06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Thread #1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66592

Please continue here...

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you for the new thread!

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 10:34 AM
You are welcome! Thought before the presser, we needed to move the discussion to a new one.

another article

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS04/806300391Thanks, Swanniee. :)

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Police on Friday issued Vermont's first-ever Amber Alert, a missing-person report extensively sent to media and even to cell phone customers who have signed up to receive such messages. Thomas said Sunday authorities had received more than 150 tips in response to that notification.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS04/806300391

Being this is the first Amber Alert in the state, does it mean there haven't been other endangered missing children or does it mean they are so stringent with the recommended guidelines that they have failed to use it?

I have found other states that take the guidelines as the actual rules which should be done on a case by case basis. This is the way the guidelines were intended to be used, imo. Other states have learned to use them appropriately with much success.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8576795 Same story, but thought I would post the website to keep up with updates on the presser. If you are like me, I forget their call letters. :)

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 10:52 AM
here are two more to keep an eye on.

www.wptz.com (http://www.wptz.com)

www.burlingtonfreepress.com (http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com)

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 10:53 AM
How horrible this is!!!

And you know what? I am pissed off!
This poor little girl having her own myspace which was not monitored by her parent and then being allowed to hang out with a SEX OFFENDER!

When I read the article today about her uncle (and it seems to always be the uncle or moms boyfriend who is the creep) being a RSO, it made me sick and now I really believe this poor little girl is no longer with us.

I want to know who allowed this girl to be with this animal and I want the person charged. You do not allow your child to be with a rapist. EVER. I don't care if its dear Uncle Steve who just had that one incident 10 years ago, the freak is not safe!

Another example why we should never ever allow rapists out of jail.It is possible the mother and father didn't know, but the step-father and grandparents must have. You are right tho. This man should not have been around any children for any reason and certainly not having them spend the nights at his house!

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Swannie! I have to go to work soon and am hoping it is earlier than this afternoon. You guys will have to keep this updated today for certain! Details on the presser!!

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I can't believe that the mother would not have known about this, it was her sisters husband for petes sake. Not to mention, as others have said, this is a small town, word gets out. Can anyone find out how much time he did for the 93 crime? Then add on probation and the family didn't know? I'm not buying it. IMO

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I can't believe that the mother would not have known about this, it was her sisters husband for petes sake. Not to mention, as others have said, this is a small town, word gets out. Can anyone find out how much time he did for the 93 crime? Then add on probation and the family didn't know? I'm not buying it. IMO

Take this for what it's worth, but there is a poster on the "In Sessions" boards, who claims it was common knowledge this guy was a RSO. She's from the local area where Brooke and her mom lives.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Here is the link for Vermont State Police press releases regarding Brooke's case. No new info yet today:

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press.html#brooke

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
True, but why didn't it come out immediately when Brooke went missing if people knew? The small town theory should have kicked early on and it should have been the topic of discussion all over the internet. The first we caught wind of it was from Swannie, IIRC, when she was looking up RSOs in the area. (I don't think we knew at the time that he was the uncle tho.)

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Take this for what it's worth, but there is a poster on the "In Sessions" boards, who claims it was common knowledge this guy was a RSO. She's from the local area where Brooke and her mom lives.Like THAT wouldn't be front page news with him being the last one seen with Brooke?!

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 11:10 AM
True, but why didn't it come out immediately when Brooke went missing if people knew? The small town theory should have kicked early on and it should have been the topic of discussion all over the internet. The first we caught wind of it was from Swannie, IIRC, when she was looking up RSOs in the area. (I don't think we knew at the time that he was the uncle tho.)

The poster I'm talking about on the In Sessions board is the first person to mention the uncle was a RSO. A couple of days ago. Then I saw it mentioned on here later. She is the one who said that people around the uncle knew about his past. Again..take it for what it's worth, she might assume people around him knew, because she and her family knew.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 11:14 AM

This is correct, I didn't know the uncles name ( had we known that every one of us would have had that posted) He stood out to me because of the kidnapping charge as well. I actually wrote his name down but didnt post it since I had nothing to back it up. When I saw what the uncles name was last night I could have fainted.

I also can't believe that the reporters didnt get wind of this either, they could have gotten the uncles name easily and wham!

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't understand then how it didn't hit the press that he was a RSO! That is HUGE news in any missing person's case. Talk about sending up red flags! Maybe the locals should have made sure that someone called the media if they knew it.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
The poster I'm talking about on the In Sessions board is the first person to mention the uncle was a RSO. A couple of days ago. Then I saw it mentioned on here later. She is the one who said that people around the uncle knew about his past. Again..take it for what it's worth, she might assume people around him knew, because she and her family knew.

where is this "in sessions" board at?

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Updated article with nothing new, but there is a new pic of the uncle.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS01/80629010

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 11:26 AM
where is this "in sessions" board at?

Hold on and I'll PM you the link to her exact post.

I asked her to register here and post.

Amster
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
On Fox News now

Argus(?) reporter says the 93 conviction involved a minor....

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
On Fox News now

Argus(?) reporter says the 93 conviction involved a minor....
Thanks for the info, and we know the recent arrest has to do with a minor.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Do we know if this guy was married at any time or has kids of his own? What does he do for a living? Anything?

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Hold on and I'll PM you the link to her exact post.

I asked her to register here and post.

Good idea asking her to come here. The mod over there, CW, is giving her a hard time.

I wonder if police can definitely link the missing items found to Brooke. I'd love to know if the MJ is the relative who found them.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Do we know if this guy was married at any time or has kids of his own? What does he do for a living? Anything?

We know, I think, that he is/was married to moms sister. And the cousin mentioned could be his son/daughter.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info, and we know the recent arrest has to do with a minor.

I wonder how much time he served for the 93 conviction?

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:07 PM

I don't know, but I asked the poster who is from the area and first posted the uncle was RSO to come here and post.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
We know, I think, that he is/was married to moms sister. And the cousin mentioned could be his son/daughter.I didn't think that was ever definitively answered that he is/was in fact married to the mother's sister, but was speculation.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
times argus

http://www.timesargus.com/

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I would also like more information on the sentence he got for the previous charges as they were so serious. He should not have been out of jail, imo. I haven't come across any information that he had a trial or anything in the newspapers/media either. Strange.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
I didn't think that was ever definitively answered that he is/was in fact married to the mother's sister, but was speculation.

Oh dear...hope I'm not posting misinformation. I read that in a press release, I think. I'll go find it.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:13 PM
I didn't think that was ever definitively answered that he is/was in fact married to the mother's sister, but was speculation.

I don't think it was either, who knows, they may not be married but together and Brooke called him her uncle.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
from times argus:

Jacques, who lives in Randolph Center, is also a convicted sex offender whose profile and photo are listed on the Vermont Sex Offender Registry based on a conviction in 1993 of aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping. However he is listed as "no longer supervised for sexual crime" by the Department of Corrections and is listed as "compliant" under treatment status.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't recall reading how the uncle is related to Brooke. I've read he's connect to Brooke from her mom's side, but not how. For some reason I don't think he's a blood uncle, but one through marriage.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:18 PM
from times argus:

Jacques, who lives in Randolph Center, is also a convicted sex offender whose profile and photo are listed on the Vermont Sex Offender Registry based on a conviction in 1993 of aggravated sexual assault and kidnapping. However he is listed as "no longer supervised for sexual crime" by the Department of Corrections and is listed as "compliant" under treatment status.

