So you donít think there is a possibility the latest assault is related?

SeriouslySearching
05-11-2008, 07:35 PM
This one?

On May 3, 2008, at approximately 1 p.m., Reno Police Officers responded to a report of a robbery, kidnapping, and sexual assault that had occurred in the 900 block of South Meadows Parkway, Reno. Officers learned that a female was sexually assaulted in her home by a masked intruder on May 3, 2008. The suspect also forced the victim to withdraw money from an ATM machine before fleeing the area. Reno Police Detectives responded to the scene and have been investigating the crime. Detectives believe the case may be related to an unsolved November 2006 sexual assault and burglary in Reno and are currently conducting additional investigation into this possible link. There is no forensic evidence that links this sexual assault to the Denison murder investigation.

The suspect is described as a white male, adult, mid 20s, approximately 6’1”, 170 Lbs, light brown bushy hair, and last seen wearing a dark-colored long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, a mask, and carrying a dark-colored backpack.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Reno Police Department Sex Crimes/Child Abuse Unit 785-8605 or Secret Witness at 322-4900
http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx?page=1005&recordid=1625

panthera
05-11-2008, 07:45 PM
So you don’t think there is a possibility the latest assault is related?
It doesn't seem LE has any forensic evidence to tie him to the assaults or murder and I can't see one either with the M/O or suddenly using a mask to disguise himself when he could've used one before.

SeriouslySearching
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I can't find any mention of a sexual assault/burglary back in Nov. '06 either. (Which shows me how hard they really try to find these guys!)

softsoul
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM
I can't find any mention of a sexual assault/burglary back in Nov. '06 either. (Which shows me how hard they really try to find these guys!)
I looked forever trying to find anything on the Nov. '06 incident and found absolutely nothing. It could have been a case where the victim filed a report but didn't want to take it any further. Otherwise, you'd have to wonder about the lack of any information. The change in MO doesn't convince me it's not the same guy. It would make sense to change the time of the attack, and the mask makes sense in the daytime. However, I'm leaning toward believing it's not related. This attack did take place about 2 blocks from where Bri's body was found.

SeriouslySearching
05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.

softsoul
05-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.

Here you are given a choice as well...I have no knowledge of the laws in Nevada. Did it say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault? If so, LE should explain why the public wasn't warned about a rapist on the loose.There isn't even anything about the '06 incident on the Secret Witness website.

Edit-I saw where the news report did say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault....hmmm.

SeriouslySearching
05-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I would think the first thing they checked was the DNA or other evidence for a connection to Bri's case. Evidently, they didn't find anything. However, it does sound a bit like it could connect to the case in the parking garage and that sketch!

Ispy
05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
It will be interesting to see in the coming days or weeks what info the police will release on the the latest attack.

Was the victim of the May 3rd attack driven to the bank in her car or the perp's vehicle?

Getting back to Brianna's case. I wonder if the perp is someone who comes to Reno every month either to visit a parent or a relative and while he is here, he does his attacking. Maybe he grew up in this area and has moved away, but has good knowledge of the surroundings. He comes back to visit let's say a elderly parent or a sister/brother and borrows their vehicle to drive around. The baby shoe seen in this vehicle, could belong to a grandchild or a niece or nephew.

I know this senario doesn't seem to fit the geographical profiling, but he could be attacking where he is living too and also when he comes to Reno.

SeriouslySearching
05-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Since it has already been since the 3rd...I don't think they will release anything else to be honest.

Ispy
05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I think that if there is a connection to the other assaults that LE would let the public know.

I guess there is a fine line as to what info LE will release to the public. If it's something only the killer would know then of course they wouldn't. There's too many copycats out there looking for their 15 minutes of infamy.

Where I'm from - Ontario, Canada we had the infamous Paul Bernardo who turned out to be the Scarborough rapist. He stalked and raped women for years before moving to the Niagara area. He lived in small town with his young wife Karla. Lived the idyllic life, he was an accountant, romantic wedding. Turns out he killed 2 teenage girls, 1 girl he ended up decapitating and throwing her body parts into a small lake around here. The other girl was abducted (with the help of his wife) and tortured before she was killed. It's always been felt that his wife was more involved with the murders that she said. Makes me wonder how a significant other can be involved in something so sadistic as this. If I remember correctly, I think she did turn him in eventually.

I wonder if Brianna's perp is married and the spouse does know something, but is afraid to come forward.

newshound81
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
The semester is coming to a close at UNR. If the perp decides to show his face in his known hunting grounds, it will happen this week.

I think there's a chance, if he's still here, that he'll strike somewhere in Reno more toward the middle of the summer, when there are more people out and about at night in the warmer weather and more tourists to shift his attention away from the lack of victims in the area of the college.

Unfortunately, the less this case is in the media, the more people will start to let their guards down again. I think the perp knows this and will take advantage of it.

Reannan
05-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Do you think the perp knows that people like us are analyzing every assault to see if it could possibly be connected??? Some of us here, will NEVER forget, and will be FOREVER vigilant. There are a few cases that cling to you like spiderwebs, and this is one of them. I can't put it behind me until it is solved.

Ispy
05-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Newshound, that's the way I feel too unless the attack on May 3rd is by the same perp. I feel that it's not the same attacker. You'd think LE would have advised the public if it was.

adnoid
05-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Do you think the perp knows that people like us are analyzing every assault to see if it could possibly be connected??? Some of us here, will NEVER forget, and will be FOREVER vigilant. There are a few cases that cling to you like spiderwebs, and this is one of them. I can't put it behind me until it is solved.

I understand completely. Brianna was older than my daughter, but still, every time I look at her I feel a rage inside that such a thing could happen to her. What the hell is wrong with a man that he can hurt a woman - someone's daughter, someone's sister - in such a way?

I agree that some woman somewhere - an intimate partner - suspects that the man in her life may be the one. Why would she not come forward? I have tried to think through myself how I would feel if I fit the profile and was asked by LE to come in and talk. Would I suspect my wife? If I fit the description, would I blame her?

A couple of times on WS we have had a discussion about taking polygraphs. I have always felt - and I feel now - that if I came home and my family was missing, I would take a polygraph so fast it would make your head spin. I know the general advice from defense attorneys is not to take one, but I don't care.

So in the same sense, I would volunteer to be screened if asked, and if I had any idea that my wife had contacted the authorities I would do my best to understand - and I think I could.

This filth, this worthless scumbag, is hiding somewhere. Anyone that suspects him owes it to all of us to go to the authorities - now. It's unfortunate that there does not seem to be enough to locate him now. Look at BTK, Green River, and too many others - how long did those take?