Lovely!! He certainly was successfully treated, wasn't he?
ugh.

vermontn03
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Just now on our noon news they are looking at the uncle for her disappearence, they are doing ariel searches in helicopters right now of his home and fields next to his home. They are also looking in his home. I will update as soon as they update there website.

concernedperson
06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
This article states that he is married to Bennett's mothers sister.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373563,00.html

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.....

RR0004
I don't understand then how it didn't hit the press that he was a RSO! That is HUGE news in any missing person's case. Talk about sending up red flags! Maybe the locals should have made sure that someone called the media if they knew it.
I'm thinking that if he was the person who originally gave LE all the pertinent info about where she "said' she was going, what she was planning on doing, etc. that they needed to take that and run with it...as he very well may have been the very last person to have talked to her. Of course, they were aware of his status, but his original story IMO had to be investigated thoroughly. The Uncle had to have known he would be suspected. I think that was one of the reasons it was kept quiet...and, perhaps, the reason DM didn't want to answer questions about the family. I personally don't understand why they needed to play it down, not when there is a child involved. Perhaps, they were watching him. I also think the charge (and I'm sure it's a valid charge) came when it did to keep him from fleeing. I'm wondering if somehow Brooke became aware of what he's been doing online. I've gone back to the store video and at one point she looks towards the door...like she can't wait to leave (?). At first, I thought it was to see if her "ride" came...but she just looks way to uncomfortable. Perhaps, the story she told the Uncle was just a ruse to get away from HIM.

Busylady
Jacques, who is married to Bennett's mother's sister, is listed on Vermont's sex offender registry. He was convicted of sexual assault and kidnapping in 1993.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/30/vermont.missing.girl.ap/index.html?eref=rss_latest

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Just now on our noon news they are looking at the uncle for her disappearence, they are doing ariel searches in helicopters right now of his home and fields next to his home. They are also looking in his home. I will update as soon as they update there website.

Thank you. He must live in a rural area?

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks, CP! I just wasn't sure.

Wow! Vermont! I hope they turn up something soon. I wonder if it means he is now talking? Although, I don't know the news will be at all the outcome any of us would want to hear. :(

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM

Thank ya', dear.:blowkiss:

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM

Thanks Vermont, keep us posted.

vermontn03
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Offender Locator

Data last updated: 2008-06-30 12:22:28
Inmate IDLastFirstDOBSiteCaseworkerTelephoneJACQUES MICHAEL 1966/03/18Southern State CF
700 Charlestown Road
Springfield
VT
(802)885-9800unknown

http://doc.vermont.gov/offender-locator/offender-locator/Offender_report

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I heard on foxnews that the presser won't be until 4pm??????

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
I heard on foxnews that the presser won't be until 4pm??????

That's correct, not until 4pm.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes, I heard that as well. I guess they are waiting on the arraignment and what they are working on at the moment. They may have huge news by that time.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, I heard that as well. I guess they are waiting on the arraignment and what they are working on at the moment. They may have huge news by that time.

That's what I'm starting to think..big news by the time the presser happens.

vermontn03
06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
you are very welcome. I will keep everyone posted, I will update the article as soon as I see it updated on the site.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
The Argus reporter told Fox News that MJ will be arraigned at 1pm EST. She said the details of what he's charged with will be known, then.

I have a sinking feeling that at the 4pm presser, he'll be named a suspect in Brookes disappearance.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
what are the chances of them televising the arraignment?

RR0004
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Brooke, please be ok...

Spazkat9696
06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
The Argus reporter told Fox News that MJ will be arraigned at 1pm EST. She said the details of what he's charged with will be known, then.

I have a sinking feeling that at the 4pm presser, he'll be named a suspect in Brookes disappearance.

Given the new air searches I think he gave them information, and they are hoping to have found her by then. Not looking good, but I hope I'm wrong.

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm thinking that if he was the person who originally gave LE all the pertinent info about where she "said' she was going, what she was planning on doing, etc. that they needed to take that and run with it...as he very well may have been the very last person to have talked to her. Of course, they were aware of his status, but his original story IMO had to be investigated thoroughly. The Uncle had to have known he would be suspected. I think that was one of the reasons it was kept quiet...and, perhaps, the reason DM didn't want to answer questions about the family. I personally don't understand why they needed to play it down, not when there is a child involved.

Because in order to find her alive, people had to search for her. If they automatically thought the Uncle/family was involved, the urgency goes down for some, as the conclussion would seem foregone. I still hope she is alive, somewhere, that if the Uncle did this he has her in hiding or knows more explicitly who does, not that he killed her.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Just read police are at his home right now!

RR0004
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
...includes search and rescue

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS/56479780

RR0004
06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow...that was updated fast...when I originally read the article it said 12:15pm...things are happening fast.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:53 PM
...includes search and rescue

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS/56479780

This is so sad....

ckwood32
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
This really isn't looking good at all. I really thought maybe this was a runaway situation at first.

Amster
06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Wow...that was updated fast...when I originally read the article it said 12:15pm...things are happening fast.

I'm beyond angry....

I wonder if MJs DNA was found on Brookes clothes? Or, maybe the perv coward confessed?

:furious:

Busylady
06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
This doesnt make sense - myspace for Jim Bennett, jobs, age dont match, location does. The first person on friends list is Savanna. If you go down through the comments Savanna has a comment in 11/1997 and she calls him dad. Click on the Savanna in his friends list and she has a message regarding Brooke.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47111264

Busylady
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Then this is the myspace for Rhonda who is also on Jim Bennetts myspace. A comment from Savanna there as well and Savanna calls her mom.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30872639

So are there two Jim Bennetts in Bethel with a daughter named Savanna?

Amster
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
MJ is being arraigned right now.....should have some news, soon, on the charges.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
This doesnt make sense - myspace for Jim Bennett, jobs, age dont match, location does. The first person on friends list is Savanna. If you go down through the comments Savanna has a comment in 11/1997 and she calls him dad. Click on the Savanna in his friends list and she has a message regarding Brooke.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47111264

That's not thee Jim Bennett or Savanna, according the the poster from the other board who knows them.
The real Jim Bennett has a private myspace account...again..this is according to the poster who knows the family.

Amster
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Then this is the myspace for Rhonda who is also on Jim Bennetts myspace. A comment from Savanna there as well and Savanna calls her mom.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30872639

Janet is JMs wifes name

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 01:08 PM

Yes, that's correct, according to people who know the family. That's not Jim, and that's not Savanna.
Brooke's dad Jim has a private account, and his wife's name is Janet not Rhonda.

Taximom
06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Brooke, please be ok...

Amen to that.

Amster
06-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Where is the best place to look for news on the arraignment?

vermontn03
06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
please watch the first video. There will be more tonight

http://www.wcax.com/Global/category.asp?C=139464&nav=menu183_5

vermontn03
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Where is the best place to look for news on the arraignment?

He hasnt been arraigned yet. some time this afternoon.

Busylady
06-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Ok thanks. I found the private one for Jim also, this one just came up as well with a name and location search. It also indicates that Rhonda and Jim are no longer together. Just jumped out at me because if you click on Jims friends list a good majority of them all have messages regarding Brooke. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, that's correct, according to people who know the family. That's not Jim, and that's not Savanna.
Brooke's dad Jim has a private account, and his wife's name is Janet not Rhonda.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 01:38 PM
He hasnt been arraigned yet. some time this afternoon.Arraignment is scheduled for 1:00pm. Aren't you only an hour ahead of us here? It would mean it is going on right now.

Amster
06-30-2008, 01:45 PM
He hasnt been arraigned yet. some time this afternoon.

ok...Fox News reported that he was being arraigned at that time...45 minutes ago....1pm EST. I'll wait for local news. Thanks.

Beyond Belief
06-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Its 1:45 eastern time, this should be concluded soon

RR0004
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm on pins and needles!

Beyond Belief
06-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I hope he tries to escape and they can shoot him.:clap:

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 01:56 PM
You aren't alone on that one, RR! I think there are quite a few of us that share the sentiment.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I hope he tries to escape and they can shoot him.:clap::highfive: But only AFTER he gives up all the information on Brooke!

cheko1
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm beyond angry....

I wonder if MJs DNA was found on Brookes clothes? Or, maybe the perv coward confessed?

:furious:

Why they let RSO out without castraing them is beyond me once a RSO normally will do it again if given anytype of opportunity!!!! I get so po'd!!! Grrrrrrrrr

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't know that does any good, Cheko. It is a power thing and they would still abuse children, imo. They would just use other things to do it. :(

This POS should not have been out tho. The charges against him were very serious and I don't know what happened that he was released in such a short time. I haven't found any info on how long he actually served, but he wasn't under mandatory monitoring etc. Seems very odd in light of the charges.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I hope he tries to escape and they can shoot him.:clap:

Ditto!!!!

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Fox is reporting K-9s, helicopters, etc. on his property...so it is obvious this must have to do directly with Brooke.

Not sure if the Anchor mispoke, but he said that Brooke's computer linked back to the uncle. Interesting.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know that does any good, Cheko. It is a power thing and they would still abuse children, imo. They would just use other things to do it. :(

This POS should not have been out tho. The charges against him were very serious and I don't know what happened that he was released in such a short time. I haven't found any info on how long he actually served, but he wasn't under mandatory monitoring etc. Seems very odd in light of the charges.

I've also been looking SS haven't found anything yet!
I know its a power thing with them but it infuriates me everytime we go thru this....... like you I knew the uncle was guilty of something!!!!!

Beyond Belief
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
is fox showing footage?

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
No, no footage yet. It was the blonde reporter on the ground there just reporting.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Fox is reporting K-9s, helicopters, etc. on his property...so it is obvious this must have to do directly with Brooke.

Not sure if the Anchor mispoke, but he said that Brooke's computer linked back to the uncle. Interesting.
WHAT?
omg. Cable news gets facts mixed up all of the time, so..grain of salt with that until it's been repeated by other sources.
Would he pretend to be a young guy just to get her to meet him somewhere?
Do you think he planned it that far in advance? Playing with her on myspace until he had the perfect opportunity to ask her to meet him somewhere.
Goodness.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
WHAT?
omg. Cable news gets facts mixed up all of the time, so..grain of salt with that until it's been repeated by other sources.
Would he pretend to be a young guy just to get her to meet him somewhere?
Do you think he planned it that far in advance?
Goodness.

He has probably had her scoped out for years Evelyn...
RSO are very smart at luring there prey...I think he has had it planned for a long time.

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 02:12 PM
How sick but we predicted that too, the poor girl had no chance at out witting the creep. He knew all along what was going to happen and what he was going to do. How freaked and shocked she must have been at the moment the horrible truth about whom she was corresponding with and meeting was revealed to her. :eek: Does VT have the death penalty?

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
RSO are very smart at luring there prey...I think he has had it planned for a long time.

If this turns out to be true, then I guess he did plan it pretty far in advance.

SeriouslySearching
RSO are very smart at luring there prey...I think he has had it planned for a long time.Yes, pedos do groom and set up events to carry out various actions. This has to do with the fantasy side of their evil sick ways.

I would not be surprised if he used a younger male persona to lure her from myspace at all. (I spent hours last night looking for just that.) He could easily have pulled that off knowing Brooke and knowing the things she was interested in. Photos etc. are easy to come by and she would never have known. Then to be the one to drop her off for her "meeting" would mean that he covered all his bases including being seen on the video going the other way to back up his story.

Knowing there was no one there for her to meet gives him the perfect opportunity to swing back by to supposedly "check on her" and offer to give her a ride. No one else is the wiser if he did it out of the view of the public so no one sees her getting into his vehicle and after others saw her wandering around on the streets alone prior for an hour or so.

evelyn24
How sick but we predicted that too, the poor girl had no chance at out witting the creep. He knew all along what was going to happen and what he was going to do. How freaked and shocked she must have been at the moment the horrible truth about whom she was corresponding with and meeting was revealed to her. :eek: Does VT have the death penalty?

Nope.

murdershewrote
this just makes me furious...what is wrong with her parents...why would they even let her come near this "uncle", no less be spending nights over at his house.

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 02:21 PM
this just makes me furious...what is wrong with her parents...why would they even let her come near this "uncle", no less be spending nights over at his house.

We don't know that they knew. The Dad didn't before hand, that's the impression I have. Not everyone out there is doing the sex offender searches. Anymore, I guess parents that don't are negligent. :confused:

Beyond Belief
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Fox said more after the break. Wouldn't you know I have to leave for work.

Prayers for the family. Geez, why did the sob have to steal this child's life from her.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
We don't know that they knew. The Dad didn't before hand, that's the impression I have. Not everyone out there is doing the sex offender searches. Anymore, I guess parents that don't are negligent. :confused:I wouldn't go as far as to call them all negligent. Some people are not computer savy and others are trusting of family. We are talking about a small community and according to one person who claims people did know...they obviously didn't care enough to do anything to prevent this.

While I doubt the father knew, the sister's in-laws must have known. They should have made her and Brooke's mom aware of the uncle's past. However, if she did know...she was negligent to allow a relationship of any kind with this man.

Taximom
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I am so furious right now, I can hardly breathe. How you can let someone like him around any young children in that family is beyond words. I'm sure he had them all convinced (gee, the RSO website says he's not being supervised so he's ok, right?!) that he was fine. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wasn't the one that got her involved in Myspace in the first place. Maybe she should have been living with her dad.

:mad:

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I think at this point that is a given since the father was trying his best to do the right thing by taking her myspace down in the first place. He was trying to protect her as he mentioned...then he mentioned she lived with her mother...which reading between the lines to me could mean that the mother didn't follow through with his decision to prevent her from getting online.

It would not have prevented this perv from being around her tho since she was allowed to spend the night at his house. One of the parents must have agreed to it.

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Who is DM5632?

They where posting on here but I have not seen anything since yesterday early afternoon. Are they a family member? It appeared so but I was just curious.

murdershewrote
06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Here's how I see this possibly happening. She goes to the laundromat waiting to meet the on-line guy, he doesn't show (because he's the uncle), so she starts to walk back home. The uncle pulls up alongside her in his car (he's been waiting for her) and says...what happened, get in and I'll take you home. Then that was the end.

Is it true that Vermont is one of the most lenient states when it comes to prosecuting sex offenders, I seem to recall hearing discussions about VT on TV, wasn't there a judge there that let child rapist go, something like that? Don't mean to "dis" the whole state, I have visited there many times and it's a beautiful place with good people, but it is a very very liberal state. DP in Vermont, no way.