It's a big world, but not so big he can hide forever.

softsoul
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Someone on the insession board actually found the news release about the '06 assault. Amazing, I thought I tried everything.:clap:

Originally posted by Politigal

I think I found the archived report of the November 2006 sexual assault that is linked to this latest attack:

Reno Gazette-Journal (NV)

November 10, 2006
Edition: Final
Section: Main News
Page: 04A

Reno police search for man who raped woman in her home

Article Text:

STAFF REPORT

Reno police continued Thursday to look for a masked man who broke into a woman's home last week, raped her multiple times and possibly drugged her.

The incident happened about 2:30 a.m. one day last week on Caballo Alto Court.

According to a police report, the suspect surprised the woman from behind and held what she believed was a gun to the back of her head. He asked her a few times, "where's the money," the report said.

The man then wrapped a pillow case around her head and sexually assaulted her in different rooms in her home, police said.

Someone called 911 to report a sexual assault was happening, police said. But when officers arrived, the man was gone and all of the doors had been locked, police said.

Police don't know how the man got inside.

Police said the woman appeared groggy and may have been drugged during the attack.

Detectives can be reached at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900. [/*]
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330979&pagenumber=3

newshound81
05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Someone on the insession board actually found the news release about the '06 assault. Amazing, I thought I tried everything.:clap:

Originally posted by Politigal
I think I found the archived report of the November 2006 sexual assault that is linked to this latest attack:

Reno Gazette-Journal (NV)

November 10, 2006
Edition: Final
Section: Main News
Page: 04A

Reno police search for man who raped woman in her home

Article Text:

STAFF REPORT

Reno police continued Thursday to look for a masked man who broke into a woman's home last week, raped her multiple times and possibly drugged her.

The incident happened about 2:30 a.m. one day last week on Caballo Alto Court.

According to a police report, the suspect surprised the woman from behind and held what she believed was a gun to the back of her head. He asked her a few times, "where's the money," the report said.

The man then wrapped a pillow case around her head and sexually assaulted her in different rooms in her home, police said.

Someone called 911 to report a sexual assault was happening, police said. But when officers arrived, the man was gone and all of the doors had been locked, police said.

Police don't know how the man got inside.

Police said the woman appeared groggy and may have been drugged during the attack.

Detectives can be reached at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900. [/*]
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330979&pagenumber=3
I saw that too and was floored. I tried looking through the archives of rgj and found nothing. Secret Witness doesn't have anything either.

I wonder if her groggy behavior was due to having lost oxygen from having the pillow case over her head. I'm still not convinced that this perp is not Bri's. I wish we could get an update.

softsoul
05-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Iím leaning toward believing it is unrelated as well. There are some similarities but it just has a different feel to it IMO. There appears to be a lot of unsolved, very violent sexual assaults in Reno lately. It is a small city to have two such sick and dangerous perps on the loose.

Airbubble
05-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Have any of you thought that the guy might travel by plane? meaning he visits reno at least once every two months.. and that would put him in the airport. I have always thought this could be the way he is not caught yet.

newshound81
05-16-2008, 09:06 AM
No updates that I see today, but I did find this somewhat interesting about the Denison family being hurt by online comments about Bri.

I hope by this point they have also seen all the loving, concerned comments about her, too.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/18988054.html

LanieCoz
05-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Have any of you thought that the guy might travel by plane? meaning he visits reno at least once every two months.. and that would put him in the airport. I have always thought this could be the way he is not caught yet.

One thing that really doesn't add up with that, though, is the dec. victim reported that baby shoe and a couple other things that she had seen is the guys vehicle. IMO, if this is someone who travels via airplane he wouldnt have those things in his vecihle, assuming of course that it would be a rental. I could be wrong, but I just think its not likely that he is traveling by plane.

Airbubble
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
One thing that really doesn't add up with that, though, is the dec. victim reported that baby shoe and a couple other things that she had seen is the guys vehicle. IMO, if this is someone who travels via airplane he wouldnt have those things in his vecihle, assuming of course that it would be a rental. I could be wrong, but I just think its not likely that he is traveling by plane.

It would add up if he lives in Reno and travels to other cities from Reno. His wife/Girlfriend could just think hes out of town on business when really he comes home a day or two early picks up his vehicle from the parking area and off he goes?

LanieCoz
05-16-2008, 02:17 PM
It would add up if he lives in Reno and travels to other cities from Reno. His wife/Girlfriend could just think hes out of town on business when really he comes home a day or two early picks up his vehicle from the parking area and off he goes?

That's true. I hadn't thought of it like that. I had just assumed you were meaning that he traveled to Reno, not from Reno. Good theory, and my apologies.

Airbubble
05-16-2008, 02:23 PM
That's true. I hadn't thought of it like that. I had just assumed you were meaning that he traveled to Reno, not from Reno. Good theory, and my apologies.

:) Its alright, I actually did make it sound like he traveled to Reno, my fault sorry. Anyways so if that is the way it happens, then his wife would have no reason to suspect him since he is suppose to be out of town. Which might be why she has not come forward. Thats just my thoughts on things. Ive been watching this case since day one and Im addicted to it. I wont stop until he is found.

LanieCoz
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
:) Its alright, I actually did make it sound like he traveled to Reno, my fault sorry. Anyways so if that is the way it happens, then his wife would have no reason to suspect him since he is suppose to be out of town. Which might be why she has not come forward. Thats just my thoughts on things. Ive been watching this case since day one and Im addicted to it. I wont stop until he is found.

I have been watching since day one also. Like you, I wont stop 'till he's found either. I always find myself thinking and analyzing the things I know about the case. But of course I'm sure I wont figure out anything LE hasn't. Especially since I believe there are MANY details we know nothing about. But you know, I'm not totally convinced he has a SO. I think there is certainly a high chance but I'm beginnng to be a little skeptical. There are just so many things is this case that are a mistery and I think that's why I can't forget about it.

Airbubble
05-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I have been watching since day one also. Like you, I wont stop 'till he's found either. I always find myself thinking and analyzing the things I know about the case. But of course I'm sure I wont figure out anything LE hasn't. Especially since I believe there are MANY details we know nothing about. But you know, I'm not totally convinced he has a SO. I think there is certainly a high chance but I'm beginnng to be a little skeptical. There are just so many things is this case that are a mistery and I think that's why I can't forget about it.

Do you mind me asking what SO means? I keep going over everything I have read about heard about and so on and trying to piece it together. I origionally thought that her body was only in the field for about a week but just yesterday I read it was there for at least 2 weeks, so now that has me thinking even harder. I actually have a box of all my notes I have taken, also have photos and so on. The case is going cold and that is what i fear the most.

LanieCoz
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Do you mind me asking what SO means? I keep going over everything I have read about heard about and so on and trying to piece it together. I origionally thought that her body was only in the field for about a week but just yesterday I read it was there for at least 2 weeks, so now that has me thinking even harder. I actually have a box of all my notes I have taken, also have photos and so on. The case is going cold and that is what i fear the most.

SO means significant other. I'm pretty new to all of this also. So, I still dont understand half of the abbreviations but the more you read other post and all of the threads you'll start piecing it together. Sadly, I too believe the case is going cold, but as I said before the only thing I can hope for since it has grown cold is that this guy starts to feel pretty comfortable and confident in his self because that seems to be when most people slip up.

Airbubble
05-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a question for all girls on here. How far would you travel just to get a pair of undies at kohls? I heard that Kohls is the company that was selling the thongs. One kohls is 6 minutes from the house Brianna was taken from and another kohls is only 3 minutes from where Brianna was found. Wouldnt you think the other girls DNA that they can not find, would not travel to far just to get undies from Kohls??

FXSTS
05-16-2008, 08:10 PM
I posted some pictures awhile back and shortly thereafter had a couple of requests for a couple more. I haven't forgotten. I've just been overwhelmed lately. It's also very unnerving being a guy and taking photographs of the crime scenes, house,etc. when the case has not been solved. I also would like to go by the Mackay house again and take another picture of the alley/driveway because I believe that I stated that it went through to the next street, but on google maps it sure doesn't look like it is possible, so I will verify that one way or another.

Here is a very cool linkhttp://www.renohd.com/custompage.asp?pg=page15

See, not all bikers are the scum of the earth:clap: http://www.renohd.com/custompage.asp?pg=page15

adnoid
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
...It's also very unnerving being a guy and taking photographs of the crime scenes, house,etc. when the case has not been solved...

Tell me about it. Better be careful about posting pictures of your fingers as well. Lots of nutjobs out there.

Ca-Sun
05-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Tell me about it. Better be careful about posting pictures of your fingers as well. Lots of nutjobs out there.You gotta be kidding - the blackberry one? It's those chicken-headed aliens again! Or, wingnuts.

adnoid
05-16-2008, 08:49 PM
...Or, wingnuts.

Wingnuts. Without a doubt.

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
I posted some pictures awhile back and shortly thereafter had a couple of requests for a couple more. I haven't forgotten. I've just been overwhelmed lately. It's also very unnerving being a guy and taking photographs of the crime scenes, house,etc. when the case has not been solved. I also would like to go by the Mackay house again and take another picture of the alley/driveway because I believe that I stated that it went through to the next street, but on google maps it sure doesn't look like it is possible, so I will verify that one way or another.

Here is a very cool linkhttp://www.renohd.com/custompage.asp?pg=page15

See, not all bikers are the scum of the earth:clap: http://www.renohd.com/custompage.asp?pg=page15You did a great job on those photos. Thanks! Actually, I would be happy if you would just check out the quarry at the end of that street and take the drive back to the house on Virginia to note if there is an incline or not.

Yes, I would advise against taking photos of yourself if any part of you is listed on the suspect's profile provided by LE. Might make some people wonder. LOL

I don't think all bikers are scum! It is great what they are doing!

You are probably aware of B.A.C.A., but others might not be: http://www.bacausa.com/ They provide a wonderful service to children by giving them security until their perp is in jail or has gone through the system. Great organization!

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2008, 03:39 AM
AirBubble: Do you mind me asking what SO means? I keep going over everything I have read about heard about and so on and trying to piece it together. I origionally thought that her body was only in the field for about a week but just yesterday I read it was there for at least 2 weeks, so now that has me thinking even harder. I actually have a box of all my notes I have taken, also have photos and so on. The case is going cold and that is what i fear the most.

Sorry, Air...let me give you a crash course! We forget our manners for new people sometimes. :blowkiss:

LE: Law Enforcement
SO: Can be Significant Other or Sex Offender (depending on who is using it and the context)
POS: Piece of S&&#37;T (Mostly used to describe perpetrators)
COB: Same as a POS (Someone meant to type cop talking about Bobby Cutts Jr. and it came out cob. We use it to describe men who abuse/kill their SO/Wife/Children)
COD: Cause Of Death

Those are all I can think of at the moment. If you see one you don't know...don't hesitate to ask! :) Also...please feel free to share your notes and things here. This case could not be colder if it were in Siberia!

LionRun
05-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Sorry, Air...let me give you a crash course! We forget our manners for new people sometimes. :blowkiss:

LE: Law Enforcement
SO: Can be Significant Other or Sex Offender (depending on who is using it and the context)
POS: Piece of S&%T (Mostly used to describe perpetrators)
COB: Same as a POS (Someone meant to type cop talking about Bobby Cutts Jr. and it came out cob. We use it to describe men who abuse/kill their SO/Wife/Children)
COD: Cause Of Death

Those are all I can think of at the moment. If you see one you don't know...don't hesitate to ask! :) Also...please feel free to share your notes and things here. This case could not be colder if it were in Siberia!

AirBubble, welcome:). I am sneaking in a few more.

TOD: Time of Death
DOD: Date of Death
PLS: Point last seen
DD: dear daughter
BF: boyfriend
GF: girlfriend
DH: dear husband or dang (but with mn on the end of the word instead of ng) husband depending on the context
IIRC: If I recall correctly
FWIW: For what it's worth

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks, Lion!! I missed a lot of them!! LOL

LionRun
05-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks, Lion!! I missed a lot of them!! LOL

No worries, SS! I sometimes forget what some of them stand for!

Airbubble
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
lol wow theres a lot of them! Thanks guys, that well help a lot. I will gather my notes together and post them in a few :)

LionRun
05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
lol wow theres a lot of them! Thanks guys, that well help a lot. I will gather my notes together and post them in a few :)

You're welcome, Air;).

softsoul
05-18-2008, 06:29 AM
LionRun- I LOVE the picture of Shep. We had a Collie/Sheppard mix for 15 years who looked soooo much like Shep in the face and coloring. He was THE most wonderful pet and companion. We lost him about 2 years ago and I still feel the void in my life today.

panthera
05-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I still think he probably left her body there right after he killed her but the snow kept her covered up so no one found her. I believe LE originally said she'd been there "at least a week". It may be possible too that the perp doesn't live in Reno but somewhere around there and only made occasional trips there. MOO :)

SeriouslySearching
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I still think he does live and work in Reno. Nothing tells me otherwise. The truck having personal items such as a baby shoe and the paperwork on the floor indicate to me he is a local. The knowledge he has of the area, the way he has been able to fly under their radar, and actually the lack of another incident matching his MO.