Taximom
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Who is DM5632?

They where posting on here but I have not seen anything since yesterday early afternoon. Are they a family member? It appeared so but I was just curious.

I was curious too and asked her. Here's her response.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2336184&postcount=296

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Why isn't anyone reporting on the results of the hearing?!?! This is driving me crazy! It has to be over by now.

I also think we should be looking at other unsolved cases in that area for his involvement over the past few years.

Spazkat9696
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Who's Nick?

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Nicholas Garza, I believe.

Spazkat9696
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_063008b_royalton.html

(snip)
UPDATE
MISSING BROOKE BENNETT
June 30, 2008 - Afternoon

For Immediate Release: June 30, 2008
As a result of this past weekend’s investigation into the disappearance of 12 year-old Brooke Bennett of Braintree, Vermont, the Vermont State Police and the FBI have concentrated their investigation efforts around the Jacques’ property in Randolph, Vermont. The Connecticut State Police and the Massachusetts State Police are assisting in the property search by providing a helicopter as well as additional K-9 units. The Vermont State Police Search and Rescue Team have been called in as well. The search will cover an extensive area.
In addition, the FBI has flown in additional resources.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
heres an update, hes being held on $250,000
more info at link:
http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS/159045543

fox news said he plead : not guily. SHOCKING!

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Presser in one hour:

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_063008a_royalton.html

(snip)
WHAT: Investigation update
WHEN: Monday, June 30th, 2008 4:00 PM
WHERE: Whitcomb High School, Pleasant Street - VT Rt. 12, Bethel, VT

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:01 PM
search for Brooke focused at pos's house

http://burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS02/80630019

Amster
06-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Fox News reported he pleaded not guilty. Stupid judge set bail for the perv. DA asked for no bail.....makes me puke!

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 03:04 PM

Thank you, Taximom.

I think what DM said about this myspace account is still confusing me in the back of my mind http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=270831610

They said that the family set up this account that they set up for her and changed the password when she started abusing it. It was accessed on 6-25 and says "brooke thinks she has them fooled and mood is satisfied. It's still a little odd and I wish we had more clarification on this.

Amster
06-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Now Fox says bail is 4 million. Don't know where Shep got that news....Molly Lyon just corrected the Shepster....bail 250,000

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
At Jacques' home on East Bethel Road in Randolph, Vermont State Police are currently conducting a search of his house and property. About 12:30 this afternoon, a helicopter began circling the area immediately around his house, including his backyard, then widened its search area. The helicopter is currently parked in the side yard.

Vermont State Police officers wearing protective gear have been seen entering and leaving the home.

Police said earlier today that the investigation, which had centered around the Floating Bridge in Brookfield where articles of Bennett's clothing had been found last week, had shifted to Jacques' home and property. State Police from Connecticut and Massachusetts were assisting in the search, and additional K-9 units were being brought in, as well.

Unless the new charges against him have to do with another missing child...this has to be centered around finding Brooke. To read it in print really hits me in the gut tho. :(

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Now Fox says bail is 4 million. Don't know where Shep got that news....Molly Lyon just corrected the Shepster....bail 250,000

It may have sounded like that but I think he said " quarter of a million."

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
since he plead not guilty i'm thinking he is not cooperating with LE. IMO. He wouldnt plead not guilty and then say "oh, brooke is there" IMO

and Brookes family were in the courtroom, not sure exactly who though.

Amster
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
It may have sounded like that but I think he said " quarter of a million."

ooops...I usually tune Shep out....

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone have his exact address handy? Looking at mapquest is quite clear. I was wondering how much land this guy had access to and if they had outbuildings around.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:15 PM
It might be my computer, but things are slowing down. And we all know what happens when there's breaking news. Just in case, here is the link to chat.

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:15 PM
since he plead not guilty i'm thinking he is not cooperating with LE. IMO. He wouldnt plead not guilty and then say "oh, brooke is there" IMO

and Brookes family were in the courtroom, not sure exactly who though.They ALWAYS plead, "Not Guilty". This is standard. I am sure he either has an atty or the court has appointed him one. They would never let him plead, "Guilty".

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I read Brooke's family was in the courtroom today. The first of many I'm afraid.

dark_shadows
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't recall reading how the uncle is related to Brooke. I've read he's connect to Brooke from her mom's side, but not how. For some reason I don't think he's a blood uncle, but one through marriage.

Dearest Evelyn,:blowkiss:
I posted on the first thread last night that Jacques is married to Brooke's mother's sister. That is what I was told when the reporter told me that Jacques was arrested.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Who is DM5632?

I never thought they were a family member. Perhaps someone that works with a search group in VT or got his email and took it upon themselves to contact the Dad.

Busylady
06-30-2008, 03:22 PM
1850 E Bethel Road, Randolph Ctr - also a Denise Jacques age 63 at that location in public indexes.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:25 PM
It might be my computer, but things are slowing down. And we all know what happens when there's breaking news. Just in case, here is the link to chat.

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html

I've never used it, how do I get into it etc?

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Taped Fox Video from Live Desk. But not live:

http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=1904330&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749

cheko1
06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I am praying so hard Brooke is still alive......
but I am sure if she was they'd of found her by now.

I hope that she is found very soon.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
1850 E Bethel Road, Randolph Ctr - also a Denise Jacques age 63 at that location in public indexes.Thanks, Busylady! (trying to get ready for work here...having quite a hard time of it. LOL)

So when they mentioned the clothes being found on Highway 65...they were wrong? I only see a Highway 89 and 66 anywhere near his house. So where exactly did they find the clothes then?

There are tons of wooded areas which are between the house and the main highway with dirt roads all over. She could be just about anywhere, but I bet the K-9s will be able to find her if she is there.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
As a result of this past weekend’s investigation into the disappearance of 12 year-old Brooke Bennett of Braintree, Vermont, the Vermont State Police and the FBI have concentrated their investigation efforts around the Jacques’ property in Randolph, Vermont. The Connecticut State Police and the Massachusetts State Police are assisting in the property search by providing a helicopter as well as additional K-9 units. The Vermont State Police Search and Rescue Team have been called in as well. The search will cover an extensive area.

http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/press/press_063008b_royalton.html

This is just an afternoon update. (Sorry, if it has been posted already.)

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
New video on Fox of Jacques' arraignment! Also from the home...coming soon.

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
New video on Fox of Jacques' arraignment! Also from the home...coming soon.

I just saw that too! I would like to know what family members were there

murdershewrote
06-30-2008, 03:38 PM
video brings up a good point...was the uncle the only one who told the story about Brooke meeting a friend's sick friend at a hospital. Was her mother also told that story...or is this something that the uncle made up and there's no truth to it at all.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
At the fox video I linked above, if I heard correctly the panel states that MJ was locked away from 1993-2006. So if that's true, why was he on unsupervised RSO status? No wonder his record is clean from 1993. He was locked up most of this time!

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
1850 E Bethel Road, Randolph Ctr - also a Denise Jacques age 63 at that location in public indexes.

I also found this when I googled the address

Jacques Mike (http://www.ypsort.com/info/vt/773274/)
1850 E Bethel Rd
802-728-4804

and then it also shows this
:eek:

Gagnon Cassandra (http://www.ypsort.com/info/vt/773272/)
1703 E Bethel Rd
802-728-4537
I don't know how old this address is but maybe they should search that address also. I bet the family still owns it.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Busylady! (trying to get ready for work here...having quite a hard time of it. LOL)

So when they mentioned the clothes being found on Highway 65...they were wrong? I only see a Highway 89 and 66 anywhere near his house. So where exactly did they find the clothes then?