I think maybe he is older than the suspect description and it has thrown them off (Also that sketch hurt them). If they are not looking in the right age group...they will pass up people they need to check out.

Airbubble
05-20-2008, 02:01 AM
http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8350163

This just happened in Vegas, it sounds like the same thing briannas and the other girls rapist did. Could it be a match? the only difference is the guy is described alittle difference

newshound81
05-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I still think he does live and work in Reno. Nothing tells me otherwise. The truck having personal items such as a baby shoe and the paperwork on the floor indicate to me he is a local. The knowledge he has of the area, the way he has been able to fly under their radar, and actually the lack of another incident matching his MO.

I think maybe he is older than the suspect description and it has thrown them off (Also that sketch hurt them). If they are not looking in the right age group...they will pass up people they need to check out.
SS, do you think he's a longtime Reno resident or that he just moved there in the last few months/year?

I keep checking UNR's crime blotters to see if there's been anything suspicious around campus these last few weeks of school (http://www.unr.edu/police/blotters/). They have not posted anything since April 25. Judging by the fact that multiple crimes (including drug possession, underage drinking) seem to take place on campus nearly every week, I'm curious as to why nothing has been posted.

I wonder how many students stay on or around campus after school ends.

panthera
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM

I agree he was most likely using his own personal vehicle, and has a good working knowledge of the area, maybe from having lived there. But what made me think he might live outside the Reno area was the timing of the attacks approx. one month apart (like someone driving into the city for whatever reason on those dates), which seem to have ended with Brianna's murder in January.

panthera
05-20-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.ktnv.com/global/story.asp?s=8350163

This just happened in Vegas, it sounds like the same thing briannas and the other girls rapist did. Could it be a match? the only difference is the guy is described alittle difference
Wow! His description might be a little different, but notice the facial hair. Doesn't that sound like what the Dec. victim described? He could've bleached it and added the glasses and cap to try to disguise himself, and may also have lost weight. It also fits in with the time of the month the Reno victims were attacked. :eek:

SeriouslySearching
05-20-2008, 11:03 PM
In Bri's case and the other two, no...he doesn't match the most recent description. However, in the case in the parking garage...he could.

Ispy
05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm just curious regarding the men who did not want to give their DNA. What happens next to them? I know this topic was brought up before, but I'm curious are they protected under the Constitution or how does this work. If I were LE I would be trying to get their DNA somehow (I'd be waiting for that coffee cup or something)!!!!

LanieCoz
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
I just want to clear this up before I make my comment; I am in no way knocking or looking down on anyone. With that said, I honestly just do not understand why an innocent person wouldn't allow for a DNA test to be done on them to rule them out as a possibility. I'm sure people have their resons but I just am not aware of them.

Ispy
05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree completely Lanie. If you have nothing to hide, why not help the case along. It must have something to do with their right to privacy. I've heard reasons, but don't remember them right now.

I just finish reading an Ann Rule book and it took LE almost 2 years to nail the suspect and connect him to another murder 16 years prior. Lots of hard work by LE and the willingness to never give up. It amazes me all the new technology the police have now to track suspects.

LanieCoz
05-23-2008, 03:43 PM
I just finished reading the thread about Pres. Bush passing a law that ALL newborn babies will now have their DNA taken at birth. I guess I have a better understanding as to why some people wouldn't want their DNA taken, especially those of innocent babies. However, as for myself I think that if I knew once my DNA was tested and proven to be negative against that of the POI was disposed of and not kept I would be fine with the process. (Hope you all understood what I just said. I think it was quite a run-on, grammatically incorrect sentence!)

adnoid
05-23-2008, 05:08 PM
I just want to clear this up before I make my comment; I am in no way knocking or looking down on anyone. With that said, I honestly just do not understand why an innocent person wouldn't allow for a DNA test to be done on them to rule them out as a possibility. I'm sure people have their resons but I just am not aware of them.

I've had posters on this site explain why they would never provide a DNA sample, take a polygraph, or do anything to help Law Enforcement. In fact, with this case I expressed my feelings here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2015824#post2015824

And here are responses from someone who disagrees with me:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1967807#post1967807
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1965148#post1965148

If they called me and asked me right now I'd be down there before the end of the day to give them a sample. Anything to move things along and focus resources where they need to be.

panthera
05-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I just finished reading the thread about Pres. Bush passing a law that ALL newborn babies will now have their DNA taken at birth. I guess I have a better understanding as to why some people wouldn't want their DNA taken, especially those of innocent babies. However, as for myself I think that if I knew once my DNA was tested and proven to be negative against that of the POI was disposed of and not kept I would be fine with the process. (Hope you all understood what I just said. I think it was quite a run-on, grammatically incorrect sentence!)
Hi Lanie :) I think a lot of people just don't trust LE and are afraid LE will use the sample for some other reason, or the guys who won't give a sample have something else to hide. If I were one of these guys who refused to give a sample I'd be afraid LE would think I could be the perp. MOO

Reannan
05-24-2008, 01:41 PM
This case is taking way too long. Nothing new at all??

panthera
05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
This case is taking way too long. Nothing new at all??
I haven't heard a word! Even though it's good news no other victims have been attacked or murdered, I'm surprised he hasn't struck again since there seemed to be a pattern forming of an attack a month starting in November. I'm wondering if he might be in jail on some other charges where DNA wouldn't be taken to match it up with these crimes?

rusty100
05-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Recently only a sketch was available. They have captured the person responsible for that rape it looks like, his name is Roy Trost.
Could this be the guy - he kind of fits the description.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8369334

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2008/may/21/4782/

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8373545&nav=menu498_7

There seem to be plenty of articles around in regards to his arrest.

newshound81
05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Recently only a sketch was available. They have captured the person responsible for that rape it looks like, his name is Roy Trost.
Could this be the guy - he kind of fits the description.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8369334

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2008/may/21/4782/

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8373545&nav=menu498_7

There seem to be plenty of articles around in regards to his arrest.
I agree with you Rusty. He has light brown hair, facial hair and seems to be of a medium to large build. And to me he does not look 19. I could see someone--especially in the dark--thinking he was at least in his mid-to-late 20s.

rusty100
05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
OK - there is more to this guy. He also has been accused of attacks on two other women.

This guy definitely fits the description. He apparentely was on some sort of medication and recently off.

Also accusations of groping women. Articles below.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8366225

http://victimsover18.blogspot.com/2008/05/nevada-hospital-groper-arrested-after-5.html

rusty100
05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Just confirmed, the attacks occurred on a Sunday night, believe after midnight.

rusty100
05-27-2008, 05:33 PM
He is due in court on robbery\burglary charges where he worked at a north west ranch in Nevada. I cannot find location of the ranch.
The robbery occurred about a month ago.

He has been in adult movies - recently to get some quick cash before he bailed to venice beach. In reference to shaving pubic hair - someone stated that in porn movies, some men shave pubic region.

Now here is where it gets a bit weird. His latest roommate runs a gay social network or is know to have.
The myspace acccount for roy trost has several gay references - sorry for not providing link. You can search myspace - people for roy trost and you will get two hits.
Someone brought up some time ago some references to the perp being gay in regards to panties and why they were stolen.

panthera
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
OK - there is more to this guy. He also has been accused of attacks on two other women.

This guy definitely fits the description. He apparentely was on some sort of medication and recently off.

Also accusations of groping women. Articles below.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8366225

http://victimsover18.blogspot.com/2008/05/nevada-hospital-groper-arrested-after-5.html
Wow ~ he sure looks like he could be Brianna's killer! They'll know if the DNA matches and I hope it does so this horrible murder will be solved.

newshound81
05-28-2008, 08:19 AM
He is due in court on robbery\burglary charges where he worked at a north west ranch in Nevada. I cannot find location of the ranch.
The robbery occurred about a month ago.

He has been in adult movies - recently to get some quick cash before he bailed to venice beach. In reference to shaving pubic hair - someone stated that in porn movies, some men shave pubic region.

Now here is where it gets a bit weird. His latest roommate runs a gay social network or is know to have.
The myspace acccount for roy trost has several gay references - sorry for not providing link. You can search myspace - people for roy trost and you will get two hits.
Someone brought up some time ago some references to the perp being gay in regards to panties and why they were stolen.
Wow Rusty, awesome research! This is certainly interesting...

LanieCoz
05-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Wow, this man fits the profile of Bri's killer very well. I sure hope it is. Could you imagine the sigh of relief so many people will take. Unfortunately, it will never give Bri her life again but atleast justice will be within sight, and no other woman would suffer the wrath of this POS.

close_enough
05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow Rusty, awesome research! This is certainly interesting...

DITTO!!!!

Ispy
05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks Rusty for the info. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the perp in the Reno cases.

newshound81
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I am getting really frustrated with the lack of updates on both the South Meadows assaults from a few weeks ago and the arrest of Roy Trost for two Las Vegas assaults, particularly in the first case, where they haven't even IDed a POI. Shouldn't they be releasing whatever info they can to catch this guy?

I'm sorry, I am not trying to come down on LE, but even a litte blurb in the RGJ about where the investigation is would work.

newshound81
06-02-2008, 10:18 AM
SS, do you think he's a longtime Reno resident or that he just moved there in the last few months/year?

I keep checking UNR's crime blotters to see if there's been anything suspicious around campus these last few weeks of school (http://www.unr.edu/police/blotters/). They have not posted anything since April 25. Judging by the fact that multiple crimes (including drug possession, underage drinking) seem to take place on campus nearly every week, I'm curious as to why nothing has been posted.

I wonder how many students stay on or around campus after school ends.
May crime reports are now up. I guess they wait till the month is over. I thought these two were of interest:

04-26-08 22:45 hrs UN08-0358 University Terrace & Ralston
Courtesy Report
Reported by Officer Brad Demitropoulos

Reno Police Department contacted UNR Police regarding a reported sexual assault at University and Ralston. Officers assisted Reno Police with gathering evidence in the area (reference RPD case #RP08-14444).
05-01-08 23:36 hrs UN08-0371 University Terrace
Sexual Assault
Reported by Officer Warren Conley

A female subject reported being sexually assaulted at the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity House. This case is under investigation.

rusty100
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
OK - he graduated from UNR over two years ago.
Not a current student.

Just wanted to clarify.

adnoid
06-02-2008, 04:30 PM
OK - he graduated from UNR over two years ago.
Not a current student.

Just wanted to clarify.

37 and graduated 2 years ago? WTH?

newshound81
06-02-2008, 05:44 PM
37 and graduated 2 years ago? WTH?
Yeah, that is somewhat strange. Maybe UNR has some continuing education program?

thefragile7393
06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe he went back to school late, maybe he finished a degree that was started years earlier.

LillyRush
06-04-2008, 02:00 AM
I finished my college years in regular time, right after high school and straight through. At that time, there seemed to be only a handful of older students and mostly people my own age. But, in recent years-the last decade or so maybe, I have noticed there being a higher concentration of older adults in school and colleges expanding their continuing education programs. I also think there are more employers who are offering programs where they will outright pay or reimburse their employees to go back to school now. I think it's also more common at larger, public universities than smaller, private schools.

rusty100
06-04-2008, 10:13 AM
In regards to the recent arrest of the Go-Tran person.

This is very vague but thought I would throw it out there. Not sure if this person is the one, but there are some interesting items.

This person's name (Alvin Go-Tan)shows up for the following engineering class at UNR. Not sure if the same guy but his name is listed on one of the teams.
http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/ (http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/)

A company by the name of IGT (International Game Technology), I believe sponsors this class at UNR.
IGT coincidentally - put out a theme based slot machine several years ago. One of those being "The Pink Panther".
http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines (http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines)

IGT has a building approx. 200-300 yds from where the body was found.
I believe this is the IGT HQ, and they have a parking lot adjacent to the location of the body.

LanieCoz
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
In regards to the recent arrest of the Go-Tran person.

This is very vague but thought I would throw it out there. Not sure if this person is the one, but there are some interesting items.

This person's name (Alvin Go-Tan)shows up for the following engineering class at UNR. Not sure if the same guy but his name is listed on one of the teams.
http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/ (http://www.cse.unr.edu/~sp2005/)

A company by the name of IGT (International Game Technology), I believe sponsors this class at UNR.
IGT coincidentally - put out a theme based slot machine several years ago. One of those being "The Pink Panther".
http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines (http://www.commercialalert.org/issues/culture/gambling/nevada-regulators-move-against-cartoon-themed-slot-machines)

IGT has a building approx. 200-300 yds from where the body was found.
I believe this is the IGT HQ, and they have a parking lot adjacent to the location of the body.