There are tons of wooded areas which are between the house and the main highway with dirt roads all over. She could be just about anywhere, but I bet the K-9s will be able to find her if she is there.

When she first went missing & I was in Tn the news stated her clothes were found 60 miles away. We know how first reports are.....I've heard several different statements SS so I am not sure.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I never thought they were a family member. Perhaps someone that works with a search group in VT or got his email and took it upon themselves to contact the Dad.
DM said the dad contacted her to get the info straight about the MS accounts.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
SS:

Yep, SuziQ posted the afternoon link on the previous page! LOL :blowkiss:

I am not surprised that the Uncle is being looked at in regards to Brooke's disappearance. Have felt from the beginning something was wrong with his story. I have questioned about the cousin, was there one actually in the car?? I would assume that if so, LE would have questioned her.

What I don't understand, is that SS has mentioned time after time how the LE checks out the families backgrounds, etc. So, how did the fact that he was a RSO NOT get picked up the LE???

If LE has known all along that the Uncle's story was fabricated and that he was really their POI all along, I will have to give LE a high five for keeping it under wraps until such a time (as now) to be able to charge him with something and bring him in for questioning about Brooke.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
When she first went missing & I was in Tn the news stated her clothes were found 60 miles away. We know how first reports are.....I've heard several different statements SS so I am not sure.

I'm confused on the original statements on where the uncle lived. It was stated Brookfield where the clothes were found on hwy 65. I was thinking his RSO was not correct and up to date. But the search is going on at a house in Randolph.

Class-z
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
At the fox video I linked above, if I heard correctly the panel states that MJ was locked away from 1993-2006. So if that's true, why was he on unsupervised RSO status? No wonder his record is clean from 1993. He was locked up most of this time!

LOcked up and they cant' say he's not repeated, he just hasn't been caught is all

Also, if she really was talking to someone on the internet, whose to say it wasn't him pretending to be someone else?

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Lol littledeer, what's more shocking to me is the press didn't pick up that the uncle was an RSO. The first thing I do when I get a name is look up the RSO registry.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
DM said the dad contacted her to get the info straight about the MS accounts.
You know the more I think about it, that seems a bit odd...don't you think.

BTW- to address an earlier post- DM never came out and said she was in any of the organized searches for Nick Garza, but she did say she had gone down there after the point of entry was established. It sounds as if she's just a concerned citizen.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
SS:

Yep, SuziQ posted the afternoon link on the previous page! LOL :blowkiss:

I am not surprised that the Uncle is being looked at in regards to Brooke's disappearance. Have felt from the beginning something was wrong with his story. I have questioned about the cousin, was there one actually in the car?? I would assume that if so, LE would have questioned her.

What I don't understand, is that SS has mentioned time after time how the LE checks out the families backgrounds, etc. So, how did the fact that he was a RSO NOT get picked up the LE???

If LE has known all along that the Uncle's story was fabricated and that he was really their POI all along, I will have to give LE a high five for keeping it under wraps until such a time (as now) to be able to charge him with something and bring him in for questioning about Brooke.

They had to have known...keep your friends close...your enemies even closer...

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:49 PM
LOcked up and they cant' say he's not repeated, he just hasn't been caught is all

Also, if she really was talking to someone on the internet, whose to say it wasn't him pretending to be someone else?

I'm beginning to think that explains why Brooke was at the laundrymat. This guy could have preplanned this to the hilt and he wasn't going to be caught and go back to prison. The other victim in Randolph is lucky he didn't cause them to disappear as well.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
10 minutes till the presser. Anyone seeing a live link:

angelwngs
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM

BTW- to address an earlier post- DM never came out and said she was in any of the organized searches for Nick Garza, but she did say she had gone down there after the point of entry was established. It sounds as if she's just a concerned citizen.

Maybe she is a reporter... Media would possibly follow up after a point of entry was established...

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Jacques, Mike & Denise
1850 E Bethel Rd
Randolph Center, VT 05061

removed phone number

Is this him and his wife?

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm beginning to think that explains why Brooke was at the laundrymat. This guy could have preplanned this to the hilt and he wasn't going to be caught and go back to prison. The other victim in Randolph is lucky he didn't cause them to disappear as well.

They kept saying the uncle and cousin dropped her off. This could have been his plan, (alibi) he then took the cousin somewhere and went back for her which would explain the 45 minutes (or less) that she was last seen.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Lol littledeer, what's more shocking to me is the press didn't pick up that the uncle was an RSO. The first thing I do when I get a name is look up the RSO registry.

Isn't that the TRUTH Suzi!! I don't get it either!! Were they all sleeping on the job at the same time?? :confused:

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM

I agree. Something doesn't seem right there

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
If there was a cousin, then IMO she must of have told LE something that didn't jive with his story??

Or maybe just the fact, that she didn't go into the store with Brooke and her (Dad?), but was told to wait in the car?? That would arouse a bit of suspicion with LE on the Uncle's story, I would think.

They kept saying the uncle and cousin dropped her off. This could have been his plan, (alibi) he then took the cousin somewhere and went back for her which would explain the 45 minutes (or less) that she was last seen.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Isn't that the TRUTH Suzi!! I don't get it either!! Were they all sleeping on the job at the same time?? :confused:

I swear that reporters these days are so afraid of getting into trouble that they don't go after the big scoop.

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 03:57 PM

I don't know how he could have been locked away all that time. The child he is jail for right now for assaulting, says it has gone on for five years, starting when she was 9 and ending just a few weeks ago. So, he has atleast been out since 2003. :confused:

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
2 minutes to 4 here. Is anyone going to be able to let us know what is going on with the presser?????????????????

Busylady
06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Not sure if it is his wife Denise is 63

Jacques, Mike & Denise
1850 E Bethel Rd
Randolph Center, VT 05061

removed phone number

Is this him and his wife?

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8576795

(snip)
Police say they uncovered evidence linking Michael Jacques, 42, to a child sex ring while investigating Brooke's disappearance. But they say the charges are unrelated to Brooke's case.
Jacques is accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over several years. He was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a minor.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Let's also remember, we still don't know what transpired the night before...there's more time unaccounted for. I wonder who was home at the uncle's the night before with Brooke. Something very strange about that.

murdershewrote
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
has Brook's mother been interviewed on TV or come out to say anything ? I just wondered, everything seems to be filtering thru the dad, which is OK. Just curious if anybody has heard anything from her.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM

(snip)
Police say they uncovered evidence linking Michael Jacques, 42, to a child sex ring while investigating Brooke's disappearance. But they say the charges are unrelated to Brooke's case.
Jacques is accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over several years. He was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a minor.
A child sex ring? You've got to be kidding me!! What did DM say about this area...idyllic for kids?!

SuziQ
live link here:
http://www.wptz.com/video/11306790/index.html

swanniee11
I don't know how he could have been locked away all that time. The child he is jail for right now for assaulting, says it has gone on for five years, starting when she was 9 and ending just a few weeks ago. So, he has atleast been out since 2003. :confused:

actually, it states he was done with "state supervision in 2006" that could mean he got out of jail in 03 but had 3 years of probation. IMO

Busylady
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
This makes me so sick to my stomach. With the term child sex ring it makes me wonder how many more victims there are.