Wow. That it very interesting. Very odd, that should def. be looked into.

softsoul
06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
PeopleSearch has Go-tan's age as 28. Interesting that there has been no news about him since his arrest. Is he still in custody? Was there an arraignment? What lead police to him? I find it unbelievable that a child was sexually assaulted and it isn't seen as newsworthy. The Reno media and LE haven't been impressive AT ALL in how they are handling sexual crimes since Bri's murder.

elliottness
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
PeopleSearch has Go-tan's age as 28. Interesting that there has been no news about him since his arrest. Is he still in custody? Was there an arraignment? What lead police to him? I find it unbelievable that a child was sexually assaulted and it isn't seen as newsworthy. The Reno media and LE haven't been impressive AT ALL in how they are handling sexual crimes since Bri's murder.

Without going into details, I have provided RPD and "America's Most Wanted" with information pertinent to this case. My gut feeling tells me that Alvin Go-Tan or someone in his circle of friends could be involved with Brianna's disappearance and murder. There are too many "red flags" and coincidences IMHO. With all due respect to RPD, they have not done a good job communicating with the public and keeping us all informed. Even the website which they hyped up a couple of months back has rarely been updated with any news.

softsoul
06-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Without going into details, I have provided RPD and "America's Most Wanted" with information pertinent to this case. My gut feeling tells me that Alvin Go-Tan or someone in his circle of friends could be involved with Brianna's disappearance and murder. There are too many "red flags" and coincidences IMHO. With all due respect to RPD, they have not done a good job communicating with the public and keeping us all informed. Even the website which they hyped up a couple of months back has rarely been updated with any news.

A poster on another board found the connection between Kellison and Go-tan just a day or so after his name was reported for this sexual assault. From there the other posters found out the info on IGT, Pink Panther and the proximity to the field Bri was left in. I would really hope that if your "average Jo(e)" could come up with that information that LE has been able to dig a little deeper. However, as I mentioned before , RPD hasn't impressed anyone so far with the way they have handled this case and it is often the public who actually solves these crimes. I agree that the coincidences with Go-Tan, Kellison and the other points appear to be red flags of some sort.

SeriouslySearching
06-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Welcome to WS, Elliotness! (By the way, love the nickname!) Looks like you found out some very solid information on that guy. Someone that lived there would be familiar with the layout and it would make sense. I agree this guy needs to be looked at much closer. They should have a DNA sample to be checking at the moment to easily rule him in or out.

Softsoul, I could not agree more about RPD...However, everytime I mention it...the locals start sharpening their spears and getting the fire ready. LOL

softsoul
06-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Welcome to WS, Elliotness! (By the way, love the nickname!) Looks like you found out some very solid information on that guy. Someone that lived there would be familiar with the layout and it would make sense. I agree this guy needs to be looked at much closer. They should have a DNA sample to be checking at the moment to easily rule him in or out.

Softsoul, I could not agree more about RPD...However, everytime I mention it...the locals start sharpening their spears and getting the fire ready. LOL

Go-tan is of Asian descent and they would be able to tell that from the DNA and should have released that in the suspect description. I believe if there is a link it will be through UNR. Several of the computer science alums seem to work for IGT and other companies located near where Bri's body was found. I tried to find the court records to see if he was arraigned but wasn't able to find it. Locally we are able to get all the court information online...nice public service. I'm absolutely amazed at the lack of media attention to this incident and the one in May. Have they ever said for sure if they are looking for one or two predators? The locals must be used to the silence. I personally don't like it when officials keep the public in the dark, especially about such dangerous people. I understand the need to keep some things quiet but come on!! Feels a little too controlling to me.

SeriouslySearching
06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
It is hard for them to go public when they don't have any information. :)

softsoul
06-07-2008, 09:10 PM
It is hard for them to go public when they don't have any information. :)

A tough crowd here tonight :).

They do know why they arrested Go-tan and what they are holding him on IF he is still in custody, which they also know.

SeriouslySearching
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
True. I don't hold my breath for information on him tho. It is obvious that RPD has the local media wrapped around their finger and since national media attention to Bri's case has waned...no one is reporting it seems.

Maybe someone needs to bring it up to Greta. (hint...hint) It would be great to have Mark F. back in Reno investigating any possible connection to this guy and the location/roomate.

elliottness
06-07-2008, 11:08 PM
True. I don't hold my breath for information on him tho. It is obvious that RPD has the local media wrapped around their finger and since national media attention to Bri's case has waned...no one is reporting it seems.

Maybe someone needs to bring it up to Greta. (hint...hint) It would be great to have Mark F. back in Reno investigating any possible connection to this guy and the location/roomate.It's very frustrating for me that the national media reports 24/7 on the latest Britney Spears fender bender and Lindsay Lohan meltdown but not one word about this.

SeriouslySearching
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Some people like to read/watch news stories about celebs in trouble and not the cold hard reality of a murdered woman. It is too real. The Paris and Lindsay news of today are fantasy lives of the overprivledged.

I know half my family refuses to even watch the news because they don't want to be subjected to the brutality of the world around them. They say it is a negative in their lives they do not need. Of course, I disagree. You can't stick your head in the sand and expect for the world to change.

LionRun
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Some people like to read/watch news stories about celebs in trouble and not the cold hard reality of a murdered woman. It is too real. The Paris and Lindsay news of today are fantasy lives of the overprivledged.

I know half my family refuses to even watch the news because they don't want to be subjected to the brutality of the world around them. They say it is a negative in their lives they do not need. Of course, I disagree. You can't stick your head in the sand and expect for the world to change.

Great post, SS!

elliottness
06-08-2008, 11:57 AM

I know half my family refuses to even watch the news because they don't want to be subjected to the brutality of the world around them. They say it is a negative in their lives they do not need. Of course, I disagree. You can't stick your head in the sand and expect for the world to change.Well, I feel it is my duty and responsibility as a citizen and human being to help out my fellow man and woman. Did anyone see the video last week of the old man who got hit by a car in Connecticut and nobody tried to help him? There were witnesses at the scene of the crime yet not one person did anything to help the man. That is disturbing. Somebody should have helped that man. We should all be looking out for each other.

SeriouslySearching
06-08-2008, 12:05 PM
People did call 911, but did not go out into the street as probably you or I would have done. Sadly, we live in a society where people say it isn't their problem or they don't want to be involved legally for the long haul.

softsoul
06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
People did call 911, but did not go out into the street as probably you or I would have done. Sadly, we live in a society where people say it isn't their problem or they don't want to be involved legally for the long haul.

The cold hard truth, sadly. It is each person for themselves anymore. The warm fuzzies of the 60's are now looked at as being "liberal", which the right has successfully turned into a negative term. I'm all for personal responsibility but some need to realize that doesn't exclude compassion and caring for someone besides yourself.

Back on topic, is there only one newspaper in Reno? What about the TV news media? How come the public doesn't complain about the lack of information? I saw on the other site that Nevada leads the nation in the murder of women. Maybe people ought to start paying more attention and realize they have a right to know instead of having blind faith in the system.

SeriouslySearching
06-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Blind faith is exactly what the locals seem to have. They have a firm belief that their LE is top notch and should never be questioned. I find it actually troubling that no one is willing to hold them accountable for anything that happens in their town. As far as I know there is one main newspaper and they never seem to go against the grain either.

elliottness
06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
The cold hard truth, sadly. It is each person for themselves anymore. The warm fuzzies of the 60's are now looked at as being "liberal", which the right has successfully turned into a negative term. I'm all for personal responsibility but some need to realize that doesn't exclude compassion and caring for someone besides yourself.

Back on topic, is there only one newspaper in Reno? What about the TV news media? How come the public doesn't complain about the lack of information? I saw on the other site that Nevada leads the nation in the murder of women. Maybe people ought to start paying more attention and realize they have a right to know instead of having blind faith in the system.It's ironic that the same people who claim to be "Christians" frequently behave in ways that are most un-Christlike. To me, it isn't about "right and left". It's about "right and wrong." If you see someone who needs help, you call for help and try to assist them.

It has been over a week since this Alvin Go-Tan guy was arrested. Nothing from RPD. Nothing from the news media.

elliottness
06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Blind faith is exactly what the locals seem to have. They have a firm belief that their LE is top notch and should never be questioned. I find it actually troubling that no one is willing to hold them accountable for anything that happens in their town. As far as I know there is one main newspaper and they never seem to go against the grain either.I find it troubling that there was this massive DNA backlog and it took something horrible like this to get Nevada to wake up and do something about it. There is simply no excuse IMHO for this. None. Compound that with the constant changing of stories regarding evidence and then the lack of communication with the people of Nevada. You've got people scared in Reno and they have a right to know.

elliottness
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
People did call 911, but did not go out into the street as probably you or I would have done. Sadly, we live in a society where people say it isn't their problem or they don't want to be involved legally for the long haul.Incidentally, has there been an arrest made in this case? Connecticut police should be able to blow up the image of the vehicle in that video to get a license plate number. There was a holdup in my area not too long ago where the man was caught on a surveillance camera but was unable to be identified. Crime specialists were able to blow up the image and find his identity. He was later arrested and charged.

SeriouslySearching
06-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I find it troubling that there was this massive DNA backlog and it took something horrible like this to get Nevada to wake up and do something about it. There is simply no excuse IMHO for this. None. Compound that with the constant changing of stories regarding evidence and then the lack of communication with the people of Nevada. You've got people scared in Reno and they have a right to know.While troubling, it is going on all across the nation. With forensic evidence at an all time high, the ability to hire enough to process it is stuck in a time warp. I can't exactly blame the labs for the inability to keep up, but I blame the lawmakers for not giving money to boost the hiring of more people to alleviate the problem.

SeriouslySearching
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Incidentally, has there been an arrest made in this case? Connecticut police should be able to blow up the image of the vehicle in that video to get a license plate number. There was a holdup in my area not too long ago where the man was caught on a surveillance camera but was unable to be identified. Crime specialists were able to blow up the image and find his identity. He was later arrested and charged.O/T not yet...at least to my knowledge.

It would be great if there was a camera that picked up the truck this perp in Bri's case could have been driving and caught a license plate number. They need a break just like that here.

softsoul
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Blind faith is exactly what the locals seem to have. They have a firm belief that their LE is top notch and should never be questioned. I find it actually troubling that no one is willing to hold them accountable for anything that happens in their town. As far as I know there is one main newspaper and they never seem to go against the grain either.

Blind being the operative word.

(http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20071118/NEWS/111180136)Nevada leads in gun deaths, ownership (http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20071118/NEWS/111180136)

Nevada Ranks #1 in Rate of Women Murdered by Men (http://www.vpc.org/press/0709wmmw.htm)

Crime rate per 100,000 people (2006) violent crimes-
Murder-
Reno=10.9 Nat'l avg.=7

Rape-
Reno=47.5 Nat'l avg.=33.1

Overall Crime Index
Reno=5835.4 Nat'l avg.=4479.3

Reno is above the national average in every single category, significantly above in most. I really don't know how LE has such a good rep with the locals.
Reno NV Crime Statistics (2006 Crime Data) (http://reno.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm)

SeriouslySearching
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Now those are stats that I never want to see where I live! Ack!

I was happy to find our murder rate was cut in half from this time last year.

elliottness
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Blind being the operative word.

(http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20071118/NEWS/111180136)Nevada leads in gun deaths, ownership (http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20071118/NEWS/111180136)

Nevada Ranks #1 in Rate of Women Murdered by Men (http://www.vpc.org/press/0709wmmw.htm)

Crime rate per 100,000 people (2006) violent crimes-
Murder-
Reno=10.9 Nat'l avg.=7

Rape-
Reno=47.5 Nat'l avg.=33.1

Overall Crime Index
Reno=5835.4 Nat'l avg.=4479.3

Reno is above the national average in every single category, significantly above in most. I really don't know how LE has such a good rep with the locals.
Reno NV Crime Statistics (2006 Crime Data) (http://reno.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm)

Call me crazy, but is it possible that there is a correlation between the legalization of prostitutes, the unrestricted availability of alcohol and the crime rates in Nevada? One wonders if this type of behavior would be occuring at such a high frequency if prostitution and the availabity of alcohol were restricted. Las Vegas is known as "Sin City" but some of the sins being committed are unforgivable.

softsoul
06-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Call me crazy, but is it possible that there is a correlation between the legalization of prostitutes, the unrestricted availability of alcohol and the crime rates in Nevada? One wonders if this type of behavior would be occuring at such a high frequency if prostitution and the availabity of alcohol were restricted. Las Vegas is known as "Sin City" but some of the sins being committed are unforgivable.

I think it would be hard to argue that prostitution doesn't change the way women are viewed by some men. When women can be bought like a Hershey bar I don't think it is hard to objectify them. To be very honest I could never understand how someone could pay for sex and not think less of themselves, it is laughable IMO. At least the women are getting paid.

I don't want to generalize too much because I know lots of good people who have gone to Vegas. I understand that most people go there for fun- the glitter and face pace, not to cause trouble for anyone. However, the partying reputation, legal hookers and gambling are going to attract a lot people who are high risk to commit crime. JMO

SeriouslySearching
06-10-2008, 12:51 AM
They have to take the good with the bad. I have a different outlook on the legalization of prostitution as I feel it is not only a good thing, but neccessary. Prostitution is going to exist in every city across the country legal or not. The element associated with the "business" aspect is the problem not the women. It is the pimps, drug dealers, and scumbags who we need to remove from the equation.