(snip)

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm wondering since the Uncle was involved with a "child sex ring" that maybe he had set up Brooke with one of his other cohorts that were involved?

Maybe he didn't have anything to do with Brooke's disappearance directly. But found out later that this cohort did do something with Brooke and so they both came up with this story about Brooke meeting up with a friend (which would be true in a way or actually is the truth if this cohort was the one corresponding with her on Myspace).

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
has Brook's mother been interviewed on TV or come out to say anything ? I just wondered, everything seems to be filtering thru the dad, which is OK. Just curious if anybody has heard anything from her.

And why does she have an address next door to her brother in law? That seems weird.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
SUZI:

TYPE TYPE TYPE

I CAN'T GET VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone????

Amster
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM

(snip)

OMG...it just gets more horrible.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Maybe she is a reporter... Media would possibly follow up after a point of entry was established...
Yeah...you may be right...or tied to LE in some way...she kept saying what a nice place Randolph was for raising kids...no one questioned the kind of area this was happening in...may be she was preparing all of us for what was to come. I've always appreciated her posts.

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
A child sex ring? You've got to be kidding me!! What did DM say about this area...idyllic for kids?!

DM kept saying (on more then one post) that the kids where "wholesome"

cheko1
I'm confused on the original statements on where the uncle lived. It was stated Brookfield where the clothes were found on hwy 65. I was thinking his RSO was not correct and up to date. But the search is going on at a house in Randolph.

I'm with you SuziQ I'm also confused.....hopefully more info will come out soon!

Amster
I bet Denise is the grandma who reported Brooke missing...

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:09 PM
I must have missed something. Who is "she"?

Yeah...you may be right...or tied to LE in some way...she kept saying what a nice place Randolph was for raising kids...no one questioned the kind of area this was happening in...may be she was preparing all of us for what was to come. I've always appreciated her posts.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
what's being said on the presser???????????????????

Amster
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Is the press conf. happening? Fox is screaming about stocks!

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
amster:

LOL................

great minds thinking alike!

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:13 PM
http://www.wptz.com/video/11306790/index.html <<Presser live

CarpeDiem
06-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, it is happening. It is very hard to hear the questions. All I've gotten for certain is he is a POI and they won't talk about family dynamics as they promised the Mother they wouldn't.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
My computer is locking up. There are charging docs and affidavit where the vic talks about the involvement of a bigger group. This victim is was a victim of the ring. Can someone look for the docs and post them here?

ETA: I bet we see alot of arrests very soon.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks SS!!

But, unfortunately I don't have the capability of seeing/hearing a video. GRRRRRRRRRR

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Uncle is now a POI!!

I can't believe I came back here to check what's going on, and it's worse than I thought.
A child sex ring. *shakes head*

FourWands
06-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I've been lurking in this thread for three days while I waited for approval but after begging a moderator, here I am...

I live near Montpelier, my husband works there. To answer a question from several days ago, Montpelier has plenty of fliers up. Randolph is about 20 miles from here...
One of the reasons it makes sense to search fields as opposed to a wooded area right now is because of the weather - we have had rain almost every day for several weeks... Not a lot but enough to prevent local farmers from haying their fields and the grass in those fields has gotten very tall. It could be conceivable possible to miss a body even with aerial searches.
I certainly do hope they find this young lady safe and sound...

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
With the facts being stated about a child sex ring....this doesn't sound very good!

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I am assuming that the victim you are talking about is the other girl??

My computer is locking up. There are charging docs and affidavit where the vic talks about the involvement of a bigger group. This victim is was a victim of the ring. Can someone look for the docs and post them here?

ETA: I bet we see alot of arrests very soon.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
They were aware of Jacques' criminal record from the beginning. As a result from information developed on late Sat. night/early Sunday morning...the investigations shifted drastically.

Clarification on that comment: Computer forensics narrowed the investigation from there.

(What are they talking about Breckenridge as in Colorado?)

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
I have been following this for a few days. My god the uncle is involved in a sex ring? How horrifying and now I am more scared than ever for Brooke.

Sleuthster
06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
She could still be alive though. Especially with a child sex ring. The victim that he was charged with today said they where abused for 5 years and they are still alive.

Also they thought Natalie Holloway's disapearance could have been part of a child sex ring and I remember the FBI saying something about that she would probably be alive if that was the case.

cheko1
I've been lurking in this thread for three days while I waited for approval but after begging a moderator, here I am...

I live near Montpelier, my husband works there. To answer a question from several days ago, Montpelier has plenty of fliers up. Randolph is about 20 miles from here...
One of the reasons it makes sense to search fields as opposed to a wooded area right now is because of the weather - we have had rain almost every day for several weeks... Not a lot but enough to prevent local farmers from haying their fields and the grass in those fields has gotten very tall. It could be conceivable possible to miss a body even with aerial searches.

Welcome to WS Fourwands.........
Your input is very helpful! Thank you.....

SeriouslySearching
Welcome to WS, Fourwands! :)

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome to WS FourWands!

Thanks for the local information. I hope the fields are being searched by tracker dogs or individuals if you think that arerial searches would not be able to spot a body.

Sorry to say, that I don't think Brooke will be found safe and sound.:mad:

CarpeDiem
They say the case shifted dramatically Saturday night/early Sunday morning. That it is still centered around social networking sites on the internet.

evelyn24

Welcome, and thank you for the info.

Busylady
Not sure I have all this correct very hard to hear but this is what I am getting so far.

Listening to the press conference and its awful. I would love to see the arrest affaidavat of Michael Jacques. Apparently there is a ring called Breckenridge, the affadavit list three other girls and two other gentlemen (not clear if Brooke is one listed or not).

SuziQ
I am assuming that the victim you are talking about is the other girl??

Yes. This is much bigger than we originally thought. The spokesman keeps saying to refer to the docs as they explain everything.

He also won't comment whether MJ made up the story about the hospital visit. I can't hear most of the questions.

evelyn24
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
They say the case shifted dramatically Saturday night/early Sunday morning. That is still is centered around social networking sites on the internet.

I'm sure the case is still centered around social networking sites, because that's how these SO lure their victims.

lucky181
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
per the presser..Jacques was the relative who found the clothing. No comment on who told LE about the hospital visit story and no comment on if he is cooperating. There are 50 investigators working. They had not been aware of the sex ring before this case.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Just when we think we have seen & heard it all on WS it just gets worse!!! :furious:

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
ok, from what I heard there are other children/perps involved, one reporter asked if what she heard about 3 other girls involved, he would not comment but it sounds like there are more girls and more perps ( I heard possibly 2 other men at least ) LE would not verify if there was another person (cousin) in the car, also Jacques was the one who found the clothing.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow! Child sex rings. This does concern me even more, but you are right that it could mean she is still alive.

They did mention this could take the investigation out of state.

Also to clarify...he used myspace as an example of social networking sites on the internet. They have been very cooperative, but there are a number of others, too.

Note from me: A child sex ring could be considered a form "social networking".

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Suzi. What little you can hear and post is much appreciated!! :blowkiss:

Are those docs yet available?? I don't think any of us (posters and lurkers) even considered a child sex ring once!!!!! It is a shock!!

Yes. This is much bigger than we originally thought. The spokesman keeps saying to refer to the docs as they explain everything.