Does this have an affect on Nevada's stats? I don't think the answer is that simple.

lew657
06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I have a slightly different look on the legalized prostitution --- how do you not look down on the men who have to pay to get someone to have sex with them?

LanieCoz
06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't agree with prostitution. I guess it goes against my own personal morals and values. However, I must say that I don't necessarily think the men paying for sex are paying for the pure fact that it's the only way to get someone to sleep with them. Infact, I think that's rarely the case. Men sleeping with prostitutes keeps it more annonymous, so to speak. It's an easy way for them to have their sexual needs and desires met without people knowing, for example their spouses, parents, children. ect...

softsoul
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
They have to take the good with the bad. I have a different outlook on the legalization of prostitution as I feel it is not only a good thing, but neccessary. Prostitution is going to exist in every city across the country legal or not. The element associated with the "business" aspect is the problem not the women. It is the pimps, drug dealers, and scumbags who we need to remove from the equation.

Does this have an affect on Nevada's stats? I don't think the answer is that simple.

There are a lot of things that are going to exist in every city whether or not they are legal but that doesn't make them necessary. Call me a prude but paying someone to have sex with you makes you a moron IMO. :loser:

SeriouslySearching
06-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Let's take this back to Bri now. We could go on and on about this subject. LOL

Maybe we should start writing and calling the newspaper to find out why they aren't putting some pressure on LE there?

Reannan
06-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Call me a prude but paying someone to have sex with you makes you a moron IMO. :loser:

Hello Softsoul! I sort of agree, but have to add in the fact that it could be a lonely soul, or a kinky soul.....neither of which are necessarily a moron. I just want to see someone arrested for the murder of Bri!!!

adnoid
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM
...I just want to see someone arrested for the murder of Bri!!!

I'd like to see him arrested, convicted & executed ASAP, personally.

txsvicki
06-11-2008, 01:48 AM
So many prostitutes are beaten up, subjected to weird stuff, missing and even murdered. I wonder just how many men who use them are sexually or socially normal.

mavryk
06-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I don't think this guy has anything to do with prostitutes. I have this hunch that he frequents the topless clubs just south of 80 on Victoria (which might be where he got his thong underwear), then he leaves and heads north toward campus. The Bri attack was not, in my opinion, premeditated, like a delivery guy or plumber or anything like that. It seems to be more like a crime of opportunity, given that his two prior attacks were of the "anger-retaliatory" type of rape. Or at least it seems so to me.

They need to look at guys with a juvenile record of physical assault on women who are working as day laborers in the campus area. Again, IMHO.

After all, who pulls a woman off the street, like his November rape, then beats and rapes her, but brings condoms with him? Who goes back to the apartment of a woman he's already raped to break in again? It's the anger-retaliatory rapist at his prime, looking to inflict fear and pain through rape. Murder is simply a byproduct.

rusty100
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Trost has been brought back to jail in Las Vegas from CA.
He was in court on Tuesday where he faces many charges.
Links below show updated photos as well, and one video of this guy.
Still not sure if this guy has been looked at enough.

I do not think there is a connection now to the former roommate and the Go-Tan.

In regards to Roy Trost. Further details in regards to the (2) sexual assaults in the hospital parking lot.
- he robbed and assualted both victims in one of their cars.
- he is also facing charges for sexually assaulting a former girlfriends
daughter
- he is facing at least two burglary charges - one being at a ranch stealing saddles. Sagebrush Ranch. There is a brothel located within 45 minutes of Reno called Sagebrush Ranch. *** I am not 100% sure this is the sagebrush ranch that trost stole saddles from.
- The newsreport of the Sagebrush Ranch burglary - the owner said Trost was loading saddles in his "truck". No details on what kind of truck.
- one of the articles below stated Trost worked at the hospital "Desert Springs", not sure if there is a tie to a hospital in Reno.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8454235

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8463329&nav=menu102_2

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8457950

mavryk
06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Trost has been brought back to jail in Las Vegas from CA.
He was in court on Tuesday where he faces many charges.
Links below show updated photos as well, and one video of this guy.
Still not sure if this guy has been looked at enough.

I do not think there is a connection now to the former roommate and the Go-Tan.

In regards to Roy Trost. Further details in regards to the (2) sexual assaults in the hospital parking lot.
- he robbed and assualted both victims in one of their cars.
- he is also facing charges for sexually assaulting a former girlfriends
daughter
- he is facing at least two burglary charges - one being at a ranch stealing saddles. Sagebrush Ranch. There is a brothel located within 45 minutes of Reno called Sagebrush Ranch. *** I am not 100% sure this is the sagebrush ranch that trost stole saddles from.
- The newsreport of the Sagebrush Ranch burglary - the owner said Trost was loading saddles in his "truck". No details on what kind of truck.
- one of the articles below stated Trost worked at the hospital "Desert Springs", not sure if there is a tie to a hospital in Reno.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8454235

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8463329&nav=menu102_2

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8457950

Seems like this guy could be good for it, but you would think they would have run his DNA by now, right?

rusty100
06-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I believe they have his DNA.
They may be collecting additional evidence in the Las Vegas parking lot cases. I believe they must make a case for these crimes first.

Then they would/could release info if a match with Reno cases.

There seems to be a lot more to the Trost case that has not been released. I have a feeling there is more to come.

The fact that he was facing charges to burglaries and sexually assaulting his girlfriend's daughter.
Sounds like he should have been arrested some time ago.

The ranch owner knew it was Trost who stole the saddles. Why wasnt he arrested - maybe they could not locate him all of this time.
They were very quick to put out his name and pics when the assaults occurred.

Link to Trost Custody status - current court record at Detention Center.
http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/ccdcincustody/inCustodyReference.aspx

rusty100
06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Did not paste the link right in my last post.
Go to the link below - search on Trost, Roy

Current charges
Roy Trost Link - Detention Center.
http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/ccdcincustody/inCustodySearch.aspx

newshound81
06-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Did not paste the link right in my last post.
Go to the link below - search on Trost, Roy

Current charges
Roy Trost Link - Detention Center.
http://redrock.co.clark.nv.us/ccdcincustody/inCustodySearch.aspx
When they released his photo, I thought, 'Wow, this could be Bri's perp.'" I know some other elements--like his age--don't add up, but I think it's good to explore the possibility.

SeriouslySearching
06-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Wow! That is some rap sheet! (I didn't see a photo with it tho)