He also won't comment whether MJ made up the story about the hospital visit. I can't hear most of the questions.

swanniee11
I think it was asked if Brooke could be at another location where the other perps were, he had said something about once its ian internet networking, you have to look out of state. This is huge. Brookes mother asked that her family not be talked about during pressers. Oh and the cousin is a girl.

evelyn24
Of course he "found" the clothing...the creep.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
They need to take Jacques & put him in the GP in the jail/ let some of the prisoners beat the info out of him they need!

jyram
06-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I wonder why he would "find" her clothing, really, how would that benefit him?

FourWands
Aww... thank you for your warm welcome!

This is old but it goes to show the child sex ring thing has been alive and well in Vermont for some time...

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/2001/02/12/2001-02-12_a_seductive_hook_slain_teen_.html

Littledeer
swanniee:

Thanks for keeping us posted. But what is "ian" internet networking??

I think it was asked if Brooke could be at another location where the other perps were, he had said something about once its ian internet networking, you have to look out of state. This is huge. Brookes mother asked that her family not be talked about during pressers. Oh and the cousin is a girl.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:28 PM

Ok everyone blast me but the Mom is the one who let her daughter spend the night at the home of a RSO. Now she wants spared????

Spazkat9696
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok everyone blast me but the Mom is the one who let her daughter spend the night at the home of a RSO. Now she wants spared????

I don't think she kenw he was a RSO.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I can't believe the judge gave him bail and a curfew if he makes bail....CURFEW???!!!

(snip)
In court Monday, a pallid Jacques handcuffed and shackled at the waist entered a not guilty plea through public defender L. Brooke Dingledine, who persuaded Judge Theresa DiMauro to grant bail over the objections of Porter.

Jacques has 1993 convictions for kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault and there is "a threat of prejudicial violence to this particular juvenile complainant," said Porter, in arguing for no bail. "Her personal safety was threatened."

He also noted the serious nature of the crime, which could lead to a life prison term, and said Jacques had violated his probation.

"There's no condition or series of conditions that could guarantee the safety of the juvenile complainant in this case," said Porter.

Dingledine said Jacques has a full-time job as an operations manager for a company in West Lebanon, N.H., owns his home and a rental property next door, has strong family ties and a family that depends on his income.

DiMauro said she was considering barring Jacques from leaving the county, but Dingledine who called the corroborating evidence on the sex charge "very sparse" said he needed to get to work. So the judge ordered a 24-hour curfew except for work if he makes bail.

concernedperson

Things are becoming clearer for me now that we learned about the child sex ring. Those other two may be the fellows we have talked about and that is why we couldn't get the verifying info. Everything stayed quiet until the uncle was arrested today.

evelyn24
I wonder why he would "find" her clothing, really, how would that benefit him?

Good question.
Maybe SS is onto something, maybe she's alive, and he wanted LE to think she was dead?
Maybe the uncle helped one of his "friends" from the ring take her.

Amster
Yes, it is happening. It is very hard to hear the questions. All I've gotten for certain is he is a POI and they won't talk about family dynamics as they promised the Mother they wouldn't.

Promised the mother?

never mind....I was going to say something very snarky....biting my fingers...

swanniee11
swanniee:

Thanks for keeping us posted. But what is "ian" internet networking??

that would be me typing to fast and said ian instead of in. LMAO. sorry, just trying to get info out asap.

Class-z
06-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Of course he "found" the clothing...the creep.

Yes, saying he found them where he did certainly could throw LE off the trail

PLus, I think they are going to have wheel and deal with him on this charge in order to get info from him. He's got nothing to loose, because I believe he's facing life since he did time already for similar offenses

calidreamin
Welcome Four wands and thank you for the information.

SuziQ
Good question.
Maybe SS is onto something, maybe she's alive, and he wanted LE to think she was dead?
Maybe the uncle helped one of his "friends" from the ring take her.

If this is the case, then the uncle may have received a big payment.

cricket
The other victim is a relative! This sounds horrible:

snip

Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, a registered sex offender who was one of the last people to see Brooke Bennett before she vanished, pleaded not guilty to aggravated sexual assault and was being held on $250,000 bail.

The alleged victim, a relative of Jacques', was a girl who says Jacques assaulted her over a five-year period, beginning when she was 9 years old and ending a few weeks ago, Orange County State's Attorney Will Porter said.

In an affidavit released afterward, Vermont State Police Detective Sgt. William Jenkins said the girl told police that when she was 9 or 10, she was told — in a telephone call and in a note left under her pillow — that she had been selected for enrollment in a "program for sex" and that Jacques was to be her trainer.

The alleged victim, identified only as "A.R." in court papers, said she was told two other girls were in the program, too.

"The first who does it lives and the second gets her throat cut," she told police, according to the affidavit.

More at link:

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS/498135263

Busylady
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/jacques_1255939___article.html/bennett_police.html

Authorities say the alleged victim -- who is a relative of Jacques -- says Jacques assaulted her over a five-year period, beginning when she was 9 years old and ending a few weeks ago.
In an affidavit, Vermont State Police Detective Sgt. William Jenkins said the girl told police that when she was 9 or 10, she was told -- in a telephone call and in a note left under her pillow -- that she had been selected for enrollment in a "program for sex" and that Jacques was to be her trainer.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
No problem!! LOL I'm not computer savy, so wouldn't know the difference between a typing error or some type of computer language.

THANKS FOR THE INFOMATION!! :blowkiss:

that would be me typing to fast and said ian instead of in. LMAO. sorry, just trying to get info out asap.

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't think she kenw he was a RSO.

Thank you Spazkat / makes sense now.

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Promised the mother?

I thought something very snarky myself when I heard him say that Amster. Biting my fingers also........

Busylady
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
In an affidavit released afterward, Vermont State Police Detective Sgt. William Jenkins said the girl told police that when she was 9 or 10, she was told -- in a telephone call and in a note left under her pillow -- that she had been selected for enrollment in a "program for sex" and that Jacques was to be her trainer.
The alleged victim, identified only as "A.R." in court papers, said she was told two other girls were in the program, too.
"The first who does it lives and the second gets her throat cut," she told police, according to the affidavit.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2008/06/30/search_for_missing_girl_turns_to_uncles_property/

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Promised the mother?

I'm with you Amster......

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm thinking "snarky" about a few people in this family.

Spazkat9696
06-30-2008, 04:38 PM
In an affidavit released afterward, Vermont State Police Detective Sgt. William Jenkins said the girl told police that when she was 9 or 10, she was told -- in a telephone call and in a note left under her pillow -- that she had been selected for enrollment in a "program for sex" and that Jacques was to be her trainer.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2008/06/30/search_for_missing_girl_turns_to_uncles_property/

Hasn't this sort of mind control been used before? I don't think this is the first time I've heard about this sort of tactic being used.

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM

OMG sick sick sick. That poor girl to find a note like that under her pillow. He should be shot on sight!

Busylady
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
"There's no condition or series of conditions that could guarantee the safety of the juvenile complainant in this case," said Porter.
Dingledine said Jacques has a full-time job as an operations manager for a company in West Lebanon, N.H., owns his home and a rental property next door, has strong family ties and a family that depends on his income.
DiMauro said she was considering barring Jacques from leaving the county, but Dingledine -- who called the corroborating evidence on the sex charge "very sparse" -- said he needed to get to work. So the judge ordered a 24-hour curfew -- except for work -- if he makes bail.
Relatives of Bennett watched from the gallery as Jacques made his appearance

swanniee11
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
OMG sick sick sick. That poor girl to find a note like that under her pillow. He should be shot on sight!

and instead he gets bail. Lovely!

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Anybody else wondering/thinking it's the "cousin" that was the other victim? I know it's sick, considering that Jacques is her father.

But after reading so much here, it's not out of the realm of a possibility.

Class-z
06-30-2008, 04:44 PM

This is horrible for the victims when the Perp is arrested, there is a sense of safety now that they are behind bars, when he makes bail, that child is going to go nuts.

calidreamin
DiMauro said she was considering barring Jacques from leaving the county, but Dingledine -- who called the corroborating evidence on the sex charge "very sparse" -- said he needed to get to work. So the judge ordered a 24-hour curfew -- except for work -- if he makes bail.
Relatives of Bennett watched from the gallery as Jacques made his appearance

A except for work curfew! Are you kidding me?? My husbands sometimes does some work for different companies in West Lebabon, I can't wait for him to get home from work to see if he has run into this loser!

SeriouslySearching
I am just sitting here in total shock they would offer bail to this creep. WTH? They convicted him once already! They know for a FACT he has sexually abused another child and kidnapped them. A jury of his peers determined it was true and he was guilty.

What Judge in their right mind would look at that type of past offense and say, "Cut him loose! He is OK to be free for now as long as he pays attention to his freaking curfew!"?!

Littledeer
Is the presser over with now??

dark_shadows
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM

My dearest RR and Angelwngs,:blowkiss::blowkiss:
RR, glad you mentioned that DM never came out and said that she was not involved in any searches, because she never said that she was. Thank-you. She took the time to take photos for us of the area and she did a very good job. It took her alot of time to upload the photos also.
DM is not a reporter, just a person who wants to help. Just like RR stated.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

cheko1

They had better put him in alot of armor to move him around because I think alot of people is going to want to shoot him before this story comes out.

calidreamin
and instead he gets bail. Lovely!

I can't believe he even gets bail. Nothing like letting him loose on all the children.:mad:

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:46 PM
This is horrible for the victims when the Perp is arrested, there is a sense of safety now that they are behind bars, when he makes bail, that child is going to go nuts.I would suggest that someone in VT contact the local chapter of B.A.C.A. immediately. They will surround the child with 24 hour protection.
http://www.bacausa.com/ (It appears there is no chapter there, but we could contact one of the other states near VT.)

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:47 PM
They had better put him in alot of armor to move him around because I think alot of people is going to want to shoot him before this story comes out.

You have that right cheko :blowkiss::blowkiss:!! How are you doing lady?

FourWands
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I would suggest that someone in VT contact the local chapter of B.A.C.A. immediately. They will surround the child with 24 hour protection.
http://www.bacausa.com/

No local VT chapters...

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought they said on Fox that there was no way he could come up with bail....???? Or did I miss something?

Amster
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Judge Theresa DiMauro :furious::furious:

Is she insane????? Curfew???? She's part of the problem this country has with sex offenders against kids! I DON'T CARE IF HIS FAMILY NEEDS HIS INCOME!! How the heck can that matter??? Tell the pervs family to get jobs...go on welfare...I don't give a flip!! A young girl has been molested by this monster for 5 years! A relative!!!! And, now, a 12 year old girl is missing! OMG....:censored:

calidreamin
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I thought they said on Fox that there was no way he could come up with bail....???? Or did I miss something?

I didn't hear that but lets hope so.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Unfortunately there is always some idiot out there that feels sympathy for these creeps and feels it's their civic duty to bail them out. They've got rights and all, ya know?

Ironic how this has broke open less than a week after the supreme court threw out the death penalty for S/O's.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
No local VT chapters...Yes, I corrected that. There are surrounding states which have chapters. I don't know if they will travel, but they could have connections in VT to set something up. It is a wonderful organization to help protect the child until they go to trial. It gives the family and child a real sense of safety from the perp. Something about having a Biker on your driveway camped out watching seems to make pedos scared. Hmmm...

cheko1
I didn't hear that but lets hope so.

I may of heard it wrong Cali... sent you a message!

SuziQ
Judge Theresa DiMauro :furious::furious:

Is she insane????? Curfew???? She's part of the problem this country has with sex offenders against kids! I DON'T CARE IF HIS FAMILY NEEDS HIS INCOME!! How the heck can that matter??? Tell the pervs family to get jobs...go on welfare...I don't give a flip!! A young girl has been molested by this monster for 5 years! A relative!!!! And, now, a 12 year old girl is missing! OMG....:censored:

If he makes bail, he should go stay at her house.

SeriouslySearching
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I thought they said on Fox that there was no way he could come up with bail....???? Or did I miss something?Let's hope that his family is P*ss poor and he can't make bail. It would be such a blessing in this case.

Littledeer
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I certainly hope that FOX got it right!!!!!!!

NO WAY should he step one foot outside the jail!! If I lived in that state, I know I would NEVER NEVER vote again for this Judge!!

cricket
06-30-2008, 04:55 PM
I am just sitting here in total shock they would offer bail to this creep. WTH? They convicted him once already! They know for a FACT he has sexually abused another child and kidnapped them. A jury of his peers determined it was true and he was guilty.

What Judge in their right mind would look at that type of past offense and say, "Cut him loose! He is OK to be free for now as long as he pays attention to his freaking curfew!"?!

I think that they have to "offer" bail unless LE can prove the person is a flight risk. This guy was arrested over the weekend and has not hired his own attorney - he has a public defender -- therefore I'm thinking there is no way that he can afford the $250k bail.

concernedperson
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Yes, I corrected that. There are surrounding states which have chapters. I don't know if they will travel, but they could have connections in VT to set something up. It is a wonderful organization to help protect the child until they go to trial. It gives the family and child a real sense of safety from the perp. Something about having a Biker on your driveway camped out watching seems to make pedos scared. Hmmm...

Actually I think that a good idea to have a biker protect this child. I am worried that he can make bail. He is a homeowner and they may take that in lieu of the 10% cash. Don't know if that is a possibility in Vermont but in some states bail can be secured with real property.

SeriouslySearching
:highfive:
If he makes bail, he should go stay at her house.

cheko1
Unfortunately there is always some idiot out there that feels sympathy for these creeps and feels it's their civic duty to bail them out. They've got rights and all, ya know?

Ironic how this has broke open less than a week after the supreme court threw out the death penalty for S/O's.

Yeah your right SuziQ.... he should hope he stays put because someone might shoot his azz~~~~

No kidding makes me sick they need to leave the death penalty as it is.

SuziQ
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
The judges husband is a State Trooper. I bet there will be an interesting conversation around the dinner table tonight!

http://dol.state.vt.us/SUPCT/165/eo96-078.txt

cheko1
06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Let's hope that his family is P*ss poor and he can't make bail. It would be such a blessing in this case.

Agree with you SS...... he might not be so smart if he gets bail someone might shoot him~~~ put him out of his misery.

RR0004
06-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I think that they have to "offer" bail unless LE can prove the person is a flight risk. This guy was arrested over the weekend and has not hired his own attorney - he has a public defender -- therefore I'm thinking there is no way that he can afford the $250k bail.
Well, if he owns property, I think it might be easier than you think. He can always put it up as collateral.